Speaker 1: Bill hunting in the Great American Of course, I get a hundred, sometimes thousands of emails a day from various sources. That one stowed out like a sore thumb. When I hear the name of Trumpy and an email, it perks me up and I pay attention. So a few days ago, a young man named Jackson Trumpy sent me an email about living in OTR and what happens in OTR and he doesn't get a whole bunch of concern from the city of Cincinnati because of what's happening in and around Saint Francis Seraph Ministries on the Republic Street right off Liberty in the north end of OTR. And as you know as a listener, I've driven by that area frequently, and I've pointed out on the air and off the air that things don't look good there. That is not kind to have homeless individuals living on the streets, is not kind. To have people that are hungry in sis doing things in garbage cans, is not right. To have the mentally ill living on the streets. And so when this email was sent to me by a young man, twenty six year old Jackson Trumpy, I read it and it goes on to say, I've been a resident of Northern OTR, north of Finley Market for eight months now. I chose to move downtown because I believe in the fun urban atmosphere revitalization happening in OTR. I don't want to be part of the future. However, I want to bring a serious and ongoing public safety threat, in public decency and quality of life to Cincinnatians in general, and Jackson Trumpy. I can say this welcome for the first time to the Bill Cunningham Show and Jackson. First of all me I say that those of us who knew him, those of us who worked with your grandpa Bob Trumpy, have his memories with us often because he taught us so much about radio. And as I said to you off the air, that when he left this earth a few months ago, he left a hole in broadcasting, also a hole in your family. I would ask you, first of all, what was your relationship with your grandpa Bob Trumpy, the Great Number eighty four? And how much do you miss him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for having me on the show.
Speaker 3: It's an honor to be here. Yeah, our whole family misses him a whole lot. We were very close with him. We lived not far away. He lived in Glendale, Ohio, so we visited him quite frequently growing up.
Speaker 2: He used to come to all my games.
Speaker 3: He would never miss a sports game for myself or my sisters. And I really appreciate the kind words that you and your colleague said on seven hundred.
Speaker 2: We were all listening.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, Jackson. I spoke to him a few months before his death. It was about a collateral matter. And his exterior was hard as Chinese calculus, but inside you the heart the size of the state of Texas. And he created sports talk. He did Olympics, he did the Masters, he did the Major League Baseball, football, basket boxing. He was a great broadcaster, recognized he's in the NFL. It got the Peter Roselle Award, for God's sakes, and I followed him for something like ten to fifteen years on this radio station. I learned radio more from him than from anyone else. So whatever success I've had for the past gosh forty three years, the foundation of that success was listening and watching your grandpa, Bob Trumpy. Now let's get onto your column. You talk about the core. The problem is large daily congregations of persons around Saint Francis. Sarah, explain why you sent me this and explain what you have observed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, before I start, I just want to say that I do think Saint Francis Sarah, mynasteries is doing a really good deed and helping those who are in need and cheating hundreds of meals today approximately three point fifty from what I was been told, to those who are struggling with homelessness. It helps create a small measure of stability in some of these people's lives who pretty much face constant uncertainty. And I don't really think that this is of fault of Saint Francis, but the whole issue I think kind of stems around where this is where their site is located here since living in OTR and as you said, when you pass this area on Republic Street, you can look north up Republic Street and there are anywhere from fifty to one hundred people that are just in that alley kind of set up. There is just trash everywhere, and there's been a lot of crime within this one block area. And I just think with the amount of growth and economic development that the city is trying to put in the Northern.
Speaker 2: I believe the location of this.
Speaker 3: Dude pantry is directly hindering the progress of.
Speaker 1: That So Jackson Trumpet, you'd almost call it a failure of compassion. And we need drug treatment facilities, we need alcohol treatment facilities, we need insanity assistance people with mental health problems. And it's not kind, it's not understanding. It's not helpful to have people living on the streets, that have people fornicating on the streets, to have people using drugs on the streets, to have the negative impact on residents like you and workers and visitors, and Northern OTR is directly affected by the location of this homeless and food kitchen. So your idea is to provide those services, but not necessarily in an area in which there are many businesses and people living, correct.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean where the site is located in the heart of revitalization zone that the city and like three CDC are working to bring back to life. However, the crime that goes on around this food pantry is uh, it's it's pretty shocking to say the least. I can recall at least three homicides this year, the latest being on August sixth, twenty twenty five, when a woman was struck in the head by bullet. I went onto the city's website and I actually looked at the crime that's for.
Speaker 4: This singular block.
Speaker 2: Some of the things that I've seen.
Speaker 3: They don't show you all the crimes, but they do list the Uh, there's been six shootings, three of them have been fatal. The other three people were hit and no one, no one died. There's been a total of thirty five different theft reports and for total offenses reported within that area is over eighty and that's just within the singular block of Republic Street and Liberty Street.
Speaker 2: So as you can look up for yourself.
Speaker 3: On the city website, there is a ton of crime and law enforcement assets being sent there all the time.
Speaker 1: And I would assume Jackson Trumpy that the police have told me they're told not to interfere when crimes are being committed because the city doesn't want it to be in They went the statistics to prove one thing. If you seen in uniform scout patrol cars, police in uniform driving by and ignoring this while it's going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I definitely have.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that they're aware of what's going on down there. Again, I don't really think it's St. Francis's fault that this is going on, but I think what they're doing is really good, and as human beings, we have a moral responsibility to help those in need and help them get back on their feet to live a more positive life.
Speaker 2: But I just wanted to bring this.
Speaker 3: Kind of whole thing and shed some light on it because I think myself and a lot of other people that are living in the area notice kind of what's going on there on a daily basis, and I know that people do not feel comfortable walking around that area.
Speaker 2: Just because of all the crime.
Speaker 3: There's just widespread trash, people sleeping in doorways, is I mean, aggressive panhandling, open drug use. If you drive by there and kind of look down that alley, it's not uncommon that you'll see someone doing the typical zombie lean where they're kind of just blumped over like they just did something and it's not a good look. And for the whole growth of the city and the whole initiative for them to get economic growth into Northern OTR, it's just directly hindering that process. Since I moved in in April. There have been very nice renovated storefronts all around this area, and I can't recall any of them being leased like they are all still vacant. No, a lot of the apartment buildings are.
Speaker 2: They have a lot of rooms left.
Speaker 3: And I believe that this problem right here is directly correlated to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your email to met talks about sexual intercourse in the middle of Republic. Street officers and business owners have told me that women and men engage in sexual acts in public on a regular basis. It's simply what occurs. Shot victims and also open air drug use, aggressive harassment, widespread litter, and it's been going on for years and years. I had on a business owner Privy Bar is a few blocks over and they had seven people shot outside the Privy Bar in the month of November. But we're told by the mayor, who by the way, has left town at this point in others that things are better. Your email says to me, Jackson Trumpy, you emailed have to have pureval the city manager, Jean Michelle Kearney, Cca an Albi Victoria Parks. When you get a hold of them for this widespread and you talk about crimes being committed every day, there's dozens and dozens or more crimes being committed, but they don't go on the on the on the blotder because no one's arrested. The police just ignore the crime. Therefore, crime is down by some categories. But when you contact the city officials as the grandson of Bob Trumpy, what respond once do you get of any?
Speaker 3: I mean, they basically just acknowledged my concern. They told me that the ministry is a longstanding, privately owned nonprofit that's been there since the seventies. It is privately owned and they cannot legally force the organization to do anything.
Speaker 2: They told me that they would reach.
Speaker 3: Out to Paint Transis and address the illegal behavior and contacts and tell them to contact POLEPS when necessary. They also told me that my email had been forwarded to the CPD District one Neighborhood Liaison Sergeant right and once he got that email, he would respond to me with information on how they're going to make the situation better and resolve it. I have not heard anything, which is kind of why I wanted to reach out.
Speaker 4: To you, because.
Speaker 3: I just think this issue needs to be addressed, and as a young person living downtown in OTR.
Speaker 4: I feel like.
Speaker 2: We need our voices to be heard as well.
Speaker 1: One might ask why did you agree to move? Why did you go to OTR, Because I assume you know ahead of time, before you moved there, about seven months ago, that what you'd be facing, what was your motivation and putting yourself in that environment, then complaining about it, what's your motivation and going there in the first place.
Speaker 3: Well, I have a decent amount of friends that live downtown. It's a really fun it's a really fun area. You have all the action there. You have the Bangles, the Reds, the FCC. There is a lot of development going on downtown. I also work in Kentucky, so I had to move somewhere that I could be closer to work. My previous drive to work was almost an hour there and back every day. But you can ride the street car to get anywhere. There's a ton of really good restaurants and local festivals and street fairs and many other activities to do, and it's just a fun environment. However, I think that we have this problem just like all other cities do. I just think that we need to be better out of dressing it.
Speaker 1: A friend of mine who works with Saint Francis, Serah said they used to open the doors of the church to allow people inside the church itself. The Franciscans run it, but it got so bad inside the church, those who run the ministry Saint Francis said, we can't do this anymore. There was a urination on floors, on pews, there were sexual acts committed inside the church itself, that there were drug use inside the church. It got so bad after months and months and months of putting up with it, they locked the doors. And while it's true the city can't control what happens inside of a church. It can control what happens on Republic, It can't control what happens on Liberty. That's their direct responsibility. Saint Francis does not control Republic Street, and they have these activities from fifty to one hundred people happening daily. Is a city problem that the county's trying to address. But it's the city police that are being told don't do anything, because the cops say, if we start arresting people in and around Saint Francis, Sarah and OTR, it doesn't do any good because they arrest them, put them in the jail, they're released immediately, they don't show up for court. Then a warrants issued to cape Is for their arrest. Then they're arrested, sent back to the jail. Then you go to judge and the judges say, they've been arrested two hundred times. Nothing we can do. Put them back on the street. It used to be and the good old days. You might recall we had Longview State Mental Hospital. In fact, when I was in the Attorney General's office, i represented the state to put people with profound mental difficulties or drug or alcoholic use. In law, you state mental hospital until they dried out or until they got their lives together. There was about seven hundred and fifty people a Longview State Mental Hospital. That's where those persons were in the nineteen forties, fifties, sixties, and seventies. That's the solution is still arresting them, the cops will tell you makes no difference. What difference They go back to Republic Street and keep using drugs. You've got to put them in an environment where they can't leave, in which they have to get better, and if they don't get better, then they don't leave. Does that make sense to you?
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, I totally agree with what you said. There's a lot of stuff that I see downtown that you know, probably people in other cities always see as well, but when you see it in person through itself, it's pretty shocking the first time. But yeah, Saint Francis, I know they can't control the individuals that are outside, even I know they were on many of their services and they do a great deed, and I'm not suggesting that we take that away in any form or kind of like kick them out, But I just there's too much that goes on in this area, in the center of this redevelopment district, and there's a lot that the city is trying to do, but they're but they're really just hindering themselves with this site being in the center of Northern OTR and just having this this constant like fifty to one hundred plus people roaming around constantly, and you know, just making some people feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I bet have you thought about Jackson Trumpy? Have you thought about leaving and saying I can't do it anymore? Are you willing to stay with it for a little bit longer?
Speaker 3: No, I'm I'm not considering leaving I'm not to that point yet, but I mean, who knows, We're all be in a year, but no, I am not to that point yet.
Speaker 1: All right, Jackson Trumpy, once again, your father, your grandfather, is held in high esteem, and may his memory bring you comfort. And Jackson Trump, I'm glad you got a hold of me. I'm glad I think your grandpa would be happy with a kind of grandson that your mom and dad and he helped develop. And whenever you want to have further contact with the big One, you get a hold of me, and I'll do my best to get the message out. And the adults have got to take adult responsibilities for these kinds of things. I mean, maybe not pay criminals eight point two million dollars. Maybe it's better to use that money to reinstitute a in house facility that you can't leave until you're better, and if you don't get better, you can't leave. A few hundred cannot kill the life of one, hundreds of thousands of people. Jackson Trumpy, once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, and Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jackson, thank you, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: God bless America. Let's continue with more it. The city will spend eight point two million dollars paying criminal serious money, but they won't solve the problems that their policies have created. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundreds WLW. You know, I think the Trumpster, I mean my good friend and yours, Bob Trump, he would be very proud of Jackson, and he took it on. He went there. He sent me some more information about what happens daily. Let me give you a little bit of insight. When I speak to captains, I speak to those in law enforcement, they tell me, arresting these five hundred to one thousand homeless individuals that have profound mental issues, drug addiction issues, alcoholism issues, it is rather ridiculous. He goes to arrest them, put them in the justice center. You might hold him overnight, go in front of a judge, and room ay at nine o'clock the next morning. Whether the released or not doesn't make any difference to them. They're happy to be in the justice center. Three squares and a cot not a bad deal. And and most of the time the judges don't keep them and they release them. Give him an O R bond for vagrancy or trespass or drug use or a prostitution, whatever it is. They give him a trial date a month or two in advance, and they don't show up for the trial date, so there's more warrants out for the arrest. And then the next time they're picked up on something else, there's a bunch of Capey says on them. So the judge and roommate says, okay, Riley London. I represented Riley London for years in the Public Devendor's office. At one point he had four hundred arrest So I asked Riley London. At some point, Riley, how come you keep getting arrested? He says, It's what I do. If it's cold, I don't want to go in the shelters because I don't like living there. So what I do is do something to get arrested. I go into the justice center until it warms up a little bit that I come out. I don't show up. I don't care whether I get arrested or not. So homelessness is caused by insanity, drug use, alcoholism, and ever in behavior. In the good old days, by the way, we had Longview State Mental Hospital, in which case if you had profound mental difficulties. You were locked away for a while until you were restored to sanity out of public site in Roseline and Longview State Mental Hospital had a family member there named Uncle Bob that I used to visit as a kid, and I told my mom, Mom, I don't want to come here anymore. She said, you have to see uncle Bob. And I said, well, you know, I was like seven, eight, nine, ten years old. I said, okay, but then I quit. Go on, and if you weren't, if you weren't, if you were not restored to sanity at some point, you were not released. There were some there for years, So you have to take care of those individuals. They will not take care of themselves, and they don't want to go to homeless shelters. This is a lifestyle that they enjoy and they keep doing it and it's not going to change. So it won't change until the system changes, and those in charge of the system don't want it to change. I've said to vivig Ramaswaming, we need seven or eight real mental hospitals to individuals that refuse to get medical care, they refuse to get a mental assistance, they have profound drug problems that take them out of society, put them in a clean environment and keep them there until they're restored to sanity, until they're restored to sobriety, and if not, they don't get out. And if they get out and do it again, they go back to the mental hospital, big fence around it and keep them there. Either that or it's a failure of kindness to have them on the city streets. And Saint Francis Seraph is a prime example. When it gets cold, they'll find a reason to go into the justice center or into a homeless shelter temporarily, like over the next three or four days. They'll be less when the weather's nice, and it's a lifestyle choice that tears down society by having them present, committing crimes and engaging in aborant criminal behavior. Arresting these individuals is worthless. It doesn't make any difference. The system is not going to send them to a state penal colony like Mansfield for many years. That's not going to happen, and so they simply shuffle in and out, and that's how they live their life until they die, generally in their fifties or sixties. Every now and then I look up a Riley London type and say, his arrest total might be a thousand at this point, and it doesn't make any difference. If you and I got arrested five times, ten times, about five hundred times at some point, it doesn't make any difference. So the cops hands are tied. The system will not put them in a mental hospital. They go back to the street, commit their crimes and then live their life on the street, and they're taken care of by the criminal justice system in a sense, but not really. And secondly, this is for those who think about Somalis in Minnesota. The Health and Human Services issued a report that in nineteen ninety, which wasn't exactly the dark Ages, there were no Somalis living anywhere in the country. Over the past ten years, the numbers accelerated to about one hundred thousand in Minneapolis. Loan. It shows that about eighty one percent of Minnesota households headed by Somali refugees are on either welfare, cash welfare or SNAP and or Medicaid and or autism relief. Give you the numbers. Twenty one percent of regular Minnesota's are in one former welfare and the land of the Somali, it's eighty one percent, and it gets a little bit worse, if it can get worse. Eighty nine percent of Somali headed households with children in Minnesota are on one or more forms of welfare. Eighty six percent are on medicaid. So the general number in Minnesota is seventeen percent, but if you're Somali, it's eighty nine percent. And nearly every Somali household with children received some former welfare. That number can be assigh as ninety nine percent. Billions, and that doesn't count the billions of dollars. And these medicaid clinics run by Somali's approved by the state of Minnesota, and the moneys go to l Shabab and Somali. That's the problem. Let's continue to Let's continue with more. Back to the commercials. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WuW.
Speaker 5: Comes a podcast about AI and the future of work. I'm Evan Rout left, and that's Kyle, the CEO of the company I just started.
Speaker 1: Hey, just finished drawing up that quick one page business plan for you. Here's the link.
Speaker 5: Kyle's an AI agent. All my coworkers are. It's season two of shell Game a story of entrepreneurship in the AI ahe or how I tried to build a real startup run by fake people. Open your free iHeartRadio app, search shell Game and listen.
Speaker 1: To Bill Cunningham, the Great American. And once again, many years ago, there was a form called the Freedom Foundation and the goal of the mission was to fight US government unions by freeing public employees from the union bondage. And one of the ancillary problems with this is that there's about ninety nine percent of the money from these big time unions always go to Democrats to maintain their positions of power. And then what occurs is that we taxpayers fund government employees and then they join unions. The unions give the money back to the Democrats who keep the unions more powerful, and that incestuous relationship continues for decades, if not longer. Also, right to work is an issue that arises to joining youn On now as the CEO of the president of this group. Aaron With and Aaron With, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And you told me many years ago I was with you on this issue. So, first of all, what is the mission of Freedom Foundation And talk about how it relates to the American people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Bill, we want to eliminate the influence of government unions from politics today. Government unions in America are the largest funda of the radical left. They spend billions of dollars each election cycle to elect radical leftist candidates that go into office agree to raise taxes and pursue the radical social issues. But the scandal of it is that this money is coming from teachers and other public employees all over the country, to the tune of billions of dollars. Each of them are paying about eleven hundred dollars a year in union dues, and most of them have no idea that they could opt out of those unions, stop paying those union dues, keep that money in their pocket, and stop it from going to this radical leftist agenda.
Speaker 1: Do you have some idea that the scope of the problem as far as the amount of money contributed to liberal Democrats and how big I guess they don't contribute money to Donald Trump. I would assume they don't give money to Republicans. That you can had to laugh. What's the scope of the problem. How much money do the unions fleece out of the pockets of their own employee, of the employees that we pay for and then give it to democrats. How big is the problem?
Speaker 6: The Commonwealth Foundation just to a report that estimated around a billion dollars was given to liberal causes in the last election cycle. I actually think they're undershooting. I think it's more like one point six billion dollars. We look at more of the yeah, more of the local stuff that goes on, which puts them as the largest contributor to the left in America. So this is not a small problem. This is a problem that if you can solve it puts a level playing field for politicians across the country.
Speaker 1: You have a great excerpt in nineteen fifty eight, guy named Cleon Skalsen may not be saying that correctly published The Naked Communists, in which he laid out forty five objectives the enemies of freedom and democracy would like to achieve. And I can reference in the nineteen sixties Paul Harvey good Day did a great thing about what would happen if Satan wanted to control the United States, and we're well down that path. But number seventeen is get control of the schools, use them as transmission belts for socialism and current communist propaganda, soften the curricula, get control of teachers. Associations put the party line in textbooks, talk about the goal of the radical left is to control the schools, which, by the way, they have succeeded at Would you great and tell me what the plan is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Teachers unions have access like no other government unions in that they have teachers that have access to our kids for six seven hours a day, and they're forcing curriculum on these teachers. They're forcing professional development on these teachers. That I spoke to a teacher earlier this year who told me that in order to maintain his license, his professional development was to read White Fragility and he has to go back and teach Civics in high school in New York. So it's not gratifying to their profession. So what we've done as a solution is we've just created the Teacher Freedom Alliance. This is a group for like minded teachers across the country. They want to get back to pro American education. They want to get back to traditional education values, teach that capitalism is king and not what the teachers unions want to teach, which is transgenderism, critical race theory. I mean, basically, they want to teach our kids to hate this country, and I think what we're seeing from the next generation.
Speaker 4: Is the byproduct of that.
Speaker 1: Aaron with I want to stay with that issue because when I think about my own schooling, I still have pleasant memories of Sister Monica Ann. I have pleasant memories of Jerry Wood and Hank Estes, and when I went to Xavier in Cincinnati, Ohio, have great memories of Roger Forton and Roger and also Paul Simon, who is my history teacher, and also Father Savage. When I went to law school, I can recall Ron Rait, a professor. I can recall John Steppler, the dean. I have great memories of teachers and they I can't recall a circumstance any of my great teachers I had in the past, all of whom I have great respect for, who got into politics. The history was history, political science was about political science. They never propagandized. But that's not true today because if you're captured in an environment, it could be Ohio, state could be UCLA. I know, I think you're in California, could be Louisiana. The teachers today don't teach the academic discipline. My product is you have to have a certain left doing propaganda as part of geometry, as part of geology, is part of English literature. What happened to the teachers who are now in their forties, fifties and sixties, the professors that are not teaching academic disciplines, but part of that you have to adhere to the left doing ideology. And that's the problem. Am I correct about that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the problem. That's the problem most teachers that I know, and I know a lot of teachers. My wife was a public school teacher up until a couple of years ago. Teachers get into the profession to teach reading, writing, math, to prepare kids for the next stage in their academic careers, or to get into the workforce.
Speaker 4: They do not go into schools to teach this work ideology.
Speaker 6: The problem is, especially in deep blue states like California, for example, you have the teachers unions that have so much control over the curriculum, so much control over the professional development.
Speaker 4: It's basically a monopoly today.
Speaker 6: And that's when you have these teachers that their choice is either keep their job and teach some of this stuff, or go and teach at a private school make less money, or homeschool learning pods if they're available in those states. So their hands are really tied. So there are a lot of great teachers in America. Don't get me wrong. This is not me or the Freedom Foundation saying that we need to fire all these teachers, because there is a lot of good teachers out there. The problem is we need to reform the system to allow those teachers to teach stuff that actually helps that kids, not the teachers' unions in their wok ideology.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking about Randy Weingarten, who is the head of the president American Federation of Teachers. She said committed left wing extremist. And this woman, herror organization is the largest teachers organization in America. I think about what she did a few years back with COVID keeping all the schools shut down as the Catholic school has proceeded, the public schools in big cities shut down completely. I would anticipate what are the goals do you think of Randy Winingarten, President of American Federation of Teachers. Is to educate or is it the propagandas.
Speaker 6: No, it's all political. She doesn't care for our academic system. She doesn't care about our education system. She cares about politics. She cares about pursuing a radical political agenda. And the other one is her name is Becky Pringle. You hear less of her. She's the head of the National Education Association, which is larger than the American Federation of Teachers.
Speaker 4: They're both the same. Their goals are political. When you look at their day.
Speaker 6: Jobs, they're spending more time with politicians in Congress than they are with teachers. When you look at their budgets, for example, both of those teachers' unions have hundreds of millions of dollars at their disposal. They spend around twelve percent of their overall budgets unquote representational activities. They spend a significant portion of it on gifts to politicians, on donations to five to one C free and C force that are politically aligned, and then the rest of it gets spent on internal benefits.
Speaker 4: And that's their numbers.
Speaker 6: So when you say, as a teachers union that twelve percent of our budget is spent on representational activities, in my mind, that's them saying that their primary objective is politics and the representational activities portion.
Speaker 4: That's more of a sideshell.
Speaker 1: You know, peer pressure is awfully important. I see in your report that the Freedom Foundation has helped more than fifteen thousand public employees leave the unions, surpassing last year's total. On track for fifty thousand opt outs. I can imagine if you're a teacher in the Chicago public schools or New York or LA and you opt out of being in the union, what happens to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we've helped fifty thousand people leave their unions this year. We're on We've helped over two hundred and fifty thousand people leave their unions in the last five years. It's been the largest decline of union membership in US history. So the tides are turning. It's becoming more popular to get out of their unions. Like I said, the largest decline that we've ever seen. What happens when they leave a couple of things. One the teachers unions and other government unions will try and either coerce them, trick them, or force them into staying in the union. So I have a team of attorneys that sue unions over this issue practically every week. We have sixty five active cases against unions today. Most of them are on this issue of not being allowed to leave the unions. It's a constitutional right and the unions should be should should do it. What does happen on the peer pressure side is we do have them try and keep these people in the unions or coerce them. Well, what we were experts in what we do. We're on the other side of that, coaching them. And our biggest message is, you know, why don't you just try leaving opt out for three months, see see if you miss anything, or see if the eighty ninety dollars a month that you get back is a better provide. It's better value to you and your family. And of course most of the time that's true.
Speaker 1: One of the updates from you is the CEO is this student riots occur to foment public protest against programs, organizations which are under left during or communist attack, and then to infiltrate the press. What's happening on college campus. It's quieted down here we are in December, but it's quieted down because of Donald Trump taken away federal funding from colleges universities. But under Joe Biden, there were massive protests, shutting down Columbia, marching around the University of Chicago, events happening in la and so one of the goals is to use a foe met like revolution, you know something about the Hamas are about about the mass killings of Palestinians, And so the student protests are incentivized by unions because what's the reason the unions care so much about the Palestinian cause and also the genocide allegedly which is not taking place by the Jews, but Amas, Why what happens on college campus is that advanced the left wing agenda.
Speaker 6: They're radicalizing these kids. I mean, it's when you see kids marching for Gaza. It's shocking to me the lack of education that these people have. But they've been radicalized by the teachers union. So in a way I feel sorry for them that they don't know truth and they don't know they don't know what they don't know because they're products of our education system that's completely failed them.
Speaker 4: So in a way I feel sorry for them.
Speaker 6: But this is the goal of the teachers unions, and unfortunately this is where we are today. We have one case in seven California where we're representing seven Jewish professors against their union. Their union has made very anti Semitic statements, and part of the problem in America is that you have a union that hates Jewish people, that is forcibly representing them. So in our instance, these seven professors, they all opted out of their union. They don't pay union dues today. However, they are forced to be represented by the union in grievance disputes and contract negotiations. Could you imagine if one of these professors had an issue with their employer and they had to have the union represent them. I mean, there is no way with a straight face that the union would represent them fairly.
Speaker 4: So our goal with that lawsuit is to make it so that.
Speaker 6: Every public employee in America cannot only opt out of their union and stop paying union dues, which they can today, but it's also to make it so we undo the monopoly of exclusive representation in America, allow public employees to go and represent themselves in agreevance disputes and at the bargaining table.
Speaker 1: Talk about right to work, I mean that's a three letter word that means a lot. Many states are right to work. You have the right to work and not join the union. Many other states have state laws they say you must join the union to work. What is the status of the right to work movement?
Speaker 6: So right to work basically means that you either can opt out of your union entirely and stop paying union dues, or you can opt out of your union, but you're still forced to pay a significant portion of those union dues. So in the government sector, if you are a government worker in America today, you have right to work protections.
Speaker 4: You can opt out of your union no matter where you live.
Speaker 6: If you live in New York, if you live in Ohio, if you live in Montana, you can opt out of your unions today and stop paying union dues. And I encourage any listener that is a public employee to go to opt out today or call my office at Freedom Foundation.
Speaker 4: And we'll walk you through that best.
Speaker 6: However, in the private sector, if you work in like I said, Ohio or New York, for example, you do not have right to work protection, So you can opt out of your union, but you're still mandated to pay a significant portion of those union dues. In my opinion, that's a that's an issue that we need to clean up. It's not something that the Freedom Foundation does. We focus exclusively on the government sector. There's a great group that operates out of Virginia called National Right to Work. They do a great job on This is.
Speaker 1: The percentage of government employees and unions. Say here we are at the end of twenty twenty five over the last eight ten years, is that going up or down?
Speaker 6: Are you moderately succeeding or not down? So in the private sector, it's been going down for decades. In the government sector, it's been going up until twenty twenty. We've started to see the largest decline of union membership in US history since then, and it's going down past the rate of government growth.
Speaker 4: Of course, government will always grow.
Speaker 6: So we've seen around seven hundred thousand total people have left their unions in the last five years, taking union membership from seven point seven million to seven million today of the of the major government unions. And that's despite government growing by about five hundred thousand people in the same timeframe.
Speaker 1: Kind of the worst places to be educated is in a blue city and a blue state with large unions. Can you imagine being a kid in New York City showing up to school as a six year old and what you have to confront. It's not about academic discipline. What is it about If you're a six year old in Harlem walking into a first grade what are you going to confront?
Speaker 6: So the Reason Foundation just did a great report that I enjoyed. It basically showed per student spending in these cities and the correlation to academic outcomes. And of course the missing components of that is strong government unions. And the correlation is this, the more we spend per student, the stronger the government union, the less these students are able to perform. So of course you and I know that instinctually, but it's because these teachers unions are strong and they are forcing these teachers to teach politics and not reading, writing and math. I mean, our message is, let's just get back to basics. Our education system is failing these kids day by day, and.
Speaker 4: We need to change.
Speaker 6: We need to get so that teachers are empowered to actually teach real academics and not all this social stuff that the teachers unions would like them to teach.
Speaker 1: What a novel concept. All right, Aarin with the CEO of the Freedom Foundation again, what is your website? If people need more information?
Speaker 4: Freedom Foundation dot com.
Speaker 6: And then if you're a public employee, go to opt out today dot com.
Speaker 4: If you're a teacher at teacher Freedom alignce dot com.
Speaker 1: Aaron with You're a great American, maybe a great brit but I want you to keep doing what you're doing because the freedom will set us all free. And once again, Aaron with thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Aaron, you're a great American.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Amen, thank you Bill.
Speaker 1: God bless America. Let's continue with more. Coming up next is the News Bill Cunningham seven hundred WLW blive.
Speaker 7: For this year, residents will have access to a clear and accurate tracker during winter events that not just documents where trucks have been, but the exact treatments that each truck has done to our streets.
Speaker 1: Hello, quiet, and I'm spokes I'm broadcasting, said the mayor is gone again, by the way, and by the way, where do you go? Ann Arbor? Vancouver's up in ann Armor. But if you don't pay your note, that's no joke. Correct, But the mayor is gone. City's about to have turmoil once again.
Speaker 8: One of that snow tracker things. One of that snowtracker things going to work this time or for one. So far, we're gonna do some.
Speaker 1: I've done my investigation, of course, Miss Hudson is largely Uh, they've been quieted down. But now we have Sharon Moore, Kellymore and Page Shiver. She is shivering right now, that's for sure. And Tom Weedman, Michigan's Finest is hiding under a bed somewhere the Amazing Blue or not as not Happy at Non Happy Land according to TMZ. And they're never wrong, right Uh. Charon's Moore's wife is named Kelly Okay, they got like four kids yea, and her social media account is alive with many picts of her with the girlfriend. Now she's the executive assistant to the head coach. Correct, Her name is Paige Shiver and she's the executive assistant to head coach More. He wanted more and he got more than he could bargain with, so he'll end up suing somebody. He will serve something her. She'll end to school for.
Speaker 8: His back pay, and then she'll she'll sue him in a civil lawsuit, and then she'll sue the school for getting involved in But apparently her pay went from fifty seven thousand to ninety thousand dollars over a few months, and I'm thinking she must be one quite some executive assistant.
Speaker 1: She was doing a good job.
Speaker 4: I bet so.
Speaker 1: Right now. This thing he is arrested allegedly went to her house, that being Paige Shiver the paramore, in order to discuss certain things. Yeah yeah, I bet, involving a bladed instrument up to a neck in which he threatened to slit his own throat, and Michigan's finest head football coach somehow made his way out of there, was apprehended about ten miles away, worried about homicide slash suicide. But the wife and the girlfriend, according to social media, are friends. This is the unkindest cut of all. Well, then the wife will sue him. Everybody will sue everybody. Right, get Alfonse, go Hartstein and get city council there. They'll give them a eight point two million.
Speaker 8: Dollars, Get Ben Crump, and then the magic man, get the Merlin Shiver decordy, he's a magic man, man and you.
Speaker 1: But one other racial factor is now according to now what Oh here we go. As you may know, Sharon Moore is African American correct thirty nine years old? Right is what was his crime?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: What's his crime?
Speaker 1: How about whole holding a knife up to a woman's throat, But that's a different matter. Ben his credit. Now he's in calm down crump. Now he's in protective custody. Kelly Moore is a white female his wife, and black folks don't like that. Then he takes up with another blonde, white female working for him. Her name is Paige Shivers. His credit holding a knife up to her throats what I'm telling you. But she's also the daughter of an NFL scout working for the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 8: Well apparently too, that Michigan knew about this for a while. Yes, and they they purposely I guess, held off on it. And after so signing day, that's it. Also, that's a mess in Ann Arbor man.
Speaker 1: How about Tom Weedman, Michigan's finals can't a search warrant. He's hiding somewhere. Yeah, I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know what you're talking about. I think he's over the walking around into the Dame guy aamlessly right now, Michigan's in turmoil. And what if what if Michigan would have beaten Ohio State. Well, Ohio State went a suit Michigan to get the win back.
Speaker 5: We got Ronta Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's nothing about the past, nothing about the futures.
Speaker 5: Right now we're parents Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Jordan Hudson's Paramore. We got it, we got it. We got hot action everywhere.
Speaker 8: Will He the stuot reporters and Proud Service, every local Tamestar heating and air conditioning dealers. Tamestar quality you could feel in Cincinnati, colwayoming air it won eight eight eight nine nine six h v A C spot.
Speaker 1: What about Carry Combs, He's now at Michigan, could have become the interim coach of the Wolverines, Kerry Combs.
Speaker 4: Maybe.
Speaker 1: So we want to thank Willie.
Speaker 8: We want to thank Ron's Roost Restaurant and Bar, the world's greatest fried chicken at thirty eight to fifty three Race Road.
Speaker 1: Five seven four two two two.
Speaker 8: Ronsrous dot net it's clucking good and uh the Queen herself Donna done down our lunch today.
Speaker 1: Donna, the Prince of Buckingham Palace also known as Ron's Roost. Also, will you want to get everybody talking about this?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 8: The wish Tree Program. It's under way. This is getting close to Christmas, and the wish Tree hotline is five one three eight five two eighteen ninety five our email them at the Wishtree Program at gmail dot com and help somebody out this this holiday season.
Speaker 1: Her own more his issues, gave up forty million dollars for a toss in the hay with one of his wife's girlfriends. By the way, what responsibility does she have?
Speaker 4: Page?
Speaker 1: Does Page Shivers have any responsibility? You say no, I say yes, Well, I mean she's I mean they went at it or ways in one. Let's see Bearcats Willy are back in action Saturday against Georgia. It's the Cats and the Dogs going at it.
Speaker 8: Get morning night at West Miller's Show Live for the Rigel Montgomery in at eight oh five here on so wlw Indiana quarterback Fernando Mendoza is the Walter Camp Player of the Year. He's also the Apes College Football National Player of the Year. Looks like he's gonna win the Heisman Saturday. Who's Your's Coach? Kirta Signetti second straight year as the Walter Camp Coach of the Year. Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits, Wine and Tobacco and Party Town. Explore enormous wine selections, holiday gift packs and the largest Bourbon's choices in the Tri State at Good Spirits, Wine and Tobacco and Party Town.
Speaker 1: Hello Way Bengle get married for ten years.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They have three daughters, Shiloh, Solely and Sadie. And Shiloh was born in twenty nineteen. Sole joined the family in twenty twenty two, got three kids. Kelly Moore is the mother of three children. Sharon Moore, Michigan's finest, has taken up with a girlfriend of his wife segment your comments on that, we also want to say, willye on a greater note, Happy birthday to you.
Speaker 8: Oh, it's a good point. Happy birthday to you. Besides everything else that's going on in the world. Happy birthday on December.
Speaker 1: Eleventh, nineteen forty seven, a date that will live an infamy. And also your number one listener in Indiana has a birthday today. Who's that? The illustrious one, Patrick Meyer? I didn't know that.
Speaker 8: Yes, get my best at Patrick is your number one listener in the state of Indiana.
Speaker 1: Who's right? But now missus Moore aka Kelly, Yeah, it is reassessing the first situation. I bet with a couple of lawyers and how much she will sue everyone Bengals in the Ravens.
Speaker 8: Sunday, Willie at Peikhorse Stadium. It's going to be cold down there.
Speaker 3: Windows my whole career and everybody that's and we have in that locker room, all coaches, we have.
Speaker 4: No things are going to change year to year, but our windows always open.
Speaker 1: It wasn't open last night. He looked a little unhappy. Did you see the borough?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: I put that on my ex account about is he Andrew luck Now or Carson Palmer pree one?
Speaker 4: Is he?
Speaker 8: Preview of the Bengals and Ravens. The night on the Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tafe Roundtable Show presented my post with law live at Long Knicks, Lance and Rocky and Company in Wilder six oh five here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: According to the New York Post, Michigan Sharon Moore was acting strange before firing for inappropriate conduct. The walls were closing in, shall we say, It's been percolating for a few weeks. There had been an uneasiness in the Michigan staff. Success sources told me the Sharon Moore had been acting strangely during the Ohio State game. Did he tank the Ohio State game? Don't know what the Mixigan access coach yesterday after his second season. Lots of photos here of the two women together, the wife and the girlfriend. Shall we say things appeared to be just different last several weeks. I'm papared to be a little bit different because it came to fruition. Yes, God for forgive me. But I don't know what the Rock's gonna think about that now, Rocky boy, I don't know about Rock.
Speaker 4: What is he?
Speaker 1: Such is involvement? I don't know what games? Yes, I'm sure he did. He does all our college games. Well, by the way, Michigan says they're not going to buy out his contract for twenty million dollars, he won't get to twenty mili And what are you going to do with this? Sit there in jail with it. He's going to be a rain tomorrow. Yeah, sure, the head football coach of Michigan will be a rain tomorrow. And now they're saying he wasn't himself doing the Ohio State game? Did he tank the game to give it to ohivest State? Plus some speculate that Ryan Day of Ohio State is going to take the Michigan job. Are you crazy? I'm just saying you're delusion, saying the people in Columbus are having a party right now, party time, right, They're probably all that the Horseshoe, just having a party and and and drinking beer and having wine and cheese. Charges are pending Moore and his wife Kelly, her parents have three children. Well he's up for what assault well, allegedly night to the throat of the girlfriend and to his own throat, suicide, homicide. Michigan football say get me out of the student's report, please? Will he and honor of Amazing Blue?
Speaker 8: Yes, at trouble, A little trouble going on in ann Arbor, but the black and white jail uniform.
Speaker 1: We leave you with the immortal words of the stood report, Marilyn Roight singing me Happy Birthday, Samara, I can't good body. Kennedy was having his time in Maryland. Unbeknownst to Jack, what about you and Sarah Eleaks? Anything you want to add?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 9: You sure?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: On seven hundred WLW by Billy Cunning Integrated American, of course, what's happening in our colleges and high schools are despicable, but they are our propaganda centers and not places where the young Americans are learning the academic disciplines, because there's politics that's infected every part of public education. As a young man, I can specifically recall great teachers I had in high school and in college and in law school. Their names still percolate throughout my mind, and there was no politics being discussed. It was simply the academic disciplines that formed my opinions of the world. And what's happening today, especially on college campus, is not that case. Ryan Staley is a father and a longtime coach and educator and director of research at Defending Education, author the recent piece in The Blaze detailing how group tied to intifestyle movements are gaining power in places like Oakland, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. Now unions often protect the teachers driving this activism. And Ryan Staley welcome, I think for the first time to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Ryan, first of all, describe the scope of the problem we think all know exist, but many people are focused on other parts of their life. How big is the problem?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 5: Bill, thanks for having me you know, it's it's it's not.
Speaker 9: I would say that it's moving in deep blues areas for sure. I think a lot of the rural and red areas of this country haven't really seen it.
Speaker 1: Full blown yet.
Speaker 9: But it is it is worth that we take the time to expose this and we call it out for what it is because some of these individuals, and I note this in my Blaze piece, are running for state level.
Speaker 4: Positions.
Speaker 9: For example, a gentleman out of San Francisco is running for the state superintendent of Education. And what makes it important that we know about this person is because he's an open member and activist with the Party for Socialism and Liberation and PSL is known as one of the core groups behind a lot of these radical protests that have happened across the country over the last couple of years, and allegedly is even funded by the CCP. And so you have these people that are not even not only just are they in the classrooms teaching children, but they're infiltrating the teachers' unions at the local level, at the federal level, and even trying to get themselves into positions of power at the state level. And if you want to kind of leave education for just a quick second. The direction that this is heading that I try to make a warning of is look at what's happened in New York City with the mayoral race and now the Democratic Socialis of America moving into positions of authority inside of the city administrative structure.
Speaker 1: It's kind of, I won't say it's underway, it's almost being implemented. I can't think of a major American city and a blue city and blue state that isn't infiltrated with the worst kinds of left doing propaganda. And it's I mean, I love your pieces defending education. Do you feel like you're you're spitting into the wind that this thing is so big and so all encompassing and so present with the teachers unions and the funding that it's almost insurmountable.
Speaker 9: It really does feel very much like a revolutionary industrial complex. And I think people, you know, they look at this and they go, like you said, it's kind of it's so massive, it feels like it's everything and it's crushing down on us. But the other the piece of hope that I give that I think about myself a lot too, is that you know, They've been at this for well over one hundred years. You go back to John Dewey back in the early nineteen hundreds and the communist part of USA back in the nineteen thirties and so forth. They've really been working hard this for a long time. Yet they still don't have complete control of everything. And you know, there's teachers on the inside that are not down with this, there are administrators that are not down with this, and they just need support from the outside to say it's okay to make a stand. And so that's what you know, we at Defending Education are trying to do with what we can do, you know, in our capacity and so forth. But the other tell is that the young people are not down with this. And you can see this with the growth of Turning Point USA and the work that the late great Charlie Kirk was doing, and even more so Bill with the how the young people reacted after the assassination of Charlie Kirk, because you know, we didn't see we didn't see cities burned to the ground. We saw visuals and we saw love and we saw a renewed spirit, spiritual you know, peace with the young people and even the older people and so I think there's a yearning for for.
Speaker 4: Guidance and and and for people to.
Speaker 9: Know that it's okay to say this stuff is not cool, this is not good, and we we we do not want this in our schools, We do not want this in our culture.
Speaker 1: And Stein's and Ryan Staley, Uh, you brought up a great point. When the killing of George Floyd took place. I don't call it a murder, I call it a killing. Immediately every city in America knew what was coming. Oppor dunistic street criminals would use that as an occasion to break into the storefronts, and secondly, the politicians would use it as an occasion to spend lots of money on left wing, far left causes. But when someone George Floyd has spent his life in crime, riddled with drugs, died of a coroner said, George Floyd died of a of a heart difficulty, filled it with fentanyl and heroin. And I'm not defending what the cop did, but he was trained to do that. Those are different issues. But nonetheless, no one thought when when when Kirk, Charlie Kirk was murdered on September the tenth, you better get the National Guard ready. You better make sure the police force are being prepositioned somewhere done. That's big volumes about the left and the right in this country.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 9: You know, you judge a free by the fruit it produces. Right, And what these radicals and this ideology that they're pushing through the through the universities. I mean, we had another report out last week on the University of Minnesota and this whole whiteness pandemic idea that they were pushing after twenty twenty, after the George Floyd incident, And so you know, what, what.
Speaker 2: Are they fomenting?
Speaker 9: What are they what are they pushing out there into the minds of our young children. Is they're they're pushing bitterness, they're pushing resentment, and they're pushing hatred for the system, like you know, the American system, the Western civilization. And I really think when you when you zoom way out on this whole situation, you know, you know these radicals and what they're trying to do and the curriculums that they're trying to push. It really is very much a battle over the soul of Western culture, and they are trying to destroy it from within. And we know from I mean, we're seeing daily news reports of enemies from without. But I really, I really am far more concerned with the fact that, you know, these people are rotting the institutions from the inside, and they're using our children to do it.
Speaker 1: I reference a few days ago there was a black Democratic congressman from the South that referred to America as the great Satan. That America, that one beacon of hope and light to the world, is called by liberal Democrats a great Satan. And he also is a product by the way of HBCUs and the liberal systems in which you have to come up not celebrating America's great accomplishment, not celebrating our engineering, not celebrating our freedoms, you come up calling America the great Satan. And when when I saw that from a United States lawmaker, I said, you've got to be kidding me. But doesn't that reflect the viewpoint of most of the colleges, almost every big city public school system, the mainstream media. The great Satan is America. And that is not the eyetola. This is the United States lawmaker.
Speaker 4: Right, And it's it's really disturbing.
Speaker 9: I mean, you know, the same people that have benefited off of the sacrifices of our ancestors, and they're they're taking that and they're saying, you know, well, this is actually not a good thing, and this is not you know, the West and especially America has only been bad and that's a that's a you know, a lifetime of propaganda that's been pushed on them. Look, Bill, you and I can agree that America has not been perfect, and we've done some terrible things in the past, but when you look when you again, when you zoom out and you look at the holistic product, the founders knew that this was an imperfect because we're human beings, right, We're imperfect beings to begin with, and that's why they said that, you know, in the pre the Constitution, that we're trying to you know, create a more perfect union, and that takes time, and it takes it takes a lot of mistakes, but we correct those mistakes and in the end, America overall has been a benefit to the world despite the fact that we make mistakes.
Speaker 4: But that's not how it's presented to the children.
Speaker 9: To the children, whether it's you know, children of young twenties and the universities or children in the K twelve space they're being inundated with with this ideology that comes back. I guess to sum up to use the term that you you expressed, which is it's the Great Satan.
Speaker 2: And so you know, I don't I don't.
Speaker 9: I kind of feel for these people, like how do they get to this point in their life that they they they view this place as that and because you have to believe that they must not have any other experience with o their places.
Speaker 1: No, well, the congressman, I want to put some foot meat on the bones this Congressman, Hank Johnson of Georgia. He said, America now is the Great Satan. And when this happened on Monday, and I'm thinking, my god, isn't this a big story that America is. No, it wasn't picked up by the mainstream media at all. In fact, everything happening in Minnesota right now, with all the looting of the treasury by Somalian gangs and et Satah el Shabab, that isn't it the national news either, other than on Fox and Breitbart and The Blaze and a few other places. It's not even a story. And so the hatred for this country, which begins early in life continues throughout Have you noticed recently the last few weeks and months there's been fewer attempts on college campuses to have a gaze for Palestine and also support of AMAS. Is that because the administrator want to calm things down because of the lack of federal money or is that some lights gone on the heads of those in these college campuses.
Speaker 4: I think it's a combination of things.
Speaker 9: I definitely think there there is a concerned effort by administrators on campuses to tone it down because of the of the administration, the you know, the Trump administration's threats. I think that it's become wildly unpopular on the college campuses. I mean, we we saw pushback in the last year or so on especially Southeastern Conference schools right where where students were pushing back on these protests because they're sick and tired of it. You know, they these most most of these college students, and do I spend time working on college campuses from Division one down Division three, and most of those students they want to they want to go to college, enjoy their experience, get their education, participate in sports, fraternities, whatever it is, get that experience and move on and really it's a very tiny minority of very highly active people that are in these encampments, and the young students are sick and tired of it. And especially after the wake of the assassination of Charlie Kirk, I think there's a heightened awareness that we better, we better tone these things down, and so I think it's a combination of things, but especially you know, the administrators and the young people, and they're tired of it. They want to get on with their lives and they want to they want to, you know, enjoy their experience there.
Speaker 1: Charlie Kirk, the only hope I had for the future for America's youth was groups like Turning Point USA. With all due respect those of us in talk radio, we tend to be listened to by thirty, forty, fifteen sixty year olds. But when you develop a political philosophy in high school and college, it is critical that those kids hear something different than what is the mainstream media, what the liberal media wants to tell them, and also what teachers unioned CD or want to pump in their heads. Do you have hope, Ryan Staley, do you have hope at defending education that down the road that when they when they killed the messenger, that the message itself will continue.
Speaker 4: I do I do.
Speaker 9: You know, long before Charlie Kirk in twenty sixteen, I was teaching at a high school and I could see there that the young the young males especially, but but you know, the young females at the time were a little more agnostic. But the young males were already seeing the critical race theory and the anti you know, anti white, the whiteness stuff that was filtering in because it was there, they were already pushing back a little bit. And they you know, now, those those young people are in their mid twenties, so they're still in that mid twenties, you know, Charlie Kirk type of range, and they're even more so solidified now that they're they're against the stuff because they understand it. You know, they grew up being hammered in the classroom over it. And that's not just you know, racial based. I mean, there's kids of all walks of life that are tired of that stuff because, you know, Bill, they really do want to be treated based on merit. You know, sometimes they don't always know what merit is, but they can feel it, like they just want to be treated like if I work hard, I'm gonna be rewarded for that. And so I really do have hope for the young people. I think the message is out. I I do have some concerns that there are some other nefarious voices that are trying to co opt Charlie Kirk's audience, if you will, But I still think the young people see through it, and they they are hungry.
Speaker 2: They are hungry for for.
Speaker 9: Uh spiritual growth and for a growth in that that meritocracy, that that that that original American founding ideals.
Speaker 4: And I think that it's it's coming upon us to continue to.
Speaker 9: Reinforce that messaging and and from the policy side, though, we need to, we need to push our policy makers to to really work hard at renewing those ideals and ridding our society of these dei anti racist policies that have seeped into our institutions and our corporations.
Speaker 1: It's going to be tough. It's going to be a long haul. I can't think of the date it happened. But when I went to high school, college, law school, I have fond memories so often of the teachers, the professors, their names. We stay in touch with each other. None of them were political. I was trying to learn real property and I was trying to learn about the common law. I took my time with history classes, I did English literature. There was no shall we say politics that infiltrated the courtroom. Well, I was an attorney general imposing the laws here and there, and that wasn't about politics. It was about the academic disciplines. Was there a did it happen ten years ago, twenty years ago, thirty years ago with the teachers and the union said enough for this producing informed individuals, let's have marching Marxists. Was there an occasion that something happened unbeknownst to me where the education says said, we can't imagine gate A kids anymore. We're gonna have social promotion, which means you get FS but you still graduate. You can't read the diploma. But we went marching Marxist coming out of colleges and law schools. Was there a point that began?
Speaker 9: I think part of it was the sixties when those when the weather underground and the other sixties radicals went into the you know, into the universities and started hiding there and then using the universities to advance their their maoism and and you know, far less radicalism. And then and then what happened is is that you had in the late eighties early nineties the adoption of the Palo Fredes work on pedagogy of the oppressed. And that's where you know, and it still was slow, right Like I went through my master's program and got my certification in two thousand and seven, two thousand and eight, and I and in hindsight, Bill, I can see that stuff starting to seep in with the language, et cetera. Yet it still was still was a little bit more of the old school mindset. My first principal was fantastic, and she was old school. I don't even know if she'd be able to keep her job in today's climate with how she operated those schools. But then it accelerated. And I would say in twenty twelve, I was working at a Catholic high school and we had to sit through a training on our white privilege. So you're talking twenty twelve, this stuff started to seep into professional development trainings. And then it really really accelerated in the you know, after twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen, when Trump came into office, and then obviously it got even worse in twenty twenty, right, So I guess it'd be a very very brief timeline of how these things accelerated. But then the parent pushed back at twenty one, right after Zoom, you know, the we moved the kids to being on Zoom first schooling and then in Virginia in twenty twenty one when the parents started to really push back, you know, and so forth. And I think that kind of made a dent in their progress. But I'm telling you, we can't settle because these people are knocking to back down.
Speaker 1: No, no, they're going to come out as harder. Well, Ryan Staley, we have to run. Their website is defending dot org, defending education. I'll google it. Lots of great stuff up there. And Ryan Staley give my best all the folks at the Blaze, and may God bless you and God bless America. And by the way, have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year you too, sir. Thank you so much, God bless America. Let's continue with more news. Next. You're on the Reds and the Bengals News Radio seven hundreds w auto. Okay to.
Speaker 9: Day to.
Speaker 1: The good day.
Speaker 9: President.
Speaker 1: Hello quiet, I'm broadcasting Marilyn Monroe singing have a Birthday to Kennedy in nineteen sixty two, some course of spirit. Today it's my birthday. By the way, Well and the gods have shined down upon you have delivered the greatest news cycle story and the history of news.
Speaker 8: This.
Speaker 1: Here's the headline. The headline here it is Bill Belichick Jordan Hudson get dragged into Sharon Morris Michigan drama. Here we go. Belichick and Hudson's relationship has been dragged in front of University of Michigan. I'm going to Cincinnati. No, he's going on.
Speaker 4: Nothing about the tea?
Speaker 1: What about you know all the answers Number one, Bill Belichick getting the Michigan job with Jordan Hudson. No, come on, it'd be great. What about that headline? Look at that? So I see the headline, But where do they insinuate? What do they I mean?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: I can't say the chapel hill. The headline is all I needed. The Shroon Moore. I was sitting right here about what I don't know five hours ago, and here it comes, or said twenty three hours ago, Boom News drops Sharon Moore in all kinds of deep it's gotten worse has According to my sources, Kelly Moore, the wife of Sharon Moore, they have three girls together, has a good friend whose name is Page Shiver, who was the girlfriend of her husband, possibly pregnant or at one time pregnant action action. So that's called some angst too, would you agree?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 8: Well, Bill Belichick and Jordan ought to be happy that they're off the headlines. And and uh coach more.
Speaker 1: Trying to get him back in it. I'm getting well he coached any more games for U n C.
Speaker 5: I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so. So who's going to be the next coach of Michigan?
Speaker 4: Ta you.
Speaker 1: Can? I don't love that fits exactly. He's a great physicality. I don't think of physicality and toughness because that is that is sick. What you're going to say Marcus Freeman, No, he won't got the story right. Harry Combs carry combs. That would make a lot of sense. How about Rocky Boyman? Well, marcaut If Marcus Freeman leaves Notre Dame to go to Michigan, I'm throwing my name in the hat sake Notre Dame. Let's go how about Kirk Signetti. I think that makes the most sense, so he leave Culture of Toughness host fifteen million. Of course that's what they owe more anyway, so you'm also I think that's not going to pay. My opinion, that would be the perfect choice. Now again he's already you know, but no of these contracts in his word and I don't want to be here forever. No, that means anything. Michigan fifteen million in, you're out, Michigan. Siknatty can pay fifteen mill and he's out. According to my sources, that would fit Michigan John Grove. Now, because they've had so many negative headlines that you need maybe like an off the rope, like just pure excitement. Let's go kill Bill Belichick.
Speaker 5: No, not going to happen.
Speaker 1: That's all they need. Bring Jordan Hudson and the mazeing though. Could they do Matt Campbell away from Penn State? Who just signed a Penn State? Why not Penn State's He's a very stay road coach and no off the field. Not answering the question, what is the question. Marcus Freeman leaves Notre Dame. Would you accept the Notre Dame job? Or maybe Scott Sadderfield? What about that one?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Uh, that's not gonna happen. You're a power five guy who's the best coach in college football today.
Speaker 4: Let me let me see I'm mirror so I can look at it.
Speaker 8: Dion Neon Sambot that it's been mentioned. Neon Dion headed to ann Arbor. Baby be fun, but not a good fit. Not a good fit. Give me into the student's report. I continue to do my research on the connections between Belichick and Moore.
Speaker 1: I think Margaret Spreem will certainly get a call. Happen this guy, Brian Kelley, Brian Kelly, Brian Kelly's of all of them, it's a great guy to be a Tiger. I'm here with my family. Family, are so excited, family, the.
Speaker 8: Great state of Louisiana, but more importantly.
Speaker 1: To be with you great fans. Well, they have an affair with your wife's girlfriend. It's that good or bad rock Go ahead, sake.
Speaker 8: Will he the stood reporters aprot service of your local tamestar eating in condising dealers. Tamestar quality you can feel in beautiful northern Kentucky called any Weather Heating and Air at eight five, nine, seven, eight one forty eight twenty.
Speaker 1: Two spot and will Charwon more be charged with felonies tomorrow or just misdemeanors. He is going to lose everything because Michigan is going to go after whatever they can go after. The wife is going to go after wherever she can go after, and then the girlfriend, if she's pregnant, is going to go after whatever. He is going to go play claims from a thirty million dollar contract to like nothing dirt Poor'll be that guy. Tell about a guy that probably you know, didn't didn't really deserve to get that fell into it. State beat Ohio State just was given a golden gift and screwed it up. Couldn't keep the rocket in the pocket. No will he reads.
Speaker 4: Update.
Speaker 8: There are multiple reports today at Elie Da La Cruz may not be playing in the upcoming next year's World Baseball Class after all because he didn't get permission from the Reds.
Speaker 1: Don't play the Reds better said no no rest last year. Now you're telling me to play for nor No Bengals.
Speaker 8: Update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town. Their experts are ready to help you pick the perfect gift, making holidays easy and merry at Good Spirits and Party Town. Bengals and Ravens pay Corse Stadium and Cold on the Riverfront on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Very reflective Joe Burrow in the press conference yesterday, some of the comments on account.
Speaker 8: Andrew Luck previews the game tonight, Cincinnati Tax Resolution, Power by Tofe Roundtable Show presented by Postman Law. It'll be live from Long Necks and Wilder Lance.
Speaker 4: You'll be there.
Speaker 1: I'll be there Rocky and Company at six oh five here on seven hundred WLW. You want to take this story with you? You want to be leave it for you have the headline, but there's no actuals. I don't want to read it. I've got what I needed under the headline. Take you'll just discern your own headline or your own story. I don't want to read it. I don't want to read it. Take that the Lance. He likes that kind of stuff too. I'll leave it for Eddie Fingers.
Speaker 4: He likes this.
Speaker 1: More Night America's truck and Network. Taking up with your wife's girlfriend who's one of your employees? Is that a good or a bad thing. Check wife, you should miss around with someone that she knows, right, got a lot of pictures of those two together and that both are white. Well and the girls her dad is as NFL scout. What about that? Just sayings everywhere. I'm believing this for Eddie to study and the research Belichick, Hudson, Moore and uh and Todd and Todd. Where is Richard Todd? Where is what's on the big show today? Yeah, let's see what do we have here. We've got economists right out of the gate talking about the FED meeting and the interest rates and the market is crazy on fire. Got our fitness guy, PJ. Street. At four o'clock, five o'clock we have Jason Hoffman of the Inquire with the picks, the odds, the picks, the biggest picks and make some money like for Christmas. Seg by the way, I have the story out of Nigeria. Bodies discovered a suspected organ harvesting hotel. They're taking Christians and Catholics and organized and killing them then harvesting their organs. Your comments on this in Nigeria? Where is that Nigeria? You don't want to go there, do you? The bolk are rom types are not the best. No, I'll leave the story for you, but if any of them come to America, we'll let them ride in. Right, I'm on in on welfare. Thought I saw eighty eight. But yes, and plus all the other fraud going on. But anyway, we need to talk about we need them, We need them to uplift their culture. What does your own more need? He needs white prayer, the magic man, Mary, where's Joseph? The Holy Spirit? Holy Mary, Mother of God? Pray for us sinners?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: He needs them all? Where's the magic man? Get him out? Dan Arbor, immediately say give me out of the students.
Speaker 6: What was his crime?
Speaker 4: Will he?
Speaker 8: And Ounto of the snow on the way with Ted McKay, We leave you with the immortal words of the Stoog report.
Speaker 1: Just stupid and so I explained to everything that happened and honed it, and you know, stupid, that's your buddy. He was in a He was in a lap dance, wasn't he? Urban Meyer? Far cry from what's your wars in? He was thinking, he was thinking about it, but he didn't do it. On news radio seven hundred w l W