Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back to the real world. I'm gonna guess that probably just a blanket statement. Most of us are going back to the real world today. Last week was kind of like still vacation Friday. We came back to work on Friday, but it was like nobody else was here. Nobody was listening to the radio that day. We did no phone screen for Friday, and like four people, there's nobody here. Mason is here and that's very important. Mason's got a big eighth birthday today. Happy birthday, Mason. First day back after a long break. Hippy for mom, not so much for the kids going back to school. I don't really want to do this bit, but Bailey insists on doing this bit every once in a while, So we have.
Speaker 2: To Why scheduled Bernie the calls today? Yeah yeah, I think he has some important things to say.
Speaker 1: The dumbest bit ever. Hello hello yeah, hello, hello yeah, hello, hello, hello, hello hello yeah hello. First day, bad cheese.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to use your phone. I'm a dog, you're what I'm a dog?
Speaker 1: So it's Bailey. This is the bit where baby Bailey pretends that she's my dog Bernie call. The first thing we're doing in the New Year is the first bit. If this is your first impression of the show, it's gonna be like, well, they haven't gotten any better better?
Speaker 2: Wow, I need to set Katie to b B as a pre satin Lord.
Speaker 3: Well, you just remind me I should introduce my lp. It's me by good Son.
Speaker 1: Get my son, Bernie, Yes, my dog, my poodle.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I've had the greatest time this weekend patrolling the yard for them, red headed son. Yeah, the fox.
Speaker 1: There was a fox in my backyard. Bernie spotted the fox and went crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The new Year, I thought I would write out some resolutions. Mom helped me hold the pen with my little feet. Can I read them to you?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: One one mark my territory. You know in the line king when they say everything the light touches is your change them yet, well, everything under this heavy stream is my kingdom.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's great. Okay, are you done? There are more?
Speaker 3: There's more, but two poop.
Speaker 5: More, poop more Okay, just like how it feels.
Speaker 3: Also, I feel powerful when I get to sit in the window and watch you pick it up from the wall to the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do that. Yeah. The good news is it's frozen this time of the year, so it's really do you.
Speaker 3: Love a poopsicord? I do taste? Feel good you, Bernie, don't eat you, Jenny, don't yuck my young Okay, fine, a number three, meet a new bitch every week. I might have to join a club like a running club, a fetch club, I don't know, curling club, the bitches.
Speaker 5: Okay, finally, smell more, smell more, butts more.
Speaker 3: These biscuits are waiting to be checked, dad, And I'm just the dog for the jack.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know you are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just when you think you're you're going down gone and lack a flash, this little white nose will be up and the biscuits. I want to know where you came from, where you're going, and what you had for lunch.
Speaker 2: No, Bernie, that's a little too fine doing that.
Speaker 1: No, Bernie, gotta go, gotta go, Sorry, bye bye bye, Sorry. Okay, are you happy with that bit?
Speaker 2: I love when Bernie calls him because I always like to hear what he's up to, and he always he always has like some fun ideas to do for then he's probably got better resolutions than you.
Speaker 1: I've heard of women supporting women but when women are doing something stupid, you should not support the Bernie bit.
Speaker 2: I agree, Bailey was in the bathroom poopy and what's happened. I'm just supporting Bernie calling in Bernie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can we talk about something super important? I can't. I'm every recent they talking about you know this in the fraud of the governor and blah blah blah. That's not important. It's not important. No, soup. Let's talk about soup. Yes, soup brackets. Yeah, we have the Dave Ryan Show twenty twenty six, first bracket of the year. This is the soup bracket. We need to figure out what is the most popular soup in the Twin Cities. And font is running the whole pole, the whole brackets. Let's go through the matchups today.
Speaker 6: Right, we got sixteen and we're gonna vote every single day by the end of the week on.
Speaker 1: The NFL theme song in the background. Here with brackets better, So kick it off with here we go.
Speaker 6: There we go, Hey, very quick, Okay, look at you you know? Okay, chicken wild rice versus vegetable soup.
Speaker 1: Shut chicken wild rice versus vegetables and the chicken wild rice is a staple of Minnesota, Wisconsin. Oh, yes it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a little more of a Minnesota thing, honestly.
Speaker 1: Could be. Okay, I love it. Chicken wild rides versus vegetable suit. Okay, chicken wil is gonna win there. You got chili versus cream of mushroom? Question? Is chili a soup?
Speaker 4: Yes? Yes, because you eat it like you would a soup. You eat cereal hot? You eat cereal.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's in a bowl, David. It's a good point.
Speaker 1: Cereal can be hot. Also, is oatmeal a soup? No, you got you there.
Speaker 2: Oatmeal is a different consistency than chili.
Speaker 1: Chili is a different consistency from me.
Speaker 4: So isn't it like broth based? Though chili is broth based, Chili is not broth based. It's goop based, Okay, goop based.
Speaker 1: So it's chili versus must Okay, God, Chili's gonna win that one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, which is crazy right because it'll move on. We got broccoli cheddar versus lentil soup.
Speaker 1: Broccoli cheddar. Chicken noodle soup versus ramen.
Speaker 4: Ramen is so well, rock wins is so much better.
Speaker 6: Chicken noodle is the classic but ramen. People do like their ramen.
Speaker 1: I do is ramen a soup? Or is it just romen?
Speaker 2: It's noodle soup? Is it like it's noodles?
Speaker 1: Okay, I feel like it's ramen to Okay. Now on to the other side of the bracket.
Speaker 6: We're doing the best Soup of All Time bracket you can go for right now on our Instagram story at Dave Ryan Show the all classic Tomato soup versus miso soup.
Speaker 1: Oh god, these matchups are horrible. Tomato soup is gonna walk away. Miso soup is bone broth is so good. It's bone. What else is in bone? Pieces of bone? Occasional thamail and.
Speaker 2: So delicious though.
Speaker 6: Now we're moving on to beef barley versus mind strone. Those are both mirony. Whatever I do not eat soup, I'm not ashamed of it.
Speaker 1: Mine strone, Minestron, thank you, you're adorable.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I can't even laugh because you said it exactly how it looks. There's nothing wrong with the way you said, it's just that's just not how you say it.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 6: Those are two old people soups. Clam chowder versus butternut squash. Butternut squash is so good.
Speaker 1: Clam chowder is way better, come on what and.
Speaker 6: Last one on the bracket French onion versus split pea.
Speaker 4: French onion is the best soup that's ever been created, period.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the split pea is just vomiting a bowl. Oh, I think it's so disgusting. I would sit at the dinner table for an hour to two hours because I wouldn't eat it when my mom would make and she wouldn't let me leave until I ate it.
Speaker 1: Justice for mindstrown one more time.
Speaker 6: Chicken wild rice versus vegetable soup, Chili versus cream of mushroom, broccoli, cheddar versus lentil, chicken noodle versus ramen, tomato versus miso soup, beef barley versus minnestroni, clam chowder versus butternut squash, and French onion versus split pea. Now it is your job. You listening to the show. Go on our Instagram story at Dave Ryan Show. All the matchups are there. You can vote like little polled, and then as each day goes on, this week, well we'll get to the eight and then four and then the top two, and then Friday we will know what the best soup of all time is.
Speaker 1: And I think it's mindstron.
Speaker 2: Whatever one winds, I will make it and bring it in on Monday.
Speaker 1: We do not want that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you mean past the what do you mean? I'm gonna make it. It's gonna be so good.
Speaker 4: Watch it be the most complicated soup to make.
Speaker 1: No, was it didn't pastor make fun of the soup that you brought to an event one time?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was ash Wednesday and we had soup dinner and everybody had to bring a soup, and I brought a big old thing a soup that it's separated.
Speaker 2: Weird, that's not on me. It wasn't mind separate. Normally you just throw everything. Dave doesn't crock pots Sundays all the time. Do you not normally just throw everything into a crockpot?
Speaker 4: Or borrowed a crock pot from my mom, And that's what I did.
Speaker 2: She tried to save it, and she honestly probably made it worse.
Speaker 4: I had to say a blessing over it. I was like, Hey, this soup is so good. I love all of the meat in it. And I was like no, I made the vegetarian one.
Speaker 1: He was like, oh, okay, coming back with a major announcement about me. I don't like to talk about myself. Yes, I do. Favorite subject. My favorite subject bought and we'll talk about that coming up next on KDWUB show. On kd WB we have I have an announcement, and I don't want to, like, you know, play and bait and that type of thing and make people think, oh my god, it's something like you know whatever. So I'm gonna be pretty much straight up honest and and tell you what's going on and not tease and bait you too much. I appreciate that. It's kind of like when you know you say, like, okay. Coming up on Cara Leven News, there is a nuclear war somewhere in the United States. We'll tell you right after this message from Russco in Minnesota. Rusco Minnesota Rusco, and I have to wait. You have to wait through the message from Minnesota Rusco since nineteen fifty five, and then you come back, and then Morgan Wolf will be like, yes, nuclear war breaks out in We'll tell you right after this message from Buckman. You do so, so I don't like I don't like to doing you know, just wait, wait, wait and bait bait bait tease teas teas. Yeah, you don't like doing that, but we'll let you know right after this message from dog thank you to an accident. No. I mean, let you stay in one place for a long time and you're, you know, you're you're, you're there, and you think you're always going to be there, and and and then sometimes you say, well I don't want to be there anymore. Normal, and so you you move on, and then you move on, you move and so you know, for for a long long time, I've been doing the same thing. And so I am leaving chan Hassen, Minnesota. Yeah, moving to Victoria, Minnesota. Okay, So yeah, wow after empty seven twenty eight years in chan Happening, I lived in Plymouth for a while, twenty eight years in chan Happening Minnesota. My kids went to chan Hassen schools, Chan Elementary, Bluff Creek Middle School, West Chasca High School, chan Hassen High School. We are now moving to Victoria.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're a chan happening. Like that's how I know the phrase chan happening. You've always been a chann happening. Guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now you'll be a Victoria Victorian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Victorian Victoria. Yeah yeah. So yeah, I am moving and I know that it doesn't affect you at all, but you'll see me more often at Floyd's in the borough.
Speaker 4: Can you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Tell us where is Victoria.
Speaker 1: It's one city down the road from chan Happening. If you keep going west on Highway five, you will round the curve, you'll pass Omni Brewing, Snap Fitness, the fire station, You'll go up the hill, you'll get to the stop light and Floyd's is one one corner. The borough is on another corner, a house with the big Christmas decorations on one corner, and then a I think it's Churchill's Cigars is on the other corner.
Speaker 4: It's like West of Excelsior, right yeah, southwest of West of Excelsior.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, but I'm going to tell you moving is a pain.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you the oh yeah, because you've got so much do we have?
Speaker 1: This is the house. We've lived in this house for twenty two plus years, and there is so much stuff. You know what. The overwhelming stuff is photos, photos upon photos, And I'm from an era that we printed out photos and stuck them in a photo album, right, so, and then I inherit millions and I inherited my mom and dad's photo albums from when my dad was in the military during World War Two. And it is like, I don't want these, but I got to save a couple. But you feel bad throwing out something that my dad treasured. You know what, he was a pilot in World War Two, and so all of his fly training manuals and all of these things that say like secret and restricted, they're not anymore because they're you know, eighty years.
Speaker 2: Old, like past the date.
Speaker 1: But I threw them. I mean, just take like a foot locker. I threw them all away because I don't want them, right, you know, his old World War two logs and all. I threw them all in the track.
Speaker 4: And you've been talking about going through like stuff for weeks now and then like, oh, well we've got rid of this, we got rid of that. So do you think you're like all set to move everything now or have you moved everything now? Or what's the status there?
Speaker 1: We know it's I'm basically taking car loads to Victoria, taking car loads. I'll loaded the car and then eventually I will hire a mover to do you know, the bed and the couch and all that stuff. So but Genny is offered to help, and Genny is strong like ox. Yeah, and Jenny picked up a couch, hoisted it on her back and carried it up the stairs the other one handed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one handed. I don't know if you're being serious or not. But I did find a collech on the street one time, and I did carry it on my own into the house. So I have done that before so I could help you. I was thinking about offering over the holiday break to help you move, and then I got lazy. I thought I was like, should I ask you if you need house moving? Because I know you have a lot of things and whatever, and I wasn't doing much.
Speaker 1: No, that is very sweet. It is just as it's tedious and we have to. It's a lot of downsizing because there's only you know, there's the house I living now is five bedrooms. It's a McMansion. It's your standard Woodbury, Savage chand suburb. Yeah, and we love that house. This house is much smaller, three bedrooms. There's storage under the stairs and that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you really got it down.
Speaker 1: My VHS porn collection has to go.
Speaker 2: I have it. Yes, yes, there, you should let the three of us just go through your hospital. You don't need to take this. We'll take that. We'll take that, and then you don't have to worry about donating it or doing whatever.
Speaker 6: Yes, there's a demand for a sex world shut down, so people are looking.
Speaker 1: Nobody wants VHS. That was another thing we've ran across all of these I found this giant rubber made bin of VHS tapes of our show on the News, or our show hosting the Easter Seals telethon in nineteen ninety two or whatever. And I saved all of these VHS tapes and I said, I don't have a way to watch them.
Speaker 7: Hm.
Speaker 1: I'm certainly not going to convert them to the cloud or a jump drive, though I could. I threw away probably fifty what VHS tape for the girls, Dave. They don't want them. That's the thing. There is a book that's called Nobody Wants Your s And it's true, your kids, they don't want your s. Pastor Joel Yeah at Westwood brought this up on Chris See. He says, nobody wants your crap. That's true. Your kids don't want your crap. You think they do. Oh you want grandma and silver, No, I don't want grandma self.
Speaker 6: I get I want some of your crap though, But I get it though, because then you feel obligated to keep it through the years and then you just pass it on. It's just like, well, my dad gave me this because he thinks I want it, but I don't want to throw it away because that's rue.
Speaker 1: I get it. I get it, yeah, but I just think they'd be cool. So all these all these things, like my dad played violin, and I don't want it. So we've held on to it since he died twenty years ago, and we're going to give it away. It's another thing, Jenny, You and I need to talk about Facebook marketplace. There are vultures on Facebook marketing. It's like you list one thing and bing bing bing bing bing bing bing.
Speaker 2: That means you listed it too low.
Speaker 1: We give away a lot of stuff for free. Oh you don't want to sell it. We just want to get rid of it. So it'll be like, Okay, here's a dresser for free, Carson's old dresser. Bing bing bing bing bing bing bing is it still available? Is this still available? Is this still available? Yes? One person flaked out. Everybody else was super cool about it.
Speaker 2: Well, see, if I'm giving away something for free, I just post it, put it on the street and be like, here you go, come get it. I don't deal with the back and forth of that. That's too much work. If I'm not making money, I'm not trying to meet you.
Speaker 1: Really, she just set it on the porch, and yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: A bad season to do it that way. It is, yeah, because like you never know if it's gonna you know, sleet, snow whatever. But yeah, no, if I'm giving something away for free, I just put it on the or you could put it in your neighborhood pages. So bye, buy sell What are they called billy buy nothing, buy nothing pages? Oh those people, those are vultures. You can be like, hey, this is out here on the street, come get it, and it'll be gone within seconds.
Speaker 1: Tell you a quick story. So we're you know, we're giving stuff away and we're selling certain Like I have an electric guitar that I haven't played in years, and I paid seven hundred dollars for it many years ago. So it's a beautiful guitar. So I wasn't going to give it away, so I listed it on Marketplace for two hundred dollars bing bing bing bing bing. I must have underpriced it because they come out of the woodwork. Guy comes down, really nice guy, but I'm a nice person. I say, come on in. Everybody, I tell him, come on in, come chat for a little while. There was one couple that they were The dad was very Japanese and was very difficult to understand, so he would talk to me and I would be like uh huh uh huh, and his son would kind of translate it. But I had him come in because I wanted to feel welcome. Yeah, one guy comes in and he looks like and I don't mean to be disrespectful, but he looked like an extra un Duck Dynasty Okay, you know what I mean, like a full on beard and just a Duck Dynasty extra. And so he came in and he started talking about odd stuff.
Speaker 2: Like what like wearing your skin the.
Speaker 1: People that build I don't want to give away too much. Oh anyway, so after he left, Susan said, I thought that guy was going to pull out a gun and kill us. Oh geez, and I said, I thought the same thing, and so on every transaction after that, I slipped a gun into my pocket just in case somebody got a little bit weird. Is that weird to me to do that?
Speaker 2: I mean, I will say, like, as a woman living alone and I sell things on marketplace, I do like things to be cautious.
Speaker 1: But if you don't have a gun, no.
Speaker 2: I don't have a gun, or do I I might have a gun. I don't tell people I don't have a dog. I think I have a gun, different big rifle thing. Yeah, she's got a dog that will eat your fist. I have that too.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, first I'll want some pets and then I'll he's going to beat you up.
Speaker 1: So so that is the news. I am moving to Victoria.
Speaker 2: How do your kids feel about it?
Speaker 1: Oh, they're excited. Yeah, they're they're excited. I mean, you know, they realized that it's we've Carson grew up in that house. He's lived there since he was two, and he was a little misty eyed about spending his final night in his childhood bedroom because he came home for Christmas and then I'm like, this is your last night. Next time, you you know, go by here. We won't this. This is not gonna be your house anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow wow, So there's the news. Thanks for your interest. I appreciate that. Thanks for all the text messages too, David. There's anything your dad's navigation equipment you no longer want to I would gladly take it as a current military navigator that heritage would be displayed either with my things or in our squadron. Threw it all away. I threw, oh my god, hundreds of logs and books and manuals from World War Two.
Speaker 2: I just hope you don't regret it.
Speaker 4: You could have donated that to like granted, I used to work for the Historical Society. We'd have people say like, I am a I have a trunk full of crap for you, and you'd be like, you don't want it, right, thanks for nothing. Yeah, that's true. I would say like, oh, yeah, you could have donated to a museum. But also the museum probably doesn't want it. They probably have better stuff.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's in my dumpster. I guess I can you could.
Speaker 4: Fish out because I can tell by your face you're a little bit like, did I make the right choice?
Speaker 2: He's gonna go back home and dig it out. Yeah, this is what you did. This is what you did with something like a letter or something you had, right, you went and dug it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, it was the letter from somebody. Yeah, and then I threw it away and then I went home and I dug it back out. You guys told me all too well. All right, thanks for listening. It is k D double Ub. We have tickets for John mulaney. Tell me about the show. What is this show coming up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: John Mlanie is coming to the Armory. And if you don't know who he is, he's a comedian and he's super, super funny. It's coming up already on Sunday January, like this Sunday, January eleventh, So at the Armory, and we're gonna play a little game called who on the Show. So if you know us, you'll be able to answer these questions.
Speaker 1: So you call in and you say, and we say who on the Show is moving to Victoria for example? And then if you know the answer, do you have to answer one question or more than that?
Speaker 2: I think we can just do one question for this because you know, time is of this.
Speaker 1: And so Okayank, gotcha?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Call me now six nine k WB for John mulaney tickets. We'll do a little who on the show? Who on the show has a sister? Everybody on the show has this? You get ok with your sister because it's back at it's caught and cold with you, Bailey.
Speaker 2: Oh and my sister?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, I get along with my sister all the time. She's just annoying to me sometimes, but she's my only sister. I love her so much. Okay, good, it's my favorite.
Speaker 1: She's your favorite favorite? Who on the show. Let's grab a phone and see if we can find somebody to play the game for John mullaney tickets six' five to, one nine to eight nine Katiewb AND i think we got somebody, Already, kayla is that?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 1: Kayla do you regularly listen.
Speaker 8: To the show every single morning on my way to?
Speaker 1: Work every single? Morning is it your first day back to work after?
Speaker 8: Vacation it is BECAUSE i work at iceany middle school?
Speaker 1: Teacher fourth? Grade, no middle? School, okay eighth?
Speaker 9: Grade, well, YEAH i work in the media.
Speaker 2: Center oh, god, yeah the best job at a. School it's.
Speaker 1: Awesome, okay here we, Go, kayla answer this. Question you're going to go See John mulaney at The Armory january, eleventh that's this. Weekend who on the show has a mom Named? Cindy that Is.
Speaker 3: Jenny, yeah.
Speaker 9: You're.
Speaker 1: Amazing. Congratulations shout, out, sure go, ahead.
Speaker 8: Okay shout out to all my teachers and the staff that are coming back to school. Today let's make it a Great. Monday and it's a great day to be a blue.
Speaker 1: Jacket Will, yes it. IS i would just telling the kids that. Earlier it's a great day to be a Blue. Jackety please hold, On, kayla and thank you for. Listening have a great day at. School Is Santi Middle? School all? Right it's one of one point three KD wb on The Dave Ryan. Show are we going to talk to this person who has the story about the? Mother? Yeah, Okay i've been looking forward to this One Ryan show one on one point three KD. Wb Quick dave's dirt. First then we're gonna touch somebody who had an experience with their mother in law over the holiday, break AND i wanted to tell you the. Story Mickey, rourke kind Of hollywood's it guy actor from the, eighties is now he's broke and he's about to lose his. House we put together a GoFundMe to raise money to stay in his. HOUSE i don't know what his payments, are but he's actually raised over thirteen thousand dollars last TIME i checked around nine o'clock last. Night So Mickey, Rourke hollywood actor from the past with a. GoFundMe.
Speaker 2: INTERESTING i always love Watching Anny cohen And Anderson Cooper's New Year's eve, special AND i did watch it this, year AND i caught the part Where Annie cohen was, LIKE i want you to do a dramatic reading of a, song and so he hands over the lyrics For, wood which Is Taylor swift song About Travis Kelsey's, wood And Anderson cooper did start giggling uncontrollably when he, SAID i don't need to catch the bouquet to KNOW i a hard rock is on the. Way and it was very cute Because Andy, cohen he is so salacious and then sweet Little Anderson cooper is just LIKE i like that they get kind of drunk every time. This Andy cohen gets kind of, Drunk Anderson cooper keeps it together most of the. Time Harry styles.
Speaker 4: Has teased a new album coming up this, Year he's got an official music video for a new song of his Cold Forever, Forever And i'm excited Because Harry styles hasn't had new music in like a hot. Second, yeah it's been so, long right, exactly and that felt like it was so long.
Speaker 2: Ago and you, know He's america', sweetheart he's the world's.
Speaker 4: SWEETHEART i Love Harry, Styles So i'm excited for.
Speaker 1: That bos on the, PHONE i, GOT i got this and don't worry about. It The Muppet. Show they're bringing Back The Muppet. Show it was a huge show back in the, day maybe forty ish years, ago and they're bringing it back with special there's a special teaser With Sabrina carpenter And Seth rogan a little teaser action for The Muppet. Show it's a return of them upp at show when we're back on the very stage where it all started and then, ended and the is maybe starting again depending on how that it. Goes it's The Muppet.
Speaker 2: SHOW i was so excited For The Muppet. SHOW i cannot. Lie, well that's. FUN i watched a show Called We Were liars over the. Weekend it's On Amazon prime and it did come out last, summer So i'm a little bit behind on, that but it was a really good. Show it's about these like four kids who are like cousins and friends and, stuff and they come from a really wealthy. Family but the moms are so despicable because they just like want money from their rich dad the whole. Time but there's just a lot of twists and turns in, it AND i highly recommend. It it's Called We Were liars On Amazon prime once. AGAIN i Know i'm. Behind it came out last, summer and that one's based on a book THAT i. Know it is based on a book AND i definitely think that there's going to be another Season. Slash there's probably more books because of the way it.
Speaker 4: Ended, yeah a lot of things are based on books that are out right. Now The housemaid is in theaters AND i, Know, dave you saw. THAT i, have like all of my friends are seeing. IT i just finished the. Book it is such a good. BOOK i had a friend say the movie was campier than they. Thought and then YESTERDAY i just started Watching Heated, rivalry which is also based on a book that's ON.
Speaker 2: Hbo that's really good show so far.
Speaker 1: TOO i did Watch The. Housemaid, yeah it was, campy but it was really. Good it was very. Satisfying i've said it, before AND i don't want to sit here like bitch about The Ping pong. Movie Was Marty? Supreme? YEAH i saw. IT i would not personally recommend, it but apparently people On Rotten tomatoes love. IT i thought that the character was unlikable and there was no, plot but at the same time it was interesting to. Watch. Mmmm.
Speaker 9: Yeah MICHAEL.
Speaker 6: B jordan said that he needed therapy after his role as A comonger And Black. Panther he, said, quote in preparation for that, ROLE i didn't speak to my family that. MUCH i was kind of isolated a. BIT i tried to live like Kill monger would have. Lived and then he said after the movie it kind of stuck with him for a. BIT i feel like there's so many actors like that who get so immersed in these roles that it changes. Them Like Austin, butler the guy that Play, elvis because he literally studied, him the, mannerisms the, voice and now he still kind of talks with that same little that little, Voice, yeah the.
Speaker 2: Voice what is his character In Black? Panther was it an evil?
Speaker 7: Character?
Speaker 2: Yeah he was a bad.
Speaker 1: Guy.
Speaker 2: OH i always wonder that about people who play really awful characters and they go FULL i think of like heth he played The joker and then didn't he shortly after not wh it really.
Speaker 1: Misses, yeah it's always funny to see like an really, evil awful, character like the bad guy In, diehard you, know The german bad, guy to find out that he's like a charming guy with kids and he coaches his kids baseball.
Speaker 4: Team you've got the like mean, face and then everyone thinks, like that's a mean, guy and you're, like, ACTUALLY I i adopt puppies every week and make sure that they go to a Good it's.
Speaker 1: Like but you're a murderous psycho in that. MOVIE i, Know But i'm just playing a. Role, yeah in Other, dirt and there's just a little bit more than we can to kind of move on. Here Critics Choice awards last, night The timothy Shallow may Accepted Best actor For Marty. Supreme Here's Timothy Chala, may who's got the coolest name in, showbiz by the. Way and last, Ye i'll just say thank you to my partner of three.
Speaker 2: Years thank you for our.
Speaker 1: FOUNDATION i love.
Speaker 2: YOU i couldn't do this without.
Speaker 1: You thank you from the bottom of my. Heart thank you so, much appreciate.
Speaker 2: IT i have to say it did go. AHEAD i was just gonna. SAY i saw a video of the two him And Kylie jenner taking. Pictures kylie did not wear an outfit that she should have because she was holding her dress up the whole time so that her boob wouldn't fall out in the. Pictures it was really, awkward AND i was, like, man if you be taking pictures the whole, time maybe just don't wear something where there might be nips for you, know on are.
Speaker 1: Those stuck on with glue on the, inside like a tape a double? Side AND i always wondered that it's just like a like a like a.
Speaker 4: Top that's, like, yeah there's fashion tape that's sticky on such a, thing, Right, yeah never works in my.
Speaker 1: Bit truly does sweat so. Much that's why that.
Speaker 2: Are you just move in? General oh, yeah we.
Speaker 1: Are talking With kara on the. Phone kara is BASICALLY i knew That kara was going to call BECAUSE i was texting with her. Earlier, kara tell me your, story and basically you had said something like if anybody else is struggling with their mother in. Law let me tell you WHAT i have to put up. With, Hi, Kara, hello thanks for. LISTENING i know you've listened to the show for a long long. Time first time you've been on the. Show tell me what happened On? Christmas was It Christmas?
Speaker 2: Day?
Speaker 9: Yes this?
Speaker 5: Morning. Okay so my mother in law said to, ME i love how you don't care about how you. Look WHAT i, mean who says?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 1: What what was? She what was she? Implying it's, like, okay because you know mother in laws will say something like if you if you put on a couple of, pounds a mother in law might say something, like, well somebody needs to get their steps in every.
Speaker 2: Day glad you've been getting into the cookie jar.
Speaker 1: Lately so mother in law looks at you and, said what was the? Quote, AGAIN i love.
Speaker 5: How you don't care about how you?
Speaker 4: Look and was that after you had actually put in some effort into how you, looked or was it like straight in the, morning.
Speaker 2: Like roll out of.
Speaker 9: Bed, well SO i.
Speaker 5: Rolled out of bed because that's what you, do.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah but she had like a full face of makeup and hair and like was very like put together already, YES i mean she's always. Is SO i think it's like BECAUSE i don't It's christmas.
Speaker 6: Morning, Right BUT i could SEE i could see, why like what she means, like, oh you're confident about.
Speaker 1: YOURSELF i love that you don't.
Speaker 6: Care but also mother in laws are just known to be saying little snobby, things like backstabby type.
Speaker 4: Things, yeah there's get why you were offended. Away the tone of her voice is like a well look at. You, yeah If i'm so.
Speaker 6: Inspiring from trying to play devil's, ADVOCATE i could kind of see what she might have been getting.
Speaker 1: At but she shouldn't said. It but you have to look at the history of the whole. THING i, mean guess mother in law's history is she has a history of saying little, snarky little back handed things here and.
Speaker 2: THERE i also want to make a prediction and say That i'm sure that your partner is just an angel in her.
Speaker 5: Eyes oh my, god, yes her. Son she doesn't refer to as my. Husband she refers to him As.
Speaker 1: So you, Know i'm sorry you put up with.
Speaker 4: That you.
Speaker 1: KNOW i think it's you just always had to take the high. Road you can't you can't get into a, little you, know bickering back and forth. Match BUT i do admire the fact that you just don't care what you look, Like. KARA i think THAT'S i think that's. Great no matter how bad your hair is and it doesn't look, good you just you don't. Care and the goop in your corner of your, eyes you, KNOW i, MEAN i think a lot of people would wipe the goop out of the corner of their eyes for. You but you don't. Care cute AND i. Admire, yeah, yes, yeah thank, you thank. You she's never calling, Again, yeah first, time last, Time, karat thanks for. Calling thank you appreciate. That so monster in Law, Monday tell me about your monster in. Law give me a quick story about your monster in. Law what did she say over the? Weekend what did she say Over? Christmas what does she constantly? Do does she drop in whenever she wants? To did she complain about The christmas? Presents what did monster in law do over the? Holidays call me six five one nine eight NINE kdwgb or send me a text AT katwb one five three nine two. One we'll do that. Second, also name that tune and play the name a game a game and name that tune coming up in a few, minutes and our predictions from last year and for twenty twenty six coming up on katwgb's one on one point THREE. Ktwb monster In Law. Monday we're talking With caroen a little while, ago And kara was telling us the story about how Over christmas it sounds like mom and her and mom and the family woke up in the same. House mom monster in law goes in and she puts on the, makeup in the full hair and gets dressed and. Whatever and Then, kara you, know she probably comes out of her bedroom with curlers in her, hair smoking A marlborough, red got her, bathrobe no tie on the, bathroome dangling naked under, underpants and so THEN i don't. Know but then her monster in law, says you know WHAT i really admire about you that you just don't care how you. Look it's, like come, on, Great So monster in Law, monday let's see what we got. Here. Suzanne good, Morning, suzanne.
Speaker 3: Good, Morning Happy New.
Speaker 1: Year tell me about your monster in.
Speaker 2: Law Happy New.
Speaker 9: Year SO i would like to preface this with this is not my current mother in.
Speaker 1: Law, okay good case she's listening.
Speaker 9: Wonderful, yes, wonderful wonderful mother in. Law, yes my previous mother in law AND i was much. Younger she was a lot smaller THAN i was in, size and LIKE i was a size large for a, woman and she was probably like a smaller and if. Small and she bought me a size small outfit For christmas one year because that's the SIZE i should.
Speaker 1: Be Oh, god did she say that or just imply, That, no.
Speaker 9: That's what she actually.
Speaker 2: Said oh, wow, WOW i should be more like her and be her.
Speaker 8: Size.
Speaker 1: Wow you just got to bite your tongue and just not say. Anything and we appreciate, it all, Right, Ryan, Hello, Ryan hello monster in.
Speaker 2: Law.
Speaker 1: Monday what do you.
Speaker 8: Got, well the whole family sitting around my husband's family sitting around the, table big, family big. Table we're all sitting there, eating. Chatting my mother in law sitting right next to, me and she's given examples about how it was when she was a, kid and you know what they didn't have and what we have. Now and she, said you, know we didn't have a remote for THE. Tv my dad would just smack me up side my head and tell me to go change the. Channel and as she's telling the. Story she whaps me upside the back of my. Men did chat hold?
Speaker 1: Back did she like apologize for doing?
Speaker 8: It oh, no, no my husband's sitting right across the table from. Me both of our eyes are like bugging out of our. Head like it was super. Awkward everybody was silent at the table and then it just you, know somebody breaks the ice and we move.
Speaker 9: Forward but, yeah, ah she.
Speaker 1: Actually did you get up and change the channel when she did? It though maybe not ever.
Speaker 8: Changed the channel for?
Speaker 1: Her, Never thank, You, ryan have a good. Day let's go To tracy monster in Law. Monday, tracy tell me your. STORY i, trace.
Speaker 10: So i'll promise this By my husband is an only child and my mother in law lived with. Us oh, okay, YEAH i mentioned to HER i have a two and a four year old and my four year old son is getting into toys.
Speaker 7: Like real toys, now AND i, SAID i really want to get him this big toy For. CHRISTMAS i think he would really like. IT a couple of days, later, OH i ordered that tour that toy for him For. Christmas it'll be here in a couple of.
Speaker 10: DAYS i can't wait to give it to him On Christmas.
Speaker 1: Eve and that was the toy that you wanted to.
Speaker 10: Get, yeah that was going to be the big toy for mom and.
Speaker 2: Dad and she's a living.
Speaker 1: Months if you want to stay With jenny for a couple of, days she's got a SPAR i got for.
Speaker 10: You and she's done this every. Holiday oh look at The christmas OUTFIT i got for your. Daughter oh look at The halloween OUTFIT i got for your. Son i'm, like CAN i just buy my kids their First halloween outfit myself?
Speaker 1: Something if you have a mother in law that you love and get along, with just, fine just counter blessing, seriously because there's a lot of people who struggle with. THAT i got time for one more and then maybe some text. Messages Bailey's, casey we're talking about monster in Law. Monday let's hear your, Story. Casey, well my ex.
Speaker 8: Mother in law gave me the weight loss sensa For, christmas kind of.
Speaker 9: Insulting what do you say when you open this?
Speaker 1: Up you open it up and you're, thinking, oh maybe it's LIKE i don't, know, makeup or maybe it's a, Wallet but, no what are.
Speaker 9: You saying to her son to give to? Me SO i just immediately started. Bawling i'm, like are you?
Speaker 3: Kidding?
Speaker 1: Wow WELL i think you look.
Speaker 2: Great, YEAH i do.
Speaker 9: KNOW i lost the hunter.
Speaker 1: Poees well there you, Go, hey thanks for calling. IT a bunch of text messages to monster in Law.
Speaker 4: Monday this one, says my mother in law told me THAT i have the body THAT i don't have the body to get away with wearing chunky.
Speaker 1: Jewelry, wow, okay body of.
Speaker 4: Jewelry my mother in law saw THAT i started a tattoo sleeve over the, holidays and she, said you're so much prettier without.
Speaker 2: Tattoos, wow like something my.
Speaker 4: Grandma she made a comment that no one over a size eight should wear jeans WHILE i was wearing. Jeans why, WHY i don't.
Speaker 1: Know this one is.
Speaker 4: Awful so my mother in law posted my pregnancy announcement On christmas BEFORE i announced it. Myself mine took down all of My christmas decorations On december twenty seventh WHEN i went out for lunch with my mom at her.
Speaker 2: House at her, house took all of her stuff.
Speaker 4: Down this one says my ex mother in law asked me to step out of the photos at my son's baptism because they wanted family photos Only oh my.
Speaker 2: At that she is family, Right oh my.
Speaker 4: Goodness this one says my mother in law brought a baby picture of my husband to our wedding to show his family that we don't see very. Often that my, daughter who was one at the, time didn't actually look like her. Son and he's the only Guy i've ever been. With, okay this kid doesn't even look like my.
Speaker 1: Son.
Speaker 4: Wow this one says On, christmas my mother in law kept saying to, me we should open gifts because you look so.
Speaker 1: Tired who does the? Worst don't ever tell anybody unless they're like really close to you that they look. Tired you LOOK i REMEMBER i went To Rosedale mall one time to do an, appearance AND i showed up and the marketing, manager god, LOVER i don't remember her name is years Ago she's, like you look tired, today and it was, like that is? You just don't tell somebody they looked. Tired Like, GOD i would Tell bailey THAT i am tired.
Speaker 2: Making fun of her earlier because she was walking around with her bare, feet and then you're, like you gotta you got a beer, hat.
Speaker 1: Beer walking around your bare? Feet what do you think this is it's my.
Speaker 2: Work, yeah.
Speaker 1: Exactly she needs.
Speaker 2: To be able to Sit. PRETZEL i need to Sit pretzel.
Speaker 1: Style, okay, fine you guys. Good they didn't mean to have your microphone off the entire, time but it sure was nice not hear you for a few.
Speaker 6: Minutes justice for. Me you've made fun of me twice. Today now for Saying, Mindstron, well.
Speaker 1: We were talking about this the super brackets while. Ago we said, okay let's do soup. Raggets so it's, like you, know minnestroni versus, this or or wild rice soup versus chicken, noodle and was reading the brackets and he's, like, okay so, yeah.
Speaker 6: Beef barley versus mind stron WHATEVER i do not eat. Soup and then daily thru in a word that's also oh.
Speaker 4: Epitome that's what the mind stron, is the epitome of all.
Speaker 1: SOUPS i love. It, anyway welcome back to the, show, Mon we appreciate.
Speaker 10: It ti