Speaker 1: Update on the dog poop story from yesterday. So we woke up and Bernie was sick the big poodle and Bernie had I compared it to a mustard bottle when you go yeah, yeah, and it's not all the way full, so it's kind of And so that was all over the floor, all over the floor, in two areas. And then so I didn't tell Susan how bad it was because I wanted to be able to go back to sleep.
Speaker 2: How bad is it?
Speaker 1: I said, it's not bad because I don't don't have time in the morning to clean up dog poop.
Speaker 2: I don't make enough time.
Speaker 1: Most people to get up this early in the morning have a micro second to spare in time. Yes, And so she spent an hour yesterday, an hour cleaning it up. And it's still, I know, and it's still. And then guess who had the duty of washing his booty hole last night. That would be me, the boody duty. I had the booty booty hoole duty. Yeah, so I got some sort of dry shampoo and like, you know, and he's such a good dog. I mean, if anybody's back there playing around with most people's booty hole and you know, pulling thing hair and everything like that and trying to get things out of the hair that most people would be like, ow stop that. Bernie is just very patient most people most people, but Bernie was very patient. So there is my update. And now tongue twisters. Whoa what the tongue twisters?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Bailey brought in some tongue twisters because we said, well, let's fill this break. We have nothing else to do here, let's fill this break. What are we gonna do?
Speaker 3: Yes, so we have some tongue twisters that I do with the speech team. So the the goal here is you guys.
Speaker 2: Know what the goal is.
Speaker 3: Un yeah, okay, all right, enunciate. All right, here's your first one. This one's an easy one. It's unique New York, Unique New York. You know you need unique New York.
Speaker 1: Unique New York, Unique New York. You know you need unique you Ork. It's harder than you think, Jenny, give it a shot.
Speaker 4: Unique New York, Unique New York. You need Nope, Nope, you wan't do it twice?
Speaker 3: Well, you know you need unique New York.
Speaker 5: Yakay, all right, got what vankoo New York unique?
Speaker 6: Jenny? Wow, you neque New York. You need New York. You know you need you need New York.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, that was very close enough, close enough. You got it, you got it, you got it.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: Here's a different one. I want a proper cup of coffee and a proper copper coffee pot.
Speaker 1: I want a proper cup of coffee and a proper coffee cup prop proper copper copper cup.
Speaker 2: Oh may, yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: I want a proper cup of coffee and a proper copper coffee.
Speaker 6: Pot and a proper copper copper, a.
Speaker 2: Proper copper coffee cup.
Speaker 7: Okay, I want a proper Say well, I want a proper cup of coffee in a proper copper cup of coffee.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're so close.
Speaker 6: I did just keep forgetting it. That's what it is.
Speaker 3: I want a proper cup of coffee and a proper copper coffee pot.
Speaker 4: Jenny, I want a proper cup of coffee and a proper copper coffee.
Speaker 3: Cop over close, so close, Okay.
Speaker 1: I hope you are trying these while you listen and ignoring us doing it.
Speaker 2: But try it yourself.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: Here's another one. This one should be easier because it's short. Okay. Tip the tongue to.
Speaker 2: The top of the teeth, tip of the tongue to the top of the teeth.
Speaker 3: Oh, nice, tip of the tongue to the top of the teeth. Nice vun top of the tip to the tongue, of the tip of the tongue to the top of the teeth, tip of the tongue to the top of the teeth. A nice, nice nice. Okay, you guys are doing really well. Okay, this one you have to really enunciate. Okay, okay, okay. Say I slit the sheet, I slit the sheet, the sheet, I slip the sheet. I slit uh huh, and on the slit.
Speaker 2: And on the slitted sheet.
Speaker 3: Good job, I won't go any faster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. I get what you're trying to do.
Speaker 4: Baily, Yeah, I slit the sheet, yep, is it on the sheet? I slit the sheet.
Speaker 3: I sit.
Speaker 4: Okay, the sheet, I sit, and on the slitted sheet, and on the slitted sheet, I sit.
Speaker 6: I said, I am not trying that one. I do not.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's another one. A big black bear sat on a big black rug.
Speaker 2: David, big black bear sat on a big black rug.
Speaker 3: That one's pretty easy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, A big black bear sat on a big black rug.
Speaker 3: Well, I said, I said it was easy, but I guess not a big black bears had on a big black rug. Okay, nice, you guys are really good. Okay, which wrist rock? Oh my gosh, this one's hard for me. Okay, just say Irish wrist watch, Irish rises, Irish wrist watch.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, David, Irish, Irish Wish. Can't do it, Irish Irish wristwatch.
Speaker 5: Nope, hard Irish wrist watch.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now you guys are just gonna repeat after me. Okay, whether the weather be cold, or whether the weather be hot, or whether the weather be hot, we'll be together. We'll be together whatever the weather, whether we like it or not.
Speaker 1: That's an easy one. That off a little bit and do some of the ones solo. Here's Bailey's solo performance.
Speaker 3: Okay, unique new York, Unique New York. You know you need Unique New York. That's pretty easy. I want a crop, Okay, I want a proper cup of coffee and a proper copper coffee pot. Oh, it's pretty easy, and I can do that one.
Speaker 2: Somebody has nothing to do with top.
Speaker 3: Of the tim teeth, tip the tongue to the top of the teeth, tip of the tongue on the top of the teeth. We go through them like really really fast.
Speaker 2: Do the sheet one the sheet.
Speaker 3: I slit the sheet, the sheet, I slit, and on the slitted sheet, I sit. I can also do another one that could be could do it. I know how to enunciate. I can do it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I am a mother peasant plucker. I pluck mother pheasants. I'm the most pleasant, pleasant mother presant plucker to ever pluck a mother pheasant.
Speaker 5: Try that one.
Speaker 2: Nope, nope, puck Nope.
Speaker 3: Anyway, And Irish wristwatch is probably the hardest one for me.
Speaker 2: Irish wristwatch, Irish wrist watch.
Speaker 6: That was not even a whole phrase, And it's hard Irish just risk watch.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I like the ice slit the sheet, the sheet, I slid it on the slitted sheet. I said, that's pretty easy.
Speaker 2: That's impressive.
Speaker 1: Bailey, Seriously, some people learn how to like to know play chess, some people learn how to play cribbage, learn to juggle. Bailey sits and does tongue twisters.
Speaker 3: Real skills that they have.
Speaker 1: All Right, we'll do Dave's dirt coming up in a second. There is some development in the Savannah Guthrie thing with her mother, and we'll have details on that one. Kind of a shocking twist on that one, and we'll cover that on Dave's Dirt next on Katie w Ba Bailey on The Dave Ryan Show on one point three KDWB. A lot of dirt covers, So let's dive right in. So the latest update on Savannah Guthrie's mother, eighty four years old, disappeared. Last time anybody saw her at or home in Tucson was Saturday. And there's all kinds of theories and conspiracy theories that my friends are posting on on Instagram and Facebook, and I'm like, what, Like, I don't I'm honestly, I don't even want to get into it because it's just like it's crazy. But so, there is a ransom note. Apparently TMZ of all Places said they got an alleged ransom note for Savannah Guthrie's mom. What man, there's no oh wait, hold on, there is audio, but the button is not pushed. Hold on one second, and here we go.
Speaker 8: It's written like a ransom note, and there are very certain amounts of money, very specifically and also they say at the bottom there are certain things they're saying about what she was wearing and damage to the house.
Speaker 2: As if clearly saying to verify it's us. So they forwarded the note to police.
Speaker 8: We've contacted the sheriff's department and we want to get them this letter, and we had a little trouble getting through to the right person, but the person we spoke with is now forwarding this to somebody in the detective bureau.
Speaker 2: They said she had nest cameras. They were destroyed.
Speaker 1: They believe that the abductor or abductors must have known in advance where the cameras were, and that a car belonging to Savannah's sister was impounded as evidence. She was the last to see her mom alive on Saturday night. So would it be possible that the sister had something to do with.
Speaker 3: It, because how are they going to know where the nest cameras are?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: And why kidnap right an eighty four year old woman. So they say they wanted millions in bitcoin in the ransom note quote or else. So just weird and getting weird, And we will keep following on a little.
Speaker 5: Bit of a brighter note.
Speaker 4: Justin Bieber performed at the Grammy As if you missed it, he was just in boxer shorts and some socks. Well, he didn't want any kind of NSFW moments, so he did wear two pairs of undies Tidy Whitey's to contain the package under his Peggy boxers apparently, so in case you were wondering what was underneath there, there you go.
Speaker 3: Keeping me up at night. Tonight on ABC, The Muppet Show returns. It's very exciting thro.
Speaker 1: The show again from we are so excited to be back where it all started and then ended and then is maybe starting again depending on how tonight goes.
Speaker 9: It's a little bit show.
Speaker 2: And it starts right now. It's time to getting started.
Speaker 9: I don't believe they're doing the old show again.
Speaker 1: Well, if it ain't broke, No, they are broke, that's why they're doing it.
Speaker 2: Two old guys in the balcony were always my.
Speaker 3: Favorite, Waldorf and Styler.
Speaker 2: Sabrina Carpenter is on the guests though right.
Speaker 3: The special she's like the host this evening, and then Seth Rogan and Maya Roda Rudolph are special guests and uh Mims Piggy. She was asked if she felt scared performing with Sabrina Carpenter, and she said, was I intimidated? If anything? I think you should ask Sabrina if she was intimidated Byah. Anyway, I'm so excited for this question.
Speaker 7: The people at the Grammys are trying to not cover up what happened with Schaer, but just like pass it off as nothing. The producer Ben Winston said that Share wasn't the least been embarrassed.
Speaker 6: She's happy with it and she had a great time.
Speaker 7: And then he said because some of the theories were that they didn't prep Share or that she didn't have rehearsals, but he said, I promise you we had briefed her, and I promise you what she had to do wasn't the prompter.
Speaker 6: So he said, it wasn't on us, it was Share, but she's chilling. He actually said if he could go back in time, he'd want it to happen again.
Speaker 2: Oh not me. That was awkward and I'm comfortable.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: Ros It's like he's defending Share, like she's happy with it, but he's also liked that had nothing to do with us.
Speaker 1: If she messed up that's our problem. I'm gonna guess shares at an age. And I think that's part of her problem, is her attitude of I don't care, and she probably didn't show up for you know, she didn't read the notes. Yeah, like, Okay, here's what's going to happen, so I don't have to. Yeah, I'm in my share, I do what I want. Breaking Bad one of the most iconic homes in television history, the home where Walter White threw a pizza up on the roof. They did that shot in one take, and it's an actual home in Albuquerque. And the woman who let them film there as the exterior shots, she didn't realize this show was going to become iconic and people will show up and stand in your yard and take pictures. So she is selling the home. She's lived there for like thirty years, and she is now selling the home. She put it on the market for four million dollars. There are no takers. Nobody wants that home because everybody and their grandma is going to come by and stand across the street and get pictures. And you have I have Carson did it? Carson's watch Rake Breaking Bad three or four times Chase used to live there. He's done it before, and they are now dropping the price from four million to four hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: It's kind of a smaller house, right or am.
Speaker 2: I thinking not a big house? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So like that would be more around how much it would maybe go.
Speaker 1: Well, I believe so, yeah. I mean it's it's in a decent part of town. It's a decent house, but you're gonna put up with people. Like most people are going to be respectful, they're going to stand across the street, but there's going to be the occasional a hole who will try to crawl into your yard and get a picture, steal a rock from your guard, or throw a pizza on the roof. People have actually done that. They've thrown pizzas on the roof to get a picture.
Speaker 4: I wonder if they can make like a business out of it, like, hey, help me keep my property clean for photos and benmo me like put up most to our code and I bet just some people.
Speaker 2: Would idea Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Jason Bateman's under fire right now because he just had Charlie XCX on the podcast he does called SmartLess with Mother Guys and here's a clip of him explaining, well him talking to Charlie XS and what xcx and why he's under fire.
Speaker 9: You know all that could change.
Speaker 10: I love like the fantasy of having a child, like naming it sounds so fun, but like that is exactly assigned me as to why I should not have one, the fact that that feels like the coolest part about it.
Speaker 4: So she says she doesn't want to have kids, and then Jason continues.
Speaker 9: Out of this, you know all that could change.
Speaker 7: My wife did not want to have kids, So the story goes, so she tells.
Speaker 9: Me and she didn't and you adapted yours. And she said once once, once we started going out and she met, she was like, Okay, I think I can have a kid with this guy. So you might find somebody.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm married, I'm.
Speaker 9: Going to read a newspaper.
Speaker 3: It's okay. I was enjoyed.
Speaker 5: I knew immediately, like we're going to.
Speaker 10: Go and response, I was looking forward to it my next husband, you're going to kid all right?
Speaker 1: There is the dirt on kd WB back in the second sing along song of the day. We need your help, we need your suggestion, text us and let us know what song you want to sing along with. Then we'll probably call you and put you on the radio, so be ready for that too. Text me at KDWB one let me know what song you want to sing along with to boost your mood and get those endorphins and dopamine and things surging through your body. Singing to the great radio is is great for your mental health, so let's do it. What song though, Text me at KDWB what ala ala, Hello, Allison is on the phone. There's buttons everywhere. They're all flashing.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It is like wow, flashy, flashy, flashy flash, like a big news No.
Speaker 1: It's like a big computer in here. It's crazy. It's like a spaceship in here. Hi, Allison, how.
Speaker 2: Are you good?
Speaker 3: Morning? Guys?
Speaker 2: Are you good? What are you up to this morning?
Speaker 9: I am laying in bed working, that's my girl.
Speaker 1: You're propped up. You got a pillow behind your back. You're leaning up, You've got a computer on your lap, you got you're you're listening on a radio or on iHeart radio or on your computer.
Speaker 2: Heart iHeart Radio. Yeah.
Speaker 1: B cetis is a preset. That'd be kind of cool, but but what where do you live? I mean your address. No, I'm kidding. That's a that's a joke. That's a joke.
Speaker 2: Tell me a fun fact, Alison, about yourself.
Speaker 6: I have five dogs, and I have five of them.
Speaker 3: I'm the bed with me right now. What kind of dogs are they?
Speaker 4: We have two Colliaues, two Cheltis, and a Pomeranian.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of dogs. Do you have a partner on the bed with you that you share all this space with?
Speaker 3: Yes, but she's already at work.
Speaker 2: She's already at work.
Speaker 3: What size bed is this? It's a king okay, said collies and then Shelties are just like the miniature version of a colleague.
Speaker 1: Well, that's all the Colleiues are a lot of dog What is your partner? What does she say about having five dogs on the bed?
Speaker 9: Husband and she? I mean, they're fine, They're.
Speaker 1: Fine, They're fine. She calls the Alison calls the shots in his house. Feeling Alison enough prying? What song should I play for you for your sing along? Song of the day?
Speaker 9: Tikhock ry Kesha.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. It's Kesha, going back like two thousand and eight. It's an old song and sing along.
Speaker 2: It'll boost your mood. Alison have a great day.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, you too.
Speaker 2: Jenny's been on Reddit.
Speaker 4: If you've ever filed for a divorce and you wrote down irreconcilable differences?
Speaker 5: What were those differences?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Okay, so we're gonna talk about some people, because I feel like that's every single celeb couple that is a divorce.
Speaker 5: It's like, all right, well, what were the actual difference is? We want to know?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, this is what people aren't read.
Speaker 3: Are saying.
Speaker 4: We had a lot in common. Unfortunately, one thing we both had in common was that we're attracted to men.
Speaker 5: That was a woman taking it, and that happens.
Speaker 2: I can't reconcile that one.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: This guy said, she went to dog sit for a friend and it was the most peaceful week I have known in years. A wonderful person, but her habits and energies just did not align with us.
Speaker 5: She then, of course, they get a divorce.
Speaker 4: She goes on to move in with a friend, and that friend kicked her out as well because she was just an awful person to live with.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they went to dog sit and they realized how wonderful it felt.
Speaker 2: To be alone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just had the house him style, and he's like, wow, this is nice. This woman said, my husband stole my bonus money and bought a corvette. We were supposed to use that money to adopt a child.
Speaker 5: Oh poor choices.
Speaker 2: I want a corvette. But moving on.
Speaker 5: Okay, this one's just straightforward.
Speaker 4: He was a c you next Tuesday, and so was I. All right, this one's says three months in he dropped the bomb that he never wanted kids. We've literally already picked names out and talked about them like real people for years.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 4: I had that sort of happen to a friend and they are also not divorced.
Speaker 2: Got to agree on that. Yeah, a lot of people don't.
Speaker 7: But yeah, if it's something you talk about, yeah, don't leave me on.
Speaker 4: My husband he was in the Marines and he gave one of his coworkers because they were bored at work, irreconcilable differences.
Speaker 2: How did she find out? She come home and he come home and say, yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Know, well, because they were at work, charging.
Speaker 1: Slaughter needed a hum hum charging slaughter. That's a wrestler.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's like she sounds much.
Speaker 4: This one sounds like not a funny one, but it said I wanted peace. He wanted an argument, and so he just always wanted to know.
Speaker 2: People like that. Everything's in argument.
Speaker 4: This one said, he didn't appear to like me much, and that's kind of a deal breaking for making with most people I've dated.
Speaker 3: I don't think you like me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I realize I don't like you.
Speaker 4: This woman said, I thought he cheated. It was drugs, so much drugs, well, and a little cheating thrown in there as well.
Speaker 2: I guess I knew a couple. Seriously.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot about like alcohol and drugs.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to find the funnier one.
Speaker 1: The funnier like the irreconcilable difference is what does that mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and once again, more with cheating.
Speaker 4: We both thought that we should have sex more often, except she didn't mean with me, so she went off and did her own thing. Another one is he just this one's stupid, but he just snored and farted too loud.
Speaker 5: Irreconcilable difference.
Speaker 1: Seriously, I mean, go sleep in the other room. But I think the thing is, if you love somebody, you'll get past the snoring and the farting. But that can be the last straw you don't love them. It's like, you know what, nothing about you is appealing anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm also get to see pep that.
Speaker 4: But also mouth tape is what I've been hearing from a lot of people.
Speaker 5: Helps with snoring too.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 4: Those are some air reconcilable differences for divorces from REDDA today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thank you, Jenny. Well do you can't make this stuff up?
Speaker 1: Coming up in a second on Katie o'ble to be forget about improving yourself. Twenty twenty six is the year to work on Well, I'll tell you about it next. They say that twenty twenty six is the year to not improve yourself, but to work on your home.
Speaker 4: Oh huh.
Speaker 1: A new survey says almost half of us have tackled the renovation of some sort of the past year, and another one third already had projects in the pipeline for twenty twenty six. Nearly two thirds think this is gonna be the biggest home renovation year yet. What's driving this though, Well, about one third of us it's all about boosting curb appeal. Another third says their place just feels outdated and needs a refresh. That's probably what Jenny did, because your house was built probably in the fifties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's an older Saint Louis Park house, so yeah, it was very it's very compact, and everything about it's old.
Speaker 2: So I love old houses like that.
Speaker 1: I mean houses that are built in the fifties, sixties or a thirties or whatever, because you walk in and you can feel in a pleasant way the ghosts of the people that lived there and grew up there, and the kids that played in the bedroom and mom making you know, like loved dinner in the kitchen wearing an apron and pearls back in the fifties, and Dad's smoking a pipe with his slippers and a bottle of scotch, because I think that's what they did. They would have a pipe and newspaper and then drink, drink a bottle of scotch. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: And there was the world back then.
Speaker 1: By the way, I got Wordle, it was a tricky one. Today I got Wordle in five and then I did not get connections because connections was e vill today.
Speaker 2: Vil I'm sorry. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So in another little piece of news here, I don't know if you're old enough to remember, the minute made frozen juice cans. It was frozen juice, concentrated cane in the can about the size of a pop can, and you would, you know, empty it out and dump it into a pitcher, and then you would put water in there. Three cans of water per if. I remember, because we grew up with that stuff. They're not making anymore. People don't buy it anymore. They're not gonna they're gonna stop making it. So you might see a little bit here and there in the cub and the LUNs and buyer leies, but they're gonna phase that out because shoppers want more convenient options, like juice that's already made.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we always had the orange juice one of the can because my mom had us have orange juice every morning for breakfast, so she always had that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the frozen orange juice. Yep, we did too.
Speaker 7: Yep, minute made orange juice. Well, the fruit punch guy, I mean for breakfast apple juice bin for breakfast.
Speaker 11: Apple.
Speaker 4: And I feel like every once in a while order an apple juice at brunch and people look at me and they're like, what are you twelve? And I was like, oh, I get it, for bid, It's delicious.
Speaker 7: I totally get why people think apple juice, because apple juice comes in like it just looks kiddish.
Speaker 4: I have to shout out Wanita because she sent me a DM yesterday and she said, look what I found at CUB. Apparently they sell the Texas Roadhouse honey cinnamon butter spread.
Speaker 3: She sent that to me, s I was like, girl, I know what's going on my grocery list.
Speaker 4: Just hot tip you can go to CUB to get that delicious Texas Roadhouse.
Speaker 1: Also a little tip, they also sell Yum Yum sauce like over at Benni Hanna. They sell that at CUB as well. Most grocery stores carry it. Now you used to be hard to find. Now it's easy.
Speaker 4: I think I saw that recently, but I didn't know if it was like the legit kind.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: It is it's a more stable version of it because the stuff that they sell over at Bennie Hanna, it's basically made with raw eggs, and you can't really keep raw eggs for very long. But this stuff will stay in your refrigerator undercovered for you know, your cover, for about six years.
Speaker 7: Shows.
Speaker 1: We did this last week. A couple of weeks ago, we did the soup brackets. And this is National Homemade Soup Day. So according to Ranker, here are the best soups. What came out number one with us buy Do you remember chicken?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, now that is more of a Minnesota, Upper Midwest kind of a thing, because that didn't make the top ten. Didn't even crack it with this ranking. Number one was chicken noodle, than tomato, beef stew, French onion, chicken, cream of potato, oh, chili, clam chowder, chicken dumpling, and ramen. Okay, those are your biggest soups. And finally, today National Girls and Women in Sports Day. The Winter Olympics starts on Friday. Women make up about half of the total of the athletes. That's an increase from about forty five percent in twenty twenty two. Women will compete in fifty events. That is the highest number in Winter Games history. New women's events include freestyle skime, dual moguls.
Speaker 2: Is that two athletes going down at the same time.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of duel mogos.
Speaker 1: Loge doubles, and large hills ski jumping.
Speaker 4: Ooh, you guys probably covered this last week when I was out, But how Lindsay Vaughn had a big crash when she was practicing for the Olympics. I just looked it up and it says that she will compete in the Olympics coming up. Yeah, even though she's got a torn ACL from that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a little more on that.
Speaker 11: I completely ruptured my ACL. I also have bone bruising plus mys schal damage, which we're not sure if that was.
Speaker 3: Pre existing or from the crash.
Speaker 11: I know what my chances were before the crash, and I know my chances aren't the same as it stands today. But I know there's still a chance. And as long as there's a chance, I will try.
Speaker 2: She is sixty eight years old. Sixty eight, I believe, but she is.
Speaker 4: I just looked at her age because she grew up here in the Twin City.
Speaker 1: She learned to ski at buck Hill. You learned to ski at buck Hill. If you drive by buck Hill, look up on the slopes. That's where Lyndsa Lindsay Vaughn learned to ski.
Speaker 4: Wow, which they say that if you grow up learning how to skier snowboard in the Midwest, you're able to skier snowboard anywhere. Because we learn on ice basically yeah.
Speaker 5: So you just like know how to be better.
Speaker 6: Yeah, skiing will ever be my thing.
Speaker 7: I was watching, well, I told you, I watched that movie Frozen where they got stuck in the ski thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then I was watching videos of Frozen.
Speaker 2: There's two versions of Frozen.
Speaker 1: Now there's the Disney Frozen and then the stupid Frozen where four skiers get trapped onto a ski lift and nobody comes to rescue that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that one, And then afterwards I watched the else, It's a Frozen Day, to feel.
Speaker 5: A little bit better after watching the other one.
Speaker 7: But I watched, yeah, the ski lift one, and then I watched videos of people that learned how to ski, and there was transplants, right, because most people that grow up here know how to do it just because they've grown up doing it, and I don't think I can learn how to do it.
Speaker 4: I would argue that most people don't actually know how to snowboard. It's it's a sport that like it's expensive, A yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: And B yeah, I just got into it because of like a partner.
Speaker 1: Hey, Alexa, what percentage of people in Minnesota ski or snowboard?
Speaker 12: About three percent of the US population skis or snowboards annually. Let me check Minnesota specific numbers for you. While I don't have the exact percentage for Minnesota, it's likely higher than the national average of three percent. Given Minnesota's winter culture.
Speaker 5: Winter culture, probably five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say it's not most.
Speaker 1: I mean, I grew up in Colorado, and the image in Colorado is everybody skis.
Speaker 2: No rich people skied.
Speaker 1: I was POI we had a pine cone and a rock to play with that we had played with.
Speaker 3: You have one on Katie, and I guess, yeah, she is kind of she was like definitely a rich kid when I was growing up a dentist.
Speaker 6: What about snowboarding or snowshoeing? Is that more popular that.
Speaker 5: Are to learn how to learn how to snowshoe?
Speaker 6: You just walk?
Speaker 2: You just walked. It's awkward, though, it's it's awkward.
Speaker 1: Okay, really, let's be what's on your radar because we always like to share something that we found that's kind of really cool. I'll go first, I'll go fast.
Speaker 9: Here.
Speaker 1: It's a guy on Instagram that speaks every language that you can imagine, and he's I believe he's from Japan originally, and he's a genius when it comes to speaking foreign languages. So he goes up to people in different cities and he's like, hey, I'll bet I can speak your language, and they're always like, no, you can't. I'm from Lithuania. And then he does, I'll show you an example. Here's what it sounds like.
Speaker 3: I think I can speak your language.
Speaker 6: I can almost please say something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm from Lithuania. Can I stick Lithuania?
Speaker 6: Love us, kip sucks, love us?
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 1: Really, So he'll go up to somebody who's like from another country and he'll be like, I bet I can speak your language. Like no, I speak Turkish or I speak Greek or I speak whatever, and he always amazes them because he can speak their language. Now, the tricky part is it's on Instagram. But it's a tricky name. It's ug and I'm not even gonna spell it. Just look up guy who Instagram, guy who speaks multiple languages.
Speaker 3: Check on Dave Ryan's show page because you're gonna end up posting about it.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right about that. I'll put it on my story right now so you can go check it out.
Speaker 2: There's mine.
Speaker 5: Mine is a show called We Were Liars.
Speaker 4: It was new last summer, so you might have seen it already, but it's on Amazon Prime. It's a psychological thriller where a woman basically gets in an accident and she has amnesia as to what actually happened, so the whole season is trying to figure out what happened. And oh my gosh, the season finale crushed me. I've never cried so hard about a show.
Speaker 5: Just bear with it.
Speaker 4: It gets a little bit slow in between, but it's called We Were Liars on Amazon Prime.
Speaker 3: On my radar, speaking of building up your home and renovating your home, the Minnesota Tool Library is what's on my radar because it is like a lending library of over eight thousand tools, so you don't have to go and buy your own, you can just go and rent them like a regular library. And then they also have like a workshop space where you can take like classes, and then they have like staff members who can give you advice on how to use the tools.
Speaker 5: And is that actual public libraries right or no?
Speaker 3: No, it's like it's called the Minnesota Tool Library.
Speaker 5: I will some public libraries have tools you can run.
Speaker 3: It's in Northeast Minneapolis.
Speaker 6: And on my radar.
Speaker 7: It's a restaurant here in Saint Louis Park's called Ariana Kebab and Gyro Bistro. It was the best chicken swarma that I've had in a long time. It's like Middle Eastern food.
Speaker 1: So if you miss any of this, we'll put this up online on Dave Ryan's show on Instagram. What's on our radar some things we want to share with you. We'll be back in a second with basically the questions you need to talk to your new partner about before things get too serious. Bailey needs to have this conversation, but you're putting it off. We'll go over the questions you need to ask coming up now,