Speaker 1: By Billy Cunningham, the great American. Of course, this is election today, election afternoon. Yours truly intends on voting about three to four clock. Not much on the ballot, but I will do my constitutional duty to vote, joining you and I alyist and man in charge of elections in the state of Ohio, Frank LaRose, the second cousin of Buddy L. Rosa. Franklrosa, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And as we sit here early on Tuesday afternoon, any problems, any difficulties, how are we looking?
Speaker 2: But it's an important election. Not everybody necessarily is paying attention to that, but these are votes that can have a big impact on your community, quality of life and that kind of thing. And so you should get out and make your voice heard. You're not going to impact any lines or that kind of thing. You'll get a sticker on your way out the door. Here's another thing, Willie. I run into people that say I'm not going to vote in this local election because I don't know enough I don't want to guess, right, Okay, that's not a good excuse. You go to our website vote Ohio dot gov. You can cheat on the test, you can look at exactly what's going to be on your ballot. This is what Lauren and I did last night. We put the kids to bed. I printed off what's called the sample ballot, where we saw exactly what's going to be on our ballot. And we sat there as a couple and we talked about our choices, and now we're ready to go and well informed and we know what we're doing.
Speaker 1: That makes no sense at all, because I often say that if you wake up on Tuesday this morning, and you say, is the election this Tuesday or next Tuesday? Or has the election already taken place? In other words, shall I use the term ill informed? And I know the media says you got to vote, you got No, you don't have to vote if you don't know what you're voting for, if you don't know what the issues are, if you don't know the pros and cons of each issue. Don't waste your time and cancel the ballot of someone who's informed. Do you agree or not?
Speaker 2: I think if you do a little bit of research, you can cast an informed vote. And give you an example, I didn't know which can candidates for city council where the Conservatives who share my values, because I didn't follow that all that closely, but I did a little bit of research. I saw which ones were endorsed by the County Republican Party, which ones had taken stances that align with the things I care about, And now I'm an informed voter. And so you know, I think that with a few minutes of effort, a little bit of googling, a little bit of checking their own website or what the newspaper's candidate guide says, or whatever else, you can be an informed voter. And it's worth doing because these elections come down to a small margin. In many cases, local elections can often come down to just a handful of votes. Heck, we have tie votes every year somewhere in the state that have to be determined by a coin flip. Don't be that person that wakes up on Wednesday morning and realizes that a Bolshevik has just been elected to your school board because you didn't bother to go vote and it was determined by a single vote.
Speaker 1: That's that's critical. I don't care how busy you are. You can go online today's world, you can do it. Twenty years ago, you couldn't do it if you look up twenty years ago and said, who's running? I don't know. How do you find? Well, I don't know. But today the Encyclopedia Britannica, all the information in the world is on my right home. I left it in my hand. And if you don't take it ten minutes to find out who I'm voting for, we get the government we deserve. And that worries me too.
Speaker 2: Man. Well, consider this. It's a kind of a tale of two different years. If you look at the even number years twenty twenty, twenty twenty two, twenty twenty four, it's been absolutely record breaking turnout. So this nonsense where the liberals say, I want to suppress the vote. If that's my objective, I'm really bad at it. We don't want to suppress anything. We've had massive turnouts in those even number years. But then you go one year later to a year like twenty twenty five and it may be single digits or low double digits. That's a shame because it matters who lives in the White House. We all know that. But what probably matters just as much, maybe more, who works at the courthouse or the schoolhouse or city hall. When it comes to your quality of life, the safety of your community. Heck, the schools that our children are being educated in. This year is the year we make those decisions, and you've got to make your voice heard.
Speaker 1: Frank LeRose, you're making sense. I live in a community that's safe and sound with good schools. However, we have a race for the Sycamore Township trustees. We have a school board race inding Hill school boards. There's one or two school issues. I want to pump up as much as I can in Deer Park Community schools for what they've done. And so all politics is local. It may be great if things are good or bad in New York City, but damn it. I live in Sycamore Township. I live in Kenwood, and I want my community where I live to be the best. And the off year elections is when we decide those things. Correct.
Speaker 2: Every single election here, I give you a prediction. I can tell you who's going to win today. In any race, it's the candidate who gets more of their supporters to go out to the polls Barnett. It's always going to be that way. And so whether you live in a city that Leans Republican or Leans Democrat, there's no such thing as a long shot race in a local election, if people just bother to show up.
Speaker 1: What percent, Frank Lerosa, you're in charge of elections about, give me your crystal ball prediction in the state of Ohio overall? What percent of Ohio? When's you going to vote today? If anyone you know.
Speaker 2: Here's why it's really hard to tell, because it's so localized. You may have one community where there's a really hot race for mayor, or people are all hyped up about the school board race or the levy or whatever else, and you may have massive turnout. The next town over it may be a complete sleeper and people aren't really all that engaged. So it's hard to tell. I can tell you what we've seen already for early voting, about four hundred thousand. In fact, the number is three hundred and ninety nine nine and eighteen. That's how many people participated in early voting. We know that right there in Hamilton County we've had a decent turnout through early voting as well. It was the number of early voting ballots count counted nineteen two hundred and twenty nine. That's how many people voted early in Hamilton County. But we also know there's a lot of outstanding absentee ballots. What does that mean about fifty thousand people throughout the state that have requested their absente ballot and haven't returned it yet. And so if you're that guy that has your absentee ballots sitting on your kitchen table or sitting on the dashboard of your car, it's too late to mail it. You can't take it to your voting location at this point. You got to get it down to your county Board of Elections by seven thirty ten, and it's worth it. Take a drive down to your county Board of Elections and submit that ballot so that again you can make sure your voice is heard.
Speaker 1: Frank LeRose your deal with a facts ideal with hyperbole. Let's say there's twelve million people who live in the state of Ohio. It is not approximately correct, approximately approximately. I want to hold you do this. How many adults eighteen and over eleve in the state of Ohio? Is it nine million? Three million kids in school?
Speaker 2: Well near eight point eight point something. Because I know the eligible population of voters in Ohio, we're already at like ninety three ninety four percent of them that are registered to vote, and we have seven point eight million registered voters, so the total number of eligible adults over eighteen who are US citizens has to be in the low eighth.
Speaker 1: So let's say there's eight million people that could vote, and of that number, about seven point five million or register, which is fantastic. And then as far as the turnout, I talk about Hamilton County or the city of Cincinnati, we got major problems. You may know this if down the road you become a senator or a congressman, or a governor or the president, you're gonna have to deal with the city of Cincinnati, which is a complete meltdown. And I'm told by Sherry Polland at the Board of Elections that the turnout this year may be as high as twenty five percent, And so that means that thirteen percent of the registered voters are going to decide the outcome of this election. That means eighty seven percent or not. What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: I think that it's problematic. And again, I think part of this is that if you flip on your TV or you go to your favorite social media account, you're going to see all kinds of chatter about every single damn thing that happens in Washington, DC. We seem to be focused on federal issues. I get why they're impactful, and people lose track of how important local offices are. Local government is. And again look at our beloved Queen City. And again I think you know this. I know and love Cincinnati very well. My dad went to UC. I've spent a lot of time down there. I was just down there knocking on doors for Corey Bowman last weekend because I think he's the right man for the job. Who's finally going to turn this great American city around and let it be what it was always meant to be, and that is a thriving place where families can live and work and raise a family. It's not that right now, but you know, we need more people to actually get out and make their voices heard. There are more Republicans in Hamilton County than almost any other county in the state. The problem is they're outnumbered. If they actually bother to go up and vote today, they could flip the Natty. It's a very real possibility that we could put a Republican in office in the mayor's office in the city of Cincinnati. What a tremendous thing that would be.
Speaker 1: Now, secondly, we have a situation. You were on the reapportionment board. You were one of the seven to carve up the districts. Can you put a period on the sentence goes to Democrats? And the Republicans agreed to carve up the congressional districts. Number one of my correct and number two. What was the goal?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So there was a unanimous and bipartisan vote on this in the Redistricting Commission. And I think that when you have a vote like that, both sides are going to have something they like something they don't like about it. I don't think anybody loves the process or the way that the process plays out, but it was at least a result of consensus building and compromising that kind of thing. Here's the bottom line. My goal was to go in there and make sure that first of all, we complied with the Constitution. We did that. Second of all, that we create districts that relatively mirror the political leanings of the state of Ohio. And again I believe that we did that. And then third, putting on my hat as a Republican, I want to make sure that I'm not putting my party in a disadvantage or candidly want to put my party in an advantageous position on this, and so let's be candid about this. What we ended up with was a map that creates twelve Republican districts and three Democratic districts. Twelve Republican districts and three Democratic districts. The current state in Ohio is ten Republican districts and five Democratic districts. And the challenge that we faced was that if the legislature had drawn different maps, maybe that created thirteen Republican districts instead of twelve, it would have certainly been subject to a referendum. The Ohio Constitution is very clear that the moment the leftist dark money groups gathered two hundred signatures, it would freeze the implementation of the current maps. It would require us to run the twenty twenty sixth election on the old maps back to ten to five, and most likely trigger us having to run in August special election for congressional primaries. All kinds of chaos, all kinds of bad things, something that was to be avoided.
Speaker 1: And I look at Greg Lansman's district that appears to be like a plus six Republican. But I look at some of the recent voting in that district that's very close. Whoever you Republicans pick for that district to run against Greg Lansman going to have to be pretty damn good. He's a good politician, and it's going to be a close race, et cetera. I would add one other thing.
Speaker 2: Man, candidates matter, Party chairs matter. State center is a great woman named Diane Cunningham that's on our state Central Committee. That'll be involved in that conversation, by the way, But finding the right candidate matters, and the party's job is to find the right candidate, and that's something has to happen over the next couple months.
Speaker 1: You know the media complaining about this. Oh I ask you the question, you may know the answer. There's about six New England states, that being, if my geography is correct, you got Maine, you got Vermont, you have New Hampshire, you have Massachusetts, you have Connecticut, you got Rhode Island. And in those states they're a little bit smaller than the state of California population wise, those six states how many. And those six states voted forty percent for Donald Trump. So you would think about forty percent of the congressional districts would be Republican. How many Republican congressmen or congresswomen are there in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. Can you, Franklerosa, can you give me a round number? How many?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The round number is zero. And it's because of Democratic jerryman And by the way, when the Democrats do it, it doesn't get called out. When the Republicans do it, every reporter, every leftist journalist in the state, in the country wants to talk about. Here's the other thing that happens. Willy city council wards get redistricted by Democratic city councils in counties that have a county council form of government, like where I grew up in Summit County, in Cuyahoga County, they redraw the county council districts. They jerrymander the heck out of that to create a situation where it's darn near impossible for a Republican to get elected to city council. No problem to the county council, and nobody ever says a word of it. No problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Illinois seventeen districts, fifteen Democrats, two Republicans, and that's okay with the media, no problem. We go from there. But today's going to be a day become informed, then go vote. Any difficulties at polling places, I know New Jersey. I was on a station this morning, wond and New Jersey and they were having they were having bomb threats called in and which is stupid. Is there any problem with voting in the state of Ohio at this point?
Speaker 2: Nothing systemic. We've had the small things here and there, a power outage or you know that kind of thing, but nothing systemic or widespread. Of course, our operations team is ready to jump on it if there is. And by the way, if you see anything that's not right at your polling location, the first thing you should do is talk to that voting location manager. They are there to do that job and they'll correct it under most scenarios. But we've also got a report line. You can text the word report to three four two six two three four two sixty two. You text report and then we'll be on top of it from the Ohio Secretary State's Office. You can also message us on our website.
Speaker 1: Lastly, give the website of ill informed voters want to become more informed and not be a member of the borg simply a bust to a pole to vote with a whe a blue or a red ballot. Can you tell me again the website that we need to go to to become a little bit more informed?
Speaker 2: Vote Ohio dot gov. That's your place for the right kind of ID. What to bring you know for your ID, what polling location to go to, what's going to be on your ballot? Really anything you need to be an informed voter anywhere in the state of Ohio. Vote Ohio. Go all right?
Speaker 1: Frank learose three four seven tastes so good, you got to get it bad once again. Thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. You can Jerry Manner for political reasons. You cannot Jerry Manner for racial reasons. And the reason many of the Democrats are enraged. I want to use African American people and voters as an excuse to throw out the ballots when they do exactly the same thing. But Jared mannering for political reasons is good according to US Supreme Court, Jared Manning for racial reasons is bad, which did not happen in Ohio jerry mandered so to speak for shall I say political reasons and not racial reasons. Frank LaRose, you're a great American. Thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Thanks Willy, get out and vote.
Speaker 1: God bless America. Thank you, Frank. Let's continue with more the line becomes available five one to three, seven four nine, seven thousand. I'll say once again that if you're what is it about twelve twenty two in the afternoon on Tuesday, if you're ill informed, you won't take ten to go online in order to find out what the issues are. If you have no clue who's running and don't know what they stand for, and you're politically a dumb ass, don't vote because you canceled the ballot of someone who took the time to become informed. The only way a democratic republic works is to have informed voters willing to make changes when things are going the wrong direction. And if you simply are given a ballot slapped in your hand vote for these candidates, then you're stupid and don't vote. And bright people can be stupid about any issue. Hell, I'm stupid about a bunch of stuff. I'm not stupid about politics. Other issues, I'm very stupid. So if you're ill informed and you're a dumbass on politics, don't vote. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred W