Speaker 1: Movies are back, The Doomsday Dud leaves my pants full of mud, the.
Speaker 2: Living embodiment of film likes AI.
Speaker 1: Oh, the Wolverine game looks bloody good mate.
Speaker 2: Oh of that and so much more here on news Dump. What on bag Dog?
Speaker 1: You prompted me, Yeah, British voice and then gave me Australian.
Speaker 2: That was on purpe material that was on purpose. I almost talked a little bit of Scottish in there for you too. It's all the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, hey, good, nice jersey got on there.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jeff Bagwell, bagpipes.
Speaker 1: Love Bagwell, love Bagwell.
Speaker 2: I've seen this jersey a couple times, even at Macy's where I pick it up, flip it to the back and I say, easy, oh, get this shit out of my face.
Speaker 1: Gross.
Speaker 2: I would never be seen, would be caught dead in a Craigbegio jersey. But I have the throwback Astros pullover.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's nice, no buttons on it. If we had to come up with core concepts, core beliefs of this podcast, Anti Bigio, yeah that one of the main three or four anti best.
Speaker 2: I think that we formed this podcast on our love for Norm MacDonald and our hatred for Craig Begio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. There's another core value of the Macogoo podcast right there.
Speaker 2: Comment down below, tweet at us Instagram. Let's figure out a ten commandments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ten commandments, the ten core values of the Macogoo podcast. We just came up with two of them. Nor McDonald love Craig Bigio.
Speaker 2: Hey, ten goo macments. There you go.
Speaker 1: You really nailed that.
Speaker 2: I guess that'd be the third one. Sure, sure, Mac Over at the box office this upcoming weekend, we've got ourselves a little battle brewing, a little brew ha ha, a brew haha. We have a boo haha if you will, because we have two low budget horror movies that are cleaning up back rooms and obsession. Obsession isn't its fourth weekend, and while it has been rising over the last couple, let's not expect it to suddenly have a fifty million dollar weekend.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, but I did read go shortly before we hit the airwaves here that Obsession and back Rooms are both expected to beat Masters of the Universe in Britain, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: And you just did that British accent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oi oi, bloody hell.
Speaker 2: But it is looking like scary movie. You could call it Scary Movie six. I know the Waynes Brothers don't want to do that because they had nothing to do with three, four, and five, and Marlin hates those fucking movies. Didn't get paid for those, No, they were taken from.
Speaker 1: Them imminent domain. How'd they do that?
Speaker 2: Read a book?
Speaker 1: Alright, my bed.
Speaker 2: I believe as Zucker Brothers did three, and that's why it was still okay okay either way. It is looking like Scary Movie is gonna make about forty five to fifty million dollars in its opening weekend. It is not doing well with critics right now, twenty percent on roddy t's thirty five on Metacritic. But here's the thing. The audience that wants to see this movie doesn't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I question if there is an audience for the movie. Ogu. You know how many people were actually gonna show out for Scary Movie six aka Scary Movie three.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of excited.
Speaker 1: Now, are you gonna see it in the theater?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You know how It's one of those things though, where like, now that it's right there in front of me, I'm like, okay, I'll see that.
Speaker 1: I like the Waynes brothers. Don't get me wrong, I just I don't think I've laughed at the scary movie probably since Scary Movie three.
Speaker 2: So Scary Movie two was their last one.
Speaker 1: That was the one with signs crop circles.
Speaker 2: Yes, no signs crops. That was Scary Movie three.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So that's what I'm thinking of.
Speaker 2: So I believe that Merrimax went to the Waynes brothers and the Wayne's brothers said Okay, we want to make more money for this, and they said, nah, it's ours.
Speaker 1: They say, go fuck yourself.
Speaker 2: That's what Harvey Weinstein said. Yes, So scary movies up there. Also, you mentioned new to the theaters this weekend as Masters of the Universe doing okay with the critics, though seventy five on roddy te's fifty four on Meta projected to make about thirty to forty million. I'm not quite sure who the audience is though, because I've seen people say like, this isn't really for the people who loved it in the eighties.
Speaker 1: That's what I've seen, And if that's the case, who wants to see it? Yeah, it sounds like this movie unfortunately middled it. They tried to appease the critics, and in doing so, they're not pleasing the core values. The core values of Masters of the Universe, the couple, not the couple. The predominant online chatter has been like, this movie's not very good, but the critics don't hate it.
Speaker 2: Because when I see any trailer for this thor Ragnarok.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm not getting that.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that they're trying to be thor Rack.
Speaker 1: No, but no, because I read the director whose name escapes me at the moment Travis Knight went out of his way to see and went out of his way. I thought he was a Transformers movie at some point, went out of his way to talk about how he was trying to not make the movie comedic and not make it like ironic, and maybe in doing so he left all.
Speaker 2: Of the trailers make me think that everyone is like satiring.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you can have Jared le doing Skeletor and not be have fun with it, you.
Speaker 2: Know, So I am Jared Letto. That's just my impression of Jared Letto. So the returning movies coming back this weekend. Also, by the way, I believe what is the other one? The Paul Rudd and Jonas Jonas one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which I want to see that. I do want to see that, but it's gonna finish in a distant six or seven.
Speaker 2: But I did see Roddy TZ one hundred reviews like eighty eight percent. Oh, I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: But the returning movies to the theater this weekend, really this is a huge thing because I saw that AMC had its highest theater attendance since twenty nineteen in May because of these movies, and that is backrooms. It is set up to possibly make another fifty million dollars in its sophomore weekend. It is already a twenty four's highest grossing domestic film of all time, and by the time this podcast comes out, it'll be over one hundred million domestic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's truly impressive. You know, I have talked to a couple of people that have seen the movie who an't very impressed. But all that aside, you know, quite the accomplishment for the studio, for the director. I also, which we should have noted maybe last week or the beginning of this week, Obsession by the way beat Manduin Grogu. Last week in seventeen hundred less theaters, which is insane to think about. So finished a distance second to backrooms, but had way less theaters like that. If you're talking bank for your buck, that's real. And between you and I, that's the one we want to see over backrooms and we will get So.
Speaker 2: I have already seen Obsession, and I'm pissed at you that you have not seen it yet because I crammed it last night and then as soon as I watched it, I immediately put on the new rock Star Breakdown. He did a great job of it.
Speaker 1: So you liked it that much that I loved it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So that's a tease for next week. I wanted to talk about it today. I was so excited to talk about it today, and then Max said, let's talk about it next week and I said.
Speaker 1: I said, I don't have any time to see this movie.
Speaker 2: But having said that, fucking go see it. And people are This is the first movie since et to have a higher person on his box office in its second week and then again in its third week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's truly. You see it every so often, maybe a couple times a year, two, three, four, five, handful times a year. That the second week hits, but having the third week higher than the second week is banana.
Speaker 2: Amazing word of mouth and what so I personally like I just said, I love it. I recommend it, and my wife, who is not a horror person, she also loved it because like this, it only dips its toes in the horror genre. It's more just about the storytelling. And I forget who the actress is who plays the main character. She is unbelievable and she is gonna at the end of the year tip our cap right here, she is gonna win for charming my pants off.
Speaker 1: Oh all right? And newcomer is she knew?
Speaker 2: I'm assuming I think most of them are newcomers. I'm also going to nominate the second male lead for Future Clark Duke Award.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I like that, not Plomp. This has me even more excited for a movie I'm more excited for because of our excitement level for it, and it's still landing. And then Some for You has me excited.
Speaker 2: And then Mandalorian and Grogu has been pulled from Imax theaters because if it's disappointing second weekend in order to get he Man in there.
Speaker 1: I mean it's not gonna hit two hundred million domestic. It's gonna be the worst Star Wars movie at the box office ever. We talked about that being a possibility and it becoming falling short of Solo. It's not even gonna get remotely close to.
Speaker 2: Solo because in order to make a huge amount of money, you not only need to get people to go and see your movie, you need to get people to go and see it multiple times.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And the way you do that is getting into the market of kids. The kids are gonna be the ones that want to see it over and over, which reminds me, have you shown your son? Okay, now I am intrigued. I mean, you make a good point that maybe it possibly is for kids, but I don't know because the kids weren't watching the Disney Plus show Oh.
Speaker 2: The Mandalorian and Grogu. Yeah, I don't think the kids are watching it. Also, well, I think the show was more adult orient that's what that movie is.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. I don't think kids were watching the show, so you can't expect kids to be gassed up for this little Green guy, which also makes me think that the child eyes them up a little bit more because it was a new, first time audience for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I remember watching season two of The Mandalorian and Grogu with my two year old son and he pointed to the frog Lady and said, I want that toy. I want that action figure.
Speaker 1: Fucking frog Lady. I forgot about that bitch.
Speaker 2: So big weekend at the theaters, go see Obsession and backrooms are gonna see back Rooms soon too. News demp On our final trailer for super Girl, we see her getting her iconic Supergirl outfit from her cousin Clark, got a little more Lobo, a little more of Jason Momoa. I think they need to tread lightly on how much they use Lobo, and then finally we see more of her murder is vengeance after the poisoning of her dog.
Speaker 1: This trailer in particular piqued my interest because obviously she's a different character than Superman, but going out of the way.
Speaker 2: To tell you, oh, oh they're different.
Speaker 1: They're going out of here their way to tell you that, Like, she's a little more unhinged. So I hope we get a couple like really fun kills in this, Like I want her to kill people. Yeah, Superman's like not really killing people.
Speaker 2: I want murder. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I I'm pretty intrigued by this movie. I'm not expecting it to be my favorite movie ever. But if this can get to like the first wonder Woman levels and exceed that a little bit, I think we're in for a really good movie.
Speaker 2: I'm expecting a better finish.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree, And it's gonna be probably inherently more fun than that movie too. So I'm fully expecting like a thirty six dog movie.
Speaker 2: HEREKU take it down a little bit.
Speaker 1: Fuck you.
Speaker 2: News Dope cut our first Luke first look, not luth at Lex Luthor's warsuit. It has been teased on social media for Man of Tomorrow. Also, we found out that the movie Man of Tomorrow the next Superman movie, not specifically just to Superman, but it is two years after Superman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which makes sense. You know, Luthor's probably found his way out of prison built back up. It does seem like, even though this shit has leaked, my understanding is that these two are gonna team up at some point in this movie. So well, what we're seeing release is probably first act type of stuff.
Speaker 2: News Damp Robert Pattinson on when The Batman two kept on getting delayed, he said.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I was being distracted. I said my understanding, which made me think of the office scene where they're like, Michael, what made you think that? It was my understanding? Thank you, David Wallace. Robert Pattinson said, I'm like, well, I'll do another movie in between, and then I ended up doing a fucking a lot of movies. That was via GQ magazine. Love a good swear. I'm sorry I didn't do a Cockamaney accent there said Amaney.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are all over the Brits today.
Speaker 1: Pattinson has been in a lot of fucking movies these last couple of years, just just in a holding pattern waiting for the Batman too.
Speaker 2: I also like the report. I think he did one of those magazines with Tom Holland and Matt Damon Playgirl. He did Playgirl. They are They all laid out on a giant, emptied out bear touch tips, so he was the only one. So when every actor was offered their role in the Odyssey, everyone immediately said yes to Christopher Nolan, and when they asked Pattinson, he said, yeah, let me see the script.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe if I have time.
Speaker 2: If I like the script, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: It is amazing that, like that should be the question that people ask. But Nolan's gotten to the point that he's even after Tenant, he's still bulletproof.
Speaker 2: So it's Nolan right now has a monopoly on whenever he wants to do a movie. Any actor that he wants in that movie because of some of the other slop that they have to be in, they'll immediately do it.
Speaker 1: It's him in Villaneuve, right, those are the two that I mean.
Speaker 2: I would say Nolan over Villaneuve, and maybe after the Dune stuff is over, villa Neuve will be able to.
Speaker 1: I think no one. Yeah, in terms of, like, you know, what he's earned and what he's deserved. But I wouldn't say better then greater.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying better than. I'm saying like he gets immediate yeses, fair news damp Kevin Figy, well, I just skipped one. I'll jump back to whatever. Well whatever. Kevin Feige says that ant Man is more of an elder Statesman now dealing with other new characters and Avengers Doomsday.
Speaker 1: I saw this gu and it got me thinking. We saw Quantumnia and everything that he's gone through, from being the one that sort of you know, helped save the Avengers and Endgame and then dealing with Quantumania. This man's been through a fucking lot. Like outside of our main three, this guy's been through the most.
Speaker 2: Now, Hulk Helkes live in a cushy life. I'm trying to kill himself. Live in a cushy life, right, and he spit the.
Speaker 1: Bull I'd give you Loki. Loki would be the Natasha.
Speaker 2: No, he's dead hawk guy.
Speaker 1: He's deaf, deafish. So I like the idea, and this play is perfectly into Paul Rudd's best traits too. I like the idea of him being like over the hill, kind of like all right, can someone else please do this? Also, it'll be good for him.
Speaker 2: It's like that old joke if you can't do teach, and if you can't teach, teach Jim he feels like a gym teacher. Yes, yes, because he also he wasn't a great hero. He just kind of sure he fell into it.
Speaker 1: This role should suit him well in the movie.
Speaker 2: That's not a shot at Jim Teachers, by the way. That's from School of Rock. The iconic Mike White movie.
Speaker 1: I gotta see the sophomore or junior year in Jim once from Robert Fratto because I tried too hard. I was trying too hard in Jim.
Speaker 2: I think of that with you on this podcast sometimes too often, almost every problem like he's trying too hard, right, so hard, dope. The Russo Brothers teased a bit big surprise for Avengers Doomsday at SXSW London on June second. And what was that surprise? Mac?
Speaker 1: First of all, that is south by Southwest. I think that's easier to say than sx S.
Speaker 2: You should have changed the notes then because I didn't know what it was.
Speaker 1: Uh, these motherfuckers they know exactly what they're doing. We cannot be fucking eighteen years into your goddamn universe for you to tease this big surprise in it to be fucking like a doom coffee mugg or whatever the fuck it was. Yeah, whatever the fuck it actually was a Laverian flag fucking coffee mugg and Crowns. Get the fuck out of here, Get out of my face with that. We have been waiting for two months for a doomsday trailer, which you showed at some fucking event in April and you still haven't given it to us. You're just you're just pulling my you're yanking my balls right now. My balls are in a vice script. Please give it to me.
Speaker 2: Mac was so excited about this, and he never wants to do extra work. He said that he wanted to do a surprise news dump with just this, specially when they announced a special one. And I'm like, yeah, sure, I'll I'm all about doing more content. Sure, and Mac wanted to do more, so I gave him a c but then I said, okay, let's see what it is. And it was a fucking bag of coffee. Incredible, It's crazy.
Speaker 1: I would love First of all, bags of coffee are very throwable of really nice thing. The throw too great. I would love to huck a bag of beans at these two fucks right now.
Speaker 2: So not ground up, full beans, full bean, full bean news damp. Tom Holland said he wants to repay the favor and have Spider Man up here in an MCU TV episode with the Punisher Let's say what rate it all version of Spider Man looks Mike the Empire Magazine. That's a good Tom, thank you.
Speaker 1: We know, as a matter of legality, here. This is never gonna happen. So he's never gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I want to be in twenty five episodes of The Punisher. That won't let me do my choice.
Speaker 1: If I had my choice, I'd be in.
Speaker 2: I went to the set every day for a month and they said, Tom, you stay on that sideline.
Speaker 1: Here's the question I do have. Yeah, Marvel Television, So if they do the one off like the Punisher thing, LL like.
Speaker 2: It isn't a TV show if it's especially I think if it's straight to streaming, it counts as that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he's never we're never going to see him, then we're never.
Speaker 2: I don't think. So. Yeah, he's that OI. You see this fucking Wolverine PS five game trailer, Mac.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's has been a few years of the making. Here they tease this two three years ago, and I've been looking forward to this since.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking the other day I don't use my PS five anymore, maybe I should sell it. But then this came out almost a day later, all the way back in I'm so excited that I still have a PS five and I just can't have it. This is full of blood. When he gets blasted in the back. His uniform still sets, it's still all torn up, but his regenerative body forms back and it is blood all over the suit, but his body is okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like they spent an awful lot of time dedicated to when something happens to you, you see it and it stays there, which I really appreciate.
Speaker 2: This is not an open world. It is linear, which I'm okay with. I'm okay with that too, because sometimes when it's an open world, there's not as much focus on like let's get to this, this and this. It's more, hey, go explore.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I got lost playing the Spider Man games because that was pseudo open world. It was linear the story, but you didn't have to do it all right in a row because all I.
Speaker 2: Was doing I was web slinging and doing kickflips. Yeah, that's all I wanted to do.
Speaker 1: So this game is set in that world that the Insomnia Spider Man is in.
Speaker 2: Spider Man's not going to appear at least not this first one, and Wolverine is the only playable character, but other characters will show up to either aid or be his friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which you know, I'm okay with we don't have any game like this yet. We haven't. They made a game for the Origins Wolverine movie and people like that because of a sweet game, the Claw Action. I never played it, so we've been dying for this. We've been wanting this for a while now. When we get to a second game, because obviously they always do second games, I want a little bit more of that, a little more open world, a little more maybe multi character type of thing. But it is interesting to note that in this universe, the Insomniac Spider Man universe, the Avengers exist, but the X Men don't.
Speaker 2: But we do see Gene Gray in this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wolverine's gonna be on some other X team. Jean Gray's in it, saber Tooths in it, There's a few other notable characters. So I think that's gonna piss a lot of people off. But ultimately, I don't really care about the story. I care about the gore.
Speaker 2: It's not like they're making us play as a shitty X Men and then Wolverine shows up and you're like, I want to be him. I want to be that guy, and they're like, no, you can't. You gotta be.
Speaker 1: Jubilee Jubilee was gonna be my fault.
Speaker 2: I was trying to think of someone a little bit worse. But I'm like, Jubilee's okay. But also, oh, we didn't talk about fucking that's ninety seven. Who's dumb. Oh shit, I'm forgot. They give us for X ninety seven last week.
Speaker 1: Oh, come in my face, Come lord. It's so good. It looks so good. It looks like they're building upon everything that we want them to build upon. They're not just doing some random shit, you know, the t's that we get left off with at the end of season one, with the time travel and Apocalypse. It looks awesome. It looks amazing. I'm so excited for.
Speaker 2: And the X Men. They're scattered across timelines and Apocalypse. I love this line. It made me laugh. He's like, looks like I'm going to the nineties. I'm like, I'm right there with the Apocalypse right way.
Speaker 1: I love and even if this is a two season arc, I love that they're gonna have to battle Apocalypse during different time frames and then come back together, probably in the nineties, to defeat them. And I know it's got It's got me hard goo, It's got me full show.
Speaker 2: Do you want to retcon your Diginal X Men ninety seven season one? Score?
Speaker 1: No, because what I talked about is hot where it's gonna lead, and it's leading exactly where I want. Season one served a purpose.
Speaker 2: I'm on the right side of history. I said forty What fuck you would I give it thirty eight or something like? That's some stupid number. So you're like, I fucking hate this show thirty eight hot dogs, whereas I am just off the trailer. It's gonna be a forty dog season.
Speaker 1: See. But now you've run into the issue. Goo. If season two is better than season one, you can't give it forty one hot dogs.
Speaker 2: It can be just a higher on the tier.
Speaker 1: Get it.
Speaker 2: I don't know how tears work, so I don't whatever. We haven't done that. We haven't done this. By the way, I was looking at the numbers the other day. I believe we have five hundred and fifty eight standalone like regular episodes. Then you add the I want to say, four hundred news dumps. Okay, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Great quts?
Speaker 2: What would be a great question? We're just out here having fun news dump about having fun? Ma He Score says he's got his little fingers dipped in that AI. He is partner. He's a partner and advisor for a generative AI startup. I forget what it's called, but he used that AI to storyboard his upcoming movie.
Speaker 1: You know who should not have any say, influence or involvement whatsoever with artificial intelligence. It's old white dudes who are probably pretty blind. You know that, today, yesterday, and every day since AI videos have been a thing. Marty Scorsese has fallen for AI videos. I don't want this fella touching anything with AI. Have an advisor, have someone that works under him that utilizes it, but please keep the olds away from the AI.
Speaker 2: My dad, at least once a week when I go to their house, we'll say, check out this video, and like, there's no way that someone caught on camera and Orca fighting a polar bear.
Speaker 1: My girlfriend had a too long, two day long argument with her father via text because he sent her a video of two ducks dancing synchronized dance and he's like, check this out, and she's like, Dad, that's clearly AI. He's like, no, it's not, no, no. They argued about it for two days. He's sending all sorts. She's like, I don't, he's He's. What they're stuck at is they don't understand that AI has circumfented CG, So they don't think someone can do a CGI version of those things, which may may may or may not be true. But they don't understand that AI has jumped that gap, that AI can do fucking anything, Like just.
Speaker 2: Go into every video assuming that it's fake, and then I, like us, assume every one of these podcasts they're all fake, these are all AI podcasts. But the thing with Scorsese is he is He's captain Cinema, He's captain film. He's captain the art of making a movie. Captain eyebrows, big thick eyebrows that Mac wants to non but the man that is championed making movies the right way AI.
Speaker 1: And that thus proves the point too, where like everything I just said, if Marty Scorsese at one hundred and seventeen years old, can utilize AI, it is useful. It has its place.
Speaker 2: So you're saying, so you're siding with AI. Who would I'm more saying that Mary's a bit of a hypocrite.
Speaker 1: Oh he one hundred per Yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, as long as we a great news Dump. Zack Snyder is set to write and direct a new adaptation of Escape from New York. This is via thhr And before you start yelling like a maniac, let's not forget that he has done some good remakes.
Speaker 1: His best movie is possibly a remake of Donna the Dead.
Speaker 2: So there we go, news Dump.
Speaker 1: Goodbye James Gunn I think it was yeah.
Speaker 2: He was one of the writers. No, I just news dumped.
Speaker 1: You keuncked on me too quick. I had another bag of beans left that I then threw Zack Snyder's head. I got one waiting for Ryan Johnson too.
Speaker 2: How dare you now if you got a new teaser for Coyote Vers act me, it's a parody of Avengers dooms Day. Remember when they were like Steve Rogers will return, Coyotie Verse actme? Did bugs Bunny will return?
Speaker 1: Baseline? Where does this movie need to be to not disappoint you?
Speaker 2: Just come out, Just just come out, just come out. I'm in.
Speaker 1: But all after all this kerfuffle, if it's dog shit, that's gonna be really disappointing.
Speaker 2: I will say so, like I explain, and I show my son. So many of the characters that I watched as a kid, and I'll see him get excited or he'll be like, oh, do they make new ones? Do they have toys for this whatever? And when I show him Looney Tune stuff, zero interest.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. I loved Taz as a kid.
Speaker 2: That's the first one that I showed him. I showed him the first appearance of Taz and he's like, this doesn't seem like accurate to nature. I'm like, well, no, it's a cartoon. Yeah, he's a future zoologists, but sure. Yeah, he kind of liked Taz, but he wasn't over the moon over bugs Bunny.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: So you're saying I should show him some Daffy Duck, some porky pig, Speedy Gonzalez. Yeah, pull up the old Pepela pews and say hey, you can't do this no more? Uh?
Speaker 1: Does he like what am I looking? Does he like Muppets?
Speaker 2: He loved Muppets for a hot second, all about Muppet babies. I would then show him some Muppet stuff. Well, the new Muppet Babies. They don't sing that song he liked Animal, Yeah, it's my dad's favorite. That's your dad. Oh, he's a rocker. Your dad's a rocker, like that movie with Rain Wilson. The rocker, I'm pretty sure is what it's called. He was a drummer. Sure, he lived in someone's basement.
Speaker 1: It's unfortunate that rain Wilson never really found footing outside of the office.
Speaker 2: Having said that, I think he's doing okay.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's doing okay. It's it's somewhat similar to Nick Offerman never really found his footing outside of him.
Speaker 2: No, but nick Offerman has those niche roles like whenever someone needs a burly wilderness man, they let's call Nick Offerman. He'd also he does a lot of voice over work too.
Speaker 1: I mean, Rain Wilson, unfortunately, is just in that like Dwight reached Costanza levels. Record You're just gonna be seen, Yeah, combination of those two. You're just gonna be seen that way always and forever.
Speaker 2: So once again credit to Julia Louis Dreyfus. Yeah, Old Adventures of New Christine News Dump. And then finally we got a trailer for the movie. By any means, this will star Yahya abdul Mateen the second and Mark Wahlberg. Mark Wahlberg is playing I forget the mobster's name. It's based off a true story, but it's a hit man who teams up with the FBI and they investigate murders of civil rights leaders in the nineteen sixties.
Speaker 1: I don't love that Wahlberg's in it, but Yaya has been in a lot.
Speaker 2: Yah Yeah, it's great And that's the reason why I put it in news dump. If this was just a Mark Wahlberg FBI movie, I'm all set. But this is that. And also Wahlberg, he transforms his look quite a bit. Yeah, but did so. Did you see the trailer? No, his voice is not transformed. His voice is. At one point he shoots a cop and then Yah Yah is like, hey man, you shot a cop? And then Mark Wahlberg goes, are there any witnesses?
Speaker 1: Here's a good question for you. What was the last Mark Wahlberg movie that you genuinely enjoyed?
Speaker 2: I mean, the other guys definitely pops out to twenty ten. Also the other guys I've watched a lot of who's the director for obsession? Oh? That comedy guy was a Curry Barker. Curry Barker. It might be so his favorite comedy of all time. The other guys.
Speaker 1: The other guy is just criminally underrated. It's probably I think it's in my rush more of Will Ferrell movies. I thought I was thinking about that the other day. You have step brothers, you have Anchorman. Then it gets dicey from there. I would have the other guys in the conversation after those two elves there.
Speaker 2: I'll talk more about Barker in the Obsession episode next week. I kind of like his comedy sketches. Have you seen them?
Speaker 1: I've seen a couple of really funny ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he also so they feel like at their best they're bad. I think you should leave sketches and it's more extreme.
Speaker 1: There's more. There's plenty more misses, but the funny stuff is pretty funny. Let me quit give you a quick wallberg rundown. I liked Ted. Let's let's go back to twenty ten and do everything after.
Speaker 2: He's an executive producer on Ballers.
Speaker 1: So twenty ten, we had the other guys in the fighter. Ted is twenty twelve. Then you know what I liked Loan Survivor. Actually that was twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: That might be the last one.
Speaker 1: Two Guns was underwhelming.
Speaker 2: Pain and Gain was underwell, a Matrio stay that's based off a true story, and he's real.
Speaker 1: Transformers Age of Extinction was not good. The Entourage movie he was in, Ted two was okay, Daddy saw him not very good.
Speaker 2: They made two of those though, so then yeah, so then he.
Speaker 1: Went on this Run to Deep Water Horizon, Patriots Day, Transformers The Last Night not good. So it's been thirteen years since we've gotten a good Wallberg movie.
Speaker 2: Jay made a second Family Plan.
Speaker 1: Uncharted was okay. He's made a lot of stuff that's not terrible, but it's not good.
Speaker 2: It was down checks out at the top of next week, we are gonna do Obsession. You better fucking see Obsession.
Speaker 1: You piece by next week.
Speaker 2: By next week, go and see it this afternoon.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I might I fuck it. I love the movie. I'm hoping to see it in an hour and thirty minutes in the watertime.
Speaker 2: It stars Squirmy Wormy, not Clark Duke.
Speaker 1: The issue is I gotta get ready for work in between now and then, and if I'm not, I can't go see the movie.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the lead actress so much. The other actress also good in it. Also, the second lead is his buddy from those comedy videos I did. I did recognize that, which I also didn't love because I don't love him in the comedy videos. So then when he pops up there, I'm like, I already don't like this guy. Is that? Is that a me issue? Bo me issue? Possibly it's a problem with me.
Speaker 1: Here's a question I have for you. Is Obsession your favorite movie on the year?
Speaker 2: So yes, But also I've been underwhelmed, yeah, by what we've gotten so far. I mean Project Hail Mary was number.
Speaker 1: One, Okay, so it unseats that I think I had a Hail Mary like thirty five hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: But here's a little something for you too, is that by the time we talk about Obsession next week, I might have already seen Scary Movie. So let's see if it holds out.
Speaker 1: I have Project Hill Mary thirty six, the Bone Tuble at thirty five. So those are the two top contenders on the year so far, and I'm expecting this to come in above those based on what you're telling me.
Speaker 2: Also, not to waste more time, but Scary Movie did come back at the perfect time of now. There's so many horror movies that they're ready to probably make another one in two years with these new movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't think the appetites there for it.
Speaker 2: If it makes a hundred million, they're gonna make another one. Yeah. And I think it is because it's old school comedy. They don't care who they offend.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be like, oh, you're wearing a mask.
Speaker 2: It's COVID.
Speaker 1: Isn't that funny?
Speaker 2: You've already seen the movie. It is dep