Speaker 1: Up literally across the Middle East. Bahrain saying they've down seventy three missiles and ninety one drones, the embassy and Kuwait targeted by Iran, other embassies and other places inside the Middle East under siege to some degree various degrees by Iran, and President Trump announcing that we have a virtually unlimited supply of US munitions, and Iran has already been crippled in so many shape but way shapes and formed. But of course this is about regime change, and for the first time in forty six years, we have a legitimate chance at regime change in Iran, but we are bad at it historically here in America, Where does this war go?
Speaker 2: Hongs at last? And what should the outcomes be.
Speaker 1: Joining the show this morning is retired Major General Bob Dyes the United States Army. He commanded the US Israeli Combined Task for US for Missile Defense for some thirty years now the National Study National Center rather for Healthy Vets.
Speaker 2: General D's welcome, O great to be with you, Scott.
Speaker 3: Thank you dan Is. With all I know, we honor the servis of our military and their sacrifice, particularly those who've given their lives and we pray for God's comfort to their families, so they illustrate self with service.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: The big question would be out is the aircraft that got shot down? The three F fifty's are shot down by Kuwaiti defenses with technology, with our allies and especially with aircraft, friendly fire seems like something that shouldn't happen.
Speaker 2: Yet it does.
Speaker 1: Have we gotten better? We had to be much better than it used to be. But with the technology out there, how's that happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've done a lot better. But when you talk about relationship between international forces that haven't trained together with the aircraft and air defense in this manner before in a major way, then it happens fractor sides always tragic. Gratefully the pilots lived, and I'm sure this is a warning antidote to many people around the region of these other nations that are we have a lot of US Air Force other nation's air force flying around. We need this identification process needs to work much better than it did in this case.
Speaker 1: Obviously, we had nearly nine hundred strikes in twelve hours. That seems to me to be an extraordinary operational tempo. So from a military standpoint, what page What does that tell you the pace? What does that tell you about the planning timeline and the level of readiness and how preposition.
Speaker 2: We are for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's the Chairman of the Joint Chief Staff just recently said this morning, this is an unprecedented scale. And I was in charge of the war plans in the Pentagon in the late nineties. I know this particular mission was part of the planning process back then. You know, you plan against all sorts of contingencies, and so in some cases the planning has gone on for decades, understanding the terrain and understanding the people. But then now the integration of all the technology we now have is critical and it's amazing, frankly to see once and again how this integration has produced good results. Albeit this is a large conflict and we're going to see some loss of lives as well.
Speaker 1: This has been going on for forty seven years.
Speaker 3: Why now, Yeah, yeah, well it's just come to a boiling point. You know, the Iranians, you try all elements of national power. Regrettably, over the forty seven years since the Islamic Revolution happened, we've never had anything decisive to tell them to It's not healthy to say death to America or death to Israel, and to promote terrorism and continue to try to gain nuclear weapons and to empower their surrogus throughout the region, and then of recent to kill many of the innocent protesters within our reign itself. So all of that brought it to a boiling point. Our president and the administration worked hard on the negotiating side, and it became obvious to really the whole world that the Iranians were delaying and and just trying to play it out until they broke out with a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the decision to strike in a daylight rather night, to catch commanding the other senior officials together is described as a like a tactic deliberate, tactical surprise. That's a pretty significant decision. And also that should tell you us a lot. And you the quality of intelligence that drove this from the CIA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're exactly right, Well, the CIA and certainly the israel leis. Yeah, there was a real time intelligence, no doubt that brought this. The timelines forward, that you take more risk when you do it in the day, but the element of surprise was powerful and ineffective.
Speaker 1: Iran fired nearly three hundred missiles, roughly three hundred missiles I think in retaliation from their estimated stockpile. What's their remaining cap of capability? How long can they sustain that rate of fire?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, that's good question, Scott. I don't know. I doubt that the US military planners know that with precision. They have done this for decades, produce these ballistic missiles. They probably have quite a few stockpiles left. The question really is can they command and control that. Have we knocked down enough of their three hundred missile launchers to make it where they can't deliver the missiles? So I imagine they have a huge stock pile. It's just but that's not the long pull in the tent. We need to get their launchers. We need to disrupt their command and control, disrupt their intelligence, their targeting capabilities, and then that'll deny some of the use of those missiles.
Speaker 1: I imagine this is just part of the first wave here. Typically in a battle plan like this, General how does that plan?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 1: I guess how deep in the deck do you wind up getting here? You apply with paces out of our President said, be prepared. This could go on for months. We're hoping days, but it could be months and I think maybe a tempt our expectations like that.
Speaker 2: But how far out do you plan things like that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you plan all sorts of eventualities and it's really condition based. So they'll start with a target set'll prosecute that the targets, and there were hundreds and hundreds I'm sure of targets with all these resources that are employed. And then you do battle damage assessment and that's how effective was that particular strike? And based on battle damage assessment, then you reattack or you say okay, let's move on to something else. And the tempo with that with which that occurs technically takes will determine how long this conflict lasts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the straight of Horror Moves is already showing disruption there in a shutdown. So from a strategic standpoint, how serious is the threat of RAN shutting all that down or maybe putting placing minds and other things out there to dissuade vessels from going in and out. And what options of the Navy does all right Navy have to counter that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's a very serious threat. I mean, we obviously have mind sweepers and things and we're working that we're trying to create ahead of time preempt some of those. I know that we've already attacked much of their naval capability. We've taken down I think to this point seven Iranian Navy ships and so forth. I just read a report, don't know details electronic warfare against ships and GPS signals in the strait supor moves also that could significantly disrupt the traffic going through. So it is a strategic choke point. But it's a mixed bag because if you knock out, if you close it totally, a lot of that oil is oil that's being supplied to China and other nations, and so if that's knocked out, then it many ways works to Iran's detriment.
Speaker 1: He is a retired US Army Major General. Bob De's on the Scott Sloan Show on seven hundred wwe commanded the US Israeli Task Force or Missile Defense and enjoins the show with his insight on what's happening as we speak right now. This is the largest regional military build up I believe since two thousand and three. Couple carrier groups, a dozen destroyers, you've got air assets, is that force package that is sufficient enough for a sustained operation? Do we have to call in more support?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I think it's a definite force package. Now, what you have to realize is that you've got forces from the United States. You've got strategic Command, You've got transportation Command people that are providing from the United States assets that provide aerial refueling for many of the forces in region. We have long range bombers that come out of the inal United States. So yes, I think it's certainly enough in the region. You know, it's a real dense package of force of capability in the region. But we're a global power and so a lot of the power comes from the United States and other places. Also, other nations are starting to lend their support to include the Arab states that have been attacked by Iran of recent.
Speaker 1: Right on other thing too is I know Iran has some paramilitary forces and they're has been described, I think as the ace and a hole for unconventional warfare. So what should our troops expect in terms of a proxy retaliation or related valiation involving allied parties from the Iranians both in the region, But what about here on US oil.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, Hesballah has already started knocking or ascending rockets towards Israel, and there's an ongoing conflict on the northern nature of Israel right now. Domestically, as you know, there was a terrorism incident over the weekend in Austin, Texas. Pretty unusual, they say terrorism incidents, suspected terrorism, and there'll be a lot of lone wolves like this, And with four years of open border, there's probably a lot of valid sleeper cells that are opent that that may rise up. If, as many Iranian clerics say, this is an existential threat, this is the end times, This would be the time they would pull trigger on all assets who are in the United States as well as around the world.
Speaker 1: Do you think by now we have a good handle on who is here to do that kind of work from our intelligence in Stateside?
Speaker 3: I think absolutely we don't. I saw the amount we've been into infiltrated before nine to eleven in the sleeper sales, and now with the open border in twenty years hints there's a lot more that are embedded in the United States, So we need we need to be on our toes. We're grateful for the account intelligence efforts of the FBI, But we're pretty vulnerable right now domestically as well as you know, more domestically than we are internationally.
Speaker 1: Frankly, yeah, I wonder, you know, trying to pull all this stuff together. General D's and I tend to believe in Okham's razor, which basically leans the most common sense explanation, the right one. And I don't want to give elected officials and administrators administrative set too much credit here for being a long term planners or thinkers, because I don't think that's ever been the case. But in this regard, I look at what happened with Maduro and Venezuela, and that was a precursor allegedly to get well, was to get rid of fentanyl, which really wasn't the day. We got oil out of that. And in addition to that, we also activated ICE and their mobile eyes are going around from Minnesota and elsewhere. It'd be much easier for them to pivot to going from that kind of enforcement to terracells and rooting those individuals out. But at the same time, you're going to shut down the straight up horn moves here choking about about twenty percent of the world oil supply. Now we have a steady supply of Venezuela oil coming to do this. I think those two things with ICE, but particular Venezuela were pretext for this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not sure about the pretext for ice. I do think that these problems are not separable. A lot of the ICE operations are against people that are bad actors, some have been bad actors, and our potential terrorist threats, and so that'll that'll be complementary. On the oil thing, it's it's hard to figure out. You know, you can say America is just trying to get oil, but if you go back, I know my father in law was an oil man in Venezuela a long time ago. Venezuela's can be a very productive country with a very productive oil economy, but the Maduro regime and previous had just disrupted all that. So it was they were producing oil, but most of it was going to corrupt. Means the HOHO.
Speaker 1: These have already demonstrated ability to strike our assets and survive sustained bombardment. That's another element here in country. How significant is that threat to well carrier groups like the USS. Abraham I was on the Lincoln for a cruise the Abraham Lincoln and other naval assets in the region right now, Well.
Speaker 3: It's a significant threat and they they they are right on the Chocola, the Straits of hor Moves there, and so we got to continue to fight them. And it's a certainly they're attacking Israel at times, but right now they're attacking American assets in the region and particularly shipping lanes in the region these days, with guided missile capabilities, you know without a lot of effort that they can produce some significant outcomes. And if it's in the Straits of hornor moves. Now, if we have that going on there now the shipping is set down, shut down. I understand they've already been attacking old tankers in the Straits of Horror moves so significant Scott, Yeah, and Abraham Lincoln's impressive now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 1: Those those carry groups are amazing things when they get rolling. What is your threat assessment of Hesbela and they're.
Speaker 2: Rolling us.
Speaker 3: Well, I think today the Israelis reported they killed the key Hesbal leader, one of the main terrorist leaders there. The Israelis will continue to attack that a number of villages. I think it's fifty villages in southern Lebanon have been directed to evacuate because Israelis could use ground operations there to shut this down, and certainly they're doing air operations. When I was the commander of the Israeli Combined Task Force for Missile Defense, I mean we even from the Becka Valley up in Lebanon, we had gliders that were coming down, uh and and those are hard to pick up coming down the men on gliders with bombs or terraced to intent. And so the Israelis are are good at this, but they're fighting on all fronts north southeast above.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we got we.
Speaker 1: Got this three person transitional council because the head has been caught off and there's a lack of a clear command authority. Does that make things there for our troops more or less dangerous?
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's more dangerous because here you have a wounded animal, one that we always had mal intent towards us, and now they're wounded and they're striking out and to shoot the ballistic missiles towards their Arab neighbors and then claric towards US and civilian targets as well as military targets. They are pretty desperate. And they may say that they have a three person ruling council, but with that type of death and destruction at the top of their leadership, I suspect it's very fragmented at best.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, the Revolutionary Guard of course here is probably going to try to consolidate power because a full regime change doesn't really seem likely. Plus, we're also bad at regime change here in the United States. We've talked about that. If they do indeed emerge stronger of this whole thing, is that a success or of failure.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that would not be a success because, as we say, this has gone on for forty seven years. So we really do need to change the intent of the nation of Iran from death to America, death Israel, death to many others in the area, to one of economic aiming and economic prosperity and peaceful coalition in the region.
Speaker 1: Trump said, the bombing will continue as long and necessary from your chair their general military planning standpoint. What does that off ramp look like? I mean, what how do you declare, hey, victory, We're going to pull the hell out of here. And how many weeks or months do you think that takes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, well I would say weeks not months. Uh, And and I would say it all depends on what we see. If we see Iran continuing to shoot missiles and and uh and other things, uh, you know, the naval and the straits of hor Moos, we will pursue all of that until it's no longer about you know, a valid threat. And that could be depending upon the b d A. As I mentioned the battle damage assessment and the overall campaign objectives, it could be you know, a few weeks before that happens. I don't think we're talking months though.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is there back channels going on within that three member panel to determine what leadership looks like? Is that something that's negotiated or are we just completely obliterate them for they cry uncle?
Speaker 3: Well, I think it depends. We got to see to do that. Does this three member panel do they really speak for the nation of our in Are they really controlling the IRGC or are they just puppets at this point in time? And you know, if the IRGC is the one calling the shots and continuing to find we need to defeat them, if not destroy them, before this conflict is properly ended.
Speaker 1: All right, weeks not months is what you or our guess would be. Uh and informed one at that And what the X how we how we pull out of this thing looks entirely different than what the aftermath is of course too is all in question. He is Major General US Army retired Bob D's He commanded the US is rarely combined task force or missile defense back in the day now at the National Center for Healthy Vests in Virginia.
Speaker 2: General, thanks for the time. I appreciate We talk again soon, b Welser.
Speaker 3: You bet Scott, thank you.
Speaker 1: News update seconds away here the very latest now seventy two hours into the fight, and this is rocking markets on that. Andy Schaeffer from all Worth Financial joins the show next to talk about the volatility, what's happening, where it's going to go, and and a little bit of calm for if you're worried about the gas price is going up, the economy in particular, maybe your savings, if not, your retirement plan, your far oh one K. He'll break it down for you. Next, little little calming voice in the room for you. Almost guarantee that with Andy Schaeffer. Right after news on seven hundred w W Scotts luncha