Speaker 1: And rock.
Speaker 2: Well, the loss is a loss, but close close, but no Cigar defense played better.
Speaker 1: I got better stands. That was very impressive.
Speaker 2: Say, they had the had the goal line stand with eight minutes to go in the third quarter. Patriots were up seventeen thirteen. They held him on fourth down. That was great. And there was six minutes ago in the fourth quarter held on a goal line stand that forced the Patriots to kick a field goal. So so that was good. I mean, Barrett Carter, who's much maligned this year as a linebacker, had sixteen tackles, so good for him to come back out, and he looked good. I didn't see as many blatant missed tackles, certainly as a week before against Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: That was hopefully the worst that it will ever hit.
Speaker 2: But look, it's you know, that's just kind of the what's been going on to this team. It's just, you know, both sides of the ball have never played great, right.
Speaker 1: I'm the same day, yeah, in the same day, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So and in this case, you know, Joe Flacco I think finally looked older and a little beat up. I mean, I mean, God, love the guy. You know, he's got a hurt shoulder. You know, I'm sure they're shooting him up with all kinds of stuff. Then he had the finger, he had the looked like he had to pop back and soccer and you know, went out there and.
Speaker 1: Then throws a strike yeah to Tinsley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so but it's hard to win when you don't have Burrow, Chase Hendrickson and t Higgins, your four highest paid guys. They're not on the field. It's it's very, very tough. And it was still a twenty six to twenty game.
Speaker 1: So let me let me ask you this New England. Are they for real? Because I'll tell you what, man, I was impressed, especially by Drake May. I didn't see anything. Well, he was bad early, big time, but then second half. Yeah, because going into that game double I was sitting there watching and I said, no, I tell you they could ask for a better day to play football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the middle of November, right, yeah, it's perfect, no wind. Yeah, it was great. But I think I think they're good. You know, I'm sure they're riding some momentum and stuff, but I mean, I got the best record in the first team to the ten wins. It's crazy, but you have some of.
Speaker 1: Those passes that may sailed.
Speaker 2: I was like, what the hell, man, Yeah, a lot of hype this kidnight, but he was he was good when he had to be. Later in the game, found Hunter Henry for like this twelve thousandth time complete a big pass. So well, that's it.
Speaker 1: The chat today, of course, is is a Burro going to play on Thursday night?
Speaker 2: It would seem to be that's the case. That's what everything I read and I hear that. Yeah, and you know last week him not playing or yesterday not playing. All along, I never thought it made sense to have him come back for his first game and then on a short week go to Baltimore and play. So probably good to get a little extra time here and get that one out of the way. I mean, the problem is is they're not mathematically eliminated, but it's pretty much it's.
Speaker 1: Going to have to collapse right in the division. The division. Luckily for them, the division is not good. We've talked about that before.
Speaker 2: I know it makes it all the more painful if they just won those games, two games, you know, like that that Chicago game. You know you've winn that one. All of a sudden you're You're actually right there. It's it's very very unfortunate. It's just one thing to have a good team in a year that the rest of the division is just killing it, but on a year where it's a down year and you just you know, happen to have a year where it doesn't work out either as bad.
Speaker 1: So we were talking about Burrow, but let's talk about Flacco for a second. Jason Williams were in a nice column today talking about, you know, Joe Flacco appreciation a true pros pro man, that guy. You went like you were saying, I pop my finger back in a place I'm I'm gonna go out there and throw a touchdown bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But by the way, I think if if, if Jamar Chase plays, I think they win that game because I mean, you know, one thing Joe Flacco did was very smartly get the ball to number one where's he at? And I think that affected him a little bit.
Speaker 3: I mean, it would have been.
Speaker 2: More consequential to have Chase play than Burrow in that game. I think I think they could win. That could have won that game if Chase is out there. But you know, and then t Higgins goes down.
Speaker 1: I mean you're did you see him?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, didn't that did not as soon as he that he's gonna cast hit hard.
Speaker 2: So hope hopefully he's okay and don't keep him out a while. Well, we'll talk to lap later and we'll get an injury report or something.
Speaker 1: So but then, way you were talking about Flago looking looking at his age, now, I'll tell you that pick six that he threw, I was as soon you could see it happening. Yeah, just the angle they had on the camera, you could saw you saw what was going to happen, and I thought, oh there was I think this can't be that obvious to everybody. There has to be a penalty someplays.
Speaker 2: Nope, Nope, no, not at all. I mean you could tell he just went through his progression. And you know a lot of times the quarterback just you know, more or less assumes the checkdown is going to be wide open. Right, it's okay, that's not there, Okay, we'll check it down. Oops. That guy just happened. He made a great play, and and that's the way it goes. I mean, Flack, we even said after the games, I just I didn't see him not one bit. He was trying to find Higgins, I believe, And Okay, that's not there. Let's check the ball down. Nope, and uh g Stone had an interception. He played better, He had thirteen tackles after having maybe the worst game ever the last Pittsburgh game.
Speaker 1: So well man. And also we were getting back to Burrow for a second. Don't you think that when he comes back he wants to make a dramatic entrance, Hence coming back on Thanksgiving Night. I think he's really set his sights on that on Nash Television Thanksgiving Night, It's going to be a giant audience. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: That could be. I think even even if there was a possibility he was going to play on Sunday, I think the fact that he said, wait a minute, my guy Chase isn't gonna be out there. Let's let's make it next week. You know. Yeah, I don't know either. I have to believe that was a factor, either Burrow saying that or the organization and Zach Taylor saying, Okay, we're gonna really bring our guy back, ever being off for two months and him not have his his best weapon and we play in six days later. No, let's let's let's try this five days later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. With that, we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on well from the u SEE Health Traffic Center. You see Health's Epilepsy Center is leading the way toward better days for people with epilepsy with access to clinical trials from leading neurologists. Six more you seehealth dot Com seventy five. Have you usually make your way south bound through the road of work between Ronald Reagan High where Norwood Lateral delays back to Cooper and then again stop a go condition seventy five south as the Charles to the Brent Spence Bridge. Now the right lane is taken up on Norwood Lateral westbound at seventy one. Police on the scene of this crash, so playing on slowdowns here and we're seeing volumes picking up on two seventy five westbound at the Kentucky Indiana state line with the suwdowns back to the Petersburg exit due to the work on the Carrol Cropper Bridge. My bricks Rent produce Radio seven hundred WLW the forecast with seven hundred WLW Weather Center for tonight clouds occasional rain starting late the lower round forty five four to mile, looks like rain pretty much all day and the high of sixty It is fifty five Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: It's mundane mayhem when the basketball bear cans and NJIT Highlanders hit the hardwood.
Speaker 5: Will you see prowl the paint successfully?
Speaker 4: Or will New Jersey Institute of Technology and killed back to Jersey with a win? And catch the call today at six thirty pm on seven hundred WLW or stream seven hundred WLW on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: This report is sponsored by One Hour Heating and Eric Kendy Shning. As tims begin to drop, it's time to get your heating tune up with One Hour Heating and Airickendiy shing, they will get.
Speaker 2: You assed away. Freddy Murcer, I remember that was eleven. I remember this being a pretty big deal.
Speaker 1: The song or Freddie Murger of course, the song, but Frey Murcery dared.
Speaker 2: Then death came just one day after he announced his diagnosis of age to the press. Co founded Queen of Course in nineteen seventy, as well as the front man and uh pretty damn good singer.
Speaker 1: Yeah for my money, one of them from the best.
Speaker 2: I think he's got to be in the top five rock lead for sure vocalists of all time.
Speaker 1: But I will tell and I think you you listened to it one time George Michael when I was the salute to Freddie Mercury. They did a big show for him and they had different people come and sing songs, and George Michael did Somebody to Love by Queen and Neil. He sounded exactly like him. Really, yeah, it's damn good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and did you see the the document or not a documentary, but the movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, was that good? Really? You never liked those things? Yeah, you watch them all, but you know you usually are not moved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I told you the the Dylan one, I started watching that this isn't good.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: The same with the Queen thing. I thought was all right, but you know you read how much how good the guy was in it and stuff. He was good, I guess, But you know it's it's so hyped and everything's so warped. They combine events and all this crap, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that is what happens, is the embellishing of certain things, and then the right and they don't talk about this, and then it's mad about that, and it was hard to do it in a two hour movie. I guess I understand, but yeah.
Speaker 1: It's dude. Next year now I'll be seeing these movies. They're doing four movies about the Beatles. They're doing John, Paul, George, and Ringo. Each of them get in their own movie really about them. Yeah that's cool. Yeah, it will be cool.
Speaker 2: I don't hate it, but you hate you ass terrible. They forgot this this one time. George was at this pub and he wrote dead lines of this song. They didn't even talk about it exactly.
Speaker 1: That didn't happen there. But yeah, that would be pretty cool. So Rock I saw this story of the Weekend and I told my wife. I says to my wife, I was like, if I find out, if I found out this was you, uh, you would be subjected to us a slow, painful death.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: She's like, what, Yes, please tell me. I need to know. A guy in Michigan, a thirty three year old guy who was to remain anonymous, just won a million dollars top prize in the Blazing Suits scratch off lottery up there.
Speaker 2: Wow, million bucks and a scratch off in a scratch off? Wow?
Speaker 1: How did he want it, you say, well, let's talk to the winner. There was a blazing suit's ticket set aside on the counter that someone else had decided not to purchase, so I bought it. I scratched the ticket off and couldn't believe it when I saw it was worth a million dollars.
Speaker 2: Wow, So where was it at on the counter?
Speaker 1: Like I guess maybe the person inline before him had said, yeah, give me one of those whatever it's called blazing suits things, and then I don't know, maybe it didn't have enough money, and like, unscrew it. Just take the lottery ticket back the next person line. So that guy comes up and like, what's the lountery ticket doing? Sit in there? It was like that lady said she doesn't wonder whatever. Oh my god, he said, hell, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: See And you know that person knows who they are, because like, okay, it was it was at the whatever convenient mark. I was there about that time. Oh my god, yeah, how would how would you feel? I thought?
Speaker 1: That's why I told her. I was like, if you read this story and go, you know what, I think that was me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know I was in that same store that day, huh.
Speaker 1: And I was going to buy a lottery ticket, but I said, ah, no, we don't need I'm good.
Speaker 2: He it'd be hard when I lived down big time, Like here's your just absolute just sent from the heavens. Here's your undeserved prize or maybe deserved prize.
Speaker 1: And well that's one of those where you start thinking of that the rest of your life. You'd be like, what if in yourself, Oh yeah, that would have happened.
Speaker 2: Oh man, every time you face a little bit of money challenge, he's like, god, we just yeah, had you know, Linda just bought the damn cricket When we sit.
Speaker 1: Here, yep, yeah, the guy uh opted for the one time payment, which would be six hundred ninety three thousand dollars, and I allowed bad little payday. Waiting is a great feeling, he said, But it's also a lot of pressure because your your mind starts thinking of all the different things you can do with this amount of money. Now, see, now, what always happens to these guys. They win six hundred and ninety three thousand dollars, but then they make four million dollars with the plan correct, right, It's exactly right. And that's the reason to hear about all these guys going bankrupt.
Speaker 2: I mean have we've talked about this at length, but you have to you have to make one like smart, like okay, here, here's a bill or a car or some sort of thing that we have, like, okay, let's use that to take care of that. Wipe off a car payment or two car payments, or a house payment or something like.
Speaker 1: A quarter million whatever a certain percentage to put it in investments.
Speaker 2: Exactly if you should take a quarter to a third and put it in some r you know, ira sort of thing, and then just not think about it until you are getting ready to retire.
Speaker 1: But like you said, pay off your house, pay off this one down the line by yourself, a nice car, but don't be going out and getting a two hundred thousand dollars whatever. You know, there would.
Speaker 2: Disappeared out of the sky.
Speaker 1: Except for that person who laid that ticket back.
Speaker 2: Wow, so painful.
Speaker 1: Coming up speaking of money being on the table, Yeah, happening in Ohio.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, this is pretty interesting. So the OHSAA member schools, they passed the nil referendum proposal, and we are going to have Tim Streed, who is the director of media relations for the OHSA. It kind of lay this out, like what all does this mean? Can we just start willing nearly paying guys? Is it true? Nil? Where is there a gray areas to it? Because I mean this has the potential to really change the landscaping big time when it comes to high school sports in Ohio.
Speaker 1: All right, and we'll talk about it after the news News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: News Traffic and Weather.
Speaker 8: News Radio seven hundred wl W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 9: The DJ cases against Comy and James fall apart with the three point thirty report on Shawn Gallagher breaking Now, hey, George Rolling, the apployment at Lindsay Halligan as US Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia was invalid, dismissing indictments Halligan brought against former FBI Director James Comy and New York Attorney General Letitia James Halligan, President Trump's former attorney, hand picked by him to the post in order to bring those charges against Comy and James, two of his political opponents. ABC News of Jonathan carl says the indictments were controversial from the start.
Speaker 10: I during the course of this had been in touch with people in the Eastern District of Virginia where this case resigned. These both these cases have resided, and I mean it was, as far as I could tell, open revolt among the career attorneys in that US Attorney's office.
Speaker 9: The cases were dismissed without prejudice, which means and diamonds could be brought again.
Speaker 5: Novalatest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 11: From the UC Health Traffic Center, u SEE Health's Epilepsy Center leading the way toward better days for people with epilepsy, access to clinical trials and leading neurologists. Expect more at you sehealth dot com. We picked up an accident in Kentucky seventy five northbound at tur Point. Now we've got delaying this back to US forty two. It is about a twenty minute delay Norwood Lateral westbound at seventy one. Crashier has our right lane taken up and work on seventy five continues southbound Ronalding and Highwood to Norwood Lateral about a five minute delay from Sheppard. Traffic is slugin sean seventy five southbound from Meser Charles to the Brand Spence Bridge. Two seventy five at the Indiana Kentucky State line work on the Carrol Cropper Bridge, causing delays westbound back to the Petersburg exit. I'm Rick Shremp news Radio seven hundred The Ladies.
Speaker 8: Forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news Radio seven hundred wl JO.
Speaker 12: Clouds continued to roll in this afternoon as temperatures rise in the mid fifties. It's this evening that we will start to see some isolated showers, but all of it's pretty much on the light side. It's tonight that rain will move in and become likely definitely around for the Tuesday morning driving up through about midday. It's Tuesday afternoon that rain becomes a little more kind of spotty and light. Your high tomorrow is up at sixty from your severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Jennifer Ketchmark News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: CLAUDI in fifty six degrees currently news a service of low te center. Members of the Ohio High School Athletic Association voting to allow student athletes to make money off their name, image and like this. Tim Stree with the OHSAA on what could be expected, noting there's no limit as to how much such a high school athlete.
Speaker 7: Can make you know in a small town, a student athlete receiving one hundred dollars to endorse the local pizza shop to what we've all seen with you know, and in fact, actually the student athlete that signed the first NIL deal last month that was one hundred and fifty thousand.
Speaker 9: Dollars, and that student athlete was jamieor Brown, a junior wide receiver at Lane High School in the Dayton area who was already committed to Ohio State. His lawsuit led to a Franklin County judge granted a temporary injunction recently blocking the association's ban on NIL and ultimately forced the vote that took place between November seventeenth and twenty. First Street will be joining Eddie and Rocky next on news radio seven hundred WLW to talk more about this Hey train colliding with a parked you Haul and Hamilton this afternoon, forcing multiple road closures. Is happening before one thirty along the track on South Erie Highway, Maple and East Avenues, along with South Seventh, Butler, Dayton and Heaton Streets being shut down. There's been no timetable for a reopening. Registration still open for the one hundred and sixteen Western and Southern Thanksgiving Day Race at TQL Stadium Thursday morning. The pro am Pak Kids Fun Run starts at eight thirty, with the Western and Southern ten k and Chick fil A five k following at nine, starting on Central Parkway and will end on Ezra Charles. Those who want to run can register at Thanksgiving Day Race dot com seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 13: Here's a Bengals update, part to you by Good Spirits, Wind and Tobacco and Party Town. Thirteen locations open on Thanksgiving Day. Well Joe Burrow start Thursday night for the Bengals at Baltimore. Head coach Zach Taylor.
Speaker 14: I anticipate him playing, but we'll continue to work through the week. I'm not going to declare that definitively. He looks like he's in good shape right now. He'd be ready to go.
Speaker 13: More on Bengals line tonight at six oh five here on seven out at WLW College Basketball Tonight, n j I will take on Cincinnati Bearcats at six thirty here on seven hundred WLW. Eastern Kentucky faces Northern Kentucky at six thirty on the Project Bill Dennison seven out of WLW.
Speaker 5: Sports, but don't however, trading on Wall Street.
Speaker 9: Currently the DALL is up two hundred and thirty five points, NaSTA C up five hundred eighty, and the SMP up one hundred four points. Our next update is at four o'clock. I'm Sean Gallagher, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: News Radio seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio Station Guaranteed Human seven hundred WLW, HI Heart Radio.
Speaker 9: I'm Mario Lopez here and right now, Slowman's Home Security is offering a free home security system with free professional installation.
Speaker 1: And I didn't realize that Ohio.
Speaker 2: Is so far behind the crew on not anymore getting it done out of furry, getting it done in a hurry. So yeah, news came down today. Member schools of the Ohio High School Athletic Association have voted in favor of an emergency bylaw referendum on name, image and likeness, making Ohio the forty fifth state to allow nil at the high school level. And join us right now. A great guy I always enjoyed talking with him is the director of media relations for the OHSAA, Tim Street. Tim, how are you?
Speaker 7: I'm great guys, great to be with you again, and yeah, we're behind a little bit, but what a historic day in Ohio.
Speaker 3: It really is.
Speaker 2: Tim If you could just just take the listeners through just kind of the reader's digest version of how we got here and just what, you know, just how we got to this point right now.
Speaker 3: With us ruling sure.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, it really all began back when the NCAA lost their battle against NIL, and once that happened, states started falling kind of like Domino's with allowing NIL in their state. I think California was the first. You know, we put up a referendum to our schools back in twenty twenty two that they voted down. But back then NIL was still a little young. It was kind of in its infancy at the high school level. But since then, uh, year after year, more and more states allow it. And you know, we were going to put this up to our schools to vote on in May, but of course the lawsuit that got filed in October sped up that whole timeline a little bit, and our schools voted last week and they voted yes on NIL.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jim on, that's what that was a question. I was going to ask you how long this process has been going on, and you said since twenty two. Huh, that's crazy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, we you know, in twenty twenty two we had an idea to try to get out in front of it and put our plan in place, which has guardrails, which has precautions and a system for how NIL deals would take place. But our first proposal, I'm not surprised it did not pass. It was a little complicated. It put a lot of work on the schools. We've learned a lot since then. We've seen is what works well, what does not work well in other states. As you mentioned, Rocky, there's you know, we're now the forty fifth state that allows it. So we were a little slow to the party, which is okay, but you know, the lawsuits certainly sped things up.
Speaker 2: And the final results, Tim, were four hundred and forty seven schools voted to be in favor of the referendum to be in favor of NIL, one hundred and twenty one schools voted against. Two hundred and forty seven schools abstained at all from voting. Tim, I'm just curious if you've talked to any schools or coaches out there. I would like to hear what the general argument for schools that are in favor of this. So the schools that say, hey, we want this done and voted yes on this, what do they say is their reasoning why they think this is a good idea?
Speaker 7: Sure, well, you know, a school that voted yes on this referendum proposal may not necessarily love nil. That's a part of this whole story is you know, our by law that our schools just voted yes on has guardrails. It has a process for how this would happen if our schools did not vote yes on this proposal. What that means is the court would decide our by law on this. And we saw how that worked out at the NC double A level.
Speaker 2: Not good.
Speaker 7: And you know, basically, now that we have this bylaw in place, we are anticipating that the lawsuit will be dismissed. A version of nil is permitted, and so a yes vote means our schools wanted this language for NIL rather than risk letting the court decide what that would look like.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is a way for the Ohio schools to get out in front of it rather than you know, the NC double A come in and say boom, this is how it's going to be. The schools I've voted for it felt like this was a way they could have control it to some degree. Is that is that a good summary?
Speaker 7: That's a good summary. Yeah, that's absolutely right. And you know, our schools looked at this as a way for them to control the bylaw and to control what the regulations would be around NIL. Because guys, if our schools voted this down, it goes back to court here in Franklin County. The lawsuit continues, and as you can imagine, the OHSAA would not win that court battle. We would lose in a heartbeat, because we've already lost on other things. You know, it's forty four other states that have already fallen to the NIL regulation, and this was our best foot forward on trying to allow some NIL activity, which some of it's not bad, you know, there are good things about it too, But this has some some regulations that our schools thought would.
Speaker 2: Be a good idea. Tim Street of the OHSAA join us right now, and Tim, what can you tell us about the details of how this NIL is going to manifest itself? How is it? You know, how are payments made. How do these kids make money? What restrictions are on the whole smash?
Speaker 7: Sure? Well, the really short answer on what a student athlete can do is he or she could endorse a product, could get paid to do a commercial, could get paid to have their image on a poster advertising a company, advertising a restaurant, a car, whatever, similar to what you see at the college level. But really the bigger focus on this is what a student athlete cannot do, and what he or she cannot do is they could not endorse products or do anielectivities in their school uniform on school property. They cannot do that during the school day. And the other thing too, that's really different about this than what we see at the college level. This by law that our school's voted on says no collectives. There will be no collectives at the high school level in Ohio because we don't want schools paying athletes directly like what we see at the college level.
Speaker 2: Right, And that was kind of what I was gonna get at is. Look, I don't think tim anybody out there in Ohio has a problem with a local pizza joint paying a high school athlete twenty five hundred bucks to be in an advertisement form. I think everybody's fine with that. Folks are concerned of it is do do companies get together or certain people get together? And now all of a sudden, this payment isn't so much about an advertisement for their business. It's more of a hey, we'll give you this to come to our school. In the NC double A, that rule has been just bastardized to hell, right. I mean they have found ways, they find loopholes in that thing to where it has turned out to pay for play versus true nil. So you feel like the way the rule states now it'll stop that sort of thing from happening. That the play the play for play for play situation.
Speaker 7: We're gonna try. And you know this language which we included the full text of the bio law in our press release which is on the front of our site right now. People can look at.
Speaker 2: That and read it and make your.
Speaker 7: Own opinion about it. It was the best attempt we could do to have some controls. And you know, like all of our by laws that we have at the OHSAA, it depends on our schools taking ownership and helping us enforce those. That's a big difference between OHSA and nc Doubla. NCUBA has hundreds of enforcement staff that sometimes camp out at universities and colleges and do their work.
Speaker 3: We don't have that.
Speaker 7: We have twenty four employees here and we have eight hundred and fifteen schools, so we need our school administrators and our coaches to know the bylaws help enforce them. Our membership has now voted this into our constitution and bylaws, so we're going to need help enforcing it, certainly, but it is going to be more work for the OHSA to track these and help fororce are transfer and recruiting by laws.
Speaker 1: So tim one exactly is this going to go into effect? Because so from from what we're hearing it sounds almost immediate.
Speaker 7: It is immediate, yep, it is effective right now. In fact, here's kind of the interesting thing, guys. The lawsuit was filed back on what October twenty fourth or twenty fifth, that lawsuit when the judge issued the tro against the OHSAA. That is actually when NIL first began because the judge's decisions that we cannot enforce our by law on this topic. So actually NIL began in late October. Here's the funny thing though, from late October when that tro is issued. Until today, there were no rules because we had no by law that allowed it. Judge that can't enforce it. So actually today is when the rules start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get I'm trying to think through all the nightmare scenarios, and I guess I just wanted to say, you have a school that's in a school district that's kind of a wealthier community, more businesses, and you know, they start doling out payments to kids that to transfer from other schools that maybe don't have those kind of businesses that can offer him money, right, and they don't even look at it as like a this is going to be good for our business. So you've got a wealthy business owner and says, okay, great, whether this gives me any ROI at all or not, I'm going to dish out some money and get some players. They transfer from that school to that school and they get loaded. I feel like that's a is that a concern?
Speaker 7: Well, I'll tell you. Our transfer by law is still in effect. And if a student transfers from school A to school B, especially after they have established their eligibility at school A, there is a lengthy process that they go through and that will.
Speaker 2: Catch most of those.
Speaker 7: Now, the most common transfer, Let's say a student is enrolled at Turpin where my wife went, and that student and their family moved to Toledo. Well, that's a pretty easy acceptance on the transfer. If there is a student that goes from school A to school B and they're only five miles apart, that's a red flag. And that is when our office does its due diligence to find out why is this transfer happening? And that honestly catches most of them.
Speaker 2: What are the things that the OHSA needs to see for there to be a valid transfer. Let's say it's something the word isn't from one corner of the state to the other. Let's say it's just a kind of a more of a local thing. What are some of the parameters that the OSHA SAA says, Okay, if this, this, and this, you're saying this is what's the reason for the transfer, it's okay versus different reasons.
Speaker 7: How much time do you have?
Speaker 2: Very good?
Speaker 7: Now, we we we have several people here in our eligibility department that transfer that piece of paperwork. It's a paper that it's an application that the families and the receiving school fills out that has a lot of questions on it. It asks a lot of information about why the transfer is happening, and then per our transfer. By law, there are eleven potential exceptions that a student athlete may fit into, so it's one of those, and some of them are very basic, for example, moving more than fifty miles away, or a change of residents, those kind of things. That's the most common type, but there certainly are others similar. It could be there's a transfer exception for a military families for example, things like that. So there's the whole process. Our staff uses to go through that and they took a look at each one individually.
Speaker 2: Awesome, well with him, listen, we really appreciate you come on and talking about this. I'm sure there'll be many more questions that come up as as this starts to become clear of how this is gonna go, But we appreciate your time. I'm sure we'll talk again soon. Thank you, Tim.
Speaker 7: Sounds good, My pleasure guys anytime.
Speaker 1: Yep, take care, Thanks Tim. I'm with you, man, I just what I can at worms really.
Speaker 2: It is because you see, even at the college level, it's like, yeah, we're gonna allow these athletes to make money off their name, image and likeness. But it's not how it's worked out, and there's different there's so many subjective, gray area things you can do. Again, no one has a problem with the local hardware store paying a kid a few bucks to use their name, image and likeness to help advertising. No one has a problem with that. I don't think it's does that company are they sincere and in their ploy that this is gonna help our business or just like, hey, we've got a lot of money and we got a certain kind of amount set off over here, whether it really gives us any return on our investment or not. Boys going to get some really good players to come here.
Speaker 15: Yep.
Speaker 2: I don't see how you stop that because it's a little wink, it's a little nod, but it's you know, technically it all falls under the right things.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you said it. We're seeing what's happening in college man college game right now?
Speaker 2: Is way?
Speaker 1: It's it's about the same game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I mean, where's it end? Middle school in Iol? Youth football in Iol. I'll tell you what I coach youth football if if I get parents starting demanding payments from me. I'm going to buy the condo next to you, and I'm quitting. That's it.
Speaker 1: That's it. With With that in mind, we had to traffic and weather. What's going on.
Speaker 11: From the U SEE Health Traffic Center. You see Health Epilepsy Center is leading the way towards out better days for people with epilepsy with access to clinical trials from leading neurologists.
Speaker 2: Expect more. You see health dot com.
Speaker 11: Well traffic is sewing on seventy five north bind A turfway in Kentucky with a crash on their shoulder here. So we have about a twenty five minute delay on northbound seventy five four to seventy one near Columbia Parkway. An accident reported here as well. We have police on the scene. Seventy five southbound Arner Reagan Highwood to Norwood Lateral. It's about a five minute drive with traffics onwing from Galbrith and have your pockets on seventy five north now Mitchell de Paddock it's about a ten minute delay. And we also have a seventy one filling in MLK to fur seventy one My bricks Rapidews Radio seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight, clouds, occasional rain starting late the lower round forty five four to mile looks like rain pretty much all day and the high of sixty It is fifty five. Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: All right, mister Penny, I'm going to say a word, and you tell me the first thing that pops into your.
Speaker 8: Mind got you doc comfortable, Scott's load desirable.
Speaker 2: Scott's loan.
Speaker 1: You cannot say Scott's phone every time?
Speaker 2: That all right, all right, I won't good. The word is charming.
Speaker 3: A monkey, but that's good.
Speaker 2: A monkey in the jungle listening to Scott's loan.
Speaker 3: Scott's loan, you may become obsessed.
Speaker 16: Join me Scott's Loan tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred.
Speaker 4: Wl Monkey listening to Scott's Sloan, you're telling me they don't.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Lows.
Speaker 1: It's never too what the discarded lottery ticket one a million dollars, Yeah, just happened to a guy in France earlier in the month. The town council there's decided that this fella can keep the eight hundred thousand dollars worth of gold bars and coins he found in his backyard while he was digging for a swimming pool.
Speaker 2: Say, I wonder if that happens, Like, do people just they can't resist and they have to tell the authorities or something. Oh, yeah, that happened to me. The only way you would know it is you'd show up for work and I wouldn't be.
Speaker 1: There triving to solid gold. The gold was stashed in plastic bags. He found it back in May, and that finally made the decision on it. Let said they were unable to determine that the gold had been stolen or what, and the home's previous owner had died, so air go, it's his.
Speaker 2: How much was it again?
Speaker 1: Eight grand?
Speaker 2: Okay? Bad?
Speaker 15: Bad?
Speaker 1: I mean that's pocket change for big guy like you.
Speaker 2: No, man, i'd be I mean that's everybody's dream, right, is to find something on.
Speaker 1: Their literally buried treasure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got like an old barn on your property or something, or tearing down an old house.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: We we've done that before, Like the topics were finding about stuff you found, like his contractor going and knock an old house down inside the walls or some like Mason jars full of silver stuff.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 1: Coming up, we're going to be talking about restaurants with the Ocmpic diet. This is right for you, Yeah, okay, but that's after the news News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: News, Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 16: Early holiday gift for a couple of President Trump's adversaries. But legal trouble may not be over. This is the four o'clock report. I'm Matt Reeves breaking now. It was unlawful a federal judge tossing the indictments of the former FBI director and the current Attorney General of the State of New York. James Comy and Letitia James, respectively, are considered by President Trump as enemies, and his payback for past grievances suffered its own setback today. That judge called the President's appointment of Lindsay Halligan to US Attorney for the Eastern District unlawful and has thrown out the indictments of Comy and James. Comy accused of ligning to Congress, James charged with mortgage fraud.
Speaker 17: Federal Judge Cameron Curry based rulings on the law, which is when a top federal prosecutor's role in a judicial district is left vacant for more than one hundred and twenty days, only the district court can fill it. As a result, Curry has dismissed the indictments Lindsay Halligan brought against Letitia James and James Comy. The former FBI director responded online.
Speaker 15: I'm grateful that the court ended the case against me, which was a prosecution based on malevolence and incompetence.
Speaker 17: A White House spokeswoman says the dismissals will not be the final word. Stephen Portnoy, ABC.
Speaker 3: News Washington R.
Speaker 16: Let's get to the road. It's the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 11: From the UC Health Traffic Center, UCE Health's Epilepsy Center. He is leading the way toward better days for people with epilepsy with access to clinical trials from leading neurologists. Expect more at ucehealth dot com. All right now, Traffic is selling on seventy five as you make your way southbound Ronald Reagan high Way down in Norwood. Lateral traffic is heavy from Gaulberth for seventy one north near Columbia Parkway crash reported accident town. The shoulder is seventy five north pound A turfway in Kentucky. Now, that's about a twenty minute delay. We're so it buns back to Mount Zion Road and on two seventy on the seventy five, that is, we're selling northbound between Mitchell and Paddock and southbound seventy five Western Avenue to the Brent Spence Bridge Heavy seventy one south MLK to four seventy one. A couple of minute delay by Brick Shrepp. Here's radio seven hundred wdl W.
Speaker 4: Now the latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck, We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 16: The rain moves in after eleven tonight, low down to forty seven, rain mainly before eleven Tomorrow morning, and we'll be looking at a high tomorrow of sixty one. Tuesday night, rain likely through the overnight hours into Wednesday, and looking at a low of forty on Wednesday. A slight chance rain before one in the afternoon, mostly cloudy in a high of fifty two. Thanksgiving Day in Cincinnati got to be sunny but cold, high thirty eight Friday for shopping, sunny and a high of thirty six, and right now in Cincinnati we have fifty five degrees. Kenwood Town Center prepping for this coming Friday day after Thanksgiving. Big concern is always the traffic jams and the parking look a little deeper, says the general manager of the Kenwood Town All.
Speaker 18: When people will get off the interstate to come to the Town Center, they come to the first entrance exit, that is not the only parking we have, and we'll have signage that kind of shows that. So when you get in front of the Town Center, there'll be signage digital signage on the road and on our property showing where additional parking is at.
Speaker 16: And expect to see police officers. Lieutenant Paul Nabor with the Hamilton County Sheriff's Department.
Speaker 19: You've increased our patrols withinside the town inside the town Center. Multiple different ausers are going to be within there and to hand on any kind of calls for service withinside the mall.
Speaker 16: And while we're talking about holiday traditions, the Western and Southern Thanksgiving Day Race coming up on Thursday morning and there is still time to sign up.
Speaker 20: It's just a great family tradition and both The beginning of the race.
Speaker 21: Is outside right in front of TQL Stadium on Central Parkway at ends with everyone being able to go onto the field inside the stadium.
Speaker 16: Jeff Birding with FC Cincinnati helping to promote on the Bill Cunningham Show this afternoon. Western and Southern races on Thursday, beginning eight thirty with the Pro and Pac Kids Fund Race at eight thirty at nine o'clock, the Western and Southern ten k, and the Chick fil A five k, and you can register at Thanksgiving Day Race dot com four five and we check in now with the segment.
Speaker 3: Seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 13: Here's a Bengals Upda part to you by Good Spirits, Wind and Tobacco and Party Town at thirteen locations open on Thanksgiving Day.
Speaker 16: Well.
Speaker 13: Joe Burrow star Thursday night for the Bengals at Baltimore. Head coach Zach Taylor.
Speaker 14: I anticipate him playing, but we'll continue to work through the week. I'm not going to declare that definitively. He looks like he's in good shap right now.
Speaker 11: He'd be ready to go.
Speaker 13: More on Bengals Line tonight at six oh five Here on seven undred WLW College Basketball Tonight, MJI will take on Cincinnai Bearcats at six thirty here on seven hundred WLW. Eastern Kentucky faces Northern Kentucky at six thirty on the Project Bill Denison, seven Ountred WLW Sports.
Speaker 2: And on Wall Street.
Speaker 16: This afternoon, we're right up against the clothes on the Dow is up by two hundred and three points, s and P five hundred, having a good day two up by one hundred and two and very good day for Nasdaq six thirty four.
Speaker 2: On the plus side, it's four oh six.
Speaker 16: Our next news coming up at four thirty Matt Reese News Radio seven hundred w welport.
Speaker 3: A sponsored by the Ohio Department of Transportation.
Speaker 1: What do we do to be safe and ready to go? All right back with Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 2: And Rocky.
Speaker 1: The osepic is changing a lot of things.
Speaker 2: A lot of things. It is certainly the hottest thing out there when it comes to weight loss and all that sort of thing. And this is a new one o Zembic menus with I guess smaller meals are appearing on restaurants menus.
Speaker 1: That's pretty amazing and here to discuss whether it is Our restaurant experts always love having them on. Nick nia A Nakas, he heads up the Franchise Consulting Company and the Great American Franchise Expo, author of the Franchise NBA. Nick, Welcome back, buddy, Thanks, it's great to be here.
Speaker 2: So Nick, this.
Speaker 1: That seems to be a trend and these I mean these things that I'm reading here. It's essentially like say they were talking about this one restaurant where you go in instead of you got a the Ocmpic burger, it comes with a burger the size of a slider, with a shot glass with a few French fries in it and a tiny dab of ketchup, and it comes with your choice of a tiny beer, a tiny martini or a tiny wine.
Speaker 22: It's like the scene and Zoolander when they're finding the smaller and smaller phones, right, and it's like.
Speaker 2: The size of a thumbnail.
Speaker 1: Eventually, Yeah, you know, it's.
Speaker 22: Like, first we all got fat, we all wanted more food, all you can eat buffets, all this kind of stuff. Then we all got skinny. Everybody's on a zepic and now everyone's feeling bad because they can't finish their other meal, and restaurants are going to capitalize on it. I mean, they've had a pretty tough go of it the last couple of years. So being able to sell you smaller portions, keep your food costs down, and still charge you a fair amount, I think it's probably not a terrible thing. And you're seeing a lot of restaurants now trying to figure out how to.
Speaker 2: Capitalize on it. And I don't fault them because I would do the same thing to your point, where the restaurants have gone through hell in the last five years. But yeah, I feel like this is more of a ploy, not so much to cater to these zembic people. More we can we can keep our food costs down, still charge of percentage a little bit, you know, higher amount, and make a few bucks.
Speaker 21: Right, That's it.
Speaker 22: You know, anything that they can do to keep the clients coming in is a wise move. And you're seeing a whole bunch of change rolling out test markets in this. You know, Olive Garden is doing a lighter portions entry entree, PF Chang's is offering a menu with two different sizes, So I think you're going to seeing this become more and more pervasive. But then the question is if you eat it and you're still hungry, then what.
Speaker 3: Do you do?
Speaker 1: Right to me, that's kind of a problem there, right, give.
Speaker 22: Me another mini burger, I'm still hungry. By the time you leave, it's three times what you would have paid for the regular burger, right, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean I'd go in there and have to buy three burgers and he's forty seven dollars, get a.
Speaker 22: Bag of flyers. They like gas, so they'll treat you right, at least for about an hour.
Speaker 1: And what one thing Nick, I've always wondered is why don't they let people order off the kids menu? You know, I mean a meal is a meal, right, You're selling food as people. It tends to be older people I think, who don't obviously don't eat as much as they used to. Is there a reason for that? Because I don't think that'd be an easy fix right there.
Speaker 22: Well, you know, it's interesting because it brings up a lot of questions about.
Speaker 3: You know, what can you and can't you do?
Speaker 20: Right?
Speaker 22: If you're selling something, you should allow anybody to use it. It's kind of like the airlines when they said, you know, if I'm gonna fly for from you know, Miami to Cincinnati, but I can get a cheaper flight going from Miami Cincinnati to Detroit and then I get off in Cincinnati, why should I be penalized for that? So I don't think there's any really good reason for that. It's like, you know, if I order something and then I don't eat all of it, can you charge me more for leaving the food behind? So I think there's a lot of rules out there that when you look at them, they're pretty wonky, and ultimately the consumer is going to make the choice. And so that's what I think is happening now with the ozenbic lighter portion meals and you know, to be determined. Are people going to embrace them? Are they going to want to go out more? Are people not eating out because they feel like I'm wasting food? Or whatever? Happened to the old fashioned doggie bagh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the thing where yeah, a lot of folks maybe they don't eat everything there, but take a little bit to go home. I guess yeh. I mean, so you're saying in the industry that this is like a big thing that every restaurant has meetings about and trying to figure out how we can kind of catch onto this ozempic crise.
Speaker 22: You know, I think they're meetings that are going on right now, but they're really around how can we entice people to come in more often? And if this is the you know, flavored DuJour, then let's see if that sticks.
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 22: Is that the price elasticity of the meal. Is that going to bring somebody in? We're charging forty percent less because you know, are you getting forty percent less food or you getting seventy percent less food? That's the part that you know, I haven't quite figured out yet because it's it's such a new trend that you guys picked up on that you know, the data just isn't out there yet. But it would be very interesting to go and way the regular burger versus the minio zempic burger and see what are you getting for what price? Usually when you buy less, you pay more, right.
Speaker 1: Correct, Well, that's exactly what's gonna happen too. Yeah, you think, uh, Nick, Nick and Neonagas is our guest, and Nick, any other trends that we should be keeping an eye out for the restaurant business these days, because, like Rocky pointed out, they have been going through hell in the last five six years they have.
Speaker 22: You know, I was with a bunch of restaurant executives a couple of days ago. They were talking about how they could decrease their costs, and they were talking about a topic you guys brought up in a previous show, waste, the cost of waste of trash. And this company, Subcontained Subcontained dot com is their website, is doing amazing things in commercial trash colledge with their vertical in ground dumpsters, saving restaurants a lot of money. So I think a lot of areas like that is what companies are looking at. It's around labor, it's around food costs, it's around ancillary costs. You know, I don't know if it's selling a burger for forty percent less is going to move the needle all that much. But if you can take you know, three or four or five net percentage points out of all your expenses, that really adds up for these guys, and that's where they're focusing their attention.
Speaker 2: What what what in your opinion, what are the major hurdles for a restaurant. Obviously, the cost of the food, the cost of the protein in particular, is the highest cost. But what, what, in your opinion and experience, has the biggest potential to be I guess curtailed, you know right.
Speaker 22: Now, it's labor, you know, I mean food is a big, big problem.
Speaker 7: Labor.
Speaker 22: I mean, you know, these these kids, they don't want to work for minimum wage, had long hours like we used to back in the day, walking uphill, you know, both ways to school. Yes, but you know, finding people to work in restaurants has been really tough, and so robotics has been a huge trend over the last couple of years. Whether it's in the ordering, you know, you go up to the drive or you might not be talking to the person at the cash register, you might be talking to somebody in the Philippines. And then in the kitchen. How do you take labor out of that? So anything that restaurants can do to decrease labor, they're going right at that as hard as they can because that's a huge cost component along with the food cost. You can't do much about food cost, right It's not like hey, now serving cheaper meat to bring the price down, you know, our grade D meat is going to save you ten percent off the price of your burger. But if you can figure out how that fewer people in the back, yeah, that's going to move the needle. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I'm wondering to us, can you get a finger on why exactly? It seems like and it is younger people that generally wait the tables and whatnot, that just the attitude has really gotten bad in a lot of cases. I don't ever remember going to a restaurant and having someone just absolutely not disdain me, but kind of like not really give two damns about what I want or what I'm doing.
Speaker 23: There.
Speaker 22: We're putting fingers on the ed Finger show on the there you go, you know. You know, I think it's pervasive, it's everywhere. It's like, all of a sudden, everybody just kind of doesn't care, you know. And I think you can point back to the pandemic. I think we're still, you know, dealing with that hangover. But in general, you know, I used to have this metric. I called it the burger metric, okay, And it would be when I'd go into a fast food place, how was the burger built? When I got it? Like, was the was the burger falling off, the bun? Was the ketchup all over the place? Everything was just a mess, like they just threw it together. And I would say that's a very low scoring restaurant. And sometimes you'd go to a fast food place and everything would line up perfectly right, like somebody with OCD put that burger together. I'd give them pretty high score. It seems lately like you know, the ketchup is being squirted on the outside.
Speaker 15: Of the back.
Speaker 22: Yeah, that's where it's covered to. So I think it's I think it's the pandemic. I think it's just a general lack of care. I think the labor market's tight, so managers aren't saying, you know, look, if you're not doing a good job, we're going to fire you, and people buying large. You know, employees are kind of taking that to heart and saying, well, there's not a whole lot of ramifications here. I'll go get another job if I get fired.
Speaker 3: It's not good for the country, agreed.
Speaker 1: Where's the restaurant business?
Speaker 21: You know?
Speaker 1: With that nick, we will let you go. People want to find out more about it is that you do. Where can they go?
Speaker 22: Well, I'd love to give all of your listeners a free copy of the franchise MBA for being loyal ed and rocky listeners. If they text the word franchised to two six seven eighty six, that's franchised to six seven eight six, we will reach out and we will send them a copy of the franchise NBA sixteen ninety five value free of charge on us for listening to your awesome show.
Speaker 20: Nick.
Speaker 1: We appreciate it. Man, thanks so much.
Speaker 22: Thanks guys, have a happy Thanksgiving everybody.
Speaker 15: You do this.
Speaker 1: Thanks Nick, good friend. Nick.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is similar to shrink flation, right where all of a sudden, instead of a two liter of pop, it's a one point eight liter. But it never goes back right like this, you just started getting the smaller menu items at the restaurant. When this trend switches, which it obviously always does, it goes back and forth. Wan more wan the last went more and want less. You're never going to get that you know, huge burger again that you once got at that place. It's it's going to always stay a little bit smaller.
Speaker 1: And see that's the thing we're going to We're going to age out and go away. And so yeah, they're they're for you know, it's the long play for those guys obviously, right, So, hey, your twenty year old, that's the burger they've always had.
Speaker 2: That's a great point, yeah, because you know, maybe the older generation does remember the good old days when you got a massive ton of food in the buffets and in all that, the younger folks are like, oh, this kind of it's always been. How'll they get you?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: With that, we head to traffic and weather. What is going on.
Speaker 11: From the uc Health Traffic Center in the UC Health's Epilepsy Center is leading the way toward better days for people with epilepsy with access to clinical trials from leading neurologists. Expect moreuc health dot com Well. Traffic is swing on two seventy five westbound off ramp for Reid Hartman. A breakdown here is on the rampant. Cruise around the scene trying to get this taken care of seventy five southbound from ronalreg And Highway to nor Was that all about a ten minute drive? Now with traffic sowing from right around Shepherd because of that road to work River Road westbound at Evans, it's a crasher that has traffic swing from Freeman in Kentucky, the right lane taking up two seventy five eastbound manual of the Park to seventy five and then seventy five north. At Turfoy the right shoulder affected with a crash in about a ten minute delay. Seventy five south as the trials to the Brand Spence still a bit of a delay, about a five minutes slowdown by Brick Schreperis Radio seven hundred WYLW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight, cloud's occasional rain starting late the lower round forty five for Tomile looks like rain pretty much all day and the high of sixty It is fifty five Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 23: This week, Americans give thanks and there's a lot to be thankful for, like my invisible noise canceling earplugs. I won't have to listen to Uncle Don go on and on about how things were better when he was the boss this year, and of course we're thankful for listeners like you. Happy Thanksgiving from seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: This report.
Speaker 2: It is sponsored by Land of Illusion Christmas Glow Experience.
Speaker 12: The Midwest largest Christmas village at Land of Illusion over three.
Speaker 1: Eddy and Rocky and Rocky it is Monday and love this week though Thanksgiving week's always you know, gam packed best holiday right Yeah, for my money, I was nice and relaxing. Just make yourself a boat ton of food and uh and you've see. Okay, let's just talk about it briefly. Rocky started his fasting diet that we talked about last yek.
Speaker 15: It is so.
Speaker 2: We talked with PJ last week on Thursday and I and I told you for a while I wanted to just I you want to try? You know you hear a lot about those fasts that people do, twenty four hour fast and PJ actually up the challenge. He said, do it like a week long thing, like eat a day off day, eat a day off a day. So to day is my first day with no food. I'n't been too cranky, have I?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I'll say that for Kelly. Want to get homp. Sure, but then I'll eat tomorrow, which is Tuesday, eat not eat Wednesday, eat Thursday. I was smart enough to make sure I didn't. I didn't have my non eating day on Thanksgiving. That would be brutal. And then Noah four go Friday, eat Saturday, nothing Sunday, and then Monday, I'll pick back up and I'm going to report back to see whatever it did, it helped me, It helped my brain, did it ruin my marriage? Did it whatever?
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: We'll keep you posted. But now it's the news News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w L Cincinnati.
Speaker 9: Trump's plan to prosecute political opponents, it's a legal roadblock with the four point thirty report. I'm Sean Gallagher breaking now. Indictment's brought against former FBI director James. Call me in New Yorkttorney General Letitia James have been dismissed by a judge rolling that the appointment of Lindsay Halligan as US Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia was invalid. Halligan is President Trump's former attorney who was handpicked by him to fill the posts in order to bring charges against Comy and James, two of his political opponents, as Trump is also pushed for other political foes to be indicted.
Speaker 24: The sequence of events with President Trump tweeting, posting on social media about the case, the notion that the previous Trump appointed US attorney had basically decided not to move forward with prosecutions these indictments, and now the question that the process itself was unlawful, and so now there is a huge question at DJ in terns of whether these cases should proceed or not.
Speaker 9: ABC News Chief Justice correspondent here Thomas. The indictments dismissed without prejudice, meaning charges could be filed again.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 5: The latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 11: From the UC Health Traffic Center See Health's Epilepsy Center leading the way toward better days for people with epilepsy with access to clinical trials from leading neurologists. Expect more matt ucehealth dot com. Seventy five southbound slows with the roadwork from Ronal Ring and Highway to Norwood Lateral about a seven minute delay now and we have a two seventy five westbound off ramp to read Hartman with a breakdown at the end of the ramp and the crews are there. In Kentucky, traffic solows on seventy five north a turfway crash on the shoulder and then two seventy five east bound Manual to Pike to seventy five on the right shoulder we have an accident and traffic is sluggish. Heavier pockets to seventy five northbound U West forty two to the Brench Spence and on seventy five northbound between Mitchell and Paddock, about a five minute drive.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 11: I'm Rick Shrimp, News Radio seven hundred W one the Ladies.
Speaker 8: Forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news radio seven hundred WL Forge.
Speaker 25: And it is going to be showers, rain, and we'll see a four nine at seven am in the morning. Now for our Tuesday, more rain, a few afternoon showers, a high as sixty at night, cloudy, a chance of wet weather in forty eight. Does look cold and windy on Thanksgiving. From your severe Weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Cloudy skies right now it's fifty two degrees. Rhoads will be busy during the Thanksgiving weekend, and there's also a plan in place to alleviate traffic backups on Black Friday, with many expected to be out shopping.
Speaker 16: Oh DoD police and the Kenwood Town Center all working together to try to reduce the backups that are coming this weekend.
Speaker 26: On Friday, we will be implementing a traffic management plan on I seventy one in Montgomery Road that should ease congested and make traveling less stressful.
Speaker 16: Doug Groover with the Ohio Department of Transportation says they'll also be adjusting the signal timings that on and off ramps to better manage a huge traffic volume in the area of the ball.
Speaker 26: Temporary signage and message boards to alert motorists of increased traffic, and the use of alternate routes such as State Route one twenty six and Ronald Reagan Highway and Kenwood Road.
Speaker 2: Matt Reeves News Radio seven hundred doub l.
Speaker 9: Double University of Cincinnati Athletics director John Cunningham apologizing behalf of UC and the athletics department for derogatory chants from a group of fans during Saturday night's football game against eleventhrank BYU at Nippert Stadium, Cunningham saying the use of offensive, more religiously derogatory language used by that group was unacceptable and does not reflect UC's values. Those chance targeting Mormons, with Cunningham and the statement extending an apology to both the BYU community and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints UC fell to BYU twenty six fourteen, seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 13: Here's a Bengals update, part to you by Good Spirits, Winded Tobacco and Party Town thirteen locations opened on Thanksgiving Day. Well Joe Burrow star Thursday night for the Bengals at balld tomorre head coach Zach Taylor.
Speaker 14: I anticipate him playing, but we'll continue to work through the week. I'm not going to declare that definitively. He looks like he's in good shape right now. He'd be ready to go.
Speaker 13: More on Bengals line Tonight is six oh five here on seven hundred WLW Tyllers Basketball Tonight n J I T will take on Cincinnati Bearcats at six thirty here on seven hundred WLW. Eastern Kentucky faces Northern Kentucky is six thirty on the Project Bill Denison seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Sports Final Nubers on Wall Street today the Dell of two hundred three points, the Nastack up almost six hundred points in the S and p up one hundred two. Our next update is at five o'clock. I'm Sean Gallabagher News Radio seven hundred WLW News Radio.
Speaker 4: Seven hundred WLW, and iHeart Radio Station Guaranteed Human seven hundred WLW, HI Heard Radio.
Speaker 1: Are you drowning an IRS tax debt?
Speaker 22: I'll be IRS thirty seven thousand Edny Rocky Monday.
Speaker 1: That means we're we be talking to our good buddy Dave Lapham lap at the ta after the five plots.
Speaker 2: Yes, but first aid, how about a few stories about found treasure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've had a couple of those, we we have, So.
Speaker 2: This one here is pretty interesting. So this is back in seventeen eight, So this is right around the time Willie was playing for Thomas Funerhome. Right, there was a Spanish galleon called the San Jose. Okay, it sank after being attacked by an English fleet, all right, and it had always been rumored. Okay, what I think they got a bunch of you know, treasure and gold and stuff on this sort of thing. Uh So they finally finally located this thing back in twenty fifteen. Okay, right where it is. Here's where word it's at. The ship is believed to hold eleven million gold and silver coins, emeralds and other precious cargo head. Dang, So where's your oxygen tank and your flippers and your snorkel mask, dude, let's go get it.
Speaker 1: Remember we had those guys on a while back that were from the area that did treasure hunting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was this particular one.
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, it'd be. I just wanted to. I just think it's interesting, you know. Oh yeah, I mean if it would seem to be really hard, but if you'd found something obviously very lucrative.
Speaker 2: Well they think that it could be worth twenty billion dollars only if recovered. Yes, so much. Treasures on board that wreck has become known as the Holy Grail of shipwrecks. The ship was on Suey to Spain.
Speaker 25: Uh.
Speaker 2: There was going to be the uh, you know, the the capture of King Philip the fifth when it sank along with six hundred sailors. And this is a pre wild store. Only seven of the or shooting. Only eleven seamen on that on that boat actually actually survived. This is in uh and it's in the Caribbean Sea, so that Columbia has found it, which is a pretty upstanding country, so you'll love this sort of so uh. President Gustavo Petro's government said that the purpose of the deep water expedition ed is research and not the seizure of the treasure. Of course, come on, get your head out of the We want to ghett old fashion research. We want to really find out what happened to this this galleon back in the day.
Speaker 1: Uh huh that happens to have twenty billion dollars of gold on it. That that just that's a little side bonus.
Speaker 2: So I guess the first thing they brought up was a cannon, and I you know, I didn't print them out, but I saw pictures of it. Were like, it's pretty It's a cannon, right, Like it's pretty neat. So anyway, crusted it over with the you know the stuff that, yeah, stuff from arnacles or whatever.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: The wreckage is six.
Speaker 2: Hundred meters deep, and I think while we're seeing all this, it didn't specify on this particular one. But you know, they got this new it's called radars called LDAR right where it kind of you know, admits like a they're finding all this stuff like in the Amazon rainforest because it can kind of shoot down below the surface of things and foliage and water and kind of see what's going.
Speaker 1: On down on like the imaging kind of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got three D imaging kind of kind of situation where you can find out where this this ship went down Spain six centimeters is two thousand feet deep. That's why they haven't found the thing in three hundred years.
Speaker 1: Whatever happened, weren't they supposed to have found Amelia Earhart's playing a while back. Yes, I never did hear anything more about that.
Speaker 2: I've seen a few things. I don't know if anything definitive has come out, but that would be cool.
Speaker 1: Oh, I just saw a story about it. Her last Did you see this last week? It was her last radio transmission. No, they found a record of it and see I thought it was going to be helper going down and it goes, you know, go dead. No, it was like her coordinates where the last direction she was heading.
Speaker 2: But that was it that was disappeared. Here want to hear again? You love this line? Colombia is an arbitration litigation with the U S search of Mata, a group of US investors for the economic rights of the San Jose. So this group of you know, venture capitalists basically for America, said hey, we found that. That's ours to me saying no, uh huh, even though it's about the research. Ed, still it's still like, as a consolation, more than twenty billion dollars. And it's the group that's saying it's for the research or the Columbia cy Columbia research. Yeah, right, yeah, the venture capitalist group saying we're here to find treasure and get rich. Correct he Colubia saying no.
Speaker 1: Nah baby nah, yes, oh hey, good luck to everybody concerned.
Speaker 2: And another one ed, how about this? See this painting here? What does that look like? Yeah, Virgin Mary and a baby. Right, well, that's what it looks like. So this is a Renaissance pain was found in a dusty garage not long ago.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 2: The work which depicts the madonna and child is believed to be by fifteenth century painter Pietro Vanucci. It was just sold to a private buyer for what's seven hundred thousand pounds like a million bucks? Yeah, something like that, maybe a little at one point two something like that. Yeah, sold after a fifteen minute online bidding war. The auction house JS Fine Arts in Banbury, Oxfordshire. But Bye Bop. Yeah, it believes to be by fifteenth century painter Pietro Venucci, who, by the way, was a student of or No, his student was the famous painter Raphael Oh wow, yeah, so that's pretty cool. But yeah, Venucci died in fifteen twenty three. But he painted this great picture.
Speaker 1: And there you go in a crazy haul. Those great folks kind of hung out together or they somehow knew each other, and they were all really good at what they did. Lanslow and yeah, the same with the you know, the old composers, those guys. Yeah, I mean, I don't know, Beethoven, Mozart around the same time. But that's what I'm wondering, you know, I get it all, remember, or maybe we just kind of lump them, want to correct? That's two years between them, I don't know, hanging out with Lennon and McCartney and Elvis, I think.
Speaker 2: But but this brings up to my point the other day. But there's no least modern art pieces paintings that I see that to me look like true talent in this. I mean, look at that like that. This is a great radio by the way, but you know, the.
Speaker 1: Sure absolutely that is like like a classic paint.
Speaker 2: You to look at that and say, God, that is it. That takes true talent. They get the image of the face and the baby and the lighting and the modern art stuff is like like splotches of paint thrown on a thing and.
Speaker 1: A banana taped to a wall with a frame.
Speaker 2: Right, what was the one too? About the It was like a painting of so there was like a blank frame. We just empty frame, man, And it went like a couple hundred grand I forget, but it was very expensive, good money if you can look if somebody's dumb enough to pay me for that. Oh you want another one? I have nothing painting too. Yeah, it's better than the first. Just to go over double what that one went for. That's bigger.
Speaker 1: So see rock right this the frame is twice as big as you get twice the amount of nothing. Uh rocking and other news. This happened where all interesting things happened happened Iowa, Okay and Iowa man. I wanted to shake off the winter blues. So twice last month, uh cops say danon Airy thirty sit against the rear of his twenty or his twenty twelve Chevrolet and palla with his pants and underwear removed to his anchors and he had no shirt on. He are you sure he lifted his shirt to casually expose his junk and his belly to oncoming traffic. When questioned by police, Airy reportedly confessed to the indecent exposure. According to the complaint, he said quote this behavior was fulfilling or no. This says he said the this behavior was fulfilling and exciting and it was currently missing from his life in his blah existence. So investigators sayd that Ari knew that the behavior was inappropriate. So I guess somebody said that guy's not Yeah, so I've asked got to say that Airy knew this behavior was inappropriate and unacceptable as well as offensive to others who viewed him. So and it says he has a lengthy wrap sheet. So this just sounds like this dude want to go back to jail. Yeah right, Yeah, weird thing. He's just like some people just can't really function outside, so they want.
Speaker 2: To go back.
Speaker 1: That just that's what it sounds like. We ees, they guy's got a rap sheet. Why would you go out and just you know, get naked on the side of the road. And think nothing was going to happen to you. That's just the screams that he wants to go back to jail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's in the shawsh a redemption, right. They couldn't function outside the four walls.
Speaker 1: So was Red. So it was Red Brooks was here with that. We check in with traffic and weather. Another day in Iowa, Just another day in Iowa. You can only look at so many cornfields, brother, before you just have to wave.
Speaker 11: Your junk as those of us who have been in Iowa and lived there and a near but there, Yeah, I can attend to that. It's not a lot to look at. From the Ucratic Center.
Speaker 15: You see.
Speaker 11: Health Epilepsy Center is leading the way toward better days for people with epilepsy with access to clinical trials from leading neurologists. Expect more. You see health dot com. We have the slowdowns on seventy five continuing through the work. We'll Reagan Highway to Norwoo latter it is about just a five minute trip now delays back to Sheppard and the accident on seventy five north by a turfway still being cleaned up from the right hand side right shoulders affected. Two seventy five at Minuela Pike to seventy five is again a couple of vehicles tangled up here. Now we do have the sow downs at the Carrol Cropper Bridge to seventy five west and south with the wark continuing on the bridge westbound delayers back to the Petersburg exit in Kentucky and southbound back to US fifty in Indiana, and expect so downs on seventy five south as a child so the brin Spence by a five minute delay by Rick Shrimp News Radio seven hundred double d wellwed the forecasts.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLW Weather Center for tonight cloud's occasional rain starting late the lower round forty five four to mile looks like rain pretty much all day and the high of sixty It is fifty five now. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: Is it true Tom Brennanman arranges the food on his dinner plate in alphabetical order?
Speaker 3: That is not true, he said true.
Speaker 8: Government scientists have studied Tom Brenneman's brain to better mankind.
Speaker 3: That's not true, but sounds like a pretty good idea, he said.
Speaker 11: True.
Speaker 3: Tom Brenniman is the best way to start your day. You bet it's true.
Speaker 25: I've got the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, investment, news, and always a good time.
Speaker 3: It's my morning gift.
Speaker 8: To you, Tom Brenneman tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming.
Speaker 13: Good to Miami Valley Gaming on December twenty seven for a chance to win a Ford F one thirty must be.
Speaker 1: Twenty one back with Idian Rocky. I'm gonna be talking to Lap coming up after the five o'clock news. So a couple of things to hit the Lap up with. Is that looks like it's fishing now. Joe Burrow is going to play on Thursday night? Is that's what we're reporting it? That's the word?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so good?
Speaker 1: Good idea or no.
Speaker 2: I've been saying this all along, and I'm consistent with it. If he is one hundred percent healthy, right, if he is, and also that and that means no restrictions. I don't think there should be a well, you know, we can't you know, roll him out to the right because that's going to put unneeded stre No. I don't want any of that. It's like, if you're going, then you're going. If it's like, well, we probably shouldn't allow him to do this, this and this, then I don't think he should play. But if he's if he's fine, and if the recovery was if the initial injury wasn't as bad as it maybe we were let on to believe, and the recovered so well and he's one hundred percent ready to go, then yes, if there's any any sort of like we think will be, no, and he should. But it sounds like that is he isn't feeling good and good to go.
Speaker 1: He's he's chomping at the bid, for sure, There's no question about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look you like that, of course. But it's also I will say, because a lot of people have said, well, it's just not a good look in the locker room. What are the other players going to think if they just hold Joe Burrow out even though he probably can't play, It's like, well, you ain't Joe Burrow. There's you know, there was injuries. I had to go out and crawl out on the field with Okay that Peyton Manning would have expected to go out there, right, I'm not Peyton Manning, right, and no one else on that team is Joe Burrow So if the organization says, you know what, we're just gonna be a little more cautious and the arrest of the team don't like it, well that's that's their problem. It's just that's the harsh reality of life. And how I usually happens with greatness is there are different rules, and that's the way it is.
Speaker 1: Well, And I also want to pat my partner on the back here for saying early because I heard just talking about this with Willie. In regard to Hendrickson, you said before the season, yeah, this is where an injury happens every single time. And look at what's happening now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no training camp, no, no this and that and all. He's a workout warrior, won't matter.
Speaker 15: No.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not sure that that's not all of it. I have to believe it's it's some of it. But the fact is he's just thirty one years old, and he's you know, bod he's not able to do it anymore. That was I mean, what an awful way for that thing to go. I really like him, a great player, and I'm sad to see he's kind of falling apart right now. But but I also don't love the fact that you know he's a team captain and you know he's not not traveling to the What was that the game last week the week before?
Speaker 1: Now is he is he not allowed to travel with the team or he just chooses he chose not to.
Speaker 2: They probably give an OPTIONY, do you want to stay back and do rehab or doing all? No, I think you're a captain. I think you should get on that plane and be there on the sideline. That's what I think.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to Lap about it coming up, so Rock. In other news, David, are you afraid of sharks? You've been swimming in the ocean line starkings. Yeah, we went we went to Belize last year and we swam with sharks. Now there was absolutely no danger of anything like any of them biting us. It was like a little nurse sharks and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But I mean, just in general, Ed, I I am. I'm pretty good on land, right. I can still run a little bit, it can move around pretty good. I am a dead duck in the water, literally sink like a stone. So I get a little a little weary about being being in the water because I just know I ain't No, damn.
Speaker 1: Well, here's a woman in Oregon, Colleen Dunns her name. She was walking her dogs on the beach in Manzanita, Oregon. It was early one evening a couple of weeks ago. She came upon a beached shark. Okay, all right, I know this is going so rather than steering clear or calling somebody, she said, I made the quick decision to get him back in the water in the ocean myself, grab him by the tail. A veteran, it says, a veteran viewer viewer of Shark Week. She knew that if she dragged the shark by its tail, it wouldn't be able to bite her. So she, with a lot of efforts, she was able to drag the shark first into the shallow water and then push it into the water deep enough for it to swim away. Now see, I would be of the mind that as soon as the shark is able to swim, he's going to turn around. It's not going to be hey, thanks, he's going to turn around and buy my leg off.
Speaker 2: Why because he's a shark. He's not gonna be There's no moral compass about these things.
Speaker 1: Cheerus, tip of the hat, and off he swims.
Speaker 2: I think if the shark was small enough where I could like pick it up in the tail and kind of like you know, do like a shot put kind of spin and toss it out there, I would do it.
Speaker 1: Other than that, Sorry, Bud, right, I'll pour some of my water on you. And that's when I told you. When I took the I got called over to my elderly neighbor's house back when I lived in Oakley, and there was a rat in her toilet in the basement. So I managed. So I went in there with my I think I told you about this. I went in there with my tongs from my grill, those big long guys, and uh. So I came in there, and sure enough there's the rat just kind of peeking out over the edge of the toilet. And so I managed, and I tied a bucket with me. So I managed to grab him with the tongs and I threw him in the bucket and just spun the spinning the bucket around while I walked out to the back door and threw him out in the woods.
Speaker 2: Wait, sir, you're you're telling me you used centripetal force to get that that rat out of there.
Speaker 1: No, I was to confuse him and to keep him in the bucket because I didn't want him to jump up out of it.
Speaker 2: Did the bucket have a lid on it? No, That's what I'm saying. So you kind of kept swinging around. I didn't do that. I was like, it was, you know, like, okay, all right, yeah, I'm still very smart of you or very stupid one of the others. I choose.
Speaker 1: That's what my wife said. That was pretty stupid. What you like, What did you think I was gonna do?
Speaker 24: Way?
Speaker 1: I didn't know what else to do, But you.
Speaker 3: Got it out.
Speaker 2: I got him out for you.
Speaker 1: Hey, he rode the day.
Speaker 2: Now, where where was this at?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 2: Remmy it was.
Speaker 1: At my my neighbor's house when I lived in Oaklean. Okay, it was before or we're married.
Speaker 2: She better have been impressed and you put the full display on. Of course.
Speaker 1: That's right. That's my man, her man, the rat tamer. I've been call wars with that. We chick it with the news news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 16: Two of the presidents so called enemies. When a major ruling in court, this is the five o'clock report. I'm matt Reee breaking now. A federal judge is dismissing the indictments of former FBI Director James Comy and the New York Attorney General, Letitia James. The judge as the appointment of Lindsay Halligan as US Attorney was invalid. Halligan was assigned the job by President Trump specifically so she could bring charges against Comy and James, two political appointment.
Speaker 27: The President had put an immense amount of pressure on the Attorney General to bring about these prosecutions. He had posted in a social media post that was addressed to Pam referring to Pambondi that she needed to do this. He said at the time, we cannot delay any longer. It's killing our reputation and credibility.
Speaker 16: ABC's Karen Traverse Colby was indicted on charges of giving false information to Congress, and for James, she was charged with mortgage fraud, but the Justice Department could refile the charges in the future. Let's check your drive home this afternoon the latest traffic and weather together from.
Speaker 11: The UC Health Traffic Center. You see Health's Epilepsy Center leading the way toward better days for people with epilepsy with access to clinical trials from leading neurologists. Expect more U seehealth dot com. Accident's being cleaned out upon two seventy five he spawned minial the Pike to seventy five in Kentucky and seventy five north by a turfway. That crash still there as well. River at Evans is an accident with DeLay's back to Lynn Street and thanks for the tip on that. Seventy five southbound ronald Ing And Highway to Norwoodlateral about a five minute drive, So downs back to Sheppard and on southbound seventy five azir Charals to the Brent Spence Worth stopping go now on seventy five northbound Mitchell de Paddock Planet about a ten minute trip here. Seventy one northbound Red Bank torontald Ring and Cross County Highway is also stop and go. My brick shup. Here's radio seven hundred WLLW.
Speaker 4: Now the latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advanced dentistry.
Speaker 5: The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck.
Speaker 2: We're here for you.
Speaker 3: No Fear Dentist dot Com for tonight.
Speaker 25: Mostly cloudy but some rain develops and we'll see an overnight low of forty nine. Now for tomorrow, we'll see some widespread morning rain and spotty showers, a high of sixty degrees at night, a chance of showers, and we dropped to forty eight. From your Severe Weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLW, and right now.
Speaker 16: In Cincinnati, we have fifty one degrees and this news is brought to you by Aedoor and Window Company and Alta Fiber. Cincinnati Police say people are going to see a highly visible increase in police presence in the north Over the Rhine area in response to the two separate shootings at Elm and Findley Streets this month, latest coming over the weekend. Total of seven people shot in both incidents in a state. In this afternoon, CPD saying the increase in police visibility and that part of Over the Rhine is only one of many steps they expect to take to improve safety. Update from Hamilton Police after a train struck a parked U haul truck and South Erie Boulevard near High Street today at closed down six railroad crossings in Hamilton. Train was about two and a half miles long, but now Hamilton Police say the train's been cleared. Checking the wait times at Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport right now on their website, minutes at the TSA pre check at seven and looking at six minutes at the general check in. Busy there and across the country this holiday week. If your flying out, CVG recommend arriving two hours early for domestic three hours. I had a time for international flights. Kenwood Town Center Montgomery Road in seventy one. Working with police and the Ohio Department of Transportation on traffic plans it gets shoppers in and out.
Speaker 26: This coming weekend on Friday, we will be implementing a traffic management plan on I seventy one and Montgomery Road that should ease congested and make traveling less stressful.
Speaker 2: Doug Groover is with the Ohio Department of Transportation.
Speaker 26: Temporary signage and message boards to alert motorists of increased traffic and the use of alternate routes such as State Route one twenty six, Ronald Reagan Highway, and Kenwood Road.
Speaker 16: Mall and police all trying to make it as stress free as possible for shoppers at Kenwood Town Center this Black Friday and into the weekend. Jeff Birding with FC Cincinnati talking about a Thanksgiving tradition for runners in the Western and Southern Race. On Thursday, there's a kids race, the Western and Southern ten k and the Chick fil A five k.
Speaker 22: We have one of the oldest and largest ten k's in the country.
Speaker 20: It's the one hundred and sixteenth running of the Western and Southern Thanksgiving Day Race and brings the community together over eleven thousand runners of walkers.
Speaker 16: Jeff Birding with FC Cincinnati Bill Cunningham show helping him promote the race. The beginning and the end are at TQL Stadium and the finish lines on the field where FC Cincinnati plays.
Speaker 3: WLW Sports.
Speaker 13: Here's a Bengals off Day, part to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco, and Party Town at thirteen locations open on Thanksgiving Day.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 13: Joe Burrow star Thirdnesday night for the Bengals at Baltimore. Head coach Zach Taylor.
Speaker 14: I anticipate him playing, but we'll continue to work through the week. I'm not going to declare that definitively. He looks like he's in good shape right now he'd be ready to go.
Speaker 13: More on Bengals line tonight at six oh five. Here on seven hundred WLW College Basketball Tonight, NJIT will take on Cincinnati Bearcats at six thirty. Here on seven hundred WLW. Eastern Kentucky faces Northern Kentucky at six thirty on the Project Bill Edison seven oundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Sports Wall Street.
Speaker 16: Starting off the Thanksgiving holiday week on the plus side alphabet broad Tom AMD, they all surge in stock price, AI stocks going up, all boosting the market with gains of five percent or more. Stock is closed. Stock market is closed on Thursday for the Thanksgiving Day holiday, closes early one o'clock on Friday and closing bell Today, the Dow was up two hundred and three, sp five hundred was up one hundred and two, and the Nasdaq way up five hundred ninety nine points.
Speaker 2: Five oh eight.
Speaker 16: Next News at five thirty Matt Reeves News Radio seven hundred double DYLW.
Speaker 6: This report is sponsored by One Hour Heating and Airykenditioning. As TEMs begin to drop, it's here. It is Monday, around about this time. We always like to talk to this villa right here. Our good friend Dave Lapham, Lap, How are we doing today?
Speaker 28: Boys?
Speaker 20: How you doing?
Speaker 15: What's the good word today?
Speaker 2: We're good?
Speaker 1: Lap?
Speaker 2: I thought the defense was better, not great, but better. What did you see calling that game?
Speaker 15: Yeah? I thought the defense was was better as well. I mean you you know you'd say, oh, jeez, well, twenty six points by the Patriots. Now defense is only responsible for nineteen of them. You know they had a special team score there. So I think I think the defense is getting better. I think it's improving. I do think they've got miles to rest before Miles will work it before they rest, though. They get a lot of improvement to do. But I do think that they are starting to understand what al Golden and sex expectations are and you know, what what he wants from them in terms of understanding his scheme and applying it to you know, the to the opponent and studying the opponent and understanding tendencies the opponent and all the things you need to get done to win football games.
Speaker 2: I think, in particular, bark Carter played probably his best game. He had sixteen tackles, and he's been kind of under the gun a little bit the last few weeks for not playing very well, and he's certainly had his best game.
Speaker 15: I agree with you, Rock, I mean, he's sixteen tackles is a that's a huge number. I mean, particularly in the National Football League. Man, that's you know, that's a that's a tackling machine type number. You know. I think he is feeling a lot more comfortable. I think he's he's uh, he's playing a lot freer. It seems like, you know, he's got he's got physical talents. Man, the kid's got significant abilities. There's no question about it. He played you know, at Clemson, he played a level of college football. So you know, this kid knows what he's doing. And I think Al Golden believes in him, likes him. He respects Al Golden, and he likes Al Golden. Uh So, I do think the defensive football team, to uh give them, you know, a fair shake, is that they they don't quit. Man. They play hard. You know, they're they're still working at it, they're trying hard. They're still making too any mistakes though, that's the problem. You know, they're gonna get that figured out because those those mistakes. You know, Rock and the National Football League man one one one of the eleventh one one guy of the eleventh of the eleven players makes a mistake, he can end up they're dancing in the end zone and celebrating.
Speaker 1: Well, anybody else stand out for yesterday lap Like we were saying, the defense definitely stepping up. Anybody jump out at you and uh, because it just seemed like they were really hustling yesterday. I don't know that I've tackled tackling better, playing through and stuff like that. Is that what you were saying?
Speaker 21: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 15: And you know, I think I think the effort, uh, you know, was was significant excuse me, significantly improved. I thought I thought they they did. I thought they get after it and and that that side of things, you know, DJ Turner, I thought, you know, played played a really good football game. I mean, the kid, he's a good tackler. He might be the best tackler that they've got on the football field. I mean when he when he gets uh his head in front of people and wraps his arms up, he gets them on the ground. He doesn't miss a whole lot of tackles. And they need they need more like him. They need guys to to uh, you know, to get get people on the ground and and plays not hit him and then allow him to break through the tackle and pick up extra yards yards after contact. Uh they get to get him on the ground right now.
Speaker 3: Uh, Lap.
Speaker 2: It looked like during the game, you know, Joe Flaka, I guess his finger popped out of a socket and popped out a joint. Had to go back. And now I have to imagine all your years playing offensive line lab that has to have happened to you. Can you take us through a story when you had a finger come out of a joint and they had a gum pop that thing back in.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I think I probably had. I know I had four, maybe five, so the probably almost half the fingers, you know, one thumb dislocation too. That one hurt me and that one was not. It was not a pleasant, pleasant dynamic. And yeah, I remember, I guess. I guess the story that would be interesting was against the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Steel Curtain defense. I just located finger in the low red zone against Joe green Man and just kind of popped that thing back in the place. You know, it wasn't you know, didn't want to stay on the ground, you know, waste the time out or any of that. So I just kind of got up and on my way back to probably popped it back in the place. And uh then when then when I got to the sideline, and uh talked to Mark Paulas and train him like, and I got a little problem here, and the thing was still a little crooked, you know, so he straightened it out.
Speaker 2: He finished it.
Speaker 1: A little problem here, a lot of my fingers pointing that way that way.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it was pointing north east and west instead of north and south, you know. And uh and he taped that bad boy up and he got me through the rest of the game.
Speaker 2: So it was it was crazy God love and one of the best people in the world, Anthony Munios. But if you've ever seen him and seen him tall, he's got that one finger lapped that buddy that don't look good. Have you guys ever talked about that.
Speaker 15: He does. Man, it's like, you know, it's like, I'm like, you know, maybe you need to get a little searchery of that. Yeah, because people are thinking exactly that's what he said. He goes, yeah. The doctor said, you know, boy, that'd be a significant, significant situation there, and and uh, I said, man, he goes, yeah, I use it.
Speaker 24: You know.
Speaker 15: During my speeches during talks like if and I'll say, yeah, it's a dangerous game, and I'll hold my hand up in there. Everybody's oh, all the women, all the women are getting the sick going to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: You know, gee, that's funny. Well, speaking of uh, I guess well, moving on from Joe Flacco and look, I did a fantastic job under just unbelievably tough circumstances. But it looks like lap of the word is Joe Burrow is going to start this Thursday night against the Ravens. What are you hearing and what's uh?
Speaker 15: What?
Speaker 2: What do you think the decision comes down to?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm hearing the same thing. Rock. I think I think, uh, Joe Burrow will get the start, you know, against the against the Ravens in Baltimore. And I think it's going to come down to how does Joe Burrow feel about it. I think Joe's going to make the final call, the final decision. I think that I don't think the coaches will overrule if he says, look, I had a good week of practice, moving around and everything. I'm a hundred percent you know, I feel as good as I'm going to feel it's not gonna really get any better. There's no guarantees he's not going to reinjure it. I mean, there's no guarantee anybody goes out there and doesn't get injured, you know, But I do I think he'll go out there and play well against the Baltimore Ravens. I was talking to him in the locker room today and he's like, yeah, I'm not gonna let him off the hook man. He's had great success against the Ravens and they don't want any part of number nine out there man firing bullets around the around the football field. And you know he'll have Jamar Chase, but he you know, he won't to have T Higgins. Unfortunately, T Higgins got wrong, He got dinged and got a concussion, and he has to take care of that and deal with that. So you got to hope at some point in time every weapon will be there, the big three. You know, you'd love to have number nine, number one, and number five. You'd love to have Burrow and Jamar Chase and T Higgins all working together and operating for that offense for the Cincinnati Bengals, for sure.
Speaker 1: So speaking to both of you guys, here talking about tea and the and the concussion. How long is that? Is that just day by day you just take it as it comes or is there a rule of thumb with these things?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean it is day by day. Like you say, they're all different. You know, I had had more than one of those as well during the course of the playing playing cread I know you must have rocked the way you were hitting people and coming downhill as a linebacker. I mean, it's part of the game, I guess. And you know, the Players Association is the Unions tried to help, you know, guys, that's one thing that some guys are dealing with. They get real real bad memory issues and problems with you know, with their brains after suffering significant concussions and multiple concussions.
Speaker 2: So it's no joke.
Speaker 15: It's it's part of the game. But it's a tough part of the game.
Speaker 2: And the Ravens lap kind of an interesting team. They start off with one in five, right, and then they rattled off. They've won the last five, albeit against some you know, kind of some bad teams. The Bears win was pretty good within the Dolphins, Vikings, Browns, and Jets, and they kind of had a really kicking into gear to beat the Jets on yesterday. So what's your thoughts? Is this a is this a good good Ravens team? Average, supreme? What do you think?
Speaker 15: Yeah? I think it's probably fairly average as far as you know Ravens are concerned. Uh, they're six and five, you know, they're they're hanging in there there the division. Nobody is running away with the AFC North, that's the thing. But in that five game winning streak, their offense has woken up. I mean their offense is scoring. Man scored thirty against Chicago, twenty eight against the Dolphins, twenty seven against Minnesota, twenty three against Cleveland, twenty three against the Jets. I mean they're they're scoring points. So the Bengals defense is going to have to, you know, bring it man. It's uh, you're on the road. The crowd is going to be very supportive of what the what the Baltimore Ravens you know, offensive football team is doing. Lamar Jackson is starting to play, you know, good football. He's uh, he's always played good football. All against the Bens. He's played great football. He's as big a two way threat. He's like an old school two way threat because he can fire the ball man. I mean, he can rifle distances down the football field. Ex Accuracy sometimes leaves something to be desired. But but he and he runs, you know, shoot, he probably runs like high four to two s low four threes. I mean he can fly and he's he can pick him up and put him down. Boy, that guy is a problem. And I remember, you know Marvin Lewis who I just caught up with here recently, Hughes. He did the Bengals game against the Patriots for one of the networks. He was doing color on the radio. And he's just a Baltimore Raven team. When you're a defensive coordinator, your biggest nightmare is a quarterback that can hurt you both ways. You know, that can hurt you with that throwing arm, then Kentucket and and run like a running back and hurt you in that regard as well.
Speaker 1: So Lap, before we let you go, we might have seen the last of Joe Flacco this year. And Brock and I were talking about it earlier. Jason Williams in The Inquire Today wrote a nice article in praise of Joe Flacco, and honestly, Buddy could you ask for more from this guy what he's done here, No, I don't.
Speaker 15: Think so any I mean the guy, the guy came in and he, you know, saved the ship, you know. I mean, he's he's played a lot of football, eighteen years in the National Football League, forty years old, and he takes care of himself. You know, he's still in real good physical shape, and he's still got his arm strength, and even with that shoulder issue that he had, he's still firing the football pretty well. Unfortunately, that shoulder problem last week caused him a little bit of accuracy issue there. I mean, he missed some thrills he wouldn't have missed otherwise. But I'll tell you what he's he's done a hell of a job and I think I think he has basically earned himself an opportunity to come back next year. I know they just you know, signed him for the rest of this season. But and I'm not saying a long term contract when you're forty over forty years old, you don't necessarily do that. But I'll tell you that's a one two punch that's pretty damn good. You know, you get Joe cool and uh and uh, you know, Joe Chill and and they Uh that's good one two punch for anybody for sure.
Speaker 1: All right, Lap, what do you got coming up on the show tonight?
Speaker 15: Yeah, we got a bunch of a bunch of uh sound from from the locker room different players. And also we got you know, the two pressures that were covered pretty well, we got all kinds of sound from that as well. And you know that was Joe Flacco and uh and and uh of course head coach Zach Taylor. So yeah, we got plenty of plenty for people to listen to. I think, uh, you know, we the the sound will help us uh put this one to bed, this loss of the Patriots and and hopefully learn something about getting ready for the to go out and try to get a win on the road in the division against the Ravens.
Speaker 1: All right, Lap, have yourself a great Thanksgiving buddy, You.
Speaker 15: Do the same, guys. Happy Thanksgiving. Uh you guys will best appreciate you to visit. I'll be the best buddy.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: With that, we check in with traffic and weather.
Speaker 11: What is going on from the UC Health Traffic Center, UCE Health's Epilepsy Center leading the way toward better days for people with epilepsy with access to clinical trials from leading neurologists, expect more. UCHealth dot com. A couple of big shoes in Kentucky still two seventy five eastpawn MINIALA Pike to seventy five is about a five minute delay because of a crash on their shoulder, and we do have a breakdown on seventy five northbound after two seventy five delays back to right around Burlington Pike about a twenty minute slow down. Seventy five southbound is heavy from Ronald Reagan Highway down to Norwood lateral through the roadwork, and we have a seventy five stop ago as a Charles the Brent Spence in seventy one north Red Bank to Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway stop and go, I'm rich Shrepan. News Radio seven hundred double DYLW.
Speaker 1: The forecast with seven hundred WLW Weather Center for Wood Tonight, clouds, occasional rain starting lake the lower round forty five four to mile looks like rain pretty much all day and the high of sixty it is fifty five.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: It's mundane mayhem when the basketball Bearcats and NJIT Highlanders hit the hardwood. Will you see Proud of Pain successfully or will New Jersey Institute of Technology and JULP back to Jersey with a win? Catch the call live today at six thirty pm on seven hundred WLW or stream seven hundred WLW on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by low T Center fixmilow t dot com.
Speaker 1: Guys, you've heard it all right back with Eddie and Rocky just a little while longer in rock I hadn't heard a whole lot about this story. Maybe I saw it in passing or something, but this is crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was crazy, which is why I wanted to get an update on this. A pretty pretty harrowing situation. Eighteen year old who died on a cruise and here with us from ABC. Sasha peznik adjoins us. Sasha, what is the latest?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 28: Yeah, that's exactly right. What started out is what you would imagine is a dream vacation for a tight knit, flendid family, soon thrust them into complete shock and anguish when one of their own, this beloved teenage girl, was discovered dead on their carnival cruise ship earlier this month, and even more baffling than that the person who her family has come to find out from authorities is suspected in her death. Her teenage step brother, The eighteen year old Anna Kepner's body was discovered concealed under a bed on that cruise ship where she, her grandparents, her dad, his new wife, her children from a previous marriage were all enjoying this Stanley holiday together. And we're just getting in that the death certificate issued today and her death has in fact been ruled a homicide, according to a copy of the death certificate provided to ABC News by Anna's family, and Anna's grandparents are now breaking their silence for the first time in an interview with ABC News, sharing the difficult details of what they know so far about what happened on that ship. Jeffrey and Barbara Kepner say the last time they saw Anna was the night before, when she said her dental braces were hurting her at dinner, but was still determined to join in the fawn, popping in and out to see them. Then the next morning, her grandfather says he heard a medical alert blaring over the ship's loudspeakers and the room it was needed for a boy. It was all too familiar to him. Now, Anna's death certificate says that she was asphyxiated, and Anna's grandma says one possibility they're considering is whether it was caused by this kind of so called like a bar hold, which is an arm kind of across the neck. They were told. The grandparents say that their granddaughter's bodies showed no signs of sexual assault or drugs or alcohol in her system. So we're still awaiting the official topsy and toxicology reports. But here's what's interesting and sort of unusual about this case so far. Often in a suspected homicide like this, you hear who the suspect is, who might be responsible. You hear that from authorities, from the cops. Right in this case, in a court filing in a completely unrelated custody dispute, Anna's stepmother has called her own son, who is a minor, a suspect in Anna's death. That's the stepbrother. Now, his stepbrother has not been arrested or charged with the crime at this point, but and his grandparents tell us that authorities told the family the stepbrother, per security cameras on the ship, was the only one scene going in and out from the room that he had been sharing with Anna. And her grandparents also say Anna and her stepbrother actually were, to their knowledge, pretty close. They called them two peas in a pod, and in fact they wanted to room together on the ship, even though they had the option not to. Barbara Kaepner, or the grandma, said that she actually sat in on some of the step brothers interview with the FBI after the whole ordeal that happened on the ship. He was an emotional mess, told her that he didn't remember what happened after the boat docked. He was half hospitalized for a psychiatric observation and then released to stay with a family member. But that's what we're what we know so far, and the grandparents, you know, want to remember Ann as a mighty young woman with her whole life ahead of her that ally was cut short.
Speaker 2: So, given the fact this was a step brother situation, is there any concerns this was there was something else going on in this relationship between them.
Speaker 28: So that that's an open question, and it's something that authorities are going to be pouring over. They want to talk to everyone, They want to pour over all of these security cameras from the ship understand the whole scope of what might have been going on with the family at this point, though, you know, what the family has heard is that there was no sign of sexual assault or drugs or alcohol. So at this point all we know is that it looks like a homicide and that the cause of death was mechanical asphyxiation. And the grandparents also said.
Speaker 24: That they.
Speaker 28: Heard from authorities that there were indeed bruises on her neck, so no sign of sexual assault. That we don't know much more than that at this point. We're just going to have to wait to find out as authorities quen.
Speaker 1: More crazy stuff. Sasha pass and we appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You Butt, thank you Christ, thank you.
Speaker 1: Rock and other news. Crime of a less serious manner. This happened in Missouri. This was a shoot just the other day. As a matter of fact, the guys was arrested in being charged Cold Birtles is the fellaw's name. Thirty three was arrested for breaking into a Circle K store at two fifteen in the morning and stealing a bag of beef jerky.
Speaker 2: Now, in their defense, beef jerky is good but very expensive.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if I kicked the door in, but he had a good reason Okay, right, okay, besides why kinds of wanting it? A little munchie? Uh this Birdles fella, it's in Saint Charles, Missouri. He kicked in the front glass door of the convenience store, then climbed into the locked business and proceeded to eat a bag of beef jerky and a sweet tea and drink a sweet tea with it. When cops arrived at Circle K, Burdles was detained and asked about the break in. He apparently confessed saying that quote the voices in my head told me to kick it open since it was locked, And he said, I just wanted to use the bathroom voices in his head. Huh yep, he said, blah blah blah blah blah. What was the one line I wanted to say?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, he told police, I know you're going to think I'm crazy, but there's an AI intelligence speaker in my neck. Really, goo goo got got this, fellow, Birtles, check this out. Birtles, whose residence is about forty miles from this store in Missouri, added that he had walked to the Circle K from Illinois.
Speaker 2: He walked forty miles to the Circle K to get some.
Speaker 1: You walk forty miles, you're gonna be hungry, hass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not walking out of there with nothing.
Speaker 1: So yeah, he's been. He was locked up in lieu of twenty five hundred dollars bond. He has also been ordered to have no contact with Circle K and submit to a mental health examination if he does indeed bond out of custody.
Speaker 2: The voices in his head huh yip, your head, voices in your head? Uh sure, a bad trip or anything. Back in the seventies, now.
Speaker 1: Nah, No, there was. There was one time, perhaps I had imbibed substance and I visit my old girlfriend's apartment and I we're listening to music and she's doing some stuff and I'm just laying there, like reading a magazine or something. And it started to get the the bat of me, shall we say, And so I just put the covers over my head and I just lay it on her bed and listened to music. And she asked me if I was okay, and I said, I'm fine. I'm just laying here under the covers.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, she said, okay, carry on, do.
Speaker 22: What you gotta do.
Speaker 1: I was there for an hour or two.
Speaker 2: Pop that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, once you get once you get a grip, you know what I'm saying, That's that's all you need. Now, this is this sounds like something I might have thought about in that instance. There's an underwater cave on the border between Greece and Albania. Scientist said discovered a spider web there that covers one thousand and seventy six square feet along a wall. Wow, a spider web. The web is home to an estimated one hundred and ten thousand spiders of two different species. Now, if you're afraid of spiders, I think that would.
Speaker 2: Go not the place you want to go. See. I am not afraid of spiders, are you? Nah? My wife is.
Speaker 7: I'm not.
Speaker 2: Doesn't bother me at all, forget it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the spiders creep me out on a bit, But you know, I there were the only the only thing about spiders is the surprise angle of a of a spider, you know what I'm saying. There was one. It was in my old house and we had a sliding glass door in our basement and we never used it. I don't even know why I had to put in, but anyway, so I was going to kind of clean to the windows and stuff and moving some debris around down there. And since we hadn't opened that door in a while, obviously there was some webs and stuff on it. And I'm getting I'm carrying something out out that door, and I opened the sliding glass and I start to walk through the door, and I mean I stopped literally about two inches away from a big spider web and a wolf spider about that big I'm holding about three inches in diameter, And that took me back a little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Yeah, but I'm sure you've been going through the woods or something, and just for sure, certain times a year, like if you're on a quad going through the woods, your face is just getting I mean I literally rigged up like a I got a stick that looked like a giant crucifix to be able to knock down the spider webs in front of you, because that's that's no fun when you get them over your face.
Speaker 1: With that, we check in with traffic and weather, what is going on