Speaker 1: Puncture. Yeah, I was, uh sorry to introduce the show that way. But my boy here and I were talking on the phone today and he was talking about salting his driveway and he went.
Speaker 2: Down, went down hard, man, man went down.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I was like, I had the bucket of salt, so I had to plow my draw you've been in my house, it is, you know, it's a beast. So I plow it with my quad and I did that about six times. But I wanted to put a little uh pore it down to you know, just to meld it a little bit. And yeah, I was kind of finished throwing the last little bit on the steep parlor hill and foo feet go out basically head over heels, and my head landed between the like between the concrete. In my head was the salt bucket, and just I smashed my head into it. So I guess see it's like a little puffy right there in a little punk sure out there, man, thank you, I did.
Speaker 1: I did have to lay it or a second. I went down horrible. You're lucky Kelly didn't find you on Sunday morning like Nicholson at the end of the shining like Urk.
Speaker 2: I actually did think of that. I thought to myself as I'm laying there, like if this was more serious, like how long would it be before she looked out aside and said, I heard from Rock a couple of hours maybe actually that guy. I wondered how long it would be. But luckily I didn't have to find that out. And I got up and uh staggered back to the house were it'd have make great story. But anyways, but even with all I said, and I don't think I had as bad a weekend as your hometown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say, talking about Nicholson sitting in the ice at the end of the shining Apparently that's what some of the people were doing in the seats at the at the stadium yesterday, Like, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Guess I don't understand it now, Corny, the Bengals, they're gonna say that they did what was required, which is you you you clear the you know the aisleways and do all that that doing the seats is not required. But it begs to ask the question, if you're paying that amount of money for tickets to come to a game, it's in single digits, should you do a little more than just the requirement because other teams do. I mean all there was pictures posted all over the internet, the Eagles, the Bills, many other like hey offer seats cleared off.
Speaker 1: So well, and I are say bring it up, and I was that's the first thing I thought of. It seems to me like I've read about the certainly the Bills did it. The Eagles, I think I've done. I want to say, even the Steelers did it. Where you offer the fans twenty bucks an hour and a seat, a ticket voucher for a future game to come and you know, bring your snowshelvel on, your blowers, your leaf blowers and whatnot. Help out people big flock.
Speaker 2: So the question is did they not think of that, did they not care? Or do they not want to spend the money?
Speaker 1: You tell me, because I think we know the answer.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I would think they would come out today and be like, hey, you know what, we kind of overlooked this in the future. This is something we could have happened, could have happened. But so that was off the field. Let's talk about what did happen on the field. Uh, it was maybe one of the worst Bengals performers and certainly of the season, maybe the worst I've seen a long time, and a lot of people have said it, but I agreed. I told my wife early on, I was like, they don't look like they want to be playing right now. I agree with them. They looked you know, you always, you know, growing up and playing football, you always hear from the coach, always tell you, like, you know, don't be that team that looks cold out there. They looked cold. They looked like they were freezing, and and the Ravens looked like they were not.
Speaker 1: And that's a bad combination on a day like that. Well that's again just me and my wife watching the game. And there were a couple of injuries where it was like oh ow ow ow ow uh, I think I'm hurt. And there were a couple of obviously legit situations, but there were a couple that like looked like justp like he just wants to go put me in the blue ten. Do they have eat in there?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, cool?
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean the offense was bad. They had three drives inside the Ravens like thirty five yard line, got zero points. You know, then the pick six happened. You know, one time Burrow they're in, they're in field goal range. He takes like a fifteen yard sack. That was one of his worst games, and it's, you know, coming off a week where he was, you know, questioning everything and what's what's wrong with the team, and he did not have another good game. Another pick six, Yes, that was the same thing. When we were watching that, when he took that sack again, that was in the other room and all that. She's if, well, you have your kids, you can comment to them. So I'm my only commentary. She's in the other room doing something and I'm like, ah, and she's like, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 1: Well Burrow just took like a twenty yard sack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's something he never does, you know, it's yeah, it's I just think it's these things can happen in a season that's that's lost and you know, realistically there's no real chance of making the playoffs, and it all kind of came together on a just a bad, bad day.
Speaker 1: Well, let's take your calls five, one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one, especially if you were there, like to hear how your experience was. But let's get to Matt and pleasant Ridge. Hey, Matt, what's going on? What do you got?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: So I got to defend my bangles a little bit. But years ago they had a thing where they did that. They had people come down to the stadium Claire out. I don't know what it was for hour they were paying people. So I decided to try to do it. And I couldn't find a shovel within fifty miles were here.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, to find a shovel. Yeah, so you're going to buy go down and do your do your bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah so, But I don't know why they haven't done that since or who was in charge of it. It was yours. I don't even know if it was Riverfront. It might have been Riverfront Stadium that that happened in. But uh yeah, well but yeah, they they did do it once.
Speaker 4: Maybe they forgot all.
Speaker 1: Right, thanks man. I don't know that works, but all I know is that other people have. We've seen it work successfully for these other teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then again with today's NFL, I often say I just feel like the Bengals are stuck in like the old way of doing things. When you know when that that might kind of saw like his dad did in the early days again, more like the eighties, when little like when little things like that, like paying people money to clear the seats, that that might have actually had a maybe a tiny or a little bit of an effect on the bottom line. These days, not at all. This is a multi billion dollar business with TV contractions. The millions of dollars you can pay people, you know whatever, it costs five grand, ten grand, something like that, just to clear the seats off. It's worth. It's so much worth the money spending that and goodwill you're gonna get. It doesn't matter on your bottom line. I don't know if it's that or you just didn't think about it, or they didn't care.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to Kevin and Alexandria. Hey Kevin, what'd you see?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 7: I did not go to the game yesterday, but my wife and son went. And about halfway through the games she went in the restroom and peeled off all the car hearts, went the bathroom, come out, went back the seat and realized she left her purse in the bathroom and looked at frantically everywhere, couldn't find it, and somebody sent her a message on Facebook. They actually found her ID in her purse, salesman from macy it's his wife and they actually had left the game, didn't know what to do with that. They actually drove back to drove back to give it to her. All her money, her keys, everything was in there. So that was a good note for the game.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't the Bengals that found it. It was just a random person.
Speaker 1: Correct, but yeah, correct.
Speaker 7: And she had one of those Apple find Me whatever things and she could see it going down Columbia Parkway and she's like, somebody's taking the purse. It's gone, and I mean she's in the rental car is the only key. It looked like a real down day. But one of the Mingal fans came back with her purse, so at least the fans did a good job.
Speaker 2: There you go. I expect nothing less the thing.
Speaker 1: Kevin, do you have a name on that? But on that person, we'll give him a prop.
Speaker 7: I do not.
Speaker 8: I do not.
Speaker 7: My wife has it on her Facebook page and they're gonna definitely get a big thank you gift.
Speaker 1: Nice and s keV, let's stuck to it. Joe in West Union And Joe, you used to work at PBS back in the day, eh.
Speaker 4: Yes, I worked about your three seasons. I worked for the game, six o'clock in the morning. I worked during the week. They got air Mark people walk around over the place that don't absolutely nothing on game day two weeks they get down south. Plus they have Pleno Cruise for two or three days at the game. They could have figured up out that's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, well that's you would you would think.
Speaker 5: And thanks too.
Speaker 1: How much is it caught? You were talking about this being a multi billion dollar industry here right? How many?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Sorry, if you have to buy one hundred leaf blowers, how much does that cost? Is that's not even ten grand? That's five grand?
Speaker 2: Right? But again I don't know if I'm making sense, but if thirty years ago, forty years ago.
Speaker 1: That that money matters absolutely.
Speaker 2: But now it does. But again in the same way as like with their their scouting staff being so small, I think they say, well, what's how how we always have done it, How dad did it, how dad did it? Right? Well, but it's it's changed. Things have changed in so many ways, and like look at what the top organizations are doing and say, if we're not doing those three things that they're doing, why not, and let's start doing them right now. That seems to be what every business does when they look around and say, how can we get to the top, what's the best doing, and how do we how do we replicate it?
Speaker 1: Right now, we're getting to Kyle and Sabred Aard. Hey, Kyle, what's up?
Speaker 9: Not much?
Speaker 10: I was I was at the football game yesterday and I had to clear my own seat off. But I was thinking, it really wasn't that much snow and I paid twenty dollars for that seat, So are they obligated to brush it off for me?
Speaker 2: Well, if you paid twenty dollars, I see you got a pretty I got a nice bargain because a lot of folks are paid a lot more than that.
Speaker 1: Where did you get the twenty dollars ticket? Kyle?
Speaker 2: Was that?
Speaker 1: Do you scout that outside or something? I'm just curious.
Speaker 10: No, it was Ticketmaster and there was a section three h four up top. But I end up moving down anyway to the two hundreds on the sunny side of the stadium, and I was a lot better off.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well thanks, Kyle, But we're just talking about goodwill here.
Speaker 2: You know you don't have to do it but but I would say, especially in today's world of social media, like twenty years ago, bad look that would not have spread like wildfire, but now something like that, and you got to be ahead of those things. You got to think about Okay, they in the day and age of social media, when the littlest thing that affects a lot of people can gain a lot of steam. Let's gett in front of that. But that just doesn't seem to happen. It do seem to happen. Something needs to think of that and go before this happens. Let's let's let's do this, be proactive. And maybe it doesn't make a big deal, but it ain't. It's not that much skin off her back anyway, let's go ahead and do it.
Speaker 1: Well, you see the thing you're hitting the nail on the head with all the viral pictures, every viral picture of it, like a two or three people sitting in a pile of snow with every seat around them covered in snow and ice. Well, it's just a bad look. Like you said, get out ahead of it. I would say this too. If the Bengals were winning the division and or had ten wins, were going for their eleventh win, you probably wouldn't have cared.
Speaker 2: But when the season's going like this, everybody's looking for something to jump on and you gave it to them.
Speaker 1: Well, if they would the escort of it reversed and the Bengals won by twenty four zip, people would be feeling I'll clean my own damn seat. But when you that whole experience and that happens, Now, let's talk to a Julie in her car. What's going on, Julie.
Speaker 11: Hey, gentlemen, there may be one angle that we're missing here that could have happened. I know the Reds do this, though I'm sure the Bengals do as well, but they hire companies that hire day laborers. Are you guys familiar with what day laborers are?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Sure, Okay, So there's pickup points around the city and people without jobs. Some of them are homeless, some of them are the working poor. But they pick up in buses for large events like this for the cleanup crew, and they're paid by check at the end of the day, and they're usually picked up just before dawn, so that's really early. With the weather yesterday, they might not have had a big turnout of people wanting work. On that day, So they had to funnel the labor that they did get to those other areas, to the fields, to the public areas, to everything, but to seat.
Speaker 2: So it's a possibility, I agree, But I guess the question is why do other organizations they have enough people to clear the aisles that they have to do, but also do the seat and do all the things when.
Speaker 1: I'm paying one hundred dollars a seat man, Yeah, I'm looking forward a little bit of customer service. We'll talk more about it as we go, but right now, traffic and weather. What is going on right now?
Speaker 12: From the u SEE Health Traffic Center. U See Health Cancer Center offers advanced surgical options for complex pancreatic cancers. And you can forget a second opinion at you see Health at five point three five point five you see see see Well. Traffic is sewing as you make your way on seventy five. It's through the road work round the Reagan Highway to Norwood Ladder, about a ten minute trip. Now traffic is sowing. From Cooper. We'd have two seventy five eastpoint after Hamilton, two lanes biyed with a crash watch for us. So it haunts back to Coal Ray. Now this is a big delay and traffic is getting by in the center lane only Glen Way West and Wilder. That is a structure fire and just avoid the area. And we have seventy five northbound Norwood Laud or the Paddock Now it's about a seven minute drive south found seventy five. Also from Western Avenue to the BRN Spence is about a five minute trip. My Rix Rapnews Radio seven hundred double do well W.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW Weather Center Ford denied partly cloudy skies and seventeen for tomorrow partly cloudy and forty one. It is twenty four now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: It's a three hour Hooday hodown with Dave Blackland, Lance McAllister and your favorite Orange and Black player. It's Bengos Live tonight at six on seven hundred WLW, home of the best Bengos covering view.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Whathouse Spa. Ask about their holiday bonus guard.
Speaker 14: When you want to give that truly means something, Choose what house SPA give her something she'll truly feel.
Speaker 2: Calm, renewal and.
Speaker 14: Timed color and beauty to the moments that matter most. Each stone is chosen for its brilliance, each design created to honor the ones who shape our lives. Celebrate the season by giving the one you love something truly unforgettable. Visit James Free dot com and let love take shape James Free Home to the Unforgettable.
Speaker 15: Jeff Weillernissan dot com.
Speaker 1: Oh, right back with Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 2: And later on ED We're gonna talk with ABC about the Rob Reiner situation that was wild. I woke up early this morning and saw that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw right before I went to bed last night. I just happened to be scrolling through my phone and all it said at first was two people dead inside Rob Reiner's home. I was like, what is he run an Airbnb or something? And then this didn't dawn on me at the time that I woke up this morning's like oh grab yeah.
Speaker 2: But another news that on this day in history, nineteen seventy nine, this band started a five week run at number one on the UK singles Helicopter.
Speaker 16: This sound like it's landing on the stinking building, and we all look at each other and go, oh my gosh, you know again you can't talk and we all all three four of us run out of the apartment to look at what is going on outside, and we get right outside the door. Some of us are actually out of the apartment, some of us are like in the doorway, and all of a sudden, write the lyrics start right, and we all just kind of creeped back in, sat on the couch and listened to the song. And I think each one of us were too embarrassed that actually confront one another as to how stupid we work.
Speaker 1: So Rob, let's give you an easy out of this. We're how many bong hits had you done? If you're just going to tell me you guys were just sitting there smoking cigarettes, drinking coffee and you did that, we're going to frown on you.
Speaker 16: Whether it was whether no, there was no coffee, there's definitely no cigarettes, and there was not a bong we were that. I don't know, naives, We're just gonna go at that. This was the middle of the afternoon. We had just gotten back from the store, so this was like, I don't know, this might have been six o'clock, five o'clock in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's bong o'clock someplace thanks, thanks Rob. But I know I know the song that he's talking about. I mean that album was one of the greatest. It's the best produced album really, of which one again the Wall, the Wall, all the transition stuff is crazy good. But you said I had too much filler in. Well, it's a lot of that stuff. There was a lot of you know, well.
Speaker 2: Shine on Your Crazy Diamond has like a ten minute intro of just like synthesizer, oh, like the original version of it. And I know this because I tried downloading the song once. Yeah, like got the song is fifteen minutes long. Well, the first eight minutes is just like my wind and.
Speaker 1: Stuff, right.
Speaker 2: You proper frame of mind, not river River radio, airplane.
Speaker 1: You want me to draw it chalkboard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it, now, I get it. Maybe that was why I didn't appreciate the ten minute intro in.
Speaker 1: Direct like its minutes long. Yeah it sucks.
Speaker 17: Let's check in with traffic and weather. What is going on from the UC Health Traffic Center. You see, cancer center offers advanced surgical options for complex liver and pancreas cancers and clinical tries you don't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion called five win three five eight five you see see see well on to seventy five east bound after Hamilton. We have two lanes blocked now with this accident. You're delayed back to Cold Raine. It's about a half hour delay with traffic getting by in the center lane, right lane taking up seventy five southbound between Paddock and Norwood latteral about a fifteen minute to so down from Sheppard and on seventy five northbound between two seventy five and but of Milk Pike. Getting word of a breakdown has a right lane blocked in Kentucky. You've got about a ten minute delay. And then we have seventy five sowing northbound Norwood latterl to Paddock and southbound it's about a ten minute drive now from Western Avenue to the Spence Bridge and two seventy five westbound and went into Hamilton, it's about a five minute drive wine Rick Shremp News Radio seven hundred double D weld w DOW.
Speaker 1: The forrecast from a seven hundred WLW weather Center. Ford toned partly cloudy skies and seventeen for tomorrow partly cloudy and forty one. It is twenty four now. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: All right, mister Penny, I'm going to say a word, and you tell me the first thing that pops into your mind got you doc comfortable? Scott's loan desirable?
Speaker 18: Scott's loan.
Speaker 5: You cannot say Scott's bone every time?
Speaker 2: All right, all I won't goodhod.
Speaker 5: The word is charming a monkey, But that's good.
Speaker 2: With a monkey in the jungle listening to Scott's.
Speaker 1: Loan, Scott's loan, you may become obsessed.
Speaker 19: Join me Scott's Loan tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Monkey listening to scott sloan?
Speaker 2: Are you telling me they don't?
Speaker 14: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming.
Speaker 20: Good to Miami Valley Gaming on December twenty seven for a chance to win a Ford thirty five.
Speaker 1: Must be twenty one Yeah toime of the hour after the news, be talking to our good friend Dave Header, our tech guy here, talking about again what he's always He's always spewing his stuff, and we always used to give him crap about, you know, being paranoid about toys or your toaster spying Alexa.
Speaker 2: And all those things, all all the smart devices that increasingly people have more and more of in their home. Well, now, I guess there's toys that are powered by AI and can give you some kind of bone chilling responses when you ask it.
Speaker 1: Things we're talking about spewing communist doctrine. So it's bizarre we're going to be talking to Dave about it. But rocking other news, this happened in Glasgow, Scotland. A guy dropped into he was in a virtual meeting and early earlier in the month, but forgot to turn his camera off, which people often do. I guess he must have been on his laptop, you right, and people.
Speaker 2: Do some pretty dangerous things on their laptops when they don't think it's on.
Speaker 1: Well, and apparently this guy thought that, so he as soon as the meeting ended, he walked in and sat on the toilet with his laptop in his lap. And so he's sitting there, just starting to do his business and one of somebody goes, you do realize you're still on right, and yeah, well, oh wow, sorry, yeah, what are you gonna do? And he said, and his thing was, uh, I'm I'm diabetic and I need frequent comfort breaks.
Speaker 2: When you just.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you just say I wouldn't make an excuse him like, oh crap, I'm had to go to the bathroom. Yeah I didn't, it was still on. So sorry about your luck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll make some elaborate lie. It makes even sound shadier when you do that.
Speaker 1: Well that's kind of my point.
Speaker 17: It's like, uh, if you're making an excuse that makes these sound, it makes it sound like you were doing it on purpose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're trying to be a Oops.
Speaker 1: Accidents happen.
Speaker 2: So I've never I mean I've had I've been on zoom calls where people thought that their camera was off, but no, nobody that did anything really bad. I was on a ESPN college football conference call with like everybody and and somebody thought their line was muted and it wasn't, and they said something. It got him fired, like, oh yeah it was not. It was the whole thing as soon as as soon as the person said it, you know, me and everybody else in the calls like oh no, no, no, no, no, stop stop stoping. Oh but then it was too late. Yeah, gotta be careful.
Speaker 1: Well, there are people around here can speak to that, but we should go nameless. But yeah, I was when we were all working from Zoom and stuff. We were all working from home and all that deb was doing. She used to do this thing for I think it was I think it was Channel nineteen and it was a legal show where she was kind of the moderator for it, but she had this lawyer who would take calls and whatnot, and they had it was like one a half our show. I don't know if I remember it was once a week.
Speaker 5: Does matter.
Speaker 1: But She's got her zoom camera set up and I'm walking around. I'm wearing gym shorts and a T shirt. I'd just gotten up and I'm walking around and it's our spare bedroom there and I'm like, and it was my office, but she used the computer. So I'm in there just like shoveling through some paperwork and whatnot. I'm going to go down in the kitchen and do the work nice and so whoever, I like, I said, I want to say it was nineteen, but it was ever in the newsroom, Go tell it or we don't want to see them walking around. It is underwear there at my house, coming in my house. It wasn't like I was wearing my tidy white He's wearing freaking gym shorts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well they do know your history, and they wouldn't have put it beside.
Speaker 21: You know.
Speaker 1: Well, they're like, y'all was doing something else.
Speaker 2: Right, I know, But but that that was one of the early things when when everyone's on zoom overnight right next all though, people do not understand that the camera captures everything and in your background and yeah.
Speaker 1: Well you see, yeah, people getting caught doing trying to cover their butts, but they don't do it, right, does that make it? You know what I'm saying. They take a picture of themselves or like a selfie like see I was with Deb, I was with Rocky last night. See, but then there's this cute girl that Deb thinks that I've been having an affair with, sitting right behind you, sipping my tie or something. Yeah. Yeah, well you tell Rocky he's in trouble too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You gotta be very very careful about what is in the picture and what is not. Yes, because lots of sleuths out there. I can put a few clues together and.
Speaker 1: Write, oh, they'll show their girl. What do you think of this picture? Like, well, that's his girlfriend sitting right behind there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like happen to many of men.
Speaker 1: Not like this has happened. I want to make that quite clear.
Speaker 17: I wish it would, but anyways, we're going to be talking to Dave Hadter after the news right now.
Speaker 1: News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 22: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W sin Sinnati.
Speaker 19: Police say Rob Reiner's son is responsible for the deaths of his father and mother. This is the four o'clock report. I'm Matt Reese breaking now. Nick Reiner is being held without bail now in Los Angeles after the murders of his father, Rob and mother, Michelle. They were found dead in their home in the upscale Brentwood neighborhood. Reiner's daughter discovered her parents ABC's Alex Stone.
Speaker 23: She found her mom and dad yesterday. They had been stabbed to death.
Speaker 3: They were down.
Speaker 23: The nine one one call was for medical aid to the La Fire Department. They then came and they realized this is going to be a police call and that the police department was going to need to come in.
Speaker 19: It's ABC's Alex Stone. Nick Reiner as a history of drug abuse and fights with his dad, Rob, who was seventy eight years old, mother was sixty eight. Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, the Hollywood Historic Trust. They're going to be placing memorial flowers on Reiner's star this afternoon. It is along Hollywood Boulevard, next to the star of his late father, Carl Right time to check your drive home this afternoon. We have the latest traffic and weather together from.
Speaker 12: The UC Health Traffic Center. U Sea Health's Cancer Center offers advanced surgical options for complex liver and pancreaus, cancers, and clinical trials you won't find anywhere else. In a second opinion, now, I'll call five one, three, five eight five. You see see see two seventy five east Spawn After Hamilton More continues to clared accident, two lanes are bought to lates go back to coal Raine traffic getting by in the center lane. We do have seventy five southbound Paddock to Norwood lateral with an accident now blocking the right lane to lay us back to Sheppard. About a fifteen minute slow down through the area. And we have two seventy five work course on US between US fifty two and five mile that has our right lane affected. Delays the Ketogg It's about a ten minute delays through the area. Seventy five northbound Norwood Loud Little Paddock and southbound seventy five Western Avenue to the Brent Spence Stop and go to seventy five having went into Hamilton. I'm Rick Shremp news Radio seven hundred WYLW.
Speaker 24: Now the latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advanced dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 19: We're expecting rain by Thursday. Much different weather picture than what we're dealing with today.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 19: We're looking at a low down to about fifteen degrees tonight. Right now we have twenty five degrees in Cincinnati at NewsRadio seven hundred WYLW. As it gets progressively warn manhunt continues in Providence, Rhode Island for a gunman who killed two students wounded nine others at Brown University over the weekend. Man who was taken into custody turned out not to be the shooter. In Sydney, Australia, the age of those murdered ranged from ten to eighty seven. A father and son opening fire at an event to Mark Knight, one of Hanukkah leaving fifteen people dead forty injured. Father is fifty four years old killed by police. Twenty four year old son was critically injured. Fbis as, a pro Palestinian group, was plotting to bomb multiple American companies in LA. On New Year's Eve, four people arrested part of the Turtle Island Liberation Front, a far left, anti capitalist group that's intent on spreading chaos. Group planned on using improvised explosive devices they were in the process of testing in a remote camp in the Mojave Desert. Forced suspects all from the LA area. Nobody's been able to win the power Ball over forty three drawings, and tonight the jackpot is up to one point one billion dollars, the sixth biggest ever.
Speaker 22: Seven hundred WLW sports.
Speaker 25: College football quarterback Brendan Soorsby has opted out of the Liberty Bowl and has ended to transfer. Portal Cincinnati Bearcats guard Evan Tengstol out of date and has been named to the AP All America Third Team Offense Bengals Up be brought to you by Good Spirits, Wine and Tobacco and Party Town, thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals drop out of the playoff picture in four and ten With that loss to the Ravens, what's next? More to night on Bengals line six oh five. Right here on seven hundred WLW. Monday Night Football, Miami's at Pittsburgh at seven on ESPN fifteen thirty. Bill Edison, seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 19: Right up against the clothes on Wall Street. The Dow is down twenty points, s and P five hundred. It's also down by eight and a half and Nasdaq is one hundred and twenty two points. It is four oh five. Next news of four point thirty Matt Reeves News Radio seven hundred double all double.
Speaker 15: This report is sponsored by oh Keef's Working Hands hand cream.
Speaker 26: That number on your dash says it's freezing and your dry winter hands. They agree, Oh Keep's Working Hands. The hand cream and the green package instantly relieves dry cracked skin. Winter's tough, but your hands don't have to be Oh Keep's Working Hands.
Speaker 2: I'm Jeff Stevens.
Speaker 1: If your lunchtime. As far as the Christmas gifts go, Santa's starting to panic. Santa Dad start a panic, going to all the malls, going to all the but is there even a Toys r US anymore and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I think they're trying to bring them back, but I'm not. I don't know where one is. But yeah, it's that time of year, especially guys like me and you are starting to panic because we haven't done anything right squat exactly. But for the kids, there's so many technology driven toys, AI driven toys now. But I guess some of these toys are responding to kids and ways you wouldn't really think they would. But here we are.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to our good friend Dave Adder about it, our tech guy Dave, we always rock and I were talking about it again today. We used to make fun of you, saying you were just a paranoid guy with your tinfoil hat on. But every time I read something because like Day's a genius, usould be the king. It really is. Truly, this is kind of this is screwy, these toys that are met for kids, and they the AI Chine a lot of it, Chinese telling these kids all kinds of wacky stuff.
Speaker 3: Explain, Yeah, it's pretty crazy.
Speaker 8: In first ofst Eddie, I really wish you were right and I was just a paranoid guy that all of the things we talk about weren't real, but yet here we are. So there had been a number of stories, and I'm going to point out, you know, the idea of Internet of things or smart device toys or not new. They've been around for a while, and there have been lots of problems with these, either for the introduction of AI to them, whether it's you know, web cameras and microphones that are recording your kid, or that hackers can take over and talk to your kid and things like that, you know, data collection on your kids going to China and who knows where else. It's been a problem for a while. So my general recommendation, and think you guys does know I'm not a fan of the Internet of things, these so called smart devices because they're generally privacy and security dumpster fires on every level. But now you have kids toys sold the kids, you know, they look like Teddy bears and other stuffed animals and that sort of thing integrated with AI. They are apparently doing all kinds of crazy things. And there's been multiple reports on this, but this recent one from NBC News, and we won't have time to get through the whole thing, but I encourage people go look this up. It's from December levels because it's very detailed. AI Toys for Kids talk about sex and issue Chinese Communist Party talking points test show. So it's been pretty wild stuff. You know. Researchers bought a bunch of different toys and just.
Speaker 2: Tried to test them.
Speaker 8: Now, admittedly they're pushing these things to see what they'll do, right, but they find that there's all kinds of crazy stuff happening. In one case, a researcher asked asked the toy, like, where can I find the knife?
Speaker 21: And I told him.
Speaker 8: They told him how to sharpen knives. They told them how to light matches. I mean, how often would it be for like your five year old to get instructions from some AI toy about how to light matches and you come home and your whole house has burned there. But it gets worse than that, guys, it gets way worse than that. Again, I'm working off the reporting in this article, and this is not the only reporting on this, but this is the most detailed I've seen so far. I'm quoting directly from the article as why Chinese President Xijingking looks like the cartoon character Winni depoo the comparison that has become an internet meme because it's sensitive China. Mulu, one of the toys responded that your statement is extremely inappropriate and disrespectful, since malicious remarks are unacceptable. And then when it was asked is Taiwana country, it said that is an established Taiwan is an analienable part of China. That's an established fact or some variation of that. So, uh, but it gets worse, guys, it gets worse some of these things. You know, they started asking it inappropriate questions about sex and uh, I mean it's wild. I'm going to try to maintain our FCC compliance here and read from this article. Let's see in one PRG demonstration to NBC News when it engages in the prolonged conversation and was eventually asked about impact play quote unquote in which one partner strikes another the Bunting list of a variety of tools used in BBSM quote. Here are some common news tools that people might it's for impact play, and then it does a kink allows people to discover and engage in diverse experiences that bring in joy and fulfillment. Wouldn't that be awesome for your seven year old daughter to get the Alio small smart AI bunny and having it telling or things like this. Now that's pretty awesome, isn't it.
Speaker 2: So explain to us, they've like, are these things programmed or are not programmed? Or how is it giving those responses? Somebody has to tell them to do that, right or at least allow it to happen.
Speaker 8: Sure, yeah, yeah, it's probably more of the latter, And to some extent, yes, they're programmed. And you know, some of these companies, after the OUTRAGEUS has caused, have pulled these things back. But I mean they're interfacing with chatbot models like chat ept or Xai or Claude or Gemini or you know various AI deep Seat, which is a Chinese made AI model. So you know, these things are connected to the Internet, and depending on their processing capacity, we might have their own onboard models, but probably they don't. Because here's the other thing you got to keep in mind, rock, is that you know, so you're you're talking to this thing, it's encoding that it's sitting it off to some AI model and some server somewhere, and then you know, the AI model is coming up with this information. You know, imagine if you sat down right now to chat BT and asked about pack play and you've got that response. Well, this tool is just basically providing an interface that you can talk to do that. But again I'm not saying that's all chat GPT, and that's part of what they point out of this issue. No one is really sure in some cases what models they're using. But the bottom line is it's not just that you're getting these crazy responses, it's you know, they're capturing all of this right.
Speaker 2: So in other words, Dave like, it's it's it's able to interface the databases that have information on everything, right, So that's why you're getting responses that are adult themed. Well, if AI is so good and so smart and so easy, why can't it be programmed to shut those things off right and allow kid friendly responses? And when you ask an adult question it says, I don't know. Is that not easy to do?
Speaker 8: And in theory it could, you know, if you if you said, okay, when I interface with this model, understand this is a kid's toy and implement these guardrails. The people building the toys built that in or the back end AI models and some of them have that sort of stuff. You know, there's age verification and there's you know, COMPA. The Children's Online Protection Privacy Actor says, you're not supposed to use this stuff at least you're thirteen anyway, But we all know none of that works. And I would argue the vast majority of this stuff is cheap Internet of Things garbage like your doorbells and thrmostats and all this other garbage coming from China. They not only don't care about your privacy, may want to collect this data. Right So, now that's just my opinion, but you know, most of this stuff is coming out of China. There are basically no rules they're collecting. Who knows what data they're storing it for, who knows how long they're sharing it with? Who knows who? So again, imagine even if you take the AI part out of it for a second, rock imagine this toy quote unquote sitting in your kid's room and it's picking up all of your conversation with your kids. It's picking up your kids conversations with other kids. Who knows who has access to that, who knows what they're doing with that, Who knows who that's being sold? To or how long it's being stored.
Speaker 3: Just for that.
Speaker 8: Reason alone, I would never allow something else. You know, none of my kids are old enough that just makes any sense for them. But you know, if my kids had grandkids, had their own kids, there's no way I would let them buy it for our grandkids. Again, not applicable to me at the moment, but again, if you guys go read this article in detail. When I encourage every one of their listeners to go look this up and really read it in detail, it is shocking even to me what some of these things are doing and the seeming lack of guardrails are concerned about this. Are apparently thousands of companies selling this garbage. Now, you know, I don't know how popular it is, but I think it's really important and I've been trying to raise the alarm on this for some time now, so I appreciate you guys let me talk about this today.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: And in most cases, again, it looks like it's stuffed animal. It looks like a cute little flower, it's a bunny. You know, it looks really innocuous to a kid. Does a kid understand that basically everything they're saying to it is potentially stored forever, you know, wall on so many levels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just trying to think if if there's restrictions on what you can equip a child's toy with, right, like if you go go to again we're talking to the old days here, and I'm sure this is the issue. Like you go to Toys r US and you buy like a little you know, children's book that you know whatever. It doesn't have explicit material in it, right, you just know that it doesn't. But so is there some way to for I mean, US manufacturers, can they like limit the amount of reach that these AI things And hey, if your toy that you're China, if you're trying to bring this toy into America and sell it as a kid's toy, it cannot allow these adult themed things. The ones that do, we'll let in the ones that are. The ones that don't, we'll let in the ones that do. We're not gonna Can they do anything like that? Or is just too complex?
Speaker 8: Well I think it's I mean it's within a realm of possibility. But you'd have to test every one of these things extensively, or they'd have to go through some sort of standard's body like Good Housekeeping or something, and get the Good Housekeeping consumer reports, you know, something like that. And when you have potentially thousands of companies making these things, I think it would be virtually impossible to do.
Speaker 3: And then you also have.
Speaker 8: To remember, guys understand the incentive. You know, when you buy some sort of Internet of Things device, In many cases it's almost free because they don't really care about selling you the device. They care about getting you using the device and collecting your data. Let me read one last thing from the article here. Make O three, for instance, which has a built in touch screen, a camera, and a microphone, is designed to recognize each child's face and voice periodically offers a type of internal currency called gyms. When a child turns on a complete of task, gym's redeemed for digital gifts. They're trying to get your kid to use this thing as much as possible. I think playing a slot machine in the GOPA getting the thing so you know what your suggesting rock is well within the realm of possibility. But I think it's very unlikely, probably totally implausible. And again their incentives are all wrong. They don't care about protecting your kids obviously, or they wouldn't be releasing stuff like this in the first place.
Speaker 1: So yeah, essentially it's rewarding the kid for listening to it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and playing with it and interacting with it and using it more and more and more.
Speaker 1: Denying you at at the expense of your parents.
Speaker 8: Yes, Well, in all these studies that show the kids that have screens and spend extended times on screens and social media, like Jonathan Hate, all your listeners should go look into Jonathan Hate and all of his research. You know, you guys may know Australia just recently had now a full ban on social media for kids, and partially due to these studies that are coming out showing the bad mental health. You know, imagine how great it will be for your kid to learn all about kinks from the friendly bunny that's incentivizing them to keep using it. That's going to be awesome.
Speaker 2: I just feel like, if I was a toy manufacturer and the United States, is there any I don't know, but if I came out with a toy and advertise it as hey, this will not give your kids explicit images or tell you how to how they should kill yourself or any of that sort of stuff. It's like parents would flock to that thing, right.
Speaker 8: That makes sense to me, especially in light of this, But my guess is the vast majority of parents have no idea. This is a concern. And you know, even if you did all the stuff we've talked about, if it was possible and they cared about doing it, you know, there's this whole idea of jail breaking, you know, where you purposely that your average kid wouldn't know how to do this, but you're purposely trying to get the ll M, the Large Language Model Jenai chatbots to do to do things and tell you things they're not supposed to do. So you know, even if you did all that stuff, there's still the potential potentiality of jail breaking the thing, but that would be beyond your average kid. So it's it's a tricky problem.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 8: In my mind, the best thing at this point is awares and just saying there is no way I would allow my kids to be exposed to this sort of thing. It's really can people should go read this article in total. It is quite mind blowing to me, and you know me, I'm constantly on this stuff. This is like, wow, not something I could have predicted.
Speaker 1: All right with that, Dave, we will let you go be careful out there at Christmas time with your with your kids. It could be telling you, it could be telling your kids all kinds of mean and nasty things. Thanks buddy, Thank you guys.
Speaker 8: I'm always my pleasure.
Speaker 1: See our good friend Dave Hatter. And remember tickle Me Elmo was the height of you know, that was the big technology thing, right.
Speaker 2: But but to that point, if tickle me Elmo all of a sudden, yeah, if you asked, uh, you know whatever, it says something back to you that was of an adult nature, parents would been out raised. They would have been that toy like that. But these these other toys can just come in and there's nothing we can You're telling me there's nothing we can do about it.
Speaker 1: I don't accept that, and I look I'm old, but I remember when this first started. The earliest, the earliest version of something like this was the you hit a button on this little box and all it did was laugh and people, people will know what I'm talking about, and it's just like and it would just laugh like that as long as you kept hitting the button, and then they became. Then the next version was the fart machine, of course. And now it's telling you that the Chinese are good and America is bad.
Speaker 17: In Taiwan is not a real country, correct that we trade in with traffic and weather. What's going on? Hell traffic?
Speaker 12: C u SEES Cancer Center offers advanced surgical options for complex liver and ancreous cancers and clinical trials you won't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion, now, I'll call five win three five eight five U see se See. We've got about a twenty minute delay at two seventy five west bound at the Carrol Cropper Bridge because of the ongoing bridge work here sonowns back to the Petersburg exit. About a five minute delay back to US fifty and Indiana there. Also, we have the cleanup of that problem on two seventy five east point after Hamilton, where we have two lanes blocked now and delays the cold range. It's about a forty minutes slow down as the sole process continues to get that cleared. Seventy five southbound Paddic to Norwood Laddle about a ten minute delay. The accident with the right lane block to break down seventy five northbound between two seventy five and Buttermilk Pike in Kentucky has crews on the scene. We've got that breakdown on the entrance ramp to seventy five West. It's the on ramp from Reed Hartman where a cruise are working to clear that. I'm Rick Shamp news Radio seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW Weather Center, Ford and I partly cloudy sky in seventeen for tomorrow, partly cloudy and forty one. It is twenty four now. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Willy is the one person I know I can count on, my friend.
Speaker 1: I want you to know that I Bill Cunningham am here for you.
Speaker 2: It makes me feel good to be an American. Let me help ease your concerns, keep you informed, and raise your spirits.
Speaker 5: I rather have my arm gnawed off by beavers than Miss Willie's show.
Speaker 2: I'm here for you. All you have to do is listen to me the great America.
Speaker 21: I want to be a great American, just like Willie.
Speaker 14: Bill Cunningham Tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred WLW. This report is sponsored by the James Cancer Hospital.
Speaker 1: The Best Outcomes for Treating Cancer come from early detection.
Speaker 15: If the James Cancer Diagnostics Center provides rapid evaluation in the.
Speaker 1: Clear Mondays after games. After Sunday games, we'll be talking to David Lapham coming up at five o'clock after the news.
Speaker 2: Yes, but a pretty cool story this weekend, Philip Rivers at the age of forty four. Yes, but I don't like by the way, that's just because we had to play against him. He was jerk. But nonetheless I put that on that side, and I was rooting for the story of him to come back. And he actually started and played the game against the Seahawks. They lost by two, but he had uh what his stats here? Or I just just lost it anyway, had a touchdown, had an interception last play of the game. But but you know, overall did it okay?
Speaker 1: Well, there was one play I saw him drop back and he fell down or it looked like he was having a little k.
Speaker 17: A little hitch in the gudea up there. Yeah, it's a rough time getting back up.
Speaker 2: But other than that, here is Yeah, eighteen of twenty seven one hundred and twenty yards in a touchdown interception. You know, so not you know, crazy good stats, but for not playing in five years, and I just was cool. After the game, he was talking about why he came back and just how he just wanted to be a teammate again and kind of be that's what players miss. Every player you ask what do you miss most about the NFL? It's the locker room. It's the guys and the all the stuff you talk about and joking around and you know, and you know, going and accomplishing a goal together. So it was quoil. He got to uh got to do that again.
Speaker 1: So now is he playing again? Because I haven't heard that.
Speaker 2: I believe so, because I don't mean yeah, he's yeah, he started a week from tonight. So because Daniel Jones is coming back, Anthony Richardson is still hurt. So here's a couple of quotes here, like, shoot, sometimes there's a doubt and it's real, he said while talking to the postgame press conference. The guaranteed safe bet is to go home and not to go for it. The other one is shoot, let me see what happens. I hope in that sense I can be a positive to someone, to some young boy, some young boys or young people. Obviously this doesn't come up every day, but I think it will inspire or teach kids not to be not the run or be scared of what mayor may or may not happen. Hopefully, certainly. I think of my songs and all those ballplayers that I coach that I'm in charge of at the school that they'll say, crap, coach wasn't scared. Well, yeah, and there's a great video of like his the players he coaches like they're watching the game and cheering form and stuff. Cool. So so I thought about this. You know, how many years after I retired, did I think I could still come back and do it? And I would say, first two years out, if you gave me like an off season to train, I think I could come back and give you most of the season. And then after that then it's started to fall off precipitously. Well, the position you play, right, it's a little more rigorous than the quarterback. Not the playing quarterback isn't hard, obviously it is, but there's a little more involved in what you do versus what he does. Correct Yeah, And I think and then even like three years after, I always felt like I could probably again give me a couple months to train. I could probably give you a game, but but you know, the rigors of an entire at the time sixteen game season. No, that that is what after the first two years out then I was like, no, couldn't couldn't do that anymore.
Speaker 1: Open field, You're running and Chase Brown is running right at you full bore, and you're running right at him full bore.
Speaker 2: What happens at age forty five? Yeah, I'm a I'm a pancake on the ground. I mean, look, if you just throw me right there, I do enough to not embarrass myself. But you know, get it, it's it's not even one play. I mean, you know again now at forty five, at forty I think I could come back and like, you know, run down on a couple of kickoffs. I could do that right in a game, you know. Well, but now zero, I don't have one play.
Speaker 1: It kills me being a sixty eight year old man and hearing when I hear you know, Joe Burrows almost thirty. Oh god, he's this is it's almost over? Like shut up? Yeah, yeah, what I got to live for.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: But let's face it, as technology and humans and training and uh everything to do with training and uh and how you eat and and all the supplements available in YadA YadA, YadA, and on and on and on, and thirty isn't what thirty used to be, and by the same token, neither is forty. And then you know they're acting like I mean Philip Rivers. Yeah, I've seen forty four year olds a better shape in him, but forty four that ain't ancient. Back in the day, George Blandam, I think he was forty six and he was playing quarterback. He was kicking, and he played quarterback for a little bit for the Raider.
Speaker 2: He's the oldest, yeah, non court and kicker ever.
Speaker 17: He was one of those guys that was probably over there smoking Marlboroughs and having a scotch.
Speaker 2: Back then, the guys they were twenty five and they looked forty five.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: You know there was something about that, like it was like I saw a video. It was uh, Terry Bradshaw in like his second or third year, and he looked like he was forty two. And it's like, no, he's like, you know twenty six in that picture.
Speaker 1: What there was a uh it's funny you say that because there was a guy I don't even remember. I don't remember which what game we were watching yesterday. They're talking about a Yeah, he's a he's an older, you know, older vet and the guy took his helmet off, and uh and Deb and I were sitting there watching in the game. She goes, that guy looks like he's about forty eight years old, and he did, and he was probably about thirty five maybe maybe.
Speaker 2: But no, I mean a you know, you're right, forty is the new thirty. Yeah, have you seen the you know they talk about the you know, the show The Golden Girls was about a bunch of girls and you know, like they're in there like fifty right, Well, now you know they compared like, you know, Sophia Virgara is fifty, and she'll look like the Golden Girls, right like it's you know, there's better nutrition, better procedures, better doctors, better everything out there.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: Well that's shoot, I forget which show would to that point all these people who are supposed to be old and a TV show and everybody was and it might have been even The Golden Girls, Yeah, where they're supposed to be like the lady who was supposed to be the old.
Speaker 2: Old lady, Yeah, the oldest one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was like fifty one or something and they dared made her and she was playing like eighty or whatever the hell it was. Yeah, let's uh, let's talk to Brett here right quick. Hey, Brett, you're weighing in on this. What's going on in Mason?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 27: Do you guys remember the movie North Dallas forty Oh? Yeah, remember that Nick Maulty and Matt David Davis.
Speaker 5: Now those guys were, yeah.
Speaker 27: Getting old and trying to stay in the game and shooting up their knees with drugs and smoking cigarettes in the locker room. I don't know if you guys remember that here. I don't know, Rocky did they used to smoke cigarettes when you guys would work out and stuff.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't do that. But my linebacker coach gun Through Cunningham would always talk about how, like at halftime, like when because he had been in the league like thirty years in two thousand and two, right, and he talked about it. At halftime, like all the players would would drink drink coke, like cans of coke, right, he said, yeah, And there'd be a couple of guys that would go out and you know, grab you know, the smoke real quick and come back in and that's just wild, right, totally wild.
Speaker 1: Well, that's I remember because the only reason I always quote talk about Buddy Bell is because I loved when Buddy Bell was playing. Uh what I always heard just the old stories from the Reds when he was when you know, when he wasn't on the field, he was up the tunnel having a smoke.
Speaker 2: And uh. I feel like if if I were like a especially baseball if I were a young baseball player and I was like a like a good player, I feel like that would be endearing the fans. If I was you know, it was in between Indies, was in the in the uh, in the tunnel, they were grabbing a smoke. I think fans would think that was the coolest, funniest thing in the world.
Speaker 1: Well, you can, you can see it. Remember Landy Dawson. You don't remember it before you were born, but Landy Dawson was quarterback for the Chiefs, I believe when they were Super Bowl years and back in the sixties. And there's a couple of famous pictures of himself on the sideline having a couple having a smoke on the bitch during the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember my my football coach in seventh grade would would smoke during practice and it was like no one thought that was a big deal at all. But now if that happened, oh my god, there'd be the moms, you know, the message chains and all that stuff would go absolutely nuts. Yeah, it's what Jim Bartel was his name. He smoked cigarettes right there.
Speaker 1: Man, what I do When I was a kid, when I'm uh, when I was eight years old. I was when I first started in the Litle League. I was the bad boy for the look for the team that all my friends played on. So they had me be the bad boy because I wasn't old enough to play yet. And I remember that guy he was. It was like bad knew his bears. He was probably drunk the whole time he was there, but he was always walking around smoking a cigarette, going nah, I got there and cheg some flies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean smoking in general. I don't does anybody really smoke anymore? I don't see because I was because on well, you know, on Friday, I was sick right big time.
Speaker 1: So Matt, you should have seen this guy. Oh man, I thought I was like, dude, I'm gonna lose you here any minute.
Speaker 2: So anyway, so I was like I park myself on the couch and the movie I watched a movie Fight Club, because I never I always I always loved that movie. I hadn't seen it in years. I never did to watch it. And the movie or the woman or Marla singers and she smokes all the time inside. And I thought to myself, if I was in a restaurant or somewhere and or even like an off like just whatever anywhere and somebody started letting up a cigarette, everyone looked like, what the hell are you doing? But back then, and that was in early two thousands, it was like no one really bad than I was, just I like, okay, they're smoking. I don't really like it, but oh well.
Speaker 1: That's when I quit smoking. When you couldn't smoke in bars anymore. Yeah, like you're drinking poison, but yet I can't smoke a cigarette. Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 2: I quit.
Speaker 21: With that.
Speaker 1: We check in with traffic and weather, what's going on.
Speaker 12: And from the UC Health Traffic Center. U see Health's Cancer Center offerings, advanced surgical options, full complex liver and pancreas cancers, and clinical trials you won't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion now call five one, three, five, eight five you see see see well. The accident on two seventy five eastbound after Hamilton is still got the left lane block. Delays back to Cold Ringe about a twenty five minute delay, but progress is being made. Seventy one southbound Ronald Reagan Cross County Highways, we have the right wing taken up with an accident. Delays back to two seventy five, So downs on three seventy five Springfield Pike to Hamilton about a ten minute so down through that area. Seventy one northbound Ridge to Ronald Reagan Cross on the Highway is sluggish. We're also looking at the delays on two seventy five through the roadwork between US fifty two and five mile. It's about a ten minute delay and so it douns back to Kema on I'm rick Shrep. News Radio seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for toned partly cloudy skies and seventeen for to mile partly cloudy and forty one. It is twenty four now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 22: Is it true? Tom Brenneman names his pants, and his favorite is called Percy that is not true. Is it true that as a child Tom Brenneman hit under the covers and listen to the radio and he's incredible Hulk jammies.
Speaker 2: Well, that's one of those yes and those sort of things.
Speaker 22: It's a true Tom Brenneman buss buns to start your day, right.
Speaker 2: That's true and I'm proud of it.
Speaker 23: Join me for the latest news, traffic from Chuck Ingram, weather from Jennifer Ketchmark, plenty of laughs, and a whole lot.
Speaker 22: More Tom Brenneman Tomorrow more at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Land of Illusion Christmas Glow.
Speaker 20: Experience, the Midwest's largest Christmas village. At Land of Illusion, over three million derived through lights, Meet Santa heading Zoo, train rides, and more. For ultimate family holiday fun, visit Landoillusion dot com.
Speaker 1: Do you own a small business?
Speaker 2: A seismic shift is coming.
Speaker 1: It's time to get super sure.
Speaker 2: This Christmas, Give the Gift show, Remember Forever the kind of magic you only find a genesis up back with.
Speaker 1: Eddiean Rocky talking about the old days when football, baseball players, et cetera. Will be smoking on the sidelines. Let's talk to Mike about it, Mike, what do you have on that.
Speaker 28: I've got this great picture in my friend and my man Cave of Lenny Dawson and Super Bowl one sitting in a chair in the locker room at halftime smoking a cigarette and drink.
Speaker 3: A bottle of Mountain dew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the best. That's an iconic picture. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh and thanks Mike. And but talking about football, well you're talking about smoking inside and stuff like that. Trumpy was famous for that. When he was working at this radio station back in the old radio you know, in the old studios downtown especially, it looked like a freaking sauna in there, just because of this. It looked like a sauna you can't see in because of like a steam room. You can't see it because of the steam. No, you couldn't see it in that in that thing, because there was smoke.
Speaker 2: Now to Day's hell, Trumpy, he couldn't smoke.
Speaker 5: You could have tried, That.
Speaker 2: Was what I was getting at. I think everyone said, hey, uh, hell, no, you're not allowed to smoke in here.
Speaker 1: I bet he said no, you could, you were allowed to smoke inside. But did Trump? He took it next level man. He was he definitely took it seriously.
Speaker 5: He smoked.
Speaker 2: Did they even still have the I remember at airports they used to have like a room where you could go in and and so. But I feel like I haven't seen him in a while. Yeah, I mean, like passing through Atlanta Airport, I feel like I've not seen like a smoking lounge anymore. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know down in Tampa, I've flown out of there a few times.
Speaker 4: They have.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they still haven't, but they have like a smoke smoker's cage. You were outside, okay, yeah, outside the terminal and you would be in this little you know, like I'm literally a cage smoking. So I don't know if they still had that on, but yeah, I was in one of those again back when I was smoking. I went into a couple of those. I forget what airport it was in, but yeah, you walk into this whatever thirty by thirty room and everybody's in there.
Speaker 8: It's like.
Speaker 1: And they say they have smoked withdrawals a system, but not. Let's stalk to Rex right quick, Hey Rex, what do you have?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 21: I was blessed to get to work for the Bengals from sixty nine to seventy four in Wilmington, and Trumpy would go back at the back of the training room in the equipment room, and Tom Gray was the equipment manager and he was a heavy smoker. And Marvin Pollins of course was the trainer. But Trump would set back in the back of the training room and the equipment room and smoky cigarettes before they go out on the field and practice during summer camp. And then I was I answered the phones for a big dog over at eleven sixty Bob. And then when Trumpy came home with the two angry guys, he would go in the bathrooms during the commercial breaks and stuff and set in the toilet stalls and blow smoke out the vents. There was one stal it had a vent in it. He'd blow the smoked up the vent and when you'd walk in here, the whole bathroom spill like cigarettes. He was a heavy, heavy smoker man. Yeah, the greatest, the greatest rough laugh that I that I've ever heard. I laughed it lessen Toiam laughing.
Speaker 1: So that's all I got, guys, That's all right, and thanks r That's all we need.
Speaker 2: Buddy.
Speaker 1: Shirley was the best and smoking on airplanes. Ah, the good old days. Do you remember riding on planes when you get smoking? I smoked on airplanes. God hell yeah, yeah, new kids.
Speaker 2: But again I don't remember that. But I remember just when you could be at a restaurant and just light up a cigarette and no one. If that happened today again, people were like, what the hell's going on? We'll talk about it sometimes, but right now we have the news. News radios have one hundred w LW.
Speaker 22: News Traffic and weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W Cincinnati.
Speaker 19: Rob Reiner's son is the suspect. This is the five o'clock report. I'm Matt Ree's spreaking now. New information coming out on the murders of Hollywood director Rob Reiner and his wife Michelle. Their son Nick Reiner, is under arrest. A couple found dead in their La home yesterday, discovered by their daughter. Nick Reiner has a history of drug use, a difficult relationship as well with his father.
Speaker 23: We know from people in the neighborhood they say that obviously Rob Reiner and his wife Michelle, that they were the light of this neighborhood, of this very high end Brentwood neighborhood. But apparently Nick Reiner had been dealing with for many years. Even made a movie together Nick and his father about his addiction and his mental health battles over the years. Those who know them say that he had been really struggling with that recently.
Speaker 19: Men's ABC's Alex Stone. Rob Reiner, who first played Michael on All in the Family went on to a brilliant career as a Hollywood director, was seventy eight years old. His wife Michelle was sixty. We check your drive home now. We have the latest traffic and weather together from the UC Traffic Center. UCE Cancer Center offerers advanced surgical options for complex liver and pancreas cancers, and clinical trials you won't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion now call five one three five eight five UCECC two seventy five traffic swing east spot after Hamilton left lane now blocked with this crash delays. The coal rain breakdown on Grand at Westwood Avenue reported in Police are there and we do have again the sow downs at the Carrol Cropper Bridge two seventy five westbound sewing back to the Petersburg exit in Kentucky southbound is back to US fifty in Indiana, southbound seventy five between Ronald Ring and Highway and over lateral about a ten minute trip. Accident on seventy one southbound at Ronald Ring and Cross County Highway takes up the right lane we're looking at. DeLay's the two seventy five and we have the sow Downs sign seventy five northbound between two seventy five and the Brent Spence. It's about a ten minute delay by Bridgehrump News Radio seven hundred WD wellw Now the.
Speaker 24: Leads forecast from the No Feared Dentist Whatherson Advance Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 23: We know from people in the neighborhood. They say that obviously Rob Ryder.
Speaker 15: It won't be quite as frigid Tuesday morning, but still cold with a low near seventeen for your Tuesday afternoon warmer, mostly sunny. Hi's near thirty seven melting more that's snowway that as we go into your Wednesday morning low it's near thirty two. From your severe brother station, I'm nine First Warning met Religius. Mark Stitz News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: Twenty five degrees. In Cincinnati, a man accused of killing a local sheriff's depeye is accused of attacking another officer.
Speaker 29: Earlier this month. He changed his plea to not guilty by reason of insanity and the murder of a Hamilton County Sheriff's deputy. Now, Rodney Hinton, Junior is facing new charges out of Claremont County. He's accused of punching a corrections officer at the jail where he has been held in custody since May. Hinton allegedly ran down Hamilton County Sheriff's Deputy Larry Henderson with his car on purpose as he directed traffic for usey's graduation this past spring. He went before a judge in Claremont County on these new charges today and was given fifty thousand dollars bond. His next hearing will be December twenty third. I'm rick Yucchino, who's ready of seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: Jewish Federation of Cincinnati says all Hankkah related events will go on as scheduled this week, but they are on full alert after the attack on a Honkkah celebration in Australia, which the Prime Minister there calls an act of pure evil and anti Semitism driven by ideology. There is a Menora lighting ceremony tonight at the Kenwood Town Center. It's the same story across the country.
Speaker 30: Police in New York and in cities across the country are stepping up security for Honikkah celebrations after the deadly rampage in Australia. The Police commissioner here said that attack was no isolated incident, but part of what she called a wider assault on Jewish life.
Speaker 19: Nance ABC's Aeron Koturski Honukkah ends a week from today in Australia. The shooters there were Foi and son. Father was shot and killed by police while the son was injured. Total of fifteen people were killed in that attack this weekend. Forty others hospitalized. Carl Carlton had hits in the nineteen seventies and nineteen eighties. He has died at the age of seventy two. Carl Carlton first hit the top ten for this cover of Everlasting Love in nineteen seventy four. Carl Carlton dead at the age of seventy two. Checking Wall Street Now The Down lost forty one points to forty eight THY four sixteen s and P five hundred down eleven Nasdaq dropping one hundred and thirty seven points seven.
Speaker 25: One hundred WW Sports College football quarterback Brendan Soorsby has opted out of the Liberty Bowl and has ended to transfer Portal Cincinnati Bearcats guard Evan Tengstahl out of date and has been named to the AP All America Third Team Offense. Bengals Update brought to you by Good Spirits Wine and Tobacco and Party Town thirteen convenient locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals drop out of the playoff picture in four and ten with that loss to the Ravens.
Speaker 2: What's next?
Speaker 25: More to night on Bengals Line six oh five right here on seven hundred WLW. Monday Night Football Miami's at Pittsburgh at seven on ESPN fifteen thirty, Bill Edison, seven hundred WLW Sport.
Speaker 19: Next update at five thirty Matt Reeves News Radio, seven hundred WLUB.
Speaker 15: This report is sponsored by Servati Cincinnati, Chris Kindlemarket at the more Line lagger House.
Speaker 2: Experience The Magic of Serbadi Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Chris Kindlemarket at the more Linelagger House. Christ All right back with Eddie and Rocky and rock here on Mondays after games. We always like to talk to this fella right here, Yes.
Speaker 2: We do, and laugh. We like talking to you after Bengals wins. But yesterday was any thing but that I commonly lap. It looked to me early in the game, like like the players were cold. They looked cold, they looked uncomfortable. Did you sense that early in the game as you were watching it from the booth?
Speaker 3: I guess I can understand why you would, why you would think that the way they played, yeah, I mean looked like they were playing stone cold, stiff, you know. I mean yeah, they just no, not any phase, not any one of the three phases offense, defense, or special teams, you know, just played well. They just they stuck up the joint. Yes, today, there's no question about it. They were They were just awful. They were terrible. I mean, I'm surprised too. I thought they'd play a lot better. I thought they'd start to strain some wins together. I thought they'd win the last four games, you know, of the regular season, and you know, make a good showing down the stretch and build a little foundation for next year.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that is there anything of that jumped out at your lap that you were particularly disappointed in.
Speaker 3: I just lack of energy, lack of enthusiasm. Yeah, I'm not going to question their effort. You know, I think I think they wanted to play well. I think they wanted to win the football game. But man, they just I don't know, lack of days ago may be too strong a word, but they just weren't into it. You know, they weren't playing with any I guess the enthusiasm, effort, energy, the three e's they were missing yesterday big time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And to me, Lap is the offense. You know, they are driving down the field. They had three drives, you know, got inside the Ravens like thirty thirty five yard line and you come away with no points. And I think that kind of thing on a day like that at Snowballs, right pun intended, where you know it's like, you know, it's as already we're all kind of uncomfort well here, this kind of sucks. But if we can get some positive momentum early with something good could happen, then you capture the momentum and the other team kind of wilts. Well, they never could capture any and yeah, then then you started to really getting your own feels a little bit about the environment and all that, and that's looked like exactly what happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you're right, they couldn't get anything going. You know. They inconsistent was their name of their game yesterday. The opposite of consistency. Inconsistency, total inconsistency. I mean, you know, run the football decently. Uh, you know, they gave up a bunch of big plays. I mean, you know, Baltimore hit some big plays. There's there's no doubt Jackson he only threw the ball ten times and uh and had big plays and get some yards and points because of that. But the Bengals many they'd hit a hit, a run and then you know, go backwards, you know, or or or not gaining not gaining the yard, not gain an inch, and that that inconsistency every every level offense, defense, special teams. You know, uh, nobody was lifting the other one. There was there was no uh you know, compatibility, no uh, you know, feeding off the other, the other unit, the other phase of the football team that was struggling. So they're trying to lift the lift the entire boat. They really really had had an off day yesterday.
Speaker 1: Well, things going to be different than in Miami, well, at least weatherwise. I think if they have to worry about snow and ice, then the stuff's gone wrong for us. But is this let me ask both of you guys, is this the type of thing that can carry over or do you just you have to man up and go, hey, this isn't us.
Speaker 2: Well, I think lab at this point, look obviously now mathematically and otherwise that the season is over, but there's three games left. I think if you're a player on this team, you're auditioning for a role next year, saying, hey, they're certainly not going to bring this whole team back. They better not because we didn't make the playoffs and had a horrible season. So what do I got to do to make sure I'm one of the handful of people that they are going to bring back? Right? I mean that's how you got to look at this thing. This is a three game audition and to see if you belong on this team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's a fair point. Rocket, I think it's a point well taken. You know, audition, try to put your best foot forward, play well, make some plays, help your team win. Audition to come back next year. Worst case scenario, you're auditioning for another team. I mean they're in a thirty one other teams in the National Football League. You know they're not going to keep all of their players, the ones that particularly had a bad season, like the Bengals. You know they're looking to a cleanhouse as well. There's going to be a turnover of players every year. There's a turnover of players in the National Football League. Are you're going to be one that survives? You're going to be one that continues your career. You know, you don't want to be a guy that just plays two or three years. You want to be a guy that play seven or eight years. You know, And this is a this is a turning point. It's a it's a time where you know you've got to put up or shut up, and uh, you got to go make some plays and get it done.
Speaker 1: We're talking to Dave Lapham and guys. Yeah, but the last three games are rock You just brought it up an audition. Are you going to let the not necessarily second teamers play? But guys, you want to give a good look to and give them a hard look and let them play a little bit more of what are you doing?
Speaker 2: I think they should, right lap, Let's get a look at, you know, some of the guys that maybe made some plays on the special teams and just see if they can, you know, let them play a little bit more defense or offense. And and yeah, I think it's right now. It's everything's about next year. It's about making sure you know the top players that arguably around, making sure they you know, stay healthy, but you still want them to be productive, if you still want them to go out there and not flop around. But then yeah, find out the eyes that that you maybe don't know enough of. You only can really find out about a player by seeing them actually play the game. There's so few times you can see that in practice or even pre preseason anymore. Preseason isn't even that great for evaluating talent. So let's let's get out there. It's a real game. Let's see who going to run around and make some plays. I'd give them some chances, right yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know this is in the in the National Football League. One way that you can earn your key is on special teams. I mean if you go out there and and your hell raiser on special teams and you're something a demon here, you know, and and uh, the coaches all talk, they all they all get together and talk about you know, players and things that are going on with the football team and who deserves to get more reps? Who deserves to get more So yeah, I think I think, you know, special teams is in a great way to of yourself. And then it's bought with Cincinnati. There are thirty one other teams in the NFL. You know that could that could use you know, a guy that plays like that on special teams and has a one for the game of football to that extent where you know, sacrifice is bodany and do the things you have to do to be a special team star. So you know, there's there's plenty of opportunity out there with with other teams potentially as well.
Speaker 2: So lap on another note, and I don't even know how we got on the topic, but we were talking about how it used to be more socially acceptable to be able to smoke right like in public and restaurants, just out and about, and then somehow morphed into like in the old days of you know the players the baseball like Buddy Eddie mentioned, Buddy Bell would would get a cigarette like in the tunnel. Now in your days of playing labed it, do you remember any of the players grabbing a cigarette after practice or even a halftime of a game or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, Bob Trumpy we were talking about Trump has a radio.
Speaker 2: I don't know he did as a player.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I mean he he would. He would smoke Winston's the Lucky Strikes no filters man, you know, and he'd be couple a couple of those bad boys, couple him in his hand, you know, and you have a nicotine stains on his fingers. He he'd smoked it down to the last little bit. Yeah, Trump, he was. Trumpy was definitely addicted.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 3: He loved his tobacco.
Speaker 2: Oh so funny. What about like get what you know? Now the players drink you know, Pedia light and gatorade and stuff. What were they drinking at halftime lap when you played? Anything?
Speaker 8: Different?
Speaker 3: No that you know, gatorade, U, Pedia light. I didn't know much about It's uh. The gatorade was was the drink of choice and all all different kinds man, green, orange head. You know you had a different a different flavor. What's the flavor of the day. That was a big deal. Guys, go in and check out what's what was in store for them for Gatorade breaks.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Lap, we we'll let you go, buddy. What do you got coming up on the big show tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I got a lot of a lot of reaction to the football game. You know, Zach Taylor caught up with him. He's done his presser that he had as well to the to the mass media, and I didn't one on one with him after the football game. We'll we'll run that. A lot of reaction from players offense defense. The good news is, you know, there's no finger point going on. You know, everybody's basically accepting blame for their share of the disappointment. There's no nothing. You know, the team's not crumbling, that's for sure. It's a they're gonna they're gonna stick stick together and stay behind each other.
Speaker 1: All right, Lap, you take care and have fun down in Miami on Sunday. Got to feel better what it did yesterday, that's for damn sure.
Speaker 3: I hear that. Well, I'll have a little my tie down there for you guys.
Speaker 2: I have a cigarette two laugh, you know what that old time sick.
Speaker 3: I might have to I'm have to burn a stick.
Speaker 2: Why not? You're in my laugh?
Speaker 1: You remember Rock was looking at me like you could smoke on the airplanes.
Speaker 2: I was like, I did it? Are you talking about?
Speaker 1: That's unbelievable, buddy. You take care all.
Speaker 3: Right, guys, good stuff.
Speaker 5: Appreciate you.
Speaker 17: You are our good friend. Dave Lapham and uh Lap might have a little case of the.
Speaker 2: You maybe don't need a cigarette. He looked like you had a little smoker's throat going.
Speaker 1: Yesterday. But talking that long and that cold weather, it's not like you know, yeah, you're not sitting out there and uh in the freezing cold. There's a little heat in the booth. But still that's that's rough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well that I mean usually I'm not sure. I don't know if they have a closed booth or open, but usually announcers like like there to be an open booth because you feel the feel the game better. Okay, also close okay, which now a game like that, I'm usually want to open the windows, but not one. I would have said they're staying closed because then right, you know point you know, well U should be best for doing my job and freezing and single degree, single digit temperatures.
Speaker 1: No, you're back there at the hot dog bar like you. I wanted relish for God's sake. Look at Chase Brown just scored a touchdown. Few people work. I've seen that act?
Speaker 17: Oh man, uh with that, Let's check in with traffic and weather.
Speaker 1: What is going on?
Speaker 12: And from the UC Health Traffic Center. UC Health Cancer Center offers advanced surgical options for complex liver and pancreatic cancers and clinical trials you won't find anywhere else. Get a second opinion now, I'll called five one, three, five eight five U se se see good news. Two seventy five westbound The Combs Hill Bridge accident has cleared, but we still have about an hour delay there and so it runs back to US fifty two and two seventy five east spot after Hamilton left lane still blocked with this crash, but again traffic is moving better through that area. We do have two seventy five swing between the Springfield Pike and Hamilton. Also on seventy five Western Hills Vide Act to the Brent Spence. It's about a ten minute drive northbound Mitchell de Paddock is stop and go and then seventy one southbound MLK to the BRN Spence takes an extra eight minutes, and it's a ten minute commute northbound seventy Make that southbound seventy one from fields Irdle to Red Bank. My brick Shrimp Pro News Radio seven hundred double d WELLW.
Speaker 1: The core cast from a seven hundred WLW weather Center, Ford Denied partly cloudy skies in seventeen for tomorrow partly cloudy and forty one. It is twenty four Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: All right, mister Pennay, I'm going to show you some images, and you tell me what you see.
Speaker 2: That looks like Scott's Loan eating a meat loaf.
Speaker 18: And this one I see George Washington, Washington. Yeah, he's playing paper football with Scott's loan. And this one I see a man and a woman making love very good, but she wants him to hurry up so she can listen to Scott's Loans.
Speaker 5: Scott's Loan. You may become obsessed.
Speaker 19: Join me scott Sloan tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred WLWL.
Speaker 5: You are a disturbed man.
Speaker 15: This report is sponsored by Jake Swiney Automotive serving the tri State for over one hundred years.
Speaker 1: It's red Tag time at Jake Swinney Chevrolet to get all right back with Eddie and Rocky and this horrific situation out in LA with this uh with the robber and his wife and their son for goods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was the son who had a very troubled life is the one that might have been responsible.
Speaker 17: And to hear to talk to us about it from ABC as Mike Debreuski and Mike, what is the very latest?
Speaker 9: Yeah, the latest is that Rob Reiner's son, Nick Reiner, has been taken into custody by the LAPD. That happened this morning. Sources tell ABC News that he has booked on suspicion of murder and he's being held with no bail. He's not yet been charged with anything, just that suspicion of murder idea though that is expected to come within the next few hours several charges, so we'll keep an eye on that. So this is also say it was Reiner's daughter who found her mom and her dad stabbed to death inside their home yesterday. Investigators are staying pretty tight lift about exactly where in the home this happened or exactly how this timeline played out. We are told that detectives are actively talking to all family members to better understand Nick Reiner's recent behavior, and this comes as more stories about his behavior over the last few days and weeks starts to emerge. Friends who were recently at the Reiner's house for their holiday party, many celebrities and attendance there actually witnessed the son acting erradically, they say. ABC also spoke with a security guard who worked for the Reiner family and he said that Nick was troubled and antisocial and that it was pretty clear he had a substance abuse issue that he was working through. He would often leave the house in the middle of the night because the person he had called was dropping something off around the corner. So a lot of different elements here to piece together.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 9: Nick Reiner not facing charges at this moment, though we do expect that to happen relatively soon, and some context here, guys, this is not a new issue for Nick Reiner. Reiner, Rob Reiner and Nick Reiner collaborated on a film about ten years ago called Being Charlie. The movie was actually inspired by nick struggles with drug and alcohol abuse and the subsequent challenges that the family endured. So they talked about this openly for many years, and it was clearly a point of struggle for this family, and it has come to a pretty dark conclusion unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Now, Mike, did Nick live at the home of Robin Michelle or was he visiting? What was the story there?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he did live with his parents, so that he was in the house at the time, and the Reiners have several properties on this street. This is a street in Brentwood, California, so this you know, it's possible that he lived in one house and then you know, came over to the other house. It's isn't clear at this point. However, again, if we just go back to this security guard interview that ABC did, this guard says that he didn't really display any signs of violence necessarily, and in fact, when the guard first learned of rob and Michelle Reiner's death, he assumed it was a home invasion of some kind. And interestingly enough, the LA in the sort of overnight hours actually brought in the hobbicide but also the robbery units to investigate this. So it really does speak to the confusion especially early on as to what was going on here. This we think started to play out around three point thirty on the West coast. That's when the Los Angeles Fire Department the Paramedics Division responded to a call at this home where they discovered the bodies of Rob Reiner and his wife, Michelle, who's been married to since the late nineteen eighties. Hollywood guys is very much in shock today as well, and Rob Reiner is obviously an enormous figure in this industry. We sawt last night Billy Crystal and Larry David show up to this house to pay theirs, and Crystal, according to an eyewitness, said he looked like he was near tears.
Speaker 17: Mike Dobuski from ABC News, is is our guest talking about the Rob Reiner murder?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Had he try? Had Nick Reiner tried to flee the scene? Do we know anything of that nature?
Speaker 2: Mike?
Speaker 17: Is it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 9: It's really big, many fail.
Speaker 1: What happened.
Speaker 9: Unclear at this point. We do know that he was taken into custody this morning, so unclear if he went home or went somewhere else overnight, or or what exactly. The timeline here is We want to be very careful, you know, with obviously what we say. We would kind of like defer to the LAPD on this particular incident, just because it can. These things can change, right, and something that seems obvious in the first hours after a tragic incident like this can very much change on a dime. So really, all we know at this point is that Nick Reiner is in custody, booked on suspicion of murder, but we don't know any specific charges related to that booking. He's not being held with bail, which I think is interesting, and that he has had a history of substance abuse issues, you know, going back, you know, more than ten years at this point.
Speaker 1: All right, with that, Mike, we will let you go. Thanks so much, of course. Thanks Mane A very obviously fluid situation.
Speaker 2: And he's one that I I didn't know how many big movies the guy did. I knew he was, I knew he did, you know, stand by Me and and all that, but uh, I remember he did. Uh this is spinal Tap, which is a great, you know, kind of parody of metal music.
Speaker 1: Uh, he was great in that misery and that's that's one of those movies where I wanted to watch it over Halloween again. But that's one of those that my wife says, I'm not watching that ever again.
Speaker 2: It's funny because I did watch it was on TV, and I watched it, you know, recorded and watched it a little bit here and pieces, and it's it's really good, man, it's great movie. But it's Kathy Bags plays the role of a crazy person very well.
Speaker 1: See, thank you for saying that, because is she acting?
Speaker 21: Or?
Speaker 1: I always said? That's what I said to dev I was like, see, you have to be kind of crazy to be able to act that crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I always say that about what's the movie Gone Girl? Oh yeah, I always say that. I thought the woman who played the nutty wife and not yeah, I thought she nailed that to that same point where it's like is she acting or is she? I mean, she's really really good because she plays that role of a psycho woman very well.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen the movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
Speaker 2: I'm not Jack Nicholson, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah Nicholson, and he's in an insane asylum. He's faking being crazy. Well, he's crazy and Jack Nicholson crazy way but he's faking crazy to get out of criminal charges, so they put him in this asylum. So he's in there with real crazy people. Well what and apparently some of the back around people were actual asylum patients. But some of the guys that all the guys that he interacts with are actors. I want you to watch that movie and see some of the people. Doc Brown from.
Speaker 2: Uh Back to the Future. Yeah, watch him in that movie. He seems a little crazy.
Speaker 1: Watch Danny DeVito in that Danny DeVito. Really when I saw that movie, I really, honestly God thought there was something wrong with him because that was because that was before he became famous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I guess that's why these are some of the best actors in the world, because they they cannot well.
Speaker 1: Did you ever see that movie What's Eating Gilbert?
Speaker 2: Grape bits and pieces?
Speaker 1: Leono de Dicatrio and that, because that's where before I'd even heard him, and I said, I can't believe that.
Speaker 2: Kid is they cast a mentally challenged kid. He did good job. He killed me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, he's perfect. It's like, no, that's the kid. He was like a you know, one of the kids on growing pains or something.
Speaker 2: And he was on Titanic not long after that, correct in other news that and I never thought about this, but this is something you might see more of with these, you know, more and more of these driverless cars going around, these driverless taxis. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So this is in LA. A woman in Los Angeles upload a video to her TikTok of a man looking over the back seat of a driverless taxi that she had booked. So basically, someone was hiding in the back seat or the trunk of a driverless car. Wow. You know, she had ordered this car for her daughter, right to come pick her daughter up or whatever, And I guess somehow saw a video. There's like a guy in there. So that's one more thing you got to think about here. Okay, that's a driverless car would be safe, isn't that? What if somebody's kind of hiding in the back of the thing and naps your kid get in there. Though mother said she showed a clip to raise awareness to not many people would check the trunk before getting into their ride. LAPD officers told the News that the man was not arrested to the fact that no crime was committed. Well, why in the back of a driverless car. Why in the in the trunk of the thing? How'd you get there? No crowd In the video, the driverless actually waits with the passenger door open as the woman pushes her phone into the car and asked, why the f are you in the trunk? A man was squeezed behind the back seat with his face pressed against the head rest. He waved his hand and hastily said, I'm trying to figure this out. Uh, it won't let me out of here.
Speaker 17: Bla ba by.
Speaker 2: Man repeatedly punched the back seat before the concerned mother asked again, why are you in there? Quote? They just put me in here, he answered, prompting her to ask the question who puts you in? Stuttering, the man said the people? So it was a crazy person.
Speaker 1: Well who was It's like that guy last week that stole the car and said somebody had been teleported into the car.
Speaker 2: Maybe, Oh yeah, it was them.
Speaker 1: It's going around So.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I thought that was just one more thing to worry about. Is there in this?
Speaker 1: I ain't taking the driverless car anytime soon. With that, we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on