Speaker 1: Before we look at a look back at significant events and people tied to this particular data in history, including but not limited to these. The United States officially took formal possession of Alaska from Russia this date in eighteen sixty seven. Canada and Greenland are next. The American flag was raised for the first time in Puerto Rico eighteen ninety eight, after Spain relinquished control of that island to US. The US nineteen fifty four, Texas Instruments unveiled the Regency tr one, the first commercially produced transistor radio. Got my first transistor radio in nineteen sixty six. Let's see here. Nineteen sixty two, James Watson, Francis Crick, and Maurice Wilkins awarded the Nobel Prize for Medicine and Physiology back when Nobel Prizes actually meant something. For determined their double helix molecular structure of DNA. Nineteen sixty eight, American Bob Beeman shattered the previous long jump world record by nearly two feet at the Summer Olympics in Mexico City. Congress passed the Clean Water Act nineteen seventy two. Nineteen seventy seven two important dates in history, as far as two important events that happened on this date. In nineteen seventy seven, West German commanders stormed hijacked Lafonza jetliner on the ground in Mogodi, issues Somalia, freeing all eighty seven hostages and four crew members and killing three of the four hijackers. Yay dead hijackers. October eighteenth, nineteen seventy seven, Reggie Jackson hit three home runs in Game six of the World Series to lead to New York Yankees to an eight to four win and four to two series victory over the Die, earning him the name mister October. It'll be mister November.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 1: Hall of Famer Mike Ditka. Ditka is eighty six today, Composer Howard Shore's seventy nine, actor Joe Morton seventy eight, Author Terry McMillan seventy four, Tennis Hall of Famer Martine navutlova is sixty nine, Boxing Hall of Famer Thomas Hearns is sixty seven, Jean Claude van dam Is sixty five. Wynton Marsalis, what an incredible musician. He's sixty four today. Lindsey Vaughn is forty one. Actor Zach Efron is thirty eight. Britney Griner is a thirty five year old man. And if it's your birthday, I hope it is the best birthday possible and you get to spend it with family and friends, people you love, doing the things you love to do. And that is truly my wish for you, whether in sports, just add as we get you going on this Saturday morning edition on seven hundred WLW forecast today as the as we really get into fall this weekend, clouds build, warming fast, isolated showers, a high up to eighty one. It's the last time we will see eighty degrees or more well for the next foreseeable future next week or so. Heavy rain sets in tonight, isolated storms, a low of fifty eight, showers and storms early Tomorrow, turning cooler and wendy. Sixty seven for the high on Sunday, and showers and storms early Sunday night down to forty two for a low temp. On Monday. Seven hundred WLW Sports William Tomlinson tell me something good that FC Cincinnati ends the regular season hosting Montreal.
Speaker 3: This evening pregame coverage begins at five thirty kick except for six on Fox Sports warts thirteen sixty. High school football coming towards the last final weeks of the season. Got some scores from last night. Owen County fell to Walt In Verona twenty eight to seven. Highlands destroyed Mason County forty two to six, Ryle Top Great Crossing forty six to twenty. Clark Montssory blanked Norwood thirty six to nothing. Wyoming topped Reading forty nine to thirteen. Elder defeated Bishop Chatard twenty eight to seven. Roger Bacon top, Cincinnati Hills Christian twenty one, Excuse Me fell to Cincinnati Hills Christian twenty one to thirty six. Saint Bernard Elmwood Place twenty seven, Miami Valley Christian zero, Bishop Brosser twenty one, Ludlow twenty, LaSalle topped Louisville High School thirty five twenty four. Percell Marion defeated Summit Country Day twenty eight to seven.
Speaker 1: Did you buy your Super Bowl tickets for the Bengals yet?
Speaker 3: I have to be with the people during the Super Bowl, so I'll be watching them in Cincinnati, of course. But if I did have the money I would invest in another. In other words, you'll be watching the Super Bowl along with all the members of the Cincinnati Bengals because they simply won't be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But this hysteria over a nail bier skin of your teeth win at home when you were favored by four and a half points going into the game is utterly ridiculous. There were five point underdogs. Well, okay, regardless, you gotta have faith carry jack if you lose four straight the I have faith. I have faith in Jesus Christ is my Lord, and said your After that and nothing else, I barely have faith in you.
Speaker 3: Not Joe Flacco, no Super Bowl champion, the Super Bowl MVP ten years ago, thirteen years ago.
Speaker 1: I hope he enjoys it. It will be the last time he can say that. Well, the third in the Big twelve. You see Bearcats are on the road. How about it.
Speaker 3: It's still water, Oklahoma, the darkest sky in the United States.
Speaker 1: That game kicks off at eight. Oklahoma State is one in five. You see Auto Cruz in this game.
Speaker 3: You see football. They keep winning out. I know it's a chance for the playoff in a twelve team era.
Speaker 1: I almost have faith in the Bearcats Scott Saderfield.
Speaker 3: Have you seen the stat when he's coaching without Advisor versus with Advisor. If he doesn't wear the visor, he's like eight hundred, and he has Advisor, he's only five hundred.
Speaker 1: World, those are the real Statscry Jeff. It's I mean, is there a DraftKings bet or anything like that on Sadderfield wearing a visor?
Speaker 3: No, but he should know deep down. People on Twitter did a deep dive. Excuse me, x, It's it's on the internet. The builds a facerite for the first time since nineteen seventy eight today against LSU at home.
Speaker 1: They're playing at home. That'll make and it's it's a big bounce back weekend after the bye and after that terrible loss at Alabama. My commodore is and I'm wearing my commodore's sweatshirt this morning, so it's got to bode good, good things for Vandy five forty six and some change seven under WLW. You're listening to news radio seven one hundred wl around the country. I guess they're going on here too. A bunch of directionless people expressing and using their First Amendment right to say nothing. And I applaud them for that. Meanwhile, at Huddles today at six twenty eight Mama Street in Newport, when we opened at eleven am, we'll be having the No Kamis sit in and we'll be we'll be expressing our right to free speech, and I'm inviting you. We were going to burn Zooron Mondani in effigy, but that's too lefty. So instead I'm trying to come up with a cocktail called the Zoron Mandani or also known as the Flaming White Ugandan. So I'm still figuring out what that's going to be. Go to my mixology class before I hit the bar today. But you are invited to the No Kamis sit in. It's not a protest, really, it's just a celebration of America, of red, white and blue. Where your Maga hat, where your red, white and blue shirts. Maybe you've got some flag pants you'd like to sport. But I'm serious about this. I kept on hearing about this no Kings march. I'm going we don't have a king. Donald Trump was elected and it is an anti Trump rally and in essence an anti American rally. So we're gonna have a pro American not rally, but sit in today at because there's college football on and you don't have to you have to imbibe any alcoholic if you don't want to.
Speaker 2: It's all right.
Speaker 1: It says one drink minimum and sign on the wall, but I'll wave it for today if you just want to stop by and celebrate America and celebrate no commis in charge in this country ever, that's what today is all about for me. So just if you can just carve out a little time. You know, you got your Gulf of America T shirt. I've got mine. I think that's what I'm gonna weird today. President Trump on the front with what looks like a tropical drink in his hand. Of course he doesn't drink alcohol, but a festive kind of non alcoholic beverage and a loud shirt that looks really impressive on the press. So the no Commis sit in at Huddles today and you're invited. Dig from Dayton is hanging. We'll get to him in just a moment. Good morning into the first official hour of the Saturday Morning edition for Saturday October eighteenth, twenty twenty five. Gary Jeff Walker by your side, just like a special shout out to Bert and Joe from Hamilton and Clint from North Carolina who showed up at the bar yesterday just to stop by and say lo. They'd been to the Bengals game on Thursday night and they were pretty happy about it, except for Clint, who was a Steelers fan and had to fly home to North Carolina with a loss in his pocket. So great to see you guys, Thanks for coming out. They missed the No Comis sit in by one day. That's today at the Bar, a chance to display your unbridled patriotism for everything that is America and that includes our President Donald Trump. So feel free to join us. Oh look, look who it is. It's Dave from Harrison. Good morning, Dave.
Speaker 4: Scaredy Jazz, Good morning to you. How are you doing today?
Speaker 1: And fine count count chocola. Hey, what do ghosts eat for breakfast? Pancakes?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why did the skeleton eat the steak? He wanted to put a little meat on his bones?
Speaker 4: On the bones?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 1: What? What? Why don't monsters eat ghosts?
Speaker 6: Dave?
Speaker 4: They taste they taste like sheet.
Speaker 1: They taste like sheet. Cheat cheat, cheat cheat, They taste like sheet.
Speaker 4: How do vampires start their letters, hell, come and make concern what tomb it may concern to o MB.
Speaker 1: Tomb it may concern? Okay, I kind of get it. What else you got?
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't the zomb they go to school?
Speaker 1: Why didn't the zombie go to school?
Speaker 2: Dave?
Speaker 4: He felt rock? Which garta death? Garretted death? Which fruit is a vampire's favorite?
Speaker 1: What I read? The read the setup again, Dave, I didn't hear what you understood. I didn't understand what you said.
Speaker 4: Which fruit is a vampire's favorite?
Speaker 1: Which fruit is a vampire's favorite? Dave net Terreenes, I'm sorry. Did you say nectarines? Yes, that's what I thought. Hey, Dave, on another subject, I know you have to do what it says, and I know you're very busy. You've got a big family, your grandpa. But I just wanted to reiterate that we're having the no comedies sit in today at Huddles. So if you can't make it, tell all your friends make some signs. It's going to be a red, white and blue spectacular today. We're expecting millions.
Speaker 2: We'll do.
Speaker 1: We're expecting millions. See what it says, Dave, Hey, Dave, you know what I say you know what I say. I say this.
Speaker 7: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 1: Hell this morning to JC cruised by the bar yesterday, I was telling me his favorite segments on the show. Right up at the top was Steve Frommettna, who God willing, we will hear from with this week's commentary and fifthy phone call around six forty. News of the week you mentioned, Jim Levarvar, the music Professor and the prop will be in here around seven thirty five. And by the way, I will be re airing the Music Professor rock and Roll Archaeology again this coming Tuesday night in the nightcap because someone can't get up early enough to hear it, and it can't be podcast because there's music on it, So we will re air that again on Tuesday night around ten o'clock on the Nightcap anyway. Number three on his list, now, JC, of course is mister Birthday Tuba, who you have heard or heard of. Perhaps Third on his list was this guy old radio Rick Washburn. You made the top three. Rick, congratulations.
Speaker 8: I maybe ill gotten gains. I think he just feels bad because he forgot my birthday last year.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think he truly enjoys your reception reports on Saturday mornings, as do I, as do many other people. You have become a beloved character. How does that feel? I love you too, man, Let's say that I loved you. I just said you become a beloved character. There's nothing personal, and I was just passing along some information that you might find edifying and valuable. I do love you. Yes, you're.
Speaker 8: He He's a great guy. I had actually both of your tuba listeners and the other one knows.
Speaker 2: Who he is.
Speaker 8: And yeah, the film goal is coming along. I promise that's been in the wings for a long time. Who just happened to be coming? As matter of fact, you just for some reason you sound fantastic, I think regardless of radio.
Speaker 1: Well, I know I took my steroids and human growth hormones, and so I'm feeling my oats to say the least ricky we can tell.
Speaker 8: But regardless, you are still coming in. I'm giving you a solid five by five on this. This is a nineteen thirty APEX Model twenty seven Glory Tone manufactured by the US Radio and Television Corporation of Marion, Indiana. It's a five tube TRF and it's a Gothic table model. Yeah, it's kind of like a cathedral, but it's kind of a pinky top and top, A pinky top, a pointy top.
Speaker 1: I thought you said a twinkie top.
Speaker 8: Which means it'll last mine this morning.
Speaker 1: Which means it'll last for one thousand years because twinkies never die anyway, go ahead.
Speaker 8: Actual no actual food value. But uh yeah, let's a t r F its hat at thumb wheel on the on the right side for a tuner rather than a traditional dial and tuning knob, and then then the volume controls right above it. Soe with OCD. It drives me nuts because there's two controls on the right, nothing on the left. And this particular radio somebody has painted a little uh seascape on the front of it, which they're a good artist, but should have left the walnut alone. I think it'll strip off, but that's up to the owner.
Speaker 1: A stascape on a Gothic radio, how interesting.
Speaker 8: In pastel colors?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 8: Well, so going to the catalog, I found two entries which I thought they were at least my amusing. One is written as if it's a newspaper.
Speaker 2: Report.
Speaker 8: It says US Radio and Television Corp. Makes midget set. The US Radio and Television Corporation of Barry in Indiana announces the glory tone as a convenient set for the porch, breakfast nook, or summer cottage. That's oddly specific, do not use in living room and coming in at weighing in at twenty seven pounds, twenty inches tall, fifteen inches wide, and seven inches deep. I'm not sure that midget would be the right term, not that we're actually allowed to say that word.
Speaker 1: How about how about little little radio?
Speaker 2: Right to little radio.
Speaker 8: Don't want to with end it. It's over than nine.
Speaker 1: Don't say midget. For God's sake.
Speaker 8: It makes it really difficult to order parts for your MG. In nineteen thirty, this thing sold for fifty nine dollars fifty cents, which is eleven and fifty dollars today. And uh, this other catalog entry says we sold four thousand sets, had four thousand favorable reviews. I'd stop right there because I sincerely doubt every single radio that sold they were able to get feedback from the buyer just saying yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, anyways, if you could get if you can get like ten out of four thousand, that's pretty good. But four thousand for four thousand, they're they're batting four thousand percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the that's no.
Speaker 8: We sold four thousand sets before we felt justified to say Apex quality Radio apparatus. I kid you not, that's all it says.
Speaker 1: Read that sentence again.
Speaker 8: We sold four thousand sets, had four thousand favorable reviews before we felt justified to say Apex quality Radio apparatus. I guess they didn't know about the quality thing until they got feedback.
Speaker 1: My goodness, who was in charge of their advertising or whoever wrote that?
Speaker 8: It is just the engineers, I swear it must.
Speaker 1: It had to be an engineer. It had to be an engineer.
Speaker 8: Uh oh no, we're paid by the word. We've got to remove the actual statements.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Uh if you'd like to know more about antique radios, or you've got one of those beautiful, beautiful old pieces of furniture that picks up this station, and or maybe it doesn't and you'd like it to uh. Contact Old Radio Rick at Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com.
Speaker 9: Saturday, with heighs near eighty this afternoon, rain and storm chances will move in late tonight into Sunday morning, bringing strong ways and then cooler temperatures into your Sunday as well. Last the week ahead from your severe weather station. I'm nine first one of meteorologists kJ Jacobs. He said, he go seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLW Sport. Well, Liam, the Dodgers are headed back to the World Series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mid October means playoff baseball, the ALCS and the NLCS going on. Well, the n NLCS is now complete thanks to a Dodgers four to oh sweep.
Speaker 1: Otani going yard.
Speaker 3: Again, insane game, three bombs, ten strikeouts. We were talking about the Reggie Jackson game earlier when you were doing on this date in history, Shell. Hezhani may have topped that, but it's not the same not being in the World Series. See what he can do against potentially the Blue Jays or Mariners. Seattle leads that series three to two now thanks to a Mariner six to two win last night. Going into the eighth inning, it was a two to one Blue Jays lead.
Speaker 1: I wonder if anybody knows how to say mister October in Japanese. That would be interesting anyway. Uh the Blue Jays Mariners Mariners one went away from being there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was two to one going into the eighth inning, and the top of the eighth, Randy A. Rosarina robbed a home run to the left field that would have made it three to one, and in the bottom of the inning they tied up with a cal Riley solo shot. He's been on fires, sixty third home runner the year, I believe, and then Uhanio Sworez bases loaded ty game bottom of the eighth hits a grand slam. The Mariners won that game six to two. Who's on fire like a flaming white Ugandan like Zorron Mandani. High school football scorers in the area. Saint Xavier, Ohio defeated sant Ignatius forty one to seven. Cincinnati Country Day topped North College Hill forty six to fourteen. The Coda West defeated Oak Hills thirty eight to six. Finnytown fell to Marrimont twenty eight to seven. Talawanda topped Mount Healthy thirty five to fourteen. Cole Rain fell to Mason thirty eight twenty one. New Miami beat Lockland twenty four to fourteen. Dixie Heights routed Boone County fifty five to nothing. Bishop Watterson forty nine, Northwest twelve. Indian Hill defeated Deer Park forty one to six. Anderson topped Winton Woods thirty seven to thirty. Bishop Fenwick edged out a win over McNicholas sixteen to fourteen. Kings Top Turpin thirty, Kinge twenty six. King's on Top today, Madeira fell to Taylor twenty to nineteen. Princeton blanked Fairfield thirty five to nothing. Lakota East shutout Sycamore thirty eight nothing, Ross Top to Monroe and a barn Burner.
Speaker 1: Nine to nothing.
Speaker 3: Saint Francis edged out a win twenty three to twenty one over Harrison. Saint Francis to Sales Ryan days soon with a bomb late in the game set up a game winning field goal. Campbell County fell to Simon Kenon thirty eight to twenty one. Little Miami defeated Milford forty five to fourteen. Loveland topped West Claremont fifty six to twenty one. Baden on Fire this year defeated Archbishopalter twenty eight to fourteen. Hamilton defeated Middletown fourteen to ten, and Chris to two point zero. Richmond, I hate to tell you New Richmond lost to Batavia forty one to thirty four.
Speaker 1: We got it out of the way. Is there anything else anything?
Speaker 3: Sc Cincinnati ends their regular season hosting Montreal this evening. Pregame coverage begins at five point thirty kick except for six on Fox Sports thirteen sixteen. The way the bracket's looking right now, they can avoid Miami in Philadelphia, who will have to play each other on the other side of the bracket with a win tonight.
Speaker 1: Very good, very good. F's UC football tonight at Oklahoma State. All that action right here, right yep.
Speaker 3: Pregame coverage begins at seven kick except for eight right here on seven hundred WLWY.
Speaker 1: Good morning, gang, Good morning. So I mean you need to check with Darren to see if you guys can have a no commie sit in there to you know, to offset the so called no King's rallies or protests. I'm having a no Kami sit in at Huddles and maybe you guys could do the same at Brookies today. I mean, it's not going to cost you anything. You've got to come up with the flaming white Yugandan because that's in lieu of burning zoon Mom, Donny in effigy, So don't We don't want to do what they do, but we can set some drinks on fire. It'd be fun.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, I think it's no comedy in every day here.
Speaker 1: Well, no, but this is a special Saturday, a special Saturday set aside just for October eighteenth.
Speaker 11: As the no we'll say, Darren's gonna go ahead and do it because he's not here.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, speak for the owner?
Speaker 10: Yeah why not' Well?
Speaker 1: Who is there? I hear you, Doug, I hear you, Sherry? Who else is there? Anybody?
Speaker 2: We are the gang of two today?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the gang of.
Speaker 4: Two mob rule.
Speaker 1: It's a gang of two.
Speaker 5: It was hard time here this morning.
Speaker 1: Oh listen, as long as as long as I've got a lap, you've got to place to set baby, all right, how about that?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: Uh, how how are things on main Street? It sounds kind of quiet this morning. No buzz, no Darren, no Jack. Jack's off and uh it's just you too. What what's what's Matt? No, No, Matt Miller consuming consuming copious amounts of Captain Morgan at six point thirty in the morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, these workadays, So that's out now.
Speaker 1: So is the Queen of Hearts still rolling there in Ripley at Brookies?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah this?
Speaker 11: It was two hundred and twenty thousand on the draw last Wednesday. Well, of course whatever sales will drive that up this week tonight, Ashley. The things will pick up tonight about eight o'clockies and love will be here, love that.
Speaker 1: I love that bands. I've never heard him, but I love that band name. I know that they've played there before, Yes they have.
Speaker 2: I as soon.
Speaker 10: They're still having food.
Speaker 2: The cook's still out of jail. I checked the roster. It's good. So we're all good on that end. And Sherry's got a wonderful report for today.
Speaker 12: Well, the weather's going to be absolutely wonderful today.
Speaker 5: I think it's in the eighties. And then tomorrow is a Debbie downer. I think you know, it's going to rain, and I could cool be more like fall, which is going to be not good.
Speaker 1: But well, I'm looking to be here isolated showers and storms after six o'clock in Cincinnati today and then yeah, the rain tomorrow. So get out today for gosh sakes. The No Kami sit in at Brookies and Ripley, the Ohio Not protest, and the No Kami sit in at Huddles today on the Kentucky side of the river. Sherry, get busy making signs because we don't have any rich donors like the No Kings people who have pre printed signs, so people think it's a grassroots movement. No, these are all paid protesters. By the way. We'll have to see if we can get paid to stage our No Comis sit in. That'd be nice. Actually, I'll be working, so I will be getting paid for my part.
Speaker 4: There you go, there you go.
Speaker 5: And you know I got a report on the weather Rock. This is a flash news story.
Speaker 4: The weather Rock is under the weather.
Speaker 1: That was a flash news story. You know, Day from Harrison. Day from Harrison has a disclaimer. I think I'm going to get you a disclaimer to Sherry oh okay, so people know that I had no part in that attempted humor. All right, folks, have a great day. No commie sitting at Brookies and Ripley today they're on Main Street and one at Huddles on Mama Street in Newport. End of story. Steve from at Ohio with his pithyphone called news of the week in his commentary coming up court Justice number one. Who doesn't know what women are and who thinks that if you're black you're disabled? Oh thank you, Joe Biden six forty four On a Saturday morning, Gary Jeff with our old friend Steve from at no Ohio and his commentary a pithyphone call news of the week now on seven hundred WLW. Good morning, Stephen, Good morning Gary Jeff.
Speaker 13: Last week I wondered out loud at the timing of Newton Minno's Vast Wasteland speech in nineteen sixty one, The Trash the State of American TV. The fifties had actually featured some truly high brow TV programs that were very popular with the general public. Two of them were Down You Go and The Last Word. Hosting both was Bergen Evans born in Franklin, in Warren Countysto, a little bit outside Cincinnati. Evans born in nineteen oh four to a fourth generation physician and his wife, was a precocious lad who entered Miami of Ohio at age fifteen, where he got his bachelor's degree, eventually getting a PhD at Northwestern, where he later taught. He was also a Rhodes scholar who mixed instruction with a great sense of humor. Down You Go, A word game with four celebrity panelists mixing wit and intelligence, aired six years in nineteen fifties prime time. Bergen. Evans was also one of the writers of the questions for the highly popular The sixty four thousand Dollars Question. He wrote books including I Love this title, The Natural History of Nonsense, and left us with this quote, Listen carefully. There is no necessary connection between the desire to lead and the ability to lead, and even less the ability to lead. Somewhere that will be to the advantage of the lead whoa rest in peace, Professor Evans.
Speaker 6: Now, some of you have.
Speaker 13: Emailed me saying, Steve O, we need a story that mentions Iowa, Louisville, Cincinnati, and Indianapolis. Can you do that well?
Speaker 6: I think I can.
Speaker 13: Sister Jeane Delores Schmidt, longtime team chaplain of the Loyola Chicago Ramblers, died recently at the tender age of one hundred and six. She became an international celebrity during Loyola's twenty eighteen Final four run in the NCAA Tournament.
Speaker 8: Oh I remember, Oh yeah.
Speaker 13: One of her many duties was collecting stats on opposing teams for the Loyola coaching staff. Her first job as a nun was starting a multi sport athletic program for girls at a North Hollywood Catholic school. Born in San Francisco in nineteen nineteen, she joined the convent in nineteen thirty seven in Dubuque, Iowa. Sister Gene eventually wound up at Loyola when it merged with a local women's college where she had been assigned. One of her last trips with the Ramblers was to Indianapolis in twenty twenty one, where Loyola upset Illinois in March Madness. Old time basketball fans like yours truly remember that Loyola won the nineteen sixty three tournament in Louisville, upsetting our Cincinnati Bearcats sixty to fifty eight. In overtime, the Ramblers star was all American Jerry Harkness, who later was a sports reporter on Indianapolis TV. I'm looking forward to a tribute to sister Jean Schmidt, super fan at the twenty twenty six March Madness. After all, she had that great wit and a twinkle in her eye that reporters call great copy. Rip Sister Jeane doing God's work in a ninety four foot church. Talk to you next week, Gary Jeff, Thank.
Speaker 1: You, Steve, great great memories. Ray from Loveland standing by. We'll we'll get an update and reiterate the special day that we're having. If you love America more in a moment, It's six forty nine at seven hundred WS. Horning to you, Gary Jeff on the Saturday Morning edition. It's October eighteenth. Hello Christ to two point zero, Hello Frankie, and hello to my friend, brother Ray Scott. Good morning, brother Ray.
Speaker 4: How are you? Gary Jeff Walker, my friend?
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 14: You know I love the way you start to show off on more just kicking the doors in Man with little China grow.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: You know what I love most about that is that I put on my DJ puke voice, which my wife absolutely loves odes when it's time to fire up some doobies. And she was she was late to hear it too, so I'm sure she cringed.
Speaker 14: And more in Christian Okay, so this, uh, this no comedies. I mean, nothing's more scary than communism. And so you're you're celebrating the.
Speaker 15: Red, white and boo yes today.
Speaker 14: And this, I would say, this is the true essence of a peaceful protest at Huddles.
Speaker 2: It would seem to me, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean half the people that are there will probably be anesthetized in some fashion after after the first half hours.
Speaker 14: So so yes, you know a couple of things that hit me and I'm curious your thoughts.
Speaker 2: Scary Jeff.
Speaker 14: You know one of the headlines a couple of days ago in the insanity that is uh double speak in America, which has been around a long time. And and and I was reminded of Russell Limbar, you know, being accused of many many things in one of the racists. Yet he puts Walter Williams on his show to host this show for him. Walter Williams, who would always use the phrase as you'll recall Black by popular demand.
Speaker 1: And he was a brilliant man.
Speaker 16: Love that guy.
Speaker 14: I mean, anybody, I invite anybody to go to YouTube and just watch five minutes listen to this man. He was just tremendous.
Speaker 2: And he actually responded to an email to me one time.
Speaker 14: I think I still have it somewhere and I should put that in a frame. But you know, the double speak the senator this week, I think it was Senator Coons said that, you know, just because subsidies are needed to make the affordable healthcare affordable doesn't mean it's a failure. I mean, could you break that down, Gary Jee, I'm I'm swimming on that one. And maybe we could have a debate, you know, pro and con on that maybe versus these no king sayings. They could we could establish a civil debate, you know, back and forth. How could we can you please explain that to me?
Speaker 1: I there is no explanation for again, as you say, double speak or the word salads that consistently come out of people like Kamala Harris's mouth, or the people on the left who are trying to explain their insanity. Here's a here's a famous Walter Williams quote. I dug a few up. Since you intoned his his his name. But let me offer you my definition of social justice. I keep what I earn and you keep what you earn. Do you disagree, well, then tell me how much of what I earn belongs to you? And why? Here here's another one. This is something that these kids who were all down on capitalism should hear, and it should be reiterated at every possible point in the re education of our next generation. Walter Williams said, prior to capitalism, the way people amassed great wealth was by looting, plundering, and enslaving their fellow man. Capitalism made it possible to become wealthy by serving your fellow man. And here's something else, Ray, you opened up this hornet's nest, so I'm going to dive right in with one more. If you don't mind, this is your time. Do you mind?
Speaker 14: It's all yours, brother, And I'm hoping that your governor weighs sales tax today.
Speaker 1: With your common Okay, one more from Walter Williams, since you brought him up. How does something immoral when done privately become moral when it is done collectively? Furthermore, does legality establish morality. Slavery was legal, apartheid is Stalinists, Nazi and Maoist group's purges were legal. Clearly, the fact of legality does not justify these crimes. Legality alone cannot be the talisman of moral people. Amen. Can I get an?
Speaker 2: Amen? Amen? And Amen?
Speaker 14: And God bless him and his memory, and God bless all of the future. Walter Williams in the greatest country on God's green Earth, America. Just you can smell the freedom, folks, and it's We're not perfect, but we're working on it. God bless your brother.
Speaker 1: Thanks Ray. Always good to hear from my friends, brother Scott. With that Steve Schulte coming up right after the news at seven o'clock. Tom davis diary is on the way. I'm gonna poke Dave Hatters Nests see if he's around and got anything for us. And of course rock and roll archaeology at the bottom of next hour around seven thirty five with the music professor Jim Lebarbara. I can't wait. It's getting better and better and better. Into another hour of the Saturday morning edition. For this Saturday October eighteenth, twenty twenty five. GJ. Dubbs doing the dough. It's a zero sugardoo type two diabetic and all that. I want to give a big shout out to Steve in Indiana and his granddaughter, his grandchild who was born.
Speaker 2: Back in.
Speaker 1: Back, I guess in late August, and immediately there were some issues. And I hope he doesn't mind me talking about this, but she had to go into surgery at ten o'clock at Children's Hospital to repair her esophagus, which was in two pieces and one of which was attached to her airway. I mean, not good little thing. Precious little angel had surgery and this morning at five point thirty I got this text with a picture of her. Gosh, he's a little angel doing great, big thanks to Children's Hospital in Cincinnati. I text him back praise God. As soon as he sent me the original text about her having to go into surgery, I set about praying and kind of put them on a prayer chain back then. And apparently, thanks to the fine folks at Children's Hospital and the work of the hand of God, she's doing great. So very happy to hear that. Steve Stephen Indiana to another Steve, Steve Shilty, our environmental engineer extraordinaire, a climate report. You said, you just text me and you said you have a signed book and photo from Walter E. Williams. We were just talking about him before the top of the hour. And one time you even picked him up from CBG and took him to a hotel. How that? How'd that happened?
Speaker 10: Oh, Gary, Jeff, We'd have to talk about about half an hour to do that. But alls I can say, alls I can say. At one time Walter Williams called me that libertarian in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: I had the.
Speaker 10: Pleasure of probably meeting with him and different activities and events whatnot about six times. So super guy.
Speaker 1: This morning we are talking about a medical Journey journal being guilty of climate fear mongering. Tell me about that, Steve.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And that's just as a good example how thoroughly thoroughly addicted so many people are, oh pm at the other people's money, folks.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: The Journal of the American Medical Goal Association has released another junk science research report, and you may I've heard it. I heard this last week, claiming that use of inhalers by sufferers of lung disease like asthma COPD contributes to man made warming and looming planetary dooms.
Speaker 2: I heard that state. Yeah.
Speaker 10: The report states that the health, comfort and welfare of these patients concerned are basically, uh, you know, have to be brushed aside because of the very tiny amount warrant on warming that occur.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 10: And the reason is is that these inhalers contain a propellant called hydro floral alkane that is a greenhouse gas. This it comes from the CO two Coalition C two Coalition dot org.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 10: They recently released or report the documents how much warming can be expected from the use of decent hailers.
Speaker 2: Gary jeff In The.
Speaker 10: Amount of warming over fifty years half the century is zero point zero two degrees fahrenheit.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, make them make the planet boil. Zero point zero two Oh my gosh.
Speaker 10: That's that's two to one hundredths of a degree fahrenheit for those in vetus. So obviously, with this conclusion, I think those users have been hailer should should breathe free, no pun intended.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 10: And obviously the needs of patients, rather than preventing some non existent climate crisis, should prevail.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So the other issue on the docket this morning was a big no no to the UN global carbon tax, which would have been absolutely disastrous for US.
Speaker 10: Well, it's still up in the air. This comes from c fact dot org. That's the letter c fact dot org. This is from yes October fifteenth, Wednesday. Again another opm addiction story. The UN wants to raise the price of everything by collecting a carbon tax on shipping. Obviously the US is working to stop it. It's the International Maritime Organization is another UN bureaucracy, is about to vote on a quote net zero framework quotes quote which will take the form of a tax tape by shippers into a gigantic UN climate slush fund. And I call it a slush fund, and so does C fact because everything Gary Jeff, everything nowadays is somehow negatively impacted by the clear by the climate geermongers, literally everything, and we just had to exist exist. The story on the inhalers, so you went New York rights would this would mean that their long held lust will come true because right now they get money from grants from member nations. Now they just passes, they could levy taxes on the world.
Speaker 1: I have I have an idea. I have an idea with that it's time to disband the U n kick them out of our country, send the diplomats home, blow up the buildings, or turn them into quote affordable housing. And and uh, I would say it's time to eliminate the United Nations. They do nothing but promote global which of course leads to a form of communism. And I think that the time for the UN is over. What do you think.
Speaker 10: I felt that many decades ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, it's time to act on it now, President Trump.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Steve seven to twelve at seven hundred WLW bye. Just a couple of weeks away. And Dave Hatter is getting into the spirit of the season for the story on ghost tapping, whatever that is. We're about to find out. Good morning, mister Hatter. How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good, Gary jee.
Speaker 6: I've got a little bit of a cold, so I kind of got my very white voice going this morning.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, but we like it. It's sexy.
Speaker 2: Go ahead. I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Ghost tapping.
Speaker 6: So this is a it's an old concept with a new name, and basically it's about near too communication and the tips on your Craig cards. And you know, generally I would tell people you're safer if you tap a.
Speaker 2: Card rather than swipe a card because of skimmers.
Speaker 6: I think we've talked about that before, but now the bad guys have figured out that they can just get real close to you, especially in a crowd, and steal your credit card. It's kind of like the modern version of pickpocketing right now. I don't need to actually steal your wallet. I can just get close to you with a near field communication NFC based skimmer and steal your credit card.
Speaker 2: Isn't that nice?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: I mean you want you want to make sure and how close do they.
Speaker 6: Have to be?
Speaker 2: Pretty close? I mean, think about it.
Speaker 6: If you've ever used the tab feature on a credit card, you know you typically have to be within a few you know, probably less than the end or a few millimmes away from the device itself or actually touch it. So you got to get pretty close. And you know the defense and I you know, the nerd in me loves this is to get an RFID blocking wallet, or like a Faraday cage bag. The Faraday cage bags are great because you can stick your phone or something in there and it basically just shuts it off completely. But yeah, they make wallets and purses especially for this purpose, so that once once your cards are inside it, they can't be read. And then you just need to be cautious. You know, if you pull up to a gas pump and it looks like it might have been tampered with, don't tap or swipe on it. Find it of a gas pump, because sadly, bad guys are always looking for ways to scam a scared Yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I tapped to pay this morning on my way in, but there was no one around so and it looked like it was an uncompromised pad on the gas pump.
Speaker 6: So I guess my point is I would just encourage people take a very hard look at the device before you tap. I still think it's safer to tap simply because it's harder to put a skimmer on those things, generally speaking than the kind that would go inside the swipe.
Speaker 2: So I'm still still more.
Speaker 6: Of the tap fan, but you should always look and make sure it doesn't look like it's been tamper with it anyway, And then keep in mind that if you're walking around, especially in a crowd like let's say riverfest or something, Yeah, people might be trying to get close to you and steal your credit card. It's a good idea to get an RFID blocking wallet or bag.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic, great advice, Dave feel better? All right, man, Thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: I have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Hey you two. Time for the Tom Davis Diaries. I like to call these the.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: It's our friend Tom Davis back with weird, wacky, wild stories from around the world and around the country.
Speaker 17: Here is your correspondent. Now, Good morning, Gary, Jeff. This week, wait, I thought you were blind. But first, a Florida woman was in a panic after she came out of the gas station to find her car stolen. And what's worse, her one year old was inside the car. Luckily for this lax of days ago mon, this thief had a conscience. He brought the car back and the kid back, and he did it knowing that he was going to be arrested. He faces charges of grand theft and kidnapping, which I'm pretty sure a good attorney could probably get dropped.
Speaker 1: That kidnapping part. I mean, he brought the car back.
Speaker 17: Speaking of babies, there's a mystery going on in a small town in Ontario, Canada. Someone's leaving dirty diapers in public places. The locals are tired of the smell and the mess, but so far police have no suspects. Concerned citizens are asking the public to be on the lookout for these poopy diaper deposits. Police in California busted a guy with a hand drawn license plate. He claimed that it resembles his actual license plate that he lost, but the cops weren't having it. They posted a picture of his artwork along with a lengthy diatribe about how it's wrong and they're in charge and they have our freedoms and how it's useless to resist or something like that. They say, if you lose your plate, just go get another one. And finally, a seventy year old man from Italy it was just busted for pretending to be blind for fifty three years. For decades, he claimed that he couldn't work because of his situation and that allowed him to collect disability payments. So far, he's collected one point one six million dollars. The private eyes caught him gardening, shopping, and counting out money. I guess he didn't see that one coming. Next week, big crowd expected for the Texas Bigfoot Conference today into.
Speaker 1: Yet another hour of this Saturday morning edition. On this Saturday, October eighteenth, twenty twenty five, how do you You're a Jeff with you? And it's our counter to what's being called the No Kings rallies, which are being paid for primarily by people like George Soros, paid protesters, real grassroots stuff. It is the no Commies sit in today at huddles where I'll be at tending bar, slinging drinks for Hillbillies and others and patriots from all over the Try State. Wear your red, white and blue, Wear your Maga hat if you've got one. I'm gonna wear my Gulf of America t shirt that the Pisqually brother Rick brought me back from Florida. But anyway, it's kind of and it's not a protest. We're not gonna tear anything up. We're not gonna If you want to sing a song, okay, but no off key singing by senior citizen hippies at this just a time to enjoy each other and revel in the fact that we live in the best country on the face of the earth ever the no Kamis sit in. Speaking of the bar, I was talking about people have favorites that appear every Saturday morning on this show. And one of the things I hear all the time from people is like, and I heard it this past week. I like that astrology guy. I said, I really don't have an astrologer on this ship. You mean you're talking about astronomy science Mike. He goes, Yeah, that's that's him, science Mike. Well, here he is not an astrology guy. I don't think ask him what his sign is a science man.
Speaker 7: As a scientists advising his now binding.
Speaker 1: Me with Mike, what's your sign?
Speaker 2: Rgo? Maybe I do some palm rating occasionally, but.
Speaker 1: I'm always I'm always reticent to read anybody's palm because I don't know where that palm's been.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. That's a kind kind of a weird squiggly line there it is. But I listened to schip Hark this morning. Yeah, and so do I understand it? They rely releasing in honor of the No Kings Day. Are they actually releasing fourteen thousand peasants into the into the state Ohio.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they did. If they did, I would declare it. I would declare its open season on peasants. I love, I love he said, I love wild peasants.
Speaker 2: He said peasants. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Did he say peasants or pheasants?
Speaker 2: I think he said After I started thinking about it, Gary Jeff, I think he said pheasants. Me. You released the peasants, Release the peasants. Where you get fourteen thousand peasants?
Speaker 1: I love it? So what's going on?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: Right? Scientist Gary Jeff? Need your need your toenails?
Speaker 1: Okay, they can have mine, Believe me, I.
Speaker 2: Gotta find them a sitting around the bathroom all over. But seriously, that lung cancer, okay, lung cancer. Two fists of all lung cancer occurrences are not smoking related. They're actually related to to inhaling of right on, right on gas. Now, the problem is is you know, you give your history when you go for for lung cancer screening for testing, and they you know you're they give you, you give your smoking history, and uh if you say you've been smoking your whole life and obviously your screen to to go get the lung cancer test and everything like that, but you say you can't you can't really validate say, well, I don't know about radon, But now when you inhale radon, it changes, it decays into the lead isotope and in your body. So and then the lead isotope actually gets put into your your tissues that that that shed slowly over time, your hair, your scan and your toenails. So what they're doing this is up in Canada in order to get a better understanding of rate on exposure and the lead isotope. They are actually going to do a large study and they're trying to get ten thousand people to donate their toenails so they can do uh spectromedy studies on spechometer studies on your toenails to see to check on the lead content and of your actually your health history for having lung cancer. So it is it is a serious thing. And uh you know, you see all these homes, A lot of these homes have the have the rate on uh to coming out of the basement just to get to mix, get the air out.
Speaker 1: That's have one have one in our house?
Speaker 2: Do you really? Yeah? Oh well, I mean I've been thinking about reading this article. I think I'm gonna try to get a U. You can buy the test on online. You get to actually check.
Speaker 1: Your rate on level if led to later on is a real problem. I'm screwed because I remember eating paint chips as a child.
Speaker 2: Well, Tenner, Tonyill, let's see what's going on, all right.
Speaker 1: I will thank you so much, Mike, take care, Rick Green and what is this? John John? Good morning? Good morning?
Speaker 2: How you doing good?
Speaker 1: Doing fine? You have a you have a quick aside?
Speaker 4: John?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 16: I was listened to your program this morning until until the radio station here in Maryland seven hundred am drownded you completely out and get a load of this.
Speaker 2: Guary, Jeff.
Speaker 16: That radio station is in Walkersville, Maryland. Walkers Walkersville is where it's located in central Maryland. So I just forgre to let you know, you know, the useless trivia. But anyway, I like to listen to you guys as much as possible. I listened to you guys Monday through Friday. I was first exposed to Mike McConnell in the.
Speaker 8: Morning, right and driving to work.
Speaker 16: I live in Bowie, Maryland, which is halfway between DC and Annapolis. So I drive from Bowie to Silver Spring and listen, listen to Mike McConnell. And then the new guy took over because Mike wanted to retire. So anyway, I was listening to you this morning at Clear's Bell, Clere's Bell. But you know this station interfered in Maryland. Can I totally drowned you guys out? I mean I know about I know about iHeartRadio.
Speaker 6: So you can I can carry on.
Speaker 2: We can?
Speaker 1: You can? You can stream us anywhere, John, regardless of that, Yes, regardless of that. That's for tender in Walkersville, Maryland. John, Thanks for checking in and thanks for listening.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, all right, take care, all right, brother Rick, brother Rick, good morning. How are you, sir?
Speaker 2: Good morning Gary. I'm off I have a pass it today.
Speaker 8: Gary.
Speaker 15: I hope when I read it I tat to rate everyone hawk mind. And so in this First Corinthians, chapter thirteen, verse four, it says love is patient, love is kind, It does not envy, it does not both, it is not plowd.
Speaker 2: Can we all just take that?
Speaker 1: Dy and Gary, I've got to tell you that whole passage from First Corinthians was on a wall, oddly enough, in the bathroom at my mom and dad's house. And I remember every time I go into the bathroom, I would read that the whole thing about what love is. And people are often confused about what love is. But that is what real love is, and it's described in the New Testament in First Corinthians. What chapter is that again, Rick?
Speaker 15: Its First Corinthia, Chapter thirteen, verse four. Yeah, but you know what I mean, the only description of love that we need.
Speaker 2: That's it. There's no other one.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's it's perfect. And thanks for sharing that again. That that is one of my favorite verses in the entire Bible.
Speaker 2: I love again.
Speaker 15: When I read it this morning, it just humbled me in a quanity and I sat there and I just meditated on it.
Speaker 1: I couldn't move.
Speaker 2: It just hit me on the inside.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, people think that love is of the physical, and we do show love in the physical, but love is spiritual, real love, God's love is all the things that are described in that particular passage in First Corinthians. Thanks man, thanks so much for sharing that. Oh yeah, you just made it so And now that we've been last, let's go to that Teresa. Good morning, that Teresa.
Speaker 2: How are we.
Speaker 16: Greeting?
Speaker 4: And salutations?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I'm the anti blest.
Speaker 1: I didn't say that.
Speaker 4: Now. I love that burst so much.
Speaker 5: Good morning, lovely Christmasy.
Speaker 12: We know squeak, sneak, Frankie the wonder kind of extraordinaire. We had to finish old business last week, you said, and you had to excuse my, uh, the way that I'm talking.
Speaker 5: I had oral surgery on Monday, and that can't prevent me from talking.
Speaker 4: I digress.
Speaker 5: Last week's word was, oh God, I can't say it, this stitude, this sinstitude. You said, oh, thank you. I should have had her use it in a sentence. Yes, and so my sentence is Kamala Harris's visit. The sinstitude was more than parent on the November fifth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 10: Anyway, okay, is to.
Speaker 5: Admit if we forgot, it's usually an unwelcome change of fourteen or circumstances. And today you said, oh why everybody, you said, mister October and Japanese masukabah, there you go, and.
Speaker 4: Masukatoba that is show tom.
Speaker 1: He's obviously mister October. But in Japanese say it, say it once one more time, one more time.
Speaker 5: Masuka oh gutoba oka Toba, so it would be quickly, could do ocause I say I can't do it?
Speaker 10: Next next next the word of the day.
Speaker 4: The word of the day.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, thank you God for getting me through this is yeah, here we go.
Speaker 18: Predilection preference or special liking for something by in favor of something in a sentence. I have a predilection for the Saturday Morning cast of characters.
Speaker 8: Love you all, good day, God bliss, thanks that.
Speaker 1: Teresa strikes again. It's eight twenty one at seven underdu on the Saturday Morning edition, trying to reach Moe Egger. He is not available yet, but Liam will continue. Oh there he is. No looks like we had him for a second, Liam, we did not. Okay, Well, please continue to try. I mean, that's all you can do.
Speaker 2: Liam.
Speaker 1: You were talking earlier about how people anymore don't have any kind of work ethic or ethic at all when it comes to doing a job. They feel entitled. You don't feel that way. So continue to labor laboriously and trying to reach Moe. And this is odd too, I know. Is Liam tells me he's with Bearcats in Stillwater, Oklahoma for the game against Oklahoma State tonight, and they apparently got in late, so you'd never know. Is there cell service in Stillwater, Oklahoma? That's the question. But I told Mo and that this is ironic that he's not picking up because I look forward to our conversations and I know a lot of people do about sports. This was Tuesday. I text him. I said, I can't express enough how much I appreciate your contributions on Saturday mornings. It's become an institution on my show. I'm so thankful that you're willing to do it. Thank you. He didn't respond at first, but he got back. Hey Man was doing bedtime last night when you sent this, and it just occurred to me that I didn't get back. I've come over the years to very much looking forward to Saturdays at eight thirty eight. Always a fun conversation and it keeps me on my toes. Apparently Mo is not on his feet this morning. Not on his toes. It's okay. I thought maybe he was attending a No King's rally like Liam was threatening to do last weekend, which, by the way, mister Birthday Tuba said, Liam, he really enjoys hearing you on the air, but he didn't realize that you were a Marxist piece of you know what, because you said you were going to the No Kings rallies. I think Liam was somewhat tongue in cheek at that point. Still no Mo. There's a big No King's rally in Los Angeles among Southern California's who simply hate professional hockey because either the LA Kings and all that. Well, what do you think after the Bengals winning a game after forced rate losses, Joe Flacco two games into his Bengals career, looking like the veteran quarterback here the confident calm and Jamar Chase and others noted the calmness of Joe Flacco in the huddle no matter what was going on on Thursday night at the game at pay Corps. And I have a friend who bartends at the same bar I do there in Newport who was working during the game and said, yep, last night, after the game, somebody actually said they were going to get their Super Bowl tickets for the Bengals. Not so fast, my friends three and four. As you can tell, I had nothing prepared for this. I something prepared for MO, but nothing else. I will reiterate the Nokamis sit in today at huddle. If you'd like to come by, we'll take a break and come back and finish the show. Mike Allen is waiting in the wings and cannot wait much longer to start spewing. It's the pre spew with the counselor coming up in just a few It's eight forty four. It's seven under WLW in the middle of Oklahoma, Liam Tomlinson, he just told me I don't know why I didn't say this earlier. Was at the game on I didn't know you were a season ticket holder. You got duped into that, Liam, Well, my dad got duped into it. Oh, your dad? Okay, Well we did it.
Speaker 3: It's like our thing, kind of like Christmas present every year go to the games and something we bond over was was this the first game you've go into this year or had you been before? We were at the Jacksonville game and that was a stunner game to be at. When Jake Browning comes in and leads that miraculous comeback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's hopefully not going to be needed the rest of the season. So both games you've been to have been Bengals wins, so it may be required that you go on the road with the Orange and Black. They've got two more home games coming up before the bye. So yeah, next week the Ring of Honor game honoring Dave Lapham. How about that? And Lapp deserves all the kudos he can get. I I love hearing Dave Lapham on the call. I know there's some criticisms about how he's not a textbook color commentator because he'll kind of interrupt the play by play guy with his emotion. But I love feeling that emotion through the radio. The best part about Dave Lapham is after a Bengals loss and he goes into the locker room and he's tucking in the hushed voison when we're here in the Bengals locker room and nobody wants to really talk. And I don't blame him because he was there. I mean, you played the game. But he's always very very solemn after a Bengals loss.
Speaker 3: And a quick note, the Bengals lost to the Lions at home, so I am not that big of a lucky charm. Sadly, Oh, you didn't say that you went to the Lions game.
Speaker 1: Do you go to all games? Every home games? Easn't tickets. I don't miss a home game. Okay, all right, so what was a vibe light? It seemed very very raucous on television as far as the crowd and there there seemed to be less Pittsburgh fans than there usually are for a Steelers game, no matter where they play. Did you encounter a lot of Steelers fans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's always a solid amount of Pittsburgh fans, but compared to the Lions game, the Lions took over the stadium, it felt like, but Pittsburgh, there was always going to be some Pittsburgh fans, but it wasn't that dramatic.
Speaker 1: In years past, it's like half and half Bengals and Steelers fans for the Steelers game here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was sitting in the uppers usually me and my dad's in the bowl, and it was like such a different vibe. Usually in the lowers. You think people would sit down there. Know, everyone stands the whole game up top. Everyone was kind of hating on me for trying to stand up getting hype. You know, I'd get into the game. I'm passionate. We call fans short for fanatics. You know, you're getting up, you're chilling, you're cheering, you're screaming. And I took a group of kids from the club and that was their first NFL game ever. I'm like, don't get too excited. It's not always like this. You don't get always this thriller of a game. And they thought we won with three minutes left and I'm like, just wait, You've not been a Bengals fan like that yet. And Aaron Rodgers immediately goes and leads them down the field.
Speaker 1: See what interested me in retrospect, Liam is that the Bengals won this game the way people expected them to win games this season. With a healthy Joe Burrow, They're going to have to score a lot of points because that defense is porous, and it was better with the takeaways than it has been another games this season. But Pilon on the points, the way Joe Flanco was able to do with an incredible, I mean a Jamar Chase record setting performance for a single game receptions. You know, he set the new record for the Bengals with sixteen receptions in this game. And the fact that the running game averaged six yards to carry they had not been able to do. They were averaging two point seven last in the NFL before that game on Thursday night. That there were all kinds of things that fell into place that had to for the outcome to be what it was, but it was still by the skin of their teeth Nao Bider. At the very end, seven seconds left McPherson field goal to win the game. So I wouldn't be buying your Super Bowl tickets yet. Well, that's the thing about the play action pass.
Speaker 3: The run opened up the play action pass open those little dump passes. Then you get ten yards off of those and you just haven't been able to see that. So it just opens up the playbook significantly more. And you see Joe Flacco being able to control the offense, and they run a little bit of a different offense with Flacco and then with Burrow, And I think this will be good for Joe Burrow seeing Flacco play flaccos from that twenty ten era of quarterbacks. I don't think quarterbacks have talent now, but it's a different game in a way. Those two thousand quarterbacks will sling the pill a little bit. Joe Flacco is not scared to throw an interception. It feels like Burrow, with all the injuries had, he plays a little bit timid at times, and he's scared to make some of the throws.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you get you're gonna throw interceptions. That's part of the game, right. Well, I mean and Aaron Rodgers did obviously in the game. But Flacco, just that presence, that calm presence in the huddle meant the world. You also are a UK fan, which I ignore just because I count on you to do things here on Saturday morning, so I overlook the fact that you're a Wildcat fan. The basketball team is spending the money because they are the money maker on the campus there in Lexington and all over the Commonwealth. How much money are the Wildcats basketball team spending on players? See take it with a grain of salt.
Speaker 3: In the nil era, you don't know how much is true, but the reports are that Kentucky is spending the most money on the NL basketball roster at twenty two million dollars.
Speaker 1: Twenty two million dollars. The expectation every year as a Kentucky fan is to win the national title.
Speaker 3: That's what happens when you're a Blue Bud. But now the pressure's mounting a lot more to win a national title.
Speaker 1: Well, UK UK basketball fans are just like Ohio State football fans. They think it's their birthright as a fan of that team. To win a national championship, and I'm sorry, you're not gonna do it every year, but you never know. This might be Mark Pope's year.
Speaker 3: Mark Pope, the energy he brings, the way he talks about the game is just different. Cal I love Coach Cayle growing up. I'm with that cal Lera. I love that used car salesman vibe. You know, he talks, he talks a big game and he and he does it. He gets things done. But Mark Pope's just he went to med school and he dropped out to coach. I mean, that's a x'es and o's guy, and he talks about the game and he doesn't.
Speaker 1: There's a thing with Coach Kyle.
Speaker 3: Towards the end, he tried to call fans basketball Benny's acting like they didn't know the game. But they did a free event last week, Big Blue Madness, and Coach Mark Pope sitting there breaking down the plays for the fans for thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: I'm sure most of the fans it went over their heads.
Speaker 3: But he's going down into the concepts of how to run these plays and what they're doing when they're taking off and go on the inbounds on a rebounds on inbounds plays and that's just a really.
Speaker 1: Cool thing to hear from a coach.
Speaker 3: Mark Pope, I mean, he played on that national championship team under Patino, So it feels like that nineties culture is coming back. It's almost full circle. And no offense to coach Kyle Perry. It felt like him. It was him, him, him. He's kind of doing this, but it's a The brand's bigger than just one person at Kentucky. So it just feels like a drastic different energy with the team and it's fun. Basketball has been kind of bad last year.
Speaker 1: This is becoming Liam's audition for Kentucky Sports Radio for KSR. I know that you emulate those people. Let's let's go to UC basketball. I know you're UK fan, but this is the home of Uce Bearcat football and basketball. They're playing a night in still Water. The basketball team had a preseason practice scrimmage whatever against the seventh ranked Michigan Wolverines. And what was the outcome of that?
Speaker 3: So these basketball scrimmages used to be secrets, but in the Anile era it's not the same anymore. They use them to raise money for their nil. But they traveled to face number seven Michigan.
Speaker 1: In ann Arbor. Oh in ann Arbor. Yeah, on the road. Turns out they won one hundred to ninety eight. Oh so it was another nail bier. But I mean that pretends good things perhaps for the Bearcats basketball season, and I'm sure Moe will give us an in depth update as we get closer to the actual season if we ever find mo.
Speaker 3: The darkest sky in the world still water, so it's like blackout curtains everywhere. It's probably out coal. All right, Layam, thanks for help and past the time. It's good to talk to you always. Now get off my get off my phone. I got to talk to Mike Allan counselor what's going on?
Speaker 19: Same old stuff, Gary, Jeff, how about you?
Speaker 1: Well, you know we're having the no Kami sit in today at Huddles. I just heard that, and I'm inviting people to wear their red, white and blue. There'll be no marching or singing. Okay, there may be some drinking, but it's not required. You can bring your MAGA gear. I'm gonna wear my Gulf of America T shirt that a friend of mine brought me. Sounds great, and I'm coming up trying to come up with a symbolic drink of the day to strike out against Democrats, socialists and communists since it is a no Kami sit in, right, And I've thought about burning zoron Mom Donnie in effigy, but I said, no, that's what the left does. That's that's violent, there's fire involved. I don't need that, now you don't. So I'm coming up with a cocktail called the Flaming White Ugandan. We will symbolically set Zoronmandami on fire and then drink him.
Speaker 19: I think, I think that's a marvelous idea. It really is, and probably no one in the country will be doing that today, so go for it. Man.
Speaker 1: Well, and I have my counterparts that Brookies, who of course are in the show at six thirty five every Saturday morning, Darren Ripley. They're going to have their own no Kami sit in on that side of the river. So we have two bastions of liberty, freedom and loving America.
Speaker 19: What's on the show today, Well, we're going to talk about a lot of things, but we're going to talk about the Gaza ceasefire and the left's response to it. You know, you would think Trump would get some credit for it, and there are a couple people on the left that have congratulated, and we're going to talk about that. Also, going to talk about Antifa. Janis Heisel of the Epoch Times did a really deep dive into antifa. We're going to talk to her about that. Going to talk local politics with Christopher Smitheman, and we're going to talk national politics with independent political analyst Kevin Burton.
Speaker 1: So Janet Heizel did an in depth thing on antifa, deep dive she did. Jimmy Kimmel thinks that they don't exist. He said that what is this and Antifa doesn't exist.
Speaker 19: They're a little sketchy, but they definitely exist, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: I've seen the cars on fire. Yeah, Mike Allen, Saturday midday, the no Kami sit in today at Huddles starting at eleven. We'll see you there.
Speaker 11: It's a Medicare plan you can count on, and that's what you get with a Medicare Advantage PLA