Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can. They print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 5: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 6: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers the tample Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and good afternoon. Welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on this Tuesday, July the twenty first, as your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers are in Philadelphia for the middle game of a three game set against the Phillies. Dodgers sixty three and thirty eight first place the top of the NL West, still a commanding eleven and a half game lead in the division. After dropping the series opener to the Phillies last night, the dog look to get back on track tonight. Despite the rain that is currently falling in Philadelphia, it is set to blow through and we are gonna have some baseball coming up in just a little bit. Justin Robleski on the mound for the Dodgers. Zach Wheeler will go for the fight in Phills. First pitch from Citizens Bank Park.
Speaker 4: Is coming up at three forty.
Speaker 3: Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, David Maassay is gonna go one on one with all star Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 4: That's coming up in forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: We will hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts and get his pregame thoughts. That's coming up in about twenty minutes. We'll preview this pitching matchup. We got your Dodgers magical moment.
Speaker 4: Shortly.
Speaker 3: Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA will join us. In a few minutes, we will head out to the Galloping Ford Broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick monday Well. Last night in Philadelphia, the Dodgers dug themselves an early hole and couldn't get out of it despite a couple of chances. The Phillies pounced early on Dodger starter Image Shehan, scoring four runs in the second any. Former Dodger Ray Turner got the rally started and then delivered the big blow, a two run home run. They gave Philadelphia the earlyague cushion. Dodgers down four to nothing going to the fourth inning as they really struggled to get anything going against Christopher Sanchez, who's been really good. He was an All Star started for the National League just a week ago in Philadelphia. Finally in the fourth te Oscar Hernandez an RBI ground out, so I think get an RBI on. There was a groundball double play, but the Dodgers did score run. Dodgers on the board, down four to one. Now you go to the sixth inning. The Dodgers chipped away again.
Speaker 2: So Monsey has the count even the two to two coming. Munsey wraps it to right field. That's a fair ball and that will bring in Rojas. Stop signed for Hernandez. It third RBI double for Max Mounsey off the bench, and now the tying runs are in scoring position with the Dodgers within two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dodgers getting on the board again. Max Munsey with the RBI double and Andy Pajez an infield single scored tale layer. Dodger were down four to nothing, down four to one. Now all of a sudden, they're right back in it. After the top half of the six, sitting down four to three. However, the Phillies just kept answering back. Bottom of the six, Brandon marsh homer did the left center field that made it a two run deficit, Phillies up five to three. And then Trey Turner did it again. Hit it off the foul pool right at the base of it down the left field line, barely got out of the park there a Citizens Bank Park, but it did three hundred and forty six feet three run home run. Dodgers down eight to three. But they still were not done. Top of the seventh inning. How about a little Mookie moment.
Speaker 2: You got to execute there as Bets pulls a high fly ball in the here to deep left center field.
Speaker 1: This ball is out of here.
Speaker 2: And Mookie Betts with a three hit night, including a solo home run leading off the seventh inning, and now it's eight to four.
Speaker 3: Ah, Mookie Betts with a home run a left center field. Dodgers down eight to four, But again the Phillies answered back.
Speaker 4: Bryce Harper a home run up.
Speaker 3: To win a left center field in the bottom of the seventh that made it nine to four. They would atack on another run in the eighth Dodgers were down ten to four going to the ninth any when they made things.
Speaker 4: Kind of interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Alfonso grounded into a fielder's choice, scoring Andy Pajz. It was a ten to five game, and then another Mookie moment to run home run the loft center field. Dodgers, down ten to seven, actually had runners on base, got back into the game, had their chances, but could not deliver in the ninth inning and get over that hump in the game as they fall to the Phillies in the series opener ten to seven.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers had their chances.
Speaker 3: Mookie Betts carried the lineup win four for five with the two home runs three ribis one of his best games of the season. Andy po has added a pair of hits in an RBI. Max Monty drove in a run. Dodgers got some offensive production, scored seven runs, but they gave up ten as the Dodgers go down and defeat. As the Dodgers imaged Shean falls to four and seven on the season. Christopher Sanchez picks up his twelfth.
Speaker 4: Win of the year.
Speaker 3: Now, the Dodgers need to turn the page and fight through the rain, which is currently falling in Philadelphia. But this, guys will clear up. We will get this game in and Justin Robleski will be on the mound. First pitch is set for three forty and with more we head out to the Galvin Ford Broadcast booth as we say hello to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, Tim, thanks so much here with mo at Citizens Bank Park as we get ready for hopefully the Dodgers and Phillies playing again tonight, game two of a three game series. Something that everybody is aware of here and should be aware of back home, is that there is some weather here in the Northeast again.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, man, the Yankees have already been rained out of their game that has been postponed. The one of the man is talking about, well, maybe some rain before the game and then about eleven o'clock, and we hope that their accuracy is is spot on. The Dodgers do not need another doubleheader coming up tomorrow, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Last night, the Dodgers gave up more runs in one game than they allowed the entire Yankee series. The Phillies with ten runs in a season high five homers, a season high for them hitting and a season high for the Dodgers, allowing with those five long balls.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think overall, you look at last night, there were some very positive things.
Speaker 8: I think you have to take away.
Speaker 7: Obviously Mookie Bets coming up with the four hits and hitting the home runs. On top of that, the play overall was very good by this Dodger ball club. Not saying the same thing about the Phillies defensive lie in particular with their shortstop, but that's another factor. And make up for the defense with the offense, no question about that. Trey Turner is who we're talking about. So tonight's going to be interesting for a lot of different reasons. First of all, did not take the Phillies for granted. They continue to try and close the gap over the Atlanta Brays. There are three games out of first place in the Eastern Division. And since Don Mattingly took over as the Internet manager, they had been lights out. They've gone forty seven and twenty six in that period of time since the Phillies gone after that nine and nineteen start, And he looked at their record at home in that same time also, Steve, and they've gone twenty two and thirteen at home. So they believe in themselves and they're trying to get much much better.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, this has been a tough place for the Dodgers in regular season recent history anyway. The Phillies have won eight of the last ten games here. But of course the Dodgers remember finally winning both games here in the Division Series last year when it mattered the most. The Dodgers have been really good on the road, the best road record in baseball this year, even despite the loss last night thirty two and nineteen away from Unicole Field to Dodgers Stadium, nine and four in the last thirteen games. And of course they've been really good following up losses. They have lost two and a two straight on this road trip, two and two on this trip, and seven and eight in the month of July. They'll try and get back to five hundred this month here tonight, hopefully, Tim we get a ball game shortly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we are scheduled for first pitch at three forty.
Speaker 3: As we count you down to first pitch, Dodger fan, get that game day meal on at Shakey's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza Chickens, Mojo's order it right now at Shaky's dot Com. All right, we're off and running here. I'm Morongco Casina Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 4: Coming up. You'll hear from Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 3: You'll hear from Dave Roberts latest Dodgers injury news, your magical moment. We'll break down this pitchy match up. We got your Otani Rewine and a visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and.
Speaker 4: At LA coming up next.
Speaker 3: So we lead you up to Dodgers and Phillies from Philadelphia on this Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kateson's the back to.
Speaker 3: Back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Net one.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game.
Speaker 1: On your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Phillies on this Tuesday. The rain is expected to blow through and we're gonna get some baseball with first pitch coming up at three forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani Rewhy.
Speaker 3: Well, the Dodgers last night relied a lot on Mookie Bets, who went four for five, a couple of home run three. Ribby's drove in three of the dodgers seven runs. And how about Showy Otani oh for four tonight last night, a couple of strikeout, digging on base with a walk, now hitting two eighty seven on this season as the Dodgers fell to the Phillies in the series opener last night, ten to seven.
Speaker 6: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Hey Kirson now joins us from Philadelphia. Brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donate it today, Your car can be picked up tomorrow. Donate now at Carsfrokids dot org. That's cars with a k Rain Rain go away. Looks like we are going to have a game.
Speaker 9: Yes, and you know what it feels like. We've been singing that all week. You know, whether it's been in New York of course, we have the doubleheader on Sunday, now here in Philly. Rain and whether it's playing a factor for this East Coast road trip as we we should have expected. But with today, they're hoping that there is a window. Dave Roberts was saying what he's been communicated is that it's going to be an on time start. It is currently raining, but things are so po to clear up right ahead of first pitch, So they're feeling optimistic about not only getting this game in but being able to play complete not necessarily had to stop back down for more rain to come in. So we're hoping, we're going to pray to the weather gods that we can feel some clear, clear sky is coming soon.
Speaker 2: That would be the dream right now.
Speaker 9: Because the guys came into the dugout, I should say quickly, they were distraught when the rains first started coming down.
Speaker 4: They looked so distraught at first.
Speaker 9: So so yes.
Speaker 3: Well, when we get the game under away, a great pitching match of Zach Wheeler should have been an All Star and didn't want to go to the game, and then you get Justin Roblescu, you just pitched there recently.
Speaker 9: He sure did in the All Star game, which first and foremost, I mean, that was one of the guys that was very deserving of the opportunity. Of course, he was a late addition, filling in a spot, so for him to be able to go. I talked to him when we were in New York and he was saying that at first he was trying to be all cool and he was like, yeah, like it was a really cool experience, like you know, I was like, justin, You're not gonna do that with me, be honest, that was a dream come true. Of course you had your suit, you had to shark inside the All Star Game like that was amazing, and he was like okay, yeah, Kurtz, and it was awesome. It really was a dream come true. And even today, you know, being here in Philly or yesterday. Actually, of course a lot of the guys got to meet so many people playing here at Citizens Main Park, and JESUSLIZARDA was running over like where is justin trying to say hi and stuff. So not only did he have a really cool experience, but he got to connect with amazing athletes and just obviously the top players in this league. So it was a special one for him.
Speaker 3: As for the Dodgers, looking to bounce back after last night's loss, A scored runs and Mookie Betts had a lot to do with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had a four hit game.
Speaker 9: It's all the power. I mean, he was excellent last So it truly was like the Mookie Bets trade turner game. But obviously Trey kind of had to upperhand in that one. But hopefully that the hope is today coming into this one is that he can continue carrying that over, even Dave Roberts Swiss saying that you know it's this is last night was probably the first night he slept very well in the last couples. We know with Mookie, there have been times where things have clicked for him. There have been times where he's felt like he's still searching for things at the plate, and he's really come to the conclusion that when he's out of his head, when he's just playing and enjoying the game, that's when he feels like he's at his best, especially at the plate. So the hope is that he can really just continue playing free and easy. That's what Dave Roberts said that he really saw last night, and so hopefully that can be something he can continue to build off of, whether it's tonight or really just moving forward in general.
Speaker 3: No doubt, let's get this game in and let's get a Dodger when Kirston, we appreciate what check in with you after the game. Still they come here on Wrongo because you know Dodgers on deck will dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David vatsagoes one on one with Freddie Freeman. But up next the latest Dodger injury report, and we'll hear from the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers in Phillies from Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kats' is the.
Speaker 3: Back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is my Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, on your whole for the blue all season lost.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch. It's the Dodgers and the Phillies Marongo Casino Resort and Spot. It's a Grand Slam for a good time. Just Rubleski Zach Wheeler. The pitching matchup, first pitch from Philadelphia, set for three forty.
Speaker 6: He's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 3: Presented by UCLA Health, the official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Blake trying it on the IL with the elbow inflammation, Keiky Hernandez on the IL with the left oblique injury, Tyler Glaston on the IL with the lower back spasms. Blake snell is on the IL with the loose body's elbow surgery. But he's made one start already in Triple A Oklahoma City. Edwin Diaz is trending for a comeback off the IL, maybe as soon as this weekend against the Mets in New York.
Speaker 4: We'll see.
Speaker 3: He's made a couple of appearances in Ontario with the tower buzzers, and if he checks another box, it looks like he could make his return against his former team. If not, looks like the next homestand for the Dodgers. A non injury related move for the Dodgers they did just make a few minutes ago. They selected the contract a left handed picture Charlie Barnes, an option right handed landon neck back to Triple A Oklahoma City. In order to make room for the forty man roster, the Dodgers placed Will Smith on.
Speaker 4: The sixty day injured lists.
Speaker 3: All right, let's head back out to Citiss Big Park and get the pregame thoughts of the Dodgers kipper anything answer.
Speaker 10: Questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 8: Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Robbers?
Speaker 8: You know what?
Speaker 11: I think that I got the flash flood advisory warning as well, but I think that we're on time. I think it's going to hit us hard, but from what I understand that we should be on time. So you know, two hours ago wasn't too promising, but I feel good about it.
Speaker 9: Now we're j justiner Leski just to have to start today. He's coming off of the All Star Game, which.
Speaker 1: He shared that you know, it was a really cool experience.
Speaker 9: The guys are excit to meet him. For a young player like that, to have that and coming and making his first start and second half, how big are moments just for him, especially with taking the second outing here at desiy Snipping Park.
Speaker 11: Great moment and it'll be interesting. You know, you break up the season in halves obviously, and you know, he has a good first half and makes the All Star team, and so now he gets a chance to catch his breath and get back to the grind of the second half in the season. So with that All Star feather in his cap, so I'm excited to see you know, you know what he had does tonight.
Speaker 1: What was it like to just.
Speaker 9: Seeing him in the All Star Game? And it kind of as a manager watching a young player experiences.
Speaker 11: It was great to sort of see it through his eyes. He was excited, looked at it as a challenge when you're facing the game's best, and he didn't run from it, you know, gave up the homer to his old teammate. But it was funny because he was still competing but still had a little levity and could enjoy the moment. But he performed really well and really happy for him.
Speaker 3: All Right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts talking about Justin Robleski, who had just pitched there last week in the All Star Game for the National League.
Speaker 4: And we continue here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: We will check out with David Vassa and we'll get the very latest on what's happening in Philadelphia with the weather. He's got an update on Edwin Diaz, as we mentioned, he's getting closer to returning as the Dodger closer. We'll get more on that with DV and the latest on the trade deadline, which is tick tick tick tick tick getting closer. August third is the deadline where the Dodgers at right now. We'll find out from the best Dodger insider, David Vassa next as we lead up to first pitch Dodgers in the Phillies. I'm Tim Katesons the.
Speaker 4: Back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's a Dogs and Philly is game two of this three game sets.
Speaker 4: Justin Robleski Zach Wheeler.
Speaker 3: The pitching matchup Todgers Baseball brought to you by al Poto, born in La and made for your game day. Alpato brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your table every single time. El Pato Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 10: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Beasts all.
Speaker 8: Right, DV.
Speaker 3: It's always fun playing amateur meteorologist here as the Dodgers are on the East Coast for this nine game trip and in Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: Rain tonight, how we looking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, it started pour about an hour ago and it's still raining. The tarp is still on the infield, but the rain has lightened up significantly since about four thirty Eastern time. And that's what Dave Roberts gathered. You heard what he said, and it seems like it's going to hold true. It feels like this game is going to start on time, if not maybe ten or fifteen minutes later. But yeah, it's looking good right now as the rain is lightening up. So we're in a good spot to avoid a doubleheader tomorrow. That would have been the second doubleheader in as many series for the Dodgers to begin this I guess two city road trip, but certainly two trips to New York and Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: David is brought to you by Ford Summer Sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year four, the official vehicle of Major League Baseball. We mentioned it in our injury report every single day, David, And that's Edwin Diaz, Dodger closer.
Speaker 4: Is he close to coming back?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, yesterday Dave Roberts may have spoke a little too soon, and you know, recalculated that Edwin Diaz likely wouldn't fly to the East Coast for one series, even though it's against his former team, the Mets at City Field. So, like Dave said before the All Star Break, Edwin Daz likely is going to be activated on this up. I'm homestand or in the near future after that, So it makes sense they're not sending Edwin Diaz all the way to New York for one series, and who knows as a closer, there's no guarantees you even get into the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 3: We are what two weeks away a little less than that for the Major League Baseball trade deadline?
Speaker 4: David, what are you hearing as far as the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Well, I know everybody is saying that the Dodgers are not going to make a big splash, which from what I understand is accurate. But you've heard me say this ever since I was in the room with Andrew Friedman when he made this phrase famous when he said we hang around the backboard to see what's there. And I feel like that's what's happening at this trade deadline. All by all accounts the people I speak to, the Tigers are holding on to Trek's schooble unless something dramatically changes between now and August third.
Speaker 10: But I still feel.
Speaker 5: Like, and it seems like around the Dodgers, getting a veteran backup catcher for Dalton Rushing and or Will Smith might be the option at the trade deadline.
Speaker 10: And I mentioned guys that are on teams that have.
Speaker 5: A winning record. But here's one that is on a team that has had the most disappointing season, and that's Luis Torrenz of the Mets. The people I spoke to around the Mets said he has a huge baseball IQ, great receiver, great thrower, and has randomly come up with some big hits for the Mets. So I'm thinking about Urens, I'm thinking about a guy like Victor Carrottini. Those are the type of guys. And I know it's been thrown out there, Shane Langeliers. That's not happening. Why would the Dodgers do that. That's not happening.
Speaker 4: No, Hunter Goodman's Day has been throwing out there. That ain't happening.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: I mean, Will Smith is coming back and he's under contract for a number of more years, and they have Dalton rushing. All of a sudden, you're creating a problem that you don't need. And that's part of the reason why they're not going to over exhaust their prospect capital for Trek scoobl because all of a sudden, now you would have a problem, a log jam since you already have hypothetically speaking three number ones in your rotation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no doubt. All right, great information, Dave.
Speaker 3: We'll check back you with you just a little bit still to come here on Morago Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: We'll here for Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 3: But up next for Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers and Phillies. I'm Tim Kass the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Faceball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Phillies Game two of this three games. Zet Justin Robleski and Zach Wheeler the pitching matchup from Philadelphia.
Speaker 6: I got who wants the hot It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment Pitch Magical Press by Hawfy Hot Times.
Speaker 3: We go back to the nineteen seventy eight NLCS Dodgers and the Phillies. Dodgers a three to zero series lead, trying to get back to the World Series. Game four, October seventh, nineteen seventy eight, out of Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers looking to finish off the sweep.
Speaker 4: They got out to a one to zing lead.
Speaker 3: The game was tied at three going to the ninth inning remained tied, so they went to extra innings. At the bottom of the tenth, Tug McGraw on in relief for the Phillies.
Speaker 4: Runners on for the Dodgers, and Bill Russell all.
Speaker 10: Right, one on, Oh to Russell. Here's the look. Check them the runner and the pitch on the way.
Speaker 11: Lion time past, cutter, pay up, Here comes fair round third, hurry for home the ball, Paer's over.
Speaker 10: The doctors held the pet up. Come rusfles find us the center of the former.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers went on Russells lion drush single to centerfield.
Speaker 4: Jerry Duggett with the call.
Speaker 3: Bill Russells walk off single, and the tenth inning gave the Dodgers the win as they beat the Phillies four to three in Game four the nineteen seventy eight NLCS. As the Dodgers punched their ticket to yet another World Series that October, the Hoffey Magical moment brought to by a Hoffey hot Dogs Haffy so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hoffey hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on deck, we will check back in with Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: So we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Phillies.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katsis is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Phillies, Game two of this three game set. Just for LESSI Zach Wheeler the pitch too much. I have time now for the Verizon startup. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big.
Speaker 4: Visit your so cal Forizon in store today.
Speaker 6: And now joined by David Basseying. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Don't worry, Rick, we still got your produced open. We're good to go.
Speaker 7: Did you get struck by lightning or something? I mean, David, you know, Dwayne McDonald gives us like a two minute que we're gonna come on live, and you're just sitting back there having a mint jewlip about twenty five seconds before we're actually on the air.
Speaker 10: I need to get my head in the right place.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we don't have that long to wait next Tuesday is not going to get it done.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, we'll lock it in right now, Rick, I apologize.
Speaker 10: I am at attention now.
Speaker 5: And yesterday we saw a lot of errors from Trey Turner and your old buddy Larry Boa, the former Dodger coach, had Trey Turner out here before the rain started to fall around four thirty Eastern time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let me let me just say that we saw Trade Turner taking ground balls right and again. Larry Boa, Uh no, I love playing against him. I mean he's he's like a manny rooster, just constantly going. He played played the game hard. He still coaches the game hard. He talks about the game hard. That's the way Larry Boa is really kind of wound up. What I would really have enjoyed was the conversation leading up to working out. That would have been something that we could probably not air, but it would be it would be enjoyable to hear it. It might go down with some of the timu little sort of things that you can still find on YouTube that maybe are not bleaked here and there.
Speaker 5: No doubt, I mean, Larry Boya was a very intense coach, even when he's with the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: He's one of the few third base coaches that we have seen being ejected from a game. Remember when he was with the Dodgers and they came out of the rule that the coaches have to remain within the confines of the coaching box itself, and larry' says, look, you're gonna get me killed with one of these big, strong, right handed batters that hit drives. And he was out of the box and he was told, hey, look you've got to get in the box. He goes, look, I'm gonna protect myself. He got thrown out of a ball game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember that. And he was wearing the new helmets that they forced the third base coaches to.
Speaker 7: Wear, and exactly exactly. But when he come into Philadelphia, here's so many different things. Seeing John crutt for example, and I said, Krucky, I said, it's always a thrill to see you, and he goes, yes, it is.
Speaker 8: It's a thrill to see me, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Did you call his games when he played for the Padres in the mid.
Speaker 7: Eighties, it was down there and he still has a firm grip on the pizza, just as he did that.
Speaker 5: All right, Rick Monday's Hot Today, He's coming in hot, guns blazing for the Dodgers. They got Justin Robleski on the mount, and I feel like the respect on him is still not there. Everybody is seemingly waiting for him to turn back into a pumpkin, but seemingly he's not.
Speaker 7: I think he's grown the pumpkin stage. What we have seen has been truly remarkable and enjoyable to see. And I really think that we have seen him grow up. We have seen him blossom, if you will, and he is expecting probably more from himself than everyone else on the periphery on their expectations of what they hope that he can do.
Speaker 5: You like his nickname that Pedro Martinez gave him, the Shark.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I like that.
Speaker 7: I wish there were more nicknames in the game now. Don't know what there used to be.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there wasn't. There isn't too many these days.
Speaker 7: I used during the broadcast, and the ones that are in place are not ones that we can use all the time.
Speaker 10: Yeah, exactly, sounds like your nickname. I know you can't.
Speaker 5: You can't use that on the air, Hey, Rick, before we back out of here, You're always a great radar compass when it comes to weather issues. When you look out here, do you feel like we're going to start anytime soon?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it'll be a slight delay. What did I tell you about four o'clock today?
Speaker 10: I said it's going to blow take it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, no, that's coming.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hold on your nickers, because that's that's you're leading up to it right now. But no, it's gonna be and then maybe somewhere around eleven o'clock local time it may come back again lightly. But we had that that squawl line kind of moved through, and you know, we can see downtown Philadelphia beyond the center field left center Field, and downtown disappeared when that that rain came earlier.
Speaker 5: That's always a good sign when you can see those buildings down there.
Speaker 7: You know the correlation between downtown disappearing and you. No, that's about time for you to disappear.
Speaker 10: Okay, Rick, sounds good. We're going to be into delay. See you'll see me a little bit later.
Speaker 7: We won't get wet.
Speaker 5: I'll just go back to the corner of the booth. No, we'll go back to the studio.
Speaker 3: Now, all right, Thank you guys really want to know what, David says nickname is there.
Speaker 4: We'll find out another day. I guess yes. We will start in a little bit of a rain delay, but not a big one. Do not worry.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uniclo Field the Dodger Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com. Slash us still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get to the keys of the game. We'll preview this pitching matchup. But I'm now Freddie Freeman, an all star, good guy, Dodger hero.
Speaker 4: David vas Say goes high and tight with the Dodger first basement.
Speaker 3: Next, I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers Hunter's on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodgers and Phillies Justin Robleski, Zach Wheeler, the pitching mat Cheff Dodgers Baseball brought to by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. Win It's game Day, It's group Day at shakys dot Com.
Speaker 6: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tugged.
Speaker 5: We are in Philadelphia, it is steamy, it is going to rain, but we're with Freddie Freeman in a nice, air conditioned Dodger clubhouse on a beautiful leather couch that was here when I first started with the team in twenty twelve.
Speaker 10: Freddie, thanks a lot for the hospitality.
Speaker 8: Though. It's good to be here. I like that. I think it's been here since I've been here too.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you've been here a little bit longer than I have, Freddy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've been in this clubhouse a lot and it hasn't changed.
Speaker 5: What's your record for cheese steaks? I got to ask you that right away.
Speaker 12: Okay, so I didn't actually start eating the cheese steaks until about three years in. Yeah, I had a different little diet I did, and I finally got on it. John a chicken and cheese and I put a one sauce on it. It's a little different than most guys, but no, i'd probably like one and a half because I don't like to play games full. I don't like the full feeling, blooded feelings, so I don't really eat that much.
Speaker 10: Only closers usually crush them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I see that.
Speaker 12: I like to look at the stats every single time we come in town and see who's doing it. Someone has like ten and a half or something in one day, which is nuts. So I don't think it can be a player playing doing that, but it's fun to see who can do the most.
Speaker 10: You faced a lot of pictures in your career.
Speaker 5: You remember the Big Show Aaron Harang for a long time, he had the record.
Speaker 8: Here's a teammate of mine.
Speaker 10: I'm not surprising.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, Aaron, Yeah, that is not surprising that I could eat a lot. I just actually just saw him in spring training here, so that's kind of funny. He's a great guy, a great teammate, so I'm not surprising that I can eat lot.
Speaker 5: She sticks either, Freddie I saw during the All Star break you have a very regimented routine, your own you know, tailored routine. Twelve minutes before first pitch you swing for the last time.
Speaker 10: Where did that routine come from?
Speaker 12: You know, it just kind of evolved over time. As you get older, you get to hit a little later before the game, and just kind of how it all kind of planned out. I hit three times a day. The last time is usually about twelve minutes before the game.
Speaker 8: I liked it. That's just kind of how it is.
Speaker 12: I'm very My whole day's usually planned out by the time I wake up, so things go hey wire. You can even ask my wife. I don't like things going haywire. So I try and stick to e verutine every single day. Every day be the same, and it just kind of helps you stay in line.
Speaker 5: This is a very Kershaw like start day routine, but it's every day for you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, every day is the same. I try and treat every day the same, nothing different. It's worked for a long time, so I don't want to change it.
Speaker 5: So when you say twelve minutes, twelve minutes right on the dot, not twelve minutes and one second.
Speaker 12: Yeah, So I leave my if we're at home for seven to ten game, I usually leave my locker at six fifty three to walk to the cage, and Andy's usually hitting during that time, so we have a perfect kind of He finishes and I'll start hitting usually about six fifty eight, so kind of how it goes. Obviously a different time, different you know, different cities, like tonight six forty so things are a little different when you hit first. There's always a little things where you can you kind of have variables, but usually at home it's six fifty eight walking up my locker in six fifty three.
Speaker 5: You've been through your share of rain to lace too, So how does that affect the whole thing?
Speaker 12: More of like like, right after I get done talking to you, I'll go hit, We'll do a hitters meeting. I'll probably hit again, and then I'll kind of just wait out and see if there was any delayser or anything like that, and I'll wait for the third time to be before the game. It's nothing really changes. I just kind of try and not let things get out of line. But I want to get my two times in before that third time before the game.
Speaker 5: Freddie Freeman is our guest. I had a first pitch in Philadelphia. We haven't talked since you played those three games at Yankee Stadium, first time going back there since winning the World Series in Game five? What was it like for you the first time you stepped out on the field.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, nothing different, you were gonna say that, Yeah, nothing really changed. Every game, every city trying and treat it the same. It's no different, that was two years ago. If people were different teams, different people on the teams, different environments. So if you're thinking about something that happened two years ago, it's probably not gonna be the best bet. But everything was the same for me.
Speaker 5: Well, the fans there didn't forget. There were a lot of booze for Freddy.
Speaker 8: That's okay. That means something could happen a couple of years ago for us.
Speaker 5: Well, thanks again for the time. Really appreciate it. You know how much we love talking to you. But I guarantee you this. We will not speak before a game until the end of the regular season.
Speaker 10: How about that.
Speaker 8: Deal you We're not going to talk again.
Speaker 5: I don't feel I feel like you know, I feel like we've had our our run during the regular season.
Speaker 10: I need to let you breathe, Freddie, Okay.
Speaker 12: That sounds good. Well, if you need anybody, I'll be here. If you need helpe, okay.
Speaker 10: Okay, okay, I'll take one mulligan. How about that.
Speaker 8: I'll give it to you. You appreciate it.
Speaker 10: Freddie Freeman has been our guest. He won't eat as good.
Speaker 5: In Philly as he will in Newport Beach or Pasadena or maybe even downtown La at Viers. You never know where you might see Freddie Freeman and Miguel Rojas.
Speaker 10: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, Yeah, I was always looking for Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 4: He could pop up. You never know.
Speaker 8: Thank you DV.
Speaker 3: Thank you Freddy as he leads out to first pitch. Dodgers and Phillies up next. We'll have deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Katz's the back to back world suras Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 6: Tap on your home for the Blue All season low.
Speaker 3: Hits some Dodgers and the Phillies from Philadelphia. First pitch schedule for three forty but we will start in a brief rame delft.
Speaker 6: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Brought to Byre Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Zach Wheeler makes it look easy at times ten and one with a two thirteen era thirty six year old in his fourteenth season. Now the big leagues came up with the Mets last seven season with the Phillies, finally healthy again, making his sixteenth start. He's six and zero with an ERA of two in his last eight starts. So over his last three starts, Zack Wheeler has struck out ten plus in each game. His last outing before the All Star breaks, six shutout innings, two hits, ten strikeouts in a winner with the Tigers. In his career against the Dodgers eight starts, three and three with a four to fifty seven ERA forty five and a third innings total fifty one strikeouts, Dodgers saw him back on May twenty ninth a Dodgers Stadium. They got after him six innings, four runs, five hits, struck out four Dodgers, but Dodgers got the win justin. Robleski goes for the Blue ten and two with the two sixty nine ERA, an All Star season for the twenty.
Speaker 4: Six year old left tender. Making his sixteen start.
Speaker 3: He's already established a career high in innings and wins this season last time out, seven innings, one run, six hits, nine strikeouts and a no decision against the Rockies. The Dodgers have won eleven of Robleski's fifteen starts, and he ranks eighth right now in the National League with the two sixty nine ERA. He also ranks fourth in the National League in both whip and opponents bat ops, which is only five eighty six. In two career outings and one start against the Phillies, He's one to zero with a seven to thirty six ERA and nine strikeouts. Made his first start against Philadelphia back on May twenty ninth, in five This is a pitcher's rematch between Robluski and Zach Wheeler. He went seven innians out dueling. Then Zach Wheeler allowed just one run a home run on one hit in no walks while striking out nine part of a Dodgers four to two win. I'll make his regular season debut at Citizens Bank Park tonight.
Speaker 4: But he has pitched there before.
Speaker 3: As Kirsten Watson mentioned earlier, he pitched two innings in the All Star Game last Tuesday. So Justin Roblusky's sitting on ten wins, Zach Wheeler sitting on ten wins. Wheeler didn't want to go to the All Star Game. Justin Robuski said I'll go to the All Star Game, and he did, representing.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers and the National League.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Phillies will get the keys to the game and get you ready for a brief rain delay in Philadelphia. Next, I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Audio nowhere.
Speaker 6: As we were saying yes' is Morongo Casino Dodgers on jack on, the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Phillies. Game two of this three game series. Justin Robleski on the mountain. Remember we pitched two innings. He gave up and earned run, a home run, five strikeouts through twenty nine pitches. Last week, in the All Star Game for the National League, he got the All Star nod because Zach Wheeler said, I don't want to play in the Old Star Game. I don't like being a fifth choice. Well, Justin Robleski took that spot and ran with it. Zach Wheeler a really good first half of the season, also sitting on ten wins. He'll go for Philadelphia. We will start this game in a rain delay. It was scheduled to start at three forty, so in about thirteen minutes, but it will start.
Speaker 4: In a brief rain delay.
Speaker 3: And that is certainly good news that this game we'll get in because you look across baseball on this Tuesday, already at Fenway Park, the Red Sox and Orioles have banged that game. They will be postponed and play a double hitter and the Yankees for the second time in two series. Remember the Dogs were rained out on Saturday at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx the Yankees Pirates game, which had a bench's clearing incident last night, cooler heads prevailed. That's good news, but those two teams will not play. That game has already been announced as a postponeman so two games in the Northeast already postpone. We're gonna get this one in though, just a little bit of a brief reign delay between the Phillies and the Dodgers, but again a great pitching matchup on hand, with two guys who have had all star first halfs of the season, both looking for the eleventh win of this season, Dodgers sitting at sixty three and thirty eight, the Phillies fifty six and forty five. The Dodgers first placed atop the NL West by eleven and a half games over the Arizona Diamondbacks thirteen and a half games over the San Diego Padres. Diamondbacks in action later on tonight as they play host to the Athletics. Meanwhile, the Padres will be in Atlanta no weather issues there. Walker Buehler on the mound, looking to get over five hundred on this season, he is taking on the Braves. That game is set to get underway in about forty five minutes. But the Dodgers no longer the best record in baseball. That belongs to the Milwaukee Brewers, who have won four straight out of the game from the All Star break. They are sixty three and thirty seven have now widened their lead in the NL Central to seven games over the Cubbies, so the Dodgers one game back of Milwaukee for the best overall record in baseball. As the Dodgers and Phillies get ready to square off in this second game of a three game series, quickly off the field, the Dodgers did make a transaction. They announced that they have purchased left hander contract of Charlie Barnes from Triple A Oklahoma City and they have optioned right handed at Landon Knack back to Triple A Oklahoma City in order to make a room for Charlie Barnes on the active roster. The Dodgers needed to place Will Smith on the sixty day injured lists, so Will Smith not returning anytime soon for the Dodgers. Getting you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporos starts great moments. Start with Sapporo Beer, whatever your taste preference. Sapporo has you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers.
Speaker 4: Sapporo Goodwi Sushi. Great with baseball.
Speaker 3: The fans starting a trickle into Citizens Bank Park and it looks like the tarp is trying to come off the field as they are standing around looking at it. The grounds crew there a Citizen Big Park and hopefully get this tarp off the field and get this game underway eventually. Again, it is raining just a little bit in Philadelphia. We expect a slight rain to lay. David vast Is gonna get you covered. But when we come back, we will head back out to the booth and hear from Steven Nelson and Rick Monday as we get ready for Dodgers in Phillies. This game two of this three game set from Philadelphia.
Speaker 10: That is next.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 3: This been Moroco Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your back to back world series Champion Dodgers Audio Network