Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio While Friends.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 2: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petrosin Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacres terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you. Yeah, follow the.
Speaker 3: Petros in Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: No dogs? Is that so hard?
Speaker 2: No dogs?
Speaker 3: I don't like what people bring their dogs up in here.
Speaker 2: America loves dogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Is it worse to bring your dog to work or bring it to a restaurant? That really bothers me.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: They're both bad, especially indoor restaurant.
Speaker 3: The worst place to take your dog is to a football field where people are working out.
Speaker 4: What about a baseball field.
Speaker 2: Unless it's Peter that's going to be celebrated.
Speaker 3: An unfulfilled vocation drains the color from a man's entire existence.
Speaker 5: Spectro saying Monday A five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app a full four hour show again today as we have play by play tomorrow and noon, though will not affect the PMS show at all, as even today, scoring double digit runs, the Dodgers have wrapped up their contest against the Guardians.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers would have, actually, the Dodgers would have been a much more healthy lead in for US today as they would have given us an extra four or five minutes that Fred and Rodney are in their frugality unable to provide. So who knows what's gonna happen tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Matt, Anything could happen. They've scored fifteen runs against the Angels and their spring training opener, they scored eleven runs today. The Seattle game yesterday put R and R on or two days ago, No, yeah, yesterday put R and R on call, and they had to come up with about twenty eight minutes a content of which they delivered twenty six.
Speaker 2: So who's to know anything could happen?
Speaker 3: Is that the dog in the hall here?
Speaker 2: Who brought the dog?
Speaker 3: Sam Zeh?
Speaker 4: Somebody brought the dog in? Yeah, somebody brought the dog in Goose.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I know my radio partners in Indianapolis fighting the snow and the flurries. And he asked me an honest question.
Speaker 2: Degrees.
Speaker 3: He asked me an honest question, and I thought he deserved an answer.
Speaker 4: Here's the problem matter. This is the second dog we've seen in this building. One was exiting the building as was walking in, and then this one is actually walking the hall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they must have thought it was white boy Day here or something. So that's what's happening on this too. And on Tuesday.
Speaker 5: I have a dog. I love my dog. My dog likes being at home. It's fine, it can she can sit there for hours and be totally fine. You don't need to dog you where you go.
Speaker 3: I think if you ask your dogs you might say something different.
Speaker 5: Hey, I really want to get in the car and drive for a couple hours and stop start trapping. Hey you want to come to walk around a carpeted hallway with you?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 3: Hey, dog Matts Skeeter Shister. Do you want to come to work Wilow the dogs? Do you want to come to work and meet monks and Merrill? I just got a time show on KFI. I just got a text and said, now, you guys hate dogs on PMS.
Speaker 5: No, I love dogs. I absolutely love dogs, Zach. All looks not mean you should bring your dog to work. I don't hate to leave it at home. I like dogs. I'm allergic. I'm badly allergic to dogs, and they make me sneeze violently if I'm near. And I hate the thing that people always say, which is the same stupid ass thing, Oh, my dog is hypo allergic.
Speaker 3: No it's not. Your dog is not hypo allergenic. Even if it doesn't shed, your dog still has dog dander that I am very allergic to. Now, I don't blame anybody for having their dog. I think dogs are great. I wish I could have a dog. I can't. I have to have a cold blooded lizard because dogs are And I tried to get allergy shots because my wife wanted a dog when she was pregnant with my daughter, and the person that came out of my wife, my daughter wants a dog even more. But during my allergy shot cycle, I went into anaphylactic shock and almost died in the street because I left the place too early. Almost died right there on Torrens Boulevard. In p I crawled across the street like.
Speaker 2: A dog, and I like a cold blooded lizard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, are you?
Speaker 2: Are you in danger? It's like people.
Speaker 5: Much like people with cats say, well, I know you hate cats, but my cat's like a dog.
Speaker 2: Your lizard like a dog.
Speaker 3: My lizard is.
Speaker 2: My lizard's like a dog. It behaves like a dog, I.
Speaker 3: Guess, and that it doesn't speak, it eats when I feed it.
Speaker 5: I adore dogs. I have had dogs for the last twenty five thirty years of my life. I just can never understand.
Speaker 3: Why you think everybody wants to see your dogs.
Speaker 2: Like the kirkkurb Street thing.
Speaker 5: We have talked about it incessantly at nauseum, and it's like, oh, they love Peter.
Speaker 3: They No, they don't.
Speaker 2: It's a place of work. It is a football game. People are trying to engage with each other in kirkurb Street.
Speaker 3: This dog might be the most forced thing in the history of media since the Great Gazoo showed up on the Flint Kazoo.
Speaker 2: If they wanted that guy.
Speaker 3: Around, or Scrappy Do showed up, nobody wanted punk ass Scrappy Doo around.
Speaker 2: That is Sam in different strokes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we didn't need him.
Speaker 5: If you Sam, we're doing this fib Dutch boy haircut.
Speaker 3: We're doing fine without you. Well, we have a four hour show of great Sports Talk today with or without Sam Zea's dog, Great sports.
Speaker 4: Someone's dog, somebody's dog.
Speaker 2: Why aren't we allowed to say that it's Sam's because he's gonna get in trouble.
Speaker 3: For please our friend, and you're not supposed to. I don't want anybody who was that. There was a KFI lady that was bringing her dog to bring it every day. Yeah, and she got she was finally axed and her dog.
Speaker 4: She was asked because you guys complained about it.
Speaker 3: When they fired her. They said, and your little dogs.
Speaker 2: We don't want anyone to get fired.
Speaker 3: We don't want anybody, Matt.
Speaker 5: We don't want your dog sitting at home alone for twelve hours. But that's why you hire a dog walker. If you want to get a dog and you live alone and no one else can walk your dog, then hire someone to come walk your dog and take care of it.
Speaker 2: Now that being you signed up.
Speaker 3: For I did, I haven't been my I hurt my shoulder a while back and I've been getting that been like two massage therapy treatment sessions at my sister's yoga studio in one of the rooms. And today I did notice that the massuse had her dog in the corner, sitting on a little carpet. But the dog was so small and didn't move. I didn't even know it was there. The dog dog even more like smaller than a rat dog, like a mouse dog. Oh wow, Yeah, that four pound dog was not a big dog. The dog was named Beef.
Speaker 2: And oh ironic because it's so small.
Speaker 3: I guess that's what they're going for. So I didn't get too upset about that. I didn't say nothing. I paid the massuse and told it walking. But to see a dog or no, I didn't see the dog today, but to hear about a dog that Kate's just brought up. It's really Kate's desk, Cop Kates that really blows the whistle like a yard duty on people here like Amoon doom. Well, I mean when it comes to the dogs. I appreciate it because what if I become violently ill and you can't do I'm the bad guy.
Speaker 4: I'm the bad guy now because I don't want you.
Speaker 5: We can bitch about it on the air. It's what we do. We bitch about everything. Everybody's wrong. It's what we do. But if you're actually reporting it to HR, you can't be in Nune goon. Kates can't noon goon it.
Speaker 3: I don't believe Kate's reported that woman and her little dog too. I don't believe it was a report, but I believe Kate's.
Speaker 4: How dare you insinuate that I did? Please do not check my son folders?
Speaker 3: All right? Much much like a villager in like Frankenstein or something, Kate's helped with the torches and the pitchforks.
Speaker 5: Yes, he was the guy going this way. This way, you're going the wrong way, go this way?
Speaker 4: You believe the dog's over there?
Speaker 2: Or are you up here looking for the dog?
Speaker 5: What dog? I didn't know I was up here looking for a dog. What's going on? Because if you are, it's right over there.
Speaker 4: To bring the dog in on the weekend is I'm fine with that?
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm totally cool with that.
Speaker 3: I mean, unless it blows it out everywhere.
Speaker 4: Well that's an issue. That's an issue. But I mean weekday, this is the second dog we literally saw in the building or leaving the building in the last hour.
Speaker 5: I mean, what's going on? I think we were all good. I think I'm okay. I'll just speak for myself, but I was fine. The emergence of the service dog vest on dogs that are clearly not service dogs.
Speaker 3: Dogs patrol exact that dog, that's the case. That dog looks like a degenerate meth head dog.
Speaker 5: A dog is barking at some little kid that's pushing its like little suitcase. Yeah, that's not a service dog. It's clear that that is not trained, uh for it to be wearing a vest that says service dog. It just peede in the freaking middle of the concourse. That's I think what got so many of us there, the therapy peacock.
Speaker 3: These people are upsetting Matt, the people who say things like this on the textile so brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers. We make it easy. Carry an EpiPen, you dog hater. Yes, let me carry an EpiPen to stab myself with, just in case I go into anaphylactic shock from my allergy shots. Just so my daughter can have a French bulldog that you'll probably refuse to feed and will bite my balls off. Let's let me get an EpiPen to stab myself with the thigh.
Speaker 5: Get an EpiPen because I want you to French freaking bulldog in your ho oh. That would be incredible.
Speaker 3: The worst part is, mister Mario, there is a French bulldog already around my house. Mister Mario, my famous gardener has has a French bulldog that used to be at his daughter's house. But I guess the French bulldog doesn't get along with the daughter's dog. So now the French bulldog goes with mister Mario on his varying garden expeditions around a neighborhood. And guess where the dog hangs out? And who with my wife and daughter outside my house and its stupid T shirt staring at me and you don't make yeah, and you don't think, mister Mario. You don't think. Mister Mario is trying to trick that dog off on me, you know? And I told him, no, it can't. I'm too sick, like honestly, I like, I'm not making it up, like it makes me too sick, like I can't and I can't go back into anaphylactic shock. I can't have my eyes turned crimson red, like literally like the Spider Man suit while looking in the rear view mirror driving to Fox Sports and just this this doesn't seem okay, No, it really was by the time. And you know, I'm asthmatic, so I stopped breathing, so it was yeah. I Anyway, I do believe that Tim Kates was the driving force behind getting that woman fired though.
Speaker 5: But you know what, Tutsus doesn't like being alone. I've got to bring her into to work to hang out on a mate.
Speaker 4: Well, can we all agree that bringing a dog to the restaurant is the worst thing you can do.
Speaker 3: No, bringing a dog to the booth when you're calling a sporting events all over the country is the worst thing.
Speaker 2: You can field.
Speaker 5: A stage manager of sponge up the dog pee at the Baylor Booth is probably the worst thing you can do. Kirk Herbstreet is the original repeat offender. He is bad bad news bears and will I'll never forgive him for what he did to the top one of the top games in college football every week and pro football by bringing his stupid ass dog and his completely and totally dry milk toast analysis. Unless he's defending the SEC to every booth in America f you, Herbstreet.
Speaker 2: I love dogs. We all love dogs.
Speaker 3: I don't dislike dogs.
Speaker 2: And just.
Speaker 3: But again, every once while, if I have a few drinks, I'll go over to the real estate dad's house and he has an old dog, some kind of spaniel, and I'll wash my hands and pet the dog and touch the dog's face and have some affectionate words for the dog. And then I go over and I wash my hands again, and I hope nobody saw.
Speaker 2: I love you dogs.
Speaker 3: Just kind of like that. The problem is that I love you dog, but I can't but don't.
Speaker 5: Tell anyone and there art listen. It's it's not applicable to every dog. There are some dogs that you don't eat. Like you said, you don't even notice they're they're they're great, They're well trained.
Speaker 3: Like beef.
Speaker 2: They yeah, like beef.
Speaker 5: They squat under the table at the pat on the patio of the restaurant, which is fine if the restaurant's gonna put out water bowls and all that. You're sitting sitting outside, man, yeah, if you're outside, that's is it a beach community.
Speaker 3: It's a beach. Why don't we need a beach community? Because I'm in a City of Orange, antiquing. I don't know if I want somebody's dog out there the p.
Speaker 5: But when we're inside and I'm trying to have dinner, and when I got a dog and it's barking in another dog, that's come on, can we not do that.
Speaker 3: I was on a plane once up in the front and one of those h one of the what's her name, CHEDDOWI you know, the the chick from Wicked Kristin. She had a dog and the dog got loose and started running all over Yeah, started running all over the cam and Chenow, you know, she weighs about eighty pounds. She had no chance and somebody had to catch the dog and give it back to her. She was very apologetic, though. I'll give that to Chenow.
Speaker 5: With now your allergy is notwithstanding, I will say for the most part, because typically they're giving him like a half a Benadrill or something before they get on that plane.
Speaker 2: Eh.
Speaker 5: If I got dogs sitting next to me on the plane, I'm like, you know what, I'd rather have your dog than a human. I'm kind of all right with your dog. I take it up this middle.
Speaker 3: I see a guy that has a guy who recently moved to Costa Rica, very upwardly obile gentleman who moved his entire family of kids of all ages to a gigantic compound in Costa Rica. And he had a dog the size of tim Kaits I mean a big It wasn't a Saint Bernard with a little barrel like a little barrel of rum under its neck. No, but it was some kind of gigantic dog breed. You know, there's a few, and it's one of those big ass dog like look like the town tawn from the Empire strikes. And they had. The dog was so big. It's a big dog, Mike, this is an alpaca. The dog gets some effing brines.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 3: The dog is so big that he had to buy a first class seat for the dog sit next to the dog like the dog needed its own. Couldn't have a coach as the dog had to have its own first class seat. And then he sat next to the dog. And they went to coast and the dog moved to a different country. That is not a dog that is afoot.
Speaker 5: I will have a Woodford and champ here would like one as well, if you don't mind.
Speaker 3: Man like. The problem is with Herbstreet. It's like you're calling the game, so now your dog is everybody else's problem, and it's not okay, it's not cool. It's the wrong thing to do.
Speaker 5: If you have you know, and and the story is, and it's understandable. If you have anxiety, dogs can be an incredible relief of your anxiety.
Speaker 2: I get that. But if that's what's going on and that's.
Speaker 5: What has to happen game a week, how about that? How about your calling what you're not doing Thursday and Saturday and flying somewhere else for college game day and you adjust so everyone around you doesn't have to have some different rules for you to be able to make forty million bucks a year and call all of these games.
Speaker 3: You're not that good at it. It's that's Hey, Keith Jackson wants to show up with a Schnauzer and that's a whole different deal, brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 2: This se goes everywhere. Keith.
Speaker 3: Can we stop calling him desk cop Kate's p He's not that brave. He's just a freaking mall cop busting kids for being at the mall after seven pm. Without an adult, whether Mom shops Victoria's secret, Kate's is such a nark. I bet he calls Burdbank PD when his neighbors have more than three cars in the driveway, and then he writes dork dildo sauce and then he sent an emoji of an egg plant. But it's moving back and forth.
Speaker 4: Three cars in a driveway is a violation. Dude, do not do that. You are sticking out into the sidewalk. How are people supposed to walk by?
Speaker 5: What's the uh, what is the tamest infraction that you have? And I'm not saying you called the cops, but that you have acknowledge to somebody else. Kates that like somebody has done something and you either say to the wife or at work you say to somebody else like, hey, can you believe that.
Speaker 2: This just happened.
Speaker 4: Well, there's parking in front of the house that really bothers me.
Speaker 3: That's not your property.
Speaker 2: It's not your property.
Speaker 5: The parkways not even your property on the other side of the sidewalk.
Speaker 2: Loud grass and trees, that's not yours.
Speaker 4: Loud noise if you're gonna have loud noises, and it's it's one o'clock in the morning. We have a problem. I'll let your party until midnight, but after midnight for the freaking music down.
Speaker 2: Dude. Oh and by the way, you do you complain to the wife? Can you believe this?
Speaker 4: You call it like the guy in house party. I mean, there's a public enemy. There's a public where I live. There's a non emergency phone number you can call to.
Speaker 2: Oh look at that.
Speaker 3: Oh, do you perhaps know some people in the police department that can come up there and light somebody up?
Speaker 4: The eye and the sky has a ride. Folk party's over. You're this guy.
Speaker 2: They got off too.
Speaker 3: So that is our dog dissertation for the day.
Speaker 4: I just walked by the dog in the other studio, which literally he's on the other side of your wall.
Speaker 3: Is it here?
Speaker 4: It is in there doing production with the donor. It is just laying there asleep. Good boy, No, that's not okay.
Speaker 2: Good bob, got your EpiPen?
Speaker 3: Pee, I'm gonna stab the dog with it. If I stabbed the dog with an EpiPen, does that mean I won't be allergic to the dog anymore?
Speaker 5: I believe that's how it works. We'll be the dog then immediately becomes hypoallergenic.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do perfect well.
Speaker 4: Why haven't we done that?
Speaker 3: We should have Luke Rabbatai on next to talk about some hockey. They all ducked us. All the Canadians are so bitter.
Speaker 2: But Luke's a champ, he's a Hall of Well. He can't us.
Speaker 3: He works for the Kings and he's got an opper oportunity to come on LA Radio talk about the Kings. He can't let his Canadian ship wreck the opportunity to promote Go Kings go with three home games this week in town, Oh Kings. So Derek Armstrong, Army Stolely, Kate's's guy Weeks, the goalie Weeks. Yeah, none of them would come on because they're such dirty Canucks and they're so butt hurt from losing to the flaming American eagle with its probing beak. But Robotie he's got to do it. So we're going to talk to Robotie. Matt's at the combine and Indy the rest of us are here in Burbank with this dog on hand. Five seventy LA Sports. This is Petro Send.
Speaker 1: Money on demand, demand demand.
Speaker 5: S Petro some money. Five sets. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You're home and back to back World Series champion Dodgers will have spring training baseball tomorrow a noon against the Diamondbacks. And remember PMS on demand is available as the petros and Money Show podcast through that iHeartRadio app as well. Subscribe and remember you can always stream the show live in the moment anywhere in the world with your smart device and the app and nothing else.
Speaker 3: America's got a hockey fever and when people want to talk puck, we turn to one of the great French Canadian princes of the city of Los Angeles and the hockey world and beyond, Luke Roboti Lucky Robotie, longtime friend of the Petrosen Money Show, President of the Kings. Kings are back after the Olympic break. Everybody's talking hockey and they will be at home tomorrow versus Vegas, Thursday versus Edmonton, and Saturday versus Calgary. If you want to get that Canadian flavor, very exciting stuff. Here to discuss it all because everybody's talking hockey on your Southern California Toyota Nater celebrity hotline. It is Hall of Famer and star to us all lucky Luke, robotime. What's cracking?
Speaker 2: Luke?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 6: How are you a long time to talk?
Speaker 3: We're doing okay, you know, strikes and gunners over here in the world of great sports talk, just riding the Dodger wave. But have you are you surprised? How excited? I mean? Last year was crazy with the four Nations thing that none of us have ever even heard of, and then this year with the Olympics or we're much more familiar with. I mean, everybody these games are at five in the morning and whatever, but everybody loves it. Everybody's involved. Does that surprise you, Luke?
Speaker 6: It doesn't surprise me because I kind of knew like going in, like especially what happened last year when we had the Four Nations tournament and Team Canada and the US went at it. They had fights and so forth, and so so it doesn't surprise me this year because the talent level is so high. You know, do I wish the game would have been a little bit later in five am, Yes, because you know, you go there to try to sell our game. But it doesn't surprise me the attention up because the level of talent is unbelievable. You know, like any one of those countries Swedes, Finland, Czechs could win, But Canada and the US are the two best teams, so makes it really good for a game when they compete play against each other.
Speaker 5: You've competed in it before, Luke, I mean, you know what it means to see team Canada and Team USA. Kind of how how big of a deal is it? Like how unlikely was the upset? It just felt like every time we would get to this point, USA would be you know, coming in second place, Canada would be the chance. And that's just kind of how it was. How big of an upset was it, And just if you can put it into context too, based on sort of the population of the team and what players were out there for each country.
Speaker 6: Well, the best player in the world is Connor McDavid. It's not even close. But the level of like the I called the Jack Hughes and those guys is really really close. So the difference one that big. So before the tournament, a lot of hockey knowledgeable people said USA had the best goalie and on a one game situation, a lot of times the goalie can steal a game, and I do believe Canada had more chances to during that game, but third goalie was Stile the game. It was incredible. Connor oliber Got won the best game in the history of the game. I mean, it's amazing what he did.
Speaker 5: That was incredible, it was exciting, and I would imagine I don't know if you felt it after four Nations last year that Petros was talking about what does it do for the NHL? What does it do for the Los Angeles Kings. When you have a whole Nations, you know, incredibly invested in this sport and then see you know, this level of play come out of it, do you feel that bump?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we usually feel that bump. I mean, obviously in your market, you want to win games, you know. I say, if our team starts winning games and having a good run, now it's going to bring a lot more attention. I think. What I mean actually both teams for the US, the women's team and the men's team, what they've done brought some attention to the game of hockey, which for me, ever since I've been Los Angeles, have been about growing the game and getting as many kids possible to play. So I think it's there's some momentum that that's gonna that's gonna keep going off of that, and uh, you know, we just but you definitely want your team locally to perform. That's the key.
Speaker 3: What's it like, Luke for these guys that want to kill you? I mean they were really That's what made it fun is that these guys want it. I mean, it's not like the NBA All Star Game out there where they're you know, dunking the ball and shooting threes and laughing at each other barely breaking a sweat. These guys are out there trying to kill each other. How how is that so different from the NBA and now all of a sudden boom, they're going to be back to playing NHL hockey within days. How do you face a guy if you knew him from the other team and now he's on your NHL team and you just wanted to kill that guy. You were wrapped in the flag. Everybody's all angry. I mean, how do we recover from this with the NHL starting again?
Speaker 6: It is kind of that that part is crazy, how hard to compete and how physical those games were, and to come back and having to be in the same locker rooms. I think they'll look at each other. The guy that won obviously can can go one on the other guy. But definitely it's it's one of those things that it's a weird feeling. But that being said, once you get back to your team in the playoffs, such a long war and eighty two game schedule and you got a battle together, it's a weird feeling. Now I do get a kick. I remember reading a few years ago Kobe when he was playing I think it was for the in the Olympics. He said he was gonna run Paul Gassault and everybody on the US team was shocked. I'm like, we get that every shift, everybody's running each other and they're prying the same team.
Speaker 5: So you know, there's there's some some great obviously great moments that come out of the Olympics, but for you selfishly, you know, Kevin Fiala's out there representing his country, Switzerland and now he's lost for the year. We talk about it all the time, right we have like Sho hail Tani and Yamamoto going to the World Baseball Classic now and the Dodgers are like not crazy about it. Kind of what is what is your feeling about guys going to play in the Olympics. Like you said, you're getting after it every single shift. But it just feels like hockey players are wired differently. We never even talk about this not being reality.
Speaker 6: Yeah, with a team that got punished hard because Kevin Fieller got hurt and he's going to miss a long time. So but I was a player and I wanted to represent my country. It's a it's a it's a bigger honor than playing in an All Star team because you're the best at the best playing in a competition to represent your country. So it met everything. So I would never tell a player not to go. You kind of hope you go in this tournament and none of you guys are going to get hurt or any player as a matter of fact. But it's the risk you take. Because I've been working with the Kings and and Hockey and the NHL always trying to promote the game. I do know it's good for our game to go to the Olympics and send our best player there. So I'm kind of I look it. You know that you got to roll the dice and and hopefully no one gets hurt and it becomes a great tournament.
Speaker 3: You know, the Kings did not go into the Olympic Break with a ton of momentum. But tell us about the trade you made and what kind of momentum you're hoping to build this week, Luke.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we didn't like the last few games we played. They were at home and we want to win them, and our guys were coming back from the long trip and we just didn't seem to have the energy. We're in for a battle. We understand there's twenty six games, we've been one of the best defensive team in the league. We've always said we need a little bit more scoring, and we had the opposunity to acquire our taming Pinerin, who's a pointed game guy in our league. A pointing game guy, there's only you know, there's ten or less than ten doing that. So we really believe he's going to give us a chance to get an extra goal every game, and the way we play, we think that's easy. He's going to help us make a huge difference down the stretch.
Speaker 5: And what about what do they do do they give you kind of like exceptions in the case of Fiala where you know, maybe relieves a little bit on the salary cap for you to go out and get a player when something like that happens, to encourage you to allow your players to play on the Olympics.
Speaker 6: There are no breaks like that. Don't give you any but but the way our system works, guys go on long term injured reserve and then you do get the cap space. The problem is they're not playing till the playoffs. But we don't think Kevin's going to be able to play until the playoffs. So in this type of situation, we're probably going to be okay. You know that we could replace him with another talented player.
Speaker 3: The Kings have fourteen losses in overtime this year, Luke, are you going to suit up for the next one? What are we going to do here?
Speaker 6: I know all we need to do is just just when when when a couple of those So if we keep playing like that, you know, and we get in ot and next thing, you know, you get one or two extra win, we'll be fine. I like the way we've been playing, guys, We've been playing playoff hockey the whole year, so that's going to get us ready. We just got to make sure coming out of the breakdown where we're the better team every night.
Speaker 5: You have you know, you have Anshe Kopitar. I think he's announced that this is it, right, I mean I would assume, yeah, is that a little bit that's a little bit of extra pressure on you right to kind of Hey, let's make sure we're in the playoffs and we got a shot at this. Then you know how different the playoffs can go from what your regular season record is first hand.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, and it's definitely uh, you know, Kope announced it was his last year. The pressure is on all of us every year. But he's playing real well. Unfortunately he's been banged up most of the year and now it's the first time he's going to be healthy on this stress. I'm really looking forward for us coming out and making a run to help him and help us down the stretch.
Speaker 3: Well, wrap yourself up and the stars and stripes are maybe one Canadian leaf for a shout out for Luke. And remember the Kings are at home all week. They got the Golden Knights, they got Edmonton, and they got Calgary. All coming into Crypto, the great Luke Robati, a hero to us all and a shining beacon of hockey culture in Southern California. We sure appreciate it. The only guy we thought about checking in with. It's not too angry, you know, because you're a team president. You know, even though you're Canadian, you're a team president. You still got to talk, you know, a chance to promote the Kings. We knew you'd have to come on, Luke. You know, Stoley and Army and all these guys, they love to come on, but they're all crying on their pillow. But you had to answer the call. We appreciate it, you boy, the great Loop Rabbati. Everybody gas, Let's go there he is. We shall return with more great sports talk reaction on the secret text touss a line coming up.
Speaker 1: Now Southern California's most listened to sports talk show.
Speaker 3: This is Petros Money on Demand.
Speaker 5: Big thank you to Luke ROBATAI. Incredible win by Team USA at the Olympics. One of the great Olympic moments, only the third time they've won gold, first time since nineteen eighty Lake Placid, a miracle on ice and I remember it well kind enough uh to join us to detail it. Talk about some Kings hockey and their attempt to try to creep back into the playoff race. So we appreciate that from Luke, one of our all time favorite guests that we can bring on. David Bassi will join us in the five o'clock hour talk to Dodger Baseball. They knocked off the Guardians earlier today. They'll play the Diamondbacks tomorrow at noon. So either the iHeartRadio app if you're in the greater Los Angeles area, I'll have that, or if you're driving around town and normally don't listen.
Speaker 3: You know, Tim Kates didn't mean it that way. No, I understand, Matt, I understand what you're putting down. Yeah, you know, I could pick it up on the telegraph.
Speaker 5: It's just you don't normally expect Dodger Baseball at noon, is kind of what I was getting at.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a very very welcome surprise for people tuning in for the mid days, you know, Yes, I mean they got their taste of Rogan and Rodney today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you got Freddy out there and Will Smith out there, Freddie Morogan, tayo oh oh, swinging the lumber, Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 2: Freddy Freeman, not Freddie Rogan.
Speaker 1: Tim has got only Kate's cares. And now for a segment that I've already lost interest in. Before this open is finished.
Speaker 4: I got three things for you guys last only Kate's Cares of the Week.
Speaker 3: Tim is leaving town like Matt left last.
Speaker 4: Going to Arizona for a few days boys event. And when I'm over there, probably gonna go to this place one slice, maybe three times. It is called swig, Matt, have you heard of it?
Speaker 3: Swig?
Speaker 2: Swig. It's like a swig.
Speaker 4: It's a dirty soda shop that have started in Salt Lake City, Utah, made their wave like that, and now in Arizona. Mike's hard Lemonade no alcohol. They're customizable non alcoholic drinks made by mixing soft drinks like a coke or Doctor pepper with flavored syrups like coconut or cherry, and then half and half or cream and then fresh lime juice. And then the Mormons out in Utah it's kind of started this. It's a non alcoholic drink, right, It's like a spiked soda is what they call it, without the alcohol. Well, now they've got places you can buy them. It's called swig. It's it's like a Dutch Brothers. They're popping up everywhere like salt.
Speaker 3: Bougie Mormon soft drink. Yeah exactly. They're not cheap, but they got just a loaded with sugar. How much am I paying for a time? Like a slurpeet a little bit more?
Speaker 2: It's a slurpee. I think it's just a straight soda that you put sugar syrup in.
Speaker 4: Find the one there. They're popular in Nevada. Let's see a menu here real quick. You kind of caught me off.
Speaker 3: Uh, all right, sorry, it's one I read.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean basic soda is a dollar fifty. You can get one for three bucks. They're not expensive, really, I guess. Okay, the base is about three bucks and you start adding stuff into it. I bring it up because there's a baseball tie to it. It's like the yogurt Land of soda. Oh yeah, sixteen, good ball sixteen.
Speaker 2: Customize it yourself, you know.
Speaker 4: The Salt Lake City Bees, the Triple A affiliated the Anaheim Angels have a new alternate identity on Wednesdays at home games. They'll be known as the Utah Utah Dirty Sodas, and they've got uniforms to go along with it. It's the way to celebrate the perfect blend of baseball and Utah's iconic dirty soda.
Speaker 5: Culture, right surprising. You know, the home of crumbled cookies. A cookie that's like eight hundred calories and five bucks.
Speaker 3: You got to make up your alcohol calories somewhere, right, And they have those things at the at the BYU Games. They're called cougartails, those big crazy donuts they make that everybody freaks out over. This is not new out there. Could you turn down the bad a little bit. We do have somebody who would comment on this, okay if we asked her.
Speaker 7: Don't hump people at the gym, don't hump people at church, don't have people in your neighborhood. Okay, don't hump your friends' spouses.
Speaker 3: You guys.
Speaker 7: We always use hump Day as a midweek reminder to keep it clean, okay, for lots of reasons.
Speaker 6: Number one, you got.
Speaker 7: To look at that person in the mirror every day and go, you know what, you're a good person. Way to go girl, Way to keep it clean.
Speaker 3: Also because we don't.
Speaker 7: Want anything crawling on us down there. That's very scary. And then have a little bit of fear of God of Hell. Okay, maybe God, maybe he might be mad at yet keep it clean today people, and I don't because I also really like Mike. I mean, he's my dude, he's my guy. He's the one that I chose to be with forever. So I'm just not going to do that for him because I think he's pretty awesome, even though he's sometimes.
Speaker 4: By the way, there's no locations in California. I would guess we drink's got it there, Vegas, Phoenix, St. George, Utah, Salt Lake City. There's forty in and around Salt Lake City.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna go get a dirty soda and put it on your fake Instagram that only your family can fudow?
Speaker 4: I'll put it on Twitter for you guys. How about that? Somebody can how that they're in Idaho. They're all everywhere in Texas, New Orleans, Arkansas. So none in California.
Speaker 5: Would have guessed that putting extra sugar in your sprite would be popular in the South. I couldn't have seen that coming.
Speaker 3: This is American.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're fat asses. This is a big.
Speaker 5: With this thirty grams of sugar in my sprite, right, I'd like to triple that.
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: You said something up underneath? You're only like Joe McDonald with the Lemons.
Speaker 4: You're always talking about opportunities with the Del Taco swig. That's the way to go the first one, Shirley Temple or Roy Rogers going.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's all this.
Speaker 5: Guess what that's We used to have a seven up and you'd put freaking sugar, syrup, grenadine in there and a Marachiano cherry.
Speaker 4: He's dirty soda, six hundred calories and one hundred grams of sugar. Jesus rams of sugar. So they'll be in Salt Lake City at the Triple A affiliate of the Angels. Matt, we need to talk about kind of like the exploding whales. That a thing I think so like it's a fun name for one night. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, that brings me to this one hundred grams of sugar that's like half a cup. Imagine having a drink and taking a half cup, putting it into your bag of Domino sugar and dump beat that.
Speaker 3: Like you know, it's the home of the crumble cookie.
Speaker 4: Yes, earlier got here a little early before the show and decided to go get a hot dog with Petros at the doghouse. He went to the dog we ordered sat down, order number seventeen at the one on Riverside Drive that used to be a Taco bell, sat there and waited for almost fifteen minutes for.
Speaker 3: The food to get more upset about this than I was.
Speaker 4: Then the young lady working brought food to the table next to us, and then it was our food. It was our food, but it got placed down. They looked at the food at least thirty seconds. A minute went by. Then the guy got up. He was like, I don't think this was our food, and the lady comes from behind the counter goes, oh, that's you, guys, number seventeen, and then handed it is that same plate of food that was in front of these people, but they didn't touch it. I don't know if they did or not. Have my back was to them, I couldn't see.
Speaker 3: I think they ate one of my tots.
Speaker 4: Now in this case, guys, is it fair? Is it fair? I'm gonna ask you this is this fair? Should we have said something like, hey, how about a free coupon for a dog? Free?
Speaker 3: Tots wanted something out of it.
Speaker 4: My guy's going across three lanes of traffic right here, you know about a little something across ran across three lanes have a little soup.
Speaker 2: On for putting this food on the wrong table.
Speaker 3: Well, I have to say, Matt, I do appreciate hot food, right, and I want that hot dog to be hot. It wasn't as hot as it would have been if I had it a minute before.
Speaker 4: And that cheese was cold on my cheese. Tots didn't cool. It wasn't very cool at all.
Speaker 2: Coagulated too, that wasn't correct.
Speaker 4: And all we got was, oh, I'm sorry about that, which was okay.
Speaker 3: It was profusely apologized.
Speaker 4: I mean, how about a coupon this says sorry for your inconvenience. We don't know if they took a tot out they may, but how about like a free dog off.
Speaker 3: That we should have got, like a fifteen dollars coupon?
Speaker 4: Oh, something like this is on the house, doghouse on the house for being thirty seconds late.
Speaker 3: Well it was differentbody else and he might have touched.
Speaker 2: One of my tops. He might have touched the top.
Speaker 4: I think he did. There was the top missing. It looked like from the top of the.
Speaker 3: Back, or it looked like I had somebody skimm my tots off the top, skimming off the top of the tops.
Speaker 2: Just said to the guy, Hey, did you guys touch the dude?
Speaker 3: He was like, I didn't talk. They said they didn't touch you. They said they didn't touch it.
Speaker 4: I don't believe them.
Speaker 3: The case wasn't happy, I can tell.
Speaker 4: So we only have time for two stories, dirty Sodas.
Speaker 2: And what's the third story?
Speaker 4: The third stories about the UFL and the rule changes.
Speaker 3: You want that, Matt. We got UFL rule chack, no.
Speaker 4: Touch push, no punting inside the fifty yard line three point yeah, receivers only need one foot in bounds. And then the big winnerbody's talking about is the sixty year field goal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's worth eight point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right. We could have left that one sit and just stuck with the You touched my thoughts.
Speaker 4: Dirty Sodas. Come on, Matt, you're always talking about opening up places. We missed the Dutch Brothers, you know phenomenon here.
Speaker 5: You're right, I did not think the Dutch Brothers was gonna take off in California. And I'll be damned if people aren't like, yeah, I'll take that. And that's seven thousand milligrams of caffeine.
Speaker 3: And that's sugary too, Matt. And you know alcohol is not as popular as it used to be with dirty people like us.
Speaker 4: There's three in Vegas seven and there's seven locations in Sane George, Utah alone.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, that's where they all want the sodas and the sweets. They don't drink the boo.
Speaker 4: There's ten in the Phoenix area in the Valley of the Sun and forty.
Speaker 3: You know what I heard a lot of people go on Craigslist and they meet the jump humpers that they hire outside of the dirty soda shops. Seriously, yeah, and then they go home and do the jump umping.
Speaker 5: SOAPA franchise fee forty grand. I'm in initial investment six hundred k to one point seven million. Got brought some money right for a soda shopper. If I'm going to open a soda shop, it's gonna be a traditional soda jerk.
Speaker 3: Hit our twenty one year. In our twentieth year, we tried to because soda jerks everything. What the hell?
Speaker 4: Just think of all the fat people out there, Matt, they want their sugar. Let's go.
Speaker 3: They have screaming fat cells that want the sugar.
Speaker 2: Bad Well, Hunter cakes, you do the probe.
Speaker 5: You're going to Arizona, hit up a swig, you know, taste a little bit of the menu there drinking, then.
Speaker 2: We'll know we're not supposed to franchise. The best is you.
Speaker 3: Can get it side.
Speaker 4: You can get a drink, and they also sell sugar cookies.
Speaker 2: Well, because that's what I need to pair with my dirty soda.
Speaker 3: Let me dip this cookie and soda like milk and cookies.
Speaker 4: Oh man, they got drinks that got mountain dew.
Speaker 3: Here's your gut walking out of there.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: There you go, only Kate scares.
Speaker 2: Your teeth have rotted out of your head. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Have you been doing method Feta means no, I'm just really into soda.
Speaker 5: I've been having the mountain dew whipped cream hot chocolate concoction every day.
Speaker 4: Your teeth is all rotten out like a meth head. What they got They got a whole thing of sweet treats here. They got the kids cookies and the chocolate strawberry cookies, and they got the cup of cookies, many chocolate chip cookies in a cup.
Speaker 3: My god, you know what I pissed at. I went out of the market the other day, and that's one thing to have the girl Scouts outside selling the cookies. It's another thing to give them a megaphone. You'll get you. Oh nice, Hey, it's like get away from me. You freaking out of watch your thin.
Speaker 5: Mince you in the brown tweet suits. You hit your samoas. Hey, you can't use the excuse. No, I got no cash on me.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Now do with the one on the motorcycle.
Speaker 3: I just smiling.
Speaker 4: We take zell Now we're good.
Speaker 3: I just smile and walk my legs a little faster. I'm gonna walk down the street get hit by a car trying to avoid them.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm a sucker for those. Hey you got any dose? He does? Of course we do. I'll take five boxes.
Speaker 3: I did eat a sleeve the other night when I came out there.
Speaker 2: That's the thing, man, it's the sleeves that get you. Take a disgust a sleep.
Speaker 3: No one eats one girl scout cookie gonna take a whole sleep.
Speaker 5: You eat a whole sleeve, even the shortbreads. I don't care if it's thirty cookies. I mean the whole damn sleeve.
Speaker 3: My sleeves are so long. Oh all right, we'll be right back with your heard number.
Speaker 2: Song of the day.
Speaker 6: M