Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I Am six forty.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers having won the World Series.
Speaker 3: I guess the Toronto Blue Jays, so so it's fair to say Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Won in four point four games. That's a reference to the exchange rate between Candida.
Speaker 4: And United side that thinker was told there'd be no map.
Speaker 1: And now Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: And good morning everybody.
Speaker 3: It is a Tuesday, Taco Tuesday, November fourth, and we've got, strangely up another full day. Some breaking news today as well. It's a very important day in terms of elections. We'll talk about that coming up. Also, welcome back to Amy.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, you have a sweatshirt that says the Beavers. Okay, explain that one, because of course what first comes to mind is tell me what's going on with.
Speaker 5: That Oregon State Beavers football.
Speaker 6: I went to a football game while I was up in Oregon and I got this jersey. Okay, and they won, So I'm still celebrating because the Beavers suck this year, so a win was it was a big deal.
Speaker 3: So when the Dodgers did win that last game, Game seven, of which I watched every single minute. That is the first time in probably fifty years I have watched a full game of baseball.
Speaker 2: And as soon as the Dodgers won, Lindsay said, why don't.
Speaker 3: You text Amy and congratulate her?
Speaker 2: And did you get the text?
Speaker 6: I did not.
Speaker 3: That's because I didn't send it. I figured that's correct. In any case, hell of a game. It was a hell of a game. They say it was going to go down for the ages. I thought it was.
Speaker 2: It was a really interesting game.
Speaker 3: I had Petro signed yesterday and I thought that, you know, not that I'm a maven in baseball, but I thought that Toronto actually outplayed the Dodgers through the series. It was just they were the better team. A lot of it was lightning in a bottle. I know, we're going to do sports talk. You're shaking your finger at me, you're wagging your finger.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm only to say I initially actually was thinking that at times too, thinking wow, the Blue Jays are because they were fabulous. But the game is offense and defense, and the Dodgers came through in the clutch when they needed to, so their defense it's you know, it's not just offense.
Speaker 2: So I understood, but you know, the argument is lightning in a bottle.
Speaker 3: But the other thing, I was making a lot of fun yesterday about the parade, of course, and we were doing I was going to do a football pool as to how many dumpsters were going to be torched and how many cars were going to be overturned none, I don't I always make that joke, but two and I was thinking about this and seriously thinking about this. The Dodgers are absolutely an incredible organization when you look at the diversity. They were the first team to bring an African American on Jackie Robinson I think it was nineteen forty seven, and then made a huge deal out of the Hispanic Latino ballplayers and broadcasting.
Speaker 2: Now, a lot of it has to do with a population base.
Speaker 3: But they were at the forefront of that, and they're at the forefront of Japanese players coming in. I mean, they have been ahead of the game in terms of where this country has been going in terms of diversity and the concept of melting pots or a melting pot. And I have to give them a lot of credit for that, I really do, and good for them. Good for them all right, that's enough. I'm not going to give them any more kudos. All right, Amy, welcome back and Cono. Good morning, Good morning Bill, Good morning Bill. Okay, excellent, Yeah, you do have a frog I there will Good morning to you.
Speaker 2: All right. Well we all happy campers, and I'm Neil there you are. Yeah, that's not what happened.
Speaker 7: That's actually what happened.
Speaker 2: Bro the wabbler starts to go and then and a good morning to you, Good morning to you. You see, I'm in a reasonably good mood.
Speaker 3: Got into a huge fight with Lindsay this morning, and now I do this show. Uh it's called that Tuesday they do. Uh did you and did you hear a scream at each other?
Speaker 2: No? I did not. Oh yeah, No, we were really yelling at each other this morning.
Speaker 3: Damn Yeah. The dogs came in and we just started yelling. It was really good fight. There's five o'clock in the morning, just you know, fight over stuff.
Speaker 7: Did you like Trump for an hour?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, I did not like Trump for an hour.
Speaker 4: Do you do that when she gets mad at you say I'm going to become a Republican.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to become a rump is Yeah, all right, So we have the election we're going to talk about today for sure, and a fairly extraordinary American has just died. And that's Dick Cheney, who died at the age of eighty four. Should have died sooner. And I'm not talking about politically, I'm talking about physically. He's had heart attack after a heart attack, and he's had surgeries and had a heart transplant bypass surgery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he made it.
Speaker 3: And he made it to eighty four, which actually is pretty impressive. My dad made it to eighty five, and he should have died in his fifties. But modern medicine keeps people alive, So you may have ten years in you huh, No, I'm okay. I don't have I don't have any heart disease. I don't. I've had two vowels that were put in, but yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I've had back surgery, it vowels put in. Nothing life threatening. No, I don't have congeneral heart disease or anything.
Speaker 7: Sounds different from your wife's point of view.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well that's because she's trying. Okay, all right, let's do it, guys. Are you ready. We've got plenty of news to talk about. It is time for Handle on the news with Amy. Who's back Neil and me lead story, and it is Dick Cheney who has just died at the age of eighty four. I'm not even going I'm not even going through the list of what he has done as a public servant. But I will talk about that at seven am, because that'll be our first segment coming up. And no matter which side of the political spectrum you are, he is a fascinating and hugely influential character in our modern democracy and at the very tip top of the power, serving two presidents, a chief of staff when he was thirty four. Who the hell becomes the presidential chief of staff at the age of thirty four?
Speaker 5: Dick Cheney.
Speaker 2: Dick Cheney. All right, moving on.
Speaker 6: Poles are opening in about fifty minutes.
Speaker 5: Does anyone care?
Speaker 6: Apparently not, because in California, since we went to vote by mail, almost everybody's doing it. Since twenty twenty, more than eight in ten Californians in stay wid er general or special elections are voting by mail in either mailing it in or dropping it off, or returning it to a local voting center.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm seven twenty. I'm going to talk about that. And the conclusion I think that all of us will reach or have reached, is all the reasons that the both sides are arguing for you to vote one way or the other mean absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: It's all crap, is what they're saying.
Speaker 3: No one believes in the underlying issue with democracy or not democracy. It is straight politics, and so that's coming out up at seven.
Speaker 4: La Metro can't can't find anybody to ride. They keep telling everybody, Hey, here's something we'll do. How about free rides today on election day? Get writers to the polls. Not only they saying you can do that on the La Metro as far as traditional methods, but also they're newer methods like the Metro bike Share. They offer free thirty minute rides. Metro customers can select one ride at any Metro bike share kiosk, you can go online, you can go to the Metro bike share app whatever it is, but you got to use the promo code. It's very clever. One one zero four, two five eleven zero four.
Speaker 3: It's very clever. And I understand the Metro buses. I get that, I understand what a train is. Bike share, I understand now micro ride share either their tiny little cars or busting cell or very small people only people under three foot eight dwarfs are allowed on all right.
Speaker 5: No ID required.
Speaker 6: A California appeals court has ruled that a voter identification rule approved by Huntington Beach last year violates state law. Voters approve the measure that requires residents to show valid ID to cast a ballot. It would have started in twenty twenty six, but the State of California filed a lawsuit saying the measure unlawfully conflicts with and is preempted by state law. A lower court dismissed the case, and then Attorney General Rob Bonta appealed that ruling and.
Speaker 3: One and one And I'm surprised that the lower court even agreed with Huntington Beach. I mean, election law is very clear cut. The states control all election law. And also a state law preempts a county law preempts city law. And we discussed this before about Huntington b which is the poster child of conservatism in southern California.
Speaker 6: So why is it a conservative thing to do? Voter I D I don't understand why. Hey, I'm a favor of voter ID vote I am a favor of voter I D. However, the philosophy of voter I D. If you're pushing voter I D, therefore you're disenfranchising people who don't have ID.
Speaker 2: Who doesn't have ID, well.
Speaker 3: Poor people who don't go to the DMV, homeless people who don't go to the DMV, people that don't understand the DMV.
Speaker 4: It's only the poor and the homeless.
Speaker 3: And that is the basis of the law that says none.
Speaker 7: Of that ID for everything else.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: And I told this story before last election. I went, and I've done this several times. I go to the polls and I like to vote, although now I do it by mail. I'm done physically pulling anymore physically going to the p and I walk up there and I say, you know, my name is William Handle and give my address and then I say, would you like to see my ID? No, I go, I have my ID right here to prove who I am. Don't want to see it. But don't you want to know who I am? Well, yeah, you said who you are? And the weirdiest thing in the world.
Speaker 2: It is so strange. It is beyond belief.
Speaker 3: You certainly need an idea, drive a car, you certainly need ID.
Speaker 2: Actually to walk the streets, you have to have ID.
Speaker 3: But when it comes to voting, our most precious franchise that exists in a free society, the right to vote. Now you don't have to find out that they don't care whether you are or not. Now, the other side of it is fraud. The amount of fraud that actually exists without vot ID that's minuscule too.
Speaker 2: So that's the reality.
Speaker 4: Okay, well not just on this coast, but on the East Coast as well.
Speaker 7: Today's big day.
Speaker 4: You got present sat Donald Trump urging New Yorkers in typical kind of heavy handed Donald Trump way his strongest terms yet to vote for former Governor Andrew Cuomo, who he hates in the city's mayoral race.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he hates Cuomo. Cuomo hates him. Yeah, they're both total, total enemies. On the other hand, you got mom Donnie, who is what Trump calls a communist, and he's not a communist.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's a socialist, but there's a difference.
Speaker 3: You know, he's Trump's going a little bit far, and so we're going to do more about that. Coming up at seven thirty. I aim you were about to.
Speaker 5: Say something, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Speaker 2: That's exactly correct. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: And he said he came right out and said, whether you personally like him or not, you really have no choice.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And by the way, if you vote for him, New York will not get any more money. As a matter of fact, he's gonna he is going to have probably Mike Johnson and uh and or conceivably another representative that put in a bill to make New York illegal. The city will be about the existence of the city will be in violation of federal law.
Speaker 4: You just watch what's your thoughts on Mom, Donnie, Mom, Dottie, Mom, Dommy.
Speaker 2: Well, he is certainly left wing.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's about as left wing as you're going to get out there. Uh. There's a big issue about him being anti Semitic because he's he's Muslim and it's pro Palestinian. I mean, to the extent is he anti Semitic? I don't know, because a lot of Jews say anti Semitism. But if you're pro Palestinian, you're there for anti Semitic.
Speaker 2: I don't buy that.
Speaker 3: I think you can be pro Palestinian and not be anti Semitic.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and certainly you could be Muslim and not be anti Semitic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Well that's so I'll talk more about that. But he is, he's going to be mayor for one thing, and there's certain things that he wants to do.
Speaker 2: Free bus rides for everybody.
Speaker 3: For example, he wants rent stabilization, no more rent increases, which makes absolutely no sense.
Speaker 7: Why does much you waive the ten dollars cost for IDs.
Speaker 3: And I don't know, I mean that will be wait, I don't know if that's what the cost in New York. And then much like when I campaigned for president of my class in the fourth grade, free pizza on Fridays for every New Yorker. Okay, we'll talk more about that coming up. Don't you remember free pizzas that everybody else?
Speaker 7: That's what you do. And then you say that you scream the name of your mascot. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So apparently Bill was not the only one riveted by the World Series. Nearly half of Canada's population watched Game seven. Eighteen and a half million, or forty six percent of canada estimated population tuned into at least part of the game viewership peaked at fourteen million in the bottom of the ninth inn and of course that's when the Blue Jays had a chance to win in walkoff faction. And then it was also in the US, it was the most watched game since twenty seventeen. So the US audience was twenty and a half and twenty five and a half million, the most since Game seven between the Dodgers and the Astros in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: Keep in mind the Super Bowl is one hundred and ten one hundred and fifteen million people that watched the Super Bowl, a third of the entire United States and so.
Speaker 5: Well, they don't have fun commercials during the World Series.
Speaker 2: That's true when they have all loftime show.
Speaker 3: Also, also there's a lot of baseball, and one of the things about football is sixteen games and then you have the Super Bowl, and that's one game. It's not the best of anything. I mean, it's on any given day.
Speaker 4: Forstening to David Vessay the other day on the station talking about how these last two seasons have been like the longest seasons ever for the Dodgers, and he's been with them every moment of every with preseason everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the Dodgers and they did that parade yesterday which huge numbers of people came.
Speaker 5: Out and yes, about two hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of excitement. Clayton Kershaw said goodbye. He was going to go and immediately go and shave his beard off. Pretty scraggly, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Okay? Never mind heard, Yeah, there's beards and then there's beards.
Speaker 5: A lot of the guys do that though.
Speaker 6: They they grow them and then and then you get to a certain point and it becomes a superstition too.
Speaker 5: They don't they don't trim them or shave.
Speaker 2: Them fair enough.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, handle, you've got YouTube, YouTube, television, right, I do. Okay, So they're in battle with the Disney folks and ABC and all of that and already missing.
Speaker 7: I guess Monday Night football would have been yesterday, right.
Speaker 4: So now the election day coverage would be a blackout as well as Walt Disney owned channel stretches into a second week of negotiations with YouTube.
Speaker 7: So where do you where are you going to get the news tonight? Bill?
Speaker 3: Well? Usually I record ABC News, which I'm not going to be able to get, but I have NBC which is still works and BBC still works and I watch those Fox I still get, so CNN I still get. So it's ABC stuff that I'm not getting. But I really rely on that big time.
Speaker 4: Do you watch BBC because you like when they say kowala lumpool?
Speaker 2: Yes, I actually I do. I do like BBC.
Speaker 7: Out kowala lumpool.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: So anyway, what Disney wanted to do was I have YouTube restore TV coverage just for the election, and they said, no, thanks, now, don't come to terms. They always do, but in the meantime, we just don't have ABC or ESPN.
Speaker 5: Well, this one gets a half snap up.
Speaker 6: Trump administration is committed to partially funding the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program known as SNAP or what used to be called food Stamps, with a four point sixty five billion dollar payment. They do say that using those emergency funds to pay for the half SNAP benefits would take a few weeks up to several months.
Speaker 5: That's not going to help anyone.
Speaker 6: Of course, the federal judge had ordered the Trump administration to use emergency funds to pay for SNAP, and they're going to get about half of what they normally would get.
Speaker 2: This is where the president.
Speaker 3: Boy, he walked this one backwards pretty quickly because of the impasses going on between Republicans and Democrats. He had said, we're not going to release snap funds. There weren't any snap funds to release. Well, they did have snap funds enough for two weeks as opposed to a full month, and.
Speaker 2: He said, no, they don't have the money they do.
Speaker 3: And the fact is there are a lot of people who receive these food stamps. You know, forty million I think Americans rely on this and that's forty million people that have gotten would have gotten two weeks, are getting two weeks instead of a full month. But it doesn't bode politically very well for the administration to withhold money that is there.
Speaker 2: For emergency purposes.
Speaker 3: And it initially a Trump administration said, this is not an emergency. Emergencies are natural disasters. Running out of money is not considered an emergency.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't see natural disaster though, dealing hurricane here it is. But you know what I'm saying, it's about people's shelter and food.
Speaker 3: Basically, a natural disaster is what cast people not to have food exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so.
Speaker 4: Otherwise if it was in a plane, if it was on a beach where no one lived, no one would care.
Speaker 2: So of course unless people lived on.
Speaker 7: The beach, it couldn't eat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, that is That's about as big a natural disasters.
Speaker 2: I think time it would.
Speaker 7: Push the Democrats and ended up pushing him.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, all right, And a parent company, Tyland, has been in the news quite a bit. Did you know that if you have it during pregnancy that you're going to be autistic and so is your kid and maybe even a neighbor and a dog.
Speaker 7: So keep that, keep watch on that.
Speaker 4: But Huggies maker Kimberly Clark announced Monday that it would buy Tyler's parent company, ken View, And uh, I think that if you're looking at like fifty billion dollars in this deal, and I have.
Speaker 3: No idea that was that big, it's huge, obvious, it's massive, I know.
Speaker 4: And so this merger this some say that this is because Trump administration is very open towards corporate acquisitions.
Speaker 2: Very much so, very much so.
Speaker 3: And there I don't know if the Trump administration or the FDA is still pushing Thailand.
Speaker 2: All to put the warning on the box. I think that's up in the air.
Speaker 7: I think it's still in progress as.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen a couple of I've seen a couple of warnings that they're considering. One if you have a male child, his scrot and will fall off if you take Thailand all during pregnancy. That seems horrible, It does, doesn't it. That's the side effect I would justice left. Yeah, well, no, it's a stroke with the testicles, because it's kind of hard to have your scrote fall off without the you know what, that didn't even work to begin with. Okay, why we're going beyond that? I have no idea.
Speaker 7: Now I'm curious.
Speaker 2: No, it was horrible. It was horrible. Oh, here's another one. There's another great fdy.
Speaker 6: Amy wondering when the rotting teeth are going to start showing up. The Food and Drug Administration has moved to limit the use of fluoride.
Speaker 5: To kids under three.
Speaker 6: It says the doesn't it doesn't seek the removal of products from the market, as had been discussed at some point, but it does no longer recommend for children younger than three and those who are older but don't risk serious risk of tooth decay to not get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in light of every single dental organization, school professional organization scholars who say that fluoride is absolutely required, mandated so the kids don't get cavities or as many cavities. When I was and I you know, I grew up here southern California and Los Angeles specifically, and there was an issue as to whether fluoride was going to be added to the city water, and that was are you ready for this? There was a fight that went on for months and months to not have fluoride added to the water. You know why because that was a Communist plot to bring fluoride into the water system. I mean, people are crazy when.
Speaker 2: It comes to this.
Speaker 3: And of course you have now you have Robert Kennedy with the FDA saying oh no, no, we want we don't want fluoride for kids under the age of three.
Speaker 4: Well look now New York might turn Communist. So yeah, which are worked? Yeah, yeah right, it could be. Dentists every major dental organization has said that the FDA is crazy. But then we know that already. The piece of garbage out of the Cabazon area, a man who killed his seven month old son, Emmanuel Harrow, was sentenced to what I feel is a Measley twenty five years to life in prison just yesterday. So if you remember, they reported it missing back in August, but its body has not been found. He's presumed to be dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the little one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now it didn't matter that he got twenty five years to life. He could have gotten a month because he's not gonna last that long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, They're gonna to put him in protective custody.
Speaker 3: So he's going to be effectively in solitary for the rest of his life, and if he goes out in general population, he will be looking over his shoulder every single moment, knowing that the shank was going to come and will.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, the child's mother, Rebecca, has pleaded not the ulti murder Bols case.
Speaker 2: We'll see what happens on that one.
Speaker 5: Let the rebuilding begin.
Speaker 6: So, there was a hospital in Israel that's effered heavy damage from the Iranian missile fire in June. It was struck June nineteenth, at the height of the twelve day war between Israel and Iran. Canadian Israeli billionaire Sylvan Adams says he's going to donate one hundred million dollars to rebuild at the Israeli hospital. They're going to answer Iran by building back bigger and better, he said.
Speaker 2: And the medicine in Israel is absolutely world class. I mean, there's no question.
Speaker 3: It is interesting that the news is that one hundred million dollar donation is going to build a hospital in Israel and we have not yet heard of Well they figure, I don't know how many billions upon tens of billions of dollars is going to take to rebuild Gaza that we don't know it's and it's not going to be individuals. It's going to be governments. It's going to be the Mid East governments that are be putting money into it. It's I just find this well, you know them Jews? What can I tell you?
Speaker 7: Don't get me started? Am I right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know you anti semit you heyes, I'm all. I haven't been accused of being a self loathing Jew. And I don't know how long. What is wrong with you people? What is wrong with you people that are listening?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Everything this is uh, you know, just goes to show you the devil is in the details. Education Department is sued over controversial loan forgiveness rule. You've got critics coming up and looking at this rule, saying that the department is basically trying to exclude organizations that work with LGBTQ plus individuals that work with immigrants, that work with trans gender children from the program. And two lawsuits were filed just yesterday against the Trump administration after the Education Department published this student debt forgiveness rule.
Speaker 3: And now there's some new rules that say that employers that have a substantial illegal purpose will not be eligible for the program. Illegal purpose meaning helping trans people.
Speaker 7: But that's either based on the Trump Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: And then finally a story that should have been out of Japan but is out of France instead.
Speaker 5: Ooh la la.
Speaker 6: A Chinese online retailer has fallen out of favor with France. French authorities say they might bat block access to Shine. I don't even know what this was, but it's a online retailer, don't dummy.
Speaker 5: Seriously.
Speaker 6: It emerged that the online fast fashion giant has been selling sex dolls that look like kids.
Speaker 2: What that is?
Speaker 3: That is tough, Well, that's what they're saying, and it could be I mean, it could be interpreted, so they shut it right down. Normally, the French sex dolls are great because what they do is have the appropriate anatomical areas. For example, the penis of the doll shaped like a bag yette and you know it comes from France.
Speaker 7: And then you can get with the female ones with or without armpit hair.
Speaker 2: That's very nice option. It's a very nice option. Are sick?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Thank you. We take that as a compliment. All Right, we're done. Guys, you've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 3: Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.