Speaker 1: Back on the Big One seven HUNDREDLW twelve O eight Dan Perill in for the Great American Bill Cunningham taking the day off. This is my first show of the new year, So Happy New Year to everyone who was listening. And I got to tell you that today was one of those days. I came in and I really was I don't have a guest until twelve thirty. Well, I do have a guest now, but I didn't have a guest until twelve thirty. And I was thinking to myself, you know, I just got a bunch of different things I want to talk about, and one of them was the Hamilton County prosecutors have decided that they will not pursue the death penalty against Rodney Hitton, who killed the sheriff step and he back in May of last year. So they have decided that he is going to be able to use the not guilty by reason of insanity defense. Then you've got this dude who's taken a hammer to the home of jd Vance and busting out windows, and jd Vance is saying, hey, look, you know, maybe it's a it's not a good idea if you show my house on TV all the time, and then we've got all kinds of other stuff going on, and I'm thinking to myself, you know what is going to be the main thing I'm going to talk about. And I come in and literally I hear the news on the radio and we know that af Tab Purval and the members of council are being sworn in today. And af Tab Purval comes out and says, you know what, if we're going to address crime in the city of Cincinnati, well we need more money. We got it, we got to have a tax increase. So af Tab Purval comes out and proposes an income tax increase during his second inauguration speech, which happened just a little while ago.
Speaker 2: And I'm thinking to.
Speaker 1: Myself, I don't recall this mayor running for re election and campaigning on the issue of raising taxes. I mean, there was all safety was the number one issue. And now it seems that we have a mayor who says, if we're going to have safety in the city of Cincinnati, we're going to need more money from you, the people who earn money in the city of Cincinnati. And so and maybe I'm thinking to myself, maybe I missed this. Maybe there was a part of the campaign. I tried to follow it as best I could. I saw some of the debates on TV, you know, read articles stuff like that, and I just don't recall this. And I thought, you know what, I'm going to call the guy who ran against Aftab. I'm gonna call Corey Bowman, and I'm going to ask him if Aftab Purval spoke openly, loudly, proudly about this, that he was all about raising the income tax in the city of Cincinnati, if we are going to get serious once and for all about addressing crime in this city. And Corey Bowman, I got myself a little worked up there. Thank you for being here, Pastor Bowman, And let me let me ask you the question. You were there, You were a part of the campaign day in and day out. You saw what f Tab Purval was putting on social media and all the rest of it. You were there with the debates and everything else. Is this a key issue? A main issue? I would think that raising taxes would be a big issue in a political campaign. Maybe I missed it, But did af Tam Purval go out and campaign on this that?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: My first the first thing I talked about in my inaugural address is going to be the need to raise earning taxes in the city of Cincinnai. Did that happen and did I just miss it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: First off, Dan, thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 5: Happy New Year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if you know, a great American Bill, if he's listening, you know, I hope he's.
Speaker 6: Having a great day off in a good new year as well.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I wouldn't say as far as the campaign goes. We did have debates to where we had questions regarding a lot of different issues.
Speaker 6: And I remember in one of.
Speaker 4: The debates they did ask, you know, as far as what would be our you know, mindset as far as raising taxes go, as far as the earnings tax, And I think it's you know, should be fairly obvious that, you know, there's kind of a couple of ways of thinking. Is one, are you actually going to have practical solutions to the problems of our city, or is your solution just we just got to throw more money at it. And we've seen time and time again that, you know, whether it be with the five point two million dollars that they put as an influx into public safety this last summer in response to all the violent crime that was increasing downtown, or whether it be the Act for Sincy that was happening that got three point two million dollars out of the city budget, or whether even with the curfew centers when we put I think it was three hundred and fifty eight thousand dollars into curfew centers that didn't see one teenager come through the doors. I think the question you have to ask yourself is you know, are you it's not that are you surprised that he wants to raise taxes? I think prizes is that they don't know how to manage money. They don't know how to spend it properly. And when you run on raising taxes but yet you're not spending the money that you have right now properly, that's going to basically decrease any confidence that people have in their government. We're seeing that even in Minnesota right now, people have lost all hope in the government spending their tax money wisely because of all this fraud. Well in Cincinnati, you know, I don't necessarily think it's to that extent, at least.
Speaker 5: I hope not.
Speaker 4: But a big thing is that they keep on funneling money into nonprofits, contractors, NGOs, and community initiatives that don't do anything to curb the violence or the crime in our city.
Speaker 1: So we've had all this hundreds of thousands or ten and tens of thousands and maybe even millions of dollars going out to what to fight crime, and we've had all these swings and missus. So are all these programs going to continue? Are all these things going We're going to continue doing all that plus an additional whatever the number is, point one five percent of earning sex increase. And so once we have this new pot of money, then things are really going to get serious about fighting crime in the city of Cincidata.
Speaker 2: Is that is that this as we're getting here?
Speaker 4: Well, we saw the same thing with the railroad fund. Right, Hey, you know we don't have enough money. We're going to sail the railroad and that's how we're going to fix our road. Yes, well, our potholes are just as worse as they ever were before. So now they're telling us, oh, we can't fight crime unless we have more money.
Speaker 1: We're not driving with gold right now. We're not everything as smooth as the red carpet rolling from from the West Side over to uh, you know, over to Mount Adams.
Speaker 2: That's not happening right now.
Speaker 4: Now, Now here's the thing that you got to look at from a from a practical aspect of it, from the city budget perspective. Right now, the earnings tax, last numbers I looked at, and they could be higher or lower slightly, but overall it's about sixty four percent of our city revenue comes through the earnings tax. Well, if you look at the budget going out, roughly about sixty four percent of that or high or lower, you know, depending on what you're looking at, of the city funds are going toward public safety. And so our process whenever we were running our campaign was you can't run on decreasing an earnings tax right now with the city budget and then also fund the public safety more. You have to have a plan in place to figure out, Okay, where's the money coming from. So their justification is our current earnings tax is what funds are sixty four percent of the budget going toward public safety. The only way you're going to be able to increase public safety is to increase the earnings tax. I would beg to differ with that because I think you've got to look into an extreme external external I would say a third party needs to look into an audit of how this money is being spent in the public safety and see how much of it is actually going toward administrative cost going into the these community initiatives or these things that might pick up trash or paint a door, but they don't actually fight front. And then the last thing I would say too, is that right now, we just extended the contract for an investigation into how Chief Fiji was let go. The initial number was forty thousand that went into that. Let's not forget that we're paying a settlement to Michael Washington, who in the public safety sector, who was wrongfully released as the fire chief, and now we're paying a settlement to that. Soking like there's a potential settlement or potential funds that are going into the firing of Sherman Smith, another fire officer. And then you've got this whole investigation going on with Chief Fiji, which is going to be draining more of the funds as well. All this has to do with public safety as well and officers that are being wrongly let go. So I think that we've got to look at it all as not do we need to increase earnings tax and put more of a burden on the businesses the people of Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: Let's look at how.
Speaker 4: We're spending the money now and see what actually sees results.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and let's not forget the eight point one million dollar settlement that is going to go to those individuals who were disobeying the legal and lawful curfew that was in place in the city of Cincinnati back during the Summer of Love in twenty twenty. So we've got apparently we've got money for that. But when it comes to public safety, you know, and I've been thinking ever since the election, Corey Bowman, I really I haven't heard much, if anything at all from the mayor. I haven't heard much of anything at all from the city manager. They won't come on this radio station. Every time we have a member of council come on, they do an interview and they talk about, well, you know what, we really we don't have great communication. We really don't know what's going on. I can't answer questions about the chief, I can't answer questions about the settlement. I can't answer questions about an eleven year old who gets killed in the West End two years after it was requested that we get lights and cameras out there so.
Speaker 2: We can see what's going on.
Speaker 1: But Corey Bowman, I'm getting ready for the show today and on my social media, up pops a video from the mayor and the city manager. And here's the issue that they're talking about on their social media. Dave hit that cut cut number two, New year, new sign, the glow up.
Speaker 2: You've all been waiting for. Let us turn the lights on Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 1: So you see it's a celebration of the new sign out there on the convention Center. So they don't want to come and answer questions about all these other issues that's going on, but we got the new sign out there. So that is the thing I think that Corey Bowman that they would like us all to be focused on, is that there's a new sign in the city of Cincinnati that welcomes people to our town. Because as we know, everything is perfectly fine in the city of Cincinnati, perfectly safe, nothing to worry about, Come on down, have a great time, and the mayor and the city manager are all about it.
Speaker 4: And what I would say with this is that you know, this is an election year for me, This isn't a city election year. These are people that are getting sworn in because and we have to respect the results of the election. You know every person who voted, but I just you know, what I would push is that when I talk to people on the streets, but more personally, for me, when I talk to the family members that are part of my church that lost a granddaughter.
Speaker 6: Over the last week.
Speaker 5: When I stood in.
Speaker 4: Laurel Park at midnight and talking bridging the gap between cops that were there to protect the family and the family members on the street, I realized that we have to come together as a city and address real issues. We have to make this public safety a number one priority. It's not about militarizing, it's about spending the money properly. It's also and I want to bring this to light as well. Right now, we're twenty percent understaffed with the police officers. It doesn't matter what organization you're a part of. If you're twenty percent understaffed, you're going to lack in productivity as matter if it's a factory or a school or whatever. You've got police that are drowning because there is too much work for the eighty percent of staff members that are there well, because of things.
Speaker 6: How they're run.
Speaker 4: Right now, you have a lot of potential officers that are not going to enter into the drop, which basically means that they're eligible for retirement, but they still stay on the job. And so right now there's a reality that there could potentially be fifty, sixty, even eighty officers that take the retirement over the next year, and then we're dropping down to thirty percent understaff. This is a huge problem in our city. We've got to do lateral hiring, we've got to spend our money properly, and we've got to think about the communities that voted these elected officers in.
Speaker 1: And Corey Bowman, the thing is, these issues that you talk about are not issues that have developed over the past weekend or maybe over the last month. These are issues that have been around for multiple years and have been addressed in a serious or meaningful way. And now we get to the point to where we have the mayor say that, look, we're gonna look at these issues. We got to have more money. So it just it is a just a gross failure of leadership. And I don't We've got about thirty seconds left here. Do you see any hope that these things are going to get addressed with. This is not a new council, but a re elected council that is coming back in with one new member.
Speaker 4: Well, I think the question is do you not shouldn't be do you see hope? But are you gonna are you willing to move forward and inspire hope? You know, for me, I jumped into a race last year to get the voice out of these issues, to get it involved in the conversation. I think that the people that rose up and started making these issues at the forefront of the conversation. You have to be even more vocal right now. Hold people accountable, because that's the only thing that's going to provide any hope for us to move forward. Cincinnati is still, in my opinion, the greatest city on the face of the earth, not only because of what it is but what it can be. And I love the people, I love the community no matter how they voted. But we all have to be able to see different solutions if we want to move forward in these areas.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Corey Bowman, I appreciate you jumping on on short notice. Today We're all going to pray for a Queen er and her family and hopefully something will get done. And you are, as I said before, I'll say it again. You are the man in the arena and I appreciate you taking the time and the work that you do every single day. That's the vast majority of that work is not in the spotlight. But I appreciate you being here to share your opinion today. Corey Bouman, all the best of you, my friend, and we will talk on down the road.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 6: Dan.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, Corey Bouman, the man who would have been married, and we ran out of time, but I wanted to ask him what he would have said if he were the one being sworn in today, but we'll have time to do that at a later date. Twelve three Dan Carrolyn for Bill Cunningham The Great America on seven hundred WLW seven hundred WLW twelve thirty seven Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham. And as I mentioned at the top of the broadcast today, it is my first show with the new year. And if it's my first show of the new year, I can't think of a better way to have a first show of the new year than to have my guest.
Speaker 2: I have now.
Speaker 1: Cheryl Chumley is the online opinion editor at The Washington Times. She's an author, she's a military veteran, and just a great guest and a great commentator on the current state of events that we find ourselves dealing with right now. And Cheryl Chumley, it is great to have you on first time in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 3: Thanks to Cheryl, thank you so much for having me on. Happy New Year, having a new.
Speaker 2: Year to you.
Speaker 1: I guess you're not making plans anytime soon to move to New York City so you can experience the warmth of the collective. I'm guessing that's not not in your immediate plans.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to visit New York City, never mind moving there. So yeah, ma'am, Donnie can can keep the city, he can have it.
Speaker 1: You know this, I mean this phrase, the frigidity of rugged individualism. They're going to furglore that too, to have the warmth of the collective. This is not a mistake. This is a phrase that has historical context, and you talk about it in your in the in the Substack that you just put out talking about how this whole thing is a bloody lie. But this has historical context to it. That goes back to the Soviet Union, that goes back to China and Mao, that goes back to Nazi Germany, for God's sake, And and you know, we had this, this grotesque display of wallowing in socialism and capitalism. Bernie Sanders, was there, aoc was there? You have Lea Tisha James. You had the governor of New York all all celebrating the greatness of socialism on New Year's Day in New York, the greatest city on the face of the earth, and he comes out with this in a warmth of the collective. And I mean, this has got to be a precursor, I mean for terrible things that are going to come down the road.
Speaker 3: It definitely is right. But here's the light at the end of the tunnel. At least the Democrats are acknowledging that what they're putting out there is collectivism, because I don't know how many years you can go back in time. Twenty thirty years you can go back easily. And the Democrat Party has been moving socialists for a very long time, but they've been calling it something else. They've been calling it progressivism, they've been calling it democratic socialism. They constantly water it down and they fight the label of socialism. And if you call them communists or socialists, they start talking about, well, that's not really socialist, that's not really communists because we let people have control of production still, and they go down this scholarly rabbit hole that just confuses people. Right, So finally we have somebody who's calling it what it is, collectivism and it is the opposite of individualism, which makes it in one hundred percent conflict with America.
Speaker 1: And it's not just Mandanni himself, it's the people that he is putting in place around him that share his vision and may even have a stronger vision of this than he does. And I want to play a SoundBite from his what the what they call his tenant director. See Weaver is this individual and I guess she's the one that's going to be overseeing the freezing of rents and the relationship between people who live in apartment buildings and the owner of the buildings. And she's got some interesting takes on when it comes to private property ownership in I guess in New York City and all of America and here or she is talking about that, Dave, let's hear cut number one.
Speaker 8: The reality is is that for centuries we've really treated property as an individualized good and not a collective good, and we are going to and transitioning to treating it as a collective good and towards a model of shared equity will require that we think about it differently, and it will mean that family is, especially white families, but some POC families who are homeowners as well, are going to have a different relationship to property than than than the one that we currently have.
Speaker 1: The reality, so there you go, Ryl Tomley, We're going to have a at least New Yorkers are going to have a different relationship with personal property than you have now. Isn't that fantastic? Isn't that the brave new world that we all want to step into?
Speaker 3: Well and against his dock drop, Look at Venezuelan's right cheering because they just ousted or had seized from power. Maduro, who would believe wholeheartedly in what this woman is saying about private property? Look, you know what this is setting the stage for is lawsuit after lawsuit in New York City, right which let's remember, is going to be fought with tax dollars. So it's going to be a wasteful expenditure of US tax dollars and city tax dollars and state tax dollars, because you can't just tell landlords that they have to charge a certain amount for their renters. Right, there is still private property protections in this country. And just because the City of New York won't recognize that, the US Supreme Court will. But the big danger here is normalizing the idea that homeownership or the ability to rent a home for what the government deems affordable costs is something that we should be seriously discussing in America. That that idea should never be normalized in America. And that's that's really the peril when you have people in power who talk about that openly.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about Mondanni in New York City and Maduro, because I think this was a part of the overall picture that Donald Trump wanted to present. He's he's purple walking Maduro all over New York City. I mean there's there's either, there's motorcades, there's him walking off the airplane, there's him getting on the helicopter. All this stuff and so so that the trial and the quart appearance of Maduro and him being held is happening in New York City. I don't think that's my chance either. I think that's the He wants to put this right in the face of Mandannie and you know you, you know you want to you want to talk tough and talk about how you're going to bring me to heel.
Speaker 2: Uh, here you go.
Speaker 1: Here's here's one of the things, uh that that I'm doing, and I'm putting it right in your face. I think that's a little bit of the uh uh the play here going on by Trump.
Speaker 3: Oh he's still there.
Speaker 1: Yah, we got you going, David. Sounds like we got a bad connection there with Cheryl Chumley.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think we're back now. I think he said it out.
Speaker 2: A little bit to Okay, Now, I think we got you now.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I agree with you that Trump is the master of the narrative, right. He knows how to play the media. He knows Yeah, all right, Oh man, if have we lost each other again?
Speaker 2: Dave, how are we looking at it? You know what, Let's let's do this.
Speaker 1: Let's let's take a quick break and uh, let's try and re establish the connection there with Cheryl, So Dave, can we do that? Can we take a quick break here and then we'll try and re establish with Cheryl Chumley and we hopefully will continue the interview on the other side of this. Twelve forty five Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham, seven hundred WLW. All right back on the big one, seven hundred WLW twelve fifty Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham. We've re established our contact with Sheryl Chumley and Cheryl we were talking about the bit of gamesmanship that Trump is engaged in with Zorhan Mandani and Ma Donnie comes out after the extraction of Maduro from Venezuela and he says, Oh, I've been briefed on this, and I've got he's got all kinds of problems with Trump and the illegalities and all this. But the part I love about this is that the reporters in New York said, do you even have a security clearance yet? And he had to admit that the briefing was done by his own team. So the briefing he got was information that is available to everyone who's listening to us right now from open source information. So this notion that somehow he had a briefing above and beyond what others could get was that was shot down by the reporters in New York. So I enjoyed that a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Classic socialism, right, I mean, they're constantly lying. They just can't help themselves and their whole policy, their whole ideology is built on one line after another, so it's no surprise that you would try and slide that by. Thankfully, reporters called them out for one right, the reporters actually did their jobs.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Talk a little bit about the reaction from the media on this. You and I have talked about any number of issues that have happened during the course of twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five, and here we are now in twenty twenty six, and the reaction from the left is so you could set your watch by the reaction from the left on this. It's so predictable. And I was watching. I was up for some reason. I got up early on Saturday morning, like two thirty in the morning.
Speaker 2: I turned the TV on.
Speaker 1: I see this thing going on, and then it was I don't know, six thirty seven am. Rachel Maddow's on MSNBC, and she had about a five minute segment on there. They called her up to get her analysis on this, and during the course of that five or six minutes, she must have said this action is illegal more than a dozen times. And that's of course the only thing that she had to go on with our analysis. But it's so predictable the reaction that we get from the left and from the media on this is it not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the talking point, right, that this is illegal. And what's very curious to me, First off, it's not illegal, right because anything that Trump and his administration do, you can pretty much count on the fact that it's been vetted for legality because they know that the left is going to come out and cry that it's illegal. So that right there should give the American people some comfort. But the other part of that is there were actually indictments issued in twenty twenty for Maduro, right and after that, after the indictments were issued in New York for Maduro for being a narco terrorist and conspiracy and other issues that the Democrats wanted him captured, the Democrats wanted him seized. It's only when Donald Trumps successfully enactivist operation that suddenly Democrats and the left leaning media and all the leftists out there hate what Donald Trump has done, are calling it unconstitutional and illegal, and they're being put in the position of defending a narco terrorist. Amazing, It's a little bit more of the gamemanship strategy of Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Isn't that amazing?
Speaker 1: And I was watching a clip that someone put together on social media and it was all the CNN people, all the MSNBC people ripping Donald Trump back in twenty sixteen because he wouldn't go after Mrduro. They were talking about, this guy is so bad. But you know, this is what Donald Trump wants to be. Donald Trump wants to be a dictator strong man like Marduro. So of course he idolizes him and won't go after him. So on one hand, they're calling him out for not going after him, and then when he does, all they can say is that, you know, this guy's out of control and he needs vampede.
Speaker 3: Yeah. President Trump has completely frustrated the efforts of the left, the Democrat Party, which is to say, the Marxist Party and their friends in the media to ding him successfully because every time they try and slam this president. He just sort of skips and pure ways and dances away and turns their accusations back on themselves. And you know, it's classic Democrats to forget the fact that Biden, Joe Biden actually wanted Maduro ousted, supported a I think it started out as being a fifteen million dollar bounty on his head and it went up to twenty five million at the end of his term. Wanted to get Maduro so badly, could not because he was feckless and a puppet of the left. And now Trump has and the left wants America to conveniently forget this. Well, in a Navarro on the View is happy about Trump's seizure of Maduro and the fact that Maduro has been toppled, and if she can come on board and put her anti Trump Trump derangement syndrome behind her and support this administration, the rest of Democrats ought to be able to do similarly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was pretty amazing with the look of the shock on the faces of her co host as she was talking. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall behind the scenes after theyah when they went back to the green room after that show, was ever, what the hell are you talking about? But talk about Tim Walls for a second, and he's dropping out. He's not going to run for re election in Minnesota. Has this thing with the fraud investigations in Minnesota? Has that thing just gotten to such a critical mass now that he's seeing the writing on the wall, and he's got to get out while we're getting good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he has to drop out, right. And he's dropped out, probably because of pressure from some of his fellow Democrats who are concerned about the long term political ramifications of this. Because in Minnesota, right, we've known for years and years that fraud in these systems have gone forth, but we were never given this up close and personal feel of it until Nick Shirley went out there with his cameras and videotaped the empty childcare facilities along with the misspelling the luring center, right, which is going to go down in history. It's one of the funniest meanings. Right, But yes, exactly so, now there's some real movement to root out this fraud, and with this administration to determination, Waltz really had no choice. The bigger question here is what's going to happen in these other states, right, Governor Gavin Newsom ought to be on a little bit on eggshells. Now, New York, Illinois, they're all going to face these same fraud investigations by this White House.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then all these others, so many these other states. At least the preliminary information that's coming out on this, they're saying, this fraud in California and some of the other states is going to dwarf what happened in Minnesota.
Speaker 2: And we and we have it.
Speaker 1: I don't think we've even uncovered or revealed the true money amount that was defrauded from the taxpayers in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: No, we don't. And look here's the real, I don't know moment to cheer. We all know conservatives know that social services are just ripe for the pickings, right, and that founding fathers would never envision a country where it was cradle to grave entitlement programs paid by taxpayers. So it really is a good moment in time to be having an administration taking a hard look at these social service service programs and all the ways that has gone forth. We know from day one of their creation.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, CHERRYL. Chulmley got to run the warmth of the collection is a bloody live. That's your latest on your substack. If people want to find out more about you and your books and all the other irons that you have in the fire, where can they do that Washington.
Speaker 3: Times, of course, my sub stack or go to my Amazon author page. Thank you, Dan, appreciate it all.
Speaker 2: Right, Cheryl Chummy.
Speaker 1: Always great to have you on and I look forward to the conversations that we will have in this new year. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Can't wait.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, the one and only Cheryl Chumley. Always great to have her on and her takes on these issues are just fantastic and that's why I love to have her on. So my first show of the year, Corey Bowman kicked it off and Cheryl Chumley here to talk about this and just so great to have her on. A couple more guests we've got coming up here on the Bill Cunningham Show this afternoon after the News Here at the top of the hour. Mike Gonzalis is a fellow with the Heritage Foundation, and he is going to be here and he's going to talk about if you really think you know what's going on? And look when it comes to Venezuela. I am not claiming to be an expert on what is going on with Venezuela, but this guy is. And if you really want some perspective on this, about what's happening in Venezuela, what the political outlook is, and what the current political situation is. Mike Gonzales has done tons of work on Venezuela before we knew about the raid and we knew about Moduro getting spirited out of there in the middle of the night. So I encourage you to stick around for Mike Gonzales and then doctor Bryant June Deff will be here in the two o'clock hour. And this is the guy who has traveled to every country in the world, and he has traveled to Venezuela as well, so we will speak to him about what's happening there and some other issues as we continue on till two o'clock this afternoon, it's Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham on seven hundred W out of.
Speaker 2: And another from the nineties and two thousands. The smaller than.
Speaker 5: Numbers, the bigger they hit, all commercial free relive the stories behind the songs with classic American top forty.
Speaker 2: Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the times.
Speaker 8: Search casey case them, and make these your next process.
Speaker 1: Seven HUNDREDLW January sixth, twenty twenty six. New Year is here. My first show of the new year. Get to sit in for Bill Cunningham and do the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 2: Always glad to be here.
Speaker 1: I could come in again Friday for Cunningham, so I'm looking forward to that, and right now I am looking forward to speaking with my next guest. Mike Gonzalez is a Senior Fellow at the Heritage Foundation. He is an expert on foreign affairs, and the guy has reported all over the world. He's done all kinds of I could spend the next thirty minutes reading his bio, but then they the interview would be over and we wouldn't get the wise words from Mike Gonzalez. So, Mike Gonzalez, Happy New Year to you and thank you for being here.
Speaker 2: How are you today?
Speaker 5: Happy New Year? And happy day of the Epiphany, the Day of the Epiphany.
Speaker 1: Got to remember that too, absolutely absolutely, what has Donald Trump gotten himself into with these moves he made in Venezuela.
Speaker 5: I think Donald Trump is making a bid to be the foreign policy president of the last half century. I can't think of a better legacy than the one he has right now. Now, as you know, with one policy, things can can go. As my Scottish late Scottish mother in law used to say, pear shaped. You can go pear shaped very quickly. But right now he's got a ceasefire in Gaza, he's got an Iran without nuclear capacity, and he's got the head of the Cartel of the Sun's Nicolas Maduro's uh in shackles in New York on the US custody. And he may have a transition in Venezuela that will not only be enormous for the global economy. And I can get into that in a second. Why the ramtifications for the global global economy are are so huge, But he could have ramifications throughout the region. Cuba, the regime in Cuba cannot survive without the Venezuelan oil subsidies. UH, the the smuggling networks that bring in all the narcotics that are that are causing the death from over those of one hundred thousand Americans are gonna have a very difficult time without this UH, this Cartela, the SOLA is based in karrakas being able to operate. So I think that Donald Trump has gotten into a very good place at the cost of sis, at the cost of know that on our site zero debts, and I hear about seven wounded are injured, none of whom are in critical condition, all of whom are in stable conditions.
Speaker 1: So you have been way ahead of the curve on this. Back in December, you wrote a piece about some individuals who are close to Maduro who are cooperating with the United States different I guess agencies within the United States that were building the case against Missouri. They're getting a lot of information from these individuals who were close to Merdureau. How much of a part did that play in the timing of this and Trump making the move when he did well?
Speaker 5: They wrote letters to Trump by talking about Colio Karma, how yeah, and the name of the Cordonas Yeah. Whyever, Cordonas Yeah, that's why Cordonas Cardonas. They wrote letters saying, look, we're we're part of a narco terrorism conspiracy. This is what we did. That says it was Cuban inspired, the idea came from her. It used Venezuelan.
Speaker 7: All the money and the muscle of the Colombian UH guerrillas, and lo and beholdan long behold Saturday morning in Caracas, in the early hours of Saturday, when.
Speaker 5: We had this this spectacular mission, which which which produced no depth in our side, but of between forty and fifty dead on the other side. This is his story that is huge and is going largely under reported. The vast majority of the people killed on the other side were now Venezuelan's dan They were Cubans. Thirty two of the of the of the soldiers who were killed were cue been fighting for Maduro. Now, the communist country of Cuba has been saying until Saturday night, denying for years that it had soldiers in in Caracas. And we all kept saying, look, we had we think we estimated the numbers about fifteen thousand. And he said, this is just libelous. We challenged you to offering through and then Noah beholds something Ni Cuban television announces because he couldn't hide the fact because these people had mothers and wives, children and friends. They announced that thirty two Cubans were killed fighting for Maduro. The Venezuelans actually did not fight the Cubans did.
Speaker 1: Why did Maduro need a Cuban a Cuban security force around him. Is he not able to trust his own people? Is he not able to do I don't even notice Venezuela even have a standing army. Did they have a secure prey force it's available to do this particular duty.
Speaker 2: It has one.
Speaker 5: I don't know how good it is, but you put your finger on the dan. My Dua did not trust the Venezuelans to keep him alive. But number two, the Cubans did not trust Maduro not to flee. So in twenty nineteen, when we had the huge demonstrations in Trump and was supporting Huang Guido as president, what Carlo's flint is Foreign Ministry of Mexico had said is that Maduro was ready to leave. Maduna wanted to leave, and the Cubans said to him, you're not going anywhere. You're the president of this country. Go back to the president, to go back to the palace and act presidential. We're not letting you leave. So we've always known that the Cuban that this is a mutual an active music to distrust. Maduro was rained in Havana and then appointed by Chavez in before he died in the Fassament twelve. This is Havannah's man, and UH and the Cubans who are hardcore communists, the Cuban regime are hardcore communists who hate the United States. Uh did not want to leave and and he and he only trusted them in the end, and in the end it wasn't it wasn't enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: It talked a little bit about Uh. Del Rodriguez, who was vice president until today sworn in as president. The reports are that Deli Rodriguez has been collaborating with the CIA, actually worked with the CIA to assist in the removal of Merduro. But then you know, the first move was to send goons out on the streets to arrest Venezuelans who were uh celebrating and supporting the United States. So what do you make of what what the current political situation is in Venezuela right now?
Speaker 5: Well, I think she's another goon. I think it's another hardcore communists and thug, Uh, we don't trust her. And by the by the way, her first reaction on Saturday was to be very combative, was to be very saying no, no, no, I'm not the president. Here was the president. The president, Uh, he's been kidnapped. The Americans are bad. And I talked to an administration official and I said, look a Sunday talked about Sunday. I said, look what, She's not cooperative. And this man simply said to me, Mike, we have options. Well I was soon to what those options were, because about an hour or two later, said well, if she doesn't cooperate, she could meet a fake worse than Maduro's. She Trump said this, uh Sunday night. And when you know, Dan, that within an hour she put a statement saying, oh, no, no, no, I'm going to be very cooperative. I'm going to cooperate with Marco Rubio. We're all going to be very cooperative. And so of course we need to wait and see if that is the case. But no one knows at the moment whether she will cooperate or not. And and I know that that Grubio and Trump do not trust her, but they will go along with her as long as she does what they want. And I understand that, and I'll tell you why that is, Dan. If we have a political transition right now that will necessitate thousands of American boots on the ground. These are if these are our boys, our girls from Kansas and in Ohio, in California, and we want to avoid doing that at all costs. So if it means that for a time we have to be dealing with a thug who is cooperative, I think that is a preferable that option.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the I think the last thing the vast majority of the American people want is troops on the ground, boots on the ground in Venezuela being in harm's way, especially when you've got the Chinese involved here, when you've got Iran involved here, and when you say China, I think you also have to say, by extension, you've got Russia involved. I mean, this is a move that that affects all these other all these other countries. So when you when you pull back on this and you look at the big picture, obviously oil is a major concern here. I think there's a lot of truth in what Trump said about wanting to get these major oil producers back into Venezuela, get the infrastructure squared away. I think China was eyeing that and looking at that and uh, you know, solidifying that pipeline of Venezuelan oil to China. But Trump is saying, look, this is the Western hemisphere, this is our backyard. You're not going to do this here. And uh so you know this move affects all these other countries here. So what's what's the bigger picture here? What what's the what's the big play that's going on by this move?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: And while you grow up oil, I must say, I don't want to leave the room impression here that Trump did tell NBC News late last night that if if Rodriguez does not cooperate, he will send in troops. So so he has put her on notice that she either cooperates or that we're going to say American troops. I don't think he wants to do that, but I think he's ready. He would not issue an empty threat as to the world. Uh Clinzuela has the world's largest known oil reserve. Yes, they have three hundred billion billion with the d barrels. Yet they produce one million barrels a day. So so they have six times the reserve that we have, and we produce Our oil production is fourteen times the daily the daily production of Venezuela. Getting this oil flowing again is obviously a mean main issue for for for us, for them, for the world economy. And we need that the the Venezuela has many creditors because then the the the the collectivize their their oil industry. In two thousand and seven, that's when our oil companies left uh and then they our oil companies won in court and uh and and Chavez, the predecessor to Maduro, refused to pay. And the Venezuela needs to start producing oil again to pay the the its creditors, uh and and and you can imagine in a world where you know, the before the invasion, the biggest word was was affordability.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: Everybody was talking about affordability. Well, if we get Venezuela and oil out in the market again, things will be much more affordable because oil is part of the price of everything we buy, oursell. So Trump is not wrong and Trump is not wrong when he says this is our oil, because this is this is a very heavy crude, by the way, very heavy crude which makes extraction and refinement UH harder, and which required which requires more, which requires inversion, which requires investment, and and and and Venezuela because it collectivizes its industry and and and and in the petvetsa the oil industry, the old company became very corrupt. Uh uh, just has been under investing in this major sector. So so yeah, I think that that requires immediate attention.
Speaker 1: So Mike Godzella says, as you look at the way things are unfolding here is what kind of milestones are you going to be looking for? What kind of markers are you going to be looking for to say that that this plan whatever's in place. What the whole idea of the United States running Venezuela, that's something that I'm not sure I'm totally on board with. I just don't like it on the face of it. But as this thing continues to develop an unfold, what kind of markers or milestones are you going to be looking for that's going to tell you that that this thing has the possibility of working out the way Trump wants it to work out.
Speaker 5: We'll running Venezuela. Through Mark Rubis's tone, We're not running Venezuela. I don't think we will by putting a bulget on the ground, by by having a vice roy or, a governor or, or an unoccupying force. I don't think that's what anybody wants he's gonna run Venezuela by telling Delsea or whoever's in charge to do ABC and and then she wants to do to b C. So that's the first marker. The first marker is whether Rodriguez.
Speaker 10: Who's who's a thug and the sooner we get her out of the way the better, Whether Rodriguez begins to cooperate and do exactly as we're as she's told, well that she starts releasing political prisoners that are still being tortured right now.
Speaker 5: And what I hear, what I've been hearing for years, is that the people doing the torturing in Caracas all have Cuban accents. So we need to to get that going.
Speaker 3: We need.
Speaker 5: Another important marker is stopped all the oil subsidies to Cuba, to Cuba's at the American regime. We need to stop all the oil flowing to China and Russia. Yeah, we need to stop the flow of gold. Venezuela also has a lot of gold uh to Iran down the line, when Venezuela has become a more functioning economy and less of a criminal enterprise. And obviously the drug smuggling, Yeah, the drug the the the the the support for darker traffic in the streets and political instability. They were very very they were huge supporters of Black Lives Matter on Antifa, UH, they were the founders of Black Lives Matter, were constantly being photo photographs with Maduro. But to Harlem that has to come to screeching halts, as well as the the aiding of Antifa, which just just fills our street with uh, with instability, and and also the drug smuggling. UH that has to stop. And then the bow on top of the president would be the transition to a a president who has been freely in FA.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, we haven't seen any drug boats blown up since this has happened, so I'm guessing that that might be an immediate effect that that we were going to see Mike Gonzalees. We're up against the clock, so we got to run.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Senior fellow at the Heritage Foundation, thank you so much for your insight on this. Always appreciate having you on, and I always appreciate whenever I can get someone from the Heritage Foundation. Keep up the great work, and with your permission, we'll be calling.
Speaker 5: On you again anytime then. Just call I Love Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: All right there you go, Mike, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Mike Gonzalez of the Heritage Foundation, one twenty five, Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: My wife, By the way, my wife hates when I do this, she said. You know, she's a very classy person.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 11: She said, it's so unpresidential. I said, but I did become president somebody she hates when I dance. I said, everybody wants to dance, Darling, it's not presidential. She actually said, could you imagine FDR dancing? She said that to me, and I have to say this. The dancing they really like, She said, they don't like it. They're just being nice to you. I said, that's not right. The place goes crazy.
Speaker 12: Hello, quiet, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 2: God, I like the president of way dancing.
Speaker 1: You may like Trump, you may not like Trump, But when it comes to delivering a joke, when it comes to making fun of himself, I mean that, really, there is there anyone that does it better? No, the guys, But you gotta admit the guy's pretty funny. It's funny. That was some funny.
Speaker 2: I had not heard that clip before.
Speaker 1: If they see that up there, cracking on himself was talking about Malania.
Speaker 2: Didn't like him to dance. I like when he dances at you know, when he came out during a campaign, does the the arms and all that stuff. It's good.
Speaker 1: That's a it's a great movie, better than you know who. And then didn't we have some football players that were doing that in the end zone during a Yeah, yeah, a few of them during the NFL season. They didn't get fat.
Speaker 2: I guess the referees were Republicans, so they didn't throw any flags on him. How glad are you the NFL season is finally over? Well, I mean within about well, I mean what we're already in January February. In two months, the NC Double and the NC Double A tournament will be March Madness, and then baseball And then what about I heard Tom Brenhman talking about this morning. Yeah, you can look, I get.
Speaker 1: Excited about sports. You get excited about it. That's a lot of people listening to this radio station. They love sports, yes, sir, But what about Tom Brennan was talking about the kicker for the ball more Ravens. He misses that field goal on the Monday night football game and it ends the Ravens season and the Pittsburgh's in the playoffs and Tom Brenneman's talking about how this guy is getting death threats, this guy's getting threats to his family U social messages. What the hell is wrong with people?
Speaker 2: A lot of the a lot of the a lot of those betters too, are getting you know, the college players that are miss baskets and they're getting threats too. So I mean, it's that's just the way it is, and that's the way it is today.
Speaker 1: I mean, you think it's all because of the gambling, probably with all the all the sports betting, probably.
Speaker 2: And then just fans like saying, hey, you missed the field goal and we're going to come over and whatever. But for God's sake, I mean, you can't go that's life today.
Speaker 1: After a kicker because the dude missing it's not like he was trying to miss the field goal.
Speaker 2: That's that's life in the world. We know it today, Dan Carroll is not surprising.
Speaker 1: How many times do you see it in the NFL? And we and we saw it with the with the Bengals on Sunday. You knew there was too much time left in the game, even with a rookie quarterbacks standers, they were able to come down getting field goal range kick the game winning field goal. And I thought the same thing was going to happen in Pittsburgh Monday night. And then then the guy what forty four yard are me and most of those guys he missed?
Speaker 2: Connect morning? That guy missed a field goal in an extra point in game one with the the Browns in Cleveland Beals. Yeah, So, Dan Carroll, the Stoote Reporters, the proud service of your local Tame Star Heating and air conditioning dealers, tame Star quality you could feel in beautiful southeastern Indiana called Joe Eckstein at Eckstein Heating and Cool to get eight one to two, nine three to two. Twenty twenty six sports, Let's see Bengals update.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna Who's Cam Teller Britt going to be covering at the Justice Center?
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. And you are right as you heard in the news there. Bengals corner Cam Taylor Britt has been as a sentenced to five days in jail after pleading guilty the reckless driving and no license charge stemming from an incident in September downtown. He appeared in court today on crutches. He's got a foot injury. Is he the only one starting the off season right on track?
Speaker 1: But I remember when these stories were happening, and you're getting these street takeovers, and then you got the racing going on and they're spinning around the circles and doing all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Is he the only one that got caught that? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't remember anyone else paying a price for this kind of stuff. I don't know, And I'm not saying that he shouldn't, but I mean, you know, if you're out there, you're driving, you're doing that, probably shouldn't be doing that. Don't know, Dan Carroll, I mean five days in the Who's cow locked up?
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: I guess that would be good for him, But they'll probably let him out. I would probably let him out for good behavior, and probably tomorrow or something.
Speaker 2: College football news, UC's best defensive player with sixty tackles last year, Sainty Antoine Peak Junior, is gonna return to the Bearcats. That's a good news. College basketball Tonight, the Cincinnati Bearcats are on the road at West Virginia coverage at six point thirty here on seven hundred WLW. What about Westerns what not there? I don't know. He's not there and he's going to be there or not, probably not Western Michigan at fifteen and O Miami tonight George Washington and Dayton U Mass in Ohio. U six ranked Duke will take on number twenty Louisville and a big match up there. Red's update. We say congratulations to the cowboy Jeff Brantley, named by the National Sports Media Association the Ohio sportscaster of the Year. How about that the cowboy. We got to get him on the air. There he is. That's pretty good. Let's see cast of the year our buddy.
Speaker 1: I think my buddy Joe Danoman won that last year and no, Dan Hord has won it a few times.
Speaker 2: So there you go, So there you go. Jeff Brown outstand. It looks like FC Cincinnati's signing up a local product, Kyle Smith, to a one year deal. Mister Smith played at LaSalle and recently with Orlando City as an outside back and a center midfielder. Right over there on the pitch, that's pretty good. So that's about it. Not a lot going on in sports then, no, So of course the college football playoffs tee off on Thursday with Miami and Old Miss and then Friday will be Indiana and Oregon in the semi finals. Did I see where some Old Miss players left.
Speaker 1: The team to get into the after their their win in the college football playoffs?
Speaker 2: I think some of their coaches some stage, some didn't. I'm sure some of them. I know their quarterbacks re signed with to play still at your Old Miss, their star quarterback.
Speaker 1: College football is such a mess right now, you know, I kidding, didn't it was? It was one, it was it might have been Indiana.
Speaker 2: But it's like five million players into portal, so you got the portal opens and then you have to be in it at a certain period of time. Yep.
Speaker 1: And so while the playoffs are still going on, guys are incentivized to leave the team that that they're on in the college football playoffs because they might get a better deal somewhere else.
Speaker 2: That's the world today, Dan, just like just like just like everything else, you know. And then what's Sores be getting for going to Texas Tech? About five million?
Speaker 12: God?
Speaker 2: And they said he's making more than sugar saying he's in the NFL and he's stunk up the place the end of the year. Terrible, but good luck to him. Texas Tech says he's worth five million dollars. Good luck to him. Sign right here for the dough, the ray and the meat. Yeah. I mean, you know, the one Kentucky quarterback went to Arizona State. I don't know how much he got. There was another way, and well at Ohio State quarterback went to Louisville. I don't know what he got, but I mean probably a few mill Now I had I had grant we had grant House.
Speaker 1: I'm a Jason Williams last week and we had grant house on you know grand House. The swimmer from Saint X right went to Arizona State and and it's called the House settlement. So it was his lawsuit that opened up the door for the players to get all this nil money. And he said he never envisioned it being like this the way college sports is right now. I mean he didn't have anything to do with the train.
Speaker 2: Well, there's nobody, there's nobody, there's no regulation, there's nobody overseeing it or nothing. And now you got it in high school now Ohio, Ohio, Ohio voted it in what about about a month ago or something. Have we heard now, have we heard of any high school players getting any big heard anything? So I don't know.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna we're gonna have high school players doing commercials for car dealerships and.
Speaker 2: Probably probably that, and you're probably going to go to the grade schools and then pee wee football and then you.
Speaker 1: Know, well on end, we know people were betting on pee wee football whatever that that crap hit in the fan a couple of years ago, didn't we t ball?
Speaker 2: Probably you know, kids will be getting paid playing t ball. I mean, it doesn't end. Enough is enough, there's nobody to regulate it. There's no over sitting, there's nobody to oversee it. There's nothing. There's nobody to say, hey, these are the rules and that's it, and there's nothing. Yeah, but he's a joke.
Speaker 1: But grand House was telling us that he that he's got all kinds of death threats and people. I'm mad at him because of what you know, and look all he was saying is is look I was out there, I was I had the ability to earn money because he was doing a podcast with his brother, right, and he was saying the fact that we're not able to earn any money on our own and the school is able to make money off of us, that's not right.
Speaker 2: So he sued. He won. And that's what that kid did, getting all these death threats and everything else in Dayton. That's what that one kid in Dayton. We had the laws suit and now look at it. So that's that's life, and that that's life in the big city. Now, Dan, you can't there's no there's no fighting it because who you're gonna fight.
Speaker 1: But Jason Williams made a good point. He says, it's not your fault. It's out of control. There's no leadership correct at the at.
Speaker 2: The n c a A that that they are non existent. They should have been right, somebody should have been on top of this or or had some kind of group to oversee this. But there's nothing. So teams are you know, schools are paying out the wazoo for these players. Now that's a lot of money, man, you're not kidding.
Speaker 1: And and not to not to say that these schools don't have the money the kid and.
Speaker 2: Then the kid may stay for one year and then go go someplace else. So it's not like you know, you're like you're you know, your regular scholarship. It's like, hey, I don't want to be here. I'll go over. I'll go over and play for uh, you know, Oregon or something. They'll give me, They'll give me eight million. Well, all I know is Coach Cal says, these guys don't need the pros anymore. Well, that's the thing. Some of them make lesson, would make lesson to pros, and they do in college.
Speaker 1: Coach Cal said, you know what's gonna happen in some of these the vast majority of these players when their time in college comes to an end and he's like, oh, you got to take a regular job now, And he says, what do I got to show up? You know, are you You're gonna give me an apartment, You're gonna give me a car, You're gonna do all this, And what's gonna happen when they have to, uh to get smacked around by the real world. They're not good enough to go pro. They make a lot of money in college, but they're not good enough to go pro.
Speaker 2: So Cal see what happened?
Speaker 1: He said, He's got to figure it out, but no one wants to listen to him.
Speaker 2: He says, I call my dog. The dog goes the other way.
Speaker 1: He can't, he can't get anyone. I would say, I would say, let's let's hear what coach cal has to say.
Speaker 2: And and maybe he can figure it out.
Speaker 1: But soon, let me ask you this, yes, sir, how is it that some dude with a hammer is able to get on the property of the Vice President of the United States?
Speaker 2: Right down there off of off.
Speaker 1: Of Columbia Parkway, go up and get close enough to the house with a hammer in his hand and start busting out windows and the front of the house of the Vice President of the United States. I drive past there, I see police cars, I see secret service cars, the SUVs with the blacked out windows and all that kind of stuff. How is some dude from Hyde Park able to get a hammer, run around on the property and start busting out windows?
Speaker 2: What is up with that? That's over my pay grade. I have no idea. That's your data. I gotta worry about sports. What the hell is going on? I gotta worry about sports. That's all news. Well, you're you're guys. I don't go around you're a man of the world. Do you read the news? You listen to Brian Homes every morning. Maybe the guy thinks he's earnest tea bass of the Andy Griffiths Show with a hammer. Don't they talk about this on W E B N. No are you kidding? No? This are you kidding? I mean, he's probably a big lister. It's kind of a big store. It's probably a big lister. Maybe we'll have it. Maybe Kid Chris will have him on. We have an interview with him, Maybe have it. Get him on from the joint.
Speaker 1: They gave him an ankle monitor and said, go on your way. Here's an ankle monitor. Don't don't don't bust anyone with anyone else's windows out.
Speaker 2: He already ripped, ripped open what there, already broke windows and hide park.
Speaker 1: He's done it before, and now he's out on the street and he's terrorizing the Vice president's family.
Speaker 2: I don't think so anymore that since the federal boy's got.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, look a secret service and the and the Thank goodness he was protect the vice He wasn't there. He wasn't he wasn't there. If he would have been there, I would like to think the security would be stepped up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Uh well, I think it's probably stepped up all the time.
Speaker 1: But I just don't want to see guy in there, anyone from the Secret Service who's listening to me right now. I love you girls, I love you guys. I love you girls. I love the Cincinnati Plea, I love law enforcement. But come on, man, this is this isn't unforced there. You can't let this kind of dude out there running around on the front yard of the Vice President's house and then get close enough to the house where he can bust out windows with a hammer. I thought the guy was throwing rocks or something, but then it turns out. You know, when I first heard the story, I'm thinking, you know, this guy's throwing rocks at the house. It's a couple of windows. But now he's got a hammer. He's been bang bang bangs. He made busting holes in the in the windows with a hammer. You can't let that happens.
Speaker 2: Way way of life in the wild West there, Dan can I don't know, don't you do?
Speaker 1: But we just keep keep doing the same things over and over and over again. And I'm glad that the entire coaching staff is going to be back for the Bengals. That will give us something to talk about next year, that's sure. Seg, go ahead and get us out of the stooge report.
Speaker 2: Dan Carroll in, Hot are of a cloudy day here at a trice day, cloudy but one. We leave you with the immortal words of the stewed Report, well in the words of one Matthew McConaughey. All right, all right, all right, there you go.
Speaker 1: That's the sports broadcaster of the year right there in Ohio, the cowboy, Jeff Brantley.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear him back on the airwaves.
Speaker 1: SEG, we'll see at about two thirty five, Yes, sir on seven hundred WLW back on the Big one, seven hundred W LW two O seven. Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham. We roll until three this afternoon. I think I said two earlier, but I chopped an hour off the show. But it's three o'clock. But glad to be here, Glad you are here as well, and always glad to welcome in my next guest. He is a prolific writer on a website called American Thank are a lot of great commentaries on there and doctor Brian Brian June Deppit is great to have you back on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: How are you today, Happy New Year to.
Speaker 6: You by it.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm great, Thank you, thanks for being here.
Speaker 1: You know you and I talked about it before the election happened. We talked about mont Donnie and how terrible this guy was going to be for New York City, and talk a little bit about what we witnessed that I call it an orgy of socialism. You had Bernie Sanders there and he was got to swear in mont Donnie, and he had aoc talking about how great things are going to be for New York City. You had the governor there and all of them in full embrace of socialism and communism and the celebrating the what they call the warmth of the collective. And I mean that is a phrase of have a lot of hor historical significance, you know, going back to going back to Mother Russia, going back to China and mal going back to the Nazi, Nazi Germany and all the rest of it. So give me your perspective on what we saw when Mondani was sworn in in New York City.
Speaker 6: Well, he is going to do everything he promised. None of this should be a surprise. He campaigned on collectivism and basically a communist platform of nationalizing things or at the city level, I shouldn't say nationalizing, but government ownership of private property and subsidizing everything. And he is setting out to do everything he promised. So people like Robert de Niro, who campaigned for him and supported him, don't like the idea that he's going to institute a wealth tax, Well you supported this. So he's doing everything he said, and I give him credit for that. He's one of few politicians that's trying to deliver on what they promised. I wish Republicans could do that. I don't like his platform, but that's he's going to deliver what he said he was going to deliver. Bernie Sanders is fine with it because of the three homes he owns. I don't think anyhere in New York City. I don't know if AOC owns property in New York City. So yeah, they can confiscate housing and make it difficult for white people, and you know, free this and free buses and free subway, and it's it's going to turn into Venezuela or Cuba. But this is what residents they're voted for. Yeah, he's delivering.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then out in California you've got Gavin Newsom who has this idea of a five percent wealth tax on billionaires, and I mean, this is just absolutely unbelievable. They've got all all these California I mean, the problems that they've got out there from a financial standpoint standpoint are absolutely monumental, and then he comes out and says, Yeah, we're going to hit all the billionaires in California with a five percent wealth tax. I mean that, to me, that is just absolutely crazy to come out and talk like that and think that something like that is has any chance in hell of working. I mean, people who have the means are going to get get the hell out of there, and then they're going to try and tax them retroactively. I mean, it's actually crazy.
Speaker 6: I suspect most California billionaires voted for Gavin Newsom, so I have little sympathy for them. Again, he's delivering what he promised, and those that voted for him have no business complaining you put him in office. I suspect California will not have many billionaires going forward, they have will quickly exit or set up something to protect their wealth, especially the very wealthy. If you have one hundred billion in wealth, you're going to write a check for five billion to the state of California. These people did not get wealthy by being stupid, and that's to me, that's something very stupid. And once the billionaires leave, then it's going to be one hundred millionaires and then the ten millionaires. And there's not enough money in the billionaire class to sustain all the corruption and waste, fraud and abuse in that state, and they're going to have to lower that number. People are going to leave, and it's going to happen in New York and Colorado and other states that are solidly blue and run by collectivists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the corruption is absolutely staggering, and I think beyond what anyone can really comprehend. And Dan Trump is Trump is playing hardball in this. He said, look, you guys have wasted all this money on this high speed rail. We don't know where the hundreds of billions of dollars at the federal government has given them so far, but there's really been no accounting for where all that money has gone. And now they want billions more and Trump said, no, we're going to cut it off, and so you know they're having to deal with those kind of realities.
Speaker 6: They're auditing a handful of states New York, Minnesota, California, my state of Colorado. They're auditing because of waste fraud and abuse, and these states are at the forefront of it. And no more federal money until there's an accounting of where it's going to. If you send a kid to college and give them an allowance and they're constantly running out of money, guess what, You're going to audit them and see what they're spending their money on and figure it out. And federal government should be no different. They're spending billions of dollars on this stuff. And imagine if you could cut the waste fraud in the reviews, you'd probably cut the deficit in half. So it's it's mandatory, it's physical sanity, and it's about time Trump is doing it, and I wish more Republicans would be behind it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's amazing that the whole concept of accountability and figuring out what the heck is going on, that whole concept is so foreign to so many in politics these days.
Speaker 2: You know what was interesting.
Speaker 1: I texted you on Friday, asked you to be on the show today, and you said, what are we going to talk about? I said, oh, you know, we'll talk about Mondanni and I said, whatever else pops between now and then. Unbeknownst to us, of course, we didn't know things were in the work to extract Merduro from Venezuela. And I was going to introduce you today as a guy who has traveled all around the world. I was almost certain that you had been to Venezuela before. But then you informed me that you have not been to Venezuela. First of all, how come you've never been to Venezuela? And then second of all, when you got up on Saturday morning and saw it was happening in Venezuela, what was your what was your overall impression of that?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I looked at my phone in the morning and then telegram. There were like five hundred notifications like some big going on. I haven't been. I haven't been to Venezuela because getting a visa is of pain. They don't have there's no US embassy there. You have to apply from another country. But I'll get there at some point. But in consolation, in October I was in Mogat issue. So how's that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I mean, you know some rough places, my friend. I've read those pieces that you put out when you travel some of those locations around the world. I mean, you you have been there and done that. But uh As, let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: We know that the vast majority of voters in New York City have no concept of what socialism is all about, what communism is all about, how it you know, what the timeline on those things are, how it starts, how it goes, and how it ends. We know they have no concept of that. Do you think the vast majority of the American people have any real concept of what life is like for an average Venezuelan on a daily basis.
Speaker 6: They have no idea, and they're going to get a hands on training and apprenticeship, if you will, and they will learn from firsthand. What's interesting is that in New York and a lot of other cities, the Venezuelans that are here, they're all cheering, dancing in the street, partying, celebrating the Maduro's gone. Who are the protesters? The protesters are your typical rental mob, the affluent female liberals, predominantly the middle aged, childless women with blue hair, and they're out protesting because they're down for the struggle. The ones that live on the Upper East Side and they're not struggling with anything. But the Venezuelans, the ones that actually benefit from this. They're cheering, they're delighted, and that's around the world. Venezuelans are thrilled. The protesters are the ones that have never been to Venezuela and know nothing about it, and their lives are hardly socialists. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I over the weekend I saw pictures from the anti Trump demonstrations that were thrown together quite hastily, and they were held in New York, they were held in Boston, Chicago, we had we had an anti Trump demonstration here in Cincinnati. And what I thought was interesting was at all these demonstrations at all these different cities across America, you had some of the exact same signs printed professionally printed, exact same wording, exact same disclaimer at the bottom who the sign was paid for. So that, I mean, that tells you that that these organizations, that these protests, these demonstrations, they're not grassroots. I mean they're they're they're paid political actors who show up at these things. And when you get these different journalists, these civilian journalists who go in there and ask some questions, ask these people why they're there, they don't know why they're there. And it's the same thing we saw on college campuses a couple of years ago, well when we had you know, they were calling for to end the war in Gaza and all the rest of it.
Speaker 2: It's the same sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Fine, if you want to protest, by all means, go out and protest, but is it asking too much that you have at least some clue as to what you're talking about? All these young college kids chanting from the rivers to the sea and they have no clue of what it means.
Speaker 6: You're correct. These people couldn't find Venezuela on a map, so they don't know what they're protesting. And it certainly wasn't organic. This was all cooked up. It was the next morning. This raid went down at like two am, and the next morning there's pre printed signs and people bust in and they're protesting and they have their slogans. And that's that. You can't pull that off at a grass roots level. And as you said, these are professionally printed signs and the slogans, and it's the same people.
Speaker 5: They're they're.
Speaker 6: Some Internet salutes have taken photos of these rallies and it's the same people at all of them. They've geo fenced these people, and most of the people protesting have been at No King's rallies and this rally and that rally, and it's these are professional protesters. And there's craiglist ads that are looking for protesters. They pay thirty dollars an hour to pick up the sign in march and chant something, and you have no idea what you're protesting. I mean the interview these people they don't know. They they just hem and haw but can't answer a simple question of what they're protesting or why.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess to their credit, they're they're doing something that's a fairly easy task. It doesn't take a whole lot of your time, and you know, you probably pocket a few hundred dollars on you know, at the end of the day. So I guess at least they get some credit for that, for for seizing that uh, you know that.
Speaker 6: That opportunity they're engaging in the capitalism that they protested. How about that. Absolutely, they're out there, they're they're out there earning a buck in the free market because somebody is willing to pay them for the service that they provide. And socialism, you know, you'll you'll have a gun to your head untild to March. That's the difference. You're not going to get thirty dollars an hour and lunch and the a bus ride into the city.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Long term from a political sense, Trump And the one thing that I'm not having a great time getting my head around is this notion that that Trump laid out when he had his news conference on Saturday talking about Venezuela, was the notion that either him or his administration or Marco Rubio was going to be overseeing things or calling the shots in Venezuela. I don't I don't know how that is sustainable in in a practical sense for any real amount of time. Is what's the danger here? And from a political sense, does this hurt him in the midterms if things do not go the way he envisions this playing out long term?
Speaker 6: Well, potentially, the US has a long track record of failed efforts at regime change. You look at Saddam Hussein and Kadafi, and those are two countries I've been to by the way, Libya and Iraq. But you look at regime change even ran back in the seventies and eighties. When we prop up somebody and take somebody out, it usually goes badly. Trump's aware of this because he's been very critical of our efforts at regime change in nation building. He was critical of the Iraq War and all these things. So he's aware, and I don't think he's going to fall into that trap. I'm sure they have a plan laid out. Is he going to announce everything he's doing. Of course not. But if it does become a quagmire, then that's a problem for him. But I don't think it will, and I think it's part of a bigger strategy, his national security strategy that he laid out a month or two ago, about kind of going back to the Monroe doctrine of US having influence in our hemisphere. Right now, you've got Iran, Iraq and no sorry, Iran, Russia and China involved in Venezuela. Venezuela is making drones for Iran. These are drones that are being sent to Israel and attacking them. So it's crazy. But China and Russia shouldn't have influence. China's buying up South America and the Caribbean, and we don't want that. So I think this is part of a bigger push against Cuba, against Colombia, against Caribbean nations that are in bed with China and Russia. China setting up shop in Antigua, that's a few hundred miles from the US. Who knows what they have their listening posts or military or whatever. But maybe we should set up a joint military base in Taiwan and create an autonomous US city there and spy in the Chinese from Taiwan. See how they like it. Yeah, I think it's I think it's cleaning up all these foreign actors in our neighborhood. Russia and China can bunky around over in Europe and Asia and Middle East and whatnot, but not not in our backyard. That's Cuban missile crisis territory. So JFK took a stand against that, and Trump is taking a stand against it now and slowly untangling that. And I think Venezuela is just a start. He put the world unnoticed that this is going to change, and he's gonna control oil, which is the andcy of the world, and it's going to be the screws are going to be put to Russia in China. All Right, A lot of it we love to see or know about, but I'm sure that's what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a there's no doubt. There's a lot.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of moving parts out there right now. Doctor Bryan C. June, Great to have you on as always. What what are you working on for your next piece? It's going to show up an American thinker.
Speaker 6: Well, I had a piece this Monday and American Thinker on Christmas and how merry Christmas is making a comeback over absolutely the very pablem sounding happy Holidays. And I'm working on a piece for the next next week on waste, fraud and abuse and tariffs, and between the two, I think that could eliminate close to half the deficit right there. So I commend Trump for what he's doing and hope he continues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, next time we'll talk about all the all the all the fraud and abuse that's associated with Obamacare too.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you've got got some thoughts on that as well.
Speaker 6: Tell me about that that insurance companies have done very well over the past decade.
Speaker 1: Some big numbers, big numbers, right there, Brian June Deff. We got to run all the best to you, my friend. We'll talk again soon and keep up the great work between.
Speaker 2: Now and then.
Speaker 6: Thanks Dan, good talking.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, doctor Bryan ced June Deff, and you can read his stuff on the website American Thinker. It is two twenty five. Dan Carrolyn for Bill Cunningham on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: I had a tip for young broadcasters. Uh oh, our young aspiring broadcasters, if you're trying to race to the restaurant in between innings, make sure that you read this sign on the door.
Speaker 9: Oh no, Parnart takes up an end ball. One one is women's, the other one is men's.
Speaker 2: I take it.
Speaker 9: Cowboy went in the one, uh oh, and retreated rapidly. Crowball the first fielded by walker man. It'll touch the bag for the out three unassisted. These types of things happen to you from they.
Speaker 6: Do they do.
Speaker 2: I just don't understand it.
Speaker 12: Oh hello, quiet, and I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Seg you know, I listened to a lot of REDS broadcasts here on seven hundred wl W, and it's always great when you got the Cowboy and you got Tommy Thrall, and then they get off on a little tangent talking about stuff.
Speaker 2: I forgot you gotta go. I've heard a lot of those. I've never heard that one. Look for the right sign and when you gotta go, I miss in between innings or anything.
Speaker 1: So he threw that out there as a a little tip for all a spying broadcasters and between innings.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've only got what two minutes, not even that anymore, not less than that? Now, right? How about that?
Speaker 1: So so they keep it moving correct, So if you if you've got to go down the hall, how far from from.
Speaker 2: Me, they don't put a you know what and the radio booth for him, right or a bathroom closer there? You go, maybe that maybe that's a good idea, that maybe that'll be that'll be happening at g A BP A radio TV.
Speaker 1: You're gonna say, I've never been to the broadcast booth of g A b P. But how far away is the facility there?
Speaker 2: So you go down that way over here, over down another hall, and then it's right, I've been in the press box. It's been a while since I've been in the press box. I can't remember how far the press box is in the third base line now, yeah, instead of behind where it should be. But I'm not they got a big sponsor in there another bar, so I'm not saying anything, Okay, Dan Carroll, the Stuart Reporters a proud sever every local Thamestar heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality you could feel in beautiful mil Ford, the home of one main gallery called Baker Heating, right down the street at five one three eight three one fifty one twenty four.
Speaker 1: But how many other broadcast teams do you think talk about stuff like that while the game is going on?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, That's the thing I here about Cincinnati. I think we've got we have so much fun listening to baseball here in Cincinnati, right. I don't know if other markets.
Speaker 2: Getting probably probably a few, maybe a few not probably, you know, La, probably not not many are going to do you know what I mean? When you got the cowboy talking about going in the wrong bathroom, watch out for the sign cal tipping. Marty had no idea what that was. Where you go out and I guess the cows sleep standing out and you tip them over over and I guess they don't they don't like that too much, and the other one come after you. That's big fun. Or maybe get a play to ribs or some ice cream ribs and then the ice cream melts on you as you fall asleep. And probably not a lot of guys even want to admit that happens with the Cowboy. That's probably typical night.
Speaker 1: And when you talk about stuff like that, you become an award winning broadcast.
Speaker 2: Correct, that's fantastic, And the Cowboy Jeff Brantley has been named the National Sports Media Association Ohio Sportscaster of the Year. So he congratulate the Cowboys and a big award. That is out. I'm smiling. Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town, where Dry January is covered with an incredible selection of non alcoholic beers and wines. Celebrate socialized stick to your goals at any one of their thirteen convenient Northern Kentucky locations. Cheers do a guilt free good time. Good Spirits and party town and got the word yesterday that Zach Taylor and director Claire personnel Duke Tobin's gonna stay after that statement from Mike Brown, and now today Bengals corner Cam Taylor Britt is going to spend the next five days in jail after he pleaded guilty to reckless driving and driving without a license on January the sixth. This happened apparently, I guess his incident happened in September. Let's see issued two sets of tickets.
Speaker 13: Oh the communications you have, you can talk to people anytime, anywhere, time, anywhere.
Speaker 2: So you got two sets of tickets in twenty twenty five. The first came in June driving a twenty twenty two Dodge Charger recklessly on four Street Downtown. Then the second set of tickets came in September when he was street racing. Whoops on Joe nuxall Way. Whoopsie.
Speaker 1: But and he doesn't have a driver's license. It says, I mean you can't. It's it's not that hard to get it. It's it I mean, look, it's no picnic going to the DMV sitting there waiting to get your driver's license. You got to look in the thing, and you got to you know, say, you know what, you see the light flashing over here, the light flashing over there. You gotta do that kind of stuff and get your pictures taken. Leave the driver's license, man, Leave.
Speaker 2: The drag racing to guys like John Force, Ron Caps and people like this. Come on, well, leave it just you know, I mean, it's got the NHR. It's not the NHR finals along marrying way, but come on, man, get a driver's license. College basketball tonight, plenty of it. Cincinnati Bearcats are on the road and Big twelve play against West Virginia. Coverage against six thirty after Sports Talk seven under WLW Western Michigan's at number fifteen fifteen and O Miami fifteen. Miami still no defeated right there. They're the rated thirtieth in the nation. They're at thirtieth. Yeah, they got twenty two votes. They're getting some votes. They're getting close. I thought they'd get in this week. Is the mac any good this year? Oh, Miami's good. That's all we were. That's it. Let's go, my let's see. George Washington takes on the Dayton Flyers U Mass against Tom Brenneman's ou Bobcats six ranked Duke battles number twenty Louisville and an early ACC matchup should be pretty good. Louisville's pretty good. They got whipped by good old Stanford over the weekend. Let's see college football. Let's see a lot of people are leaving the Bearcats, but one guy's coming back. Safety Antoine Pete Junior says he's going to return to the Bearcats. Their best defensive player last year was sixty tackles. What kind of nil money is he getting? I have no idea. Do they do they publish that somewhere?
Speaker 6: Do they mean?
Speaker 2: I guess on their website?
Speaker 6: One?
Speaker 2: No, I mean I don't care. I don't care, but different of me. I mean, you know who stays, who goes. But I saw it. I saw a thing.
Speaker 1: I saw a thing this week where they were they had pictures of like the top twenty five nil deals in college football, right right?
Speaker 2: And I think Brandon Soorsby was the number one quarterback, Yeah, like number number one or two overall? Five million from Texas. Unbelievable. Andy Mack unbelievable, So good luck to him. And I think the Bearcats play them here next year, really, I think so so sores By will be suiting up for the Red Raiders correct the home with Joe Walter. Who's gonna win that game? I have no idea. I'm sure some of the Bearcats will probably want to get a hold of mister sores By, like Miles Garrett wanted to get a hold of somebody on Sunday. See, we'll see, We'll see what happens. But it should be interesting. I mean, the money is crazy, that is correct. But if you're going to be d racing downtown, you got to get a license. Yeah, and then maybe you probably shouldn't be drag racing anyway. Maybe he ought to leave football and go to pro stock in the NHR or something. I don't know. Is he a good driver? I don't know, got it. We got to get some reports from the drag races out there and see how he was.
Speaker 1: Don't go out to Edgewater so seg We have the swearing in of af tab Purvall today. And during the campaign, you know they talked about safety was the big issue, the number one issue, right, So af tab Purvall comes out today and says, hey, uh, you know, we we need we need to address a crime in this city, yes, sir, and so therefore I'm going to need to raise taxes.
Speaker 2: So they've got it. They've got all this.
Speaker 1: Money they spent on the curfew. They spent on these things where you know, if if you get busted for the curfew, you can go. You're a kid, you can go and hang out. Not one teenager used it. They got all this money they spent on iris rollie. They had all this money they spent on passing out eight and a half million under protests, eight and a half million for the protesters eight point one million. Spend money on passing out snacks and coloring books down there at the Government Square.
Speaker 6: Come.
Speaker 2: I didn't get there. Well, I mean you've got to go ride the bus, okay, you know metro here I come. But they got they got money for all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: But now he says, if we're going to address crime, we got to have some more got to have some more of your taxes, have some more money.
Speaker 2: How big is that going to go over? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't remember, you know, I I was talking about this earlier that I don't remember him talking about that during the campaign. Well, today the campaign's over, of course, so today he gets inaugurated and says, hey, let's uh city council, you're gonna get busy raising.
Speaker 2: Some taxes for me. So there you go, and and and now and not surprising, he's going to get serious about addressing crime. Okay, that's what. What about the cychon throw more money at it. That's what they ought to do. Now the cyclone has been doing since the strike is over. Uh, they lost over the weekend at two in a row to Toledo, so that that was a big three day strike that they did.
Speaker 1: You should go back on striking practice a little bit. So we can't play until we learn't know in some games they're trying. So all right, seg get us out of the stooge report.
Speaker 2: Dan in honor of a cloudy day here in the Tri State, but nice temperatures for once. Come on then, and I think a year ago we got ten inches of snow on the ground.
Speaker 6: Was it this day?
Speaker 2: A year ago?
Speaker 6: I think? So were you were?
Speaker 2: I wasn't sitting here with you here? Yeah, you were about twenty miles north. We leave you with the immortal words of the stewed report. Boy, it is party time. Tonight at the Cowboys crib. I bet it is Sports broadcaster of the Year. I bet you flew in ribs and Montgomery and sauce and chips and ice cream and everything. Big party tonight at the Cowboys House. Maybe tomorrow will answer your call. Maybe so, maybe so.
Speaker 1: Seg We'll see you, yes, sir, on the Home of Jeff Brantley. Seven hundred WLW Back on the Big One, seven hundred WLW two fifty five. We rolled till three this afternoon. Dan Carroll and Bill Cunningham, Eddie and Rocky coming up next. I will be back here Friday for Bill Cunningham, so I'm looking forward to that. In between times, I got my regular shows on Wednesday and Thursday Night this week. I call it the midweek Crisis Wednesday Night and Thursday Night, so I'm looking forward to that. One of the questions I'm going to have tomorrow night is based on something I saw on my social media, and I've seen various forms of this over the last I don't know week, ten days or so, and got all these people out there talking about how Trump voters are experiencing buyer's remorse. Some dude named Alan Lichtman who is some liberal pundit, and he is a guy who predicted that Kamala Harris would win in a landslide. So that shows you how politically astute this guy is. Is out there making the claim now that Trump voters are experiencing buyer's remorse. So I don't have time for your phone calls right now, but tomorrow night and Thursday night, I'll be happy to take your phone calls on that. I responded to a similar statement like this on my social media a few days ago, and I said, you know what I said, I don't know anyone. I said, I know a lot of people who voted for Trump, a lot of people who voted for Trump, and I don't know anyone.
Speaker 2: Not a single one.
Speaker 1: Has expressed to me or anyone I know regret in casting that vote, saying, ah, man man, I voted for this guy. I'm sorry that he's president. Now I'm really mad at myself for voting for that dude. That has not happened a single time. And so that hasn't happened for me. And so my question is going to be tomorrow night, on my show on Wednesday night, has that happened to you? Anyone that you know of has come up to you and said, you know what, I voted for this dude, I shouldn't have done it.
Speaker 2: That's bad on me.
Speaker 1: I wish, I wish I would have voted for Kamala Harris instead, or maybe some other candidate. But pretty much there was only two candidates this last time out. If you didn't vote for Trump, then you voted for Kamala Harrison, maybe you didn't vote at all. But is there a growing sentiment out there that people who voted for Trump are feeling bad about that now, especially in the wake of what happened in Venezuela with Maduro and this whole notion that we, you know, there's a possibility now that we could have boots on the ground. I don't want that. I don't think anybody else wants that. I certainly hope that as this thing unfolds, that is it seems to be the least or the option that we want to happen the very least. We don't want that to happen at all. But if it does happen, he's going to have to have a damn good reason as to why it is happening. And I don't know that there's one out there. So just being honest about this, still supporting the guy, not sorry I voted for him. I think it's gonna why. I think it's gonna wind up being a great thing. But we get troops on the ground there and shots start flying back and forth.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to be happy about that.
Speaker 1: So that's a little preview of what are we going to talk about tomorrow night, And there's going to be a whole lot more than that, So I invite you to tune in.
Speaker 6: Then.
Speaker 1: One of the other things that we're talking about, the ten good news story he's from twenty twenty five that national media didn't really spend a whole lot of time talking about. Probably happy that you didn't see it, because of course, anything that's good accrues to the benefit of the Trumpster, and they don't want that. And what of them has to do with the stock market? The stock market was up, increase seventeen percent, stock market up, crime was down. What about illegal immigration, the border being closed? How many stories do you see about that on a regular basis. Now, some of the experts I talked to who are out there are talking about how it's like night and day at the border now compared.
Speaker 2: To what it used to be.
Speaker 1: So that's going to be on my shows tomorrow night and Thursday night, and I hope you can join me then. Until then, take care of yourself and we will see you next time. Eddie and Rocky are coming up next on the home of Jeff Brantley, National Sports Broadcaster of the Year. Congratulations to him, seven hundred wa out of you