Speaker 1: Welcome back, Patrick Morning Show.
Speaker 2: I was just listening to uh Chris Sims head justin Jefferson on from the locker room.
Speaker 1: This is all about taking one from the fingers potential, uh and of course going out there with energy, with the confidence, uh to make those players whatever you call them. What about your young QB right talk about him? Big game.
Speaker 3: Right here?
Speaker 1: What's up J? Yeah?
Speaker 2: He was right there beside uh JJ when they were doing the interview, and Sims had no idea, so he asked him a question about J and he just turned the phone right there, look at him, young and having fun. I like JJ's good dude, man, both of them. Actually like those guys.
Speaker 1: We need more JJ.
Speaker 4: We do.
Speaker 3: Saus name other famous jjs. Jimmy John's that's one.
Speaker 1: I could always use more. Jimmy J. Parker, help him out. I can't think of any more but JJ Walker, J J. J. Watt, Sure what J J. Wentworth? Wentworth J. There's a many JJ's. I thought you did fine. Yeah. Oris Dobb calls Jimmy John's double one needles. Gotta hate him. You do hate him? Yeah, I just don't like it anything he said. Remember you tried to hire a Hitman to kill Swab.
Speaker 3: I wanted Brett Hart to wrestle him.
Speaker 1: Brett Hart bred heart waled. Is he dead? I'm pretty sure he's dead.
Speaker 3: So almost all of our heroes in the eighties are dead and as you say.
Speaker 1: Their bothers, Brett Hart is still with us. Get out of here.
Speaker 3: That's like the fourth time in a week I've thought somebody was dead and they aren't.
Speaker 1: He still sixty eight.
Speaker 5: He still owns the Calgary hit Man in the Western Hockey League.
Speaker 1: Brett Hart Man make a lot of dead. I thought he was. That makes sense. Loves his hockey. Yeah you met him? Uh No.
Speaker 5: I was been in the same building with him a couple of times playing against the hit Man, but yeah, I know, I never got to meet him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he it was. It was cool.
Speaker 5: Like the uniforms that everything had is like it's a hockey player kind of in their hit Man outfit and whatnot and black and pink and that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Here's something for you guys. We'll going forard to news. I did not realize, but I had a couple of people ask me why didn't JJ do the gritty after a touchdown?
Speaker 1: Did you guys notice he didn't do it. Yeah, they talked about that. Yeah, he's talking about it here. You didn't finish the play? Where was the gritty? Why didn't you break out the gritty today? It's been it's been so long I've been in the end zone, and of course we've been. We've been playing in this hostile environment.
Speaker 2: So I had to live a couple of fans at the highs and give him a little stare.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How about that? So he was busy talking trash. Yeah, that's exactly what he was doing.
Speaker 2: Man, I love it. It's good dude, man. All right, should we do the news?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Alan Parker came here early to make sure he heard the news because he was on what's going on in the one.
Speaker 1: This prist Hockey presented by the twenty twenty six IIHF World Junior Championship.
Speaker 2: What do you think is that bro that's baying get to the world genius?
Speaker 5: The next NHL players right there right here, we can watch them. It's a great Tournament's amazing tournament. It's honestly god, it's it's the biggest hockey tournament you can play in up until you get to like the NHL or the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Right, thank you, you're welcome. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: The million dollar powerball ticket that was sold in Sherburn has not yet been claimed. The winning numbers twelve two, twenty two, thirty nine sixty and in the power ball was fifteen case. The general store there in Sherburn. If you were there they sold a ticket, it might have been you. You better check your tickets man right up there by Saint Cloud. That's right, that's right, that's right. The Mega Million's jackpot keeps growing. It now stands at an estimated eight hundred and forty three million dollars. There was no grand prize winner. And Tuesday Nights drawing last.
Speaker 1: Night, next go ahead seventeen thirty two five eight forty seven.
Speaker 2: It's the best. I mean, that's every one of us, right, I know. Friday sights shrawing. That takes a place, the power ball, it takes place tonight. It stands at an estimated four in thirty eight million. If you want to settle for that, I guess you can. But yeah, a major healthcare system in Maine is apologizing Parker.
Speaker 1: What do they do?
Speaker 2: They mistakenly sent condolence letters to patients about the her own deaths.
Speaker 1: I'm getting one of those that's like a Corey player there.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, wait a minute, yeah yet, but here's just like to be prepared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, over five hundred patients, guy letters. An error in a computer system used for generating estate vendor letters is blamed for the mistake. Spokesperson said, whatever, not a very good spokesperson. Yeah that's not yeah good, No, that's a blast of Arctic air is coming our away this weekend, bringing a deep freeze to millions of people. Temperatures are expected to fall from the Dakotas all the way down to Florida. Hell yeah, yeah, mine, with forecasters saying it will feel more like January than November. That's about ten to fifteen degrees below average. In the meantime, the western half of the country can expect above average temperature this weekend. So take a little vacation of your one who cares? Go Aheadah, I want to do go clone your dog?
Speaker 1: V you man?
Speaker 2: You do you sad and horrifying. You know, guys, I've told you guys about this before. I've spent a lot of time in Louisville. You can't believe the amount of planes taking off and landing for UPS at that airport. You just can't believe it. It's happening all the time. Whenever you hear that there's a pilot shortage, it's because UPS has hired all the pilots.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable. Right, Well, yesterday tragedy, uh death.
Speaker 2: The death toll in the UPS cargo jet crashing Louisville has grown up to at least seven. The governor posted the news on x saying the numbers expected to rise even more. Eleven others are injured, with two uncritical condition. The MD eleven, crashed on takeoff full of fuel late Tuesday afternoon, has departed for Honolulu. There were three crew members on board. Their status is uncertain, but I'm gonna guess, you know, yeah, I guess didn't go well for them. But man, and the fuel, of course on fire just spread like yeah, yes, wildfire. Yeah, terrible, terrible yeah. And it's crazy, isn't Because it's one thing to be in a plane crush, but on takeoff so full of fuel like that, going to Honolulu from trip and somebody in Honolulu right now is going but where's my tide?
Speaker 1: And damn it? Pissed?
Speaker 6: I don't know how we're going to keep up with online shopping and all that kind of stuff, like the way the world's going.
Speaker 1: Like, I would never go in a store anymore.
Speaker 5: Never, you guys, Never, I'm park I literally go into a stuff.
Speaker 6: Sorry red Co Taylor does. But I like, I'll maybe go to Trailer Joe's once every two weeks. And that's that's it. You don't go to Target, No, that's I can just do it on Amazon.
Speaker 2: The joy of pushing the car, buying a Starbucks and see, there's.
Speaker 6: No joy that you could just do the Target pick up and you just fill it out and.
Speaker 5: They put it in your try and you get a little bit older, Parker, you're gonna look forward to going to somebody's gonna be wandering.
Speaker 3: Around again, especially once you start having a family, you start having kids, sometimes you just want to.
Speaker 1: Get out of it.
Speaker 3: For you, guys, you can go push an empty cart, you throw on some AirPods, you do about forty laps, and then you can say they were all out.
Speaker 5: Take a couple of kids, and you're the heroes.
Speaker 1: There you go, all right, I got legs to look forward to legos, legos and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do you I love going to target. Really, I love going places. I like, uh, you know, wandering around contemplating life. Yeah, like what who's gonna buy random copies of magazines about the most wounded places in America?
Speaker 6: You can buy magazines. I don't think I've ever purchased a magazine in my life.
Speaker 1: Magazine in the World, It's over, It's over. The World is movie.
Speaker 6: I do remember when I was little, they was you were never There's always like a bunch of magazines as you go to the checkout line. Now they don't, they don't have that anymore. You know, where'd you buy your magazine?
Speaker 1: Talk every store? Well, he had subscriptions to all of them. Yeah, he gets People Magazine. Well, I like people. They don't like me, but I like them. Parker, you would have liked Slam magazine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would have liked Sports Illustrated back in the day.
Speaker 1: You did have a subscription to that back.
Speaker 5: But I wasn't buying it, no, man, I love Illustrated for kids when that one came out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great Sporting News outstanding. How do you buy clothing and stuff like that? You just buy it all online? Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 6: Mainly Taylor Bus for me to be honest with you, or I just get a bunch of stuff from playing the past couple of years. So past couple yeah, past a.
Speaker 1: He loved it.
Speaker 2: Let's see what else is going on in the world talking about all that now, I don't want to talk to you about that. Oh yeah, no, I forget it. That's enough, man, Okay, yes, know what's going on?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, yeah, I hear.
Speaker 2: How about this winter weather rapidly approaching? Is as you mentioned, as I mentioned in North Dakota Department of Transportation starting its annual name of plow contest. And I've already submitted all my answers have been turned away again, boy oh boy, you know.
Speaker 3: Man, And here with his idea for the twenty twenty five plow is the fans sauce.
Speaker 7: Uh it's a good question. Uh plowey plowee two by four?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this idea hasn't ripped me.
Speaker 1: That's a terrible name. Oh that's good. The mom plower, Yeah wow, stepmom. Yeah that one.
Speaker 2: That one, actually, that that one last year, the.
Speaker 7: Stock plower do another one?
Speaker 2: The rhyme something the rhymes were sled.
Speaker 1: Oh, the the head whoa wow, But it's the head. Guys, don't smoke like that story.
Speaker 3: I just couldn't believe how long it's to get to come. All right, The sports is next. Hey, what's a word that rhymes with sports?
Speaker 1: Morts?
Speaker 5: Morts nickname sort?
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 8: Time now for the Viking Report, presented by Hyvey, the official Growthery partner of the Minnesota Vikings linebacker Jonathan Grenard. It joins the Power Trip next thanks to Ivy.
Speaker 1: Now, whoa god, that was loud.
Speaker 2: Wow, I got to delete that.
Speaker 1: That was great. That got me and maybe feel I'm away. Thank you, good, Welcome back. Talk to Morns show. Here we are seven twenty four, it's Wednesday. Parker Parker is over there, Parker.
Speaker 2: Fox and our markers and we'll have our friend Kat Perkins coming a little bit.
Speaker 1: Talk about me in a rock star. Hey, that's the best.
Speaker 2: Hey, Parker, hellou, what was one drill or part of practice that you just hated? Like for us man when they would tell us wagon wheels, I hated.
Speaker 1: It kind of twofold.
Speaker 6: So like there was always like the defensive stuff that you hated, right, like the shell drill.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 6: Basically, it's just like you mocked playing defense for thirty seconds, so you had to be in a stant and like talk and your legs are burning, and it's just like you don't want to be there because it's fun. It's like that was like the non fun part. But then there was like this drill where you would have to go take a charge and then you'd have to like wall up, like a defensive wall up, and then the coach would throw the ball at half court and you would have to run and dive on the ground and.
Speaker 1: Get the ball. So it's like a fifty to fifty play loose ball situation.
Speaker 6: But you would always get a four burn, so like either a hip or a elbow or something like that. So you would always leave practice with a four burn. It was just the most unnecessary thing to have a practice. So I know this is a basketball player.
Speaker 1: The reason I'm laughing.
Speaker 5: Thing which is funny, is like that was the worst, one of the worst drills that I ever did.
Speaker 1: Too, is it was always when we got bag skined.
Speaker 5: When we were just doing a tounch of a ton of conditioning, whether well, whether we deserved it because we played like crap, or whether we just needed to get in shape. But this one was we were getting in a whole heck of a lot of trouble in Seattle. So it was an hour and a half, zero pucks on the ice, just skating, just absolutely just skating until he could try and get as many of us to throw up as possible anymore. Again, and at the at the end of practice, coach next Donnie Knockbar, who's a heavyweight in the NHR. I love Donnie, I really did. I adored him as a coach, but this was one of the coolest things he did. So we were just you can imagine, we're all just fired up, we're angry as hell, like we're just and he just takes a puck, throws it out to center ice and says who wants it most, and.
Speaker 1: We all just sprinted as the whole.
Speaker 5: Team sprinted to center ice, and bodies were flying anywhere.
Speaker 1: I don't think the puck moved.
Speaker 5: Sounds like talk about unnecessary, had conference trying and we were trying to hurt each other.
Speaker 1: We were so mad at that point. Necessary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's another one free, Parky right now? Yeah, what, what's the sickest you ever were while actually playing a game?
Speaker 6: Yeah, last year at Wisconsin, I felt fine. Traveling there, and then I had to keep it clean for the radio. Both ends were both ends action. Yeah, right, So I took I take tore it off for games. Was like a painkiller. And I took that about thirty minutes before and so I didn't really feel anything. But Stephen Krall, big seven footer on Wisconsin first play of the game, you could tell they were going to go at me the first possession because he was a seven footer. I'm only about six eight, So they were going to go right at me to start the game because I was matched up with him, and he puts a shoulder into my chest and the mouth end didn't explode the other. So it was terrible, dude, Yeah, it was nasty. But then we flew straight from We flew straight from Wisconsin to Maryland on this little private jet. There was only one extra seat and it was me cuddle up in the fetal position with barf bags. I filled up three barf bags on this little private jet. It was the sickest I had ever been in my life. I got to Maryland, I slept for like twenty hours, and my parents were at the game Wisconsin, and I ran out from Mormont, so My mom.
Speaker 1: Was like, why do you look like that?
Speaker 6: And I was like what, She goes, you are pale as a ghost, so she she could tell I was sick. Nobody else knew. But yeah, that was the sickest I had ever been. I had zero points. I like, I was just it was pointless of having me out there in the court.
Speaker 1: It was so bad.
Speaker 6: And then we had this like coming to Jesus meeting after the game where we sat there for like forty five minutes and just like discussed why we lost and everything, like can we wrap this up? Like I'm literally sitting in my own bodily fluids here.
Speaker 2: So you played that, you didn't like go off the court.
Speaker 6: And yeah, no, I went off the court and got new pressure shorts everything.
Speaker 1: My lord, Yeah it was I just kind of probably should have shared it. Shouldn't have shared that.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, yeah, that dude, that was That was a nightmare. That was the worst thing I'd ever been a part of. And it's like it sucks because you were playing Wisconsin, so you're so excited to play Wisconsin at Wisconsin and it's like we never beat them. So it's like my fourth year there and I was like we're gonna finally beat on the whole deal. And I just couldn't even help the team at all, which was the worst party.
Speaker 2: You know, Like there's a whole group of Wisconsin players who maybe don't even know your nome, but they remember the guy who smelled like crap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they remember that one guy.
Speaker 3: Or maybe they spent the entire game going which one of these Gophers crapped their pants.
Speaker 1: Then they turned it into a murder mystery floor.
Speaker 2: That poor kid who had to run out with the rag and wipe the flour off.
Speaker 1: All that bad.
Speaker 2: Anyway, It's Wisconsin, you're right, Yeah, he's not fun.
Speaker 1: All right? So you want to do some sports, It's.
Speaker 8: Time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around your timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 1: The Vikings host the Ravens on Sunday at noon, pregame at ten. We can get into that next with Vikings News. Week ten of the NFL season starts tomorrow with the seven and two Broncos hosting the two and six Raiders. Denver is a nine and a half point favorite. Anybody is in Denver already? Did look already? Did? I got him? This week? Yeah? Already did. That's a good pick though, short week. The Raiders are terrible. Yeah.
Speaker 7: We had two huge trades in the NFL yesterday. The Jets traded Sauce Gardner to the Colts for two first round picks and a wide receiver. Then the Jets traded defensive tack defensive tackle Quinn Williams to the Cowboys for a twenty twenty six second round pick and a twenty twenty seven first round pick and a defensive tackle that they drafted in Michigan from Michigan a few years ago was not panned out.
Speaker 1: The Seahawks got Rashid Shaheed too. Thats a big pick. That's a good pickup. Yeah, good for Sam Darnold.
Speaker 7: The Gopher football team is off this week, but they will battle the Ducks a week from Friday at eight pm pregame at six.
Speaker 1: Conducks fly yeah, yeah, all of them they fly together. Yeah. Yeah, the V formation. Yeah, Hawk's favorite Ivy.
Speaker 7: The Wild Perry beat the Predators three to and overtime.
Speaker 1: The Preds go ahead, No, you go ahead. The Preds tied it up with like a second left and the third but then Marcus Johansson got an odd game winning goal. Because the stanchion came off the Wilder at the Hurricanes.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, it's time for the Hockey Minute with Mark Parrish, brought to you by our friends at Saint Cloud State University.
Speaker 5: First of all, go Huskies, you know what, Yeah, Will, last night, they're coming around.
Speaker 1: Thanks, they're turning around for him.
Speaker 5: There was just it was a tough sled in there, the first starting to go, first start of this season.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, but no.
Speaker 5: They found their legs a couple of games ago, gainst some confidence and the Nashville is a much better team than last year, as they should be with their lineup. Steven Samcos with an absolute snipe.
Speaker 1: No goal in the.
Speaker 5: NHL is going to stop that puck with the point two seconds left, and yeah, we talked about the the ot winner and then it was the right call and Johansson finished the play rightfully. So thankfully he didn't stop playing. He finished that play and we got the big two points. But you know what, let's talk about a little Saint Cloud State Huskies. Last weekend, the Saint Cloud State Huskies played the number three Western Michigan team and they lost to Western Michigan six' Five friday. Night but you know, what they turned around and beat him five to one On saturday. Night and this weekend we got the Mighty Minnesota Duloof's bulldogs up In.
Speaker 1: DULUTH a couple of games this. Weekend Go. Huskies it was. Good whooped up on The. Gophers they're they're always. Good. Sailin He's, Scott he's got that. Team they.
Speaker 5: Play they play playoff hockey man year. Round they're ready To they played to win hockey games. Period it's a it's a fun team to. Watch their good.
Speaker 1: Team.
Speaker 5: Uh they've obviously been one of the more dominant teams in this state over the last dozen years or, so SO i know it's gonna be a good test for The. Huskies and you, KNOW i love those interstate. ROBBERIES i used to love those games in the old w c H. A going into The looth of, course it was a much different. Building they got the beautiful Am Soil. Arena now we had the old deck and it was a hostile environment.
Speaker 1: AND i absolutely adored. It nailed, It Perry Honey. Hockey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey by the, Way, SAUCY i Took Green bay this?
Speaker 3: Week?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 6: Yeah who did were they? Playing they got The eagles right. This, yeah isn't The Eagles Packers monday?
Speaker 1: Nights it right? There so it's got to be then on my, Partner, well don't you have till eight a. M To? Yeah, yeah. Tomorrow oh, yeah it's Only. Wednesday, yeah AND i took. Them that WAS i thinking back.
Speaker 6: Then maybe you like The. Packers it's okay if you. DO i don't like The. Packers they're due for a bounce back. Though, yeah is that? It?
Speaker 1: NO i got. MORE i was just listening To. Hawk is that all? Right? Oh dead air for like nineteen. Seconds, no we were listening To. Hawk was nineteen Good? County did you blackout The? Hawk talk about who we? Picked what's going on with The? Timberwolves? Sauce they battled The knicks tonight at six. Thirty Anthony edwards is questionable and might. Play The knicks are four and a half point. Favorites. SWEET i was lying by the WAY i took The seahawks to beat The. Cardinals it's a good, pick thank. You, yeah that's WHO i. Picked. Nice no one cares WHAT i. Do you can only keep for.
Speaker 3: Humanity the entire filmography Of Ben siller Or Timothy Shallow May timothy shallop.
Speaker 1: Shock, Still dune is, good Though dune is real? Good this? Saw how Many shallome movies can you? Name are?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Is halen? One?
Speaker 6: Sure but think about how much more we're gonna get With Shallow. May he's, young but like h.
Speaker 1: Is it movies he's been in or?
Speaker 3: Directed that's a different, conversation but, fine just the ones that he's been, In, Oh Shallow. May they named shalame. Movies dune, One dune, two that's, two The Bob dylan movie, Three Willie wonka.
Speaker 1: Four. Nice he's also In.
Speaker 3: How many of those have you? Seen i've seen The Bob dylan? One, yep great. Movie but about doing?
Speaker 1: One? No what about doing?
Speaker 8: Two?
Speaker 1: No what About? Wonka?
Speaker 3: No so you would take The Bob dylan movie over the entire filmography Of Ben?
Speaker 7: Stiller, No i'd probably Because Ben stiller's In Happy. Gilmour SO i would Take Ben stiller.
Speaker 3: AND i mean a billion other Dodgeball Larry is something About?
Speaker 1: Mary, yeah, yeah That's Ben. Stiller, yeah you were really quick to Say Shallow may. Too but he's a great.
Speaker 3: Director The fantasticape From Dena mora whatever that's called that super, good se get it is. Great who Does corey just gotta stick with. It the coy smarter THAN i.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: COREY i was confused as hell during season two as. Well but they answered almost all the. Questions you just got to get to the. End, ye they got to just hold on and trust.
Speaker 1: It Ask parker during the break what. Happened he'll tell.
Speaker 2: ME i got Guy elbo's the other guy and he poops his.
Speaker 1: Pants, yeah that was a. Shoulder that was a. Shoulder, YEAH i didn't watch the severance was The yeah he got you got you got a severance papers after he pop on the.
Speaker 5: Floor, yeah that's that's common that that. Happens happening, happens you're kind of if you're not ready for. It and, yeah never happened to, me of, course never hasn't happened to me.
Speaker 1: Yet, WELL i had.
Speaker 5: TEAMMATES i had teammates that would just if they had to, pee they just pissed.
Speaker 1: Themselves, really, yeah the trainers.
Speaker 5: Would the trainers would be playing rock paper scissors for who had to get take care of their?
Speaker 1: Equipment, Man, yes and these are the people we put on. Pedestals bunch of grown men pee in their.
Speaker 2: Pants, yeah, well don't stand under.
Speaker 8: Them.
Speaker 1: On, yeah to perform for you. Guys don't worry about. It it's. Pleasure take your. Leak do what you gotta. Do, yeah, man take your. Leak leak it. Out, yeah leak it. Out that's A Lincoln park, Song, really isn't? It leak it? Out leak it. Out the college football playoff rankings were released.
Speaker 7: Yesterday Ohio, State, Indiana, TEXAS a AND m And bama make up the top.
Speaker 1: Four they would get five weeks if it started. Today b Y, U Notre, Dame Old, Miss, Virginia, Texas, Tech, Oregon georgia And memphis make up the rest of. Them sweet a weird order to go. In but, hey, man you do? You i'm. SORRY i can't, SORRY i can't please. You i'm so. Angry and why do you hate? ME i don't hate you, Angry yes you. Do you don't like? Me Hey, Parker, hell did you do the tip off all? TIME i did my the two years, ago but last Year Dawson garcia did. It, yeah it makes.
Speaker 3: Sense controversial basketball take the jump ball should? Go, REALLY i think he's the dumbest thing in basketball. Ball how do you start the? GAME i, mean flip coin coin flip or, whatever and then you just alternate possessions the rest of the. Way it's you have a little guy that just throws.
Speaker 1: It, up but then two giants.
Speaker 6: Swaps so dumb is our assistant coach would always, say get, yourself get your team an extra. Possession well that's not true because then at halftime the other team that didn't get it's going to get the. Ball so it's technically not an extra, possession.
Speaker 1: Right, exactly it's just flip jump, balls got to.
Speaker 6: Go but there is sometimes like there's some plays off the jump off you can win. It Like rutgers had this, kid Cliff A, morier and he was like seven foot with a huge, wingspan and they had a tip play where they would win the jump ball tips point and they would always get like a dunk off of the tip that didn't sound the dunk the tip.
Speaker 1: Park, yeah you, know don't tell me what to. Do it's good advice For oreos for. Sure, Yeah oreos dunk a Ruse. Slaus you know WHAT i Put oreos in Mill now it doesn't matter HOW i. Say no one's corrected.
Speaker 6: Me Come, King.
Speaker 1: Viking's news is.
Speaker 4: Next i'll go back.
Speaker 2: Anyway parks right, here we are, Hey, parker did you ever do anything stupid off the?
Speaker 6: COURT i told you guys a story about WHEN i got suspended right for two games in high.
Speaker 1: School, yep, YEAH i don't, remember tell ME i. Uh we had this rivalry With Tartan High. School it's minea me Ever's. Tartan so it was a.
Speaker 6: A thing where if we ever Beat tartan At, tartan we would come back to the high school and it was always a girls guy's, doubleheader so it was a late. Game So i'd always get there, late be like eleven, o'clock so we thought no one was. Around and this was probably going on for about five six years BEFORE i got, there but you would just take a lap around the school in your.
Speaker 1: Underwear it was just like the.
Speaker 6: Thing so this time we Beat tartan my senior, year we got back and we did the lap around the school in our, underwear and a couple of us took a little too far and took the end of were. Off and probably five years ago they didn't have security. Cameras in twenty seventeen they did And Madame medai if you ever been To Moname High, school but there's a little service road that splits the high school in the middle, school and there was one kid who hadn't gotten picked up for middle school ski, club so he saw it and reported. It AND i don't even think he saw, it but maybe he. Did but, anyways we that was A. Friday we got to school On monday and we would call all the whole team was called in the principal's office and basically all the starters were suspended for one game and a couple other guys were suspended for two. Games so even the coach was suspended for like holding the door open.
Speaker 1: Everything and.
Speaker 6: We Played Saint Thomas academy and the rumor got out that we were mooning the middle school ski club bus in like broad, daylight AND i was, like that is not the case at, All like we weren't trying to harm. Anybody we're just trying, to you, know bring this tradition. On BUT i remember texting the college COACH i was committed. TO i was, Like, hey you're not going to see me in the box. SCORE i uh ran around my school.
Speaker 1: Naked that's exactly why we were. Curteous what we're looking we want that heart prove.
Speaker 2: What about like something that maybe you're like a you shouldn't have, Been like you were racing go karts with your friends and you both your pinky, finger but you never told.
Speaker 1: Anybody you told me you did it on the court and like. That like knuckle push.
Speaker 6: Ups, yeah, yeah no naked knuckle push, Ups, no nothing like. THAT i honestly was both my parents are, educators so it was like if any IF i did, anything it would be out in the school like. That SO i had to always be be. Good LIKE i didn't drink in high, school didn't do any of that. Stuff, LIKE i was always just like a straight. Arrow SO i had that same. Thing my mom was Teacher, kennedy AND i went To. Bloomington's she of course her best friends were the.
Speaker 5: Teachers so, YEAH i just should THOUGHT i was the silent little.
Speaker 6: GUY i lied about my broken pinky. Toe everybody thought it was like a bast. Injury BUT i just broke it AND i hit the couch with it and broke. It, so oh that was a bad. One but broke your pinky toe on the. Couch, yeah that's the worst feeling in the. World, yeah that was. Painful it's.
Speaker 1: Terrible, yeah That's idios shot her around the. World so, man after you do it a bunch of, times but, no nothing. CRAZY i was tried to be a straight.
Speaker 2: Arrow did you ever try to Defend Hunter? DICKINSON i did play defense On Hunter. Dickinson he's seven to, one he's, huge and he loves to. Complain so, yeah big.
Speaker 6: Guy but he was like he was Not he was kind of, soft like he'd rather just shoot little floaters and little jump shots and just like go his shoulder into, you versus Like Zach, edy who was seven to, four who would just like his elbows were about your huge.
Speaker 1: Bit he was, massive.
Speaker 2: Sucky i'm looking at this big man from The big ten the last ten.
Speaker 1: Years you know Who Zach edy. Is zach gave you that.
Speaker 3: Magazine brilliant magazines are cool part look into.
Speaker 1: IT i. Guess, yeah you guys still use them like you're Still. NO i don't get them anymore of. THEM i have them delivered to my. HOME i love. Them, yeah every like four months he'll drop off all the magazines He scott and they always. Disappear. Yeah are they? Sticky some of them? Are, Yeah i'm not. Sure some of ye fair.
Speaker 3: ENOUGH i remember being a younger douchebag THAN i am now and like getting Getting maxim magazine AND i would Get maxim and all of the articles would be, like here's how you dressed to get chicks and here's how you. Grill And i'm, Like i'm not going to do any of, this and of course MAYBE i should should. Have maybe it would have, Helped maybe it was the blueprint for. Success And i'm, Like i'm not going to. Grill i'm not gonna wear cologne Like Henry. Lake just working for magazines, TOO i don't think so that was. Huge it was a huge deal for a. While samples probably that was the little pages that have.
Speaker 5: Samples it's funny talking about magazines, Too like for quite a while in my. Career early on in my, career that was that was kind of all you. HAD i, mean the DVDs came out a few years AFTER i, started so the beginning of like getting on a, plane it was everybody just bought a couple of. Magazines you threw them up on the table and you just literally that was kind of what you did if you didn't feel like sitting there and listen to.
Speaker 1: Music, wow and you played. Cards it's like a foreign that's like a foreign you.
Speaker 5: Never heard of, that and that's how we killed a few our. FLAGS i would always it was, Great we had no problem with. It it wasn't. FINE i would always bring, cards but no one would want to.
Speaker 1: Play no. Way you maybe get a manager to play with.
Speaker 5: You that was the one thing like you'd see multiple games on some team Multiple, yeah.
Speaker 8: It's time For vikings us on The Power trip present By.
Speaker 1: Excess series.
Speaker 3: Saw Yesterday Jonathan grenard called you out because you predicted fifty five to ten The lions over The vikings And Sam newton or somebody told him about. It, no he called you out now. Again The ravens are trending the right. Way when they're. Healthy they're one of the best teams in. Football they Have Lamar jackson. Back he is the opponent On. Sunday, yes we Asked Jonathan gernard about Chasing Lamar jackson and Containing Lamar jackson yesterday The, vikings depending on what the site you're looking, at around three and a half or so point. Underdogs, right, yep what's your vibe on A wednesday morning For?
Speaker 7: Sunday this will be the toughest. GAME i think they face the rest of the. SEASON a fully Healthy ravens team isn't the favorite to win their division in one of the top teams to win The Super bowl at two and five or three and five whatever they.
Speaker 1: Are, now if you aren't a loaded team, offensively they're great because of the. Quarterback it's a completely different team when he. Plays this is going to be really, tough but it's at. Home that's a huge.
Speaker 7: Advantage The ravens last game was on A thursday, night so they're coming off kind of a mini. Buy SO i think The vikings can. WIN i think The vikings have got their swagger back with HAVING jj as the.
Speaker 1: Quarterback they can't have a.
Speaker 7: Letdown they got to come out just exactly like they did last week against The lions and play with their hair on fire and play like it's a playoff game like they did last. Week they got to win a bunch of these. Games Lamar jackson has played in five, games, right he's missed a. Handful was his hair on?
Speaker 1: FIRE i don't.
Speaker 3: Believe, So Okay, sauce as you, know anything, overall hundred for a passer rating is, elite, Right that's where you want to.
Speaker 1: Be one hundred.
Speaker 3: Plus you want to be in the triple digits for a. Career if you're in the nineties or, higher that's very. Good what do you Believe Lamar jackson's pass rating through five.
Speaker 1: Games is in twenty twenty? Five mansk follow?
Speaker 7: Up mm hmm is that the thing where it's like the best is like one fifty three and a? Third is that a passer?
Speaker 1: Rating was it one fifty eight point? Three, yeah it's one fifty eight point, yeah one Thirty? Wow.
Speaker 3: Whoa Jared goff is the opponent of The vikings this Past, sunday, Right, Yeah goff this year has seventeen, touchdowns three, interceptions nineteen hundred, yards seventy three point eight percent completion, percentage and his Cute his passer rating is one fifteen point.
Speaker 1: Two Holy, anna want to change your guests or? Not? No one thirty six point. Seven oh.
Speaker 3: Wow Lamar jackson this year seventy two point nine completion, percentage fourteen, touchdowns one. Interception, uh just over a thousand. Yards but again he's only played in five. Games he can still win THE. MVP i, mean it just is so much fun to. Watch nobody extends the plays and he does it with they did Like, GRACE i, mean like when he's extending, plays he's not doing it under. Pressure he is so far away from the pressure at all.
Speaker 1: Times it's amazing to. Me you aren't favorite to win your division at one in Five if that isn't your, Quarterback oh that's how good that? Team, like yeah it, is but like even at one in, five we're, like you're left for dead at one and.
Speaker 5: Five and how big of a case for like if they come, back he comes back and makes this team a. CONTENDER i mean it's almost he. Goes he JUST i don't know how far he has to go on the, playoff but he's going to be M. Vp like if he's showing He if the THE mvp is who is the most valuable player to your, team you'll get how bad that team is without?
Speaker 1: Him, correct that's. True they've also had a bunch of other, injuries but still though they it's a completely different team when he. Plays, yeah they're. Good it's going to be a challenge definition of THE. Mvp so your score prediction IS i think The vikings. Win Didn't Jonathan gernard tell you to keep the same? Energy, yeah THEN i think The vikings lose sixty to. Three, nice that's, harsh but, hey you're sticking with. IT i like. It make it back and.
Speaker 2: Bring me the news.
Speaker 1: Again when did we kick that field goal earlier or? Late? Late oh, no just to not get shut? Out? Yeah oh, no, YEAH i think it's in the water here In. Minnesota, no damn.
Speaker 3: It so it's just RANDOM nfl. Trivia who leads the league in? Rushing you know that.
Speaker 1: One you, Guys but the guy THAT i can't pronounce his, Name, Oh Jonathan.
Speaker 3: Jonathan with eight hundred and ninety five, yards who is second with eight sixty?
Speaker 1: Seven gotta Be i'm thinking one. Name, YEAH i, mean there's gotta be come. Out he's related to a Former.
Speaker 3: Viking, Oh James James cook of The Buffalo.
Speaker 1: Bills who's? Third rico Dow dwaddle dwaddle ay, chain.
Speaker 3: It's The Carolina panthers running back whose name Is Rico. Dowdle, sure, yes you're going with Dow Yeah dowdell.
Speaker 1: Correct. Yeah and you stuck to your, guns yeah, man, yeah kind of have.
Speaker 2: To if you're wondering about long field goals, guys AND i know you, are especially after that sixty eight yarder On. Sunday we're seeing loads of longer field goals from kickers cross THE, nfl and there's an article ON Cnn Sports today about. It there's a new rule called the k ball. Rule, NOW i have no opinion either way on. THIS i just am stating the.
Speaker 1: Facts.
Speaker 2: Guys in previous, years kickers got three new footballs in game. Day they didn't have much time to break them. In did you know that this season each team got sixty kicking balls at the start of the. Season kickers can break them, in squeeze, them squish.
Speaker 1: Them twist, it bop, it what, else what?
Speaker 2: Else they're doing anything they can to make them more. Appliable they also have much more time to rub them down like a deep tissue massage to try to wear away the thousands of tiny bumps on the. Ball halfway through the, season there's been seven field goals of sixty plus yards, already the most in any. Season could we be on the a verge of seeing seventy yard WHILE i say, yes.
Speaker 1: Of, course well yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah earlier this, season after Watching bucks Kicker chase McLoughlin hit a sixty five and fifty eight or against his, Team eagles defensive Coordinator vic Fonon geo great name vented about the new k ball. Rule these kicking balls that they changed to this year of drastically changed the.
Speaker 1: Kicking game field goals in.
Speaker 2: Particular so it's almost like they need an asterisk here it was a live ball era or the asterisk for those home Runs Barry Bonds sosa MacGuire rating the way they've changed the ball THE, nfl the kicking ball has drastically changed field.
Speaker 1: Goals so there you, go get over. It, Vic, yeah bomb. Them, yeah they weren't taking. Steroids rubbing the balls way more, fun you. Think SO i love WATCHING i love watching these guys just boot the heck out of that.
Speaker 2: Thing i'm gonna take the other side of.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 1: Really, YEAH i don't, know.
Speaker 2: Man you, know like if you if your defense stops the guys you, know at, midfield and they still can kick a field.
Speaker 1: GOAL i don't know the same rules for, EVERYBODY i, know you know WHAT i.
Speaker 2: MEAN i want TO i want to see people smashing each, other not a guy come out on the field to kick a ball between two.
Speaker 1: Sticks it's an or a guy just. Punting it is what you want to?
Speaker 5: Watch, well, YEAH i would rather see that if my defense non scoring, Play.
Speaker 1: Why are you being?
Speaker 5: Mean, yeah most sports like, scoring you, know like. Hockey it was great when it was you, know it was good. Hockey when it's two to one and, three guy stand out.
Speaker 2: Of court and toss the puck towards the net and get a point or half a.
Speaker 3: Point sometimes they do that thing where you you like, fans shoot a ball across the ice and if it goes through the little hole in the car and you win a.
Speaker 1: Car, florida The.
Speaker 5: Florida the guy took him to court because he WHEN i was my rookie area guy won like five.
Speaker 1: Hundred, grand five hundred, grand.
Speaker 6: Your caring, now, Hawk, nope because he because he it was a golf five hundred.
Speaker 5: Grand it was a puck and he shout it from center ice and it went right in the middle and it. Stuck it's stuck right in the middle like halfway, through so it didn't have enough space to. Fit well that's what he argued. That, well, no that's what they argued that it didn't go through the. Hole but in the writing it all says it's got to go in the, hole and it, did and it did half a Mill so he went half a million bucks for, hell saying wow now hawk.
Speaker 1: HUH i don't care either.
Speaker 2: Way i'm trying to do. RADIO i don't, KNOW i Don't.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to feel some time To, JESUS i just like just trying to make your job versus. Offense what's the? Canceling, no what's the longest you guys think you could? Kick? Oh? Ten?
Speaker 5: TEN i don't know IF i could STILL i, KICKED i got thirty thirty five yards or. Sick The American, league The American Idea arina football.
Speaker 1: Team so when we come back to the, road the.
Speaker 5: Football team out, there and we went out, there we would kick field goals and the guy kind of taught us.
Speaker 1: How to do. It care about.
Speaker 2: YOU i could probably kick maybe like a seven. YARD i would be sore for three.
Speaker 1: Weeks, yeah you could do. More you got to have more faith in. Yourself thank, You thank. You you're. Athletic that's kind of. You we get to rub the balls down.
Speaker 6: First you're gonna break, it, man make sure because.
Speaker 1: What, Happens, KENMINE i don't know what the? Hell what k? Holes when you do too? Much, KENEMINE k? Hole what's THE k? HOLE i? Mean when you do too? Much?
Speaker 5: Kenmy what does A k hole mean the hole in the drug ketamine is a it's like a horse. Tranquilizer so YOU'RE ak. Hole you're pretty much not.
Speaker 3: Moving so you're stuck in a hole not moving because you've done too.
Speaker 1: Much key, Upside NOW i understand. That let the guy that, left the guy that went to rehab. EXPLAINED i got, it got. It see you, guys