Speaker 1: It is Friday, February twenty seventh, and twenty twenty six. Lots to get to today from this is bad news to a mystery photo has people in DC freaking out and his Cuba lying about the Florida boat attack story, plus your calls, dispatch, his emails, text Sam more, Hey there Sabrina.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello Sea leg what's happening?
Speaker 1: He Hello to you. You can join us on the show today. All you have to do is send us a dispatch code to thenewsjunkie dot com hit record on your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and Twitch dot tv. Slash the Newsjunkie. Your message is rolling a right into the studio in real time. And this never ever ever happens.
Speaker 2: Wait what happened? Let me just check here, let me.
Speaker 1: Just verify and certify. This is a last minute message. It is indeed a last minute message coming in before the show. It appears to be from the inventor of Jeffing. Let's see what it says.
Speaker 2: A great Friday.
Speaker 1: We get it.
Speaker 3: Everybody in.
Speaker 1: Patch yourself on the back. We made it through a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
Speaker 2: Friday has arrived.
Speaker 1: Look at us go a big weekend ahead of us.
Speaker 2: How's everybody doing on a Friday? Good?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Too? Are you all right? All right? Good? Yeah? I think I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm a little unsure this morning, but I think everything feels right good. I am having one of those moments where I'm like, what did I forget?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: I tell you that those are the moments when you don't actually have something that you forgot and.
Speaker 5: Got everything under control and everything everything has been taken care of. That's when last minute I go, oh, son of a bitch, I didn't get that there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like when I walk into the studio in the morning. If I do it like I normally, which is basically Charlie Brown with my head down. All right, let's see if we can fight through this and get it done another day here, then everything goes fine on the show. Fine ish. If I walk into the studio with swagger, I'll do what I did a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: For me and we got the show coming up.
Speaker 1: I forgot there was a step and then I just fell into the studio and you just fell forward in a megadek.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have that video archiver installed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you know it works, not not very good. But here we go on a Friday. Let's put our ears at the ground, our fingers on the pulse, let's see what's happening to this great, big, wide world of ours. And we go to a guitar center. Everybody, sorry, that's right, you are me. We go to a guitar center. That's where we're going. And I'll tell you what. I used to love the music stores, like like guitar center.
Speaker 2: I used to think it was cool same you go.
Speaker 1: In there, all this stuff would be there, you could play around with it. It was like having the coolest music room ever, just going to the store and trying out the bongos and the guitars and the keyboards. And then at some point it got a little weird because now when I go to one of these music stores, it's usually like a ghost town. There's like one person who works there, and they're very disinterested in helping you. But I guess there's at least a few of these places open still. So when Selane breaks his guitar strings at the last minute, he has someplace to purchase done yep. So at this guitar Cinemazon, some man, some bald headed man, that's about all I know about him. Tried to steal an acoustic guitar. See how this went. Let's all listen in now, just for the record here. I don't know if he decided, because the guy's on the way out. He's about to make it through the metal detector things like the security gates and go out the front door of the guitar center with the acoustic guitar, and they grab him, and it's almost like he thinks, well, if I can't have this guitar, nobody he can.
Speaker 2: So he starts like trying to smack it against the real real quick distraction.
Speaker 5: Is this guitar center selling gift cards to everywhere?
Speaker 2: Yes, there's a Panera. Yeah, this is the.
Speaker 3: Talks.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're trying to.
Speaker 1: Diversify because not many people are coming in to buy these acoustic guitars anymore, more and more steelers than buyers these days. So the guy, the guy, when he realizes he's not gonna get it himself, tries to bang up.
Speaker 2: The guitar down. The gray goes you understand, you.
Speaker 6: Understand, you are leaving the store right now, right, You're gonna.
Speaker 1: He's got the guy in a in a chokehold, and the guy is tapping, hoping that the man he just tried to steal from his store is going to abide by the rules of anima.
Speaker 7: You can answer the questions because.
Speaker 1: He's I don't know that the guy's actually requesting answers. I think I think the guys saying like, here's what you're gonna do. I'm gonna let you go. You're gonna go out of here peacefully. So he's choking him for stealing this acoustic guitar from Guitar Center, and the guy's kind of trying to tap out. Now now he won't get up.
Speaker 2: He drags them out of there by the bell. Bouncer. Yeah he was.
Speaker 1: He was at least a facto security guard that day throwing this guy out of the store.
Speaker 8: But everyone else is like, let me at him.
Speaker 2: To me, this is this is what you get.
Speaker 1: You want to try to steal a guitar from the guitar center, there gonna pick you up by the bell. They're gonna this is what this used to be, Like the television trope of getting kicked out of somewhere.
Speaker 2: It literally is like cartoonish.
Speaker 1: You were in the club and you weren't supposed to be in the club, and then some big bouncer would grab your ass and then he would fling you out of the club and you would land onto the sidewalk outside.
Speaker 2: And that's literally what they do.
Speaker 1: They grab them and toss them out.
Speaker 2: My question to you in a moment right on the sidewalk.
Speaker 9: Now the guy starts crying. He's just screaming random stuff on the sidewalk.
Speaker 1: I ask you this question too far or well deserved.
Speaker 2: That's what I have for you today.
Speaker 1: It's like reading the tea leaves on a situation like this, because this guy tries to steal from a store. Then when they try to get him to leave the store, he lays prone and plays dead, so they have to deadlift him out of there. And then afterwards people will be like, well, look they were so mean to the guy, and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is what I would expect the outcome to be if I was going into a store to steal something, which I would never do. Six I've admitted on the air the two times that I have stolen things. One was when I was a young boy and I wanted a lighter, really bad a bit lighter, you know, maybe like twenty five cents at the time or something, and I took it from the wind Dixie and then my brother held it over me forever, and they tried to get me to do stuff or like, I want to tell mom, you stole the lighter.
Speaker 2: I don't even know why I wanted a lighter. I was just a kid.
Speaker 5: As a little kid, a lighter seems like a very common thing to steal.
Speaker 1: It might be it was right by the checkout and I was like, I could get a lighter, and I grabbed that. And the other one was when I was dirt poor, I tried to steal. When I was nineteen, I tried to steal it. They caught me a sub from publics because I had nothing to eat. I literally didn't have anything to eat. I would try to steal a sub. Would never ever steal anything else in my life. Would not do that, would not and if I did, I would expect this to be the outcome. But I asked you chat and everybody else also stole a card against humanity from that.
Speaker 2: I wasn't stealing. I'm a really nice guy that wasn't stealing.
Speaker 1: You were having a card against humanity game and you also.
Speaker 2: Were offering up marijuana at the same time. That was so oh, that was yeah. You you were the Sabrina was the one offering.
Speaker 8: Everyone else that had some of that marijuana did not steal.
Speaker 7: You were the only one.
Speaker 2: I don't want.
Speaker 1: I did, I didn't steal. I had the cards, hocket. That's what pot leads to. No, it's not time. No see, I think this was well. Some people in chat saying, FAFO in motion, this is what happens. Kevin says, what would Sean do if somebody broke into the studio and tried to take Samuel L. Jackson, that's the little guy running the camera here in the studio.
Speaker 2: I would unceremoniously.
Speaker 1: Toss them out exactly the same way if I could physically pick them up like that, because this.
Speaker 2: Was a larger guy.
Speaker 1: But there is like there's there's this effort by some people to be like, oh my god, geez, they're just manhandling them. It's like, dude, you tried to steal from the place. You know why people do this because for too long nobody did this right.
Speaker 2: For too long, nobody did this. So you went into the guitar Center.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, I could just grab whatever I want and walk out of here. That doesn't work for everybody. I don't think the guy did anything wrong, but let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. First time seeing guitar Center in a story in a very long time. Meanwhile, over to our Parents of the Day, Parents of the Day and not not Christopher Dolores Lane. Unfortunately for him, I'm sorry you didn't make it unless unless you pack. Did you pack anything up for Jackson to day before?
Speaker 2: I did not know.
Speaker 1: No, he doesn't have like a little kit. He didn't have like a Jackson kit, like here's here's the stuff.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Really if he did, I wish that this happened. No, no, I don't. I don't actually because there there's a there's a twist, so.
Speaker 5: Parity can see what's going on here, So why would you wish this upon me?
Speaker 2: All right? This does this happened in Georgia?
Speaker 1: Parents of the Day, and I want some parent confessions today on the show too, before we split things wide open because it's a Friday, a little fun. Yeah, you could be anonymous with that. Some parent confessions things you've done wrong. Because in Georgia going absolutely mega viral is the parents that did this thing.
Speaker 4: Some would argue this would have made.
Speaker 2: This morning.
Speaker 4: Boys in Georgia. I have a message to parents across the country. Double check child's lunch before the cafeteria turns into happy hour. The police apartment is sharing this photo on social media, showing a bag of chips, some snacks in there, and a can of lemon drunk Martini. The drink is eleven percent alcohol. It's that water beverage there. In the post, the police apartment wrote quote, this is not Capri's son, This is not apple juice. That is a whole parent had a long night start a pack. Police are asking you to check lunch boxes before resource.
Speaker 5: Officare you know, do you really need to check the lunch boxes?
Speaker 2: Check them?
Speaker 1: Man, If you find when you get to drink it, that's that's the reward goods.
Speaker 8: Kid tattletailed on his parents. Kid in the recess yard.
Speaker 2: This little kid goes to school.
Speaker 1: I can't see what Grady was in, but he goes to school with his lunch, which is a solid lunch. It's a bag of nacho cheese doritos. Check I think there's I think there's lunchables or something like a lunchables underneath it. It looks there's some healthy options over here. I don't I can't tell what's up there. Something in these backs. You got pickles or something. I thought it was broccoli or something, but I don't know. It's it's a bag of green there's some other options up here. And then a full ass lemon drop martini in this kid lunch. So, parents, we want some confessions today. What is something you've done like this? Have you made a mistake? I wish I knew if the kid drank.
Speaker 2: It ventri at recess.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I just picture this poor busy mom that just spread, you know, a drink out of the fridge and threw it in the blunchbox.
Speaker 4: And now they're mortified, or maybe even like the kid, they were like, hey, just you know, just grab a drink or something, and they may have just it looked good.
Speaker 1: There you go, small talking their way out of Thank you, Tampa ten.
Speaker 2: There they go. Parents make mistakes.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it happens to the best and worst of all of us. So good to be with you on a Friday here in the show. Email tips at the Newsjunkie dot Com dispatches as per usual over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Some bad news rolling in and I think this is just the tip of the iceberg really that we're seeing here. One of the companies out there, Big IT company owned by Jack Dorsey, who is the former owner of Twitter now x blocks is the name of the company that he owns. And they announced that they were firing half of the staff basically, okay, half of the staff.
Speaker 2: And this is just the beginning. This is just the beginning.
Speaker 1: And this is not friends, This is not some kind of thing where it's like, hey, we're not financially sound, the business is upside down, we need to fire people or whatever. Excuse iHeartRadio whoever gives every time they do this kind of stuff. No, this is literally a company that is successful, financially stable, secure, but has realized blowed that through technological innovations. Yes, land they are bloated, and they have a whole bunch of employees that they don't want and don't need, don't want and don't need. And they're not the only ones. There are a lot of these coming people wiped out by technological innovations.
Speaker 2: No one will be immune to this.
Speaker 1: Then Jack Dorsey says this, This is his actual post about firing half of his employees, and it's a lot of them. Today, we're making one of the hardest decisions in the history of our company. We're reducing our organization by nearly half, from over ten thousand people to under six thousand. That means four thousand of you are about to be asked to leave or enter into consultation. I'll be straight about what's happening, why and what it means for everyone. And he says, first of all, if you're one of the people affected, you'll receive your salary for twenty weeks plus one week per year of tenure equity vested through the end of May, six months of healthcare, your corporate devices, and five thousand dollars to put towards whatever you need to help in your transition, which is pretty generous. Actually, I want you to know that before anything else. That's what one will be whether they're successful. Yeah, yeah, you'll.
Speaker 2: Keep your laptops.
Speaker 1: Here's five grand to help you out. Here's all the things I want you to know before anything else. Everyone will be notified today whether you're being asked to leave, entering consultation or asked to stay. Here's the key part. Here is the key part. We're not making this decision because we're in trouble. Our business is strong, he says the man who just fired half of his staff. Our business is strong, gross profit continues to grow. We continue to serve more and more customers, and profitability is improving. But something has changed. We're already seeing that the intelligence tools we're creating and using, paired with smaller and flatter teams, are enabling a new way of working which fundamentally changes what it means to build and run a company. And that's accelerating rapidly. So Jack says, I had two options. I could cut over months and years as this shift plays out out, or just do it all at once and acts half of the staff at my company.
Speaker 5: Old Jack Dorsey here have a thing with uh just not liking capital letters, not.
Speaker 1: A single one in the beginning of the sentences here.
Speaker 2: But this, I'm telling.
Speaker 1: You, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Every vertical, every company, they have a lot of employees that one are pain in the ass, activist employees they want to offload. For the last five years, trust me on that they want this to happen. But number two, and this is much much more important and much bigger. There are so many technological innovations that have rendered half of these employees useless. So ask yourself again, do you are you bulletproof on this front?
Speaker 2: Are you absolutely bulletproof?
Speaker 1: Because I bet half of the people at this company who are I don't know what the average person at Blocks makes, but I bet it's.
Speaker 2: A good job. I bet it's a good one.
Speaker 1: I think that they probably thought, oh steady, I'm good to go. This is such a title wave that is headed for so many different jobs out there. And I saw today there were some other companies that, you know, we're acting people along with this Blocks company. But man, it's just the beginning. It is just the beginning. They're a payment company. I believe they owned square cash app, got it? Oh, they owned Title now I don't having a title Title Spiral which something to do with bitcoin, bit key and proto mining. So it's a bunch of like financial technological things. And ten thousand people is not small. What's iHeart have? What's iHeart have? Total employees? iHeartMedia the biggest, by the way, the biggest brought radio broadcasting company in the United States of America, probably the world, probably the world, and I mean probably, I don't know if we.
Speaker 2: Have looks ten thousand, eight hundred.
Speaker 1: So this is a similar sized company, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: That seems high, though other sources have indicated a slightly smaller workforce of forty six to eight thousand.
Speaker 1: We have done a lot of cuts over the years, as all of us very very well know, but this is part of what's coming now. Some of you are like, my job is bulletproof, and you're probably right. Some of you out there you're not replaceable just yet, you're not. But other folks know about this because this is this is a big thing, and this is what happened at this tech company Blocks formerly the Twitter guy Jack Dorsey, the guy who owns this whole thing. Their stocks, by the way, soaring up like twenty five percent after announcing they were getting rid of half of the employees of the company. Okay, we want to see what you have on your mind. A lot of people with emails just like this tips at the neews junkie dot com. Crystal says, o la amigos. I wanted to chime in on those food delivery robots you talked about yesterday was one that.
Speaker 2: Ruined that lady's garden.
Speaker 1: My sister lives in LA and while visiting Saturday, we decided to go check out the woods Side Note. It's a beautiful weed shop cafe that I highly recommend that's owned by Woody Harrelson. Oh cool, that's cool. That's why it's called the Woodies or woods Woods. Yeah, there you go, Sabby, book a commanda with your sister and friends.
Speaker 2: You'll love it. CA back to Coco.
Speaker 1: While getting my ID checked half in the doorway, one of those sons of bitches the robots zoomed right past my ankle and then jolted to a stop a few inches past for a pedestrian who kicked it. I immediately reacted by going, oh my god, that thing is efing stupid, and without pause the security response they are efing stupid. F and Coco the other person agreed with them. Thank you, Crystal, she says, but they've been bothered by these robots in her neighborhood as well.
Speaker 2: All right, join us with whatever's on your mind.
Speaker 1: Lots to get to today on a busy Friday show, So do hang out all of that coming up next in the News Chunkie. We're gonna get into your emails. You can email the show tips at the news junky dot com dispatches all of that good stuff. In fact, some people responding already. I talked about this story. We're a big tech company, and I mean I think ten thousand employees is a big company.
Speaker 2: That's why I bring this up.
Speaker 1: A big tech company just fired almost half of their staff. And it wasn't because they're not doing well financially, they're doing great. It wasn't because profits aren't up they're killing it. It wasn't because these people are like nasty people or anything. It was because through technological advances, they realize that over time they were gonna fire half of.
Speaker 2: These people, so why not just do it now?
Speaker 1: And so they just ax them half of the staff at this ten thousand employee plays and people are experiencing the same Kyle says, Hey News Junkie.
Speaker 2: I was told at the beginning of the week.
Speaker 1: That my job is no longer needed and ends today. For context, I'm a cybersecurity specialist and the government contract that was on went in another direction and my position wasn't needed geez, I feel like we need the cybersecurity stuff more than ever.
Speaker 8: I'm curious if he means that they went with a technology AI base that is now cybersecurity, or it could be because I don't know.
Speaker 7: That seems like I could turn on you at any moment. Are you sure about this?
Speaker 1: Well, this person says, needless to say, the whole IT layoffs thing is hitting home. I switched to the IT field during COVID thinking this will be a secure career option. Oh no, well now I'm not sure what to do. Anyways, Love you guys, and you get me through my day. Thank you, Kyle. Appreciate the email. A lot of people in that crunch that tough spot right now, and if it's hitting you too.
Speaker 2: Let us know.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just it's kind of inevitable. That's that's the big breakthrough. As much as we might laugh at AI and some of the silly stuff that people generate in the slop content, the reality in a lot of the tech fields, at least, is this is that you know there's going to be a lot of change on the way.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get into more of you and your responses all of that stuff on the show. Today, But I want.
Speaker 1: To talk about this guy who was arrested in Missouri. And this is like, I don't know what number story this is, but it's yet another story of somebody behind the wheel of a semi who barely speaks any English, doesn't know what any of the road signs mean, and somehow has a CDL I guess or whatever it takes, and is driving a semi truck on the road. And this guy was driving the wrong way on a road in Missouri and was driving for like fifteen minutes in the wrong directions.
Speaker 2: Seldom use road.
Speaker 1: It was a road where there were cars because I could see the cars going around him, and they eventually the people call police. They're like, hey, there's a semi going the wrong way on the road. And they ended up finally grabbing this guy and the cops charged him and whatnot. But some of the details right here, going in the wrong direction, I'll turn it up and.
Speaker 6: Instead of pulling over once they saw cars flying right at them, the witness says, the semi sped up and was hitting fifty miles per hour going the wrong way correctly three miles. Miraculously, they didn't hit anyone in Missouri, Highway Patrol eventually pulled over that driver, who had a legal commercial driver's license, a commercial driver's license from Minnesota, but Highway Patrol says, during that stop, our commercial vehicle enforcement troopers conducted a driver inspection and determined the driver could not properly identify.
Speaker 2: Road signs Jesus Man.
Speaker 6: Mandated by Federal motor carrier regulations. Per Federal Motor Carrier guidelines, he was placed out of service and not allowed to continue driving.
Speaker 1: What I don't understand is how this kind of thing keeps happening. When I had to get my license, I'll never forget. I've told this story before a long time ago on the show. But I waited because I'm an idiot, until I was eighteen. The reason why whatever, But when you're sixteen, you can, when you're fifteen, get your learner's permit, sixteen and get your driver's license. I never got my learner's permit, And then I turned sixteen and more time was going by, and so eventually it was like, I'll just get them both when I turn eighteen. And I went to do both of the tests in one day, and I failed the test the first time, and I was so mad because I've had plans. I was like, I'm gonna go on a date. I'm gonna drive this car, go do this. I'm gonna be fine that. So the girl, you're gonna have to drive real letdown, real, yeah, real letdown the whole time. I mean I was used to other people driving, but I failed to test because you needed to know all of the signs to know all of the rules you need, and there was a little computer kiosk, and you took the test and if you failed it, you didn't get your license. But they just hand them out like candy to these people who can't read any of the signs, don't know which lane to drive down, and that escalates all the way to somebody getting behind the wheel of a semi truck or.
Speaker 8: If this person is from are their signs really that different.
Speaker 7: That's so kind of obvious.
Speaker 8: What wrong way or X, or maybe just other traffic coming at you would indicate you're on the wrong side of the road.
Speaker 2: That should do it.
Speaker 1: But this is a Somali truck driver from Minnesota, they said, I believe, So this dude was Somali and didn't know enough English and didn't know any of the signs. And was driving south on a northbound road until he got to a crossover to.
Speaker 2: Go into the correct direction.
Speaker 1: A police officer waited and then grabbed this guy, and then eventually they ended up charging him. And this is not the only one, Like, I've seen a bunch of these. I'm going like, what do we do? This seems pretty obvious. Don't give anybody a license who cannot speak English and understand the street signs in their area. That seems like the most obvious thing in the world to me. But apparently it's not obvious enough because we've had we had the tragic accident on the turnpike with a driver who didn't even you know, just turned around completely in the middle of traffic, twisted his semi across all the lanes, caused a fatal accident, killing some people, and had no idea how to speak English or what any of the road signs were, at least not enough to be out on the roads. And you would think that would be like a one off thing, but it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch of these people out there and it's really stupid. It's just absolutely dumb that this is happening.
Speaker 6: There's more we know about this particular trucking business. Cargo Transportation LLC, is run out of an apartment in Hopkins, Minnesota, just outside Minneapolis. It was registered in twenty twenty three to it ABD Wally Akma and only has two drivers literal presumably can't read road signs, but still last year the company drove more than eighty one thousand miles.
Speaker 2: We reached out real quick to.
Speaker 1: The semi truck drivers who listened to the show, of which there are many, and I love you, and I appreciate you, I salute you and all that. When I hear that this company they have their own little company for their semi I imagine it's like maybe these two people switching back and forth in the semi truck. When I hear that they drove eighty one thousand, five hundred and fifty two mile miles. Excuse me in twenty twenty four. Is that a lot for a semi truck driver or is that just like that's an average amount. It just seems like a lot to enormy like me, because this truck, with these guys who are involved in this, drove eighty one thousand, five hundred and fifty two miles in twenty twenty four, according to this report, and the guy like didn't know what the hell was going on the streets out there.
Speaker 5: Long haul drivers typically average one hundred two one hundred and twenty five thousand miles a year. Regional will cover less like fifty to one hundred thousand miles.
Speaker 2: Local drivers maybe just twenty to fifty one.
Speaker 1: Hundred thousand miles a year. Jesus, I mean I might have put ten on my car this year. I haven't got anywhere close to that. But all right, let us know what you think. Truck drivers jump in and does it make you a little more frightened next time this semi pulls up next to you on the road.
Speaker 2: Let us know your thoughts.
Speaker 1: Go to thenewsjunkie dot com right now, Buzz says, if you can't read, they just assume you went to school in America.
Speaker 2: True, true, ish right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And to be clear, Somalian, you know, illegal not illegal American citizen from birth. I don't care if you cannot read and understand the street signs. There should be no consolation prize. Driver's licenses should not be a thing. It is dangerous enough that you're driving a vehicle at a high rate of speed.
Speaker 2: Down a road.
Speaker 1: It's even more dangerous when that vehicle is an eighty thousand pounds semi cruising at a high rate of speed and in this case, in the wrong lane.
Speaker 2: That's just inexcusable to me.
Speaker 1: And I think whoever they should trace this back to whatever jurisdiction gave these people the licenses.
Speaker 2: That's what I'd absolutely love to see.
Speaker 1: All right, let us know what you think, send a dispatch and email all of that good stuff over on the website quickly.
Speaker 2: Actually know what.
Speaker 1: We'll take quick break. We'll take a quick break. We'll take a quick break. When we come back. I have a big update, and it's an interesting twist in the story of those people who are on the boat from Florida that ended up trying to start a war, allegedly trying to start a war with Cuba. Ten people were trying to take over Cuba. And there's a new twist in this story which I think changes a lot. But we'll see what you think about this that's coming up next in the news Junkie. I don't know what to make of some of the weird details around one of the big stories this week where they found these people on what they called the speedboat, and the speedboat went from Florida to Cuba, which is what ninety miles or something that's not left. Yeah, and they went from Florida to Cuba. So crazy to think about how close that is. Actually, they went from Florida to Cuba on this speedboat and then, allegedly, according to the Cubans, when they got close to the Cuban coast Guard noticed them and they started firing. They according to the Cubans, they fired first on the Cuban Coast Guard, and the Cuban coast Guard says they returned fire, which killed four people on this boat.
Speaker 2: Six people were arrested.
Speaker 1: And the information coming in from family members. I think the brother or somebody had spoken out and said that this guy wanted to take over Cuba. He was sort of radicalized on freeing the Cuban people, et cetera, et cetera. And then I guess got this hair brained idea that he could do it in a boat with ten people and convinced, yeah, convinced other people to go with him. And then the crazy thing is, I guess Miami media has been all over this. Then they announced the names of the Cuban government said, here's the ten people that were on this boat. But some of the names don't add up, Like one of the names is a guy who is not in Cube at all. He's here, he's got like the wrong name.
Speaker 2: On one of these people.
Speaker 1: And I saw some stories where I was like, this is getting more curious by the moment. Here's what made me think a little differently about this. This is a Channel seven in Miami.
Speaker 11: Man Is Ascora and he's in Miami speaking with seven News at Versailles, is in little Havana, shocked his name was on that list. It scares me because my dad, grandparents, aunts and uncles are there.
Speaker 7: He tells us.
Speaker 11: Gonsuegra, who has been in the US since twenty sixteen under asylum, doesn't know why his name was published. He says he didn't plan to be part of that voyage.
Speaker 1: So he was not on the boat. He's here, still in America. He's saying he has no idea why his name was on this list, but the Cuban government was like he was one of the guys.
Speaker 2: Is it just me or did she say that weird?
Speaker 5: Like he didn't plan to be part of that voyage sounds like, was there another voyage?
Speaker 2: Was he?
Speaker 1: Was it an option? Was Why did you put the emphasis on? Did she put it on that he didn't plan to be part of that sequel?
Speaker 8: I suppose Is it crazy that maybe there's another guy with the same name or he was named in like a picture attached to us.
Speaker 1: He's he's attached to the family in some way, I guess so they were. I think they were specifically talking about him, and they might have had the age too.
Speaker 2: But let's see what else they said.
Speaker 11: But says he is known to the Cuban government. He says, I have a record of activism against the dictatorship for my days in Cuba as well as.
Speaker 2: Here in the United States.
Speaker 11: I think they've confused all that history or they're hiding something.
Speaker 2: I can't be sure.
Speaker 11: Oh that being said, he tells us he does know many of those involved in the deadly incident, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So he knows people, he's connected to people who were involved in this went on the boat, went over there, did this stuff in Cuba and ended up either dead or arrested. But he wasn't one of the guys. Even though the Cuban government is like he's one of the people, and that seems weird. Yeah, maybe one of the guys gave his name for some reason. I don't know what advantage that would give you. The six people that were arrested, but they got the person wrong. And now I'm starting to wonder what's what in this story. And we do have confirmed. I mean, the family member did say this. One of the people who is like the leader if you will, definitely was radicalized and wanted to go to Cuba to like free the Cubans, and maybe thought he was going to do it by himself in a boat, which is nuts. But we at least know that part is true. Let's see what else is here.
Speaker 2: He is with two of the men.
Speaker 7: I have mixed emotions.
Speaker 2: He says.
Speaker 11: They're friends of mine and I admire what they did. Though the Cuban regime claims those on the boat were armed Cubans living in the States with intentions to infiltrate the island and commit acts of terrorism, people at Busy Versailla's cafe Thursday night believe them to be heroes who went with hopes of forming an uprising against the Dictatorshow.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're out there, they got their signs they're fully in support of these dudes who are on the boat. Some of these folks, it says assassins and terrorists. And it's got Raoul Castro, brother of course of Fidel Castro, and Miguel Diez Canell, who I think is double check this delan in fact check. Miguel ds Canal is the president of is what are the leaders of Cuba.
Speaker 2: At the moment.
Speaker 1: I don't know what his official title is. President, he's the president of Cuba. And then of course Roul Castro, brother of Fidel Castro. It says assassins and terrorists. They're not fans down in South Florida, not fans of communism, not fans of Cuba. Out of these folks, many of them fled Cuba, and they some of at least support these guys. But it's still a big question mark as to what the hell was going on here, what these guys were actually up to.
Speaker 2: We'll take your thoughts on it.
Speaker 1: Send a dispatch over on the website that's thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: I also we're talking a little bit a bit about the snowballs in New York City, the cops getting hit with the snowballs, and I saw yesterday that they had a file that filed some charges against some dude, one of the guys who I guess threw snowballs at the cops, some guy twenty seven year old West African Gusman Kulabali. I mentioned his name on the show previously. This story says he threw ice balls at the NYPD officers. I'm assuming he would say there were snowballs and it was a snowball fight, you know, each of their own ice ball fight's.
Speaker 2: A little more hardcore ice ball.
Speaker 1: Fight sounds bad, And I think the police have said that there were people who were putting rocks inside of some of the snowballs.
Speaker 2: No idea if.
Speaker 1: If that's true or accurate, but that's at least what they were saying, and it pushed charges against one of the guys who threw snowballs.
Speaker 2: At the cops.
Speaker 1: And now the district attorney has dropped the charges against this person already, and they did a whole like purp walk. Here he's walking out. Apparently this is diaper Man. Diaper Man is his name. He does a YouTube prank channel as well under the name diaper Man, and also in his free time throws snowballs at the cops, but he's.
Speaker 2: Got a attorney. It's free diaperman, free diaperman.
Speaker 7: It might be going away, and.
Speaker 2: They let him go. This is an attorney. I'm guessing they talked about the rocks.
Speaker 5: This I'm hearing the boxes.
Speaker 1: So the attorneys like, this is the first I'm hearing of rocks in the snow. This was just, you know, an innocent snowball fight, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Et cetera.
Speaker 7: Was the one person that they arrested everywhere.
Speaker 2: They're trying to find. I believe three more.
Speaker 1: There were three more people that they had targeted that for whatever reason, those people were on their radar that they wanted to arrest them for the snowball fight. But I don't think they've found them yet. I'll go back to this was a lost opportunity, and it almost makes me think this is just like a better time. There was a story a couple of years back on the show about Washington State and something it went down where kids were having a snowball fight and the cops showed up. I mean, like a whole video out of that. The cops show up to the snowball fight and they've got all their cop gear.
Speaker 2: And they go in like.
Speaker 1: It's like a swat raid, no mercy, and they start a snowball fight with the kids to celebrate you know, the snow day, right, And I'm like this, like this was such a better story.
Speaker 2: They're throwing the snowballs at.
Speaker 1: Each other and the cops are The cops are playing around, like hitting the deck with the kids in them with the snowballs, Like maybe this just comes from a sweeter time and this doesn't exist anymore. We can't do this, but this is such a better outcome for everybody involved, Like the cops look so much better in this. This is better for the community. This is like, this is better for everything than the situation in New York. I think there was a missed opportunity, and the cops are still trying to press after some of these folks.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying they're good people.
Speaker 1: You know, this guy probably a scumbag or whatever, but in this case, it seems like you could just score more points by by doing something a little.
Speaker 2: Bit more like that. I think the New York Post called him a punk with a rap sheet. A punk? What's rap sheet? What does he say? Let me see? Let me know, I don't know what this guy's.
Speaker 1: Up to, all right, let me know what he did. That's that's the I don't know why. That's another good question. Actually, why do they call him diaper Man?
Speaker 5: It says one of the hooligans who allegedly pelted NYPD cops. The New York Post does not like this guy for some reasons, who allegedly pelted NYPD cops with snowballs and a rowdy free for all at Washington Square, has been unmasked as a twenty seven year old wanna be YouTube star who was busted during a subway prank just weeks ago. Gus Main goose Main Gulabally was cuffed connection with the Monday afternoon mayhem that sent two uniform cops to the hospital.
Speaker 2: They went to the hospital for that after the snowball thing. Yeah, I mean, maybe some of them fell or something. I don't know. I don't know why they would go to the hospital.
Speaker 5: He reportedly fancies himself a social media personality and posts under the name Diaperman. Charged with obstruction of governmental administration and harassment and was awaiting arranged min Thursday evening. It wasn't his first run in with the law.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at his YouTube account, forty seven thousand subscribers.
Speaker 2: Not bad. Maybe that's why they're calling him a wannabee.
Speaker 1: He's got a lot of videos here, nothing in the last six months, so maybe he's doing is he's doing shorts and he does live He says, I stream and I dropped some crazy videos.
Speaker 2: Subscriber.
Speaker 1: He's in a diaper in the picture with what looks to be like some joints in his mouth. But I don't know exactly where this came from. He's out there on the streets though, because they let him go. They let the hardened crim or, a hooligan.
Speaker 2: What do they call him? The hooligan?
Speaker 5: A punk with a rap sheet and want to be social media personality.
Speaker 1: He does look like a scumbag from the the prank in air quotes that he was trying to do where he pretended to pop rob people and videotaped it. He said, so you're going to pay up to the stranger? Pay up what the other man said? My bread n word? How much you got, whatever you're going to give? And it goes on and the like he faked robbing this guy. I guess his YouTube video, so that's pretty scummy. That's not a great thing in his favor. But I just really feel like some of these things for cops. You know, cops need to make sure they make big inroads with the communities that they serve. So sometimes you got to be the bigger man, and you got to you gotta try to go Okay, let's make the most of this. Let's make this into a fun thing, even if people were being obnoxious, and then let's try to move on from here. Otherwise that the media is going to be biased about it and give you headlines and be like Snowball facing years in prison because of the NYPD, like that stuff doesn't help anything at the end of the game.
Speaker 2: Let me know what you think.
Speaker 1: Send a dispatch over on the website, go over to the neewsjunkie dot com, on your phone, your laptop, anything with the microphone, and hit record on your first dispatch right now, quick break. When we come back, we'll get it to I think the whole gu three thing is kind of blown out at the moment, but there is a weird, weird update on that front, so we'll do that. But the other thing is, I want to talk about worst roommates for just a moment when we come back. Whatever roommates story you got has nothing on what this roommate did to a couple they were living with.
Speaker 2: And I'll play the story for you.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna believe it, but it's coming up next in the news Junkie. Who would be the worst roommate out of the three of us if we all lived together? Who would be the worst roommate out of the three of us?
Speaker 2: And one two, three? Sabrinane. At least you went for each other, at least. I'm trying to think.
Speaker 8: I'm a very person and my roommates in the past can attest to me being a fun roommate to be around.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think i've known you at a time where you had a roommate. No, I'm trying to think because when I first met you, you had a little, tiny apartment by yourself, and then after that you've just been like with people you were.
Speaker 2: Dating and stuff.
Speaker 1: But before that, I'm imagining you've had situations where you've lived with at least one, if not more, roommates.
Speaker 2: Sabrina.
Speaker 8: Yeah, before I moved into the tiny closet downtown, was I looked with the two people and wonderful gals.
Speaker 7: We went to college together.
Speaker 8: And besides one Linguini incident, I think, what happened here lin cuisine linguini frozen and the freezer ready for me to consume his dinner.
Speaker 2: That's so I stole it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, sam ate it zam ate on the mad laninguini and I said, that wasn't my favorite.
Speaker 1: That's that's off limits. I was just talking to somebody in Chat. I said to Chat, I said, if you guys ever had a terrible roommate, and I'll give you the story of one that blows them all out of the water in a moment in the news. But somebody on Chat said I had a terrible dorm may and I forgot who was in Chat, someone inconsequential person, and they said I had a dorm mat that was bad. And I said, well, what happened? What was the thing that crossed the line? And they said they had sex on my bed? Oh they And I said, did they have their own bed in this person this random mysterious person said, uh, they had their own bed, but for some reason they had sex on mine. And I thought that, well that's quite honestly, Yeah, that's over the line. That's very weird. And I also would say that that person was a bad.
Speaker 2: Roommate bunk mates to their permission. What do you mean.
Speaker 1: You have your own bed, have sex in your bed? Why on earth would you need to do anything in my bed? This this is weird, if anything.
Speaker 8: But at least dorm well it was happening, like in the bed alongside the roommate that was banging on their beds.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know if they were. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Random person, let me know, give me an update, she says, I hate him. This is bootsy. This is coming from Bootsy moonshine over on Twitch, and I really appreciate your story. That is overkill and bad roommate behavior. The story in the news that I'm gonna plant a second is worse than that, believe it or not. I gotta tell you though, other than one thing, I had a roommate. Okay, I did have a roommate where there was a bit of an issue, but it wasn't what you would think would be the most common cases that you would see in news stories.
Speaker 2: Roommates probably fight over something.
Speaker 1: Sabrina already mentioned cleanliness, that like if somebody's a slab that you're living with and you want to keep things clean. That's probably one of the biggest fights. Somebody in chat said their roommate paid them an all change to pay the power bill or cable bill one time. That too, would be incredibly annoying. The issue I had was I was twenty years old at this point in time, fifty four, and I said to this person. I was like, hey, do you want to get a place together? And they're like, hell, yeah, let's do it. And I find this townhouse and we get this townhouse together. And at the time, we were both just single guys, just doing our thing, hanging out, and I said, this will be fun, man, We'll go to the bar, well, we work near each other.
Speaker 2: Everything would be cool.
Speaker 1: And then three months into him being my roommate, he started sleeping with Dylan's.
Speaker 2: Mother and.
Speaker 1: I said, of all of all the places, of all I probably didn't say of all the places, I probably had some choice things said, but I was like, of all of the gin joints in town and he's like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I did, and he of all the bill was already alive. Dylan was alive.
Speaker 7: Yes, he calling your roommate uncle, at the time.
Speaker 2: He was way too young. He was just a teeny little thing at that point in time, and.
Speaker 1: I go, well, dude, there's so many people, there's women everywhere, and that's what he went for. And that was sort of the beginning of the end. And then I had a roommate switch.
Speaker 2: Up after that.
Speaker 1: But this is this is pretty bad you've had. You've had roommates, many had a handful of roommates. From the stories you tell, it seems like you might be on the bad roommates side of things.
Speaker 2: Why would I be on the bad roommate side of Wait?
Speaker 1: Was it you that threw fireworks into your roommate's room? That one?
Speaker 5: I forgot We did that. Yeah, he was trying to have sex.
Speaker 2: I forgot got him a bit, and we tell.
Speaker 1: Me it was Dylan's mom to take the story.
Speaker 2: No, he was.
Speaker 5: He was trying to uh get lucky, and we decided that we would screw with him trying to screw by No, it wasn't him.
Speaker 2: By lighting bottle rockets and.
Speaker 5: Shooting them under that gap between your door and the floor, that's a bad roommate's funny. He was also kind of a terrorist of a person, so like you know he would he would do it to you.
Speaker 1: The only way this makes sense is if you guys were doing this tit for tat like was and not tattoo, but like back and forth? Did did he did he do something like this to you? And you guys would normally prank each other back and forth. That's the only way out of being a bad roommate. I think he had other things that he would do. And you know, just we were we were young dudes, just having having young dude time a lot good you young dude time. That's what they call it. What everybody says a lot of I'm seeing a lot of people in Chad who have similar experiences. Let me bring you the story really quickly, so you guys get to two is going on?
Speaker 5: Somebody says, Doug, do you still want to live with Sealan Millionaires said Sea Lane would be an awesome roommate. Earlier might have changed his mind.
Speaker 1: Well, this is from ABC News and a California couple.
Speaker 2: They had a roommate.
Speaker 1: I could see a couple of things in the in the kitchen here, like there's like a to do list and stuff. But the most notable thing in the kitchen is that the roommate is wearing a gas mask and appears to have some sort of can in his hand. So let me sure you just how bad it gets in some of these circumstances. And here's what this roommate did. He's spraying this morning she bugs spread.
Speaker 12: Inside a California home. A couple says, this is their roommate in a gas mask, covering their foods, kicken and pantry with insect poison.
Speaker 7: This has been a nightmare, total nightmare.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a strange couple right there. I just have to mention this is the couple.
Speaker 7: She looked together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, she's mother.
Speaker 1: She looks markedly younger than him, I mean older, rather older. She looks like she might be sixty five, and he looks like he might be twenty five.
Speaker 2: But I'm not sure. Maybe there's something I'm missing here.
Speaker 1: This is the couple and their roommate was taking bug spray and spraying on their dishes, their food, everything in the kitchen, which could probably I don't know if it can kill you.
Speaker 2: I might be exaggerating with that.
Speaker 7: Certainly you very sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it ain't good to say the least would be really bad.
Speaker 12: Nightmare Billy Hopper and her husband David say they've had repeated problems with their roommate, forty two year old Timothy Bradbury. They installed security cameras inside their Santa Clarita house after they say their clothes were cut up, their property destroyed, and their food was thrown away like a.
Speaker 2: Careful Yeah, this guy's great. This guy's crazy.
Speaker 1: And they shows him walking around their house and he's wearing when he's not wearing the gas mask, he was wearing like an N ninety five mask inside their house, and.
Speaker 7: A body camp was that he.
Speaker 1: Had a police body cam strapped to his chest, which inside your house? Like, what what kind of war is going on between these roommates?
Speaker 2: This has got to end, man, this is not We're not good.
Speaker 12: Started having serious health issues.
Speaker 7: I've been so sick this past year that I haven't made hard.
Speaker 2: To do anything because of this guy.
Speaker 7: Jesus, my husband's been sick.
Speaker 2: We were both in the er within the last two weeks.
Speaker 12: They say their doctors seedy, they might have been poisoned. They checked out the footage from the cameras and this is what they saw.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's like straight up spraying it directly on apples and bananas and okay.
Speaker 2: All the fruit.
Speaker 5: If he has been doing this, how does the place not just consistently smell like bug spray?
Speaker 2: Would that go away if you did this after a.
Speaker 5: Little while the smell maybe, but you'd think if he was, that's a lot of bugs spray.
Speaker 1: He's hitting it. Yeah, he is not letting up on that nozzle. He's letting the cant go.
Speaker 12: Everything from their groceries to the coffee pot they used daily is infuriating.
Speaker 13: It.
Speaker 1: It's really heartbreaking too to see somebody who says mental health problems doing something like that.
Speaker 12: They called the authorities and the Santa Clarita Sheriff's office is when they made contact with Bradberry, he barricaded himself inside. It took two hours before he eventually surrendered. Investigators say family members told them Bradberry has a mental disability DOI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how does it for attempted poisoning? But he's already been released, all right.
Speaker 1: Maybe the answer to these kind of stories is what what is the like questionnaire you're tossing out there for roommates that you're taking in this room? Picking a roommate like I was always blown away at roommates, dot com and stuff. Picking a roommate should not be a willy nilly process. Picking a roommate should be every bit as strict, if not more strict, than picking a partner, Like picking somebody you're gonna date, somebody you're gonna be a boyfriend or girlfriends.
Speaker 2: That's not a good idea.
Speaker 1: As you know, this is a bad idea. You should have such a strict, long process. Here are the things in life. If you are an employer so you're hiring people, If you're an employer, if you're somebody who is dating people, or if you're somebody looking for a roommate. This none of these at all should be simple, simple things to make.
Speaker 2: As a decision.
Speaker 1: You should sit down, talk to people, Spend some time around them. See if your personalities work well with each other. See if they're crazy, See if they wear body cams and spray raid on your your bananas. Take some time figure that out. Spend some time with these people. Why on earth would you like they got into it. They're like, yeah, this guy is really he's mentally ill. He needs some help. Yeah, but how did you get to the point where he was your roommate? That would be the problem that I had with all of this, and I think maybe you would agree. Let us know, send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 2: Let us know what you think.
Speaker 1: There's so many people who have had these sorts of situations. I don't know that they've had it quite this bad, Tommy says. Who hasn't barricaded themselves in an apartment to evade police custody?
Speaker 2: Happens all the time? Yeah, I'm sure. Yeah, Well, you know what we learned.
Speaker 5: We learned from Antonio Brown that that works, you know, true, he did.
Speaker 8: Just wait about and Chris Brown, I believe he said sucker fart to the concept for three days.
Speaker 1: You wait them out long enough, I can't win, but this guy gave up eventually.
Speaker 2: Here let us know if you have any.
Speaker 1: Stories like this and send your dispatches, recorded dispatches, record an audio or video message to be on the show.
Speaker 2: At the news junkie dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see here, we're gonna take quick break, we come back. We've got I've got to get into that. We're full clown show material on the Nancy Guthrie missing person case because of something gonna happened last night, so I'll have to work that update in at some point. We've we've got the next episode on the Way. We got this week in Florida. On the Way, it's a Friday, Let's have some fun together. That is coming up next on the news junk Keye. The Nancy Guthrie case. We're sort of a a part where a lot of people are over it, which sucks because, I mean, there's a missing elderly woman at the center of all this, like the legitimately a victim at the center of all this, and it's gotten to total clown show material moment. You've got tip lines flooded with useless tips, crazy people who hear that there's a million dollars online from the family and if they give the tip that that leads to the person who's got Nancy Guthrie, they'll be a millionaire.
Speaker 7: And so just make stuff up. Did you see the number?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: How many seifty moments after she announced the one million dollar reward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's a lot the phones are ringing NonStop, and the one person said, I have a tip for you. There are underground tunnels and she was knuck out through the tunnels and this should be a comment on a YouTube video somewhere. This shouldn't be a tip that's coming into the police. That's what's happening in this case. It's a clown territory now because the cops don't appear to be making any actual progress. They don't appear to be making any progress. And I know a lot of people are bringing up the Elizabeth Smart case and going, yeah, well, she was missing for six months, Sean, she was missing for six months, and then the cops years old with u heart issues. That's absolutely true, se Lane. She was a young girl at the time. Elizabeth Smart was number one and number two. If people back then, when Elizabeth Smart was missing and months were going by, were shouting, hey, the cops aren't doing a great job. In retrospect, they would have been right because in the Elizabeth Smart case, right around that time, her sister goes, I remember, I remember who was in the room, and the cops go what oh, yoh. She says she remembers because she was the only witness to this. She's just a little kid.
Speaker 2: Let's listen. Everybody gather around.
Speaker 1: Listen, and the cops gathered round, and Elizabeth Smart's sister said it was this guy and the cops are cad, you're being ridiculous. Come shut up, kid, go play Nintendo or something. Yeah, And they waited months more before they actually released or found Elizabeth Smart up in the mountains where.
Speaker 2: The guy is named like Muhammad or something.
Speaker 1: He was a lunatic, self described prophet type dude, and he had her up in those mountains right above where the house was for six months. But those cops weren't doing a bang up job. They made a lot of mistakes, unfortunately. And this case, if you want to compare it to that, well maybe it is a good comparison because it doesn't look like the cops have a whole hell of a lot of leads. Considering a man dressed in a ski mask went to an elderly woman's house in the middle of the night and just took her. And that to me is you know, frightening enough on a tell. But we've gone into clown territory. There was some guy who was arrested and I hear you know, you see like the fake news headlines coming in arrest made in Nancy Guthrie case, somewhat arrested at Nancy Guthrie's house and even wait, what's going on with what's happening here? Turns out the media, who's whoever's left?
Speaker 2: Some of them have left ABC News, streamer are still out there.
Speaker 1: Some of the streamers are still out there. That's still smaller group because they have less hope that this lady's still alive.
Speaker 2: Some guy pulls up.
Speaker 1: And he cruises down the road at the absolute minimum speed. His car will go in Nancy Guthrie's neighborhood, and then he turns around, and then he cruises back by Nancy Guthrie's house. And then he turns around and he goes back and he went back and forth about a hundred times. And then the media outlets who are there go, what is with this weird guy who's slowly driving past Nancy Guthrie's house looking at her. They go over to the window and this guy is driving while he's on his phone, looking staring, staring at a photo of Nancy Guthrie. He's going like a mile an hour, staring at a photo of Nancy Guthrie on his phone, and he just keeps going back and forth, back and forth, back and forth by by your house. And finally the media let's go that guy something's wrong here, and the cops pull him over, and the dude was just drunk out of his mind, just completely hammered, so drunk that he showed up at this house and was going back and forth.
Speaker 5: Man, there's a lot of things I care to do when I'm drunk, And first of all, drive a car at all is far from it. But drive a car super slowly back and forth, over and over and over, and like staring at times.
Speaker 7: Yeah, imagine being that drunk brains. I want to find that. I'll find the old lady.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 8: I have to drive by and put the oos together in my head.
Speaker 1: I just gotta get a little closer. And either's driving by and the guy was drunk. It's a clown show. Outside of this thing, all you want is for this woman to be found and for the family to be made whole again and to.
Speaker 2: Be able to put this past them. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Those aren't the stories that I'm seeing. I'm sorry, that's that's not what I see out there. All right, We got to get to you. Your dispatches are coming in. We'll hear from you just moments from now. On the show, people also responding to the worst roommate in the world.
Speaker 2: Who was in that story.
Speaker 1: And I said, if you're gonna have a roommate, a roommate is somebody you're gonna cohabitate with. That's even if this is like somebody you want to date and live with, or like if you're gonna have anybody who's gonna live under the same roof as you.
Speaker 2: And therefore, in many.
Speaker 1: States, gain a bunch of rights because you have allowed them to live under your roof. You can't just boot them out. You can't just say you see you later, I don't like you anymore. Yeah, you better make sure you are vetting those people better than the people in the news story where their roommate was captured on video spraying bug spray all over all of the food in the house and sport emails on this front says what's up junkies? Hello and the bug spray roommate guy. If one of his roommates would have died, he would have been charged with murder, right, so the fact that they didn't die, how is he not charged with attempted murder? How does that work? Have a great weekend and keep up the great work you heroes, says this person I'll take you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I appreciate the email. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that that does seem like something that should bring some serious charges with it. You have to know when you're spraying poison on food, that you're possibly going to be doing a lot of harm, maybe even death to the person that will be eating that food, and that they wouldn't be aware that you were doing this, And in fact, that the very least should be treated just like somebody putting something in your coffee, putting something gross in your coffee, any of that stuff should be treated in a very very similar way. But I stand by this. If you're going to have anybody in your house like that, you need to vet these people, and you need to vet them really, really good.
Speaker 2: Let us know what you think.
Speaker 1: Send us a dispatch to join the show audio or video dispatch. Record yours now over on the website at the news junkie dot com, or send an email if you want to be anonymous. When you get on the show with your email, put it on top of tips at thenewsjunkie dot com. Tony says I visited Saint Louis, Missouri one time. He's talking about the person the semi truck driver driving the wrong direction. My friend and I were driving downtown at around three am. We approached an intersection and it just seemed wrong. It took several seconds until we realized we were looking at the back of the traffic lights. We were going the wrong way on a one way street. We were very lucky there were no other cars or police in that area. Very scary. Well, it's not uncommon for you to get turned around in like a downtown area and you go on to a one way street.
Speaker 8: And you go, oh my god, this is like Savannah, or it's like I'm going against traffic and a turn left.
Speaker 7: Then I'm also going the wrong way.
Speaker 1: Scary and it can, but I think that could happen to anybody. I don't think semi truck drivers end up driving the wrong way down a road. When they know English, when they understand the road signs in the United States of America, when they understand our traffic laws, when they understand what should be the absolute bare minimum for somebody to get behind a giant, deadly missile of a vehicle at over eighty thousand pounds and be able to steer the thing.
Speaker 5: There's pretty much little to no situation in which you drive a semi truck and do not have some sort of GPS assistance?
Speaker 2: Am I wrong there? I would think so you would think I'm wrong?
Speaker 1: No, No, no, I would I would think that you're You're right that most people well, although then again, whenever somebody asks for directions or something, I'm like, doesn't literally everyone have GPS?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: So yeah, but I'm talking semi truck driver. Yeah, that must most. There's no way most of them, don't it.
Speaker 8: I did eighty one thousand miles prior to that with no incident, at least that was caught.
Speaker 1: The company did the company that I guess the truck was part of, did that much. He had another person in the car who when the cops pulled him over, they let the person who was like sleeping in the cab take over, but the Somalian dude who is behind the wheel, they end up giving him a charge for driving the wrong way for I think it was like ten minutes, fifteen minutes, twelve minutes, something like that. The distance that this guy drove the wrong way on the highway and driving it a good rate of speed, people flying around him. People could have died just crazy somebody with a stupid parent moment here on the show, because there was a story about that earlier, swinging all over the place here today. This story about that was this kid went to school and I think it was.
Speaker 2: In Tampa or where was he?
Speaker 5: Tampa was the news station that covered it, so we're assuming that it was close by.
Speaker 2: He'll keep he was.
Speaker 1: Some kid who went to school and accidentally his parents send him along with an alcoholic beverage that they thought was just like some kind of fruit drink and the refrigerator. And that opens things up to other parents who have made mistakes. Rock Sand says, I went to pick up my eight year old from karate class after work on Halloween. I was dressed in a scream mask in a black robe. I peeked my face in the window before I went in. I heard all the younger kids screaming and crying.
Speaker 2: Not such a good idea.
Speaker 7: Oh that's great.
Speaker 1: The teacher was not happy with me, needless to say, oops, it says Rock Sand, thank you for the story. I appreciate that. I want to come back the next episode with Sabrina. What's coming up on the next episode, What's.
Speaker 8: Coming on the next Deft e Oude an update on Chila buff and his New Orleans Shenanigans. He's trading in his beads for twelve court ordered steps. It's been so long that the crazies have bestowed a gift to twenty twenty six in the world. A new celebrity clone conspiracy plus this week in Hollywood TMI and involves turns and prosthetic stars of the Brown Con. I'll find so much more coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 2: And that is coming up next on the News.
Speaker 1: Chunkie the thing getting the most bites on the show so far, which I love.
Speaker 2: I want more of this. I want more of this.
Speaker 1: We were talking about the story out of It happened to be out of Georgia, and it was a little kid who went to school and the cops shared the photograph of his lunchbox with Dorito's Nacho cheese and all sorts of other things like what looked like a lunchible, and then there was a hop water something con in there cut water. It was a can of alcohol, which whoever put this together had thought was just a drink that the kid.
Speaker 2: Can have canned Lemon drop martini, Oh martini.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I said it like it was bigger than the word cutwater, which may be worth something. Got confused, but Martini was giant on the can.
Speaker 5: Yeah, alcohol and not even something. The first time, I didn't know white claw was alcohol.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say not even the first time we talked about a mix up like this happening because we've had a bus driver who said she grabbed a drink out of her shared refrigerator and she was driving around with the kids, and they said, what the heck's going on here? She's openly drinking a white claw. She didn't know it was alcoholic, And so we were talking about parenting mistakes that came as a result of this story. Cliff emails the show tips the New Junky dot Com.
Speaker 2: Listening to the.
Speaker 1: Show about the alcoholic beverage in the kids lunchbox made me think of a funny story for you guys. I was driving my kids to school and were running a little bit late. I cracked the refrigerator and grabbed a Celsius, packed the kids, we took off, and I was sitting in the bus loop. I'm pretty friendly with the cops and the staff and everybody. They're relatively nice. So I had my windows down, and I was chit chatting. I reached over and cracked open my celsius. Thank goodness, I didn't take a drink. Turns out I had grabbed a white claw myself. Oh it was seven in the morning, he says. Oh, so at being in the bus loop, you know, with all the other parents, and you look over and you go, huh. The people I'm talking to, including cops, are noticing that I am cracking open a white claw right now. Made a parenting mistake. Give us more of those tips at the news Junkie dot com. Tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. All right, let's get into it. Let's do the next stepisode.
Speaker 2: Because there's a lot on TV.
Speaker 1: You can't possibly keep up with of it, even though you should, because what else are you going to talk about? The pressure against me because of the Epstein Files is so much.
Speaker 2: I have to at least admit guilt to something. It's time for the next episode with out of context that sounds bad. I am not an ap scream files, are you sure? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Probably gone a d email and searched everyone's name.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: I searched. I searched my name. I searched the radio station. I searched a couple of things.
Speaker 8: You also be in the clear when you work with that mortgage guy Don Bruh, bringing you the next episode, but also bringing you peace of mind. When you go to this website, you can start the process of comparing your quote, your mortgage quote, or refinancing your house, maybe starting the process of buying your first stream home. Work with someone that you could trust, someone who's got your back, someone who's an expert but also a good pal.
Speaker 7: And that, my friends, is that mortgage guide on Don't Miss the.
Speaker 8: Vocal twenty nine years ago, nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 7: This scal right here tailor.
Speaker 8: Yay is right, maaybey.
Speaker 2: Two shot days on the show.
Speaker 7: Who is the.
Speaker 2: Yesterday?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Oh that's right. Time to be flying.
Speaker 1: You brought up because I think she might be in the Hall of Fame or up for the Hall of.
Speaker 8: Fame nominee of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. And she was rocking and rolling rolling twenty nine years ago when she was arrested in Jamaica for disobeying a police officer. A warrant was issued for arrest, and after she failed to appear for the hearings of disobeying a police signal disorderly conduct after an alleged high speed chase, and Shadday lived to tell the tailor we'll maybe never talk about it again either way. Congratulations on your Jamaica arrest anniversary. Now let's go to more modern time.
Speaker 2: A lot happened on the February twenty seven an say.
Speaker 8: That not a lot at all. Next year, I'll bring this up the one year anniversary. The man has been ordered to attend to rehab and undergo drug testing program following.
Speaker 7: The arrest in New Orleans this week.
Speaker 8: Last week a month ago, actor was arrested in charge with battery in mid February after allegedly assaulting two men at a business, and then a New Orleans Criminal District Court judge, Simone Levigne revoked his jail release on his own recognisance, meaning he originally been released without posting bail. Then he got a bond of one hundred thousand dollars, So that's some from no bail to one hundred grand.
Speaker 7: It is quite a jump.
Speaker 8: He appeared in the courtroom alongside his attorney, bonded out immediately, and the judges now imposed the conditions of going to rehab and getting drug tested, so we'll see it wasn't he filming a movie there? So did it work out timing wise?
Speaker 1: He was filming a movie elsewhere that we had a dispatcher they said he was filming a movie elsewhere in Louisiana.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now I had just heard, like just it's just drama all over his life.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I'm sure it's going to lead to a very impressive acting role in the near future. And it probably won't be on Netflix because they have pulled out out of the Warner Brothers race after superior Paramount bid. That was the big story where they never released the actual number, but it was supposed to be in the billions right as far as that.
Speaker 2: Buy, it was a massive deal. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And now the streaming platforms co CEOs, Ted Surroundos and Greg Peters have released the statement saying that they are out and now who is going to be the big buyer of Paramount the latest offer?
Speaker 7: The deal is no longer financially.
Speaker 8: Attractive, they say, so we are to finding to match the Paramount sky Dance.
Speaker 2: Bitch, I've been told that before.
Speaker 7: And how did that work out?
Speaker 1: Is that radio negotiations? The deal is no longer attractive to us.
Speaker 7: I'll say they described Warner Bros.
Speaker 8: As a world class organization and thank the conglomerates bosses. We believe it would have been a strong steward of Warner Bros. Iconic brands. But we ouch now. I don't know how to segue into this. I also don't know why this is the headline, but Hollywood sets can get very weird. In the past, the three of us have had our prank moments. I mean, prank Monkey was Shawn's nickname for a while there, just making it rain cash for ceiling and I to do different pranks. This is beyond anything that I don't know if we would have accepted money for. But I bring you to the set of Interstellar. Matthewconaughey and Timothy Shalomey. They're both in that that's what they became buddies. And according to Shall May, he recently took part in a University of Texas event talking about Marty Supreme or what it is to be an actor, and for some reason he shared this story. I got to say my last down Interstellar. I was sad to be leaving. I was in my trailer. I went to the bathroom and there was a huge turn.
Speaker 7: In my toilet.
Speaker 8: Okay, I felt so disrespected. I know I'm not the star of this movie, but who's coming in here? Turns out the matt pooper none other than Matthew McConaughey as a prime all Right, you couldn't tell why'd you do that?
Speaker 2: Got all ride in Texas?
Speaker 8: It's a coming of age baby, and you came two eighty ray Texas and the rest of this is very boring. I don't know how you follow up at the University of Texas with that story.
Speaker 7: And you guys, tell me about your meta.
Speaker 1: Anybody watched Marty Supremia, No tining for it to be It's good? Yeah, yeah, I mean Timothy Challame, I really think is like the Leonardo DiCaprio of now. He picks a lot of weird things and then puts a lot of work into it, like he did the Bob Dylan movie, where he really put a lot, Like he learned how to play the guitar so he wouldn't look like an idiot fake playing the guitar in this And we learned a lot about ping pong. I didn't know much about the story, and I was worried about a ping pong movie same. But Chalame is good man. I think he's really good. I like what he's doing right now.
Speaker 7: That's on Amanda se Fried.
Speaker 2: I like her a lot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, have you seen The Housemaid yet?
Speaker 1: I did see The Housemaid was pretty good. Like if you like a twisty turney movie, my god.
Speaker 2: That one serves it up for you. That's that's exactly what it was meant to do.
Speaker 8: I haven't seen it yet, but I am a twisty antorney at the piece of news that has been shared, and I guess a little bit of.
Speaker 7: A spoiler alert that you will be seeing prosthetic one.
Speaker 8: To be exact, that is what she's sharing in a recent movie. It wasn't a Housemaid, the Testament of Anne Lee, an eighteenth century religious figure that she played, and in this movie it needed to be graphic. At the end of the movie, I'm standing in front of a burning building with just the murkin.
Speaker 7: I felt so free. And you can't see her brown star in the scene because they made it a prosthetic.
Speaker 2: Is the coming out on, by the way, it's the hair, pubic hair, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's wearing that. And then I guess they make prosthetics.
Speaker 2: Now like a p wig. What Yeah, yeah, for sure, something else.
Speaker 8: But I didn't know that they made prosthetic backsites, or that they would expose it so much in a religious movie that's coming out on Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: But I neither.
Speaker 1: I do know that Amanda say Freed Courtney follows her on Instagram and she seems like a real sweet character. She has her own font, and she lives on this big farm and takes pictures of her goats and stuff and your dream, right, she seems nice.
Speaker 13: You still want a.
Speaker 2: Farm, Shawn.
Speaker 1: And the more and more I look at it, the more and more work. It looks like they put a lot of work into this stuff. Maybe when I retire, I might have some time like that, but not now.
Speaker 8: Behold, if you have the money right now, you could be the proud owner of see three pos disembodied.
Speaker 2: He that's probably a lot of money.
Speaker 8: I sent you the article that shows it, but also the entertainment Memorabilia live auction that is happening now on propstore auction dot com. And they have the light uphead from the Empire strikes Back and extremely rare fine nobody involved, and it is estimated to fetch how much money in the upcoming entertainment memorabilia.
Speaker 2: Did you want to take a six million dollars? That is way too long?
Speaker 7: All right, Sean? Do you want to take a guess?
Speaker 1: I want to guess between three hundred and fifty thousand and seven hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Say it goes for a million? Corecked I probably it absolutely nailed it.
Speaker 8: According to the auction house, it's the only known example of three Po's head from the second film to appear on the collector market. So if you snag this one, it's definitely going to go for over a million dollars, then you're going to be the proud owner of that thing. They also have Luke's Hero lightsaber hitting the auction block and Ray Luke's lightsaber.
Speaker 2: Hilt of the No, it's a hilt. You got the lightsaber hilt is then your hilton?
Speaker 13: Is that?
Speaker 2: Is it a holder lightsaber hilt hilt?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's estimated to go for fifty handle to one hundred thousand, So just the hilt, not the lightsaber, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because lights real hilt. Wow, not the light part is you know, not not the thing. It's just it's like a that's what they call him.
Speaker 2: I guess and I guess for.
Speaker 7: One hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: It's a downright bargain because it was just last year that Darth Vader's saber or the hilt.
Speaker 7: Went for almost four million dollars.
Speaker 5: I don't think the raised I don't think any of the stuff from the sequel trilogy will fetch nearly as much as the original trilogy.
Speaker 2: Is this real?
Speaker 13: Is it?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 1: These are props from Jaws, a fishing pole and they got cool stuff at this auction.
Speaker 8: That's awesome, happy bidding everybody, and breaking news. This is certainly news to me. But we've got another celebrity clone on our hands, and he's been in front of our faces for decades. Really, thank god, the crazes have done their work. The alarm bells are sounding off and they say that Jim Carrey is a clone.
Speaker 3: Fool.
Speaker 2: I knew it that are a body.
Speaker 8: Double playing Jim Carrey because the real Jim Carrey passed away and disappeared.
Speaker 7: A long time ago.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting here looking at the auction, and as you mentioned Jim Carrey, the one of the props in the auction you were talking about is the Rhino where he sailed out of its proba disappeared to Yeah, it's the actual rhino where Jim Carrey crawled out of its button.
Speaker 2: They're knowing it the butt birth weren't rhino.
Speaker 7: How much is it going for?
Speaker 2: Estimated between four and eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: But remember, Sabrina, if you're gonna put this in your house is your Your house is going to have a big, giant rhino and the first time people come over, you can pop out of the rhinos butt and go like A's ventura.
Speaker 2: And after that it's tough.
Speaker 7: So the conspiracy theory is a fun read.
Speaker 8: Fans are convinced that he died a long time ago and now we are amongst a clone on the boom dooob.
Speaker 7: Just have a great weekend, be safe, enjoy yourself.
Speaker 8: Watch the fifty seventh NAACP Image Awards if you'd like Saturday You're Alive, the thirty second SAG After Actors Awards, and the series premiere of yet another Yellowstone spin off. Fill their dreams of me on Instagram at Sabrina Ambra, but most importantly, stay with me America smopy every day.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Sabrina.
Speaker 1: They have the One of the props is the back to the Future newspaper, which I do collect newspapers, but the starting bid is one thousand, five hundred dollars for the clock tower struck by lightning newspapers.
Speaker 2: I think they've got a lot of those, though, I thought so too.
Speaker 7: This was the one that he held up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I thought, to Selian's point that they they made a bunch of these, and they've had a bunch of these out there. And while it's cool a back to the Future fake newspaper, there's one thousand, five hundred dollars, is like, that's that seems.
Speaker 7: Like right, like copy image sent it to me. I'll have it printed for you.
Speaker 2: But it's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you wouldn't even really know the difference, you know. I put a lot of time and effort collecting newspapers and getting them installed in a museum glass and then.
Speaker 2: Nobody cares. And you know, most of that glass survived.
Speaker 1: That wasn't a newspaper. That was a news junkie show design. All right, quick break, let me come back. It's This Week in Florida with Sea Lay, a full roundup of all of the zany, crazy and otherwise unbelievable stories out of the state of Florida.
Speaker 2: That's coming up next on the News Junkie. Don't forget.
Speaker 1: If you're miss any of the show, you can always get the podcast. Hello podcast friends. Hey there, Hey, how are you good? To be with you and if you want to join the podcast, hoardes the biggest podcast in the Southeastern United States for iHeartRadio, and we'd love for you to get on board. If you want to listen on demand, just go over to the Newsjunkie dot com. You'll see all the podcast links right there. Rarn and ready to go. Okay, here goes nothing, Sea Lane.
Speaker 2: Are you ready? I am ready?
Speaker 1: There is okay, he's ready, he's got his stuff, he's got he looks prepared, he's got things in front of him.
Speaker 2: Here goes nothing. Let's do this week in Florida.
Speaker 1: He's giving you a recap of the most grown worthy stories in the States.
Speaker 2: It's this weekend, Florida. That's right. The weekend is here.
Speaker 5: That means it's time to take a trip around the Sunshine State and see some of the craziness that has gone on in the past seven days or so.
Speaker 2: And it's here, friends, the moment I have been waiting for for quite.
Speaker 5: Some time it's happened, it's been undo.
Speaker 1: You don't know.
Speaker 5: Keep talking over it, keep talking over it. Ready, we'll do this again. Nothing nothing, wipe out. WEIMO is in Orlando.
Speaker 7: You can't hear what it's saying.
Speaker 1: Go back again. There's no way that guy saying way moo.
Speaker 7: And now I hear are you like? I thought it was the band's warped tour.
Speaker 2: That's what I did too.
Speaker 1: I thought it was like a punk band singing a song called wipe Out about a friend who maybe went surfing and died because one of the waves.
Speaker 5: Was finally starting to be long awaited robo taxi service in central Florida after months of test runs, and its first official rider was Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer. He took an eight minute driverless trip on the streets of downtown Orlando Tuesday morning, ushering in a new air of autonomous vehicle rides.
Speaker 7: That's downtown, for sure, Well.
Speaker 1: It's downtown, crumbles as the man rides alone in an autonomous vehicle.
Speaker 5: It's kind of well, is not that part of downtown. It's not there yet. It's a of course, it's not. It's a little west of downtown. Actually, so far Weimo is running just a few dozen vehicles at first, so that's why not a lot of people have gotten the invitation to use the service. Yet they say they don't want ten thousand people fighting for just a couple dozen vehicles.
Speaker 2: I used it in San Francisco.
Speaker 7: Cheaper or around the same price as Uber.
Speaker 2: Around the same price. You don't got to tip them. It should be cheaper. I think it should be cheaper too. Yeah, me too.
Speaker 5: Initially, the vehicles will not drive on any expressways or interstate highways and will only service this sixty mile area that extends from west of downtown southward along the I for Corridor, but the Google subsidiary plans to expand the service.
Speaker 2: Later this year.
Speaker 5: Also, Tesla ro robotaxis have been announced to be here by I think they said June. I'm not even gonna try a song for that one, because you.
Speaker 2: Guys can't hear.
Speaker 5: Waymo's white Jaguar SUVs are affixed with twenty nine camera six radars, five light hour laser scanners, and four audio receptors to map the streets around them and get writers to their chosen location within the zone of course that they operate. So exciting stuff for people who are in that little area. Yeah, they'll start using the waymos and then they'll probably, you know, hopefully widen the area and go places I want to go.
Speaker 2: Maybe even pick me up at my house. That would be pretty sweet. Waymo.
Speaker 5: That would be just you know, come to me for advice on where you should operate, and I'll just make it the service best for me.
Speaker 1: Hey, how far do you want to go with this automated life that you're trying to live? Like, would you get into the Weaimo and then talk to a robot while you were going on your journey? What do you mean talk to a robot? Like you got a robot driving you? What if they were Like, would you like to have a conversation with the Waimo.
Speaker 2: Well, no, that's the reason you're in a Weimo, so you don't have to talk to anybody. You just want to be like loudly on your phone or something. Huh, let me be on my phone like you know, tooth in it. Sure, I don't know if you can bluetooth in the Waimo.
Speaker 5: You have, so the Waimo app does some of the controls of the car, Like you can use the app to turn the AC up and down and stuff like that. But they also have the controls when you sit in the back seat.
Speaker 2: I think that you can.
Speaker 5: You could sit in the front seat and do this too, but they have an extra touchscreen in the back that has climate controls and it has iHeartRadio loaded in so you can listen to your favorite iHeart Radio stations.
Speaker 2: I was gonna do it too, but it hurts me in the back of so uh yeah.
Speaker 5: Actually I put on our home station when we were in San Francisco just to just to.
Speaker 2: Check it out, just to say, hey, we did this company again. So that's fun news for Florida.
Speaker 5: Now not so fun news because there's a bill headed to the Senate floor and I just I just bet we're going to pass this one because we can't have nice things. But Florida could soon join the small list of states. Actually it would be the fifth state if this passes, to ban the sale of nitrous oxide at vape shops.
Speaker 2: And convenience stares. So fun.
Speaker 5: Wow, the Senate Fiscal Policy Committee, this seems like something that's not fiscal. This doesn't seem doesn't seem very fiscal, and it's not a good way to celebrate the fiscal new year. I'll tell you that the Fiscal Committee on Tuesday unanimously passed SB four three two, which would prohibit the possession, sale, furnishing of nitrous oxide, making it a third degree felony measure now headed to the Senate floor. If it passes, we would be the fifth state to ban nitrous also known as laughing guess, often sold in canisters of the dissociative anesthetic drug, traditionally used at the dentist office, but also sold at GA stations and smoke shops. I've never seen nitress at a gas station. Oh I'm not looking at the right place.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm like twenty feet from all the ingredients that I need, right.
Speaker 13: Do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I got I got half. I got half of what I need over there. I don't have a balloon.
Speaker 8: I don't think I thought they make them. Now that you just put your mouth directly on.
Speaker 1: It, they should make it harder, not easier.
Speaker 2: They really should.
Speaker 5: If you had to guess where in Florida, this report by Moving Place says gen Z.
Speaker 2: Is flocking to Where do you think they're flocking to in Florida? I know this in Miami. It's Miami. That's where all the kids want to go.
Speaker 7: The land.
Speaker 2: This is places that they're moving to. They're moving.
Speaker 1: They're not moving to Miami. No, Miami is not on the list.
Speaker 5: A new report this week by Moving Place is revealed where gen Z is moving and one unlikely neighborhood in Florida is near the top of the list, number two on the on the top ten zip codes that gen.
Speaker 2: Z is moving to. Okay, unlikely gen Z moving there?
Speaker 7: Okay, can you maybe give a clue of those are the central and.
Speaker 2: Gen Z are the clue?
Speaker 1: Okay, most unlikely place for gen Z to be moving fellsmere I don't think this is felsmir No. The villages, they say the villages is number two behind behind Minneapolis, Minnesota. The Villages is on the list.
Speaker 2: How the Villages is old people, it's it is.
Speaker 5: Some of the villages is technically age restricted, but the retirement community may not seem like a fit for younger generations. The village's website states that people under fifty five are allowed to live there so long as they're at least nineteen years old and share a household with somebody over fifty five. Florida law allows up Florida law allows up to twenty percent of our retirement community's residents to be between the ages of eighteen and fifty five. They're saying Minneapolis took the top spot. The second zip code in the ranking was taking people by surprise. That is three four seven six two the Villages, Florida, followed by New York South Boston, Brooklyn, another New York, Nashville, and another city that used to that I mean, I think got the closest to getting its own segment on this show because we used to have a lot of weird stories from Beaverton, Oregon.
Speaker 2: That is true. Yeah, in eighth place, and then.
Speaker 5: A couple places in Wisconsin rounding out the top ten list for places where gen Z is moving. A sheriff in Palatka, the Putnam County Sheriff. He has a little bit of advice for a woman. He says, Listen, this could have been handled differently. You could have done things a little differently. So the woman accused of holding two children at gunpoint and forcing them into her car should have handled the situation better. And that seems obvious, right, Yeah, I would say, so, why did you have a gun out? According to the this is a story that we have heard before, for sure. According to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, sixty eight year old Baby Hamilton is her name, has been charged with two counts of aggravated assault with the weapon and two counts of kidnapping of a miner in connection with the incident involving an eleven and twelve year old child. The arrest came after a deputy responded to a home in reference to a possible kidnapping complaint and interviewed all involved. According to the report, he spoke to the woman who said her son was fishing at the pond behind their apartment complex, and then she got a call from her son and could hear a woman shouting about trespassing and fishing on private property. She said, fishing on my property. Here's what I'm gonna do. Hold you at gunpoint and put you in my car. She tried talking to her son, but the call hung up. Ten minutes later, her son, cousin, and Hamilton showed up at the apartment. According to the mother, Hamilton told her the kids were trespassing her property without permission and she was going to speak to the manager.
Speaker 2: Of the property. She also said, oh, sorry, this was the sheriff say.
Speaker 1: She literally said she wanted to speak to the manager. Just full Karen Lingo at.
Speaker 5: One percent Karen, except that her name is baby, so I think she probably has had a hard time growing up. Debut conducted the search warrant at her home, found the gray Walther P twenty two point twenty two caliber handgun and a magazine loaded with eight bullets. She was arrested and held without bond. The sheriff said she could have approached this much differently, and rather than pull a handgun on them, perhaps offer them a little Debbie's cake.
Speaker 2: Treat or a soda and say we have to talk about this. Let's go see your parents.
Speaker 5: She could have taken a step further and said this is private property and I appreciate you on a fish. I'm glad you're not tearing the property up. How about you help me clean and you're welcome to come over here and fish anytime you want.
Speaker 2: Office. What's wrong with that about offering little Debbie cakes?
Speaker 7: Take the kids?
Speaker 2: This sounds like this advice came from the kids.
Speaker 7: What kind of negotia should help me clean?
Speaker 2: You should have offered us food, like if you ask the kids.
Speaker 1: How she should approach us, Well, she should have come over, she should have offered us all one hundred dollars bill and a couple of little debies and then you know this would have been better.
Speaker 7: Then come clean my house instead of fish.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, that's just the sheriff's idea. I don't know if the sheriff has kids, you know, I don't know if the sheriff should be encouraging people to offer kids food. But you know, there's other ways to do this besides hold them a gunpoint and put them in your cock or to clear water. And we've had a lot of reports about this since Florida's super speeder law was put into effect, and this one's no different.
Speaker 2: A man was arrested after police said he drove one hundred and twenty nine miles an hour. But he has a reason.
Speaker 5: He has a reason, and either you got to stop talking when you get arrested for stuff like this, because you're just going to end up in the news when you have excuses like this or reasons unless you want to be in the news. And if you want to be in this week in Florida, that's what you do. You say stuff like this the clear Water. Officer conducting speed enforcement on Highway nineteen reported seeing a vehicle operated by nineteen year old Christopher Garcia Caminos going one hundred and twenty nine miles an hour despite the fifty five mile an hour speed limit. Garcia Cominos told police McDonald's took too long to make his food and he was rushing back to work because he only had a few minutes left on his break. I think he made it back in time. The teen told police he believed he was driving around one hundred miles an hour. No injuries were reported. Garcia Caminos went to Panela's County jail.
Speaker 1: Bad. You were planning things when you were young, your schedule would get like that haywire and you go back to your boss, and you boss to be like, why are you late. You'd be like, I was trying to get McDonald's and that you know I did.
Speaker 2: They took too long to make my food. Uh huh, that's their fault, not mine.
Speaker 5: Despite the McDonald's excuse, he still found himself in jail. In Miami Beach, a man was stabbed after denying sex to an adult content creator because she was not Jewish, so right he's a.
Speaker 2: Very so he has the opportunity. He's very much a Semite.
Speaker 5: An online adult content creator from Atlanta stabbed a man in a shower in Miami Beach Thursday after he denied her sex quote because she was not Jewish end quote.
Speaker 2: Police are kissing the wall, police said, he told officers.
Speaker 5: Authorities arrested Laro's Saint, a thirty year old transgender woman who advertises explicit profiles on the Fansley and ex platforms, on a felony aggravated battery charge in three misdemeanors.
Speaker 2: Uh they say, the victims said, is this story real?
Speaker 8: I have so many questions? So there shower together, and is that how he discovered that?
Speaker 2: Wasn't No, that's not the Jewish.
Speaker 1: It's it's that it's it's that it's circumcised.
Speaker 7: I can't yeah wow on the shower, so many things.
Speaker 5: According to the arrest report of the victim told officers he met Saint, whose full name is listed as Roe's Angel Saint, three weeks ago invited her to his apartment. The victim explained. After Saint arrived, he informed her they would not engage in sexual intercourse because she was not Jewish. She then became upset and requested his car, keys and money, and then things got a little stabby. She grabbed a knife from a drawer and told the victim, I'm about to crash out.
Speaker 2: That's it for this week in Florida, baby.
Speaker 1: Wipe out, crash out.
Speaker 2: What a what a journey, what an experience.
Speaker 1: There was a lot packed into that last story, Seli, and it was a layers like an onion going on over there.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: I do have to tell everybody, and I want all of you to heed my words here because I'm gonna need a lot of people to respond to this. This is this has never happened before ever, and I'm very thankful for it. But it's it's kind of insane. There is a secret shows donation gifted right now of one one hundred and twenty five subscriptions. Crap, it's just absolutely unhinged. There's never been one that big, one hundred and twenty five gifted subs from the legend himself, Sunstay John, who's single handedly winning the battle to gift the most secret show subscriptions?
Speaker 2: Are you trying to get his own hall of frame? A separate frame?
Speaker 1: I think he's trying to move upstairs, which come on over Sunstay John. We'll make this a what you wish for, We'll arrange this. So, now here's the deal. Secret Shows. There's another one. There was one every Friday. They're released by five pm. Uncensored shows and right now, if you just have an account on the news Junkie dot com, it only takes a second to set one up. If you don't, you go to the top of the website and it's quite obvious. It says free gift subscriptions are available.
Speaker 2: Claim now.
Speaker 1: Once you have an account and you're logged in, all you do is hit claim. Boom, you got a month just like that, thanks to Sun Stage John for one hundred and twenty five gifted subs, which is undeniably undoubtedly a record. Thank you so much for that. Appreciate it everybody else, Go grab it, unlock the entire website, and unlock secret Shows over on the Neewsjunkie dot com. With those available subscriptions, O they're flying now, so make your way over there claim them again. It doesn't cause anything to create an account. It's free and you do it like two seconds. So just do that and claim one of these. There's a lot of them available thanks to a very generous donation right there.
Speaker 2: Okay, quick break.
Speaker 1: When we come back, a family gets caught up in a human trafficking investigation and I have to tell you they're being pretty chill about it.
Speaker 2: What happened? Wait till you hear this story.
Speaker 1: It is unbelievable that it's coming up next on the news Junkie. You could still grab those secret shows that were gifted one hundred and twenty five of them. It sounded like forty I think available. Forty are left, so go over there and grab them to unlock the entirety of the news Junkie website. Make sure you thank Sunstate John for that after you grab yours. But it'll give you a month access to all of this and it's as simple as just a couple of clicks. Anybody with a phone or a website can go to the newsjunky dot com and the developers.
Speaker 2: Made it really easy to do this, which I truly like.
Speaker 1: A new secret show comes out every Friday at five pm. You can watch or listen and get into the world of the uncentered secret shows over there, But grab those while you have an opportunity at the Newsjunkie dot Com. All Right, I said that a family mistakenly got caught up in a human trafficking investigation.
Speaker 7: That's a big question.
Speaker 2: Oh and wait, did you say mistakenly before the break? Well?
Speaker 1: They I don't know if I worded it exactly that way before we went to the break, but I said that they were remarkably cool about it considering the circumstances.
Speaker 2: Right, and what happened.
Speaker 5: I thought you were saying they were weirdly cool about being in the investigation, not mistakenly, and that's why I was like, Wow, that's that is an odd tease.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll preface this with a couple of things. One, they were remarkably cool about this, and you'll agree what you hear the circumstances here, And two, this is evidence that there's some people out there that are there on as high alert as you could possibly be for human trafficking type stuff. I've only encountered something like this once in my entire life, where I was in Wellington and I was at a radio station event at the time for a top forty rady station I was working for, and it was a Halloween broadcast and there was a guy who showed up and he was wearing armor and a sword and all all this stuff, and he had this little girl with him who was dressed up in a matching costume, and it was a bar and it just something felt weird. It felt like, this is not this guy's daughter. Why is this guy wandering around with a twelve or thirteen year old girl? And I just like set my alarm bells off. But mostly I don't go through life thinking that a man with a young girl isn't the father of that young girl. However, that's what happened here. Somebody saw this father and daughter and instead of thinking that's a father just spending time with his daughter, they thought this is sex trafficking. This is human trafficking that's happening here, and they called the cops on this guy. Let's get some of the story. This is from CTV up in Canada again with.
Speaker 10: A trip to a Gwelf coffee shop, a wealth dramatic turn for a father never heard of. Two other customers had concerns about their relationship and contacted police, and then before they knew it, the father and daughter had their pictures popping up on social media and investigators were on the hunt c TV Spencer Turcott spoke with everybody involved in this situation and joins US Lives Person.
Speaker 1: So this kind of came out of the I got to tell you, I if I'm just sitting there and I'm spending some time with my daughter and I and people are like bothering me, if you think there's some sort of issue you want to come up and ask a question, that would be sensible.
Speaker 2: But if, like if the cops are coming, if now there's a full.
Speaker 1: On investigation, just because I'm sitting here with my daughter, I don't think I would take it this cool. I think I would be pretty upset. But you'll hear from the father and daughter.
Speaker 10: Do last Wednesday evening for the father and the daughter, Well, Tony, it's not often you're in line for a coffee one minute and then the next please are questioning you for possible human trafficking.
Speaker 2: I hope not.
Speaker 14: A father and daughter stopping by a GWELFH coffee shop quite normal. For Jonathan Puddle and his daughter Emmy.
Speaker 15: We said, hey, do you want to go grab a coffee? So we came here and stood there and perused the menu.
Speaker 14: Little did they know tens of thousands of people would suit see their face, all right.
Speaker 1: So here he is with his daughter. He's a younger guy. He doesn't look too old to me. I don't know if they said his name, but he's like a bearded gud I mean, might be in his thirties or something. And his daughter, you know, she just looks like a teenage girls who's with him. I don't see anything weird about this. I don't think anything that would set off.
Speaker 2: An alarm bell for me.
Speaker 1: And I mean save for like if they were making out with each other, and then I'd go, okay, well, this is obviously weird what's going on here?
Speaker 2: This would not have caused an issue for me.
Speaker 14: A security camera photo of the two we are widely by twelfth Police asking for the public's help to locate ends.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a photo of a father and his daughter online and it says the Police Service would like to speak with the people in this as a response to.
Speaker 2: An ongoing investigation.
Speaker 1: Here's a phone number, and here's an email address, and then it's got him and his daughter. And they were like, were they look like criminals?
Speaker 15: So we sat down just over there and ate our snacks and chatted about nonsense, and then we went out and got.
Speaker 2: In the van. Okay, the questions.
Speaker 7: Exactly it.
Speaker 2: The van is the problem, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's like the woman whoever was seeing this and going, this is human trafficking, this is sex trafficking. They're like, no, it's not. Just calm down, just show us a picture.
Speaker 2: Of the van. Wait, they're leaving. They're leaving, they're leaving.
Speaker 1: They're getting in a white van. I this guy is so chill considering this. If somebody did this to me, I'd be so mad.
Speaker 2: But let's see this van. Nothing of it.
Speaker 14: As they pulled out, there was a knock on the van window. It was a young man and his girlfriend, who Jonathan recognized from inside the coffee shop.
Speaker 15: Said, can you explain how you're related to her?
Speaker 2: And so I said, yeah, this is my daughter.
Speaker 14: I was kind of like looking at her to see if she would give me anything.
Speaker 15: She didn't really help much because she just kind of clammed up and didn't really say anything.
Speaker 2: Oh no, oh no. So the guy goes over and goes, how do you know her? What's going on here?
Speaker 1: And he's starting to investigate this, this sex trafficking, and the girl gets super nervous in the moment and doesn't speak out.
Speaker 2: Who does that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's thrown off by it, but the dad's like, she clams up and she doesn't go, I'm his daughter. Nothing's weird happening here. Everything's fine. And then that makes it look even more stray.
Speaker 7: Idea what they were talking about singing.
Speaker 14: Jonathan soon realized the young man was just showing concern for his daughter's well being.
Speaker 2: Damn, I really respect that this is my daughter.
Speaker 14: Where okay, Logan says, what he overheard between the two inside sounded as though they were unfamiliar to each other. He was worried it could be a case of human trafficking.
Speaker 15: I was still iffy on it, and then that was when I decided to call the white vans.
Speaker 7: Have to be safe than sorry, because I know it's a serious issue. Music I don't know, like human trafficking and smooth jazz.
Speaker 1: There must be a place where there's hobos outside and they have to blast the classical music to get them out of there.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do you fault this couple for going up and knocking on the window of the van and going hold on.
Speaker 2: We need to investigate here.
Speaker 1: This is a tough one because sometimes every once in a while it will be a heroic thing.
Speaker 7: Sometimes you went to the Halloween party.
Speaker 1: I didn't do anything. I assumed it would so above board. I didn't know there was one hundred and twenty people. There is something. There was a lot of people there, So I wasn't thinking that like I was the only one.
Speaker 7: Trafficking.
Speaker 2: I'm I hope that that was just an innocent thing, as was this. But that's the big question I have. Should you do better safe than sorry?
Speaker 1: Should you just like, should we all be investigating things when we something seems a little bit off?
Speaker 7: It just not worked out in my favor.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that, should you do this at risk of alleging that trafficking someone of.
Speaker 7: Pleasuring themselves in a Walgreens parking lot.
Speaker 8: And when the old man put down the window of his car, it also the flesh colored leaf reflection also went away.
Speaker 7: And it turns out he was just sitting in his car, did not have his drunk in his hands.
Speaker 2: He probably thought you were a crazy I said, you're disgusting. Oh no, disgusting. Did you apologize to him?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 7: No, I had it out.
Speaker 2: You called it so if you think you see a person masturbating in their car, you want to confront them.
Speaker 7: I don't know what came over me.
Speaker 8: If I was see something say something, and I guess I just thought I saw something and said something, and I learned my lesson.
Speaker 7: I'm not doing that crap no more. I had to get home.
Speaker 2: Were you you know? I'm sure.
Speaker 7: I don't need it to.
Speaker 2: Turn around on me. It did already, I think.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And what happened to the little girl who never saw her again? Apparents?
Speaker 2: Did you? Did you? You didn't apologize the guy if you got it wrong?
Speaker 7: I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Were you still?
Speaker 13: Just like what?
Speaker 7: No, it was just just came over me. I had gone and the the Walgreens. By the time I came out, the man had not moved. And then I like, I double. I did not check enough.
Speaker 8: I should have tripped checked and it looked like his genitals were in his hands.
Speaker 1: Recording on YouTube says, trust your gut. But she did trust her gut and she was wrong and the couple was wrong. This guy in gwelf was wrong. Is it worth it to be wrong? Because if you are right, it's more important. That's That's like the good question that hovers over this because trafficking.
Speaker 2: Maybe for whacking it in the Walgreens parking lot. No, poor guy.
Speaker 1: He goes home and explains to his wife, like somebody he said, I was disgusting.
Speaker 2: He doesn't know what you thought you saw some Now, why are you.
Speaker 7: Sitting in the parking lot? He's like what I can't hear and he puts down the window, and I'm like, you just thought he was so ugly that day that it's like, why are the parking lot freak.
Speaker 2: Guy? Jesus all right, very clean windows? So give him that quick quick break. We'll be back in just a moment.
Speaker 7: I'm never being vulnerable again on the show.
Speaker 1: I mean, I I think it's an interesting story. I think it adds to the conversation and we'll see what well people think you should do? What what should you do in these circumstances? Again, better safe than sorry or mind your own business? Those things are really you know, they're clashing here in a story like this, But let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com right now, back in just a moment with Jury Duty. We'll get to your feedback. We'll get to lots of other stuff as we roll on a Friday. That's coming up next on the News Junkie. If you miss what we were talking about. The story was about these Canadians, this guy and his daughter and they went to go get lunch and there was a young couple and the young couple was kind of watching them and thinking that their interactions didn't make sense for some reason.
Speaker 2: And then the guy and his daughter left the.
Speaker 1: Establishment in Canada and went to get into his van to leave, and they ran after and they sort of like knocked on the van. Are going to do an investigation, And I said, this brings up a really interesting topic actually, and that is when are you butting in when you should be mining your own business? And when should you say forget it? I really have to investigate here. How do you know where to draw that line of like I actually need to do something. I need to do something about this. In this case, the daughter was very nervous when this couple approached and then they drove away. They posted a photograph of them on the police social media accounts track them down and found out it was just a guy and his daughter. They didn't do anything wrong, but there are there are a decent amount of people like there are certain corners of TikTok and other social media platforms where you'll see this where these people everywhere they look, they see they see people being trafficked. They think people are being trafficked all over the place. Just a quick reality check for you. Most human trafficking is people being smuggled across borders. That is what human trafficking is mostly, numbers wise, is people being brought over the border into the United States of America or any other country you could think of in the world.
Speaker 2: That's what most human trafficking actually is.
Speaker 1: Coyotes and these sorts of things happens all the time, happens every single day. What people, especially like young college educated white couples like we're at the center of all of this. What they tend to think human trafficking is is creepy men with beards and mustaches who are grabbing and stealing and selling on some sort of black market little teenageer or prepubescent girls. That's a very movie like version of what all of this means. So all of these things going to collide in society, and then you go, what should I actually be doing in these moments and we'll see where you land on all of that.
Speaker 2: Right now, let's jump into it. Let's do jury duty.
Speaker 10: Court is now in session, so put your phone down, pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass.
Speaker 2: You're no injury duty.
Speaker 1: With the news Junkie Brisbee on YouTube says, they want to be in the movie and they think they're in the lead. There are a lot of people who are kind of like main character where they look at things.
Speaker 7: And be like, oh, you know, hero time.
Speaker 2: But on the this is why I'm struggling on this.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, if you see enough things, there should be a moment where you go, no, I have to say something about this. It's just some people's barometer for that is way off. They'll just like see a guy with a woman and no mother there and go, that guy's trafficking that teenage girl and like, okay, probably dial it back, mind your own business. But there's a point where if your barometer's not set that loosely where you should you should go say something and investigate. That's the whole thing, all right, Jerry.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine if this ramps up, if you are the kind of person who this happens sue multiple times?
Speaker 2: What does that mean about your overall?
Speaker 7: Many lose the beard and ponytail.
Speaker 2: You know you're gonna needing two T shirt. Yes, so you're gonna need like.
Speaker 1: I'm just a dad having fun and then I'm just a daughter with my dad shirt on. So you guys send different vibes or maybe that looks even more suspicious this stuff Jerry Dude, he brought to you by the one the only mode Wit.
Speaker 2: Of the Duit Law Firm.
Speaker 1: Injured on the go just Calmo eight hundred Calmo eight hundred Calmo or go to just Callmo dot com after an accident. There are lots of attorneys out there. The one that I will tell you about until my face is blue is Moses DeWitt because.
Speaker 2: He's gonna help you out.
Speaker 1: He'll get you that big check you deserve because the insurance companies are way too greedy and you need to take care of yourself, your family and your future. Eight hundred Callmo or just Calmo dot com. All right, there are there are some new laws dropping out there. I'm trying to see where this one is. There is a ban on feeding stray cats that had people all fired up that could be worked into Jerry duty.
Speaker 2: This is in Kern County.
Speaker 1: Let's see see if you can find more about this from I'm looking at KROO, but let's find out Kern County. This this cat feeding band that they've pushed through. I've heard a lot of other places want to do this. All of us can vouch for this, Sabrina, you've seen it.
Speaker 2: I know everybody's seen it.
Speaker 1: There's always bitching on next door, the social media app about people who feed these cats in neighborhoods, and it's very heated because some people will go, hey, you're rescuing these cats.
Speaker 2: Nobody else is going to feed them.
Speaker 1: They could die, and some people are like you feeding them is contributing to the problem.
Speaker 2: That's where this.
Speaker 8: My neighborhoods had an issue a couple of years ago where the lady very sweet and she loved the neighborhood cats and some of them were owned by people, they were just outside cats. She was on a wet food kick, so everywhere, every like Plassive, was a pile of what cat food and everyone's dogs are getting incross and diarrhea and it was bad. But eventually they just to come to her feeding and here we are.
Speaker 1: It's not too different from the other story actually, Sabrina, where it's like the person is meaning well, but what's actually happening here is bad. That people do this a lot, you know, in my opinion, there's a lot of policies where people are like trying to be empathetic and meaning well. People do a lot of things where they're trying to be empathetic and meaning well and they actually bring about the other outcome. But in this case, they completely banned, I guess, people from feeding these stray cats. And of all the places, this seems to be something that's happening in California, where you would think maybe they would have more lax laws on this, but they are banning people from doing some of this stuff. Did you find the story I'm talking about?
Speaker 12: See?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I found. They had like a meeting about it.
Speaker 5: Dozens of passionate animal advocates filled the Kerrent County Board of Supervisors chambers to oppose the proposed band on feeding wild animals in public parks and county buildings without a permit. This doesn't even seem like a huge scope, just public parks and county buildings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it means that that bank.
Speaker 5: That's got sixty five cats in the parking lot.
Speaker 1: Is still up for grabs, or your neighborhood, right yeah, So like this, this would only apply to like specific public places.
Speaker 5: The proposed ordinance would target cats, raccoons, foxes, skunks, and more. The ordinance is meant to protect feral cats, claiming feeding creates known spots that can fuel pet abandonment.
Speaker 1: Really all right, well, let us know what you think about this. There are one place is made a move on this, and I want to hear your thoughts. Send us a dispatch, record your audio or video message over on the website that's Thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 2: On we'll also take emails if you want to email the show.
Speaker 1: As always, put anonymous on top if you don't want me to say your name, but if you do want me to say your name, put that right up there as you email the show, which is tips T. I. P.
Speaker 2: S at the Newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, I've got some good dispatches coming in on these topics. Some people weighing in and I want to hear from them. So we'll hold those tight right here, and we'll come back for the final hour of the show, The Power.
Speaker 2: Hour is coming up next. In the news Junkie, that was my bad. I missed.
Speaker 1: I missed some buttons. I was supposed to hit some buttons and I didn't hit the buttons. And it, Wow, got a little quiet there. Nobody will know on replay. Just clear that out on replay Sea Lane. So it's like four seconds of hanging silence and freaking out and all this.
Speaker 2: And forget it. You know, every once in a while we'll wake everybody up, wake.
Speaker 1: Everybody up, because they'll go, wait, what whoa why did you just happened?
Speaker 2: They freak out? What? It gets quiet? And I don't blame him all.
Speaker 1: We got a lot to get to here on the show, and your dispatches are coming in, so let's work some of those in here. There was a big discussion on the show about when you should get involved in things and when you should mind your own business and confronting people, like the story out of Canada where there was a man with his daughter who was this young girl, and some onlookers just assumed that this guy was like human trafficking his daughter, and they blasted his photo out all over social media, and finally they tracked him down, and the guy was pretty cool about it all things considered. But you know, there's there's those moments where you go, am I butting in here when I shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Am I going to look a crazy person? Or you have done?
Speaker 5: If you were the one who got your your face on the on the Facebook and we're looking for this guy.
Speaker 1: If it be sex trafficking, I would have there would have been a level of me that would have been angry. I would have been angry that somebody would have thought that about me. And you know, save from there being something that I think they could interpret that way, I would say, you saw me sitting here having lunch with my daughter, and you just assumed that I was some nefarious criminal and not just being like a good dad.
Speaker 2: That would bother me.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know how you can walk away from that without that bothering you in some way. The big risk though, is that too many people go, I don't want to bother them, I don't want to do this, and then in the case when it is human trafficking, you don't do anything.
Speaker 2: Here's I'm not a hippie with a dispatch for us, I'll see what this is.
Speaker 16: I am all too familiar with this guy's situation, me being black, my wife and my bonus kids are white and Mexican.
Speaker 2: Oh, and you just see the looks that would.
Speaker 16: Get when we travel or when me and the kids travel would go somewhere, and then with me, you got people looking around trying to figure it out, like I think it's funny whatever.
Speaker 2: My wife does say it's funny, but I laugh at it. You know, he's my wife doesn't think it's funny, but I I laugh at it, he.
Speaker 16: Said, So I don't know, and then not to mention, my two brothers are also married to white women, so we are all blended family and sometimes paces like it's it's funny.
Speaker 2: Whatever to be out. That's an excellent point.
Speaker 1: Actually the point, well not his, but but I'm not a hippies dispatch point, which is if you are in a like an interracial couple, this definitely definitely will happen more.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 1: I would especially think like if you have a black father or white father, and then you know a daughter.
Speaker 2: Of a different race, and because people.
Speaker 1: Are aren't going to visual immediately visually connect and go, well, maybe that's just him and his daughter hanging out here, they are going to start thinking that stuff. And then if they're not coming up to you, I'm hippie, you can see what's going on.
Speaker 2: You're not dumb. You're picking up on it.
Speaker 1: You know, they're talking about you, and they're speculating, like.
Speaker 2: Why is that guy with that? Can't be his daughter?
Speaker 1: That is That's like all the weird things that come as a result of this. So that's an excellent point. Here's uh Jay talking about a bad roommate situation.
Speaker 2: All right, years ago.
Speaker 17: I had a roommate that I came home from work one day pulled on the driveway. He comes walking out and he's like, don't be alarmed, but we were robbed. Go outside and check the damage. Okay, stuff was thrown around, the drawers were pulled out, dumped over, ravaged through, some things were missing. Called the police. They came into an investigation. Uh they were asked who was the first one on the scene, and it was my roommate and who their investigation. They took me aside for questioning and I they asked me, how well do you know this other person? And that said why? They said, well, this looks like it was an inside job. It was the one that he even says the first one on scene.
Speaker 1: Oh, so that he's saying his roommate staged a robbery where it was an inside job where he actually did it and he was the one who was responsible, which further is the point on the on a second story that we've been trying to follow here. Sorry if it's difficult to follow along, but on his second story where somebody had a roommate that was spraying a whole bunch of bug spray all over their food and was just a nightmare to deal with. They had to call the cops on them. This is why you got to be incredibly careful in doing this stuff. You got to be making sure that anybody who's going to cohabitate with you is somebody that you're going to be comfortable with, and every once in a while, it just doesn't work out that way. Okay, let's see here a lot of emails coming in on this to the news Junkie dot com, and I'll get to those momentarily. I also saw there was a couple of things out there about Clinton and his testimony this week. Clinton, both of them, Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton testified under oath behind closed doors.
Speaker 2: Of Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: All the questions that people had for them, politicians had for them about their connections to Epstein, and Bill Clinton was questioned for a lot longer because there's more photos and like history with him and Jeffrey Epstein, and both of the Clintons came out afterwards and they're like, we didn't know he was doing anything, and we weren't aware of any kind of crimes that were happening, and then once the crimes were happening, we didn't associate with this person any longer, although you still have that like just endless guilt by association that people are going to have with anything Epstein related.
Speaker 5: It's weird because Hillary hasn't been in any of the pictures or anything.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, the only thing I saw on actually I don't know if she was in it.
Speaker 1: There's a picture of Chelsea Clinton's wedding and Glaine Maxwell is in it.
Speaker 2: She's and you're like, oh, well, I still gain Maxwell.
Speaker 1: Lady Glaine Maxwell was I believe at Chelsea Clinton's wedding.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you might be right.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've seen any photos of Hillary Clinton and Epstein or anybody but Bill Clinton.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 1: He was with him quite a few times, and there are a lot of photographs of them together. And now this led to the whole thing where they testified. I've heard that the video this is going to come out at some point in time. I don't know if it is, but it would be interesting to see what was said there behind closed doors. I know somebody took a picture. I think it was like Lauren Bobert or somebody took a picture you weren't supposed to take, and they chased after and made her delete the photo that she took of Hillary Clinton testifying. But we'll see if we see this eventually, if this comes out, it will trust me on this, it will satisfy precisely zero people, yep. Because everybody in this whole thing, they have their mindset, they know exactly what is going on. They wank there, write and nobody's minds will be changed on this at all. Does not matter where you're coming at, what team you're on, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: It's always going to be like that moving forward, I think.
Speaker 1: So we'll see what you have to say about that and everything else we've been discussing on the show. Send us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, there was one more I wanted to work in. Here's Fatty Maddie talking about people losing their jobs to AI.
Speaker 13: Hey junkies, Hey, happy Friday?
Speaker 2: Is that right Sunday?
Speaker 13: So yeah, I'd like to see AI get rid of my job. For context, I'm a p diatrist and so there's always a stup full of dirty, fat, disgusting diabetext amputations and then just regular book care and all that stuff. So I feel like my job is pretty sick.
Speaker 2: Because he might be right, I thought he was gonna go feet.
Speaker 13: You can't really just sit there cut toes off.
Speaker 1: So he's saying he feels like his job is safe from any kind of AI intrusion.
Speaker 5: Is a significant portion of your job cutting off people's feet and toes.
Speaker 2: He made it sound like it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's true, but that's that's the accusation that he does at least.
Speaker 5: Or maybe he is, you know, further doing the research here and saying like, listen, I know that AI either is or is close to being at a point where you could take a picture of your foot and upload it and they'll be like Hey, you got the fungus. You know you got you got that athlete's foot. You gotta you gotta get some of this, get some of that, And so then his job will just be cutting off toes.
Speaker 8: But can you circle back and tell us how many toes you cut off in a course today?
Speaker 2: How many today?
Speaker 7: Today?
Speaker 1: I guess he said there's an unending supply of people, So it makes it sound like there's a lot of that happened.
Speaker 8: Also, are you my grandmother's podia dress? Because years ago she said that he listened to the show.
Speaker 2: Oh well, now we have one.
Speaker 1: We might need a follow up on that, so send that over tips at the News, Junker, dot Commerce and a dispatch. We're gonna take a quick break. When we come back, we'll continue on. I've got clips galore that we need to play before the end of the show. Somebody driving and crashing. They crashed their car. They were distracted driving. This happens a lot. It's not new, probably wouldn't even pop up on the show if there wasn't something really weird about it. What was the thing that was distracting this driver that made them crash and end up getting into a really bad accident?
Speaker 2: The details are coming up next. Send the news junkie.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of things out there where it's dangerous to do it whilst driving, and this is maybe among the dumbest I've seen like this, But it's a true story and I want to tell this to you right now.
Speaker 2: Play a little audio.
Speaker 1: Of this happening too, so you can hear what went down on the scene. But the story goes like this, a man was gambling on his phone while driving and he crashed into a vehicle. The vehicle had a woman who was pregnant by the way inside, causing her to give birth prematurely because this idiot was driving along. Thirty year old Jack Bentley was arrested and thrown in jail. The woman and two children were in the car and their pet dog. They were all injured in the crash that happened in England. The woman got a fractured pelvis and she had an emergency c section. The baby was in intensive care for multiple weeks but luckily survived. And all because this idiot, this absolute moron, is driving around on his phone gambling. That's what he was distracted by. And they released the footage here and watching this this is from somebody nearby, and the car doesn't even stop. Jess plows into the vehicle, doesn't even I don't think he hit his brakes.
Speaker 2: This idiot was paying zero attention to what was going on because he's like the convertible in the school bus all over again. It is, but he's like no hesitation, full on.
Speaker 1: This guy so staring at his phone that he plows into this mom's car full speed just bam, I mean, and thankfully nobody died. But I think this stuff is like is a huge, huge, huge problem. I think every week or so I see somebody distracted driving nearly crash. I see it a lot of time times. And I didn't know that gambling was the thing that would distract a lot of these people. But there's a lot of folks who are really into that and in ending up exactly like this guy.
Speaker 2: I don't know how long he's going to get I do.
Speaker 1: Actually, Bentley was sentenced over two years in prison, which honestly seems a bit soft to me for what happened here and what could have happened. You might have said, like, well, he's not drinking, Sean, how is it any different? Outcomes the same isn't it. Outcome is exactly the same. No matter what it was that was distracting him or that made him not be able to drive, the outcome is the same that his actions led to a crash that caused major, major issues for this woman, for unborn baby, for her kids that were in the car, for her pets that were with her as well.
Speaker 2: And so to me, it's no different. It really isn't. I know.
Speaker 1: It's something that far more of us are guilty of because we have all many of us have done this. Maybe you're innocent, but I'm not. I've been distracted. I've I've had laptops going, I've had phones going while I'm driving. And it's just a really stupid dumb idea made even more so dumb when you're gambling as you're you're driving along.
Speaker 2: Focus is let me bring the vehicle back up.
Speaker 1: He may have been while he was focusing zero percent. It is a It does look like a Ford focus.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I can't tell one hundred percent, but it's a little tiny hatchback thing that he is driving and then he completely loses control of it. Just an absolute idiot. I'm gonna get this for see it now since it's a visual So this is how it works on the show. If we are looking at something, I want to make sure you can see what we're talking about. Not now if you don't want to, but whenever you get a chance. Distracted uh, distracted by gambling craf Now, I got this up for you over on the neewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 2: It is a Ford focus, is it really?
Speaker 5: Jack Bentley, thirty years old, barrel this Ford Focus down a due lane highway in Derby, smashing into the Nissan that forced a pregnant victim into an emergency C section.
Speaker 2: That's to save her first child.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And also he could just like you could keep gambling while you were driving. And I don't know if this guy's like a gambling casino or he's plays in sports bets.
Speaker 2: But you know better than doing this, you truly do.
Speaker 13: So.
Speaker 1: I would like to see that stop at some point in time, very very soon. It's once it's too many times. All right, what else do we have here? I've got to move along. We have so many clips. Oh, something on the on the AI front that I wanted to bring up. Never thought about this being an issue, but it is right now. Of all places. Colleges are on edge about the use of AI. And you might say to me, Sean, well, of course they are. The kids are gonna cheat on theirs. They're gonna, you know, write their paper with AI. Yeah, but that's not what I'm talking about. Colleges are on edge right now because football recruits have been using AI to fake highlight reels.
Speaker 2: They weren't previously.
Speaker 1: Able to do, and so it would just be like take me and make me going for like a Hail Mary, amazing past.
Speaker 5: It's not that the AI Like, we've used AI services to make videos for us, but it's not faking the footage where these guys are faking the footage.
Speaker 1: They're faking the footage, faking highlight plays that they put into their reel to get the college's attention, and.
Speaker 7: They're going to do when they show up and you're not doing that in real life.
Speaker 1: Try to fake it till you make it. I mean, was the best I could say, Sabrina. But most of them are just gonna get busted and then the school's gonna go what gives you know, but that the football recruits are figuring out how to use AI to fabricate fake highlight plays, and there's even examples of this online where it's like these are all made with AI and it looks legitimate, like a high school football game and an amazing reception, and the college might be like, Okay, let's get that guy. He's going to be amazing. Let's put them on our team. And it looks even like blurry, like a crappy quality, like a lower quality footage that you might have at one of these games.
Speaker 2: But it's all fake.
Speaker 1: And now they have to be hyper aware of this or maybe even make sure that they're seeing this stuff in person before they end up investing in any of these players, because all the plays you're seeing, if you're watching right now on YouTube, all fake, just completely.
Speaker 2: And totally fake.
Speaker 1: I'll put this up on see it now as well when we go to break here in just a moment, so you can see what's going on there. All right, we have more time for you today and that means we want you to join us on the show.
Speaker 2: How do you do that?
Speaker 1: As I said, if you go to the Newsjunkie dot com, you'll see where you can send in what we call a dispatch record yours right now. Maybe you love the show maybe you hate the show. Hopefully you love the show, but I want to hear from you, so get those dispatches in before the end of the show today. Go to the news junkie dot com on your phone, your laptop, anything.
Speaker 2: With a microphone right now to join the show.
Speaker 1: Today when we come back, final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut. And today I wanted to wrap everything up for a Friday that is coming up next on the news Junkie New Secret Show drops today. If it's after five pm, it's up. If it's before five pm, it's almost up. Go get it when it goes live at five pm over on the news junk key dot com. And there are five of those gifted subs left. There was one hundred and twenty five gifted subs a record earlier.
Speaker 2: And what that means is you can claim those for free.
Speaker 1: Somebody gifted them and you can claim a subscription to Secret Shows good for a month. You can watch the shows, you can listen, you can do all that stuff. You can even get an ad free live stream when we're streaming live, you can you can stream the Secret Shows on on Thursdays at eight pm. All of the features of the website are unlocked when you have that, and to claim one when somebody gifts it like sun State, John, did you just go to the news junky dot com. You see the alert on top. There you go, four left. Those are going to go in like two seconds, so claim them now. New show as always, Friday, five p m. Okay, now let's see what we got here. On the way out, I want to see if there's any emails worth mentioning that I need to get in here, somebody says Brian to tips at the newsyunky dot com. Hey, guys, I drive a white van for doing drywall. The color hides the compound better, so please stop with the white van shaming.
Speaker 7: Thank you man. That's decades long.
Speaker 2: Think good luck. Yes, that's too late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is not one of those things where you could just go, hey guys, we're not going to do this anymore, the white van being a danger van.
Speaker 2: Yeah, old, Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people who believe that you're not going to be able to undo that one.
Speaker 2: I don't think and any other emails here. Okay, that'll have to do it for right now.
Speaker 1: Let's go over to our final dispatches and get everything lined up.
Speaker 2: For the end of the show. Today, here we go these on the final dispatches, but Sean will probably only play true true. All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: We're going to get to you on the way out. And that's especially true if your name is Concrete.
Speaker 2: Mike. Here's Concrete Mike chiming in on the show.
Speaker 18: Happy Day News Show crew. Hey, man, I'm out of point with this AI nonsense. I don't believe anything I see true. I'm even questioning the own videos that I've recorded myself that I've posted, if it's real or not.
Speaker 2: It is getting ridiculous. I don't know if you need to question that far, but yeah, I do understand.
Speaker 5: Maybe he was pretty hammered when he recorded the videos and he doesn't remember the thing happening anything.
Speaker 2: Maybe AI had something to.
Speaker 13: Do with it.
Speaker 1: You just convince yourself afterwards. It's definitely AI. That's one hundred percent AI. Here's Swilly. He says, it's Pokemon Day.
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 2: Everybody happy today? Hey, today is Pokemon Day. Thank God.
Speaker 19: Thirty years ago a little kid, my parents got me the old game Boy with Pokemon Red version, and I've been a hardcore nerd ever since.
Speaker 2: My favorite Pokemon is Garrettos.
Speaker 19: He's like a same big, angry sea monster looking guy.
Speaker 2: Anyway, have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay, I wonder what the difference is between pokemon Mania when everybody was playing everybody was playing Pokemon Go. You guys remember when that just exploded everywhere and now, like, what what was the is the difference?
Speaker 8: Like, still amazing many people, but it's definitely a solid group.
Speaker 2: That is millions, right, millions of people are still playing like those games.
Speaker 8: I would imagine still playing the game Boy games and whenever else was available back in the day in Nintendo sixty four that weird like photo one where you just do a tour and take pictures of Pokemon to get points or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a good time. Yeah. Oh see, I never played a Pokemon You never played Pokemon Go? No, I don't. I may have downloaded it. I don't even know that I did that.
Speaker 1: In July of twenty sixteen, okay, when this thing appssolutely exploded, Pokemon Go there were over two hundred million monthly active users, and now I think that's down to about twenty eight million, So it's like a tenth of the people who used to play. Sometimes you know it's even lower than that, but that's still that's still unbelievable. I mean, twenty thirty million people you might have playing Pokemon Go. Still it might be one tenth of what it was at at its peak, it's still bigger than almost any other.
Speaker 2: Games out there. It's really significant. I know in that world.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are just waiting right now, and the countdown is on for the big Grand Theft Auto release, which is allegedly coming up in November.
Speaker 2: Of this year. Yeah, okay, we'll see.
Speaker 1: And that's been changed and canceled so many times it's kind of hard to track at this point. But I saw something yesterday that somebody had ceiling. You have to tell me if this is new or not, but somebody was going off, what are the features for the new Grand Theft Auto. And when you're in a car, you have a radio station, just like people are listening to this show, many of them on right now, and you could change the radio dial to whatever you want.
Speaker 2: And listen to all sorts of different stuff. Was that there before?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 2: Was okay, Well you didn't know this.
Speaker 5: This was like there was a bunch of radio people that like got guest spots on Grand Theft Auto, like that they just like did fake radio shows or did fake DJ shifts and like acted like they were talking about things that were going on in Vice City and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: And then one of the.
Speaker 5: GTAs that I played a lot, that I got on Xbox. It was like the first time that you could load your own music onto the Xbox. So like, I just like got a couple CDs of stuff that I liked and ripped them down on the Xbox and then you could listen to that in your car driving around Y City, shooting up pokers and stuff.
Speaker 2: This has to cost them so much money, though.
Speaker 1: This is allegedly the list of people whose music will be on the new Grand.
Speaker 2: Theft Auto game.
Speaker 1: Oh Yeah, Dua Lipa, Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, The Weekend, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Bruno, Mars, Miley Cyrus, Billie Eilish, Harry Styles, Halsey, the Neighborhood. Like these are the biggest people going, and there's a whole bunch of these huge pop stars that.
Speaker 2: Is got be that's just pop. It must be because that the Empire of the Sun, I know them.
Speaker 1: Spears, Madonna, jay Z, Kanye West, like this is rap now, nas jay Z and andrere Ice Cube fifty cent eminem So it's like everybody who's anybody Latin has Bad Bunny Daddy, Yankee, Shakira, every single category. You can think guns and Roses for rock, a CDC, Metallica. So they have like reformat all the biggest artists and that music is featured in the world of Grand Theft Auto. It's pretty astonishing, but it must be incredibly expensive. Although what's expensive when you're making as much money as they make off of those games? Yeah, because they are is released if it comes out in November. Sabrina like the amount of money they stack with these things. What's a video game cost these days? One hundred bucks?
Speaker 2: No, I think that they're worried.
Speaker 5: There were some gamers that were concerned that this might be the first video game that cost one hundred dollars. I don't think there has been one yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how much space is.
Speaker 8: It going to take or people are going to have to like clear out their consoles or get new ones for this to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of people just waiting with baited breath, some of them so crazy that they're even going over to the headquarters in Europe, I think, and like heckling and bothering the people who are making Grand Theft Auto done yet quite a thing.
Speaker 5: GTA five for comparison, which was released in twenty thirteen video game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. What was the There was a number here, four hundred and forty one tracks of licensed music. That's a lot divided over sixteen fake radio stations as well as two talk radio stations. The composers of the score wanted it to accompany the license music as opposed to detract from it.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't know if you guys connect with this like idea, you probably do. There might be some sort of discount given to the copyrights in these situations, because I will never forget when Tony Hawk pro Skater came out, the songs on that video game became big songs with everybody because they were in that video So the.
Speaker 2: Exposure is like very very yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, there was a game that I loved, playing an arcade game, Crazy Taxi. I remember that Crazy They had it at you know some of the bars that would have arcade games and stuff and you could go pick up people and tell you had you had to drive real crazy to get them to their destination and make the most money before your time ran out. But Crazy Taxis soundtrack was the offspring, and like you licensed that music, but it got exposure because if you're at the bar, if you're at the arcade, you'll all of a sudden start randomly hearing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yah. And I was like, oh, the offspring Crazy Taxes here, let's go a lot of things that are tied to exposure like that. They're maybe they give them like a little bit of a deal. I don't know if they do.
Speaker 1: Over at the Tampa Airport, people were molding, melting down angry because they pretended to ban pajamas.
Speaker 2: I saw the post about this.
Speaker 1: They were joking around and they were saying that they were banning pajamas at the Tampa Airport.
Speaker 5: I didn't see it as banning pajamas, but I saw some posts that it's supposed to be from the Tampa Airports social media, and it was something to the tone of like, come on, guys, let's grow up. You know, we don't need to wear pajamas in the airport anymore. I didn't I didn't see it as like a new rule or something.
Speaker 7: Doing stuff like that, like social jokes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they mean they like they post funny stuff and then people get caught up.
Speaker 5: And speaking of airports, did you see I sent it to tips and your Gmail. But the guy that was spotted in the Orlando airport, I did not get to this in this week in Florida. But he wore a shirt specifically for TSA. It's only hold on a lot to scroll through there A gifted subs.
Speaker 1: Quite a few gosh, I know that you said, whether it is Chris Lane?
Speaker 2: Okay, and this.
Speaker 5: Guy just dressed specifically to get felt up by TSA says, it's not gay.
Speaker 2: If it's TSA. Is this real?
Speaker 1: He actually had this onto the airs. I wonder how often TSA gets stuff like this. Can't beat that off.
Speaker 2: I mean a shirt just for TSA. Yeah, this is a guy go through the airport.
Speaker 1: The Tampa Airport says, after successfully banning crocs and giving everybody the amazing opportunity to experience the world's first CROs free airport, it's time to take on an even larger crisis. Pajamas at the airport in the middle of the day and at least some people fell pray to.
Speaker 2: Them and not being serious about this. So there it is, and that's going to have to do it for today.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you everybody, appreciate you for hanging out with us. We'll do it all over again next week. I promise you that much. Right now, let's get the hell out of here. Let's do today. I learned the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 2: So don't get cocky.
Speaker 12: Now it's time what.
Speaker 3: We call today.
Speaker 1: It is todaylor for a Friday, February twenty seventh, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Today learn the man who created this thing. I'm a jig hey Game of Thrones George R. R. Martin.
Speaker 1: He also is famous for being the first person ever to buy the first ticket to the first Comic Con back in nineteen sixty four, Wow, when the event was attended by only a few hundred people at that time. If there's anybody out there who's a Game of Thrones fan, I have heard good things the New One man about the New One Nights something.
Speaker 2: I've heard good things.
Speaker 1: I've heard that it's cool and it's a kind of throwback to Game of Thrones, Hit me up?
Speaker 2: Is it worth it? Should I should? I check it out?
Speaker 8: The other thing about it, though, like no record holding amount of dogs?
Speaker 2: Oh really the last amount.
Speaker 7: Of dogs you'll see on television.
Speaker 2: Wiener, Game of Wiener. That's what I was like. So that that's like in the tradition of Game of Thrones. Oh oh, notice and soft not erecre We.
Speaker 1: Not been frightened to show a whole bunch of human skin on that show today. Learn speaking of that human bone is as strong as steel, but fifty times lighter pound for pound. Our bones are actually four times stronger than concrete, which means.
Speaker 2: They weren't when I stuck my toe on that brick. What a pussy.
Speaker 1: We can make a bone building if we really wanted to. The human bone is composed of thirty one percent water, four times stronger than concrete, and makes up fourteen percent of your body weight. If you want to tell somebody you're big boned, now you know today learn this show.
Speaker 2: Home Improvement. Hey, that's right.
Speaker 1: Home improvement aka what are a lot of people call this tool time?
Speaker 2: Tool time?
Speaker 1: Tool time to show within the show on Home Improvement. Home Improvement was part of the part of al Borlan, who was like the sidekick to Tim Allen on that I don't think so Tim. The part of al Borland was to be played by Stephen Tobolowski. Interesting, but he had a issue and they were trying to make it work and at the last minute Richard Carnes sat next to an agent who was at traffic school with him and he goes, you're an actor, Hey, I got a part. You should look into this at traffic school, he tells him about this. He became al in home improvement because of that. And finally today I learn this lady right here who'll be on the GTA soundtrack, Billiland. Billie Eilish is correct. Billie Eilish was born into the entertainment industry. This says she grew up in la with her parents being successful actors. Her brother was in the music industry, and she joined the La Children's Chorus at just.
Speaker 2: Eight years old.
Speaker 1: It's in the family and inner bones in the Strongbones. Her brother wrote her debut song for her when she was just thirteen years old. Thank you so much for hanging out with us today. We'll see you next time, Monday, same time, same place. Missten as the show get the podcast at THETHEWS Junkie dot com. We'll see you next time.
Speaker 3: Everybody says, right.
Speaker 15: The sun
Speaker 2: You don't show