Speaker 1: All right, back with Eddie and Rocky and Rocky we're heating up all over the world in this great country of Iran.
Speaker 2: Yes, and obviously a lot going on here in America, you know, ice protests and all that sort of nonsense, But from a global standpoint, there is a potential revolution going on in Iran, and even today Iranians are on the streets, you know, fighting back against the you know, the Islamic state that's that controls the country right now, and there's the potential for that government to get ever thrown And it's kind of a mint a minute thing here, but certainly big news.
Speaker 1: He is an associate professor of polyscience political science at U.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 1: He's been with us many times, but it's been a while, doctor Brenda Green. Welcome back to the program.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: So, doctor Green, what exactly are we looking at there? The last body and this is sad to say, this is the last body count I saw, and it was earlier in the day. It was over twenty five hundred protesters were been basically murdered by the regime over there.
Speaker 4: That's right. I think that we don't have firm body counts because it's just really hard to get information out of Iran right now, but I've seen estimates ranging from twenty five hundred to thirty five hundred, so we're talking in the thousands, and those could be at least a little bit low.
Speaker 2: So Iran was i almost to say, a free state until nineteen seventy nine, but that's when you know, the Islamics they took over, right, So they've been under that rule for a long time. What has sparked this revolution? Why now? Why is this the time when the Iranian people are saying enough is enough?
Speaker 4: Well, there have been a series of protests in Iran dating back to the late nineties for a bunch of different reasons, but in recent times it's been the dramatic economic collapse within Iran, and so these protests picked off in December because the value of the Iranian currency against the dollar plummeted, while at the same time they had an inflation that made our recent inflation, you know, look like a piper. So everybody in Iran is getting squeezed very hard economically, and so that's what set it off. But there's been long running dissatisfaction with the regime and Iranian society, and so the movement has kind of transformed from an economic protest into a broader kind of anti regime movement.
Speaker 1: Well, and we're talking to doctor Brendan Green from uc And, and Brendan, weren't they at some stage of the game. It seems to me, maybe I'm thinking of a Rack or another country, but it seems to me Iran for a little bit there kind of became westernized and you know, women could actually, you know, be in public and wear skirts and all that stuff. But am I wrong? There was that Iraq or was that Iran? I don't know, but I just remember one of those one of those Muslim countries became that way and all of a sudden they're cracking down.
Speaker 4: Well, the broader trend is that Muslim societies in general have become a lot more conservative over the past four to five decades. And so you referenced the earlier ruler of Iran, who was the Shah, who was the kind of king right and he was very secular, and Iran was very secular at the time. Ever since the revolution took over, there have been kind of a series of conservative versus I don't want to call them liberal, but let's just say a little bit more moderate rulers that alternate under the mulahs, and the more moderate rulers tend to have less strictness towards some of Islamic law in forcing it on people. But when the more conservative rulers get in charge, they tend to crack down. And so, you know, I think in the early two thousands, right, there was a time when it was probably less strict, and maybe in the early twenty ten, but you know, since then it's been quite strict. Indeed, and there was a whole round of protests over there in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: So when you're talking about an uprising by the people, that's always a hard thing because in this case, the Iranian government they have the money, they have the better equipment, they have the money to buy the bombs and all the bullets and all that. What sort of chances does do the Iranian people who are rebelling, What kind of chances do they have without America jumping in full force, without Israel jumping in for full force, and maybe other countries.
Speaker 4: I think in the short term, very little chances. You know, the Iranian regime does not have a problem shooting protesters, and I expect you going to continue shooting protesters until the protests stop. I think that if either Iran or the United States intervened, they might cause some damage to things that the regime values. But unless they're willing to invade with ground forces, they can't stop the regime from shooting protesters. And I don't think either state is willing to do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you do not think that Israel is going to jump in with ground forces here.
Speaker 4: Not with ground forces. They might assassinate some people, they might bomb military targets or stuff that they're worried about, but no one. Everyone, I think has learned the lesson of Iraq and Afghanistan, which is trying to dominate one of these Middle Eastern countries far away in a place you don't understand and don't know how to rule, is just a really tough ticket, and no one wants to do it anymore.
Speaker 1: We're talking to doctor Brendan Green from UC and DON. One of the things I saw is that iranaz is saying that if the United States would indeed to intervene in here and probably and obviously not boots on the ground, but you know, selective bombing here and there, that they might bomb American bases in other countries. Do you think that's a possibility or is that just going to bring hell fire on them?
Speaker 4: Well? I think that if the United States or Israel attacks Iran from the air, that Iran will certainly respond against American and Israeli targets in the region. Earlier today, there was a report that the United States has already started to pool troops out of alu Daide Air Base and Guitar, which is one of our major air bases there, potentially in preparation for a strike if the President decides to order it. So if you go back to the Twelve Day War six months ago, right, you saw lots of this, which is that the Israelis hit Iran, the US hit Iran, and Iran hit back. So if the United States or Israel decides to go down this route, I definitely expect American targets in the region to get hit.
Speaker 2: I saw State TV they broadcast a picture of Trump at the Butler rally after he was shot uh and put the words quote this time it won't miss, which is I mean, that's an assassination threat to the president. How does America respond to that?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I think that there was an assassination plot by the raniums that was uncovered during the election, you know, And so I accept that there will be consequences for Iran to this kind of behavior. I just don't know that they're going to be at the level of the kind of thing that could change the regime, right, but but it certainly won't be costless if Iran keeps doing this kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: What sort of state is I state?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 2: Where where as I ran right now with you know, was it June of last year?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: The United States bomb three nuclear facilities? Is that crippled them a little bit a lot? Where are we at?
Speaker 4: It's very hard to tell. But what I can say for sure is that no information has leaked out about the Iranian program re starting, so it at least appears that things have been frozen since that attack. But it's really just hard to say for sure. You know, it could be that the intelligence community is just keeping very tight whatever information they have, But for now, most most reports seem to indicate that not much is going on.
Speaker 1: Doctor Brennan Green from you see one last question for me, rubbing your crystal ball, What do you see happening here in the next I don't know, six eight, nine months, do we bomb them into submission and stop the slaughter of these dissidents or does that go on?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: I think that the Iranian regime will keep shooting until the protesters stopped, probably, But the bigger chance for changes the Iyatola is old. There will be a leadership transition at some point. The Iranian economy is posed, and that's for a lot of reasons. But one of the big reasons is that their foreign policy is bankrupt UH. And so if they agreed to permanently disable their nuclear program with monitoring, if they agreed to restrict their ballistic mythiles and their you know, giving mythyls to proxies, then the sanctions might get removed on the regime and things might improve for the Iranian people. So I think that's the optimistic scenario, you know, in the next near to medium perm is that when ultimately the person at the very top of the regime changes, there's at least an opportunity for some kind of change that that would benefit the Iranian people. But bottom line, it's very hard to change a regime like this UH. And that means that they tend to stick around.
Speaker 2: Well, well, yeah, and if you know, they get rid of the iotolary steps sound someone right exactly the same is gonna gonna come in.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: They're not all of a sudden to say, you know what, protesters, Yeah, we get it, We're fine, we're going to change. It's a Islamic terrorist state, and they're going to put someone in charge that is of the same.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, the whole has to be for a situation like the Soviet Union, which was run by a series of brutal dictators until Gorbachev got in charge. And Gorbachev was no beautiful democrat, but he had a lot of ideas about changing the Soviet Union, and his coming the power eventually led to the fall of that regime. I don't think that's terribly likely though, just like you say, I expect most of the people who might end up in charge of Iran are going to have pretty similar views to the people who are there now, and so it's not a very happy situation looking forward.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: With that, Doctor Brendan Green, we will let you go. Always a pleasure, sir, Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: The pleasure is mine, gentlemen, Doc.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Eddie and Rocky. All right, here we go on this day in history, January fourteenth, nineteen fifty four. And I believe they seg broke in during Willie's show when this news broke in nineteen fifty four, Marilyn Monroe marries Joe Dumagio. Ah, yeah, and what a wonderful I think it was two hundred and seventy two hundred and seventy four days it was. It's all lasted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, he was apparently really nutty. Well, and you marry Look, if you're going to marry a nutty chick, you gotta you know you're marrying a nutty chick, right, But she was beautiful. She was beautiful, and apparently she was a very smart woman. I don't know if you ever read that. I've read that He's quite smart. Yeah, kind of dunk herself down, but right for her for her role. But yeah, very smart. But Demaggio was apparently really jealous. Oh look, dude, you you're getting jealous.
Speaker 2: Tighed you can't marry the like literally.
Speaker 1: The woman that every guy the one face of the planet is, that's her. Yeah, and you married her and then you get jealous. Guess what's gonna happen? I never understood, especially if you're Joe. Imagine you like, who's she going to leave you for? Like you're the most famous baseball player, movie star. Good looks like where is she gonna go? And if she does, go on to the next one man Like I never understood that. But yeah, I guess she was a little nutty and I think a little bit you know pill problem which had that going on. But see the thing is, yeah, he's like he could have gone OJ on her if she left him. Think about that. Yeah, I mean it's okay. Whoever was popular back then. I don't know who the big guy, big actor was, who was the handsome guy in the fifties? Hell out carry Grant? Carry carry Grant. So she leaves Joe DiMaggio for carry Grant. I would say Demaggio kind of had that jealousy thing. He might have gone all OJ.
Speaker 2: That could have been so yeah. So they married this day January fourteen, nineteen fifty four, barely got past the honeymoon phase. Monroe and Demasia were divorced October nineteen fifty four, again just two hundred and seventy four days after they were married. In her filing, Monroe accused her husband of quote mental cruelty. She then married the playwright Arthur Miller in nineteen fifty six. That marriage also ended and divorced in nineteen sixty one, left Monroe in a state of emotional fragility. In February nineteen sixty one, she was admitted to a psychiatric clinic. It was Joe DiMaggio who shook cured her release and took her to the Yankees Florida Spring training camp for rest and relaxation. Rumors swirled about their remarriage. They maintained a quote good friends status when the thirty six year old monroad and I'm sure you've heard this, when she died of a drug overdose quote unquote nineteen sixty two, Demagio arranged the funeral, and for the next two decades until his death in nineteen ninety nine, he sent roses several times a week to her grave in La Yep, he was a smitten kitten. Well, hey, look man, it's Marilyn Monroe. Marilyn Monroe. It'd be like, you know, like today, like you know, like Debbie Levado, right, like you just like the number.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think I think Mary he's hot again. By the way, Demie Levirus. She goes through various phases of like looking like I think about it all the time, whatever, like almost lesbian, to like a supermodel, like back and forth.
Speaker 1: She's in her hot phase again. Nice to check it out. I had two for what I think of the great beauties. I think of Marilyn Monroe, Sophie Iran, Jamie Mansfield, Jane Mansfield, Bridgie Aboudou, Yes, Claudia card right, yeah, there, through the through the ages, I don't know who. Then you get on through the in the seventies, Quel Welch, Roquel Welch, and then you get into the seventies and eighties with Susande Summers and Sarah fast Ara Faucet, and then I think, who's after that? Then I go, I know, Demi Levado, give me a freaking break.
Speaker 3: Now you did?
Speaker 2: You did skip over gw Anderson and when Sephon.
Speaker 1: When Stefani Sorry, I was just trying to get to the to that part.
Speaker 2: No, okay, So in a way you can understand she She is the uh that you know, the nineteen fifties version of Sydney Sweeney, who dim Lovado? No Monroe Monroe? Oh you know what?
Speaker 1: No, Marilynd Morroa. I've been I'm reassessing my Sydney Sweeney thing she's got. I mean, obviously the body is wof you think her face is mid mid, totally mid. I mean I was looking at her the other day and which I've always thought her face was, and I think she's embrace it because I saw her a picture of her. She looks like a girl you went to high school with, but and you would find that buried treasure. Yeah you know, you know what I'm saying, because nobody else would pay attention to her because of her face, and she would be like, no, wearing makeup and all that, but then she would get all made up and then that body would come out to play and you'd be like, yes, suns other things would come out to plays.
Speaker 2: What I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Look it's not mid, but she's not like just actually gorgeous down gorgeous. No, absolutely, not like hands down. I always thought, like Kieran Knight here nightly, she was just like just Natalie Sunny, beautiful, Natalie beautiful.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have a.
Speaker 2: Son shut it down.
Speaker 1: Uh, but yeah, women like that. But see that was I I've told you the story. My girlfriend in college. She was always just kind of one of the guys and all my buddies, you know, she hung out with us and always wearing jeans and a big flannel shirt blah blah blah. And then one day she came to my buddies pool party with a bikini on, and my and all my boys were going.
Speaker 2: What, yeah, I see.
Speaker 1: I was like, guys, I keep telling you. That's what I told the guys. I was like, They're like, dude, she she's built like a guy, she's cute, but come on, man, like I know that, I know the truth.
Speaker 2: I know it's really going on under that all those sweaters.
Speaker 1: And that's what I'm saying. And she showed up mkie.
Speaker 2: And these guys are like, sun what yeah, I got secretly high fived all around the pool.
Speaker 1: So rock I. What do you like more than anything in the universe?
Speaker 3: Women? Oh no?
Speaker 2: Sorry? A world record?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Boom, you hit it. Second, guess I have the ten oddest Guinness World Records that were set in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Oh nice?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: How did this? How did I skip over this? I scoured the net all day long for stories I missed this one.
Speaker 1: We talked about this before. The woman that broke the record for the fastest hundred meters barefoot on lego bricks never heard from New Zealand. She ran across six hundred and sixty pounds of lego bricks spread across one hundred meters in a record setting time of twenty four point seventy five seconds. Now, I want to know who did it first and.
Speaker 2: Who decided that was shocking, shockingly fast.
Speaker 1: Fastest time to clear a game of hungry, hungry hippos with a team of two.
Speaker 2: Well, what is it?
Speaker 1: They did it in eight point nine one seconds. This it's a father's yeah, father son team And then skip over cover of.
Speaker 2: These Oh and this guy. I love this.
Speaker 1: I saw the picture of this dude, sweetest guy. Martin Struby Uh broke the record for the most matches held in his nose.
Speaker 2: What is it? I'm gonna I'm gonna cringe.
Speaker 1: Mister Throby was able to hold eighty one stick matches in his nostrils at the same time, being the previous record of sixty eight. So is that like forty per nostril or pretty much? Looking up you'll see the dude, he's got these things shoved up to his brain. Fastest ten meters pushing a skateboard by a pig. Why, thanks for asking. It was in Grove, Buffalo Grove, Illinois. He went a distance of thirty three feet and just under twelve about eleven and a half seconds. Fastest one hundred meters running on all fours. This happened. It doesn't say where it was, but did one hundred meters in four point fourteen point five to five seconds. Most golf teas in the hair? Funny you should ask lady golf seas where golf teas in your hair?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Like like time, what up in your hair?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: How many?
Speaker 1: Inserting a seven hundred eleven teas in her hair out in Carlsbad, California.
Speaker 2: Jeez? Sis, see what is the I wonder if and these are Guinness records, like official Guinness records, I don't feel like they have to have some criteria to stop these stupid Like it's hard to define it, but you know when one is stupid in when it's actually real, you know, I mean actually impressive.
Speaker 1: Most of these are are stupid. I respect him, but do you think that's a stupid?
Speaker 2: How about?
Speaker 1: I don't even know where he's from. It doesn't say UH set the record for balancing spoons on his body at eighty five.
Speaker 2: I can see that there's some talent. That's the third time he said it in the matchstick knows guy. That's a second type. He set the record. Uh, and so in other words, he broke it, or he said it someone else broke and said, I'll be damn I backed. Let's go back to the training.
Speaker 1: And finally, farthest eyeball pop male category, A guy in UH. He's from originally from Uruguay living in Italy, said he discovered his unusual talent for relaxing his muscles around his eyes when he was eight or nine and it's been his signature party trick ever since. He performed the trick for his doctor, who confirmed the man's eyes can pop point seven four inches out of their sockets, enough to earn him the world record in Guinness. So about three quarters of an inch. That guy can push his eyeball out of his head. No, dude, I've seen people do that and it's it's freaky not.
Speaker 2: Bed Now, I've not seen anybody do that. I wouldn't want to either.
Speaker 1: Now I've Cidney Sweeney walked in here with you know, barely anything on. Oh guy, she has eyes. You see my eyeballs pop right out of my head. They rolled around on the four with that. We check him with traffic and weather Rick.
Speaker 2: What's up? All right? Back with Eddie and Rocky Rob We got a guess, yes and big news I was yesterday the day before. Mike Tomlin is quote stepping down unquote after nineteen seasons, never a losing season in Pittsburgh. What's his next move? What's the next move of the Steelers? And I want to bring on a guy we've we've talked. It's been a little while but since we've talked to him, but Adam Crowley does a great job at ninety three to seven the fan in Pittsburgh. Adam, how are you, brother?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm great, Rocky, it's good to talk to you guys again. Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely so. So what I guess was the what was the reaction in Pittsburgh when that news broke that Mike Tomlin had been is stepping down.
Speaker 3: I think the vast majority of Steelers fans, those that I've talked to, and my gosh, have we taken a bunch of calls go out.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, Adam, I bet you were able to just kind of put your feet up on the desk and just.
Speaker 1: Three hours they're taking a nap, right there, Son, Just open the bones.
Speaker 3: That's right, you said, what has it been a day or two? It's been my entire life. It feels like that we've been taking calls on Mike Tomlin and now it's over. And I think even the most fervent Mike Tomlin backers are are admitting finally that it was time. It doesn't mean that Mike Tomlin didn't do a good job overall here. He did. It doesn't mean that he's not a great football coach or an eventual Hall of Fame football coach. I think he is, and he is, but it just wasn't working anymore. And while many people say that Mike Tomlin got more out of less, he's also in charge of the personnel decisions. That's never been publicly stated. It's not like it's next to his job title. But he's got more power than anybody in the organization not named Art Rooney the second. And as he's accrued more power there was ulci fated. It's not all that dissimilar from Bill Belichick, who was a great coach, but maybe not the player evaluator the equivalents of his head coaching abilities.
Speaker 1: So what is well, let's talk about Let's talk about Tomlin's future here now, Adam. The big chat is that he's going to go into TV, and everybody think he's a natural for that. I don't see Tomlin doing that. I do, do you really? I don't know, Adam, your thoughts on that, because I never thought of him as a personal guy. He always looked like a guy who wanted to bite your head off anytime anybody talked to him. But I thought that about Coward too, and he's really good on television.
Speaker 3: I think Tomlin would be even better than Coward, and I agree, I think Coward's good. I think in the local media we don't get the best of Mike. He he doesn't. He says that, let's just say for the Jay Glazers and the rich Eyesens, the national media members world and I get it to an extent, but he's a lot more colorful with them. He is a very funny man behind the scenes, and an entertaining guy, and a good storyteller and He's incredibly bright and sharp and witty. I think if he put his mind to it, he'd be really good at television. I mean, he obviously knows the game. That part will be the easy part. The thing is, I don't know if he'll have the time to put in all the efforts to be great at television, because I think it would be a brief stay. I think he's absolutely addicted to competition. The way he came off the field after Tyler lut missed that field goal for the Ravens, I just can't imagine him not wanting to coach and feel that competitiveness every single day and then times one hundred on Sundays. I think he'll be in the league, probably not next year. In fact, I bet a lot of money he wouldn't, But I think by twenty twenty seven he's back coaching someplace else.
Speaker 2: So I mean, what do you ultimately think. Does he do a year in television because any network is going to pay him whatever it takes to have him on, because again I think he'd be great, And then yeah, just during that year, does the research on who's going to need a coach and what's the quarterback situation and what's the personnel situation, just does all the backwork and uses a lot of these guys. They use their access to different different franchises to be able to kind of do almost a job search and kind of look under the hood a little bit. Is that kind of what you imagine happening with Tomlin?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? And I think he wants to go to a place with a quarterback. I think he's tired. I mean, who doesn't, but he's tired of the whole Mary go Rounds thing. Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Mitch Drubisky, we could name them all. It would take all day. I think he wants to go to a place with the quarterback. I think he thinks he can win an elite level in this league. But you need that one element. The tricky part is if he were to want to coach this year, then the Steelers would be able to get compensation. They would have to trade Tomlin to whichever franchise wanted his services. If it's in twenty twenty seven, I've talked to so many people about this, including Mike Floria was on our station today from Pro Football Talk. We have no idea what happens in twenty twenty seven because nobody can get their hands on a copy of the contract, and the Steelers had an option that they could pick up in May of this year. I don't know if they could pick the option up if he resigned. Probably not, And so are they going to have his rights then? If not, he'd be free to go anywhere, which I think would potentially open up a situation in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Maybe, huh with Joe Burrow, Well, I mean, any coach looks at a play if number one thing, do they have the quarterback? And boy, they sure have one here, no doubt, depending on what what happened. Let me back up a little bit at him. So, yeah, so he stepped down. So talk about the semantics like, so by stepping down, he's able to get paid by them? Is that why he chose to do that? Why would he not say, you know what, if we're going to do this, fire me okay, and then I can go get a job this this next coming year.
Speaker 3: As I understand it, if they had fired him, they'd have to pay him, okay. And if they'd fire him, he would also be able to go wherever he wanted, And that was that was never going to happen. They were never going to cut him loose. Art Rooney, the second Steelers team president owner, spoke today and he was asked specifically about that extra year, that option year that I was just talking about, and he was pretty deftined answering the question. He said, well, I anticipated Mike was going to come back in twenty twenty six, so I don't know that he ever would have picked up the option on Mike Tomlin. But unless Mike stepped the way, he was going to be their coach next year for at least one more season.
Speaker 2: So this was Mike initiating. Initiated this. He's the one who said I do not want to be the head coach for the Steelers anymore.
Speaker 3: Right, Yes. And Art Runny the second today said that he thinks this was a family decision and not a football decision. I am cynical and I don't ever believe anything anybody says, and I think there's probably some truth in both realms. I mean, from a football standpoint, he kept hitting his head on the wildcard round and from a personal standpoint, when you do that and you got fans chanting for your firing, and your family's probably hearing it when they go out to dinner the supermarket. Maybe it is just time for a fresh start, because it could get pretty ugly around here. Things don't go well, and for us around here, spoiled as we may be, winning ten games and going to the playoffs every other year isn't enough if you're not winning those playoff games.
Speaker 2: All right, So let's move in, by the way, Adam Crowley of a ninety three to seven the fan in Pittsburgh, So let's spin it forward here. Who who's the coach that the Steelers want? And who do you think it's going to be.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: I don't think any of this reporting nationally for the last three or so weeks has been by accident. I mean, there was a ton of reports from the Glazers of the world that Mike Tomlin, hey, maybe he is considering television. Well. At the same time, Albert Breer wrote a story, Hey, if something did happen with Mike Tomlin, They've got their eyes on Chris Shula, who obviously has the shool of blood and he is the defensive coordinator of the Los Angeles Rams. I think that's the most likely guy they have an mo although I mean it's it's tough to say that because they hire a coach you know, once a generation. But Chuck Noll thirty seven and a defensive coordinator for the Baltimore Colts, Mike tom a defensive coordinator the Minnesota Vikings, and then Bill Cower is the defensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns. I think that's ideally how they want to play ball. They want to play defense, they want to run the football, and it is no secret around these parts. And I don't think this is unique to Pittsburgh, but I think the Steelers organization is enamored with the success of the Rams organization, and it wouldn't shock me if Shula were the higher They've already put in a request to interview him and the passing game coordinator there, Nate. I'm going to make this sound so Pittsburgh easy. Nate sheiel Hass is a guy that I think they'd be interested in as well. They're interviewing him. I'm not sure if he'd be a head coach, he's a little early in his developmental curve, but perhaps his offensive coordinator. But I bet good money on one of those two guys, and then potentially Brian Flores, the Vikings defensive coordinator. He was here not long ago as a linebacker's coach, and people in the building loved him, though I've heard he could rub people the wrong way if he stays beyond the year.
Speaker 1: Well, Adam, let me just tell you, we here in Cincinnati would just give you a word of warning. Counting on the Shula coaching tree. We've lived it, been there and done that. So anyways, just a word of warning too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll tell you what. I don't the family lineage thing. It never really did it for me. It absolutely does it for them. I mean, they've got two Haywards, they had all the Tarrell Edmunds brothers, they've I mean, they just they're obsessed with lineage. They have Mark Brunner, who is a former tight end son on the team right now, and he plays seven snaps the game. He runs down and tackles people on kickoffs. We all thought Tom was gonna draft his kids, so it wouldn't It wouldn't surprise me if they went went with some family ties. But there's always a Kubiak out there too, so maybe they can get one of the six Kubiaks.
Speaker 2: But I guess what I'm saying is it makes sense given the Steelers history, they would want to go after a defensive guy. But a lot of the popular opinion in the media, and you tell me if it's the popular opinion in Pittsburgh is it's been the offense, right, the offense for a while, and you know that they need more of an offensive minded guy to get more creative on offense. So what do you think. What are the people in Pittsburgh think? Do they are they fine with a defensive guy and Chris Schuler, or do they want more of an offensive minded head coach.
Speaker 3: People here won an offensive guy. I think the organization wal lean defense, but the vast majority of the fan base won an offensive guy. I'm okay with either. Or I look at the eight teams that are left in the divisional round, and four of the head coaches are offensive slant. Before the coaches are of a defensive slant. You look at the statistics and this just in. To be playing on Divisional round weekend, you got to be good on offense and defense. Most of these teams are top ten or near top ten in both, So I think there's multiple ways to get it done. I think ideally people around here would won an offensive coach, but if you hire the right defensive coach who hires good coordinators, that can work too. But people are pretty sick of watching the brand a ball we've seen here the last five years, which more often than not, and there were moments this year was good, but more often than not has been three yards, a cloud of dust, and then a punt.
Speaker 1: All right, Adam, let me one final question from us, how about how did you get meat you guys feel about? I think it's obvious to everyone that it was Aaron Rodgers' last down in Pittsburgh and basically telling you guys to go f yourself the other day and walking out of the press conference.
Speaker 2: How did that go for?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it. I mean he's not coming back. If Mike Tomlin came back, I think that door was open because there's not a lot of good free agent quarterbacks out there. It's still early. I mean there's pro days and things of that. Nature of the draft class doesn't look all that on inspiring. So I think Tomlin, if he were the guy, he'd have wanted Rogers to come back. And I think Rogers, if he played, would have been amenable to coming back. There's no chance that happens now. Rogers loved Tomlin. Tomlin loved Rogers, and with no Tomlin, there shall be no Rogers. And I'm kind of bumped because, my god, that I love covering the guy.
Speaker 2: How fun was that? I mean every day was an adventure?
Speaker 3: Right? It really was the best possible scenario for Steelers fans, myself included this year, because they wound up going to the playoffs. They beat the Ravens twice. Mike Tomlin left, but it's not messy because he didn't get fired and he could go on and be happy. We could be happy in Rogers roller coaster. Man, it's a it's a blast. And I cannot wait for like, from what's it gonna be like three weeks probably or something like that from now for him to get on the Pat mac off his show and he's gonna do his tell all and we're gonna hear all this stuff. That's exactly right. I cannot wait.
Speaker 2: That's the best. Well, Adam, you're the best man. We really appreciated great having you back on and happy to come on and talk some Bengals on your show one day, But thank you for coming on and shorting this allf man, We really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I would love it, buddy, appreciate it. Guys. You have a great day.
Speaker 2: Thanks keep Sam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't even imagine covering that Aaron Rodgers fan, that's right there. That's a trip. I'm sure suffering largely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder what the latest. You know, there's always like some controverse here, some you know, first world problem thing went on a while ago. It was, you know, they had like a frozen custard dispenser and it was like strawberry vanilla and chocolate. But when you wanted chocolate, sometimes there would be a little just a smidgen of strawberry leftover, and people were just losing their minds. What are we? What the hell are we? I am I do not have to put up with a little bit of strawberry ice cream on top of my chocolate.
Speaker 1: Now, where am I an animal? Where he lives? I can't even imagine the bitch the quality and the amount of bitchiness that goes on. Because we have a timeshare in Sarasota. Yeah, it's just like where Willie lives, trust me. Uh and just some of the stuff that people complain about, you know, we did found some uh find some mouse droppings in our condo. Well guess what, they've been tearing down buildings all around this place. We guess where they're going to come to the standing building that's right next door, right like we're doing. They we can we come in and we spray all the time. Okay, cool, No, it's not like there was a little doll up of strawberry frozen yogurt in my chocolate telling you just you know, just the first world problems. Yeah, we'll deal with him shortly now, rock beck In Beck In our younger days, my younger days and and yours as well, I know used to do you would somebody would say, hey, have a shot or do this right? You just I I was down in Florida, and I know it was a thing here too, But I remember being down in Florida one time, and it was Bubba the Love Sponge.
Speaker 2: You remember Bubba. I remember. I feel like that guy was like like a comet, Like he just came about and was like the biggest thing ever and then kind of poof gone.
Speaker 1: He was here for a little bit, but he was really big in Florida for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I got to know Bubba a little bit, and I was down there for a station thing.
Speaker 2: Now, was he gone in like the afternoon on EBN or something and you were in the morning.
Speaker 1: He was in the evening. He was like seven to midnight or something.
Speaker 2: Redneck Monday and yeah, yeah, no parents Thursday correct, Yeah, yeah, and it's good to see you. Didn't listen much, but he uh, you know, that was his home, his home base, and so he was doing an appearance at a bar. So the Dolphin and I were down there, remember Finn and Finn and I went out and saw him, and you know, he's showing us just first class street, but you guys come in, you know, da da da, this and that and the other. Put us behind the velvet rope, which was basically like being at Hooters, but we had our own booth and and so he's like, you guys got to try the this first time I'd seen it, but like I said, I had seen I saw him in town here afterwards. But flaming doctor Peppers? Did you ever drink that I have had one of those?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 2: Is that hold on?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: Is that one lit on fire and dropped into a yeah, root beer something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forget, I forget exactly what it is, but yeah, there's uh, there's fire involved, and and I drank a couple of those, and I don't remember much the rest of the night, but it was kind of intense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, flaming shot of amaretto and overproof rum into a glass of beer, extinguishing the flame, creating a sweet root beer like taste. So I was I was on the right track, right, yeah, yeah, so yeah. It was one fifty one, which is flammable obviously, and lo ameretto bloom dropping in the beer.
Speaker 1: Go I've had it, Okay, Well, let's do it here in Russia, it's a go figure. Thirty eight year old guy named doesn't have his last name, named SERGEI, was taking part in a Christmas party at a place there called the Game of Tables Cooking Studio in Moscow. I guess it was a company rented this place out or something. He was rushed to surgery after drinking a cocktail that ruptured his stomach. And this guy's this guy is still in the hospital by the way. We listen to this. Then the drink he had not a flaming doctor pepper, Oh no, it was a liquid nitrogen infused drink that was part of their Cairo show that the chefs were showing off and you know liquid nitrogen. Yeah, that's what they were. Yeah, kind of cold. They used the blah blah blah, and it provides dramatic effect and stuff. In case you've never seen this stuff, it's very intense. So it expands into a gas and as it gets to room temperature and you see all the smoke and all that rigmarole. Well this dude just goes, oh, I'm good, picks it up and throws it down with the liquid nitrogen before it had dissolved into his stomach.
Speaker 2: God, that's rough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And witnesses there claimed that they were given no warnings by the shift that the cocktail was dangerous. Guess what if somebody says that's really there is something damaging in there, don't drink it, And I'm like, oh, wi should be I'm cool. All right, back with that idian, Rocky. It is Wednesday round about this time, rock and that means it is time for a Wednesday with Willy being brought to you by Joseph Chevrolet.
Speaker 2: Yes, and well, we wanted to hit you with this. I'm sure you've heard about the double homicide in Columbus, Monica. Teppe thirty nine, Spencer Teppee thirty seven last week, and we'd actually talked to Tanya about it, and not much about the case had been broken. But I guess now the brother or no, the former husband is the one that's a suspect in this. So I was just wondering, you know, in your illustrious past legal career, you ever a part of any high profile cases or sinister type cases similar to Nation one.
Speaker 6: Yes, Manie Well Well, when this broke, I spoke to a dentist friend of mine, and the dental community at that level was somewhat limited a number, and I was told that the police early on was looking at a former lover, not necessarily a husband of the wife as the likely party because of some information. And so when the former husband slash lover was arrested, it wasn't much of a shock to the dental community. But what it said is is that this couple, she quickly divorced him. They were married only for like a year eighteen months, and it was kind of a nasty divorce. He did not want to let her go. And then in his mind, which I don't know if it's true or not, that in the divorce guy's mind, she was shall we say, less than faithful to her to him during the marriage, which may be a lie, but that's what he believed. The killer believed that somehow this other guy was in the picture before he was out of the picture. And I have no information other than rumor and hearsay and indicate that's accurate or not. But whenever someone like that is killed, the first people you look at are former husbands, it's former lovers, it's someone in the circle of friends. Anonymous killings happened, but they're extremely rare. So the police in Columbus quickly, according to when they talked to family members and friends of the wife, said, take a look at that guy right there, he's the guy.
Speaker 2: And so in.
Speaker 6: Today's world, because of the cell phones and because of things like that the ping, they could put him in pretty close contact if assuming he didn't his phone on, and from that developed the case. And uh, I think it's it's a whrror, but but it's a good thing he didn't. He didn't kill the offspring, the one in the three year old or four year old made it through this, and it's awful, it's terrible, And these are the reasons you need a death penalty and torture before death. This guy that did that to that family needs to spend at least to the rest of his life in prison beating sheriff burgers and at a minimum, at a maximum, he should be upside down, hung and beaten and and then killed.
Speaker 2: Because that that's awful.
Speaker 6: That's that's that's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Well, Willie on the flip side of the coin, and we were also talking about what's the the guy naming the New York Mangeoniah, do you okay you're in charge of defending that guy or this guy? How do you approach that from knowing? I mean, there's there legit is video of that guy shooting the guy in New York and this guy he's placed at the scene, his cars there, his car was there, then his car was gone after the crime. How do you, as a defense attorney defend something like that?
Speaker 6: So different cases. Luigi has thousands of supporters who have raised him millions of dollars who believe it was a justified homicide. Now, you might not be able to sell that to a jury in Warren County or in Boon County, but you might be able to have one recoucildron juror in New York City say, you know what, I've had some medical bills that weren't paid, and I've had circumstances and with insurance companies did not allow me to have a procedure that cost me my life or cost me my limbs. And so they're hoping for one or two recoucitrant jurors that are going to say, we're not going to convict him of aggravated murder first to re murder in New York, We're not going to do that. And that's what you're hoping for. Plus temporary insanity, that is that he was driven crazy by the back problems Luigi was having. He sought treatment and care for it in Owaii in other places. He was a traveling man and he kept having these medical difficulties and couldn't get the insurance companies. I'm not sure as the one that the decedent was a CEO of, but nonetheless he had angst against the insurance company and he hit other people on the list he was going to kill. It wasn't just that CEO United, He had other CEOs he was looking for, much like a chapman trying to who killed John Lennon had other names on.
Speaker 2: The list to kill.
Speaker 6: And so so in that case, you say, look, we admit he did it, but it was justified. Now in this case, I don't think there's hundreds of people going to raise money for this murderer and going to march around the courthouse hoping this guy set free. And so in that case, again you're looking for temporary insanity, which is, assuming they have factually that he actually did it, you'd have to go into some insanity defense, which rarely works because assuming the murderer and the dentist and co Columbus got into a car, mental acuity to start the car, he followed traffic violations or not had stop signs, his mind worked, he stopped, he saw the red light, he stopped, he saw a green light, he went. And if he had a gun, there's an operational aspect to that. Did he operate the gun? What is his mind connecting with reality? The answer was yes, he connected with reality up until the point he claims when he killed two innocent people in that home. And so that's why insanity. And I've had fifteen or twenty insanity defenses, and I had one that worked out of fifteen or eighteen, and her name was Dorothy Shirley Andrews. And because she I won't say what she did to her baby, but it was so out of whack that the juror said, she's not guilty by reason of insanity. And that doesn't mean you're free. It means you go to a mental hospital until you're restored to sanity, which may never happen. Now, others stays like Kentucky is guilty but insane, which is factually the committed the offense. But then we're going to treat them for the mental illness. And once they have sucessfully in sured a so called mental illness, then you go to prison. Ohio doesn't have that. Ohio's MGRI owt to be updated. But in Ohio, if you're classically found not guilty by reason of insanity, you could be locked up for one year or fifty years, depending upon how long it takes to restore your mind to sanity. And so the two cases are fundamentally different. And Luigi has supporters the murder and Columbus I would assume has no supporter.
Speaker 1: I would assume that as well. Now, because we talked to somebody not too long ago Rock who was talking about the insanity defense and will to your point, you really have to be so far out there that people can look at you and go, Okay, that person is nuts because a lot of it because you always hear like, oh, he's going to plead insanity. Well, I mean it's not as easy as that sounds.
Speaker 2: I mean, to your.
Speaker 6: Point, under the McNaughton rule and other rules, you have to show that the person was incapable the conforming ishavior to the dictates of the law, did not know the difference between right and wrong. For example, if you shoot someone believing them to be a coke machine and you want to get a sprite, and somehow you shoot that person thinking they are you can get a root beer out of the machine and the person as a human being not a piece of metal. Those are the cases that might succeed. But even then, normally a person at before the moment of the killing takes place, you have conformed your behavior, did the dictates of law all day, You've done all these things in which your mind was connected to reality, and all of a sudden you claim you had a snap. Those things hardly ever work, I think in Hamley County's history, there's less than three ngris because jurors don't buy it, and prosecutors can demonstrate this guy did conform his behavior to the law by doing all these ten twelve things ahead of time that indicated he knew reality, and all of a sudden he snapped and didn't know reality, and then he escaped, and the murder in Columbus, after the murders were committed, he did things to secrete himself. His mind was in contact with reality, he knew what he had done, and then spent time.
Speaker 1: To get away.
Speaker 6: Those are the acts of a sane person, and so that's even more difficult. And so his best opportunity is to plee out and maybe get life without possibility of parole, or maybe parole after thirty.
Speaker 2: Or forty years. So, not to go on a tangent, but you were talking about Ohio and the death penalty. Do you know when and who the last person killed in Ohio by the death penalty was.
Speaker 6: Well, it's been a long time. Mike DeWine honestly does not believe in the death penalty. He says he believes in the death penalty, but he doesn't. So that's eight years and before that there was a we had an eight year run taft. I don't think executing anybody before him. I don't think the Democrat executed in anybody. And before him, John Kasik didn't ext you, I would I according to.
Speaker 2: This, it's Robert van hook and twenty eighteen and this was under Kasic Casi. So it's been eight years. Yeah, it's uh, you know.
Speaker 6: And Joe Dieter says that that if just tell me whether we have one or not. If we don't have one, that's okay. And I've often said that the application of the death penalty is so sporadic that why haven't And I often say that life without possibility of parole and an eight by six foot concrete cell might be worth than than lying on a gurney and not waking up, and I and it's much less expensive. And so yeah, I guess we have a death penalty. But as a conservative libertarian, it wouldn't bother me one bit if the if the legislator said, let's just not deal with that anymore, and let's just you know, let's have life without possibility of parole.
Speaker 2: Explain that process though, of how it just keeps getting you know, appealed and appealed and appealed, like, because that's what jobs to your point, if we're gonna have it, okay, let's use it. If we're not, then okay, we'll see good. The other the next most extreme measure of punishment, which is needed in a society in my opinion. So how do things like that keep getting appealed infinitely? It seems like, well, it takes long.
Speaker 6: At the trial stage. You have to have qualified jurors that are willing to apply the death penalty. It takes a long time to have a jury to be sworn in. That takes months and months and months. There's only a few pre qualified attorneys in Ohio. James Bogan is pre qualified to handle death penalty cases. Most criminal defense lawyers don't want to be qualified to handle death penalty cases. It takes so long, very rarely as the defendant person of means, which means the state is paying you not enough money to represent them, and you put that along with them. If there is a conviction, there's all kinds of post conviction remedies before sentencing. Then one sentencing takes place, the judge can say no, and many judges don't want to impose the death penalty. The judge can say, well, I'm not going to accept the recommendation, and then the appellate process starts. It goes to the first district Court of Appeals, which takes two to three years. Then it goes high a Supreme Court that takes three to four years. Then there's newly discovered evidence, much like in the Blue Ash Hotel case, which wasn't newly discovered evidence, but then there's new evidence discovered. Then you go back to the original trial court to say we have new evidence, who want a new trial? Then you have hearings on that, and then once the state remedies have exhausted, then you jump over to the federal system. You begin at the federal district turn back over, then you start over, and then you go to the Court of Appeals circuit. Then you go to the US Supreme Court. Then you have newly discovered evidence.
Speaker 2: Why why are there all these steps and why do they take months and sometimes years in between.
Speaker 1: Eight years you hear what these guys being on this death row for fifteen to twenty years or some such Well.
Speaker 6: It's because the system is filled with individuals who do not believe, who are lawyers and judges, federal judges especially. There was a federal judge named Rice who sat in Cincinnati who took every death penalty case and put it in a file cabinet and didn't even open it up for you. He was considering what to do. And so if the system is filled with judges who don't believe in the death penalty, they look for every conceivable reason.
Speaker 2: Not to have it imposed.
Speaker 6: That every time you have newly discovered evidence, you start all over again at the trial court and you work a way back up through the system, which you can take ten to twelve to fifteen years, and it never ends. And then you got newly discovered evidence, then you have a witness whose testimony was impeached, and start all over again, and you go back to the beginning. And so you can have people on death row for twenty five or thirty years. And then you have governors who say, you know what, I believe in the death penalty because it's good politically and sometimes, but I just don't want to do it. I'm not going to sign a death warrant. I don't think Mike DeWine would ever sign a death war and I think case he signed one or two, and I've asked for Bake Ramaswami. He's likely the next governor. He says he's going to look at it, which tells me, okay, you're going to look at it. What does that mean?
Speaker 2: So at the end of the day, if.
Speaker 6: You had life without possibility of parole, you get rid of a lot of that stuff completely. It's a lot less expense, and said a lot let's wear and tear on the legal system and the person is locked in a cement cell for the rest of their life. Anyway to me, that's one hell of a punishment.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: With that counselor the the defense rests.
Speaker 6: Eight point two million dollars to criminal protesters, one point four million dollars to Quadavior Hicks, and then Ryan Hitt's going to get millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: I saw that.
Speaker 6: I'm all fart up about you know, now, City Council, it's not their money, it's our money. They're giving more than ten million dollars to criminals. Now they want to increase the income tax rate.
Speaker 2: What about that?
Speaker 1: Willie will talk about that another day, but right now we have to let you go.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: You got me all fired up.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: There he is done in Florida. He'll be down there walking on the beach looking for seashells, being all pissed off.
Speaker 2: And I'm looking for someone to talk about that. I'm sure you saw that news. That'll be like, you know, the family of Ryan Hinton who shot and killed a police officer, you know, is possibly going to get a a payout.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe we can hit that up tomorrow.
Speaker 2: That'd be good.
Speaker 1: But right now we got traffic and weather.
Speaker 2: What is going on?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Back with Eddie and Rocky, And before we get out of here, we like to talk to our friends at ABC News and Rock. This uh, this case will never not fascinate me because Rock and I were talking about this off the air, and I'm like, I'm convinced this guy he's not gonna wiggle out of it. He's not gonna wiggle his way out of it, but he's gonna somehow wiggle himself into the lesson the least thing he can possibly be a whatever indeted charge.
Speaker 2: Orge Luigi Mangioni, the guy who shot the insurance guy and was harold, is a hero by many people that I think are kind of nuts. But yes, his hearing is going on right now, and Sasha, you have the latest on this. What is it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's exactly right. That key piece of evidence that we've all been talking about now at the center of another high stakes hearing as lawyers for the accused killer of United Healthcare CEO fight to keep his backpack out of court. We remember when Luigi Mangioni was tracked down at that McDonald's in Altuna, Pennsylvania last year. Police found him with a backpack and inside it what prosecutors say was unambiguous evidence of his motive, including the alleged murder weapon and a red spiral notebook that prosecutors say Manzoni used as a diary. It had writings discussing what they say was the plan he was concocting. That quote the target was insurance. It checks every box. Now, Manjoni's lawyers say police is seizure of that backpack and it's an initial warrantless search at that McDonald's made it illegal, and they're trying to prevent prosecutors from using it as evidence in both his state and his federal cases.
Speaker 1: So we'll have to say, sa Peesnik from ABC News is our guest, And so what's the logic or the case they're trying to make to keep this backpack out of being used as evidence.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so defense attorneys say that the lack of a warrant there at the McDonald's it made the surge and thethesure of the backpack illegal, and they're trying to keep it out. They're trying to keep the backpack and what was in it out of court. If they can take that potentially critical evidence out of either his state or his federal case, or both, then that they hope could knock a lot of the wind out of prosecutors sales. They also argued officers were too late mirandizing Mangioni. That's you know, telling him he has the right to remain silent, et cetera, and continue to popper him with questions after he already said he preferred to remain silent, as is his right. So now the judge in his federal case is going to give both sides to argue the issue out in court next week, and we'll have to see what the decision ultimately will be.
Speaker 2: It's interesting that a technicality could possibly mess up this this whole case here. But but I guess my question, Sash would be, what are the police supposed to do? I mean, they're trying to find this guy. He just shot somebody. I imagine there's a process of you're trying to wrest someone because you're you know, you're fearful they may do something else. Again, So what is the line between a police officer, you know, apprehended a guy and and his whatever he is, his belongings, and but been going by the book and making sure you have evidence and a warrant and all that sort.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's exactly right. And and and police and prosecutors have defended the search and seizure as completely lawful. We remember, folks there at that McDonald's saw this guy sitting there and thought they might recognize him based on his his bushy eyebrows. Remember that the suspect and images from surveillance footage at the time were splashed all over the news, and so they called it in. And and so when police are trying to catch somebody who's on the run for an allegedly violent crime, they want to make sure that there's no further threat to the public. And so they have defended removing the backpack from the immediate at least arm's length of Mangoni at the time, and we know that from bodycam footage, the folks there, the police they are unseen, wanted to make sure that, for example, there wasn't a bomb or anything else in the backpack. We know that they seized from the backpack that the alleged murder weapon, and that was a part of the point there. And they also say that a later a completely legal and lawful warrant what was something that enabled them to further search the backpack. But all of this is going to be litigated next week in court. And we also know that Al Tuni police officers not necessarily the ones who were there arresting Luigi on site, but they're going to have local officers there to testify to what their procedures are, what they had in place as far as policy when they searched the backpacks content.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's when I was wondering, and we're talking to Sasha Pesnik from ABC News, And one last thing, as Sasha, did he give himself up and just say I prefer not to talk Fifth Amendment and all that stuff. I don't remember how all that went.
Speaker 5: He initially prosecutors say, presented a fake ID when they further searched, Yeah, yeah, they searched the backpack. They ultimately arrested him there, read him his rights, and took him into custody. There's not much you can do from there. He did not surrender himself in so far as walking up to the police station and saying, hey, I hear you're looking for me. And again, you know, innocent until proven guilty, right yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well that Sasha, we will let you go. Thanks so much for joining.
Speaker 5: Us, you bet, you bet, thank you.
Speaker 2: Take care of.
Speaker 1: Sasha Pesnik from ABC. And you watch and see, man, that guy's going to get himself a good attorney, and he's gonna he's gonna wiggle. Like I said, he's gonna wiggle himself the least possible since he can get and he shot that man.
Speaker 2: Doesn't say that it's old blood video right again a technicality and having the money to have a good lawyer could possibly I mean, does he have money? Is that is that the deal? Or I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I think he does. Doesn't he come from a rich family. I don't remember that part.
Speaker 2: I don't remember party either, But.
Speaker 1: Well, nuts is nuts yep, alrighty, then rock in other news.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you've heard of the Only Fans, right. I don't get into these things, but for show research purposes, you know, I have to do the dirty work here. And apparently there's this girl named Sophie Rain and she is like the most popular girl on Only Fans last year. Rain claims she has made ninety five million dollars from some descriptions over the past two years. Now, you know what, come on, man? Who who again? What was she doing? And she I think she claims she doesn't even do like like really nude stuff. I don't know. Come on, I know, I'm telling you. When I die ed, I want to be reincarnated as a very hot female because they got the world by you know What's so anyway, But but this isn't even the story. Okay, there's a Florida gubernatorial candidate, right, there's you know, a governor's race score on there. Desanta scan't run anymore. Sure, So there's a candidate, Republican candidate named James Fishback, who is proposing a fifty quote sin tax on OnlyFans models. As governor in year one, I would push for the first of its kind OnlyFans sin tax. If you are a so called OnlyFans creator in Florida, you are going to pay fifty percent to the state on whatever you so called earned via the online degeneracy platform. We will raise hundreds of millions of dollars of income on the only Fans sin tax. Okay, So then she gets back on this and uh, you know, of course just lashes out. And never in my life I think I would wake up and see a Florida politician trying to start beef with me for clout. So he's proposing a sin tax on on bops, which is what they are referred to in the industry.
Speaker 1: I've heard what oh no, what does that mean? Though that's there.
Speaker 2: I think it's just like us, no what bops? Bops? No, it's like a slang term for like a chick that does oh you know that does online content in the nude right?
Speaker 1: Oh I always, I just I just thought it was porn.
Speaker 2: But it's fine, well more or less when you would have to pay a fifty percent tax to the state on top of thirty seven I already pay to the government and guests who just I don't know, it's amazing. But anyway, it goes back and forth, back and forth. But uh again, this guy doesn't have any shot. I think Byron Daniels is gonna win that. But nevertheless, that's the proposition.
Speaker 1: And Miss Rain, well, you got to come out for you if you're the you know, there is an established front runner and you're trying to catch up, you got to come up with the new ideas, right and.
Speaker 2: And this guy's you know, Barry, he needs something to get his name I had never heard of. Again, what's his name?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 2: What's her name?
Speaker 1: More importantly, Sophie Rain and Sophie what like Rain like the King or Rain Rain like the Drops? Okay, yeah, James Fishback. So now people know James fish Back. I'm worried worry about that.
Speaker 2: You should research me, not because you want to, because Rain for the show. You should research Miss Rain.
Speaker 1: Well, see that's the.
Speaker 2: I I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't get at all. I've told my wife. I was like, look, she was like, I'm I'm I'm going to be sixty years old next year.
Speaker 2: I was like, perfect, Yeah, there's a market.
Speaker 1: Do you understand? But that is a home run for some guys. Get out there, girl, sell it like nobody wants to see me. But I guarantee you there's a bunch of guys who would want to see you. You don't have to show your face or anything.
Speaker 2: Former news chick, I mean, yeah, has name.
Speaker 1: Just show show your feet or your knees or whatever people are into these days.
Speaker 2: Go down that road home. Report back on that, please. I'm dying to know the weirdness of that. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 1: My wife has ugly feet, man, really, lord, I've never been a foot guy, No, me neither, but yeah, it ain't pretty, kind of gnarly. Yeah, well, she in doing the news all though she was always wearing high heels.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had an ex who she always wore high heels and her foot were feet were all kinds of gnarled up. Yeah, you know, I've been wearing gym shoes my whole life. My feet ain't pretty, but they don't look like that.
Speaker 2: How did that become popular for well, I mean throughout history, like, pointy feet have been a thing. I don't know why, but it's terrible on your feet. Terrible.
Speaker 1: Well, dude, back in the you know, in my seventies disco days, you know, we had those Elton John stacked heeled things. That's what that was, the high thing platform heels. Well that worked for me because you know I'm five six on a good day, so me wearing two inch heels, Okay, that would that would work going in there and trying to pick up a chick. But you know I had, you know, my one buddies Like he's as tall as you are, maybe even taller. He's like six six four six five, and uh, you know I was like, dude, let go of that. Now you're you know, you look like wil Chamberlain. Yeah, you know, no girl wants to even look at you. You look like, you know, something out of a Jack and the beanstock.
Speaker 2: Let it go, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well I'm going to investigate what's her name again?
Speaker 2: Well, here here's a you know, a picture right here.
Speaker 1: Let me see just right quick, just a quick sample size.
Speaker 2: Well that's a very modest that's you know, that's.
Speaker 1: Uh that's got Rocky written all over it.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, well during the break you can look at it more.
Speaker 1: All right, cool and let me uh, I'll do a deep dive if you know what I mean. Uh, but that's during traffic and weather.
Speaker 2: What's going on