Speaker 1: All right, it's Mojo in the morning show.
Speaker 2: Shannon, you got to tell the story that you told all of us before the show about the joint account that you and your husband have together and.
Speaker 1: Your account was somewhat hacked.
Speaker 3: I guess, oh, yeah, well, okay, so wasn't I don't share. We have separate finances for the most part, but we do have a shared like a debit account that we put money into every paycheck for household expenses, so things like groceries and bills like our dte bill, lawn care, the alarm company, our cell phones get taken out of this joint account that we both put money into the pot so to speak.
Speaker 2: Is that is that something that you guys both came up with or how did you guys come up doing that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I guess we did.
Speaker 3: When we were talking about how we were going to do finances, which is an ongoing discussion by the way, since we've gotten married.
Speaker 2: I always wondered about that because of you know, when people get in the second marriages. I always wonder how you guys do it because you already have your stuff in your own accounts, and then how you decide who you're paying for it? Do you feel like you guys have our roommates sometimes, like when you're doing that, like when you're paying the bills and stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't love it, Honestly, it's funny that you're talking about this. I don't love how we're doing it right now. We've done it for a little over a year, and we're having conversations about how like we're noticing we need to change how we're doing it. Yeah, like it's been a trial and we need to make some adjustments for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, especially after you tell this, especially with this dm.
Speaker 3: Joint account, okay, because I'm noticing that I can see it on my phone. The account doesn't ever have a ton of money in it, And I'm like, where in the heck is this money going? Because we sat down and created a spreadsheet so we knew how much money needed to go into the account every month so that we could cover all of our expenses and then estimated expenses right like groceries and stuff. And so I'm like, what in the heck where's this money going? So I go into my app and I look at it, and that man is so busted because he has been using our shared account to treat himself to a nice little breakfast at a beautiful little coffee shop several days a week, and he's paying for it out of this shared account. And oh, if it was one or two times, I'd be like, oh, the cards are both read, they look the same.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: Oh No, I said something to him about it, and I was like, look that that's not a joint that's not a household expense, and this account is only for household expenses. So you treating yourself to breakfast, which I love, go ahead and do it on your way to work, but that is not that comes out of West's own separate bank account. When he gave me his excuse, keV, my head almost exploded. I was the character of anger from inside out. I couldn't feel the fire coming out of my head. He said, well, because I said, there are plenty of breakfast options at home, like grab food here before you go, and he's like, well, sometimes we don't have any food here, so I have to go out, and then it becomes a household expense.
Speaker 1: It's actually we talk about rational.
Speaker 5: So my response back was then go to the grocery store with the shared account card.
Speaker 3: This my face looking at him like I had to call myself before I.
Speaker 2: Had an answer. If that's the case, we're all hungry right now too. Can we can we use the red card? Can we order from?
Speaker 1: But like I can see, I can see where he's.
Speaker 3: Going Lula's Cafe, Common Well Chomp.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, let us.
Speaker 5: These places are very nice. It's not like he's going through Tim Horton's.
Speaker 1: You know, like this is interesting.
Speaker 2: So when you guys do your accounts and stuff, so you have you guys have this one account. He's got his own account. You got your own account. So when you buy something for Lucy and Smith, do you have to take it out of your account?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, so you take it out of your account.
Speaker 2: And when he has to buy for Samantha and Kieren, he takes it out of his account. And then if it's something that the whole family, Lucy, Smith, Kieren and Samantha are gonna.
Speaker 3: Have together, if it's a household thing, yeah, it comes out of the account.
Speaker 2: Like save for instance that he's save for instance that he's gonna buy a badminton set. I don't know why I said a badminton like household. Say, he's gonna okay, so that's a household expense. So but what happens if Smith and Lucy don't like the badminton? This is where like I would I would wonder about that.
Speaker 1: Do y'all because you know, one day when I get married, I need to understand these questions. Do you just say that I'm gonna get married?
Speaker 6: You are?
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to be like the black Hugh Heffman, I'm still who I am.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to be the guy that's going to be out there having a million girls bunnies all over.
Speaker 1: I can't do that, okay, But like, do y'all put the same amount and and join the count.
Speaker 3: Yes, but he will argue right now that I'm not putting in money, and there's a I'm not putting in as much money, and there's a reason, and it's because sometimes if we have a big expense there, I look at the account and I'm like, I can't use the card. There's not enough money in here, So I'll pay it out of mine. And I kind of keep track and go, Okay, I've already put in of my own money.
Speaker 1: What I did?
Speaker 3: You see what I mean? So it's not that's what I'm saying. It's no, but it's not working. Ok we need to come up with something different. Okay, it's not working.
Speaker 2: Do you think do you think it will ever come down to like just let's just throw it all in one account.
Speaker 1: I said. I said that the other day.
Speaker 3: I was like, why don't we just put like we each have money taken out of our paychecks for like m E sp and like a four to oh one K. I'm like, whatever's left over, let's just dump it all into the same pot. And he goes, Okay, listen to what you're saying. So when you pay your credit card, it's coming out of this and I'm going to have questions. And I was, yeah, we'll figure because my my spending is different than in his spending.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So so he just is going out for breakfast, you're going out to the.
Speaker 1: You're going to my money going to the south end of the of the summer. Second's yeah, no, I wish it's my money.
Speaker 3: But he's like, you know, if it comes out of the joint account, then I have questions.
Speaker 2: You need to do what every married woman, including probably my wife, does.
Speaker 1: You need to have your your secret stash sash for show? You think so? I don't have to do. I don't share my credit card bill with him. You get your secret stash from that super pretty right now. Like one time, one.
Speaker 2: Time I said to Chelsea, I I go, Chelse, do you have any cash at all?
Speaker 1: I need some cash? And she goes, yeah, I'll be right back.
Speaker 2: She comes back and she gives me a hundred dollar bill, Like, not just seventeen dollars and ninety seven cents out.
Speaker 1: Of her purse? Should give you a hundred dollars bill? Like, where's that from?
Speaker 2: She goes, never mind, it was one of those I saw she had to well, you know what it was. She blames it on COVID. She said, remember during COVID, everybody thought the banks were going to close down. She started taking money out. I'm like, you were, like, I didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: I never believe women when they say they don't have money, Oh they got I never believe it. What's up, David high Never Hey.
Speaker 4: Good morning guys, Good morning. Hey I you Shannon, you just insulted my bank account. You really did. You're talking about Lettuce and these brunch places, these high falutin French places.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I'm over here feeling guilty. Going to Tim Hornets. Yeah, like no, trust me.
Speaker 3: And by the way, even if he was doing that, still not a household expense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tim Basbee fired though I ain't gonna hold you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they need to bring back this hour cream glazed. But yes, I agree with you, David.
Speaker 1: Yeah's talking to you, David real quick. You think your wife's got a little secret stash of your cash somewhere? Oh for sure.
Speaker 4: She she she goes to Starbucks and I know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah Starbucks.
Speaker 2: No, you know what my wife or not my wife? My mom used to do when I was a little kid. I remember my mom used to go to the grocery store and she would always ask for money over. She would always do that, like should should ask for money over? And then the thing that I was telling a friend this story, and a friend said to me, he goes he found out that his wife was going to Kroger and buying gift cards. So she was buying like the groceries for the whole family, but then buying visa gift cards for her purchases that she didn't want her husband to know about. So she was finding finding a way to go and be able to purchase you know, the handbags and stuff off of that. We should call that restaurant that you said that he goes to what's we should call it and we should say that, man, there's a man in there with really nice hair, that dresses nice, that stole our credit card.
Speaker 5: Hold on a second, actually, I'm gonna check his location and see that one of those places.
Speaker 1: Miss mid Victor wants to make a comment.
Speaker 6: Hey, good morning, guess Shinnon. Dude, how high can his breakfast bill be? The guy's like ninety six pounds? Like good, like you could be. I can see you cutting them off, like a half a granola bar for breakfast.
Speaker 1: Here you go, make sure you eat all of it. I watched stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I watched on her story yesterday, West opening the refrigerator, looking at the refrigerator to see what kind of food's in there, and he was like, who ate all the apples?
Speaker 1: I'm like, who Yeah, I watched.
Speaker 6: I watched that video, no joke, like nine times because I was trying to figure out if that's the tallest fridge in the world or if the West is really that short here.
Speaker 5: I think too, because of the way I was like crouched out in my chair filming him so he wouldn't see me because he was like singing this little song about there being.
Speaker 1: No food in the house. You know what's funny though about the refrigerator.
Speaker 2: Compared to refrigerator ours has styrofoam containers from to goat boxes. In ours, Shannon's got like a nice array of like healthy snacks and food in there, like you're you.
Speaker 6: And I could see I could see Shannon doing the thing that like everybody's doing where they they bring home the eggs and take it out of the container and put it in the plastic containers, taking out and color coding.
Speaker 1: I love everything behavior, that behavior when because I do. I don't do it for like aesthetics, and I don't do it for everything, but I do do it for the eggs. You know that cart in his vand has been in warehouses all put it in the fridge.
Speaker 2: Do you do you also wash the lettuce and put it in a bowl in there? Or what do you do like just bag letters?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, wait a say Kevin, Kevin, you're worried about where eggs have been. Do you remember how you got pink eye?
Speaker 1: I said, the cart? I know what I don't imagine what are you are you?
Speaker 6: Are you eating the eggs like with the shell on? Are you putting the shells in?
Speaker 1: It's about the car brings up a great point. You gotta know how I got