Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begune.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Here we go again. We're going to running back.
Speaker 3: To get him on the show called eight six six, eight seven two five seven, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you catch your podcasts. Here's your host, David Vase.
Speaker 2: Last day, the Dodgers snap their four game losing streak. The panic in the streets is over. After the Dodgers shut out the Giants tonight by a final score of Ford to nothing behind a dominant performance from show Hey Otani, the pitcher, seven scoreless innings, eight strikeouts, two walks. He wins his third game of the year, and he just felt like O'tani was not going to allow the Giants to come up for air, and that certainly was the case, especially after the Dodgers scored the first two runs of this game in the bottom of the third inning on back to back home runs by Santiago Espinal and Mookie Betts. We have phone lines open. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. We're with you until eleven o'clock tonight. Jose Moda will join us at ten point forty. You'll hear from Jason Hayward in case you missed it earlier today. Jason Hayward has been hired by the Dodgers as a special assistant to Andrew Friedman, and Jason Hayward has aspirations to one day become a president of baseball operations or general manager. So he's not here just as a hood ornament. He's not here just to be around the guys. He's actually here to chase a goal. And we had a chance to catch up with Jason Hayward earlier today, and we'll share part of that conversation with you later in the show. Coming up in a moment you'll hear from show. Hey Otani, But yeah, damn right, I'm taking a victory lap on Mookie Bets. I told you last night Mookie Bets should be leading off tonight. The Dodgers agreed. He was leading off tonight and hit a home run back to back home runs in the bottom of the third inning. So I'm a firm believer that Mookie Bets should be leading off for the foreseeable future. Obviously, the season has twists and turns. We've already seen that in the first quarter of the season. But for me, with Otani doing what he's doing at age thirty one, asking him to be your leadoff hitter on top of what he did tonight is a lot to ask, and I just feel like O'tani would feel a lot less burden to try to be Superman leading off every single night that he's in there. Move him to move him to third. But Mookie Bets, to me, should be the leadoff hitter. And I know a lot of people out there believe that Mooki Bets has done hitting home runs and driving the baseball at age thirty three, But I've seen a renewed Mookie Bets the first two nights coming back off the injure list. I'm a big believer in Mookie Bets this year. I'm buying stock and Mooki Bets this year. And trust me, this guy, if you put him back in the leadoff spot, is going to feel empowered like he was tonight. And the reason why I say that is I remember Mooki Betts when the Dodgers brought him over in twenty twenty, they experimented with some weird lineups and Mooki was not the leadoff hitter after being the best leadoff hitter in baseball with the Red Sox. He finally had a meeting with Dave Roberts and Andrew Freeman and said, look, I feel like a point guard. I feel like I'm in control of the game being the leadoff hitter. I feel like Mooki is ready to take this on again, understanding what Otani is trying to do and what the Dodgers need from Otani and what they need from Mookie Bets again, and that's for Mookie Bets to be that great leadoff hitter that he was for the first part of his career. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number Kyle Tucker. Tonight had two doubles all of a sudden. Kyle Tucker now is starting to heat up. In his last fifteen games. He has fifteen hits. He's hitting three to zero six, He's getting on base at a four to twenty six clip. He has ten walks and only nine strikeouts, so that is more like Kyle Tucker and tonight he had two doubles. He scored on a Taascar Hernandez flared a right field in the fourth inning, so we're starting to see the Kyle Tucker the Dodgers signed during the offseason, so that's encouraging as well. But showe A. Otani the story of the night, not allowing the Giants to really get anything going and when they did, Willie Adamis forgot how many outs there were, which was in the seventh inning. And for Otani just the second time that he has pitched back to back starts, going seven innings, first time since twenty twenty three. I should say the second time in the last three years. This is the first time since twenty three that Otani has gone seven innings and back to back starts. He did it tonight by pitching seven scoreless innings with eight strikeouts and lowering his Major League leading era as a starting pitcher to zero eighty two. Let's head downstairs right now to hear from the best player on the planet.
Speaker 1: Show hey, Otani, tolly first to seven shutout innings tonight.
Speaker 2: You were efficient.
Speaker 4: How did you find navigating just through their lineupkakorris Man.
Speaker 1: Oh Mamasa's even.
Speaker 5: Think you something?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just did what I know I had to do today.
Speaker 7: And also just like collaborating with the pitching coach and Will Smith, just reading and reacting with the hitter swings.
Speaker 8: Your seven starts in and you have an e r A under one?
Speaker 5: In what ways do you feel like you're a better picture now than you were in other parts of your career?
Speaker 6: Like the feeling is pretty good. I feel really good with my pitches.
Speaker 7: But today, you know, the deep fly ball to and the the last out of the seventh inning, you know that have really swayed the uh, you know my e r A.
Speaker 6: So I think there's some luck involved as well.
Speaker 2: He sends a little bit of fatigue from you, especially offensively. How do you feel like you've adjusted to the first whole season of two way in two years?
Speaker 6: You know, money too, you from one didn't mist equal to this year?
Speaker 7: Off onio and here quota practice first and foremost, the fact that I'm not injured, that's a good thing, you know. I do want to contribute more offensively. I haven't done so uh this year, so I'm looking forward to doing that.
Speaker 2: All right, So who are we show Hao Tani? And certainly he's feeling good and he acknowledged the fact that Willie Adamas bailed him out in the seventh inning thinking there were two outs when there was only one. When Drew Gilbert hit that fly ball to Andy Paz, caught it on the warning track in right center field, and Adamis was rounding third base with only two outs in the seventh inning, it was an easy double up because Adamis don't know what he was thinking, but it certainly was not thinking about what was happening in the game at that point in time. So with the eight strikeouts tonight, sho Hao Tani has fifty strikeouts in his first seven starts of the season. He also has an ELRA under one. His ELRA now is zero eighty two. He is now just one of ten pitchers in baseball history through their first seven games in a season to have fifty or more strikeouts and a sub one ELRA, first one since Jacob Degram did it a few years ago. Three of those ten pitchers won the Cy Young, or four of those ten pitchers won the Cy Young Zach Grank, Randy Johnson, Roger Clemens, and Fernando Valezuela, So he is in elite company, one of just ten pitchers in baseball history through his first seven games to have fifty strikeouts and a sub one Elra. That's historic, and we are witnessing the greatest player in baseball history in real time. I know he's been struggling offensively, but how many guys can do what he's doing right now, even venturing to be a two way player and doing it better than anybody has ever done it. Tonight's game brought to you by Modello Modelo the mark of a fighter, and that's why I'm such a big advocate of helping to lessen the on Otani. Other than just giving him a day off from hitting tonight or tomorrow and or tomorrow, how about take the burden off of him being the leadoff hitter in the catalyst of the offense. Mookie Bets is definitely ready to go for that role again and it will trust me, empower Mookie Bets. You will get the best out of Mookie Bets. And who knows tonight Mookie might have showed off for one of his fancy bowling friends, Jason Belmonte, who was in the house tonight. Let's go out to Polo in San Diego. You're on Dodger talk with David vasse Hi Polo.
Speaker 4: Hi Dai, How are you nice to talk to you again?
Speaker 2: Hey, great to have you call in for the first time this year.
Speaker 4: I know it's been a long time.
Speaker 9: So first of all, I was back to a knowledge, you know, to Charlie Steigner.
Speaker 4: I was driving home the other day. Well come back. It was good to hear his voice again.
Speaker 9: I know, yes, you know. I have a question about you, Tani. And I was looking at you know, the MLB in the start, but how come Otani is not listed as the course he's got the lower c ra And then I was googling up and he said that because he's pitching and it's hitting, and so it's not it's not basically, it's not in the in the MLB stat But what I mean, what does that mean? It's got the lower c ra in pitching, So why is not listed as the best pitcher in baseball?
Speaker 4: That's what I want to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm not sure where you're looking, but he is listed when you look at the e r A leaders on MLB dot com, he is listed as the guy with the tops as far as e r A goes zero eighty two. Cam Schlittler of the Yankees has the second lost e RA in baseball and one thirty five. So yeah, he's he's there, Pallo. So go to MLB dot com. They've really done a great job of updating their leaderboard, team and individual players. That's where I go now to see all that stuff.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Dave.
Speaker 2: All right, Bonna note day. We'll see you in San Diego next week. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. By the way, show Hao Tani, Rick Monday, slip me this note. With two strikes tonight, the Giants were just two for nineteen with one walk. On the season. Hitters that have two strikes on them facing show Hao Tani are hitting zero seventy six seven for ninety two when they have two strikes on them facing show Hao Tani. This year he's putting hitters away, obviously, so certainly dominant stats from a dominant pitcher this year. Let's go out to stock Scott, who is at the stadium tonight. Hi Scott, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: Hey Dave, good to talk to you first time this season. How are you, buddy?
Speaker 2: Everything's great, especially when the Dodgers snap a losing streak.
Speaker 4: Thank god, looks like we got a feast tomorrow. We got Panda, we got Habit, we got Jack in the box. What a game so quickly. I won't take a lot of time because I know it's a short show. Tonight. Wow, what a performance. I was at the yard with my friend Rich and show Hey, he's practically unhittable, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, practically unhittable these days.
Speaker 4: So as far as you calling for Bets to be the leadoff, do you also think he should lead off when show hands in the DH I do.
Speaker 2: I don't think Sho Hao Tani should lead off. I think the Dodgers should consider he's the burden on him, feeling a guy that's pressing these days, especially offensively, and just you know, allow him to ease into the game and read and react to the game. I just feel like Mookie Bets would be empowered and you're taking a little bit of the burden off of Otani to be the Otani of the last two years that hit fifty home runs and jump started your offense.
Speaker 4: Well, he keeps putting the team on his back, doesn't he? Because last night he had really the only offense, and tonight he was on defense, so I was just glad to see the team give him some bats day. If you're the bomb, I love you Dodgers baby.
Speaker 2: All right, Scott, Yeah, thank you for the phone call. It's not a knock on Otani. I'm just empathizing with what he's asking of himself to do. That's a lot to ask. It's one thing to do it when you're twenty seven years old, it's another to do it at thirty one years old. And certainly I'm not one of those guys that says you should shut down O'tani from playing games to reset to get healthy. I'm not one of those guys that says Otani shouldn't pitch, because that's not realistic. He is going to pitch. He's going after the cy Young this year. But what I am saying is he is pitching. He is all in on pitching, and he's not the same hitter that he was the last couple of years. So why are you going to expect the same results if he's not that guy to start the season. So move him down in the order. I'm not saying hit him seventh or eighth. I'm just saying move him down in the order. And have mooky Bets be Mooky Bets and make Mooki Bets feel like, yeah, we need you. We need you to be Mooky Bets, not just another guy. And you know, I can't believe, really how many of you have forgotten about Mooki Bets. Nobody called to ask about Mooky Bets. Nobody called and said, you know what we're missing Mookie Bets. I was shocked. I feel like I'm the only guy in LA that remembered who Mooky Bets was and that the Dodgers needed mooky Bets. And he proved. He made me look good tonight because he did get the opportunity to lead off, and he was that mooky Bets hitting back to back home runs with Antiago Espinal in the third inning. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk. When we come back, you'll hear from Jason Hayward. We'll get you an update on Tyler glassnow and River Ryan. Plus we'll check in with Jose Mota. After the Dodgers shut out the Giants four to nothing on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 10: On air at am five to seventy, online at am five seventy, la sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app. This is Dodger Talk with David Bassi the.
Speaker 1: Two one to Bets, How Bets smashes one to.
Speaker 2: Left field back to back with Bets, good to see you move.
Speaker 6: First home run off the injury list is third of the season. Two nothing Dodgers in a blink.
Speaker 2: Mookie Betts has seven hits this season. Three of them are home runs, including that one, the back end of back to back home runs off a Robbie Ray to begin the third inning. The Dodgers shut out the Giants four to nothing and snap their four game losing streak. The Dodgers do this despite really leaving a lot of runners on base tonight. They left seven runners on base. They were just two for ten with runners in scoring position, but hitting those two home runs, getting the lead early for a dominant Otani certainly was a big momentum change in this game and for the Dodgers in their last five games that they've played, because it feels like they've been playing from behind and they've been trying to climb an uphill battle that they really can't with this offense that's been averaging two runs per game since April eighteenth. Daniel Steelers presents the home Run Forecast. For your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniel Steelers gift card, visit a seventy LA sports dot com. He's the keyword home run into your name. You could win. Daniel Steelers Own the Dream. Also, Mooki hit the ball hard in the fourth inning. It was a line drive that Adamis leaped and made a catch on. Miguel Rojas was at second base. I did notice that he did give it a little crow hop when Robbie Ray was releasing the pitch and Mooki jumped all over a fastball. It was just right at Williadamas. So Moki's hitting the ball hard. And certainly, you know, people forget how good Mookie Beds is. You know, don't bury this guy. Many of you forgot about him. Don't bury this guy. All right, Let's check in with Jose Mota.
Speaker 1: It's tough to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 2: All right. Jose I asked for Muki to be the leadoff hitter without Otani in the lineup. I'm asking for it more. I feel like MOOKI leading off and show Hey hit somewhere you know between three and five would help a lot of things in a lot of different ways.
Speaker 5: I agree with you one hundred percent. Going back to when the Dodgers got Shohil Tawny Day, that was the design lineup. It wasn't show letting off Mookie second. It was Bets first or Tiny second. And that lasted through mid June in twenty twenty four until Muki betzk is hit by in a hand by Dan al Tabilla fastball the dollars, then Crusan and go to Denver and everything changed from there on where they actually asked if tany would you mind moving up? He's like no, it's all for the team. And then when Muki returned, he was adding second. So it's nothing strange, nothing new. Both guys were adaptable. But I think your point about making show just wait a little bit longer to see it that is not I agree hundred percent. At this point they got to read and react to show, he says, and I think it's time not to read and react to know that it's besting for the.
Speaker 4: Team Right now.
Speaker 2: Shohey said he's reading and reacting when he's pitching, reading swings. Has he improved a lot from the last time you saw him be a full time picture jose At reading swings and attacking and adapting in that way he has.
Speaker 5: And I think overall, you know, because of their culture and how respectful they are. Dave and I learned this by talking to the form of pitching coaches and over and WBC to some coaches in Japan. When he came here, obviously he came with the idea that that's how they taught in Japan. Hey, you later react, we might give you a card or report. Go and find out what guys are trying to do against you. And it took him a while to say, you know what, I'm going to just bring it in. Listen to what I've been taught, also listen to what's new here in the big leagues and follow a plan. But now reading and reacting is he is such a super picture elite level with great stuff that guys have an idea on what they want to do and he's able to counterfeit that counteract then you know, so think about that if a guy looking for he's gonna tell me that sweeper stars crossing over where he's able to bury that fastball in on you and repeat it inside. I think more guys should be based on that, like you know her big pictures. I mean, you know Clayton Kerschill talked about reacting to swings and that's a big part of knowing how to picture and Dave. The most important thing about this is navigating a lineup for a third time, even getting through a third time. It's about what guys are doing from swing number one to the second time they feed you to the third time, how you react, and just what they're doing against him.
Speaker 2: It feels like over the course of the last three or four starts show Hey is pumping more and more fastballs. Is that because the teams he's facing can't catch up to it? Does he feel more confident with his command of that fastball? Why are we seeing more and more fastballs?
Speaker 5: Your point number two command command has been an issue with a fastball. So when he overthrows, now that he's working on the first blase side of the rubber, which he didn't always do, he finds it that even though sometimes he thwer across his body, his fastball runs, he's got a consistent release point to utilize it and make it look sometimes like a cutter, and then make the four sever sometimes look up and in or down and in against the right handers like a sinker. So he's sortedly you know. Actually, if you pick up his relief point, you just never know from that relief point, which is almost prospering against you against against right had better water. The bone is going to go. And that's what he knows is reacting to guys if they're opening the front hip or diving in, he's able to bury it or run us a little bit more and spread it on top of that, then the differential with that splitter. Look at you how many splitters you feel it? Not because he's changing strikes. It's because he's going, Hey, if I'm throwing fastibles and I have command of it, even when I want to miss the command, why should I do anything different? My co author, and just adapt to what I'm seeing, forgetting sometimes about the Scullery report and just following your gut.
Speaker 2: Jose Mota is joining us. After the Dodgers shut out the Giants forward to nothing and snap their four game losing streak. Am I being a little bit too greedy here? Jose. I know, the Dodgers scored four runs, but it felt like again some of the stuff that's been plaguing them the last three weeks, situational hitting, being able to hit, just get base hits with runners and scoring position just didn't seem like it's all clicking yet. But because of the home runs, it kind of overshadowed some of that other stuff in the way Otani just wouldn't let the Giants come up for air. Obviously was a big factor in the win. But did you see do you see the same things that have been plaguing the Dodgers offense tonight?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a little energy.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean, I'll hop in that first step for a lot of guys. I Freddy Freeman, the kinds of plenty of Freddy Freeman seeing the second base. I mean, all those things matter a whole lot. Tail with a great up bat with Tucker at second base and briding through and getting a guy over third base, even though the run didn't score later. But those are the types of things that if you started doing them early in the game and stay with the process, eventually the baseball guts will reward you until gets some looper later on because he stays with a sag approach mental deal.
Speaker 4: Of the way.
Speaker 5: On top of that, you and I talked about, you know, I'm being afraid of being a good singles team. Just get some singles and understand that that creates rallities and keeps anythings alive, and also that it spoils a lot of pitches. They gun being able to get through Robbie Ray into Chris Sale this homestand that tells you a little bit more about the right. So I mean it's like for baffling, right, like wait a minute, But the way they've done it is by being a little more in control of the zone.
Speaker 4: And that's whut you so much?
Speaker 5: And maybe against lesser names, you know, Pardon for me saying that they're trying to a little bit too much to create. But certainly good to see Dave robertson the way he keeps guys involved in every one of these things by having spnol play today and having a planning with this guy student because they need to be fresh. And they responded quite well.
Speaker 2: Today, all right, Jose, thanks a lot for checking in. Great to talk to you after a Dodger's win.
Speaker 1: Care Pops, see no.
Speaker 2: Doubt great to see Pops out here. He was here for the win, so love to see it. And definitely the Dodgers offense was back rolling. There he goes. Jose Mota, part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast, got an update for you on a couple of Dodger pitchers. Tyler Glass Now, who was placed on the injured list last Saturday with lower back spasms, was out here playing catch from about sixty to seventy five feet for the first time since going on the IL. So that's a good sign. I wouldn't be surprised if he had some sort of quartzone injection to calm the inflammation down. Maybe that's what played into the Dodgers deciding, you know what, we're putting you on the IL, We're gonna help out your lower back with an injection. So maybe that's part of the reason why we really haven't seen him out here, but it was a good sign to see him. Also, River Ryan, many of you may have forgotten about River Ryan and how good of a spring he had. Well, he only made two starts for TRIAA Oklahoma City after injuring one one of his hamstrings, not really clear which one it was. But he hadn't pitched or hasn't started a game for Oklahoma City since April eleventh. Well, he's scheduled to start on Friday for OKC, which is good news for OKC and River Ryan, but also for the Dodgers because River Ryan, to me, seems to be the guy that Emma Shehan was for the Dodgers last year in the second half of the season. He's a guy that certainly the Dodgers are going to manage in the minor leagues, but is really going to help the team and the rotation in the second half of the season. So great to hear that River Ryan is going to be back on the mat at TRIPAA this Friday for Oklahoma City. We're gonna take you to the top of the hour. I know I suggested maybe replaying ice Cube after a Dodger win, but the Dodgers lost last night. And if you want to hear that interview, I would love for you to check it out on the iHeartRadio app. But I want to share with you a conversation that we had with Jason Hayward in just a moment. But first I want to remind you to celebrate ninety years of racing at Santa Anita Park every Friday through Sunday with millions of payouts every race day. For heart pounding action and new experiences, visit Santa Anita dot com slash events all Right. Jason Hayward one of the great guys you'll ever meet. Sixteen years in the big leagues. His first year in the Big leagues was Bobby Cox's final year managing the Braves, and Jason Hayward was an All Star his first year in the big leagues, won the World Series in sixteen with the Cubs, spent a year and a half with the Dodgers, but left such a big impression on so many people. And that's the reason why Andrew Friedman answered his call, because Jason Hayward has aspirations to be a GM one day. He had talked to a couple of other clubs, but the Dodgers is where he wanted to be, and he has aspirations to one one day leader front office, and he's willing to start from the ground up to learn how an organization works, how to evaluate. He was with one of the Dodgers pro scouts today, Dave Finley. He's hanging out with Raoul Labanyez and Chris Archer and he is officially a special assistant to Andrew Friedman, and we had a chance to catch up with Jay Hay.
Speaker 8: The reaction was well, first honestly, it was a lot of texting and I'll give you know, Gomer and Andrew credit because the season at all started like I said, and you know they're on pace for you know, trying to have another championship season and that's that's winning three in a row. So a lot of responsibility on their end. But no, we we did a lot of texting back and forth. Andrew said, look like we're going to pull up our slaves here and see what we can do to find find a space for you to come on and for one, contribute in ways we think you can help today, but also give you that opportunity you're asking for, and that's to learn and that's to you know, see what this side of the game looks like. So again like no, super grateful for the opportunity. And then the rest of the way with Brandon Gomes, you know, doing what he's done of court, former player, so he has that perspective, he's been in my shoes and he's been a great sounding board to talk to.
Speaker 2: On like what this may look like, how this feels right?
Speaker 8: And and again like Tyson Ross Chris Archer's you know same guys as well that that have done the same thing on sharing perspective. But no, our two front office guys, like our head Honchos so to speak, they've been absolutely instrumental and just you know, creating an opportunity for me this year to do something.
Speaker 2: Since your shoes are on the ground now, not the spikes, you have a different kind of view of how the team is playing and what you've been seeing. Obviously they're not swinging the bats as well as we saw in the first few weeks of the season. What do you see and what do you remember as a player when you're kind of in this group type slump. How do you get out of it?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 8: I think there are always going to be different ways to get out of things right out of those slumps, David, because every year's a different year.
Speaker 1: Every year is a new year.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yehour, amazing twenty twenty five, amazing photo finish twenty twenty six. They're gonna be different variables along the way, and you've got to figure out how to get through those and I think it's just this group being creative. They're gonna have fun with it, you see it with some changes in the celebration. And I was listening to you on Dodger talking one the other day saying, please get rid of that the kick, you know, kick the bad vibes out of there, which I completely understand.
Speaker 2: But I think it's just the.
Speaker 8: Fact that they're forward thinking, right, they're realizing, all right, we know things aren't going how we want them to go. Let's get creative on ways to stay in the moment. Let's do our best to have fun. But I think most importantly, to be honest, it's call a spade has paid and they realize things aren't going how they want them to go right now. But every day we see the work they put in out here on the field, We see the work in the clubhouse and in the cage in the weight room. So no doubt in my mind the process will rise over the results and there'll be where they need to be. Just need to get a few people.
Speaker 2: Healthy, yeah, no doubt, and maybe do the Freddie Freeman, not the dance, but maybe simplify things. Seaball hit Ball.
Speaker 8: On Seaball Hit Ball helps, but no, the game is hard. The game is hard, and there's something to be said about being that last team standing back to back years, playing the most games, managing pitching staffs and innings and all these things. Like again, there's so many variables of being that team that wins it. The first variable is nobody feels sorry for you at all. Right, so every day teams are getting enough to play against you, and that's what you want to have happen. But again, you just got to be creative, got to be open minded and realize that it's not always going to be how we got here, How we won the first one might be a little different in the second one, how we win that third one might look a little different. But you just find a way to do it and trust the people you have in the room.
Speaker 2: That was part of our conversation with Jason Hayward, who is certainly a wise man and always had great conversations with him in the clubhouse when he was at his locker. Just taught me a lot, and that's a big reason why the Dodgers did not hesitate when Jason Hayward reached to bring him back into the organization because he's not here just to be around or just to get out of the house. He actually has a goal. He really does want to be at a higher, higher level in a front office, and he's doing it the right way, learning from the best, starting at the bottom, going to the minor league, affiliates all that stuff. So if you to hear the full conversation with Jason Hayward, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. And man, he admitted he admitted that he listens. How about that. A rare person admitting in public that played the game of baseball at a high level listening to Dodger talk. How about that? I wonder if he listened when he was playing. Not too many people will admit it while they're playing that they're listening to this on the way home. But I appreciate Jason Hayward coming out and saying, you know what, I listened, So thank you Jason Hayward. Anyway, Yeah, just awesome to have him back. And he commands so much respect. He's so genuine, and that's what players want. He understands that as a player, all he wanted was somebody to be genuine, whether his manager, his coaches, his front office, just wants that's what players want. Be yourself, don't be somebody else, Be Jenet genuine, and be upfront with me. Don't lie to me. That's what players have told me over the years. And he said something else that you know, I remember Andre Ethier telling me a long time ago. Every season is unique. Just because he hit three hundred last year and he had thirty home runs and things were great for you, doesn't mean the next year you can do it again, because it's hard to start all over again. That's what makes the Otani's, the Freeman's better than everybody. They're able to do that. That's what makes you a multi All Star, makes you a Hall of Famer, being able to do it year after year year because you see it all the time. Some years a guy has a great season and then dips the following year and then bounces back. It's hard to start all over again, and every season is unique. That's something that I remember hearing Andre Ethiers saying. It was great to hear Jason Hayward remind us of all that. All right, that'll do it for us tonight on Dodger Talk Tomorrow, Emit Shean will be on the mound for the Dodgers. He's two and one with an ERA of four to seventy nine, going up against Lyndon Rupp or Roupe who is five and three with an ERA at three zero nine. Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck begins at six o'clock, first pitch at seven ten with Rick Monday and Tim Neverett. Tomorrow night after the game, Tim Kats will have postgame in Dodger Talk. In fact, he'll have it tomorrow night and the entire Angels series in Anaheim because I'll be filling in for Kirsten Watson on sports net LA starting Tomorrow night all the way through Sundays. So that's the lineup for the broadcast. Booth and Steven Nelson will be on sports net LA tomorrow night as well with Oral Herscheizer, So looking forward to that. Thanks to Colin Ye for all his help back at our burd Bank Studios. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Dodgers Stadium, and thanks to you for listening in case you missed any of the show. Come on you know where to go the iHeartRadio app. Make us a preset, subscribe to Dodger Talk like Jason Hayward apparently does once again, the final score tonight, does O'toni listen? Do you think Otani's listening right now? Does he podcast? I mean, he might be asleep by now, but I feel like maybe he's podcasting on the way here. I like to believe that anyway. Once again, the final score tonight, the Dodgers shut out the Giants forward to nothing. Have a great rest of your night. See you
Speaker 4: Just come