Speaker 1: Join the Meat, Sauce and Miller Light at D Michael Bees in Albertville next Thursday from five to seven.
Speaker 2: Stop by for drink specials.
Speaker 1: Games in the register for a chance to win a spot in the Vikings Foundation Golf Tournament. All the details now at kafan dot com. Just make the keyword golf.
Speaker 3: Where's D Michael Bees?
Speaker 1: Sounds like one of those like gotcha things. Uh it's over off a Lamplight Drive in Alberville.
Speaker 3: Oh oh yeah, okay, yeah, no, I know. We're sat supper by the.
Speaker 2: Mall right by the right, on the other side of the space.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly where the old new place used to be. Like they're going to turn that by the way, Remember how Alamo had two sides. Yeah, yeah, the side that's empty now they're going to turn it into like grocery store and stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh see on the right side there, Huh, that's where the old Puma store used to be before they moved it to the other side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know from the other side.
Speaker 4: It didn't always seem to never make sense to You'd go to one side of the mall park and then you're like, well, I'm not going to walk across that main road there so you would get back in your car than Repark. It does make a lot more sense to just have all of the outlet mall in the same spot, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So do I don't know why they're great. I don't know why I do, though, but I do. And that's a good one. One's good too.
Speaker 2: What else? Sweet? We got? Egan and Albertville are the two that are kind of major in the cities. Correct?
Speaker 3: Is Egan relatively new?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I thought, because I drove by it not long ago and I was like, I didn't even know this thing was here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right down seventy seven, right right, a couple of minutes south.
Speaker 2: From the mall outlet Moss.
Speaker 4: You know, Okay, I have Pretzels, man, gotta have an any Ends Pretzels stand somewhere in there.
Speaker 2: I have to otherwise you're wasting my time.
Speaker 3: I want to do this.
Speaker 1: This news with Chris Hockey, I presented by the Saint Paul Saint.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Saint Paul Saints home opener coming up here on the thirty first, Let's go baseball season. Okay, do you guys remember Pie Day the other day?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sure, fourteenth, I was listening to a podcast called the Bets and Quotes podcast, and they are a show about this show.
Speaker 2: It's an exception show within a show within a show, but.
Speaker 3: They do their own show and sometimes it's better than this show.
Speaker 2: Couldn't agree more.
Speaker 3: And I was listening to one of them. He goes by the name Quotes, and he was talking about his a job, which is being a teacher of the math variety Nightmare. Yeah correct, And he said that every year on Pie Day, he does this contest where the student who can remember the most digits of pie gets to either eat a pie or pie him in the face.
Speaker 4: My guest is the kids are going to pick pieing their teacher in the face.
Speaker 3: Well, I need the rest of the story on that.
Speaker 2: But even more.
Speaker 3: Was the story he told, which to him sounded like it was no big deal. And I was walking through these streets of Eagle River, Wisconsin. I almost crap myself when he said this, would you like to tell that story real quick? Please?
Speaker 2: Hi, Hi, Hi, good morning.
Speaker 5: This This is Smithy whom powers quotes whatever you want to call me, Hey, Hi, smitty, But yeah, I do this concert or this contest every year. I've done it for probably twenty some years, and so yeah, it's kind of old hat for me. It's it's always impressive to me the students who put up a big score. But I'm at a new school this year, and so I wasn't sure what to expect. I didn't even know if I was going to do the contest. But you know, I can't help myself. Pie Day's coming up and you want to do something, So I, like you said, I offer a prize. Either I bake you a pie or you pine me in the face. We can talk about the ratio, and I never know if it's going to be ten digits or or hundreds of digits, and I never know which students are going to get involved. And so this year, I in my classes, I've got some really high level classes. I've got some other just kind of we call them on level classes. And it was in my on level geometry class one, Hey, anyone gonna participate in mister UM's contest this year?
Speaker 3: And well, you say the remember I want them to guess, but go ahead.
Speaker 5: Okay, And this girl raises her hand and says, yeah, I'll do it, and uh, this this girl doesn't participate in class a lot, and she's does it does a fine job. But I wasn't expecting anything from this person. And so she stands up in front of the room and starts three point one four, one five, and I'll let you guess what do you think the winning number was this year?
Speaker 3: How many digits of pie did she remember off the top of her head?
Speaker 2: Pull your hands up.
Speaker 1: This may sound dumb, it's endless, right, yes, Okay, yeah, I'm trying to think what I could do and I'm gonna probably have to quadruple that.
Speaker 2: So hang on a second, just to clarify.
Speaker 4: So this was how much time do they have to practice or memorize this?
Speaker 5: I think I've probably announced the contest, maybe a month ahead of time.
Speaker 4: Okay, because like, if you gave him an hour, the number is pretty small, even for a really smart kid. It'd be hard to practice and memorize a really really long number within an hour. If you gave him a month and somebody was motivated, maybe even like you said, quietly motivated where it didn't seem like they were interested, but all of a sudden boom, they cared.
Speaker 5: And that's what I tell them. A month ahead of time. If you do like three digits a day for the next thirty days.
Speaker 2: That's almost one.
Speaker 4: Hundred digit It's just like right, all right if it's a number that made Chris almost crap his pants.
Speaker 3: And maybe I'm dumb because my memory is so bad, and it's not just because I'm old. I've never been able to do this.
Speaker 2: Kind of thing. Basin, you just tipped your hand a little bit.
Speaker 4: If it's you know, three times thirty or something, you're already talking ninety. I'm gonna say she did something like, I'll go one fifty, I'll go one forty.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do what I did.
Speaker 1: I got about twenty, so I'm gonna say quadre up with them to say eighty.
Speaker 5: And I don't think you're kidding you wipe our mouth over there. You just you know, twenty digits right off right now, off the top of your head.
Speaker 1: I think I can probably give it a shot, uh confirm? Three point one four one? Oh crap? Two six three five two six five three five eight nine seven nine two three eight four.
Speaker 2: I think you damn so much.
Speaker 3: That's so much better than I can.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 5: And that's crazy because the amount that Zach just did. If you use that version of pie to calculate a circle the size of the planet Earth. If you had the distance across the diameter of a circle that big, and you multiplyed by Zach's version of pie that he just rattled off, You're going to calculate the circumference of our planet to within an inch of the actual circumference.
Speaker 3: That's incredible math. Man.
Speaker 1: Wow, she.
Speaker 5: Did two hundred and fifty digits.
Speaker 2: Wow, two and fifty win. Wow, she won? She won.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was a couple of guys who got like ninety five or seventy eight or something like that.
Speaker 3: What's the most you've ever had?
Speaker 2: The most? Somebody do, the most I've ever had.
Speaker 5: This was a few years ago, and I knew it was going to happen, so I had Jenna Short'll come out and cover it for breaking the news. But five hundred is my all time record.
Speaker 2: Am, which is crazy.
Speaker 5: And I talk about that with the class after she rattles it off, I talk about that ten digits and you've got the circumference of our planet and thirty digits and you can do the universe and the rest of It's just kind of an exercise and curiosity, which is kind of what I'm all about.
Speaker 2: All right, between the four of us, how many do we think Sauce can get? Can he get three? Yeah?
Speaker 3: After the decimal point?
Speaker 2: No, okay, so insulted.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, no, listen, I this was never an exercise they even asked us to do. So this is all brand new to me. Did PI exist when I was in school?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna say you can get five?
Speaker 2: Eight? He can't get past it. I can't get I know it's three point one four, that's it. Five.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, now you have like a one in ten chance, no idea. I didn't pay attention to any of that. No, I can't name it past three point one four.
Speaker 2: Oh never, I thought you could do a ton of it.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's like something you would know. No never, never, never care to learn past the four.
Speaker 3: Impressive.
Speaker 2: That's impressive.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And for the contest, of course, there's the two choices, either pie me in the face or have me bake a pie. And you'd think high school kids they'd love to pie their teacher in the face.
Speaker 2: I would think it's unanimous in the history.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like legitimately twenty twenty two twenty three years that I've been doing this, I think I think have been pied in the face by four different people, one of whom was my own daughter when she won the contest.
Speaker 2: Brilliant, that's it. She has she has to Yeah, that's brilliant. That's said.
Speaker 5: I think this year it's not official, but I believe she's to choose to pine me in the face.
Speaker 2: So we'll have to do that.
Speaker 5: We're on spring break right now, which is why I'm here, But after spring break, well, we'll do that up.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's great.
Speaker 4: I truly think almost anybody could do this if they did it the way you described it, like, instead of going, well I can't rememborize one hundred and fifty or two hundred and fifty numbers, Well, if you broke it down three or four at a time and just practice them in groups and literally just practiced every day, it would just be a matter of doing reps right.
Speaker 2: It might take you a couple of months, but then you could do it.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, memorization more and it's not math, it's memorization.
Speaker 5: When my daughter won it, she probably knew about ten digits in the morning of and she's like, well, heck, I've got my dad's class seventh hour. And so she just sat in her study hall and just really in her short term memory, and I think she got one hundred and nineteen or something like that.
Speaker 4: And that was just a one day practical in one day, but it was that's impressive.
Speaker 2: Then ask her the next day.
Speaker 5: She probably couldn't have done it because it was just short term memory and purged after the fact.
Speaker 2: Wow. Man, impressive.
Speaker 3: That's cool, man. Cool school School's fun.
Speaker 2: School is fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. When you make it fun as a lung, it just goes on forever. How far could you go?
Speaker 5: That's probably not much farther than Zach honestly, I mean like maybe twenty five or something like that. So when when the kids are reciting it, I've got it printed out in front of me and I'm just keeping track as they're going, and you know, sometimes they'll goof up and I'll give them a chance. I'll you know, go back five digits to you know, eight a three eight or whatever, and they pick it up from there. But it's a lot of fun, and uh, you know, it just gets people talking about math. Why we're sitting here on the power trip Morning show talking about pie and math and cool stuff.
Speaker 3: Tommy, pie, we do pie is not surprising?
Speaker 4: All right, let's try this then, let's I want to I want to pick you up, right, Let's get you going.
Speaker 2: Let's get you some confidence. All right?
Speaker 4: That was how many numbers of pie after the decimal point? Can somebody memorize?
Speaker 2: Correct? How many numbers can sauce? Name one? Hey, I let us guess first, That.
Speaker 3: Was his answer.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, there's a pieday dot org smell.
Speaker 1: They have a million on this web page. There's a million pie numbers. Yeah, just keeps going and going and going and going.
Speaker 2: Kind of like this show. Sometimes a men, brother, Oh boy, what time is it? Rather be pie in the face?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 4: Why it's such a I'm in a great mood, making making funny in my contract, which is fine computer.
Speaker 2: I've been pretty nice Monday through Thursday, so I got to catch up.
Speaker 4: Whe I'm gonna get fired. Yeah, I hope they don't get fired. I'm on pace to be there by nine. We're fine.
Speaker 1: How does this calculating? Like, how do they get to like he says, it's a million, so is that? How do they get to how do they know that the four hundred and forty four and thirty third number is a two.
Speaker 5: That's a great question. How do they calculate pi? And there's lots of different ways of doing it. There's infinite series where you take you know, h one fourth minus three fourths plus five forths and just for reasons that we definitely can't talk about right now. But but a guy named Archimedes, years and years and years ago from Sword in the Stone, Yeah, sure, put a polygon around a circle and a polygon inside a circle. Oh what well, I didn't want to say circum circumscribe, but you're you're making me do it.
Speaker 2: He was just confused by shapesht me.
Speaker 5: But basically he could do this in ancient Greek times and he could calculate polygons and he could figure out that a circle is somewhere in between these things. And with technology, computers and that's another reason why why do we do this? Is computer programming? And can I create a processor that can calculate more digits of pie faster than the current processor And that might be a selling point for for my you know, my Intel process or whatever.
Speaker 2: I caught you act a bit.
Speaker 3: It is fascinating though, right, like math is God, you know, like it's it's in everything, it's a piece of everything. I think that's just fascinating. I don't understand a bit of it, but I think it's fascinating. Even music, everything is math.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: I've had students who have done science Fair projects using the Golden ratio in music and breaking down different artists and looking at either the tones that they're using or the length of time of different segments of a song and just how it's related to all these wonderful magical things in mathematics.
Speaker 4: Or letting tool do the Fibonacci sequence just to show off.
Speaker 3: Or the idea. I've heard this somewhere I forget where. I wish I could credit the person. But his theory on the Pink Floyd was it a Oz thing, was that it just happens that the math works perfectly just because math is undefeated. It just happens that they line up because of the math of the Wizard of Oz movie and the math of the The Dark Side of the Moon. Think about that. It could be that could be the reason that it lines up.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Man works like raise the Blade, make the Change.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I know there's just so many coincidences. Pink Floyd's a bunch of liars.
Speaker 1: It's very much like the almost feels like the TLC bit and the other guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're all in on it, but you know you're no idea what you're talking about here. God love Michael Keaton, I'd love to thanks.
Speaker 3: For having me, Thanks for doing that. The other smith and.
Speaker 2: What are the first let's go eight?
Speaker 4: What are the first eight letters after the decimal point and pie sauce?
Speaker 2: Pay attention three point one four so sauce? One four letter go ahead? One four one.
Speaker 4: Five nine, one five nine, two six two six, five three five here or all right stop there? One four one five nine, two six, five three So I'll say that again. One four one five nine, two six five three one four one five nine two six nine three five three five three do one more time? One four one five nine, two six five three one four one five nine two six nine.
Speaker 2: Three five three. I was gonna say, can he remember it through the commercial break? He can't remember it through three seconds? Say it again?
Speaker 4: One four, one five, nine, two six five three one four one five nine, two five nine three.
Speaker 2: You haven't said a nuner second nine.
Speaker 4: Nine three five three forget it only if she's tie him in the face.
Speaker 2: Sauce and who sports after this?
Speaker 1: A man.
Speaker 3: Four?
Speaker 1: Feel the energy of the state of Hockey Minnesota. Wild Hockey is back at Grand Casino Arena. So miss the speed, the hits and the aroar of the crowd. Get your tickets on wild dot com slash tickets.
Speaker 2: So good luck for tomorrow's game. That's not going to happen. Oh what?
Speaker 3: What's not going to happen?
Speaker 2: It's sold the F word.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought you were predicting a loss for your beloved squad.
Speaker 1: No, predicting a hell of a hockey game.
Speaker 2: All right, everybody hack of a hockey game?
Speaker 3: That might be cool. You're naked mole rat?
Speaker 2: Whoa naked mall rat?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that topless fortune teller from mal Rats. Hey, Core, Yes, sir, you know Greg Phillips is Greg Phillips. I'll just tell you.
Speaker 3: I December, he was elected to lead FEMA's Office of Response Recovery. Okay, nope, okay, FEMA, you're familiar.
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 3: Sure do you know that he claims that he was involuntary teleported to a Orgie waffle house?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm glad he's in charge.
Speaker 3: That's a true story. I'm not making that up. He said it on multiple podcasts. Said he was really transported. I shouldn't. Transport is not right, Like teleport teleported fifty miles from where he was to a waffle house, And I say to him, I want that to happen to me because I love waffle house.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 4: Great to have people in really high positions of power believe that they've been teleported to waffle house. That's that's good for all of us. Everybody's doing great. Country's on path, on the right path. We're doing great.
Speaker 2: Maybe they have.
Speaker 3: Maybe they have core.
Speaker 4: I mean, let's say aliens exist and they are teleporting us to and fro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a pretty pretty sick move to be, like, let's send the son of a bitch to waffle house. I mean, yeah, this guy looks like he wants breakfast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he went to the waffle house in Rome, Georgia. I would want to go to the waffle house in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Speaker 2: See there's that exactly?
Speaker 1: Is there?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 4: They're just trolling him. This is a blackout, right. This guy got hammered, and he's like, I got teleported.
Speaker 3: I was with my boys one time and I was telling them I was going to go to waffle house and get waffle house, and I ended up out a waffle house. This was in Georgia, and I ended up at a waffle house like fifty miles away from where I was. He said, he blacked, and they were like, where are you? And I said a waffle house and a waffle house where? And I said waffle house in Rome, Georgia. And they said that's not possible. You just left here a moment ago. But it was possible. It was real.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, I want to say, posed.
Speaker 3: To the aliens who are listening to the radio show right now, please transport me to the Bunny Ranch immediately. If not so, I don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, I'll gladly be proven wrong. If one of our alien overlords is listening and can teleport me right now is a Las Vegas trip? Do it, and I will immediately say I was wrong, you did it, and we're all happy.
Speaker 3: Can we have them transport dot Com Tom up the elevator to hear because he's here.
Speaker 2: How about Anna?
Speaker 4: How about like uh like Wonka Vision right where they were gonna he was gonna transmit candy bars through people's TVs and.
Speaker 2: Then Mike TV.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's over our head and a million pieces if our alien overlords. Instead of sending me to Las Vegas or Chris of the Bunny Ranch, how about they just teleport waffle House breakfast to us.
Speaker 2: Yes, well said, I don't want to go anywhere. I just want breakfast.
Speaker 3: I will serve you, my alien overlords. Yeah, we know, I will be your sex slaves.
Speaker 4: That was implied. Yeah, the whole town. And again they know the whispered and you've definitely googled alien porn.
Speaker 3: They probably don't like it as much if I love it so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean exactly.
Speaker 4: This is the one that's on the side of the road and going. They just dropped me off for I seemed way too enthusiastic. They said, this one's gotta go. Ye you and PiZZ sauce. They misread what you wrote down. They sent you with the wrong Lambert may get a little rubber fifth Man. Anyway, there we go.
Speaker 2: That's I can I can I give you a quick hot take. I don't care on teleportation, of course, On food, of course, waffle house is overrated.
Speaker 3: You dirty bastard.
Speaker 1: It's just like Perkins is better Embers when it was around, was better.
Speaker 2: Good Day Cafe is better. Well that's not even come on.
Speaker 4: We're talking about chain restaurants versus good better.
Speaker 1: Than waffle house? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I have in your hometown. How'd you get there?
Speaker 2: Well, not in your home state. I've been to one in Indiana. Yeah, how'd you get there? I drove how longer to take you? About five minutes? It's fine teleport, But like, I think it's like the in and out effect. If we had waffle House here, I think we'd feel the same.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, they're popular. Yeah, but like they're open twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, McDonald's breakfast is better.
Speaker 3: Please, Roner, can you shut him up. I'm trying to make a point.
Speaker 2: You're a judge now, who swore you in the Alien Overlords.
Speaker 3: It's open twenty four hours. You're there's no better place to go when you're about three sheets to the wind, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you walked like two miles to one easy.
Speaker 3: My teleporter was broke.
Speaker 4: It's one of my favorite things that happens behind the scenes. By the way, is Tom says he's here. Zach went downstairs to find him, and they can't find each other.
Speaker 3: He went to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Oh, let me tell Zach. Go into the bathroom and see if Tom's and that. Yeah, check the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Wyatt was taking a blank sports time.
Speaker 4: Look boy, under the stall, sports or over the stall?
Speaker 2: Or tap under the stall? He does.
Speaker 4: Wait, he watched you take a dump right over the top of the stall. Yeah, you like our alien overlords. I think he also tickled Max while Max was peen sure didn't. Yeah, all right, why don't you do sports until Tommy's out here? All right, I will sports boy. The Wild lost to one to the black Hawks. The Wild are thirty nine, nineteen and twelve. They have a massive showdown tomorrow at three o'clock. When they battled the Stars right here in Saint Paul. You can hear that game right here on the fan. A Zach to your thoughts. By man time, I'm gonna have a goal, okay, well said.
Speaker 1: The Twins open their season six days from today in Baltimore at two o five.
Speaker 2: Hey, we found him.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sorry. No, you're doing great. You're doing great. Everyone Zach couldn't find you. Corey gave me their hands and like twenty minutes ago. I'm talking about it was like four minutes ago. Yeah, I'm a very impatient person.
Speaker 1: The Gopher women are a fourth seed in the NCAA Tournament. They will battle Green Bay today at five pm. Your Gophers are twenty two and a half point favorites. You can hear that game on KFA N plus go on action. Thank for taking a cover. Yeah, I'd take the Gophers you want in.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to gamble against you. Why I don't like giving you money?
Speaker 4: Hi Tom, Hi Tom, Good morning Tom, pellas Arrow and everybody really really good.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 4: Got a lot of Vikings related questions, but that's next segment.
Speaker 2: So this is nonsense. So i' just weigh in on Gopher basketball if you want to. Yeah, well, you spent some time in green Bay. The lady green Bay. Whatever's have some team? Green Bay Phoenix? Is that what it is? The Phoenix? The Phoenix man? You know a lot. It's the Venetians. They've been good for a long time.
Speaker 4: Thirteen seed. Let's go what else you got sauce? The Wolves battle the Blazers tonight.
Speaker 2: It's seven.
Speaker 1: Your Wolves have won two straight and they are two and a half point favorites.
Speaker 2: Can you hear that one on the fan? You can.
Speaker 1: March madness was madness yesterday? Duke almost lost to Sianna Howard beat or excuse me. Michigan beat Howard one on one to eighty. Houston crushed Idaho seventy eight forty seven. Michigan State dominated North Dakota State ninety two to sixty seven. Illinois beat Pennsylvania one oh five seventy. Gonzaga beat Kensas State seventy three sixty four. Nebraska got their first ever tournament victory seventy six forty seven over Troy. Arkansas beat Hawaii ninety seven seventy eight, High Point beat Wisconsin eighty three eighty two. Vanderbilt built beat McNeese seventy eight sixty eight. Louisville beat South South Florida eighty three seventy nine. BCU came back from nineteen down to beat North Carolina eighty two seventy eight. Texas beat BYU seventy nine seventy one. Texas A and M beat Saint Mary sixty three fifty. TCU beat Ohio.
Speaker 2: State sixty six sixty four. Saint It is enough people have they can check on their.
Speaker 3: Phone, and I just can't wait for AI to take.
Speaker 2: Over guarantee him.
Speaker 4: And now KENSA is ready, Ken's on vander Belt.
Speaker 2: That was a wild ride, but we got there. Yeah, we got there.
Speaker 1: We got them all in Tom, Hi, Tom, you can hear them all on the Plus today.
Speaker 2: Yes, ninety six seventy two point five. Yeah, the Plus, the Plus, the Plus, the Plus.
Speaker 4: Man, Tommy, you guys have office brackets there at the old NFL networked you guys gamble on basketball.
Speaker 2: You guys allowed to do that. We are strictly forbidden. Come on, man, NFL networks, no fun. Let the man gamble. I've got scratches. Jack and I were talking about on the way up.
Speaker 6: I'm twelve days away from being in a Disney employee, so oh yes, at that point, I assume all bets are off, since I'm watching Joe Fortenbau right now doing best Bets on.
Speaker 2: TV exactly exactly.
Speaker 6: Well said, maybe that means I can talk about them, but I can't make them.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. Maybe it's unclear.
Speaker 6: So zero dollars is what you're allowed to do to have in a pool in the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 4: As a future Disney employee. Do you get like fast passes? Do you get discounts at the parks?
Speaker 2: What do you get? First? Question them?
Speaker 6: Unclear's that seems to be. It's probably something I should try to find out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your girls would want to go to Disney, right? Have you taken them to Disney or not?
Speaker 6: My wife texted me yesterday out of context and said I will never come to Orlando again because she was stuck there on a lengthy delay. So I think Orlando's out. She's also veto Disney in the past. Last time we were there, I was like, all right, I want to like, we got to do one theme park, right, do you guys want to do universally?
Speaker 2: You want to do Disney. They voted for.
Speaker 6: The Fun Spot, which is like the raggedy twenty dollars thing with like one roller coaster. They loved it, like twelve straight hours riding the same roller coaster.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was like, I was voting for the thing that would cost me the most money, right, Like, no, let's go to the Fun Spot. It's got one roller coaster, wrote it all day, no lines. I was like, all right, it's not bad. Though it works, it's not even a good name, right, the funds. I think that should be pretty sure that what it's called. I'm pretty sure there might be between Isati and Princeville exactly.
Speaker 1: Guess what they do have though, or probably cheese curds or something and Auntie Anne's pretzel.
Speaker 2: Okay, it sounds like a fun spot. Well, two vikings asn't we get back? Wait?
Speaker 3: Can I can? I? Yeah, we gotta go break at some point. Have you guys read this article about what it costs and what the Minnesota gol and Gophers have to do to play in this tournament they're playing in Vegas.
Speaker 2: No, No, this is unbelievable. I can't wait to hear it's somebody to go cover.
Speaker 3: It, Sportico a copy of the contract. This is so weird.
Speaker 2: All right, let's talk about it when we get back.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 4: I want to ask Pelo Sarah about Carson Wentz because that signing broke yesterday morning and it confused the hell out of us.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of questions for Tom. We'll see if you put a lot of context in that tweet. Really, did you're kind of connected? Did you see him connect acted? We'll talk with NFL Networks dot com Tom, Tom Pelosero, a future Disney employee. After this, I'm the fan.
Speaker 1: You can hang out with Max Fuller and I today at Hop House Mystic Lake for our Bracket Bash watch parties. We tip them off at eleven am. You tip it off with AB with Max at eleven am. I'll be there at three o'clock with wall to wall action from the tournament and your shot at big prizes including sixty five inch TV giveaway.
Speaker 2: All the details at KFA dot com calendar.
Speaker 3: You got that right, and it is time.
Speaker 2: It's time.
Speaker 5: It's time for Vikings News on the Power Trip, presented by.
Speaker 2: Joe, Tom Pelosaro, Tom Pilosaro, Marney Gilner. Yes, Tom is just telling me he's going to the Wolves game tonight. Kid's first game awesome.
Speaker 6: Although the younger one though, was complaining because he's like, it's not playing. I don't have another jersey. I'm like, well, it's not required. Do you wear a jersey of an active player. He will probably be there, he just won't be playing basket. I think she deserves a new jersey.
Speaker 2: Yeah about that, she.
Speaker 6: Said you wanted to Dante Divicenzo jersey. I'm like, I don't know if that's a good long term play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bones Highland Jersey. Right now, Bones is playing awesome.
Speaker 7: Everybody do they know the Bones selly If he hits a three pointer.
Speaker 6: That celebration going on around That ships the best, it's the best.
Speaker 2: Bones is killing it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: Well, he's really fun. He's really fun and genuine and genuinely connects with the crowd and the fans.
Speaker 2: So you could feel good about a Bones Highland Jersey. There you go, I'll.
Speaker 6: Show you tonight. I don't need to start at seven to forty five am.
Speaker 2: Remember when Rosie told you to get Carlos Gomez jersey. He was traded like a year and a half chftan you will have it, he instigated me. And it's not like a like a you know, like a face.
Speaker 1: It was an authentic, like one hundred and fifty dollars jersey shot Carlos Gomez.
Speaker 4: He looked like he was the real deal for a couple of months there. Yeah, how long do you have to wait?
Speaker 2: Though? Until that Jersey then becomes very fun in.
Speaker 6: Other words, Liker to the point where it's like it's been five years, so one's like, why in the world do you have the authentic Carlos Gomez Jersey.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sure, Well how about just three months ago this Christmas, right before the big quinn Hues trade, my wife was buying Christmas presents for the nieces and the nephews.
Speaker 2: And got my nephew Jake a Zeeve Booiham Jersey. Oh no, And.
Speaker 4: Then it was like, well what do we do with this? But like I guess just take it. I guess, like what are you gonna do with it?
Speaker 6: Like it's because for a year or two it's like do you know he's not on the team exactly?
Speaker 2: Then you got to get a certain distance.
Speaker 6: It becomes like a fun like, oh you're wearing that ironically?
Speaker 2: Oh got it? Got it? Sad until it becomes ironic and fun. Zeeve Boolliam, what a name. Just when we learned how to pronounce it and you got traded?
Speaker 4: All right, we got a lot to talk about. Chris wants to get to that contract thing. I'm curious about what that's all about. But before that is Viking's news. Tom walk us through this. We were all very confused yesterday because Kyler Murray's a Viking. For now JJ McCarthy is a Viking and now they signed Carson Wentz, which confuses because it kind of muddies the what is the plan with JJ McCarthy. If you sign a guy like Carson who seems to be a guy that like, if Kyler is the starter and gets hurt and they want.
Speaker 2: A veteran, then you hand it.
Speaker 4: To Carson probably, And if that's the case, and what are you doing with JJ?
Speaker 2: In year three?
Speaker 6: What I would say is twenty twenty two and twenty twenty four, when the quarterbacks stayed healthy Kirk and Sam Garnold, the Vikings were like twenty five and eleven or something like.
Speaker 2: I mean, a really good record.
Speaker 6: The other two years you had Jaren Hall start a game, you had to trade for Josh Dobbs, You ruled out Max Brozmer in Seattle. You need three quarterbacks, you need options. And so they were always going to add a third guy, whether it was you know, bringing in a Flacco or somebody of that ilk. They wanted to have a third player that they could actually play in a game. So this is not this was always intended. This was the plan was you know, they were going to bring in competition for JJ McCarthy. They also wanted to bring in a third quarterback, just so that they're not oh crap, we got to trade for somebody, or oh no, we got to put somebody out there when they're not ready. There's a lot of ways this can go. I don't see this going the way of Carson Wentz as the week one starter. It's much more likely that this is all right if Kyler beats out JJ, JJ's probably the two.
Speaker 2: Carson's the three.
Speaker 6: If it's not a fit for Kyler in the system and JJ beats him out, JJ starts. Now you're figuring out, all right, is Kyler the two? Are you trading Kyler? Are you elevating Wentz? But it's not a Carson Wentz. This is not bearing on JJ McCarthy so much as it is they wanted to have optionality with the room. There's a lot of different things that can happen between now in September or now in January. This just is from one more guy who played pretty well in the system. Kevin O'Connell loves Wentz. The shoulder that was, you know, falling off his body at the end of the year when he wanted to play. Let's emphasize this, he wanted to play. The doctor said he wasn't going to make it worse. He ended up having surgery like that's healed now. So it's a low risk type of an addition to the room where you're probably going to carry three quarterbacks on the active roster because of what you've seen.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty three and twenty twenty five. That makes sense.
Speaker 4: So I truly believe because I don't. But maybe again you can feel the skepticism in the world. You're pretty tapped it. I don't believe this.
Speaker 2: Is an actual quarterback competition.
Speaker 4: I think it's Kyler because I don't think you bring him in and you can say we're not going to name him the starter, but I don't think you bring him in. I don't think he wants to come here unless he thinks he's starting Week one.
Speaker 6: No, I mean he's definitely coming in with that mentality. But it is going to be a competition. Kyler hasn't played in this offense before. It may be a hit, it may work out great, it may work out not so great. We don't know that. And because he's on a minimum deal, you're not really taking any type of financial risk by bringing him in. For Kyler, this is always the spot he wanted to come, and people wonder like, why why couldn't they trade him?
Speaker 2: Why couldn't they get anything for him?
Speaker 6: Because Kyler would have just said no to re's doing his contract to facilitate a trade, even if it was, Hey, the other team's go pick up five million, three million, whatever, kind of like we saw Gino Smith and Justin Fields in those trades. Kyler would just go, no, I'm out forty million dollars. I want to go to Minnesota, Like that's where I want to go. He could veto a trade virtually anywhere else. Maybe if Atlanta had an opening, that would have been a consideration, but they obviously went and got to it because they wanted him in Penix. For Kyler, this is the best opportunity for him to play. He had a really good coach, to win a job in his mind that he's going to do and then hit free agency again in twenty twenty seven. Which was the key part of that contract was that he had a no tag clause in it as well. But we don't know that if this works out as well as the Vikings and Kyler are hoping that it could, maybe you're signing Kyler. Maybe that's your long term quarterback, and maybe you found the answer. But he's going to have the power because he's got the no tag clause to control his future beyond this season. But it also might just go you know what, this doesn't really fit. Kyler is really good in terms of creating things off schedule. He's never played in like a precision type of an offense like you have with Kevin O'Connell. He grew up in the air Raid. He played under Cliff Kingsbury. He played with Dry Petsiing who runs stuff with similar concepts. But it's still not exactly the same as Kevin O'Connell because O'Connell's system, like it's a misnomer to say it's the carbon copy Kyle Shanahan Sean mcva system, Like it's a blend of different things. Kevin trained under you know, Jay Gruden, he was a Bill Belichick. He's been with a lot of different people. So let's see, it could go really well for Kyler, it could go not so well. JJ could come and be the same guy, or JJ could be vastly improved.
Speaker 3: What do you think is he going to work in this offense? If you had to make a prediction right now, do you see it working.
Speaker 6: I mean, if he's if he's fully healthy, he brings a dimension to the game that you just don't normally get, which is, you know, the elusiveness. We've seen JJ obviously use his legs some too, but Kyler is is rare in that regard. He wasn't healthy last year. He hurt his foot, didn't need surgery, so he'll be fully healthy and ready to roll.
Speaker 2: So i'd say hawk. I mean, I think that.
Speaker 6: The odds are better than you know, more likely than not that it's going to fit.
Speaker 2: But you just don't know.
Speaker 6: And you know, there's a big emphasis too on like they want to play a certain style of football, and they want to play defense, they want to protect the football. If Kyler's a turnover machine getting used to this thing in the preseason, it might be like, you know what, we feel better about. But JJ's got to say in this I think that everybody's just going, well, it's all right, they signed Wenz, that's the end of JJ. They're cruly getting. I don't believe that at all. Everything I've been told, And of course Kevin's on the record saying, you know, organizations fail young quarterbacks, for young quarterbacks fail organizations. Is it the worst thing in the world. If Kyler wins the job and JJ spends this year, is the two learning actually being able to take reps in practice healthy? He's not been healthy his entire career in Minnesota. I mean, you know, the meniscus injury that costs his whole first year, the second procedure on the meniscus, then last year, he's got three different injuries, misses. Most of the he hasn't played football. He hasn't practiced football. I only it's the worst thing in the world to say, you know what, we still believe in the guy, but he's got a lot of growing to do. Maybe not having all the pressure on him to be the guy isn't the worst thing. So I've sitting here right now and listen, there's a lot of things that happen in the NFL every year. Sitting here right now, I believe all three of these guys are on the roster in September. I can't tell you for sure who's going to be QB one, but I'd say, if I were guessing, Carson Wentz is more likely to be QB three than anything. Because these are the two guys you're going into camp with and going we want to find out which one of these guys are going to rise to the top.
Speaker 1: What does it say about McCarthy though, If a guy who's never been in this offense beats him out on the beats him out of the job, is it just pure talent by Kyle was.
Speaker 2: The number one pick in the draft? No Bowl.
Speaker 6: I mean that's he's a rare, rare ability. Yeah, he's really accurate with the football. Again that the off schedule play creating and the elusiveness, the way that he can run. And that's an appreciation depreciating Nasset too. Like Kyler may not be running as well now as he did in twenty nineteen, but he's still pretty good and pretty you know, unique in terms of what he brings to the table. Again, from what I've understood, JJ is going to spend more time this saw season, even working with Justin Jefferson, He's going to be putting in that time. They're not going to try to fix the entire thing at once, but there are things mechanically and otherwise they wanted to do. And it's also just I mean, JJ a lot going on in his life last year, maybe certain things can settle down, Maybe he can figure out I mean, you have a baby in September and you're twenty two years old and you're QB one after missing your whole first year, Like, it's a lot. I'm not making excuses for the guy. It's just like that's a lot on anybody's shoulders. Maybe with another year out, it's like, all right, you can figure out where you might need help and to kind of ease some of the strain around your life. And then on the field, how do you better take care of your body and not take unnecessary hits, you know, just try to you know, put it all the work in the off season to be as healthy as you can be.
Speaker 2: That's been as much of the issue for JJ as anything.
Speaker 6: I know that he's become extremely mimable nationally and everybody wants to make jokes about nine and all that, and like, I get it. I've brought it up to JJ before. He's not unaware that those things are out there. But you control that by coming out and just performing more consistently. Because we've seen I know, I said one hundred times on this show last season, like we've seen the really good the Detroit games, like he can do that, but the bad can't be this bad and you can't have these massive swings. That's the stuff that when you're as consistent as Kevin O'Connell is and the defense is pretty consistent, the other aspects of the program are pretty consistent, you can't have the quarterback, the most important player on the field, having these wild swings because it just it creates chaos within the program, and that's what they want to mitigate.
Speaker 7: Do you think we have seen the best of Kyler Murray? Is that as good as he gets at the NFL level? Or can we see a better version in Minnesota?
Speaker 6: Well that's say yes, that's a great point because the systems he's been in, the air raid offense, we've seen it have success at some levels, but it's never been really sustainable. I know there's a long history. Cliff's a good coach, but like his first two years in Arizona were much better than what it was at the end, his first year in Washington was much better than it was last year, and that was related to Jaden being hurt and a bunch of other injuries all around. The team was not all on Cliff, but there's not like a long term staying success of running narright offense in the NFL. Kevin's offense has shown you can have success doing it, and so Kyler, you can at least argue, is it a better offense than he's been. He's around a collective organization that has stability and resources that it's not always been the case in Arizona.
Speaker 2: There is something in there. Otherwise this would not have been.
Speaker 6: You know, one of the top things on Kevin's to do list in this offseason was.
Speaker 2: Given Kyler a shot.
Speaker 6: Would they love to get Daniel Jones back here, Absolutely, but they weren't going to give him one hundred million dollars over two years like the Colt Stith and the Colts had his rights because they transition tagged and they could have matched, So they weren't at it involved in that. You know, would they have been unt interested in Malik Willis at some point I think they would have been. But beyond that, it was like Kyler gave you upside that these other guys didn't. We talked about could Kirk come back, talked about Gino Smith, and there's scenarios where those guys are Flacco all those guys could have been back, but Kyler is still twenty eight.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 6: I mean he's still in the prime of his career. Put him in the best offense possible where he's got and he's not motivated by money.
Speaker 2: He has played.
Speaker 6: He's making thirty nine million dollars this year, thirty six million dollars because the Cardinals are all that money, but he's auto minimum deal with the Vikings. He's got the opportunity to be the number one free agent in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 2: You're going to get the most motivated Kyler Murray you've ever had.
Speaker 6: People say that as a guy, he's really grown a lot from his early days. I do think that the best could be out there for Kyler Murray. But what it's going to look like in this offense, it remains to be seen. Because he's not run something like this before. He's not worked with receivers like Justin Jefferson and Jordan Addison before. It's going to be absolutely fascinated all the way through training camp.
Speaker 2: You are electric.
Speaker 4: When we come back. More of Tom Pella, Serol, more of Marty Gillan. There initials in like fifteen minutes, but we'll lead off Fan five with that gopher thing Christy you were talking about, because I want to see I want to know everything about this Vegas tournament, because I do think we should cover it. It's like twelve days away. What are we doing.
Speaker 2: Let's let's book our tickets. What are we doing? Are we not going? Yeah? We should. Fan five and a second Power to Money Join the Fan two