Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros In Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas.
Speaker 2: Terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith the pipes, the pipes, the pie. Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Patrose Papadakus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: That's that's not cool.
Speaker 4: Maybe she had huge nipples. Jag bag, jag jag bag.
Speaker 2: It is so hopped.
Speaker 4: It's so hopped.
Speaker 2: Let me walk in like a rooster. I am stalin.
Speaker 1: Seven innings, nine strikeouts, winning game one.
Speaker 5: Whoa, that's right, snail Zilla baby.
Speaker 2: We don't fall in love with a woman through her good character. You know, sometimes she hit the button, sometimes you hit the gong gong me you expect thro Somebney five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app making our way until seven o'clock.
Speaker 1: Making my way back to you girl with a burning love inside.
Speaker 2: Brian Baldinger will join us in just a minute. A reminder we are your home of the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers. That is why David Besse will be joining us at the back end of this hour. You heard him right there, walking in like a rooster, as he will have Dodger Talk tonight when we hop off at seven night Animal Dick Deitch exactly right, Dick Ditch. More on that. In the moment, we will be at BJ's restaurant in brew House. Let me walk in like Thursday in Cerritos, three to seven pm. We have a slew of prizes, many of them sitting in front of us right now. The Chargers justin Herbert Jersey, a Chargers hoodie, a Chargers cap. We have got bobbleheads, one worth quite a bit of money that we're still debating whether or not we're going to give it away for one of our listeners to put up on eBay, versus us putting it up on eBay and getting the one hundred to two hundred and fifty dollars based.
Speaker 1: On which the Avaza Party right could do that Petros and Money pizza party.
Speaker 2: We have got a buffalo trace bar, I would say bar top piece piece. That's a bronze buffalo with a napkin holder. I think it's plastic. That's that's nice solid plastic though, it's good plastic. Plastic. That is good plastic. Right. There also has two bins for you know those little swords and the umbrellas. I love the swords.
Speaker 1: You put one of those swords to it olives, right, you drop that your bloody talk about high end and you can put the sort across the top of the glass of the bloody to go all the way down in there pulling out. So, uh, maybe a little bacon on the olive. That is one of We have a Nash tray. We have CDs and an Admiral Akbar mask.
Speaker 2: We got a lot going on we do. That's Thursday three to seven, a four hour show. We're going to watch the semi final playoff game together, Uh, the Miami versus Old Miske. We're gonna get the first quarter in I'd say even more than that, yeah, at least the first Yeah, so looking forward to that. We'd love to see you. Frank Yoki Yama is going to be there. We're going to bring the proclamation if you haven't seen it, so you can like.
Speaker 1: The ark of the Covenant, right take a picture with our picture with us.
Speaker 2: It's a great town exactly.
Speaker 1: A real football analyst joining us right now on your Southern California Toyota Dealer, Celebrity Hotline, NFL Network, NFL Total Access, part of the Resurgence of the Duke Blue Devils half there and El Money as Baldinger.
Speaker 2: Oh that Baldy NTL Instagra, it's his travel budget at prints Money.
Speaker 1: Baldi on NFL Instagram, Compass Media, NFL films, all his socials.
Speaker 2: Oh, he kills it. Nobody grinds tape like Baldi.
Speaker 1: Nobody in fact, if you look out back of NFL films, it's a bunch of ground doown tape.
Speaker 2: It's like powder. He's grinding down so hard it is.
Speaker 1: Brian Baldinger on the Petrosen Money Show, a real football analyst, the Toxin football on a seventy LA sports. Let's cracking, Baldi, How are you well?
Speaker 4: Keep going?
Speaker 3: Petros Like I'm enjoying this man that says, there's a lot of fun listening to this stuff.
Speaker 2: You deserve it.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm great, could join you guys, been a little while man, could hear couldn't hear your voices on the radio today?
Speaker 1: Well, it's great to hear from you, Baldi. And first and foremost, it's been a fun season watching NFL football. And because Matt is your Charger guy and we have Charger game games here on our cluster. As a former man of the offensive line, are you so super surprised that the Chargers have done what they have done this year, won as many games as they've won without those two tackles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm surprised.
Speaker 3: I mean they've kind of tobbled it together, Bobby Hart and Jamary Sawyer and Trey and you know, the group of guys that they've put out there, you know, I mean they've but you know, I mean the quarterback is as tough as it can be, and he's endured a lot of hits and uh, you know, his movement's been really good. So I mean you got to really credit the quarterback who you know, at least at the start of the season, when I saw everybody at the Hall of Fame game in uh In in Ohio this year, you know, I thought that they'd have a real chance. Especially I thought maybe my Kai Beck team could really make a difference. You know, I guess maybe not, but you know there was there was high hopes.
Speaker 4: Let's say that. So you know, I collapsed pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: But the quarterback's been tough as to be, so you know, he's he's a real credit to the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Let's start with that, Baldi when I know you've already dug into it. You've seen the teams a bunch. What is this matchup like between the Patriots at and the Chargers? Do you think one team has an edge over the other? Is it a decided edge? How tight is this contest? What are we looking at?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, just be Drake Mayes first. You know, time into the postseason, he's played outstanding. He doesn't make many mistakes. He's been well coached. Josh McDaniels. It's not Tom Brady's playbook, but there's a lot there's a lot of what they.
Speaker 4: Do and he's he's very, very good. I mean, he doesn't want to run, but he can run. You know.
Speaker 3: He prefers to stay there in the pocket and carve you up. They've had some real home run hitters. This Trayvon Henderson when he was healthy, was real home run hitter there. But you know, and defensively, they've got a great secondary, very good saying. I mean, Gonzalez is as good as anybody in this whole business. But Marcus Jones, you know, Carlton Davis like, they're good. They're really good secondary, and so they don't give up a lot of big plays.
Speaker 4: And so they've they've got certain things. They're not a great.
Speaker 3: Pass rushing team, but they've got certain elements that are really good at what they do. And they they've had a soft schedule. They've benefited by that when they've seen tough teams.
Speaker 4: They've had some.
Speaker 3: Tough times, but the record is pretty shiny because they don't they don't full around with bad teams. They put them away and they're gonna see a good, solid team, you know, with the Chargers this weekend.
Speaker 4: It'll probably be the best test they've had in a while.
Speaker 2: Well, the I don't know if it's a product of it being a lopsided affair between the Rams and the Panthers, but it does seem like the Rams conversation going into the postseason is not about a march to the Super Bowl right now. But about Matthew Stafford deserving the MVP over Drake May So, I guess I'll just start right there. When you look at those two candidates, it does seem like it's a two horse race. Which way do you think it's gonna go and and which guy would have your vote?
Speaker 3: I'm so give it to Stafford. I mean, you know, they've had a tougher schedule. You're playing in the NFC West. You know, you've got tough games every single week. You're playing in the AFC East, and you've got the Jets, and you've got, you know, a pretty weakend Dolphins team, and you know, I mean, I think there's a difference in the schedule, you know, and it's not just slight one guy or the other. But I would even though Stafford had, you know, the rough game against the Atlanta Falcons on national TV, I'd still have to give it to Stafford here.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think that you know, Devonte Adams when he.
Speaker 3: Was healthy, could catch fourteen touching down passes and they never ever practiced once in the preseason, you know, and be able to come out and play and have that type of timing that they've had since Safford didn't do anything in the preseason.
Speaker 4: It's kind of amazing. It's probably the.
Speaker 3: Healthiest that Stafford's been in years to get through the season like he's gotten through it with a lot of backup tackles themselves that they've had to kind of deal with.
Speaker 4: So, you know, I would have to give it to Safford at this point.
Speaker 1: At Baldy NFL for everything you ever wanted to know about football delivered in an entertaining and relatable way. Brian Baldinger, everybody digging on those balls, Uh, Baldi. John Harbaugh gets it. Uh, that's uh. I mean, he's been there a long time, and I guess voices get old. They can't all be Chuck Knowle. But uh, it feels, uh feels kind of sad that that he would get fired after a guy misses a field goal.
Speaker 4: Mmm, I don't you know.
Speaker 3: Look, look, he fired Brian Villick. You know, Brian Billick was a great coach there and won a Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: The whole thing.
Speaker 3: He fired Brian Billick the second year he was there as the owner, and he got the right guy in John Harbaugh, and John was basically special teams coach in Philadelphia. So I'm thinking, you know, Lamar Jackson went backwards this year, didn't play well. Don't know what the relationship is between them, depending on who you you know, what werefore you want to read from.
Speaker 4: But you know, I think maybe it's a good change.
Speaker 3: I mean, I John can flat out coach and he knows how to run an operation, and he had a good run in Baltimore. But I'm not surprised that Steve Mashatti you know, did this. And I don't think it was just because of a kick. Like you know, they haven't you know, they had a home playoff game against Kansas City, you know, two years ago, and they were the favorites and they couldn't do anything in that game.
Speaker 4: And I know that Steve was ticked, really.
Speaker 3: Ticked when they lost to that when they lost to Kansas City. And so, you know, they've had opportunities, you know, to advance and to win and they haven't been able to do it, you know, with you know, with elite players and Derrick Henry and Lamar Jackson and you know, all the.
Speaker 4: Things that they've had and they haven't been able to get you know, over the hump.
Speaker 3: So I think he's thinking maybe maybe a different coach, a different voice he get them over the hump.
Speaker 2: What would be the voice if they if Tom Brady calls you up and says, look, I'm doing games every week, Baldy, just like you. Who do I hire to be the next head coach of the Raiders. What would be a good fit there with that number one pick for Ernando Mendoza coming in Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, if you just wanted to develop your quarterback and Cliff Kingsbury can develop a quarterback and build an offense around him, that.
Speaker 4: I would talk to.
Speaker 3: I would talk to talk to Cliff, you know, maybe maybe he's your head coach, maybe he's your offensive coordinators available. I know that, so you know, he's he's had a string from Johnny Manziel to Patrick Mahomes and Jaydon Daniels, and he's had a good string of Baker Mayfield. He's coached a lot of great quarterbacks, you know, over the last fifteen years. So I would have you know, if I had Fernando Mendoza coming in there, I might want to talk to a guy that actually, you know, backed Tom Brady up for a year in New England, or a couple of years and uh, you know, picked his brain about it.
Speaker 2: Is that a desirable job? Baldy the with with Tom Brady because you know, I mean, it's crazy that the stat when I saw it, it kind of takes you when you see it. For they will be the fourth head coach to open a season for the fourth consecutive year. Is what the Raiders are getting into here.
Speaker 3: Well, the roster has a lot to be desired, and they're you know, I understand that maybe the defensive coordinator Patrick Graham is saying defense has been a big part of the issue there, But what I don't see is great individual improvement. Brockbauer was a good player coming out of Georgia. He went backwards this year. Of course he got hurt. But you just don't see a players that get drafted there get developed there. You still see I mean, you go through a list of all the guys that they drafted, which guys you know, you know, have developed into better players over a period of time. They just haven't had that draft and development process there. And some of that is the coaching, some of it is the leadership, some of who's a GM, but you just don't see players developed there.
Speaker 4: With the Raiders.
Speaker 3: The only guy that's probably developed, and it's because of the way he's wired, is Max Crosby.
Speaker 1: Well, he's wired in a certain kind of way. Our friend Brian Baldinger. Nobody is better. Do you see anything weird happening with the Rams in Charlotte or do you think they just blow through that like most people expect.
Speaker 3: I saw I saw Charolnta two weeks ago against Seattle, and they were dreadful. But I know, you know, I know the Rams went there a couple of weeks ago and they got beat and so Bryce Young threw two touchdown passes. They were good, you know, good throws, and they beat I don't think they've got great corners, you know, And so that's the weakness there. But there's no reason why the Rams shouldn't go there and and chalk up a victory and get to the division round. There's no none, There's no reason not to go there and take care of business.
Speaker 4: And that's why I expect them to do.
Speaker 3: I expect that this is going to be the one game out of division, out of this wildcard weekend where it's going to be a blowout game.
Speaker 4: That's that's what it looks like to me right now.
Speaker 2: The Great Bought Bryan. You can follow him on Instagram. Baldy NFL is the handle great film breakdowns there every single day. You hear them on the calls, you see them on NFL network. Always great. When we get a chance to nobody grind exactly right, Nobody the Great Brian Baldmeer, We appreciate it. Baldy be good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, have a good trip to New England. Their money, Thank you, pet You guys, don't.
Speaker 1: Worry, I don't go anywhere. Thank you, Brian the Great Brian Baldinger. Everybody bringing on those balls once again on the Petro Send Money Show.
Speaker 2: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you.
Speaker 1: Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple car Play or Android Auto.
Speaker 2: Petro some Money, AM five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Tomorrow Flexiler clips Nick. The clips are hot.
Speaker 1: They have one seven of eight after knocking off the Warriors by a single point last.
Speaker 2: Bow Wow Wow Yippo hipA snoop Dog.
Speaker 1: I'll scratch you off my balls with my paws cause.
Speaker 2: Thursday will be in Cerritos. Come see us at the BJYS. It is the second flea market, Swap Meet, garage yard sale event of the Petros and Money Shows live BJ's Restaurant and brew House appearance.
Speaker 1: I want it to be empty here like that Will Smith Meme looking at the living room.
Speaker 2: And it's yeah, we got some work to all for that. Yeah, we're getting there. We are. This is a garage sale, yard sale Swap Meet Part two three to seven pm and Sorito's at the BJ's Restaurant and brew House right off the six oh five at South Street. In the bullpen. There's a fancy looking arcade looking game thing that says.
Speaker 1: Ikd I believe on there's a iPad on there and that you can kind of connect it.
Speaker 2: That seems kind of stupid.
Speaker 1: We'll give it away, all right, Okay, So I mean if we don't want it, well, I don't think it is compatible with.
Speaker 2: Somebody's gonna want it. Doesn't matter. I think it is.
Speaker 1: Somebody will take it and figure it out. Have some faith. There's magic in the night.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Don't forget to podcast the show indeed on the iHeartRadio app we will be back on tomorrow at one o'clock. So that is a flex alert because the clippers who are hot, we will handle them, are playing early. All right, matt Uh. The other day I heard a great Michael McDonald's on. It wasn't the ones that you usually hear. It was more obscure, and it was from a movie. And I know you know it because you're older. Just a little eh, sweet freedom, Oh, come on, shine the light on me, Running Scared, nineteen eighty six film Noir Corner, Film Noir Corner.
Speaker 6: They'll be too sure.
Speaker 4: I'm as as I'm supposed to be.
Speaker 7: I sort a reputation might be good business.
Speaker 1: Here is again Petrols Underrated film nineteen eighty six, Chicago, once again, Running Scared. How about the cuticles on that Caleb Williams and the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 2: Caleb's being kayleb, you know, and that goes a long way when you're comfortable in your own skin.
Speaker 1: A modern day what is Colin Cowherd and Caleb Williams the white and black buddy cops of current day Chicago? Back then, in the eighties, we had Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines. Nobody was hotter than Hines. In the mid eighties, Hines was hot, and there's a reason hot. He's a talented man. I can dance, he can dance, he can perform. He's funny. This is the cop buddy action comedy that is forgot, and it's sad.
Speaker 2: Heavyweights.
Speaker 1: Billy Crystal, number one, Clipper Fan, Steven Bauer, Manolo from Scarface, a young Jimmy Smith's our friend Joey Pants from the Bill's Holiday Movie. Certainly, and this Michael McDonald's song is glorious, Sweet Freedom, Sweet Friend.
Speaker 2: Gregory Hines wears a scarf.
Speaker 1: Billy wears a black Hawks jersey.
Speaker 2: They fuss, bad guys, They have unbelievable You.
Speaker 1: Have one cop who's five foot two, the other finest tap dancer in all the land. Billy's hide his addresses and we're gonna take on the South Side of Chicago. He goes so hard, so lots of random punchous throne, lots of random firing of a gun in public.
Speaker 2: Sweet Free a different time. I don't know if it's different in Chicago. No, it's very much the same. Along with the.
Speaker 1: Blackhawks jersey, Billy also wears a Cubs hat and because he's black.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming Hines later in the movie is seen in a white sox. It's a very segregated city. There's no doubt.
Speaker 1: That's why the duo, that's why the duo of Crystal and Hines is so important. We just don't experience these kind of buddy cop movies anymore because everything sucks. You can't have Chris Tucker making fun of Chinese Jackie Chan. It's it's inappropriate.
Speaker 2: No, No, we get what Russell Crowe and Ryan Gostling and it sucks. That was not a bad movie. Actually kind of went pretty good. We don't even get that anymore. No, we really don't.
Speaker 1: In this movie, they go to key West. There's stros beer signs everywhere. The best makes.
Speaker 2: You pride for a different time. I mean, when you can get a beer with cursive riding on the can, you got it.
Speaker 1: At one point, Grant Hines, where's a Walter Payton Jersey. They buy a business in Key West because they have to lay low because it gets too hot in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Spock got hot.
Speaker 1: They try to retire, but then then they come back to bust the villain. And when they come back, that's when Greg wears the white Sox hat and I'm I go Black Guy and White Sox after the grind of the holiday season, Matt, this movie just steal away to Keeg West with Greg Hines and Billy c and then watch a five to two guy hook up with hot chicks like it's no thing. We're like four to eleven. I'm still pleased about it. The bad guy in this movie, Jimmy Smith, fires a lot of Uzzie's as well, and UZI was big best gun out.
Speaker 2: No doubt mid eighties. Think about what you kids know to be aks as the villain's weapon of choice. That was uz in the.
Speaker 1: Eighties and they said they would identify it. This is an oozy just so you knew. There's a car chase on the l.
Speaker 2: That's a subway track for you that may not know Chicago.
Speaker 1: Ye Sweet Freedom, what a movie running Scared Crystal, the Clippers haven't prooved and tap dancing Greg Hines, God rest his soul. I missed the past and this is a good one to take you back to me. Great song Oh you can't Oh, and the video we're hiring it. Yeah, And they're all hanging out at the bar and Key West taking shots, hanging out with chicks doing funny stuff.
Speaker 2: Son, you tie it in. Man, We're gonna tie the music video into that. The whole soundtrack, and the actors are willing to participate.
Speaker 1: The whole soundtrack is Legend's got new addition on there. Here is the scene where Gregory Hines and Billy Crystal are accident. Well, some guy, two guys with little twenty two is trying to mug them, not knowing this is hard.
Speaker 6: Give me your money.
Speaker 4: What you hurt me?
Speaker 6: Give me your money.
Speaker 4: Hey, man, don't you you're mugging us.
Speaker 8: I don't believe this.
Speaker 1: You better believe it or give us your money.
Speaker 2: Oh no, all right, they take this.
Speaker 9: It's full of money.
Speaker 8: No no, no, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Don't with me.
Speaker 1: Man. We want your cash, not your luggage.
Speaker 3: All right, you can take your cash, but we need the wallence.
Speaker 2: We want it all hurry.
Speaker 8: Oh come on, let us keep the driver's licenses and the snapshots.
Speaker 5: And on badges.
Speaker 1: Caps.
Speaker 8: All right, what do you think We all weigh uniforms. We all drive around the cars and say police on them.
Speaker 6: Look see, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: Under arrest.
Speaker 8: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do is say will be used against you. You have the right to an attorney.
Speaker 1: Can you give me your guns?
Speaker 6: You can have the cash, but we got to keep the guns.
Speaker 8: No, I don't want to be responded to a sprang into the hands of coffee shot now, fellows, this is just me talking. But I would rather get shot with one of those fists and twenty two's than with my thirty eighth.
Speaker 4: Now you're already under arrest.
Speaker 2: Don't make it any worse.
Speaker 8: I go shoot your ass pointing a gun and a police officer.
Speaker 2: Can we waste them for that?
Speaker 4: I think so?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I they do.
Speaker 1: They try to shoot these guys. They don't kill them, but they shoot you at home.
Speaker 6: It's the educational system.
Speaker 8: No, the new math tries the nuts right to the streets.
Speaker 10: Ready, there's a hardcore shootout, running scared.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that you missed all six shots? Were you talking about it? I hit the windshew six times in a row. No, No, excuse me, sir, all six of mine hit.
Speaker 4: I don't know where the hell you were.
Speaker 2: I'm the one who made him swarve. Oh you made him swart? Yes, you always aim low anyway. Oh, let's do HiPE jokes now, right, that's really good. The sick you Got, the whole crash, the fire, High Street, the water, come on, can't beat it.
Speaker 1: I watched this movie and I felt like John Hayman, I can't boy boy.
Speaker 2: I loved it, the stuff of legend.
Speaker 1: We always do two movies for the noir, so we do have another. Matt and I promise you haven't seen this one. Okay, dog Watch nineteen ninety six. Don't believe I've seen it.
Speaker 2: Sam Elliott. I love Sam Elliott. Who does it? Paul Sorvino, of Paul Sorvino. May he rest in peace. East I Morales talked about him yesterday. I told you to hold your horses. He's out of Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: This movie was described as a bargain basement bad lieutenant according to TV Guide, that Sam Elliott could.
Speaker 2: Not save, but man he tries. He always does.
Speaker 1: Sam Elliott is a craze, tough San Francisco cop investigating his partner's murder, uncovering ugly secrets about himself and others. This movie opens with a beating to death and a stripper being an accessory and a.
Speaker 2: Murder way to set the tone, and.
Speaker 1: It's based on nineties San Francisco, which we can all get beyond. Whoever thought it could get worse When you're in the nineties, you're like, wow, there's a lot of mobilists and a lot of poop, and then and then Learin is really something. It really it just exploded here.
Speaker 2: It's great now, though full of hurt buster Posey.
Speaker 1: Elliott's character lives at North Beach in a very hardcore and he's racist towards the Japanese. Based on World War Two, which you still got a lot of back in the ninety This movie has good North Beach action and it has the Dad.
Speaker 2: From the Wonder Years. He's one of the bad guys. Oh that guy's got a big head. Yeah, he sure does real block.
Speaker 1: After you watch Running Scared like I did, you can decompress with dog Watch from nineteen ninety six, ending in a classic Chinatown shootout in an alley and some very good sad horns throughout this movie.
Speaker 2: But this film was not good or well made now, so it wasn't even a bargain basement that the.
Speaker 1: Time we're gonna be you know, you're gonna make your own decisions. It's subjective, but uh, just in the beginning, I knew it was a little because they're eating Chinese food and Sam Elliott's going on and on about the Japanese and how these people ruined our lives, like well Chinese, you know, like but they're referring to the Chinese food like it's the same as the Japanese, and it's like, no, but here we go.
Speaker 9: You know, one of these days you can show Okay, Charlie, that's the truth.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 9: You were right. He will sambo here.
Speaker 6: And never all right, tell me some of the duck suck. Okay, what you're listening. I'm listening. Sure you're listening, Charlie.
Speaker 2: I'm listening. It's the last pack of the ducks.
Speaker 4: Fuss, that's it.
Speaker 9: These people are wanting the damn or Sam. Sure man, we dropped the bomb on walked away with a wind, chyl They own't half the goddamn tuntry.
Speaker 7: And I'm talking real estate cars. They make better cars. They make better cars, Charlie.
Speaker 6: Some of the rash I'm.
Speaker 7: Going out and buy a christ will just have a breakdown up to two months.
Speaker 6: It's freezing, Sam ha bit Charlie.
Speaker 7: It's good for the gums and the cost. Fact they make better cars that cost less. You see what Detroit is putting out for that kind of money, garbage.
Speaker 9: Your wife and kids are gonna wake up someday and find a Jap standing in your house telling you you gotta get.
Speaker 2: Out your nuts.
Speaker 9: You'll see taking over the car industry. Buy from the Jets, are seven or sold or devil?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was a different time. There's still some World War two to try us, you know, while eating Chinese food, and that was not for.
Speaker 1: Best anybody on this set. That's like, hey guys, the Chinese food. Talking about the Japanese is not the same. We'll be back there. You go, though, Run and Scared, which I would suggest everybody see, and dog Watch, which I would also suggest everybody see. And then we'll be right back with David Vassa promoting Dodger Talk coming up at seven. Hello, PMS listener. Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's Rogan and.
Speaker 1: Ronde, that one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David vasse, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all, and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports. On the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Petro somebody Am five seventy LA Sports Love Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app going until seven pm tonight, A full three to seven show tomorrow Flex Alert for Clipper basketball as they take on the Knicks at Madison Square Garden. We will be on from one to three thirty, so you will have Clippers basketball all evening long. However, tonight, this evening, following a four hour Petros and Money installment, Dodger Talk with Climb.
Speaker 7: Now, somebody who was barbecuing said, oh Lord, Jesus is a far on stove talk.
Speaker 2: And then the smoke gat me got brug G saying that's on the line.
Speaker 1: He's got well Climb tonight on Dodger tom World Series Hero. I'm joining us right now on your Southern California Tell You to Dinner Celebrity Hotline.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: David Massey started to fight at Disneyland, or at least he was involved in that big fight over the week and he was at Disneyland in the rain and the tempers were flaring.
Speaker 2: I heard he ran to security and said, I am a witness, and there there's I'm a witness. Some people think the guy trying to cut in line and deserve to get beaten. And some people think the guy is just trying to catch up with his family because he got some corn dogs. Remains to be seen.
Speaker 1: David Vass with Dodger Talk tonight and also this time of year, the number one ra ambassador because his Raider team only won three games. Here he is our own MLB network, Spectrum Sportsnet, but the hottest reporter in all of baseball.
Speaker 2: David Vass on the Petrosen Money Show.
Speaker 5: Hi Dave, Hi, guys, Happy New Year, Happy twentieth anniversary.
Speaker 2: Thank you David.
Speaker 5: I was at disney Land over the weekend and I did not try to start a fight, but I thought about it a few different times. And I have a laundry list of Larry David type of pet peeves that we could say for another.
Speaker 4: Day at Disneyland.
Speaker 2: You didn't see the fight.
Speaker 5: I did not see the fight. When you have lightning lane, you don't. You don't hang out with those type of.
Speaker 2: People's lightning lane. Look at that. That's coming out of pocket. A big year for the man, a lot of TV work. Someone got a playoff share, Nice Dave.
Speaker 5: We don't get to go to Bermuda, like you guys during the summer. So that's where my family sucks my money.
Speaker 2: Out Bermuda, Bermuda.
Speaker 1: I haven't left the state other than the work for years for Muda. All right, Dave, let's talk about your I mean, I don't know. The stove is not hot, you.
Speaker 2: Know, it's not hot like simmer and you got a little little little pot of water simmering on the back burner there, Pingolore and schoolbol.
Speaker 1: Is that still a baby Boba Schett you know, you guys, that's still a thing.
Speaker 2: Let's start with.
Speaker 5: Scoob Yeah, you guys should not have taken the hook line and sinker when it came to the Pingalore breaking news so called breaking news. He gets what you over over the break. Spoke to somebody in the Scoobowl camp and they just told me that it doesn't make sense for the Tigers to trade him before the season starts because they would just be waving the white flag to their fan base and they're trying to win. Not to mention, the team that would unload basically their farm system for school ball would hurt their leverage and retaining Schooble when he hits free agency, because Scott Boris has been through this before with Garrit Cole and the Astros, and his perceived market value for Schooball is going to be more than what anybody believes right now. So there is a stronger possibility that Schooble's traded at the deadline if the Tigers are out of it. But I would not hold my breath that he's being traded before the season. And that doesn't mean the Dodgers, the Mets, and other teams haven't tried to persuade the Tigers with whatever they've offered or whatever they met at the winter meetings. But as I've maintained, it seems far fetched that the Tigers would trade him before the year starts.
Speaker 2: So, Dave, if we are to grace the fields in Glendale, Arizona, perhaps with our new boss Brian long here sending us out there for a little Dodger spring training coverage, and we see the ping bite your tom and we see the pain walking around. Uh, we obviously have lost some respect for him. What what led me? What led to the paying posted those tweets? And then and they start to get a little bit of traction, What what led to not only his tweets, But the fact that some people are like, well, you know, actually that was kind of a thing about two weeks.
Speaker 5: Ago, right because he said it was such conviction. But you know, honestly, you never saw Jeff Passing or John Hayman or anybody like that that is really plugged in confirmed those reports or say anything was close to happening. So it's just I mean, you would have to ask him those questions. I would hope, Uh, maybe you want to put him on the show. Maybe you want to put him on.
Speaker 1: He had to come on. He said he was available if we needed it. Maybe maybe we see him, you know, maybe we see him on Pink Sports.
Speaker 2: Pink Sports, he texted me.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe ping Sports. That gave you a follow up report that's maybe more credible than mine.
Speaker 2: Right now, he's good.
Speaker 1: But I only got one vote here, you know, and the other guys they're not. They don't seem any pushing for hornstress for that.
Speaker 5: Did you catch school ball making the rounds of Detroit Sports before Christmas? He was at a Michigan State game, he was at a Lions game, and he went to a Red Wings game as well. So you know, that doesn't seem to be a farewell tour for a guy that may or may not know whether or not he's being traded. To me, that seems like a guy that is very much embedded in Detroit sports, at least for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: What about Bashett Dave.
Speaker 5: Bo Baschett, Ken Rosenthal said today, a very credible and reliable source of information said today that he believes that it's very unlikely that Bo Baschett re signs with the Blue Jays after their signing their Japanese infielder Okamoto. It just, he said, it seems less likely because they want to get other players more time, specifically Ernie Clement, and if they resigned Basheed after signing that player, there's not going to be a lot of time for Ernie Clement, who had one of the best postseasons this side of Ladd Junior. So if he's not going back to Toronto, that kind of indicates that Kyle Tucker is very much still in play for Toronto. And Scott Boris was asked today at the press conference why the free agent market hasn't really picked up here, and he pointed the finger directly at Blue Jays GM Ross Atkins, which tells us Ross Atkins needs to make a decision on if he's going to sign Kyle Tucker and what price is he going to set that market at, so everything else can fall in place. So Bob bashed if he's in play and the Blue Jays are not resigning him, the Dodgers make a lot of sense because he could play second base, he could play shortstop, and he also could play third base, and he led the league in hits, he played hurt. He's definitely a right handed bat that's hard to find on this open market.
Speaker 2: What about price, Dave, does that come into play at all for these Dodgers on any of these players. Have we reached that point where the Dodgers can be priced out of a market.
Speaker 5: They cannot be priced out money. It's whether or not they're comfortable with the years the terms of a contract, because they do have a lot of guys locked up for many years. And some would argue, you know, the next five to seven years is their window with Otani being under control for that long. But yeah, as far as dollars go, they are not outpriced. It's about whether or not they believe the terms of the contract. The length of a contract is what they feel comfortable doing. And that's why you're hearing so many reports that the Dodgers are hanging around the quote backboard. If Kyle Tucker does not get the long term, big money deal, if he's thinking about, you know what, I'd rather take a shorter term deal. That's why you're hearing so many people saying Andrew Freeman is hanging around the backboard on guys like that, hanging around What about like said said Sabalis, used to make a living out of that with the Lakers offensive rebounds, putbacks.
Speaker 2: That's a great point by you get out.
Speaker 1: That's what we were all thinking. Uh, Dave, it looks like Kershaw is going to get a job.
Speaker 5: Huh yeah. I guess kate'suh wants wants to know what I think about how he would do as an analyst or a broadcaster.
Speaker 2: He's been talking about it all day.
Speaker 5: I think he could do a great job. There's a reason why he didn't do hardly any pregame television interviews and instead wanted to have the headset on in the middle of innings. I feel like there was a purpose to that too. He was trying to get reps in being a game analyst at the last five years of his career, and I will let you in and pull back to curtain a little bit. Kershaws was you know, he could have had a radio TV column since he was such a critic of every reporter in that clubhouse. He would tell me about what he thought about broadcasters. So to me, he believes he could do a good job. And you know, he does have five kids now, so you know, being a national broadcaster does not entail the day to day grind. He could parachute in for a weekend and go back home and help Ellen out with the kid.
Speaker 2: Mmm. Is that you taking a subtle shot at him that you know, if you parachute in and you just do one series or a game or two, you're not really a broadcaster or a reporter like David Massey who's got to work the grind day in and day out.
Speaker 5: Of the grind, I'm saying it's not it's not as big of a commitment as it would be to be associated with the team and have to broadcast somewhere between eighty and one hundred games.
Speaker 2: Well, he can't do what Dave does. Hello, We love you, Dave.
Speaker 1: Hello, have a great night, and we appreciate all of your contributions. Are you flying out with Kelly and the kids to Carolina with the Rams game?
Speaker 5: Are you talking about the Stafford girls? Stafford?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Stafford girls. Aren't you on the private jet now? Because you're such a rambassador.
Speaker 5: I did try to like sneak into you know when Matthew talks to the three girls, like, hey, hey, matt can I be part of that too?
Speaker 4: But so far no, Dice.
Speaker 2: Well, you know Marcus Allen is trying a one loan Indian tier because of you turning back on the Raiders.
Speaker 5: It was all in with bo Jackson was I never thought Marcus should get off the bench.
Speaker 2: It's like a terrible position to take hot sports takes from the eighties.
Speaker 1: Hello, Dave, have a great night and we'll we'll all enjoy the interview with Will Klein and we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: Thanks for doing it. Okay, there he goes David Shuld. I never punched that guy, Disneyland. No, it's Terrible's just trying to bring food to his family.
Speaker 1: No, Kates feels differently. We've got to have some law. Kate's is filing. We got to have some law.
Speaker 2: Just got one of those giant corn dogs and was like, hey.
Speaker 1: Kate's actually Kate's actually jumped, Kate's vouched for the National Guard to be deployed to Dasney.
Speaker 2: Had to knock everybody around a little bit. Okay, we'll be back. Some food for my son.
Speaker 1: Hey, you don't know what happened. You don't know what happens. We'll be back with more petros and money. On a seventy l A Sports another hour of Great Sports Talk, Quick Sports talkun Fact, Dead and Alive, and then Dodger Talk with Will clin Andassa