Speaker 1: On air at am five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand on the iHeartRadio A app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 1: You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at them and the voice of the Bolts, Matt money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top pre set on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Condition hervit you see your father, then you see me, You'll feel.
Speaker 2: Make this Petro saying money a five to seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. One last segment before we pass it along to the final spring training game from Arizona right here on five seventy LA Sports. They will play tomorrow, but our final broadcast is tonight. Dodgers on deck coming up at the bottom of the hour. First pitch from Camelback Ranch at six five pm. And I know we less than an hour ago, about a half hour ago, Pee, we gave away the tickets for the Flag Football Championship out there at BIMO. But there are still some tickets available. Even if you didn't win our fancy grand prize after our conversation with Michael Rubin, you can still go see Tom Brady and Joe Burrow and Gronk and Odell Beckham and Saquon Barkley and all those fancy folks out there with the NFL's biggest superstars, the elite global athletes, the official USA Flag Football National Team, trying to find a crown for the true world champion in flag football. It is courtesy of Fanatics Studios. Again, Michael Rubin joined his last hour to kind of talk us through how it all came together. But tickets are still available for the event tomorrow at one pm at BEMO Stadium through ticketmaster dot com. It's fun in effect. It's the yeah We're three fun.
Speaker 3: Fun facts find. Our fun factor is brought to you by our friends at Concordia University Masters in Coaching Program at Concordia University, Irvine, CUI dot edu slash coaching. If you want to be a coach, don't be somebody who sits on their laurels and says, hey, I'm good. Chase something, get after something. Listen to Tim Kates podcast for inspiration CUI dot edu slash Coaching.
Speaker 2: We just had the Oscars p Did you know that the Oscar statue was designed over drinks at the Biltmore Hotel. It was a sketch on a cocktail napkin. They have a poster, you know, like on the side. They have some historical stuff and the hallways of the Biltmore. We spent a lot of time there because it was a team hotel for USC for a couple of years. Fancy hotel.
Speaker 3: It was pretty nice, though there were a lot of complaints about the food. The Marriott food was more popular and the figure row of the Marriott food was more popular, so when Pete Carroll took over, he moved it back to the Marriott. But yeah, the Biltmore has the Gallery bar, which I think is where the sketch was made. They had an Academy awards at that Builtmore, and there's like a photo where you can identify like all the people in the black and white photo, kind of like in the shining you know.
Speaker 2: It was kind of cool when it was at the Roosevelt or the Biltmore as opposed to a mall.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, that's where it is now or the shrine. Yeah, the shrine all is a whole different Vinement's the mall next to the whatever Dave and Busters or something.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you can see it and the sketches in the hallway. Yeah, you know a lot of people thought the guy was just drawing a big dog.
Speaker 2: But I mean that's kind of you know, I mean, it's it's got a little bit of a dong.
Speaker 3: But it used to be before the oscars. The original name for the statue was the Big DoD King, but theyged.
Speaker 2: It just too many words.
Speaker 3: You know, it's time for quick hits. Everybody to the MS, quick hitch.
Speaker 2: I'll make it quick, y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Dodgers are the Big doad King around town night game tonight versus the Giants. Yoshinobu Yamamoa is on the mound for his final tune up before Opening Day, as he is the Dodgers opener on Thursday. Everybody's excited. Everybody knows that the Dodgers are number one, except for the Giants, who yesterday made a real dirty, underhanded bottom of the deck play for the Latino fans of the Bay Area with their Poodle bab b, a y poodle Bayball by ball, put o, bay ball, put bayball. I don't know if that's going to do it.
Speaker 2: It is. I mean, just listen to Sergio Romo there. I mean, when the game is played with identity.
Speaker 3: Compass, how we live it, that's how we love it, how we refuse to leave any any any dream half played, no dreams, half played. What I s the West.
Speaker 2: Poodle bayball bayball. I get it, you know, yeah, I know, I know you did a good job after that. I think just the initial response was to boo the hell out of it because it's the giant.
Speaker 3: Oh look it, these are These are Mexicans too, and they deserve their their moment and then they deserve the moment. They deserve it the moment in el soul, just like the Dodger amball.
Speaker 2: The moment and el soul.
Speaker 3: Chris Taylor l Ratton opted out of his deal with the set of Phenis after we he was informed He's not, Hey, you're not gonna make the club. Oh yeah, what.
Speaker 2: I'm opting out LOLd.
Speaker 3: He's a big Monks and Meryl fan. Chris Taylor's got about the same temperament.
Speaker 2: See you guys later.
Speaker 4: Over under career earnings, including according to Baseball Reference Reference. According to Baseball Reference, Chris Taylor fifty million.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: Sixty five million over for both of them. Oh, it's seventy two. Okay's the way I read. There was a buy out from the Dodger, so it could be about two million dollars less, but it's over seventy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think wasn't it a like a sixty million dollars deal that everybody hated that he got from the Dodgers and then immediately watched his career tank which whatever, you know, you you played right at the right time, you get the extension, and then you have to see a couple of the right time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, just because Andrew Friedman made one big mistake and for the rest of your life. Chris Taylor eats only the finest rat cheeses. He's only thirty five, going to Wild Fork every day for the finest meat.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's got Kansas City, Royal, Washington National, Written, Tampa Bay Ray had him.
Speaker 3: Before San Francisco Giants. Where was the interest when he signed with the angel He signed with the Angels and struck out like five hundred times. This guy can't hit put.
Speaker 2: O baball rookies put o baball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he doesn't know how to hit. He doesn't even know how to hold a boom.
Speaker 2: He doesn't know it's pumped or stuff.
Speaker 3: Now, Matt, uh, Look, a lot of people are getting down on Team USA because Team USA did not go all the way. But Logan web has a message. Okay, yeah, you like what Logan webs.
Speaker 2: He cares a lot, he does.
Speaker 3: They got defensive yesterday when he returned to the Giants spring training camp, and everybody was saying, phutto Baymo did Scottsdale?
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody's seen what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Matt?
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 3: Anybody's saying, really, you obviously missed the commercial poodle Bayball web Bit's good for Team USA and the WBC, but felt like he had to respond to people saying Team USA didn't care about the World Baseball Classic. I feel like there's a narrative that we didn't care. That's complete bull. Okay, I think we probably cared the most out of every team, to be honest.
Speaker 2: Now, that is buless.
Speaker 3: We do things in different ways than some other teams, but we care a lot.
Speaker 2: About the Double UBC.
Speaker 3: It's Trophy about the Venezuelans and their fruit of Bomba drinks.
Speaker 2: Definitely did not care nearly as much. The Venezuelans, like someone would lay down a sacrifice bunt and you thought they won the whole freaking thing. They care a lot of Bryce Harper hits that two run donger and he's like, got some weird salute as he saw a third.
Speaker 3: Are you into Logan Web or not? He said he cared more than anybody.
Speaker 2: I mean he definitely pitched his ass off. He pitched twice hell of a lot better than Trek Scooble telling us, oh, yeah, I drew him through a rainstorm to support my guys. Shut up, get out there and pitch in the World Baseball Classic. Ah the I think it's what David Vesse said. And DeRos has been a great guest on the Petros and Money Show. But god to see a terrible manager.
Speaker 3: Well, if they were serious about it, if they really cared a lot, they'd hire a real manager.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: MLB players are shrinking, why because they were never really that tall.
Speaker 2: In a minute, what do you mean they're shrinking?
Speaker 3: Well, this would happen with any athlete if you actually figured out how tall they really were. Uh, I mean that's why the Diego Pavia being five to two was such a shot one With the rollout of the abs, MLB is now measuring each player's height down to the millimeter. No shoes, no hats, no dice, back against the wall, real measurement of height. Gavin lux Is shrunk three inches three inches, six to two and now he's five eleven.
Speaker 2: Well he was. He was listed as six to two.
Speaker 3: He was six to two.
Speaker 2: How the hell do you get away with that?
Speaker 3: When you're six two, you look down on everybody and then somebody takes a knife to your knees. I mean, like cotton uh on King of the Hill Alex Bragman was six foot and now he's five ten.
Speaker 2: Like, you can't go to six two. You can go to six foot if you want to put a six in front of trust your name.
Speaker 3: You can go to a lot of things. And even even non athletes sometimes exaggerate about their height para hookahs and let's go a lot of people exaggerate about their height. That I think it's a thing.
Speaker 4: Justin Turner weighed in on it, by the way, who's a free agent, just like christ Justin Turner wided in and said, question, are all these height changes from official MLB measurings for abs or are guys trying to get away with shrinking the strike zone somehow, like claiming they're smaller now? Interesting, So he's taking the other sides, sat Ah, maybe there's a theory behind the players wanting to be smaller.
Speaker 3: Little Gamesman and Rick Moranis has been hired as an umpire this year. The Lakers are forty five and twenty five. They've won eight in a row. They have twelve games left in the regular season. They're holding on to the three seed in the West. They're in Orlando tomorrow to face the Magic Cameraniums has this to say.
Speaker 2: Are we just seeing restart players figured out?
Speaker 1: Is that what we've seen just kind of chip over the last a few weeks.
Speaker 6: I think for us has always been about time. You know, I haven't really had a lot of time to actually put into work on the floor or one another. You know, obviously we had a little bit of last year, but Luca was just getting to the team, you know, trying to get comfortable what we wanted to do. We're all trying to get comfortable with all three of us wanted to do how smart the year not in the lineup. Ar had a moment where he was out, you know. So it's just like just trying to figure it out, you know. And then I was out a couple of weeks ago, and I was able to come back and and see how I can best fit the you know, fit those guys because they were just playing so dynamic off one another. So I mean it sales. I mean it's sales, papers a lot easier, and clippings and podcasts. If you say Lebron uh bet that their team is better off without them. It's a lot of people try to like view it. So I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's we discussed a little earlier. No, you got out of the way, got more time together. You finally got out of the way well, and gave the ball up to the best player on the team so he could close games and win games in the final two minutes. Let me you got out of the way.
Speaker 3: Let me read to you the La fraud process. One. Braun tries to sabotage Lakers. Two Luca and Ar endure clearly better without Braun. Three. Media finally admits number two four Braun hurt by number two and number three straightens up his act for five games. Yes five, Braun claims narrative was never true, plays the victim hashtag twenty three years of fraud. Thank you, Apex Jones.
Speaker 2: Apex Jones all over it eight Beex Jones, all over.
Speaker 3: It, Matt the Clippers. The Clippers are losers now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Lakers have managed to continue to win despite all the celebration around their success. The Clippers immediately found themselves on a four game losing streak after going two games over five hundred. Is super hot sensational viral social media video from their social media team. They are in Dallas tomorrow against one of the worst teams that is actively tanking. They have the eight seed in the West, percentage points ahead of the Blazers for the nine. Just a half game separates them from the Warriors for the tenth seed. They are firmly in the play in tournament, but they are flirting with being the lowest seed if this continues. Something ty Loo is a little concerned about.
Speaker 6: La.
Speaker 7: I thought we scrabbed, missed a lot of free throws. You know, we did convert in transition. You know what hurt Us had a lot of opportunities, like you know, having advantage three on twos, two on ones, four on twos, and just not capitalizing in transition. And that's been a theme of the last three or four games. We haven't really been good in transition. And like I said, missing thirteen free throws, turning over sixteen times. But you know, overall, I thought, I guess, you know, compete at a high level. We just didn't, you know, we just didn't execute.
Speaker 3: All right. Thanks less than a month ago in the NHL season, both the Kings and the Quackers are currently playoff teams. The Ducks are the fourth and the West, the Kings barely hanging out out of the eighth spot in the West with fourteen games to go. And there's NFL news surrounding the Steel City Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Well, the NFL now treats the Draft like the Super Bowl. Cities can bid to host the NFL Draft, where the commissioner walks on stage announce his names. A handful of those names are attached to people who are present, and they walk out on the stage and hug Roger Goodell and then walk off the stage, and hundreds of thousands and in some cases, over a million people show up to witness it. So Pittsburgh says, we do not have the infrastructure to pack five hundred to seven hundred and fifty thousand people in the square for that. No, so they're closing school. Public schools will shut down for three days and they will go through remote learning while the draft is held in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: Either a global pandemic or the NFL Draft.
Speaker 2: No, both one and the same same effects. So good luck to those children.
Speaker 3: Matt, that's not all in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: No good news. Joe Green is a lot. Yeah, sing it jot where the good folks come and go. Joe Green is a lot. Rumors to the contrary on social media early this morning that Green, who was seventy nine, had died. The team immediately issued a statement said the statements are not accurate. They told People Magazine, which I believe is an online outlet, although I do believe you can still.
Speaker 3: Buy Harry and Meghan keep it afloat.
Speaker 2: The Steelers told People Magazine the Green quote, Yen's did not die. Eh, Yen's did not die. At sing it Joy.
Speaker 3: He is doing an appearance at the local Permante Brothers.
Speaker 2: So this place Pittsburgh still alive. Eat this sandwich with French fries in it.
Speaker 3: Basketball Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame next month. Rodman, a five time NBA champ with the Pistons and the Bulls, has a four match pro wrestling career, with three of those coming in the WCW. Yet much of the outrage of wrestling types, he's been inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. He made his w CWW in ninety seven, famously skipped to practice during the ninety eight finals to appear on the WCW Monday Nitro, where he set up a fat tag team match where he partnered with Hulk Hogan to face Diamond Dallas Page and Karl Malone. A lot of people very upset that guys like the Brooklyn Brawler, Barry Oh, Iron, Mike Arp, mid mid card jobbers.
Speaker 2: Matt Kate's coming in with the Iron Mic.
Speaker 4: How are these guys not in the Hall of Fame for fighting like two thousand matts jobbers?
Speaker 2: That's why that's right.
Speaker 4: But they did their job, they were technicians in the ring card job But.
Speaker 3: Did they did they tell Phil Jackson to Fops will get We still know their names.
Speaker 4: Though the Brooklyn ber We know that Iron marriage. I mean, we know all these guys. They were in the ring like twice a week on TV, losing, but they were technician based.
Speaker 2: Wrestler, technician based wrestler. You want to go like P's right, when you go to the WW Hall of Fame, You're gonna see Dennis Rodman's plaque and it's gonna say this guy skipped practice during the NBA Finals to be part of a tag team with the Great Hulk Hogan against Carl Malone and Diamond Dallas Page. Like that's gonna be a piece of interest, right.
Speaker 4: Iron Mike Sharp wrestle two thousand times, traveled the globe, put his life out there every single night. His body went to hell. He ended up dying in a wheelchair like ten years ago in Canada at the age.
Speaker 2: Wants to read who wants to read that?
Speaker 3: I want to thank Iron Mark. I want to be in a dress with his dog.
Speaker 2: Hang, yeah, that's what I want to see. Show me your dog and a dress.
Speaker 4: I want to salute Iron Mike Sharp and say thank you sir. What about Bury ol Berry?
Speaker 2: Oh and by the way. Wasn't Diamond Dallas Page your go to wrestler with Joe McDonald.
Speaker 3: He might have been, Yeah, d yoga, you should try it out. That's good for you.
Speaker 2: It is good for your back.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll be back Monday.
Speaker 2: Show starts at some form of it.
Speaker 4: Two o'clock Fingo, Dodgers Angels, Freeway Series, Flex.
Speaker 3: Alert two o'clock start. Have a great weekend. Everybody, be safe, enjoy the Dodger game. David Bassi coming up there. Check captains, contigu