Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back, and remind me by the way Derek Falby decided he was going to leave the Twins, it was a mutually assured destruction.
Speaker 2: Here's what he had to say, How does this feel? How's it going to work?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: Do we think the right structure feels like? Sometimes it's feel. Sometimes it's just the feel that you get where you know, both sides kind of sit there and say, Okay, is this the right Is this the right match for what we need going forward? And if you get to a place where you don't think it's that perfectly, you have to have really honest conversations and dialogue about it. And we did and while jarring, I know, is you know, ultimately another opportunity for the next chapter of Twins Baseball, which I'll be a fan of.
Speaker 6: All right, best of luck to Derek Salvey yep, Contristan.
Speaker 1: I wonder if I wonder if his tongue was firmly implanted in his cheek what he said, which I'll be a fan of.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hard to say, sounded sincere, but you have.
Speaker 7: I mean, because you know, I want you guys to fail miserably.
Speaker 8: How much is this gonna cost? That's how they look at it. Yeah, how much longer are we gonna go?
Speaker 2: Well? Man, that stadium it's just so much fun to go to.
Speaker 6: I know it is fun though.
Speaker 2: It is fun.
Speaker 9: I mean, yeah, we're being honest, Yeah it is. It is a fun environment for sure, for sure a core. Yes, sir, have we worked in this building? When didn't we get here?
Speaker 2: Three? Must oh?
Speaker 6: Three?
Speaker 7: Isn't it?
Speaker 1: Every time I open that door and walk out there and it's not what it's been since that day that we started here.
Speaker 7: It freaks me out a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like the carpet's gone, the walls are gone, the ceiling's gone, and it's like, uh, it's like I'm in a dream every time I open this door.
Speaker 10: Yeah, massive renovation is still happening. It's supposed to take months.
Speaker 6: It's it is weird. It's like a it feels like a warehouse.
Speaker 10: I get abandoned warehouse as soon as you leave the studio because the ceilings, everything in the ceilings exposed.
Speaker 1: You can see all the guts, but everything is exactly the same, right, And then you open the door and it's like the Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 2: Did you look down the hall?
Speaker 11: I try not to like the fact that you can know the fact that all the walls are down, you can go you can see into where Jess's office is. Really yeah, next time you go out there and right look at the break room is gone.
Speaker 2: It's gone. Adam West his studio gone. Yep, it died.
Speaker 8: It really crushed me a little bit because I went through, you know, because now you've got to go a different way getting into the building here. And normally when I walked through there, you see all of our photos right that are up on the wall, and they were gone all of a sudden, I'm like, ah, crap, I must have got fired.
Speaker 7: Half those people didn't still work here anymore.
Speaker 2: That's good point.
Speaker 10: That's something you can afford. If you get fired, they don't take your picture down for years.
Speaker 7: That's fame.
Speaker 2: Yep. Yes, definitely makes me feel better.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there were pictures of bands that had members of them that were dead.
Speaker 6: That guy's not even alive anymore. He's up on the wall still.
Speaker 2: Head of me.
Speaker 8: Up there was the one I hated the most a lot of all the choices, you picked that one.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you like it? Because it's just right up the.
Speaker 8: Knocks and these are really big nostrils.
Speaker 7: Nostrils.
Speaker 10: Y is there some kind of procedure you could get your nose pinch?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, maybe maybe I could you just fill in with some spackling.
Speaker 2: Those are nostrals.
Speaker 7: That's my favorite morning show.
Speaker 6: By the way, I don't care much spackle. We knew that these.
Speaker 2: Nostrils are so huge.
Speaker 8: One of the best things that happened to me recently is it I got another one of those nose hair trimmers.
Speaker 2: I was so excited. Many you got to take care of the Christmas and you even look it right up into my brain.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what though, I had to go home last night and do some harvesting after I tried yoga. You guys have a certain age will know what I'm talking about, because they tell you to breathe in through your nose, not three your mouths, And I was going.
Speaker 7: Breathe them through my nose. I'm like, my god, what's going on at my nose? Look like the forest of stenche Man.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got some crusties in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was whistling like through the graveyard every time I breathed in. I'm like, I'm sorry, ladies, my apologies.
Speaker 7: I'm not whistling at you.
Speaker 9: That's a good point. Though I haven't done hot yoga a while. I should go back and.
Speaker 7: Dude, I loved it. I like just being warm.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's too hot.
Speaker 7: That's what she said.
Speaker 2: Where do you do it?
Speaker 6: She never calmed down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, book, No, he's asking for Tommy.
Speaker 6: All right, should we do fan five?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 6: Whatever couple thinks we haven't talked about it's.
Speaker 2: Time for a fan five on the Power Trip.
Speaker 10: All right, here's Fan five. We haven't talked about this at all, but why not. Carlos al Karaz won the Australian Open, completed the career Grand Slam, and he's the youngest to ever do it at twenty two years old and x amount of day's youngest to ever do it. He beat the joker two six six, two six, three five or seven five excuse me, only if she's five to three. He already has seven major titles, he's won two of the other three and now this is his first Aussie Open. So jokers already saying like, yeah, Alcarez is already legendary. He didn't quite say like he's going to be the best player of all time, but already hinted that we might be headed in that direction in the next ten or twenty years.
Speaker 2: He's only twenty two, twenty two, and.
Speaker 12: He already has seven consistently in the mix ten years.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's He's really good.
Speaker 12: And you know, the past era, there was a bunch there was like, you know, a handful of guys that you could meet at the top there. He really it's just him and Cinner right now, it's going to be them battling for a while somebody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I love tennis. I got into it a few years ago. I read this comic about it, this Japanese comic. I knew nothing about tennis, and it taught me the entire sport from the ground up, like even with like the like strategies and techniques. Like literally I went from one day watching tennis and being like they're just hitting the ball back and forth. And after I was done reading this comic, I was like.
Speaker 3: Holy bleep, Yeah, I understand what's going on.
Speaker 10: Tail as old as time though, right they're saying like heated rivalries causing tickets sales to surge right now in the NHL, same thing with Japanese comics.
Speaker 6: The pipeline to tennis fandom.
Speaker 12: Yes, yeah, so I mean, yeah, what was the name of it, The Prince of Tennis.
Speaker 2: For real, Yeah, Prince of Tennis, and it was.
Speaker 13: You picked up the magazine, it was like, this is what I want to I used to have this, uh, this Japanese comic book magazine where it had different chapters of different comic books in it every single month, and then that was one of the ones.
Speaker 6: And as a kid, I just was like.
Speaker 12: This is lame. I don't really want to read about tennis. But I had a cool design, so I was just like one day I was just like, you know what, I'll try it out because it's weird. Like obviously American comics are mostly super hero based, but in Japan it's like comics about everything about being a business person, a salary person. There's comics about being in the on the radio, believe it or not, so that they have a bunch of like sports, A lot of like the popularity from sports comes from comic books, Like there was a there was one about basketball and it literally is credited for not only popularizing basketball in Japan, but teaching people the sport of basketball from the ground up.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow, thanks.
Speaker 10: We are three days away from the NBA traded line and the Greek Freak yet to be traded.
Speaker 3: Everybody is saying that the vite excuse me, the Timberwolves are like the most aggressive team when it comes to trying to trade for Giannis, and that the other team that a lot of people keep bringing up is Portland because Portland would help a team like Minnesota or New York that needs a third team.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man like it. The rumors haven't died out.
Speaker 3: They'd have to give up a lot, but if he stays healthy, they're an unbelievable basketball team. And I think the only thing holding the Timberwolves back is they have no draft picks. If they had draft picks in the package of Jaden, maybe Julius and Terrence Shannon Junior, I think they could get it done because the Warriors are not going to include Jimmy Butler. Whether Jimmy Butler would go to Milwaukee you're not is a different question. But I don't think Milwaukee wants Draymon Green, who probably would immediately be bought out when he got.
Speaker 2: The passans ROAs see.
Speaker 3: I think the Wolves might have a better package to trade for Giannis.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you're one hundred percent right about the picks part. If they had the picks to go with it, I think this probably already would have been a done deal. You're not gonna get two better players than Jay McDaniels or Julius Randall out of all the suitors that are out there. And Giannis has been pretty vocal about open being open to playing with Anthony Edwards even before these rumors started. Man, it's just, uh, I know you don't like broth, but yeah, but it's it's it's tough right now, man, Especially Jade McDaniels. He's shooting, you know, over forty percent from three. He's a better three point shooting percenters than Anthony Edwards. Damn, that's the appropriate reaction. Ros Nasried has been balling out of his mind. He's probably gonna be six Man of the Year again. It's gonna be it's gonna be tough to to try to break up this rotation. And obviously Relis has cemented himself as a as a key part of this lineup as well.
Speaker 6: But yeah, the health part is the key.
Speaker 12: If you know, if you knew for sure that Yannis, you could look into a crystal ball and say, Yannis is going to stay healthy.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a it's kind of hard to say no to that. Maxo two part question.
Speaker 9: Yeah, does adding the guy like Jannis does it? How does it work with the offense itself? Knowing that you still have Rudy, you still have Aunt, then you add him, there's only one basketball How does it all work?
Speaker 2: And then two you talk about that rotation.
Speaker 9: Our calling card has been at least the sixth seventh guy on the bench. If we get rid of all these guys, do we even have rotation? Is it just the five guys and that's it and we hope nobody gets injured.
Speaker 12: I think it would be tough because at that point, Yeah, if you're trading Julius and you're trading and Jade, and you probably instantly insert Nods into that starting lineup, and then all of a sudden you have a really big lineup because you got Nods, you got Rudy, and you got Giannis. But then the bench all of a sudden becomes pretty depleted at that point. So, yeah, that is that is something that they're definitely.
Speaker 2: I would imagine that it's factoring into it for sure.
Speaker 12: But yeah, I think in terms of the offensive part, I think, I mean they'll they'll figure it out. That would literally, when Giannis is healthy, he's a top five player in the NBA. He might be the best two way player in the NBA. That would probably him an Ant together would be the closest thing that we probably have seen since Shaq and Kobe. So I think they would find a way to figure it out, especially because Aaron's playmaking ability is just light years beyond what it was when he first came into the NBA, and he's been used to over the last couple of years, like adjusting to getting his teammates more involved. It's just now it seems like they're finding the continuity within the season and that they but so it would be hard to break that up. But again, if you know that Yan, if you could know that Giannis would be healthy, he's one of the best players of all time.
Speaker 10: Us speaking of Ant, his fourth straight All Star Game not he got the reserve call yesterday. Also shout out to Cheeded Holmgreen makes his first All Star Game. It's really cute one of us too soon and Lebron for like the ninetieth Street Year.
Speaker 2: No I know.
Speaker 10: Pictures and catchers report spring training a week from Thursday. We're almost there Feb twelve, the Twins report. So when does Bonus leave after the show next Tuesday?
Speaker 2: I think no, I think tomorrow.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Why does he have to get down there so early?
Speaker 2: He's going to Pittsburgh for a while. He's going to Pittsburgh first. Here's what he said, be so hardy.
Speaker 6: Wow, I can get to Florida as quickly as possible.
Speaker 10: Ben your quick twitch thoughts on the Raiders expected to hire Clint Kubiak after the Super Bowl, and the Cardinals are hiring Rams offensive coordinator Mike Lafleur, younger brother of Matt Lafleur, to be their head coach.
Speaker 9: You know, I think Clint is walking into a great situation. I know the organization seems like a little bit of a mess, I think, just from the top down. But uh, they they're going to be in a good situation to have the number one overall quarter pick, and we all know it's the it's going to be Mendozo as the quarterback. So that's you know, good, good for him. I mean everywhere he goes is well liked and well respected. Obviously comes from a great lineage and in a family Tree.
Speaker 2: So I think that's a. I think it's a.
Speaker 9: It makes them It makes a lot of sense to hire guy like that, you know, who knows what's going on in Arizona. I mean I feel bad kind of for every coach that's down there, because I don't know how you instill a lot of confidence in your coaching staff that you're going to be successful in even in two years.
Speaker 2: I mean, what is the plan? I mean, I don't even know.
Speaker 9: Even if they hired Mike Tomlin down there, I'd be like, what's the plan? What are you guys gonna do? What are you guys gonna look like? Who's gonna be the quarterback? What kind of offense you guys gonna have?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 9: I So, I think they're they're a bigger mess the that's the the worst place to end up. And now, not to take away from Laflour getting a chance to be a head coach, I hope he's successful, but it's gonna be a it's gonna be a ruggle. He's certainly not set up to succeed. Wobble, wobble, Sorry no, no, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I liked the loud headlines is next?
Speaker 2: This is the power Trip, Morning Show, I on the Fan, the.
Speaker 1: Welcome Back, Last Second, touchup, more Show, Here we are then it must there you hard, There you go, Hi guys, very hawk, Hi's Groundhok's day and he saw his shadows. Six more weeks guys, there you go.
Speaker 2: I remember the bit you guys did one year?
Speaker 7: Yeah, how long ago was that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That was that was before me.
Speaker 10: That must have been I don't know, oh six oh seven range, Yeah, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: It was a great bit.
Speaker 1: We did the exact same segment over and over and over again, but we did it.
Speaker 10: Live, so basically improved it and then had to memorize how we did it. And here's this is my favorite part about it, Ben. So we did the same segment. I think we were just three hours at that point, so I think we did the same segment nine times, same music, right.
Speaker 6: Hyeah, give or take.
Speaker 10: Tried to try to do the same jokes, tried to do the same cadence, tried to do the exact same segment, so it sounded like a repeat of the previous segment. And we I don't know how many affiliates we had at the time, five or six or seven something like that. And I believe that like Sweedberg and Abbott got calls or complaints from the a couple of the affiliates basically saying, something's wrong with the feed. We're getting the same segment over and over again. So they didn't they couldn't even tell that we were improving it. They thought there was something wrong with the signal that they were getting sent the same segment over and over and over again.
Speaker 6: That was fun. It was fun.
Speaker 10: It was basically like a game for ourselves, like can we do this music?
Speaker 2: I got you? It was yeah, that's right, and that's brilliant. We did the weather, we talked about Joe Mauer or something. It was just like the same bits.
Speaker 7: We wrote it down as we were doing it the first time, so we had.
Speaker 2: To know yeah, exactly, so we didn't script it either. Yeah.
Speaker 10: So we improved the first segment and just tried to note take while.
Speaker 6: We were doing it, and then did it eight more times.
Speaker 2: Yep, ye, I wonder without me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's we timed it right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good self awareness. Oh yeah, I know where I stand.
Speaker 10: Hey, Chris, we got to do this now because in a couple of years, this guy meets us is going to work here, and it's not going to work out.
Speaker 6: So if we're going to do this, it'd better be now.
Speaker 7: Now you know, I would quit.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding, breaking news, Paul, We need to break news the first four seconds. Yeah, but they're going to trade for you, honest, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: It's only the second segment, Paul.
Speaker 3: Would have been interesting if, like some big sports news did break and.
Speaker 10: We talked about that, We're like, well, what happens and we're like, no, they just got to finish it.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just gotta go through it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: Now it's time for headlines. All right, here we go. This is a freaking nightmare.
Speaker 2: Let's go, what's the longest flight you guys have ever been on? Eight fifteen? Where was the fifteen er? I think it was it was I think it was Australia from where La La? Yeah, that's a fifteen hour flight. Boy.
Speaker 10: A Phillpeen Airlines flight from Los Angeles to Manila suffered a complete laboratory flushing system failure mid flight over the Pacific. So wait until the end of this next sentence is going to gross everybody out. None of the aircraft's toilets could properly flush on a roughly fifteen hour flight, and flight attendants were instructed to manually remove ways to prevent overflow.
Speaker 2: Yes, jump out of the plane, open the dark.
Speaker 10: Do you put in your two weeks if you're a yes flight attendant and you are bagging up crap for the last half of that flight.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's definitely extra pay. You have to get extra pay for that. That's stream I'm going to pass on the drink service.
Speaker 10: Yeah, man, I didn't order coffee to prevent overflow.
Speaker 9: Oh do you think it was just like one Gal was designated as the the the pooper picker up her.
Speaker 2: She was a mountain.
Speaker 9: Yeah, she's the bounty of the whole room.
Speaker 2: The drawing, they just like take turns.
Speaker 9: Almost think he just like makes one person like you don't want to contain it.
Speaker 6: Everybody were they serving chili.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what man if I lost that, Like they're drawing straws, I draw the short straws. It's like, well, actually, did he just jump out?
Speaker 3: Did But here's this down on a rocket blaster up to the planet.
Speaker 1: He was on the west ear So my dad got on a rock, not a rocket.
Speaker 6: A rocket blaster.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: The Rocketeer movie. You bought that thing?
Speaker 2: He bought the movie?
Speaker 6: No, the Yeah, it was like, this is a great idea.
Speaker 3: He has like a Spider Man sense with toilets back up, even in the air. In Manila, Manila, which is right next to Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Yes, which is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Speaker 10: A man in Texas died after being shot in the head last week during a disagreement over French fries.
Speaker 2: What okay, I can't see how maybe this goes. Yeah, I mean between the creakle ones.
Speaker 10: My guess it's more. Again, I don't have the details. My guess is the fight was over the possession of somebody's fries versus the style of fries, right like, don't touch my fries? Well, I love those, and then you shoot him in the head as opposed to I really like waffle fries.
Speaker 2: No, I like curly.
Speaker 9: You don't think it was a debate over fries. It was probably somebody stole.
Speaker 2: Touched him, shot him in the head. Well, and potato wedges, please never, but what's wrong with wedges? Come on, do a French fry. Don't do that potato wedge.
Speaker 6: You have a strong fry.
Speaker 2: Takee. I don't. I'm a sweet potato guy. Yeah, I prefer potatoes. I agree.
Speaker 10: You have no preference in fry shape when it comes to standard fries. Are you anti a specific shape because Sauce hates curly fries?
Speaker 2: I love curly gross, like the Army's curly fries. That's the top live.
Speaker 7: Why does the shape make them gross?
Speaker 2: They're gross? Curly fries are gross. What happens?
Speaker 6: Explain it?
Speaker 2: Her tastes the texture, it's just gross. I don't like curly fries.
Speaker 7: Rosie, what's your favorite shape?
Speaker 10: One armed golfer in the UK got a hole in one one arm. Sixty seven year old Patrick Duke lost his arm in a work accident in twenty twelve and says he took up golf and that saved his life.
Speaker 6: It gave him purpose.
Speaker 2: He was playing with friends recently under course in England.
Speaker 10: He had a seven iron on a par three and nailed it from one hundred and twenty yards out.
Speaker 2: So that's a hell shot. Got a hole with one Yeah, a hole with one m I like that. Just get a fat and saty saw how many hole on ones? Zero? And you have two arms? Yeah? Have you gotten close?
Speaker 3: I mean I think I've gotten within like five to ten feet. Maybe that's not close, but I.
Speaker 2: Do have one. Yeah, you do, you do? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Holding wasn't that the bit where you told your wife you were just going to play nine?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was just going to play nine And then I hit the hole one and I'm like, that was on the third hole. Now I got to play full eighteen because otherwise it doesn't count.
Speaker 2: Wow. And the whole time she kept calling me back, going, what what did you do?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: You have to buy drinks for everybody. You know how much this is gonna cost us the entire round. She just kept I don't know why you kept answering the phone, but she was like because you started boozing. Yeah, and she was googling, and she was not happy about it. Old baby, old baby. Yeah, but it's you win golf hitting a hole in one. I don't get it. You've won golf and you have to face it. Else's accomplished. So Moss, think about this.
Speaker 10: Do you believe overwhelmingly likely that that for you was a once in a lifetime opportunity?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 10: And your wife hated it, Oh, almost ruined it. Hated it, Yeah, hated it. And you'll never do it again.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna try not to.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't need those phone calls.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 6: I hope you guys didn't read this.
Speaker 10: Man, these are some fun facts that maybe you and Elizabeth can do three to four thirty perfect.
Speaker 6: You guys have a lot of fun, do it.
Speaker 11: B h.
Speaker 10: Since Punk Satani Phil has started making predictions, approximately, what percent of the time is he correct?
Speaker 2: Thirteen percent? Hmm? I think it's forty or something.
Speaker 6: It's got to be a little bit less than a question.
Speaker 3: We nine, say like eight percent, seventy Yeah, let's say sixty sixty five.
Speaker 2: Max's logic was correct thirty five percent of the time. Oh, but what what makes the gauge of that?
Speaker 9: Well, I mean, so it's so six more weeks of winter. But who decides when winter's over?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who knows?
Speaker 10: Again, there's a little bit of subjectivity there. I assume National Weather Service or somebody determines whether or not it was a lot of snow A little bit of snow. Speaking of that, try this one here we go. So, since punk Satani Phil has been making quote predictions for whatever reason, there's ten years where they don't have a record of what he guessed. Oh, but there's one hundred and twenty nine times if they've documented whether or not he said he saw his shadow or not, one hundred and twenty nine. How many times out of one twenty nine did he say no shadow?
Speaker 2: What if it's a cloudy day? I always wonder about that.
Speaker 10: Oh, out of one hundred and twenty nine, how many times has he said no shadow?
Speaker 2: What's a trick question? He can't talk? Well played? See how many times? How many times did they an, now it's no shadow? Well played?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: Eighty two, twenty five, forty four? How many times total?
Speaker 6: One twenty nine total.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say sixty four, Wow, not sixty nine seventy thirty.
Speaker 10: Oh, Muslin and maxill on the right path only twenty times and one hundred in nine times he has said that he has either seen his shadow or a parcel partial shadow.
Speaker 2: Stop saying personifying him. No he talks, He doesn't.
Speaker 6: He just eats souce. This one does not talk.
Speaker 10: Because the first official Groundhog Day, back in the eighteen eighties, they ate him after he made the prediction. They served him up, the original groundhog, and they said he was quite tender.
Speaker 2: Damn that Phil was pretty good. Sorry you were wrong where they hit you?
Speaker 6: Now they ate Phil.
Speaker 11: I'm the biggest idiot here. Well we know that, but why'd you say that? They just googled what type of animal is? You're on a list now, my god? And now Mus's wife is texting him.
Speaker 2: Who's wait?
Speaker 10: Okay, go ahead, this one's depressing. This one's as depressing as googling what kind of animal is? Punks Atani film? Hey, Rose, what percentage of adults believe that Phil is one hundred percent right always?
Speaker 2: Maybe sixty nine.
Speaker 3: Seventy three percentage of adults ridiculous number, but finally believe.
Speaker 6: That he's always right?
Speaker 2: Sixty five eight four.
Speaker 6: But that's still that's still way too much.
Speaker 8: Do you have any urge whatsoever to go to what is it called Gobbler's nob Rights?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, absolutely, Tommy, for sure.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's a select few here that really won the one way ticket. Who's watch who's the knobber that holds up pugs atoni?
Speaker 2: Phil? What's his name? The local nobber?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's like chief nobber, colonel, grandmaster, he's he's dressed as like an old timey guy.
Speaker 2: I'm Robert Osborn.
Speaker 10: Anyone else saw If punks at Phil could talk, what do you think he would sound like?
Speaker 2: I hate it here, let me out of this. I don't care. I can't predict the weather. You're all idiots.
Speaker 6: So it sound exactly like you.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought you said. What would he say? Thanks, Dave Matthews man, don't eat me? Yeah, he would sound like Puck's and tany Phil the same. Okay, I think he would sound like.
Speaker 2: Hello, please leave me alone. I hate you all. Just eat me like they did my great grandpa and seeing.
Speaker 7: Were you really you really went there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: So he whispers his great grandpa is one hundred and forty years old.
Speaker 3: Great great grandpa, I was whispering too quietly. Oh well, that makes more sense.
Speaker 10: Thank you, you're welcome. Oh oh, proceed. A couple in their forties in New Mexico. What it gets some more interest? They were at an adult store last Wednesday, and that's an aggressive all right right. The guy punched one male employee in the face several times and then pulled out a gun and pointed it at him.
Speaker 6: Another person tried to intervene and fought with the guy.
Speaker 10: The guy ran out and hopped in a getaway car driven by the woman the couple, the other couple or the other half of the couple, and she backed into someone who was chasing after them as they were peeling out. They eventually got caught, but robbed an adult store apparently took some stuff, and then gunpoint and then a car accident.
Speaker 2: Then they were going, what did they beat him with? Rosie? Mm hmm yeah, ye, one of those one of those before before you leave.
Speaker 10: You know, this is weird again, how the mind stores things and forgets other things. I had completely forgotten about this until I read this eleven years ago today. In twenty fifteen, NFL Hall of Famer Warren Sapp was arrested in Phoenix in charge with soliciting a prostitute and assault. He was in town to cover Super Bowl forty nine for the NFL Network. After his arrest, they fired him. I completely forgot about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And.
Speaker 9: I'll never forget the fact that he yelled at me when I was in a rental car. I think I've told that story.
Speaker 2: Warren Sause you hit him and this was a hit and run. Yeah. It was so funny though, Like I was like, Hey, that's Warren Sap yelling at me. How about that.
Speaker 9: I never said anything back, though, because it didn't want anything, because he was out of his mind.
Speaker 6: He wanted a prostitute.
Speaker 7: Apparently, I can't blame him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, are the good prostitutes in Phoenix? I?
Speaker 2: Yeah, quickly.
Speaker 6: I've been twin cities live three to four thirty today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, three to four thirty today.
Speaker 6: Good luck managing a Denny's douchebag?
Speaker 2: Did I get five?
Speaker 6: I don't think so. Do you think you would do a good job managing to Denny's?
Speaker 2: No, I would probably eat too much. Would you change the name to Benny's? Oh? I at least have the menu item for Benny though?
Speaker 6: Good written's face?
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 2: I love all of you except for Bob Cossin. You like him? Don't listen? You're a tremendous twelve out of ten?
Speaker 12: Wow?
Speaker 2: Thanks, let's go make out? All right? But all right? Just passed out? Could talk? Man? Who was he talking to?
Speaker 7: I don't know. I think that might have been from a movie. I can't remember which one.
Speaker 6: Oh, he was a basketball Maybe he was in that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Twelve years ago today, Phillip Seymour Hoffman died in the middle of filming The Final Hunger Games movie. He was only forty six. Yeah, phillips seymore hoffins very sad.
Speaker 2: Great. I mean he's one of the best. Super said, kid's good too. Yeah, he ye, what's his kid in?
Speaker 3: Wasn't he? He's in Liquorice Pizza? But then he's in that Stephen King is it Walk or whatever?
Speaker 2: Was he not in Saturday Night Live? The movie? I think he was.
Speaker 6: I think he was like the the exact guy. But he's in that Hawk.
Speaker 3: What was the Stephen King movie that came out where like you it's basically like you just walk through town and if you stop, they shoot you.
Speaker 2: Row the Long Walk, The Long Walk. Yeah, he's in that. He's one of the stars of that.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: Okay, sir, it's not bad being the Deaftones.
Speaker 10: All of a sudden, the Deaftones sold most of their music rights to Warner Music Group over the last couple of weeks and a deal worth and estimated forty one to seventy five million dollars. Wow, and people are saying they're bigger, as I've been saying for months. It's one of the craziest arcs I've ever seen for a band. They're bigger now than they were thirty years ago. They're gigantic, so anyway, all of a sudden they're a huge dealing. They just got a whole bunch of money. I mean it's we're not talking like five hundred million like some of these other gigantic artists it but still seventy five mil for the Death Tones of the Death Tones from Sweets Fantastic.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 6: You know, we keep referencing how weird time is.
Speaker 10: I saw a clip of the Deaftones playing some show in ninety six, why because it hit my algorithm. Thanks Jerry Lewis for asking them. It is weird to think that, like the Stone Tipo Pilots, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Pearl Jam Era feels to me like it's fifteen years separated from like when the Death Tones and Incubus and you know, like that second wave of the nineties they were overlapping, and it just didn't feel like they overlapped, right, because not at all.
Speaker 2: Jerry was listening.
Speaker 10: He loved Adrenaline in Around the Fur, you know what I'm saying. And I listened to all of them at the time I was sixteen in nineteen ninety six. I loved all of the bands I was on Deaftones from day one. But it just felt like it was so much later than those other bands.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't.
Speaker 6: It was like three four years after a grunge exploded.
Speaker 7: You're still the same.
Speaker 6: It's not the same. Che this well, not for anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be nice. Their sound is evolved. It's the same, It's not it's not even close.
Speaker 7: Right, he's confused.
Speaker 2: I got pretty quickly.
Speaker 6: He went the other way. Jerry's on your side.
Speaker 2: What movie? I'm not talking about me, Sauce Junior. Listen this picture in Jerry lewis listening to Digital Bath. Yes, I see you like it.
Speaker 10: You could hear a Blue Whales heartbeat from more than two miles away.
Speaker 14: What do you mean, Well, if everybody's quiet in the studio, they can hear mine. I love how you started laughing, ripping your own self. Yeah, well I gotta rip before I get ripped.
Speaker 10: I wasn't gonna say anything mean. I'm over my quote for the day, it's Monday, No for the day. You're in the clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to day job. Yeah, I probably should at work at Benny's restaurant. Yeah. I wouldn't hire me, No, not even as like a fry cook.
Speaker 10: No, it could be the SpongeBob SquarePants of Benny's rest the food.
Speaker 2: Right, No, I don't need a job in food. I eat too much as it is.
Speaker 6: Or right, you did work at dairy Queen?
Speaker 3: I did, and then I got fired and the lady who fired me said I'd never find a job again. Why because I'm lazy?
Speaker 2: Worthless?
Speaker 10: Yeah, you were like seventeen, right, I was like sixteen. Think about that. You're sixteen and she thought you were so worthless that you would never find a job again.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 10: You didn't mean as a sixteen year old. It's like you're unemployee for life.
Speaker 2: I mean I am.
Speaker 10: But yeah, she said that when I was like fifteen or sixteen years old. I've been Uh was she hop Probably she worked at dairy Queen?
Speaker 2: She owned a dairy queen.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, my god, that's a sure MoMA.
Speaker 2: What are you stealing soft serve? What going on?
Speaker 10: No, there's always money in the banana stand, right, you can always make some money banana splits. Man, so good, I've been jones in those. I should get d Q onion rings today. I be you talked about onion rings last week. I can't stop thinking about onion ring batter. Did you see what they're doing now with the with the chicken strip basket? Go on, they're offering you can get a little cup of vanilla soft serve to dip.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's the everybody loves. Well you can do the hotway you How is that? The frost dipping chicken and ice cream? Are you nuts? It's amazing? What does shift pol You would do that? Zacho? Of course it's like you guys never dip fries in your shape? Yeah, I mean it. Well, oh well that's kind of you. Jerry.
Speaker 10: Jerry's got a lot of hot takes this morning. Yeah, he's very involved in the conversation, which is nice, like a this. Oh you want me to move on?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 6: Okay, what's Jerry's problem? I don't know, but now I went on your rings? Let me guess. Must you hate those two?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 11: I love them?
Speaker 2: Okay, just a potato wedge.
Speaker 3: It's the only thing I have a problem with the ones at KFC R outstanding Which one potato wedges?
Speaker 2: No? Thanks? Okay, I'm gonna taste what you got, all right, Rhodes m Why all right? That's all I got.
Speaker 1: First, I got a kind of stuff for it. Let's go with this one first. Where's it going here? Of course, my computer's frozen.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, one of us, No, I got it now.
Speaker 1: A federal and local police are still dealing with a possible biological lab and a home in Las Vegas.
Speaker 7: How would that make you feel?
Speaker 2: I saw that the news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, agents might be there for several days as they continue the methodical, methodical, methodical job of examining and processing the scene. Spokespersons say people were arrested. The owner of the property was arrested in twenty twenty three, has been in jail for a long time. They went to this guy's residence and found basically pathogens that we probably will never know because they don't want the public to know that this guy had this stuff in his house.
Speaker 7: But it's going to take him. They need to.
Speaker 1: I think they would burn the place down if they didn't. Think it would ruin that part of the United States if they did.
Speaker 7: It's that bad.
Speaker 2: That's the more I heard about this, the more terrifying it is.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yep, sometimes ignorance is bliss. There you go, right, don't tell me, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: At least two people are dead in North Carolina after a monstrous storm dumped the record setting amount of snow in parts of that state.
Speaker 7: I saw some video of.
Speaker 1: The coastline in New North Carolina that is covered in snow. I just can't imagine the storm moves on. Authorities are warning power outages and life threatening cold could last for several days in the eastern parts of even Orlando, Florida saw temperatures colder than parts of Alaska this weekend.
Speaker 2: What is this called again, the sack? You would know, the bomb thing, bomb cyclone? Pop? Yeah, bomb bobs. You're awesome, They're really good. Yep. But yeah, bomb cyclone that's what it's called. I've never heard of that term ever. Oh really, No, had you prior to this?
Speaker 7: I thought I had. Maybe not.
Speaker 2: I don't know I had before.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but I don't know exactly what it is, but I think it just means a very rapid decrease in temperatures.
Speaker 7: So you can consider today a warm up for your Super Bowl snacking.
Speaker 4: Today is National tater tod Day. Americans eight three and a half billion golden nuggets of potato goodness every year, but we weren't meant to. They were actually created in nineteen thirty four out of the scraps from making French fries and fed to cattle. Good thing we came to our senses today. Celebrate with a buffet, add them to you pizza. They're great with eggs, and don't forget the ketchup. I'm pre Tennis.
Speaker 2: Cheese pree right now. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Man, how do you feel in a puzzle or something if you're about tater tots?
Speaker 7: Everybody?
Speaker 2: Oh, I love tater tots. I like just saying tater tots.
Speaker 6: It's a cow food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cory hates the You don't like tater tots and fed them to cattle? Weld you listening to Bree Tennis. Weren't you listening to the dude's story.
Speaker 6: He didn't have ketchup, never had it.
Speaker 2: I don't like ketchup, no condiments. Yeah, that's why you.
Speaker 6: Have two kids.
Speaker 1: Trader Joe's is being ranked as America's new favorite grocery store. Data from the American Customer Satisfaction Index found the Hawaiian themed chain, which I didn't realize it was Hawaiian themed?
Speaker 3: Did we know that?
Speaker 6: What's that called Trader Joe's?
Speaker 7: Uh Hawaiian themed?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 1: The score of eighty six out of one hundred, pushing publics out of the top spot.
Speaker 7: We have public surrunder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: When looking regionally, Trader Joe's was the leader in the West, Aldi shop right and Walmart let in the northeast. Aldie came out on the top in the Midwest. Grocery stores you know, I love them.
Speaker 7: I like that one. Coburn's. I like Coburn's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are great.
Speaker 7: They have good bakeries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a lot of good options.
Speaker 6: Ivey's awesome, Target's awesome, Cubs, it's food.
Speaker 2: How back can it be? Jerry's is great? Sure donuts.
Speaker 6: You get fritters on Saturday?
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 9: Was that?
Speaker 2: I thought that was your excuse to not go golfing with musks. You had to get fritters Saturday morning. Yeah, shockey stories.
Speaker 7: Stories go ahead.
Speaker 2: No, I went to a Whole Foods for the first time on Saturday. Did you see Rosie He practically?
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 11: I saw Russo though, Mmm, wait that's not and uh it's interesting a lot of organic stuff in that place. Back to you, Chris.
Speaker 1: Well, I have I have a bunch of stories that I've been saving about people who should have died, but didn't die.
Speaker 2: Of them.
Speaker 1: No. A guy was dropping off the night deposit for his work when a guy tried to rob him and he started rolling up his window and the guy pulled out the gun and shot him, and the he was aiming at the guy's head. Dude jerked his head away at the last minute. The bullet went through one side of his cheek and out the other, blew out most of his teeth, but he drove himself to the hospital. They removed the glass from his face, sewed up his cheeks, and cleaned out his mouth.
Speaker 7: Had to have dental implants. Other than that, he was completely fine.
Speaker 2: Wow, we think, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: This person says when they were in medical school, they had a gunshot victim come in. He had been running and he tripped. The bullet went through his foot, traveled up through the body, and stopped at the roof of his mouth. We're just left a bruise and missed every organ. So the bullet went in through his foot, went all the way through his body and stopped near his mouth and didn't hit any major organs some resulting what happened there, I don't know well.
Speaker 6: And speaking of organs, how about over the weekend.
Speaker 10: They said that Katherine Ohara had that condition where your organs are on the wrong side, right, was on the wrong side, like former Timberwolf Randy Foy, if you remember, had that condition where all of his organs were on the wrong side. And I guess you can lead a normal ish like life, like you know, it's probably a little bit tricky sometimes fear getting a scan in the doctors, like what the hell is this? But uh, I mean, I don't know, I don't know if there's complications or not. But apparently Katherin, Katherin her hair had that straight Yeah, very so amazing. Yeah when that happens, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: And it is weird when we're this far down the rabbit hole in twenty twenty six where somebody dies and it is universal love. Do you see anybody say like she sucks, she's overrated, Like nobody universally loved sucks.
Speaker 6: Thanks mus absolutely, thanks you each.
Speaker 2: All right, We're back tomorrow five thirty to nine, nine to noon is next.
Speaker 7: Wait for you to abdeb enjoyed the sunshine.
Speaker 2: Big girl.
Speaker 6: I love you.