Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go again.
Speaker 1: We're going to running back to get in on the show called eight six six eight seven two five seven, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. Here's your host, David Vase.
Speaker 2: Last what a show in the desert by Sho Hao Tani and the Dodgers as they pummeled the Diamondbacks tonight in Game three of this four game series, shutting out the Snake seven to nothing behind six shutout innings by show Hao Tani, who had six strikeouts to win his sixth game of the year, and Otani allowed just two hits. He had more hits than the entire Diamonds team had off of him or in the entire game. The only two hits Arizona got was in the sixth inning and they were both singles off Otani. Digest that for a second Otani three hits tonight. He was on base five times. The Diamondbacks as a team only had two hits all night long, and the Dodgers behind Otani scored seven runs on sixteen hits tonight to win this one going away seven to nothing eight six, six nine, eight, seven two five seventy is the phone number Otani now is six and two. Like I mentioned, his RORA through his first ten starts of the season is zero seventy four. That's the third lowest roray in baseball history through the first ten starts of a season. De Gram in twenty twenty one had the lowest at zero fifty six. Marischal in sixty six had an ERA of zero fifty nine. So we're talking about eleek company here, that Jacob de Gram is in with Juan Marischal and show hey Otani at this point in time, because I'm not gonna say Otani's in e Lee company. He is the elite company. And I know it's only June the third, David, but this is something you shouldn't take for granted. I am pleading with you, do not take this for granted. Do not get numb to nights like this by show Heyo Tani. Don't gloss over nights like this by show Heyotani. This is once in a lifetime, trust me, situation that you are witnessing once in a lifetime. Nights like this happen on a regular basis, once a week because that's what he does. Tomorrow, Otani will not be in the starting lineup. Dave Roberts already determined that coming into tonight's game, and Otani will be available off the bench, but he will not be the Dodgers d H. But man, what a night for him. And I feel like he's put to rest the theory and I'm a little guilty of it myself that he can't be productive on the nights that he starts as a pitcher. In his previous two starts he led off with a home run. Tonight he did not, but he had three heads, scored a run, and was on base five times. Let's hear from the great O'tani himself on Sports at l A with his translator Will Ireton, how.
Speaker 4: Much more satisfied where you miscommand and the field for everything has start?
Speaker 3: So yeah, today was definitely a lot better than last. Hard to say if today was really good, I have to look back and just kind of see how I just review it. But what I could tell for sure is it's better than last time.
Speaker 2: Than this shoe.
Speaker 5: All right, my issue.
Speaker 6: Should say, yeah, I just moved well, move well overall from the bullpen pre game bullpen and I felt pretty good for.
Speaker 4: Ever forty one yet and then out one seven for r Nobody's ever done that before.
Speaker 3: You have opious BOGETI thing that.
Speaker 5: Soaking you m taking opious question. I don't take equal to the ship masi obim not just gonnatoots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm happy that the opius is going up. I think I'm a little bit more walk oriented. I want to make sure that my slide gets up.
Speaker 2: The challenging was it tonight be a base so often and having energy to pitch as well.
Speaker 5: In time Mago and the splash, So it's mammon the ortos.
Speaker 3: I felt hot on the mount overall. You know, I was on the on the basis a lot, walked a lot. But for me it does help to have more runs. It helps on the pitching side, So I was happy with that.
Speaker 2: All right. There is show Hey Otani with Will Ireton on Sportsnet LA Tonight's game brought to you by Modello Modello The Mark of a Fighter. By the way, Otani mentioned that he's happy that he's getting on base more, taking more walks, and also he wants to get his slugging percentage higher. Well, he's batting now three hundred, he's slugging five twenty one and is on base percentage is at four nineteen. Not to mention after tonight, he's thrown sixty one innings in ten starts and has allowed just five earned runs. Magnificent. And by the way I looked at it, people are going as we go through the season, they're going to say, well, he only pitches once a week, the innings aren't there. Well, for all but one start this season, he has gone six innings and I looked it up. He's about just twenty one innings behind Christopher Sanchez, and he's only ten innings behind Jacob Mizerowski. So he's right in the conversation. If you're talking about early National League SCY younger ward candidates. Let's go out to the phones. Craig in Long Beach lead us off tonight, Iray.
Speaker 7: Craig, maybe what's going on by how you doing well?
Speaker 2: I'm witnessing history, something that I'll tell my great grandkids about hopefully one day.
Speaker 8: It is. It is simply incredible, just lots of the skuyitch. It's just I mean, like you said, don't take it for granted, but we're getting so used to it seeing it every time that it's hard not to take it for granted. I mean, I enjoy watching it, and I enjoy seeing him just kid and throw up zeros all the time and Rake, but he's just so good man that it's almost like I'm not taking it from Ben, but I'm just getting accustomed to it, you know what I mean, I'm getting used to seeing of expecting him to do that kind of thing.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: All right, well that's fine, but I think it's a must see TV. Even in a game on June third in Arizona, you've got to make an appointment and figure out when Otani's pitching, to be here on a five seventy, be here on the iHeartRadio app or get in front of a TV because it's that type of situation. And when you're in LA and you're not sure when he's pitching and you find out when he's going to pitch, it's that type of situation. Even when there weren't digital tickets, it's a lot easier now to buy your tickets online than it was to go to Tyer Records and line up to buy tickets when you found out Fernando Valezuela or Earl Herscheizer, we're matching up against Dwight Gooden. If I'm a fan and I find out that that show Heo Tani is pitching in a couple of days at Dodger Stadium, I'm figuring out a way to get there. I mean, it's that type of situation this year. By the way, Joey Vado was the first one. Let's put that on the record right now to bring our attention to the fact that we may be witnessing the single greatest season by any player in baseball history. And during our managers meeting with Dave Roberts, presented by Downy Hunday, I asked him what he thought about what Vado had to say.
Speaker 9: It is but I think that I think the people here appreciate, you know, because you see it every day in one sense. In another sense that you appreciate all that goes into his preparation and the expectations and the mental, the physical and all that kind of stuff, the emotions. But I agree with Joey. I just think that you know, we get so caught up and he should have a twelve hundred ops and he's not hitting fifty homers but not appreciating what he's doing on the pitching side, and it's just something that we have I haven't seen ever to this caliber, and I don't think we ever will.
Speaker 10: In all of his starts except one he's touched the sixth inning, What more can he do as a pitcher to allow himself to have greater results?
Speaker 9: Well, I mean, if you just kind of separate the pitching part of it, I think it's just speaks to the command. I think that the pitch efficiency his last few haven't been great per his standards, and so if he can do that, then it's the six to seven innings, eight innings, things like that. But I think the last few starts he's been fighting himself his delivery and then you know, just hasn't had that command.
Speaker 2: And that was Dave Roberts during our manager as the meeting presented by Downy Hunday before the game, and today, when you talk about fighting yourself, I felt like Otani was searching for his fastball command because when he came out for the bottom of the first inning to warm up the very first warm up pitch of fastball was way over the head of will Smith, and there were a group of photographers behind home plate, and he told them to move from behind directly home plate after sailing that one over Will Smith's head. And that was also what I was watching the clock since he was on base during the top of the first inning, and the umpire did allow him a couple of extra warm up throws after the clock had expired, and I'm sure that's what Jose Mota was noticing himself from the Diamondbacks, Dug out Hey, you're giving this guy extra time. Also a great observation by Jose Moto was the fact that Otani was fiddling with his middle finger on his right pitching hand, and Jose said that back in twenty eighteen he would get a big blister on his middle finger on his pitching hand, and he thought, maybe that's what was going on to a lesser extent tonight. So that explains that and also maybe explains the fact that in the first three innings he really didn't have his fastball command because he misshot a couple at Perdomo, he went up and in on Nolan Aernado. So after the third inning, I felt like he really did get his fastball command. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We have two lines open, and when we continue on Dodger Talk, we will hear from Will Smith tonight's catcher Catching show, Hey Otani. Also we will let you hear how oral Herscheiser's consecutive scoreless inning streak is still alive. And more of your phone calls at eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy on one of those show Hey type of nights, as he pitches and hits the Dodgers to a seven to nothing win over the Diamondbacks on the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy, online at AM five seventy, LA sports dot com, and available my pot cast on the iHeartRadio ASP. This is Dodger Tom with David Bassing.
Speaker 2: Its home for Centrey's graduation last night. Tucker swings hammers at dp Wright Center, failed way back and over the pool. It is gone. A two run homer for Kyle Tucker and the Dodgers lead.
Speaker 1: Up to nothing.
Speaker 2: That was nice to see the third pitch of the at bat in the second inning, a ninety four fastball that Kyle Tucker jumped all over for his first home run since May fourth. Tucker had three hits, including that two run home run in the second inning off Zach Gallon. Show. Hey Otani and Alex Freelan also had three hits tonight as the Dodgers stomp on the Diamondbacks seven to nothing. Daniels Jewlers presents the home run forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniel S. Jeweler's gift card, visit AM five to seventy LA sports dot com eight sixty six eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's head back downstairs to hear from Dodger catcher Will Smith on sports Net l A.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's incredible. You know, he's he's the best player that's ever you know, walked this earth. It's f it's fun to see Hm each and every day, you know, going out there competing. I'm having six to four of the settings, getting on base a bunch, you know, doing that all the time. It's it's really cool.
Speaker 9: Imented his lack of command coming into the start, which is a little crazy given his sub one erra but he felt it was better today.
Speaker 11: Did you see that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I think honestly he was. I know, the few balls kind of sprayed away, probably helped him back some guys off the plate, you know, make him fe a littlere uncomfortable, But I think overall, yeah, this spam was actually pretty good.
Speaker 4: Primarily fastballs, sweeper for the last handful of starts. Everything else is very minimal.
Speaker 2: Why is that, I don't know, you're back?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I think. You know, he's got a good feel. He's got a good feel for the game. You know, let's working each and every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I don't know exactly why, but uh yeah, he's getting out.
Speaker 2: So that's all the nights, all right. Will Smith doesn't want to give away too much of the game plan right there. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. We have a pair of tickets to give away to this Sunday's game between the Dodgers and Angels. First pitch at one ten. If your caller number seventeen right now, in honor of Otanian, the game that he pitched tonight, you will win that pair of tickets to see the Dodgers versus Angels. This Sunday. And we also have a one hundred dollars gift card to Grace Craze and Redondo Beach to give away as well. So caller number seventeen wins all that eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. Let's go out to David in Baldwin Park. Sorry, David, you're not eligible for that one, but maybe, uh tomorrow night.
Speaker 7: Sound like a plan anyway, David? Do you go well tonight? It was a great game. I mean, Dad was Dodger baseball right there. Oh, Tawny pitched you know you said he pitched six innings. He pitched six very strong innings. I mean he made the Diamondbacks look really bad. Also, it's nice to see Kyle Tucker hitting the ball. I mean, at the last couple of games, he's really been on it. And that Bomby hit tonight was just awesome, Matison. If I was that outbuilder, I would I wouldn't even run back to the wall. I would have just stood and watched it to see how far it went. And my last thing I want to let you go. Yeah, I'm going to sit right after I get off the phone with you, I'm going to sit down and ride a thank you card to the San Diego pod Race for keeping arl Hershire streak intact. I'm glad they lost, but I'm also glad to see that orls streak is still alive.
Speaker 2: Have a great David, And I think Orl said this on the Sports in at LA broadcast tonight that he was happy for Sanchez if he was able to break his record, but his family and friends were rooting against Sanchez. And I think he's right because you, me and every other Dodger fan and his family was rooting against Sanchez for breaking his fifty nine consecutive scoreless inning streak. And this is the way that streak ended. Two outs in the seventh inning, Sanchez trying to extend the scoreless inning streak.
Speaker 12: Next pitch it hard through the left side in a base hit. Frantz is rounding third on his way. Marsh's throw to the plant will not be in time. The Padres have tied the game and the streak is over.
Speaker 2: That was Jesse Angler on the Padres Audio network. That's the way it ended, and Oral Herscheiser's consecutive scoreless inning streak is still alive. By the way Orl Hrscheizer will be our pregame guest before Game four between the Dodgers and Diamondbacks, and I know orl herscheizer consecutive scoreless innings streak of fifty nine is about the regular season, but in all reality it's sixty seven consecutive scoreless innings because he pitched Game one of the nineteen eighty eight NLCS against the Mets, and he pitched eight shutout innings before giving up a couple of runs with one out in the ninth inning, So his consecutive scoreless inning streak is essentially sixty seven consecutive scoreless innings, But obviously a Major League Baseball record book recognizes the regular season, so we will have to settle on fifty nine consecutive scoreless innings. Eight six, six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. We have our winner for our pair of tickets to Sunday's Dodgers Angels game at Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Kevin in Santa Monica, Congratulations, you're going to the game.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 9: I'm really excited.
Speaker 2: Are you do you know who you're bringing.
Speaker 9: I'm going to bring my dad.
Speaker 12: I'm angel here no, I'll drive him.
Speaker 3: Don't worry.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, sounds good. Well, have a good time at the game. Did you have a chance to catch tonight's show show Heyo Tani game tonight?
Speaker 7: I did.
Speaker 1: I listened to it on an hour and a half commute home.
Speaker 2: Beautiful. You heard Rick Monday and Tim Neverett give you give you all the details about a once in a lifetime player pitching an incredible game.
Speaker 7: Oh absolutely, I think we've got a you know, an interesting cy young journey ahead of us.
Speaker 1: Can't wait?
Speaker 8: Hands out?
Speaker 2: All right, Kevin, Well, thank you for listening, and congratulations on winning those pair of tickets to Dodgers Angels on Sunday. We'll see you at the ballpark. Kevin is going to win a pair of tickets to day's game courtesy of AM five to seventy LA Sports. Don't forget you cannot only listen on AM five to seventy, but you can also stream all the Dodger games on the iHeartRadio app. We also want you to enjoy listening in style. So Kevin is also going to win one hundred dollars gift card to Gray's Craze in Redondo Beach. How about that celebrate with made to order charcuderie boards featuring premium meach Cheese's housemade dips and more. Order today at greyscraze dot com. Wow fancy Hey how about that? Okay, we're taking it to another level here. By the way, with Otani pitching six scoreless innings tonight, he has now only given up one earned run in his last twenty four innings, So I mean we are seeing something we have never seen before. And the first two years in a Dodger uniform were unreal, a fifty to fifty season in the first year, last year fifty five home runs and the Dodgers won back to back championships. And Otani's first two years with the Dodgers and now we're getting to see the two way players show Heo Tani and it's been everything as advertised and more. Before we say goodnight, I do want to remind you that tonight Major League Baseball opened up the voting for the All Star Team, which is going to be the All Star Game is going to be in Philadelphia this year, and to me, there's four locks for Dodgers that should be in the All Star Game. Number one, Andy Pai, has you got to vote for him because I'm not sure he's going to win a popularity contest across the country. So Dodger fans have got to get Paz as a starter in the All Star Game. He deserves it and has driven in fifty runs, has been leading in that category for the majority of the year. Also, of course, tonight's two way players show Heyo Tani. My only question is you're going to vote Otani as the DH but when he does get in, and he will, will he throw an inning in this year's All Star Games? That's an interesting question. That's the only question surrounding Otani in the All Star Game because he's not going to participate in the Home run Derby, but will he pitch in the All Star Game this year? My other two locks are Yamamoto and Max Munsey. It's a down year in the National League for third basemen in the National League, and Munsey has had a really good start to the season despite having a slump the last couple of weeks, and by the way, he looked like Munsey was starting to come out of that slump. Tonight he doubled and also had a base hit, So you're not gonna hold him down. Not to mention defensively, he's been the best third baseman in the National League as well. The only other guy that I could say could push Muncie for the start at third base is the guy here in Arizona, Nolan Aronato, who has the name recognition, and he's also having a bounced back season. But if you look at it statistically, Monsey leads every single National League third basement in every category. And my only other Bubble Dodger would be, well, there's two, Justin Robleski as a pitcher and Freddie Freeman as a first baseman. But since every team has to be represented, there's a lot good first baseman out there, including a guy that is having an MVP type year in Freddy's old town Atlanta, Matt Olson, south steward of the Reds, also having a great year for Cincinnati. So all Star voting is open, but my four locks would be pajez Otani, Munsey, Yamamoto, and Freddie Freeman and Robleski. On the Bubble celebrate ninety years of racing at Santa Anita Park every Friday through Sunday with millions and payouts every race day for art pounding action, new experiences, visit Santa Anita dot com Slash events Tomorrow the finale of this four game series at Chase Field, and Robleski will be on the mound for the Dodgers. He's seven and two with an ERA of two to eighty seven, going up against Ryan Nelson, who's two and four with an ERA of four eighty two. Our coverage begins at five point thirty with Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, Tim Kats back at our Burbank studio, and out here at Chase Field, Rick Monday and Tim Neverett. We'll have the call beginning at six forty. That'll do it for us tonight on Dodger Talk. Thanks to Colin Yee back at our Burbank Studios, thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here in the desert at Chase Field, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. That's also where you can hear our pregame conversation with manager Dave Roberts, presented by Downy Hyundai once again. The final score tonight from Chase Field in downtown Phoenix, behind a great game from show Heyotani. The Dodgers shut out the Diamondbacks seven to nothing. Fox Sports Radio is next. I assume Ben Mallard did not take the night off, so he's around the corner on Fox Sports Radio. We'll talk to you tomorrow night from the Valley of the Sun once again. The final score the Dodgers defeat the Diamondbacks and it wasn't even close. Seven to nothing. Have a great rest of your night, See you, sa