Speaker 1: Do you want to be an American?
Speaker 2: I'd say last night was a pretty good night. Red's come from behind and win in Miami. More and that later.
Speaker 3: But of course, the big story nationally and internationally speaking is the fact that we did not destroy Iran last night. The whole civilization did not die last night. Because there's a two week ceasefire on the table. The question is who blinked you? Did Trump blink? Did I ran blink? And how long does this agreement last? Actually, let's bring in Brad Weinstrip. Colonel Winstrip retired from the United States House of Representatives and joins the show this morning from parts of known Congressman, Good morning.
Speaker 4: I ben go, I'm doing fine, Scott could be with you this morning.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: So as I said, next forty eight hours kind of the story here, does Iran actually open the street? Does Trump escalate? We have no idea around a two week clock right now. In every outstanding issue in nukes and sanctions and security guarantees, they have to get resolved before it runs out. But I'm back up a second here before we begin. You being on the House Permanent slut Committe on Intelligence here now in the President's Intelligence Advisory Board. When Trump anounced a two week suspension last night, was after my intelligence showing a Ran was generally close to a deal. Or is Pakistan giving Trump a the diplomatic off ramp that you know from a threat that, let's face it, him going in and wiping out civilization there is not going to play. Well, what's going on behind the scenes there.
Speaker 4: Well, I haven't been briefed on any of that, not being in a secure facility right now. But also if I had, I would really be able to talk about it. But yeah, I think let's look at the bottom line of what we're trying to accomplish after forty seven years of abuse, is to stop I Ran in its proxies that they have no news and then we get the straight open and so there's a lot of posturing obviously that it's going back and forth. You know, President Trump has proven that he's the.
Speaker 5: Man of action.
Speaker 4: You saw what he did in his first term with Syria and the nerve Gas and he saw him taking out Sulimani. And at the same time you see what America is about when you see the pilot being rescued. But through this whole process, now with the ceasefire, you know, it goes back to the old Reagan quote trust but verify, and you think back when we took out their nuclear facilities. They're parliamented for whatever they call it, actually refuse to let the inspectors come in to see what they actually have. So they're determined to continue to drive on. So we have a ceasefire fire. Arguably it's already been violated last evening as shots were still fired at Israel. But can they stop for two weeks? We'll see can they stop after forty seven years of their own war mongering? And so we have a lot of rhetoricaling now amongst politicians, etc. But we've also seen in the Middle East that the region is reacting and turning on I Ran more so than they had been in the past. This two weeks will be interesting. If indeed it last two weeks, chances for our military, which has worked pretty much surgically at a franetic pace, gives them a chance to rest and rebuild. But we're dealing with an enemy that it has a resolved that's different than that mode. Down to the last person.
Speaker 3: I would say, well, we've seen we've seen that in other areas in the Middle East has a different They're in a different timeline in the way are they deal in centuries.
Speaker 2: We deal in minutes. And that's that's part of the problem.
Speaker 3: You know, as I look through the ten point proposal, initially it was Trump said, you know, it's a good but it's not good enough.
Speaker 2: And now it's good.
Speaker 3: What change in er And for those who aren't found this, I mean there's a permanent ceasefire. They're security guarantees that Iran will not be attacked again. On the other side, they demanded the US left all US sanctions and an end to strikes in Lebanon, which obviously those two are probably not going to happen, but control of the Strait of Hormuz, a passage a two dollars two million dollars per fee ship to be split with a man for a future infrastructure reconstruction. And Trump said, you know, that's a significant step, but not good enough. Now that was yesterday. Today a different story. We've accepted it. What changed in those terms that made it acceptable of the United States?
Speaker 4: Well, I think that this president has its own negotiating and it's not uncommon for him to say one thing one minute and change his mind later, and I don't know that that's necessarily a bad thing, So I don't I don't know what changed within the White House that are for the president, but conversation may may have been had that where they seem like maybe this is what they want. So I think he wants to take the opportunity to give this a chance to play out and see what can't be done. But I'm I'm very skeptical. And this is me talking right now.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I remember after the Hamas attack in Israel in October a couple of years ago, I found an article that actually fell out of a back of a picture fame that I was putting away. That was an ap article from nineteen ninety four when the IDF the Israelis were leaving Gaza and they were being attacked by kids, and the kids were shouting, we don't want peace. And to me that was a matter of intelligence because those very kids were the leaders now and this is all an extension of Iran, and so it's really difficult to deal with a group of people that don't want peace. I mean, it's not part of their mission statement, it's not really what they're seeking. So I think it's going to be interesting to see how this the next couple of weeks, because that is the mindset of the enemy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and we've been fighting them, Brad for you know fifth I was a little kid in nineteen eighty for Crime out Loud and you know you were as well. And we've busts our whole lives some fifty years of this nonsense. And I don't think any no one's losing any slap. I'm certainly not, and you're not. If we go and shoot the missiles and bring a ran back to maybe take their nuclear capabilities down an option and kind of like what Israel does to their surrounding nations. I mean, they'll launch a missile attack and okay, there's a message to back off. But this is a different move entirely because we're talking about a you know, the threat was a wide scale destruction of an entire civilization. Basically, you know, he threatened genocide is what it was. We let's call it what it is. You know that, and you mentioned you know it's there's no bad side. I think the bad side to it though, oh no love lost about regime chains there. But you know, when when the president acts like he does. We saw what the markets do. We saw gas does. A lot of our allies, which we still need allies in this world, are going, what is this guy doing when we you know when? And I think the ultimate thing here is the fact that Congress is completely absent here.
Speaker 2: That's the problem.
Speaker 3: You know, if we're going to go attack a country, I understand why we would do that to protect our national interests. For sure, we don't need Iran getting nuclear weapons and weaponizing nuclear energy. But at the same time, Congress has a role in this, and that is they set the guidelines up and the guardrails up rather for the president to do what he wants to do. And most of the well all of them are back home now on break, and they're you know, I looked at the social feeds from our representatives and they're talking about everything but aroand most of them. That's troubling to me. But we have Congress there for a reason. They're not doing their job.
Speaker 4: Well. I might say this a little bit tongue in cheek as a former congressman. Sometimes it's not bad one members of Congress are at home, indeed.
Speaker 3: But I think it is now we need we need Congress to say, hey, listen, your powers that do something.
Speaker 4: Well, at least a resolution on where we stand and at least a sense of congress of what they would like to see achieved. That that certainly can be done. And I would agree with you there. You know, there's a lot of rhetoric, and and the president's criticized often for his rhetoric, no doubt about it. It's interesting the criticism wasn't there when Obama went into Libya to take out Kadafi. So you get politics involved all the time, and the conversation now about destroying a civilization. Let's let's let's be serious about one thing. What was going on in Iran is not a civilization to speak up, you know, let's start with the root of the word civil and that implies by definition, you know, politeness and courteousness and a social structure. But they're killing their own unarmed citizens. I mean, that is not a civilization to speak up, per se. And so I think that so far we really have been pretty surgical to the Israelis as well. On war. There's always bad things that happen, no doubt about it. But I'm sitting here as somebody who spent a year in Iraq and I saw our American soldiers and marines blown into pieces. I saw them and had to do amputations on many of them. This was all done by Iran. And when does it end? And you know, certainly diplomacy has been tried and tried again. The Obama administration even tried paying them off, and they never stopped doing what they're doing. So I don't know the answer long term, but something's got to end, and this is a president that is trying to do something about it. There'll be mistakes made, there always are in war, but I think if we continue to be surgical by and large, look, we don't want to ruin all their assets, so they can't be even at a country of any type of the regime is gone, and I think we're seeing that. So rhetoric is one thing. Actions speak louder.
Speaker 2: Than words, no question.
Speaker 3: And you know when you talk about doing that though, or taking out these salination stations, or taking out infrastructure and bridges, and you know when you say that, and granted it's rhetoric, but we don't know that because you know what you don't know. No one knows what this president's going to do. That's the other part of the issue is he's going to do what he sees fit. Congress is just going to stand by and go, Okay, we'll do what you want to do. That's really not how our system was set up. But on that point, about those people who want freedom inside Iran, they want to go back pre nineteen seventy nine and have a democratic nation as opposed to what they've sought for from the last fifty years, I think the free world's completely behind them. But the same time, you know, if you do things like that where there's collateral damage, all you're doing is you're now creating the next generation of anti American sediment there and guaranteeing that totalitarism will continue there if you wind up taking out the people you need to support you from inside the country.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if that is done, if it's and that was.
Speaker 3: So, that was a threat, and I think that's you know, now, obviously this was a negotiation and we kind of thought that all on. But again there's always that Trump wildcard. You don't know what he's going to do now. Only he knows what he's going to do, and that may change from one minute to the next. I guess the other thing in here too, Brad. I'm looking at the ten points, and the whole reason we did this was to get you know, take their nuclear armaments off the table and take them back years and years and years as far as weaponization goes. But the other thing was regime change. That Trump said, you know, hey, we're going to prove who the next head of state there is. I don't see that in the ten Points that that kind of got lost in the mix there.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 4: I don't know, That's something that's maybe behind closed doors at this time and not something that he wants to have out on the table. But you know, if you look at what happened in Venezuela, which unfortunately was very swift and over quickly, it seems now there is some communication and some negotiation that can take place with the people that are in charge there today. And I think that that is ideally what the President would like to see happen in Iran, is that we can have someone reasonable, perhaps even peace loving, they can be in charge in Iran and lead their people to a brighter day. I don't think the intent is there necessarily to destroy everything, but I think this president is posturing that we are determined, that we are going to make this change because we're not going to have a continuation of the last forty seven years. The world doesn't deserve it. And when I see all this condemnation of his rhetoric, I don't see the condemnation from the same people that would address the last forty seven years of what they have done. I don't see them complaining that they've killed their own people. I don't see them complaining they've been killing Americans for forty seven years, killing Israelis. I don't see the condemnation, even from the Pope, of what they have been doing for so long. You're free to condemn what the president is saying, but have you considered condemning what they have actually been doing? And that that's interesting to me that that doesn't happen. I don't understand why the world is willing to turn a blind eye. And for me it is personal, Scott, because I have seen the damage firsthand of what they have done in Americans and to our soldiers.
Speaker 3: Been going on for fifty something year, for almost fifty years at this point, and you're right, you know, we've tried to plumbas we've tried every single angle, and maybe the way to do, and as I said, the way to deal with that seeming the only one is you're not going to solve it. I mean, I don't think that all of a sudden, the RAN's gonna wake up and we're gonna have a regime change, and you know they're going to be Canada light. But at the same time, you know, I think you go in and surgical strikes as you mentioned, I think are warranted. We've seen Israel do this time and time again. We did it to some degree in Venezuela with success. Same thing here. It's like, unless you play ball, we're gonna come out every few years, we're going to set your nuclear arms race back five ten years, and we're going to do it over again. So you decide it's going to be different because we hold the cards and you don't. Now shutting down the straight of our moves of courses is causing a lot of frustration. I don't know if there's any guarantees they can keep that open. But brad Winstrip, you know you're on the Intelligence Advisory Board, and Pakistan brokeer this pause or the ceasefire. That's the same Pakistan that had Osama bin Laden for years. You know our front of me Pakistan. How much do you trust Islamabad as a as a mediator here? What's that for them?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, these situations often make strange bed fellows, There's no doubt about it. And you take what you can get and you have a conversation. So in that vein for those that complain that we need to rely on dialogue and have discussions, why would you not have perhaps a controversial entity involved with the dialogue, right, And so I don't think that there's anything wrong with that when you're trying to accomplish a goal, which which ultimately is peace and for a ran to be part of the global community in a peaceful way where we can all live together. And you know, something that I think can sum up where I am and what I see for the United States and what I think by and large United States has been, especially when it comes to our military, is I want evildoers to fear us, and I want those in needs to pray for our arrival. We have done that time and time again throughout our history and it's not always pretty, but that's the world that we live in. And I think that the United States does have some moral high ground on a lot of on a lot of fronts and what the enemy, but the the enemy is today that we haven't ran is just relentless, I mean, and kind of and kind of a sick but humorous way. What I've seen from them is is not a care for what's going to happen uh to to their country if they continue this. They're defeated in so many ways. They are defeated, and they will continue to be defeated, but they want to keep going. You've probably seen Monty Python. I just can't help but think about the guy whose arms and legers cut off and.
Speaker 5: To come back here.
Speaker 4: I'll fight your head off.
Speaker 5: Right right, I don't get this.
Speaker 2: I'll gum you to death, that is. But I know you're right about this.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, well we'll watch some we'll launch some weapons, wipe them out, and we'll just keep hitting the reset button time and time again. I don't know what the long play there. I just don't think there's an answer. I think it's it's we just keep hitting them every few years and hope that there's some regime change there. Although you know, we're led to believe that somehow that the son is gentler than the father. And then there are other people say no, that exact opposite is true. So we'll see what happens there. I know that there's plenty of Iranians that want freedom. They want to go back because they heard about the good old days from their ancestors pre nineteen seventy nine and how good life was inside Iran and see things seem to be a lot better then. But the problem is you have a regime there and that's encouraged to continue to commit the atrocities that have been committing. I just I'm glad to see that there's a ceasefire here for two weeks. What do you think do you think there's an opportunity for lasting piece here now?
Speaker 4: My gut feeling is they won't go down easily this cease fire. What I've seen them do, what we've seen now really for decades, is they use these types of opportunities just to put things off, yeah, and to run this out and then continue on their merry way. So I have a hard time thinking that this will be the end of it. But if you don't have the discussion, then you can never get anywhere. So hopefully this can bring a better day, And wouldn't it be wonderful if it does. So you know, you never say never, and you never say what you'll never do. Those are all the things that go into when you're talking about war and negotiations. So we'll see what comes comes out of this. But it's a huge trust but verify because we've got really almost fifty years of them just going back on anything they might try and say or do, and paying them didn't help. They continue to drive on and so we've learned a lot of lessons over these years, and it makes it even tougher for the Iranians at this point because they obviously cannot be trusted. They will lie, and they will go back on their word time and time again, and we have to recognize that and understand that that's the position this president is in as you try to go about seeking peace.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I mean, why circle back in two weeks because I have a feeling in that two weeks is probably gonna feel like two years. And I hope and pray in two weeks that we can come to terms with them and vice versa and tamp this thing down.
Speaker 2: I just want to know.
Speaker 3: I guess in two weeks we'll find out why we did this in the first place, and what we get out of it. He is Retired US Congressman brad Winstrip on The Scott Sloan Show this morning, sits on the President's Intelligence Advisory Board. Of course when he was in office on the House Permanent Self Committee and Intelligence. Thanks again for taking time out of the VAYCA. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, and no problem. You know, the world keeps turning and we got to turn with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does, my friend be well. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Thanks Scott.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Brad Winstrip on the Scott Sloan Show this morning. Here seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: I'm Scott flowing. This is seven hundred wl downy.
Speaker 3: Thanks for checking us out here and online too and on the iHeartRadio app portable take wherever go. If you miss the show, you can always catch it in podcast. For him, we make it easy for you easy. My Thanks again to retired Congressman brad Weinstrup, but he is still active as he sits on the Potus's Intelligence Advisory Board, saying, oh, I know stuff, but I can't tell you stuff that's fair.
Speaker 2: That's fair, and obviously he is very very pro Trump. I get that.
Speaker 3: I you know, as someone who tends to be more I guess maybe straight shooter with you, and certainly celebrating some of the victories in there, and the fact that we're not blowing a country off the face of the earth is a significant victory. The markets are responding right now, the Dow is off like a rocket, like literally, like maybe if this is Artemis three, it is up right now over thirteen hundred points. That's a hell of a bounce. That's a hell of a bounce. Now, could something stupid happen in the Strait and we go back down thirteen hundred points, Absolutely, and it might even happen by the time we end our little conversation here.
Speaker 2: It's just how it is.
Speaker 3: I look at this and all right, Well, the initial ten point plan that Iran presented, they said, hey, we want guarantees we won't be attacked again. We want us to lift all sanctions in Israel, to end strikes in Lebanon, and the straight of Hormuz control is we're going to come up with a plan for safe passage. By the way, we're going to charge you a million and a mom's going to charge you a million to pass to for a ship. The pass which sounds like a lot of money. Two million dollars feet per ship, but you're talking about hundreds of millions of dollars aboard that, if not more. And the President said this is a significant step, but not good enough. Now that was just a couple of days ago. The question is what's changed in this relationship because in there and this is the problem that I kind of have with it, we'll see if we can hold this thing together. The idea that Iran is coming from, at least from my reading this is that Taran sees his point as this ten point plan is they have a position of strength.
Speaker 2: They're not desperate.
Speaker 3: And they described the product of you know this this two week pause that we're having right now with ceasefire.
Speaker 2: They didn't want to do that.
Speaker 3: So they came the table said, okay, we want to we don't want a temporary so we want a permanent end of the war. We don't want temporary pauses here. And I think it's pretty ballsy for them to go, yeah, and we're gonna we're gonna tax you two million dollars per ship.
Speaker 2: And so it's a shakedown, is what it is.
Speaker 3: I mean, what they don't they don't really can they I guess, militarily control it, but they're monetizing a choke point they don't legally control. They have the legal right to charge your feet, nor I guess did the United States when he said, now we're the one that's going to charge this. And the other element of this too is, you know, the the whole reason we got involved in the first place. Yeah, the nuclear end of this thing. But also what about regime change. I don't see anything there akin to regime change. That was one of the big sticking points for the president, saying, well, we're going to have a new head and there we're going to get to say who it is that that's kind of gone by the wayside. So is it Trump being Trump and just thrown a bunch of stuff at the wall and sea with sticks?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But you know, when when you say these things, people go, didn't you just tell me that, you know, this night we're going to wipe them off the face of the earth. And now we got a two week pause for what looks like so far a deal that we already had in place to begin with. So I have a hard time understand what's going on here, he said. Trump said that the response is significant. Not good enough last time with this. But the core problem with the plan is the nuclear file. And I'm with Trump on this. The idea that they have a nuclear weapon or close to a WAKELA. We can't have that. That's the number he said, number one, number two, number three. Absolutely, the ten points don't really say anything about dismantling their richment capability or transferring enriched uranium in the stockpile they sett all along. It's like, listen, you've got to transfer that stockpile to a third country, and Iran wants to keep it inside its borders. And so that's why that's why he said complete demolition of bridges and power plants and desalination stations and the like within four hours if four moves isn't reopened. Uh, And they're in the process of doing that right now. But I don't see any nuclear things and you know, anything that'dress in the nuclear issue either. So it's the question to be a skeptic is what are we actually getting out of this thing?
Speaker 2: Would be the question.
Speaker 3: And if we if everything stays the same, then why do we go and launches attacks?
Speaker 2: Uh, it's been one of those things.
Speaker 3: We completely wiped him out they have no military for way, we can do whatever we want there. And then they shoot down, you know, a couple of our planes. Well, if you don't have the if we wiped everything out, how is that possible unless it just fell out to the sky, which of course it did not. So I get it. You got to take it with a grain of salt. But when you start talking about things like this, we kind of want to know the details, to which I would ask Brad weinstrip. I was saying, Okay, the idea here is that Congress should be having some oversight here, and they haven't had any, and that is a huge part of the problem because Congress has, you know, let executive order run amuck. In my opinion, and yeah, and I agree with Brad on this. It's not just Trump. I mean, this has been good. This is going on under Biden, not to the maybe not even to this level. But each president will take it a step further. It doesn't matter if it's a Democrat or Republican. You criticize the guy before you go by God, look at all the money they're spending, and they're spending money hand over. If we can't afford any of this stuff, we can't afford it. And then the next guy comes in and goes, I can't increase the national duffica. I watch this and that is the problem that I have with politics is the me tooisms. It's always well Obama did okay, great, but we're here today and yeah, we've tried different things, diploma scene everything for fifty years roughly, and it hasn't worked. And we're still here with the RAM getting nukes. So I have no problem with them going and setting them back a few years, as we just did with a strike. I know there's people to disagree, well, you need the war powers acting like yeah, but Congress isn't doing a damn thing. And I think Congress is complicit in this whole thing as well right now. And it goes to show you, you know, they're congressmen and they're own district right now.
Speaker 2: I know Brad not.
Speaker 3: Greg Lansman got press release this morning that came into came into my inbox. It's about I don't get money for Winton Hills or something that's good, but the big issues of the war. So I understand, you can't go back to Congress and some guide rails on, some guardrails up for this thing. They're the ones that should be doing this. You know, how much further do we want to get involved in this because it's costing resources and lives for that matter. So that's where things stands right now. So two weeks it's gonna be a fragile piece. Now we heard that in you know Israel. Ah, we got we got a deal in place, and then well, you know, one side acts up and we're back to where we went. But it's going to be a minute here and I'll have an oil man on later. I'm gonna actually have landman on. I'm having Billy Bob Thornton at eleven oh seven. His name is Jay Young, but it's Billy Bob Thornton. He's an actual landman to talk about what happens with oil because from what I'm looking at, you go, hey, you know, we saw oil go down what fifteen percent and a few hours after the ceasefire agreement, So how long do those prices stick around? You think, wow, we're going to see huge dropping oil prices the pump and we're like right around four. I think a little less than four is the average here in the Trin state, and that's still pretty high considering you know, we're closer to three before a while ago, it seems like a while ago. Well we ever see that again. And from everything I've read, all is Jay Young about this at eleven oh six? The answer is no, because the problem is this, we have turned the spick it off. It's not like you go, Okay, we got this oil, we'll just start moving it again. They shut production down and it's going to take a while to ramp all that stuff back up again because they don't have the storage. You know, they're doing I think nine million barrels a day of crude. And when you're pumping that out and they go, akay, we're gonna stop shipping this. It's not like you got you know, you know, I got a bunch empty bottles laying around, so they have no to store it for oil they couldn't ship, So those wells aren't going to just restart on command. So there's going to be a ramp up there. And then you look at what's happening with Russia. You look at what's happening with these strategic patrol and misserve which we tapped into. We look at the summer blends coming in. I mentioned the Russian oil exemptions, all these all these things we had before. The well literally and figuratively is a little bit dry right now. So I'd imagine from what I saw that these high prices are going to be around for a while.
Speaker 2: I know that the GOP.
Speaker 3: Doesn't want to hear this because well, certainly affordability is a big issue, and you look at the higher and inflated gas prices. This is as a field day for Democrats, is what it is. And the prices aren't I don't think they're going to drop anytime soon according to the experts. I'm not one of them. I just go on what I read and what I see, and I guess that makes sense that if you shut it down, it's going to take a while for production to ramp back up again. It's kind of like, you know, we have a natural disaster and it takes what one oil rig, one platform, one refinery to go down. And that's how this how thin the margins are, it causes the whole system to collapse. So that's kind of where we are right now. And the fact of the matter is, even with a ceasefire, it goes to show you that Iran wrongly can shut down twenty percent of the world's oil supply and bring the world to its knees in about six seven weeks. That's something that's not going away. I think that's the core problem. This whole thing is the straight ofh hor moves is the problem. And there's no work around for that, at least right now in our lifetime. So that's what we got going on here. So it was pretty good night though. I mean, you know, we averted war. We didn't have to wipe out an entire civilization, commit genocide, none of that stuff, none of that Ichy stuff. And the Reds one, how about that big come from behind win last night. And I think the markets are responding right now more to the Reds winning and that come from behind win sixty to two last night than this this little oil thing. The market's up almost fourteen hundred points right now, it's not about almost three percent. That's incredible, absolutely incredible because the Reds won last night.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 3: That's why, so I have at least split the series in Miami, going for the series win tonight six point forty here on seven hundred ww and then day baseball tomorrow, by the way, early day tomorrow eleven o'clock, and so I don't think we've had an inside pitch at early ever eleven o'clock inside pitch here on the big one. It's fun when they're winning. Then it's fun when they're winning. You know that stupid, silly, disgusting, and I should erase that from strict they'll strike that from the record. The audacity of people to raise money for the hint And family and the murder of Larry Henderson. But we saw the power of crowdsourcing that there's lesson. You could be the most screwball individual, criminal ahole in the world and somebody will feel bad for you and do a GoFundMe. I think that's the lesson here. There's a lot of people out there willing to and we talk about, you know, the government taking money away, and we've always been a nation that has prided ourselves on generosity. A lot of people here will volunteer. You volunteer for causes, You give time telling the treasure, because that's what you're supposed to do. If you have the time, you volunteer it. If you have talent the ability to do something, you volunteer that. If you are blessed to have means and you have some extra. It's treasure. A combination one or a combination of those things is wonderful. And I think we do a great job of that, especially here in the Trian Date. And I think you know, when it comes to corporate donations, obviously corporate America gets a bad rap, but look at all the things like people like Bill Gates, people like Sorrows and other source Bezos and others do with their money. You know, they they lift up, but they don't get credit for it because you know they're rich moguls. And you get to a point in America where rich mogel everybody hates on you. But when you're on the rise, say love. It's a great story till you make it and then everyone turns on hates you and you do great things with your money. In this case, the go fundme thing, I think it's more for people like me and you. You know, you may not have hundreds of millions of dollars like Bezos, but if you had ten bucks, would you give it? Would you donate? Andy GoFundMe? I'd like to start one for this lady. This is out in Lynchburg, Virginia. She's a school bus driver. She is seventy three years old. Her name is Effie Wynn and she was charged was strangling a student. She's a bus driver. Police were called to a disorderly it's an elementary school on top of it, please show up. They investigate the bus driver choked the student on the bus while parking the school school parking lot, and they have substanted the child is safe and did not sustain life threatening injuries, according to police. Seventy three years old. You know how much life can you strangle out of someone? The other factor, you need to hear this. I cannot wait to hear what the kid did to get the school bus driver to string You know the way kids are today and we as parents were the problem.
Speaker 2: It's not the kid. Kids are such a problem.
Speaker 3: No, it's the parents that are the problem because they don't tell our kids no, we don't correct their behavior, and then when they act like fools like this, it's not surprising that someone who's seventy three has had enough. I guarantee you the kid was doing or saying something that he or she shouldn't have been. It's hard to say, yeah, I want my bus drivers strangle with my kids. But I get where a bus driperty from teachers all the time, and I'm sure there's a lot of teachers that are quietly applauding Ellie Wins seventy three for choking this kid, sending a message to these other kids, like I'm the adult here, kid. I'm sure there's people right now that are, oh my god, I can't you believe you're condoning strangling children.
Speaker 2: They're poor babies.
Speaker 3: Now, your kid's an a hole, just like you, guarantee you it wasn't long ago where the kid I heard that, my son.
Speaker 2: He was actually it's a really good kid.
Speaker 3: He did something in first grade and I think it was I know, he's throwing something up in the air and hit a light and broken, and he got in trouble and he got punished at school, and then of course when he got home, the real punishment began. And I don't think that kid has acted up ever since. I know, I'm with a boy. I know I'm pretty lucky that way, but it's because hey, look, you know what, I got to go in and clean up your mess, and I got to go talk to the principal and everybody else. And there's a light that's broken and they didn't charge you for it, but they should, so you know they put him they I think, I don't know what he got detention wise, coupled a's or something like that, No big deal, but the punishment home was far worse. And we just don't do that anymore, not today, a different generation. And I saw like an old man, but I think it stands up. You know, no one's accountable for anything anymore, and you wonder why we have these problems that we do in society. And I know accountability has been dying for a long time, but more so today now than or before because no one wants to. I hell, our judges don't help criminals accountable anymore. Why do you think they're going to go back and do what they just did on your pinky promise? You pinky promise not to go and commit another felony. Okay, you gave me your word, but you told me a minute ago you wouldn't do it again. That you get for being gullible and stupid. We got to get back to keeping that pinpan strong. As they say in the case, here's guarantee you. No one else said the stones to step up to this kid who's terrorizing everybody else in school, I'm sure, including the bus driver. And she's seventy three, and she's seen enough and she's had enough. I don't blame her, quite honestly. It started GoFundMe for for Ellie Winn love that story. How about a news update and the very latest from around the world. Of course, we've averted destroying an entire country. So your globe, that globe you have in your corner office next year, Decanter or Brandy, is fine, at least for right now. We don't have to redraw the map lines anytime soon. Red's win big last night in Miami, a huge ninth inning come from behind, and more to follow here Scott's loan show. I got something a little I don't know. This is not lighter necessarily. We just had the rescue of the pilots and the CIA, if you knew, that was a big part of that too, because they ran a distraction campaign to allow the operators to come in and extract the pilot. CIA used to get a lot more play in books and movies and of course scandals and things like that. The CIA, they're watching everybody. You just don't hear about them. Anymore, what the hell's going on over there at the CIA. Clearly they're still in business and did great work this past weekend. Nick Reynolds, a former CIA agent, is here to talk about the that perspective on what the rescue was about, loss of the history and why we need them Just ahead here on the Scott's Loan Show, seven hundred WLWT, Cincinnati being Amfican. So let me here on seven hundred WLW celebrating a double last night or maybe just a pause. I suppose it's a two week seasfire between the United States and Iran. We'll see where this thing goes, if anywhere. But part of the success story, of course, is the rescuing of an airman who was shot down behind enemy lines. We know the story in the narrative now, and there's a lot of cool technology and things going on. But when you have Coelteam six operators and others involved in the rescue, that is one thing. But the organization did hear a lot about until this happened, is the Central Intelligence Agency. A lot of shows and books have been written about the CIA, but for some reason, we just kind of like forget that they're there and they were a huge part in this rescue operation because they operated a disinformation campaign to trick the Iranians into thinking the pilot was somewhere where he wasn't, so they could go extract them.
Speaker 2: Really really cool stuff.
Speaker 3: And you know, as we take a pause in the activities in the Middle East right now, and a deserved two week pause for sure, at least hopefully it's gonna be two weeks, they took a look at the CIA for just a second and what it is they were formed to do and what they do now on that is Nick Reynolds. Nick is a former CIA guy, analyst and operative too, and he is a guy who knows the stuff that we're not supposed to know about.
Speaker 2: That's the key.
Speaker 4: Ain't good morning, Nick, Hope you're well, good morning, I'm doing well.
Speaker 3: That's it, right, it's the stuff we're not right there, we're not stuff we're not supposed to know about. So they have a huge role in what just happened, the rescue of the down pilot inside Iran. And we've heard about the CIA over the years and a nefarious and it's kind of quiet now. So let for perspective here, let's go back to when it began in nineteen forty five.
Speaker 6: So you start at the beginning of the war. Absolutely, you know, everyone's in his own little siloed doing his thing, and there's very little communication between the various silos. I think one of the Navy codebreakers that the worst thing you could do was have a relationship of a professional relationship with an army code breaker. I mean that was was like, yeah that, yes, there's the Germans of the Japanese out there, but the threat that we really care about if you seemed that some at some point to be the other service. So by the end of the war, we're a little better at this, especially the code breakers are getting along with each other. But we you know, we're and we're starting to see that the foundations being board of the other agencies, and so we we try to figure out how they should how the buildings should go up, and you know, what connections there should be between them. So, yeah, it's a rambling answer, but bottom line is we you know, we start doing this in World War Two and we've we've kept doing it for the last seventy five years or.
Speaker 3: So, gotcha, And that's probably true all cases the history. I love looking back at history because it's a great indicator future behavior, but also how many times we repeat the same mistakes over and over. So what's interesting when intelligence gathering started World War Two, we're around that era and we've been doing it long before that. But the I guess maybe starting the modern are is that each agency, Army, Navy, all those things, air Corps, they'd have their own intel, but they wouldn't share because it was territorial. Certainly Germany and Japan and the axis was looked at the enemies, but so were the other competing agencies because you wanted to be the best. At some point somebody said, hey, we should collaborate, we should bring our resources together.
Speaker 2: But against repeated itself.
Speaker 3: We saw what happened in nine to eleven, right where the fire and police couldn't talk with the other. We had FBI, we had CIA, we had NSA. No one's sharing information about these potential terrorists. But we'd never learned from World War Two. Here it is the same situation developing.
Speaker 6: Well, it's hard for institutions to learn, and yeah, and you've got to figure out of way to the sort of formal and informal learning and every you know, how do you make sure that every rising group of leaders absorbs the lessons. So, yes, you can have schools and whatnot, but then you have to have like patterns of communication and behavior. The britsk kind of got it right. But they did it. They have advantages that we don't have. You know, sort of a homogeneous is the ruling class. It's very homogeneous, you know. They it was a much smaller country geographically, and they went to the same schools, they served in the same regiments. You know, Churchill when World War two breaks out, he has been in government since the beginning of the twentieth century, so he knows all the players. And he played a role in establishing the institutions m I five and I six. So it's a lot easier there here in this country, Yeah, it's much harder to get people going in the same direction. Uh, whether no matter what you're what what what the field of endeavor is?
Speaker 3: Right, Well, I think we're we're we're we're used to be more decentralized here, right, because we have federal we have states, we have county, we have local over there, it's different, right, It's see, you know, the federal government pretty much takes care of all that stuff and so you're training from an early age not to not not to think about competition and independence and things like that, and so for that in that regard it makes things easier, right, But when it comes to transparency and you know, being in touch with with local elements, I think our system is a little bit better in that regard, but that this is one of the downfalls of it.
Speaker 2: You tend to get territorial, right, There's.
Speaker 6: Pluses of minuses. So part of America's strengths is it is the fact that it's going in so many directions at once. Uh, there's a vibrancy to America that you don't have in European cultures. On the other hand, with signal like intelligence, where you need to have a coordinated efforts. They initially anyway in World War two, they definitely have the edge. They're the ones who they're probably the well, let's say at the government level. They are probably the world leaders. At the operational level, but Poviats are probably the world leaders because they know how to run espionage ops and special ops. They do a very good.
Speaker 4: Job of it.
Speaker 6: Psovia problem, of course is they've got a guy at the top who's who thinks he's his own you know. He thinks he can make the world do what he wants it to, and he ignores like there's a statistic out there. He gets like eighty two warnings that the Germans are going to attack in nineteen forty one, eighty two, and he disregards them all because he knows better, right he is.
Speaker 3: Nick Reynolds CIA retired and perspective on the rescue the daring rescue of the American pilots shot down at around last weekend. Uh and the c i A ran a great distraction campaign to allow our operators to go in and rescue, said pilot. So we're talking about the c i A, the history of the c i I guess because we kind of lost focus of them. You don't hear much about them anymore. When you do, it's in a movie or a book. And these are all super human freaks that are running around working for the c i A.
Speaker 6: Right, Well, you can't say I mean you get you get that, you gets dedicated. Mostly what you what c i A and any intelligence organization is a bureaucracy, and so what you what you What you want to know in the first place is does the bureaucracy work. Does it do what it's supposed to do. I don't think bureaucracy in itself is bad. The question is is it is it working or is it not working? And and so, uh, you know, when the process is good, then you get results. But it's you know, it's like it's like a lot of military activity. Uh you know, a year. I won't say boredom, but uh, you know, you get years of operation and then you got minutes or seconds of uh you know thing they're going.
Speaker 3: Down really exciting, and I gotta imagine largely a bunch of you know, I don't know, studious, nerdy type of people who are in you know, working a lot of algorithms and stuff like that, as opposed to the uh, the the black trench coat guy leaving markers and parks and picking up drops and.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that. Probably just a lot of people online.
Speaker 6: There's yeah, these days, right right, I was talking, I was talking to somebody, you know, and I'm not really a computer guy. I'm a little too old for that. But you know, these days, the world exists on that little screen and uh we were talking, Uh, collaborator of mine and I were talking a couple of weeks ago to a Marine Corps intelligence outfit, and you know, these guys are doing everything from within a command center in the United States and affecting operations uh overseas. That's the Marine course involved in. And so you know, that's how much it's shifted from from you know, you you around uh turn of the century to turn of the last century. I mean you you actually have people scouting out what's on the other side of the hill, right, so you climb to the top of the hill when you look. These days, you don't need that so much. You can you have all kinds of electronic means of trying to figure out what's on the other side of the hill. And and you can you can be the guy. You can be in a in the United States with your computer and analyzing, you know, bringing the information in, analyzing it and then sending it to a commander who's out there in the field. So yeah, it's it's a it's a changing world.
Speaker 3: Then they're probably less bodies like anything else in life, right, everyone who gets downsized, But we still have spies out there, and then the enemy still has spies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, yeah, I mean the.
Speaker 6: Mission from OSS to c IA of espionagees to is to recruit five, recruit and steal secrets. So I mean that's that starts in World War Two. You get you get There's a famous case that I described in my book of a guy in the German Foreign Office who brings briefcases full of documents, secret documents and delivers them to OS. Uh. Yes, absolutely, that's that's the name of the game.
Speaker 3: What makes a good spy? Where do you recruit from? You get these if you go on LinkedIn.
Speaker 6: What the CIA has officers, And that starts in World War two with OSS having officers. And those are the people who are are like your employees, and the employees go out and they want to recruit the foreign agents. There are various in World War Two. What you see primarily is agents who volunteer. They they they come up. You get somebody a German who's upset with Hitler and he goes to look for the Allied intelligence representative to say, hey, I am with you. I'm not you know, I'll do anything I can to defeat Hitler. And so then the the OSS guy takes the case and developed develops the case from there. So uh, it's hard to you know where do where do where does the AA officers come from? Uh? And it starts off it all starts on the East coast. And in World War Two, there's you know, it's like it's like, uh, actually on Wall Street. To a large extent, it's like somebody went through all the law offices and said, Okay, at war isn't Now You've got to go to Washington and work in intelligence. And then you see it start to broaden a little bit and they have the university types, a lot of ivy leaguers come to Washington. And then it gets a little broader and they say, well, you know, we need specialized knowledge of Germany or France or Italy or whatever. And then you see the agencies reaching out to people with those language skills or area knowledge skills. So, you know, it's hard, it's hard to I mean, you can you can talk, you can make generalizations about where the employees come from. It's harder to make generalizations about where the spies, the foreigners, the foreign spies come from because it's so it's so quirky. I mean, yeah, yeah, I get, it's almost almost almost by definition, it's it's like it's the outlier, right, the person who's not comfortable with what's going on, uh, for whatever reason. And the reason could be their love life, it could be, uh they're upset with a policy, and it could be they were passed over for promotion, you know. And like I said, those are the patterns that you're starting to develop in World War Two.
Speaker 3: Well, look at Lee Harvey Oswald, right, he trying to He became a Russian citizen and said, I've got all this information and basically like we already all know this stuff, and that's why I got it. There's part of the Kennedy conspiracy. And he went there and then became a double a agent or became a Soviet spy. And but they put him to work in a factory. Now, generally someone with that kind of information, they's gonna give them a better job.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to go hard.
Speaker 6: Right, I don't have an inside information about Levy Harveyozzel, but certainly that is not the that's not the career pattern for a successful spy. And I think I think everybody we I mean, my guess is, you know, the careful bureaucrats in the Soviet Union are going like, no, I'm not sure this is the kind of guy we.
Speaker 5: Want to sign.
Speaker 2: He's not the kind of guy. He doesn't really have any secrets here.
Speaker 3: It's pretty common knowledge on really fascinating stuff though, especially now, and it's it's always relevant, but and it feels like it's more relevant today. Probably not. We've always need national security. The agency is a headline it you know, it varies. We haven't heard from them in quite some time.
Speaker 2: And then of course with this Operation Rescue and the pilot, uh, the CIA comes back into play in a big, big way.
Speaker 3: By the way, he is Nick Reynolds, he's director of the CIA Museum. Joining the show's an insight on that rescue mission, but more importantly perspective on the CIA. Thanks a yeah, and he's gone so probably got some spy stuff to do.
Speaker 2: How am I going to hold him up?
Speaker 5: Right? See?
Speaker 2: I that's a pretty cool mission though.
Speaker 3: The fact that they went and got this pilot and it was this whole distraction campaign the CIA orchestrated in order to make the Iranians think the pilot was somewhere where he was not so they can go in and make the rescue and drones are surrounding them. In that way, if they said, well wait a minute, I think we're getting tricked here or get we're snookered. We're gonna go find a way. I think we got this guy. The drones would have blown those forces all to hell, that we're going to go after him in that mountain crevice. So an amazing story. It's going to be in a better movie.
Speaker 2: I think. I think it's gonna be on Netflix this weekend if I'm not mistaken. Maybe a paramount plus.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure we'll get a news update in and when we return on The Scotsland Show and Julie Baki here our career shirt up and the President. Of course, you know the thing about President Trump is, I don't know if you know this about him, very very polarizing, very even what just happened with this two week seas fire, very polarizing.
Speaker 2: We live in interesting times, don't we.
Speaker 5: She has.
Speaker 3: It's something that he has done quietly that makes a lot of sense to me when it comes to the workforce. When it comes to the workplace, speaking of federal employees, we'll get into that next with Julie on the Job seven hundred WW Scott's Loan Show.
Speaker 7: Helping you navigate the rocky path The fulfilling employees.
Speaker 2: Here's our career, Julie Bouki.
Speaker 3: Sorry, here we go in this day, this Wednesday with the Julie bees and uh, of course I all the noise about the war and the attack and what's going on Iran and nuclear weapons and all of these things. Something lost here the because the business of DC continues, just by the fact Congress is on a bit of a recess right now.
Speaker 2: Is uh. Here's a I think a really really good thing the president did here, and that is getting rid of college degree requirements for a number of jobs in the federal government. I say, I'll allu you to that, Julie Balki, that's great news.
Speaker 8: It is great news.
Speaker 9: Yes, it's interesting, you know, as parents for the segment after what population or what percentage of the populi is population has a college degree, either bachelor's only or bachelor's pluff masters, And it's about thirty eight percent. And so when you say the cost of entry into any of these jobs we have available in the federal government is a college degree, you are immediately knocking out two thirds, almost two thirds of the population who.
Speaker 8: Can even get past that front door. And don't tell me.
Speaker 9: That every one of those jobs actually requires.
Speaker 8: The things you learn in college.
Speaker 10: And so we for years we've had this, We've.
Speaker 9: Painted this broad brush on all jobs in the federal government and companies. Some companies have done the same and said, yeah, don't.
Speaker 8: Even apply if you don't have a degree.
Speaker 9: And I love the fact that we're stepping back and saying, certainly, there are jobs in which you do need a degree. You're going to be an attorney for the federal government, be an accountant, yes, But how many of those that we've said need it really don't.
Speaker 8: And so that what they're doing is the.
Speaker 10: Office of Personnel Management.
Speaker 9: Is taking a look at six hundred job classifications to review and just go back and say, let's do a reset on this.
Speaker 8: What is truly required?
Speaker 9: What are the things that the skills, the abilities, the interest that you should have to get into an entry level job like a purchasing analyst, you know, or something that is entry level. Do you need a college degree for that or do you just need the ability to read an interpret contract tracts, to write a contract, to do the math or the accounting or the finance work around that to make sure that it's a good deal. And then what are the soft skills that are required or the non I would say, sort of like communication, influence, ability to get along. What do we really need for each of these jobs? And it's an onerous task because six hundred job classifications is a lot, but it's.
Speaker 8: Well worth the effort.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent. That's a lot of jobs.
Speaker 3: But there's you know, well we just got rid of what some three hundred thousand federal workers could be another fifty thousand that go as well. So you know, six hundred plus job classifications. I'm not sure how many jobs that is in particular, but you also would have to look at and go, well, what about AI. AI is going to take a lot of jobs or at least change the nature of work there. I think that's an interesting factor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 9: And so when you look at who are those people when you're looking at so when you look at what are we going to require in each or some of these six hundred job classifications?
Speaker 8: Yeah, certainly some sort.
Speaker 9: Of facility or a billing ability of willingness to learn is huge because if you are the type of person who says, well, I've always done it this way and therefore it's good enough forever you that sort of approach to life or work is going to knock you out of contention, and it should because that's where every workplace is going. Is when you walk into nowtwork, things are changing. So back now then when you walk into a job, the job description or the basic responsibilities of the job might change in you know, twelve to eighteen months, right, And so that that ability to learn, that flexibility that yes, I'm going to dive in and figure this out.
Speaker 8: That's where we put that in what we call for.
Speaker 9: The soft skills category versus like the hard skills you know, accounting, finance, Excel, contracts, et cetera. Just going further with.
Speaker 10: My with my example that I used, and so it.
Speaker 9: Has to be sort of the well rounded here. If you are, we're going to and then we're going to find ways to ask you for to test whether you actually have those things and.
Speaker 8: So itse and then do you have a college degree? Okay, but if.
Speaker 9: You don't, we're not going to necessarily hold that against you because potential merit is really.
Speaker 8: What we're looking for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's people that are poking holes. Go all this is terrible because you know you I've heardge all these workers, and we're going to remove degree requirements. There's got to be a test, there's going to be a standard. There's They keep trying this example out about a doge hire who was nineteen years old, had minimal credentials and later accused of exposing social Security data. Like, because you're not well, I think the problem is maybe nineteen year old with minimal credentials. But the last time I checked, college people screw things up too, and they can also be criminals.
Speaker 2: If there was that, I'm.
Speaker 3: Dead there, not like, well you got a college agree, I guess, Yeah, you're great, You're going to do a perfect job. You're not stupid. And also you're not going to rip us off. If that's dumb, it's so dumb.
Speaker 9: Yes, and we've all I mean, and that's because I've been in this world in hr andy for so long. I have seen fairly incredible capable people who didn't have the fund should have the opportunity whatever it was, to go to college who are amazing, not getting opportunities because of that, and then being passed or passed over for a promotion for somebody who's coming in from the outside, who is completely unknown person in terms of their capabilities, but they have a degree. So the fact that we have ascribed a certain level or a certain set of characteristics, capabilities and potential to just having a college degree is laughable. It's always been laughable, but now because there's so much changing in the world in every lever that that affects that it's finally starting to pop up.
Speaker 8: And this is to me, this is just this is all good.
Speaker 3: Is the testing part of this idea a problem? That You're going to have to build some skill based assessments and that's going to take some time and effort. It's going to cost some money as well. But should there be some sort of some sort of test depending on the job.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Absolutely, And so this is weird. It gets a little bit hairy because skills based testing has been around in.
Speaker 8: Some form for decades.
Speaker 9: Yes, I mean, obviously, you know you're not going to be accepted into a trade school without doing some sort of do you have the aptitude to learn this? And I would know for sure because I know myself if I took an aptitude test for starting a trade school, I would fail it miserably.
Speaker 8: And so there has to be some.
Speaker 9: Sort of we all have different aptitudes and the things we can learn things are interested in, and so do you have the ability to learn this?
Speaker 8: How do we figure that out?
Speaker 9: And so it might be a series of hands on tests, it might be a quiz, it might be you know, job shadowing, and it might be on the job sort of stuff, or even just some there's so many skills based testing options out there. But what you have to be careful of when you do skills based testing, you have to really make sure that you're measuring the right things. And that's where testing has gotten in trouble all these years, because the testing doesn't measure what.
Speaker 8: It's purporting to measure, right.
Speaker 9: And you look at like the police Cincinnati Police Department, they certainly have have a some sort of skills or some sort of set of tests and a series that you have to go through. And so this is not new. But you have to be really careful because you have to be able to tie the results of those quizes and tests and everything you did with success and outcomes on that job. Otherwise the whole thing blows up.
Speaker 8: So, yes, it does. You have to This has to be done slowly and possibly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think it's normal and the government does the exact opposite of what we do in the private sector in the business world, because you know, companies like Google and IBM they dropped degree requirements a long time ago, not for all jobs, but for a number of jobs too, and the government finally is learning from them under Trump and maybe changing how we hire federally to which I don't think is a bad thing.
Speaker 9: No, it's not a bad thing at all. And we also know through though that are kind of chuckling when you said the corporations blah blah blah.
Speaker 10: They don't do it well either, honestly, And you know, I don't think there's.
Speaker 9: Anything glorious about the way corporations do things versus government, even though government gets such a wrap.
Speaker 8: But I think corporation screw this up equally.
Speaker 9: There is bias in hiring, period and there always will be anytime you have human beings involved in a process. There's there is there's bias that's just there. And so what as an organization can you do to make sure that you have you have closely tied the steps that you're requiring or the things you're requiring for a job to what does success look like? And sometimes it's a matter of taking your most successful people in a particular role and going and looking at them and say what made them successful and backing into it. And I am obviously a huge fan of this because I think anytime you have an arbitrary anytime you have what is really in sauna these jobs that has amounted to an arbitrary requirement, you really are missing some really great talent.
Speaker 3: I think that's very very much true that you tend to look up because you don't have that degree. And I think it's refreshing that this administration anyway, and certainly there's a lot of things we can criticize and gather as we will, this one kind of doesn't get the play it should it going in, Hey, you know, we do this private sector for a while, and you said mentioned that perfectly for sure. But the idea is that you know, it is a college degree indicator of how well you're going to perform for some of these jobs where you're a federal worker. And the answer, of course is no, it's not. I mean, Julie today in we're kind of old school here, I get it work ethic to me, it's the greatest indicator of future performance of how you're going to do if you want to show up and do the job beyond time, do all things you're supposed to do. You can learn, provided you know you're intelligent enough to handle the chore. But the fact of the matter is showing up as most of the job. And I don't care how many degrees or degrees you don't have. It doesn't matter at the end of the day. I think that is still as much as we don't talk about it, the biggest thing is are you going to show up and do the job?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, And that's that's something that you can interview for those kinds of things. It's it's hard to interview for all you're going to show up and do the job, but you can. There are some ways to look at people's past to ask them questions about I love the phrase past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior.
Speaker 8: I absolutely believe that.
Speaker 9: And we build track records, we build reputations, we build buzz.
Speaker 8: Around who we are.
Speaker 9: And if you're if you have always had a hard.
Speaker 8: Time showing up on time or doing a.
Speaker 9: Full week work, there's really not an employer who's looking at you has no reason to believe that you're going to change your strife and so there's there's there's an entire process that goes beyond skills. But it's it's really and I really hate the word attitude because it's not a behavior.
Speaker 8: You have to break that down.
Speaker 9: What behaviors make up a good attitude? And yeah, you have to be And I also love the phrase higher slow and fire fast because if you really are deliberate, yeah, I mean, if you're really deliberate and thoughtful about how you hire, you will have to fire less people. But when you do realize you've made a mistake, you need to cut those losses as soon as possible and move on so everybody can move on.
Speaker 8: But you have to have confidence in your process. And that's that's the thing. It's it's missing everywhere.
Speaker 9: It's too many hands on the weapon, too many you know, you have to have ten interviews or because people are afraid to make a decision, and so there's just a lot of stuff that goes into this.
Speaker 8: But this is a good.
Speaker 3: Start, yeah, Julie Balki, is there a riskless winds up being a I don't know, kind of a back door to get politically loyal workers in there, and you know, weed everyone else outing and there's the accusation doss part of that never came to fruition obviously too, but the scope of it. But but you know, I hear that complaint that, well, now you're just gonna so you're going to create these jobs with no degree and now you just hire people who think like you and cronies. Yeah, well, welcome to politics. That's what happens with every appointee, whether you're a Republican or a Democrat. The people who get the jobs you appointed jobs are people they owe favors to help them get elected.
Speaker 2: What the hell els is now? Why is this any different?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, exactly. And that's that's you know, that's actually true. When I was back in my HR days.
Speaker 1: So many times I was hiring, you.
Speaker 9: Know, I was interviewing the so and so's former babysitter, the daughter or son of someone who was a good buddy of mine, And so that will always happen, and.
Speaker 8: I wish it didn't, but it will.
Speaker 9: It's again, it's those humans in the process. But you still need to you still need to keep They still need to or should be jumping through those same hoops as anybody else.
Speaker 8: Who comes in.
Speaker 9: Because once you start hiring that way once or twice. You do it once or twice, all of a sudden, your credibility as a leader and as a person who wants what sets for the organization goes down the tubes and you start to lose engagement by the people that you really that you really want to keep.
Speaker 3: The target of this obviously younger workers. Why has the federal government struggled to attract that kind of work or young people?
Speaker 2: What do they need to fix that?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's it's it's sayings like good enough for government work.
Speaker 10: It's good enough, you know with right.
Speaker 9: I mean, when when all this doge that started cutting out, people are like, oh my god, there's so much waste. Well they didn't find they've found hardly any and there's always waste, but there's always been an impression that that you go get a job. And this is and this is also supported by the fact that anytime you have to deal with a government agency, sometimes it is it is laborious, it is long, it is weighed down by policy and process and practice that don't seem to make sense.
Speaker 8: And so if you've.
Speaker 9: Experienced it on the consumer side of the desk, then yes, you probably are going to feel that way and broad brush all government workers.
Speaker 8: And so I think.
Speaker 9: That the ability to be agile and quick and bring in younger people who do have and this gen alsha, that's after gen Z. They are they are the most digital natives that have ever been coming into the workforce and owes to them right now or.
Speaker 8: Sixteen and so they are going to start showing up in workplaces.
Speaker 9: And so that ability to change quickly, to move fast, to question things that are wrong, to bring in new systems is why they're saying. I mean people are are and will retire. We need to make sure that we are knocking down the barriers that bring to bring younger people into what can be really nice jobs.
Speaker 2: She is Julie Buki, our sirpa.
Speaker 3: She's at Theebuki group dot com ba uk eas I spell that her team, and she's got a bunch of folks ready to go and do research and push you in the right direction, kicking the butt if you need to tell you what's up when it comes to career coaching and consulting. Thanks again, chat next week, be good, maam. We've got a news update happened in about five minutes here and when return Jay Young is here. He is an actual real life landman. If you watch a show with Billy Bob Thornton, he's actually that dude owns a runs an oil company in Texas. And you know, the good news is, I'm looking at the markets right now. They're through the roof stock market. The nastuck is up a look over five hundred points of Dow was at one point up fourteen hundred points, an absolutely credible bounce back.
Speaker 2: But the reality, though, is the gas prices.
Speaker 3: According to the experts, it looks like those prices may be around for a while. How long is a while and how high is too high? J Young is next to explain the fallout after the ceasefire and peace agreement that should last about two weeks or less, but hopefully it's permanent. We'll find out with Jay next, how this affects your walt and your gas pump.
Speaker 2: Next? Seven hundred w ol Nobody's Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: Go on and being a Manican, you plenty here.
Speaker 3: Seven hundred wlw oil just a trader like fifteen percent in a matter of hours after the ceasefire agreement yesterday between Iran and the United States. How long do these inflated prices stick around. You may ask as you drive by the pump this morning, and do we ever go back to normal? What the hell does normal look like? He is the CEO of King Operating's oil gas man and his name is that Jay Young, a real life landman on the show. If you watch the show with Billy Bob Thornton, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Jay?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 2: How's everything in the great State of Texas this morning?
Speaker 5: They we're doing great. All we're doing is trying to look at twenty dollars less of barrel though. We we'll got through yesterday. But other than that and everything's pretty good here.
Speaker 3: How's your neck doing from all this whiplash?
Speaker 5: That's exactly right. But hey, if you're in the old business, you'll you'll go with the flow. They're stiled, keep your head down, do what you can for your partners, and just keep keep drilling. Grind it a good, good prospect.
Speaker 2: Keep grinding. Put this in perspective.
Speaker 3: So fifteen percent, you go at fifteen percent, So that's a massive single session swing. But can you put that in some sort of a historical context, and is the market pricing in peace or are they pricing in hope.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I think it's I think it's a lot of hope in my opinion. And you look at that, you look at the futures contracts for the next several months, and you're seeing prices that are that are not as high as as they are right now, which means that they're just this backward nation, if you will, of prices, meaning that there's just so much uncertainty that that's going into the markets right now. And you know, so I asked to the day. They said, well, how's this affecting your business? You know, when rolls at one hundred dollars a barrel, and I said, well, we produce it brings about two million barrels a year, and you know, two million dollars at twenty dollars. Two million barrels, I'm sorry, two million barrels at twenty bucks. That's forty million dollars a year more for our partners. That's a lot. That's a lot of money, you know, And it does it really affects job job growth here, It affects you know, non job growth, you know, layoffs and and things that nature. So it's it's the uncertainty is not good. But right now I think we're seeing the prices. Prices are going to them down, you know, as they have and but I don't think they're going to go down a lot further and stay there for a long period of time. We've had a lot of disruption, yeah, and they all supply around the world.
Speaker 3: Well, it's going to be a along with short two weeks, if that makes sense. The ceasefire, of course, is conditional. Ran still has to physically open the straight of four moves if they stall, if they drag their feet, if it's a partial opening.
Speaker 2: What is happening to new to prices?
Speaker 3: Are we just going to see this whips of effect for the next two weeks?
Speaker 5: We will, Well, we'll just see. You know, everybody's probably got cameras. I heard this morning that they say, well there's no big takers in the straight or removes right now, you know, there's there's you know, so they are they're going to look at it and they're going to find out what's what's going on with the markets, and they're going to see what's going on with with you know, opinions and what's going to happen. And you know, I don't I don't know if we'll if we'll ever know until it's already been done, you know, quite frankly. But I do know some facts, and I think you called me about some facts. You will some facts, And I do know that there is a lot of oil that's been disrupted with the strait of removes over the last you know, months, months and a half. And what I mean by that is, you know, all the Persian golf countries have shut their wells in pretty much. They you can't produce, you know, millions and millions of barrels a day and expect, you know, to hold it. And so it's they've been shutting these wells in for a long period of time, and about about twelve to fifteen million barrels a day they've had, you know, shut down right now because they don't have the storage capacity. So hundreds of millions of barrels have not been produced, which means it does not go into the oil supply. And when it doesn't go into the oil supply and it's disrupted, we're going to see problem for I mean, I was listening to the Bank of American President last night. He was saying that this could be you know, throughout the whole year that we the eighty dollars ninety dollars oil. So not just for right now, but also this is a factor for you know, a long, longer period of time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jay Young knowes wealth don't just restart on command. What's the realistic production ramp up timeline you're talking about here to get everything back.
Speaker 5: On the line. Oh, it takes weeks months. As a matter of fact, a lot of the oils may not even come back on. I mean, we've had whales before that we've had to shut in for unfortunate exist reasons and they just don't come back on. And if they do come back on, they may come in at sixty percent, sixty seventy percent of what they were before. So it does take It does take time. It's unfortunate that you have to shut down, especially oil wells, oil wels that are high pressure oil wells because of the liquids and because of the pressures down haul. It does take a lot. And you know, the unfortunate thing is it may not come back around, which means we're going to see a shortage in oil for a long period of time.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 5: And if we see that, we're going to see higher prices.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jay Young is a is a gas, gas and oil man out of Texas at King Operating, and our own government says Middle East to all production. Uh, because of what we're talking about, we're not going to see pre conflict levels return until late this year. So best case scenario deal don straight or goes open great or moving the containers through and ships through. But here in the Tri State families are still going to pay elevated prices for what the foreseeable future, at least to the rest of this year, right I.
Speaker 5: Think so, I mean, I I've been talking about higher prices going into the summertime when a lot of demand, you know, peace because of you know, people to go on vacations, and we shut rigged down. We shut rigging down for the last two three four years. I mean there's some there's some places that we've had forty rig declines, which means rigs are running, rigs aren't drilling for rolling gas number one. But number two is you know, the the wells that are online declined rapidly in the first year two years, so we're going to see an effect of that as well. So we're going to have a lot less supply on the market, and our demand continues to rise. So we're going to see higher prices anyway. And I wasn't even including the war in this, but you put this into effect with a lot of disruptions globally, I think we're going to see prices higher for a long period of time.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, we tapped into the spr the Strategic Patrolingu Reserve, we have Russian oil exemptions, We've got these backstops that were kind of helping us out through this crunch. But somebody think this came just in time, But it sounds like we're still going to feel this because all of those things and more that I can't even fathom at this point, are coming to gather confluence to put a further crunch on oil production.
Speaker 5: Yes, exactly. And Trump is doing anything and everything he can. He's got midterm elections coming up. Yeah, he does not want a lot more Democrats in the office because they'll try to impeach him and we'll hear about that for the next two years. So he wants oil prices lower. And I felt like that that all prizes at one hundred, one hundred and twelve thirteen are low compared to what they should be during the war. Like this so he's done a great job keeping it down, you know, and now he's done a great job with with you know, his negotiations so far. Look going to happen this afronoon or in the next couple of weeks like you did.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, hope we get something out of it, like you know, nuclear disarmament, there's got a piece. We got to get something out of this or otherwise, well okay, well why did why did we go through this exercise and put the world on the break for a few days if you can call it that? And the threats of course that were made or one thing, but action is entirely different. I get that. I just you know, you hope that you hope that there's an endgame here for us here in the United States. You know, I look at Saudi Arabia, They've actually benefited from their pipeline infrastructure during this crisis. Crude experts to Europe hit a two year high. Of course, you know, it feels like we're losing here. But who are the other winners of this? What roughly six weeks of chaos in the straight of our moves, And is the American oil industry one of them?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Absolutely, Yeah, When you see higher prices like this, revenues do go up and is good. And there's a lot more drilling prospects. I mean, there's some prospects that look good at you know, twenty thirty where we drill, we drill for twenty thirty dollars a barrow. But a lot of the shell prospects that they have, you know, they look they look really good at seventy or eighty dollars a barrow. They break evens, maybe fifty sixty dollars. But but you know, the higher the price, the higher the revenues, that it's not as important and it's not as important to drill well that you are thirty forty dollars a barrel for their brake. Even so it puts a lot more rigs on the on the market when you have higher prices and that and that's good for It's good for Texas, I know that because we do a lot more drilling and we have a lot of old production here in Texas, and it does you know, it's great for jobs, great for our taxes here in the in the in the state of Texas, and we don't income tax because of that. But it's it's really good for us here, and it's just good for for anybody. But you're gonna see a lot of a lot of of them right now. I'm afraid with a lot of the oil that that's that's been conflicted, East coast, west coast is going to see higher prices. And let's see how fast these these prices do come down. I mean, it's it gonna take. You're gonna take a few days or a week or what to bring these prices back down at the pump. Yeah, you know, Americans are paying eight hundred and thirty million more dollars a day right now with with with gasoline prices being up, they're paying eight hundred and thirty million more dollars a day. Let's see how long it takes these prices to go down with the pump. I just drove by a gas station. I didn't see I didn't see two dollars or three dollars on that on that side. So it may take a little a little bit because I have bought all that higher prices. But hopefully it'll come down soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're hovering just I think below four here in the Tri State in Cincinnati, Jay, and and you're in Texas, you know, The one thing we didn't mention ads the cost here is the shipping insurance premiums. Those have gone through the root for you guys and analysts expect a I think they call it a security search charge, which, of course you know anytime you get a search charge, they put it in and never.
Speaker 2: Goes away, never goes away.
Speaker 3: So that also helps keep prices artificial elevated even after the straight opens right exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And you're seeing a lot of the Saudi Arabia is charging nineteen fifty. It just reminded me that Saudi Arabia was charged in nineteen fifty because they can't getting all out of that version golf for the trader remove. So you're seeing a lot of taxes, but you're seeing a lot of taxes everywhere. California has a lot of taxes. That's why they're they're paying six seven dollars a gallon over there. You're seeing a lot of other states that are having to pay taxes right now, and you know, hopefully, hopefully we can keep these prices down and get back to normal. Whatever normal looks like. I think it looks like, you know, seventy eighty dollars a barrel is great for us as a producer. Yep, we don't. We don't need we don't need a hundred we don't need that's if you watch Lambman. You know Billy boll Parton says we need about seventy five dollars a barrel. So I would definitely, you know, right after you, right after you watch Lambman, just go get my book The Upside of Only Gas Investing, and you can learn how to how to make money out of all the things that Billy Bob talks about. Because it's a it's a great show, and it does that's how I grew up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, can you watch it? Is it? Is it fairly accurate?
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously you know what happens in one day, it's that's not reality. There's probably, like anything, a lot of sitting around and then you have a crisis of what You can't have that much drama in one day. Go out on your life, otherwise you die from sheer stress. I get that, But how accurate overall is it?
Speaker 5: It is accurate, but it's for Hollywood. It reminds me when Cooper goes out and he drills like five old Wells in an afternoon. I mean, he's like two hours late. He's like two hours late from getting back to his i think his girlfriend at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he.
Speaker 5: Said, yeah, he said, you know what, we hit every well we drill, we hit like five wells. And I'm like, it takes you five months to drill five wells. You're not You're not going to just go around and drill five wells in the afternoon or something. But it was made for all he was here. It's a great show, all the show.
Speaker 3: It's one of the best shows on streaming, that's for sure. Jay Young, So the too long, didn't read version of this thing. If you're just joined the Scotsland Shore Show here with a Jay Young who's an oil and gas man and his book is Upside of Oil and Gas Investing. He's a operator in Texas. Is that gas price is higher gas versus lose. Inflated gas prices are here for the foreseeable future, at least through quarter four of this year because of all the uncertainty that's going on, the fact that these strategic patroleum reserve needs to be rebuilt. We've got rushes issues in there as well with their needs. We have the insurance cost of shipping and the uncertainty of when Iran says enough enough and they close the straight again, if indeed that happens, And it seems like that's the big this issue is how can Iran control something that they really have no oversight on that would be the straight of our moves. That's the troubling part of this that there's no work around for.
Speaker 5: Exactly. And there's gonna be a lot more pipelines there. They're gonna be you know, built really soon because uh, you know, I think that twenty percent of all oil in the world goes through the strait of our movement to thirty three thirty three miles wide is just absolutely crazy in regards to you know, and relying on that, and I ran trying to get as much you know, control as they can and and hopefully this this thing's gonna it's go to play out where we can all play nice and we can do what we when we grew up, all of us grew up you know, on our knees rub side the bed saying you know, all we want, you know, got his world peace, and that's what we're trying to do right now as well.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, from an engineering standpoint, we would kick this r us. But if you could do something about the straight of our moves to take that, you know, it's it's obviously what you're talking about. There's moving mountains literally, I mean that in order to do like a canal. But you know, you think about here in the States, back to where I grew up in the Great Lakes. You know, it was the Erie Canal was a huge thing, right, the eery canotic. And then they said, well, we're gonna make a seaway now, and then that of course killed the towns. Well help kill the towns around the Great Lakes because engineering came along and literally could move mountains. I don't know if that's in the foreseeable future, but at some point maybe there's a way to do that where you can bypass the straight offod moves and take a rand completely other picture. Of course, that means that the nation or nations that you do something like that around are gonna wind them go. Hey, wait a minute, now we hauld all the cards and Iran does it anymore, and we have a new form of totalitarianism. And it's all driven by money and oil, which we need to live our modern lives. For sure, he is Jay Young, CEO of King Operating. It's oil and gas. He's a real landman here. It's not Billy Bob Thornton.
Speaker 2: It's Jay Young.
Speaker 3: The upside of oil and gas investing is the book. And thanks your time, sir. I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot. You guys. Have a great day and check back with me. Maybe you never know what happen. Right.
Speaker 7: We could do it daily update and it changed minute to minute. Take care, Jay, thanks absolutely, thank you, sir.
Speaker 3: We got to get news update in very late so uh travesty averted here.
Speaker 2: So the world did not end last night.
Speaker 3: In case you, just in case you were like me, you're watching Reds baseball going, hey, yeah, weren't we supposed to blow up her? Perhaps to end of the Reds game. Let's make the care. It's a good problem to have. Sarah Lisa snort report. She is going to celebrate the big dub last night, a milestone win very early in the season for the Reds, a milestone win. We'll get into that next on seven hundred w alw.
Speaker 2: There's lots to snort about today. Did you watch it?
Speaker 1: Reds fans rejewyers, I am so mad I fell asleep in the bottom of the nine either that's me and I was this close, this close to nothing, like, let's if something else is on, getting kind of get like, you know what, it's just something to.
Speaker 2: Hang around with.
Speaker 1: Even the come from behind it was incredible. It's like, well, those are the kind of games that you need to win to get ahead.
Speaker 3: It feels like I mentioned this in the teas, this was a milestone win last night.
Speaker 2: Absolutely the season.
Speaker 3: Granted, you know a handful of games, but still the fact that it was too nothing lead into the top of the ninth and the Reds come back and put six up. Like I'm watching this going, man, they can't score any runs. This is the problem with this team. Close games and all of a sudden six runs are on the board, so.
Speaker 1: We know that they can score. It is very possible, and of course it really does matter in those certain situations, and these are the kind of games that they weren't winning last year. Now, granted we're only eleven games and we've got one hundred and forty to go, but I still think this is a great sign of something to be really excited about with this team. And who knows what else I could get into this through a jet.
Speaker 3: I mean that was a cy Young level performance. I'll contra through last night. So I felt like, wow, it was a little nervous. The thing was obviously extremely happy the Reds won and continue the streak. But boy, talk about a guy who should be pissed this morning. I mean, he threw a great game, hands it off to the bullpen, and let me just say.
Speaker 1: And we know what that's like.
Speaker 3: We know what that's like. You give it to the bullpen and who came in to lose the game for him? We can empathize with the Miami Rolins because we also have a Tony Bender that does stuff like this.
Speaker 1: Ah, do you got to bring Tony in?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 3: Comes early picture Tony Bender, like, oh I think the Reds got a chance?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I was excited when I woke up.
Speaker 2: Tony Bender does the same thing here.
Speaker 1: I don't know nothing about Tony for.
Speaker 2: That, but give to get to run lead and he screws it up.
Speaker 8: Everything.
Speaker 1: Not Tony Bender. He's like the nicest guy that works here. There's a lot of dudes that work here, and I would say that Tony. I would say Tony and Chuck Chuck with traffic, those are the two nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tony could be a jerk.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you're at the you're at the very bottom.
Speaker 2: I would not be here if it wasn't for Tony's a guy who got me here.
Speaker 1: Really, the guy that got me here no longer works here.
Speaker 3: Well, Tony's gonna work here. And then he came back like everyone, we're all dumb around here, and you trying to get away from you. But if you see Tony Bender around today, say good job getting to Redgs to win.
Speaker 2: Thanks Tony Bender.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you listen to that presser with Tito yesterday, he said, everybody contributed to this win, and that's what it's all about, everybody coming together, getting the offense rolling and the pitch. And I feel like they're operating here on all cylinders. But yeah, I was glad to see that they finally scored some runs, because, as you know, they can't just get through the entire season with great pitching. However, I am a fan of this pitching right now. I know we were a little concerned with Hunter Green going down and Lodolo with his blister, but they're getting it done with guys like Rhet Louder and Chase Burns and Brandon Williamson is finding his way after going an entire year without pitching, so it's this is a fun group to watch and I'm having fun on this road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it was pretty fun to watch and McClean hitting that double first extra on the season for extra, and then exactly then you know, Ellie's on base and he winds up unbroken bend or screwed that up too, because for the wild.
Speaker 2: Pitch, he couldn't bend down.
Speaker 1: And he just showed. It just goes to show you just how fast Ellie is. And of course the Ruds are tweeting all about his speed, and they've got all the videos up on their social I've rey tweeted some of mine, but it is it's just like an exciting time right now. They swept over the weekend. Can they sweep the Marlins again.
Speaker 2: Well, they've at least split the series at this point.
Speaker 3: We'll find out later tonight, and they get anomort early game tomorrow, by the way, on Thursday down in Miami getaway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, six tonight, and then you got a noon something tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Love so inside Pitch tomorrowt eleven eleven o'clock.
Speaker 1: I love an early game love an early game, and then they're back for a six forty five on Friday night, and that is also the first fireworks night of the season, and also happening tomorrow, they're gonna be debuting the City Connect two point zero uniforms.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: You've seen the leak, You've not seen the actual uniform. You've saw a leak from some hangar. I see, what do you think of it so far?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 1: The red with the white sea, I hate it? You hate it? Why what's the hate about it?
Speaker 2: I don't like the sea.
Speaker 1: You don't like the pinstripes. It's the sea, okay?
Speaker 2: See I don't like this see logo.
Speaker 3: I love wearing this since I love the black jersey with says Sancy on it, I think that is incredible.
Speaker 1: And they're still going to wear those for Friday night home games. Those are not going anywhere. The new uniforms are gonna be worn for all Saturday home games.
Speaker 2: What makes it Cincinnati? Besides the sea that it's it's just Connect.
Speaker 1: You like the dollars?
Speaker 2: The Brewers have sausages all over. How come there's that chili all over this thing or something?
Speaker 1: You want chili all over that then I do you see enough of that at the ballpark.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying what makes it specifically homage to Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: The sea is on it. We have a scene, all right, Well that's what makes it Cincinnati, the wishbone. We are putting the sea in Cincinnati. What else do we want? Like a mustache on there?
Speaker 2: I want something the skyline, yana, something, give me, give me something Cincinnati, now grinned.
Speaker 1: You've only seen a leak. There could be other things on them. You don't know about it.
Speaker 2: You're the one who described the leak when it leaked out, Like, Yo, this is the jersey and.
Speaker 1: What's trending red? It is red with a white.
Speaker 6: Sea on it.
Speaker 1: That's all we've seen.
Speaker 5: Not like this.
Speaker 2: I want to see something on the best, something cool. Give me something cool? Since he was cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I don't know. They're not making this for you. I'm sorry that you're disappointed.
Speaker 2: I'm disappointed if that's a jersey, I don leg it.
Speaker 1: Someone not disappointed after that game last night, trending this morning, Matt McLean on his whole uh you know, getting that hit last night, and he goes, yeah, we're just going to keep grinding We're going to keep playing this game hard, playing the right way. He's like, that's exactly what we did that night. And this is Red's baseball. So there you go. Yeah, I'm happy to see Matt McLean heading because he had such a great spring.
Speaker 2: So what about Lathaniel Low So you brought him in here?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: About that guy? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I like that guy? Right, And this is my take. I know it's only you know, you've got one hundred and forty games to go, but it's like, these are the games that you gotta win. You gotta win early on that way, when September does roll around and you're playing the Dodgers for seven games and the Brewers for six plus the Padres and Braves, it's not like a do or die situation. Yea, you can kind of ease into September a little bit better.
Speaker 2: Right, it's only April slow down.
Speaker 1: This is how we roll around here. We start to think about September, like, oh, what does that schedule look like? It's a little crazy.
Speaker 3: Fourteen hours ago the world was going to end. So right now it's like we're just playing that. We're playing a bar times.
Speaker 2: Well, that's you know, got Cincinnati about September in August.
Speaker 1: Yeah, also last night, turning on social, Elie de la Cruz invited some Reds fans onto the field with them some little kids in the stands.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They had come in from Cincinnati, I guess, and they watched them take BP. So I thought that was cool, fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to take care of the kids.
Speaker 1: You got to take care of the kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought there was a missed opportune to take care of the kids. I don't know if he saw caught this in the first game this series. Sal's over catching a foul ball. He's in foul territories, look like he's got to hit the net, but he picked it off the net. Yeah, and there's this little chubby Reds kid standing there and he's got his glove up like he's pointing at the ball.
Speaker 2: He's like, it's Sarah there.
Speaker 3: Neally makes a catch and they totally ignore the kid, like, I know there's a net there, but he could have like slid the ball under the caid glove on.
Speaker 2: He was just it was what a missed opportunity.
Speaker 1: They're like, ooh, he get caught up in the moment, kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was focused on catching.
Speaker 1: The ball and then I do love Sal Stewart, you know, being from Miami. He's got like two hundred people in the stands and it looks like there are only two hundred people total at these Marlins games. I guess they don't get a big crowd for them.
Speaker 2: I saw his Jim Day was out there, was talking to his.
Speaker 1: Dad, to his dad, and his dad is so cool. And they've got like fath heads of Sal Stewart there and they've invited like his high school coaches and teachers, friends, family, Sal's girlfriend is there, and I mean, he's got quite the crowd cheering him on. And he put on a hell of a performance last night. So that's exactly what you want when you invite two hundred.
Speaker 2: People out, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: And I don't know how you were able to find two hundred tickets to that stadium, because that seems like a hard ticket to get Miami.
Speaker 1: No seats available, Like what's going on in Miami. This is where they held like the World Baseball Classic, and it.
Speaker 2: Was it was packed in staff look like the last twenty years of Reds games, where you know, by July and August there's no one in the stands, and it looked like a late season we've been eliminated game, doesn't it years?
Speaker 1: I'm like, why is it? This class just.
Speaker 2: Started and there's nobody here.
Speaker 5: What do you do?
Speaker 3: And it's Miami, it's indoors. It's not like, oh yeah, kids are in school and the weather's cold.
Speaker 1: I don't get it.
Speaker 3: I don't get it either, Like they just keep hanging around having a team. Even when they were good, they couldn't fill the place.
Speaker 1: Did you see that Tampa's stadium is finally back to operating again?
Speaker 5: Is it back?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: It looks good. It's got that weird glass structure on top. But whatever. I'm also going on that this is a huge sports weekend. By the way, of course, it is time.
Speaker 2: For the Masters, a tradition unlike any other.
Speaker 1: UMI like any other. And of course last night was the Master's Champion's dinner. I didn't realize this, but the winner from last year obviously they picked them in you we know that he pays for everybody too, not that he can't. I mean, Rory wins money all the time, won four million bucks last year from this thing. But this is the most expensive Masters Champion dinner they've ever had, at three hundred and eighteen a plate spent over nine thousand dollars on food, like a little wedding last night.
Speaker 8: Side.
Speaker 1: So some of the things that Rory had for his dinner, which I think this sounds delicious, bacon wrapped dates, rock shrimp, tempora, elk sliders, wagou filet mignon okay, wonder worth seared salmon, and sticky toffee pudding okay for three eighteen. That's a hell of a lineup.
Speaker 2: That's a good especially with that wagu full of by the way, you would definitely I was like, okay, well the elk you can get that at Jungle Gyms.
Speaker 1: I've never had elk before. I'd eat it.
Speaker 2: But the way you the elk and elk is delicious.
Speaker 1: Oh oh my god, have you had elk?
Speaker 2: I've had elk like chicken chicken.
Speaker 1: We don't know. It's like I just use like chicken.
Speaker 2: Tastes like a couple of lawyers.
Speaker 1: What would be your dinner then? Like an appetizer, dinner, desserts, oh.
Speaker 2: If anything, so appetizer wings and then just a simple man simple I do wings for the appetizer.
Speaker 1: For the main I was kind of saucy going with like a spicy buffalo, a.
Speaker 2: Spicy no like Frank's red hot, right out of the bottle.
Speaker 1: I love me some fans to go.
Speaker 2: It's so good for dinner. The main definitely more wings and then now I probably do.
Speaker 1: Like, come on, you gotta be like anything else, like a pasta.
Speaker 2: I could do something nice.
Speaker 1: You could do whatever you want. It's your dinner. You won the Masters.
Speaker 2: I probably do. I'd probably do a steak, okay, yeah, like the protein steak, and then like something like that, and what's your dessert? Then then we bring more wings back olaya.
Speaker 1: Nothing sweet you don't want, like a pie or something, any ice cream, maybe some graters, black.
Speaker 2: Rasberry chip, here's a mint. Shut up.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's kind of a boring menu.
Speaker 2: Boring. You put me on the spot. I mean, he had a year to think of this.
Speaker 1: I'm going skyline dip Jeff Ruby's steak and a little bit of black raspberry chip from Greaters.
Speaker 2: There you go, you're like the female seg everything Montgomery in and then you have a ron roost. And then I go to.
Speaker 3: Go to crap and Holtman's and get a jelly doughnut, sucked the jelly out and then I would I chew up some getta and spin it back in like a baby bird.
Speaker 1: See during the Stooge Report, Willie needs to ask seg what his what his master's menu look like, and then we can.
Speaker 2: Compare that carpelling human being. What would you put on your menu? If anything?
Speaker 1: I think Tom brannanman should tell us what his master's menu would be. Tom, you get to pick an appetizer and entree and a dessert.
Speaker 2: What Mike three, Mike three one, so we can.
Speaker 1: Get Tom's take on his master's ship.
Speaker 2: We go here, we go. All right, I'm gonna have a little uh spinach art choke.
Speaker 7: Dip tortilla chips. Yes, okay, okay, what's eat him? Because my bride is a peda gal. All right, Uh, dinner is going to be New York strip.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're all going steak.
Speaker 2: With fried chicken?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 1: What's your favorite fried chicken?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Tom, I think ruined that I had menu item for generations. Give me a break chicken ut.
Speaker 7: I don't know, somewhere good because I Lovesta they do pretty good chicken chicken.
Speaker 2: And then you you get to put what I am picking a drumstick.
Speaker 7: I gave up the sweets for lent and I mean to tell you it was a bee line straight for that freezer.
Speaker 3: Yes, what did you guys pick? I went wings, wings, and wings a dessert.
Speaker 1: You said, wings for desert.
Speaker 2: I'll have another cocktail. Thanks, that's my dessert.
Speaker 1: Fair like an espressove maurtini or just a.
Speaker 2: Bottle of bourbon.
Speaker 1: It's your dinner.
Speaker 2: Because we got to be hammered when we're talking trash about Tiger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Tiger was not there last night.
Speaker 2: You know, there was some serious Tom Tom And I'm going to Tom's because he's gotchicken. Thank him, thank him.
Speaker 4: You know you're the.
Speaker 1: Chicken right there.
Speaker 2: It's clucking good. Thank you, Sarah, Thank you Tom, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, go red.
Speaker 2: This is the home of the Red seven hundred. Nobody all do