Speaker 1: All right, it is Mojo in the morning phone number eight four to four. Mojo Live Tax is nine to five to five zero zero. I uh god, I got a couple of things I wanted to bring up, and I feel like I'm missing out on it if I don't talk about uh, if I don't talk about return, it's now January is not called januarymore. It's called root return Youary. Have you heard that at all?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I keep seeing this story on a bunch of different posts. I saw it a ton before Christmas. Earnuary, return Youary. The month of January is the return month where everybody returns their holiday gifts. Oh and by the way, more and more businesses are doing the if you don't return by a certain date, you can't return them anymore. Because I yesterday went to Whole Foods and I walked inside there because I had to pick up a couple of things, and they're the only ones that have the cottage cheese that I like. I know, it's crazy, Like I love this cottage cheese. It's called good cottage cheese, and they don't have it anywhere else. So I go in there and I'm like, what is everybody doing? And they're all in the front of the store and they're all returning crap, and I'm looking at them all going crazy returning stuff, and they're you know, there are tons of boxes and things. So roughly one in five holiday purchases end up getting returned or expected to be returned, and they will be returned within the first couple of weeks of Christmas, because guess what if you don't, you don't get it your money back anymore.
Speaker 3: All my returns one which is in my purse right now. It's something that I got for Lucy, what she doesn't even know she got because I never get ended up getting it.
Speaker 4: She had she had too many gifts. So I was like, all right, some of these were going back.
Speaker 1: And did you wrap it at all? Or no, you didn't wrap it, No, so you just had it.
Speaker 3: But I have to return it to Sephora, and safora is like I hate going to I don't need to.
Speaker 5: You end up not returning they just there, Like I have ornaments that I didn't use and they're just sitting there.
Speaker 1: So do if you have something that's like clothing wise, and you don't return it, do you event and do you eventually just wear it and say okay, even though I didn't like it.
Speaker 5: I'm at that point now. I bought like this two piece like a top and the bottom. The top fit, the bottom is like super long, and in my mind, I'm like, yeah, I should return is. And it costs like one hundred and fifty dollars, like it wasn't like. I was like I need one hundred fifty dollars, but just never got around to it.
Speaker 6: And then finally I don't want to do all that though.
Speaker 5: Do you know, I guess I have to now because it's too late for me to sit the.
Speaker 1: Bad Do you know They say that the average person, and this is bigger than ever before, has at least three items in their closet with tags that are still on it because they intend to either return them or they just say, you know what, I'm not gonna wear because it doesn't fit me in or whatever.
Speaker 5: I got some pants that I bought from some company. I don't even know the name of it, but I think they were in China, and they got way smaller and waste thing we do so extra large. I thought it was American. It's an extra large in China, which I steal. Don't feed those are my like, hopefully one day I'll be skinny enough fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ihave that sizes can differ.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: You know what's starting to bug me though, is some of these companies are making it so difficult for you to return. I bought my babysitter this hoodie. I don't know if you've seen these hoodies. It's called like dear person behind me. It has like this message on it. I saw a guy, Yes, I love it. I was like, oh, my babysitter would love that. So that was like one of the things that I got her. Well, it came it was the worst quality. I'm like, this thing's gonna catch on fire if she goes near my candle. So I'm like, I'm I'm not giving this to her.
Speaker 4: I need to return it.
Speaker 3: Well, it was one of those things where you had to email the company your order.
Speaker 4: Nuh bla blah blah.
Speaker 3: Okay, fine, they respond and they're like, instead of returning, can we offer you twenty percent off all right?
Speaker 4: Then back?
Speaker 3: No, I really would just like to return it. Then they send me another email instead of returning, what if we offer you forty forty percent off refund? I'm like, no, I really don't want it, please sending me emails. Then they're what, what if we offer you a sixty percent refund to your original form of payment.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I don't want this anymore, Please send it back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, credits. I'm all right.
Speaker 1: So here's here is a topic that I think could be kind of funny. I want to talk to people that are in the biz, the people that work in the stores, and I want to know what's the craziest thing you've seen somebody return or what did it look like when they were returning.
Speaker 6: It, Because I bet you that people get.
Speaker 1: A lot of this at Costco, our Sam's Club or targets. They get crazy stuff like people that like I always love the guy that tries to return to the carcass, you know, the he tried to return and they you know those chickens they sell in the stores half eaten chicken and said that it wasn't good. I love those stories. Eight four to four Mojo Live eight four four sixty six five sixty five four eight Or what did you find out about the purchase that you got when you returned it? Because this is another one too. You ever try to return something that aunt Sally buys for you. And you know anybody with the name Sally is crazy. Well, Aunt Sally, you find out got it at a garage sale or something and it had a tag on it and tried to pose it or maybe it's like one of those things I used to have.
Speaker 6: We we had it was our aunt Aaron. Aaron would buy.
Speaker 1: Us stuff and I remember trying to return it because she never got my size right. Like Aaron would buy me a medium. I don't think I've been a medium at birth and she got She'd get me like this medium sweater and I'd bring it back and they would say to us, they'd go, they go, where'd you get this thing at?
Speaker 6: We haven't sold this thing in a decade, you know what I mean? Like it would be one of those type of things.
Speaker 1: Eight four to four Mojo Live eight four four six six five six five four eight. You know what my big thing now is Kevin brought up something interesting with the Chinese sizes and stuff. You know what bothers me when I'm buying something online and it will say online that the model wearing it is a size medium, and I look at it.
Speaker 4: He is six tall and he's size large.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's such a lie. Every model he seeks too, and where's a medium?
Speaker 7: Are right?
Speaker 1: I'm like, there's no way that guy. Guy's way skinnier than that. What's going on, Nicole? What's happening?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 9: So I had some like crappy spatula in my stocking at like a cheap crappy one and ugly dish towel, and I knew it came from Walmart, so I brought it there for store credit.
Speaker 7: It got ten dollars store credit.
Speaker 9: And ended up getting a six and a half foot pre Christmas tree for nine dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I want jumping up and down.
Speaker 6: That is a crazy that's a fine of fines. I was so excited.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 1: That's craziness that you can get that. But I'm gonna go to Walmart today and see if they got any more trees. What's up, Aaron?
Speaker 6: How you doing.
Speaker 7: By their good morning.
Speaker 1: Happy room on the float, I wasn't gonna say Happy New Year. I was gonna say happy return Youuary.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I don't return on I'm too lazy.
Speaker 10: So I used to be a assistant manager at a dollar General back in Illinois, and uh, he had.
Speaker 7: This guy he would always coming. He was a little odd, and he returned a like twenty ounce mountain dew. There was nothing left in it, and he was like, this just didn't taste good.
Speaker 6: Oh don't drinking, And you gave him back his dollar.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you drink the whole freaking thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh you think that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I got a texture here right now, a texture that says that they work at a pizza place. And a person brought a pizza back or a pizza box back with one slice left and said that the pizza was back.
Speaker 6: I gotta try. It's crazy. I'm gonna buy tweaks and only eat one of the steaks. Just see what they said about Diana. Diana.
Speaker 1: We were talking about Costco. You guys see crazy stuff there as far as returns are.
Speaker 11: Concerned, right, yes, can you hear me?
Speaker 6: I got you? What's going on?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 11: Oh my god? So yes, crazy returns. I work at the return counter. This one was kind of something I've not seen before. It was a vagina tightening device?
Speaker 4: What Cosco sells that?
Speaker 6: So the googles online?
Speaker 11: I guess online. And another crazy one, because like I have a bunch, someone returned a pair of pants and they said they had never worn them before. But then a pair of underwear fell out of that.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 11: Absolutely insane. Or we with like soup streaks.
Speaker 1: And they you know what you know, Julie, You know what I do. I go to Costco and I always walk in I scan my card. Now they make you scan your card and I walk over to where the service desk is, where the returns are, and just scan to see.
Speaker 6: What people have all the my way out because I say.
Speaker 1: If I get a gold one like where I can send a video to Bianca and we can post it. People are after Christmas, but also even after Thanksgiving. I saw a guy return in a pie that had a pumpkin pie that was half eaten.
Speaker 4: It's funny.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, yeah, that's actually very very common. We get a lot of food returns, like they'll just return one rot and apple.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. Brittany is a manager of a victorious secret.
Speaker 4: Oh I can only imagine.
Speaker 6: Let's hear the stories, Brittany, and what do you got return? You arey?
Speaker 7: Oh my god. Yeah. So I was a manager of Victoria's Secret, multiple locations for years. The amount of times we would get Laingderie and panties back that were used, and you could clearly tell they were used, like it could see that is everything. It was so disgusting.
Speaker 3: So if somebody like throws those across the counter at you to return them, you can't say anything.
Speaker 7: Is that your you're not too opposed to, but I'd be like, clear these were used.
Speaker 9: I would yeah, oh my god, how embarrassed If you can't afford it, don't buy it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's how embarrassing is it to like return?
Speaker 6: I guess I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 10: I do this stuff all the time now with the underwear, but it's not return youary for me.
Speaker 6: It's like all year around.
Speaker 4: Wait, you know beyonc is a professional.
Speaker 11: Though.
Speaker 4: I have a machine.
Speaker 10: I have a Google sheet of everything I buy and then I when I return it the status returned.
Speaker 4: Yes, of course, don't you have the singy.
Speaker 10: I bought a tag gun so I can retag myself legit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does return everything.
Speaker 6: You're a thief. That is horrible.
Speaker 10: I even bought a Christmas present for Bryce. I bought him a coat, I made him wear it, and then I returned it right.
Speaker 6: After retag It is Christmas.
Speaker 10: Jingle Ball fit by jumpsuit di war. I bought two of them either. I literally got it hemmed and I got it altered and I returned it after Bianca.
Speaker 6: You're going at it and I got the refund. This is called borrowing and renting. That's it.
Speaker 1: Listen to this, Judy, Are you there, Judy? I am Bath and Body Works is where Judy worked. And what would you get people returning?
Speaker 8: We would get can you hear me? Okay?
Speaker 6: I got you clear? Yep. Check one to check one too.
Speaker 8: They're one guarantee policy, which they no longer have. They would sell those mesh sponges and they were guaranteed, and we would have people bring in wet born apart mesh bunges for real.
Speaker 1: Yes, And you can smell when a sponge has been used to like it smells bad.
Speaker 8: It was like they took scissors to it in the altar apart, but it'd be wet.
Speaker 6: Good lord. What does a sponge cost now? Nothing?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 8: They don't fell them anymore.
Speaker 6: I don't blame them.
Speaker 1: And you know it's bad when they change the policy because of Bianca in her returns.
Speaker 6: Hold on. Billy works at Spencer's Spencers.
Speaker 1: You know the place that you go to all the time, and you'd be a teenager goofing.
Speaker 6: What did you see somebody returning?
Speaker 11: Billy?
Speaker 6: So I was.
Speaker 2: I don't work at Spencer's, but I was their shopping and I had overheard someone returning edible underwear because they didn't like the.
Speaker 6: Flavor after they take underwear. Anyway, that's crazy. Yeah, I'll be into it at least once.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, stuck to it still?
Speaker 8: Jeez?
Speaker 6: What what's what's up? Mark? What did you want to say?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 10: They?
Speaker 2: I just want to remind everybody to do their price of justice after the holidays. So the holidays, I bought a bunch of ribbons for building sconces over the windows, blankets, decorated the tree and whatnot. It was like ten bucks a roll. So walked in the Sands Club yesterday. That stuff was on sale for two dollars and ninety eight cents. I got sixty five dollars back.
Speaker 4: I always do the price adjustment, do you really?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I did it?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, man, remember do.
Speaker 2: Your price adjustments?
Speaker 6: Can you explain?
Speaker 4: I bought something?
Speaker 3: So I bought a pair of shoes for my sister, and I bought them and they were full price and then right and I bought them like a few days before Christmas. Right after Christmas, they were sixty percent off. So I was going to grab the shoes for my sister. But I happened to be at the mall and I had my receipt and I said, do I need to bring these back or can you just do the price adjustment? And she did the price adjustment for me, and it was it was it was worth it for me to do that.
Speaker 6: Wow, yeah, all right, thank you, Mark, appreciate it.