Speaker 1: The News Junkie starts now.
Speaker 2: It is Thursday, July ninth, twenty twenty six. Wats to get to today?
Speaker 1: From We Need your.
Speaker 2: Help to Graham Platner drops out after a really weird message. It could a new verdict mean the end of Facebook forever. Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text Sam more Selane is here, Happy Thursday and so are you welcome in friends? Send us a dispatch over at the Neewsjunkie dot com or the News Junkie app. Right now. You can also watch the show on YouTube man Twitch dot tv, slash the News Junkie. Your message is rolling right to the studio at a real time. Hows everybody doing on a Thursday?
Speaker 3: Pretty good?
Speaker 2: You did an Irish accent, and I was like, what did I say something?
Speaker 4: All us? I just wanted to say Thursday? Did I say Thursday? Did I say something? I'm gonna throw them off. I'm gonna make him double check everything he said. You know, I am anything out of line. I'm like, what was that? What he did?
Speaker 2: An Irish thing? Like, not that there's anything wrong with doing an Irish thing. It's totally fine. It's totally normal, but well normal ish I guess you could say, welcome in friends. On a Thursday here on the show, we have so many things to get into. We are going to require some of your help today. We want you to do something special with us here on the show.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 2: We'll talk a little bit about what that means and how you can be involved as we roll on with the show. Well, right now, let's get started as we always do. Let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers on the pulse, unless see what's happening to this great, big, wide world of ours. And we go to the baseball field. Everybody's that's right, Truest Park, Sea Lane, Truest Park. Some baseball action going on, and the baseball teams are playing baseball against the other baseball teams. As the organist decided to queue up one of the tried and true songs that everybody likes to sing along too, and it really is one of the best organists songs into things that happens on the field, into announcer calls in the history of sports. Get your spines ready, because they're gonna be a chill in here.
Speaker 4: We go.
Speaker 2: Batter steps up to the play.
Speaker 4: I'm take Me.
Speaker 1: Home, Country Roads, that's right.
Speaker 2: Also heard country Roads that he hit the country ball nice? I mean, come on nice the organist, which is that sort of a like a it's almost a lost.
Speaker 4: Art of playing the organ is it. No, it's not a lost art like you. I think people become organists because they like know how to play piano.
Speaker 5: Could you do it like you know how to play piano.
Speaker 4: I think it would take some practice with the amount of melody you play, because I I play better piano as an accompaniment to singing, right, So I don't like if I was playing country Roads, I would just be doing the chords and it wouldn't sound like country roads necessarily unless you know you were a musician. You knew that, right, But my right hand, like the on the organist job, his right hand has to play that melody by that's how you know what song it is. So it would take practicing. But I think it's it's people who like play piano or or learn, you know, keyboards in general, and then they go, hey, this this minor league team or this this community team needs an organ player, and you just kind of figure out that you can get little gigs here and move on from there. But I love it.
Speaker 2: Man, it's kind of like it's such a special unique sound. When they start playing something like that, the whole crowd starts singing country roads, yeah, and then boom, home run, and then the announcer goes right into it.
Speaker 1: Any the song.
Speaker 4: Anytime you can get a whole crowd to sing together, you know, I already I've already said on the show before that it gives me the chills. But if you're the one that's doing it, that's a that's a power feeling right there.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, And I would think so.
Speaker 4: And there's still a bunch of baseball stadiums and hockey uses the organ a lot. So there's there's a handful hockey teams use it. And there's a couple people on like Instagram, TikTok that universe who are organ players at these sports games that like have a gimmick where they kind of work in like popular songs and like like I'm gonna sneak in a little mister Brightside and then you know, yeah, and their channels are actually kind of fun to watch.
Speaker 5: I will tell you though.
Speaker 2: Everybody in chat is doing the very predictable thing of making all organ jokes.
Speaker 5: Your hand is on your organ Yeah.
Speaker 4: I got thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Thanks thought we could start off in a professional way here on the show. Never, no, not with you guys. It's just not gonna happen. It wasn't in the cards.
Speaker 6: Ri.
Speaker 4: I p to Bonnie Tyler.
Speaker 2: And I saw somebody said unexpectedly shock death.
Speaker 4: Bonnie Tyler. I saw the same thing, unexpected death, and I was like, ah, she was just in a coma.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was sitting there waiting because they said in the first flurry of stories it was Bonnie Tyler on death's door, Bonnie Tyler brain dead, brought Bonnie Tyler on life support, total eclipse of her heart is on.
Speaker 4: The way, and was she one of them? Where the family was like, no, she is not on death's door. So if there was somebody else recently that people said that about, I hears her family.
Speaker 2: It says from Bonnie Tyler's family, Bonnie's family and team are heartbroken to announce that Bonnie unexpectedly, they even said unexpectedly unexpectedly passed away last night in the hospital in Portugal as a result of the illness she was being treated for. We will issue a further statement shortly, but now we ask for privacy to deal with this tragedy. Now, as far as I know, she went in for a of surgery that didn't even seem like it was that big of a deal when you listened to the reasons why Bonnie Tyler was in for a surgery, and there was some sort of complications from that, right that, uh.
Speaker 4: I mean screwed up in that respect. I guess the whole story is an unexpected death because she was just in for something that seemed like a lesser thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did one of those medically induced comas for a surgery, you know how sometimes they'll put you under like that. That's what it was, because this is Bonnie Tyler, seventy four, was resuscitated after going into cardio cardiac arrest as doctors tried to bring her out of an induced coma, and she remains in the hospital in Portugal following medical emergencies. Then now obviously we got the update that she passed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's weird because it sounded expected to us because of all the other things that happened. But I guess if you take the entire story for what it is, it should have just been a routine thing. And then she gets out and recovers she.
Speaker 2: Had a rippin' in her intestine, a tear in her intestine, the total eclipse of the herd singer and I am even wearing my shirt today you are and tribute, you know, I'm wearing the I Turnaround Bright.
Speaker 5: Eye shirt from her.
Speaker 2: She was seventy four years old, but she had a tear in her intestines and she was doing a bowel surgery and they were also going to remove her appendix. I guess it was sort of an operation type situation, you know, like the game, and you know, the buzzer went off, she did not come back.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm glad you really to the point Home says the fact that it was the game, because if you hadn't, it's just every All of them are usually operation type situations and most of those surgeries.
Speaker 2: That's why I felt like I had to keep going with the comparison as far as I could.
Speaker 5: Then should have just done a mouth buzz Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So she unfortunately passed away after slipping into a coma there, but we'll keep an eye on any updates from the family and totally eclips to the heart.
Speaker 5: What was the other big one she had?
Speaker 4: You know what when she was in the coma before we did the same thing because they mentioned another song and I didn't know it. It was probably bigger overseas as she was Welsh lost in France.
Speaker 5: Bro, what is that more than a lover? It's a heartache.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, holding nat for a heat heron. Yeah, that's a good one, man, that's a good one. If you were a woman and I was a man, that's that's a weird that's a weird thing. And a lot of other great songs. So there you go.
Speaker 4: I don't think wait, holding out for a Hero is that the one you is?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 4: Is that what you were saying?
Speaker 2: So I'm holding up here, I mean from Footloose that's a big jam man, everybody nice and everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, I guess I just didn't realize that that song was called holding Out for a Hero.
Speaker 2: They say it like over and over and over again. Yeah, but I know, I know it is I.
Speaker 4: Need a hero?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, you would think about it because I.
Speaker 1: Need a hero.
Speaker 2: Yeah the boom boom, Yeah it's so good man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, classic stuff.
Speaker 4: Rest in peace?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Rip Bondie.
Speaker 2: Tyler, Uh, don't get your bowel perforated, don't get in that situation, not that you have much control over it, but let's see.
Speaker 5: What you have for us before we rip things wide open.
Speaker 2: We got lots of good drama, controversy, all the rest.
Speaker 5: Come join us today.
Speaker 4: Don't talk about bowel perforation and then say rip things wide open, Rip them.
Speaker 2: Wide open in there like the like the game operation, you know the thing tips of the news junkie dot com and Charles emails the show. Charles says, I'm tiny hands Jones on the app. Thank you, Charles. Good morning, Sean, see Lane, how are you. I was listening to yesterday's show on my way to work this morning, and I heard you guys talking about I tracking in cars. Yeah, this was the story that said in the European Union, European Union, so like you know, most of Europe.
Speaker 5: Uh, there are now.
Speaker 2: Official laws in place, in rules that say that every new car needs to be able to do facial tracking of the drivers. So all new cars in the Europe, in European in their marketplace, and then obviously very soon I would imagine we would follow in the United States. Probably we already have this with some cars. We'll track your face. And I said, how do people feel about that, Like, do you feel a little wary about your you know, your your car basically monitoring your face, videoing you all the time. I'm and Charles said, I was listening to yesterday's show My Way to work this morning, and I heard you talking about eye tracking in cars. I have a twenty twenty five high Undai or Hyundai Santa Fe that has autonomous driving capabilities and uses eye tracking when they're turned on. This thing is so damn annoying. I have chronic eye issues and have to wear sunglasses when I'm mountain bright sunlight because of how sensitive or not the eye tracking is in my Santa Fe. If I'm wearing my sunglasses or my regular glasses what transition lenses, the car thinks my eyes are off the road. As a result, if I'm doing this, I have to choose between cruise control or being able to see things. Because of this, I typically prefer to drive my other cars that.
Speaker 4: Don't have a self driving function not use the self driving function.
Speaker 2: I hope all cars do not implement this feature. Thanks for keeping us informed. To keep up the good work, Wiggles and Pops, says Charles.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Charles, I mean it seems like the cars are having the features. The two reasons I can think of for having a camera pointed at you in your car is a if you get in an accident, having that footage for insurance. And basically, if you're accused of driving in a manner where you weren't paying attention, where you were doing something else and you can and you can use your footage to prove that you were indeed eyes on the road everything was hunky dory, then that's good for you. The other thing would be the eye tracking to make sure you're not, you know, letting the car do all the work. Now, I am in favor of legislation and advancement and technology to let the car do all the work.
Speaker 2: This guy's political. Everybody was.
Speaker 4: I'm political. I just just want I want them to allow everybody else to enjoy the same freedoms that they're just giving companies like Waimo or Tesla. When Tesla gets that s together, you want, you know what you want? I think I want to leave my house in the morning and get in the backseat of my car, get a little work done while it drives me to work.
Speaker 2: And well, one thing that I think you want tell me if I'm wrong on this, Zu Lane. You want to be able to do all the things that your car can already do that you.
Speaker 1: Paid for oh one hundred, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like like the story is about, oh, there's a heater in your car, but you have to pay a monthly fee. That you've got auto driving capabilities in your car, but we're not going to.
Speaker 5: Let you use that.
Speaker 4: The fact that you would put a physical feature in a car and then gatekeep it under some subscription is wild to me and just just annoyingly insulting. And even though it seems a little dangerous, having some having a car like that and then having the company come around and say, no, you can't have this feature until you I asked for it would make me consider hacking the car, like like some sort of open source software that says, you know what we're this is really just a couple of lines of code.
Speaker 2: Here, here's your heaters, Amy says to tips to thethews Junkie dot com. Now I see what you guys were talking about yesterday. This is the headline I just saw on Yahoo News. We beat him again. We always beat everybody else, Amy, and she sends along an article about the Freedom Fuel gas stations, which reminds me. We had a dispatcher, a video dispatcher who I think went to one of them yesterday.
Speaker 8: Let's see here it is news Junkie Tarot's pilot reporting from the field. Freedom Fuel network does exist in the Philadelphia area. He's at one cents a gallon. Have a great day there you.
Speaker 5: Go, Thank you, Tarot's pilot.
Speaker 2: He went out to one of those Freedom Fuel locations and saw them yesterday. Where the gas is a supposed to be cheaper for I don't know how long.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It seems all very weird. There was a lot of secrets about what was going on here. But it's a gas station that partnered with the Trump administration to make gas what was it three four seven forty seven, Yeah, three forty seven, which is supposed to be cheaper than a lot of other places in Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: Okay, it is in some of them. I'm curious how long that last. I don't even know if there's an actual partnership with the Trump administration. I just know that they're tweeting about it. They're at least doing a little bit of advertising for them, right so it seems like something that would benefit them for sure.
Speaker 2: At the top of the hour, we were going to talk about something. We need your help, we want your help, we want you to do something with us today. We will talk about that at the top of the hour. I will get to when we come back. The most emailed story that I have received over the last twenty four hours. Of all the viral news stories, this one has coming probably fifteen to twenty times in the last twenty four hours. So I want to get to this story. You could put your guesses in on what story you think it is, because we're getting to that. It's coming up next on the News Junkie. See Lane, any idea what the most viral story of the last day or so has been that more people have emailed tips at the news Junkie dot com about than any other story at all. And he guesses, is it airplane related?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 5: Is it? Yes?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel like you might have seen this story out there somewhere.
Speaker 2: Is it from the weekend? It maybe from the weekend. I'm trying to figure out when this actually happened. It was from the week Oh yeah, yeah, it is from this weekend. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 4: Is it the plane that was landing and got hit by fireworks?
Speaker 2: It is not that story.
Speaker 4: Actually, I saw that on Sunday after obviously the fourth of July. Everybody's lighting off fireworks, and there was a plane coming in and they assumed like they felt a hit on their way in, and then they when they landed, they had to like go to the gate and have all the engineers or whatever, have the flight crew check it out. Because and I read that, I went, how is this the first time we're just hearing about this? How is it that we've never heard Because the access to fireworks that go high up in the air is pretty pretty common, I would.
Speaker 5: Think, so, yeah, this is I read.
Speaker 4: I read like I looked up, like, what's what is the average mortar that you could get, like a consumer mortar, and it set one hundred to four hundred feet. Now in my neighborhood, four hundred feet is fine, But I think the closer you get some of these airports, I wonder if they kind of curb their landings during peak firework time or if they adjust for that, because you would think that we would have heard about this before, or like any number of warnings that could send out to be like, listen, if you live within this radius of an airport, you should not be shooting off. You know, some of these some of these things.
Speaker 2: They go high enough that they can impact it obviously, you know, as we can see from this, but that's not it. Daniel emailed this. He was one of about a dozen people to email tips at the news junkie dot com.
Speaker 5: Sea Lane.
Speaker 2: Daniel says, Sean, did you see this story? A flight instructor in Argentina was training.
Speaker 4: On Yeah, we need to do this real quick, because well this is about the fourth of July thing, and only the fourth of July. I gotta get this out of the way. I don't wonder about.
Speaker 1: As you a guess.
Speaker 4: We're back on a lane through the dark?
Speaker 9: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you saying that this is unrelated? That song is unrelated to the story that I'm about to Yes, okay, okay, I see Sean. A flight instructor in Argentina was training a student in a Cessna, which, for those of you who don't know, is a smaller aircraft usually, and the flight instructor said, you know what to do, carry on and then hurled himself out of the plane without a parachute falling to his death. I'm guessing somebody else probably sent this in, but just in case, says Dan, Dan, you are right. That was the most submitted story over the last oh, I don't know, a couple of days. Actually, there was a ton of people who sent over this story about this flight instructor.
Speaker 4: Now I would just jumped out of the damn plane. To my point, I mean, the person was learning to fly. The student did land the plane. Uh huh yeah yeah, yeah, so yeah, at least they were far enough along in lessons. One of the weird things I read was that that flight instructor had done another lesson and flown with a different student earlier in that day.
Speaker 2: How do you feel if you're that student, You're like, oh my god, he didn't jump out during my fight.
Speaker 5: For some reason he did? Did he not think I was skilled enough?
Speaker 2: Maybe it was like this is uh, never mind, too edgy, I'll move on. It's sort of like a why didn't it happen to me?
Speaker 4: Thing?
Speaker 2: You know, if all the other kids got touched.
Speaker 5: And you didn't, Oh my gosh, okay.
Speaker 2: Right, here's the story from CNN Flight school pilot jumps to his death mid air, leaving a student to land the plane.
Speaker 5: So he's in this plane. Here's the guy.
Speaker 2: He's a young, good looking dude, Leandro Bertazzo. He's the guy who did this on the fourth of July, and he was flying around in a cessna and inside the sesna he is talking with the student and then he just jumps out. He says, like, you know what to do, and then he jumps right out of the plane. So here's the story from somebody without a paywall. Student pilot lands plane alone after flight instructor jumps to his death mid flight. Before jumping, the flight instructor reportedly told the student, you know what you have to do. Carry on, carry on, he says, and then woom right out of the plane and onto the ground. Leandro Andres Bertazzo is found dead.
Speaker 10: Some of the rest of them community are coming together to help the people.
Speaker 2: Of course, all the you news websites do not get me distracted by this. You are so terrible. You are so terrible with your auto play videos and your auto stream live streams and the videos that follow you down the page, and the website starts talking.
Speaker 4: We're gonna wait till you scroll away from the video or the button that can turn off the video. Yes, to start playing it. Hey, are you reading an unrelated story? Guess what, here's some audio from something else. I don't care if you're doing a radio show, which is you know what's happening here right now, or if you're just kind of hanging out and reading something on your phone and then all of a sudden, your phone's.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, your website.
Speaker 4: I've been going to restaurants in Denver. Well, have we got news for you?
Speaker 2: I don't care about your restaurants. I'm trying to read about leandro Bertazzo, for God's sake. He was flying a Sessa one fifty with a twenty two year old student. Of course there's a pop up. Of course there's a pop up when this happens. It was flying a Sessna with a I can't deal with it. I can't deal with it anymore. It's now redirected me to a story about Venezuela. Your websites are I didn't want to do.
Speaker 5: This story anymore. I don't even look at this.
Speaker 2: Look now it's sent me over to a story about Venezuela. Not more pop ups more. Now there we go, and your websites are in navigable messes to all of you local TV stations, even worse on mobile.
Speaker 5: By the way, I was like, oh, here.
Speaker 4: Goes a pop up.
Speaker 2: Hey have you ever seen this?
Speaker 1: Whoa?
Speaker 2: You didn't want the story in Espanol?
Speaker 4: Here it is an Espanol.
Speaker 2: Hey, here's this. Did you want to learn about the guy jumping out of the plane with the instructor? Too bad? Onto another story. Here's a paywall. My god, I'm going to the last last shot. Here student pilot lands playing alone after instructor jumps out mid flight. If I cannot get through this, If I cannot get through this, I am quitting today this and during this segment, I'm walking out. You're looking for a car in albuquerque' If this redirects or pop ups or something auto plays, I am learn this from a mechanic.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I am not doing it.
Speaker 5: I can't. I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't do it. I cannot do it anymore. It was a crazy story. You can only imagine what the person felt like who was inside this plane. And then the guy goes, you know what to do, and he jumped out. But undeniably, twenty two year old flight student had to landed right.
Speaker 4: She landed the plane on her own.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: The student, identified only by her first name Rosario, said that she told that the flight instructor said, you know what you have to do. Carry on. He took off his headphones, put away his cell phone, unfastened the seat belt, opened the plane door.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 2: Yeah, JOm Man. By the way, I didn't want to be amazed that it was a woman who landed the plane successfully. I know that there are many good female pilots. It's not like I get anxiety when I look up in the cockpit and see somebody who doesn't look like a traditional pilot.
Speaker 5: That doesn't happen to me. All right, I.
Speaker 2: Think women can fly, men can fly, Black people can fly, White people can fly. I didn't mean to say to Jews can probably fly. We'll sort that out later. We'll have to open that up to the community and ask them how things are going. But I did not want to seem amazed.
Speaker 4: But it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's just a young woman. And then do you give her the license right away? Do you immediately say.
Speaker 4: I think if she's trying to log enough hours to get to a certain spot, you know, or maybe the landing day it was coming up, and she's doing it earlier. I think you should be able to at least skip a couple lessons if you landed a plane by yourself because your instructor just opened the door and.
Speaker 2: What yeah, I mean just really trial by fire if there ever was anything like it.
Speaker 5: So let us know how you feel. Said.
Speaker 2: It's a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Craig emails the show. He says, hello everyone, Craig from Colorado. I like to discuss the recent situation involving the reporter from Miami and her off duty conduct. I often find my wishing that some of our more seasoned executives would recognize the evolving landscape, particularly concerning social media. I also wonder whether from a male perspective, we might not perceive an issue here. Perhaps for the sake of equity, the on air talent should consider wearing shorts exclusively, and Sean should do the show without a hat and solidarity of this lady, have a great day, Wiggles and Pops, says Craig. This was the lady and this was such a stupid story. We put this out on the show. If you missed it, go back to see it now on the website and other places where this is LinkedIn, you can see what we were talking about.
Speaker 5: But we talked about this woman.
Speaker 2: She was younger, successful news anchor, the evening news anchor for Channel ten in Miami, and her boss had been screaming at all the employees about being more professional and not acting like social media influencers. You got to take your job seriously, your serious journalists. And then she went to Fiji and posted a photo of her in this red bikini, and the guy melted down, and they're like, there's major drama apparently behind the scenes at this Miami television station, or at least at least allegedly there is. Maybe she's trying to make hay out of this. I don't know what's going on, but it's just absolutely ridiculous. You're right to say, obviously there's changing norms. Obviously, a young woman in her thirties or forties, which is you know, kind of target audience for a local TV station, is going to look at the photographs that this woman posted and not lose any respect whatsoever for somebody, and they go, wait, hold on, you're a journalist. What is even happening here right now?
Speaker 5: I can't. I could never watch Channel ten again.
Speaker 2: I agree that they need to move with the times, and sometimes the suits just don't want to do that. The executives are pretty dumb on this stuff. Let us know what you think. Send an email tips tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. Also real quick, Craig right, there is sent email also sent in ten gifted subscriptions over on the website. Ten gifted premium subscriptions over on the neews junkie dot com. Thank you, Craig, Thank you for that. But he's not alone. We had Tom with another ten gifted subscription. Yeah, unlocking secret shows for people just like you who are too poor to pay for it. Go over and gobble those up. And the last one was Rage DJ Rage with twelve twelve gifted subscription. Big support, everybody, big support.
Speaker 5: Thank you for that.
Speaker 2: You can go claim those, you have a couple of seconds to do it. It's free for you because somebody else picked up the tab and you can listen to secret shows. Tonight will be We always broadcast it live on the website on the news junki dot com at eight pm. There's a countdown time or an hour before you click a button. You could watch in full HD, you can beam it to your TV, you can watch on the Apple TV app, you can watch on various other apps. It's all right there for you, but you got to be a subscriber and you can get a gifted sub over at the news Junkie dot com. Thanks to those people. Big thanks Craig DJ Rage and also Tom. A couple more emails, Anonymous says too tips of the neews Junkie dot com. Anonymous publics employee here. Oh, we had somebody yesterday complaining about the raises that they got at Publics. They said it was too small, wasn't enough money? Hey, Sean, please give me anonymous. I wanted to give a different perspective on the email you receive from a public's employee. I work for publics corporate in it and in the time I've been here, I've received substantial raises every year on top of my already generous salary. I have an excellent work life balance. I receive an additional eight percent of my salary in public stock each year for retirement. We have extremely low turnover, and many of the people I work with have been here for twenty plus years and have millions in company stock. No company is perfect, but you can legitimately have a solid career at Public's true. True, and I agree. You just have to develop a skill set that is in demand and you'll be compensated. Compensated accordingly, says anonymous. Thank you for that. The other person who emailed yesterday emailed again, So let's work that in here, they said again, Please keep me anonymous. This was the original emailer. I'm not the greatest with words. You may have misunderstood my email. I email telling you about how Publics has a hard time keeping managers in full timers, and how Publics gives out raises once per year and this year for employees, they are topped out the raises just twenty cents, you said, who once agreed, but then explain, the more you pay someone, they're not going to work any harder, oh, I said. I used to agree that the more money an employee gets, the more output you'll get from them. Like, hey, man, if you double my salary, you're gonna get double out of me. I'm gonna put it in you triple my salary. I'm gonna do so much work it's gonna make your head spin. Then you saw, I said, from my experience with Selang, from my experience generally speaking, I said, I found that it doesn't really increase the work output of employees at all. And while it does give them a short bump in excitement about the raise and a short bump in appreciation for the job, that doesn't even last that long. So it's not really the greatest tool to keep the best talent around all the time. Starting salary is benefits are increasing salary over time definitely is, but like a big giant bump out of nowhere, does nothing to change anything for an employee as far as I've seen. He says, the whole point of my email is to say a public pays, and public's pays enough they will stay. Don't get me wrong, I love them, But why should I stick with a company where my top out is less than twenty dollars when the competitor I'm going to is twenty six dollars? Hint, the competitor is the most expensive supermarket. You mentioned it a couple of weeks ago. Sean, you are awesome. Thank you for everything. Thank you anonymous. Look, you're all welcome to have a say on the show. And so the emails and the dispatches are for and that's what we get into them. Will work in more during the show today quick break, when we come back, we'll get into maybe the most cringe video that you are going to hear all week long, maybe the most cringe video you're gonna hear all week long. And I'm gonna play that for you. It's coming up next in the News Junkie. This is probably the most cringe clip of the day, I think, And I just have to play this for you because the world of political clips is just a giver these days. I saw somebody who had they were walking along in a political ad. They're walking along the sidewalk and they had like an AI version of their opponent that they had, like talking trash and like doing embarrassing stuff. And oh my god. Now with AI and these other tools, you could do all sorts of stuff. But you don't even need AI.
Speaker 5: Some of these people don't need AI.
Speaker 2: This is Marcia Blackburn, who she's running for governor of Tennessee, I guess, and I don't know much about her, but the video that I saw for maybe you guys like this. Tell me if you like it, tell me if you hate it. That's what we'll see from you as you're watching over on YouTube and Twitch and listening on this station. Let me know if you love it or hate it. That's what we're looking for. Here is her ad, and you'll notice very quickly it is not friendly to China.
Speaker 5: She's not very happy with China.
Speaker 2: All it doesn't have isn't happen with China, and she made an ad about here it is.
Speaker 4: How hard am I gonna crack down on China?
Speaker 1: Well, here's a clue.
Speaker 12: Marcia Blackbury worked with President Trump to take on timmyis Oh my Musha will fight to protect Tennessee from China.
Speaker 2: Okay, stop, she's just so you guys know. She's crumbling up Fortune cookies as her example of China. So cringe. Which There's a lot of things I could say. One thing is I think they might have used some AI in this. I hope the AI is not of Chinese origin because that would that would show some hypocrisy here.
Speaker 4: It's been funny, I think.
Speaker 2: Also, I'm wary of China, right, the Chinese Communist government. I'm wary of China and their influence on the United States of America via social media platforms. Wharping young minds with their content. I don't know what's going on there, but why are you using fortune cookies as your stand in for child?
Speaker 1: Beat them, crumble them to death?
Speaker 4: I mean, aside from aren't fortune cookies kind of an American invention?
Speaker 5: I think the.
Speaker 2: Invention Brissett an American invention. I don't think if anybody's watching in China, I think they're like, what, oh, this is silly, Like this is not this is not a representation of US. I can't think of an equivalent, Like what would be the equivalent of a Chinese person mashing up during their political commercial Hamburgers, I guess, but not Hamburgers because we were well, we didn't really invent Hamburger's, right, Maybe that would match up. She's so anti China that Marsha Blackburn wants to show you that she's going to take it out on these fortune cookies?
Speaker 4: How hard am I gonna crack down on China?
Speaker 12: Well, Marcia Blackburn worked with President Trump to take on conomist China.
Speaker 2: Also super hilarious that she may have paid an actual Chinese restaurant to film this commercial inside of their establishment, because she's surrounded by soy sauce and you know Chinese food menus.
Speaker 4: I think maybe she found a restaurant that had a decent amount of red in it. Yeah, and then it looks like they may have just haphazardly hung up some some things with Asian lettering on it. I see some like maybe lantern look at things in the back.
Speaker 2: They got those cats ceiling, you know where like you get the cat's paw and then the cat's pauw keeps going over and that they got done.
Speaker 4: And then maybe just bought a lot of kiko men. Like if she really did like go out reach out to a Chinese restaurant to try to do this, I mean that's kind of like insulting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are they doing? What is she recording? And then you look over and he is, oh my god, she's just trashing China. They probably don't even like China. They're living in the United States of America. But you can say they have issues with China, Chinese policy, the Chinese government, the Chinese Communist Party, Chinese intervention in Africa, like a million things, a billion things.
Speaker 4: You had a lot of those holsed up.
Speaker 2: But well, I mean, yeah, I've got more. I got problems with your I love the Chinese people though, right, Like I kind of dig Chinese Chinese culture and I don't.
Speaker 5: Mind Chinese food and that.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of dopey, like, go after the Chinese politicians. Yeah, there we go, Okay, you know the premiere of China. Go after the president, Go after the people who are in charge instead of crumbling up a very American invention of fortune.
Speaker 12: Sure, we'll fight to protect Tennessee Land from Chinese funt company close you can smashing them, hunt down every communist who tries to defy us.
Speaker 2: It doesn't take a fortune cookie to figure it out here in Tennessee, We're going to stop communist China and protect Tennessee Land.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Was that a gong? Was it gong and they went to the cat.
Speaker 2: Thing hold on Tennessee Land?
Speaker 5: Jesus man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Man, Do you have to do political commercials like this because people are dopey? You You could definitely there's a lot of people out there who this argument might resonate with and they'd be like, yeah, I am worried about that. Yeah, I'm worried about the fall off of the popularity of capitalism and democracy as a means to success in the United States of America, specifically amongst young people I am. I like to talk to those young people as a result of that. I like to tell those young people that a lot of the stuff they've heard is going to lead to far worse outcomes for them. But I don't think I'm going to get through to them by crushing a bunch of fortune cookies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, at less, I'm really missing the point here.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, my other thing is, and I don't live in Tennessee. I don't know much about what's important to Tennesseans. But is the Chinese gobbling up their land one of the things that's really like on the docket there? I don't know.
Speaker 5: See, like this is what all the politicians do.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I want you to lead our town, our city, our state, our country. Those are the things I want to vote for you to lead. I want you to lead our stuff. But when I hear them talking, I often hear stuff like this like China, and then if it's a left wing person, it'll be all about Israel or Gaza's Like, hey, I care about America. I think most people do, honestly, at.
Speaker 4: Least in her case, the land part of it makes a little bit of sense, Like that's the thing you could focus on locally, because when you just get on TV and you go I'm going to protect Tennessee from China, you go, well to that is a US versus China thing, not a Tennessee versus China thing. Like I don't need my governor to make sure that the things are okay in Gaza. I need my governor to make sure things are okay in Florida. Yes, right, like yeah, or wherever you're from. For God's sake, let us know what you think about this. Maybe it works, maybe it's resonating with you. Maybe you think that was genius. Maybe you hated it. The world is phil of dimphering crackle of those fortune cookies just made me more and more surging with patriotism.
Speaker 2: Tell us what you feel after hearing that Over at thenewschunky dot com right now, some of the response says, Yo, you are not only racist, you are a moron and a coward. First, fortune cookies are not Chinese. Second, why no town halls? Maybe because you have no plausible arguments for your policies. You're an embarrassment to Tennessee. This person, says blue Wave rider. Though, so they sound a little partisan just from their name. That's great, But why are my groceries four hundred dollars? Says VJ, which you know, fair hippie patriot says, but you're okay with a surveillance state that monitors are biometrics while driving our own vehicles, You're an effing hypocrite. People are big mad about the car stuff. I'm telling you, we tuned into something there pretty early, Like people don't want their cars scanning their faces, and like Europe just said, they want twenty four to seven, when you're driving your car, there is a scanner on your face, and then eventually, obviously the police would get access to that and any kind of investigation that was going on. I would guess I wonder how people really about this, and I want to hear from more of you. But I also see another story. Might as well put this in While we're talking about China. The Senate Commerce Committee is going to take up legislation next week that would completely ban Chinese vehicles and they're connected components from the American market. Now we have to worry about the second part of that, because if we say and their connected components.
Speaker 5: That's a little loose.
Speaker 2: Do you mean anything that could gain access to the Internet, because that's one thing. Do you mean anything that's made in China, because I got to think most American cars must have something that's made in China inside.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean is it anything that's connected to the car or like you said, connected to the Internet. The latter sounds more plausible, as that's what had been going on in like the drone world, where they kind of said they weren't going to improve anymore. You know of these the Chinese drone manufacturers because they think it's all a spy in Yeah, this says from qz dot com. The legislation would prohibit the importation, manufacture, sale, and resale of connected vehicles, software, and hardware linked to China or other foreign adversaries. They would also empower the Commerce Department to identify and block high risk vehicle technologies. Some of this I like.
Speaker 2: Some of this, I don't. Let me tell you very quickly, very very very very quickly. When you block imports of other vehicles to your country, it can be a good thing in some ways. One I think the American companies that build cars should get some preference because I think that America should be the focus for American policies. All right, going back to the other stuff, I think that that could be a good thing. Also, just so you know, China bans the import of a whole lot of American vehicles, So hey, what's good for the goose, the gander and all of that stuff. But the other thing is, sometimes you could just tear iff the hell out of the auto imports, and then it makes them way more expensive than the American vehicles. But we still have the option of purchasing them if we wanted to. I never know what people really want. Would liken those circumstances. Would you rather have cheap Chinese cars and then we lose some competition with the American car dealers. Maybe you don't really like them. Would you rather have the cheap Chinese cars? Or would you rather say no, we have to protect American jobs. How do you feel about that? Hit us up tips tips at the Newsjunkie dot com Quick break back with we need your help. We need your help with something. We're going to talk about this. It's coming up next on the News Junkie. All Right, we have a lot of things to work through on the show today, but we want your help. We want your help today. We're going to need somebody to step in and our friend, that mortgage guy Don is out.
Speaker 5: He's blasted off.
Speaker 2: He's gallivanting around the globe enjoying himself for a hot second in here, and we're gonna be playing Fritz on the Street in about an hour, but we need one of you to join us via zoom. Is that we're gonna do, Yes, that's all right. We need one of you to join us. If you want to play Fritz on the Street with us, you're gonna stand in for that mortgage guy Don. You're gonna hang out for the segment. You're gonna play the game. You're gonna be here. If you win, you get an amazing prize and you even get to pick somebody else to represent in the game. You could be in on the action.
Speaker 4: And ourselves on account of wanting to win the prize.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess that's yeah, So they should just represent themselves and we'll fight for somebody else since we can't get the prize ourselves. Yes, all right, so you fight for yourself, but actually on zoom beaming into.
Speaker 5: The studio to join us, today.
Speaker 2: All right, if you want to participate, start waving your hand around out there and we're going to connect with you. You can email me tips at the Newsjunkie dot com and say I would like to play Fritz in the street.
Speaker 5: I would like to stand up.
Speaker 4: I would like you should play Fritz on the street.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're gonna pick one of you and we will send you a link to join us via zoom to participate in the game live today, stepping in for that mortgage guy don If you're interested, email now tips at the news Junkie dot com. We will pick one person and they will play along in the game. Maybe you've said all along, I think I could kick their asses at this, Well, today's the day put up her shut up Tips at the news Junkie dot com. One of you will get a response with a zoom link so that you join us in the show today. We need your help and we'll see if you're going to step up in just a bit on the show. I've seen so many things like this, I just want to address it quickly. There's a lot of stuff that is fake, a lot of fake fake, fake hate bait and like you know, rage bait type content that people fall for. They're getting a little more clever with it, and I want you to be aware of this too. I've told you this so many times. When you see a video that's going viral online, let's say it's on Facebook or you know, Instagram or one of the mains. When you see a video going viral, think why did this video start here?
Speaker 5: Why did it end where it ends? What is going on?
Speaker 2: What are the potential motivations of the people who are filming versus the people being filmed? What did I miss? What else could be happening here? What is the context and nuance? You're smart. I know you are, because you have a big mind, a big brain. You listen to this show, and you're probably a very curious individual if you listen to this show. So I'm trying to always get you in that mindset. So you see the clip and you go, well, hold on, what do we know?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 3: We don't know?
Speaker 5: What's going on? Who's the good guy, who's the bad guy.
Speaker 2: But some of these things just get people so fired up, and then they just start commenting and it makes me do the You're not happy, man, You're not happy meme?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: I think about that I think about this because I see people raging over clips like this. I'll play it in its entirety. You tell me what's actually going on?
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 7: I just got rejected from Target. Really, are you kidding me? Right now?
Speaker 14: I can't work at Target. All I want to do is stock shelves for fifteen dollars an hour. That's the bare minimum, and you won't hire me. I have ADHD, I have top tier organizational skills, and I'm timely for everything. Okay, all I need is a job to get me out of debt and Target won't hire me. What does that say about our job market right now? If I wasn't making content for brands on the side shift app right now, I would have no money. I would have nothing, and I have been able to make money from home. Why do I even want a job at Target at this point? Is this normal? Have you guys experienced this too? I'm tired of applying to jobs just to get denied. If you know of any place that's hiring, please let me know.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's so much in this. The person who came up with this is a genius. They're a genius. But I want to tell you what's actually going on. Let me turn it up a little Was it hard to hear?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 5: Is a little quield, all right.
Speaker 2: I'll turn it up just a little bit, just in case if somebody couldn't hear it. Now, this is a woman who just because many of you can't see this, I'll screenshot it and put it up on see it now during the break. But many of you can't see this. This woman is covered in tattoos. She has tattoos all over her body. She's wearing a tank top and you can just see tattoos all over her. She has tattoos on her fingers, on her neck, she has different color nail polish on different fingers. She has a lip piercing, she has gauges in her ears, she has a pierced eyebrow. So the look that she's presenting leads people, like somebody in her YouTube to say, she looks like a problem, right, But that's all by design. You're smart enough.
Speaker 4: I know you know this.
Speaker 2: I know you know this.
Speaker 5: That is all by design.
Speaker 2: This is a carefully orchestrated video meant to get you angry. Why because it's undeniably, undoubtedly an advertisement that is alle hundred percent what we are listening to here, I'll play it again.
Speaker 5: We'll go over this.
Speaker 2: So first she talks about how she's not Target material.
Speaker 7: I just got rejected from Target. Really, are you kidding me?
Speaker 14: Right now?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 2: When she does that, she's up in the camera lens. So the clue in many of these things is how good are they at debate?
Speaker 5: If you know how to make these videos.
Speaker 2: I've had many of my short videos that get millions and millions of views on TikTok, on Facebook, on Instagram. I've been going viral with videos since viral was viral, right, I've been in this world, so I know these things, all right. That's at least what I could put forward is my expertise on this. This woman starts directly in front of the cameras, so all you see is her facial piercings and her tattoos everywhere, and she's luring you in to her saying, I just got denied at Target.
Speaker 14: Work at Target, all I want to do is stockshelves for fifteen dollars an hour.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 2: Then they purposely work in fifteen dollars an hour so that some people will be like, damn, they pay fifteen dollars an hour to start at publics and they'll be an argument about I'm sorry. At Target, they'll be an argument about the fifteen dollars an hour part of this that's all intentional too.
Speaker 14: Your minimum, and you won't hire me. I have ADHD, I have top tier organizational skills.
Speaker 2: Now we've completely shifted, and she's going to target another.
Speaker 5: Audience for this video, which is people.
Speaker 2: Who have ADHD who'll be like, oh my god, me too, sister, Yeah, absolutely, go off, Queen, I definitely am. I'm the same way you would be such a valuable asset. And then you've got the people in chat right now that are saying I can fix her, etcetera, etcetera, all of these things.
Speaker 14: Timely for everything. All I need is a job to get me out of debt, and Target won't hire me.
Speaker 2: Okay, now we've worked in debt, all right. This is all by design. Is the perfectly written script that's happening here that she is reading. So now it's like, oh, you're in debt. You're trying to fight out what do you have debt for?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: Student loan debt? Would you get some ridiculous arts degree that's never going to all of those things are men conversation.
Speaker 7: What does that say about our job market right now?
Speaker 2: Now she's shifted the goalposts and the target audience once again, What does that say about our job market right now?
Speaker 4: So people who.
Speaker 2: Don't like the current president of the United States of America can go, oh, yeah, I mean the job market sucks, or people who are just overall disillusioned with the job market will respond to be like, yep, tell me about it. Sis to go off, queen, absolutely please don't take those clips. And I got the first one that that's yet another thing that's going on. Here's your biggest clip.
Speaker 14: If I wasn't making content for brands on the side shift Operate now, I would have no money.
Speaker 7: I would have nothing.
Speaker 2: Okay, So she's still putting this in her plea, her poverty plea, which is another powerful argument that she can make, and she's put in the plug for the actual commercial there, like, I'll tell you what, so tough out there. If I wasn't just making money hand over fist on the side on the on this blank app I'd be in really tough shape right now.
Speaker 7: If she keeps going and able to make money from home, all.
Speaker 2: Right, why is that valuable because she's pitching to you. She's like, You're like, well, hold on here, I can make money from home. I can utilize this app to do this.
Speaker 7: Do I even want a job at Target? At this point? Is this normal? Have you guys experienced this too, because.
Speaker 2: I'm talking so listening for questions jobs just.
Speaker 7: To get denied. If you guys know of any place that's hiring, please let me know.
Speaker 2: And then the here are what are the places that are hiring for people who are on her side or not on her side? To solicit all sorts of other comments. This is one thousand percent. Trust me, You can believe me if you want to. I know what I'm talking about here. This is one thousand percent what's going on with this video. But it doesn't matter because it's going to get the intended result. It has already. It's got millions of views on different platforms, it's got tons of comments on all these platforms, and many people will get to the core of it, which is, oh, hey, I too have had problems with this. Oh I too thinks this sucks. Oh there's an ad in here. I can make money from home and I could just like talk about some products and make cash. That sounds fantastic. That is how this stuff works. Flats Fisherman says, where are you going on the internet to even see this garbage?
Speaker 5: Sean?
Speaker 2: This is on every major platform today. I don't know if you're a boomer, how old are you, Flats Fishermen, you might, you might not be in the mix. But this is on TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, all of them with millions of views and tons of comments. And Steve says, I don't want to give this nonsense any attention. It doesn't matter. It's already getting the attention because it's perfectly organized to target that. But it's fake. I guarantee you it's fake. It's an ad, and it is taking something. What's putting on display, in my opinion, is it's putting on display how easy it is to manipulate us how to take certain tax and put things out there to get a response. Usually it's for gambling websites, but this time it's for something else. And this is all too common. I wonder, you see all the time.
Speaker 4: I wonder if she did one important step in this whole thing to cover her ass, what's that apply for a job at Target?
Speaker 2: So somebody calls out to me back, look, okay.
Speaker 1: Here it is.
Speaker 4: If I were Target right now, I'd be like, hey, do we have any proof that this young lady applied for a job and was denied for a job for fifteen dollars an hour or whatever? Did she even put in an application? Because if she didn't, that would be a great case for Target.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be flat, says everything you're saying is obvious.
Speaker 5: It's not.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's quite obviously not obvious, which is why this stuff works. For instance, here's one of the reactions. This woman made a video complaining about the fact that Target didn't hire her. It's not the job market, it's not ADHD, it's not fifteen dollars an hour is too low. It's the face full of piercings, the elongated earlobes stretched out with giant gauges, and the tattoos. That's the presentation she chooses to bring to a job interview in a major retail chain. Target still has standards most employers do. They want people to look like they respect the job, in the brand. Bla bla blah blah blah blah. You know, all of this is roped in to the intentional you know, the intentional ploy to get people to respond. Target dodged a bullet. This person says, I wouldn't hire you to shovel s with the way you look. This person says, wasn't obvious to all these people by the way bad appearance or for corporate retail standards. Entitled attitude looks down on work being applied for mentions add in the positives column, not being laid is the bare minimum, not something to hang your hat on. I can go over and over and over to endless amounts of people who have responded this thing. They're all very very upset. Some of them are grifting on their own. But this is life on social media, all right. And the fact is you got to think about this whenever you see all of these videos out there, because it's just a reality of life.
Speaker 4: I think what really lost my belief in her video was like, I Target wouldn't hire me. I really need the money. I just need fifteen dollars an hour. Target wouldn't hire me. I make enough money. Why do I even need a job at Target. I don't want a job at Target.
Speaker 2: I'm like, whoa, whoa, definitely not getting a job at target.
Speaker 4: This meant like what the one eighty there after you got your plugin kind of went oh wait, this is not what it seems to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of people reacting to this. Scott says, she succeeded. She got you to talk about it. I mean, come on, you, guys, Scott, you're smarter than this. You are legitimately, I know you're smarter than this. I don't know if you're just trying to get a little attention during the segment or something. But one thing is very obvious. This is not something that comes natural to people online. They take everything is real, whether they're old or young, they fall for these things. The second thing is when you see things like this, these particular people are indeed getting paid for them. And my intention is to go in the opposite side of all of this traction and tell people, hey, before you respond, realize every once in a while that you might be helping them out.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: You might be like, ah, this is stupid bitch, and then you send a comment. You might be helping her out because every one of those comments, you think, if it's a bad comment, the algorithm is like, well, this is a negative comment, So let's don't vote this video and let's bring it into obscurity. No comments, whether they're good comments, bad comments, mean comments, nice comments, they all show the algorithm that there's some sort of engagement going on. So to me, it's a valuable thing to speak about that and tell people, especially young people, especially old people, about how we need need to be considering these things.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 2: Give me your thoughts tips at the news junkie dot com. It is hot out there, everybody, beware they're they're trouting. I know it's hot when they're bringing out the feels like temps. That's what they do this time of year when they make the map that makes it look like the end of the world has arrived. See from Channel two in Orlando. It says one hundred and eight degrees one hundred and nine hundred and eleven in Wildwood, one hundred and seven in Melbourne, and the state is just you're dying out there, you're melting. If this is happening, everybody is dead. Everybody's dead, says this afternoon ninety seven. I've got it at ninety one right now. Maybe it's hot or where you are, but be careful out there. You will survive despite what they want to tell you, unless you're really, really old and you're in France or something, you'll be just fine. But I wanted to get that out there because it's one of those days, folks. You're gonna see it all over. We're going to take a very quick break right here. When we come back, we're gonna hear from you. We're gonna get to your dispatches, your responses, all of that good stuff in I got a story that I want to talk about next out of Texas, and I didn't even know that this was a potential threat to all of us, but it is. So we're gonna discuss this, and I'm gonna play this young man's story for you. It's gonna change the way you think about things. And it's coming up next in the news Junkie. Now, the question I have to start this discussion off is when you were young, did your parents ever warn you about stuff during lightning storms, like don't talk on the phone. Oh my god, are you are you calling your friend? There's a storm going on. Get off the phone, Sean. My parents would say this, or they might they go, you're thinking about taking a bath right now? There is a lightning storm sean, you're going to die. You're gonna get struck by lightning. I don't know if it worked that way in your house ceiling, but my parents were always warning me about the ways I was gonna get struck by lightning. Inside of the house. Bath time was a no go during a lightning storm. Was that legit? I'm gonna get into the story that makes this all make sense in a second, but was that like a legitimate concern.
Speaker 4: I feel like we've brought this up before, and there has been I don't know, there has been like mixed reviews on whether or not it's happened. I feel like getting struck by lightning in that manner is very much a freak freak freak accident.
Speaker 2: My parents would tell me you could be in front of the TV Sea Lion, and if you were too close to the TV, the lightning could come through the television screen and zap me in front of the TV.
Speaker 4: I think was the most nonsensical one.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: I think so talking on the phone makes a little sense because the phone did carry power. That was how there was an amount of power that ran through the classic telephone line.
Speaker 2: UH.
Speaker 4: And the power if the power raised up to a certain voltage. That's what made it ring, and then when you picked it up, the power drops and that's how the power the phone company knew to start billing you if you were doing long distance all that kind of stuff. But obviously now talking on a cell phone is not going to attract the lightning.
Speaker 2: But people still do that. Somebody said in chat when I was talking about this getting everybody ready during the break, somebody said, yeah, I have a friend who still won't talk to me on the phone, like even on a cell phone. I think was what they were talking about. Because it's storming outside, that lightning that's a little paranoid. Some of the arguments I've heard for the the like, if.
Speaker 4: You're in the shower, jeez, oh you didn't this was really coming to you eye today.
Speaker 2: I did not want to do that. This is everybody's auto playing me. I my apologies, go ahead.
Speaker 4: One of the arguments I heard for the shower thing is that when you're showering, the stream of water hitting you is not necessarily a direct like unbroken stream, so it would be hard.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the electricity can't ride on it because it's broken.
Speaker 4: Uh kind of. But I've also heard that argument for being on on on live wires, and I still don't want to chance it.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna have to try that during the show tomorrow. We're gonna get a live wire and Sea Lane is going to urinate on it to see if this is true. In the meantime, we'll tackle this story that.
Speaker 4: All something maybe just like like a nine volt, like licking a battery to see if it's got juice in it. Can we do that much? And then maybe I'll be on that. Here's what happens, Sea Lane, and they so know all fun shown. I'm down, But let's get to this first, because this is what actually happened to this young kid in Texas.
Speaker 2: And maybe my parents were right about the danger here.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 16: It's not unusual this time of year, we're talking about thunder and lightning, but what happened to one boy near Houston certainly was unusual.
Speaker 4: As he described it, the odds are like one in a million.
Speaker 1: ABC, Sanabatah has won that.
Speaker 16: This morning, a teenager outside Houston, Texas sharing his story after being electrocuted by lightning while inside his home.
Speaker 2: All right, so he is inside his house, lightning storms going on. It's the thing that we've heard so many times from our parents, you're gonna get struck inside. But it really happened to him, and here's how it happened.
Speaker 16: Thirteen year old Lads Griddan was playing video games on his computer.
Speaker 17: Super Gigantic Boom, and I got super scared.
Speaker 1: I jumped up.
Speaker 17: I also had a shock on my stomach, so I just started screaming.
Speaker 16: Officials say, lightning his home and traveled through the wiring.
Speaker 18: Oh, it blew a hole in his wall. So the lightning hit this kid's house, starts going through the wiring, blows a hole in his wall. He was playing video games, like in the middle of the video game, he gets hit. Parents, take this video, show it to your kids tonight, and then every time you want them off their video game thing, go hey, I think there's a lightning storm coming. I need you to get off of Minecraft. We need to stop playing this, we need to get away from it. Legitimately, this could be a good tool for you because it really happened to this so caam.
Speaker 16: We believes the lightning then flowed through a metal part of his desk, which was touching his skin. It's like one in a million or something experts say during a lightning storm, stay away from anything metal.
Speaker 12: The safest thing might be to sit in the middle of a room and read a book.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, go hold on, that's tap the brakes, grandpa.
Speaker 1: Good laugh.
Speaker 2: The safest thing might be to sit in the center of the room and read a book. The kids aren't gonna buy this. They're they're not going to be into that. I don't think that's what you gotta do. You gotta unplug all your stuff. You got to sit silently in the center of the room. Because you've been dealing with it. You've seen all these afternoon thunderstorms all across the United States.
Speaker 4: Afternoon my ass, last night's was a long one. That was bad too, right, that was very percussive last night. What were you doing while this storm was happening watching Well, let's there was a long time for the storm. Most of it was watching TV because I think wedbelievable. Mostly put Jackson to bed. Dangerous. You could have gotten zapped by the lightning. You need to turn off the television, get in this center of the room, and read a book. That's how you have to handle this. For God's sake, Actually, this is going to sound sadder. I probably would have been more zapped by the couch, the television. I was traveling through all the all of the means. But the thing that we just saw in that person's house, could that be a result of bad wiring, because maybe typically I think, I don't think all houses are supposed to have lightning rods or something, but a lightning rod I think would have helped their situation there. It would have been blowing through the drywall. Is that how that works us?
Speaker 2: If you have a lightning rod on top of your house, it will strike that and then it will not hit the other stuff.
Speaker 4: The lightning rod should be grounded. It should go straight to the ground because lightning, like all electricity, follows the path of least resistance. So you have something that attracts electricity attracts, you know, the lightning, and then is just wired straight down to the earth, and that's that's what should keep all of the rest of your stuff from getting fried.
Speaker 5: We're getting a lot of dispatches on this.
Speaker 4: I'm wrong.
Speaker 5: I'm going to play a couple of them.
Speaker 2: If you're an expert on this, you know more about it, please let us know with more dispatches.
Speaker 5: Back to the story from ktr.
Speaker 3: K The electrical things are dangerous.
Speaker 16: In rural Illinois, a reminder of the power of lightning.
Speaker 4: She didn't have a way of walking in the room.
Speaker 3: She was just god oppress.
Speaker 16: Aery Kinsley Sheidah was struck and killed while getting off a swing in her family's backyard, the storm still appearing far off in the distance. Her grandfather says, there was no time to react.
Speaker 4: He said, you started to rumble, and he said, hey, you do get off now, and turned around and just like that.
Speaker 16: And in Florida, a Seminole County deputy is recovering after lightning indirectly struck him while he was touching a gate. He was taken to a hospital but was conscious and alerts.
Speaker 2: All right, So that guy's touching a gate, it gets struck, you know, hit some the young girl she's outside. These ones make more sense to me. But inside your house, playing your video games and getting blasted by lightning is not something that I would have expected. But a lot of you are suggesting that this is something you've experienced at some point. So let's go to a couple of those dispatches. Record yours at thenewsjunkie dot com. Or in the news junkie app. Right now, here's the Mighty Flounder.
Speaker 15: I don't know if this I'm still on the app. I'm still on the old Agent app.
Speaker 2: Update.
Speaker 15: Man, you were talking about lighting about fifteen years ago. I was playing Xbox in a lightning store because I'm stupid with a wired controller, not wireless, and at the same time, the power went out at my house. I received a painful electric shock made me throw the controller.
Speaker 10: Now, whoa, I'm a twenty year electrician.
Speaker 15: I was only about a five year electrician at that time, but I know what an electric shock felt like, and that was it. I don't think I got hit with the lightning bolt. I think my house got struck by lightning and I just got some of the residual effects of it.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it hurt.
Speaker 2: You are not alone. A lot of people that are talking about this. Here is Dingo, what up news junkie Dingo.
Speaker 6: Here, I just want to chime in real quick about the thunderstorm in my house was whatever you do, don't talk on the landline during a thunderstorm because the lightning will come through that phone and shock you in the ear. I never believed it, but then I was watching I think it was season one A Stranger Things, and it totally happened. Come on, and my parents were right all this time.
Speaker 4: Go figure.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we have to be wary of the upside down, but I think we should be wary of what could happen here one more, here's aj ajsuit.
Speaker 1: Hey junkies.
Speaker 19: Right, So, when I was a little kid, I lived in the Midwest. I lived up in the middle of central Illinois, and we had a huge storm, a big lightning storm and everything like that. And my mom was never a big you know, like, oh, beware of the lightning. You know, we never really took precautions or anything like that. Inside the house. It wasn't a big deal. We didn't unplug things or anything like that. But our house did get struck by lightning. And my sister and I were sitting in the living room watching TV and the lightning came and blew out the front of the TV.
Speaker 1: So that actually did happen.
Speaker 2: Can happen.
Speaker 19: And my mom was downstairs taking a shower and she got zapped in the shower, so it can happen.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 19: How often or you know, if that was just an anomaly, but I do remember that happening when I.
Speaker 2: Was a child. Well, judging by the feedback we're getting, it's not that incredibly rare throughout somebody's lifetime to experience at least a close call. It could be that this is more of a danger than a lot of people think. Let us know what your experience is. Go over to the Newsjunkie dot com thenewsjunkie dot com. Over there on the website, you can record a video or audio dispatch and bam, you're on the show, just like that. All right, Thank you to everybody for the big support. The gifted subscriptions, I think those are almost all gone. You might be able to claim some of them thanks to the generous oilers out there who are joining us. Oh there's a couple left. Hang on checking right now. Now there are six left. Claim them now and be on board with a premium subscription to the News Junkie over on the website thenewsjunkie dot com, Tips, dispatches, all of that is incoming. It's how you join us on the show, and it's all available right there on the website or on the app.
Speaker 5: Search for the News Junkie in the app. Store right now.
Speaker 2: Quick break.
Speaker 5: We'll come back with more of that, I promise you.
Speaker 2: Also, we got the hot sheet that's going to get us geared up for Fritz on the Street Sea Line. We've got people who are interested in joining us. They are sending those emails through. We're just gonna pick one of them and respond and get them up on Zoom so they can play along with us today in Don's place.
Speaker 5: So it could be you.
Speaker 2: You have a couple of minutes to email before we get everybody locked in. All of that is coming up next on the news junk key. Over on Twitch, somebody's name Kara says, maybe I missed it, but is nobody going to talk about how Selane absolutely trounced Sean at the drinking games of the live show. You think he trounced me trounce to you? Oh yeah, in the in the beer chugging competition that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was the bar was low for me. I mean I'm not I'm not any good at chugging beer and especially warm beer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not to mention Selen.
Speaker 2: I still have remnants all across our equipment.
Speaker 5: My laptop included.
Speaker 2: I got still got a little bit of damage done over here.
Speaker 5: Let's forget about that. Let's decision. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Let's do the hot sheets, but not like important news, best investigative parting on the planet.
Speaker 9: Bo top stories from the people on your screens and speakers are on a hot sheet with sea lanes.
Speaker 4: That's right, it's the top five stories in the nonsense news, brought to you by that mortgage guy Don and of course the big breaking news. This morning we all woke up to the news that Bonnie Tyler was dead at the age of seventy five. Lots of tributes pouring into her, even at her home in Wales. Flowers and whiskey have been left at Bonnie Bonnie Tyler's Whales home following the news of the singer's death. Several bunches of flowers and a bottle of Jack Daniels and a card are on the wall outside her house in Mumbles, Swansea. Tyler was apparently known to drink a shot of whiskey with Red Bull to steady her nerves before going on stage, which is weird to think about because I think she predates Red Bull by like a bunch am I would I be incorrect in saying.
Speaker 2: That I would have to say, yeah, I think that's definitely the case.
Speaker 5: But she even used to joke it gives me wings.
Speaker 4: Celebrities have been pouring their their hearts out for Bonnie Tyler. Catherine z Ada Jones said she was a one of a kind artist, Brian Adams made some comments and of course somebody who I would think owes a lot to Bonnie Tyler. Dan Finnerty, on his Instagram page said rip legend. You would know Dan Finnerty from.
Speaker 12: Yeah the.
Speaker 2: Damn Band, lead singer of the Dan Band.
Speaker 4: On his instagram this morning, Tyler was the first Welsh act to crack the US number one singles. It wasn't Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey, Mary Hopkins. The honor felt to Bonnie Tyler in nineteen eighty three when Total Eclipse with the Heart knocked Billy Joels tell her about it from the top spot, spent four weeks there and then was knocked out by Islands in the Stream, which so this was a.
Speaker 5: Big time for rock music back then.
Speaker 4: True. Speaking of old school, Luke Wilson, congrats to him and his twenty four year old girlfriend. Luke Wilson fifty four and his girlfriend have welcomed a baby girl.
Speaker 2: Wow, they were seen years she is she is will be.
Speaker 4: Closer to her daughter's age than Luke Wilson's age. Yeah, for this whole time. They were seen holding their newborn in the character an event for the actors forthcoming Netflix series The Hawk. I think it was the first time they had brought the baby out in public. He had said back in two thousand and seven he was, you know, wanting to have kids. He said at the time, I don't have a girlfriend, but I wouldn't mind one. I definitely want kids at some point, and now he has them. The Idiocracy star and his girlfriend have largely kept their romance under the radar, but have been dating since at least twenty twenty three. It was a big day for a lot of people in the TV and entertainment world yesterday when the Emmys were announced. But I think, I mean, it had to have been a real nice, big smile, s eating grin even for one. Stephen Colbert. The Late Show bows out with nine Emmy nominations, its biggest haul ever in the nominations category. They said, the party's over, said, huh, They're trying to send a message there. They're like, look, you know, we support him. We think he got like shut down. That's what it seems to me. Well, they says they got one last embrace from the Television Academy. In its final season, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert drew nine Emmy nominations, the biggest award showing of the eleven year ten year behind the desk somebody who's not behind the desk anymore, but was recently spotted on a rare outing. Guy keeps to himself a lot, and it makes sense. Matt Lauer was spotted on a rare outing with girlfriend Schamin Abbas, five months after one of his accusers released her memoir including allegations against him. The couple attended the annual Fourth of July party of Patriots owner Robert Kraft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, they still asking him about that massage.
Speaker 4: Plays thing or no. Just think Robert Kraft and Matt Lauer probably don't talk about stuff like that. They talk about fireworks and beers and stuff. We just kind of leave some of that other stuff swept under the rug.
Speaker 2: If they get a little drunk, you think, then I look at you like, hey, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's just one of those things that behind closed doors Robert Craft likes a joke about like, yeah, you know the Rebin Tug video. It's the thing happened. And every once in a while we get great clips from somebody who storms out of an interview, who gets really embarrassed or just really pissed off and leaves we're out of here.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: And I didn't know that you could you could necessarily do this in text for him, because you really need the personal kind of contact for it to be as cringe. And then at the end we're we're left asking ourselves, why would you do this interview? Why would you put yourself through this knowing you're just going to get destroyed? And that's what came for German director Uve Bowl after he did and asked me anything on Reddit. It says the AMA descended into chaos after fans I don't know that I'd call him fans asked a bunch of message, a bunch of questions about all of his trash movies. It says, why on God's Green Earth, Uve Bowl would agree to participate in a Reddit AMA is beyond me. But that's exactly what happened as the German filmmaker dubbed one of the worst directors in the world open himself up to questions from a hostile crowd, and the result was entirely predictable. He was trying to promote his latest movie, Citizen Vigilante, but he was showered with insults from the Reddit crowd. The uh it ended after only an hour, was bull storming out, and he said his final message was, guys, why a lot of you are stuck in the past. You love to hate and trash me. Watch Rampage, Stoic, Assault on Wall Street, first Shift, Heart of America, Postal Tunnel rats, run to for those are all his movies, and open your eyes forget my name and just watch the movies. Look at the ratings. You'll see what real audience believes. You're so in love with bashing me. If you got yourself, I wish you all a great evening, and now go watch soccer. And instead of wasting my time here and ouve Bowl not a long time on that Reddit Ama, because you just they were just coming after him for his crap movies.
Speaker 2: He made me say his name. I thought it was you Bowl. I think I've said I've probably screwed that up forever. If that's how you actually watched a couple of videos and like the German pronunciation. Somebody said, O bowl looks like uie at the box office. Kind of an exciting weekend for box office This weekend, of course, A twenty four is releasing The Invite with Seth Rogan, Olivia Wild, Penelope Cruiz Ed Norton Accommody drama romance Uh for the parents.
Speaker 4: Big weekend. Mohanna, the live action Moannah starring Dwayne Johnson Catherine starring a live action girl playing Mohana is being released by Walt Disney. And then let's see.
Speaker 2: Did you ever see the the wig at the Rock is wearing in this?
Speaker 4: I have seen footage of the Rock in it, and it's pretty hilarious. It's it's pretty bad. It is evil dead burn for the horror fans. And then I don't know, I didn't get a chance to see what this was about, but Sony Pictures has Gail Daughtry and the celebrity sex pass that's got Zoey Deutsch is it? I think it's Deutsch? I know John Ham I saw a movie with her recently, real roller coaster like tears and then laughing, laughing tears, tears laughing, laughing, it was something that Ashley picked some voicemails for Isabelle.
Speaker 5: I don't know that one picked that out, Zoe Dosch. It's it's like rom com.
Speaker 4: Hey, if you are looking for a house, you're looking for that dream home, that mortgage guy down wants to help you out. He is the expert that will help you get a lower mortgage rate. So if you already have a quote, or you have an existing mortgage with a seven or eight in front of your rate, you should be talking to Don immediately. You're leaving money on the table. Go find him. And all of the past episode is the Home Loans radio show with that mortgage guy Don dot Com.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Don, he wants somebody stepping up for him today. And Fritz on the street, Now, I have sent an invite to somebody on zoom. But here's the deal. If what if the person doesn't check their email and doesn't click it and they don't join us? Can we load up the phone so we can have a backup on the phones too, sea line?
Speaker 4: Can we can do that? Just let's Fritz is nodding and said, yes, we can load up the phones.
Speaker 2: All right, What's what's the number, because the last time I gave it away, your like, it's not that number any four oh.
Speaker 4: Seven nine four one. You probably gave away the eight hundred number, which I don't believe existing more. Four oh seven nine one six one four one. And you could load them up just as just in case, just as a backup, in case the zoom thing doesn't go through, and we can play Fritz on the Street.
Speaker 2: Perfect, all right, We're gonna do that. Fritz on the Street, the greatest game in all of radio. That's coming up next. On the news junkie, Chelo g Over on TJ Chat says, I've been a listener for a few years now. I started listening to the news Jokie on the Freak in Dallas, Texas. Love the show, Ben Hooks since the first time I listened. Thank you, Chilo, g is so good to have you on board. Unfortunately, you will not be our guest stepping in for that mortgage guy. Don I'm sorry, I just it's not We already have somebody. More importantly, let's welcome in our friend Fritz. Fritz is here. He's ready to do the thing.
Speaker 1: Hi Fritz, Oh yoh bay.
Speaker 2: He looks good. He looks ready. He looks sharp, he looks prepared. We now have to pick who we're playing for. I would imagine, so I'm gonna play for Chilog since I just mentioned him over on TNJ Chat. Chilo G on TNJ Chat is my player. If I win, you win and you get a great prize.
Speaker 4: What about you, Selane, I'm gonna play for Evil I on the Texan Service Evil Lie.
Speaker 2: I'll put that down here, and then playing for himself. Let's welcome Ben from Daytona.
Speaker 4: Ben. Hello, there he is.
Speaker 2: Ben from Daytona is with us?
Speaker 9: Ben?
Speaker 2: Do you know how to play the game.
Speaker 5: Fritz on the Streets?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, okay, he's ready to go. And with that, Fritz, are you ready to go?
Speaker 1: I believe I am.
Speaker 2: Let's do Fritz on the Streets now.
Speaker 10: Hello, Sean, Hello, Sea Lane, Hello, Ben, Hi Fritz. Fritz on the Street is sponsored by that mortgage guy.
Speaker 1: Don.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 10: We have a very entertaining show each nine am every Saturday here on Royal Radio one oh four point line. That's me, Fritz, that mortgage guy, Don and MJ. We answer your mortgage related questions live on air nine to ten thirty am, and we do it with some some spunk, some funk, some of some gumption maybe and uh, if you would like to follow Don, I would heavily recommend it. That's at that mortgage guy Don on Instagram, or you can go to that mortgage guy Don dot com dot com. In first place on Fritz on the Street with one hundred and ninety three points, that would be mister Christopher Lane Yeah, me in second place with one hundred and eighty five points, that mortgage guy Don in third place one hundred forty five points, mister Sean Wasson Yeah, and in fourth place why not with sixty nine points. Then from day jonah ah, it's an exhibition game. We're just playing for fun today. Without further ado, I go to Cabos Barn Kitchen every Tuesday night from a trivia f It's is fun house, and then I ask people questions afterwards, four CURNV questions and four general knowledge trivia questions. Your job is to chime in for that bonus point and then guess, out of eight answers, how many got it right?
Speaker 4: Easy, peasy, ready to go absolutely.
Speaker 10: Question number one. Despite concerns of his well being, Republican lawmakers have said they have shown Sean.
Speaker 5: Oh, he was so close to I just barely got it. Mitch McConnell.
Speaker 10: Mitch McConnell is correct, full question. Republican lawmakers have said they have spoken to which absent Senator Shawn Out of eight answers, how many do you think, said Mitch McConnell.
Speaker 20: Uh.
Speaker 5: Still don't know if that guy's alive, but.
Speaker 2: I think seven, said Mitch McConnell.
Speaker 10: Seven, six for me, six or ceiling.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say five. We'll see all this crowd does.
Speaker 10: Five or been the question number one strategy like it does. Yeah, Question number one with answers of five, six, and seven.
Speaker 1: Ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 10: Somebody knows there, Mitch McConnell. Let's see who's picking up two points Despite concerns of as well being, Republican lawmakers have said they have spoken to which absent Senator Mitch McConnell.
Speaker 7: Mitch A.
Speaker 2: K A, Glitch McConnell, Mitch McConnell, Mitch McConnell, Mitch McConnell.
Speaker 17: Mitch McConnell, Arnold Schwarzenegger, No idea, that would be six.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So Sea Lane is picking up two points on that one, and Ben and Sean. We I guess it's a five and seven each picking up one point. That's how the game is played when I'm moving on Arnold? All right, Okay, that would be a sad sad day, it would yeah. Question two, which actress? Which actress has had roles in such films as Charlie's Angels, Love Lies, Bleeding and Spencer Ben.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna try Charlie Seer.
Speaker 2: That is incorrect, Sean, Sean, Cameron Diaz.
Speaker 10: That is incorrect, Lucy, that would be Kristen Stewart said the Twilight film franchise would have been a dead giveaway. Sean, you got question one right. We will start with you. Out of eight answers, how many do you think? Said Kristen Stewart, Uh, three, three, four, four, four Sea Lane and two for Ben. Question two, with answers of two.
Speaker 1: Three and four, ding ding Ding, ding ding ding?
Speaker 10: Who knows they're Kay Stewart? Which actress has had rules in such films as Charlie's Angels, Love Lies Bleeding in Spencer Fara.
Speaker 18: Faucet, Uh, Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Kristen Stewart, Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore.
Speaker 10: Goldie Hawn, Kristen Stuart that would be two, picking up two points, and Seawan we think us of three picking up one point. Question three now on the agenda. Question three last week, Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce tied the noot at which venue.
Speaker 4: Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 10: Madison Square Garden msg is correct? Sea Lane? Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Madison Square Garden eight, eight, seven, seven for Sean and eight for Ben. Question three with answers of seven.
Speaker 1: And eight, ding ding ding, ding ding ding.
Speaker 10: Was it the wedding of a century? Plus week, Tata and Travis Kelce tied the.
Speaker 13: Answer Maxon Square Garden, Mathon Square Garden, Madison Square Garden, Madison Square Garden, Madison Square Garden, Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 10: That would be eight. So to Sea Lane is picking up a three pointer on that one. Ben is picking up two points, and Sean with the guess of seven picking up one point. Question four is now uh upcoming? Question four is the halfway point. After that, I will tell you who was leading so far on the day. In question four goes like this, what US city is associated with Alcatraz ceiling, San Francisco, San Francisco is correct.
Speaker 3: Celian.
Speaker 10: Out of eight answers, how many do you think said San Francisco six, six, mm uh, seven, seven for Sewan, five and five for Ben. Question four, with answers of five, six and seven, what US city is associated with Alcatraz?
Speaker 2: Uh? San Francisco, San Francisco, San Francisco, San Francisco, San Francisco, San Francisco, San Francisco, San Francisco.
Speaker 10: That would be eight, so sewn with the guests of seven picking up one point, and that h yep halfway through in first place so far with five points? Is that what you have? Ceiling?
Speaker 4: I have six for Seawn. No, maybe I didn't do all his will.
Speaker 21: Six now been determined that I have six two, four, five, I have five for Sean in first place with five points, five Slash Sean slash Chilo g in second place with four points, Sea Lane Slash Evil, and in third place with three points.
Speaker 10: Ben from Daytona. Is that what you have?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 5: Sorry, flag on the field right now.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna give you the extra point then five. I think you have five?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right?
Speaker 10: Question four it's an exhibition.
Speaker 2: Does does he have himself at even more than five what's going on?
Speaker 4: He got six me at six, and Ben and Sean tied for five five each.
Speaker 10: Don't I don't know. I don't know if that's true.
Speaker 2: Fritz, Fritz is the end all be all.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna give Ben five to two. It's five five.
Speaker 2: Ben, Ben, we're in.
Speaker 3: The two pointer and then two singles?
Speaker 4: Ben?
Speaker 2: Where are you joining us from today?
Speaker 4: Where are you?
Speaker 3: I'm actually at work. I work at Beach Side Hotel. My wife and I run it.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, you guys get your own hotel there.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Basically, Wow, did you.
Speaker 2: Ever go like, do you ever go like sleep with each other in the different rooms just to try to like, you know, put your name on each one with the janitors? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's not haunted.
Speaker 4: It's a little Why would he go on the radio and teles haunted.
Speaker 3: Thirty four rooms?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's like a pretty decent sized play. That's cool man. Yeah, we'll learn more in a second.
Speaker 10: Four questions remaining now on Fritz on the Street. We're heading to question five. Amid controversy, President Trump had FIFA reverse, which kind of selane.
Speaker 4: It's a red card.
Speaker 10: As a red card, Trump had FIFA reverse, which kind of penalty for Team USA in the World Cup. Sea Lane out of eight answers, how many do you think said the red card? Eight, eight, seven, seven for Seawan and seven for Ben. Question five, with answers of seven.
Speaker 1: And eight, Ding Ding Ding, Ding Ding Dang.
Speaker 10: It was a hot topic amid controversy. President Trump had FIFA reverse which kind of penalty for Team USA in the World Cup was red card, red.
Speaker 2: Card, a red card, red card, red card following balligan red card penalty red card the red card, That.
Speaker 10: Would be eight. Selane is hitting a three pointer on that one? And Ben and Sean with your guesses of seven each picking up one point three questions remaining. Question six, it's about a treat that everyone loves. What company makes Reese's Peanut butter? Selane?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Is it nasty?
Speaker 10: Is incorrect?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: Sean, Shan.
Speaker 10: Uh Hershey's that is correct? Sean? Out of eight answer Sean, how many do you think said Hershey's five?
Speaker 14: Five, U.
Speaker 10: Six six for ceiling.
Speaker 3: Probably only two major options. I'm saying six.
Speaker 10: And six for Ben. Question six with answers of five and six. Let's see who knows they're sugar retreats. What company makes Reese's pannut buttercups.
Speaker 3: Is it Harshey Hershey's.
Speaker 4: Mars Mars, Mars Mars Nestlie, that would be two.
Speaker 10: We had three eights in a row and then a two. But that's how the ball bounces here at for it's on the street. Two questions remaining Question seven. On Tuesday, evacuations were ordered after support beams buckled on ceiling New York City. New York City is correct till in a full question buckled on a building under construction in which US city they added what seven to seventeen stories they're trying.
Speaker 4: To find out.
Speaker 2: That's so crazy too. Did you saw the video from inside, right, Fritz?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was like a spaghetti It was like a cooked spaghetti noodle.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The beams that are holding up the building are just completely bent into S shaped things.
Speaker 10: Obsolution Sea Land, you got that question right. We will start with you, obviously. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said that New York City? Seven, seven, five, five for Shot eight and eight for Ben. The question seven with.
Speaker 4: That that didn't have to be a dick about it, shun.
Speaker 10: Question seven with answers of five, seven and eight. Ding ding Ding Ding ding ding someone knows they'reds. On Tuesday, evacuations were ordered after support beams buckled on a building under construction in which US City, New York City, Oklahoma City.
Speaker 4: New York City, Manhattan, New York City, New York City, New York City.
Speaker 10: That would be seven. So Sea Land is hit another three pointer and Ben with a guess of eight, picking up one point one question now remaining for Fritz on the Street. But before we do, let's take a look at the leaderboard. In first place with eleven point Sea Lane slash Evil Eye, and then we have a tie for second and third seven points each Sean Slash Chilo G and Ben from Daytona.
Speaker 4: Question Sean is doing well today? Absolutely is the no no mortgage guy. Don, You're not scared to lose anymore. I'm still only tied with Ben from Daytona. This is his first time playing the game.
Speaker 10: It's a It's a classic recipe of Don not being here and me giving him two extra points.
Speaker 3: I think this might be the best I've seen Sean do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm getting help from a lot of directions here, Ben, thank you.
Speaker 10: Question eight is about a capital Why not throw it back? Because I knew we were going to have a guest today. What is the capital of Canada?
Speaker 3: It's Toronto, isn't correct?
Speaker 4: Ottawa?
Speaker 2: Ottawa is correct?
Speaker 4: I have gotten that so many damn times. I've got that question wrong. Ben, you can't say that was your first choice. You made a first choice. It was Toronto.
Speaker 3: It was in my head.
Speaker 10: You know, we've been playing this game for seven years now on the news junkie, and people finally know the capital of Canada. I've done my job. Congratulations, Hey, thank you. Ceiling Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Ottawa?
Speaker 4: Let's say eleven?
Speaker 2: Y sure?
Speaker 8: Four?
Speaker 10: Four?
Speaker 2: Is that the flex because you're so far ahead that it doesn't matter if he says eleven d Is that what we got going on? I'm gonna nail it.
Speaker 10: Five, five for Sean and six and six for then the question eight. With answers of four.
Speaker 1: Five and six, Ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 10: Someone's getting it. What is the capital of Canada?
Speaker 21: Got Toronto, Ottawa, Ottawa, Ottawa, Toronto, Edmonton, Ottawatawa.
Speaker 10: That would be five. So Sean is picking up two points, and Sea Lane and Ben with your guesses of six and four each picking up one point and that means leading on the day and winning with thirteen points.
Speaker 1: Sea Lane Slash Evil Lies.
Speaker 4: The points matter, a good day for the points to matter.
Speaker 10: In second place with nine points, Sean Slash Chilo Gi and in third place with eight points. These points are gonna last forever with you, okay, Ben, Ben from Daytona, And that is for it's on the street.
Speaker 4: Thank you friend, there he goes.
Speaker 2: Guess what, Ben and Daytona. You're a winner around here. All right, friend, We're gonna set you up with some great prizes emerge from the show.
Speaker 5: We appreciate you.
Speaker 2: And this this nice little boutique hotel that we have here that we're looking into. How much is this to night for these beautiful hotel rooms that you got.
Speaker 3: It's actually not that bad right now. It's like one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 4: What that's good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a fantastic deal. What's the name of the place, Just shout it out.
Speaker 3: It's all beachside hotel shores?
Speaker 2: Are you mine?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 20: You?
Speaker 10: Uh uh? You know Daytona beach there sores.
Speaker 2: When you say beachside hotel, like, are you legit? Right on the beach, You're right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can see it on my shirt.
Speaker 2: Ear there you go? Can I see the actual beach though? Where is?
Speaker 3: All I have to do is just step out the door.
Speaker 5: All let's see if we can believe him.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yo, look at him.
Speaker 20: Go.
Speaker 4: You guys have an awesome place there?
Speaker 7: Did?
Speaker 10: I love Florida so much? Wow?
Speaker 2: That is fantastic. All right, one more time.
Speaker 1: What's it called?
Speaker 3: It's called Beachside Hotel and Daytona Beach Shores.
Speaker 2: Well, congratulations, Ben, I'm gonna email you a link to set you up with the prize.
Speaker 5: We appreciate you joining us today, buddy, awesome.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot of guys there.
Speaker 10: Just for the record, not haunted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely not not haunted. All right, Fritz, we love you, We appreciate you. Make sure you're following Fritz on all social media platforms so you can make sure you're part of the next Fritz is fun house trivia. That's right, Fritz is fun ass trivia is something that needs to be experience in. Well, hold on, fun ass trivia. It's a fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a fun ass trivia.
Speaker 2: There's asses, it's a good time, there's and it's a fantastic entertaining and you are going to have a blast. I always say this, treat yourself. For God's sake. You need at least one day a week where you can escape and enjoy yourself. And this is the perfect time at Cavos with Fritz. Follow along the news Junkie dot Com slash share the News Junkie dot Com slash share click all of the followers for Fritz.
Speaker 5: Fritz will see you next week.
Speaker 10: Buddy, absolutely, thank you.
Speaker 4: There he is.
Speaker 5: Okay, quick break.
Speaker 2: We are going to be back in just a moment with something that is making people sick all across the United States of America. This is weird, but it's caused them to change the menu at Taco Bell. Right now, I'll explain what's happening so you are safe and sound from this. That's coming up next on the News Junkie. Don't yawn, I don't yawn, but kids in reading is going to be the next topic, and just say, trust me, this is interesting, more interesting than you are thinking.
Speaker 4: What they do when the lightning storms around you gotta sit in the middle of the room.
Speaker 1: Cut her.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's that's technically it's still called reading. Most people do not do it. According to what we're going to get into here this.
Speaker 4: Thought that your house is like some sort of pincushion during a lightning storm and just sit in the middle of it because any any direction it could be coming.
Speaker 2: They want us to be scared of everything, it would seem, lightning storms, life, and even parasites. I'll give you a story about that as well. That's caused Taco Bell to change their menu. What's happened in details on the way, Matthew emails to show Tanka News junkie dot com site Gordida Crunch anymore. Maybe maybe not, we'll find out, Matthew says Sean. I completely agree with you, which should be how my email start. No wonder Sean just brushed aside my joke so fast to get to this email. Now, this email is so important. Do you want to go deeper on the joke? We can, We can explore, Sean. I completely agree. Backrooms was not good at all. I watched it after the success of Obsession, which I thought was great. But I left Back Rooms before the end of the movie. I was like, what the heck am I watching?
Speaker 5: Lol?
Speaker 2: Keep up the work, Fellas, says Matthew. Matthew hot take on some things here. I think that the movie Obsession I've talked about.
Speaker 5: This is a good movie. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: I would have probably given it a an eight out of ten or so, Like I thought, it was a good movie and it was a fun ride. Although I do think that Obsession is just a pretty run of the mill good movie. I don't think Obsession is some game changer. It's a good movie. It's a resh watchable movie. It's a game changer for for what it means to the industry, one hundred percent right about that. Yes, I agree on that, but I'm talking about just as just talking about the movie itself. It is good acting, young actors, a good premise, very well done, especially the lead actress. Fantastic in this movie, Like, very very well done.
Speaker 5: Like I said, eight out of ten.
Speaker 2: However, I think the reason why this stands out so much is because so many other movies have sucked in the last decade. Like, it's not even that jarringly shockingly good. It's just good. It's just a good movie with good acting and young fresh talent out there with a good script. But that shouldn't be so rare. Hollywood should take notes here, and they probably are because so much money has come in from this movie that costs less than a million dollars to make. The budget I think was seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars. And this guy was a YouTuber who Courtney had caught on to. She made me watch this YouTube movie he made, which was kind of garbage, but it was the stepping stone that got him this gig. And the real hot take on this is Obsession is good. It's a good movie again, eight out of ten. But it's not like a shocking, unbelievable. You ain't never seen a movie this good kind of movie. It's just good. It's just good, and the competition has been so damn bad.
Speaker 4: I do think that there was one point where, when we were done with it, my wife said, I feel like not a lot happened, but it was really good. Like there wasn't a lot to it. Now, it's pretty simple to fuck ride, but very good.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: Somebody says he's talking about backroom Sean.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: He said he watched it after the success of Obsession, which is why I was talking about that backrooms. He's agreeing with my take, which I think is just kind of where the average person is going.
Speaker 5: To end up.
Speaker 2: Backrooms is not bad. I would probably say like six out of ten or something is what I would give it. But Backrooms is a movie that sucks you in with a very simple premise of this guy works at a furniture company, like old school furniture company. Every market has one of these where they go everything must go and be a crazy, inflatable, failing arm man and they sell the big chairs and the couches and welcome to my player, we're selling chairs. That's what the premise is. The guy owns a furniture shop and he discovers this area where he kind of puts his arm through a wall and he keeps going back further, back, further, back, further, back further, and he discovers this endless, seemingly endless array of back rooms at the at the work simple premise, and you have an enjoyable time going on this journey with this guy. And there's other people that are brought into it. However, I like movies that make decisions. This is me. I like movies that make decisions. I want the creatives who are taking part in this to refine their scripts, to refine their ideas, to refine their writing. Writing is important. You need to be able to speak and say things that people can understand, be coherent. That's a big, big, big, big thing, right. But I don't like when you get to the end of it and they put question marks everywhere and you go, well, it's up to your interpretation. No, make a decision, make a move, or if you're making moves, just to kind of fool everybody, be honest about that. I love the movie Weapons. I think that was a pretty good movie. I put it up there with Obsession at about an eight out of ten. I enjoyed it fresh idea at the time, well shot, good, good looking movie. But there was a scene in the movie Weapons where I don't want to go through the whole premise of the movie, but they go to a house that's sort of at the center of all of this stuff, and there is an assault rifle rotating on top of this house, sort of like you're in a video game and you can grab it and that will be part of your inventory.
Speaker 5: And afterwards people.
Speaker 2: Said, oh, this is a reference about school shooting, and then people said, no, it's a reference about violence in America. No, it's a reference about mental health. It's a reference about people who are unable to afford their homes, and everybody had all of these different takeaways. And I thought it was so freaking refreshing that the creator of weapons was asked, what does the spinning gun mean above the house and he goes, nothing, We just threw it out there, Yeah, he goes. We didn't have any point. We didn't like, we just wanted to throw something out there and have people speculate. But safe to say, like, you don't want to have to decide where the movie went.
Speaker 4: You would like to be told I do want that. That was my That was my big gripe with that war movie. That there was like a couple people that were like, ceiling your you're out of bounds on this one. You're you're you're out of your mind.
Speaker 5: You it was a really good movie, and I was like, it was a fine movie.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 4: It was a decent movie until the journey just stopped short. Yeah, and uh, and I ended up hating it that that one was it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: It wasn't War of the World because that was ice Cube in front of the computer that whole time. That was an Amazon commercial, is what it was. That was a bad one. No, it was a different one. It was a Netflix movie, and uh, it was Dynamite in the in the title. I can't remember. It was a recent Netflix, but within the last year they had this movie that was, you know, about countries nuking each other and the decisions they were going to have to make, and it was pretty popular. It was like number one on Netflix. House a Dynamite maybe, Yeah, House of Dynamite. That's it.
Speaker 5: I just found it right as you said that.
Speaker 4: And Uh, no you did not, that's it.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 4: You didn't find it, Okay, Google, I just found it. I told you, dynamite was in the title, Sean. Somebody says Fritz is a big fan of back rooms. A lot of people are. The movie did very, very well.
Speaker 2: But I think for me and maybe this is a difference in how we interpret content and what we like and what we don't like. Fritz might like those kind of movies where you're supposed to wander around in your own interpretation of what you just saw and what it meant and what it was about. I in particular, I like a movie that makes a decision, like Obsession makes a decision.
Speaker 5: The end is very They thought it out.
Speaker 2: They had lots of different ways to go and they said, this is the avenue we're taking.
Speaker 4: What did you think of? And I don't even know, because we don't talk about this show a lot. I don't know if you were necessarily tuned into it as much as maybe.
Speaker 5: Joshua was Love Island?
Speaker 4: Uh yes, Nah, what did you think at the end of you know where they made you make the decision where they killed them all America?
Speaker 1: Well, it's to send them home from the island.
Speaker 4: Okay, what you're talking about, which is what no the Sopranos, that was a very famous example of a you know, Dan, if you do Dan, if you don't finale where things may or may not have been about to go down, and then the whole family is just sitting at the old diner listening to the Don't Stop Believing and then cut to black and the show is over and you don't.
Speaker 2: Know that's that's so funny because zephis biker on YouTube just said, I feel like the Sopranos ending is going to get mentioned in this topic for not wrapping things up with a bow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how you know. But and there was, oh, there was so much debate at the time people thought of their HBO cut out because how could they do this to us? And then some people were like, that was the worst ending ever. It was so stupid. Why did you just cut to black? And then my friend Brian at the time, who's a huge Sopranos fan, was like, it was brilliant. It was just a masterpiece. I agree with Brian.
Speaker 2: I think that Brian is right, but that's for TV shows. Now here's why the Supremes. The TV shows thing, though, could be even worse. How much time of your life did you put into the Sopranos if you watch the entire all seasons of the show to not know how it ends, versus you just do a ninety to one hundred and twenty minute movie and at the end of the movie you don't really know a lot. But the Sopranos, with all of that that they put into it, and all the character development and all the great acting, there was no way to please even a large portion of that audience with the ending that you chose other than what they did there. And so that goes back to like Yucker says over on Twitch, Sean doesn't want to think after the movie's over, got it?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 2: And I love a movie. There's nothing better, Courtney and I will go watch a movie and then we'll talk about what we thought about it. I do love that, but I think you know as well as I do. There's a difference between that and the creators of the movie not being brave enough to choose an ending in a meaning and leaving that up to interpretation.
Speaker 5: That is not what I want you to think about it. Get to the end.
Speaker 2: When you get to the end, make that prompt conversations and go wo wow, Okay.
Speaker 5: Then there's a lot of discussion.
Speaker 2: But what happens so many times is they'll just fade to black and then they'll say, will you tell us what you thought about it? The only thing I'll give it past is the Sopranos because I kind of liked the trolling at the time.
Speaker 5: It worked really really well. It was it was successful.
Speaker 2: We were big thanks by the way, really quickly big thanks to sun State, John coming in Hot Baby, keeping us alive at thirty four four premium subscriptions on the Newsjokiye dot com unlocking secret shows you could watch live tonight at eight pm, and then uh Cheri's Pilot with ten who as well as Tom with another ten Thank you all were go ahead. That that brings us to damn near a hundred for the day. So I want all you new folks to be a jump into the fun with secret shows tonight at eight pm Eastern.
Speaker 4: Go ahead. We were we were talking about Obsession just now, and last night Ashley said randomly said, hey, you remember an obsession when that happened. She's like, remember that scene, remember that crazy scene? And I was like, they had to cut that one down to avoid the NC seventeen, like theorious part of Obsession. Oh yea yeah. We were like, oh my god, if you were to count how many times something happened, they had to drop that count because they originally had more in there, but they didn't want the NC seventeen rating to tank their sales.
Speaker 2: So it was even worse than God. That was a very successful movie and I like it. That is one of the movies where I had to tell Courtney I was wrong.
Speaker 5: I did not do this much.
Speaker 2: I try to be accurate, I try to make sure I'm on point, but I had to tell her I was wrong because she was watching all these stupid TikTok videos.
Speaker 5: She's got her fired up.
Speaker 2: And after we watch Obsession, Courty goes, have you seen all these theories about how there's like a cat involvement in this, and then you know the cat this and that, and then this moment was supposed to make you think of the cat and the cat as this and then and.
Speaker 5: I go, this is poppycock.
Speaker 2: This is hogwash.
Speaker 5: This is nonsense.
Speaker 2: And we watched Obsession again and I was like, I think they might be right. I think that there was a couple of cis. Oh, and maybe it's not bullhockey. Maybe there's something to this. I will tell you what's going on with the story. I teas. We got to a quick break. We'll come back with Jerry Duty Before Jury Duty. Taco Bell has pulled some ingredients off its menu because there is a huge issue that is happening right now in this country and I want to help you out. So don't miss these details. They're coming up next on the News Junkie. The ad free stream is growing like wildfire because imagine that it's one of the benefits of being a secret show subscriber. And so people go, oh, I can watch on thenews junkie dot com if I'm logged in on the ad free stream, and I call it the big screen, so you get this huge screen of the video with like a slim chat on the side for TJ chat and it's awesome. And it also has like an audio only feed if you want to do it that way. So people have gone to that in drovesly. It's actually a bigger and bigger and bigger. I think there are I don't know. Sometimes there's like half as many people on there as there are on YouTube. Twitch is the small one, that's like the little tiny also ran platform. But we love you all. We love you all. We appreciate you no matter where you watch the show or listen to the show for that matter. We have to do it, so let's get into it. I don't want to say like I don't want to do it. I mean I do. I do.
Speaker 5: Let's do jury.
Speaker 2: Duty or it is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass.
Speaker 3: You're knowing Jury Duty with the News Junkie.
Speaker 2: Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only mo de Wits of the Duit Law Firm. Injured on the go, just Calmo eight hundred, CALLMO eight hundred, CALLMO or go to just Calmo dot com. Somebody says the image quality is better on the news junkie app to uh stop, I want people to watch on YouTube? All right, what are you doing to us over there? But yeah, it's it's probably better. This is not really a lawsuit yet, but it might be at some point in time. Taco Bell has pulled ingredients off their menu because there is this surge in cases from this parasite. In Michigan alone, over a thousand people have already been diagnosed. They think thousands and thousands more probably have it, but just don't really know what's going on. Taco Bell is pulling in radients off the menu as an explosive diarrhea parasite causes cases to surge in various states. Locations, including some in Detroit, have posted signs telling customers they will not serve related products like lettuce, cilantro, onion, pico degayo, and guacamole due to a nationwide recall. Why people don't seem to know this ceiling But let me just throw this out there. Maybe this is obvious, but I'll reiterate because I think a lot of people who listen to the show, just normal regular people will not hyper online types. But when maybe other people know this too, But when you're gonna get sick from eating something, I think people in their heads often think it's going to be seafood.
Speaker 5: Maybe they think it's undercooked meat or something.
Speaker 2: Actually, let's make sure this is correct, because I believe the most common way to get sick is actually from lettuce. I think it's from lettuce because the lettuce or the leafy greens or whatever you're eating is downstream, many times from a cattle farm, and the cows crap in the water and other animals do, and then that water comes up and ends up being used on the greens, the lettuce, or whatever it is that you're eating. And in a if you get food poisoning at a restaurant, so many times it's not the meat. It's not the it can be. I'm not saying it it's not ever, but usually it's actually the lettuce. It's actually the lettuce that ends up getting people sick.
Speaker 4: Yeah I'm sick.
Speaker 5: That make me seem stupid.
Speaker 4: No no, No leafy greens, let us spinach and kale or frequent offenders. Bacteria like E. Coli can live inside the leaf tissue, making them hard to wash off. Then there's poultry, which obviously samonilla and Campylobacter composer. That's why they recommend cooking to one sixty five for your poultry, ground beef, shellfish, and raw fish. And then deli meats an unpasteurized cheese where you run the risk of listeria. Yeah, so those are the main ways, but a lot of people don't realize that. Go, well, I'll be fine, I'm not eating meat. I'm gonna have a salad. You can one hundred percent get this stuff from salads or the lettuce, cilantro, the pico, the guacamole. That's what they're pulling out of these taco bells. This parasite that's spreading everywhere making people incredibly sick, is coming through those types of things. It's called Cyclospora kid tenesis sea land Figure out, how how do I say that cyclospora?
Speaker 2: Say Tanesis neensis, say tenensis. Okay, that's it. Cyclosporas satanensis. The CDC reports that the parasite is calling it causing stomach illnesses all across the United States. People are ingesting contaminated food or water and produce has been linked to many of the reported cases. This is in seventeen different states. You gotta wash produce before you eat it, before you cut it, before you you cook it. You gotta wash your hands with soap and water before you handle raw fruits and vegetables. Don't you sanitizer on it, you weirdo.
Speaker 5: Just wash it.
Speaker 2: Avoid swallowing water during recreation, including its splash pads.
Speaker 5: Why this is disgusting, but this is the truth.
Speaker 2: When you go to these places, pools, splash pads, et cetera, there are people, oftentimes little kids pooping and then the bacteria goes from that right into your mouth and the next thing you know, you have cyclostpora.
Speaker 4: Say ten Kea tenensis.
Speaker 5: It's a long one. Man, there's a lot of letters.
Speaker 4: See if there's one of those YouTube videos. I don't trust these half the time because they just are trying to load up there their their their their their channels with content, and they don't even get it right all the time. Like, man, that's why you sometimes you end up with people who say local cities in your area and they'll say like Alamante's, and they'll be like, they sent them a link to the YouTube video to say Altamont.
Speaker 5: You know what you should do.
Speaker 2: You should take this cyclospora stuff and make a YouTube video where you're like, here's how to pronounce cyclospora, and then do a dumb ass way to pronounce it, and then record all the news outlets across the country screwing it up because that's what they do.
Speaker 8: Foretnsis Cyclospora kaya tenensis.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Ridika, I got it. Be careful out there. I don't want you to get the cyclo cycloskiet thelensis. I don't want you to get that at Taco bell or anywhere else. It's supposed to be really bad, really extreme. Puts the word explosive in all capital letters. Quick break and then the Power Hour is coming up next and the News Junkie learn more about the show over on the website Toewsjunkie dot com. I have to work this in because I tease that I would, and I just want to in general, there's a story out there that makes me question a lot of things. The first thing I have to do is start with a question for you, though, do you still read? Are you still reading things? And when I say that, I don't just mean books, like Ceiling doesn't read books. I've never known Celian to read a book in my life, but he does read stuff.
Speaker 4: I think that before I met you was the last book I actually read on purpose.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But like I said, on purpose, sometimes you fall and stumble and the next.
Speaker 4: Thing you know, a novel book.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that it's important to say I open reading up to more than just books. Sometimes you might want to learn about a topic and then you go deep and you read things, you read articles online. I think that's reading too. I think that's key. I think that's important. It doesn't just have to be books. It doesn't have to be fiction or nonfiction. Could just be you being a curious human being reading Wikipedia.
Speaker 5: Pages for all I care.
Speaker 2: But there's a story in the Atlantic right now about how young people aren't reading at all, like they're just not reading. Let me see if I can bring this up. The Atlantic has a story and they put it right there in the title. It says the end of reading is here.
Speaker 4: So not really now.
Speaker 2: Optimists once believe that universal literacy was inevitable, like everyone would be able to read, all the young people, the old people, the poor people, the rich people. If you're wondering why I'm saying poor people and rich people. Well, that used to be the great divide, because only the rich people had the books, only the rich people had the information. It was hard to get books back in the day. It was hard until recent history, maybe mid nineteen hundreds. It was hard to actually get your hands on this stuff, and it took some actual effort. But the end of reading is here as the name of the article. And I've got a couple of particular things that are going viral in this here's one of the paragraphs that stands out. Reading has come to seem extraneous, even to some of the best educated members of society. Margaret Rennix, Harvard's Assistant director for Humanities and Social Sciences Support, told me she'd spoken with a student who is struggling to read a book written in Old English. Now, all right, Old English is a thing we're talking about Harvard here. Now we are talking about humanities and social sciences, which no offense if your degree is in that. But that's where the dummies come from. There's a difference between being a Harvard engineer or a Hart Harvard grad in some other field, any science based field or tech based field or stem based field, and a Harvard grad and I'm sorry the humanities and Social sciences because that is definitely where the dummies tend to populate. I hate if that hits you, but it just is true. So she said, this woman who's the assistant director in Harvard for Humanities and Social Sciences. She'd spoken to a student who was struggling to read a book in Old English, the culprit Anthony Burgess's nineteen sixty two novel A Clockwork Orange. The student used chat gpt to translate the book into an easier language. Not long ago, a Harvard sociology professor, troubled by course evaluations in which students said they resented the amount of dense reading they were assigned, asked Rennix to speak to his class in defensive reading. She had to explain to students at America's most elite university taking a course in discipline rooted in written observation, argumentation, and analysis, that excerpts and summaries cannot capture the depth and sophistication of a complete primary text. She's saying, cliff notes don't cut it. The cliffs notes are great for some things, but it doesn't cut it all right, telling chat gbt to read the whole thing and then tell you what it thought. It's not going to work. Let me tell you this from a little bit of experience. Short story here, I won't blob too long. Every day after me and my family where lookout mountain? I'm not doing that again. After the show. Every day I post the podcast. You could subscribe over the Newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 4: It's free.
Speaker 2: And when I post the podcast, I have built some software that allows me to hit transcribe. When the podcast goes live and I hit transcribe, it swallows every bit of the words that we have said on the podcast that day, and it spits them out in text form. I then bring that over to an AI and I say, ingest this text document, which is an entire transcription from the beginning of the News Junkie to the end of the News Junkie, I said, tell me the best opportunities for longer form videos in short form videos that exist in today's show transcript And then I had noticed after a while, I said, why is it never recommending that I take a clip or a highlight from the News Junkie that day from the end of the show.
Speaker 5: Does the end of the show suck?
Speaker 2: Are Seilan, and I so burned out by the Power hour that we don't know what to talk about anymore. We're not making hits in the final hour of the show.
Speaker 4: Hard to be burned out when you haven't started it yet.
Speaker 5: I will start it in a second. Let me finish this first.
Speaker 2: And so I said, hey, are you not reading the entire transcript? And I said no, Actually, when you give me an entire tech Space file, I read the first third and I make all of my judgments off of that. You have to explicitly tell me to read the entirety of the document. Otherwise I only read the first third and then I tell you what I think. That's what AI's doing when you tell it to read all this stuff and then tell you what you missed from your your lesson in class, and that's what they're talking about. So she had to explain to people that excerpts and summaries don't capture the depth and sophistication of a primary text.
Speaker 5: Rennix told me that you're doing the summary.
Speaker 2: Some students now view reading as an unnecessarily burdensome way of acquiring knowledge by asking them to read, She said, this is the one at Harvard professors are arbitrarily withholding information from students by forcing them to get it through a more difficult medium. They don't want to read. They think it's burdensome. They say, why don't you just tell us about this? Why don't you just be honest with us?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 2: And I've got more on this that I want to share with you, but first let's do the Power Hour.
Speaker 4: They said, gone.
Speaker 2: Then they said, oh my god, me too, sister, Absolutely go off Queen time for the Power Hour on the news.
Speaker 5: Un I knew that was going to come back to Hay, knew that was the case.
Speaker 4: I lied about something. I have read books recently. Yeah, I read plenty of books.
Speaker 5: What books.
Speaker 4: Let's see, there's a grumpy monkey. Uh, there's a.
Speaker 2: You're reading Jackson a book called Are You My Mother?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That was that was a classic book, Are You My Mother? My parents read that to me.
Speaker 2: I don't know this one.
Speaker 4: It's about a it's about a bird about an adopted kid. No, it's a bird who who goes off to find the egg is about to hatch, and it goes off to find food for the newborn. And then the egg hatches and the mother's not there, and so he jumps out of the tree and meets all these different animals, says, are you my mother? And then finally he finds his mother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's adorable, and I would kind of count that as reading. But I think the problem persists that we're talking about here. Here's another example of this. University professors are saying they're now unable to teach history because reading long books and passages is how a person learns history. Their students are simply incapable of reading more than a few pages. This is on a college level. The professors and stuff are saying, like, the kids are incapable of reading more than a few pages? Did we do away with required reading? I mean, that was just always part of the school experience. I would think that that would be a requirement still, but maybe not. There's an assumption among the people managing this decline that the reading is just a way of receiving information.
Speaker 4: It isn't.
Speaker 2: Proper reading is how we build the mental muscle to synthesize ideas and evaluate them.
Speaker 5: The young people are like, why will we read?
Speaker 2: We can use technology to sort of force feed this into our system. We need to cut to the chase. Why are we wasting our time reading, and the experts are saying, no, you literally have to read to learn this. What happens when the AI answer is too long for them to read? Then the do Yeah, I splain it like I'm five. Here's a very important piece of this Atlantic article called the end of Reading. In twenty twenty four, in a national test, just thirty five percent, all right, just thirty five percent of high school seniors were proficient at skills such as analyzing complex fictional themes and evaluating the effectiveness of an author's argument. This is why so much of this is a waste of time. All the people trying to convince people of political stuff, Like if I just convinced them that you know, this isn't bad, and this isn't bad, and this is good and this is it doesn't matter. Only thirty five percent of high school seniors can even tell you how effective an argument is. They can't even diagnose what the the actual basis of an argument is, to tell you if it was a good one or a bad one. They don't look at any of this about the same numbers scored below basic meaning. They may struggle to draw conclusions from concepts explicitly included in a text, or use context clues to determine the meaning of an unknown word. So only thirty five percent of these people can determine what a word means by the words around it if they're not familiar with the word, nearly thirty percent.
Speaker 5: Brace yourself here.
Speaker 2: Nearly thirty percent of American adults cannot paraphrase or make inferences from a multi page text. In twenty seventeen, that was less than twenty percent. It's now gone up to nearly thirty percent of Americans one out of three. Basically, they cannot read multiple pages and then paraphrase it to you. Is it just plaining what you just read?
Speaker 9: Just me?
Speaker 4: Are these people writing these opinions and writing these studies and whatever really shoehorning a lot of big, big vocab words into them to make your statement about everybody being dumb even harder to read it? Yes, but.
Speaker 3: Are you telling me?
Speaker 2: Are you telling me you can't read something and if there's a word in there you don't understand, you can look at the text around it and guess what the.
Speaker 1: Word probably means.
Speaker 4: I understand context clues, Yeah, yeah, I see, But they can't. A third of them can't the final thing I want to share with you on this topic, and then we'll take your thoughts. There is a professor who decided to do something very unique and smart.
Speaker 5: His name is Professor Serrano.
Speaker 2: Professor Serrano had all of his students take home the final exam and everybody, all sixty seventy seven students, all seventy seven students in his ECON eleven seventy mid term class or is ECON eleven seventy class, All seventy seven students were able to bring the test home and take it, and all of them scored between ninety and one hundred percent, almost all of them. There were only a few outliers who scored below. There was some person who got a seventy right, but almost everybody got in the nineties.
Speaker 5: You see.
Speaker 2: Then when they got back to class, he said, I'm glad you guys did so well. Now we're going to do the same tests right now in class without the help of any kind of AI that you might use. One student got a ninety five point five percent on the take home version and a ninety five on the one that they did in class. Almost everybody else got like this. One student got one hundred one hundred percent on the take home version and of fifty one percent on the version the professor made them take in class. Somebody got a ninety seven and a forty percent. There were people who got a hundred and then took the test in the class.
Speaker 4: Okay, they just didn't take the test and got zero.
Speaker 5: They didn't take the test.
Speaker 2: Got a zero, or at the very least somebody who got one hundred at home in a sixteen percent on the version that they had them do in class. Let me know what you think is reading dead? What's happening here? Is this a bigger problem?
Speaker 5: Let us know.
Speaker 2: Send it dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com right now. We'll see if AI even recognize the segment or if it was just too boring.
Speaker 4: Care I'm not reading it that.
Speaker 2: Idea, Sean, you should do a long form video on reading.
Speaker 4: What is this reading rainbow on the radio?
Speaker 2: Sean, whatever, whatever your criticism is, it's a problem.
Speaker 5: It's a problem for sure.
Speaker 2: Very quickly, there was a change today for many of you in one of our markets, particularly those of you who are hanging out with us in West Palm Beach rag Now as of five oh one am this morning, The Palm Beach International Airport in Palm Beach County, Florida has officially been renamed to President Donald J. Trump International Airport with the FAA dropping this out there, and they officially did the name change, and they warned that there might be delays because of this.
Speaker 4: Well they even changed the airport code. That's odd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that seems like a pain in the ass too, by the way, huge pain in the ass that this is. Is this one of the flights coming in five oh one a m Palm Beach International National Airport was officially renamed Is this the moment aircraft immediately?
Speaker 9: Palm Beach International Airport is officially President Donald J.
Speaker 3: Trump International Airport, President Donald J.
Speaker 6: Trump International Airport eight at Information Hotel now current.
Speaker 3: Trump al Senator three zero zero nine.
Speaker 2: That's how it came across out shot. Understanding it, Pilo goes, oh, now it's official. Now it's official. They were en route to the airport while the name change took place, like hey, oh, by the way, just so you know, now this is a different airport.
Speaker 5: So the medew And and wes Palm got to deal with a name chain.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what would be an interesting way of approaching this, But I feel like, because it's it's Trump, if there were any videos of this, it might be a little annoying or divisive, but it does happen. It would be funny if they made an announcement, They're like, attention, attention, passengers. At this point, we are it's our duty to inform you that we're no longer flying to Palm Beach International Airport.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, we will not be landing at Palm Beach International Airport. I apologie, like what what what gas? We're instead going to be landing at Donald J. Trump, the President Donald J. Trump International Airport.
Speaker 4: If it were any other name change, it might be an interesting video, but I feel like this one, you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna get some yeah, yeah, just fights all the way around. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over on the Newsjunkie dot com. Right now, quick break, we're back with a pick a side. I've got one for you here. I'm interested to see what you think about this is that is coming up next on the News Junkie. Here we go, I have a pick a side for you, and let me see what I can learn about this. This happened in Texas. So hello to our friends in Texas, and it's got a one point nine million views Texas. Let's go along for the ride, and you pick a side. Who's right. There's a man who's getting in trouble for his speech, for what he is saying, and there's a female police officer attempting to charge him with something or like, you know, find him, you know, have violated some sort of ordinance here. So let's go in. Let's figure out what happened, and let's figure out who's in the right here. Stay by the dump button, se Len because I do not know.
Speaker 4: You said he's getting in trouble for his speech. I uh, okay, Well.
Speaker 2: He's a religious guy, so maybe he doesn't curse. And she's a police officer. Maybe she doesn't curse.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Here we go. This video is going megaviral right now. It is a street pastor and a police officer fighting over freedom of speech. But you have to pick a side to tell us who's right. Let's go on a journey.
Speaker 20: Seems like music, not flucking if someone is offended, but you're tucking then on a problem.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, so that this woman's a police officer, I want you to remember this. I always do find it a little frightening that there are many police officers who do not understand our constitutional rights, even in the slightest.
Speaker 4: I am always a little bit amazed that.
Speaker 18: There's a lot of police officers are like, that's definitely illegal.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, I'm not a cop, and I know that's not illegal.
Speaker 2: This guy is speaking on the sidewalk and he said, I'm below whatever the decibels are for a complaint about my speech.
Speaker 5: And she goes, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: If some but he's offended by your speech, then you have lost out and you can't do this, and you you've broken the law. Basically, I'll start from the beginning.
Speaker 20: It seems like music, not fucking If someone is offended by your talking, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So I would stop the copy right there and go I'm offended by your talking. How do we proceed? How do you suggest? Yeah, somebody says freedom of speech on a traditional public forum, she is dead wrong or not says the police are wrong this this guy seems so.
Speaker 5: Far to be in the right.
Speaker 2: But let's see you.
Speaker 4: Shut us down.
Speaker 7: Speech.
Speaker 4: Okay there, wait, you're gonna take us for offensive speech?
Speaker 7: Are you?
Speaker 2: Serious speech, you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Who condo?
Speaker 5: So she just it's called disorderly conduct.
Speaker 2: This is a police officer in Texas, in the Great State of Texas, in United States of America based police officer is saying that, well, if your speech is offending somebody, then it's not free speech.
Speaker 5: You're not allowed to do that.
Speaker 2: I probably disagree with what this guy is saying, but you know the old phrase that you defend to the death their right to say it, right, some of you have really lost out on that one. I just didn't know that the police officers were among those who have you said, he's a preacher, right, yeah, free preacher. What do we know anything about the speech that was offending people?
Speaker 4: Am I to assume that he was just preaching the word of God and that's what people were offended by.
Speaker 2: I can tell you who he is. His name is Rich Pankowski. I'll give you more about him in a second sea lane. But Rich Pankowski is this preacher. He was at a Pride festival as this was happening, and I guess you can kind.
Speaker 5: Of imagine and what he was saying there.
Speaker 2: But she said, if people are offended by your speech, this is a cop saying this, whoa dude, you're a cop? She should be fired immediately immediately. How can we have law enforcement who has such an adopey view on speech, which is such an important freedom of ours, This lady is crazy speech?
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, are you serious?
Speaker 8: Speech?
Speaker 2: You're gonna site us for a bat has the accompanied by conducts.
Speaker 20: This is the conduct retired police officers or here.
Speaker 4: Twenty six years federal law enforcement.
Speaker 12: So it isn't to do with local.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's federal and nothing to do with local here in the great state of Texas, if you're offended by what somebody's saying, you can stop them and get them arrested. I would just throw the logic at this dumb bitch. Hey, what if I'm offended by what you're saying right now? What if that person's offended by what I'm saying to you? And then around around everybody just has to shut up or we all go to jail because somebody is offended by what we're saying. Bro, there could be hateful things and bad things and good things and all of all of these things out there, but this is just dumb. Are they in California know they're in Texas? Somebody said, this is why First Amendment auditors have a place. They tend to be annoying. But maybe there's a reason. Hell, maybe there's a reason. When people the cops don't know.
Speaker 3: The law, you can do. You'll know the law.
Speaker 4: So I just want to clarify it.
Speaker 8: If anything is said that's offensive, you're gonna write the ticket, complain.
Speaker 20: Wage or what you're saying is offensive.
Speaker 2: Okay, So they cut her off at the end there. I don't know where that went. But if somebody complains that your language is offensive or what you're saying is offensive, then we will write you up. We'll give you you've broken the law basically, Like, that's pretty dumb, man.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't be a cop if you think that.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know how you got through the whole system. I don't know how you got a badge. But let me let me bring up the background on this here, because I want to know more about this preacher. What was he saying to me? I don't care if it's radical Islamists out there, I don't care if it's uh, I don't know people I disagree with just about whatever. If it's people who are completely opposed to me, like, I believe in freedom of speech. If it's anti freedom of speech people and they're like, out there, you shouldn't have a First amend down with the First Amendment, I would still go, hey, they're in a public space. They have the right to say that stuff. Somebody says, see you in court, fair enough, see you in court. But should it be that way, because why shouldn't we see you in court when a cop is the person who doesn't understand the law, you're gonna ticket us for offensive speech. A Fort Worth officer warned somebody at a pride festival, sparking a First Amendment here's the story in front of me celane, and this has got a lot of people talking. A video of a fort Worth police officer warning a street preacher that he could be a cited for offensive speech at Trinity Pride Fest has gone viral. They said, if somebody is offended by your talking, then we have a problem. The officer said. The preacher is rich Penkowski, and he pushed back at the officer's reason. He said, that is a constitutional violation of your rights if you shut us down for talking about speech. The officer clarified her position. She said, no, if they are offended by your speech, to which Pinkowski said, okay.
Speaker 4: Fair.
Speaker 2: Pinkowski appeared to be acknowledging her clarification than conceding the legal point before the exchange escalated further. The officer then told the preacher she intended to cite him. Okay, then I'll write you this ticket and we'll see where we go from there. That is another fundamental problem I have with this. A dumb ass cop who doesn't know that we have freedom of speech, even if she or somebody else finds it to be offensive, can then write you a ticket and will go from there. Well, why doesn't that ever end up in something bad for you? Will I'll write you a ticket. I'm so unbelievably ignorant of the law. I'll write you a ticket and will go from there. Okay, let's bet what happens if you're wrong. What happens if you're wrong as a police officer, You should lose your badge immediately. Right If you want to say you're going to upend my life, cause me issues, make me go to court, you should lose your job immediately. This guy, thankfully knew a little bit more about the law than the officer did. But tell us what you think. Pick a side. Who is in the right here seems like kind of a slam dunk to me. Let us know your thoughts and send your final dispatches in right now over on thenewsjuonki dot com.
Speaker 5: Is there something that I'm missing here? It just seems so blatantly obvious.
Speaker 4: Uh, this is one of the obviiest pick asides you've uh, you've had in a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. In response to the incident, the department said it would provide officers trainees with refresher training on First Amendment protections. So like, oh, I'm sorry that that lady's a little bit dumb. We're going to give him some training to see if we can figure out what happened here.
Speaker 4: Maybe we put just on the MO list. But I mean, if he did take that ticket to court, can't you seek the compensation for whatever lawyer you paid to do this or whatever whatever time it took out of you.
Speaker 2: Maybe I just think if you end up suing because people are saying sue, it's just such a lot of work, and cops are so protected by this stuff. Cops are so protected with qualified immunity and other things that I believe, I firmly believe there should be a system. And if a cop charges you with something and they were so unbelievably wrong about the law that they are they are serving and protecting allegedly right the law that they are sworn to protect. If they were so unbelievably wrong about it, there should be like a three strikes thing, like you get this wrong, you get two more wrong, and then just give us your badge.
Speaker 5: You're out of here. You don't know the law. You get two.
Speaker 2: Strikes, you better start reading the law.
Speaker 4: Points on their badge like they put points on our license. True.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd be fine with that too. Let us know what you think.
Speaker 2: On the way out, we're gonna do our final Dispatcher stories that didn't make the cut. Untidy learned to wrap everything up for a Thursday. I said that fast. Today I learned to wrap everything up for a Thursday. That's coming up next on The New's Chunky Thursday eight PM Secret Show. It's a normal time this week and those of who are new subscribers can jump on board and hear the uncensored shows. If you don't know what it is, it's just a it's a non political funny, fully uncensored show.
Speaker 5: That we do each week.
Speaker 2: And not only with the premium subscription of the website can you unlock that, but you can unlock all the other features, including an ad free live stream and high quality and various other things that you could see on the website.
Speaker 5: Big thanks, by the way to.
Speaker 2: Ciconis for the twenty three gifted subscriptions on the way out. Nice cow, my god, thank you for the amazing support you have shown the show. All right, final dispatches, all of that good stuff. Actually this to final this.
Speaker 1: These are the final.
Speaker 2: Sun will probably own. Yeah, let's see here we go. Let me refresh for the latest and greatest on the dispatch side and make sure that we are getting some good stuff out here to you. Here's shark Bait talking about the Taco Bell slash issue with Taco Bell.
Speaker 22: Hey, they're junkies. What's going on? So this is whatever word that I'm not going to try to pronounce for the big belly problems. Look, I eat Joe call the time, I love me some slim gems, any kind of beef jerky. I had Taco Bell two days in a row this week, and I am fine, So bring on whatever this bug is because it ain't nothing gonna give me down.
Speaker 2: Well, don't say that. Don't just say bring on the bug. I think it could get pretty bad. Actually, that that is not good, especially downstairs.
Speaker 1: Yeah that CycL.
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 2: I don't wish that on my worst enemy. And you're certainly not that. Here's I surfer with a piece of information for Sea Lane.
Speaker 4: Hello, bubber.
Speaker 23: Here, I can tell you without a doubt that if you pee on an electric fence, it will shock you because I did it. I knew it, and I got shocked and it felt really weird, painful, weird, and then I.
Speaker 4: Did it again.
Speaker 2: This almost sounds like a confession, sir.
Speaker 5: That's what it sounds like to me.
Speaker 2: Let's see here here somebody talking about lightning getting struck by lightning anonymous.
Speaker 9: Hey, news, chunkie is this is Laurel. I had a.
Speaker 4: Client about Laurel.
Speaker 2: We need to talk about the definition of the word anonymous. Here he sent in an anonymous dispatch and he's like, hey, this is Laurel Smith from five to five Hodeggan Way, and.
Speaker 9: Who was doing laundry during a lightning storm. Not little bashed in Florida and lightning struck her home, and it traveled through the washer and dryer, and she happened to have her head in the dryer getting the clothes out at the night. It transferred into her skull and it played bumper cards inside her body. She took two years to recover. She was in and out of the hospital for months. Why she had all kinds of neurological issues afterwards.
Speaker 5: Thank you Anonymous. Thank you definitely not Laurel. Yeah, appreciate that. Let's get out of here. Let's do today learned.
Speaker 7: The following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 2: Go so don't get cocky.
Speaker 3: How it's done. What we call.
Speaker 2: Today, it is today learn for a Thursday Today, twenty twenty six. Irish at the beginning, Irish at the end, and again it caught me at the end. Ex did I do something again? I screw. It's not all about me, it's not. It's just sometimes Selan wanting to do a nice Irish goodbye little Irish goodbye accent. Oh okay, it works too, works in many ways. Well, folks, Thanks for hanging out with us today again. Welcome to all the new subscribers. Thanks to all the Gifts Secret Shows live on thenewsjunkie dot com at eight pm tonight. If you can't make that, don't worry if you're a subscriber. If you are a subscriber, you can watch on demand on Fridays at five pm Eastern. Today. Learned this lady right here, Bonnie Tyler. That's right, Rip Bonnie Tyler. Bonnie Tyler's iconic raspy voice was the result of vocal chord surgery everybody. While she was meant to rest her voice, the healing process left her with a unique sound that then became her signature. Born Gaynor Hopkins in nineteen fifty one, Dead twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Said I sound like female.
Speaker 2: Rob Stewart, Yeah, I think she does, kind of. Thank you so much, Freg and I with us. We do appreciate any We're back tomorrow, same time, same place. Miss any of the show. Get the podcast thedewsjunkie dot com. We'll see you later, everybody,