Speaker 1: Dang, it is cold outside.
Speaker 2: It is five degrees in the Twin Cities right now, five degrees in beautiful Minneapolis, Saint Paul.
Speaker 3: It is freezey now. I was kind of shocked when I walked outside this morning. I was like, who could think of one big parkin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it does.
Speaker 2: You'll still see guys in Minnesota wear shorts, because guys in Minnesota they still wear shorts. Yeah, did you wear yesterday? I saw people wearing shorts yesterday. I know I am not the shorts guy.
Speaker 3: I just say, I don't feel like you're that person.
Speaker 4: I got on the long John's with the pants with the pajamas overtop, and then three layers of socks.
Speaker 2: Dress warm before you head out today. There's still some little icy spots too, like on the exits and the clover leafs and the loops and all that stuff. Be careful because you might fishtail a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: We were coming back from Colorado yesterday and we were driving across Nebraska and it snowed really bad in Nebraska with big winds, like on early early Sunday morning overnight Saturday, and so it was clear pretty much and we were driving but I've never seen so many semis jackknifed and in the ditch. Probably forty or fifty no exaggerations, semis that were in the ditch, yeah, from the night before, and cars all over the ditch, but mostly semis.
Speaker 3: And it's so scary because it's like, obviously everyone's driving slow, but to control. Think about how hard it is to control your car when it fishtails. Think about trying to control big ass semi.
Speaker 1: How terrifying that would be. I mean, have you ever spun out.
Speaker 2: I've spun out a couple of times, and it is terrifying because you don't know how it's going to end up.
Speaker 3: I think, like, I don't even know, probably like multiple multiple Christmases in a row. Around college time, I would always drive through a snowstorm to get home for the holidays, and I'm at a point in life where I won't do that anymore. And I didn't go home for Thanksgiving. And a lot of it had to do with the fact that I knew it was going to snow Friday and Saturday between Wisconsin and Minnesota, and those were the days I was going to come back here, and so I was like, I don't want to have to drive through.
Speaker 2: That, and so you spent Thanksgiving alone? It was said, was it sad?
Speaker 3: It was really sad. It was sad, But at the same time, I was invited to like two different things I could have gone to, but I didn't really want to invade on other people's family stuff, even though I know I was invited, But at the same time, it was like, I don't really want to, so I spent Thanksgiving just at home by myself.
Speaker 5: You didn't want to have to fake. Oh this food is delicious, I get it. I know what it is.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think I had. I wouldn't be that concerned about pretending food was good or not, because I think I would have trusted where I went that there would be good food. Oh, I am, but well you, I think you probably have higher standards.
Speaker 5: I mean his own food Thanksgiving, right, I'm pretty good, unluchible.
Speaker 1: It's buffalo wolw wings.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 2: Hey, here's a question for you. How is it like today is Monday after Thanksgiving? On Thursday? Is the Thanksgiving leftover still good? I mean, for me, turkey is still good. I threw out the mashed potatoes and gravy because it just never looked good. I threw out the leftover green bean cast role. We were in Colorado. We had leftovers and will be off home the turkey and a cooler because there's a little bit of turkey left, so it's turkey.
Speaker 1: Is still good to eat a few days later.
Speaker 3: I would say yes, but I eat leftover as far past the point.
Speaker 5: Jenny, you're just as bad as Bailey. Bailey came in here with me.
Speaker 3: I would say she's a tad worse than me, but I'm pretty bad.
Speaker 5: Bailey's so bad.
Speaker 4: Bailey will have the leftover mac and cheese that we have here in the break room fridge. I think somebody left it from Christmas, so she had it and we came back after Christmas.
Speaker 2: Break Yeah, I found this. I found this just now. Okay, here's some you can eat refrigerated. Thanks can be left over for three to four days after Thanksgiving. You can store them and there's like two to six months and it's fine. But let's see, so Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, today is the last day to really eat anything. I think that's fair and I would kind of go with that one too. Yeah, if you got anything that like left in the fridge. Then today is the last day to eat it.
Speaker 3: So you guys made a whole meal, like a ton of food.
Speaker 1: That's actually, there's so much food.
Speaker 5: It's my favorite picture of my weekend in five picks.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, we just we don't have, you know, family out here, so we just try to compensate for the family we wish was here. We had an entire spread of baked mac and cheese, rice, chicken, wing's, corn bread, potato, salad stuffing. I think that's cranberry sauce, Benila, which is like a roast pork. And then there leches, which is like a delicious Spanish cake.
Speaker 3: And which one of you doesn't eat leftovers, doesn't Alessa not eat leftovers?
Speaker 5: This I was like, we made too much food for you to not eat the leftover.
Speaker 4: But yeah, someon for me if you'd like Melyssa definitely, just on a regular day. If she'll make a whole thing of spaghetti, she'll eat it tonight and then tomorrow be like, yeah, I'm over it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So, David, what's your favorite picture for the weekend?
Speaker 2: My favorite picture for the weekend. We didn't take a lot of pictures. I don't really know why.
Speaker 1: But we just didn't.
Speaker 2: I would say probably not even my favorite. But I think the cat was the cat that I ran into at the truck stop down in Albert Lee. There was a cat that was at the truck stop, a stray cat, and and he was friendly, but he wouldn't let you really approach him. He was, you know, whatever, And so I thought, this poor cat, it's five degresies outside by the truck stop. So I got some food some My cat, Roger was with us, so I got some his food out of the car, and I made him a little spread with some dry food and some canned food. And there's a little cat eating. And I don't know if that's in it's probably on Instagram. I'm not really sure.
Speaker 3: You posted on your Instagram stories.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, go check that out. So what about you, Jenny, My.
Speaker 3: Favorite is probably just a group of us tailgated slash backyard partied at Tina's house for the Gopher Badger game. And we had a ton of fun. It was outside, had a fire going, had chili, her husband cooked brats and so that was super fun.
Speaker 2: So that picture, when you say Tina's husband, that still freaks me out.
Speaker 1: She's officially married.
Speaker 3: Wow, inficially married. We haven't had her wedding yet because people get confused by that. But she she got married at a courthouse, but her actual wedding's.
Speaker 2: Not until January. Okay, gotch wow, Tina's Mary. That blows me away? All right? We will be back in a second. On Katie WB. Christmas Wish starts today. The Vikings, by the way, they lost yesterday. It was the land. It was a land lost because it was their first shutout since two thousand and seven. Terrible and I think was it yeah, just like it was fifteen just terrible, So we'll be bad. We had more coming up in a second. The Dave Ryan Show on KTWB one on one point three KDWB is Cyber Monday kind of going away. Today would be Cyber Monday, and a lot of people are still promoting Cyber Monday. But here's the problem. It's not really a thing because most people did cyber on Black Friday.
Speaker 3: Right, because they've had the deals running like since last week.
Speaker 2: Right, And I think a lot of people are like, well, why do I want to run down to you know, Cole's or Best Buy for their Black Friday and fight the crowds and the cold and the driving when I can sit there in my underpants on the couch and shop on on my phone. So a lot of people did not are not going to do Cyber Monday, where it used to be a really big deal. Did you do any Black Friday shop?
Speaker 4: Did?
Speaker 3: Actually? I went out because Target opened at six am. I believe I went out at like six thirty. It was like a ghost town. I asked the cashier, was it really yeah, because I knew that every Target had like one hundred gift bags of sorts or something that you got at the door for the first hundred customers. So I was like, Weriga is busy this morning? She goes no, like not at all. So I was like, oh man, I probably could have gotten a gift bag had I been like ten minutes earlier I went there. I went to Dix that's attached to Ridgdale, and the mall wasn't open yet. But Dix wasn't busy either. But I had heard from other people that the malls were crazy.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was.
Speaker 4: We went to May and it was it was like a lot of things going on. I Okayfan had an event and Jojo Siwah for some reason was there.
Speaker 1: I saw the clip of her yet, so.
Speaker 5: I know it was like busting because of that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, i'd never been to Malle of America Black Friday, and it was it was very packed.
Speaker 1: I would have managine because the mall is like a destination, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You don't get like nobody goes to Coles and it's like, hey, we're going to Coals.
Speaker 1: Everybody, Oh yeah, Coals, that's cool.
Speaker 2: But you say we're going to the mall, it's like, oh, we can go eat, we can go ride, we can walk around, we can go play mini golf.
Speaker 5: There were definitely people on the rides in the queue two.
Speaker 4: I was very not surprised, but I was just like, of course people aren't shopping.
Speaker 5: There on the little log flume ride.
Speaker 2: That's surprising that that that, Like Dix wasn't even crowded, because every time I go to Dick's over at my Ridgedale, is it Dix, It's Dicks, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think it's like House of Sport or something, but it's still the same.
Speaker 2: It's cool. That's a destination. They get a fish tank in there. I got a shooting gallery and that it's crazy.
Speaker 3: It's a cool spot. But yeah, no, it wasn't crazy for the places I went. But I was done shopping by like nine am, so maybe later in the day when people I didn't.
Speaker 5: Go that early.
Speaker 4: When we went, I don't think we got to the mall until about three, so like midday, and it was like busting.
Speaker 5: I don't know if Santo was there either, I don't think if I if I didn't see him, I don't know if I walked like I did walk by busy this time of year.
Speaker 2: He's making a list and twice. All right, it's kdubub. We got our first Christmas wish coming up a little bit later on this morning, and the sing along song of the day coming up here. It's kt WB doing the sing along song coming up in just a minute. On a very chilly Monday morning, it is five outside. In case I haven't been outside, I noticed it this morning. Put Bernie outside, and Bernie is very shy. He won't when he's inside the house. He doesn't really like to go outside. So I have to stand there at the door and I kind of have to like get him, like come on, Bernie, come on. And today it was like bitch, let's go. It's cold.
Speaker 1: Up, I'm standing here, let's go.
Speaker 2: So I gently got in by the collar and had to urge him outside a little bit.
Speaker 5: Come on, at least he doesn't get distracted.
Speaker 1: Ava.
Speaker 4: This is our puppy. She never experienced snow before this year, which is nine months. So instead of going pooper piece, she's just eating the snow, bouncing around and because her Paul's get too cold.
Speaker 2: It's fascinating. First, really is this? This is so cool? Give us a sing along song of the day. Text it into KDWB one. That's five three nine two one are It's been our short code for a long time. Send us a single long song idea and we'll play that when we come right back.
Speaker 3: Targeted Instagram ads love to see him come in.
Speaker 1: Dave Bryan on one oh one point three kat w b ooh.
Speaker 2: I do love me on Instagram a year is it's like, oh that I need there's one. Do you ever do anything where you kind of like an ad that pops up on Instagram but you haven't decided to buy it, so you like it, or you click on the learn more so it shows up again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm more of a TikTok shop person than an Instagram ad person. But yes, I make sure that I like clicked it once so that I know that I'm gonna keep getting it fed to me throughout my algorithm.
Speaker 2: Because you're not sure you want to buy it, but you want to be reminded in case you want to buy it later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my bad habit as screenshotting it so then it just keeps popping up in my gallery in my phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha? All right? We had Bridget on the phone bridge it high Bridge? Good morning. What are you up to this morning? Bridge?
Speaker 2: I just got to work.
Speaker 1: Okay. How are the roads? How was it cold out? It's were really good? Okay good?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you know, I will tell you shout out to the road Cruise because man, they cleared the freeways. It took a while, but they did a great job. Bridget, what song do you want to hear this morning? For the sing along song of the day?
Speaker 1: Can we hear Angel by Shaggy Tea?
Speaker 2: We can hear Angel by Shaggy? And I love this because it's a great song. But also Shaggy was in the Mazy's Thanksgiving Day parade.
Speaker 5: He was so random made me think of it.
Speaker 2: And that's funny. And so what's even funnier is Jenny was so pathetic. She watched the parade not once but twice when.
Speaker 5: It reaired at noon or whatever.
Speaker 7: But I did.
Speaker 3: I watched it at the beginning and then a caf are and I was like, might as well keep it on.
Speaker 2: Jenny was alone and sad on Thanksgiving. Hey, here's your song, bridget have a great day.
Speaker 4: Okay, thanks there it is your sing along song of the day on k d w B.
Speaker 1: Did you watch Shaggy twice?
Speaker 3: On I just watch him twice. He did a little mash up of all of us hit songs, and then I don't know, is someone who texted in?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 3: Ravon was like the one who was on songs with him?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, and Ravon was with him.
Speaker 3: So that's who was with him. But yeah, he did good. I mean I got to meet him one time and interview him at the Yeah, I got interview him at the Safe Air one time. And he's a pretty cool guy.
Speaker 2: So that's funny thing about Shagy. So he talks like this, it's like, hey, you're Shaggy, But when you meet him in person, he's like, hey, Jenny, how are you? He talks just like we do, so Raon. I was really happy that Ravon was at the parade because he had to ask for time off over at waffle house, so.
Speaker 3: They gave it to him because I'm probably a season right now.
Speaker 2: It is busy over at the waffle house. Yeah, so it's Katie w b Are we doing the dance party?
Speaker 3: We're doing We're gonna. Oh, I don't even know what we're doing.
Speaker 1: It's all right, it is. It's a Monday. We got a case of the Mondays Monday after a break two.
Speaker 3: I was thinking we were doing what's it called Dave Sturt here, but we're not.
Speaker 2: We will do Dave Dirt because there's a celebrity that she had a brain scan and the doctor said, there's part of your brain that is not functioning fully. Now I don't think that that means they have dementia, but it is one of the biggest celebrities that that's out there. And the doctor said, your brain is not fully functioning. So and they said I can relate. They were like, no, that's not true, can't be Like, what is it the doctor? I guess, So let's stir the pot futs, what's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Candy canes are actually delicious, and I'm tired of the slander.
Speaker 1: M hmm. There are so many people that are you said gross?
Speaker 3: Yeah what?
Speaker 4: I now look objectively because you guys know, I like shamrock shakes, which are also minty. Right, yeah, so I am a mint guy. Maybe I just like my breath smelling better than yours.
Speaker 5: That's just me.
Speaker 4: But when I was maybe twelve thirteen, I would keep a box of actual candy canes next to my bed and just munch on them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, I think you lose your taste for it when you get because I think when you're a kid, any candy is limited by your mom and dad. So any candy, Oh that's good, Mom gave me a candy cane. When you're an adult, you can have as many damn candy canes as you want. And then you start to go, h they're okay, they get sharp, they poke in the tongue, they end up biting them. Anyway, you suck it on the candy cane to get sharp on the end, you poke yourself in the tongue.
Speaker 5: Not if you suck on it, right.
Speaker 2: Oh right, anything, I'm just saying I can't say anything, just say I would agree, though, no, I disagree. Candy canes are we decorate the tree with candy canes at the end of Christmas we go, Does anybody want these?
Speaker 1: Nope? Throw them in the waste the food.
Speaker 4: Ava and Evelyn they don't like to eat the candy canes off the tree.
Speaker 1: They will because they're kids. Yeah, you know, eat anything. Yeah, they'll lead anything that's candy. Yeah, Jenny, what do you like?
Speaker 3: I do, But I like a minty chocolate like an Andes.
Speaker 5: Or like a good like that. What about the peppermint York patties?
Speaker 3: Yes, love those, all of them.
Speaker 1: But those are pretty good.
Speaker 3: Peppermint, like just peppermint on its own is pretty antemy. So candy canes are. Yeah, it's like only if I'm so agree there's nothing else around. Yeah, I'll eat it, but that's.
Speaker 5: Not what I want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, exactly. I would say.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like when you go buy the hostess stand at a restaurant on your way out and they have the red and white discs, the peppermint disks. I never take one. No, I don't want one because it's corross. It's like a breasting. Yeah, probably does. But you know what, nobody's close enough to me smell my breath anyway, you'd be surprised. Okay, what do you think candy canes? Yes or no. Let's do a very special Christmas dance party. It is an extended Christmas dance party. So move around your car, get your kids to dance with you while they're getting ready for school. It is the Christmas Dance Party on KTWB. Shout out Cindy. Jenny's mom just text and said, I'd love that remix. Might be the only one I love that d party. We love you, it is Katie w B. Let's get right into Dave's dirt. We got a lot, we got a full show today. We are back from a vacation. Hope you had a good holiday. Stay warm, dress warm, Drive carefully. It is five degrees in the Twin Cities right now. Let's get into Dave's dirt. We had a lot to talk about. Let's go.
Speaker 3: You don't make social media for gossip, rumors and half truths. You've got Dave's dirt on Katie w B.
Speaker 2: So apparently Kim Kardashian goes in for a brain scan and had an MRI, and they say that she went to a doctor for her brain scan. Not really sure why, but he told Kim while reviewing the results, quote the front part of your brain is less active than it should be. As proof of her low brain activity, she allowed the consultation to be televised. She responded the result that just can't be. It just can't be. Not accepting, I don't know what that means, but I'm wondering why she got a brain scan in the first place. Well, does she have some sort of an issue?
Speaker 3: There was something going on and I can't remember what it was because I don't pay enough attention to them. Yeah, yeah, and what's going on with her? I remember because we did cover it. So I did watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day prade twice and I was lucky enough to hear the funniest thing that happened. So Al Roker is doing something with the rock heads, and then he brings in this little girl to the interview and he gives her something, and as he gives her this, she her response was pretty hilarious. Here's a clip is Elliot, Hi Elliot, today's your birthday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, happy birthday? And how old sheavi?
Speaker 5: Are you excited to see.
Speaker 1: The rock Cats? Well, guess what, Elliott, We've got a very.
Speaker 5: Special something for you.
Speaker 1: You've got a golden ticket.
Speaker 5: You get to see the Radio City Musical rock Cats.
Speaker 1: Are you excited? I did that yesterday?
Speaker 3: You did it?
Speaker 1: Yes, you get to see him again? Yeah, yay, Happy birthday. I saw that.
Speaker 3: I feel like I thought of you, David that moment, just because, like everyone while, someone might call into the morning show and like throw you off a little bit and you're like you're able to like go with it, and Al Roker definitely went with it.
Speaker 5: He's like, well, so funny.
Speaker 4: Also on Thanksgiving Day was the bunch of football games the Cowboys played and post Malone did the halftime show there. People want him to do the actual Super Bowl halftime show. His part of his performance, number five, you think it's.
Speaker 6: Your so sing have to roll this in ninety saying so he ain't I got you make this kind of mess out by myself?
Speaker 3: Don't I like you?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: Mell you see being every.
Speaker 6: Week you couldn't tell say said train.
Speaker 1: Wait. So post Malone did a Morgan Wallen song.
Speaker 5: Well that's both of their songs. Yeah, they both do you ever know that I didn't know that post He's on that song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had no idea, and.
Speaker 5: I honestly wrong. I don't think I'm mad at a Post Malone halftime show. I would be I'm you mad at it?
Speaker 3: Yes, because I think halftime you have to have a certain ability to.
Speaker 5: Perform a certain Jena sick one.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't really personally think that Post Malone has that Post is more of a like he looks like he stoned on stage and like his and he vibes and stuffah and so like I like that about him. You don't have that a halftime show you want the crowd to be like hype.
Speaker 1: I think that's kind of true.
Speaker 4: I think he has enough range with songs to be able to cover one as opposed to people were talking about Adele. Adele's just gonna have everybody crying during the halftime show.
Speaker 1: Now, I gotta play this for you.
Speaker 2: I'm watching the Thanksgiving Day parade and they're doing the like a Capitol One John Travolta a commercial and they he does a song from Grease Grease Lightning, but he leaves out a part that to me was so conspicuous. Listen to how they changed the lyrics and I'll show you if you don't hear it.
Speaker 7: Oh, honestly, could be prostomatic, tinsmatic, one percent cash back omatic.
Speaker 5: It's grease lightning.
Speaker 1: Then you burn in up the quotum that the left jobs.
Speaker 2: Now he says, you are supreme. The next line is something like that the chicks something. You know what I'm saying. But they took that part out. Here's the next line, and I'm like, wait a second, he just cut the verse. They cut that line and went right to the next line. And then they do it again. That job here it comes you want. I mean, they couldn't have left that line in there. But to me, as a big fan of the musical Grease, he was very conspicuous. All Right, we're coming back in a second. First, Christmas Wish of the Day is kind of the Year is coming up in about an hour or so. We're gonna play a name that tune and I think we've got Disney on ice tickets, don't we have it for a week all coming up