Speaker 1: All right back with Eddie and Rocky here on a Friday, fully armed with a couple of butter knives and a pair of scissors, and rock ready to get after its son.
Speaker 2: That weird situation just gets weirder.
Speaker 3: But I don't know, and I guess may this might be our last broadcast because the White Death of twenty twenty five is coming.
Speaker 2: Everyone's freaking out, so God bless you, God be with you. I tell you what.
Speaker 1: I drove by a Kroger today and it looked like an ant hell, dude, I'm not kidding you.
Speaker 3: Just people stealing curtains of milk out of each other's hands, and well fags of.
Speaker 2: Bread, fist fighting.
Speaker 1: There were wolves and gnawing on old ladies legs and stuff.
Speaker 2: It was not a positive nights.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: Well here, let's make some sense of it all and talk to a fellow right here who knows all and sees all when it comes to the world of sports. And we talked to him every Friday round about this time. He's our good friend, Richard Skinner. Skenny, how you doing out there? Are you surviving? Are you freaking? What are you doing?
Speaker 5: I've stocked up on the bread and the milk. I mean, I mean, you gotta stop pop the bread and the milk. I've never understood why that's a thing, but that seems to be a thing.
Speaker 6: Get the bread and milk.
Speaker 2: If you want to make corn bread or one of these traditions. Right, yeah, but give.
Speaker 6: Myself a nice steak. I'm gi give myself a nice steak, and I'll right, you know, I'll hunker down for a couple of days with it. No, I'm gonna get the bread and the milk. I'm just gonna have a bread and milk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I see, we steak and like, yeah, maybe granola bars or something, and a couple of potatoes. Make yourself a couple of baked potatoes, get some bacon. You're living large, man.
Speaker 7: That's all good, exactly.
Speaker 3: But speaking of who's not living large right now, Skinny, Joe Burrow forty eight hours ago in that press conference, very reflective, very pensive. You know, it's like on his twenty ninth birthday, like you know many of us do, you kind of assess your situation in this life. And it didn't sound like he's in a great place right now.
Speaker 2: What'd you make of it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, he didn't tell like he's in a great place on Sunday after the game either. I mean, that was the uber competitive Joe Burrow after losses like that usually has an angry tone to it, and on that day he literally said twice that's the way the cookie.
Speaker 6: Crumbled this year.
Speaker 5: And that sounds like a guy who's resigned himself to the fact of how this season's going, that even him coming back wasn't going to be enough to put this team over the hump.
Speaker 6: And then I think, to your point, I do think the birthday had something that I wrote a comment about that yesterday that.
Speaker 5: I do think the birthday had something to do with it. Like you hit you know thirties of milestone birthday, forties, I know all those zero number birthdays.
Speaker 6: So you're creeping up.
Speaker 5: On that, right, You're one more away from a milestone birthday, and you start to think, and how much football do I have left? And whatever football I have left, though, I want to keep going through surgery, rehab, surgery, rehab, rehab quickly to come back to this.
Speaker 6: I don't know, man, I don't know if I'm in for that.
Speaker 5: And I also think there's probably some calculation to this too. Joe Burrow's Joe Burrow says things that he's thought about, and I do wonder if this was like a message of you guys need to make some changes in his organization.
Speaker 6: Like I don't know how far to the top you would go with that, but I.
Speaker 5: Think that was a message to the entire organization of you need to change your ways to get better players, to get a better roster because I'm sick and tired of having risk surgery and coming back and playing at an MVP caliber and not making the playoffs, of coming back early from the turf toe and not in scoring thirty four points. And yes, Joe had a hand in the loss with the pick six and the other interception, but you know, I mean, I can't expect him to play literally greater perfect on every single snap, and that feels like what they're asking him to do. And I think he realizes it's a big burden, it's a big ask. And listen, I don't nobody needs to feel sorry for Joe Burrow. I mean, you're making good money, you are playing a game. They're other people in this world that are going through a lot of stuff too, that are making far less and their job isn't fun. I know there's times where you're all's job isn't fun, because I've done it, and there's times in the.
Speaker 6: Job I do that it's not shun primarily.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you know, I'm not in that regard, but it was I think it was alarming to some degree of he's about had enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you nailed it.
Speaker 3: And you know to me that the times in life when you get reflective and you start getting down, it's when you don't have hope.
Speaker 2: And I don't think right.
Speaker 3: I think Joe Burr looks at this roster and says, I don't I don't have any hope. And it's not like there's three defensive stalwarts that got injured this year, but boy, they'll be back.
Speaker 2: They'll attack rehab in the offseason.
Speaker 3: No, that this is like a defense that needs to be completely overhauled. And we've talked about skinny how hard that is to do in one cycle. And I think he's looking at that and saying, man, I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel here.
Speaker 4: No, that's right.
Speaker 5: And you know, maybe it was effect of getting in the thirties again point wise, like they did so many times last year and losing so many times.
Speaker 6: Like they did last year. Like here we go again, I get.
Speaker 5: Us in the thirties, and again he's culpable for some of it. There's not even there's a great play the pick six, but still do a pick six. So he's culpable for a little of it.
Speaker 6: But he's still got them thirty four points on a snowy day in Buffalo. That should be enough to win a football game. You're allowed to win a game by scoring thirty four points. And you know, obviously he saw the games early this year and Flackero played and got him to forty two against the Bears and loss, and to thirty eight against the Jets and loss. Like he sees it. He's lived it, and I think he's at the point of I can't keep doing this week after week of giving us a chance to win, and we don't have a chance to win because we don't we're not good enough on the other side of football.
Speaker 1: So let's face it, guys, scoring that many points a game under any servant zans with any team, you should be winning the great majority of those games. You can make it. Of course, you can make an excuse. Of course, you're gonna have the anomaly around along the way where hey, they're just better in you that day, and people are throwing the ball all over the place and the holes are opening and blah blah blah, and you lose forty two to thirty eight.
Speaker 2: Of course, but they're losing all of those.
Speaker 6: Games, yep, yep.
Speaker 5: And I think that's the that's the reality of its. Yeah, I think you can live with the outlier when you keep seeing it time and time and time again. I mean last year they scored thirty five and thirty four in two games against Baltimore and lost both of them. I mean that's I might give you one, but there's no way that should happen twice and so and again. I think the the injury rehabs or the injury surgery rehab component of it starts to weigh on you. I know, people have made the comparison to Andrew Luck and I used to go, oh, that's that's kind of a one off. I mean, he's you know, he's a guy that had other interests and and you know he decided he wanted to stop to doing it. But the more you think about it, major knee surgery, major risk, surgery. This surgery was major on the turf toe. And he's attacked rehab heart each time and come back from it each time, and to some degree it maybe come back better each time.
Speaker 6: But how many more times are you willing to do that? When to your point, Rocket, you go, yeah, I'm gonna do this and we still aren't going to be any good. So what am I doing this for?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean I've experienced it, most guys do. It's it's the worst. It's the battling through the injuries. And it's not just the physical toll, it's it's the mental toll. And I gave this example to Lance last night, like what what would you how would you feel if you know, you know, before you woke up in the morning, Lance and you couldn't speak right, but the whole day, you know, you did the the you know, the cough drops and the and the tea and all that, and by six o'clock, boom, you could do it. You battled through it and then you realize, Okay, I got to do this again the next day and then you know, the weeks, the months that can take a mental toll. And I mean, what about you skinny like a lot of the national media is saying, Wow, this is a red flag. He's going to ask for a trade, He's going to, you know, quit playing football, or where.
Speaker 2: Do you stand on that?
Speaker 6: I think those are growth in plan.
Speaker 5: I don't want to speak for him, and I'm not certainly not in his mind. But you don't say those things without having that thought process in your mind. I mean, you don't say them and go, I'm gonna say this, but I'm not gonna I'm not gonna demand anything.
Speaker 6: I'm just gonna say it to say no.
Speaker 5: I think there's there's probably something in the recesses of his mind that says, if this keeps up, I'll I'll have to ask for a trade, or maybe I just won't play at all. Maybe he just tired of doing the whole surgery rehab, you know, thing to come back. I mean, right, I think the worst thing I've ever done to myself in playing ball or whatever, I think I broke a toe and broke a broke a finger. I've never really had a major surgeon. I don't even know what that's like. And I think sometimes we and I don't blame the public for this because you don't think about it. Kind of out of sight, out of mind. But dude, dude, got is.
Speaker 6: Me cut on? Man? Dude got his will cut on? Man, got the turf toe cut on it?
Speaker 5: And we don't think about those like that's a human being who's had to go through this process in three different circumstances.
Speaker 6: And yeah, he's getting eat a bunch and that's part of the job. Well, it is part of the job, Roder, you know it. But at the same time, you have to live through it. I ain't easy.
Speaker 1: Well we have gotten as a society spoiled by science. Let's face a guy, modern medicine. We just take it for granted. Oh well, don't be a baby. Yeah, two, he'll be back. He just hurt his toe, for God's sake. Who cares about your toe?
Speaker 5: I mean, right, I mean in baseball anymore, it's a it's a badge of honor.
Speaker 6: Almost people have Tommy John surgery. They don't have it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, apparently, right.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Skinny, Yeah, and maybe I shouldn't say this, but there's part of me, Skinny that with Joe Burrow and just being there again, like how reflective he is and smart he is, Like if he if he called a press conference tomorrow and said, you know what, I'm just kind of done.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't think i'd be shocked.
Speaker 3: You know where, if I don't know Baker Mayfield did that, you'd be like, what what's he talking about?
Speaker 2: Like he just has a maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: I think he has that personality where if he did walk away, I don't think I'd be totally shocked.
Speaker 5: What about you, Yeah, I don't think it would be either. And it comes to a strange because the Joe Burrod I've come to know covering him has almost been so single minded towards football, of the preparation of the week, of the process of the week, and then going out and playing the game and then doing it all over again that I would have never thought that guy could get to that level. Like he was a guy I always thought that you're gonna have to drag him off the field because he just he enjoys the grind in the process. He's talked about that before, and then to say this, it's almost like he doesn't enjoy the grind in the process anymore for whatever reason.
Speaker 6: There's a part of that completely understands it.
Speaker 1: We're talking to Richard Skinner from Local twelve as we always do on Friday about this time, and switching gears. Just real quick, is there anything to be made of this Schwarber thing? The brid's not getting uh, making that deal because everybody was hopeful. I think that was like hoping against hope, because hey, look they offered the man five million dollars more a year.
Speaker 6: Yeah. But here's the thing I don't believe.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 5: I believe the reporting of Jeff Passing that the Reds were willing to make an offer, but they were never willing to go to the nth mile to do it, which is.
Speaker 6: One hundred and fifty million dollar mark. And so it's always easy at that point to go, well, we were gonna pay m one hundred and thirty mil. And the national media member takes it, runs with it, and you make yourself look good Like we were trying. We could dry up to a point. So here's my thing. If that was true, if that's true that they that they were at one hundred and thirty million dollars, why couldn't you then take that money and do something else in free agency with it? If you're really sincere about this guy, and don't give me the whole well, he was gonna sell tickets. No, he was gonna sell tickets because he hit home runs in won games.
Speaker 5: You weren't gonna suddenly get everybody from Middletown coming down every night to go to a game.
Speaker 6: And because the local hero's back. Don't give me that.
Speaker 5: I mean, you were gonna sign him because he was gonna help you win games. Well, then use one hundred and thirty million. You said you were gonna spend on him, or at least he's your forty. You were going to spend on him, Spend on.
Speaker 6: Some others who can do the same thing, which is help you win.
Speaker 5: And that's why I don't think they were sincere, because it doesn't seem like they want to use that one hundred and thirty mil to do anything else to go help themselves win.
Speaker 2: All right, well that's Ginny.
Speaker 1: We will let you go, buddy, have a great weekend, have a great week you're doing it, friend, h Richard Skinner.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: With that, we take in with traffic and weather, what is going on?
Speaker 10: Has anybody found out if Joe Burrow has had Johnny paychecks, take this job and shove it playing at his locker room lately?
Speaker 1: Well, he kind of is acting that way.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm just saying one trying to get.
Speaker 2: A counting his Pokemon cards.
Speaker 10: Get the confirmation there that that would be a tip. I would say yes. From the Seal Traffic Center at you See Health, you'll find comprehensive cares ol personal makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boondless care for better outcomes. Expect more you seehealth dot com. Well, watching traffic sewing a bit on seventy five through the road works out bound Ronaldagan Highway to Norwood like it's about a ten minute drive now. We're seeing backups to Shephard also on Red Bank in Madison. Just getting word of an accident. Thanks for the tip with this, and police are there seventy five northbound nor Wood. Loudead Paddock is filling in southbound seventy one two seventy five to Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway about an eight minute drive now. And we have sodown's on two seventy five westbound at the Carrol Cropper Bridge with about a five minute delay. Now back to the Petersburg excit. I'm rick Rapnews Radio seven hundred w d WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for toned cloudy twenty eight four tomorrow. Then it really kicks in winter storm warning in effect. The high of thirty two with snow could see as much as six inches of snow scattered around the tri State. We'll wait and see. Keep it here. We'll let you know. Right now we have thirty three. It's seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: This report is sponsored by the Dwyer Company, the only name to know for foundation repair.
Speaker 7: When it comes to waterproofing. Foundation.
Speaker 1: All right, back with Eddie and Rocky here on Friday, round about that time, about this time, we talked to this fellow, right Chia is always our pleasure to talk to our good friend John mateye w CPO nine News.
Speaker 2: John.
Speaker 1: How are we doing, buddy? Hold on, let me get you now we have you. Hey, John, what's going on?
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, I've got Houston.
Speaker 6: We have a problem.
Speaker 2: Right, uh So, how are we doing, buddy? What's going on?
Speaker 4: Leading up to.
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 6: We are doing well. We are getting ready for Christmas. You know, time's running out and the best thing is to enjoy that Christmas shopping. You've got a couple of holiday meals now that you can grab while you're running to the mall. One from McDonald's and one from Burger King.
Speaker 9: Have you seen these?
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 1: I've seen the commercials. I have absolutely no idea.
Speaker 2: What's in is there? Green Hamburg McDonald's.
Speaker 6: McDonald's come out with a Grinch Meal, a Grinch meal for people like me because I pride myself in being a Grinch. And it has a big Mac fries, You get special green salt to put on your fries, and it comes with a pair of Grinch socks, which is really cool. Someone and my dude's my fellow reporter here at Channel nine, Taylor Nimmo, and I bought the meals. You got the Burger King one. I got the McDonald's one, and we compared them. So the McDonald's meal comes with socks, and it's a basic big Mac meal with a Coke fries, Big Mac, so that's cool, and it has the Grinch on the box. The Burger King meal is is something else because the Burger King is a SpongeBob meal that you get and it includes a yellow whopper, a whopper with a yellow bun. And I know you guys used to watch SpongeBob, so it's also like a Krabby Patty.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: My kid and John.
Speaker 1: You might your guest might be of a similar age, were married.
Speaker 6: SpongeBob every day, every time, every episode is every episode I've seen. So you get the Krabby Patty with the yellow bun. It's a whopper with a yellow bun. Then you get mister Crabs treasure chest. And if you know the show, you know mister Crabs. It's like a cardboard box. It looks like a treasure chest. You get some Peter Toks in it. And then you get Patrick. You know that SpongeBob's friend, the big guy, Pink Guy. Patrick's pink uh pink cake. It's like a pink cake that you get with it. So you get all these things and you get a oh, you get a float. You get a pineapple float because you know who listen a pineapple, So you get the pineapple float with it and.
Speaker 9: A huge meal.
Speaker 6: I mean you get all that stuff from Burger King only problem sixteen sixteen what for sponge bump. Yeah, I'm thinking, wow, I could go to cheesecake factory for that.
Speaker 3: I could go to a restaurant for sixteen bucks. Yeah, if I wanted a yellow hamburger, right, I have to pay for that.
Speaker 2: Be about three dollars. You got the yellow.
Speaker 6: It's a big meal, a five feet two people. It's SpongeBob, So you got that for sixteen. The McDonald's, the McDonald's Grinch meal is only eleven. That's a bargain by comparison. And the great news is that it's it's only a dollar more than the regular Big Mac meal, regular Big Mac meal these days, HETI, it's not nineteen eighty six anymore. A regular Big Bac meal is ten bucks and this is only eleven. So it's a dollar more. And you get a really nice pair of stocks with it that has the green surest Indylo who or you know the dog from the Grinch on the that's cool. The only downside now that one is it's selling out. I mean people are saying, I can't find it. I've checked with a couple of you at three McDonald's and they don't. They don't even have the Grinch meal anymore. And wouldn't you know people are selling the Grinch socks bab because why not?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, John, the other thing that Rock and I wanted to talk about was the Dad's Day sales coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, finally, but I thought Father's Day was in June.
Speaker 6: Weday is in June. You are correct. Dad's Day is the Saturday before Christmas. And it's kind of a new thing because it used to be called Super Saturday with a lot of sales at them all. But now it's being called Dad's Day because it's the day the Saturday before Christmas that half the dads in the Cincinnati area go, oh crud, I've got a wife, I've got kids. I forgot and dad has to run out to the mall. And you go out to Kenwood or Rookwood or you know wherever you shop, and you see a lot of a lot of befuddled dudes looking around saying, oh my god, what do I get for my wife? I don't know what to get for And it's four days until Christmas. So the Saturday before Christmas now is an unofficial name of Dad's Day. With all these guys like bumping into you know what I should do. I should like set up a beer kiosk, you know, in the middle of the mall, because that would.
Speaker 3: Probably you know, see when you said Dad's Day, all it is is a is a way for you know, women to get gifts. I thought when you said Dad's Day, it was gonna be like a special on PAPS blue ribbon and skull long cut and you know, like a cheeseburger somewhere.
Speaker 2: You know nothing about this D's Day, like half.
Speaker 9: Of I'm gonna go over.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go over a rookood with a pickup truck. I'm gonna have a pickup truck and a big Tailcate, welcome, dads, here you go, hot dogs and be here. Now go inside and get your wife a present.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, I don't know about the two of you guys, but my wife has some very nice Christmas gifts because I did exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I just like walking around. I have absolutely no idea what she wants. But that looks really nice. How much is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Perfect? I got I'll buy it and boom and.
Speaker 6: Actually that that is the way to do it because you go online, you know, you call it Macy's website. I don't know what to get her on Macy's website, do you That's the thing, right, It's like up, come all these boots. I don't know if she'd like those boots. But you go to the mall and you walk around and you go, oh, look at that bracelet, look at that scarf, you know, look at well in your case, look at that lingerie a Victoria's Secret, and you know, Frederick's of Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Please, it's Frederick's man.
Speaker 2: Stuff. Freddy all the get down the business.
Speaker 3: I will have to look like a vaudeville performer from like a blessed performer from nineteen thirty four.
Speaker 6: That's going to turn on you. And yeah, there you go. So check it out. I've got lots of big sales in the mall at stores the Saturday before Christmas, and actually a lot of bonus gifts too. You buy one, you get something free. So check it out at the mall and stores on Dad's Day and that way you don't waste your money.
Speaker 1: Be looking for you in that in that pickup truck with the tailgate down and you wearing your trench coat and sunglasses with your.
Speaker 6: You got it right.
Speaker 2: Take care see you, buddy. Thanks Jean.
Speaker 1: All Right, with that, we head to the news. But after the news, we're talking to Mike Allen Jr.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mike Allen j You're going to talk about the legal ins and outs of Sharon Moore, who always going to come after him, and I bet it's going to be a long list. He'll break it down for us next.
Speaker 1: The news Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 14: Fellony and misdemeanor charges filed against the former Michigan football coach with the four o'clock report, I'm Jack Crumley breaking down the media.
Speaker 15: Then proceeded to a kitchen drawer, grabbed several butter knives and a pair of kitchen scissors, and began to threaten his own life.
Speaker 2: I'm going to kill myself. I'm going to make you watch. My blood is on your hands. You ruined my life.
Speaker 14: That is the prosecutor in Washingtonaw County, Michigan today, as former Wolverine football coach Sharon Moore was arraigned on multiple charges.
Speaker 2: ABC's Olivia Rubin.
Speaker 16: The first count of felony home invasion in the third degree sing he did break in or enter without permission into that home there while the person was present. That carries up to five years or a two thousand dollars fine. Count two stalking in a domestic relationship that is a misdemeanor there carrying one year and or up to five years probation.
Speaker 14: More allegedly barged into the home of a staffer whom the school says he had an inappropriate relationship with after the school fired him. The judge today setting twenty five thousand dollars bail and ordering More to wear a GPS tether ahead of his next court appearance in the new year. Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 10: From the you See Health traffic center bench you see Health, You'll find comprehensive care. Soel personal to make your best tomorrow possible. Bomb this care for better. I'll come expect more at you see Health dot com. And traffic is sewing seventy five south ron Reagan high Way to Norwood Ladle up to a fifteen minute drive. Now we're looking at so announced Bactor Shepherd breakdown on seventy five southbound no reported at Ronald Reagan Highway. It's off on the right hand side, vehicle out of gas. We do have seventy one sewing northbound Norwood Lateral to Redbank and southbound Fifer to Red Bank. And on seventy five southbound Azer Charles Syl the brand Spence for about a five minute drive and heavy on Northbond seventy five Mitchell to Paddock about a ten minute trip here. I'm Rick s Repneers Radio seven hundred double d weld wds.
Speaker 14: Adding to those issues northbound seventy five report of a crash right around the Norwood Lateral merge.
Speaker 11: Now the latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center Advanced dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you. No Fear Dentist dot Com from the National Weather Service. Cloudy skies tonight, a low of twenty seven degrees for tomorrow. Snow starts in the afternoon. We will be under a winter storm warning into Sunday. One to three inches of accumulation during the day, another one to three Saturday night, temperatures dropping into the single digits setatday night and then below zero windshill along with it for Sunday sunny but a high of fifteen in the windshill feeling like negative six. That's going to be your weather for Bengals football on Sunday versus the Ravens game day forecast built by American home Tech, Your roof's best defense against any weather. Americanhometech dot com radar shows just clouds in the Tri State for now, it's thirty five degrees. News is a service of a door and window company. After a deployment last night, local leaders are keeping up the work ahead of tomorrow's new blast of winter.
Speaker 17: A statement from the City manager of Cincinnati says the Department of Public Services remains on twelve hour shifts and working through the weekend. City manager says DPS crews will continue to treat roads with liquid pre treatment and a light amount of saw. The city snowplow tracker will be up and running, according to the city managers, so that people can track in real time and see where the city trucks had been. Hopefully it works better than last week, when the city says the tracker was hit a record number of requests didn't work properly. Capacity has been boosted, but the city manager's statement says they're also working to move the snowplowd tracker to a cloud based solution and asking for patients if there are outages. Matt Reees News Radio seven hundred doub w WEL double d.
Speaker 14: And tomorrow's the thirty sixth annual rain Dog Parade in Mount Adams.
Speaker 18: Rain Dog is a holiday dog parade in Mount Adams. This is our thirty sixty year and it is a sundraiser for the Lead for Animal Welfare.
Speaker 14: Molly Evans, the organizer, on with Steve Hawkins this morning. Registration for the parade starts at twelve thirty. The parade begins at two o'clock on Wall Street today near the closing bell. The Dow ending down two hundred and forty three points, that's half a percentage point. NASDAK losing about two percent, down five oh two, the s ANDP down about one percent, dropping seventy five seven.
Speaker 7: One hundred WLW Sport.
Speaker 19: College Basketball ZAVI closes out non conference play tonight day host Missouri State. Seven hundred WW coverage begins at six thirty Tomorrow Cincinnai Bearcats at Georgia at one thirty here on seven hundred WLW. The doubleheader on ESPN fifteen thirty Tomorrow one thirty NKU and Beerlman, then Indiana and Kentucky at six Also tomorrow night in O Miami meets Eastern Kentucky and North Florida takes on Dayton Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits, Wine and Tobacco and Party Town thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky. T Hegans out for Sunday against the Ravens. Tamar Stewart is doubtful. EHL Hockey Tonight's Cyclones host Kalamazoo Bill Edison, seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 14: I'm Jack Crumley. Our next update at four thirty and Breaking News Anytime News Radio seven hundred WL doubles.
Speaker 20: Report is sponsored by One Hour Heating and Eric Kendyshning. Winter temps are upon us. It's time to get your heating tune up with One Hour Heating and Eric Ndy shting.
Speaker 1: All right back with Eddie and Rocky here on Friday and rock the hot news.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not even in the sports world. This is a it's a human interest or.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's one of those instances where sports and human interest and gossip and cat fighting all come together. Ed of course, that is the shrun More case out of Michigan. And as we talked earlier in seventy two hours, I mean, I know the guy knew what was coming, but you know he was worth tens of millions of dollars, and he was a free man. And now that is a different story. And join us right now to discuss is the one the only Mike Allen Jr. And Mike, I also know you're a Ohio State fan, so you might might be a.
Speaker 2: Little bit a little bit of reveling in this for you on it awesome.
Speaker 21: I don't really take any any pleasure in it, man, This is this is beyond football, right. I would like you, guys said, I was cooking dinner last night. My wife goes, oh my god, sh run Moore got fired, and I laid my head down to go to bed and pulled my phone out to do some doom scroll and I was like, holy crap, he's in police custody. I mean, yeah, you talk about the only thing I could think of. I mean, I hope I'm not stretching here, but it's just the shock of something like O. J. Simpson for for you guys. I mean I wasn't around for it, but yeah, wild wild, Well.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you, Mike, how we can all we can do a speculate obviously, but how long in your mind did this guy know that the his die was cast as they say, how did it?
Speaker 21: So this is what's Yeah, it's what's wild, and that's going to be part of the the legal process. Here is what did Michigan know and when did they know it? And that's going to affect everything except the criminal charge and you know, a potential divorce or custody fight. The entire civil aspect is going to be a lot of it. It's going to be what did Michigan know and when did they know? And there's a lot. I feel bad for the person from the New York Post who's covering this because they got to have carpal tunnel by now, because it's a different story every two or three minutes. But they've got a source apparently who's speaking on the record but not giving a name, who's a booster that's saying that this has been known for years, that there's been two or three investigations into this, and that basically they knew, but they didn't know no, because both Sharon Moore and this young lady were lying. Essentially, something changed in the last few days because this went from this isn't happening, this isn't happening to okay, now I got to show you guys some stuff because apparently she met with the regents and came with receipts.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I did not Yeah, I did not hear. What was the reason.
Speaker 3: Why do we know why she finally felt okay, look it's time, because I mean, her name is now you know, she is public, public inn but everybody knows her right now, right, Like I had to be a tough choice.
Speaker 21: Yeah, yeah, And I think I think what happened, and this is something again, it's about what internally, what's going on in the building. Quote unquote is the New York Posts report, and there was a lot of assistant coaches staff saying the last week, hey, you know, Sharon is acting really you know, different, not right, so to speak, losing his temper on people and stuff. And then there's some more reporting coming out that he was told on Monday, I'm not sure by the athletic director, which he he's an entirely possibly in a different you know, uh set of circumstances, but that that he had said to Sharon Moore, hey, you know, limit your contact with this person, and Sharon Moore's response was to fire her, which I don't know what the reporting is on that because I don't know how accurate that is, and that.
Speaker 9: That may have been what's set it off.
Speaker 21: But yeah, there's a lot, there's a lot of facts flying around here that sort of contradict. You have, you know, and it's the New York Post. But then you have the prosecutor also saying that this is something that's been going on for months.
Speaker 9: And then I'm seeing.
Speaker 21: Reporting that well, she, you know, quote unquote broke up with.
Speaker 9: Him on Monday.
Speaker 21: So something has happened I think sometime between the last game, the Ohio State game, and the last few days.
Speaker 9: Because you have all these people saying, hey, he's not acting right.
Speaker 21: You know, you have her saying this, it wasn't happening, This wasn't happening, and then out of nowhere Monday. I'm not sure if this was after she was allegedly fired by him, she went, you know what, I'm gonna go ahead a talk with the border regents. But yeah, it's she maybe if you know, she wants to go after he or Michigan. If she's lied in multiple investigations, a her credibility is totally shot at that point in court, you know, it's not she's lying about something ridiculous. She's lying about, you know, essentially the entire purpose of the lawsuit, put time, lawsuit, whatever, but her credibility is shot at this point, you know. So, yeah, it's it's a lot going on, and I think, you know, it's something that I haven't really considered, and it kind of just popped into my head as this is the first time we've seen something like this at a major university in the age of NIL. And I think it's very curious the timing of this rock. I know, you know, I don't know if it was signing day was yesterday or the day before, but you could potentially have recruits and even players saying, hey, I lost out on all this NIL money. And that's another thing if Michigan knew. And so that's my point. That's my point is that if Michigan knew, there's so many different on the civil end, there's so many different aspects, and then there's also especially with employment.
Speaker 9: Stuff that should have known.
Speaker 21: If this is something where the athletic director is saying, hey, I don't have proof, but he's really just turning a blind eye. Yeah, this is there's a lot going on here, and a lot of it's going to come down to who knew what and when you know?
Speaker 3: So what from a legal standpoint, Mike, what is the I guess how does it work itself out? Because I believe that Michigan, you know, from everything I've read, that they knew that this was happening, right, and they went ahead with signing day anyway. But I guess what is their case? How much are they required by law to say, hey, here we are or you know, naturally there's sometimes things and maybe it's a good old a good old day thing, but like, hey, we're just gonna handle this internally and everything's fine.
Speaker 2: What's the legal Uh?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 2: I guess Matt path with that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and rock before we even get there.
Speaker 21: I think something to think about too, is was Sharon Moore actually going to be fired for this? Or was it him getting a red? Because that's the thing is the reporting is so all over the place. I mean again, the prosecutor said, hey, he was fired and then went and did this. But it's as far as is how this would work. If I'm if I'm Michigan at attorneys, I'm saying, look, we investigated this multiple times. We can't you know, what are we going to do hook them up to some you know, waterboarding or something to get them to talk. I mean, if they're saying, we can't do that, you know, nothing's happening, we can't do anything about it. But again, if there's yeah, you know, screenshots, if there's video, I mean, who knows what's there and what's not.
Speaker 9: You know, I don't know. I mean, and then there's reporting that he gave her like a fifty percent raise over the last year.
Speaker 21: I mean, it's it's it's very hard for me to believe, like you said, Rock, that people didn't know that. But yeah, I mean, if I'm Michigan, I'm saying, hey, we investigated this, there's there's what do you want us to do about it?
Speaker 9: You know? I mean, we can't force them to talk.
Speaker 21: But this is going to play out if there's lawsuits, I mean there may be, If there may be settlements, and we don't know, Rock, you know this. I mean the only way that there could not be a settlement and we find out what happens is if the NCAA does something and opens up their own investigation and makes the findings public. So there's just man, there is this my head spinning trying to figure out where all this is going. But yeah, I can just say generally a lot of it is what did Michigan know?
Speaker 1: You know, we're talking to Mike Allen Junior and now again we're trying to sort out all the facts here. Mike, Now, has it been verified that this woman did indeed get an abortion through all this? Because that was I don't know if that was ever reported, but it was definitely rumored.
Speaker 9: What so this is guess just what's wild about this?
Speaker 21: And it's just something I just was just goofing off on Twitter and I'm just searching looking for stuff, and there's some guy who claimed to be a former Michigan player, like out in California that I looked at his Twitter and I'm like, man, this guy seems a little bit off.
Speaker 9: But on December third.
Speaker 21: He puts out a tweet and the tweet is like eighty percent stuff where you're like, I don't even know what the hell this guy's talking about. And then there's and he's ranting about Michigan and then there's a sentence in there saying, also, Sharon Moore is having a relationship with one of his you know, assistants.
Speaker 9: He also paid for an abortion.
Speaker 21: Blah blah blah, and it's like, wait a minute, this is December third. How is this nutgot nutbag that used to play for Michigan all the way out in California, who's got like three hundred followers putting.
Speaker 9: This out there? It was it's just really really bizarre.
Speaker 21: So I don't know if that's I don't think anybody's reported that. But there's you know how college football message boards are and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 9: I think, yeah, you know, Reddit and stuff like that. So so I don't know that the thing.
Speaker 3: Is Yeah, yeah, it's that we're living in it, and it's it's been a while, but we're living in the It's not important to be right. It's important to be first, and you know, things get retweeted tens of thousands of times and then people go to a site that maybe isn't that trustworthy and they trust it.
Speaker 2: It's it's hard and hard to tell what the truth is.
Speaker 3: But you got to have reliable sources, but those aren't fast enough for people. It takes time to like verify and check and double check. We want the information right now, yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we want it right now.
Speaker 21: The one thing I can say is I think it's safe to say now that you know a prosecutor, what the prosecutor said during the arraignment at this point, you know, those are the only things I.
Speaker 9: Would take is fact.
Speaker 21: And you know, she said that he had been stalking her for for months, which again doesn't really coincide with this all blew up on Monday.
Speaker 9: You know, it's it's a lot.
Speaker 21: And I mean he's looking on the felony, he's looking at five years in jail.
Speaker 9: So so yeah, I mean it's.
Speaker 21: I shudder to think about what may come out and discovery, you know what I mean, on the criminal end and on the civil end, the civil end, the discovery there, that's what's going to be really damaging. And you know, it's it's hard not to think that, you know, there's there's some strength and numbers, so to speak, for the NCAA to go to Michigan and go like, all right, guys, the last couple of years have been pretty insane here. We should probably have a look, especially you know with the stuff with Connor stallions and the videotaping and all that kind of crap. So so yeah, I would not want to be uh in the ad at Michigan I would not want to be Sharon Moore right now, obviously.
Speaker 3: You know, Mike, that's a great point, is they could, you know, say this is such a mess and what do we know?
Speaker 2: What didn't we know?
Speaker 3: Let's go dive back into the signs seiling thing. I don't know the statue of limitations on that, but that's a good point. They could go dig that stuff back up.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Yeah, and that's the thing.
Speaker 21: It's like, you know this, I'm not saying this is an s MU situation, but I mean, at what point do you say, especially the athletic director, I am floored that he still has.
Speaker 9: A job today. I mean, again, the sign stealing stuff, it's the books closed on it.
Speaker 21: But I mean, for God's sake, this is this is bad, you know what I mean, And it's it's gonna it's like you said, Rocket's very tough for me to believe that he didn't know about this, and if he did, I mean that, m you're getting into the whole lack of institutional control thing where where there's just nobody running the show, you know, so that that's that's going to be tough. But yeah, the nil thing I think throws a wrinkle into this that no one really saw common.
Speaker 1: All right with that, Mike, we will let you go, buddy. It's going to be real curious, like you just said, how it's all going to play out? Man, Thanks so much.
Speaker 9: Absolutely all right, y'all take it easy, guys.
Speaker 1: Our good friend Mike, Mike Allen, Junior attorney at law. And it is I go back to I've thought about this before and a lot of different cases where Okay, I was just talking to this guy the other day and now he's dead or something like that. You know, a guy passed away in his sleep, but three days ago, this guy was a multi millionaire living with his wife and three kids. And I'm guessing that everybody at that stage of the game was clueless. Obviously he wasn't. But yeah, exactly, I'm sure there were some people.
Speaker 3: Sounds like there were some people that knew, but I don't think he or or he certainly realized just.
Speaker 2: How that they had littered out of it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, with that, we check into traffic and weather. What is going on?
Speaker 9: Mark your calendar.
Speaker 10: January twenty second is the next court date, so it should be fun very nice from you See Health Traffic Center at you See Health you'll find comprehensive care so personal makes your best to Moorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more. You seehealth dot Com seventy one southbound off ramp to eastbound Ronald Reagan Cross County high breakdown with the cruise on the scene getting that taken care of. They've cleared the problem on seventy five southbound after Ronald Reagan Highway and that vehicle was out of gas, but that has been taken care of.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 10: We do have coal rain slowing at Rayburne with an accident and a crash just reported in Kentucky on seventy five northbound. It's between two seventy five and Buttermilk Pike. Once for the delays here, we're looking at heavier pockets on seventy five southbound with the work Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood lateral about a ten minute drive and so down from Shepherd at southbound seventy five EZRA chials the Brent Spence is a couple of minute delay. My Rick Schreipp here's rady up seven hundred W WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for to nighted cloudy twenty eight four tomorrow, then it really kicks in winter storm warning in effect. The high of thirty two with snow could see as much as six inches of snow scattered around the tri State. We'll wait and see, keep it here.
Speaker 2: We'll let you know.
Speaker 1: Right now we have thirty three at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: It's the Big twelve versus the sec When the basketball bear Cats battle the Bulldogs. U see looks to bring the heat and grill Georgia. Can the Cats serve up the dogs on a platter? Catch the call live tomorrow at one thirty pm on seven hundred WLW or stream seven hundred WLW on the iHeartRadio app. This report is sponsored by Jake Swiney Automotive, serving the Tri State for over.
Speaker 7: One hundred years.
Speaker 22: It's red tag time at Jake Swinnys Chevalt vocalist who was a part of a big movie that went absolutely bonkers, started a twenty week run at number one on the US album chart, and this was the song.
Speaker 15: She stay high, lea be in your way, So I.
Speaker 2: Don't get much better than that head Well, the woman could sing I'll think of you.
Speaker 3: She's a little nutty at the end, but she could sing a little. She was teeth followed out crazy Yeah. This album sold forty four million copies. Like one of the best selling soundtracks of all time, Bodyguard and there's a love you know who this song Willie Nelson Dolly Parton really okay? I know it's the ballpark there, yeah.
Speaker 1: And uh, there's a you don't have to look it up. I don't even quote the story, but essentially they contacted Dolly by using this song. She was like, what, okay, whatever, Well, obviously she made a butt ton of money off of it.
Speaker 2: Yes, but but Dolly did it first, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she did it, I think, But it was one of those she had been like, okay to kind of toss that one off. It's no Joe Lean, but yeah you can have yeah whatever, and uh she she made enough money for one hundred people to live on one song.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I love Dolly Parton, but she can't sing like this. Oh no, he can.
Speaker 3: Who's top female vocalists of all of all time? Go or give me three he got? I'll go her? Uh, Janis Joplin and just don't mind and Gwen Stefani No.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, there we go you.
Speaker 1: Would like that one? Uh oh, she would? I ever think about that one for a minute. But yeah, those those two come to mind.
Speaker 2: Uh. Tina Turner was pretty damn good.
Speaker 3: Tan Turner was good. Aretha Franklin Franklin, Okay, I'll go with Theretha. Yeah, that's hard to keep her off the list. Yeah, I'm gonna go with Jannis. I want to go with Mariah just because she's not as likable.
Speaker 1: She's crazy as nine ticks, but yeah, she's she can sing.
Speaker 2: I think one of the current ones has got to be Adell. I think she's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but see what is it about women who can sing rock? They all seem to be a little nutty? Because Adele kind of went sideways? Right, Am I wrong?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 2: She kind of went yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's uh, I think it's certainly Mariah Carey's instance. It's like from birth, she has just got this incredible gift that everyone fond over, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And she could do whatever she wanted. And I'm sure that has something to do where you're just you don't get a good sense of dose of reality. You're not growing up like a normal kid. And I bet that affects it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's uh, it's who you hang out with. As we Uh, I'll recall wohitdn'ety hooked up with. It was Bobby Brown, right, yes, and uh that's when her life went. She went from being kind of a nice you know, comes from a Christian basically they were a gospel group and she graduated into pop music. But she hooks up with this guy and the next thing you know, she's a smoking crack in the bathtub and life will not treat you well after that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's hard to come back from that.
Speaker 9: There.
Speaker 3: You make a great point, but yeah, it's certainly who you hang out with. But growing up a different way. I mean, if you're gonna have that a gift like that and you're gonna foster it, you need somebody, some structure like a dad and mom, namely to like say, hey.
Speaker 2: Here's this, here's what you're doing here.
Speaker 3: You're not going to the you know, Studio fifty four, Okay, You're gonna stay here and you're gonna do your own work like a normal kid. And I'm sure it's tough, but I think that's what it takes. So that's a topic for another day. But I just saw this joke the other day and I thought of you because of your drumming past, and just everybody has an opinion because you and I have talked about best rock drummers and guitarists and all that crap along the way. And the joke was how many drummers does it take to change a light bulb? Six one to do it and the other five to talk about how much better Neil Perk could have done it.
Speaker 9: I like that.
Speaker 3: That's say what Rush fans? Yeah, yeah, if you say anybody other than Neil, you're gonna hear about it. Yeah, he deserves it well. But the one that I know, you know, what do you say to a drummer on your front porch?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Here's your tip for the pizza, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I have not I'm going to use that though. Great uh so rock.
Speaker 1: In other news, this happened last month that the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport not say the whole name of the airport, just because I love the fact that it's called the Louis Armstrong International Airport. Corey Johnson, thirty five, of Louisiana, tried to exit the short term parking lot, but wasn't.
Speaker 2: Able to pay the fee.
Speaker 1: Is reported that Johnson at first refused to move his jeep out of the exit lane, but later agreed to pull aside while he was working out his payment. Round about ten o'clock, while Johnson was still stuck in the parking lot, the communications center there received a threatening phone call, suggesting a bomb would be detonated if the operator did not page Hassan. The center received another call around ten thirty five, sing he wanted Hassan to bring the bomb to Level three. Deputies pinged the number of the calls and traced it back to Johnson by eleven o'clock. This took less than an hour for him to trace his phone call down to this guy who was texting in a bomb threat so he could get out of paying his parking fee.
Speaker 2: And that's how quickly they can find your information.
Speaker 1: Man, correct, Well, it's about you could. There has to be a better way than doing a bomb threat like that, because now you're talking about serious felonies. He could face up to ten years in prison for not being able to pay whatever it was twenty five bucks to park in that lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, people have a sense of humor about some things, but yelling bomb at an airport is not one of them.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't lean on the calling somebody hassade when you're threatening Middle East terrorism at an international airport, you might be in a little bit of hurt. Oh no, that's my hot take.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gotta be a better way, got to be a better way.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean just the speed in which they they whoever sees that, and then boom and then they you know, they trace it to where your phone is and get him.
Speaker 1: That's pretty wild. What's the worst excuse you've ever come up with? The get try to get and get out of.
Speaker 2: Some Oh man, I have to think about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I've never I've always found that any time I've gotten pulled over by a cop, the best situation is because I always love the you know why pulling you over? Of course, because I was going ninety miles an hour. That's why. I that's my hot take. And they're like, yeah, yeah, I'm here, you go, here's my life, tenters, my own blah blah blah, and.
Speaker 2: I don't smart off, just own it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I always I think that's the best strategy too, because it's yeah, it's just no reason to escalate a situation. You know, you were speeding, right, they got you. We all do it, but sometimes they get you. So just take your slap on the wrist and hopefully it only happens like you once every five years or something, and move.
Speaker 2: All of life.
Speaker 1: Well always, I love the Well, my my wife, I've been been Shoot, we were even dating yet, but she was I don't know, I don't think she cried, but she gave the old ooh, I.
Speaker 2: Just you know, I'm kind of lost. Officer blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: And the guy like, yeah, okay, let me see your stuff here, blah blah.
Speaker 3: Well the cop ended up asking her out. Really, is this why you guys were going out?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, this before we even met. She told me, So you might have had to take one on the team. You might for the team. You might have had to just let her actually go out with this guy or at least.
Speaker 1: An Come to think about, this was like two years ago, rock I have.
Speaker 2: Man, wait a minute, you guys are married longer than that. I wonder where she went that we can Yeah, all right, well let's see you went to a rubat we just say where she went?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: I say she was with me? Did I with that? We check in with traffic and weather while we start this out.
Speaker 10: Well from the UC Health Traffic Center. At you see Health, you'll find contprehensive care so personal will make sure best and moral possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more. You see Health dot com. Seventy four westbound and two seventy five accident has a cruise on the scene getting it taken care of the exit ramp in this block because of breakdown on seventy one southbound the off Rampty eastbound Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway and police are there now. Also we have reports of an accident in two seventy five southbound after US fifty in Indiana just coming in and DeLay's behind. That's a plan on slowdowns. And also on seventy one we're filling in northbound Ridge to Stewart and southbound Fiber to Red Bank and then seventy five southbound from Western Avenue to the Brent Spences by a five minute trip. My bricks Rumpneers Radio seven hundred wd WELWS.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for to night cloudy twenty eight four tomorrow. Then it really kicks in winter storm warning in effect. The high of thirty two with snow could see as much as six inches of snow scattered around the tri State. We'll wait and see. Keep it here.
Speaker 2: We'll let you know.
Speaker 1: Right now we have thirty three at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: Is it true Tom Brenneman was the bass player in a punk band called mash Potato.
Speaker 7: That is mostly not true.
Speaker 13: Is it true that Tom Brenneman can speak to dolphins but chooses not to because of their attitude? It sounds possible, but not true. Is it true that listening to Tom Brenneman makes your morning better? That one is true.
Speaker 14: Please join me in the morning for the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, at a truckload more to get your day started.
Speaker 13: Right, Tom Brenneman, Monday morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming.
Speaker 22: Get to Miami Valley Gaming on December twenty seventh for a chance to win a board thirty five must.
Speaker 5: Be twenty one Ohio problem gambling Hope, Why here.
Speaker 1: On Friday getting ready for the frozen tra tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Apparently we'll see. Yes, that's what they're saying.
Speaker 3: So everybody to be safe out there, stay off the roads if you can, and all the folks out there plowing the streets, please be safe.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 2: So, Eddie, you had the story, I.
Speaker 3: Believe, earlier in the week, and I had it when you were gone to But it was in North Carolina where that raccoon was found passed out by the toilet inside the store and broken bottles everywhere.
Speaker 2: Right so, and this is how crazy things are.
Speaker 3: So a woman named Samantha Martin was the animal control officer who first discovered the raccoon in question, right, Uh. And she sat down on some you know, small podcast kind of thing, and she revealed that there's evidence to suggest that the same raccoon has done this like two times.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: And the one time fell through the ceiling before ending up on the stock room floor where the damage occurred, noting the floor was stopping wet.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: She added she believes it was the same raccoon that was responsible for at least two other break ins in the shopping center where the liquor store is located. Quote, this is not the first time he's been in one of the buildings. Supposedly, this is like the third break in he's had. He was in the karate studio. I think he got into the DMV and ate some of their snacks, and then he breaks into the liquor store.
Speaker 2: So this guy, you know, he's pretty resourceful.
Speaker 1: I guess well, I mean, honest to god, one of the pictures of twenty twenty five is going to be that reccloon face down on the bathroom floor, fast out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, spread eagle, full spread, just passed, legs.
Speaker 1: Just spread out around him, just like what like your drunk girlfriend in college or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looked exactly like how a human would pass out if they had way, way, way too much by the toilet, arms and legs everywhere.
Speaker 2: Face down, the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Uh, Which is going to lead us to our topic coming up, Christmas horror stories, you know, be it Christmas specifically a Christmas party or whatever, this, that and the other. For instance, we were talking to a guy today in our building and it was there was a Christmas party and he said something about one fellow that was there, and he goes, oh, yeah, he had a lot of fun and Uh. They were like, oh really, I had a couple of you know, a couple of nogs too. He goes, oh yeah, oh, I don't know what happened, but you know, you hear all those stories about your girlfriend goes through with your wife goes with you, or your husband goes with you, gets all liquored up and makes a fool out of him herself.
Speaker 2: It happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's like Christmas, for whatever reason, seems to be a great time to Hey, want you to meet my boyfriend or my girlfriend for the first time. I don't know, maybe maybe you should hold off to after the first the year and just kind of get through the holidays and the spiked egg nog and all that.
Speaker 1: Well, at least leave the party scene out of it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't mean it doesn't have to be a Christmas party story.
Speaker 1: Anything that just kind of wicked or little sideways happened to you on Christmas that you did not expect. We're going to take your calls coming up five three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, eight hundred, the big one, and we'll get to the phones right after the news Now News Radio seven one hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: News, traffic and weather News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 14: He'll be back in court next month with the five o'clock report. I'm Jack Crumley breaking now you.
Speaker 2: May not go to that location for any reason whatsoever. We understood on the no contact and no go to sir Sure.
Speaker 14: The judge at former Michigan football coach Sharon Moore's arraignment today, as he is charged with three crimes, including a felony, bond said at twenty five thousand dollars. Here's ABC's legal analyst, Brian buck Meyer.
Speaker 2: This is a former Michigan coach, and so he does have the means.
Speaker 23: That's why you're hearing a lot of them talk about when you do get out, you will have a monitor, a tether. When you do get out, you have to abstain some certain items like alcohol and substance abuse. And if he does violate those, he can actually be brought back into jail, potentially have a higher amounts of bond or bail, or not be released at all.
Speaker 14: The prosecution says that more arged into a staffer's home around the time that staffer was cooperating with Michigan Football's investigation into coach More all over and alleged relationship the two had. The school says it was in violation of the university zero tolerance policy and fired More this week. Now the latest traffic and weather together from the UC Health Traffic Center. At UC Health, you'll find comprehensive care so personal and makes your best tomorrow possible.
Speaker 10: Bound this care for better outcomes. Expect more at UCHealth dot com. Seventy four westbound at two seventy five accidents report crash on the ramp with seventy one southbound. The off ramp to Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway affected now and the accident taking up the left plane at two seventy five east bound after US fifty in Indiana and point on de Ladies. Here seventy one is sowing at northbound bridge to Stewart southbound Pipruterbred Bank and on seventy five northbound Norwood Lauderal to Paddic traff Stop and go southbound is seventy five so Western Avenue to the Brent Spence Bridge and between Ronald reg and Highway nor Wood laterals. We have the construction work and delays there to Cooper. I'm rich S Rempnews Radio seven hundred WYLWD.
Speaker 11: Now the latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 14: The National Weather Service says, just look for clouds tonight to a low of twenty seven degrees. Then for tomorrow, snow starts in the afternoon. Will be under a winter storm warning in the afternoon into Sunday. One to three inches of accumulating snow during the day Saturday, another one to three Saturday night, temperatures dropping into the single digits with a below zero windshill. On Sunday, the winter storm warning will expire. It's looking sunny, but a high only in the teens and the windshill feeling like negative six. That game day forecast when the Bengals host the Ravens on Sunday. Built by American Home Tach Your roof's best defense against any weather. Americanhome Tech dot Com Radart right now showing clouds in the tri State. It's thirty four degrees. News is a service of Postman Law. We got lucky today, but the next blast of winter is not looking as promising. Roughly six inches of snow could fall during the day Saturday into Sunday morning, and that'll be coupled with bitter cold.
Speaker 24: We are still doing our current process of the icing and pre saudy and preparations for the upcoming.
Speaker 14: Store Cincinnati Department of Public Services Director Mark Riley says the city's online snowplowtracker has been getting more capacity to handle more users. It's currently listing streets that are being pre treated this evening. The city will have its winter weather daytime shelter activated at Saint Anthony's Center on Republic Street on Sunday.
Speaker 2: And the aftermath of.
Speaker 14: Republicans in the Indiana State Senate denying President Trump's called to redistrict the state in more favor of their majority party.
Speaker 7: This is a big deal.
Speaker 25: It's a major blow to the president because what you saw there was significant pushback in defiance to something the President himself had demanded, something that would have benefited Republicans ahead of the midterms. And also notable, it's coming from a deep red state.
Speaker 14: That is ABC's Selina Wang on Wall Street today, the diw ending down two hundred and forty six points. That's half a percent. NASDAK down nearly two percent, dropping four ninety and the S and P off by seventy four that's one percent.
Speaker 7: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 19: College Basketball XAVI closes out non conference play Tonight. Theay host Missouri State. Seven hundred WW Coverage begins at six thirty Tomorrow, Cincinnati Bearcats at Georgia at one thirty here on seven hundred WLW. The doubleheader on ESPN fifteen thirty Tomorrow one thirty NKU and Bearlman then Indiana and Kentucky at six also Tomorrow and night in O Miami meets Eastern Kentucky and North Florida takes on Dayton Bengals. Update brought to you by Good Spirits, Wine of Tobacco and Party Town thirty locations in Northern Kentucky. T Heigans out for Sunday against the Ravens. Shamar Stewart is doubtful. Hockey Tonight's Cyclones host Kalamazoo filled Edison seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 14: I'm Jack Crumley. Our next update at five thirty Breaking News Anytime News Radio seven hundred wl double this report.
Speaker 7: It's sponsored by Land of Illusion, Christmas Glow.
Speaker 3: Experience, the Midwest's largest Christmas village at Land of Illusion, over three million drive through lights, Meet Santa heading Zoowonte show.
Speaker 1: Next week we will be doing your favorite and non favorite Christmas songs because I'm telling you right now, son, if I hear any version of the Twelve Days of Christmas one more time, my head is going to roll off my neck.
Speaker 3: There has been a few added over the years, yes, yes, but now we're talking yeah, yeah, no, you go ahead, But now I was gonna say that the Little German Boys, the one that, no matter what iteration you do, I'm just not into it.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 2: Mike Pantera did a version of I might check that out.
Speaker 1: But other than that, sorry dominant the Christmas Donkey home Run, but we'll talk about that next week. Right now, we're talking about your Christmas stories, and we're talking about bad ones. But hey, if you got a good one, a touching one, well you know we'll take that too. But we concentrate on the bat on this show. Uh five, one, three, seven, four, nine, eight hundred, the big one. And let's get right to your calls. And hey, John there in Middletown, what's going on? Buddy, what do you got?
Speaker 26: Well, this will kind of indicate how old I am. But we were throwing a big party with a group of our friends and I had a brand new seventy two shearvallet. And my wife laid the law. My first wife laid the law down to me. She said, don't you guys dare get.
Speaker 12: A decker card. I'm to start playing poker later that night.
Speaker 26: So we didn't.
Speaker 12: And she walked over and she'd been drinking and there was about six over. She goes, I told you guys that.
Speaker 26: You couldn't be playing poker, and we all looked around.
Speaker 12: Like, we don't have any poker, we don't have any cars.
Speaker 26: So she stomped out of the building, got in the car. She drove around for thirty minutes, and then she came back and she bitched me out. Excuse my friends. I didn't like to say that, but she said, there's something wrong with that car.
Speaker 12: I can't see out of the rear view mirror.
Speaker 26: I said. I went out and I said, well, if you put the trunk down, you might be able to see.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Wow, sounds like you guys might have been doomed from the start there. John what was me?
Speaker 12: I didn't catch that.
Speaker 2: Oh you guys might have been doomed from the start. It sounds alike in that one.
Speaker 26: Well, we made twenty three years and she's the mother of my babies. I'm seventy eight years old and a little covey my Vfwboddy say, don't you worry about din alone?
Speaker 12: I said, I've been proud just you for thirty years.
Speaker 26: That's how she's a good woman.
Speaker 12: I still help her out and do all I can for you out a little bit.
Speaker 1: Thank you, buddy, and let's get to Jim and Amelia. Hey, Jim, what's going on?
Speaker 9: Bud? Hey?
Speaker 27: Thanks guys, can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: You yes?
Speaker 26: Snoopy and the.
Speaker 27: Red Barren Christmas Song. I had a brother in law and I told him that that Christmas song was sort of true because the the Allies and the Germans on the Christmas uh ceasefire and World War One, they went, you know, between No Man's Landing and then did Christmas gifts. And he didn't believe me, like I was making it up. At The Snoopy and the Red Barry Christmas song is basically true because in the War One they did have a ceasefire, and the Germans and the Christians, they both came together on Christmas evens scared snacks and he thought I was making it up, and I couldn't talk to him no more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think because I I thought I had heard that, I never knew how accurate it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if there was a.
Speaker 3: Knew things like that happened in the in the Civil War, where it would just be like, you know what, we've been slugging each other here for you know, two weeks. Let's you know, you go down by the creek. I'll give you some water, and you give us some of this and we'll shoot each other tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Well, if I, if I were in wartime, I would demand that I'd be sent home. If I thought I saw a dog who flew an airplane drinking champagne with a German guy, I'm sorry, that's just my takee uh. Let's let's talk to Jim in Westchester. Hey, Jim, what's going on? Bud Christmas story?
Speaker 6: Yeay, guys, how you doing?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 24: First, Rocky, I want to tell you I love it when you get out at three o'clock and you banter her back and forth with Willie, it's pretty good.
Speaker 9: Yes, you do.
Speaker 24: So company Christmas party many years ago when we lived in Florida. So yeah, I got way, way, way too drunk. I don't think I got that drunk in college. But anyways, got home. So the next morning you wake up when we're in Florida and the slotting glass doors of the bedroom were wide open. It's freezing cold, and their wife's gone. I come staggering out, like, what the hell's going on? She goes, do you know what happened last night? I don't have a clue. She was going check the closet out. I opened the closet doors and I thought I was in the bathroom, and I threw up on our shoes in the closet.
Speaker 4: So I see shoes away.
Speaker 24: I had to go clean that mess up, and to this day she brings it up once in a while, she's never forgotten what I did.
Speaker 1: Well, Jim, I thought it was going to be well, that's that's bad. But I have also heard of people getting real drunk and thinking that a closet or a drawer was a bathroom and didn't throw up if you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 24: I did that, and to this day, she hasn't forgotten it, but think God has not brought.
Speaker 9: Up every Christmas.
Speaker 6: But it was a company Christmas party.
Speaker 2: Thanks buddy that Yeah, no, I've told you. I had that buddy that used to be the guy who if he got really drunk, he would pee in random places and it was fun to find out the next day.
Speaker 1: Well, I definitely have heard of I don't know that's that sounds from our experiences. I've never done it, but I've known people. I've talked to people who have done it, and uh yeah, I mean I like, okay, I've been I've been a little drunk before. I don't ever did ever mistake uh some kind of place. It's not a bathroom for a bathroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, never having me either. Five we're still time though, there's still time.
Speaker 1: Life goals five win, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one. We're just talking about Christmas stories. What are you got trying to get in the Christmas spirits? As it's starting to look a lot like Christmas apparently tomorrow. Hey Jeff, what do you got there in Chivio?
Speaker 28: Well, I'm fifty seven years old. I got my first big boy bike when I was eight years old. It was a swin stingray hit all the bells and whistles on it. I wrote it for a wopping twenty twenty minutes. On Christmas Day, went to my grandma and Grandpa's, come back and ready to ride it. Somebody stole it.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 9: Oh I was crushed, dude, I was crushed.
Speaker 2: I can't even We're just like, you parked it on the front yard or something.
Speaker 9: And then somebody's yeah, I put it in a we had, like at a little coal seller. So I just stuck it down there.
Speaker 28: That's where my parents told me to put it because they knew I.
Speaker 12: Was going to ride.
Speaker 28: And when I got back from grandma and Grandpa's and lo and behold, came home after Great Christmas and Grandma's getting ready to ride my bike, opened the door.
Speaker 2: It was gone, Dad, Damn, that stinks. Thanks? Who does that on Christmas Day?
Speaker 9: Bro?
Speaker 2: I said, come on, yeah, there's some karma coming. I'm a huge believer in karma.
Speaker 8: You know that.
Speaker 3: If you've listened to me on this show and I feel like there's something coming your way. You steal somebody's property on Christmas.
Speaker 1: Five win three, seven four nine, seven thousand eight hundred, the big one and how about you, big boy. Anything ever happened to one of your fancy schmancy NFL Christmas parties where you guys would all get together and you know, yeah, the one.
Speaker 3: I've told the story before. But so this is my rookie year and you know, so long story short. You know, Notre Dame was having a good year. USC was having a good year. This is two thousand and two, and so Jeff Fisher, a head coach, went to USC and he's you know, comes up to me and he said, hey, you want to wager on the game.
Speaker 2: I was like absolutely. He goes, all right, case of your favorite beverage. That sound good. I was like, sweet, sure, I'll give them a case of beer. So I go back in the in the meeting like later on that day or like that evening, and I told my position coach that I was I'd made this wager with Jeff and I was gonna be you know who won the game and case of your favorite beverage.
Speaker 3: He goes, dude, you screwed up. He goes, Jeff is a wine consort, that's all he drinks. So a case of his favorite beverage is going to be like a massive chunk of change. And I was like, oh no, so of course USC loses and you know it's that damn like God, God, here we go, Like what's it going to cost me? And he said, look, I'm make you a deal, said, our company Christmas party is coming up whatever you know, next Tuesday. If you be Santa Claus, I will forgive your debt. At the time, I'm like, you know, I'm a rookie. I didn't have, you know, thousands and thousands of dollars spent on wine. I was like, boom done. So I was I got to say I was Santa Claus at the Titans Christmas party in two thousand and two.
Speaker 1: Then that's see, that's it. Then I'm sure the children loved you, you jolly little lesld and the ladies did too, because I mean selling the lamp and five three, seven, nine, seven thousand and eight under the big one in Rock. This was at an EBN Christmas party, and I was I was kind of set up where I was where it was on our boss's house and he had this giant mansiony thing and I'm in the bathroom doing my business and the door opens and one of the servers. I mean, he had caterers and all that stuff, and there were ladies walking around with drinks and all that stuff. And one of the waitresses walks in on me. It's like, hey, what's going on? And I'm just standing and you know, there's like a Luckily there was a little partition wall you you were standing behind when you didn't when you're peeing one And I said, well, I'm just uh, I'll be done in a second here, do you mind? And she just started laughing and she's and she's standing. Well, it just so happened. My girlfriend at the time had seen this happen, and all of a sudden, the door kicks open and she's standing there. I was like, let me explain. I had nothing to explain. Well, I was set up by one of the guys who was there, who thought it was funny to pay that the lady whatever twenty bucks, to just say just go in there and screw with fingers. It'll be funny. It was funny for a second, and then it was well, it's a longer story, but let's get to Todd in Loveland. Hey, Todd, what's going on, buddy?
Speaker 6: I gotta get Christmas one for you that it's off the hook.
Speaker 8: So it's my youngest, my oldest goddaughter at the time.
Speaker 6: When she's eighteen, because now she's over thirty two.
Speaker 8: But her boyfriend got arrested fell in pot down at UC the day before. At Christmas party, they show up. Of course, the family aren't too happy with him being here, mom, dad, everything else. And to put icing on the cake, he asked her to marry her right in front of everybody. Oh wow, yes, that's cool without that permission.
Speaker 6: So that didn't even go even good at all.
Speaker 1: And uh and thanks Todd. Yeah that's a family drama Christmas Mann.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just want to avoid it, Like I said, wait, wait too, halfter the first of the year. Now, I did propose to Kelly on Christmas Eve one year and I did not ask her mom or stepdad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was your decision. Nothing. Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Never all right, I worked out well, deb and I've been living together for like six months. I thought everything pretty much everybody knows what the endgame is here. Let's talkt to Warren in Centerville, right quick, Hey, Warren.
Speaker 28: What do you have?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: This was just a neat Christmas gift that I got one year Huffy made a radio bike and basically in the center, right in front of the handlebars, had a radio monitor. On the back fender was a big battery. And I used to ride that thing all over the place from South Dayton all the way downtown and all the little communities in between. I'm I mean sometimes I put on fifteen miles on the thing as a eight or nine year old, and it was a blast, really was memory.
Speaker 2: Probably listening to w I n G and Dayton, weren't you Warren?
Speaker 4: I did listen to WLW too. Yeah, I got a WLW on most of the day.
Speaker 1: I thought I'd tell you all right, I thought, man, yeah, thank you, thank you, thanks Warren.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're still write. Is he still riding that bike around?
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 2: Should?
Speaker 1: I wish it have kept him on there then I don't think so he's still That would be cool, though, to have a bike that had a generator on the back of it that powered jury radio, you know.
Speaker 3: That would be cool. I mean, they got those bikes now, that are those e bikes that kind of peddal for you. I wonder if they I mean, look, everything's on this battery now, I guess, but I can probably ring it.
Speaker 1: Up back in the day when and the boys were little, when Jack was a baby, when it started. Then I did it for Loop two in the stroller and taking them before a walk out oun our little neighborhood in Oakley. I had that's when walk when you still had a walkman. But I went and got those extension speakers you could attach to it, so I attached it to the stroller. So I'm sure you know, hey, yeah, you're pushing it around the block listening to Bowie and stuff, and people are like, Okay, Dad's got to going on there.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, Yeah, disc man the walkman were big, big inventions with that. We check in with traffic and weather, what is going on right.
Speaker 10: From the You see Health Traffic Center and you see Health. You'll find comprehensive care so personal, makes your best tomorrow possible, bomb less, careful, better outcomes, expect more. You seehealth dot com. We're accident free on the freeways. All the problems have cleared. We're just looking at heavier pockets on seventy five southbound from Ron Oregan High to Norwood Lateral with the roadwork here delays back to Cooper and on two seventy five eastbound between US fifty two and five mile. With our construction, we've got sawdowns back to Kelbog gets an extra ten minutes through the area. On seventy one northbound Ridge to Stewart and southbound seventy one Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway to Red Bank will stop and go. Also, we're looking at seventy five northbound in Kentucky two seventy five to Kyle's Lane with about a five minute drive. Now, I'm bricks Repnews for Radio seven hundred W t WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather Center Ford and Eyed cloudy twenty eight four tomorrow. Then it really kicks in winter storm warning in effect. The high of thirty two with snow could see as much as six inches of snow scattered around the tri State. We'll wait and see, keep it here. We'll let you know right now. We have thirty three at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 29: Okay's free for all Friday and the SUTA Center will be rocket as the Musketeers battle to bear ken xaviors slice their way to a win, or will they get mauled by Missouri State get the call live today at six thirty pm on seven hundred WLW or stream on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 23: This report is sponsored by Backslatractor, Your Cabota Headquarters backsdtractor dot com.
Speaker 19: Bax Attractor is Cincinnati's Cabota service headquarters.
Speaker 2: Stop in for