Speaker 1: Its need.
Speaker 2: By Billy cunning Him the Great America. Welcome this glory. It's Wednesday afternoon in the Tri State. Nasty weather coming. Better stay tuned see what's going to happen on that front. My hand from snow later on tonight and or tomorrow. But until then, of course, Uh, I'm watching all the analysis this morning on Fox Sports, and I'm told that if the Steelers of the four games left, if they go one, one and two, if they win one game and then lose one game, then have two ties. If that happens and the Bengals, Bengals sweep the next four games, the Bengals are in the playoffs. That's the only hope we have is have the Bengals in the playoffs if the Steelers tie two of the next four games. Joining you and on Allen this and so many other topics is Liz Bonus, the medical health reporter of WKRC Channel twelve. We twelve stands for news. Liz Bonus, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. How do you like my analysis and the bengals chances in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Hey, I believe in miracles to.
Speaker 2: You, Yes, I do believe in miracles. If that happens. That would be a miracle, but they have less than a one percent chance. It's zero point zero two, so it's possible. But what's the other night I'm watching you? Of course I watch you as much as I can, and you're doing this topic very close to Tony Bender's prostate, and that is that there's something going on in prostate health with AI. And this is for men, not women or women who identify as men. I guess they have prostates and as a consequence that the treatment for prostate enlargement and prostate cancer is changing fundamentally. Explain that to the American people. Everyone that's got a prostate, you better listen.
Speaker 3: You know, there are some thought that fifty percent of us have prostates. We should be talking more about them. But you guys are really shy about talking about this stuff that impacts everything from sexual function to a whole lot more. So we're not going to be shy. We're going to talk to you a little bit about what's going on. Two different things you mentioned there. One is benign prostate hyperplasia, which is it gets too.
Speaker 4: Big and it makes you peel all night.
Speaker 3: The other is prostate cancer and the biggest breakthrough that we've seen is that artificial intelligence now can customize your care especially with pretty much many types of imaging, but in prostate cancer. It's now being used in the Tristate. Our friends at the Urology Group some of the first in the region to take a care scan that you do before you have a treatment plan in radiation, and normally what happens is that that takes a couple of weeks and then your body will sort of come in and it'll adjust, meaning you know, your bladder's a little full or your bowels a little full, and that can stir off some of those results like you're getting zapped and they want to zap you precisely. Well, Now with AI, what they'll do is they have you lay down on the radiation machine and the imaging itself. AI will adapt essentially your cat scan to what your bladder and bowel looks like that day, which means when they zap you, they're getting the stuff you need them to get and not the outside stuff around it. Because if you talk to guys, they are terrified not of getting you know, their PSA and the process can't do it. They're terrified that like we're going to lose sexual function, we're gonna be ping on ourselves, which is a legitimate concern. You're much more worried about the side effects. Well, now AI in medicine is helping to take care of that, because when you precisely only hit the target, you leave those other organs alone.
Speaker 4: What do you think of that?
Speaker 2: I love it because I go to neurology group, beginning with doctor Allan Cordell. Now I'm with Patrick Hertz, and as a consequence, he has me on flow max. I think Tony's on flow max because as men get older, and thank god, whether it's your dad, your grandfather, what you want men to get older. And as you get older, the prosta is like a tree, it keeps getting more rings around it with pressures, you know, the flow of urine getting up two or three times the night's no good. And so but the fear men have a fear of having things stuck in them. I don't care if it's urology or if it's the bow, you know, having a colonoscopy. Those things men don't want to do that. I don't think women want to do it either, but men really don't want to do it, and so I can't tell how many. A couple friends of mine have bowel cancer, which is terrible. A few of the friends of mine have had prostay cancer, which is more treatable, But men don't want to go to the doctor for these purposes. As a woman type person, can you tell me?
Speaker 3: You know, I think some of it is the invincible thing, don't you.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean, I just think it makes us vulnerable.
Speaker 3: And guys, we were just raised.
Speaker 4: The guy is not vulnerable when.
Speaker 3: We talk about this stuff all the time. So you know, we'll kind of an advantage. We'll learn about the new treatments and whatnot. But you should know that even if it's not prostate cancer, there's a second thing neurologies group is doing on the I have to get up and pee all night and it's called prostate artery embolization. Oh and I got to watch It's really cool. I got to watch them like inject these beads. I know you said you don't like stuff stuck in you, but this is actually this is actually a liquid full of teeny when beats and if they can find the right blood vessels that go around the prostate area, the inject these little beads into them, and they essentially eventually cut off the blood supply which is feeding the prostate getting bigger and bigger and bigger, and pretty soon it just shrivels up. I know that doesn't sound right, but you do want it to just rill and it shrivels up enough that you will stop having that kind of pressure the enlarged prostates, it shrinks and you stop peeing all night.
Speaker 2: How's that? Well, I'll tell you what. One of our advertisers I should not mention his name, so I will not without his permission, had that exactly done about six months ago, and he said it changed his life for the better. He was getting up four or five six times a night, couldn't sleep. All of a sudden, he had that exact procedure done Eurology Group. And guess what, he's now afraid he can sleep all night, which is important. Now. Secondly, let's talk about ozempic. So many men and women are on these exotic drugs ozempik to lose weight. It was perceived to be a drug for some other purpose, just like viagra was perceived for some other purpose. All of a sudden, it helps certain other areas of life to stand up tall and proud and so with Flomax that helped me a lot. But now we're going to talk about ozempik. Explain in general ozempik off someone's overweight, what happens. Then ozempik for sex, which is Tony Bender's interest. Explain this to me.
Speaker 3: Well, I won't say that we are using ozembic for sex. I will tell you that there are side effects. Now we call ozembic penis and ozembic baton, and that might influence sex. So let's start with what ozembic or wagov or zep bound semaglue tide is what they're called by generics. These are drugs that you inject into the abdomen, and they're working on a pill. By the way, it's going to be available very soon, if it isn't already. Where it delays the gastric emptying, so you eat your lunch and rather than it's just kind of going through you and digesting at a normal peace, it sits in the lower end testine for a while, and because of that, you feel less hungry and you eat less and lose weight. And that's a different concept than the pill helps me lose weight. You lose weight because you eat less, and you eat less because you're not hungry, so you can eat around these things.
Speaker 4: Trust me, not everybody loses weight.
Speaker 5: But you're right.
Speaker 3: They were developed originally to bring your blood sugars down. We've now found they help bring weight down, help bring blood pressure down, might help your kidneys, might use your risk for certain cancers. There's all kinds of things. But keep in mind that when stuff is sitting in the gut, there's these little bacteria that we have. We call them the gut microbiomes and whatnot, and there's, yeah, there's some thought that when you mess with those, you mess with a lot of stuff, like everything from brain signaling to your ability and desire to even have sex.
Speaker 4: How do you like that.
Speaker 2: In your belly keep you from wanting to enjoy sex? I think a little worms a little bit. You know. That's not a pleasant look.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, And that's sort of what they are. There's a very we're you know, we're fearfully and wonderfully made. There's a delicate balance in our gut, and when you mess with the balance, there's some thought that you mess with the bacteria in your body. And for women it's a real thing. They call it odempic vagina and it will actually mess with the bacteria which then gives you like yeast infections and all the kind of things that don't really lend to intimacy. Right, So it's a thing, and they say, if you are on this, you should tell your doctor if you're noticing things like more yeast infections. But also you can address some of that. Now, there's a couple of different kinds of over the counter supplements, like they call them pro antosyanins, which are like they promote there's stuff that's read in cherries and it's like a good bacteria that can help you know, sort of the bowel remove some of that stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, that you don't want. So women might have a choice of losing weight or having sex. I think most women would say I'd rather lose weight than have sex. Am I right or wrong about that?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: One of my girlfriends said, when you lose weight, you have more sex. So I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go let's talk about let's talk let's talk about ozepig long term. Some have said to me, look at Fenn Fenn, which supposedly was gonna be a great thing. Then about ten years later we found out that have destroyed heart valves or there was medical How do we know ozempic are these other exotic drugs are not having an effect we won't know about for ten years.
Speaker 3: Well, they've actually been in development for that long, believe it or not. I've been watching this research for a long time. So for more than a decade we have watched that. But I think we are seeing some side effects we've never seen before. The ozempic vagina and ozempic penis is a whole new set of a whole new level of things we never talked about. But if you think about it, just delaying gas or emptying isn't going to have the same effect as like a fen fen that shut down your lung. Now we don't know for sure what happens when you do leave stuff in the gut, like could we later see higher risks of other things? Yeah, that you know, we I mean, And there's everything is benefit versus risk. But if you talk to a lot of people who are taking it, if you're you know, nearing three hundred pounds and your doctor says your heart's not going to carry this for much longer, losing the weight gives you a benefit that maybe at the time greater than the risk. Always got a weigh that. But by the way, ozentpic penis is not a real thing to see, you know.
Speaker 2: Explain that to Tony Bender. Explain that please.
Speaker 3: They started calling it that because these guys would lose the belly the penis looked larger.
Speaker 4: Okay, And so they were like, I'm not penis, Like, no.
Speaker 2: That's a good not a good thing, not a good thing. You lose your belly, pleasure get uncle Charlie, gets a little more, a little more protrusion, shall we say. So it's a double whammia in a good way. You lose your belly and your thing gets a little bit bigger.
Speaker 3: It appears that way. It's not necessarily true. I mean, you lose your belly, a lot of things get easier, like you can see your feet, you know. But what you know, it's really interesting what you just call it, mister Charlie or something. I was working on a story when the eed drugs first came out in the newsroom and I was trying to, you know, figure out how to make it appropriate for the family audience at four or five PM. And I'm like, hey, does anyone have another word for penis? And let me tell you thea I have, like sixteen people pop up, mister Weekley.
Speaker 4: You know whatever.
Speaker 3: There's all kinds of fish, Charlie.
Speaker 4: What is the names?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What's up with the names?
Speaker 3: And you guys with all that stuff? You know, like you know, girls don't name their naty part for some reason. You guys all have a name.
Speaker 2: You may call it mss kitty, but I call it mister Charlie. So, so getting back to getting getting back to zempic right now. You have to inject it, correct, You have to inject it. Yeah, I'm watching the CEO of of Lily the other day on CNBC. He talked about a pill form which many people would find more acceptable. Was that coming down the road?
Speaker 4: It really is.
Speaker 3: And actually what's really interesting is some of the research to do that was done here in the Tri State. There's a couple of different as you know, we have some rather large research organizations here that do great work, and some of those have been testing the semaglu type pill. And it's supposed to work in.
Speaker 4: The same way.
Speaker 3: You have to like obviously adjust dosing because the reason you inject is so that it goes right into the area that you want shift to adjust dosing. But the pill is showing positive results, and the number one thing that keeps people from selecting the injection are going on is they don't like shots. I have a feeling. I mean, right now, about twelve percent of people are on, so one in eight they think is on the ozembic injectable. So think about the number of people that are going to go on the pill when you can actually pop that. There's some people saying they're selling it now. It's rolling out in limited doses, but probably by the end of twenty six we're going to see it on a more regular thing, and I think it'll regularly be prescribed. I'm like you, though, man, I think you out of a million people on it before you see what's going on. So I would still approach with caution, and I would still tell you you lose weight because.
Speaker 4: You eat less.
Speaker 3: It's not like a magic fat burning pill. You got stuff sitting in the gut delayed that so you don't feel it's hungry. And that's great if it helps you eat less.
Speaker 4: But you know what all these people.
Speaker 3: Are doing now is they're taking the drugs they want Charlie to look better and they don't exercise, don't change their diet. Well, what happens then when you go off that?
Speaker 2: I see this statistic, Yeah, I talk about that lits when you go off that. I've seen statistics that it has negative consequences for someone's muscular structure, et cetera. So at some point you go off of it, and then what happens.
Speaker 3: It may be as high as ninety five percent of the people regain the weight plus ten.
Speaker 4: Percent they like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And part of that is people that exercise may have as much as double the success rate keeping weight off compared to people that don't. And it's not because like you really burn so much, so many more calories exercising. If you think about what exercise does, it builds muscle, and when a muscle is fit, it uses up more energy throughout the day. So when you're sitting around doing nothing, you're still burning more calories. Okay, but also you know, I don't know about you, but I dragged my butt up and get on the lip or get on the treadmill at four in the morning every day because it helps my mental health. I mean, like I want to hurt people coming in if I don't do that, and I think there is a therapy to that that is the cheapest therapy you will ever find, And in the meantime, then your body's getting a benefit. Well why do you overeat? You overeat generally because you're like pissed off or stressed out or frustrated, or it tastes good. And if you don't have another coping mechanism, which is what exercise can help you with, you don't ever really have a way to sort of work against that. So you stop taking the drug, you feel hungry again, and you start picking out. So there's one hundred reasons to incorporate, you know, regular exercise and some diet changes in theount.
Speaker 2: And I'm told these drugs are extremely expensive, but they're coming down if it goes to a pill form, wouldn't that I can see five or ten years all of us on these things. I can see all of us on one pill with all of these things in it, right within five or ten years.
Speaker 3: Well, so they thought that about like statins, like maybe we should put them in the world for your heart, you know, but there will always be people that will have side effects, So who knows. But one thing I do think is that you know, we talked about the AI. The DNA testing is going to start when you're like an infant now, or maybe when you get to be an adult, and they'll be able to tell you, well, you're predisposed for obesity or you're predisposed for heart disease, and they probably will start putting us on some of these preventative you know, for preventive purposes. And I think you're going to see a prescription used for a whole different purpose. But yeah, if you're looking at like medical stocks for investment, these would be good ones.
Speaker 2: Probably absolutely. If twelve percent of I'm not on it yet, you're skinny and good shape, don't have to be on it. I can see at some point someone's saying, I could lose thirty forty fifty pounds with little or no side effects. I'll take Ozembic has this side effect of helping Miss Kitty and also Charlie, and it's a consequence. Everybody's happy. And I can see in one pill having everything in one pill. Low cholesterol, maybe high blood pressure, it might be for weight purposes, it might be for liver or whatever it is. It'll be within five or ten years of one pill for everything, is that where we're headed. M Maybe not.
Speaker 3: I think there'll be one pill for weight loss. No, this is specific purposes. But you know what's really interesting about this is I've read some really interesting research that when you take away hunger, you lose your zest for certain things, like you mention, like the sexual intimacy. There's some people who say, like, I just kind of didn't really want to do anything if I didn't want to eat. You forget how much like hunger plays a role in going to dinner and being excited about seeing someone. And I wonder, Yeah, drink drink and wine, which leads to more intimacy. Yeah, there's some thought that this is going to influence or this can influence your life in ways that you never really thought about. And if you're if food has been like your passion and now it's not, you're going to notice things like that.
Speaker 4: And I'm not saying that's.
Speaker 3: All bad, but it's fascinating to watch all the things that happen when you start altering the guts like you talk about, Charlie. But the gun alfors the brain, and the brain is a powerful organ, let.
Speaker 4: Me tell you.
Speaker 3: And when you start messing with that and you lose your passion for food and life and dust and wanting to do stuff. I don't know if we're all going to want to be on that or not be like yeah, you know, it's where like people who said they tried marijuana, it just made them not want to do anything right.
Speaker 2: You know, you want to eat a bunch of pizza and eat popcorn. And I don't know what the ELL's going. And we don't know the long term effects of marijuana for teenagers. We have no idea in thirty years what we're going to deal with. But list Bonus, we got to run. You're the best at what you do, and you're a wonderful guest. More importantly, you're like a encyclopedia of health. And I think Channel twelve should double your salary and cut your ears in half. Do you agree?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, I'm going to play this little snippet for my boss.
Speaker 2: You tell them right now, tell them to give me a call. I'll set him straight. Liz Bonus, All.
Speaker 3: Right, good deal, Thank you you and yours, Merry Christmas in the Happy New Year.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Liz bon God bless you.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Let's continue with more Let's continue. Wow, never thought about Charlie and Miss Kitty now in any other way. Let's continue with more news coming up. And that was Liz Bonus, the best of what she does on news Radio seven hundred WLW HI Billy cunning In, don't worry. We will get back to the commercials in a hurry. But until then, a couple of bookkeeping matters. After one o'clock today, we have Peter Bronson, it's going to be here. Wrote a new book about certain murders and other things happening in River City and also the references to Stan Chesley with Fenfinn murder Mystery and more. And he'll be here after one o'clock today. After two o'clock, we've scheduled Carrie Severino, who's a close personal friend of Amy Coney Barrett. She was a federal law clerk with Clarence Thomas. She's written several books on what the Supreme Court's going to do. You've seen her on Fox News other platforms. Carrie Severena will be here after two o'clock and so we'll see what happens to all of that. A couple of housekeeper matters and this will not be covered by the mainstream media because it doesn't fit their conclusions. How about this one. Hamas hid tons of infant formula and nutritional shakes in order to smear Israel. And I'm reading this story out of Switzerland, by the way, you might recall, for months and months and months, the world chipped in large quantities of baby formula and they're ready to eat meals and no one knew where the food went. Israel at some point said we sent in tons of food, allowed it to go in. Now we're not allowing anymore until someone's discovering what's happening to the food. So for more than two years, the pro Palestinian crowd, mainly democrats on college campuses, accused Israel of starving people in Gaza, especially children, committing genocide. It turns out it was all lie, and here is proof. Hamas, according to the Red Cross in Switzerland, hid tons of baby formula to hurt children, to cause as much death and disease as possible, and to damage Israel. The goal was to worsen the hunger crisis and initiate a disaster as part of the Hamas's famine narrative. In a desperate effort to stop Israel's onslaught against Gaza and forced the return of UN's aid distribution mechanism and away from the controversial Gaza humanitarian foundation which supplied the money. Now it's obvious that we've documented the waste and deliberate disposal of tons of baby formula for Palestinian babies, nutritional children shaken, more children's powdered milk which Hamas hoarded away. Given the saturation of the coastal enclay with humanitarian aid and the cease fire for months to continue, Hamas hid tons of baby formula and destroyed nutritional shakes meant for children inside a warehouse to allow gozens to starve and further as claims of widespread genocide by the Jews. Hamad Fuad, a Islamic activist, I'm sorry Hamas activists accused the terror group of hoarding food meant for children in order cause as much much death and disease as possible. This isn't the first time. This is with the Hamasis withheld aid to make a political point. This is a huge international story, confirmed by the International Red Cross and by UN humanitarian groups. Have you heard about this in the media. This came out. By the way, the date was December third, so it's been out about a week and ABC, NBCCBS silence. Why doesn't fit the media narrative. You have to listen to me to get the truth. So Hamas wanted to kill as many Palestinian children as possible to put pressure on Israel internationally so they would stop what they're doing. Let Hamas have more control than Gaza. So the Gozans were murdered and killed by Hamas. How big is this story? It's bigger than Montana, but it will not be covered because it doesn't fit, does it. Secondly, I like to highlight good people doing good things in deer Park the root of it all. Natasha Cohorst is on city Council in deer Park. Natasha Cohorst, and she put together an effort to shop with a cop. There's fifty to sixty families in deer Park that are going to have special Christmases, many businesses in deer Park, many graduates at deer Park High School. Good intended individuals put together at several thousands of dollars and they've identified through Amity School, the grade school, fifty to sixty families that need some help. As you know Chris Euster and Deer Park has a closet in which Deer Park families put their extra clothing. So if someone in the school system needs clothing, a coat, a pair of shoes, whatever it is, there's a closet available you can go into and pick out whatever you want. And now Natasha Cohorst of Deer Park City Council is going to make sure these families at risk in deer Park. Guess what, have more of a Christmas. The otherwise would not have good people doing good things. So congratulations shop on the shop with the comp and deer Park. They're going to go to Target or they're on Blint Blue on Blue Ash Road, and these kids are going to have a great Christmas. And thirdly, you talk about the billions and billions of dollars stolen just in Minnesota. This is how it worked. And by the way, there's been zero coverage of this story by ABC, NBC and CBS or NPR on the national news. They don't cover it because it is so bad. The Somalians figured out with the assistance of their governor, Tim Waltz and the attorney general of a guy named Allison, and the mayor, a guy named Fry, and also the Biden administration to put together dozens and dozens of medical clinics occupied by so called Somali doctors that literally provided thousands and thousands of kids in Minneapolis calling I'm autistic. And in consequence there was a special government program to assist autistic children with teachers and medical care and hunger treatment, et cetera, and verbal skills, et cetera. So over the years under the Democrats in Minnesota, the number may be as many as eight billion US dollars. It could be as little as one point five billion. Were these fraudulent clinics in which the money flowed from Washington in the Minneapolis into the Smalan community. And then there were millions and millions and millions of kids that did not receive care in Minneapolis, but the monies were kept by the fraudsters, several hundred Somalians, some of whom elin Omar. For example, the congressman was worth sixty thousand dollars six years ago. She's now worth thirty million dollars. How do you go into public service and you come out worth tens of millions of dollars and not be corrupt? It's impossible. And also El Shabab, which is a terrorist group in Somealia, was involved in the fraud in which there were millions and millions of dollars of the billions of dollars wasted of your money that went to Al Shabab and Somalia to kill more Christians in Somalia, which is a completely dysfunctional government. Now this is a huge story, but when called on it, Minneapolis and the governor and the mayor and the attorney general all say it's racism. To point it out, it's all racism. And of course all of their citizenship applications were mainline to make it easier to steal more money, and you paid for it. And by the way, that is one American city, that is one clan in one liberal state. Most of the democratic the Blue states will not share with the FEDS any SNAP recipient information. So you can cross check to see number one of their citizens number two. Are there multiple Snap accounts using different social gurity numbers but the same person. And now the blue cities and Blue states will not give the FEDS the information of how big the fraud truly is. Do you think we have problems? Absolutely? Oh, let's continue with more. Let's go back to the commercials. Coming up in about ten minutes or so will be Peter Bronson, formerly editorial page director of The Inquiries Now is a great author, also later on as Carrie Severino about cases before the US Supreme Court and more. But I want to congratulate Natasha Cohorst of Deer Park count That's the way it should work. Person of person, people in need. We can add that person's in need, let's help that person. Let's not have a government agency with billions of dollars part of fraud, manipulated by liberal democratic cities to pay themselves lots of money and to fund terrorism all over the world. Shouldn't this be We're is sixty minutes when you need it. Leslie Stall get to Minneapolis the report on this. Do you think she will? Hell no, Let's continue you with more. Bill Cunning and the great American speaking truth to power a news radio seven hundred WLW. My Billy Cunning him a great American. Of course. Peter Bronson comes by once or twice a year to talk about a recent book of his. A new one out is The Magical History Tour, Murder, Mystery and Buried History. Showed stories by Peter Bronson with the Inquir for many years as a columnists also ran that Didn't you run the place for a while? No, I did not.
Speaker 6: I was editorial page editor, so I ran the opinion section. I was an associate editor that was the title, and then I was a full time columnist after that.
Speaker 2: So when did you begin as with the Inquir? What year was that? Ninety two? Editorial page editor? That was? That was big?
Speaker 6: Whate what TV, radio and newspapers have gone through. Oh my gosh, thirty three years. When I got there, bill the Inquire was three hundred and sixty five thousand. I remembered that because it's a thousand every day of the year, three hundred and sixty five thousand circulation.
Speaker 2: That thing was big as a yule log. Right when it was delivered and we got out. I get up in the morning, I walk out the end of my driveway, pick up the paper and come back. Now. Oh, if you set your dog up, the dog.
Speaker 6: Does sixty five thousand, three hundred and sixty five thousands.
Speaker 2: It's like twenty two thousands. Oh, I don't know. The last I heard was around forty thousand. Maybe.
Speaker 6: But if they're counting online in that then that's kind of high. So it's just a very sad story about what happened to newspapers. It was such a fun business and unfortunately it's kind of a thing in the past, like horseshoes.
Speaker 2: It's ever ever, every and in just the inquir it's every it's everywhere, everywhere, every newspaper, yeah, every radio station. Well, we used to have one hundred and twenty five employees. I think we have now about thirty or forty. And local news, local TV news. Everybody's going to streaming.
Speaker 6: They want everything tailored to their political opinion and their point of view, so they get their news from places like facebooks and Twitter feeds.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 5: Not good.
Speaker 2: This is not news. These are not professionals. We'll talk about magical history tour. But is this good to bad? For the for the republic, for the democracy good? Or isn't it bad? It's terrible.
Speaker 6: It's terrible because we used to have people staffing all of the local government meetings and they had somebody looking over their shoulder, so you know, before they did something wrong, they would look both ways.
Speaker 2: It's a sure enquire here. Yeah, who's listening? Not anymore? So what have we seen since then?
Speaker 6: We see scandal after scandal, corruption, stupidity, no watch dog, No.
Speaker 2: No, we're gonna have a mayor who doesn't pay his car payments. Yeah, yeah, he's kind of you know, right now I have to appear of all us having some troubles. But it doesn't make any difference. If the election were held tomorrow, he would still give eighty two percent of the vote. Absolutely, it's no joke. If they don't pay your note, that sounds like an ad.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then council members, of course go to prison. Yes, that's another issue. And then two or three more they got bankruptcy problems, and they got they don't pay their notes, and they know there's no In fact, I speak to politicians off to Warren County Butler County, and I go in and I said, do you have anybody looking over your shoulder what you're doing?
Speaker 6: And the answer is uniformly no. No, there's no coverage of what it shows.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 6: It shows in what the kind of government we're getting, which isn't good, not much.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the book before I forget. My friend Fritz Horn wants to wish you a happy birthday, which is coming up tomorrow. Tomorrow, I turned seventy eight years old. Seventy eight, whoa, I know it. I don't know where the years of six behind you? Six? Well, I always said I want to be eighty. I hope to make it to eighty. You'll make it. Make it eighty, bear, look like you're going to make it. My body, by the way, is sixty one. That Kerry Okus did this big thing on me. You did the whole scan, did this? Did that?
Speaker 6: He said, I have a body. He said, you're sixty one. I said, well, that's not when my mother told to No, I guess I'm forty forty. All right, let's talk about the book first of all, before we do that, you have an ex serb in here yea.
Speaker 2: And eighteen seventy eight. Yes, Cincinnati was shocked when grave robbers, my ancestors took this so of a former president from his fresh grave in North ben Yes, detective which almost became Cincinnati. North Bend was close two hundred years ago to becoming Cincinnati, but did norkhem. Yeah, but detectives found the body hanging in a pit at Cincinnati's Ohio Medical College eighteen seventy eight.
Speaker 6: It's quite that story. Oh, it's an amazing story. So this guy who was taken the night he was buried, his body was stolen from Congress Green Cemetery, which is right across the street from the William Henry Harrison Memorial on Mountain Nebo in North Bend, Okay.
Speaker 2: His body is hauled out of the grave the very night he is buried. Do we know who did it? Was it Old County? Was it William Cunningham? Might have been your what is that great grande? He was a grave robber, he was a resurrectionist.
Speaker 6: Please continue, Yes, So the mistake they made was usually they took their bodies for dissection from the paupers cemetery or what they called the colored section of the cemeteries. And in those days that was common because those people had no influence to object. But this time they took President's son, William Henry Harrison's son.
Speaker 2: For one reason.
Speaker 6: Also, get this, he was also the father of a president, his son, his own son, Benjamin Harrison Harrison became president later. So this guy whose body they took has the unique He is the single person in US history who was both the son and a father of a US go The son I think eighteen forty ninth President William Henry Harrison died somewhat quickly.
Speaker 2: Yes, he died suddenly in his sleep. And then his son, forty years later eighteen eighties, Yes, became a president. So this guy was the son and the father of are This guy was a notable this guy like a George Bush.
Speaker 6: Talk well, he was a well known person and very beloved in the community. And when they found his grave missing, of course, that was a huge scandal.
Speaker 2: There's some speculation.
Speaker 6: I think there's good reason to believe that the doctors, the dean who ran the Ohio Medical College specifically asked for that body because they often put orders in. And I think, yes, in fact, there was I've learned.
Speaker 2: This he would last meet some Marco say about this.
Speaker 6: Here it gets better. I learned from my friend Lieutenant Steve Kramer at the Cincinnati Police Museum that there was even a custom called burking, in which people would kill you for your body and sell it and sell your clothes and jewelry.
Speaker 2: Burking. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, uh, let's say they see Bill Cunningham walking down the street and some medical school student says, I want that one.
Speaker 2: What they knock you over the head and bury.
Speaker 6: You strip your body of ball it's clothes, sell your clothes, sell your jewelry. So anyway, so they chose the wrong guy here, son of a president, and the family called in Pinkertons from Chicago who came over to investigate. And lo and behold, the son of the dead man finds the body hanging in a pit at the Medical College. The Medical College of Ohio was indirectly involved in trafficking dead bodies directly.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to make directly explain that. You think we got problems today, wait an otr, we got problems. However, the Medical College which is now U see the Medical College of Ohio, would order up dead bodies to be dissected, Yes, and they paid for them, and they would then bring them and they'd drop them off. They found this guy because people reported seeing a wagon pull up at the Ohio Medical College, as it often did in the wee hours of the morning, the dark of night, and dropped off a long sheet wrapped object which looked a lot like a body.
Speaker 2: How much would they pay for these bodies?
Speaker 6: It ranged depending on this the decomposition. If they were fresh, they might get as much as twenty five dollars ten dollars. It didn't take much to buy a body in those days. And in fact, this thing got so out of hand that there were riots in many cities when people would find their loved ones on the table being dissected after they'd been ripped out of the grave, and they were burning down medical college.
Speaker 2: This happened.
Speaker 6: It was a famous riot in New York City where a man was walking down the street and the students were dissecting his recently departed wife in the front window.
Speaker 2: Why what was the reason? There had to be a reason. Did they want to find out where the kidney is, where's the stomach, where's the heart?
Speaker 6: How does the pancreas? Why would yes, all physicians do this all of the above They needed for the purpose of learning surgery. They needed to know what they'd find when they opened up the body, and they needed first hand experience. So the problem then was that nobody was donating their bodies for medical science, so they had no source of bodies. Now, you can make some justification for it, but the whole thing got completely out of control. Cincinnati was like the hub of body snatching for the whole Midwest. They found Cincinnati. Bodies had been shipped all the way to ann Arbor for the University of Michigan Medical School.
Speaker 2: Now you're worry about my family, I'm reading from the inquir Story of the eighteen seventy eight William Cunningham was a body snatcher who lived in Cincinnati, Ohio. A professional resurrectionist, Cunningham provided corpse for area physicians and medical colleges, popular popularly known as Old Cunny. Other names attributed to Cunningham include old Man Dead in the Ghoul, that he was born in Ireland, perhaps in eighteen oh seven, but came here. He was a mortician, he was a medical director. He was a funeral director, and he'd make money on the front end, the middle, in the back. Yes.
Speaker 6: And he did it all at Washington Park. Oh yeah, I can picture that. You can picture William Cemetery there at one time, and that's where he would he would pay the family to bury the body. He would then and the dead of the knight he would pull them out of the ground. He had a hook system under the arms. We put the change down and pull him up, rifle through the pockets, take out some gold teeth, and then put the body next to him as he went up and down Vine Street, saying to the corpse who was dangling, say something funny, say something funny. And it was so dark there were no lights out, just a little handle light that And that's how my family got started, My body snatcher, My my family roots go deep. I guess six feet team now now to be consider this.
Speaker 2: Just look up, William Cunningham. This could be your next book. It might be, it might be another story. I was talk about my friend and yours, Stan Chesley, and that's in the book which is Magical History, Tour, Murder, Mystery and Buried History. Explain about Fenn Fenn. I had on Liz Bonus talking about the Fenn Fenn about an hour or so ago. But explain about Stan Chesley recently departed. Well rest in peace, Stan.
Speaker 6: But this was the downfall of a not only locally but nationally and world famous litigator.
Speaker 2: He was the master of disaster.
Speaker 6: He was involved in all these huge cases, you know them, the implant cases, the Hills now Beverly Hills, got to start at Beverly Hills, Vegas. And this time I guess most people would say, as you might, that he reached a little two far and he was involved in one of the most scandalous cases. In fact, at one point, the federal judge during this trial said, I would like to put all of the lawyers in jail. Really yeah, with that Bamberger he was involved with. Bamberger explained, Bamberger was the He was a bad He was a bad guy, wasn't he. Bamberger was the bad guy. He was the one who was The Wall Street journalmen they wrote an editorial about this. They said, this whole case shocks the conscience that there could be such unbelievably brazen bribery and corruption in this case. But what you had here, Bill, you know from the litigation's history that you had this jackpot of these settlements where these drug companies, this drug company, American Home Products had basically agreed to pay out unbelievable amounts without any verification that these victims were actual victims of the diet drug. So that the basically it's like throwing chum in the water, and the litigation sharks came circling. And that's when the big white, great white sharks came, and that would be Chesley, and they brought in Bamberger, who was judge. Yes, and he took twenty I think it was fifty thousand dollars for.
Speaker 2: Basically fixing the case. Let's go back in time just a little bit. Fenn. Fenn was a diet drug, yes, but it was thought to be the magic elixir, much like current ozempig. Yes, but ozempig appears to be a better drug than what fenfenn. We don't know. We'll know in ten years. Yeah, we'll no find it, just like we did with Everybody thought it was fantastics way, but it affected a heart valve or something. It did. It caused all kinds of problems.
Speaker 6: It also reduced the body's ability to even create serotonin, which is what keeps you happy. So people who had bet on this for a while lost the ability to find joy in their lives. They it wasn't something the body could repair. It was permanent damage, plus cardiopulmonary disease and all kinds of side effects. Now were they somewhat exaggerated? Oh yeah, mandously exaggerated by the litigators, But nonetheless there are many, many cases of women, mainly women, who took this drug and suffered for it.
Speaker 2: So the drug there were three lawyers, I forget their names. One was a guy named Cunningham, not me. Yes, and the three of them crowd all the cases and got it before a friendly judge in northern Kentucky named Bamberger, and they felt like they were overwhelmed a little bit. How do we do this? So they brought in a master of disaster, stan Chesley. Take it from there.
Speaker 6: Well, stan Chesley came in and he was hired because he was the guy who knew how to work. He was already working with the drug companies group that was deciding who would be paid in the litigations. So here he's got a conflict. I would think most people would agree. If he's working with the drug companies to allocate settlements, how does he end up also on the plaintiff's side to get a settlement. So there's all kinds of conflicts and things going on. A little footnote would be Bill Gallion, who was the lead, one of the lead Kentucky attorneys from Lexington, big, big shot at University of Kentucky, blue blood guy. He also was pardoned by Joe Biden in the autopen pardon scandal.
Speaker 2: Really yes, so san Chesley, was it greed because this guy was companies were frightening him. You get a letter from san Chesley Pharmaceutical companies. He came up with the theories of Beverly Hills that were the fabrics themselves. Yes, gave off nations owners. No one thought about that when Beverly Hills happened and was at nineteen seventy seventy seven, and that was, okay, not much you can do. You got the building is done, got a little bit of land. But then stan came up with these novel theories of how these three m and other companies were actually creating fabric that caused the deaths. Suddenly there was one hundred million dollars available and from there he was off and running. This guy, he's a fabulous personality. I had lunch and dinner with him when Mitch's house. Susan Delotte, federal judge well knected, gave a lot of money to the Clintons, got the appointment, et cetera, and they all good time.
Speaker 6: What mistake did Stan Chesley make? Well, I mean it's pretty clear here when you looked. I sat through a lot of days of this trial, and I watched the deposition that was done, uh, and it was one of the most hostile, extreme, uncomfortable depositions I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen very many, but that thing was unbelievable.
Speaker 6: If you were going to make a TV drama about the stereotypical corrupt lawyer, that's what it looked like.
Speaker 2: He was a bully.
Speaker 6: He was absolutely uncooperative, and he kind of had this attitude that the jury picked up right away, I believe, which was that I'm Stan Chesli.
Speaker 2: Don't you know who I am? And it doesn't play well in court. No, it doesn't you know who I Whenever you say to a copper, to a judge or jury, don't you know who I am? You've lost from Yes, So I think the federal judgement Bertlesman and Bamberger was the benet judge, state court judge. He was a Kentucky judge.
Speaker 6: Yes judge, Oh okay, So anyway, at one point two, the judge raised a lot of questions about how comes Stan got immunity and all these other three guys, did you know one of the guys, one of the lawyers in Kentucky. His defense, and he got off this way, was that he was too sousd to know what was going on when these clients were being ripped off.
Speaker 2: So I'm drunk. Yeah, I was an alcoholic. Yeah, I got it out and you get pulled over on I seventy one? Hey, mister officer, I'm too drunk to be pulled over. What that's a true story? He said, Look, judge, I'm so drunk that jury bought it. And they bought it, So how you're not yelty?
Speaker 6: He was drinking more than one of those half gallon bottles of old Crow every day. He said, I had no idea what these other two guys were doing, and so they took pity on him.
Speaker 2: And well stan Chesley's now passed on, and he did a lot more good than bad, but this wasn't a good chapter in his life. Peter Bronson a Chili Dog Press. How to the American people for Christmas get a copy of this about the magical history Tour, Murder Mystery and Barrett History four five short stories Peter Bron's and mainly connected to Cincinnati. And how how did the American people get to copy of the book?
Speaker 6: Well, you can get that signed copies at my website which is Chili Dog Press dot com. And there's still plenty of time to order those for Christmas also available to all the local bookstores Barnes and Noble, Joseph Beth, wherever books are sold in Cincinnati, and also on Amazon. I like to support the local bookstores, but I understand a lot of people love the convenience of Amazon and the free shipping.
Speaker 2: There's this thing about Bill Cunningham, the body snatcher. Oh yeah, there's a story there. There is a great story there. I think I think we just scratched the surface. Peter Bronson, you're the best. Thanks for coming on this afternoon, you Bill. Let's continue as a pleasure. Let's continue with more news next to your home of the Bengals. And if somehow the Stealers tie to the next four games and the Bengals sweep the next four, they're in the playoffs. That's route for tie. That's route for ties with the Stealers. On news Radio seven hundred WLW. I remember Joe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hello, Bietum Skokes. I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 2: Segment of the Inchoir. Put out a long story about what the Reds did to try to get Kyle Schwarber, which was five years, one and twenty five million, a twenty five million short And I'll say this, you loved him. I love him. Never ever met him. I never met him. It seems like a nice young man, very good, Yes, good man. He's gonna turn Is it thirty three or thirty four? He's thirty one now I believe we'll check it out. But in order thirty two I think, I think thirty two or thirty. But by the time this is concluding, he'll be thirty seven. Strikes out two hundred times a year, and he doesn't play defense. But I'd take him anyway compared to him into that. You kidding. Just let him dh and just let him hit. But three times in the last quarter century, the Reds have said, let's spend big bucks. Griffy r Almost two hundred million? How did that work out? Not good? Then, Mike? How about Mike Mustakis? Does ask sixty five million? Was that was that disaster? How boutch of Mark Candelaria? Forty five disaster? So he took me about show hey or what's his name? Aki?
Speaker 7: Or what the Japanese guy they got a few years ago that turned out to be nothing? One time he's back over in Japan. He played center field, the left hander. Yeah, but the Reds have put out two hundred million dollars. I'm sorry, three hundred million dollars and got nothing to Griffy Junior, Mustakas and Candelaria.
Speaker 2: So I'm thinking, you know what, what the hell? But do you pay him one hundred and fifty million dollars over five years? What do you say?
Speaker 7: Well, they said that, I guess the thing that knocked it into the Phillies.
Speaker 2: I don't know Willie. Maybe he didn't.
Speaker 7: He didn't want to leave Philadelphia, and they said that they guaranteed that fifth year, and that's what kind of jump started him to go to Philadelphia. So Red's made and the Oriel made him the same as offered him the same money as Philadelphia did.
Speaker 2: He he turns He was born March fifth, nineteen ninety three, so he turns thirty three years old in March.
Speaker 7: So he doesn't he doesn't play in the fielding, so he just he's gonna stay healthy. Well, you know, all ask dudes run the bases after a home run. But say give me into the students report, please? Will he the stude reporters of proud service of your local Tamestar Heating and air Conditioning Dealers, Tamestar Quality. You could feel in Cincinnati called Stacey Heating and Air Solutions five one, three, three six seven.
Speaker 2: H e A T spot. Bengals update.
Speaker 7: Will he brought to you by Good Spirits, Wine and Tobacco and Party Town explore enormous wine selections, holiday gift packs and the largest bourbons choices in the Tri States. I need some good Spirits, wine and tobacco and party Town.
Speaker 2: I need a party. I need some bourbon.
Speaker 7: Baseball Today, Pete Alonzo's headed to the Baltimore Orioles five year, one and fifty five million dollar deal deal.
Speaker 2: So he got more of a deal. He got a deal deal, He got more of a deal deal, and Swarmer got I would have taken Swarm over the Polar Bear. Yes or no? Yes, go ahead? Bengals update.
Speaker 7: Let's see the Bengals today signing wide receiver Xavier Johnson to their practice squad's first year player out of Ohio State, Cincinnati navid native, and he started Summit Country Day defensive ends Shamar Stewart remember him, huh, he's he's He's cleared the practice now. So that's another bus that he's been out since November fifteenth with a knee injury. He's been out since August. T Higgins limited again today at practice. How about his catches with his concussion protocol? He played, He played, He gave it all in the field of honor. Back to the Reds. They are considering maybe trading for Kettle Marte or Brandon Low.
Speaker 2: Eh So, I don't know Brandon Low. He's Kettle Marte.
Speaker 7: He's Kettle Marte is with the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: Is you any good? I think so? See what else? I'm still angry about this Swarmer situation. So you're saying it was only a mere thirty million dollars five million a year plus the fifth year, it was only a thirty million?
Speaker 6: Is that what I'm saying? Only thirty million? Rights that a lot of money.
Speaker 2: To you right now? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, maybe not to you or a Rocky. There's a lot of money to me.
Speaker 2: I'm a hard one, seg I'm the voice of the common man, for God's sakes.
Speaker 7: Miami RedHawks in college basketball tonight are at unc Ashville and Minnesota takes on number six per Due.
Speaker 2: It's sixty days until Super Bowl sixty. Of course, the Bengals don't think wait a minute, I'm watching Fox Sports this morning. Yeah, the windows open this year for the Bengals. Are you ready? They better get some Teme Starr and get some heat in there. Steelers lose or tie Miami. Yeah, bengalspeed handily the Ravens. Okay, all right, then it's down to two games and the next three games. If the Bengals win the next three and the Steelers lose one of the remaining three after they tie and tie one of the next two after that, the Bengals are in.
Speaker 7: Also, Willie, we say happy birthday today to number nine Bill Plummer, Joe Burrow Brow, Happy birthdays twenty nine. Right, Hot Stove League back to Baseball Hot Stove League tonight at six oh five, they're going to be talking to Mark Sheldon, who has been at the Winter Meetings that ends today. What its hesa and reliever Emilio Pagan is a special guest. He signed for a two year deal, right, Yeah, he was twenty million. Generally he was pretty good. Yes, not all the time, but you know, you got your ups and downs. You know that it being a sportsman that you are. Now, I have many ups and downs in my I want to have more ups and downs. Does I know that so I have too many downs, not enough ups. If they've got your tongue stuck to a metal pipe in the winter time, No you mean like out in the out in the playground, or like that like that movie.
Speaker 2: No you second list, get back to the commercials. Okay, give me out of the stuture. By the way, we have Carrie Severino coming up after two o'clock, and then tomorrow allegedly Jackson Trumpy will be here.
Speaker 7: Willie and honor of a cold day here at a trice date and rain. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge report.
Speaker 2: Always could be with you, Bill, See you later, Mike Dawine on news radio seven hundred w L Bill Cunningham, The Great America. One of the great conservative attorneys in America is Carrie Severino. Unfortunately she has a law degreeted from Harvard, which is was a great universe, Not so much anymore. I'm not sure. She also was a law clerk to the great Justice Clarence Thomas, and she was instrumental and getting Amy Coney Barrett and Brett cavanall both affirmed by the United States Senate. Wrote a book with my good friend Molly Hemingway on justice, on trial, the Kavanaugh confirmation, and the future of the US Supreme Court, and so much more. So once again, Carrie Severina, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. First of all, Kerry, tell us about this campaign finance case. We then have the tariffs case. We then have the Administrative state case, We then have the fourteenth Amendent case, so much more. First of all, what's before the US Supreme Court and the campaign finance matter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this has to do with an aspect of campaign finance law that says that party committees cannot coordinate certain expenditures with a candidate. And what's going on here is a challenge saying, Okay, years ago, when some of these campaign finance laws are put in place, there was a lot of stuff in them that in fact doesn't comport with the First Amendment. It's limiting people's First Amendment rights to particularly political speech. And the Court piece by piece has been kind of addressing this over the last decades. And if you look at it in light of today's understanding of free speech, this doesn't this just limitation doesn't make any sense because the only thing that the Court said you can limit political speech for is to avoid bribery, quid pro quo corruption with I give your campaign money and you do something for me, and that's just simply not a threat. When you're talking about coordination with a Republican Senatorial committee, for example, which is are the litigants in this case.
Speaker 2: Kerry Severino, Explain to the American people, why why is money free speech? Because many people think there's too much money. I don't let everybody talks my viewpoint, but American the Democrats want to limit it, and the Republicans certainly want to have unlimited Why why is money equal to free speech? Explain that to the American people.
Speaker 4: Well, look, in today's world, we're not campaigning by standing on a soapbox somewhere. And even if you were, someone's got to pay for that soatbox. You know, in order to be able to broadcast your message, you need to be able to pay for ads, to pay to get to different places in the country to give those speeches. And for someone it's not just the speech of the candidate, it is the speech of the person. If I want to support that can and speak in favor of that candidate, do I have to run my own ads? No, I'd like to donate to someone who can help run those ads, and that's that is my speech as a donor as well. You know, I agree it can be really frustrating the amount of money and politics how expensive that is. However, if we're going to have a republican democratic, democratic republic where we can communicate and have the American people weighing in on these things, they do need some way of getting that information, and unfortunately that's going to cost some money. And the bottom line is, even if it were if we think it's better to not have that kind of speech, well great, you just have to go back and amend the Constitution to do that. And if we could get a coalition across people to say, hey, we're going to limit it, fine, we can do that. But as it stands right now, the First Amendment does protect speech. We know the framers, particularly of all types of speech. They wanted to make sure we protected political speech, and so I think that's why I expect the court to be very protective of that in this NRSC case.
Speaker 2: Kerrie Sevareen, I want to pick your mind on this fourteenth Amendment issue. When it was passed in the eighteen late eighteenth maybe it was eighteen sixty eight after the Civil War, everyone intended it to include the slaves that the Democrats held in bond each for like one hundred and two hundred years, and the Republicans fought to free. That's a different issue. And all of a sudden, the fourteenth a membo of the past one hundred and sixty years, has morphed into something different that if you're born in this country, you're automatically a citizen. Where do you stand on the fourteenth Amendment? Automatic automatic citizenship for those born here even though their parents are here illegally.
Speaker 4: So I think this is something where originalism means it's a tougher question. Then again, just what do we think is a good system today?
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 4: Our immigration system looks a whole lot different, doesn't it than it did in eighteen sixty five? You know, our social services look a lot different. It used to be. You came here, First of all, you'd have to show that you actually could support yourself, and second of all, if you couldn't, you're not going to have the type of incredibly involved social services where you're going to get the education and the food and the everything else. So it's a different cost benefit analysis so definitely things have changed. The question is what did the Constitution mean? And that's really a question for historians. So that's where I think the briefing in this case is going to be important, because we can debate all day long what is the best system, But again, sometimes that might mean going back and saying, Okay, we need to amend this to clarify it. Well, as you said, the one thing we know for sure it was supposed to cover was the freed slaves, Absolutely right, But I think there's wrinkles about Okay, you know, we also know it's not supposed to cover say, an invading army or children of people who are here in a diplomatic mission or something. But there's a lot of gray area in between that we've historically been allowing the birth right citizenship we have now, but that isn't spoken to directly by the words, and so I think that's where we're going to have to look and see as the court drills down and says historically what was really understood in eighteen sixty five by that language.
Speaker 2: Is it fair to say that those who drafted the fourteenth Amendment did not take into account fifteen or twenty million illegals, many having children inside that they did not think about that when they drafted the fourteenth Amendment.
Speaker 4: It's hard to imagine how they could have right a very different situation. That's one of the challenges with interpreting our constitution is going, Okay, you know, they could just like search and seizure. They couldn't have imagined cell phones and what do we do with cell phone records? So the court is tasked with trying to interpret this language in light of some of these the changed realities of the chaise's world.
Speaker 2: So if the court that you've studied your entire life says it's up to the electoral process, the fourteenth Amendment could be amended because it takes two thirds of the House, two thirds of the Senate, three fourths of the states, the Democrats would never support that. Therefore, the fourteenth Amendment will not be amended. Therefore the status quo will be maintained. Is that correct?
Speaker 4: Well, assuming that that was true, But I have to say, I think we've seen a shift on this over the last few years because people had become so concerned on both parties of the number of people streaming across the border. So I don't think we can guarantee that that lineup is you know, forever. There's no way this ever gets changed, I really think. But again, we also don't even know the ultimate answer on the historical question yet, so that might be putting the cart before the horse.
Speaker 2: Carrie Severino, the Judicial Crisis Network. Let's talk about the administrative state that Democrats love, the administrative state, unelected bureaucrats. And I guess the argument is, we have an elected president, we have an unelected bureaucratic state making decisions that may be against what the American people want. So on one hand, you have the growth of the administrative state, especially the last fifteen or twenty years, that has taken over the rule of law in this country, all unelected. On the other hand, we elected a president, Donald Trump. Does Donald Trump have the power to discharge someone in the administrative state or it could be someone really important, like setting interest rates without cause simply because she's unelected. So should an unelected bureaucrat trump an elected president.
Speaker 4: Well, when you put it that way, right, it sounds pretty crazy.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Obviously we have no question about when a new president comes in, does he get to change out the Secretary of State? Of course, does he get to change out the secretary, of course, so we understand that personnelis policy. If you can't change the heads of these major agencies, then how are you going to have the policy that the American people just elected in a new president come into effect. The problem is we've created over the last ninety years, at least since this case that was being reconsidered now a state, there were people call these agencies independent, and that's.
Speaker 3: Kind of frightening.
Speaker 4: Independent of who, independent of the president and the legislature and the judiciary, you have a free floating, you know, horde of a thousands of people working for something that doesn't really fit comfortably in our constitutional system. This is not the three structures of the triparte governments that we all learned about in civics class or in schoolhouse rock. So I think this is a great step that the Court is coming back and looking at this. It's actually something they've been looking at and questioning the wisdom of for the last you know, several years, because we started to recognize how important those structural limits are and how far our current system has strayed. I think, you know, there was a lot of talk during arguments about just the sort of more I think they aren't you going to just totally upend the structure of government. And the bottom line is, if our structure of government is that far outside the constitution, then heck, yeah, we're we're going to upend all of that unconstitutional stuff. Take out those weeds so we can get back to what the constitution actually said. And if you're saying that's a night and day difference between the government we have now in the constitutional system, then that's all the more reason we need to get to work.
Speaker 2: Kerrie Savarino. It's called the fourth branch of government, which is the administrative state, the irs, etc.
Speaker 6: The Federal Reserve, all that stuff. There's tens of thousands that have can only be fired with cause, and that is something put in by the Congress so Congress can control the president. In this case the Federal Reserve, the president got sideways. One of the governors goes of our mortgage rate. I guess misrepresentations, and the president says, I want her to go, but her term wasn't up. Congress said it, well, it must be for cause. So I guess the issue is if the administrative state is the fourth branch of government, where does that exist in the constitution.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, the fourth branch is clearly not in the constitution. Now the Federal Reserve is going to be another sticky issue. The case we just heard argued was about the Federal Trade Commission, and I think that one is clearly going They're clearly going to say, hey, the president, if it's not there's no such thing as an agency that's existing in limbo here. If this is an executive agency, the head of the executive branch, that is, the president, has to have control over it. I do think from the way oral arguments went that there's been some suggestion, including on behalf of the president's lawyer, saying, Okay, the Federal Reserve is a little bit different, and they're going to argue that case. And I think that probably is going to come down more to whether this is really for cause or not, and if it's not for cause, they're going to open up a whole new can of worms. Because the Federal Reserve is going to be it still might end up that the president has controlled of it. I don't know where the court land on it, but it's going to be a slightly different question than the all of the other independent agencies because it's just a different beast.
Speaker 2: Isn't cause a subjective term. One person's cause is another person's irrelevancy. Really, if I think the female governor one of the Federal Reserve was a more conservative person, the president would say that there's no cause. On the other hand, if you want to get rid of somebody, there is cause. You have to find something. And so the arc form is for cause. Who determines what is cause?
Speaker 4: Well, that's where the court has to come back. And if you said for cause because she's wearing white shoes after Labor Day and I can't abide by that, you know the courts are going to say, Okay, no, that's not sufficient. So there's a whole body of case law and what kinds of things you can include is for cause? Otherwise you're right, it would just be a blank check and it doesn't really mean anything. So so I think the question is going to be whether when you have someone who's in a position of financial trust, like being on the Federal Reserve, that that type of more misstatements in her mortgage applications is going to qualify that's sufficiently similar to the kind of work she's doing at the fed that this would qualify his cause. And I think that those arguments are going to be held in January. We're going to find out where the court stands.
Speaker 2: On that, all right, Kerrie. Lastly, Carrie Severine, I love picking your mind tariff's legality or not. The President has hanged his hat on the issue of tariffs. They're quick, they're effective, It's raised hundreds of billions of dollars. Supposedly, it may impact inflation down the road at some point. Presidents said a day or two ago that Europe's going to impost tariffs on China. China is going to impost tariffs on Europe if I have to wait for the Congress to enact something that's going to be impossible as a consequence. Give me your crystal ball, Carrie Severino. On tariffs legal or not under the Constitution.
Speaker 4: I think the way that those arguments went, I suspect the Supreme Court is going to say that the President is taking this tariff power too far because and what they're concerned about is not just what's happening today and what President Trump's doing, but if you let declaring an emergency be considered incredibly broadly, the next Democrat president can say, well, it's a climate crisis, and that's an emergency, and I'm going to put one thousand percent taxes on everything made with petroleum products. You can't have language that is so broad that it becomes meaningless. And so I think the Supreme Court struggling with how do we make sure this language isn't a complete blank check of a meaningless term that any president can just do whatever they want with the tariff power. That makes me think they're going to probably want to limit this. That means limiting it for President Trump, but that also is going to mean limiting it for future Democratic presidents as well. Honestly, well, we only find out when they come out with the argument.
Speaker 2: About a minute remaining that trump'ster claims is going to be a financial crisis if he doesn't have the ability. I know, the Costco and others are suing the president for billions of dollars they get the money back, And one of the questions of one of the justices was, well, what happens if we go with your viewpoint and the president considers what if we say a tariff is like a tax, and the tax is only raised or lowered by the Congress, what if there's economic crisis causing a great depression to the Supreme Court justices, you know so well, would they react to the practicalities of a crisis that their order would create.
Speaker 4: I think the challenge is at this point you've got both sides saying there's going to be a crisis. If we did have a depression level event, then I think your president would have a much easier time saying, Okay, this is a clear emergency, and you might you might have a Supreme Court that is more sympathetic. But I think at this point it's challenging because both sides are going to say are telling you the sky's falling, and they can't both be right. So the Supreme Court's job, they're not really economists at the end of the day, to determine who's who's predictions about the markets are correct. They're having to look at what are the legal terms here, and you know, sometimes that might mean that the guy who is making all the correct economic predictions doesn't have the legal grounds. Nonetheless, one of our problems in our country right now is Congress is not doing what it should be in many cases in terms of passing bills. You've gotten some good ones passed recently, but for the buy and large, we need them to be actually taking the reins and doing the legislating and rather than just leaving it to presidents. So they need to actually be working.
Speaker 2: Get out to your crystal ball, Carrie Severino. You know Clarence Thomas quite well. He wrote a great book a few years back. It's one of my great guests. Love. I love the life and Times of Clarence Thomas. How cognizant is he of the biological clock? Father time is undefeated, untied, unscored on and come next summer will there be pressure on him to step down so this president can appoint someone with the same philosophy.
Speaker 4: You know, people are always asking these questions, and I think people make a very different analysis for their own selves than they do if you're just looking at the strategy. I don't think that that's the fundamental thing. And you even heard President Trump recently just say, you know, these are great justices, and honestly they're both kind of living their best lives. Justice Thomas and Justice Alito, who's the other one that gets talked about a lot. I haven't heard him say anything about plans to retire, But you know your guess is as good as mine. Stay tuned.
Speaker 2: Well. I hope he serves along, Hope he never dies. Hope he's like Methuselah. Hope he lives nine hundred years. It's unlikely, but we need to keep the court in our hands because God knows at times that people get it wrong all the time, and the Court's there is a stallwarts for individual freedom and rights. So in the campaign finance, you think you're in good shape. Tariff's lawyer, legality not so good to shape, Administrative state good shape. Fourteenth Amendment not so good a shape. Do I have that right?
Speaker 4: Well? I feel the last one's a little hard to predict until I hear the arguments on the fourteenth Amendment. I don't really know where we're going, but I think your other estimates. That's that's the bottom.
Speaker 2: Line, all right, Carrie Savarina, you're the best of this. May God bless you and God bless America. Carrie, Thank you very much, God bless you all. Let's continue with more news coming up your home of the Reds and Bengals News Radio seven hundred w l W. Obviously this one hurts, but no, we'll come back stronger.
Speaker 5: Hello, Yet I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 2: And I rock. I'm glad you're here to defend Notre Dame because the ads are going after yesterday. They're going after Notre Dame. Because you think you are. If you think you're so big, join a conference like the Big Ten. Play some real football games, not against Stanford, not against a bunch of sisters of the poor.
Speaker 5: Play.
Speaker 8: We basically play an a that's well, that's not very good.
Speaker 2: They could be year to year. Usually they're pretty good. But then you play you play like, uh, North Carolina State. You might play a Stanford. No, you don't play well, there's no US school teams that Notreame places. You got a big wake Forest game coming up Wake Forest. No, I mean they're in the ACC so they know you play around. I'd say, joined the Big Ten? Who do you think you are? Yeah, the other edias are saying, once again, who do you think you are?
Speaker 8: Notre Dame doesn't feel like splitting the money. Remember last year they go, they go the National Championship Game. How many other schools within their conference data to split the money with zero? That's all exactly, And the NBC deal that pays them as much as any conference.
Speaker 2: Catholics care about money, gambling and beer, Is that correct? Pretty important stuff. Yes, So the Notre Dame would have gotten five million dollars. Now they get nothing, and you'll love it. Yeah, yeah, five million dollars. I mean they're got a nineteen billion dollar endowment. How much nineteen billion? So say, okay, say it was three going to a three million to play in that ball.
Speaker 8: It's gonna cost a million to you know, for travel and odd stuff.
Speaker 2: So how does you see do against the base. It's not going to be noted.
Speaker 8: Everyone's like, oh, we get the last chance. The fans will see that the twenty twenty five fighting Iris. No, it'll be there'll be twelve guys that you know that are going to declare for the drafts. Remember a couple of years ago in Florida State, they finished thirteen to.
Speaker 2: Oh and then they were angry. They didn't get to go.
Speaker 8: Right, so a lot of them opted out and they got absolutely destroyed by Georgia and that kind of set off a chain reaction of let's call it mediocrity ball games.
Speaker 2: Right, ball games are.
Speaker 8: Done, you can tractually obligated to say that the Bulls are a great.
Speaker 2: Thing, they're wonderful. The Toilet Bowl, the Fiesta Bowl, the Bowl Ring, I don't know, Liberty Bowl, I'm taking Navy, I mean it. I mean those are all kind of like side show things.
Speaker 8: Bulls originated back when college football was more regional and you weren't traveling over place.
Speaker 2: Say let's let's meet up here and let's play in a.
Speaker 8: Bowl game in Southern it'd be great and fans to finally get to get a chance to see you.
Speaker 2: But it's just a different world. Now, say give me in a stuite report because we have to get back to the commercials as soon as possible.
Speaker 7: Will he the stood reporters of Proud Service, every local teme Star heating in air conditioning dealers, Thamestar, kwala, you could feel in Cincinnati, colwayomagair at one eight eight eight nine ninety six h v A c Notre Dame.
Speaker 2: That I played BYU would have been the Mormons versus the Catholics, and Joe Frederick would have made a boatload of money.
Speaker 8: Speaking of I'm glad you mentioned that Mormon. How did how did BYU join the Big twelve? How'd that work out for him?
Speaker 2: They did? They all of a sudden, go to the stratosphere, and they don't like the Mormons anymore.
Speaker 8: They like the Cat I'm saying, everyone's saying, notre dames, you'd join the conference by conference?
Speaker 2: Are are they in the college football playoff? Does that work out so well for him? Who is b Yu play?
Speaker 8: I don't know they play. They play in the Big twelves. They played Big twelve teams. They played Texas Tech, they played play in the bowl game. They go into a bowl game.
Speaker 2: Not sure, they played Texas Tech and a championship. I don't know where they go for the.
Speaker 8: You know they play Iowa State and Kansas State, and you know it's big twelve teams.
Speaker 2: Baylor, I mean a Mormon's big hitters or Mormons like Violet. I don't think Mormons. I watched that show. Bearcat fans don't like them.
Speaker 8: I love more American Primeval and the Mormons were some bad dudes, and bring him young back in the day.
Speaker 2: Bring the pop Tart Bowl? What is that the pop Tart bull? The giant pop Tarts are walking around the play Are they're going to say all that?
Speaker 8: Well, they're gonna play, but the question is how many of their players are going to play in the game.
Speaker 2: Don't know there's top guys are Mormons? I love Mormons? Please continue? Well, Bengals up.
Speaker 7: They brought to you by uh, let's see, somebody sure I about the liquor?
Speaker 2: Place to find the paper? Tequila makes her clothes fall off.
Speaker 7: That's a country brought to you by good spirits, wanted tobacco and party town.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 7: The Bengals have assigned wide receiver Xavier Johnson to the practice squad, first year player out of Ohio state since any native attended Summit Country Day. Chamar Stewart is back at practice.
Speaker 2: About that Rock.
Speaker 7: Shamar has since mid November with a knee injury t Haagen knee limited.
Speaker 8: Need him to work the workout, need him to have a last four games?
Speaker 2: Here? Just kids, Jamar Stewart, Are you kidding me? So we need He's got bertanidis, bert and iis bertanitis. Red's update. Get the latest on the winter meetings tonight?
Speaker 7: Well he stove league at six oh five here on seven hundred WLW do.
Speaker 2: You defend the Reds at all Rock? They offered five years, twenty million year and our twenty five. They offered twenty five million dollars less than the Phillies twenty five million.
Speaker 8: Less in baseball terms these days. Is that a lot of money, a little bit of money or average money. There's a lot of money to me and you, but.
Speaker 2: Not much money. Bas seg. I love you dearly, but you're not as serious.
Speaker 8: It's tough because I'm sure they sit in meetings and go how can we drive tickets sales?
Speaker 2: He was promotion. It's easy. People would show up to watch it. How about the polar bear segment? Please continue?
Speaker 7: Pete Alonzo Willie, speaking of the polar Berry leaves the Mets five year, one hundred and fifty five million dollar deal to join the Baltimore Orioles.
Speaker 2: Seg your rock, your reaction to that one?
Speaker 4: No comment?
Speaker 2: Please continue? He's making more than Swarmer.
Speaker 7: Let's see, it's sixty days until the Super Bowl. Rock is right around the corner, a hundred six days to opening day. And happy birthday the number nine, Bill Plumber Joe Burrow, Please continue.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday, he probably got a birthday. He's twenty nine. He's getting old. He's getting old. Does Philip Philip Rivers have a chance. He's a grandfather. He's forty four. He's a grandfatherland. I mean, I'm interested in you know, you're looking Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco. But Flacker has been playing. He hasn't played for five years. It's true, five years. It's a disaster in that five years a long time. It's a long time.
Speaker 7: The culture of the talk of the NFL until like a few weeks ago, they've they've followed on hard times.
Speaker 2: Daddy injuries, injuries, injuries. Berton Itis is when you were a high draft pick for the l s U and then you come here and we don't know why, what's the problem. What is the problem with Burton? Why can't he function as a wide receiver? He's unclaimed by nobody. Imagine if you were released by here and care is he an essay?
Speaker 8: I didn't pick you up? How would you feel about that? I talked about this with Tom Brennaman this morning. I've seen it a million times. You get guys that show you that want to play in the league. In their whole life, they've been the fastest, the biggest, the best, and you know they haven't had to put in as much work. And the guys that make it in the league are the ones that want to study the game, actually love the game and not what the game brings them.
Speaker 2: And I'm not sure ever really grind it out, learning the playbook and learn the grind it out. You got to grind wide receiver, got to grind it like ozempic. Gotta grind, You gotta grind, you gotta grind, you gotta grind segment.
Speaker 8: It's crazy because you know, someone like him, with with the talent that a lot of other people would die to have, they just can't make it because they're not as physically talent, but have the will, have the they wanted, you know, the desire to study. And he didn't know what where to be called a slap in the face of those guys. He's got this golden opportunity.
Speaker 2: It's kind of yeah, oh well, I guess sixty thousand dollars a week to him is no big deal. He's about to find out reality.
Speaker 8: I'm interested in this heck to see if anybody picks him up, is then they pick a flyer up on that he said unclaimed and one went through. So but Jermaine Germaine, you know.
Speaker 2: Maybe'll go to the UFL.
Speaker 8: But he was I mean, he was a red flag before the draft, and I know the Bengals felt they stole a guy that had kind of first round talent get him in the third.
Speaker 2: Over all, right, And and I said, what you want about Zach Taylor.
Speaker 8: I think he does a good job of, you know, building culture and and doing all that.
Speaker 2: And even he couldn't get him to Jamar Chase tried like crazy because you know they're built the same they you know, it's the same building, everything, same talent. One is all time great. The other guy can't get on the field. It's all about what's between.
Speaker 8: Wolves, football and the other loves of segment is not as easy as I make it.
Speaker 2: Look. I know where you're coming from. And by the way, you're not a serious person. Okay, thank him? All right, Rock? What's on the big show today? I don't know. I have no idea. Well, do you have your right?
Speaker 8: I get we got Dan Monk Kroger is telling folks after first of the year, everybody's got to come back, no more remote work back in the building. I would hope that would have happened before this. Rodney McMullin would have had him back quicker. Yeah, ending their work remote work arrangements in January, and I guess they got a new uh Kruger is a new delivery strategy involving.
Speaker 2: I always buy from I love Kroger. I buy from West Barney.
Speaker 8: And then see at four o'clock we have our Glenn Clark, who's our Ravens guys, the Glen Clark radio show, talk about the big game this weekend, and then you're joining us at five o'clock.
Speaker 2: Got cold as the well Diggers behind today. It's going to be cold on Sunday. But they just beat the Ravens. Get the same playbook out, repeat the same and then do it again. Beat them and if the Steelers lose to the Dolphins, then have a two ties in the last three games and the Bengals sweep out, they get to the playoffs. Very simple, it's very simple segment. Let's get back to the commercials. Give me out of the student's report.
Speaker 7: Will he and honor of a cold and rainy day here in the tri State. We leave you with the immortal words of the stood report.
Speaker 2: Kid, don't get too high when it's great, it don't get too low when it's back. Am I miss that guy? Thank you, cowboy? I miss him and Tommy back at it Rock. Good luck to you, thank you. Notre Dame is too big for your breitches on seven hundred Ald