Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham, the Great American, and welcome this Friday afternoon in the tri State. Of course, the Bengals are playing Sunday against the Lions, ten and a half point favorite, so Tony tells me they're going to lose by about twenty or thirty. That's a different story. Reds Baseball is now concluded. Yours, cheerly will be at the elder game tonight. I'm going asked by some of the elder faithful to show up, maybe speak to the team or speak to the cheerleaders one or the other before the big game in the pit. I will be there rather speak to the cheerleaders, I think, but nonetheless joining you and I now is Congressman Thomas Massey of Northern Kentucky. It took the place of Jeff what's his name. Jeff Davis was that guy's name about ten years ago and he's been in Congress for the last ten years. And Congressman Massey, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, Congressman, before we get onto the lockdown shutdown and they shut down the government, etc. And also the files, the Epstein files that you're involved with, I want to ask a question. Are you ready for a question? Early on?
Speaker 2: I'm ready. I'm ready for anything.
Speaker 3: Bill.
Speaker 1: You're like an eclectic guy. You remind me of Abraham Lincoln. You live off the grid, live by yourself, generate your own electricity, generate your own water systems. You're a scientist, you have patents on all this smart. In other words, you're a smart guy. You're almost autistic in a way because you're so smart. Why in the world are you in politics when you have these other skills? I don't get it. Why is Thomas Massey in politics?
Speaker 3: Look?
Speaker 4: I love fixing things that are broken, and this is the biggest thing that's broken in the world, and I still can't figure out how.
Speaker 3: To fix it.
Speaker 4: So the engineer in me is still trying to fix Congress.
Speaker 2: I guess that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Well, we're in the middle of this thing. There's going to be another vote pretty soon in the Senate, likely will go down. Can you explain to Tony Bender and Boone County what in the hell is happening? I watch all the morning shows, as I'm sure you do.
Speaker 3: Not.
Speaker 1: On one hand, the Democrats saying it's the Republicans, and the Republicans are saying the Democrats. The Democrats say, we don't want to fund healthcare for illegals. The Republicans saying, yes, you do. The Republicans say, we don't want to give billions of dollars to insurance companies on these ACAO Obamacare subsidies. The Democrats say, you're ruining health care for individuals who can't buy insulin. If you're a normal person watching the news, what do you get out of this? So can you, Thomas Massey? Can you tell us what the hell's going on in Washington just on this issue?
Speaker 2: Let me boil it down.
Speaker 4: First of all, ignore everything they're saying in the news, Okay, ignored what the Republicans in the House have passed and sent to the Senate was Joe Biden's budget last year. Okay, So I'm a little miffed that we've already surrendered this much that we've said. Okay, Trump got elected, but we're going to go with Joe Biden's budget again. That's what a continuing resolution does. It continues last year's budget every line item.
Speaker 2: So I didn't vote for it.
Speaker 4: There were two Republicans of the House that didn't vote for and one Republican.
Speaker 2: In the Senate who didn't vote for it. He's also from Kentucky.
Speaker 4: His name you can probably guess, wow, you are, like you're clairvoyant.
Speaker 1: I had on two days ago explaining why I had him on.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, then if your listeners weren't listening two days ago, I'll just update them.
Speaker 2: The Republican Continuing.
Speaker 4: Resolution, which is Joe Biden's budget, adds a trillion or two trillion dollars.
Speaker 2: To the deficit if we go with that.
Speaker 4: The Democrats offered an alternative in the Senate that adds three trillion to the deficit.
Speaker 2: Now, how does THEIRS add three.
Speaker 4: Trillion to the deficit, Well, it unrolls some of the cost cutting that happened in the Big Beautiful Bill on Medicaid.
Speaker 2: So there we all know there's some fraud in Medicaid.
Speaker 4: And there's a provision in the Big Beautiful Bill that passed earlier this year that says that illegals.
Speaker 2: Can't get medicaid.
Speaker 4: And so the Democrats actually they didn't target that one specific provision. They targeted everything, every cost saving measure in the Big Beautiful Bill. And so their version eliminates the provision that's supposed to stop the fraud for illegals.
Speaker 2: Now, do I know how many illegals we're getting healthcare?
Speaker 4: I have no idea, but and I suspect there were some in California and Massachusetts. And so if the Democrats were successful and in unrolling that effort to get rid of that fraud. Now, the state of California might not call it fraud, but if the Democrats are successful in doing that, then they would effectively be giving healthcare to illegal immigrants.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there's one person in the Senate that voted against the Trump position. There's two people in the House. You're one of the two. Is there something in the water or the air in Kentucky? Because the rest of the country says, you know what is putting another two trillion dollars? Said, what was the reason you voted no? When essentially you voted with in a sen Chuck Schumer and you voted with Nancy Pelosi.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, but here's the thing. My vote hasn't changed, and neither is Rand Paul's. When this was Joe Biden's budget, we were no. And then when they did a continuing resolution on it again in last December, we were no.
Speaker 2: And there were some Republicans with US.
Speaker 4: But now and the Democrats were a yes, but now that it's Trump as president, the Democrats don't want Joe Biden's budget because they think they can force Republicans to spend more by doing a shutdown. It's this, here's the simple version, Rand Paul and I want to spend less than the Republicans want to spend up there, and the Democrats want to spend more than.
Speaker 2: The Republicans want to spend up there.
Speaker 3: And what the.
Speaker 4: Republicans up there want to spend is the exact same amount that Joe Biden spent it. And by the way, if that is Trump's position, it's not a good position. It's not physically conservative, and it's also going to tie his hand going forward. I know he's going to try to individually not send the money to these certain departments.
Speaker 2: The problem is the courts will tie him up.
Speaker 4: They'll say, well, listen, Congress voted for Joe's Biden's budget again, and you signed that budget.
Speaker 2: And that's going to be hard to beat in court.
Speaker 4: When he starts not you know, tries to say I'm not going to send the money to USAID or I'm not going to send the money to public you know, broadcastings, because that's the other thing that gets that's not being discussed in the news because because the Republicans don't want to discuss it and the Democrats don't either. All the Doge cuts are undone by the bill that the Republicans have put on the floor. Like the Doge cuts only last for the year that they were done. You would think if we thought they were wasteful enough that we took them out of the budget last year, we wouldn't put them back in the budget this year.
Speaker 2: But that's what Republicans are doing.
Speaker 1: If Republicans do it, we have no shot. What So how much pressure do you get from Speaker Johnson or from Donald Trump and his alcoholtes. You're the one Republican often on the other side of the administration, and your commercials are ubiquitous. I see them everywhere, and I said you off the air. I may be married to a woman, and maybe not my personal situation you might have, you might have somebody on the side. In a sense, I sense that I love Donald Trump, but I also love what you're doing because you're so independent and you think differently. And how much pressure are you under from Mike Johnson, the Republicans and Donald Trump, because most most Republicans would buckle, but Thomas Massey will not buckle.
Speaker 4: How much pressure, Well, they've they've intensified the pressure on me for this simple reason, not that they think they can change me. Look, they've spent two and a half million dollars of negative ads against me. What they want to do is whip me to keep the others in line. So if you're a member of the Freedom Caucus and this budget is against everything you ever campaigned on, but you're being pressured to vote for it, what you do is you look over there in northern Kentucky and you look at the ads being run against Congressman Massy, and you go, man, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know if I could take that kind of heat.
Speaker 4: So the reason they're spending all that money against me on these negative ads is to keep the other horses in the barn.
Speaker 2: And frankly, it's working on the other horses. It was never meant to work on me. They know they can't change me.
Speaker 4: And by the way, I'm being consistent, I'm the one up there who hasn't changed.
Speaker 1: To well, Alicia, you know, if you get defeated, which I think is quite unlikely. But nonetheless, will you go down on principle or will you ever collapse and say, Okay, we're going to keep spending two borrowing an additional two trillion dollars every year? Those are the physically conservative Republicans doing that. Well you if you lose your seat, are you good with that?
Speaker 4: Here's the one thing I want is whenever I leave Congress, whether I get beaten in an election or whether I retire, at some point, I want to sit on my porch here in Kentucky and have no regrets.
Speaker 2: Especially if everything's going to hell in a.
Speaker 4: Handbasket like I said it would, I want to be here and say I told them so. And I don't want to lose sleep over having sold out, because I'm not going to sell out. So that's, you know, that's the thing that I think about the most. Whether I win this cycle or not this cycle, I'm going to have no regrets. I am fighting for the people of northern Kentucky, and frankly, I think doing what the other congressmen promised their constituents they would do, which is to try to balance the freaking.
Speaker 1: Budget impossible if physically conservative Republicans run two trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see, and the Democrats want to spend three trillion dollars every year in deficit spending. We have no shot. How do you see this playing out in five or ten years when it's up to fifty trillion dollars or sixty trillion dollars? Kind of give me the future. I may be with you in three or four or five years, you'll be around them. I think I'll be. I'm not sure how will this play out within the next ten years.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I used to say Bill, I used to say this debt as we're saddling our grandkids with it.
Speaker 2: But I realized that's what they want me to say.
Speaker 4: I realized people are okay, thinking your grandkids will have the debt.
Speaker 2: What they will not tell you is we don't have to.
Speaker 4: Wait five or ten years to see what's going to happen when you run deficits this high.
Speaker 2: We're feeling it right now.
Speaker 4: The inflation is all caused because we are monetizing our debt. The high interest rates are caused because the government's the biggest borrower of money and they're pushing up the interest rates. The fact can't even lower the interest rates on your mortgage right now, maybe they could lower it to percent or something. They can't get it any lower than that, because it's the fair market, the free market.
Speaker 2: It's the four.
Speaker 4: Sovereign wealth funds that normally would buy our debt who aren't buying it anymore, who are saying that four and a half percent is not a good deal because you're going to pay me back in dollars, and we know you're going to deflate the dollar, you're going to devalue the dollars. So we're not even going to take four and a half percent. We want more than that. So just to sum it all up, the debt, we don't have to wait five or ten years to see what happens when you spend two trillion dollars you don't have.
Speaker 2: We're already feeling it.
Speaker 4: Your dollar's worth twenty percent less than it was four years ago. If you haven't got a twenty percent raise, you are making less money effectively than you were four years ago.
Speaker 1: Congressman Thomas Massey I compare it to like a Indianapolis five hundred race car with a parachute on the back, which is all we're going slower and slower and slower because of the debt and the deficit. At some point it's going to hit the wall. And when when that thing hits the wall, and we're spending right now over a trillion dollars a year in interest on the national debt, a trillion dollars a year, at some point it's going to be two trillion dollars a year, in which case describe the American economy at that point.
Speaker 4: Well, here's here's what's going to break the camel's back is when we lose our reserve status as a currency because we can monetize our debt as we have done, printed trillions of dollars out of thin air, and it still works because we are diluting dollars that foreign countries hold. Like the world loves the dollar and they love to buy things with dollars, but to buy things with dollars, you've got to have dollars in your bank, so they hold it as their reserve currency to stabilize their own money.
Speaker 2: And we take three percent of it back.
Speaker 4: Every year, just like a credit card doing a transaction fee. We take three percent of it back because we're monetizing our debt and devaluing their holdings. This all collapses when we lose our reserve status and there are fewer and fewer countries using the dollar as their medium of exchange. And that's when it's going to hit the wall.
Speaker 2: And what will happen is you'll, if.
Speaker 4: It doesn't totally collapse, what will happen is we'll have to balance the budget that day.
Speaker 2: Nobody will loan this money.
Speaker 4: People will be hauling their paychecks to Kroger's in a wheelbarrow of cash. And because it'll just the inflation will hit us huge and interest rates will be high. We'll have stagflation like we saw, like we saw in the late seventies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, awful, And there's no way out of it. And it's going to happen. And we argue about should illegals get free medical care? That's the big issue. Hey, If we spend in twenty twenty six the same amount of money we spend in the year twenty twenty, we would have a balanced budget. In fact, we'd have a surplus. We cannot go back to levels of spending of twenty twenty correct.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 4: Thank you for pointing this out, because I'm sure Ran Paul said this and I forgot to say this what you people say, all right, you don't like the Republican plan, this two trillion dollar deficit, you don't like the Democrat plan, three trillion dollar deficit.
Speaker 2: What's your plan? Our plan is the penny plan.
Speaker 4: And it used to be the case when Rand and I first got elected a decade ago, if you would just cut everything one percent every year and five years, you could balance the budget.
Speaker 2: It is no longer the case.
Speaker 4: As brand may have told you, you have to cut six pennies out.
Speaker 2: Of every dollar for five years to.
Speaker 4: Get us back to those twenty twenty levels where we would be balanced.
Speaker 2: And that's our plan. We've offered various forms, amendments, we've we've offered it that way, we've offered.
Speaker 4: It as straight up bills, and it's just they aren't getting the message in Washington, d C. But the people back home, I'm telling you, you're filling it in the in the inflation and the interest rates. And the Republicans want to blame Democrats, and Democrats want to blame Republicans, but they're all to blame because they both want deficit spending.
Speaker 1: You know, when I have ound representatives of the two up administration, they say, the moneys from the tariffs, which are billion, hundreds of billions of dollars, and the moneies that are going to be extra income from all the income taxes paid by foreign entities moving their factories back to America are going to be such huge amounts of money we can pay off the debt and deficit. Do you believe that?
Speaker 4: No, because I'm talking to the factories in northern Kentucky and here's what you're telling me. They say, well, because Congress hasn't put these into law. Remember the tariffs on automobiles. There's there's tariffs on automobiles and trucks that did incentivize Toyota and Honda to put factories here.
Speaker 2: Those were passed by Congress, okay.
Speaker 4: Which meant that they could reasonably expect it would still be the same US policy in a few years, and so they did move resources to America and it did help some companies here.
Speaker 2: These particular tariffs they change every day.
Speaker 4: The Congress has never voted on them, right, And so what I'm hearing from the fact is they say, well, we don't know if this incentive to locate our stuff here is.
Speaker 2: Going to be permanent, but what we do know is if we.
Speaker 4: Go buy more stamping machines to stamp steel to make seats for the.
Speaker 2: Ford cars here in Kentucky.
Speaker 4: We got to buy those from Mexico, the machines that make the seats, and there's a fifty percent tariff. We're not expanding when you've put so the tariff is so high we can't even bring the equipment to the United States to expand.
Speaker 1: Well, you're making too much sense. But we're living on borrow time, which I've said for last twenty years. I said years ago, Thomas Massi that the two things that destroy America will be open southern borders. If we had Kamala Harrison the White House now, we'd have ten to twenty million more and we'd be out of business. Secondly, as an accumulated national debt, which is thirty seven trillion, and the Republican plan in five years is they have that at fifty trillion and the Democratic plan is at sixty trillion. Either way, we can service the debt. When we're not the reserve currency anymore, We're going to need a wheelbarrow to buy a loaf of bread. And the day is coming and I guess we're powerless to stop it. You're one of four hundred and thirty five. Rampaul is one of one hundred, and if we can't do it with Trump, guess what we can never do it? Would you agree?
Speaker 2: I would agree.
Speaker 4: This is once in a lifetime opportunity. We've got the House, the Senate. I know it's hard to get sixty votes in the Senate, but you can do reconciliation with fifty one votes.
Speaker 2: And we've got the White House.
Speaker 4: We may lose the House here obviously, and thankfully Trump.
Speaker 2: I agree. By the way you said before you somebody you know loves me and loves Trump.
Speaker 4: It's possible to love us vote and he's going to be the president for another three years and three months. The problem is we're probably going to lose this unique opportunity in time. It's very likely we use the House, lose the House of Representatives majority soon in the next midterm, and we will miss the chance.
Speaker 2: To make the stuff permanent.
Speaker 4: The President could still do executive orders and nibble around the edges, but it will all be temporary because they'll undo that when the White House changes.
Speaker 1: Well, I find myself a Trump supporter and a Massy supporter, which is kind of odd, but we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Well good. I don't think it's a I don't think it's an odds.
Speaker 4: I campaigned on the same thing he campaigned on. I'm just holding her feet to the fire up there.
Speaker 1: Thomas Massey, you're a great American. Thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Congressman, thank you and keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Bill. We'll do god Bosh.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more news next and coming up later is Leland Vitdert who has autism and how parents should deal with it. Bill Cunningham, seven hundred WLW by forty three minutes after the hour, Billy Cunningham, the Great America. Let's set up the rest of today's big show. At one o'clock today, Leland Vitdert will be here and the book is to my right. It's his book called Born Lucky. His nickname is Lucky and unbeknownst to him until he was about eighteen years old, unbeknownst to me, Leland Vintert has autism and he's had autism, of course since the day he was born. And this book details his journey from an autistic kid that suffered vicious bullying and schools, went to different schools in different times. Got through it all because of his mom and dad. Mainly his father took control of the situation and Leland Vinterton is now a prime news anchor every Monday through Friday night on News Nation. Before that, he spent about fifteen years on Fox reporting from the Middle East. Knocked me over with a feather. I did not know until recently that he has autism and he's living with it. He's a high attaining individual, shall we say, But the hell he went through and what his parents had to do to get him through is an incredible story. So if you have a family member, if you're autistic, if you know as a grandparents, a mom and dad, uncle, Awne, how do you handle this? Please circulate the idea that after one oh five today, my guest is going to be Leland Vitner to talk about autism and how he overcame and still overcomes autism. Recently married and I met him years ago through Fox and we just happened to find ourselves in Naples, Ford together over the winter about seven eight months ago, and he invited me to lunch at a certain club in town. I went there, I met his mom, met his dad, met his sister, and met at that point his fiance Penny and I were there and had a great little lunch an hour and a half and left. And I told him about a week ago when we discussed coming on this Friday afternoon, that I wish I had known what your father had done for you and what your mom had done for you. That's unique in all the world. And he said, well, at that point, my family wasn't ready to disgorge what I went through to overcome to a large extent autistic behaviors. He didn't speak till he was after three years old, had profound difficulties, including a so called lazy eye. He tested in some ways off the charts and the other he tested fifty IQ points. And it was all there in the nineteen eighties when he was raised, and the nineteen eighties autism isn't wasn't then what autism is today. One in thirty one, one in thirty one born today, or autistic. And there's got to be a reason it's now been politicized, and that when the Trumpet administration wants to seek a cause and a cure and treatment, they're being criticized by the mainstream media and the Democratic Party. And that's said because I can't imagine why there's so many increases in autism and other attention deficit disorders now that didn't exist for decades. There's a reason behind it. I don't know what it is, Tyland, Oh hell, I don't know. Is it aspirn I don't know. Is there microwaves? I don't know. Is it plastics? I don't know. They're trying to find out, and when they try to find out, the Democratic Party criticizes Donald Trump about anything. And then we find out the last few days that the Biden administration targeted conservatives, including Charlie Kirk, for surveillance. That's the surveillance state put out by the Democratic Party because there was no president because of his mental problems, and whoever was in charge of the agencies under Joe Biden simply went after individuals they could go after because they could. And now this is coming to light and it never hits the mainstream media. That's why you have to listen to talk radio. Secondly, Brian Combs had this story about State of Ohio versus Devon Markham eighteen years old. You might recall a couple of weeks ago, there was a team of very popular team killed in OTR about two weeks ago, and Devon Markham has now been charged with that murder of that boy. You recall how upset family members were. He was well known in the area. He's a teenager who was shot down like a dog by Devon Markham. And so some research has been done on Devon Markham. By the way, he's now eighteen years old and he's in jail finally on a million dollar bomb bond. You might recall all summer long police have been saying over time. You might recall the Sheriff's department came on Charmaine McGuffey normally doesn't patrol downtown Cincinnati issued over three hundred citations over a thirty day period of individuals otherwise would not have been cited. That violent crime is soaring in the Central Business District and OTR it so at least forty percent, might be more than that after all the recent shootings. Of course, there was another two of more last night, and the boys shot here were twelve years old and fifteen, so we're talking about a sixth grader and a freshman. Likely not in school Thursday night, shot on East mcmickon near Grand Park. They were about twenty five shots fired. The two are wounded. They're likely to live, were told by Shari Pulolo They're likely to live. Twelve years old running around victimized by someone. Don't know who did it yet they found a car nearby and wanted Hills connected to the shooting investigation and the blood running in the streets of Cincinnati as the mayor is cutting ribbons and the vice Mayor lemon Kearney saying we don't need any more help here, get rid of the highway patrol that never really started. But the story of Devon Markham is common. You might recall yesterday I had on Judge Josh Berkowitz who sounded the alarm. You know how difficult it is for a sitting judge in Hamlet the county to stand up and say I will speak about what's happening inside our courtrooms. And Judge Burkowitch yesterday spoke and said about half the judges here come out of the restorative justice move the reparations movement, and as a consequence, we don't deal with people now based upon their behavior, which is you know that the goal is the behavior we deal with race and gender issues is if an eighteen year old boy a murderer should not be dealt with harshly because of his race and I guess his gender being a black mail. So the restorative justice movement says that if you can't don't have the money to post a bond, you should get out anyway. It's not fair if you're a criminal and don't have discernible assets, it can't go to a bail bondsman like Shropshire and post up ten percent then they post a bond for you. It's not fair that these gang bangers and murderers and drug druggers and the burglars and those who are breaking the car should have a bond set at all, because restorative justice says, if you don't have the money to post a bond, you should get out. Just sign your name in the state of Ohio versus Devon Markham. He was the one charging charged with killing the murdering of the sixteen year old two weeks ago in an OTR the history of this kid. We're learning now that he was on probation at the time of felony gun charges. When a new case got before Judge Allison Hathaway, and that name is well known here in the newsroom. She worked here for many years, Alison Hathaway, along with Rachel and bridget Nally. She was Alison Ali Hathaway and yours truly issued. You have to get three recommendations to go to law school, and I was one of the three. I said. I related to the fact that she cared about the news, cared about the stories, et cetera. She went to law school, got into the public Defender's office, and now she's sitting on Common Police Court as a judge. And Judge Josh Berker, which talked about these judges almost victimized by the law school in colleges that they attend. They're indoctrinated with a fullilosophy of restorative justice and reparations and no cash bonds get people out of jail. We have four hundred beds available in Hamny County Jail to accept individuals who can't get out because they have used guns to commit offenses, but the judges give them no cash bonds. One of the persons in their teenage years was Devon Markham, now charge of murdering a sixteen year old two weeks ago over the ruine. He was on probation by Judge Hathaway. My friend and I visited with her in her courtroom about three months ago to talk with her find a fine woman, and she put them on probation on a previous gun charge. Well, why would this eighteen year old boy walk around with guns? Do you think is to commit crime? In this particular case, Judge Allison Hathaway, sitting as I speak in Common Police Court, ordered mister Markham to get a job. That's so unique. How about work a job. You have to enroll in the behavioral modification program approved by the Probation Apartment and you have to regularly report to your PO, your probation officer. So she said, Okay, you're a bum, you're a derelict. You're well known to the juvenile court system where Judge Kerry Bloom and juvenile court always because the restorative justice put these kids on probation, said okay, we're going to give you another chance. Because of the order of Judge Allison Hathaway. My friend that the defendant, Devon Marken was available to kill that sixteen year old boy named TJ. Bell near Grand Park and over the rine fourteen days ago. So while on probation, he did not get a job. Well, on probation, he did not enroll in behavior modification, and he did not report to his probation officer. So what happened was a probation, a PV issued, no probation violation, No PO said the hell with it, nothing happens anyway, Well, still continue that life of crime. He murders TJ.
Speaker 3: Bell.
Speaker 1: And the person who allowed this to happen in a sense was Judge Allison Hathaway, my friend who came out of the restorative justice movement, who's now a judge, and she'll be on the bench for decades to come unless she's voted out of office, because she thinks, if you're a black male, you get two, three, four or five chances to shoot people until you're locked up. Now he's under a one million dollar cash bond. Now he'll be dealt with. But TJ. Bell is dead. What do you say to his family? So the judges of the Democrat Liberal Party who believe in quote restorative justice bring about the circumstances that hurt their own community. These individuals aren't running around Westchester or Boone County. They're a OTR the central Business District price Ill and they're killing people. They're breaking into cars, breaking into homes, making life miserable, and liberal Democratic judge in him in the county allow.
Speaker 6: It to occur. Should you get fired up by this? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Will you? I don't think so. The history is not good in this regard. And I give great credit to Judge Josh Burker, which who stood up yesterday and said I can't take it anymore. I'm going to report to the American people what is happening in our urban court system. And it's bad. It's hurting the individuals that these judges represent. Let's continue after one o'clock today we'll be Leland Viddert and we have more scheduled coming up. And I continue to like judge I call her ally Alison Hathaway. She's well intended. She's almost victimized by the colleges and the law schools that she went through. Believe in this left wing crap that results in the killing of those who vote for her. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred ww my Bill Cunningham, the Great America and one of the persons in big time media I've had the pleasure of meeting is Leland Vitters spent years and years with at Fox News in the Middle East and then came back News Nation has been an anchor there for several years and the evening Monday through Friday. And I did not know. I had the good fortune of meeting Leland Vivertert and his family in Naples about a year or two ago and his new bride and now they're married, and I thought, what a wonderful family. Had no idea that Leland Viverdert was diagnosed with autism at a rather young age, but to not discover it himself to it was eighteen or nineteen years old. He just turned forty three years old, a relatively young man. And the book is out which is fabulous. It is called Born Lucky, which I read last week, is two times sell out on Amazon. It's in his third printing. And if you have a friend, a family member, a grandson, a daughter, or anyone in conducted in your life that has a disability, this is the book that you must read, called Born Lucky. And Leland's nickname is Lucky. And just looking at the cover of the book with his dad and Leland when he was about I guess about a year old. It's just a wonderful picture of love between a father and a son. And Leland Vedert, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And normally, Leland, we deal with politics, what's happening with the doings in Washington politically, who's up, who's down? But I want to spend most of this time with you on the book Born Lucky, and I want to jump ahead, which is not the normal thing for me. On page one sixty six, I made a note and uh, it says on it this is when you're in the Middle East in Jerusalem.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 1: Then came the real shock. A month and a half into my time in Israel, my dad had a heart attack. Because it was Jam Kippor, the country had effectively been shut down. I couldn't get a flight home. I was stuck, helpless, relying on second hand updates from mom. I finally saw my dad briefly in November and Florida when I took my first home. Lead was there at that point jumping ahead, a complete sense on your part of failing in a sense to be the son that you should have been your father because of your job.
Speaker 5: Wow, we went deep quick Bill. So yeah, I think when I was there in Israel, realizing that I couldn't be there for him the way he had been there for me for fifteen years every day when I got home from school, putting me back together, it was really difficult to sit there in Jerusalem and not know and not be able to get home. So absolutely, and I think what you're picking up on in why I felt that way is the absolute devotion that Dad had to me, to the point that he didn't tell anybody about my diagnosis. He didn't tell me until I was in my twenties. He didn't tell any therapist, he didn't tell any principally, he didn't tell any teacher. He went on a one man mission, was supported unbelievably by my mother to adapt me to the world rather than the world to me. And I think there's so many parents who are told right now, look, you know, we're going to give your kid all these accommodations. It's going to make LIFs great, it's going to make life easier, on and on and on. And what Dad said was that if Lucky doesn't understand how to be in the real world now, he's not going to understand later. So this was his driving force, was to adapt me to the world and rather than try to take the adversity away, hold my hand through that adversity.
Speaker 1: Did you feel you should have known this when you were fifteen? And the book relays terrible bullying that you went through. You didn't fit in, it was awkward, you were beat upon, it was terrible in school. Your father would at the end of the day, you'd go home and he had to put you back together. Did you feel your dad should have told you earlier that you had autism?
Speaker 5: You know, Bill know, And here's why. This whole idea from my father was that I don't want anyone to define you by a diagnosis, and I don't want you to define yourself by the diagnosis, and I don't want you to use it as an excuse ever.
Speaker 7: And I think that was a.
Speaker 5: Very powerful, powerful feeling that my dad instilled in me. So, you know, I am just so grateful to him. And I think this book, I think born Lucky, and the reason it's getting the response it's getting online and on social media, and as you pointed out, sold out twice on Amazon. I don't want any of your listeners to get in a car accident. But when you get to wherever you're going, go to Amazon and order it now before it sells out again. If you want to read it is because this is hope for every parent of a kid who's having a hard time. It doesn't matter if it's autism or ADHD or anxiety or difficulties with bullying, whatever it is. This is proof of what parents can do for their kid to really help them grow, develop, be confident, understand how they can take on the world, get through the bullying, all of the things that are challenges that the experts don't ever tell parents.
Speaker 7: This is what you can do.
Speaker 1: Growing up. You say, there were little signs that I was different. I felt I was different. I didn't speak until I was three years old, not a word. At some point a teacher said to your mom and dad, quote, you need to have Lucky evaluated. Did your parents have an inkling? But we're talking about the mid to late nineteen eighties. Autism then isn't as aware as autism today in twenty twenty five. How did that information hit your mom and dad. You were probably too young to realize that you have to get to Lucky that you evaluated. How did your mom and dad really?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was five years old. They took me to one of those little medical office buildings and sent me off to the testing with some woman. And they're sitting there, you know, a little waiting room with the old magazines and the stale coffee. And the woman comes back, brings my parents into a conference room and says, look, there is a lot going on in his head and we don't really understand it. So major behavioral issues. You know, if a kid would touch me in the lunchline, I'd turn around and slug them, and couldn't wear certain clothes because the sensory issues and all sort of the classic signs of what we now know to be autism didn't speak till I was three. It's completely unable to understand any kind of social cues or social emotions, human interaction. And then there were big learning disabilities. Right, So I had an IQ test, two halves of an IQ test. A twenty point spread between the two halves is a learning disability. I had a seventy point spread. They'd never seen anything like it. And if you could measure my emotional intelligence by EQ, it would have been near freezing. So this is when the woman says to my dad, we don't really understand what's going on inside his head and there's not much you can do about it. And my dad goes, is there anything we can do anything? And she said no, generally not. So this is the story of what mom and dad did and what dad did after that. And you know, Bill, you made a great point. You and I had lunch together down in Naples. My dad was there, and you said, you know, you wish you'd known he didn't tell anybody, and he's been very reluctant to tell this story. When we wrote More and Lucky, I was interviewing him, and every story we got to he would say, do we really want to tell that story? And I'd say, try to talk them through it and why it was important. And finally I made a deal with my said book. I said, we can't do this.
Speaker 7: You're going to be completely candid.
Speaker 5: And open with me. I'm going to write the manuscript and if you don't like it, I won't turn it in.
Speaker 7: Okay, And I don't really I didn't really have.
Speaker 5: A plan if he said no, But anyway, I gave him a manuscript and he read it and he goes, I don't know. This is really way too personal. You know, these are these are the worst parts of your life. Now you never told anybody you didn't go to therapy. Now you're gonna go to therapy on national television, right, Hey, Yeah, let me ask it this way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please go ahead.
Speaker 5: If if in that waiting room when I was diagnosed, that little office, rather than the woman saying there's nothing you could do, she handed you born Lucky, she handed you this book. What would you have done? He said, Well, I would have read it every week, he said. I can't tell you how much I would have paid for that book, because it would have given me hope that I can make a real difference in your life.
Speaker 1: Did your mom and dad feel as if they failed you by producing a child with this profound disability? Did they feel like, what did we do wrong?
Speaker 5: It's a great question. I don't think they ever felt that way. I think certainly now with the debate around autism, it's so important for parents to know it's not their fault. And that's really, I think, such an important message and one that really needs to be said over and over and over again. No parent would wish this on their child. No parent wants their child to have a hard time. And you know, I think it's so wonderful now that we are beginning to have an honest conversation about the cause of autism and why, as you pointed out, when I was diagnosed with what we now know to be autism, it was one in a thousand or one in fifteen hundred kids, and now it's one in thirty one, three times as for boys higher in poor minority community, and finally we're having an honest conversation about it.
Speaker 1: George Weyll and A four which says Leland's story is one of adventure, exploration, and discovery first and foremost from beginning to nats about the mountain moving power of parental love. I can only think of the millions and millions of kids that are now in their mid forties as you are, and going through the bullying in school they're going through right now, that go through a living hell because they did not have your parents. They had normal parents that said, you know what, we're going to get him some help and the ups and downs of life. And I can't imagine, I mean lucky that is you, Leland Vitter coming home from school, beaten, bloodied, in a sense, psychologically, sometimes physically, and your mom and dad puts you back together, then send you back to school at some point when when you were ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, you probably had the ability to say, no, I'm not going back to school. I can't take it anymore. You can you relate to an autistic kid right now, who's thirteen, fourteen, fifteen. It doesn't want to conform live, it doesn't want to confront life.
Speaker 5: I did, I didn't a lot of times, and my dad would sit there, you know, Bill one of the Stories and Born Lucky. I'm in eighth grade art class and there's art, art on the walls.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 5: It's none of this are going to be Picasso, right, But this art teacher didn't like me very much, and he's sit in front of the entire class. You know, if I was, if my age the line from him was in front of the entire class, if my dog was as ugly as you vitter, I would shave its rear end and make it walk backwards for the entire class. Ooh, imagine what that does to a kid. So I walked home that night and my dad was waiting for me. At the end of the driveway as he always was, and he says, you know what happened today? And I said, I was just you know, humiliated, and just you know, this is awful. And he would sit with me for a couple of hours every night, listening to me, letting me take out my frustrations and my anger and my difficulty. And he would then leave my room as I had cried and yelled and everything else, and he would go downstairs and oftentimes, and we now know this as we wrote the book, or I know it now, he would sit there in the living room by himself and cry in the dark. And the next morning, no, he would get me up and he would take me back to school, because he said, the only way for you to get through this and to know that you can operate in the real world is to face this adversity head on and to learn how to adapt and overcome. Now, what he didn't say to me is that middle school is great training for a Washington newsroom.
Speaker 7: But it is.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's go back to this. So a teacher said to you, leyland Vetter, you were so ugly. If I had a dog, I would shave his butt and make the dog walk backwards. That had to be. He didn't say, bud, but yes, yes, devastating, devastating, And your father said, did their father confront that teacher? I can't imagine the rage your dad and your mom, Carol must have felt when a teacher says that to you. Did did they confront him or not?
Speaker 2: Or her?
Speaker 1: The school?
Speaker 5: The school did and he ended up apologizing didn't didn't do me a lot of good, because you know, it was clear and really put it in the book was it was illustrative of that. It wasn't just the kids, it was the adults, right. It was the principal who called my parents in two weeks into my time in this new school. I'd already been taken out of two schools because things had been so bad, and they called my parents in and sit them down and said, you know what, everybody at this school thinks Lucky's really weird. And then the woman followed up and frankly, I do too. So two arrows through my parents' hearts, and it was illustrative of both how different I was right as a kid, and also what they were facing and how isolated my parents felt, and obviously how isolated and alone so many families feel. You know, Bill, the reason Born Lucky's doing so well, if you want to call it that there's so much interest, isn't because of me. It is my story, but it's not about me. It's about giving this hope to parents who for so long have been told there's no hope and things are hopeless.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you owe your mom and dad?
Speaker 5: Well, I think the answer is a lot, obviously. And the reason Bill, one of them that I wanted to write this book now is to say thank you, because you know, my dad's getting older. He's seventy nine, I think seventy eight, and it was only fair I thought to let him know that I understood the sacrifices made and just how grateful I am to him, and how grateful I am to my mom. You know, Dad wrote the afterward, which I think is the best part.
Speaker 7: The second best part is George Will's forward.
Speaker 5: And I'm the two hundred and forty pages in the middle. But Dad wrote the afterward, and if he rightly pays, you know, homage to my mother and says she is the real hero here for keeping not only Lucky together, but him. My dad threw all this, you know, this was a whole of family affair, and we talk about how hard it is for siblings in this position. Or my little sister who was in kindergarten. You read this, Bill, I would in fifth grade walk to her classroom and pick her up, and we both went to the same school and then walk home through the woods and we would get to the back of the pe fields at this school. And she said that her first memory of her brother, she was in kindergarten with me every time, getting to those woods and starting to cry and walking her home and her holding my hand. So it shows the cruelty of growing up in what it's like. And I think Bill, you picked up on this is that we made a conscious decision in the book. We didn't use the names of anybody who was mean to me, right, and we use the names of everybody who is nice, because it's a lesson not just to parents but to everybody of what a difference people can make in the life of a kid who's having a hard time.
Speaker 1: Leyland Vetter, how do you process the meanderings of the Department of Health and Human Services Trumpet administration to find the causes of autism? Since you have it, do you have more interest Do you think it is Tyler and all, what do you think?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 1: You don't know because you're a news.
Speaker 5: Will yeah, here you go.
Speaker 7: Okay, guess what, Bill, I don't have.
Speaker 5: A medical degree. I'm not a doctor, and I am not a scientist, and I have the chemistry degrees to prove chemistry grades to prove it.
Speaker 7: Okay, So I'm not going.
Speaker 5: To talk about dosing of tailano, and I shouldn't because I don't have an expertise in it. What I will say, and what I think is so important to say, is thank god we are having this conversation now, and it really frosts me that there are people who would rather score political points than help solve the scientific question of our time. And I have said this before, which is you. I really want to say to these people, do you really hate Trump? Would you really rather score political points on Trump more than you love our kids? Because I grew up with autism, I know what it's like. I know the hell that millions of kids and millions of families are going through. And if we can find an answer to this problem, it will be a wonderful and miraculous thing.
Speaker 1: One out of every thirty one. And I want to end this by referencing on page two forty two what your dad's advice to others would be. I really do not know what was ahead, who could help, or if the verdict would be just give up.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: The purpose of this book is to offer hope, real hope. Here are the principles I wrote down for myself when Lucky that You was diagnosed. One, have no expectations of the future. Two, under no circumstances, let your child feel they've ever disappointed you, ever under any circumstances. Three you are the depository of their hurt, their frustration, and their humiliation. And four tell them that they have the right stuff for life. That the currency of high school, etc. Is not the currency of life. There are many more years after six years of junior high and high school. And I read it last week. I'm going to save it. I'm going to, with your permission, play this interview in a few months. Nothing's going to change by between now and then. But the book is out. It's called Born Lucky. The picture on the cover is enough to get one to read it and to pass it around. Leland VETTERTI watch many nights on News Nation, and it's amazing your life. The most amazing part of you as your mom and dad. But Leland, we got to run once again. We'll do it again. And God bless you and thank you. Give a big hug to your dad and a kiss for your mother for me, because they're very very special people. There will be in the arms of God Almighty they will. Bill, Thank you, God bless you. Leland Fitter News Nation, Wow, what a story. Get the book Born Lucky, Bill Cunningham seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: What's clear is that the Democrats' actions account to an intentional sabotage of our country and our people by shutting down our government. This madness must end. President Trump and Republicans are calling on Democrats to reopen the government immediately on behalf of the American public.
Speaker 5: All we need are five.
Speaker 8: Democrat senators to do the right thing and to stop this shutdown. Call your Democrat senator and tell them to vote yes to reopen the government.
Speaker 1: He hello, by it and I'm spokes I'm broadcasting segment. I have a report here from the family.
Speaker 7: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: I often reference a man named Gordon Veterino. Yes, and he was my first coach of great significance, legendary sportsman yes, and I always reference Gordon Veterino when it comes to the fundamentals of football, basketball, or baseball. Correct. And he's going to turn ninety years old on Tuesday of next week. Okay, I want you to clear out one thirty pm Tuesday, October the seventh. He'll be here. I am told by his entourage that Gordon Veterino, who I often reference, will be here Tuesday at one thirty to celebrate his ninetieth Thursday. How about that? So write that down right? You got? How about that? Will?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Secondly, yeah, I put this on my ex account. I want to get your reaction. Okay, so far I've gotten about twenty five thousand. This is what I said last night late. In a way, the Reds don't have a settled position player other than at the catcher position. But Clain needs to earn his position at second, Ellie needs to switch to the outfield, Hayes at third over Sal, I don't think so. First base? Who knows freedom and center? So the Reds trade Green? So next year, who's the Reds first baseman? My point? How about second base? I guess Matt McLean and South Stewart will be there. Who's it? Short. If Ellie's out in the outfield, who's it short?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: You got you know Edwin Warrios. They got more shortstops than who's at third at anybody well could have You could be keyth Brian Hayes and South Stewart.
Speaker 1: All right, but you don't know. I don't know who's in left.
Speaker 6: The only guy that knows is probably Terry Francona.
Speaker 1: Not as funny as my name.
Speaker 5: Sebastian didn't.
Speaker 6: Yes, on the Saint Louis.
Speaker 1: He we have who's on first? What's on second? I don't know he's on third. That's what I want to find out. I want you to tell you name fellows name. I'm telling you who's.
Speaker 3: On first, what's on second?
Speaker 2: I don't know it's on third?
Speaker 1: You know the fellow's names?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Well, then who's playing first?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean the fellow's name on first base? The fellow player first base for Saint Louis? Who the guy on first base?
Speaker 3: Who is on first?
Speaker 1: His names?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 1: What he asking me for? I'm not asking you.
Speaker 3: I ain't telling you who is on first.
Speaker 1: I'm asking you who's on first. That's the man's name, that's whose name?
Speaker 2: Yes, we didn't tell.
Speaker 1: Me who the guy on first?
Speaker 5: The first base?
Speaker 3: Who is on first?
Speaker 1: How you got a first basement on first?
Speaker 3: Seven? Rate?
Speaker 5: Then who's playing first?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: Who's on first? That's what I'm saying. Who's in sal? I don't know? It's the year? No his names? Who and McClain? Did he earn second base this year? That's what's his name? How about short stop? I don't know? Fifty fifty errors in two seasons? Who's on I think Sounds at third? Or Hayes? Who's in left?
Speaker 5: He?
Speaker 3: Steve?
Speaker 1: Who's in left? Anybody who's in center? Anything? Maybe free Swarmer center.
Speaker 6: And Alonso at first? Maybe they're going to really open the books?
Speaker 1: Who's in right?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Marte? Playoff?
Speaker 6: So well, you're gonna have Freedol and center? I think he gotta I said, and Catcher.
Speaker 1: Other than that, well, then it's up for g who I don't know and so what I have no idea. I don't know. He's out in left field? Well, who's gonna make this decisions? He's at first? Who's at first?
Speaker 3: He?
Speaker 1: Who? Who? Who is it first? I don't know? That's why is gonna be here to tell me what the hell is going on? In this place, and so the.
Speaker 6: Rest of that guy off team, that guy's the bench coach, that.
Speaker 1: They're a playoff team. And we can't name who's the starter. Oh, he's in first, center, and catcher Stevenson and Trevino I guess, But then pitchers, I don't know. I don't know who's pitching.
Speaker 6: Well, you got Green, Lodolo's trade them both Burns, Rett, Rhett Louder. You got singer at six of them right there?
Speaker 1: Why not try the gun? You get something for Green? The bullpens. Bullpen's not bad. I'm saying, you know, I'm glad. I'm glad in the sense Tito is here because he knows when the bodies.
Speaker 6: Are very correct, and he'll be fine. Don't don't worry. He'll figure settle team. Is it unsettled?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. But I think he's a third he will. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: He's the third catcher. I think I'm in the state of shock. No, he's in the center field.
Speaker 1: Who's in right? Marte's the right field who's at first? He doesn't start because he's not hitting the i'bout you in the playoff game, you don't start Marte and he's supposedly the right fielder. He doesn't start. I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 6: I think he's the bench coach. Will heave the student reporters of proud service of your local Temp Star Heating and air Conditioning dealers, Team Star Quality. You can feel on the east side called Clement's Heating there at nine three, seven.
Speaker 1: Four, four, four forty four or oh one spot. Thank you, Roxy.
Speaker 6: We also want to thank Lear's Prime Market for our lunch today. Full catering Service Deluxe Delhi located in beautiful downtown Milford, Learsprime dot Com.
Speaker 1: Lear's Prime always cut above. And what about the Salakrock cookies too? You forgot about those the South Crown, imagine them? And what about gold Star? You forgot about gold Star and the David.
Speaker 6: Family You just mentioned it And then we got Jen Motley's Chicken Jilli in there.
Speaker 1: That's why you look the way you look.
Speaker 6: Bengals Update, Willy brought to you my good spirits and party town with thirteen locations in northern Kentucky. We may have to go there later on today. Bengals and Lions Sunday and pay Corp Stadium for twenty five kickoff you know where I'll be tonight, pay Corpse Stadium. I'll be at the Pitt Really, yes, Moehler, Elder and Willie's gonna be there.
Speaker 1: I've been asked to address them all or football team. You wait a minute.
Speaker 6: I don't worst Barret Cohen when you need him, because I don't know they want to do that. Because look what happened to Madera. You did when Madera played the Park last week?
Speaker 1: Well, I got Johnny Crapp was thirty five nothing, twenty four to nothing. Wasn't that close enough? Wasn't that bad?
Speaker 6: Best Bengals coverage Sunday nine am with the RNL Carriers pregame Sports Talk presented by Cincinnati Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers Live from the Holy Trail, Live, talk about it with a Chickster and everybody on the Tri State Chevy Dealers post game show presented by RNL Carriers, and then got to be live at Buffalo Wings and Rings and Cresview Hills Keep Hope Alive segment. Let's see Keep Hope Alive. High School football tonight. Willie, what about dr Park? I'll action across the Tri State High school football tonight at six, ESPN fifteen thirty, Fox Sports thirteen sixty that rolls into the game between Louisville Trinity and Saint X.
Speaker 1: I'm taking Louisville Trinity. You're gonna have Saint.
Speaker 6: X also tonight as Moeller and Elder. As you said, I'm taking the Mighty Minimo. Lakota West at Cole Range, I'm taking Tom Bolden Middletown hosting Lakota East. I'm taking Kyle Schwarber, Marymont v the Park. I'm taking the park. They're gonna rebound. Nifferd Stadium sold out tomorrow for Big twelve action his fourteenth ranked Iowa State. The Cyclones come to town to face off our beloved Bearcats. Eleven AM Cyclones in there a hockey team, No, it's Iowa State Cyclones. Also tomorrow, the Cats and the Dogs go out at noon on ESPN fifteen thirty to about Kentucky and Georgia. Miami opens MAC play in Northern Illinois Minnesota v. Number one Ohio State.
Speaker 1: I got a text here from Pete Whittie. I'm begging you to speak to Malor before the game. Pete witting if you already picking Moeler, I'm picking them. I'm picking them to you, they're gonna take the Panthers down. Let's see in the pit.
Speaker 6: Uh Dante Corleona according to reports, Well, he's gonna play tomorrow for U. See Wis is probably big defensive, defensive lively to us the last two.
Speaker 1: Games with injury.
Speaker 6: It's like Aaron Donald, Shamar Stewart is out Sunday for the Bengals ankle, Noah Fan is back Bengals, and Charlie Jones with an achilles, he's questionable. What about Joe Burrow, He's not gonna Well, he's not gonna be there. I guess maybe he's maybe he's gonna be there. He ought to be on the sidelines. Do you have any hope?
Speaker 1: Baseball?
Speaker 6: The best of five Division series begins tomorrow, four games, Cubs and Brewers at two.
Speaker 1: I like the Cubs.
Speaker 6: Yankees in Toronto at four. I don't like either team. Dodgers and Phillies at six thirty. I'll take the Phillies because of Kyle Schwarber. Tigers at the Mariners at eight thirty. I don't like the Mariners.
Speaker 3: Who cares?
Speaker 6: I don't like Detroit, okay, and also Willy coming up this weekend a lot of activities, but Indiana's oldest festival is this weekend. The one hundred and sixteenth Annual Aurora for Farmers Fair, takes place on the streets a beautiful Aurora, Indiana.
Speaker 1: Many times as a famous restaurant right there on the left, that's correct. What is that name of that ring? Willi's of Hidden Valley? I don't think so. I don't know what it is. But segment, these are difficult times. The Reds have big decisions to make, and I believe the Reds can be better next year.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 1: Do you believe? I believe? Do you believe?
Speaker 6: As long as I believe, as long as they got you know who they're managing, I'm gonna believe.
Speaker 1: I believe that we will win. I believe that we will win. Do you agree or not?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: Now, who's it first? Who's at second? No, he's at first, Who's at third? He's at first, who's at short, He's at first?
Speaker 2: And left?
Speaker 1: Who's in right?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 6: You can't play who to ample? Everywhere? We have crises everywhere.
Speaker 3: Segment.
Speaker 1: Do you think they're going to open up the money bass?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Kyle Schwarber, what hit one hundred and ten home run.
Speaker 6: I tell you one thing, if they him in that band box, they would get Kyle Schwarber and the panda and he stays healthy.
Speaker 1: Now, what what will the cost?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 6: The Reds might have to move it and get into a new stadium Casteline. He's got a status. You know what they're gonna do. They're going to move to pay Corps, re arrange it in a sixty four thousand fans a night.
Speaker 1: I think we're in a crisis segment. But what if they get the polar Bear? Now, what about Judge Allison Hathaway Ali freeing to kill again? An arm robber, eighteen year old boy.
Speaker 6: Something's got to be done, Willie? In this town, something, something's got to be done. And what about the Diddy?
Speaker 1: The Diddy? No, uh, no verdict? I say four years, write that down, write that down, four years. Okay, say get me out, exoo your will.
Speaker 6: You and honor a beautiful day here in the tri State. We leave you with the immortal words of the stood.
Speaker 5: At some point, the foolishness has got to stop.
Speaker 1: He's talking to the city of Cincinnati, who refused to accept his help. On news radio seven hundred w L Bill Cunningham, the great American all of high school football happening tonight. Yours truly will be at the pit to celebrate the defeat of my elder at the HANSO. Muller High School. That'll be in the pit. But until then, important matters are attending. You might recall we had a news story on this. I mentioned this about an hour or so that eighteen year old Devon Markham, eighteen years old, is charged with murdering a sixteen year old about two weeks ago. The kid's name that was murdered is TJ. Bill. And previous to that, mister Markham, eighteen years old, had numerous felony convictions through juvenile court, had committed another offense as an adult put on probation by my friend, Judge Allison Hathaway, Ali formerly of our newsroom, put him on probation on condition that this defendant, how about these ideas get a job, secondly enrolling a behavior modification program, and thirdly report to your po Guess what he did none of it. Didn't get a job, didn't report to his probation officer, didn't have behavior modification. If he did, it resulted in the murder of a sixteen year old. Now he's charged again and again and again. Joining you and I now is Steve Gooden, who's been on city council and attorney in Cincinnati. And Steve Gooden, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham showing Steve, how do you react to this most recent outrage out of common Police Court. I would add that Judge Josh Berkele, which joined me yesterday, a sitting judge been there ten years, who rang the bell saying something's wrong down here in the courthouse. Half the judges are more will not put people in jail because of restorative justice, because of white supremacy, white privilege, all this crap. And now this TJ. Bell is dead because Judge Hathaway ordered him to do certain things. He didn't do it and didn't get violated, and now another kid is dead. On top of what happened last night. Last night, as you may know, a twelve and fifteen year old were shot at Grand Park. There's a question in there, Summer answering.
Speaker 3: Well, the answer is that we need desperate change. And thank you for calling attention to these issues, because this is kind of the news. A lot of people seem to lose right now, no one wants to talk about this in the city, at city Hall or in the courthouse. I mean it's happening in both places. City Hall has underfunded the police department in a serial manner for over a dozen years, and we're seeing it in the lack of walk and patrols and the lack of basic enforcement. And then you've got the courthouse where there are judges who are acting clearly out of some sort of progressive ideology and not looking at these cases based upon the facts. And the end result is a community that is not safe. And I'm very aware of the Grand Park situation. Me and Reverend Peterson Mingo have been down there many many times. He's part of that God Squad group. He goes down there when there were shootings. There have been over eighteen homicides there in the past five years in that one park alone in northern over the Rhine. It is a tragedy, and these are preventable tragedies in the old days, back you know, when I was in the prosecutor's office and we had a different kind of judge there at common sense judges Democrats and Republicans alike. By they note people got locked up if they were caught with guns, they were held on high bonds, they were not given probation. They didn't wait around for them to shoot someone. If you're running around with drugs and guns, you need to be taken off the streets and not all this handwringing and all this talk of restorative justice and etc. So we know what needs to happen. But our mayor handpicked this bench. He handpicked the city council at Lands right at his doorstep.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, well, the other thing is having recognized. I was told the mayor had some bad pulling about a month ago. Maybe Corey Bowman is going to have an impact. Maybe you're going to have impact. Chris Metheran, Lendon Matthews may have an impact. So he decided to reluctantly, reluctantly accept the offer of the governor to do certain things. And so you know, Mike and I have been friends for a long time, and he told me on and off the air that I'm kind of surprised the Mayor's not asked for our help. Finally, after some bad pulling, the mayor got a hold of the governor. Mike came down. You had the FBI was there the atf was there, the Marshall Service was there. One council member was there, Mika Owens, you had, the prosecutor's office was there, The sheriff was there. Every one agreed, Okay, the adults are coming in. We're gonna do this, do that. We're gonna have the Highwood Patrol is gonna be here. We're gonna be out in front of bars and restaurants. We can pick out those with guns going into it, liquorstale and all this circus act went on. We found out a week or two later that the memorandum of understanding dealt with two shifts a month, and now last week got checked with the police. So far there's been zero, zero, highwad patrol involvement. None. It was all nothing. It was sound and fury signified nothing, as Shakespeare would say. And so it's that way because the so called President pro tem of the City Council of Victoria Parks, the Vice Mayor lemon Kearney and Scottie Johnson, the Controls Council completely said we don't want cops here. It's a bad look to have highway patrolmen here, as if we can't do our job, and so as we sit here now in the first week in October, early voting is starting, and all of a sudden, we have once again this rash of shootings forty percent increase. The ones getting killed are are the children of Democratic voters? Do they understand that their policies caused the death of their own community?
Speaker 3: You know what? This is the rare year where I think it's breaking through. Okay, I just spent last night down at the bond Hill Community Council and I, you know, I blatantly and openly said, hey, this. You know a lot of these problems lay at the Mayor's feet. The city is more violent, it is more lawless, it is it is more dangerous, It is tougher to live in than it was four years ago. And that goes right to him. And I got a round of applause there in bond Hill, and that was pretty much. I'm a jaw on all African American audience. I do think people are tired of it. You know, I'm a middle aged white guy and a grumpy one at that, and I but I think people are want honesty. They know these statistics they're hearing from city Hall aren't true. The Mayor's credibility right now is absolutely zero. And we the surest sign we know we're breaking through is he's shooting at people like me directly. You know. We shoot a statement this week saying I was unqualified to be on city Council and lack compassion and things of that nature, which as I said that I am, I actually posted. I put out a release about that this morning, say I accept his non endorsement without qualification with great pride. I accept it. It's all politics, it's all optics, it's all playing with the numbers. Anybody who's on these streets knows what's happening. The homeless situations out of control. Our streets are a mess, and the violence of occurs at nights at night in many of these neighborhoods. It's beyond the police's ability to deal with that. They don't have the personnel to do anything with it right now, and it's just an absolute tragedy. People are losing their lives, and I think that is breaking through. I mean, it's kind of a you know, it's like the old Grauto mark saying, who are going to believe me? Or your lying eyes? People know that what they're hearing from city Hall and what they're hearing from the courts isn't true. And that is the moment, and that is the problem that he's got to deal with right now. Is that nobody that I know of in who were involved at any kind of street level action here in the city, the community volunteers and many councils. Nobody believes a word he says anymore about the violence. They see it with their own eyes.
Speaker 1: You know what's troublesome for me, Scottie Johnson has been a cop for like twenty five years. Or throw in lemon Kearney, who went to Harvard Law School. Of course, Victoria Parks who said Holly wanted to get beat down, there's a different category. She's not running again. But they're telling the mayor that if you invite in the Highway Patrol and the FBI, the ATF, god knows who else to crack down on crime, it makes us look bad and the black community doesn't want it. Lemon Kearney speaks for the black community. She's the mayor in waiting. She's waiting for ft F Pirival to move on to do something else, which surely he will soon. That she wants to be the mayor. And so until lemon Kearney, Victoria Parks, until Scottie Johnson actually say you know, we need help, nothing's going to occur. And I would point out that there's twenty percent fewer police in Cincinnati than we need, then we should have. Well, when police are down twenty percent, crime better be down at least twenty percent, because that means cops aren't arresting people because cops don't exist to arrest them. You know what I'm saying. It's rather a circuitoust argument that because the crime is down, we don't need police. Well, the reason crime is down, then criminals are not being arrested because cops don't exist to arrest them. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I know exactly what you're saying. And actually my anger is that some of the different council numbers even worse. We have what I would call the white council members, the Mark Jefferies, the Seth Walsh is those people who Jeff krammerting. They go to these events and they talk tough on crime, and then they go to city Hall and they go along with all this stuff. They sit on their hands and the stuff they have spent upwards of ten million dollars over the last two years on so called violence production efforts that have included things like urban gardening, dance lessons, three sandwiches at bus stops. Actually tried to get one of those the other day at Government Square. They wouldn't give it to me. My other favorite is kayaks on the Mill Creek. Like ten million dollars, the amount of police overtime they could have hired. They could have hired half a recruit class with that money and including benefits over the course of the last two years. Not serious people, what they're doing. I mean the money they do have to put it these efforts, they just waste on these weird pet projects. Anyone who wants to kayak should be able to get their own kayak. It's just beside the point. It's disgraceful and I don't and it's just they're not listening to what the community is saying, white or black. They're just not listening. You know.
Speaker 1: I saved this story about a year ago lemon Kearney. It was voted in the council by a nine to zero vote. It's called the Ambassador program, and this story says that if you're an arm robber. If you commit crime, they have money for you. They will pay you about one thousand dollars a month on condition that you don't commit any more crime, and they'll give you they'll give you vouchers to travel around the country to look elsewhere, to see what's happening in other parts of other parts of the world. This is called the Criminals Criminals Behave. City Council is poised to put three hundred thousand dollars toward a gun violent reduction program that will have active firearm offenders get away from the street life. We'll give you a monthly stipend, travel, job, training, therapy and more as part of a sixty five million dollar spending plan, including dance lessons and kayaking. And so, if you commit crime, we're going to pay you not to commit more crime and teach you how to paddle on the Little Miami River. Now there's a good use of our money. Steve Gooden, it's wonderful.
Speaker 3: Well, I think they actually owe me several hundred thousand dollars. I guess because I've never robbed anybody at gunpoint, I've gotten nothing for that. I mean, the whole thing is just ludicrous. We know what a violence reduction, you know, plant looks like it's called like actually, you know, staffing the police and actually having judges right who put people away who have guns. I mean, that's the only thing that works. I mean, if you look at Cleveland, I never thought I would be citing Cleveland for anything. They had a thirty percent reduction in homicides this year because they increased their police force by almost thirty three percent over the last two terms. Okay, I mean it's just I mean you can see it. I mean, it doesn't matter. I was in Columbus the other day for an higher state game. There are police everywhere. There isn't a visible police presence. They have staffed their police department. I think. Guess what, Columbus is growing? Okay, they are actually growing their population. I mean you have to understand, these are both democratic cities. But if you're going to have any kind of a city, you have to have policing, you have to have basic order and law and order on your streets. And also just I mean, not twenty minutes ago, I was walking back from getting my hair cut at the wonderful Salzano Brothers on Fourth Street. If I'm me, note and I was walking down the street and there was a homeless guy there on Fourth Street by the atrim two were leieving himself on the side of the building. A woman came and grabbed him and accused him of stealing his cocaine. She grabbed him, he jumped mid stream. I had to jump back to avoid getting urine on my shoes. I told him he needed to put that little thing away, and then the other homeless people came and gathered around me. For a moment, I thought, my god, I'm going to get into a fight. Here on Fourth Street in the middle of the day was some coked up homeless people, no police officers anywhere to be seen, and I was just this is the middle of a workday, on a Friday afternoon, in the middle of our business district. That's the kind of stuff that's going on, and we are not We don't have the police to actually walk around twenty years ago, to be officers walking around all over downtown.
Speaker 1: Three weeks ago, Cousty, a friend of mine, active and big time law firm, had four other lawyers, three men and a woman who came to Jeff Ruby Steakhouse and it was like eight o'clock eight fifteen. They said, let's walk down to the river. They won take They were from Saint Louis. They walked down to the river, the four of them. They were dressed nicely. They walked back. They were jumped by six kids. And the sad part about this was there was nothing stolen. They had some cash on them, some credit cards. They simply got beat up for the hell of it. And they beat up these especially the three men who tried to defend the female lawyer, and then one went to the hospital. Three did not, and that's a typical occurrence, and they hit nine to one one they got to the hospital. There was no police report filed because three of them went to the hospital with the one that was really hurt and they spent the night in the hospital and then went back to Saint Louis. So you have homeless pissing on the sides of building, arguments about cocaine. You have individuals getting beat up in the city. Last night. There were two individuals who were shot in the park, twelve and fifteen year olds on mcmickon near Grant Park. I think they're going to survive. And then you have Judge Hathaway taking an armed eighteen year old on probation, who didn't get a job as she ordered, didn't enroll in behavior modification, didn't report to probation, who murdered sixteen year old TJ. Bell two weeks ago, and now he's got a million dollar bonds. So I'll say this, Steve Good. If this is not the election, election I think starts like next week absent here or whatever showing up to me. If this time, with all this going on and all the lies and depravities off city council, if this time there's not a change, I would feel hopeless. Would you agree?
Speaker 3: I agree, And frankly, I think if we don't have serious change, we're going to have an exodus of people from the city. And what you just described about these people from Saint Louis, I hear this from folks all the time, who you know, I'm a lawyer as well. I have people coming in all the time from out of town who are staying downtown, you know, so they can go to their meetings and what have you. And the reports that they that they get back are uniformly you know, they're horrified. They don't feel safe, they don't want to go out, don't want to walk to the basic attractions. We have a beautiful river walk that people are afraid to go to.
Speaker 1: Well, I've seen video. I wouldn't go there at night, no signal ninety nine. There's hundreds of kids wilding around the riverfront and no one's ever picked up on curfew. The message is say you're eighteen, you got your ID and I don't have it with the hell I'm eighteen, good to go. Hundreds of kids are wilding on the streets of Cincinnati, and we're told by Lemon Coarney and others it's a safe place to be. It's a lie. And I think from Harvard she knows it's a lie. We got to run. Steve good and good luck to you. Good luck next time you get pissed on on Fourth Street. Thank you very much, thank you, I thank you Steve Gooden. Well this time make a difference. What do you think news coming up home of your Reds and Bengals. Who's radio seven hundred W.
Speaker 9: But he has that opportunity now to say this is a program that would serve the American people if it were not funded, because government would be more efficient and effective and that serves everyone. So they're going to make those decisions. Now, are they taking great pleasure in that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: Is he trolling the Democrats? Yes, I mean yes, because that's what President Trump does. And people are having fun with this. But at the end of the day, the decisions are tough ones. The president takes no pleasure in this. But if you're if Chuck Schumber is going to give Donald Trump the opportunity to determine what the priorities are, He's going to exercise that opportunity.
Speaker 2: And that's where we are.
Speaker 9: So the effects are very serious on real people, real American book. We support federal employees who do a great job in all these different areas. But but what they're having trying to have fun with, trying to make light of, is to point out the absurdity of the Democrats position, and they're using memes and all the tools of social media to do that. Some people, uh, you know, find that entertaining. But at the end of the day, the decisions are hard ones, and I'm telling you they're not taking any pleasure in that.
Speaker 6: Hello, quiet, and I'm scos, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: You need to weigh in on all of these issues. I think been sentenced one you know, you know, how let's talk one at a time. He did. He's not been sentenced yet. Number two, the Senate has not voted yet. At number three, I want you to be involved in this.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about the Senate SmackDown is live tonight at Heritage Bank Arena. That means that means that Cody Rhoades and the best of the wrestlers are here.
Speaker 1: I see them, Schumer and Johnson here there. Get him in there, you tag.
Speaker 6: Team him with a couple of guys, and whoever wins to shutdowns over?
Speaker 1: Where's the undertaker? What about the cane, the big red machine.
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: At this point, we're in a crisis. Everywhere I look, I see total crises, confusion. The Reds have a good team, have no lineup. They have the wrong pieces in the incorrect locations. And I did get a text here from the PGA of America, huh about the Ryder Cup team twenty twenty six in a year? Are you in it? Are you on it? It appears? Are you going to be the captain that the head golf coach at Roger Bacon High School? You want? Carucci Wow has been approached about coaching the Ryder Cup team and taking Tiery three of the players from Roger Bacon to play it.
Speaker 6: Keenan Bradley's likely out. How about this, He had about as much chance as I did in that.
Speaker 1: Monday and Tuesday they played NCR South for the first time.
Speaker 6: They're in the state finals since nineteen forty one, Right I saw that there.
Speaker 1: That's been a while, correct, I would say so, yeah, that's been what eighty eighty four years? Yeah, Roger Bacon is in the finals of the golf because of Wayne Carucci.
Speaker 6: Well they get if they go all the way with Ted McKay, he'll be honored on the show.
Speaker 1: Well bring them in here. We only have state champions, correct, Correct?
Speaker 6: You gotta win and soon did Sean Diddy Combs is going to address the courtroom.
Speaker 1: I mean, what are they doing in there? His lawyer says he wants to go home. Really, I don't think it's gonna happen. He wants to go home, just like the Crusher told that one guy, do the best you can. Like, Zach Schull says after another Reds loss Bengals lost, we simply have to play better. Would you agree? We simply have to play better?
Speaker 6: Zach will he the stood reporters of proud service of your local Tamestar Heating and air Conditioning dealers Thamestar quality you can feel in beautiful Northern Kentucky called Tom Reckton Heating and Air Conditioning at eight five nine, two six, one eighty two sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Or there's no war? Is there not anymore? Go ahead? Bengals update?
Speaker 6: Will he brought to you my good spirits at Party Town with thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky Bengals and Lions Sunday Downtown for twenty five kickoff Bengals for the first time, and since twenty twenty are a double digit underdog at ten and a half points.
Speaker 1: So since twenty twenty, how about double digit underdog at home?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Twenty twenty best Bengals coverage with the Arnel Carriers in pregame sports Talk presented by Cincinnati Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers live from the Holy Grail and then and then the Tri State Chevy Dealers post game show with a Chickster and his special Guests, presented by Rnel Carriers live from Buffalo Wings and Rings and beautiful Cresview Hills.
Speaker 1: So they're gonna break it down. Yes, they are good.
Speaker 6: Ken Anderson, Isaac Curtis and Leap and Lamar Parrish are among fifty two players in the seniors category selection process. Now for the Pro Football Hall of Fame class of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: Ken Anderson belongs in. Do you agree?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: I think all three of them want to go high school football all across the action, all across the tri state. Tonight High school Football Tonight show coverage at six, ESPN fifteen thirty, Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 1: You'll be at the pitt. I will be at the pit. I've been asked by Johnny Kraft, father Anthony browsh what what about Pete Diddy Witty? Pete Whitty wants me to did he? Mike Allen Junior wants me there. I will be at the pitt to uh give some excitement to the fans. That's why I'm Buehler and Elder.
Speaker 6: Lakota West at Cole Raine, Middletown host Lakota East, Marymont in the park.
Speaker 1: That's the big one right there. Rise dear Park got to recover from that beating administered by Jimmy Goulig's Madeira Mustangs twenty four nothing and that wasn't good segment.
Speaker 6: No Knippert Stadium, Willie sold out tomorrow for a big twelve action number fourteen Iowa State in town to take on the Bearcats. Really eleven am right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: The Cyclones are favored by I think, is you see favored by three or.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I got to check with draft MLS Soccer FC Cincinnati and New York Red Bulls tomorrow night at seven ESPN fifteen thirty. The Orange of Blue guys still got a lot to play for. I bet the supporter shield. Remember we saw that last year here barely pick it up and then playoff seating Trail Philly by four points with two to go in the regular season.
Speaker 1: I mean this started, didn't whenn't?
Speaker 6: They started in February? So here we got over. They got a longer season than Nascar.
Speaker 1: They started the playoffs.
Speaker 6: Yet, no they're gonna I think the game seven of the play MLS Cup is on Christmas Day.
Speaker 1: Then they started again in January.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Cyclones have announced it a long time forward. Justin five will return to the Clones this year. He's the all time leader in goals and games played, and he returns for his eleventh pro season at age thirty six.
Speaker 1: What about Paul Lawless? And we heard cyclones lawless? Is he lawless and.
Speaker 6: Gone down somewhere? I think he's still He was a good town. I got to connect up with him. Uh, they retired his number. It's in the it's in the it's in the.
Speaker 1: What number is it?
Speaker 6: You should know these things. Well, it's been a lot, that's a long time ago. I can't remember everything. Also, while he yeah, looks like back to you see it looks like Dante Corleone is going to play tomorrow.
Speaker 1: He's missed the last couple of games.
Speaker 6: And we talked about Indiana's oldest festival this weekend. It's ongoing right now, one hundred and sixteenth Annual Aurora Aurora Farmer's Fair. It's on the streets a beautiful Aurora, Indiana. Third in main steakhouses. The place you were talking about.
Speaker 1: I've been there many times and many guys is but it was always me correct. So also we have the Sound Kraft Festival going. If you can't find something to do right now, something's wrong. Correct. Got to do something.
Speaker 6: And then I think next week the steamboats come to town.
Speaker 1: Right, that's right, are some of them already here? Segment? It's Red's opening day, I said, March twenty sixth, Is that correct? One hundred and seventy three days away? Who's it? First? Let's say you have Kyle Swarver signing with the Reds on a five year, one hundred and fifty million dollars package.
Speaker 6: You put them at first, correct, it don't make it. He left, he can play, he can dh and play first.
Speaker 1: He wants to come here? Correct? I would say so, yes, what he said. Now. Secondly, he's already got a World Series ring, correct, right from twenty sixteen? The Cubs?
Speaker 3: Yep? Is that right?
Speaker 1: I think yeah? I think so. Now, who's at second base? Probably Matt McLean? Has he earned the position in your mind at this point?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's no, Well, he's not earned it. He's got a rebound from a tough season this year. Well, he didn't play last year, correct, and the season before that he didn't play after the third week in August. Right, So at some point he's got to arise. Oh yeah, to shortstop? Who's who knows who's at shortstop?
Speaker 3: We don't know?
Speaker 1: Well, what about Ellie? Does he belong in right field or left field, and what I would try him in the outfield and see what happens. Does Francona have the guts to pull that trigger over the objections of his agent, Scott Boras.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: What do you say? Does he have the Girates?
Speaker 6: The Pirates put their big guy in center field, right, so why not try him out?
Speaker 3: You have?
Speaker 6: You don't try him to say short stop? He could be a south Stewart, could be Edwin Arroyo. They still got Espinal what he just kind of faded away?
Speaker 1: So let's say you have a Royo at their base.
Speaker 6: Has got to be key Brian Hayes. Well, he's got the defense.
Speaker 1: How about south Stewart? Doesn't They're lacking a little bit of defensive You don't. I just goes to the shortstop in the second base.
Speaker 6: Well, and then, like the Cowboys said, there may be some big changes coming.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you what needs to happen. I think Catcher is secured, Stevenson in Trevino at first base. I put Kyle Swarber. Do you agree? What if they signed the polar Bear put him at first Whoever, what's one of those two? I hope Kyle Schwarber. But Bear is a lot younger. That guy's at first second base, I stick with mc swain a little bit longer. At short stop, I put a Royal. Is he any good? We'll find out. At third base, I put sal Stewart, and what about Shamar Stewart at third? He's hurt? You can't play. Then in left field, I put a steer centerfield. I put friedol right right field. Ellie Dela Cruze, well you can throw.
Speaker 6: You can put steer at first sometimes, and now Alanto Alonso be the d H. And then I trade you got some flexibility there. I trade Hunter Green, he signed through twenty twenty nine. Lodolo. I dingle him out there and say, do you like him or not? Get something for Nickolodolo? Trade him Undergreen, trade him You're still have pretty good starting pitching, and in the trade get three or four hammers who can play a position.
Speaker 1: To DH et c. The fact that we don't have a home run hitter and my ballpark, the Great American more than twenty two home run outrage and that ballpark right, are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: If they would sign Kyle Schwarber, he would personally remodel left field I think anywhere licking river, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 6: I think I think if Kyle, I think they're going to be people out on the river and kayaks Park in San Francisco, fun getting getting the home run balls in the in the river.
Speaker 1: Look, he's got all the money he needs, come back home. He's from Middle Tucky. He loves Butler County. Here sign a five year, one hundred and fifty million dollar deal. Do you agree you get rid of Martinez? What do you make twenty milk? That was worthless? Well twenty one? I think get rid of that, right, he's not then Hunter Green, get rid of that. See, let's play ball. And maybe the panda bears better than Kylee Swarber. He's eight years younger. Have you thought about that one? I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean that's why Nick Crawl and Brad Meter and all the rest of them get the action.
Speaker 1: And I think Jeff Brandley has their ear, which is why Brantley said big changes are coming. What did he mean by that? Segments? Probably something's going to happen. They got to do something. I can recall when I coached of Bob crabl Crabs and DOUBABC. Once a year we would play Midland. We played Midland one year when they had two months later they won the national title. They won it all. They had a total of three losses, and I have the game ball segment from that game. The Crable Crabs beat Midland to one. What in a short series, anything can happen. And I think the Reds against the Dodgers couldn't beat him in seven. But the way those games were played and the bad decisions made by Francona on the mound contributed to the loss. Now, I'm not showing it would have made a difference, But I'll tell you what Sala story could be the real deal. I'll find out how good that guy. He's only twenty one. He can barely drink beer legally. So he's got to play, and Elie's got to. If we start next March twenty sixth, and Dela Cruise is still playing shortstop, that's a problem because you have to overwhelm with the player. Once Dave Parker could not play shortstop or first base. He was a catcher, believe it or not, a quarter tech, right, and he said, okay, I'm six foot five, I got an arm that can throw a ball through a brick wall. I'm gonna play right field and be an All star. Why can't that be Dela Cruz with his speed and his reach and his arm, he's a perfect right fielder. Right. Are you with me on this or not?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Speak up a little bit, like you got a pair. I said yes. Oh, you better say yes. And then you got to do something to shortstop. You got to have slick fielding. You can have a lack of offense and production at shortstop as long as they're good fielders. What I do is have a good catcher, shortstop, second base and pitchers. Just like Gordon Veterino. You build up the middle. And many times I played both shortstop and second base at the same time, same time. That's how quick I was. How about that? So, like coach, you're going to be ninety years old October the seventh, been here, he will be here. Have you seen him? No? I haven't seen him myself in twenty years. But he's responsible as much as any other man for my great athletic prowess. Saman give me out of the student's report.
Speaker 6: Wellie, we wish every one to have a happy weekend and a good weekend and a safe one.
Speaker 1: You can't find something to do this weekend, You're a clown. We leave you with the immortal words of the stud report.
Speaker 3: Next week's case handled by the highway patrol is a very exciting one. We hope you'll be with us until then.
Speaker 6: Remember the careless driver isn't driving his car, he's aiming it.
Speaker 3: This is Roderick Crawford saying see you next week.
Speaker 1: And Roger Bacon High School is not driving the car. They're aiming on the state title and golf because of Wayne Carucci, I stayed titled in golf for Roger Bacon, who beat Saint X, beat Delakota, beat dr Park, they beat Elder to the best golfing team in the state because of men like Wayne Crouchy reached back to his old school and said, let me help, and over the three years she's developed a a golfing program that people are shocked and amazed about. You know what I'm saying, yep, all right, say we have about a minute. Romani, I'm gonna write it down right now. I'm gonna hold you to acoun. I'm gonna keep this right here, we go give me the final score Bengals the Lions. What is give it to me.
Speaker 6: I say the Bengals upset them twenty seven to twenty.
Speaker 1: Came Bengals win twenty seven? What do I say? I say Lions win, final score thirty five to ten. Now, whoever is closest wins a hot fud Sunday? Do you agree they get blown out for a third game?
Speaker 2: It could be.
Speaker 1: Curtains well, but Zach Shulway after the game will say, we simply have got.
Speaker 6: To play better with the Green Bay Packers. We simply have got to play the lambeau Field. We simply have to play better. Frozen tundra, they're going there. I think it won't be frozen a week from Sunday, but it'll be hot segment.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Let's continue the more. Have a great weekend, watch high school football, go to the festivals, go to the Bengals game, get out and enjoy this because when it's minus fourteen degrees in January, you're going to miss these hot days in October on news Radio seven hundred WLW