Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadae.
Speaker 2: Gus terrible person, He's the worst, and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pie.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the petros in Money Show. Wherever you get your.
Speaker 1: Podcasts now Here's Petros Papadae Gus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: Here comes Tarzan.
Speaker 2: You're Latino.
Speaker 4: Here comes Tarzan.
Speaker 2: You're Latino.
Speaker 4: Here comes Tarzan.
Speaker 2: You're Latino. Stupid.
Speaker 3: You're telling me there's not one who can stroke a twenty million dollars check right now.
Speaker 2: You're in La Femo.
Speaker 3: Virtue will cut your head off. Vice will only cut your hair.
Speaker 2: Ohgny spect you some money. You're home of the back to back two your back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Here a name five seventy LA Sports. Remember anywhere in the world you can listen to pms through the iHeartRadio app. Anywhere in the Greater LA area you can listen to Dodger Baseball and that goes with Cactus League Spring Training ball. Play the Mariners today. They are taking on the Diamondbacks right here on Wednesday, a first pitch at twelve ten pm. If you're driving around town, listen to it on the AM BAN five seventy. But if you're not near a radio, the iHeartRadio app works as long as you are in the Greater La Carrea.
Speaker 3: We will in our final hour talk to John Savage, the coach of the number one college baseball team in the country with the number one prospect, Rock Chilowski. Our old friend John Savage, but joining us right now a man that knows John Savage and wishes that he went to UCLA in many ways, although he's done a lot with that north Ridge degree, more than Geeter. It's a great David Vese live from spring training, the home of the Dodge Talk is.
Speaker 2: With an inside look at the Dodgers. This is the Vass Report with David Vase.
Speaker 3: He's got Freddie Freeman and Miggey Rojas on Dodger Talk tonight. He's got everything you could ever want with the most coveted baseball team in the world, the best of the best, the Dodgers, and he's the best reporter. Spectrum Sports Net MLB Network. And here on AMPI seventy Dodger Talk at seven, it's David Vasse on your Southern California Toyota Dealers celebrity hotline.
Speaker 5: How's it going, Dave, It's going great? Games are underway today. The Dodgers played their third game. They had the home opener today and the most eventful part of these three games so far has been the return of Alex Vesia, who pitched in his first game albeit spring training Cactus League, since last year's NLCS, and he got a standing ovation from the fans here at camel Back Ranch that were in attendance, and after he came off the mound, he got a standing ovation from his own dugout after a scoreless inning, had a chance to catch up with Vessia after he came out of the game, and he came up to me in the clubhouse and he said, you already talk some baseball. I said, let's do it. And he talked about just the emotions and the emotions specifically in that dugout when he came off the mound.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I mean, honestly, like I came in a dugout, I was just hyped. I got three outs, you know, and then everybody was just telling me good job and whatnot.
Speaker 2: You know, it was a little overwhelming. And then talked with Mark and Connor and yeah, I'm just trying to take it all in.
Speaker 5: He did a good job. He did not get emotional when he was speaking to us today. It was mostly about baseball and just how baseball has been so therapeutic. And he told me that he's not going to really talk about obviously the tragedy that took place during the World Series, but he says he's encouraged his teammates and he hasn't shied away from his teammates asking him questions about what he's gone through. But publicly he's still not ready to do all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally understandable. I'm sure he's excited to talk baseball with you, Dave, with everybody around there and get back to work. It's what he is. He's a professional baseball player. It's what he does does day in and day out. Other professional baseball players. Dave that got on the mound today Landon Nack, Kyle Hurt, couple names, you know, Kyle Hurt, someone we hadn't really heard from in a while. Why don't we start there kind of how how do you see his spring training going, his immediate future? And I think NAC is some of me kind of to keep forgetting about and we sort of forget about how valuable he's been for this team the last couple seasons.
Speaker 5: Yeah, whenever they've needed a spot start, or when he's had an opener and they bring him in to piggyback that opener, he's done it willingly. It was kind of a down year for him last year. Whenever he did get those two opportunities far and few between, he didn't really perform well. So I feel like he this spring is an opportunity for him to re establish himself. He no longer has those birthing hips anymore, petros, He's lost a lot of weight, so he's put in the work during the off season. But look, it's a challenge for him and for Bobby Miller. They're kind of in the same spot that Tony Gonslin and Dustin May were in. They were the guys, the next wave of guys, but other pitchers like Emmitt Shean and Gavin Stone and now River Ryan seemingly are lapping those guys, so they've got to re establish themselves.
Speaker 3: Dave, after you made international news with what you talked to Oltani about, do you think he'll pitch in the WBC? After what he told you out of his face?
Speaker 5: He has not said no, So he has left door open purposely. Even when I asked him over the weekend, threw that scenario out at him, he did not shut me down and say no, I'm not pitching. He has left the door open, which has brought a lot of intrigue to whether or not if it is a similar scenario as it was four years ago, Japan three outs away from winning the World Baseball Classic, him facing the best of the best team USA had. Can you I can envision an Tawi versus Judge type of face off if it came down to that. So if you're asking my opinion, Petros, because he hasn't ruled it out, I would say yes, I definitely could see him pitching the last inning of the World Baseball Classic if it was a close game.
Speaker 2: You know him better than anyone, Dave. I think we'd all agree that, Yes, I don't think there's any question he would want that ball, he would want to pitch. But kind of where is he? You know that, I know Dave Roberts was talking about you just kind of got to get these guys to that point where you're comfortable that they're stretched and they're built up and they're okay, you know, throwing with that sort of intensity and velocity. Is Is it pretty much consensus that Otani is there? I know I've read some national articles that you know, he should be one of the favorites for the cy Young this year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the odds are really good forty to one for show Heo Tani to win the National League cy Young Award. I would say that that's a pretty good bet if you were going to do something like that. But where he's at is a better spot than he was at at the end of last season, because he told in interviews in Japanese, he said that he never felt like he had his true command of his fastball, and that's why we would see him rear back and throw one hundred and one miles an hour at times, because he didn't feel like he had the command to spot his fastball. So I asked him yesterday as well whether or not the command is where it wants to be, and he said he was much happier with his command, but it still needs some work and he has left camp. He is joining Team Japan now, but the plan is for him to throw live vps and also have a couple of bullpen sessions while he's from the team.
Speaker 3: You have Freddy Freeman on and Miggy tonight, one of those guys Freddy and Mookie and Munsey and so on gonna start playing, Dave.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So yesterday in Peoria, Miguel Rojas played, Will Smith played, Freddie Freeman is going to play tomorrow, and Max Munsey told me he's planning on playing his first game on Thursday.
Speaker 4: Moos bets.
Speaker 5: It seems like they're staggering these guys going to play on Wednesday, and there's no injury issue. It's just the workload management. Six weeks this year of spring training, and the way Freddie Freeman and Max Munsey have explained it to me is the front office, Dave Roberts themselves have mapped out a plan to get basically fifty at bats and that's not all going to come in the first three games, So they've mapped it out where these guys get somewhere between. I mean, Munsey and Freddy had precise numbers for me, So I'm just going to say somewhere between forty five and fifty five innings or forty five and fifty five played appearances for them in the Cactus League.
Speaker 2: Forgive my ignorance, Dave if there has been an update, and I haven't seen it, but he is an old pal of yours, and he was invited to play in the WBC. Is he just kind of sharpening his knives and getting his chops ready to call baseball from the studio or is Clayton Kershaw really going to do this WBC thing and do you expect to see him out there.
Speaker 5: No, he's really doing it. The way it's going to play out, the way it's been explained to me is if there's a blowout game. Because Mark de Rosa and Andy Pettitt, who's the pitching coach, they have strict restrictions on how many innings they could use these guys when they can use them. So that's why a guy like Kershaw fit perfectly because he's not with the team anymore. There are no team restrictions. So in the first round or in another round, if it's a blowout or they need to eat up some innings, that's where he comes into play. They laid out that scenario for him and he was good with it. So there's even a chance that you may not even see him pitch, only if necessary. So that's the way it is, and we'll see, as he called his body the last couple of years, whether or not that carcass can be trotted out there.
Speaker 3: Oh Dave, did you speaking to trot and the carcass around? Did you make it back to the car store this weekend or no DNA cards?
Speaker 5: I did not make it out to Rip Night, but I saw all the viral instagrams. Mike Trout did show up at the same place he showed up last year in Scottsdale, smell Villa, Jack Dryer, Will kleinb All came to that one in Peoria. But I kept it simple, Petros. I had to pick up, you know, long term groceries at Target, and they had an aisle full of tops baseball cards, so I picked a few. You had your own rip Night, Hey, I got a secret hideaway in the Glendale. Oh, Jack Dryers right there. He just he's a big card Oh man, I've given away my secret. Where to find the cards? He knows, he knows now the target in Glendale, Arizona. Oh no, he's always lingering when somebody's talking baseball cards. He always wants to know. He's always trying to get that edge.
Speaker 2: So think about this. What's the name of the card shop again, Dave DNA.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tryer knows.
Speaker 2: Dave Say is a bigger celebrity and welcomed at DNA Cards in Arizona than Tim Kates is in his own hometown, where he shops frequently at his Burbank card shop, hundreds of miles away. Dave Assay welcomed with open arms, and yet Tim Kates continues to promote his local shop. It's terrible that almost slams the door in his face every time he tries to walk in.
Speaker 3: Broddie Jams is supposed to be there and he canceled.
Speaker 5: Hey, I've walked over to Jack Dryer and the Dodger parking lot. This is usually off limits. You don't have cost players in the parking lot. But Jack Dryer was lingering to hear my baseball card secrets. So have you pulled any valuable twenty twenty six baseball cards one on ones.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we pulled a James Wood one of one out of a diamond pristine diamond Premier. Yeah, had ten diamonds on it and auto.
Speaker 4: It was a nice card.
Speaker 5: So when you say we did you give that away or is it in the dryer family?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, So I opened it for the Players Collective through the PA. So we opened it, but then they're gonna box the back up graded at PSA and then auction it off.
Speaker 5: So I unfortunately didn't get to keep it. Oh, there we go. So now you found my secret at Target in Glendale.
Speaker 2: You know I've.
Speaker 6: Actually bought cards before there, so I agree about that pole.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: Dyer, great guy. He's a big part of the Dodger bullpen last year. He's going to be a big part of it this year. He's still got a number, a jersey number like eighty six. He's ah, he's well more respected than eighty six. Are you changing your jersey number this year?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: I found out I'm I'm the only Dodger to ever wear at number eighty six, and so that's pretty special to me.
Speaker 2: I thing I'll keep it.
Speaker 5: Beautiful, beautiful. All right, Jack Dryer is my guy.
Speaker 3: There, he goes, wow, how about that.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of fantastic there's a lot of guys collecting cards now, so I'll get cars. Yeah, I can't do better than Jack Dryers, So well, let's just leave it there.
Speaker 3: No, you're working hard, Dave. We appreciate the hard work for our show, and we can't wait for Freddy and MIGGI tonight on Dodger Talk at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: You're then talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: There goes Day from camel Back Ranch, where there's always somebody popping up, especially if they're gonna talk baseball cars.
Speaker 2: Gotta have a private rip party.
Speaker 3: Nobody cares more about baseball cards than Dave and the Dodger's bullpen.
Speaker 2: He's got like those little starting lineup figures surrounding a table. Oh hey, petro Garu, let's get a look to see what we were.
Speaker 3: The three priorities of the Dodger bullpen, one supporting each other, two energy drinks, three ripping packs.
Speaker 2: You know, Dave, I've been collicking cars for a while. Okay, up at a target too. Okay, I know about that honey hole. Yeah, got your little honey hole there, brother, ye pull ten diamonds. They're gonna get it great. That's sort it did.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back with the Top Story of the Day featuring the Voice of the Bolts live from Columbus.
Speaker 1: Next, this is Petro Send Money to Man.
Speaker 3: It's on all the way till seven o'clock tonight and Tomorrow night and Wednesday night three to six on Thursday and greetings everybody, welcome back. It's Petro Send Money on AM five seventy LA Sporting on Friday night. Yes, a lot of great sports talk, mouiambre, a lot of men for you to digest, and that is scheduled talking schel and you can enjoy it all on the iHeartRadio app, streaming live or podcast later. Don't miss a moment of the Petros and Money Show on AM five seventy Sports. And right now as we head towards seven o'clock, at some point it is time for the top Story of the day, Top.
Speaker 2: Story of it. Well, this is going to get somewhere recognizable for those that are regular listeners to the Petros Money Show. We play the hits, we give you what we think.
Speaker 3: You got your crossbow pointed to Derek Carr's nuts right now, not yet, but he retires.
Speaker 2: Oh and it's coming.
Speaker 3: Well, I heard that's what he's That's what he's trepidacious about. He's kind of like, you know, I'd love to take twenty million dollars from somebody or whatever and play quarterback one more year for a great franchise like the Steelers or something and be set up for absolute and total.
Speaker 2: Dominance, legacy shifting pe.
Speaker 3: But there's a guy in LA who works for the Chargers that does not like me, makes fun of my accent, makes fun of the fact that I threw it away once on fourth down twice.
Speaker 2: Twice. Okay, if it's not about Derek Carr. Pat Riley is eighty.
Speaker 3: He makes fun of Bakersfield and says it sucks.
Speaker 2: I love Bakersfield. It's incredible. Pistachios forever. Pat Riley is adp Yes he is. He has seen it all he has got. He looks a great He's a great. Look at eighty two, he sure is.
Speaker 3: He looks better than most all except for Magic and Worthy and Byron. Maybe I mean he looks. He looks better than most all of his ex players.
Speaker 2: Looks great. He's got nothing he needs to sell like someone else we're going to talk about here. His legacy is intact. It is ridiculous. Intact. He is one of the greatest coaches. He is one of the greatest gms. He is one of the greatest team presidents to have ever been part of the NBA. There is nothing that he is doing or could do well. I guess there are some things that could tarnish it from a personal standpoint, but in terms of the business, which I do not anticipate, but there is no denying that you can pick whatever flavor you want and sell him as one of the greatest of all time. Many forget that he was actually a player for nearly a decade with the San Diego Rockets. Because of winning time, we know that he was a laker. In the seventy five season, he averaged eleven points in twenty two minutes per game. But of course it was the coaching. The coaching in a dominant era. As dominant an era, you'll know single franchise.
Speaker 3: You'll know when you're getting the fist. But no, you're right, Matt. Once he became a coach, there was the sky was the limit.
Speaker 2: He needed to get fisted by chick first to understand.
Speaker 3: Oh, you'll know sooner or later. After a while, you won't even have to look over here. You'll know when you're getting to fit.
Speaker 2: A dominant force. Were the Showtime Lakers, arguably in thea's toughest decade the eighties. Coaching a team with that much talent, with those dominant personalities multiple players, you could make the case were the greatest of all time at best and at worst the greatest of all time at their position. Kareem Magic not to mention our dear friend James Worthy keeping a number one overall pick, who is in the conversation as a league MVP year in and year out, and yet he is third in the pecking order of a dominant team that is on one of the most ridiculous pre expansion runs in the history of the league. In eight seasons, pat Riley went to the finals seven times in eight years, only missed the playoffs once in those eight years, and won four titles, seven trips to the finals, four titles, won sixty three games. After his final year when he was chasing the three peat in nineteen ninety and then later out of here. Of course, what he's done.
Speaker 3: Why do I believe Matt was It almost like he got pushed out by the guys that were up there celebrating.
Speaker 2: You know, you never know, you never would know what it waits, what things are in front of you, but things are behind. But before we get to what was exactly in front of him, p the other basketball mech on the East Coast what he did in Miami, considering it was essentially an expansion franchise that had maybe a modicum of small success before he showed up the piece together a team led by Tim Hardaway and Alonzo Morning that was way better than the talent suggested it should be. Was just a small sliver of what he accomplished during his time in New York. And while it never ended with a championship, that he had teams with Greg Anthony and Charlie Ward and Charles Smith and Anthony May in John Stark's granted, Patrick Ewing's one of the all time great centers, but the supporting cast that they surrounded Ewing with had no business making it to the conference finals every single year and giving the Bulls everything they could handle in each of those series. It was a true coaching masterclass in competition. While dealing with inferior talent, fifty six wins per season with those Nicks rosters. Of course, made the finals the year Jordan cut out bs call on Pippin with Hubert Davis, but that's a sidebar. But went to the finals, lost it on some boneheaded play by John Starks. And as we said, of course, taken over in Miami was no walk in the park. Yeah, he's got hard Away, pulls him over, pulls down Alonso Morning. But he's surrounding those guys again with players like Bimbo Coles, White Guy, Rex Chapman, Quinn Haydon. But again they averaged fifty wins per season. Took him nine years to get to that final in which they won with Shaquille. Tell me how my ass taste with Dwayne Wade, who was the MVP of those NBA Finals. By the way, think about that Wade Finals MVP, the first ever title for Miami. No, no Lebron saved Dwayne Wade. What's the matter with you? First ever? Don't say that, don't blaspheing first ever NBA champions.
Speaker 3: That's trees against King Matt first ever. P You're gonna get nailed by the King.
Speaker 2: He's gonna try, King's gonna try to nail me here.
Speaker 3: The reason that they made that beautiful statue with Dwayne Wade is because he had so much success at at Miami. Man, it's a hell of a statue, and we don't need to get LeBatard on to tell us ith. Dwayne Wade averaged thirty five to eight and four in the finals in his second season, gets the hardware before Lebron, before Mellow. He's the guy, and four years later turns it over to Lebron twenty ten and Riley said it in his press conference.
Speaker 2: He didn't do it from the podium. Why because he's all class man the statue, unveiling, the podium speech, all class stuck with the Lakers, stuck with personal themes, you know, being around high level athletes, incredible competitors. What it taught him? What he thought he was able to teach them classy, classy statue speech, great and a good looking statue better than you may kidding. But that press conference, that's a different deal now, because you're gonna be asked questions and you're gonna answer questions. And of course it was inevitable. I think we all saw the tunnel walk from Lebron as he engaged, gave pat Riley a hug, gave his wife a hug, so he made his way out to the floor, but pat did not mince words when asked about Lebron said, well, we went to the finals, we won two championships, and let's see, here's here it is. I'm gonna be selfish and say I wish I had had him for another six or eight years. Would have been great. We'll never know. Four trips to the finals in a row, two World Championships. It was an incredible run. And as a coach and somebody who really thought about how to build that particular team and had built it, I saw something that could have lasted eight to ten years. That is pat Riley. But I mean that would have been too much. Dwayne Wade have been too much. Pat pat Riley built that team. It's the genius of pat Riley convincing these players to take a lesser role, to shed some salary in order to get the right role players around them. To get Chris Bosch, a perennial All Star, Dwayne Wade, a former Finals MVP, to take a back seat to Lebron, who had not won a championship until he paired with Dwayne Wade and Lebron When asked about Riley's comments, got a little testy, got a little salty, a little kurt, a little short.
Speaker 3: A little salty, like the Canadian hockey team, like, yeah, everybody saw what happened out there. The better team is that.
Speaker 2: I saw you get handed a stuffed animal with your silver metal You losers. Yeah, he Holzer quote. I never said I'm gonna go there four years and decide to go somewhere else. It's just how the car played, just how the what what, just how the cards were played.
Speaker 3: Oh for real.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's human nature to look back and say what could have been? That's part of life. I thought the four years we had were great. Obviously, Uh why relitig because in case you forgot it was what we're currently saying that was not necessarily macro compared to the micro of chasing a triple double up twenty with two minutes left in a game against one of the worst teams in the league. But it is certainly shopping in the same aisle. It's I've been to the finals four consecutive.
Speaker 3: Trying to get it. If it wasn't for this mother ever.
Speaker 1: A r.
Speaker 2: I. I've been to the Finals for four years. I've won two titles. I was the Finals MVP in both. I've been All NBA First Team and basically acknowledged as the best player in basketball each of these four years. But I don't like these people saying that I needed to do it with Dwayne Wade, and I needed Wade, and maybe Wade is better, and maybe Wade is sacrificing too much. I don't like hearing that, because this should have been enough to put me firmly in the conversation with Michael Jordan, and it's not. So I got to go back to Cleveland because I've got to try to win the city of Cleveland their first ever professional team title in over half a century.
Speaker 3: Somebody write a heartfelt Leonardisports Illustrated. Dammit, I can't do it. Can you help you? My school can read.
Speaker 2: I'm going to open up a sweet store in a mall in Akron. I'm going to come back to Cleveland. And when I win in Cleveland, never mind the circumstances of being down three to one and suspensions here and nut punches there. That's neither here nor there. Never mind the Kyrie. He has turned into one of the most clutch performers and all of the NBA and maybe the best one on one player going. No, I Lebron James won a title for the city of Cleveland, Everybody, and that is not something I could have possibly done in Miami despite had, like pat Riley said, sticking around for another their six years. I would say it's fair to suggest that they would have won at least two more titles. Maybe he would have matched his his NBA championships, if not, probably surpassed them. Considering the genius of pat Riley and how he's been able to draft, no matter what his draft position is, quality players, finding guys like Duncan Robinson, undrafted guys that become the best three point shooters in the league. Having a great coach and Eric Spolstra continuity. Nah, what fun is that? Nobody's gonna give me credit for that win in five titles with Dwayne Wade and Chris bosh heck, and know, I've got to go to Cleveland and I've got to win a title for that city and then they'll put me in the conversation with short.
Speaker 3: But after that, he went on a podcast to tell everybody that there that right there that made.
Speaker 2: Me the goat exactly right, Yes, just in case you missed it. We were down three to one to a team that had won the prior to titles, and I had the iconic play the block, the full court rundown block that saved the contest, and I brought the title to Cleveland. So now I'm the goat. Wait a minute, I'm not What do I do now? I again, I'll go to the Lakers and ruin that franchise for the next eight years, forcing to make a bunch of trades. Have the media wax not it wouldn't be waxing poetic. It would be waxing ball wasshik for me about all the things they're not doing to help me out while I chase this triple double at forty one years old in a meaningless game up twenty after taking the night before off for load management with two minutes left.
Speaker 3: I mean, why would you want to come back to la a town that's been you know, openly racist to you seeing it in the media, right, you know, back when he was playing against the Warriors.
Speaker 2: That's right, it's exactly right not to mention what they did to his place there.
Speaker 3: You know, that racially motivated hate toward really rich black people in Beverly Hills. That happens all the time.
Speaker 2: I don't forget about what happened to his house in Brentwood, know, or wherever the hell that was. Yeah, that's the Holmby Hills, Holmby Hills. I saw it. No I didn't. That's right. They said they washed it off before I could get there. I thought I saw it.
Speaker 3: You think Riley's been holding in this aggression.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do, and I do like that it was just a subtle jab. It wasn't Oh yeah, he burned us guys. Never, he's never satiated. He's always chasing it. As Lebron said himself.
Speaker 3: His thirst is never quenched.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's it's it's it's it's inevitable. And if they play a team with with just a lick of defense like the Celtics had over the weekend and humiliated.
Speaker 3: Them, doesn't Lebron like feel like a kid that the Lakers want out of their house so they can make it into an office or like a m Yes, like they're just and it's like this holding pattern of months. You know, it's like dude, I can't wait. You know you have like the paint and the tarp yea like set outside the door, like for women leaves.
Speaker 2: You've got a job, You're making money. Now, don't you want to go live with your pals? You know, get a get a three bedroom apartment downtown and I hang out with the guys instead of here with mom and dad. What do you think? Go on on your own?
Speaker 3: I told you this is my last year here.
Speaker 2: That's a great, great call. So thank you pat Riley for being classy. Well just giving us the most subtle of digs at lebron before finding your way out of town.
Speaker 3: Well you look at at least against the Celtics.
Speaker 2: Listen. I got a lot of respect for Jalen Brown, except for that s he said about Bronnie. What the truth?
Speaker 3: Hey, Jalen Brown knows what it's like to be discriminated against in the West Side as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, he does.
Speaker 3: Broke up his special party they did. That's a guy who paints his head. We'll be back with more Petro send money. It's a big I'm a Horse Monday, and we hope you're having a great Monday. Thank you everybody, and keep listening.
Speaker 2: Southern California's most listened to sports talk show. This is Petro Send Money on demand, Petro Some Money Am five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Clippers back in action on Thursday. Remember PMS on demand available at the iHeartRadio app. Petro Some Money Show podcast you can subscribe and of course always stream the show live for free anywhere in the world.
Speaker 3: Matt, as you know, we had the lunar New Year recently, and it is the year of the fire horse, as the year of the snake shed its skin.
Speaker 2: While you were on tour, did you look up your your year? I know, the wife looked up ours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i'd been. I looked. It might be the horse or a rhinoceros or some kind of platypus, don't I don't remember. Somebody did look up my year, but I don't remember. But right now it is the flaming, galloping horse of the this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot better than the water rocks. I can tell you that.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think, you know, maybe that's why you like water so much. Maybe it's a parallel of course too. I'm a horse Monday, and I am a horse. And also you know they have lion dancers when they have the Lunar New Year. Yes, featured on the floor at Moroango Casino Resort and Spa this month, bringing what luck and a rip roaring good time. But in Thailand, the lion dancers took on a new role, Matt. And before you start talking about lady boys and I know that's where your mind.
Speaker 2: Go, it's not. I'm just thinking of the neck movement of those lion dancers, you know, get back and forth, tilty, going going.
Speaker 3: I want to say that we saw a lion dancer dancing around on the casino floor at the Bicycle, but that could have been my imagination.
Speaker 2: I was concentrating on the individual that was asleep on the couch.
Speaker 3: Marshall dances, I like, I love that place for.
Speaker 2: Christian his girlfriend dusting him.
Speaker 3: Oh, Wendy with an H and a D and three.
Speaker 2: I yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, the lion dancers, Matt, are everywhere in the Asian world during this time of year and in all the casinos in the area. Cops and Bangkok tracked a burglar while dressed as a giant red and gold lion during the Lunar New Year celebration, an officer in a giant apron mache lionhead leapt out at the suspect from under the head and pinned him in front of a temple. The temple Non Thaboua. The guy they caught and the reason they had to go full lion dance regalia was such a prolific burglar in Thailand that he had taken at least two million bot worth of stuff, how muny and bought how much is two million bot baht? Matt?
Speaker 2: How much is two million bought bahd?
Speaker 3: Not as much as you'd think, but certainly nothing to sneeze at forty seven.
Speaker 2: G's okay, that's pretty freaking healthy.
Speaker 3: And this burglar broke in. He was so hard to catch. He broke into the police commander home in Bangkok three times this month and they couldn't get him. Guys on a GTA last stand bender but the lion costume cop but the lion head on got him. So when you're at Marongo, if you're a shady character and that lion gets up close to you and you're counting cards out of the shoe or whatever, or if you're cursing out somebody at Wallburger's are acting disorderly and drunk on the floor. Don't be shocked. If a Marongo cop, tribal cop or Cabazon PD whatever they have, hops out from from behind the lion head and makes a move could happen.
Speaker 2: That would be something if if you know, when we go out to Marongo and we love our partnership with Marongo, we love our you know, you're hanging out on the uh on the stage we get to perform. There's video poker and a and a bartender in front of us there to say, listen, guys, you want to stick around after the show, make you a little lion dancer. Now, I think I'd be up for it. Yeah, see seeing if I could get my like Merton Hanks on, you know.
Speaker 3: Run it up the flag, polsy who salutes it, get your head rocking back and forth. I understand, Matt.
Speaker 7: Would this fly like in an amusement park, say you went to like Knots and all of a sudden the cowboys like, no, you're really under arrest, partner, all of.
Speaker 3: A sudden, some confusion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I might get socked in the face.
Speaker 3: If the Princess Jasmin at Disneyland put a knee in the small of your back and was like, some people might be into.
Speaker 2: That, dude, it's the perfect croun. How'd you get busted?
Speaker 3: The princess Jasmin man jumped off a flying carpet and took it to me, breaking Jafar and that note just pecked me down. So a crazy move out there in Thailand that you might see on the casino floor at Marango Casino. If you're counting cards out of the shoe.
Speaker 2: That's a good heads up to our criminals. Two pee. You know, just because that lion dancer is dancing around doesn't mean he's just giving out or she's giving out a bunch of free chicks.
Speaker 3: Right, somebody might pop out the bottom and get your ass, slap you around, just like that burglar in Bangkok. All right, we got another hour of great oriental stock still to come. It is an oriental city, Matt, filled with people who are Asian, okay, and oriental stuff like carpets and lamps music. That's right, brothels, that's what's in the brothels, Matt. They got chicks too. She's hard to tell. We'll be back. We know what we are. Petrison Money Show. I'm a horse Monday, another hour coming up neck