Speaker 1: Mojo in the morning show, Homa of War, The Roses, The Second Date Update, Five Lives, Tell Your Mom, Phone Scam Am I, The A Hole Throwback throw Down, and of course Shannon starting on the thirty so Anna says that she wants us to give her a little bit of our take on something that happened.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 3: So there is a guy that I'm friends with. I would say we're friends. He recently reached out to me and said, haven't seen you in a while, Let's get a drink and catch up, which seems totally normal to me. However, in the past, let me start by saying, the last time I saw him was over a year ago, and in the past when I would see him, we were always very flirty. We've never done anything with each other, but there was definitely some like tension there. So when he reached out to me and said let's get a drink and catch up, I go to his profile. I see that he's in a very committed relationship. It looks like and has a child. Oh, I know, so a new child at that, Like this is almost like a newborn baby. So I add something back to him along the lines of like, does your girlfriend know about this, and to my surprise, he said yes, and she's okay with me seeing other women.
Speaker 2: Don't know what that means, okay, right.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's because we do war the roses and I'm just like skeptical about cheaters. But to me, like something seems fishy because I put myself in the other woman's shoes if I just had a baby, like what I want my man going out with another girl, or maybe she doesn't care at all, But then I personally still just feel a little odd.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not a situation.
Speaker 1: You want to be a partner, right, you know, you need a handwritten letter permission slip. You need to have his one girl sign a permission slip that you guys can get together. That's pretty wild, by the way, First off, handed to the guy, because he could have just said, what girl, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he said, she's fine with this. It's good.
Speaker 4: There are a lot of relationships out here, and this is something I'm realizing. There are a lot of relationships out here that are open, where people are comfortable allowing their partner to go and be in spaces with other people that they find attractive and interesting.
Speaker 2: Which good for them. But is Anna comfortable situation?
Speaker 3: But also like, is that what he's looking for? Does he just want to catch up because friends?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's an interesting thing is maybe he's not meaning it, and maybe there's just a natural flirt in him, but he's not meaning it in any other way of saying he just wants to be having a lunch with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: The only well, I mean, you obviously know way more about him than we do. But only basing it off of literally what he said, which was she's comfortable with me seeing other women.
Speaker 2: That sounds like it's more than a friendship, right.
Speaker 3: I took it as like it's an open relationship, But I don't know. It could be like she's just comfortable with me having friends that are girls. I don't know. I don't want to put myself in the situation.
Speaker 2: I thinks of Kelly Hi.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to say men have this thing. A lot of people don't believe it, but women have this beautiful thing called intuition. And I think that what Anna, what Anna is saying, is exactly your answer is in what you're saying, you're saying, Yeah, it doesn't really feel right, and it doesn't, so then don't do it. Number one. Yeah, I he has a you said a new baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah it seems like old.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah no. And we always say if it's under too, don't do it right like going on no, oh yeah, yes, Kevin, Yes, that is what we know. If they're under two, it's not a good idea. And that's coming from experience. And I'm not saying that that's his intention, but it just her gut is telling her.
Speaker 7: This doesn't feel even though he said, my girlfriend says it's okay, my gut doesn't feel good as a woman going and sitting across from another man with an active I think said, did you said he was in a committed relationship or.
Speaker 3: I think so that's what it looks like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't do it, girl, I'm telling you, don't do it. That's not safe territory. You don't want to get yourself involved.
Speaker 2: Kelly got a story. Yeah, what's going on? Chelsea?
Speaker 8: What's going on? What's going on? So Anna my girl. All I can say is there's no such thing as having a guy friend. Okay, if you're a good looking woman, it's just they always like end up falling in love with you or they're just trying to go off their ulterior motives and insh their way in there. But yeah, I don't know that's that. That's just been my experience with it all.
Speaker 3: Do you think that's true?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yes, and I want to have sex with my friends, you know they're there are other outliers, though.
Speaker 1: I think that it depends on what the relationship is. If it's a business relationship, guiding men and women can have those. But I think if this is a guy that's just like, hey, we want to be buddies, I think that's unless there's been a long history. Then I think that you got to be careful of something like that. They have tension. It's tough to start something like that up.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Guess what, you can go catch up with somebody else. Hey, Paige, what's going on? How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 7: Guys?
Speaker 2: We're doing good.
Speaker 1: So to recap this thing, Anna has this guy that they've known each other for some time. They've always been a little flirty with each other. He said, let's catch up. He has a girl and a baby in his life, and he says it's okay for them to catch up.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's okay.
Speaker 3: I don't because I'm wondering if he's lying saying that the girlfriend is okay with it and she really has no idea. That was my first thought. It is like, there's no way she just had his baby and she's letting him run around and buy other girls dinner.
Speaker 2: Could change. Maybe she's got to come too.
Speaker 3: I mean I should say, why don't you bring her?
Speaker 8: But again, do you really want to be absorbed into that no relationship?
Speaker 2: Whatever? It is? Not at all?
Speaker 1: I think can you imagine if all of a sudden she shows up with the baby.
Speaker 2: Wall and you say, y'all haven't talked in like a year right now?
Speaker 4: Is that why y'all stopped talking because he went off and was in a relationship and had a baby.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think so. We've run into each other like here there, but it's just like we haven't hung out.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up, Carissa, it's Mojo in the morning. What do you think?
Speaker 10: Anna? Straight up ask him what his intentions are? Just set it straight. Hey, I know that things have been flirty in the past between us, and I want to know what I'm getting myself into. I want to respect you and your partner and just say it how it is, because that's how how he responds. I feel like, is what's going to help tell what might be going on.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's what I was trying to allude to when I said, like, what's your girlfriend think about this?
Speaker 1: But what if they want you to be their nanny? What if they're looking for a center for a Friday night? Could you imagine, by the way, the I as a dude, you just had a baby, your girl is at home with your baby, and you're out there and you're hitting on this you know single, I'll.
Speaker 2: Guarantee influencer radio personality.
Speaker 4: And I guarantee you appens, and and not saying it with a smile on my face, but I guarantee appens because we hear those conversations about, you know, how women's bodies change and her hormones change after they have a baby, and maybe the cookie bacon isn't as regular as it was, and you see these dudes who step out like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it happens. What's up, Ray, how you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm well, how are you guys this morning?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 6: Ray?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 5: What do you think I think she should tell tell him to bring her along. Do you guys.
Speaker 2: Stories for the next day? Do you do you think Ray that Channon should go with and say.
Speaker 1: Hi, I'm from Roses Bloom.
Speaker 2: My name is what is the name of Sally Nicole?
Speaker 1: Nicole from Roses Hi, I'm Nicole from roses Bloom dot com.
Speaker 2: Kira, what's up? Kiara? How you doing?
Speaker 6: Are you guys?
Speaker 2: Good thoughts on this whole thing?
Speaker 1: And by the way, nobody is saying, go and enjoy a nice day with this guy.
Speaker 2: What do you want to say?
Speaker 9: Okay, it sounds like Schery does impressed him because she just said that she feels like he's lying.
Speaker 6: Why would you want to hang out with.
Speaker 9: Somebody that you feel like is going to lie to you anyway?
Speaker 6: And I've just had my baby.
Speaker 9: She send my goal And if somebody ever said that my husband's like, yeah, I want to go hang out, I would not because no, if you have time to go hang out with somebody, you have time.
Speaker 6: To stay home and help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got time to change diapers and take care of that little junior hair. Yeah. Hold on a second, Joe is in an open relationship. Finally, finally, somebody that thinks this is a good idea. What do you think.
Speaker 2: Joe, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 5: So I just wanted to call from a person who I have an open relationship that perspective, like, I'm engaged, but I have an open relationship. The idea of hey, let's catch up, you really have to take context to it. There's hey, let's catch up first, Oh, hey, let's catch up. The flirtiness before kind of has an effect of how you interpret it, and you got to interpret it based on what you know about that person, and that it's also okay to just ask like, oh, what do you mean? Like communication is key even for people in open relationships, and you know, trust your intuition, and it's okay to just say like, oh, I'm a little uncomfortable with that, like what do you mean Joe?
Speaker 2: Questions?
Speaker 1: Do you ever have people that you, even in an open relationship, are liars and they're cheaters?
Speaker 5: So with my partner, they have access to everything that I do, and you know what I mean, we communicate about everything.
Speaker 2: I have had people who.
Speaker 5: Are like interested, but it's ethical non monogamy, and the ethical part of it is, hey, your person has to know too, that's the way.
Speaker 4: In your open relationship and kind of using Anna as an example, did your partner or yourself ever try to go back and get someone from the past that they entertained and bring them in this new open relationship.
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, all the time. And you gotta be you gotta be, you gotta be okay with it. If you have doubts, you always talk about it first, because there are people who will do that, like on the download, and that's not cool. That's just not what you do. That's not ethical, right, So yeah, maybe maybe it is okay outside your relationship, Joe. No, everything is always in the relation, non monogamy, it's the cool phrase for open relationships. Have to be ethical on both parts. I have my fiance and then we can date separately, and so we talk about it all and make sure everybody's comfortable and cozy, and that's all good. But if somebody is ever like, hey, I'm interested in you, but their partner doesn't know, that's that's off limits, like hands.
Speaker 1: Down, all right, there you go, Joe, Thank you, thank you, we'll see it.
Speaker 2: Take care of Joe. Thank you all.
Speaker 5: A good day.