Speaker 1: All right, here we go back on the Big One, seven hundred WLW. It's nine oh seven. This is the Thursday night edition of the Midweek Crisis five one, three, seven, four, nine, eight hundred the Big One. Joe Waddell is running the big board in the seven hundred WLW command center, and Joe Waddell informs me, I've got the Philadelphia Phillies at the Lakers game on Uh. Los Angeles seeds the series two to one. They're in the tenth inning that would be commonly known as extra innings. And uh, Joe, how long ago was it they started this ghost runner stuff? It's not like twenty twenty. I want to think this had to do with the wuhan or something like that, twenty twenty Full Time implemented twenty twenty two. I do not like the idea at all of a ghost runner. I mean, it's it's like Little league baseball. You know, if if Major League Baseball, and I was I was not planning on starting with this tonight at all. If Major League Baseball keeps going the way it's going, they're gonna have a nine batter rule like Little league baseball. They're gonna have a mercy rule it's gonna I mean, they've got the pitch clock already, they've got the designated hitter in the National League, and and and all stuff that I've sort of come to come to come to terms with. But this notion of the ghost runner needs to go away. If it's good, it's good enough for the regular season, but it's not good enough for the playoffs. Why is that? Why is that? Why do you change? Why are there different rules for the playoffs than there are for the regular season. To me, it just screams how illegitimate this idea is. They need to get rid of it. Period. Look if I'm watching a baseball game and that baseball game goes to extra innings and it takes ten or eleven or fifteen or sixteen or eighteen or nineteen innings, and so be it. I know it strains the pitching staff and all the rest of it. But not good enough for the playoffs, but good enough for the regular season. Terrible, terrible thing, all right. The teacher James is hate in life. She's been indicted on bank fraud charges. Grand jury approve those charges earlier today. The indictment followed Federal Housing and Finance Agency director Bill POLTI making a criminal referral to the Justice Department. Miss James has in multiple instances falsified bank documents allegedly and property records to acquire government backed assistants and loans and more favorable terms. Where have we heard that before? Where have we heard that before? When she was prosecuting Donald Trump on the exact same thing she was she was wont to say no one is above the law, and now it's coming back for her. But you know, look, right, hey, Trump had a trial, We're going to have a trial on this. Let the ships fall where they met. What else is going on? Big debate tonight. You've got aftab Purvall up against Corey Bowman. That's for the Cincinnati mayor. I send a message to Corey Bowman, wish him well in the debate, and if he is so inclined, he may call in. I don't know what time that debate gets over, but I've got guessed in the ten o'clock hour, so I believe that debate is taking place as we speak, So maybe in the eleven o'clock hour, if he's so inclined, he'll call in and give us an update on how the debate goes tonight. Also, there's a debate going on in Virginia and that is pitting winsome Seers against this Abigail Spamberger, who is just a total dits, total left wing lunatic who should not be elected in Virginia. All right, I'm going I want to do something right. We're going to talk about Trump. I talked to my Middle East experts earlier today and they are optimistic about the peace plan that is going on between between Hamas and Israel.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: We cannot forget that that a rock main remains uh not a rock, but Iran may remains a major player there. So it's it's it's it's waiting to see there are there's a large Palestinian population that lives inside of Jordan, so they have a vested interest on on what happens here. So we'll see. Uh there. There's still a lot of countries and a lot of leaders over there that's that simply hate Israel, and the whole idea that they're all going to go along with this is that it's just hard. There's a lot there, there's a lot of wheels turning behind the scenes that I don't know that none of us know, and it's going to be absolutely fascinating, I think when the details come to light on this, about how all this came to pass. So this is just another example of but it cannot be stressed enough to my way of thinking, just how unbelievable the leadership of Trump has been in this area. This guy wants piece more than anything else, and he is willing to do anything it takes to get peace. And so I was thinking about that last night when I, you know, when this deal broke, and then I came across a piece today written by Julian Sinclair. I do not know who Julian Sinclair is. This is obviously a person who knows a lot more about international affairs than most of us. And the title of this piece is the Trump Piece Bonanza you Haven't heard of? So I saw that headline and I thought, well, what is the Trump piece Bonanza that I have not heard of? And so I'm going to read this piece. And while I'm doing this, I want you to, if if you're able to, because I've done it, because I have so little familiarity with these areas. I want you to pull up a map of Azerbijan and Armenia, and I want you to find the city of Bac who it's back, who's easy to find? It sticks out there in the Caspian Sea. And then you go, oh, gosh, I don't know, six or seven hundred miles west to a city called Cars k A R S. And you know, and and and this this kind of gives you perspective on what this piece is talking about. But stick with me on this. I think I found this fascinating as I was reading this earlier today, and I certainly hope you will too. Uh And Julian Sinclair writes. Azerbaijan Armedia, Cavan and Senek are not named. Most Americans are familiar with, however, The Trip t ri IPP, which stands for the Trump Route for International Peace and Prosperity. The Trip corridor runs through these countries, cities and regions, is a decisive strategic move in the Caucasus in Central Asia against three US adversaries at once China, Russia and Iran. The Trip will link the city of Cars in Turkey to the port city of Baku in Azerbaijan. Baku is the most important port city in the Caspian Sea, an inland sea connecting Azerbaijan directly to Turkmenistan and Kazakistan. Together, these countries have proven oil reserves of thirty seven billion barrels thirty seven billion barrels, slightly more than the entire higher US proven reserve at thirty five billion. When Hitler invaded the Soviet Union in June of nineteen forty one, his rhetorical justification was secondary to his need to secure the Caucasan oil fields of Azerbaijan and Central Asia. At the time, Germany's only significant access to oil was from Romania, which was insufficient for the needs of Germany and its occupied countries. The famed Battle of Stalingrad was fought to secure the Volga River for its access to the Caspian oil and as a launch point for an invasion to capture the port of Baku and its oil trade. It could be said that Hitler's push in the Eastern Front into the Eastern Front, whose ultimate failure lost in the war, was driven in large part by the need to secure the region's oil. Despite the rhetoric condemning the twenty twenty two Russian invasions of Ukraine, the EU purchased twenty one point nine billion euros worth of fossil fuels from Russia in twenty twenty four alone, far less than pre twenty twenty two levels, compared to spending eighteen point seven billion euros, are sending eighteen point seven billion euros in financial aid to Ukraine. Europe's need for fossil fuels has trumpets desire to oppose Putin's Russia enter the Trump Route for international peace and prosperity the trip. This is a rail line that has the potential to unlock fifty to one hundred billion dollars in annual trade by twenty twenty seven, a significant portion of which will be in fossil fuels. The rail from Baku to Kars, Turkey will allow the oil and natural gas exports of Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan and Kazakistan to enter the Mediterranean and then to Europe without passing through Russia or Iran as before. So this rail that Trump has created will allow this oil to flow directly to the Caspian Sea, without passing through Russia, without passing through Iran. That's why I wanted you to look at them. Fifteen percent or I'm saying fifteen to twenty percent of Russia's GDP is from fossil fuels and thirty to fifty percent of its budget comes from fossil fuels. By opening the Caucasus and Caspian oil to the world without the need to transit Russia or Iran, President Trumps seriously undermined a geopolitical opponent without firing a shot or starting another regime change war. In fact, the trip is part of a peace negotiate, a peace deal negotiated between Azerbaijan and Armenia, with the US leasing a twenty seven mile stretch of the railway in Armenia's Site Senior Providence, effectively underwriting Armenian security without deploying US troops. Not only does the trip give the US the influence in a region of the southern flank of Russia and the northern flank of Iran, but it also undermines China's Belt and Roade initiative. China has long dreamed of creating a Middle Quarter, a four thousand mile trade path from China to Europe. Trump's link from Central Asia to the Mediterranean undermines China's most important soft power program, creating a transit route that aligns with US interests The trip involves no deployment of US forces and will be solely managed by private, non military organizations without a single soldier or jet fighter. President Trump has delivered a decisive strategic advantage against three US adversaries at the same time. Although its purpose is non military, the railway also has the potential to be used for military purposes should Russia, China, or Iran decide to go to war with the United States. The Caucasus in Central Asia have mostly been out of US reach without the use of expensive airpower and supporting ground troops there in. The numbers required would make a difference in potential global conflict, and it would be prohibitively expensive. With a capacity of fifty million tons of cargo per year, the trip could hypothetically support the transit of over one hundred thirty thousand tons of supplies per day. A US infantry division in twenty twenty five requires approximately one thousand, one hundred tons of supplies per day, meaning multiple divisions and their supporting air power could be deployed to the region. These units could cause severe issues for Russia, Iran, and China should the unfortunate need arise. The mirrorability to deploy significant US forces to Central Asia and the Caucuses acts as a deterrent against Iran, Russia, and China, thus decreasing the likelihood of war. In a conflict with China centered on Taiwan and Southeast Asia Waters, China could be forced to deploy significant numbers of troops and supplies to Xixiang Province, where China is currently committing a genocide against native wigers on Kazakistan's eastern border, diverting them from China's Pacific coast, which would be the decisive theater of said conflict. President Trump has delivered a major economic blow to our geopolitical adversaries without fighting a single costly war. By negotiating peace between our media and Azerbaijan. He has created a competing trand route for Caspian oil and significantly, we can China's belt and wrote initiative. That's the piece by Julian Sinclair. So you hear all the time about how Trump is about peace and economic development. The phrase Ronald Reagan used was called peace through strength. This is what it looks like. This is peace through strength. There is no way on God's green earth. And it was all over the news today there is no way that Joe Biden was ever going to get a Middle East peace deal done like the one that we are witnessing right now, and god forbid that it falls apart and being look, those possibilities are very real. But along the way, Trump has solved a handful of wars. I believe the number is eight. This is one of them, Armenia and Azerbaijan. Not only did he bring an end to that conflict, he at the same time, by creating this Trump route for an international peace and prosperity, has also in a major way, undermined the abilities of Iran, Russia, and China to fight against the United States. This is what Trump is doing when he's up at one am, at two am, at three am. This is the kind of stuff that he is thinking about. Is this is this is what serious leadership looks like. I wasn't planning on starting the show with this tonight, but I thought it was important coming up after the news at the bottom of the hour or John Lott is going to be here and we're going to hear more about why why the numbers of armed civilians who stop craze shooters. It doesn't get accurately reported, so that more coming up on the Thursday night edition of The Midweek Crisis on seven hundred WLW seven hundred WLW nine, Dan Carroll till midnight tonight, Thursday night edition of the Midweek Crisis. Glad to be here. So glad you are here as well. I don't talk about guns a lot on this show, but what I do I like to have doctor John Lott on. Doctor John Lott is the founder of the Crime Prevention Research Center and it has just done a ton of research on guns and all the rest of it. And I saw this headline a day or so ago and I thought, man, I really want to have him on to talk about this. And the headline is this armed citizens stop far more active shooters than the FBI said a new report reveals, And doctor John Locke, welcome again to seven hundred WW.
Speaker 3: Greod to talk to you again. Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you're here. This is a subject that you have been talking about for how long now, more than a decade at least, have you not?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, I actually wrote my first academic article on the problems with the FBI active shooting data fifteen. It was published and I continued working on it. When I worked in the US Department of Justice, when I was Senior Advisor Research and Statistics, one of my tasks was to look at the possible errors in the FBI active shooting reports.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is something that that you have discovered goes on on a regular basis. And even when you when you point out and I guess have a chance to talk. I don't know who you talk to in the FBI about this, but when you when you're able to bring this to their attention, they are reluctant to change those numbers. Have you been able to figure out why that is so?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it's kind of hard to get in people's minds and they you know, but here's the big problem, and think you're touching on it, and that is even when you get them to agree that their data is incomplete, even when you get them to admit that they've missed something, they don't fix it. There are two types of errors in what the FBI does. One it's misclassified cases. So for example, you have something like the church shooting outside of Fort Worth, Texas in December twenty nineteen, they say, well, it was the security guard that stopped the attack there. Well, actually it was just a parishioner that was there. The church said, anybody who has a permanent concealed handgun can go and carry on church property. We don't even know exactly how many people were carrying then, it could have been like eighteen or twenty. All I can say is the attacker picked the wrong church to go after. And then there are just lots of cases that they miss, and they just tend to miss one type of case. So the FBI claims between twenty fourteen and twenty twenty four there were fourteen cases where legally armed civilian with a concealed carry permit stopped what they call an active shooting case. An active shooting case is an instance where a gun fired in public, not part of some other type of crime like a robbery or a gang fight over drug turf, anything from one person being shot at and missed, all the way up to a mass publisher. And so they say that over those eleven years, about four percent of the active shooting cases, fourteen of these three hundred plus that they have, we're stopped by illegally armed civilians. We think that the right number is rather than fourteen, is two hundred and two, and so rather than rather than four percent, we think that it's actually about thirty six percent. The problem is also though the erres have gotten worse in the last couple of years, the FBI claims that there has not been one single active shooting attack anywhere in the United States it's been stopped by illegally armed civilian. And you know, if you look at the data for twenty twenty four, for example, they claim of zero. We think it's forty eight percent of the active shooting attacks were stopped. And one argument that I had when I was working the Department of Justice with the FBI people was that, look, guys, if you're talking about law abiding citizens stopping these attacks, you have to separate out places where they're legally allowed to carry from places where they're not legally allowed to carry, these so called gun free zones. You can't expect a law abiding citizen to carry a permanent, concealed handgun into a place where it's illegal for them to carry the gun. And if you separate out those gun free zones, what you find that about sixty three percent of the active shooting cases last year were actually stop in places they were allowed to carry by legally armed civilians. Sixty three percent is a lot different than zero and so, and nobody needs to take our work for these cases. We have them listed on our website as well as links to the underlying information about each case. People can go and check them themselves to make sure that they match the FBI definition. The thing that police departments don't collect this data. What they have to do is they hired some researchers down at Texas State University to go and do a Google News search of all things. But we don't know how many many millions of dollars they've spent on this. They won't say, but it's in the many millions of dollars. And they just seem to miss these one types of cases where civilians would have.
Speaker 1: Stopped these attacks.
Speaker 3: And you know, even when the Washington Post or others have reached out to the FBI with our lists to try to get them to say, you know, why aren't you including these, the FBI itself will not respond and will not explain this. When I was working in the Department of Justice, the FBI without really explaining anything other than acknowledging that their data wasn't complete. Basically, wouldn't even respond to people in the Department of Justice. They're be part of it was the fact that I was a political point who was going to be out when Trump left office in January twenty twenty one, and I think they just wanted to run out the clock rather than having to deal with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we don't want an FBI that has anything to do with politics, do we. We've got far too much of that going on. But it just strikes me that if it is a worthwhile endeavor to catalog these crimes and look at the numbers that you're talking about, isn't it also worthwhile to have those numbers reflect the truth of the matter. And it just seems to me like that is a secondary consideration here. And you talked about the research and researching. That was one of the things I wanted to ask you when when you're looking at this through the Crime Prevention Research Center, how difficult is it to obtain this information? How how painstaking is this research to look at all these different events and and and get to the truth of the matter on these things.
Speaker 3: Well, it takes time, and you know, we've probably we haven't spent many millions of dollars on this, like the FBI spent on it. I mean, we've spent maybe tens of thousands of dollars on it. But even though we've haven't spent anywhere near as much, and I don't claim that I've found all the cases that they may have missed, but even with our much smaller budget, we found two hundred and two cases versus the fourteen that they claimed that they had found. But, you know, to get take kind of your earlier point, you know, why is this important? Well, I mean academics use this all the time for their research. You have news reports and piece that I wrote up referenced pieces from the New York Times and Marshton Post and associated press that had headlines based on this FBI data saying that, you know, people rarely use guns concealed carry to stop these active shooting attacks. You have court cases around the country that rely on this FBI data. You have legislative debates in places like the federal government in Washington to various state legislatures that go and deal with this. And you know, a lot of this has to do with things like gun free zones. You know, when you go through this and you see the large number of cases of active shooting cases, so mass public shootings are ones where four more people are killed. You know, what you find is about ninety two percent of mass public shootings occur in gun free zones. And it's not too surprising that the ones where you're seeing a lot of people killed keep on occurring in places where guns are banned. You know, anybody who has read the diaries and manifestos for these mass murderers, like the Catholic school shooter in Minneapolis in August, you know he writes explicitly in his manifesto, and he's not unique. On our website at crimeresearch dot org, we've recorded literally several dozen statements from these mass murderers over the years. I mean, he writes, quote, I recently heard a rumor that James Holmes, the Aurora theater shooter, may have chosen venues that were quote gun free zones end quote. I would probably aim the same way. Holmes wanted to make sure his victims would be unarmed. That's why I and many others like schools so much. At least for me, I am focused on them. Adam Lanza is my reason. Adam Anzo did the Sandy Hook killer. But it's not just the target, even the time of day. He didn't want to go and attack early in the morning when parents were dropping off kids or in the afternoon when they're picking them up, because he was worried that a parent might have a concealed carry permit and might use it to go and stop his attack, you know. And it's you have quotes from the Nashville Covenant school shooter or a Buffalo supermarket attacker, or on and on and on where these guys, you know. So the thing that drives me nuts is that after the Minneapolis case, for example, no one in the media mentioned that he had picked the target because it was a gun pri zone, and they would speculate that, well, maybe he did the school because his mom used to work there. Well it's possible, and talk about that and his manifesto. What he talks about is the fact is the gun for his own. Or they'll go and they'll say things like, well, you know.
Speaker 4: This guy.
Speaker 2: Was you know he.
Speaker 3: Talked a lot about other school shooters, or that he talked about other mass murderers, And that's true, he did. But the reason why he talked about them was because he was learning them about where to go and attack. And it's one of my biggest pet peeves is how the media will clearly read the diaries of manifestos but absolutely refuse to talk about why they picked the targets that they do. And I don't know, you're in the news business, maybe he can explain to me. But it's always been I would think that that would be extremely newsworthy for the media to go and say. Yet we've had yet another mass murder where the person expl delicitly explained that he picked this target because he wanted to go to a place where his victims were unarmed.
Speaker 1: I couldn't agree. I couldn't agree with you more that that that part of the equation always seems to get left out of the story. And even if some of these there's so many of these cases where they simply disappear from the news, but even the ones that have legs and ones that stick around for a certain amount of time, it seems that that that part of the story never seems to make it into the reporting that the majority of the people UH see here and reed. So it it just seems like there's an agenda behind all of this, and why while you're talking about this I'm thinking about an old phrase, and it's it's it's old, and you know, it's a cliche, and they say cliches or cliches because they're true. But I think about, you know, an armed and armed society is a polite society. And I think, you know, the more I see reporting like like you're doing here and these kind of numbers and just the refusal to actually tell the truth about this, the more I think that, you know, that old cliche just keeps proving itself to be true time and time again, that if if, if, if, these individuals who carry these shootings out, not all of them, but by and large a vast majority of them, they seek out these targets because they know the likelihood they're not going to get resistances there and they'll be able to do you know, their their names are going to be spoken all across the country, and they're going to get the headlines and they're going to have some some note of infamy about themselves. Yeah, oh exactly, all right, Well we got to stop it. I mean, you know, we we got we got to stop it, and just it. It doesn't seem that hard that reasonable, Well people could sit down and get to the truth of the matter and then let the chips fall where they may and deal with the issues after that. So just being honest about it, it seems like it's a bridge too far, And I don't know why. If people want to find out more about you, doctor Lott and the Crime Prevention Research Center, how do they do that.
Speaker 3: They can find everything we've talked about on our website at crimeresearch dot org. Crimeresearch dot org.
Speaker 1: All right, doctor Lott, always great to have you on. I always appreciate the time and keep up the great work. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: All Right, there you go, doctor John Lott of the Crime Prevention Research Center. Is it so hard to look at the numbers and say, look, we're researching this just like it, And that is exactly what he's doing. They're just saying, we're researching this just like you are. You want to talk about me. We've got to come up with a clear definition of mass shootings and look at the reasons why shooters do this, and look at how these shooters eventually get stopped. And if they get stopped by law enforcement, that's great. If they get stopped by an armed citizen who happened to be in the right place in the right time, was able to get the drop on the shooter. Why can't we report that accurately? And I don't know about you, but I think there's a lot more anecdotal evidence that we see out there. You know, when I'm looking at my social media, I see videos all the time from convenience stores and other places, jewelry stores. Some would be thug pulls out a gun and winds up wishing he didn't because someone else got the drop on it. Nine to fifty four, We got to get to a break. Who's coming up top of the hour? Then after the top of the hour, we'll be talking with who are we talking with? Tell me let me find mine, let me find my list here Josh Manning from the Western Journal, and we'll talk about the Middle East peace deal as we roll on on this Thursday Night, Thursday Night edition of The Midweek Crisis on seven hundred WLW, I got a big one, seven hundred WLW ten eight damn carroll till midnight tonight. If we call this show the Midweek Crisis Thursday Night Edition every Wednesday and Thursday Night, Baby Rocking and Rolling till midnight and I've got one of my all time favorite guests on from the Western Journal website that I look at all the time and follow all the all the big stories that are happening out there, my buddy Josh Manning from the Western Journal. And Josh, great to have you on the show tonight. And how you doing, man, I'm doing well.
Speaker 4: It's always a pleasure, man. I'm you know, I'm looking forward to having a president who gets the Nobel Peace Prize because he actually did something that's gonna be nice. We hadn't had that in a while.
Speaker 1: It's the one who got the Peace Prize before him, BARACKO Bob. I mean, he was really showed himself, I think, to be the bigger person that he is by putting out that complimentary statement that he put out earlier today. Don't you think he really went the extra mile to show himself to be the great statesman that he really is.
Speaker 4: What a toddler. I just I go back to this over and over again.
Speaker 5: Dan.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm an assignment editor with Western, so I'm sending notes all over the place all day. Hey here, let's take a look at this. Here's the way to cover this. And one of my refrains for the last two months has been this is what toddlers do, and it doesn't It helps that I have a granddaughter, a toddler granddaughter living with me, and so I am reminded daily about what toddlers are. And toddlers want what they want right when they want it. If they don't get it, they pitch a fit. And here's the bad thing. They don't think more than two seconds ahead of themselves. So they want things that will literally kill them. And if you will give those things to them, they'll use them to kill themselves. And that is what democrats are doing, ripped large right now. They are toddlers stamping their feet because we will not give them the tools they need to take the Republic down. Sorry, how's that for an opener?
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. But you know Obama comes out and talks about the conflict and you know, the unimaginable loss and the suffering for these he can't bring himself to put the name Donald Trump in his congratulatory statement, can't bring himself to be in fact, he just acts like like this just is something that occurred naturally and we should all be happy about it. And they and he doesn't he doesn't want to give He don't want to give any credit to that, and Yahoo don't want to give any credit to Jared Kushin. I don't want to give any credit to the people who actually did the hard work that that the Biden administration couldn't do.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: And so you know, I mean, you know, good, good for Obama that he put out a statement on it.
Speaker 6: You know what, I what I love is it not even Obama is a big enough liar or spinmeister that he tried to bring Joe Biden into it. And to say Joe Biden laid wonderful ground not even he tried that. You know, he's silent, not only on Trump.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen anyone trying to make I was looking for it all day today that Joe Biden laid the groundwork and blowed because you know, it wasn't Joe Biden. Isn't that all we heard about Joe Biden, that his foreign policy experience was going to take this country to a new level, a new level of respect. Yeah, you know, a new level of you know, the world Genuflex being at the feet of Joe Biden because of his vast foreign policy experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the guy who had been wrong on literally every single foreign policy decision for forty four years. And not only that, not only was there supposually that vast experience Dan, Remember the grown ups were in charge again. All of a sudden, we were told that, oh the children, you know, it's protection. They called Trumpet Toddler. The children are out of the White House now in twenty twenty and in twenty twenty one, we'll have the adults back in control. And what did the adults do?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: They got Ukraine invaded, they got a the bloodiest ground war in Europe since World War Two, and they got the bloodiest conflict in the Middle East since least the Iran Iraq War. So that's what, Yeah, that's what his vast experience, Joe Biden's vast sperience got us. What did Trump's inexperience He wasn't a politician, he wasn't a diplomat. What did that get us? The first time around? It got us the Abraham Accords, It got us closer to peace in the Middle East than we have ever been. And now less than a year in to Trump forty seven, it looks and I'm trying to I'm trying to be careful with this, Dan, because the hamaflies, the Palestinians cannot be trusted even a little bit, and they may try to reneg on this. Yet in fact, they will try. They will try to reneg on it at some point. It's just a question whether or not they do it before the hostages or exchange. So I'm trying not to get my help hopes up too high, because man, well, I guess it really doesn't matter because the media, being staggeringly is clearly being about this right now. But as soon as there is a whiff of a problem, you know, they will turn on They'll turn on Trump like us.
Speaker 1: Got a blood but that But that's what you know. When when I asked you to be on the show tonight, I asked myself, how is Josh Manning processing this? That that it's a twenty point piece plan. There's a lot of moving parts going on here. I think the behind the scenes, when the behind the scenes of this negotiation that got us to the point where we're at right now is going to be fascinating, too, absolutely fascinating to so to read that and and find out how this negotiation came to pass and to get us to the point where we're at now. But the notion that that Homas is going to lay down its weapons, agree to be peaceful. Uh, we know, whatever remains of Hamas at this point, what happens to them that they're you know, Israel is going to release all these hardcore terrorists and they're going to be back back in the mix.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Can you get your head around the note that Hamas is simply going to dissolve or go away or you know, start running, Yeah, you know, start running you know food carts or food trucks and you know, be part of the great redevelopment there in Gaza.
Speaker 4: Well, they do have experience with food trucks. They steal them all the time and play to your strength. That's what I always say. Uh yeah, So I think what will happen? I am having trouble getting my head around it. It is there are a ton of moving parts, as you said, uh, as far as the Hamas east of it. I think what's going to happen is that what or maybe one hundred or so left who were really involved in October seventh there. I think they will essentially be exiled. They will leave Gaza, They will leave that area and find shelter in Uh, I would guess in Iran, but I don't know the As far as the terrorists who are being released from Israeli prisons and the hostage exchange, I would guess that the same thing is true of them. And this idea of having an international board. I'm more skeptical of international I g o's international governmental organizations like the UN or League of Nations or whatever. But the idea of having all the stakeholders in that area having a vote in control of Gaza, with Trump running the whole darn thing, I think that's probably a good one, because every the the Amaradis want peace there, the Saudis want peace there. The Egyptians really want peace there. You know, the Iranians who are the pariah state, they're they're the ones who don't want peace. The Hoosies don't, but they don't particularly matter. Every time they launch a missile, we just take a power plant or report away from them, so they're they're, you know, they're kind of learned their lesson. I am optimistic about this, but I'm I'll tell you, though, Dan, we've never talked about this. I'm an evangelical Christian. I'm very curious about what this idea of a spontaneous, really unconnected pace in the Middle East, if that's a harbinger for other things. But that's kind of outside the realm of politics. I'm I'm waiting with baited breath that's unfold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be an absolute miracle if Trump can get them to the point to where if there's actual peace for a while and they start looking around and they say, you know what, this piece thing is pretty good. You know, it's good. It's good for me, it's good for my neighbors, it's good for the people who've been suffering for a long time. And maybe maybe that'll that'll catch hold. But but you know, this conflict has been going on since, you know, long before you and I were born, and they I can't help but think it's going to be going on long after you and I are no longer bumping around on this planet.
Speaker 4: You know, if you can get but I think what you said is really important. If you can get some of these Palestinians, the ones who are angriest, if you can get them back into Jordan, if you can get Jordan to absorb some of them, if you can, in fact get each of these states to absorb some of them, and they don't want them. By the way, the Palestinians are the rejects of the Middle East. The Arab countries act like, oh, they're so mistreated. It's the Arab countries who hate them and won't take them in. But anyway, if we can disperse them a little bit, and if we can actually it's the only time to ever hear me say we need more diversity. We can get more diversity in Gaza from people who understand that there is more to life than hate, and that that is incredible land and you actually could have an amazing, prosperous, gorgeous safe area. You know, to your point, maybe maybe Palestinians who are still there, we'll look around and say, hey, maybe maybe we've got to give this a try. But I don't know, Dan, I mean, it took until what three was it, three or four months ago that the majority of Palestinians in Gaza they were still supporting Amas, still saying, ah, yeah, it was worth it. So I'm I'm very skeptical about them. But but what I do know is there's there are powerful nations in that area. They all want peace there, and uh, We're going to have an opportunity here. It's the only thing left because look, Israel gave them their own country. Yeah, Gazza was autonomous, they had their own government. Israel left them with billions of dollars of infrastructure twenty years ago. And what did they do. They had one election one time. That's how democracy works with Islam. One election one time, and then they destroyed the infrastructure and took all money that Israel was giving them to build concrete bunkers. Uh, to shelter hamas leadership and keep hostages.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bunkers and worked.
Speaker 4: It don't work. There's not another plan. This doesn't work. There's not another plan.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see, we'll see what happens with that. The other breaking news tonight, Latsia James. You know, I used I used to have a football coach who liked to use the phrase that turnabout is fair play, and uh, I think I think that applies here. And that interesting that she's been indicted now on this uh, this notion that she uh you know, gave false information so she could get a better deal on a home mortgage. Where have we heard that one before?
Speaker 4: I I'll tell you, I want her and ellen Omar. I want them to see the show on the road, and the whole thing is gonna be about how you marry a relative to get citizenship or better loan terms, because you know elen Omar allegedly, I mean, let's make she did married her brother to get him in and uh, Letitia James listed not on one document, but on two documents, listed her father as her husband. So a whole lot of a whole lot of special love on on over there in the Democrat Party.
Speaker 7: Very.
Speaker 4: A very cosmopolitan take on love.
Speaker 2: Not for cousins.
Speaker 4: They're okay with it's uh, it's daughters and brothers and these things. But but yeah, and I mean, I love it's poetic that she's accused. She's not charged with the same thing she charged Donald Trump with. What I love. It's so stupid, you know. She said Trump overvalued mar A Lago at twenty seven billion. Trump said, our twenty seven million. Pardon me, Trump said, what are you talking about? It's that thing's worth seven hundred and fifty million. That they get the outsiders to come in and talk about it and a praise and look at it. They say, no, no, those things over a billion. Bus Man and then then Deutsche Bank, who they were the ones who gave the loan, said, I don't know you paid them back, paid them back, every interest was great, Hey we.
Speaker 2: Do this again.
Speaker 4: I don't hear, yeah, I don't hear anybody saying the same thing about the loans that she fraudulently took out. For some reason, I don't hear that.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe that'll maybe that'll all come out of trial so that that'll be maybe that'll be a great one to watch. And then I gotta tell you, I had never heard of this woman out in California who's running for governor, Katie Porter. I guess she's an assembly member. But this is one evil woman. This, this is I saw a clip of her earlier today and she was on some news show I guess in the night that Trump got elected. And she tells a story about and and she and she at that time she was playing not There's no doubt in my mind she was planning to run for governor. But she told the story about her twelve year old daughter. And she says, my twelve year old daughter talked to me and said, I'm sad because what if I need an abortion? Are you kidding me? You're you're gonna you're gonna sell out your twelve year old daughter with a disgusting story like that just for your political aggrandizement. And then apparently she doesn't treat the people who work for her very well either.
Speaker 2: Have you seen.
Speaker 4: We've all seen the you're in my shot, Get out of my shot.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the.
Speaker 4: One where she where she fired the staffer who had had a friend murdered. Have you seen that one?
Speaker 1: No, I have not seen that one.
Speaker 4: Oh oh yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: She's got a series of really bad videos out there.
Speaker 4: Back in twenty twenty two, Yes, she fired a staffer who came into the office and had COVID, had not tested positive for COVID, and the staffer said, look, I've been working out. I thought I was just sore from that, and look I just messed up. My head's not really in the right place. Yesterday, my best friend from the navy, she was a vet. My best friend from the Navy was murdered. And the very next thing the porter said to her was, well, you gave me COVID.
Speaker 1: Oh, for God's sake.
Speaker 4: Now, remember remember Dan, they were all vaccinate and we were assured that if you were vaccinated, you couldn't get COVID.
Speaker 2: Remember that.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, this is a world. This is a horrible woman a string in Earlier today I described her as a a brawl less, walking avalanche of flesh. That's what she looks like to me, And I apologized her that was over delighted. I don't mean to be vulgar, but watch the video or better, better yet looking to it, because then you don't have to watch her. You know, she attacked her husband with with boiling hot potatoes one time. That she's an untit.
Speaker 1: She's a lovely way. And you wonder how you could possibly get a worse governor than Gavin Newsom. This is how you do it, California. So I mean, and isn't she leading in the polls out there right now? Isn't she like? Oh for good?
Speaker 4: We don't have new pulling as far as I know, As far as I know, there's not new polling. But who's got to hit her?
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 1: With the local television reporter. You if you're going to ask follow up questions and I'm calling them love leaving.
Speaker 4: I don't want this on camera. Oh my god, I don't want this on camera.
Speaker 1: Well, she you know she she definitely needs someone to to put her in a better outfit if she's going to be sitting in profile.
Speaker 4: My favorite yeah, exactly right. My favorite part of that though, was where she apparently had seen the list of questions she was going to be asked ahead of time, or the list of topics, and she got furious that she might have to answer something not on that list.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, Kamala Harris doesn't like to ask questions that she's not prep for either.
Speaker 4: We're back to where we started.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've come full circle. And with that, Josh Manning, we got a run. I mean, the dude, I say it, I say it every time, but the time one of these times, I'm going to book you for a whole hour and and then to help us. Yeah, Lord, help us. Let us have a great time. Johnsh Manning a Western Journal. All the best to your brother. Always appreciate the time, keep up the great work. We'll talk against.
Speaker 4: So thank you, Dan. I'm a big fan.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, Josh Manning at the Western Total unbelievable fun. Way late for a break here on send my buddy Gary click is coming up after the news here at the bottom of the hour, seven hundred WLW tag on the Big Ones seven hundred WW ten thirty nine. We got to midnight tonight. It's Thursday night edition of the Midweek Crisis. And my buddy, my buddy, Gary Click is here that that right wing lunatic from northern Ohio stir in the pot, stir in the pot. Why can't you just leave well enough alone?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, you put all these proposals out there, you get people upset. People want to make funny and say, oh, here's this guy Gary Click again. Man, he's just uh, you know, wants us all to have religion in schools now, and God knows we can't have that religion in schools. What's so tell me about this that this latest brain story that you had.
Speaker 2: About God forbid that we love God?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 2: And by the way, I just I've been listening to you and I just got one quick question before we get into that. It's how many Nobel Peace prices can one president earn?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. That's a good question. Uh, well we'll see what. Look if if I don't know that much about the Nobel Committee, but if they can't see their way to uh, if if, if this thing works in the Middle East, Uh, and they can't see their way to to name Trump uh.
Speaker 2: Worthless?
Speaker 1: There, yeah, I mean there, they'll prove themselves to be completely illegitimate, completely and totally illegitimate.
Speaker 2: Well that's right. Well, Well into HBO six Charlie Kirk American here at Jack. You know, I'm on a to carry that.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: I met Charlie just once. I met him last December at the National Association of Christian Lawmakers. He was speaking there and we talked just a little bit. But you know, I was devastated, you know when I heard the news on September tenth of what happened, and really, you know, makes you think, where are we of a country? You know, And it's not like I knew him personally, but it was really it was an attack on America. It was an attack on our face.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 2: I got to thinking, you know, I had a conversation with our good buddy Adam Bird on my podcast. I just started podcasters clicking, Yeah, what's clicking? What do you think of that name?
Speaker 1: But what's it called? Again?
Speaker 2: What clicking?
Speaker 1: What's clicking? With Gary Klick? I like that that very.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked about that because Rida McLean and text Fisher have a resolution not just to honor Charlie Kirk. And you know, Texts was one of the first one employe of Turning Point Us. I didn't know that until then. And Adam made this comment, he said, you know, he said that Charlie was the perfect combination of Billy Graham at Rushman Ball and I can't think of any better. I can't think of any better way to describe him. And so for many of us it felt like it was an attack on us personally because he was a conservative, but his conservatives was motivated by his Christian faith, and you really can't separate the two. And he was one who would go back and talk about our history. He would talk about our hairs, he would talk about our roots. And what I've observed in the schools lately and not just lately, but over the years is deconstruction. Deconstructionism comes in. And what that does is you just stopped talking about the truth. You don't start telling the lie yet, you just start not telling the truth. Because if he started lying, the parents would know it immediately and they say, no, your teacher saw wrong. They go in, they correct it, and they picked everything. But it takes a couple of generations and they stop telling the truth for one generation, and so then you have a generation that doesn't know, and then the next generation they start telling them a lie and they start injecting things like DEI and so forth, and this post structuralism that comes in, and that's sort of a culture and historical amnesia. You forget where you came from. And when we forget where we came from, then we have untethered ourselves from our history, and that's going to be a danger to our future. And it's like I said in our committee, I said, without Christianity and American history, there would be no American history. And sometimes I also add to that. I did not in committee, but sometimes I alside to that without Christianity in our future, we have no American future because Christianity is the secret ingredient. Now when I say that Christianity is what brings religious freedom to America, hey, you know, in a Christian America, you're welcome to be a Muslim, You're welcome to be a Hindan. You're wanting to be an atheist, You're welcome to be agnostic, You're welcome to be whatever you want to be. But we came from a society where the Pilgrims fled. And by the way, the Pilgrims were a church. If you look at the embarkation, that twelve to eighteen portrait in the rotunda in the Capitol building, it's a prayer meeting on board the speed well. The speedwell was proven to be unseaworthy, so they had to just combine and all come over on the Mayflower, and some had to stay behind. And it was Pastor John Robinson in the middle holding the Bible with the name of Jesus Christ's scroll across it in this portrait that sits in our nation's capital, and their hands are lifted in prayer or folded in prayer. They're on their knees, they're looking towards Heaven, and the sale behind them says God with us. Behind them is a rainbow that depicts not what people think it depicts today, but it depicts the promises of God. And this was a church that actually sent half of its members to the New World to start a new church. And when they got here, as you know the story, they were like four hundred miles off course and they didn't land where they were supposed to have and have a charter, so they formed self government right there before they got off with what we call the day the Mayflower Compact. It used to have a much longer name. It starts in the name of God, and it talks about spreading the glorious Gospel in the light of Jesus Christ. And that's not to say that we had a church state, but that we were founded on the basic principles of scripture. Donald Blutz to study of the Founding Era and where did all the citations come from. Everyone wants to give John Locke a lot of credit, and he deserves credit. So does Monusque, so does Blackstone, so does Hume. But if you take and combine all three of them together, that's about twenty one percent of all the quotes of the Founding probabies in the Founding Era. But you know that's the four of them together. But the Bible itself was quoted thirty four percent of the time. That's more than any of them, all of them combined. Deuteronomy was quoted more than Locke, and Monusque and Blackstone, and the apostle Paul was quoted more than any of them all by himself, and they in Deuteronomy. That was when the children of Israel were going into the New Land and Moses was laying out for them the principles of a republic, a republican form of government. And that's where we learned many of the principles that established us. That's where we learned the three three parts of government, you know, the legislative, of the judicial and the executive. You know, God is our king, our judge, and our lawmaker. That's from the scriptures. And so we implanted those principles. Even the non Christians like Thomas Jefferson, like Benjamin Franklin, they understood the value of Christianity. Thomas Paine, he's the one i'd call the heretic. He certainly was not a Christian. He wrote Common Sense, and you know what he did in Common Sense, that book pamphlet common Sense, he borrowed from everyone else. He borrowed from Christian theology, and he quoted Scripture to justify independence. And he did that not because he believed it, but because he knew that America was steeped in Christianity. He knew that the people in this nation would be moved by the scriptures more than anything else. Later he wrote a blasphemous work called The Age of Reason. And when he wrote The Age of Reason, he was there was probably six other people founding followers included like Elias Budineou who wrote responses to that, and Elias Budinoh, a founding father, actually wrote the Age of Revelation and he wrote that as a response to the Age of Reason. And matter of fact, Thomas Pain was so despised after he wrote that they couldn't even find a place to bury him. There's a very interesting book called The Trouble with Tom Strange after life Thomas Pain. He couldn't find a cemetery that would bury him because of the way he spoke against Christianity, and so he was very on his own farm. And then a guy named William Cobbatt dug up his boat to put him on display everywhere. And then Spike took his hand. This is a hand that wrote Tom and said somebody took pieces of his hair, his skull, even his brain. And Thomas Pain's remains are just scattered everywhere. You can't find them anymore. And that's because of what happened to him and how he somewhat attacked Christianity. During his lifetime. He was not well respected. And when you come to George Washington's farewell address, Washington and Payne had a huge falling out, and he said, of all the dispositions which ensure political prosperity for land, religion and morality are indispensable supports. He said, in vain, would that man claim the tribute of patriotism? Who would seek to subvert them? And so I think he was addressing that to Thomas Pain, because he understood Benjamin Franklin told Pain. He said when Pain showed up his book The Age of Reason, and Franklin was not what I would call it Christian.
Speaker 8: It was not.
Speaker 2: I don't think he was a deist like many people claim either, because he called for prayer, and he said this, He said, of all the longer I lived, more convincing cruse, I see that God intervened in the affairs of man. And then that call for prairie quoted fourteen passages of Scripture extemporaneously. He was very familiar with the Bible. I still wouldn't call him a Christian, and he didn't call himself a Christian, but he called for prayer. And when Thomas Payne showed him his book, he said, you ought to burn that before anyone else reads it, because he understood the value of Christianity and the American ethos. And so America was greatly influenced by Christianity. But now people think well of separation of church and state, and they don't even realize where that phrase came from. They attributed to either the Constitution or to Thomas Jefferson. And it didn't start with either one of them. It started with Roger Williams. Roger Williams was a Patriot pastor at the sixteen thirty second the seventeenth century. He was kicked out of Massachusetts for religious beliefs and they were going to send the actually they were going to send him back to England, where he has certainly been imprisoned for his beliefs. He escaped northward with the help of the Native Americans, and he's the founder of Providence, Rhode Island, which was founder of religious liberty. And he wrote a work called The Bloody Tenet of Persecution, and in that he drew from Isaiah chapter five and where it talks about the vineyard or the domestic grades and then the wild grapes and having a hedge in between them. And he said, the domestic grapes or the vineyard was the church, the wild grapes was the world, or maybe the government. And he said that head is a wall of separation. And so he drew that metaphor of a wall of separation of church and state from Isaiah chapter five. That went on down through Locke. Two people call him a death He wrote two huge works on the defense of Christianity. He was not a Deist. And then so even so Locke and Moniscue, Black Cille, they were all Christians. And then Thomas Jefferson pulled from that when John Leland came to see him, and John Leland had spoken with James Madison because Leland was anti federalist because there was no Bill of Rights, and he told Leland he couldn't support him, and he was from Virginia. Virginia was not going to elect Madison to the ratifying committee. Patrick Henry was an anti federalist. George Mason was an anti federalist. Edmund ran Off, the government governor, was anti federalist. And so Madison, I said, left the capital, which was New York City at the time came and solicited Pastor John Leland's support, and Leland said to him, he said, we have to have a bill of rights, which Leland was not disposed to do at the time. Leland promised that if he won, he'd work on a bill of rights. Mathison endorsed him, and that's the only reason he won a seat on the ratifying committee. If he had not gotten on the ratifying committee, he would not have been able to shepherd the constitution through ratification, and we wouldn't have our constitution.
Speaker 1: So are you are you?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 1: Do you have all this written down? Are you just doing this all off the top of your head? Are you read like like I?
Speaker 2: Steady? Friends? So?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think at the very least I have no idea you know how this and and I love the title of it though the Charlie Kirk American Heritage Act. At the at the very least, you are going to, I think, have a the cause of debate to happen in the state of Ohio as it regards our Yeah, and I think I think everyone is going to wind up benefiting from that because I think I don't I don't think there's anything wrong with kids in school today, making a connection from you know, why why we have certain laws in place today. Why we talk about the constitution, what's in the constitution, we talk about the Declaration of Independence, why it's written the way it is, uh, you know, the you know they talk about, uh, the thing is all the references to the Creator and everything else, and it makes it. It makes that connection. So if that debate, if all this does is cause this debate to take place in the state of Ohio, I think most of the people are going to be better off in the long run because of that.
Speaker 2: I agree, And we just want teachers to be We're not requiring teachers to teach any of this, but I do know I had one superintendent told me it was illegal to teach the history because that's a separation of church and the state.
Speaker 1: Now, you know, I'll tell you. I'll tell you that. And we've only got about a minute left here. But anecdotally, when when my kid was in uh, I don't know, sixth seventh grade, he had his history book sitting on the kitchen table one night and I started paging through this history book and there was a chapter on on on September eleventh, and literally there was I think a page and a half of what happened on September eleventh, and you know, it talked about, you know, how how it was, you know, jihadis, Muslims jahadas who attacked the United States. And then for the next I don't know, five six, seven, eight nine pages, it was all about Islam, all about Muslims, about all about how wonderful the religion really is, and we shouldn't they pull up poorly and it was so you know, don't tell me that this kind of stuff doesn't make it into the to the history books and the education of our kids. But Gary, click, we got a run, man. I mean, that went unbelievably fast. And thanks for the history lesson tonight and a whole bunch of other I wanted to run by it. But keep up the great work up there, and we'll talk again soon, my friend. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I look forward to it.
Speaker 1: God bless you all right, Thank you, pastor Gary Klick State wrap up there in Northern Ohio. Always great to have him on ten fifty four. Got to get to a break seven hundred WLW seven we all know ten nine eleven o nine on the Thursday night edition of the midweek crisis. I'm Dan Carroll, thank you so much for being here. Five one, three, seven, nine, seven thousand and one, eight hundred. The big one phone lines are open. I haven't had them open all night long, but they are open now. As we are done with the guests for the for the final hour, where do I want to start there? The big debate going on in Virginia tonight. We and we had one here in Cincinnati between Aft tab Purval and Corey Bowman as they are both running for mayor. Obviously aftab is the mayor now he's running for reelection, and I'm reading just some of the some of the reviews that have been posted on social media, and it looks like it was a good night for Corey Bowman. So we may or may not call in. We'll we'll see what happens there. But the other debate is happening in Virginia the governor for that state, between Abigail Spamberger and win some Earl Sears, who I think is just terrific. Here's a little piece of that debate when she was asked about I think Joe am I right? Is this the cut about the the the men in women's locker rooms and so forth. All right, let's yeah, this is this is how this sounded. Hit that cut.
Speaker 10: So again, the question was, should transgender girls who are biological males be allowed to use girls' bathrooms and play on girls sports teams in K through twelve?
Speaker 1: You have fifteen seconds to clarify.
Speaker 11: In cases across Virginia. I think it's incumbent upon parents and educators and administrators in each local community to make decisions locally.
Speaker 1: That's what this is about.
Speaker 11: There should never be.
Speaker 1: In locker rooms. We finally have her saying that, but you voted for that series.
Speaker 10: This is miss Spanberger's time. Have a follow up QUI for Miss Spamburger, would you rescind the Young and Administration policy requiring boys and girls to use bathrooms aligning with their biological sex?
Speaker 1: You have thirty seconds.
Speaker 11: My priority would be to ensure that local communities, importantly, parents and teachers, educators are able to work together to meet the unique needs of each school in each community girls. And that is important. And I say that as a mother of three daughters in Virginia public schools exactly, and as someone who used to investigate crimes against children. The way that we keep our children safe is by ensuring they are safe in schools, which includes funding law enforcement and public safety.
Speaker 10: But miss Svanberger, the question was should the young would you rescind the youngin administration policy requiring boys and girls to use bathrooms aligning with their biological sex? You have fifteen seconds to clarify that question.
Speaker 11: Yes, and my answer is that in each local community, decisions should be made between parents and educators and teachers in each community. It shouldn't be dictated viral politicians.
Speaker 1: You know, if you're listening to me and you're in Virginia right now, or you vote in Virginia, if you vote for Spanberger, you're you're a fool, You're an idiot. Yeah, I said before. I played a cut from her before when she was out on the campaign trail and she was asked a question about this, and she was talking about, well, the Virginia law, say is this is this? No, you're asked about what is your position? How do you feel about this? What will you do? And then she goes on to talk about communities and parents and meeting the needs and all that and all that mumbo jumbo. No, as governor, as a leader, you have to be someone who steps up, someone who puts yourself out there. You have to say I believe in this, I believe in that, I will do this, I will do that, and she can't do it. The term I used before when I played that SoundBite, it was a couple of weeks ago, was I was talking about Michelle Malcolm and when she used to write columns all the time, she coined the phrase crap weasel. And I want you to think about that when you listen to her or any politician speak the way she's speaking. And God bless winsome seers. She's standing about five feet away saying no, that's not the question. And these idiots who are running the debate, they should have let they should have let that exchange take place instead of acting like prison guards saying you have thirty seconds, you have fifteen seconds. I'm going to ring my little bell. I swear to these people. They have no idea how to do a good debate. But she's a crap weasel. Well, let's go to Reagan independence Greg, what's going on tonight? Seven hundred ww Hey, Dan, how you doing? I'm good? Greg?
Speaker 7: What you got have you heard any feedback on the aftamp? Evil Corey Bowman debate I have.
Speaker 1: I've just read a couple of little things on social media. Looks like it might have been a good night for Corey Bowman. I messaged him earlier tonight and I told him he is welcome to call in to give us a recap of the debate, at least from his perspective. So we'll see what happens to that.
Speaker 7: Why can't five, nine, twelve or nineteen televises? Why don't we have to go on YouTube television?
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, that's a good question. It seems to me that, look, it's been especially since it has been what I want to say, in nineteen seventy two or seventy six, since we've had a Republican mayor. This is the first time I think in the last three or four election cycles that we've even had a Republican running for mayor in the city of that So it seems to me like it like it's kind of a big deal.
Speaker 4: I think you're gonna win.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 1: I think that would be the best thing for Cincinnati. I know, I think it would be the best thing to uh to get. I can't think, I can't think of a legitimate reason why any of the current city council members ought to be re elected. They ought to get get rid of them all and get and get to get nine new members or eight new members or whatever it is. Nine I think nine new members of council in there. Get it. Get them out, because uh, these you know, these council members that are in there now, I can't think of a good reason to keep any of them.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Republicans a chance to run the city.
Speaker 7: Come on, we've had Democrats for too long.
Speaker 1: And we're we see how that's? How's that working out? Greg? I appreciate the call man. All right, there you go, that was that was Greg, good stuff right there. Let me let me here's a Trump was having a an event at the White House yesterday and he was talking about Antifa, and so the the the standard line from the left and the left leaning media is that Antifa doesn't even really exist, that it's just kind of a you know, an amorphous thing out there, and you know, it's just so, you know, an idiot right wingers just making stuff up. But he says he's going to designate Antifa as a foreign terrorist organization. And they did this roundtable at the at the White House. So you had all these different individuals there who have been, you know, have dealt with Antifa, and they talked about the money, where the money goes, and there's the there's a lot of money changed for organization that doesn't it doesn't exist. There's a lot of money changing cans, and there's a lot of funding of these of these different Antifa groups that is going on. One of the individuals who was at the round table was an independent journalist. Her name is Brandy Cruz, and she has seen the light. She admits that she looked right at President Trump when she said this. She said, I had Trumped arrangement syndrome. And here's how she talked about that. This is one of my favorite sound bites of the day. But this is Brandy Cruz, who has had her share of Antifa coverage an independent journalists, and here's how she laid it out for the Trumpster. Let's hear Joe Waldell. Let's hear cut number three.
Speaker 12: Please, I'm living proof that you can recover from TDS. I had strong Trump derangement syndrome for probably eight years. It's this is one of the reasons I recovered from it. And by the way, it's much better to not have TDS. I'm happier, I'm healthier, more successful. I even think I got a little more attractive after I got one of my Trump derangements.
Speaker 7: Yes, you know I watched.
Speaker 12: I'm a reporter in Seattle, and frankly, I could not care any less what any.
Speaker 1: Of you have to say about this meeting.
Speaker 12: Could not care any less. We're not here for you. I'm not here to convince any of you that Antifa is a real thing, because if you have not come to that conclusion by now, you are never going to come to that conclusion because you don't want to see it, and you're gonna go and you're gonna say it's a bunch of right wing conservative influencers who are here spinning a tail.
Speaker 2: I was one of you.
Speaker 12: I was a mainstream reporter in Seattle for ten years. I was a TV reporter on the streets doing my job, and I was still assaulted by Antifa. So it's not about being conservative. It's about people who go there and show what they're doing. And when I saw after all those years that the media wouldn't be honest about what was happening, that democratic politicians wouldn't be honest about what was happening. I thought, well, gosh, if they're not being honest about that, maybe they're not being honest about President Trump either. And it opened my mind to just looking at things for what they were. And now I find you quite funny.
Speaker 1: Actually, no, I'm it's think I.
Speaker 12: Said, I'm much happier.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: That's that young woman was. She's been in the belly of the beast. She's covered Antifa, she's been assaulted by Antifa. She was a news reporter, she was drinking the kool aid, had full blown trumped arrangements into for eight years, eight years, and she finally saw the truth and she said, if our media is lying about this, what else are they lying about? And she didn't have anyone out there brainwashing her. She came to this conclusion on her own. She used her own brain, her own mind to get around this stuff and get her head around this stuff and figure out what the heck was going on. Now we have the Washington Post, and the Washington Post has admitted that the government is too big and there is plenty of fat that can be cut. The Post again, and they wrote about this, of course on one of my favorite websites. As NewsBusters, the Post once again tackled the ongoing political standoff between the GOP and the Democrats over what they call the Schumer shutdown, surprisingly chastising liberal lawmakers for being stubborn by continually voting down the republican clean continuing resolution. Then came a job dropping admission from the liberal newspaper, the government is too big. There is plenty of fat to cut. Again, this is the Washington Post, but they took it even a step further. If the last week has shown anything it's that the federal bureaucracy performs too many non essential tasks that do not have a direct bearing on the lives of most citizens. I mean, this is this is a eye opening, This is a revelation.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 1: The media, at least the Washington Post and this this and the instance you know I have to tell you. I mean, the media is one of the things because it's part of my background that I have talked about continuously for years on this radio stage. And I have seen so much. I've seen so much of it firsthand. I've at least on the TV end of the business, and I see the and I know the way things are written, and I see the bias. I've seen it. I've seen it, I've lived it. I know what it is. And for the editorial board on the Post to come out and admit this, and this comes on the heels of this editorial board admitting that that Obamacare was, that the Affordable Care Act was next never actually affordable. And they went for years carrying water for this guy for years, and it's all coming around. Kurt Slickter wrote a great piece in town Hall talking about how the media He's coming them seeing the media come around as well. He talked about social media, not long ago was a closed system controlled by communist overlords. Capitalists can be worse than communists who conspire with the evil Biden cabal to suppress the speech normal Americans. But that all changed Elon Musk bought Twitter, made it X, lifted the censorship rules its competitors were forced to follow suit. I mean, think about that was that was a huge turning point for this country when Elon Musk went in and bought Twitter, made it and made it become X, and the social media broke the chains of the stranglehold that the Biden administration had placed on it and who remembers the Twitter files all the information came out. Mark Zuckerberg at Facebook talked about how with regularity the Biden administration would force them to suppress things that they didn't like, not things that were untrue, not things that were that were harmful, not things that were propaganda for our enemies. It was simply things that they didn't like. And I talked about that in real time as it was happening. The suppression that that is government suppression of our First Amendment rights. Now he's saying, it's the mainstream media's turn. The regime media is going to change. The first reason is that we're is that we are woke to just how evil it is. He says, there was a time when most Republicans carried what the New York Times or ABC said. They granted those institutions respect, He says, not us, hardcore folks, we always knew exactly what the regime media was. Well, now the truth we've been telling is undeniable. Except for except for the most impotent of the GOP. Republicans treat the mainstream media like what it is our enemy. If they go on face the press with George Snuffalupagus it's to mock the host or hostess and generate viral eclips of their humiliation. And he's talking about CBS has hired Barry Weiss over there. So Kirk Slicker is pointing to a major change that is coming to our national media, and the Washington Post is doing it now. So yes, antifa is a real thing. And people who covered it were at the White House telling Trump all about it. It's eleven twenty five. We got to get to a break. The final segment's coming up. Five one, three, seven four nine seven thousand, what eight hundred the big one if you want to get on board, seven hundred WLW seven hundred WLW eleven thirty eight year old till midnight tonight five one three, seven, nine seven one eight hundred bill of from Westwood is on the line. We'll get the bill in just a moment. Uh, Donald Trump, he's got a physical coming up. How's he feeling about it? Let's hear cut number one.
Speaker 9: I'm meeting with the troops and I'm also going to do a sort of semi annual physical, which I do and I think I'm in great shape.
Speaker 1: But I'll let you know.
Speaker 9: But no, I have no difficulty thus far is there would around here, no difficulty. Physically, I feel very good. Mentally, I feel very good. You know, I did about six seven months ago. I do physicals. I like to when I'm around, I like to check always early, always be earliest, a lesson for a lot of people. But I also did a cognitive exam, which is always very risky because if I didn't do well, you'd be the first to be blaring it. And I had a perfect score, and one of the doctors said he's almost never seen a perfect score. I had a perfect a perfect score.
Speaker 1: I got the highest score, and that made me feel good. There you go, perfect cognitive exam, going to meet with the troops. I guess at Walter reed and the Trumpster is the healthiest president we've ever had. And then during the same session, he was asked about maybe getting a Nobel Peace Prize. And here's what he said about that. Let's hear cut number two.
Speaker 9: I know this that nobody in history has solved eight wars in a period of nine months. And I've stopped eight wars, so that's never happened before.
Speaker 1: But they'll have to do what they do. Whatever they do is fine.
Speaker 2: I know this.
Speaker 9: I didn't do it for that. I did it because I saved a.
Speaker 1: Lot of lives.
Speaker 9: And that's the thing that bothers me so much about the Russia Ukraine. Seven thousand people are dying a week, the young soldiers. They're almost all soldiers of Ukraine and Russia. So in theory it doesn't affect us. No, but it's a terrible thing. And we'll get that solved too. But nobody has ever done eight wars. Nobody's done eight wars in thirty years, let alone nine months.
Speaker 1: So there you go, and I saw a piece of me.
Speaker 2: What I do with that?
Speaker 1: All the people that that that criticized Trump, they're they're nowhere to be found. Now let's go to Bill and west Wood and see what he's got for us tonight. Bill, how's it going tonight?
Speaker 5: It's going well, young man. Good to hear you back on the midweek crisis.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to be here. Good to hear your voice too.
Speaker 5: Thank you, young man. Went to the mayoral debate tied over an xavier.
Speaker 1: You did over the Cintas Center, Yes, sir, how to have that? Tell me how how they have the Cintas Center set up?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 5: As you go down the steps, you go into the big banquet room down there.
Speaker 13: They had a.
Speaker 5: A t level stage at the on the floor they had the questioners.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 5: The moderator was up on the DAAs with both candidates and you know, calling on each one of the questioners to hand to each one of the candidates or questions. It went pretty well. The questions weren't, you know, biased to one side or the other, at least I didn't think so. The mayor took a few cheap shots at Corey's brother, Vice President Vance, and anybody who supports making America great again, and that was kind of sad. While I was sitting there listening to the debate, I was scrolling down through Facebook on the Channel nine page, the thread that the thread that had the debate on it, there were people calling maga people racists, et cetera.
Speaker 1: And that was that And how was that part of the debate.
Speaker 3: Well, that wasn't.
Speaker 8: But it goes to it goes to the fact that the Democrats are using uh scare tactics against minorities, thinking that Abuement administration would be using racial profiling against oh.
Speaker 1: I see, I see because he because he wants he wants to have proactive policing. He wants police to actually take criminals off the streets. He wants, you know, he wants, uh, the judges and the prosecutors and the courts to to do their part when it comes to keeping the city safe. You know, it's one It's one thing to have police officers out there who go out and arrest people. But then it's another thing, too, uh, to have the courts that we have now and the judges that we have now who continually let these people go. You know, I get so upset when I hear about someone who commits a heinous crime and then you find out, well, this person's been arrested thirty times before, or forty times or ninety times or whatever the number is. That sort of thing has to stop.
Speaker 5: Well, this is true, and I have read on the Signal ninety nine page where Mayor Parival, while he was Clerk of Courts, had threatened the Hamilton County judges with being primary if they do any kind of bill requirements or holding them in the jail. So I have no reason to disbelieve this because it's been backed up by what I've been told by several other people, and that's pathetic. I mean, you're the clerk of courts, you have higher political aspirations, and you're telling your judges, you know, your fellow the Democrats, not to put people in jail who deserve to be in jail.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, you know there was a voter or no confidence by the Cincinnati f OP again, you know, on this on this mayor and the he was not endorsed by the by the fire the fire union. Yeah, the fire and that was not the department, but the union, the firefighters. So yeah. So, I mean, aftab's got a lot of problems. And you know I saw on that we have not had a we haven't even had a Republican run from mayor since two thousand and nine. So if if Corey Bowman makes some serious inroads here, we'll see what happens. But Bill, I appreciate the fact that you actually went to the Centas Center tonight, and I thank you for that first hand report on the on the debate.
Speaker 5: Well, I hope it was worthy of your show.
Speaker 2: Young man.
Speaker 1: You have Philly dam You did a fine job. Bill, thank you very much for that. Let's I got a couple more soundbites. I want to get to here one is, uh, we were talking about Antifa earlier and Aaron Burnett on CNN and a lot of the left, the leaning mainstream media, they continue to carry water for this organization that Trump wants to declare a terrorist organization. And this is what this sounds like. Let's hear cut number five.
Speaker 13: In fact, it's not even like far right groups like the Proud Boys and Oathkeepers, which have had national leaders. Unlike Antifa, there is no organized hierarchy to the group, and according to the Center for Strategic and International Studies, compared to right wing extremists, Antifa linked violence is rare and limited, but that has not stopped Trump from blaming Antifa for just about every act of violence in America since he first got into office. In fact, it's not even like far right groups like the Product.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's CNN and you know, look a little violence by Antifa, no big deal, right.
Speaker 8: They have.
Speaker 1: I mean, these people are just really okay. It was it was like it was when trend to Argua was taking over apartment buildings in in Aurora, Colorado. Remember that interview with Dadie Vance. But if mister Vice President, it's only it's only a couple well, he wasn't vice president then, I believe I was still during the campaign. It's only a couple of buildings, and he said, do you hear yourself, Well, it was Martha Radditt's do you hear yourself? A couple of buildings. We're supposed to sit there and accept that. We're supposed to sit there and accept it. In Chicago that the mayor has said there are no go zones in Chicago for ice or other law enforcement because you just want to let the criminals run wild. We can't have that kind of stuff. Many of the lawmakers who demanded a seats firing Gaza over the past two years of fallen silent now that Trump has the the deal at least the beginning phases of the deal working between Israel and Hamas and the Daily Caller went and Wren did a did a rundown on a bunch of these individuals. Democrat Illinois RepU Delia Ramirez, who in March joined colleagues outside the Capitol call for a seatsfire and an end to Netta, whose campaign ethnically cleanse Gaza, has been silent on the on the matter, and she's called for the for the return of the of the hostages, and let me see here's Promila Jaya Paul issued a statement on Tuesday, marking the two year anniversary of the October seventh Hamas attack, and she writes, into two years since we've seen that revenge never brings peace, and war only brings more war, the more war, referring to what she called the genocide of the Palestinian people in Gaza by the Israeli government. She ended her statement with a call for the immediate and permanent ceasefire, but has not commented since Trump announced a deal on Wednesday or spoken publicly about it. Let's see, President Trump needs to quit his bombastic rhetoric and work to return Israel and Hamasta the negotiating table, restore the ceasefire, so violence will cease, said Democrat Minnesota rep. Betty McCollum. So since the deil has been announced, she has not said anything. Okayzio Quartets has not said anything since the the announcement came out. So you've got all these got ilhan Omar, who has repeatedly criticized this administration and it has called for a cease fire and an end to the genocide. She hasn't had anything to say. So now all these loud mouse get out there and they don't really care about the issue. They simply want to have something that that they can use to beat up Trump with. Let's see here this woman in California, this Assembly. I guess she's in the Assembly. She's a lawmaker out there. Her name is Katie Porter, and she is Look, you cannot look at your social media feed without seeing videos of her. There's a video of her where she is I guess she's doing a zoom call or she's doing a podcast, and she's got her laptop over in there, and then someone wanders into her shot over her left shoulder and she immediately just lights that person up, dropping the F bomb. And speaking of dropping the F bomb, Kamala Harris is out there on her book tour and she has taken to a dropping the F bomb when it comes to talking about Trump and when it comes to talking about the people, and she's calling them mf errs and all this other stuff. That is that really what we want from our politicians? But here's this Katie Porter. This is another video. There there's another. There's another one where she's a longer one where she's sitting with a local news reporter out there and the news that this woman is just asking routine questions, following up on some of the questions, and she can't have it, and she actually stops the interview and winds up walking away.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: This is an older clip though from I think it's actually from the second time that Trump got elected, and here she is talking to, you know, yucking it up with local news reporters. And this to me just is it just turns my stomach to hear a woman talk like this. Let's hear cut number four.
Speaker 14: So on election night I was with I went to pick up my daughter from water polo practice and she's twelve, and she got in the car and she was crying, and I said, did.
Speaker 1: Someone punch you? That waterpool's a rough sport.
Speaker 14: I was like, did someone hit you?
Speaker 2: To the coach?
Speaker 14: Yell at you what happened? And she said, Mom, Trump won, Trump's gonna win, And what if I get raped and I need to have an abortion. This is from a twelve year old, my twelve year old daughter. And so it was really a reminder of how scary this time is for people and how important it is for Democrats to have strategies, both at the state level and the federal level to make sure that we can continue to protect people's rights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're going to get jump on the back of your twelve year old and call for abortion rights, That to me is just that, that is sick and you're really you're just a You're just a pig. If you do that, I mean, you really are. That is sick and disgusting. And how many mothers out there have their twelve year old daughters? First of all, I don't think. I don't think something like this really happened. But you're gonna you're gonna say, just in order to get votes, You're gonna say, my twelve year old daughter talked about what if I get raped and I can't have an abortion? Belinda, I don't know if you're a mother or not, but would would you ride the back of your twelve year old and talk about my twelve year old wants to have an abortion just so you can get some votes? Would you do that? Hello? Belinda, Belinda, what happened Belinda and Kentucky? Oh well, Belinda, thanks for calling, Thanks thanks for listening. I gave her a shot and she didn't want to talk Joe, was she talking to you all right? Well, I guess she's not familiar with the way it works. But Belinda, maybe next time. That's it for me. I gotta go, have a great night, and we will see you next time. Let's go Bengals this weekend. Have a great weekend. We'll see you next week here on the Home of the Best Bengals coverage seven hundred WLW