Speaker 1: All right, So I went away this weekend.
Speaker 2: I took a guy's trip, a boy's, a dad's son, whatever you want to call it. With my son Joe. We went back to the roots. We went back to where he was born, to San Arizona, where I started doing radio, and we had a great time. We went to the u of A Versus Kansas game, which was amazing. We had great seats the help of John Jay and Rich and of course Dutch, who is John Jay's son, who is the team manager for these guys. We had such a good time. We did something on Friday has caused for some listeners. Actually, I don't know, maybe fifty percent of the listeners are pissed out.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a few.
Speaker 2: There's definitely a few that we're upset that I and Joe and his grandmama grandma game Grandma, Grandma Mary Welch. She had to because we forced her. She was in the back of the vehicle and she was loving it. She was like going for the ride, so like hanging out with her grandson and her son in law went to lunch and all stuff.
Speaker 3: So cute, by the way, he really is, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: We drove by the scene of the Nancy Guthrie House nice and people were not happy with us, which is interesting because I said on the air that this was the thing like the go by you know, I forget what we called it on Friday, but or morbit tourism, and I said, I walked went by Rockingham. You know, I've gone by different places allatraz like stuff like that. So people were really upset about this whole thing, which, you know what I could.
Speaker 1: I give them credit.
Speaker 2: I almost played some I opened up Instagram to go look at it, and I don't know what that was going to be.
Speaker 1: But people were like, I heard you say you were going to do it, but I really didn't think you would.
Speaker 4: People are just pissed that you drove by, or like did you get out and Douce, No, we just drove by keV And did you see the video? I didn't see the video.
Speaker 2: All right here, I'm gonna I'll play it for you right now. This is us going by okay the first time he swears towards the end or something or what. Okay, all right, here we go hold on saying here, all right, hold on.
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 1: Should we go out and take a picture?
Speaker 6: No? Take why?
Speaker 5: Because someone was abducted and murdered.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. It's just not respectful. But turn around so I can need a better video. So there's Joey.
Speaker 2: So we're driving by and we're taking a look and we're kind of like seeing, Yeah, I see.
Speaker 5: What's it worth it?
Speaker 2: Honestly, yes, because of I put a perspective on where the house. Listen, I am a journalist. If anybody doesn't understand this, I am a member of the media, and there was members of the media there. What's wrong with me being somebody that goes by it compared to the people from CNN and Fox News.
Speaker 5: Isn't it?
Speaker 2: Well, they're there, and look, you can see the perspective of how close her house is to the streets. So some people say, oh, it must be far off in the distance. No, it's close to the street that you drive by. The problem though, is there's a ton of foliage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot there. I think that it is pretty disrespective. Yeah where the homes right there? Yeah, right there? Right, Yeah, that's the port girl.
Speaker 2: That's the news reporter. There was a hot news reporter that was reporting for one of these things.
Speaker 1: Yes, people are what did I say? They are so mad at you? They're making threats to me.
Speaker 3: Everybody on the show, check your d M because people are reaching out to all of us saying they're never listening again because of you.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 2: It's because they know they know you don't answer unless they're hot. But it was interesting because the news media is there and they're doing their thing and yet me driving by, which, by the way, I will tell you, this is a public road that you can just drive by like.
Speaker 1: It's not like it's stopped. They don't have cops blocking you off.
Speaker 2: Although they did have a story on Friday about some guy that's driven by like a bunch of times and had pictures of Nancy Guthrie. They thought it was suspicious, so they arrested him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he had driven by like dozens and dozens of times.
Speaker 2: Am Pat calls me and goes, you got to take that video down. I go, why, Pat, somebody was just arrested. And by the way, this is the funniest part of AMPAC calling up and Pat thought it was me. So she thought it was me because she said it was a strange man, bigger in size who drove by. I'm like waites that use.
Speaker 5: Similar cars.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you Anna brings up something interesting. Anna, you know the car that they were looking for that was driving by was a Kia. And guess what car they gave me at the hurts Rentald CA a Kia. I liked the car I had. It was like a Kia Nitro or something like that. It was like a like a electric half electric hybrid or something like that. But it's funny. People said, this is the most offensive thing that you guys have ever done on your show. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wrong. Guess what we've done worse than this?
Speaker 5: Wrong? Wrong?
Speaker 6: Wrong?
Speaker 5: Wrong?
Speaker 1: What was the ashes?
Speaker 5: Wrong? We were Judd was putting ashes on people's forehead? Oh okay, how about a week ago?
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something that was kind of interesting but not as bad as another ash situation?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 2: Are you ready for this one? The worst thing that we've ever done on the show was way before you guys were on the show. Matter of fact, you guys were probably good. You guys were probably listening to this radio show back then when this was going on. When we did what would you do for? I think it might have been if I'm mistaken, like in sync tickets or something like that, was like some big big day or eminem I think it was Eminem. What would you do to go see Eminem? And we had somebody come in and they drank a cup of coffee with Grandma's ashes.
Speaker 3: I've heard story.
Speaker 4: No wait wait wait did they have to bring in a own grandma ashes?
Speaker 2: They brought an urn in and they had to like creamer inside, Like yes, let me say this to you. What do you ever have those moments where you're in a situation where you say something or do something you're like, oh, that really was not.
Speaker 1: A good idea.
Speaker 2: That was how I felt the entire time, and this thing was going on, so I was so I technically so I want you to know that when you think that me and Joe and Grandma Mary driving by what took place at this horrible situation for the Guthrie family, which, by the way, there's no way that that she's going to be found alive. The I mean, I hate to say it, it's really sad, but the ashes thing was definitely bad or worse.
Speaker 5: Was there no social media at that time or why don't we have it?
Speaker 2: There was justice, There was just the start of I think my space. My space wasn't usually meant for and stuff like that. Yeah, it was. It was bad. If I will tell you this, though, there's bad stuff that goes on nowadays. That would have probably been. Like I think we even did a parody song too. I think instead of Ice Ice Baby, we did ash ash Baby for a parody song. But it was But I will give you, guys, this the the perspective of that story. The people in Arizona, they don't even think of it anymore, like it's weird. Like I was asking people about Nancy and all this stuff. I'm like, did you guys you know what? And they all know where it is because that town is small, like it's a it's it's a million people or so a little over a million people because there's so many people that moved to Arizona. But it's really kind of a small town feel compared to especially like Phoenix, and everybody kind of knows, like where it happened, what happened, you know what.
Speaker 1: I thought that they would be.
Speaker 2: I would like, I asked, first off, now I know why grandma, why this happened to her? Chelsea's grand mom doesn't even lock her freaking front door. I'm like, you gotta lock the frunt door. You're you know now she is, I'm cranking. She's got Chelsea and I a couple of years back, bought Chelsea's mom and dad these cool doors. They're like they only have them, I think in Arizona or whatever. I don't know if you have them here. But you cannot like put an axe through the screen on the thing, like it's unbreakable. It will bounce off, like it will spring back on you. Interesting, but they have those on their doors to kind of keep you. You know, she got a regular doorknob that you turn, so it's basically like a screen door, and then the door is behind it that you close, so it's like a like a protective like does she have a door knob that's turns?
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 4: So you got to get her one of them polls. Oh, get her one of them poles.
Speaker 2: You ever have the like the sliding door and you put like the yea bottom of it. So all right, So I wanted to address that, and maybe later this morning we'll hear from some of the people that are complaining about this, because I I I would like to know what their thoughts are about the fact that I am a media representative, I'm a card carrying I actually had inside my wallet. I had my iHeartMedia media press thing that never gets me into a Pistons game.
Speaker 1: We had it backphend COVID happened.
Speaker 2: They gave us essential official media.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wanted you to interview somebody.
Speaker 1: There's nobody to interview.
Speaker 2: There's nobody there anymore, no police, police present, not at all, not anymore. I think they gave the house back to the family, so the family's not even there if they were staying at like a hotel or something. So oh god, I think that Lydia is going to inundate me now with people about the Nancy Guthrie.
Speaker 1: Yes, I wanted to drive by Nancy's house.
Speaker 2: By the way, it would I think that it's offensive to drive by Nancy's house. If I drove by with a real estate agent asking if I could purchase it now, that would have been yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Joe Joe Show came up with some ideas that I thought were pretty interesting, which I thought were pretty honestly a little scary. He thinks that we should actually have stopped and gotten a local psychic to come.
Speaker 1: By to see exactly where she was.
Speaker 2: That was one idea he came up, like, see if a psychic can like, you know, figure out where it is, because I'm surprised they haven't used psychic.
Speaker 1: You have to figure this out.
Speaker 3: They used to do that on like remember Montel Williams. You used to always have Sylvia Brown Yes on his show seriously and she would help like find, you know, try to find people that were missing. I think she did more than more than a few times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joe had some other ideas too.
Speaker 2: One of his other ideas us that we go visit the neighbors homes and walk up to the door and say, Hi, we're here from a local radio station. We would like to look around just to rule you guys out. As suspect. I thought they were actually kind of a good idea.
Speaker 5: Door getting slammed and that's why we're getting canceled.
Speaker 2: And then he said, what about a lemonade stand for all the media was there? Because there's a lot of media. Brian, are you there?
Speaker 5: Brian, Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 2: Are you mad that that we you know, my mother in law, Joe's grandma Joe and I drove by Nancy Guthrie's house.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not.
Speaker 5: I would have went myself out.
Speaker 2: That is not what I thought he was going to say so you so you would have driven by yourself?
Speaker 1: You're you're that nosy too. Huh oh yeah, you call.
Speaker 2: I kind of am too, like with most things, like I'm the type of person man, I'm like, Man, I got to see it.
Speaker 1: This is different though.
Speaker 4: This is different than driving down the street, seeing an accident, our police presence and turning your neck.
Speaker 1: You were there and.
Speaker 5: Different like Jeffrey Dahmer's house over there.
Speaker 1: I'm back, Brian, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I would go on that t m Z bus around Hollywood to go see all they do. They do it where they go buy Hollywood, like overdoses and things like that. So, Brian, thank you for having my back on that. I appreciate you.
Speaker 5: Brian, Hey, no problem anytime.
Speaker 2: This is who's listening to the show right there and Brian, that's what we got left. Vicky Hi, Vickier. Oh gosh, Vicky, are you a person complaining about this?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not complaining.
Speaker 1: I would have done it too.
Speaker 5: Complain where's the lady together? I think those are keyboard warriors and they're too afraid.
Speaker 1: I don't know there was coming.
Speaker 6: There's no there's no reasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, drive down a public street. It just so happens to be the one that her house is on.
Speaker 4: Not my fault, I don't know.
Speaker 1: My thing is like, what do you expect to see? You just kind of like I want to see the house.
Speaker 2: I want to get a perspective, you know what I mean, Like, I want to have a perspective.
Speaker 5: Put yourself in the situation. If that was your mom, how would you feel about people driving by your mom's house.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not there, so I wouldn't see it, because I remember we're.
Speaker 5: So you would be fine with it? Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I'd be fine with it as long as they don't bother the neighbors, you know. But you're probably right. I probably wouldn't be fine with it, But for the sake of this Anna, I'm going to be fine with it.
Speaker 1: Do you feel changed?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I knew what the place looked like. Yeah, something for you?
Speaker 5: Mojo was like, should we get out and take a picture?
Speaker 1: What's up? How you doing? Ben?
Speaker 3: Was it busy?
Speaker 6: Was there a lot of people there at the.
Speaker 2: Time we drove by. No, I think the stories kind of died down. I think that there's not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm curious because the news was saying that, you know, it's there's so.
Speaker 2: Many there's so much media, there's so many people there.
Speaker 6: But yet she lived in like a secluded neighbors. I wonder how mad her neighbors are.
Speaker 2: They have signs that say please, you know, respect the neighbors. They had three tents like those you know tents that we set up for our remotes. They had those set up across the way, and then they had news cameras from the big news national programs like the you know, Fox News CNNs and stuff like that. Those guys were there, but there wasn't like a barrage of media that was there.
Speaker 3: It was actually surprised even that is still there, because I just feel like there's really, unfortunately nothing to report about that story right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think, honestly, as the news goes, it's probably way back when what's up, Ash, how you doing?
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm just calling in. I would definitely go by her house to see it if I could. When I moved into my first apartment, somebody was murdered there or like went missing and I went over to his apartment or like just to see I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I was still he's still missing to this day too. So I don't know if you guys ever saw the missing Craig Lyles, but.
Speaker 1: I apartments at the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I passed out missing person flyers because my apartment did like no coverage on it at all. But I went over to the door and I saw, so.
Speaker 1: This was real what you see.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there was blood splatters by the door.
Speaker 3: I would be out of the apartment building so fast, doesn't it freak out to live there?
Speaker 5: That's recovering.
Speaker 6: That was like, this was in twenty twenty and I was like twenty years old, like my first apartment. It was terrifying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it that that was a big story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was I think that that was a story that was big in the news at the time. I wondered if misfit Tony was going to be uh banning the show from now on, because I know Tony sometimes is oh.
Speaker 1: Listen, I almost alienated y'all. But today I just bite Mojo.
Speaker 5: That is the nosiest white people's stuff.
Speaker 6: I've ever heard of.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? By that lady's house for what Mojo?
Speaker 2: I drove by just so I can get a perspective for you guys to be able to tell you what it was like.
Speaker 4: Bro, we don't give a damn Mojo listeners are black never.
Speaker 2: So you're saying, you're saying, that's a very white guys thing to do is drive.
Speaker 5: The widest thing to do ever.
Speaker 1: Oh that's funny. I never thought of that.