Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Look yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, Tamle Cats.
Speaker 5: Hie everybody, and welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Friday, July of third. You're Los Angeles Dodgers, fifty seven and thirty one on this season, first place atop the NL West. They have a thirteen game lead in the division after a comfort behind win last night against the Padres. Tonight, back at it in this four game series against San Diego. Show, Hey, o Tani on the mount first Uniclowfield. That Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we're gonna get to a lot here on Morago Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager Tommy. The manager Dave Roberts coming up in twenty minutes. Tommy Edmund is gonna be joining David Vassy coming up in forty five minutes. We got your Dodgers' magical moment. Charlie Steiner stops by to get his thoughts after last night's come from behind win. We'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA the latest Dodgers injuries news and yes some progress is being made with Will Smith more on that. Coming up, We got your o Tani rewind and at just a few minutes out to the galloping Ford Broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 5: Last night, it was a rocky start for Rokie, but turned into a dominating Dodgers win. Rookie Sasaki got the start. The young right hander was hit hard. Padres jumped out to an early two to nothing lead in the first and pushed it to a six to nothing lead in the second. Manny Machado, Jackson, Merril g Cronaworth all tee it off on Sasaki. Rookie losted just three innings, gave up six runs on seven hits, including the three home runs. The Dodgers found themselves in a big hole to dig out of. They were down six to nothing, but they slowly chipped away. Bottom of the second, Dalton Rushing.
Speaker 8: First time in two years a Dodgers starter, he's given up six or more runs in the first two innings of the game. It was a fly ball the deep bleck center field heading on back to the war and it is gone.
Speaker 9: A two run home run for Dalton Rushing.
Speaker 1: So his hot hit, he continued.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers were on the board six to two, San Diego.
Speaker 9: Well they've got to chip away, man, That's exactly what they have done now to.
Speaker 5: Run home run for Dalton Rushing, his tenth of the year. Dodgers on the board down six to two. Then in the third, Max Munsey and RBI double Dodgers down six to three. Kyle Tucker and RBI single, Dodgers down six to four. You see where I'm going with this. Dodgers would chase Padre starter Randy Vasquez, but then they really got after the Padres bullpit in the fourth against Wandy bar Walta, first two Dodgers reached two batters later, Andy Paz a two run double down the left field line that tied the game at six. The Dodgers weren't done. Two batters later, Mookie.
Speaker 8: Monthsly on deck two and two Bets bangs went into left center piel.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be and a hit.
Speaker 10: That's gonna roll over the wall in the score.
Speaker 8: Is pa Hez arriving at second base with the stand up double Mookie bets and the Dodgers take a seven to six lead.
Speaker 5: Here the more they ain't that's what they did. RBI double for Mookie. That's the top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. Dodgers grabbed a seven to six lead, and they still weren't done. In the inning. Next batter, Max Mounts the RBI single. Dodgers completely flipped the scoreboard with four runs on six hits in the fourth inning to take an eight to six lead, and the Dodgers' offense continue two more in the fifth on the tom of he Edmond RBI double. Then he scored on a wild pitch. In the sixth tallon rush sack fly squorter run, and the eight Dalton rushing RBI singles squared a run Dodgers a twelve to six lead. The Dodgers bullpen also did their part Brock Stewart at Gardo Enriquez, Tanner, Scott Alex Vesio Will Kline combined to shut the door, throwing five and a third scoreless innings After Sasaki's rocky start, Dodgers go on to win at twelve to seven, overcoming a six to nothing deficit. Dalton rushing Kyle Socker each with four hits apiece. Will Klein gets the winning relief. Dodgers, with the win, improved to a major league best fifty seven and thirty one on this season, and now they have a commanding thirteen game lead in the NL West. Tonight, Dodgers look to do it again. Show Hey Otani on the Mount Hill also DH first pitch at seven ten and with more We head out to the Gaping four broadcast with as we say hello to Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, All right, Tim, Happy fourth of July weekend to you and everybody tuning in with us on the Dodgers Audio Network MO. The Dodgers kicked off this four game sitting against the Padres with one of the more thrilling victories of the yearly fall down six nothing, then they score the next twelve runs on route to a twelve seven win. It's the largest comeback they've had all year.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, the Dodgers have really kind of set precedents too. If you look at recent games, Stephen and how they've been able to score runs. I mean, it's incredible what they've done. In fact, the last ten games the Dodgers have played, they've ounscored the opposing teams sixty four runs to forty one. But they have helped create scoring opportunities day in and day out. Oh, there's been a couple of cluckers in there, but overall, I mean, how can you argue with a thirteen game lead in front of both Arizona and San Diego now in the Western Division of the National League.
Speaker 2: Can't argue with it at all. Was the first time since May thirteenth, nineteen fifty one that the Dodgers trailed the game by at least six runs and then won that same game by at least five runs. And the offense is on some kind of terrible seventeen hits that matches the season high. Of course, they've done that a bunch. It's the sixth time that's happened this year, and four times in the last nine games.
Speaker 9: You know, what I really like is the fact that the offense now and we've talked to this for a number of years, this isn't just this year the selection of pitches from a hitting standpoint with the opportunity to score runs to create havoc for the other ball club. But this is a ball club too that if you look at recent games from top to bottom of the lineup, it's not just one section of the lineup. Is really they kind of gang up on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think the most encouraging parts of last night's performance offensively were what the Dodgers saw in the six and eight spots of the or that's Kyle Tucker and that's Dalton Rushing, And today they are in those same spots, Tucker batting six and Dalton Rushing batting eight. Have those guys be perfect at the plate when this season has gone anything but perfectly, Hopefully is the sign of things to come for those two.
Speaker 9: Well, it's easy to say there's better swings, but there's no offens and mutch about it. We've seen now the last two or three games Kyle Tucker take much better swings. Dalton Rushing last night I think he put on a clinic. As far as the hitting, I mentioned last night during the ballgame, different hitters. You have to trust your hands. That means being able to get the barrel of bat through the hitting zone and rushing. Last night was absolutely superb in doing that. The two run hole run which really broke the scoring ice for the Dodgers because at that time, in the bottom of the second inning, the Dodgers are already down six to nothing. They cut the lead and we send it the time. Look, they need to peck away. That's exactly what they did and to come from behind.
Speaker 2: All right, that's gonna do it for this particular segment, Tim as we get it back to you. I can't remember the last time it was a show. Hey old Tani start day and we didn't talk about him in the old scene set. It's a battle of aces Otani against Michael Kaine. We'll get into that pitching matchup and to keep from mo a little bit later.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you. Nelly has been counting down to first bitch on this Friday and night, Dodger fans, what you doing for dinner? I'm gonna get your game day meal on It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor or your Shaky's Pizza shaking and Mojo's right now and Shaky's dot Com. We're off and running here on Dodgers on Deck. Coming up, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts, David Va Sego's high and tight with Tommy Emmon. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next your otani rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from sports Net LA Busy hour coming up, so he lead you up to Dodgers m Padres on this Friday night. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kates. Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio numbers.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the Padres on this Friday night. Dodgers winners last night, coming back from six runs down to win. They've got a thirteen game lead in the division. First pitch tonight coming up at seventen.
Speaker 3: This is the Otani rewhy asking is is trying to break a pattern.
Speaker 9: The first inning has been very problematic. Is era just under seven and a half.
Speaker 8: You know, one round ball base hitting the right field throw tana leadoff single in the Battle of the first Show.
Speaker 5: Hey o'ton show Otani last night won for four on base twice, including a walk, now hitting two ninety one of four to zero six on base percentage. His hit one of the dodgers seventeen total they had in the game as they come back to beat the Padres last night twelve to seven.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 5: Hey Kirston now joins us live from the ravine before the Dodgers and Padres. Brought to you by Cars for Kids donat now Cars for Kids dot Org. That's Cars with the k. Before we get into the latest injury news, Kirston Dodgers' big win last night, six runs down, come back and get the win. And tonight, oh yeah, some guy named show Hey Otani on the mound and he's well rested.
Speaker 11: Dave Roberts had coming into this one. They are really hoping that now not only can he work through a few things that he had been kind of struggling with, whether there is that fastball command. We know his last outing had a tough second inning with Dalton rushing, but was able to ultimately kind of get back on track. He did take over the pitch calling, and then he had that conviction with his stuff with what he wanted to throw, ultimately to close out his outing in Minneapolis on a high note. So the hope for him coming into today not only is his knee in a better spot. You know, he's been dealing with that knee inflammation, but Dave said today that Shohey has shared with him that this is the best the knee has felt. He's well rested, and the hope is that he can come in give length. There was that technically, you know, a shorter outing for Roki yesterday, so it did turn into a bullpen game. But the hope is today Shohy can just do what he's been so good on the mound this year. And as much as the eleven runs in his last three outings haven't been as sharp, he's still been really good. Just looking to kind of tap back into that sharpness and excellence that we know he has.
Speaker 5: In there now. The good news is the Dodgers are trickling back players, whether it's pitchers or position players. Tommy Yeedman's been on terra since he's come back it looks like Will Smith is progressing, at least on a comeback.
Speaker 11: He is progressing, you know, he obviously still has some time and they're not trying to rush him. They want him to be completely healthy before he returns to gameplay and is likely going to need a rehab assignment because you know, it's taking a little bit longer with that neck injury, and even Dave Roberts has made it clear he's not coming.
Speaker 1: Back before the All Star break.
Speaker 11: But the good thing is, and I spoke with him briefly today, he is feeling a little bit better. He's been playing catch. Actually we thought he had it resumed any baseball activity, but he shared with me today that he has been playing ketch. He took some swings in the cage yesterday, and the fact that he's able to play catch today, that's a really good sign that he's come out of it feeling good. So he did say it's still a little there's some discomfort that he's still working through, but ultimately it's continuing to progress. And he made it clear he was like, you know, it's just it's not something he can rush, so he's taking the time. But he did say that you know, day by day he's feeling better, which is a great sign for.
Speaker 5: Will Kyle Tucker's been on a tear as of late. The only last thing you want to do is ruin what a guy's got going.
Speaker 11: On, right, Yeah, exactly, I'm gonna be honest. Okay, So coming into this game today, you know, he's been on time.
Speaker 1: He's been on base nine straight times.
Speaker 11: He had the four walks when the team was in Sacramento to close out that series. Then yesterday he has a four hit game, then in his final plate appearance has another walk. So he has been perfect at the plate recently. And I had to sit down with him, we're talking about it, and he was just like, you know, I'm seeing the ball really well, all positive things, feeling really confident at the plate. And we all know for Kyle it's been a bit of an up and down year where he's had success, had a big game, and then unfortunately the next few days to follow not the same results. So hopefully he can keep it going. But I said, I was like, you know, nine in a row, let's keep it going, right Kyle, And he goes, no pressure, I go, well, you know what, I personally apologize to everyone if it happen to be the one who brought up the stats and mess it up. But you know what, I have faith in him and he's feeling good. So we're gonna hope it keeps coming.
Speaker 5: We'll see some more positive results to I no doubt about it. Here said shit, we'll check in with you after the game. Still the come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, David Veas goes one on one with Tommy Edman. We'll get you an injury report and well here from the manager, Dave Roberts. Next, as we lead you up to Dodgers and Padres first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 12: On your home for the Blue.
Speaker 5: All Season Low Wrongo Casino Dodgers on decad ten US on this Friday, ninth, July the third. As we lead up to first pitch, Dodgers and Podres Marogo Casino Resort and Spa. It's a Grand Slam for good time show. Hey, O Tani and Michael King. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 3: He's the La Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 5: Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official Medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Blake trying it on the IL with the right elbow inflammation. Will Smith. Good news on the IL with the next one information. But he's starting to do baseball I activities, as is Kei k Hernandez, who is on the IL with the oblique injury. Blake Snell throwing, that is good news. Edwin Diaz throwing, that is good news. Evan Phillips, It's just a matter of time before the right hander gets activated off the injured list. So to back out to the ravine and get the pregame thought to the Dodgers skipper, the questions for Dave.
Speaker 12: Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 13: You know, he feels good, you know, the body feels good. Certainly we did this, you know, methodically, giving him some extra time and feel that, you know, we should reap the benefits today. So you know, he's been fine, but I think that today, you know, given the opponent the rest, I think you should be a good one tonight.
Speaker 11: Between addings, feed obviously talk so much about him adult Pression's relationship and.
Speaker 8: Then patting that contract together.
Speaker 1: What do you want to see just when it comes to.
Speaker 11: How they work togetheravigating through their lineup and.
Speaker 1: Either we didn't see showing he took over the pitch.
Speaker 11: Calling it in that back after the outing of the Indianapolis, But how do you Suna see kind of come back.
Speaker 13: Together and work together to I think it's gonna be I think it's gonna be good. I really do. I think that, you know, Dalton will call the game is my expectation. And then if Shoey wants to kind of interject a pitch here there, then great, he has that right. But as far as kind of the relationship, as far as pitcher catcher, I think it's.
Speaker 12: Going to be great.
Speaker 13: And sometimes, you know, you got to go through certain things to kind of get to another point. So I think that, you know, I think we can probably we'll look back on that outing and go, you know what, that was good for both of them.
Speaker 2: Do you want to see show hey, when he does feel convicted about a pitch just call it in himself.
Speaker 13: Basically, Yeah, And I think that's what we would want from any of our pitchers, you know, I mean because it's it's you know, there are two separate minds, and so if a pitcher feels really convicted about a certain pitch, sure override it.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 5: There's the manager, Dave Roberts, talking about having Dalton Rushing catch show Hey Otani again tonight and having confidence that things will go well, unlike what happened in the second inding in Minnesota in his last star. Well we get in. You're here on Margo Casino Dodgers on Deck. More on that with David vat Say and Will Smith getting closer to returning. Dave's got the latest as we lead up to Dodgers and Padres from Uniclo Field to Dodger Stadium. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audi you.
Speaker 3: Know where as we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Hits the Dodgers and the Padres on this Friday night show, Hey Otani back on the hill, first pitch coming up at seven.
Speaker 3: Ten, Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 5: Right, DV, it's been a long time since we've seen show a Otani on the mound. It was Minnesota when he made that start against the Twins, and that was also the last time he and Dalton Rushing had a little back and forth in that second India.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and honestly, Tim the miscommunication not being on the same page, it's been ironed out. They understand a little bit better where each guy's coming from. Dalton Rushing in particular has a better understanding. You know, it's time to follow Otani's lead on challenges and whatever pitches he wanted to throw. I know Dave Roberts said that Rushing is going to call the pitches, But when I was talking to Rushing at about three forty five this afternoon, he still hadn't had the game plan meeting with Otani and Mark Pryor, So it still remains to be seen who is going to call the pitches. And it's going to be pretty obvious when we see Otani throw his first pitch tonight, whether or not he goes to the pitch com But Mookie Beds has this podcast that two or three years running and Max Munsey was his guest in Sacramento, and there's a video that sports net LA has as Rushing follows Otani down into the tunnel at Target Field in Minneapolis. You see Muncie and Mookie uh bend over to look down the tunnel, but not Dare go down the steps, and they actually talked about that on the podcast.
Speaker 4: Well, I want to speak a little bit about this situation in Minnesota where Rush and Show. Hey, you know, everybody kind of saw it when they go down and we got to go down and look at me and you done that. We're just being nosy.
Speaker 5: Hey, anyway, what y'all doing down there?
Speaker 4: I was really just kind of seeing how this is going to play out, what was possibly going to be said.
Speaker 14: I think it's a good growing moment for both guys. The Show's not always gonna be able to throw to Will and this is one of those moments where it was like, hey, sometimes Show wants to throw a pitch that maybe isn't the best pitch to throw. You learn how to deal with that, right the more you've been in those types of situations.
Speaker 4: What I really enjoyed was like how Rush later on took accountability. He knows that he has a lot.
Speaker 5: On his plate.
Speaker 14: You're the catch first staff, that's first in baseball for in a lot of categories. So you know, yeah, that's a lot on your plate, and he's done an amazing job handling it.
Speaker 1: He'll just keep learning.
Speaker 14: Not one of us knew how to handle that situation at that nut stage. No how many times were you peek around the corner and I was breaking a bat down in the tunnel or something, you.
Speaker 6: Know, yeah that happened. I remember when Munsey we get a little too upset. In fact, sometimes when I'm near the dugout during games, tim I still helm here. Monthsey get a little too upset. And look, that's the emotions of playing professional sports that a lot of fans don't get to see. Rushing understands the emotions that boil over. He has to control and sometimes even go into the tunnel so the cameras don't catch it. So tonight I wouldn't expect any drama.
Speaker 5: Tavid has brought to you by ford Ford to celebrate the Fourth of July with employee pricing for everyone. That's American value for American values. Don't wait for into your Southern California for dealers today and we'll visit by Ford now dot com to drive home your best deal. All right, DV, what's the ladiest with Keyka and Will Smith? Are they getting closer?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 6: Will Smith ran away from me at his locker today when I try to interview him about how his next feeling. So he was good enough to run away from me in the clubhouse. Then I saw him come out on the field and he was playing catch. But I can tell you this, Tim, when he looked to his left, you could tell the neck is still stiff where he doesn't have full mobility of the neck looking to his left, and that's actually as a right handed hitter the way you're supposed to look at the pitchers, so you can understand why. And Dave Roberts, you heard him say that Smith took swings in the batting cage. Don't get too excited. From what I was told, it was only seven swings and that was that was it. So it's going to be until after the All Star break when Will Smith returns. But they're in good hands with Dalton rushing. As far as keith Y Hernandez goes, Tim, he's been taking ground balls at third base over the course of the last week, including the last couple of days since the team returned home. But today was the first day that he took batting practice on the field, and that's a big step considering he's dealing with the left oblique injury. He's not close to coming back before the All Star break, and it's still really uncertain when he's going to come back at all. But he will come back. I shouldn't say at all. I'm just saying it's uncertain the day that he will come back after the All Star break. But he seemed to be fine after taking those swings today.
Speaker 5: Well, positive steps for both those guys. David reappreciate it. Dodgers Baseball is brought to by al Poto, born in La and made for your game day. A Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salsas and hot sauces right to you al Poto Gourmet and it can coming up. We'll get your Dodgers magical moment. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kason's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers the Padres on this Friday Night Dodgers Baseball, brought to you by Disney and the all new action movie Mowanna. This Summer, Mowanna and the legendary Maui, along with Poa and Hey Hey set sail on the adventure of a lifetime. See it all on the biggest scream possible Disney's Live action Moanna, Only in theaters July tenth.
Speaker 10: What a hot Dog? Who wants that hot cod?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment.
Speaker 3: It's Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 5: Well we go back to April seventeenth, twenty twenty one, down at Petco Park in San Diego, bottom of the ninth inning, Dodgers clinging to it to nothing lead, but the Padres were threatening.
Speaker 15: The Dodgers in search of their fourth shutout of the year and their thirteenth win and a winning streak of eight.
Speaker 8: But is Gonzales to fam between now and then, swinging a fly ball in the center field diving catch made by Bets and the.
Speaker 15: Dodgers win it a spectacular play by Mookie Bitts. If he doesn't get it it's a tie game.
Speaker 10: Instead, Bits saves the day and.
Speaker 15: The Dodgers shut out the Padres two to nothing.
Speaker 5: That's what some call a mooky moment, a spectacular catch to in the game, Dodgers prevailed two to nothing over the Padres. This Hoffy magical moment brought to by Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffey Soakou's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hoffey hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on desk, we will check in with Charlie Steiner. He leads up to first pitch Dodgers M Padres. I'm Tim Kases the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Oh you know.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers.
Speaker 12: On your home for the Blue All.
Speaker 5: Season log Dodgers and Padres squaring off on this Friday night game two of this four game weekend sets show. Hey Otani on the Mountain. Time now for the Verizon startup is we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today. We check in now with Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 8: All right, Tim, The Dodgers keep rolling right along twenty six games over five hundred and thirteen in front of both the Padres and the Arizona Diamondbacks. In winning eight of their last ten. The team is hitting three twenty one and there are the Padres, who are now five hundred. They're tied with Arizona thirteen behind the Dodgers three out of their wild card raings. This after the Dodgers come from behind win last night, And where do you want to begin, mom, And just looking back it last night, you got San Diego off to a six nothing lead, and then they took on water in a hurry, and the Dodgers just had their way with them the rest of the way.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think the big blast that you and I talked about it to down six to nothing and then in the bottom of the second inning a leadout single by Kyle Tucker won out. Later the two run home run by Dalton Rushing, and then what we talked about right there is that, okay, six to two, Well, the Dodgers needed to pack away. That's exactly what they did because they not only scored in the second, then they came back, scored in the third, the fourth, the fifth, the sixth, They took the seventh inning off and then for good measure, scored again in the eighth inning. So they just created opportunities to put runs on the board and then accomplished that opportunity.
Speaker 8: You mentioned Tucker and Dalton rushing, they both went four for four last night, Bett's Munsey and Edmund they had two hits apiece as the Dodgers with seventeen more base hits twelve and the answered runs until the Padres scored won late.
Speaker 9: Yeah, began to start to look to what the Dodgers were able to do on this road trip. And now, as you mentioned winning eight of the ten games, I mean they've done it in very fine fashion because in those ten games Dodgers have outscored the opposing teams combined sixty four runs to forty one. So there is a big disparity as far as what the runs are being shown up on the scoreboard, and the Dodgers one of the things that they do when the dust has settally come up with eight wins in the last ten games run differential.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers by far have the largest one hundred and sixty two runs better than their opponent's next best Milwaukee one hundred and twenty four. Let's talk about Sasaki for a moment, because last night he struggled again. His last four starts, he's gone seventeen innings, giving up nineteen runs, twenty one hits, fifteen strikeouts, and just as alarmingly, eleven walks. He's got an era of over ten. What do you see happening out?
Speaker 9: Well, there were some questions about rookie Sasaki. They were given to Dave Roberts by the members of the me a couple of hours prior to go football game, and they asked about Sasaki and Roberts was saying when asked, is he tipping his pitches? And for Roberts said, that's something that we are looking at. So then he was also asked as he's stay in the rotation, and the quote was, we'll see. So you know, there's going to be a turnaround some at some particular point. We were hoping last night we might see that because the velocity really held up. I mean it's throwing it ninety eight miles an hour, but there was a leadoff double on the very first pitch that he threw. Okay, fine, sometimes they get ambushed on that sharply hit ball right back to the mound in that first ending, and then the two run home run by Manny mcchato. He also gave up a three run home run to Jake Croninworth in the second thing, so all told, three home runs Sasaki gave up. I didn't think that his pitches were necessarily picked up. If they're saying, well, he's tipping his pitches, I thought very poor location of the pitches and they got whacked.
Speaker 8: That was I guess pition of command and control.
Speaker 9: And I don't think he had either no and not consistently. And you know, we've seen this hockey pitch much much better than what we saw in last night's ball game. You know, six runs, yes, the seven hints. But Charlie was another game where a very high pitch count. I mean, eighty eight pitches in three innings. And if you look at the outing before they had San Diego down on Saturday, the last outing he made eighty one pitches and that was only in four innings, So I mean the pitch count is just really off the charts.
Speaker 8: And I've totally we mentioned during the game last night he wears his emotions, his confidence on his sleeve, and almost from the get go he was fighting from against the ropes and never could get out into the middle of the ring.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he just does not look comfortable. You know. He's twenty four years of age. He's trying to learn now baseball over at this level, which I think the level is a little bit higher, more consistently than what he was used to. But he's got to start challenging some hitters and not be afraid of making the hitters swing and hit the ball. I hope he understands, Hey, there's some pretty good defense behind me, as long as he can keep the ball in the ballpark.
Speaker 8: Should the Dodgers beat the Padres tonight, San Diego would lose their seventh straight and they'd be under five hundred for the first time. Since the first week of the season, the Padres have given up forty four runs forty two earned in the last three games. That's an ERA of fifteen point twenty seven over eighty four games. First eighty four, the ERA was three ninety four. Three games later, the era is four to twenty six. In the last two games, the Padres have given up thirty five runs thirty four hits and so the Dodgers, one would think or chopping at the bit for the second game of this four game series coming up in just a bit.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, thank you, Charlie. Dodgers Baseball's presented by Uniclo Field the Dodgers to eighty m Visit uniclou dot com slash us. When we continue here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll get you the keys to the game. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup with show Hey o'tani on the mound. But up next, go high and tight with Tommy Edmund He's been red hot since coming off the injured list. TV goes high and tight with Tommy. Next, it leads up to Dodgers and Padres first pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Kates is the backback World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's a Dodgers and Padres on this Friday night show, Hey Otani, Michael King. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's.
Speaker 8: Not coming.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement, dearm this this high and.
Speaker 10: Tight, happy third of July.
Speaker 6: What says America more than our guy, Tommy Edmund, Tommy, thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm excited, excited to celebrate America's two hundred and fiftieth birthday tomorrow.
Speaker 6: That's right, Hey, I spent some Fourth of July's in del Mar back in my younger days, Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 7: Nice beautiful area. Yeah, nothing better than you know, going to the beach on a on a beautiful sunny day in San Diego, maybe get a little bonfire and you know, just nothing, no better way to spend the fourth.
Speaker 10: It's like you were there with me.
Speaker 7: I might have been there, you know, I'd probably spent a couple of days in del Mar on the Fourth of July in my younger days. But you know, most of most of my Fourth of July is the last ten years have been spent playing baseball.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think people appreciate this. There's so many great summer holidays to spend with your family. But as a guy that's dedicated his life to playing baseball and to make it to this level, what's it been like for you to even have seen Fourth of July outside of a baseball stadium where you like ten years old when that happened.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, yeah, probably going back to the the pre travel ball days, because you know, growing up, even in high school, you're playing in tournaments most of the summer, so you know, it's pretty much always just been Fourth of July baseball games. But you know, that's that's kind of what I know, and you know, I appreciate it and it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 10: Tommy Edmund is our guest.
Speaker 6: He's back, he's healthy, and he was a big part of the Dodgers coming from behind last night. That was a really fun watch to see the resilience of the group last night. What was the talk in the dugout when you get down six nothing to be able to chip away the way you did?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, great offensive performance. We just kind of maintained the consistency of at bats throughout. You know, we didn't try to do too much, didn't try to you know, score six rounds with one swing, you know, just a lot of really good at bats consecutively. And you know that was just kind of the mindset of our offense, just just chip away slowly.
Speaker 6: How fun was it for you to have rushing in front of you and you guys doing your thing last night?
Speaker 7: Man, him and him and Tucker I think they gone on base every single time yesterday, so, you know, and those two guys were hidding two and e Rosa just before me, and then three battles before me, So I had a lot of guys on base. But yeah, it just seemed like there was, you know, constant activity on the base pass throughout the game.
Speaker 6: Tommy, we always talk about the gifts that you guys have physically, you've been here, been part of back to back championships.
Speaker 10: What about the mental.
Speaker 6: Toughness yourself and the rest of your teammates have had the last three years, including on display last night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 7: Think that's what it takes to be a successful baseball player, to be a successful team in this league. You know, everybody in Major League Baseball has got a ton of talent, you know, and I think it's the mental side that separates the good players from the best players. Unfortunately, we have a lot of guys who are who are really tough, have a really good grasp on the mindset that is required in this game.
Speaker 5: So, you know, I think that's what makes us so great.
Speaker 6: How have you guys been able to just be on the same page on that sort of wavelength, to have this same sort of mental toughness nobody really seems to waiver.
Speaker 7: I think it's part of just who guys are on this team. It's just kind of built into our personalities. And then also just having having played together, we have a we have a group of guys that for the most part, we've all played together for the last several years, some guys longer than others, you know, months, He's been here forever, and you know, Freddie Muki have been here a number of years now. So I think just the more experience you get playing with one another, the more you understand what what makes each other tick, and you know, it helps create a h some good chemistry in the clubhouse.
Speaker 10: Tommy Edmund is our guest.
Speaker 6: Just in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Padres. Tommy, hard to ignore how well you've been playing since coming off the il. You've only been back thirteen games, but from the press box vantage point, it just seems like you have a lot more stability, a lot more strength with the way the right foot is feeling.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I feel really confident with everything so far. You know, I feel like I'm able to do everything on the field that I that I was able to before the ankle problems kind of popped up. You know, I'm moving around the field still my first base yesterday, and you know, just feel like I can be an explosive player out there.
Speaker 6: Does it make it awkward when your trainers walk by and you've overcome them, including Possum Nakajima.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Passum has been a huge help, and he's a Yeah, he's my favorite trainer on the whole team. And I'm not only saying that because he's standing right here looking at me.
Speaker 6: How much was he wasn't really involved in your recovery?
Speaker 10: Was he?
Speaker 5: He helped out a little bit.
Speaker 7: He's a he gives me some he's some good soft tissue work.
Speaker 10: Tommy Edman is our guest.
Speaker 6: All right, Otani night, Edmund, did you think you were gonna get out of here without answering an Otani question?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 7: Maybe it happens about twenty percent of the time.
Speaker 6: But okay, I want to ask you about Otani. I'll ask you about Dalton Rushing. There's been a lot of talk about the way he plays with so much emotion. Can he last a whole season riding that emotional wave or is that something that he's going to learn on his own?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, I think that's kind of what makes him tick, you know, And we're all we've played with Rushing Dalton for you know, about a year now, so I feel like we have a pretty good understanding of who he is as a player and as a person. And you know, who he is on the field. He's a he's a competitive but he's a great teammate in the clubhouse, and you know, I think I think eventually, at some point, you know, he'll maybe tone down a little bit on the field. But you know, I don't think it's ever gonna go away completely. And I don't I don't think we wanted to. You know, That's that's what makes him so good. It's just his his drive and his desire to be so great out there.
Speaker 10: It's got to matter that he cares as much as he does.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, you know, there's yet you can never you can never say that he doesn't care about the game.
Speaker 6: How about you? I never think you get too high or too low. You're very even keel, You're I need you in my life.
Speaker 10: Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know. I think that's just kind of who I am as a person. I guess it carries over to the way I uh, the way I.
Speaker 5: Perform, and the way I am on the field.
Speaker 6: Hey, love having you with the Dodgers. Can't sate enough. Don't tell Freddy no Tani this, but Tommy Edmund. It's one of my favorite players to watch play the game. So thank you for the time.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 12: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: You're my favorite reporter.
Speaker 10: Hey, there we go.
Speaker 6: See that's why I love this guy. Tom Y Edman has been our guest. You'll receive a gift card to Javiers. You might see him in La Joya, you might see him in Pasadena. They got locations up and down, so cow we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim, All right, thanks a lot. I hate to break up the love fest there between David and Tommy Tanks. But we gotta keep moving here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, So he leads up to Dodgers and Padres up next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: Well, this is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Padres on this Friday ninth. First pitch from you and Kofield the Dodgers team coming up at seven.
Speaker 3: Ten and now before the Dodgers hit the Dinut, we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 5: Brought to you by her Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Michael King on the mound for the Padres, thirty one year old right hander at his eighth season, making his eighteen starts. He has gone at least five innings and fourteen of his seventeen starts. One of those that he didn't was actually last time out against the Dodgers. Four and a third innings, four runs, three hits, five strikeouts, four walks in a loss at Pectol Park. Across his last seven starts since May twenty fourth, he is one in five with the five to forty five ERRA. He is four and one against the Dodgers with the three seventy two ERA. His last time out was actually his first loss against the Blue Show hey Otani on the mount eight and two one fifty eight ERA. Making his fourteen start, pitching on eight days. Rest of the month of June four starts three to Oho with the three twenty eight ERA. He's undefeated in his last seven starts, with his last loss coming May fifth. His one fifty eight ERA right second in the major leagues. He has one in one with a fort ninety one ERA in three career starts against San Diego Show, Hey o Tani, Michael King, Dodgers Padres were fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keiths is the game our next. I'm Tim Katsis is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on tap.
Speaker 12: On your home for the Blue all.
Speaker 5: Season long, Dodgers and Padres. As we get ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo Start Great Moments start with sapporol, beer or whatever your taste preference. Aporo has you covered with a variety crispin refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer. Saporo Good with sushi, Great with baseball. Steven Dawson, all.
Speaker 1: Right, TC back here with Mo and Mo. Before we get into your big key.
Speaker 2: Of the night, we want to flash everybody back May nineteenth. We all woke up that day and you took a peak of the Nation League West standings, and he saw the San Diego Padres twenty nine and eighteen, a half game ahead of the Dodgers in the standings. Since then, things have gone the other way, in an extreme way, and now thirteen games separate these two division runs.
Speaker 9: Well, the Times have gone five to two against San Diego this year, but it's it's one of those things that they turned things around. They being the Dodgers and committed to doing the little things day in and day out. That's exactly what they've done. So tonight we're gonna find out about show. Hey Otani, he's pitching an eight days rest. Interesting that you and I were listening to Dave Roberts a little bit earlier talking to the media and they said, well, has there been a change in Atani? And Dave says, well, first of all, his knee is healthy enough to pitch, he said, but he's not being consistent over the last number of games, in particular with a fastball command, and it has not been as good in recent times. And he's gone to the splitter a little bit more often because now he has at least a little bit more confidence in that pitch.
Speaker 2: He is pulling double duty today, so I think that's something to monitor two starts before the All Star Game, and it's basically all but been said definitively that Otani is not going to pitch in Philadelphia at the All Star Game, which is the predictable and right decision for the Dodgers moving forward. But if that knee is still a bother and at this point, nobody is one hundred percent, certainly not anybody who's doing both as Otani is, But I certainly I think that we will watch throughout this game. Now he has great numbers against Michael King. That factors into the decision to have him double dip tonight.
Speaker 1: But what is your.
Speaker 2: Biggest key as we get ready for geting?
Speaker 9: I think for the Dodgers to be patients. King does not walk a whole lot of batters in factory with runners in scoring position. He's real kind of shut the door as Otani has also done. But for Michael King, he got up to a very good start the ten starts that he had. Initially ERA was under two and a half, but the last seven starts, including one start against the Dodgers, he's one in five ERA almost five and a half.
Speaker 2: And that's when the walk rate has tipped up in the last seven. He took the loss to the Dodgers last Saturday at Petco Park. He walked four in that game, including a basis load of walk to Freddie Freeman that kind of pushed the game toward the Dodgers direction, unroot to a series victory, as they will try to do the same to him here tonight at home. First pitch and a matter of a moment, show hate Weltani against the Padres ten Back to you.
Speaker 5: All right, first pitches next and enjoyed everybody. I'm Tim Kayes and this has been Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on deck and your back to back World Series champion Dodgers. How do you know