Speaker 1: Scott Sloan show back Friday morning seven hundred Wow, not just any Friday morning. We lead off and will not bury the lead this morning the big store, of course, super Bowl sixty coming up Levi Stadium in San Francisco six thirty. By the way, on Sunday, the pregame started I think three weeks ago, if not mistaken, Seattle and the Patriots in a rematch from well over a decade ago. Patriots won that one on a I believe it was the Malcolm Butler interception game is what that was. And this time around Seattle favored by four and a half points, and the total by day total points lois total since twenty fifteen set at forty five and a half on this and more is the living legend himself, the voice of your Bengals. That would be our good friend Dan Horde, Dan welcome, how are you? Everything is well here in Cincinnati, Ohio where I am. I don't know what sunny climbs you're in right now. Probably still you're on a beat somewhere with a my tie.
Speaker 2: You just cut out there. I didn't hear it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm sorry about that. I said, you're probably on a beach somewhere with a my tie.
Speaker 2: Right, I wish. Unfortunately that is not the case. You know, we both have Upstate New York in our background, having lived in the Buffalo area. When I moved to Cincinnati, I thought I was moving through a tropical paradise, and more often than not, the weather here is quite mild. But this winter winter is kicking my tail. Unlike you, I do not enjoy shoveling.
Speaker 1: I don't mind it. I got the snowblower that broke, and I'm working with broken. So I'm thinking about getting a plow for my truck because I got a couple of properties. I got to take care of them. Like, maybe I get a ply She think I should want a.
Speaker 2: Plow, Dan, I think you should get a plow, and I will give you my address. I've got a big day and I appreciate if you would make regular visits.
Speaker 1: I mean, my wife told me, she said, you know, I tell her about it. I'm like, I'm doing the math. I'm like yeah, I'm like, for you know, a couple two three years pay for itself. And she's like, I know you You're gonna go plow everybody's driveway. Your plow ours and you'll go do all your friends, will do all the neighbors, and you're not. It's not going to pay for itself. You're going to wear it out because you like doing this stuff, because you're stupid. I said, you know what, that is the best analysis I think you've ever offered me in the last year. That she's spot on too.
Speaker 2: I do everybody so her she's very wise. However, what she didn't say is that all of those friends whose driveways you are about to shovel when you get this plow are going to love you even more than they already do. And what's more important than.
Speaker 1: That that's true? Well, I mean I get certainly I abuse them, and so the karma comes back and I'll have all all evens out even I'll never have to buy a drink again for the rest of the year. It'll be fantastic. Let's get in the super Bowl. The biggest star of the Super Bowl, Dan of course is and I'm sure people are hanging on this your take on the Bad Bunny halftime show.
Speaker 2: I have no problem with Bad Bunny performing, and I don't understand why this is a controversy. Right, he is a huge international star. I don't care that he apparently sings some of his songs in Spanish. I mean, I'd never really listened to Bad Bunny. But why is this such a big deal. I mean, the NFL has been trying to pick popular acts for at least the last ten years or so. Prior to that, I think they went for the old time legends. But they're trying to appeal to a younger audience by picking acts that you know, younger folks listen to. Now clearly they're listening to Bad Bunny. Why is that a controversy? It actually kind of annoys me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you on it. I mean, I think I know one of his songs. I can't say I'm a huge Bad Bunny fan that I'll go and download his music because of this. I won't. But it's fifteen minutes and it's time for me to go to the bathroom anyway, because I'm watching the games and commercials. You can't take a break. The only time I could take a break is halftime. I got to go my blatters full and I'm old. If you look at the TV ratings, which are still a thing, NFL is still in the top one hundred, like most of the top one hundred shows are NFL football games. Yeah, yeah, the top ninety, the top one hundred, right, And you can't get any more saturated. You cannot get any more market share in the United States than you already are with the NFL. So the only way to expand and make more money is to go intional to Latin America. And so you put bad Baby on, who's a Grammy winner, who also is the most streamed artist. It's a slam dug. It's not about you know, old white people in America watching football anymore. It's about women, it's about young people. It's about emerging markets. That's why they're doing this.
Speaker 2: You know, Bad Bunny is hosted Saturday Night Live. That's my only exposure to Bad Bunny, and he was funny. He was good on Saturday Night Live. So, like you, I don't know how closely I'll be watching the halftime show. That's a great opportunity to head to the kitchen and store up on another round of unhealthy food, which is what I do best during the Super Bowl. But I'm sure I'll catch some of it, and who knows, maybe some of the people that are so offended by the fact that he's going to perform at halftime, will come around and say, you know what, that guy's.
Speaker 1: Not that bad, or they'll turn around and watch Kid Rock and Lee Greenwood or whatever that is, and it's an opportunity, you know, or the Puppy Bowl or whatever the hell it is. I don't know. I'm here to watch football and commercials in that order, by the way, and probably one of the very few times, Dan, you get to actually just a I don't watch a football game without putting your Bengals hat on. So let's get at it. Seattle and New England. I think the big question here is Drake May. Which Drake May shows up? He has not been good in the playoffs. That's a huge problem going to this for the Patriots.
Speaker 2: I think that's the big question for both teams, right, I mean, will Sam Donald turn into a pumpkin? Sam Donald actually accounted for more turnovers than any other quarterback in the NFL this year during the regular season twenty when you add up his interceptions and his bumbles, and then Drake May, as you pointed out, has had some shaky moments in the postseason. He's fumbled six times in the playoffs. So which of those two guys makes a couple of big mistakes that hurts their team. I think that that ultimately could be the key to the game.
Speaker 1: Well, we saw Donald in the NFC Championship performance against the Rams, and they're very aggressive in the co And you know, I guess the question is does he reverted to his second half struggles against New England. Was that a one off in the NFC Championship game or was he able to maybe turn that worm turned a little bit for him? We'll find out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was awesome in that game. That might have been his best game all year. I'll say this for Sam Donald, I've been a skeptic really for two years now. He led the Vikings to fourteen wins last year, he led Seattle to fourteen wins this year. Now, he had the benefit of really good defenses on both of those teams. But still I think he's the only quarterback other than Tom Brady to ever do that. That's pretty impressive. So I guess at some point we have to say, you know what, maybe that Donald guy is pretty good after all.
Speaker 1: All right, So who's less questionable for you then, Drake may or Sam Donald.
Speaker 2: I probably still have more doubt about Sam Donald. But I still think Seattle will win, just because Seattle is the better overall team and much more battle tested. The NFC was vastly superior to the AFC as a conference this year, and Seattle was in a division where two other teams won twelve games. I mean, they made it through the NFC West with the Rams and the forty nine ers, and at the end of the day, with the number one seed in the NFC, they went fourteen and three, and their schedule was much tougher than New England. New England's had one of those years where everything seemed to fall right into their credit. You still got to go out and win those games, and they beat good teams in the playoffs. But Seattle, week after week, it's facing really good teams and beating them. I find it hard to imagine that Seattle's going to lose. The one thing that kind of creeps into the back of my mind is the fact that the underdog is one four out of the last five Super Bowls. So strange things happen on Super Bowls Sunday. But I still think Seattle's going to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And if you look at like even the last three, well, how you can go back to like the last five years their record is, you know, they're twelve and four and twenty twenty nine, couple nine and eighties and ten and seven. This season they come out and it feels like New England. Dan, It was like the Bengals when we went to the Super Bowl, right, you know, they're terrible and all of a sudden, nowhere they just go on a heater, they go on a run. And we saw the Bengals, as you know, in that Super Bowl against the Rams, a blank of an eye. It could have been a Bengals world championship had had things fall into place, because it was literally an eyelash away from winning that football game and they didn't. Lost by three. But it reminds me the New England team come out of nowhere, reminds me of the Bengals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did basically the exact same thing. The year before the Bengals went to the Super Bowl in twenty twenty one, they won four games. That was what the Patriots did. They've done from four wins to a division title and an appearance in the Super Bowl. Maybe unlike the Bengals, they're able to win one more game and add another freaking Super Bowl to the wall in New England. That doesn't annoy me at all, but we'll see, you know, Seattle to me is the better team on both sides of the ball, so I'll think they'll win. And part of that I think influencing my decision is when the Bengals played the Patriots this year, New England won, but they didn't play very well march down in that game, Drake May threw a pick six, they settled for a bunch of field goals inside the red zone. They won because the Bengals couldn't cover tight ends really for the entire year. And Hunter Henry Hunter Henry had one hundred and fifteen receiving yards in that game. But New England didn't allow me seeing them, you know, in person, So that probably has a big impact on my thought that they're going to lose the game as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that and that spread feels about right to me. Dan Horde, voice of the Bengals. Chopping up the Super Bowl on Sunday six thirty, We'll have it for you here, Super Bowl sixty on seven hundred WLW if you can't watch it on TV. And the other thing I'm going to look up front two is what is Will Campbell the rookie, how he holds up against that interior pressure Seattle has because the throw stunts at the highest rate in the league, and that's gonna be kind of overwhelming. That's a whole different ballgame for him. It's interesting because adding now, Drake may can certainly scramble for sure, but you can't only do that so much before it comes back to bite you. We'll see how that that part of the line holds up for them.
Speaker 2: He's the left tackle. He was helped off the field in Cincinnati, got injured in that game. It looked at the time like it might be season ending. Fortunately for the Patriots, Campbell was able to come back and return. But since he's been back, he hasn't been very good. So we'll see. I agree with you, I think that's going to be a key matchup in the game.
Speaker 1: All right on this side of it? Should should New England copy what like the Rams tried to do attack in Seattle with a lot of those in routes and going after the zone really really hard in Typically an NFL team will look at that, watch the film and go, uh, we got to try and figure out if our personnel can execute like the Rams because they're pretty close.
Speaker 2: Listen to you, listen to you going all collins Worth nowt.
Speaker 1: I mean you you can if you watch it right, you're like, okay, you just basically it's like anything, if it works, you try to replicate it and build office. That's what they're going to do.
Speaker 2: That is correct. Yeah, the Patriots are certainly going to look at things that work for the Rams and try to incorporate some of them. Now, the Rams have Puka Nakoa Natua and DeVante Adams and the Patriots don't have weapons like that. I think the Patriots are going to rely on the running game more than the Rams did in the NFC Championship game. But sure, anytime you see a team have success, you try to find some of those things that apply to your team, you know, when you compare the personnel and see if you can use some of those things to your advantage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah, we can talking much about well Sam Darnold, but Seattle's offense they can beat you a whole bunch of different ways.
Speaker 2: Kenneth Walker is awesome, the beast. They call him K nine. He's a great running back. Now, they were able to share the load during the course of the season with Zach Charboney. He's hurt, he won't play in the Super Bowl, so puts more of the load on Walker. But that might be a good thing. I think he's tremendous. He might be top two or three in the NFL and yards after catch, once you get the ball in his hands, he's electric. And that's going to be a real key for New England in this game because he's the type of guy that could easily put up you know, one hundred and fifty combined rushing and receiving yards.
Speaker 1: Right, what about the special teams factor? Do you think that could make a difference in this game? Because you know, you think, all right, Sam Darnold, Drake May, you know, two guys at not the best quarterbacks in the league, certainly not. You know, there was MVP talk for Drake May. That's over at this point. Did this come down a special teams play or Seattle? Just do you see this like as a blowout?
Speaker 2: I don't see it as a blowout. Special teams could be a factor. The Patriots have a rookie kicker that could be you know, significant in a Super Bowl. Maybe the collar gets a little bit tight. We'll see. You know, I don't have that circle as like this game is going to come down to a field goal, but I do think it's going to be relatively close, and who knows, you know, maybe a rookie kicker in that moment does not deliver. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I keep thinking back to that the Bengals Super Bowls, like, well, that was very close to went by field goal for crying out loud, and could have been the Bengals ball game. If and when we're able to complete a pass there with you just need to you just replay it over in your head, right, you need a quarter more of a second and it's a touchdown. But yeah, of course it feels like the same game.
Speaker 2: It's a really good point because what did that game ultimately come down to. Yep, the Bengals inability to protect Joe Burrow when they had to in the second half. I mean, Aaron Donald wrecked that game. And the Patriots offensive line against this great Seattle defense, that's the biggest matchup in this game. Seattle is number one in the NFL in scoring defense, number one in rushing defense. They're really good at getting after the quarterback. Drake May got shacked a lot, he'll hold onto the ball, not unusual for second year QB. So that's going to be a huge key on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we'll see how plays out too. As an AFC guy, we're both AFC guys to watch Drake May And I'm just curious and I think the strength of schedule criticism is valid and Mike put into context their playoff offensive struggles. I just want to see, like this is a good test, and I think next season I need a whole nother season to watch Drake made it to see if he's a real deal.
Speaker 2: Well, he's the eighth quarterback to make the Super Bowl in the second year of his career, so that's good. Companies on the list with Joe Burrow, Tom Brady, Dan Marino, Ben Roethlisberger, so his career is obviously off to a great start. I'm buying Drake May. You know, I think there's a tremendous draft pick. That quarterback draft is looking better and better. Caleb Williams was the first pick. He was great for the Bears this year. Jayden Daniels was the second pick. He was incredible last year and then got hurt this year, and then he had Drake may come after that. So I think all three of those teams are really happy with their choice. And Drake may is the first of the three to get to a Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no question. Then there's always guys like I don't know, Sam Bradford and Baker Mayfield. So we'll see where he ends up. I mean, you know he's going to be in the league for a while, that's for dang sure. So Super Bowl Sunday it is sixered. What is a food of choice? And don't tell me toast by the way, when you're sitting back, kicking back and just watching the games of fan, don't hit me while I'm gonna have I'm having a toast buffet.
Speaker 2: You know how I love toast. I know you're going to be at the grand opening of my Toast restaurant the Coast of the Town. I know you're very excited about that bread bread that's their slogan. On Super Bowl Sunday, I will be beginning my day with some toast as I begin every day. I'm definitely a toast for breakfast kind of guy. But you know, when the Super Bowl arrives, I gotta have wings. You know, we both have Buffalo in our past, in a Buffalo area in our past. So even though I miss Western New York wings as opposed to Cincinnati wings, I like Cincinnati wings, but they try to make them too healthy. Here. Everybody's baking their wings, you know. I want deep fried, I want a christy edge. But in many cases, yes, there will be wings at my Super Bowl spread.
Speaker 1: What do you have a spot? Do you mind plugging like you do? Since he light, I.
Speaker 2: Will probably be getting Eli's barbecue wings. I did that last year for the Super Bowl and they were excellent, so I think that's probably what we're doing good.
Speaker 1: Matt. I am a huge, huge Eli's Wings fan. I think they're among the best. If you can get to the West Side and get to to well to Mike's that's a different story, but I would say Eli's is definitely definitely up there. Definitely up there. Shooters is okay, but I'm an Eli's guy for sure, unless I'm making my own. But you can't get the big wings like you get in a restaurant. That's a hard but all like like pigeon wings. I hate that. I need some meat. I need some meat on I don't have.
Speaker 2: A deep Yeah, I don't have a deep fryer, so I don't make my own. And at Eli's they're not deepried either, but they're really really good. Oh, Tavern's got great ones or town. Look, Tavern's got really good one. So I've got some good offs all right on the east side of town. But I'm leaning Eli's cheese or ranch, oh blue cheese. A boy, God, yeah, this isn't.
Speaker 1: This ain't Cleveland, I insinuating Dan Horde, the voice of the Bengals. Always love chatting with my man. Thanks so much for jumping on this morning, and uh we'll talk again soon.
Speaker 2: Don good thanks for having me on you well.
Speaker 1: Toast and wings sounds like, sounds awful. Actually together, I have the wings. I'll skip the toast. Sloaney Home of the best Bengals coverage, Home of the Super Bowl six thirty. We got the game for you here on seven hundred WW Cincinnati. Now a man who.
Speaker 3: Has entertainment reporting, of course through his veins, which makes him a medical opity.
Speaker 4: He is ABC Will Gangs from New York.
Speaker 1: Will, Good morning, how are your son?
Speaker 3: I am trying to stay warm, as has been the case for I guess a month.
Speaker 1: At this point there's no question we have not It's Johnny Cash. We haven't seen the sun since I don't know when. Here we've got snow that came down this morning, had a couple more inches on the ground. It's like it's like this is like East Coast snow. We have piled up in Cincinnati. Most people are over it. I love a new fall and snow. I don't care how much it's on the ground.
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay, maybe I'll have to look at it through your eyes.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm That's what I'm doing wrong.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, I'm an infant. I love this kind of stuff. Even shoveling. It doesn't bother me. I like to you know, I'll get a little cold when it gets down to the single digital below. That's damn. That's pretty damn cold.
Speaker 4: That's that's tough.
Speaker 3: And you know who, I feel bad for my dog, who's just like, we gotta what do you mean we're going outside again?
Speaker 4: You know, I feel bad for him.
Speaker 1: My dog is so against this. He's because he's like thirty pounds, but like he's just a pen in the grass. You're in the city, so you don't have that problem. But he's got a crap in the road now, and it's like he doesn't. He's embarrassed, he's self conscious. So what happened was I I like, I show him like, okay, so I'm going to the bathroom outside to show the dog it's okay.
Speaker 4: That's commitment. Yeah, you got to respect it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but neighbors aren't too happy about it because you know, they look at what is this and I, you know, the dog's not getting but I got to get the poop bag for both of us now. So anyway, Bad Bunny thumbs up, thumbs down.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, I mean what's exciting about it is like, you know, there is a lot of you know, question marks around what this is.
Speaker 2: Going to be.
Speaker 3: You know, I think when you have you know, uh, like a Katy Perry type, you pretty much know what you're gonna get. But when it comes to bad Bunny, this could go in a lot of different directions. If the Grammys are any indication, you know, he did, you know, use that platform to uh make a few political statements. So you know, I wouldn't be shocked if that happens again on this Sunday. But as far as like guest performers go, somebody asked yesterday, hey, like, are you going to have any special guest performers?
Speaker 4: And he pretty much smirked and said, why are you asking?
Speaker 3: So I think we can expect some surprise performers to join him on stage. But who that might be there's there.
Speaker 4: It could be anybody. You know.
Speaker 3: Just last week he was seeing, you know, pretty chummy chummy with Lady Gaga at the Grammys, so maybe they've been rehearsing together.
Speaker 4: That's why they have this you know, friendship going on.
Speaker 3: Or you know, he's collaborated in the past with Drake, he's collaborated with Cardi B.
Speaker 2: You know, he.
Speaker 4: Performed with Shakira.
Speaker 3: So as to who will pop up with him, that's that's the real question mark, you know, So it'll be it'll be a real uh you know, surprise, I think as to who joins him on stage, But he did also say he was like, you know, you don't have to know Spanish to enjoy the halftime show.
Speaker 4: All you have to do is be ready to dance.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 3: So I think it'll be at least a party in that sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, the controversial because everything's controversial these days. You can't do anything without there being controversy is you know he's taking a stand against Ice because he's Latin, so I you know, I get that whole thing. And the question is, well, why are you having this guy? It's America, We need American urs. No you don't, because, uh, you know, ninety of the top one hundred shows, as Dan Hord pointed out moments ago, our NFL football games, it's truly most of them are all the NFL runs broadcast TV. Basically, you can't get any more fans in America than you have right now unless you are getting the next generation, younger fans, which is why they're doing you know, women's football and flag football are leaning into that whole thing. They're also expanding to different countries. They're in Europe, they're in Latin America. They want to expand Latin America. The best way to do this is take a guy who just want to grammy and has the most downloads ever on Spotify, and you put him in the Super Bowl halftime show, and now those people are going to probably watch kind of like with the reason why they show a lot of Taylor Swifter in case he games because now Swifties are involved in football you're growing your audience. That's how it works. That's what this is about. It's about nothing else. Political statement. He may make them, you may disagree with it, So go watch Kid Rock or the Puppy Bowl.
Speaker 4: That's fine, exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: It's fresh eyes on a sport that you know. Otherwise these people may.
Speaker 4: Not be watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you just say, well, we should only have a American artists, well then how do you grow internationally? Because clearly that's then you should be offended when they play games in Europe or you know, Latin America or wherever else they're gonna wind up space. It's about market share and it's fully saturated. You have to go back to it. Quit watching football. They'll have to do they'll have to work hard to regain American eyeball. So nonetheless, that's how it works. It's all about selling stuff. Okay, so commercial stuff. You got any previews or is that out of your writer?
Speaker 3: I mean there's some stuff that you know as a movie fan, I'm excited for. You know, yourgo's Lanthemost who directed Four Things with Emastone and.
Speaker 4: Directed Bougonia with Emmastone.
Speaker 3: He directed a commercial that she is starring it, So it's gonna be like a mini movie, you know.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: THROUGHOUTE. We've also got Sabrina.
Speaker 3: Carpenter doing something with Pringles. You know, it's the Benson Boone and Ben Stiller commercial for Instacart. You know, it's pretty funny. So yeah, you know, it's it's always a fun, fun opportunity to see these stars do so thing a little less, take themselves less.
Speaker 4: Seriously, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's uh, and then you know the teasers, and this year there's like more super Bowl teasers than anything else because I'll give you a little lead, Like, you know, Dann McBride does something and it's like, Okay, I don't know what this is about. There's an Eli Lilly commercial with a obese man, and I think that's a lead in for what's going to happen on Super bowls. So we got all these teasers to tease these super Bowl ads.
Speaker 4: Right right, It's it's not enough to just have the ad. Now you have like a teaser for the ad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, We've got a trailer for the ad that's coming up during Super Bowl Sunday. That's how it is. And are there only some more of these online? We're starting to see we saw this the last couple of Super Bowls will where it's not even about Super Bowl Sunday. That does put the ad up on social or online and you can see it right now. I don't feel like this year, at least with the hype, it doesn't feel like they're doing that yet. They're more this year.
Speaker 4: I agree with you. Yeah, I think it's you know, they're they're the teaser certainly posted. Yeah, but but.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen any full ads release really on social.
Speaker 1: Too, which I'm glad. I mean, you spend a lot money I like to watch on Super Bowl Sunday. All right, So if you're not, if you're not watching college basketball and tomorrow, let's say, or maybe tomorrow night, you want to watch something, what do you have on streaming?
Speaker 3: Disney Plus, the first episode of The Muppet Show Revival is streaming now. And what I love about this is they didn't try to invent it and make it a twenty twenty sixth version of The Muppet Show. It follows the same formula that the show did in the seventies and eighties. It's Kermit trying to keep the show on the train, on the tracks, you know, it's a variety show that got musical performances and one human guest star, and in this episode it is Sabrina Carpenter. So right now it is just it's just a one episode like special event. But I think that if enough people respond well to it, if it's received well, that it will be green light as a full series.
Speaker 4: But for right now, it's just the one episode. And it's a ton of fun, you know it.
Speaker 3: And I think a lot of people are looking for something little silly, little goofy, little nostalgic right now, and it checks all those bodies.
Speaker 1: They're bringing everything back. Why not that that that should be.
Speaker 4: Easy, right right? And you're only paying one human actor to make the you know, pup teers.
Speaker 1: I make it that much money, right exactly? Yeah, Yeah, I like, I don't know if I if they just went like full AI you know, c G I whatever it is as opposed to the actual muppets, it's even cheaper, but like, I don't know, I like I like felt.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, And and there's something about real felt watching Yeah, Sabrina interact with real felt that you know it just it feels right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: She's rubbing on real felt, not like you know, a digital felt real felt real whool whatever that whatever that stuff's made out of. Anyway, I know there's also something on Peacock that's dropping two and it's a I think a comedy series, is it, you know I'm.
Speaker 4: Talking about it's a dark comedy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So this is Kiky Palmer in the Verbs and it's based on the movie from the eighties of the same name.
Speaker 4: Tom Hanks was in that movie.
Speaker 3: And yeah, so she and her husband moved back to his childhood cul de Sac and there's this creepy house across the street and she keeps thinking she's seeing someone watching her through the windows. And you know, over in the middle of the night, someone buys this creepy house and moves in, and you know, there's a little bit of a murder mystery element to it, but it's also very funny. So all eight episodes of that will drop on Sunday. I watched the first episode and I thought there was a ton of fun and she's fabulous in it, so definitely worth checking out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's watch that. I also have to give you credit. Last week you reviewed Send Help the movie and you said it was great. Yeah, and I went and saw it and it was great. Yay, good job.
Speaker 2: So glad you liked good job? Yeah, yeah we can.
Speaker 1: We talked about last night, like I saw the trailer. I like, it looks pretty good, and you said, yeah, it's actually really really good. It's bloody. It can kind of be sort of silly or funny at times, disarment, but it's a good drama and a little horse. It was like a malgamation of all these different genres of movies, and it was it was cinematic, was well shot, and the best part was I mean, I don't go to a lot of movies, but know I have Like it's Friday night, it's cold, why do we go to Let's go to matinee. So we found this place near us in Lebanon, the Comedy Square, I think it's called. And so, you know, get the tickets online. You can't pick your own seats. I'm like, okay, maybe it's like an older theater. I don't know. Roll in there, dude, check this out. The ticket matine ticket was six dollars. Wow, six bucks, and you know what the full price is? Seven?
Speaker 4: Not Hey, I'll take it. That's a bargain.
Speaker 1: We roll in got, you know, because I don't know what it is about theaters where the small is a quadruple extra large anywhere else in the world drink. So we got like a small drink and a big bag of popcorn. It was like, I think you're on like ten twelve bucks or something like that. So we're are like all in for like thus and twenty bucks.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable this day and age.
Speaker 1: I was an older theater. The seats were of like maybe nineties, you know before they now they's got a massage chair and your feet go up and there's like, you know, your feet can go to bath with goldfish, and there's hot towel, the linen service and everything else, and you're leaning all the way back, happy ending. You get everything watching this movie. This is just like this eats went back a little bit, but they weren't ridiculously wide or leather, and you know, we're two rows of seats. Iile up the middle old school. The screen was about the size of a really really good home theater system. But it was awesome. We were like, we got to go back to this place. They did. It was a great little theater, fantastic, So that was a big surprise. And we've also said like, hey, you know, it's twenty bucks. If the movie sucks, we can walk out. It's only twenty bucks. But it was great, so send help was fantastic, awesome.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: Thanks again, Buddy, I know you got a roll. Will Gamson, New York, stay warm, friend, and any dog in the hut with a Super Bowl w don't you care.
Speaker 4: We'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 3: I'll be watching the halftime shows.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, yeah, gotcha. I know where you're at. Thanks buddy, appreciate it. There you go, Defla put him down. That's why he doesn't do the sports segment here on the show. That's why I have Dan Horde and Austin Elmore on Friday's talking about this stuff. Say he's the movie, guys, what he is? And help? I'm telling you it was a good movie. It's worth even if you pay the twenty bucks or whatever it is. But that place I've been levenon was great, Man six bucks, and I felt really really old because we're like, there were two other people in there and it's like the old people matinee. It's like, okay, I'm leaning into it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: It's great. I didn't even like think about pulling out like a golden Buckeye carter. I get four cents off that it's six dollars. They're not making up some money on that deal. I felt obliged to buy the popcorn. It was damn good popcorn too, I was. I was very very surprised, very pleasantly surprised, and then't good to get things like that where you buy something and ah, so we're doing good, we're doing good. Other end of the spectrum on that. So yesterday I was talking about how Dorothy and Lanemarket dropped food off to us and I love loved out Dorothy Lemery Spist and it's one of those places you go and some of the stuff can be a little more expensive and you go and you're like, man, and then you try. It's like I've never had anything bad there. So yesterday after the show, I roll in and I saw some nice land in the parking lot. She's like slowy, like yeah, she said, you really do go here? Like yeah, I go here, of course I do. So I go in and I'm like I'm just getting I kind of like on the verge of a cold, like it's been four or five days where it's just hanging out, like I got one nostril that's semi full of goo, but everything else is fine. Like I'm not sure if I'm getting it, getting over it and leaning into it. I don't know. So I'm like, I'm gonna make some soup, get a orange. I'm walking by. They've got fresh sweeze orange juice there. Oh nice? I got like, what is a quard half gallon a bucket?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It sound like a big thing of it. My barrel looks pretty good, and so I just grab it, put in my cart whatever, I'll give my credit card what I'm not paying attention. I get home about a few things and I started looking at the bath I'm like, wow, that alls so expensive. I look up and the orange juice is like seventeen dollars, and I went I really got to look at cause that was like seventy Come on. So I'm like, I gotta check the prices better. Michelle gonna yell at me. She found so I threw their seat up. So anyway, I'm like, okay, I'll have a glass orange and shake it up. And it was like drinking nectar out of an Angel's nipple. It was incredible, how good the orange juice was, like, not frozen, not concentrated. You just this image her in the minute. Hit your lips. It's sweet and it's tangy, and it's super bright and fresh, and damn it, it was totally worth it, totally worth. Don't mix it, don't make a my mose out of it. It was just because normally orange juice it tastes orangees. This was incredible, like the best orange juice I've ever had. And I went, damn it, they did it to me again. They win, they always win. It's so good, so good, and hopefully that kicks my cold. In the bottle a bit of vitamin see. I know it's more of livestele again and the itam is already, but just try to hang out, just trying to hang out. So yeah, it was you know what, little indulgences, Little indulgences. That's why I look at it. I went, you know what, I could pay that for a cocktail at the bar. I got a whole thing or fresh orange juice tastes like nipple nectar. Scott's Loan Show seven hundred ww here we go Floaning seven hundred WW News comes your way in about two minutes. Two minutes from now, very let's going on, including the what's going on with the Savannah guthriees vond down A Guthrie still missing now and it's getting to that point now you're like, man, she didn't have her medicine. She's gonna last twenty four hours. You want to hope that the person who is you know, do you just want to say it's still like an inside job, a family member something like that if it were, and hopefully they had the medicine for but man, even the blood outside and everything else, that's not good heading into close to a week at this point right now. So the very latest on that. By the way, there was a talking about it yesterday, there was a ransom note. I think there are a couple, as the story goes, because the one was a fraud in fake. They caught the guy responsible for that, and you know you should go not only to hell, but to prison the rest of your life. You're trying to exploit that situation with that poor family. But I guess maybe the other one is was real because Savannah Guthrie released that video saying hey, you have her or let her know, we need proof she's still live, because you can fake things with AI and all that. So the very latest on this bizarre case involving her, and of course the local ties here to Notre Dame Academy in northern Kentucky, so we'll get an update on that one. We do have snow flying as we speak right now, started a little while ago, and it should continue at least for they think maybe Rought Mount starting to wrap up at this point. I wigh full forecast in just minutes on seven hundred WLW. On the way, we get more Super Bowl discussion. Austin Elmoores here from ESPN fifteen thirty. We'll talk about that. The bizarre story about a skier Olympic skier Apparently there's a scandal brewing at the Olympics right now, and I don't know how to word this for sensitive ears real quick, but apparently it involves male skiers injecting their penises P and I, as it were, with a drug that causes things swell up down there, and somehow this leads to them getting an extra nine feet of distance when they do the long jump. I am making this stuff up. I'm not making this up. It's a true st it feels like the onion, but it really is not the onion. It may be a bloomin onion, but it's not the onion anyway. News on the way and more to follow here it's a Scott's Loan Show, Happy Friday, Super Bowl Sunday. You'll hear it at six thirty right here on the home of the Super Bowl, seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati. Scott Flunk Show on seven hundred WLW. Something like sixteen and a half million eligible veterans are not enrolled in VA benefits nine million R and so my math tells me that's about two thirds of veterans. If you're a veteran, two thirds of you aren't using your VA healthcare benefits they've earned. That's an astonishingly low participation rate for something you have earned. Steve Belsos here as the director of Claremont County Veteran Service Commission, ste welcome, are.
Speaker 5: You say, I'm well, sir?
Speaker 1: You're doing well? Happy New Year? That is that's amazing, because you know, we hear about we talk from time to time when you come in, talk about VA benefits and the like. But two thirds aren't using them. Where are they? Going. Is it just because they have private healthcare? Well potentially. Okay, So you.
Speaker 6: Have a service member that does a short contract of three or four years, they get out, nothing monumental happen health wise on active duty, and they think it's just for those old guys retiring with bumps, bruises, broken legs, what have you, that would use the VA healthcare.
Speaker 5: But that's not the truth.
Speaker 6: When a service member leaving the service with a D two fourteen, or a reservist that has something happen while during training that he has a he or she has a letter of record to the incident, can take that to the VA and enroll in healthcare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so you go and you can roll in healthcare. So you can't have private healthcare and VA and they can compliment each other.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: So matter of fact, I do, I have three. I've retired from active duty, so I have one from the military. I'm uh converensated by the VA with my injuries, so I have full health care through the VA, and by working for the county, the county also covers me with their healthcare as well.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 5: Listen to you, Bragg, I know that you can't believe how confusing is.
Speaker 1: Somebody look at it right, or I can't even get how he's got three?
Speaker 6: But yeah, and the vendors are going, uh, we're not going to apply any of it. You still owe us money.
Speaker 1: So sure, our healthcare system is a mess in America. That's a that's the non VA thing. It's like, what are we doing three again?
Speaker 5: I still get a bill?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's interesting though, too, because you know the idea that that only veterans are injured like yourself or have disability to somehow multiple and that's not true, right.
Speaker 5: No, it's not, no, it's not no.
Speaker 6: What the there's almost a matrix in how that flow chart looks. Right, So, somebody that's compensated by the VA for injuries on active duty that are rated at fifty percent or above, their healthcare is free to the VA. But if you've enrolled in healthcare, and you might be okay, this happened on active duty, but it's really not impacting you, and you're zero percent, you can instill enroll in their healthcare and you would pay a nominal copay as you would with a private party through whatever your employer is okay.
Speaker 1: As part of this too, the historic experience and certainly maybe not from maybe from younger ve's I don't know, but for veterans who have had negative experience stories about the VA from you know, years ago, and it's always hard to those things persist in stereotypes stick around. But how has the VA healthcare change in terms of quality but also accessibility?
Speaker 6: Oh my, you know, I stuttered a little bit because I am so proud of the Cincinnati VA. And again I'm not from the VA, right Claremont County Veterans Service Office, so I'm not from the VA. Don't work for the VA, work for the county. I've been through multiple VA hospitals after retirement of twenty nine years in a Marine Corps, from Georgia to Columbus to now Cincinnati. The Cincinnati VA, in my opinion, is one of the best vas I've ever been in. They're genuine, they're welcoming. But I also think this is why their parking lot is always so full. Great service. Personal friend of mine going through cancer SLOONI not enrolled with VA Healthcare, signed up online.
Speaker 5: They took care of every.
Speaker 6: Issue of his going through his cancer treatment, and he say Steve, I can't get over how genuine, nice and pleasant the people are going through my treatment. They know me by name when I'm coming in. They're ensuring my health as well, he says. I The misnumber of the VAS just slaughtering the wrong leg off, right, Make sure you put a big X, not this leg, the other one or whatever. The service sure we have right, not the Cincinnati VA. Go see them and experience it for yourself before you just take a negative line because everyone else says it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two thirds of eligible veterans do not use VA healthcare. And we're kind of talking about that Steep also this morning with the Claremont County Veteran Service Commission. Well, I think probably another one of the concepts, and I know if I'm talking to you over the past years, is a lot of veterans think that somehow it's a limited quantity, that you're taking away care for someone else who may be suffering and worse shape they are. And how how does that funding work when when veterans enroll, because clearly that's a misconception.
Speaker 6: It is, well, and it is some of the older veterans whose parents or grandparents came through the Depression era where they all straighten out their own nails, and you had a bucket, and you had a victory garden, and you were self reliant and self confident, and you're going to take care of your own family. And so they're hesitant to take from the VA. And then secondly, because there's limited quantities growing up, I don't want to take from someone else who may need them worse than me. But the fact is, the more people that enroll in VA healthcare, such as the Cincinnati VA, the greater their budget's going to be because it's based off in roll these So you can actually help the VA locally by enrolling in VA healthcare. Therefore, as you get your hearing aids, they get a bigger budget line to afford more hearing aids such as an example, to take care of local veterans. So to stay away and not accept it because someone else needs it worse than you. Flip that narrative. The fact that you enrolled and you are receiving care brings a bigger budget line into our VA here in Cincinnati, more staff, and therefore more services can be made available.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, people are still going back to the Great Depression and going.
Speaker 6: Well, am I still dealing with those veterans really really really, I mean we still have some World War II veterans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know we do. So it's like I can't imagine we're still thinking that's the way.
Speaker 5: It's still less non vets who are their parents. That's the way they were read and right, so we change.
Speaker 6: You could have taken me out of the trailer park, but you're not taking a trailer park out of me. So nonetheless, as the grandparents influenced me, my parents influenced me, so do I somewhat think today and challenging that narrative is a struggle. Right, we're doing it one degree at a time. And the veterans are listening to this show and you're not enrolled in VA healthcare, go see it out.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just wondered, like, you know, is there a mustard gas expiry? Went Its like it's like we're living through the Great War again or something here digging trenches.
Speaker 6: And right, yeah, no, it's yeah, it's but again though you don't know what you don't know.
Speaker 5: So that's why we do this show.
Speaker 1: And it persists, and it's like, okay, I got not taking away care from anyone else, And now it's there for me because I earned it, so it's not like it's in limited supply. That makes a lot of sense. You know, when it comes to enrollment and accessibility, you have to go to the VA facilitating in a role.
Speaker 5: No you do not, No, you do not.
Speaker 6: It's in today's technology technological world. We have VA dot gov where you can sign up for healthcare just through their website. You can see any one of your county Veteran Service offices and they will help you enroll in healthcare as well.
Speaker 1: Do you have an issue with people going, hey, look it's been years since I about on the service, so I'm not eligible. Like there's some sort of window I have to enroll right after I am you know, received my discharge papers.
Speaker 6: Actually that's somewhat inverted that most things. Because I just got off active duty, I can't enroll yet.
Speaker 1: Like there's there's a waiting period which is as soon as once you're separated here.
Speaker 6: The next day exactly. So yesterday was my last day of active duty. Today I'm enrolled. I would imagine now in today's world that as they're leaving active duties, that they're already submitting the paperwork, so that there's a seamless transition to move into VA healthcare.
Speaker 1: Seems like they should be part of the separation process.
Speaker 6: All right, it's like scause DoD and VA or separate federal organizations.
Speaker 1: They can't.
Speaker 6: I think they can, but there's never been. You know, we're talking pillars of communication and will you cross talk right? And I think we're getting better at that.
Speaker 1: Okay, once you you do leave military and active duty, in any transition to civilian life, what did vacare? Give me a scope of what it all entails? What are you entitled to?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: What it was it cover?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 6: So one, in a general prospect, I can elect to use the VA as my primary care physician. I've got a DT two fourteen, i was honorably discharged. I can lect to use them as my primary care physician. And I may have zero for compensation and pension because I had no injuries on active duty. I might have had a cold. I can still sign up for the healthcare much like your private industry insurance. I'm going to have a cold pay, but you can still sign up for VA healthcare. Oh cool, all right, I can have multiple health care try care for life. I've does everybody get prescription benefits too. They do so at fifty percent or above compensated by the VA. Your prescriptions and all of your healthcare is free to the VA if you're under that. I would imagine there's a somewhat of a scale of how much you're going to pay for prescriptions and visits.
Speaker 5: But again it's almost like a co pay.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and I started to play. I think most people are like, wow, you know, do one tour, serve for a term and I'm eligible for all this stuff.
Speaker 5: Oh incredible, it is incredible.
Speaker 6: But then with to be able to order your medications online building your presence, you go to VA dot gov, you open up my healthy vet and you reorder your prescriptions and I can get them in the mail for ninety day prescriptions.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And all does is if you're in Claremont County or whatever county it is, go to your Veterans Service Commission, you Stephen, Claremont County. People reach out to you. You help facilitate this whole process. Get him signed up, getting ready to go.
Speaker 5: That's right, easolutely, yeah, really easy.
Speaker 6: But there is some there's some unknowns that can somewhat hurt the veteran.
Speaker 5: We've been on Sony.
Speaker 6: We talked maybe last year about suicide prevention, right, right, and so the VA will support if you were having issues and the veteran goes to any hospital, the VA says we will cover that because that was a mental issue. You have to apply that. You have to call the customer care line within seventy two hours to notify the VA. If you don't, potentially you're covering some of that bill.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 6: So ensure you're getting the card about the number to call, your spouse or your family knows about it. That if I even taken by ambulance and they take me to Mercy Health christ Hospital somewhere here local, that they call that number within seventy two hours to notify the VA. It doesn't mean they're going to drag you downtown to the VA. Yeah, especially if you're in the ICU. They're not going to drag you anywhere. But that helps start the process to where you're not incurring some of that billing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I wouldn't you know, freak out because you need emergency treat and now you go to a trauma center. It doesn't matter if you're a plan or not. But that's going to be taken care of. Just give you know, seventy two hours reasonable period to let a loved one or you know, your nurse someone know that. That's the case.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, but it's an unknown, yeah, and it's one of those we try to teach as much as we can. They actually have cards down at the VA, So if you're downtown Cincinnati, try to find one of them, put it in your wallet and let your spouse know it's there.
Speaker 5: Put it with an ID. Actually, I wish they had bracelets that they would have to put.
Speaker 1: In your ice contact on your phone, you know, have emergency right, absolutely, yeah, and then they will know that. So the takeaway here, if there's one thing you want a veteran to know who's not enrolled, what would that be? Enroll? Enroll We that's easy.
Speaker 6: Roll right, It's got to start somewhere. What's the foundation you have to enroll? And by enrolling, you're actually benefiting the VA with a budget that they can sustain the local community of veterans who need service. You're actually helping those on your left and right, whether you need to use them or not.
Speaker 1: And an easy part of making it something easy even easier is if you're frustrated by the process. Confused where to start, Call you guys, get ahold of you guys. You'll you'll hold their hand and take them through right, absolutely, okay. Number there at the Clairemont County Service Vet and Service Commission is Clemont.
Speaker 6: County Veterans dot Com five one three seven three two seven three six three.
Speaker 1: Of course, if you're not in Clermont, Connie, there's a b SC in every county in Ohio. In Ohio, Steve all the best, buddy, Thanks for coming in this morning for sciate it take well, that's it. It's over on Sunday. Course, Super Bowl sixty is coming up. We'll talk to Austin Elmore about the last football game of the season. Can't wait for it same time, can't wait for next year to start. The Bengals can get retooled in the offseason. We shall see. We also talk about with Super Bowl preview. Austin Elmore from ESPN fifteen thirty jumps in as we roll on this Friday morning with snow falling down snow, we got snow baby, seven hundred wlwts sloding here the seven hundred wlw Welcome to it. Uh news on to wait in about three minutes and it's really starting to pile up out there right now. And you know, they said maybe one to three inches, and now it's looking like more two to four. And and I just talked to Tom Brenneman. I called. He said, hey, let people know he's driving up to do a game. And he's was driving a little bit through Clinton County. So once you get up to Clinton County, it is literally whiteout conditions. We're kind of getting that down here in Kenwood, depending where you are, but white condition. You can't see the lines in the road city I know, oh, outside plant and it doesn't look like they touched it at all, and they may have. It's just coming down a lot but a lot of semis off the side of the road and turned over. So it is definitely a white knuckle thirty five mile in our experience if you're on seventy one. So if you don't need to go to or come back down, you know, come from Columbus, you want to avoid that for the next few hours. They're saying, you know, it looks like I'm just looking at the radar now that the snows can be around for at least another hour. I think too. And it's coming down pretty good right now. I know seventy four on the west side, traffic's all back that it's backing up all over the place. So this is kind of, I wouldn't say caught with our pants down situation, but getting a little bit more heavier in a little bit more accumulation than initially predicted. So if you don't have to go out, it's one of those deals where well, don't go out if you're stuck there, it's too late for you. I'm sorry. If you are stuck there, We'll hang on. We've got Austin Elmore from ESPN fifteen thirty coming out in just a couple of minutes on the show. Talk about Super Bowl sixty. You've got the Seahawks, you got the Patriots. It feels like to me like the New England Patriots with Drake May that this team feels like the Bengals when they went to the Super Bowl against because you know, the losing seasons back to back and all of a sudden, out of nowhere, boom, they become the darling in the NFL. Felt like that was the Bengals during that Super Bowl run, just kind of flying under the radar for a long time. So yeah, I think I still think Seattle wins. I know about you, but I'm just there for the football, baby. One more football game and then it is over. Then we can start talking about the Bengals rebuild, retool and get ready for OTAs and of course spring and leading to eventually training camp. But we've got Reds baseball too, so we're kind of hind the Reds right now too, with now adding a little bit more firepar spending more money than initially thought. So looked like maybe Phil Castelini getting booed might have paid some dividends when he got poot where it's Sinta Center that they go out and they get a back and bringing a guy back that Cincinnati's no one loves. So it feels good. It feels good. So we got that in a way. Anyway, we got a news update, as I said, and Austin returns in just minutes. We'll also get the very latest on the other big story today, and that involves Savannah Guthrie's mom and what the latest is on this really weird situation. Now you're heading what day six, and you want to pray that she's alive and well wherever she is, hopefully, because she needed that medication for the first twenty four at least twenty fours after and I don't know, hopefully that people have access to the medication she needs if indeed she's being held hostage, and you hope that she is still alive. So we'll get an update on all that in just minutes. Here it's a Scott's Loan show Friday morning, seven hundred WLWD Cincinnati super Bowl Sunday is here, and then we have that lull pictures and catchers report. There's NBA action getting out the wire, NHL if you're into that like me, sick for the puck, and of course college basketball with Miami still being undefeated. Austin almore on that and more on seven hundred. He jumps in from ESPN fifteen thirty does a show with Tony Pike at noon over there. Check that out. It's always a good time, always a good time. Hi, Hello, Scott, how are you You're good?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Right?
Speaker 1: This snowy weather, I love it. I love the snow, me too. It's also nasty on the roads right now. Yeah, parking lot everywhere.
Speaker 7: There's some big thick flakes coming down at the like thick.
Speaker 1: Is this a clipper? Are they.
Speaker 7: Clipper down just a little bit and then pops right? That's like two or three hours and a bunch of it's a clipper. Okay, all right, not a squall, it's a clipper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's jump into the big stories today. Obviously super Bowl sixty. We'll touch on that in a second. What about the skier injecting penises with a drug? Did you hear this latest Olympic moment?
Speaker 7: I have maybe failed the audience here because I've seen the headline, but I have not cared to read the story.
Speaker 1: I read this story. Okay, explain this to me. So these are the long jumpers. They go off that rample of sports. That's amazing, right, Like I never try it, yeah, but I get it. So right before they compete, they get fitted for their uniforms and they are I guess custom made. I don't know how this works with the fitting and everything else. So apparently they figured out, like that velocity in that height in what you're doing. Apparently any aerodynamic advantage can literally result in metaling or not sure. So what the male figured out the men is, if you inject your penis with this drug, to make things bigger down there, you get fitted for your your suit, you're it all goes back to normal at some point, and now you've got a little extra fabric down there. Apparently that is translated. The extra two inches of fabric is translating to an additional nine feet in distance. How does that work? Well, it's so women don't have and so what happens is wouldn't you want less fabric?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: So think about it. Have you seen like the paragliders where there are a skydiver and they've got like a batsuit almost with a hand.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what this does, except for your crotch. I see, so it catches a little more air, correct, I see?
Speaker 1: Okay? Interesting? How much do you care about your If you could get a I don't know, an extra half a ratings point, would you injectors? I'm trying to think of something that Austin would do. Would you if you could bowl? I don't know, what's your sport? I I, uh, nothing, I was going to say, I don't talking about sports. Sport? You get an extra I don't know, a couple of miles out of your tongue corn Like, Wait, they're doing what?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's what they're doing. I don't know what women would do. Maybe I don't know that. Yeah, I don't know that they're little extra padded brow Maybe when you get didn't does that work? I don't know. I feel like there needs to be a gap in which I don't know. Okay, I don't know the Olympians to figure something that going. Hey, if I like you're gonna do what, that's fascinating. That's fascinating to me.
Speaker 7: I mean, it has to make it really big to get an extra two inches of fabric, Like, there has to be an excessive amount of extra size added by whatever they are injected. Correct, So how did they figure this out? What did the artist such a thing? It's like the first guy to do this. Did the people fitting the suit say, hey, uh, everybody's got all of a sudden right bigger package.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Interesting, it's it's any of the competitive edges are fascinating.
Speaker 7: I don't know that I would ever inject anything down there for a competitive I don't think I would do at all.
Speaker 1: Any other end up competitive vantage. Lindsey Van is superhuman like man. She blows her acel out for the three hundredth time they show a video of her training, it's like doing squat chumps and stuff like that with weights, Like, how does she not feel pain? I don't get. She's incredible, first of all, she's tough as nails.
Speaker 7: Second of all, I do think you know that the biggest part with acls and lcls from people that have injured them in the past and gone through maybe not necessarily people who are athletes, is the day to day life is not that hard. It's the cutting and the turning that makes it difficult. And I the more I think about it, with a brace, with some tourtol or a painkiller or whatever you're allowed to take for a minute and forty second race, maybe there's a way for her to do this without it really affecting her. She's practicing, she'd going through trial runs right now. She's posted about it. I've followed Lindsay Van on Instagram for a long time.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 7: Her training regimen is unlike anything I've ever seen. That is one of the truly greatest athletes I've ever Seenie.
Speaker 1: I give her a lot of credit.
Speaker 7: Now, she's got a lot of money at stake if she were to miss it, and so I'm sure that plays a role in this as well. But also, man, I hope she goes out there and finds it. She was not a favorite to win this. I know she's always kind of been an underdog. It would be a great story and it gets hurt. It's crazy. She's been like evil. Caniebels love surgeries. Her and Tiger Woods really were made for each other. They really were.
Speaker 1: All right, let's jump into the big story this weekend. That's U see basketballs. Is wes Miller still crying? That's a good I don't know, is hesh I like wes Miller, but dude, it's time to go. You're not the only UC.
Speaker 7: The Bearcats need to look at it and say, Okay, we can't keep doing this. Wes Miller needs to look at it and say, I'm making a fool out of myself. I know there's a buy out here. Maybe they can split the gap. Maybe the agent gets involved and say, listen, my client is doing irreparable damage to his reputation currently and in the future. Now you need to insert some juice into the program and into the fan base. You need some help. Let's just do the right thing here, split the gap and go our separate way.
Speaker 1: Yes, because because you see the trajector of the Patino on the you know, a cross down cheetah, that there's energy, that's he's going to move that program for correct Yeah, and you don't have that year.
Speaker 7: And you've been way longer here at U see the same stuff is the issue. They can't score points. Wes Miller is broken, and he was a broken man last night on these airwaves, and he was a broken man last night in the tunnel talking to those fans in that video. It's sad, it really is, and I think it's just best for everybody to move on.
Speaker 1: Well, you know that's the EJA exactly. But again, Cincinnati, Now, I would say if if he just picked the wrong sport, if he were running our football program at the Bengals, he'd he'd be fine. Like Zach Taylor did. Never get rid of this guy anyway, I don't think that's true. I think it's true. Wes Miller has not been successful at anything. I know Zach Taylor at least has. It feels bengalish, it really does. I don't. I don't agree with that. Wes Miller has sucked. He hasn't done done anything. So they played the same thing, the same game for five years. We just can plays. There's no postseason, so advancement or what's driving as the boosters, right, yeah, and they're not happy. Yeah, well it's clearly not happy enough because they have I think the ultimate issues further up you go up the food chain is nobody at that nobody that's a Bearcat fan trust John Cunning him to make the right decision. To keep in mind, this is the guy who passed on Kurt Signetti and chose Scott Saderfield instead. So I just disagree with the Bengal thing. I don't think that's necessarily true. Let me pivot to U NFL football. We got Super Bowl Sunday, number sixty, I believe if you're counting, and of course it's the Patriots and the Seahawks and setting up for I just I don't know what which quarterback I trust more at this point, Like Sam Darnald couldn't figure out the second half and he did against the Rams, and then May is like just his stats for the postseason aren't very good, but they keep winning, So I ca, Yeah, I don't know which quarterback guy like more.
Speaker 7: It feels like if yeah, it feels like with Sam Darnold, you're just kind of waiting for that moment for him to like urinate down his leg.
Speaker 1: We've seen it over the course of his career.
Speaker 7: We saw it in the playoffs last year with Minnesota, and you're just kind of waiting for like, Okay, is this moment going to be too big for him? Is this all going to come in and crash and burn like we've seen with Sam Darnald in the past, and with Drake may you're like, Wow, this dude's only in his second year. He's turned the ball over a lot in the postseas, He's going up against an elite defense. Who do I really trust more? I think that's fair for me right now. I trust Sam Darnald Moore just because I think the Seahawks defense is going to create a lot of problems for Drake Mayo.
Speaker 2: Froun.
Speaker 1: He showed out in that last game that where he figured out in the second half and it was like, looked like the guy he was leading the team right. Sure, and Drake may at times looks like he's paralyzed. But you know, second year and some people are like, well, we'll see easy schedule. I get that that's fair kind of like with the exactly life Tom Dan Horris like feels exactly what the Bengals did against the Rams in Super Bowl, right, It's like they kind of came out of nowhere losing losing those off of a sudden boom, they surprise everybody in the league by making this great Super Bowl run and we're literally a blank away, a blank away from winning it all. It feels New England's doing that right now. Yeah, to an extent. I mean, Mike Rabel was a great coach.
Speaker 7: I think a lot of people thought they would have success sooner rather than later, especially when you consider the amount of money that they spent in free agency to rebuild the team, rebuild the coaching staff, brought back Josh McDaniels after what Drake May did last year.
Speaker 1: I think people were really high on him. So, yeah, there's a little bit of that, but I don't know that I would say I'm too surprised. Yeah, so we'll see what happens. I think upfront, obviously, in the trenches, if you look at you know, the Patriots got a rookie of their tackle that they got banged up, and you know, you look at Seattle and just when they've done their defense, man, they just roll at you in waves. I like watch the Patriots a lot this year because the AFC, especially being the easton stuff. I just I don't know how they can compete with him on defensively. Offensively, yeah, I mean Seattle's defense. I think dankl is the best in the National Football League. And what's especially interesting about them and why I think it'll be hard on Drake May is their propensity to blitz with the secondary. There's a young safety, a rookie safety by the name of nick Emon Warri. Now he injured his ankle earlier in practice, but he says he's gonna be good to go. He's got three sacks this year. As a whole, Seahawks defensive backs have six and a half or seven sacks this year. Ye, So that tells you they're not afraid to blitz defensive backs. They're not afraid to bring guys up at the line of scrimmage. That affects your protections, that affects your play calls, that affects what you do on a down and distance, like all sorts of trickle down effects. And then okay, we're gonna show eight guys at the line of scrimmage. We're gonna drop all light of them. We're gonna send all eight of them. You never know exactly what's gonna happen. I do think that there is a bit of an advantage for the Patriots because of Josh McDaniels and his experience in these situations. I mean, Josh has been to a lot of Super Bowls.
Speaker 7: He's had you know, Tom Brady there, and he's been with Mike Vrabel and like, this is nothing new to him. And I think he does a really good job of coaching Drake may through here's your answer for this, here's your answer for that, Here's what this motion's gonna tell you, this is what this formation is gonna show you, and giving him some of the answers to settle his brain a little bit of the line scrimmage. I think that'll be a fun chess match. But I still give the advantage to Seattle. Well, you can see they've been blitzing a lot in the playoffs too. Well, see if they can handle that, don't I don't think.
Speaker 1: I think by the third quarter, you know, when it starts to wear down, I think you're going to see them going and you know, now make and scramble. It's with the best of them, for sure, but you can't continue that and be successful in this game.
Speaker 7: I've heard a lot of talk this week about the ability for Drake May to run the football being the most important part of this game for the Patriots to win, and that's true. And if you think back to what I just said about those guys, if Drake May running the ball becomes an issue, well then if you're Seattle all of a sudden, that's one less guy that can blitz. That's one less guy that can rush the passer. That's one less guy that's back in pass coverage. If you have to put a spy on Drake May to try to contain him, and that can open some things up for the New England offense. So what I'm curious to know is early in the game, do the Patriots come up with some calls where they know Drake May's gonna tuck it and run just to make Seattle respect it, to make Seattle think about it sure, and to maybe influence their decision making. And that could be something that plays.
Speaker 1: A role later in the game. The Chestaman the number one run defense, Number four pass so you know they're solid up and down when it comes to their defense, How do they play? How the pets do you utilize Christian Gonzales. I mean, it's.
Speaker 7: Interesting because you've got Jackson Smith and Jigba, who just won Offensive Player of the Year last night. They made the mid season trade for Rashid Shaheed, who's been just a playmaker and explosive in that offense. You still have Cooper Cupp who is a very good receiver, Jake Bobo, who I think is a fun prop bet to score big play Bobo Christian Christian Gonzales is probably I would assume, going to follow Jackson Smith and jig But everywhere he goes and here's what's been great about Seattle, They've moved him around. He's been in the backfield for almost seven percent of his snaps in the postseason. That's a lot for a wide receiver. And he's caught a lot of passes on those snaps in which he's been in the backfield, including a touchdown in the NFC Championship game. So when you you have these base rules and assignments for everybody on defense, and it can really get thrown into a tizzy when the best player on the field is in the backfield in Jackson Smith and Jigba. I would assume Christian Gonzalez is going to follow him around and try to neutralize him the best he can.
Speaker 1: Spreads four and a half. Do you feel that about right?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Seattle's I think Seattle's gonna win by ten plus. Yeah. Yeah, I think they easily covered this quite honestly, I think that's I think that's underestimating. And I really really do forty I was a forty five. The uh you know, I don't. I don't know the over under. I've not looked at then. I'd look at it. I thought I've read that earlier. Today it's like the lowest it's been since, lowest points since and maybe in ten years.
Speaker 7: I think it'll be a slow start. I think it'll be like kind of a slow, boring first quarter. We'll pick it up in that middle eight, the four minutes going into halftime, the four minutes coming out of halftime, and then it'll be up to the defenses at the end of the game. But I think I think Seattle is just like a Boa constrictor, like once they take some points on the and maybe they get you from behind, it can really be difficult if.
Speaker 1: They're forty five and a half, by the way told us, Yeah, I mean if they're they're behind, or they're ahead by a couple of scores. I think they just go into that really conservative, Like you said, just protect the ball, protect a score, because it's gonna be tougher in O England to score for I'm going to make a mistake, which Drake may might. Yeah, the quarterback balls Sam Donald and Drake may though, to see which guy blinks. Somebody's gonna blink. I would think at this point, right, I feel better about Sam Darnold than I do Drake made being the guy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm right there with you. It was just the experience and the better defense. Now, I do think, and I've said, the coaching staff and the experience that those guys in New England have of just this is nothing new to them, I think can create a sense of calm for the rest of those players. But you know, if you never played in the Super Bowl before, you're sitting there looking around saying, holy crap, this is the super Bowl. That's gonna have an effect on human about that. So yeah, but all those young players on that New England team.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and ius some of us talking head the other I forget it was about the uh yeah, well New England's been there so many times. It's like, yeah, the guy's the coach, the guy's playing it.
Speaker 7: It's like, yeah, that was. It doesn't matter, That's what I'm saying. Like everybody there is different. You know, Mike Vrabel can become the first coach ever to start a Super Bowl and win, and be the head coach of a Super Bowl and win for the same franchise. That's what I'm saying him, Josh McDaniel, some of those other guys that can be there to just kind of settle the nerves and get these guys through Super Bowl Week and into the game, I think can be important. And by the way, Sam Darnold was a backup to Rock Perty in the Super Bowl just a couple of years ago at the San Francisco forty nine ers, and he talked about that a little bit this week, of just like being able to tell guys what to expect even though he didn't play in the game, all the stuff that happens throughout the week and what to expect. I think that's that stuff is important for these abnormal weeks.
Speaker 1: Six point thirty is a kickoff. Will have it for you here on seven hundred w ALW. Also, where are you on Bad Bunny? Do you care?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't really care. I think he makes some like fun music that is like when you're at the gym or if you're going on a run, like it keeps you moving.
Speaker 1: Personally. I don't speak Spanish, so I don't really know what he's saying. Uh Spanish.
Speaker 7: I don't listen to a lot of his his music. But I don't think it's like necessarily bad. No, I just think I think he will put on a really good show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know how big the outcry if it's just people being extremely loud about how angry they are about this and why it's an issue, because you know, as I've said all day, you know you're trying to peel to a different audience. It's you can't get more people in America to watch football. Y're watching it. It's completely and utterly saturated. Other than you go after young people, which they do with flag football and women's sports and things like that, breaking out us like Bad Bunny. But the expansion is to Latin America. You got Europe, you got Latin America. And you know you have a guy who just won Best Element Grammys. Yeah, one of the most downloaded guy on on on streaming. And though that makes sense with the NFL, if you want to expand that brand, that's what's about. Is about increasing market share. You're going to do that in America by having you know, Aerosmith on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think just because you may not know who somebody is doesn't mean that they make bad music.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's political statements he's made against the Ice. But I get I get that. Becaueah, It's like, I don't really care.
Speaker 7: It's fine that there have been a lot of artists that have made political statements over the years.
Speaker 1: It's pretty common. I mean, Bruce Springsteen just released a new song like it's how kid Rock is somebody who's made a lot of political statements in the bad Yeah, Like it's it's not abnormal, it's it's pretty common. But opportunities to do that all the time. You don't go watch the kid rock thing or watch the puppy bawl. Yeah that's the other thing. That's the other thing.
Speaker 7: I don't know if people realize this, but the Super Bowl halftime, you don't have to watch it, correct, Like, if you're not interested in Bad Bunny, think about this. You get an extended halftime. You can go digest everything that happened in the first half in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: I don't yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: You can go refill your snacks, you can go get an extra beer, you can go do whatever it is you need to do. Maybe get a little work done on Monday, so you go in late and sleep and you do it.
Speaker 1: You got the extra time. You don't have to watch, right, I used to have. You know, Okay, I don't like Okay this song is said. Okay, that's when I go bow out, get another plate full of drink, go to the bathroom. Yeah, that's what. That's what.
Speaker 7: It is, not a prerequisite to watching the game to have to watch the halftime show. But everyone people love to complain. That's what it is. Everywe so polarized. People just will be pissed off for no reason whatsoever. It's like, you know, don't watch it, and just a reminder. And this goes beyond bad Bunny. Just because you don't know who someone is, doesn't mean that they make bad music.
Speaker 1: Downloaded artists.
Speaker 7: So clearly people in and around this radio station who don't know and have never heard of the most popular artists in America, so they assume that their music is bad.
Speaker 1: No, but he probably qualifies today with Tony. You're talking about t Pike. Tony Pike today at noon on ESPN fifteen thirty and one of those two guys anyway, Yeah, I don't I know, like one of the songs, but like, I don't really care. Yeah, No one's forcing you to care. I don't care.
Speaker 7: I also don't care about Bad Bunny's political beliefs. I don't just like I don't care about Scott Sloan's political wife. I don't care about Dave Keaton's political beliefs do. I just don't care? You know what I care about? Hitting the News seven hundred.
Speaker 1: WLW Friday Morning, Scott's Loan Show, seven hundred WLW. New polling coming out showing you about two thirds of Americans think that Congress did the wrong thing by not extending the Obama Care subsidies at the end of the year last year. And so to counter that, President Trump is rolling out his Trump Our ex website At the same time, Congress is still hammering out trying to figure out what the rest of their health healthcare plan will look like, if at all, and if it solves the problems, because it's got to be better than the Affordable Care Act otherwise, what's the point of this whole thing. Joining the show is Dean Clancy of Americans for Prosperity and let's get a lay of the land and rehash what the Republicans are talking about where things stand right now. Dean, welcome back. How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great? Thanks.
Speaker 1: We can all agree that our healthcare system sucks. I believe when you put it in this you put it to me, the end product is it's just it's simply not good. And we've talked about this in the past. And you know, the idea that subsidies are a great alternative, I think it's more of a band aid patch. Why can't moderates get this done? And what's the resistance from the other side of the party here.
Speaker 8: Well, this whole issue of the expiring extra Obamacare or subsidies, which has been you know, at the top of the news now for months, has been driven by Democrats and the press and looks on the left who smell an opportunity to put Republicans on the defensive and twenty twenty and basically blame the high cost of healthcare on the GOP, which is a pretty amazing thing to try to do, since the high cost is really due to Obama Care, which is a completely Democratic Party creation. Modern Republicans who wanted to extend the subsidies.
Speaker 2: Were never able to.
Speaker 8: Solve some of the very simple practical problems, like how do you extend the subsidies without extending all the fraud and waste, the fake Social Security numbers, the phantom and rollees, and all the problems that the extra subsidies fueled. I think they realized they needed to do something, and they put some token reforms in. They also never dealt with the fact that the pro life community has said, well, any extension has to add protections so that there's no taxpayer funding of abortion in this plan. Republicans basically just ignored that, which that makes the bill a non starter in Congress with all the pro life members. And then you have a Speaker Johnson saying sure, I'll let the House vote on an extension, but you do need to pay for it, you need to offset the cost, and moderate Republicans said, no, no, no, no, we just want to extend the subsidies. We don't want to pay for it. We'll Uncle Sam's credit card. So they weren't serious in a sense. They were played by the Democrats who have disingenuously pretended that they want to continue the subsidies and prevent what they describe. I think they exaggerate as some kind of premium.
Speaker 2: Increase of pos. They want an issue.
Speaker 8: They want to blame the failures of Obamacare on the Republican.
Speaker 1: Party and on that, and we've talked about this in the past. The fact of matter is you're just you know, it's a subsidy, fast is what it is. And if you subsidize anything, you're just covering up the true cost. You're giving people a coupon a voucher basically, which ingratiates them with government and elected officials. Obviously, so politicians on the left get reelect and elected for that. But it doesn't solve the main issue, which is why is healthcare so afford unaffordable in the first place for most people? And that number is growing now. I did see some surveys it said if you have private health care insurance, which is the bulk of America. You seem to be pretty happy with that. But the problem there and then lies is the diminishing number of companies offering healthcare. I mean, at some point the scale's going to tip the other way.
Speaker 8: What then, Well, you're absolutely right about that. The number of companies employers offering healthcare has been shrinking under Obamacare. It's been very gradual, more so recently. And actually the Paragon Health Institute put out a paper recently where they noted that if the subsidies are extended, the extra COVID era money, it will actually accenterate the decline in small businesses offering insurance to their employees. Small businesses are really really hurt.
Speaker 2: By the high cost of healthcare.
Speaker 8: They find it hard to offer, you know, coverage to their employees. And and you know, Obamacare has become so much more generous than the federal subsidy for workplace coverage that it's like the employee for these employers, that's it's a real easy call. They'll just stop offering health address to their employees right.
Speaker 1: Right, which undermines the whole system. Like Obamacare is like the idea was, Hey, we get enough young people to pay for the older people who use care more then that that's fine, But so many young people because of because the economy, look at it, go, well, you know what, I'm perfectly healthy. I'm not going to subscribe to this. I'm not going to pay into a system that I may not have to take benefits out for some time if ever. That's all well and good, but it doesn't keep the system afloat. And so it's a Ponzi scheme, is what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 8: For Democrats, it's all about the ultimate goal of putting the government completely in charge of our healthcare. And you know, so they they like to cause crises and then exploit the crises, and in some ways that's what they're doing now. Now on the you know, on the bright side, the Republicans, in addition to not buckling to call this pressure to in a sense, bail out Obamacare and continue masking its failures, the Democrats plan does not reduce health insurance premiums by a penny. Expanding Obamacare, bailing it out, does not reduce the cost of healthcare, just masks it. And you know, there's some good stuff in the Republican build things like association health plans, which you know, enable small businesses to group together so they can get large group discount rates, and that should lower premiums for those businesses by like thirty percent for their employees. There's also a provision in the bill that would end some of the inflationary waste in the Obamacare system where the insurers are basically incentivized to bloat their premiums at taxpayer expense, and that would not only save thirty billion dollars over ten years, but it would reduce Obamacare premiums generally by eleven percent. Again, the Democrat plan doesn't help those people at all, except with massive taxpayer.
Speaker 9: Thing.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, do you know, I just saw new study numbers here, poll numbers, and they've been pretty consistent that independence especially factor into this as well. But something right around sixty percent, So six out of ten people who are on the ACA think it works fine, that they actually like the Obamacare and their healthcare. And overall, two thirds of Americans believe Congress did the wrong thing by founding to extend the Obama subsidies.
Speaker 8: Well, it's true that look in any health insurance subsidy scheme. Most people are probably going to like it because most people are healthy most of the time. They don't actually have to use the insurance. If it's a bad system like one of these socialized medicine systems in Britain and Canada and so on, most people say it's great because they never have to interact with it. It's only when they do that they begin to see the serious claws of government run healthcare. But you know you mentioned sixty percent. I'll give you a statistics. Sixty percent of the people who are on Obamacare, now we'll be able to find a plan that costs them less than fifty dollars a month, less than two dollars a day. And yet we're told this is a premium apocalypse. I think we're going to find that the reports of you know, the tsunami, the apocalypse were greatly exaggerated.
Speaker 2: Probably hopefully, Probably that will.
Speaker 8: Encourage Republicans to keep trying to reform healthcare and health savings accounts. In fact, we got fifty one Senators to vote to let people who are on Obamacare take part of their subsidy as a deposit to a health savings account, so instead of that money going to an insurer, it's going to use the patient and you can decide what care and doctors you want to buy without insurance company meddling. That's the future of American healthcare in our view, with Americans for Prosperity fund patients not insures.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's deemed clancy at Americans for Prosperity just getting to check up on our healthcare system or deeply broken healthcare system two thirds of American things. Congress did the wrong thing by failing to extend the Obamacare subsidies, and that is just a coupon. I will point out that Trump's the Trump Our ex Plan is just like good our X. It's a coupon, is what it is. Doesn't really solve the Affordability Act itself. And I get it. You know, you give people money. Technically it should drive down costs because of you know, better competitional Like one of the things in there though, is you know, the fundy cost share reductions and price transparency. But Trump issued an executive order and price transparency what back in twenty ninety so six years ago, and those are posting prices, but we're not seeing meaningful cost reduction. So if history is a indicator of future behavior. Is this really gonna matter, Dean.
Speaker 8: Well, we absolutely need price transparency, especially if we don't.
Speaker 1: But they're not doing it. That's the price, even with one's order.
Speaker 8: No, that's right, they're actually you said they're complying, but really they're they're not. They're they're putting out garbled information, they're hiding it on their websites. They're making it so you can't compare.
Speaker 2: With their competitors.
Speaker 8: The Trump's hospital price transparency mandate really has not worked. And this confirmed something that we had afp of long belief, which is you don't get price transparency through government mandates. You get it from markets, and markets happen when the consumer controls the dollars, just like in the gas station or the transparent prices there. Why, because everybody's walking in caring cash, they demand to see the prices. That's how you'll get it in healthcare too, And that's why we want everyone to have a health savings account and to be able to have insurance free options or options that are supplemental to insurance where you don't have some third party paying the bill.
Speaker 2: You pay the bill.
Speaker 8: And when that happens, prices become transparent, naturally.
Speaker 1: Right, But still the problem, of course is health care affordability. This may drive some of the costs down. I mean, we just talked about Trump's order price transparency, which is not working. I'll hold my breath and see if this plan actually lowers prices. In theory it may. But what do you tell someone who's losing or lost their health care because the funding has expired. I get why subsidies exist, and I hate them as much as you do. But for someone who otherwise can't afford health insurance and you look at it, going, well, they're going to take this away from me, where do you go? What do you do? It's not about giving you your dollars back in a life because so many people are making choice these days and going I just simply can't afford healthcare, or you're younger, which is the big problem with Obamacare, and I'm not going to pay into the system at all. If I get really, really sick, I'll go to the hospital and I have to treat me. They have no choice. I think a lot of people are seeing that as the nuclear option, so to speak. Doesn't that undermine the whole system?
Speaker 2: It does?
Speaker 8: And you've put your finger on the real question, which is healthcare affordability. The folks who are going to be receiving smaller.
Speaker 2: Subsidies, by the way, it's still going to be very generous.
Speaker 8: Obamacare is still going to cover like eighty percent of the cost of your health insurance policy, which is a pretty nice deal. But for those who are negatively affected, some of you know, they have options. For example, some can just switch to a less costly insurance plan. You know, you have a menu of plans you can choose from. Maybe you downgrade from with a called silver to bronze, and so you still have insurance, but it costs you less. Number of the people that are affected actually have access to workplace insurance, either directly or through a spouse. And there are even some who are eligible and sometimes even enrolled on Medicaid, the program for low income of folks. That's not technically not lawful. You're not supposed to be on both Obamacare and Medicaid simultaneously, but it turns out there are millions of people who are because the government does not police it well. The real hard cases are going to be the folks who make more than about for an individual, about sixty thousand dollars a year. That's the anecdotes you're going to see in the headlines because some of them are going to see a really big increase in out of pocket why because they're going to lose their subsidy altogether. These are folks that Democrats, you know, four years ago, thought shouldn't get any subsidy at all. But they're going to be the sob stories. But those people represent just one half of one percent of the US population. I do think they are going to need some kind of help, But expanding Obamacare is not.
Speaker 2: The way to do it.
Speaker 8: Better to do the things like Republicans are proposing to bring actually bring down the price of health insurance for everybody, not just the seven percent of Americans who are on Obamacare, but for the ninety three percent as well.
Speaker 2: Who are not on Obamacare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I put it in context too. You did have everyone run around their hair and fire streaming that the world's going to end, And here we are, well over a month in a new year. We're not hearing a lot of that anyway. Doesn't take it with a sting of this, But you know, it's just more subsidy. And I look at and we'll find out what the details of this are today, by the way, and President Trump rolling out the Trump our ex website, which to me looks like good our X, which is can get for free anyway. I don't know if the savings are better than what's available now if you ask for the discount, but I'm seeing some prices that look jaw droppingly good. I don't know if that's I don't know if it's the same plan or not. We'll find out. But if it's more subsidy, it's just more the same thing, I guess. Anyway, he is Dean Clancy, and Dean, we'll have you back on soon to rehash as progress or regress is made in fixing or breaking more healthcare system. All the best.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was a pleasure, Thanks teen.
Speaker 1: We'll get a news update here minutes away on seven hundred WW. Obviously, another breath of mother winter blowing in our face once again. And it's it's not that good like ooh, that smells like roses and unicorn farts. No, it smells like somebody smoked a cigar in ate four cloves of garlic. That's what this winter weather. That's what her breath smells like this time here wait, what is he saying? I don't know either. It just comes out. It just comes out verbal diarrhea. So yeah, we got news. And on this Friday morning, when we continue on seven hundred WLW, it's Ali Martin the Local Loop. Yes, the weekend is here, the winter, the blast of garlic breath is only for a couple hours. Here we're wrapping it up just about anyway, if not already in some most areas as it moves out, dealing with the aftermath. That means we're all clear. And as a matter of fact, this time next week we're looking at damn near fifty degrees, which is incredible, right, So gonna get out of the house, blow the stain called. Sure you are what to do, what to see, what to drink, what to eat? Ali Martin, The Local Loop comes up next right afternoons on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: The weekends coming and you need to make the most of it. Where to go and what to do?
Speaker 2: She hasked the tips and inside to help you make it a super weekend.
Speaker 4: So listen up.
Speaker 2: This is the Local Loop with Alie Martin on seven hundred W l jebbe.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Allison, how are you my friend?
Speaker 10: You're just constantly battling the snow every day.
Speaker 1: No, it's great, isn't it. No, You'm over now, you need to Everyone hates this. Everyone I've talked to this snows socks and.
Speaker 10: We're talking about how dogs must be so congesting.
Speaker 1: My dog is like he hasn't I think my dog hasn't pooped in three months with no here. God is like looking at me, like, where's I need some grass? I got. I'm trying to pee and I got a pee on big snow boulders on the side of the road and I'm peeing. He's peede on everybody's around, like where the snow is packed? On the mailbox, everyone street, He's marked a scent. There's like that.
Speaker 9: You could see where all of the other dogs mark their territory. So they're like, we have multiple senses. We could work with not only our sniffers, but I can see and all these dogs are going to be New York City dogs and.
Speaker 1: The road so you cannot wait to pee and get back here.
Speaker 10: They looked so sad.
Speaker 1: He's a sort support.
Speaker 10: Guy, And then you got to mop the floor every thirty second I.
Speaker 1: Went out, I took because I'll take them off for a walk because Michelle's knee. It's like finally, it's like I just I What I did is I just dropped trout and pooped right next do on the street and said, see you can.
Speaker 10: By example.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I teach you showing the dog, teaching the dog new tricks. Super Bowl is good. Scoop scooch my butt on the ground, pull my pants up. There we go, let's go.
Speaker 9: You were a boy scout right, yeah, super Bowl is here. Okay, I have a gift for you. Yeah, okay, so there's a box sitting right next to you. Now obviously your teams are not in the super Bowl.
Speaker 11: My team is in.
Speaker 10: One of my teams is in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: So a patriotsman, yeah, all my family's ne A Island. I gotta do with New England.
Speaker 10: I was raised a Patriots What what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: What does Rhode Island have to do with?
Speaker 9: My entire family takes up Rhode Island. Yeah, I was raised a Patriots fan my entire life. And then of course you adopt the Bengals because I grew up here as well. But for you, you are a Bill's Bengals fan, and you've had a heart so I got you something.
Speaker 1: It looks like shoe. It's maybe just be one show. What are you doing? It's a way where does it come out? The box opens, there's a whole thing.
Speaker 10: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: I don't know what.
Speaker 10: Because when you open it, you know.
Speaker 1: This, you know those dumb and you open it anyway, the stupid bulk mail and it comes you got to tear the ends off it. And then it's like all these everyporated things like it's a pain of the ass.
Speaker 10: Right, that's the worst part of your when you get a W two. So he's opened the box.
Speaker 1: Phenomenal. Here, get a picture and put it on your so to do you want to describe it?
Speaker 9: It almost, yes, it is a morphed logo. Probably the NFL could go after us of Buffalo Bengals. So it's the Buffalo Bill's logo combined colors with the Bengals and the colors that's actually.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: It almost looks like a b that's phenomenal. So it's a red, white and blue, but it's got the Bengals face logo, but it's got the red stripe of the Bills and anyway, get a shot of that.
Speaker 11: There we go, say cheese geez, sorry, where you get that You're so welcome? So my friend ended up getting that.
Speaker 9: You might recall Miranda McGee, who works with American Legacy Tours Australia.
Speaker 10: She is the same way.
Speaker 9: She likes the Buffalo Bills a lot, and she is a diehard Bengals fan, but she has basically just owned the Bengals.
Speaker 10: She's very confused. And then my friend found this, came up with the idea and I.
Speaker 2: Love you got it?
Speaker 3: I need one.
Speaker 1: I got to thank you so much. I love I want to wear that all the time. Yay, okay, good wear that here? And I want to go to Bill's games. I'm gonna wear that there. Yes, use to say for when the Bengals play the Bills every couple of years, like, oh it's a Buffalo what what now?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 9: I need to make the Patriots and Bengals. Yeah, that's so you have those two. Okay, more for those, thank you so much, You're so welcome, awesome shirt. Where will you be celebrating the Super Bowl in my house.
Speaker 10: With the dogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait for bad Bunny me too. I'm kidding what I don't know? I think I know, like one of the songs.
Speaker 9: Really I'm excited for because I'm just excited for all the hype and the drama around.
Speaker 1: I don't get people are so pissed off. It's like all of the top TV shows, ninety of the top one hundred TV shows are NFL football games. You can't get any more people on the NFL bendwing in America than you're ready to do. So if you want to grow the business, where do you go other countries?
Speaker 10: But also, he is a top artist.
Speaker 1: It's a perfect pick for that. The fact I expanded Latin America. It makes sense. I get it's marketing and.
Speaker 9: He's just to lean into it and ask and I like his music, and I'm sorry he's for those who aren't fully aware. Yes he's from Puerto Rico, which is a part of America.
Speaker 1: Well, I think they're more like people pissed about the ice comments and things like that. But okay, then have Springsteen. He's gonna do the same thing.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, and then you have Green Day and Green Day.
Speaker 1: Really artists tend to be more liberal and progressive than that's always the way it's been. Well, and then of course there are artists, and then people listen to what their comments are nobody cares. Just play the song.
Speaker 10: What's the other? What's the other show? Who's in it? I don't even know the artist that there's gonna be a sign.
Speaker 1: It, just like every other one of these, like when Fox Now does a concert, like when Willy goes to a concert, it's kid Rock and Lee Greenwood and like, all right.
Speaker 10: Whatever, Respectfully, we don't have to always make it.
Speaker 1: About out of that. Just go watch then watch that, Go watch the puppy bowl. I don't care. You know what I'm gonna be doing. Gonna go poop pee and get more food. That's what I do. At halftime, just like your dog. I've gotta go out because my coat on, go outside near the mailbox.
Speaker 9: All right, there's beer in his bowl. Well, so you're gonna be at home. I will also be at my neighbors. But what's great about it is who knows. I'll probably be partying with fifteen different people, some of the people that I randomly met at bar, which is going to be our restaurant spotlight of the day. Shout out to Alex and TJ, our new party source friends. They listen to you guys, and yeah, so that means the beef bar. It does mean the beef bar. Now have you been to the bar.
Speaker 1: We were actually gonna go and something bad came up. I think I recall something bad. I can't murder it was, and then we had to cancel. But I do want to go. Okay, well, it's really good.
Speaker 9: If I can make a recommendation, definitely book your reservation out a week in advance and I'll get to it as to why they're on open tables. So ABUF it's one of genre Beert's stable spots, and really it's the only spot right now that's still up and running currently. The chef is Chef Patrick Bowling and Gen Robert. You know he is an iconic French chef who had created restaurants from the Masonette Two Pigals to j R's Table l French Crest.
Speaker 1: He is at the top of the Cincinnati food pyramid in his past his past, but.
Speaker 9: His legend and his food continues to live on here at the Bar of Buff And shout out to my neighbor Walter, who he's also holding down, holding down the fort there. But what they are known for is they have a legendary beef Wellington And why I say book and advance. You actually need to book an advance and then you have to call them two to three days ahead of time. You need the beef Wellington, but book in advance and then call two to three days ahead of time to make sure that that you can get that dish. It's not always on demand, it is inclurettable. It is their special occasion dish. Right your beef tenderloin.
Speaker 1: Raft it's just perfect. Make Oh it's so good.
Speaker 9: And right now they're also doing a muscles special, and I'm like, I like muscles, I like oysters.
Speaker 10: I'm usually this muscles special.
Speaker 9: Whatever the sauce that it comes in, it's a little spicy, but not too spicy, and it comes with a bed of fries under it, and then you get a sight of bread and you're just mixing.
Speaker 10: Heavenly heavenly s cargo.
Speaker 4: So good.
Speaker 9: They have a beef part, beef tartar, the to fey and their duck. The list goes on.
Speaker 10: It is so so good.
Speaker 9: And as a bourbon drinker and a whiskey drinker, j R. Has a special poor that he collaborated with brain Broom.
Speaker 1: And they still have it.
Speaker 9: So they have different cocktails and different pores there which are different in front of and you never know who you're gonna be.
Speaker 10: Friends they're going to.
Speaker 1: It's kind of hard to get and I was never really a big fan of it until I mean I watched Borderin and stuff like that. But years ago we went to wound up like in Paris for a couple of days on a trip to England and went with our friends there and it was like, Paris is nice and everything, it's fine, but the food is incredibles. It's everything.
Speaker 9: It's that they say that, Yeah, it's a little different, and I think I might have glossed over it. This is at the at the bottom of Edgecliff, So it's a condo apartment complex in Walnut Hills epamment area. But it also has panoramic views of the city, so they try to bring as much of that authentic French flare. It's a little eclectic. It is white tablecloth, but it's not stuffy white table that makes sense. Yeah, And there's a lot of fun artwork on the wall and a lot of JR. Photos of j R and and memorabilia for him.
Speaker 1: So cozy. It got to be very I.
Speaker 10: Will if you want to do.
Speaker 9: The opposite of cozy. The Cupid Undie Run is happening this weekend.
Speaker 1: Cupid Undi run.
Speaker 10: Yes, have you ever done the cubid Ondion.
Speaker 1: No, I will not do that. I poop outside. So you basically this ai for me.
Speaker 10: You have done the Cuban under run. This is your chance to party. You run a mile ish and then you could party some more. But it's all for a good It's all for a good cause.
Speaker 5: Nf.
Speaker 10: This has been going on for who knows how many years.
Speaker 9: At this point they've raised Since twenty ten, they've raised twenty five point seven million dollars. And yeah, every year it's a mixed bag because some years it could be a little bit warmer, other years there's ice and snow on the ground.
Speaker 1: Under run a mixed bag.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I wish I actually did.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 10: It's the nation's largest largest pantless party run.
Speaker 1: Oh cool.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And the party starts at noon.
Speaker 9: Again, you have a pre party of drinking and booze and it starts at Queen City Radio, so it's downtown and over the Rhine. Two o'clock is your brief brief jog and then two to four you continue the party and it yeah, it goes to.
Speaker 10: A good cause.
Speaker 1: Where do the protesters stand?
Speaker 10: Where to the protester?
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding. I have no idea because you know, adults running around in their underwear, there's children around. It could be a dragon show. I like, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 10: You know, I'm going to leave that up to the spectators.
Speaker 1: We're protesting bad money. It's like, okay, and I'm sure somebody would be angry that you can't do that. What if there's kids watching.
Speaker 9: The beautiful part of this is it's not even a full mile. Let's go so good luck and that's happening now with Valentine's Day around the corner. Single ladies, this next option could be where you should go because the Sinsy boat Expo sent down?
Speaker 1: What does that mean? Also? Single place?
Speaker 10: You want to find a guy with a boat.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's right, that's that's a whole you and tip, it's a whole fight. I got a boat, got a boat.
Speaker 10: That's uh you down at the Forces Marina. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I wonder if a guy who's ever like like hooked had a boat and like, oh yeah, I hook up all the time. Because I've got a boat.
Speaker 10: That has to be a thing.
Speaker 1: What about cars?
Speaker 9: I think some people like cars, motorcycles, it's any of your trains, planes, automobile.
Speaker 1: Should you've got a boat though, I mean.
Speaker 10: It's a perk, it does that, don't suck?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 9: But then also if you're a total a hole when you have a boat, it only goes so far. Let's be real like it's a mutual understand.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I got you. We're using but I understand if you're.
Speaker 10: Into boats, this could be your time. Maybe you want to buy a boat.
Speaker 9: The Sincy Boat Expo is happening this weekend and into next weekend, so it's two weeks at the Sharon Built Convention Center. It's only ten bucks to get in, plenty of barking, and you could see the full lineup from pontoon boat boat yeah, from pontoon boats to fishing boats.
Speaker 10: Who knows, maybe.
Speaker 1: Kayak's luxury posts. Yeah yeah, what about yachts? Can I get a yacht there?
Speaker 10: I'm sure?
Speaker 9: All right, you know, I don't know my all of my categories of boats, but well I do know what I like and when I don't.
Speaker 1: Right, And if it's a yacht. You definitely you've got more. So if you have a pontoon boat, that's fun. But if you have a yacht, that makes the guy more attractive if he has a yacht, because that's there's level money too. It okay, there's level.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna I might judge you a little bit more. But if I get invited on the boat, all right, fair enough. I think I could bring a good time. I think I could be a good DJ.
Speaker 1: Lovely, I lovely. I think I can.
Speaker 10: I think I can.
Speaker 9: You know, thirty three times have changed a little bit. But I'm also here for a good kayaking sash.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 10: We'll get to that once again.
Speaker 1: It needs to get warmer. Yeah, so that's otherwise you're ice kayaking right now and the river. Yeah, you just slide right down one one good stroke with a paddle and you're going for about a mile. You're fine, You're fine, Allie Margins here, it's a local loop this morning on seven hundred w W got about a minute. What do you have?
Speaker 10: Uh so we're gonna pitch our gal Tiff.
Speaker 1: We have to, okay, because she's.
Speaker 10: Doing a Valentine Gallantine paint and sip.
Speaker 2: She's subsessful.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is what happened. I got to get her back on at some point, the unemployed Tiff.
Speaker 10: She has her daily.
Speaker 9: She's not calling it a podcast. It's a podcast. Okay, good, it's an audio recording. So she's calling it, my girl, it's a podcast. But she has been getting into painting and she's doing this for all the gals and all the ladies.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 9: She's doing a Gallantine paint and sip. I'm going to be there with three other friends and it's next Wednesday, February eleventh, from six to eight at Frankie's, which is always a really good time. And she's going to be guiding this paint and sip because she's been obsessed with painting. My guess is it's going to be watercolors because that's been her thing. Okay, I got her this for her birthday.
Speaker 10: Was the other day.
Speaker 1: She's turning into her. I heard she did something the other night, like we did a sound back.
Speaker 2: That's what it was.
Speaker 1: I was there, No, Sarah was telling me about this. Yes, so Tip, Tiff Potter, of course you did three things on the show for years and now she's she was doing a sounded. So I guess somebody was had like these bowls and a gong and they're making you like you do around the like a wine glass to make that sound.
Speaker 10: Then you get like the rain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you lay there and what happens.
Speaker 10: And you just immerse yourself in the sound.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it sounds awful. No, it's no, it's not because I'd be thinking, this is why I don't do yoga, because I don't like myself to hang around my own thoughts that long. I want to kill myself. The point is, I'd be thinking about everything I gotta do with that. My mind would be racing. You are perfect, No, I want sitting around somebody's rubbing a bowl and there's a gong. We'll just hit you over the head with these stop freaking white people. Man, this is stupid.
Speaker 10: I'm sure this we did not. We did not come up with this. I can tell you that we definitely stole that from somebody else West.
Speaker 1: Some sort of easter. Well, she went to Vietnam for a mouth. Now she's Asian, well, and.
Speaker 9: It's her her guy. I don't want to over something him and another friend.
Speaker 10: They do it, and they do such a great job. I'm like, I would do this more often. It was very I left their feeling very zay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm against it.
Speaker 10: Are you against it?
Speaker 1: Because I just because I would? Literally I would.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I know my limitations, and sitting there thinking by myself is way way, way way back.
Speaker 10: I bet you would enjoy.
Speaker 9: I almost just gets immersed in the sounds and in the vibrations.
Speaker 10: It almost forces you.
Speaker 1: I don't like what's happened with her since she left. What she's become.
Speaker 10: She's painting, she's doing sound baths.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you got fired.
Speaker 10: We'll make sure to save that clip that I saw that right to her.
Speaker 1: Allie Martin the Local Loop this morning on seven hundred. I'm not quite sure we actually talked about what the eat seat and ry other than the boat show. You like men with boats, and you know, I really could care less about that. I get it. It's funny, all right anyway, Local Loop Allie Martin this morning on seven hundred, thank you have a thanks for the shirt today, Buffalo Bengal shirt. I love it. It's great.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna wear that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna that when I go poop today out near my neighbor's mailbox. Anyway, Willie is on the way, coming up in just minutes here on seven hundred WWE. By the way, iHeartMedia and seven hundred WWTE salute Cincinnati's own Procter and Gamble. If you've got someone there you'd like for us to recognize on the air text they're named to fifty one eight eighty one, and be listening. It's the home of the best Bengals coverage, the home of the Reds, the home of Super Bowl sixty. Seven hundred W