Speaker 1: It's Marcus in the morning. Y'all know what time it is? Is? Second date up? Daytime. Let's bring Ryan on. Ryan are you there?
Speaker 2: Hey? Hi guys? So are you hey? Man? Big fan of so thanks?
Speaker 1: Bro here to help you out. I understand you've been on a date. Her name was Brooke and you guys met online? Was was the message that you sent me? So did she? Was this a full ghost?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, I you know, I'm just confused, you know, sure, yeah it was a full ghost. That's a good way of putting it.
Speaker 1: What did you guys do on your date?
Speaker 2: While we were in Walnut Creek and had some drinks, you know, and you know, she was funny, great, good time.
Speaker 1: We talked you know about work and.
Speaker 2: Life and dating, burnout and lapped about everyone pretends they're fine with it really not, you know, and I thought things were going really well, thinking, you know, that was a good hang, let's do it again, and then.
Speaker 1: Here we are.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Yeah, she just disappeared.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well let's see if we can get her on the phone. I'm gonna call her and then yeah, I'll call her and then and then I'll ask her, like straight up, how the date went for her and then we will a I'd love to get you a second date, but be I would love to actually just get you some answers, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I would really appreciate it because everything seemed to be going really smooth, and I would go out with her again in a heartbeat.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see what we can work out. Let's go ahead and play a song and we'll regroup and then we'll call Brooke. It's Marcus in the morning. We're doing second date update. We were talking with Ryan and you guys just very simple, just ended up for drinks and wanting to creak correct you. He's muted Ryan, He's still there. Okay, yeah, sorry, he's all ready to go. Let's call her because I want to figure out why she goes to go ahead and go back on you, bude, Thank you. Here we go.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 1: How is this Brook? It is Hi Brook. This is Marcus calling from Star one on one three. Good morning, Hi, Hi. I don't suppose you listened to my show, do you?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to wake you up so early. So I do a radio show on Star one one three for iHeartRadio. We do a segment called second date update, and I got floated to your phone number by a guy who took you on a date. His name is Ryan, and it's okay. He's feeling like maybe you ghosted, and so we're just trying to figure out. I mean, I'll be blunt with like, what did my guy do? What did he do wrong? It's very assumptive of me, but I'm just assuming something went sideway. Did you ghost?
Speaker 2: I guess? Okay, there were just.
Speaker 3: Two things that kind of stuck with me. I just couldn't shake them. Okay, okay, Well, first, he casually admitted that he doesn't use a top sheet. He just uses like a fitted sheet and a comforter, and he was he just said, like, oh, top sheets are pointless fabric, and you know, they're always in a bunch at the bottom of the bed and create unnecessary laundry. And he said this very confidently, like this was a lifestyle choice of his.
Speaker 1: I mean, don't most hotels do that?
Speaker 3: No, there is always a top.
Speaker 1: Sheet, I guess. I mean, I guess the theory would be that, like they wash them every time we get new guests, which I'm certain Ryan probably does not because he's a dude. So all right, was there? So there's something else.
Speaker 3: Yes, Later in the night he mentioned he sets it like multiple alarms every morning and then he ignores all of them. And he said, I like easing into consciousness. And then he said that every you know, eventually his body just wakes up when it's ready and listen. I know both of these things when you just take them as one thing, like look at each thing, it's not either thing is technically wrong, but like together they just kind of create a picture. I can't unsee. It just felt like chaos adjacent.
Speaker 1: That is the most descriptive way I've ever heard somebody explain somebody chaos adjacent. Well, so part of this is that Ryan is listening right now. We're trying to I don't know. I always say we try to use it as a teachable moment. I'm sorry, but Ryan, are you there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I guys, I'm here.
Speaker 1: So you don't use the top sheet? Is that confirmed?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't understand entirely why this is a big deal. I sweep hot, you know, like it it's just like the top sheet really like traps heat, and like this is just about like getting up and going and going to work and going to bed. Like I don't need to make it complicated to make the bed with the top sheet every day and all the pillows. What if I needed to do that, right? You know, like that's just extra.
Speaker 1: Speaking of extra, this alarm thing sounds ridiculous. My wife would punch me if I didn't get up when the alarm goes off. If I realize you're a solo guy. We're trying to get somewhere here, right, Like we're trying to have a lady in our life.
Speaker 2: Right. Look, I can. I can work on the alarms. I understand that situation. You know. It's just I know it sounds bad, but I still get to work on time. I just don't leap out of bed, like you know, just instantly, like I'm in a movie or something. I just it's something that like I've had forever, I have been single a little while. I'm not gonna lie. So yeah, all right, I get that it's not the coolest. Look, but these are things that I could work on, having a woman around consistently and being alone. Look, I can see how that looks bad.
Speaker 3: Sure to be real, I understand, Like you're relaxed by this just makes you seem like unmanaged.
Speaker 1: Ryan, if we look at this from Brooks perspective, I'm trying to help you along here. If we're trying to get her to spend the night, how about we make a few adjustments.
Speaker 2: Sure, I'll buy you the best top she's on the planet. I could find the highest thread count, whatever it takes. Like, I'm a good guy. Look Brook, I'm teachable. I'm just rusty, right, you know, I'm not trying to scare you off.
Speaker 1: So Brook, I feel like we're making some progress. Can we get to a second date with this? Can we get a do over?
Speaker 3: I mean I don't need perfection. I just need efforts, okay, and clean sheets, But I don't give it another date.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's happening. Oh my god, I wasn't ready.
Speaker 2: Hold on, Yes, done, fresh sheets, no arms and.
Speaker 1: The cowbell and destiny is wrong. We have a second date. Oh all right, everybody, hang on strong work. Thank you, amazing, we did it. Thank God. It's Marcus in the morning. It's Thursday. Good morning, Producer Taylor is here. Hello, we got a DM from a member of our listening family who needs your help. Is it ever okay to break up right before Valentine's Day? I already know my answer, but this is from Gerald and Heywarding right, Marcus, listen to you every morning, been listening for years. Appreciate you, bro. I need some help. My relationship with my girlfriend is basically over. We both know it's headed that way. We haven't said the words yet. Valentine's Day is now coming up. My friends say I would be a jerk if I broke up with her now instead of waiting for a couple of weeks. I can see how it might be weird to do it right before a holiday. That's all about couples. But I also think it would be dishonest to keep pretending that my heart's still in it when I'm already out of it. I don't want to fake romance or exchange gifts under false pretenses just to avoid being the bad guy. Is it kinder to wait? Or am I just dragging things out for my own comfort? Well, what I've learned over the years, there's never a good time, No never what I wanted to I was in my first serious relationship. I wanted to break up. This is how it went. Well, it's October, it's my birthday. I don't want to do it near my birth well, it's Thanksgiving. Oh, we're gonna go see your folks. Oh god, it's Christmas. And then the new year rolls around, and then all of a sudden, oh well, her birthdays in March. I don't know. There's never a good time. Now, there's a tactful way to do it, like, don't you don't like bring the hammer down. That's my other problem is I just will bring the hammer down. Famously tell the story of breaking up with a girl just as I dropped her off at UNI. Oh my gosh, I wait right there at one of the main stations on van Ness. I waited till one leg was out of the car, and then I said, I don't think this is gonna work. Oh my gosh, marquess. I think I was partially hoping that she didn't hear me. Just close the door as the bus is going by. Whim. Speaking of which, have you ever noticed how guys never want to be the bad guy?
Speaker 4: I know, even though you are always default the bad guy.
Speaker 1: I literally had my therapist call me a wuss and told me to break up, just do it, just man up and do it and stop being a wimp. And then he literally, that'll be five hundred dollars. Literally, that was the session. I love that. What are your thoughts on this? Does Gerald break up with his lady now? Or do we wait till after Valentine's Day?
Speaker 4: You gotta do it now?
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 4: Do you think that you are trying to do something for her by waiting, but really you're being selfish.
Speaker 1: Break up with her now.
Speaker 4: She can get with her galpals for Valentine's Day and you know heal in her own way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I would not drag it out.
Speaker 4: Because I promise Gerald, I'm sure you're a great guy, but she's gonna be just fine without you.
Speaker 1: Okay, you guys should see the hoodie that producer Taylor has, and it's all about breakups. What does it say?
Speaker 4: On the front, it says what are you gonna do without him? And then on the back on the back it says whatever I want. I'm sure she'll be just fine.
Speaker 1: I know you're the man, but she's gonna be just fine.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Any thoughts on this? Hit us with a talkback if you don't mind. It's the little red microphone. Do you wait? Do you do it now? Leave a message if you're streaming Star one on one three,