Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talking. I think Andrew Friedman's trying to convince Danny Lehman Atlanta's not a great city. No, oh, sorry, Danny. Good to see you, Dave, Great to see you too, Danny. Do you mind if I grab the goat President of Baseball Operations really quick? Thank you.
Speaker 2: Atlanta's no good Danny, Andrew, you made quite a statement double you know, double down on winning another championship.
Speaker 1: Was that spontaneous or something you planned?
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you if I meant it from the bottom of my heart. Last year, the parade was so much more overwhelming than we imagined, just how touching it was, a number of people, the passion, how much people care. We knew, but until you live in experience, you don't fully know it. And that really was the fuel for us right after everyone started talking about let's do another parade, Let's have another one, and so living it again today seeing a fully packed Dodger Stadium. It was spontaneous, but I meant it ideally, It wouldn't have said it starts right now, like a day or two to recover, but it's all about now. Three let's three people, Let's do it again, and let's celebrate it again with this incredible city.
Speaker 1: Everybody always talks about the mechanical parts of baseball, But you're a guy that has been described as one of the best scouts of people out there. What can you say about these group of forty players that you needed to win this World Series? Did you know they had it in them?
Speaker 3: I mean some of it.
Speaker 1: You have to get a little lucky.
Speaker 3: I mean with Yama, obviously we knew the talent, but you can't know that he would be capable of doing.
Speaker 1: What he did.
Speaker 3: We did not know that when we signed him. So sometimes you gotta be lucky. But obviously we do a lot of work on players we acquire in terms of their talents, the workout day, how.
Speaker 1: Much they care.
Speaker 3: Doesn't mean we always get it right, but we put a lot of effort into it. And so for the perseverance of this group, for the character of this group to really shine through, those are some tough games, and to win those tough games, you need that. And for Meggie to make that pick, for Kik to get off the ball like he did in Game six, to make that catch, it had like nineteen percent catch probability.
Speaker 2: He made it look easy because.
Speaker 3: Of how quickly he got off the ball, his reaction time and his route, and so those are the things that help you win a baseball game. And for our guys to shine through and all those different moments isn't shocking.
Speaker 2: But to be rewarded for all the work.
Speaker 3: And passion they put into this is amazing. And to bring it home here to celebrate it with the fans is everything.
Speaker 1: I said it the other night in Toronto. I'll say it again. Los Angeles is very lucky to have Andrew Friedman. You did it again. Three times world champion, Andrew Friedman. Congratulations, thank you, and I'm very lucky to have Los Angeles. Love you.