Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go again, Briga running.
Speaker 4: Back to get him on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you can catch your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Here's your host, David Vase.
Speaker 2: Last day, the Dodgers win the series over the Rangers, but fall today by a final score of five to two. Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vase with you until five thirty tonight. We have phone lines open at eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. Jose Moto will check in in twenty minutes and we'll give you the latest on Edwin Diaz.
Speaker 3: There seems to be some questions about.
Speaker 2: His availability last night, his availability if the Dodgers had a save situation today after blowing the save on Friday night. So we'll get to that, and I have my own personal theory on why or why not he may not have been available yesterday or today. So we'll get to that in a moment, But really the story today is that the Dodger pitching staff was off to a slow start from the very beginning, because, as Dave Roberts always likes to say, the starting pitcher sets the tone, and quite frankly, Roki Sasaki couldn't find the strike zone today as he walked five batters in just four innings of work. The Dodger pitching staff walked ten batters for the first time since last September. The Dodger pitching staff through one hundred and ninety nine pitches today, including ninety four from Sasaki, in only four innings of work. He's very fortunate that he only gave up two earned runs because he was all over the place today and he only threw forty percent of his pitches in the zone. The major league average this year is forty nine percent. And when you see things on Twitter saying hashtag roller coaster Rokie, it's really not a roller coaster. He hasn't been throwing strikes consistently all year. There's no roller coaster. It's very consistent because today he only threw forty percent of his pitches in the zone, and for the year, he's only throwing forty percent of his pitches in the zone, and like I said, the league averages forty nine percent. I think we all understand what's going on here. The Dodgers are in a developmental phase with Roki Sasaki. He only has one major league win in his young career. After pitching the first couple of months last year and then going into the bullpen at the end of the year and in the post season, and look, he played a huge.
Speaker 3: Role to fill that void for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: And here he is again trying to go back into the rotation, and his spray chart is just all over the place. And you know, in any other circumstance, any other team that couldn't afford this luxury of allowing Roki Sasaki to develop at the major league level, he would be at the minor leagues. That's where he would be. That's what it looks like right now. He should be. This was the Rangers, for example, There's no way they can handle this burden on their bullpen the way the Dodgers handle it.
Speaker 3: Every week.
Speaker 2: Ben Casparrius Will Klimb, Jack Dryer all did as much as they could do. But that's where it's at. And look the Dodgers. That's how good the Dodgers are. That's how loaded the Dodgers are to be able to absorb this to start every five six days, six seven days. No pun intended right there, six seven days. But he got out of a basis.
Speaker 3: Loaded jam in the third inning. That was good.
Speaker 2: But the Rangers were one for seven with runners in scoring positions, one for seven with runners in scoring position off him, and they left eight men on base in the first inning. Corey Seeker was trying to hit it to Pasadena. If he stays within himself, you know, that could have been a home run, a three run home run, could have been a Grand Slam. So I really do believe the Rangers let Sasaki off the hook. And all in all, the Rangers left twelve men on base today and we're just two for fourteen with runners in scoring position, with the Dodgers handing out ten free passes today and throwing one hundred and ninety nine pitches. So that's just where it was today for the Dodgers. It was not off to a good start with the way Sasaki was pitching, and he kind of felt like, Okay, when is Ben Casparius coming into this game. He was actually the middle guy after Jack Dryer came in and then Will Klein finished the game for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: So that's how today went for the Dodgers. And they're very like I.
Speaker 2: Said, they are so good to absorb this type of performance every six seven days. They were eleven and four baseball's best record. And Jacob deGrom was really good today. He went six innings, had nine strikeouts, allowed just the leadoff home run to Otani. And you got to tip your cap to de Gram, who is a two time CYANNG Award winner and when he's healthy, he's one of the best out there.
Speaker 3: And he showed why today.
Speaker 2: And like I mentioned last night, I was a little skeptical about how long he was going to stay in this game after feeling something in his right knee after his last start, so much so he had an mri I on his right knee that came back clean. But Dave Roberts said before the game they anticipated no restrictions on to Gram and that was evident today. Eight six six two five seventy is the phone number. Let's head downstairs to the Dodger clubhouse right in Nadi. Here from today's starting catcher Dalton rushing on what he saw from Roki Sasaki.
Speaker 5: I thought he walked a couple guys that he could have beat personally, But it was good to kind of see him bounce back after walking a couple of week off guys and getting some swinging mess. I uh, I don't think it was a bad outing at all. It's kind of the same thing. We just have to lean on really attacking hitters a little more and getting ahead, and I think that changes the counts for hitters facing him and also gets a little more chase. You see what he did obviously with runners on and getting ahead with the splitter, getting ahead with the cutter, getting more mess on his fastball, getting my mess on my switter.
Speaker 1: He felt like this splitter work was playing better. Now were you seeing that? And just how much was sharp it is?
Speaker 5: I guess in this outing, Yeah, I guess you could say it was a little sharper. I think I think that just came with like establishing the strikes on with it and then kind of flooding away from it with it as well. But yeah, at the same time, I think we can get him to establish the strikes in a little sooner and if we do that from pitch one, he'll be lights out.
Speaker 3: I said at him.
Speaker 6: Once he got to two outs in the third day, and then you know, a bunch of guys reached at all.
Speaker 5: I do maybe just lost Phil a little bit, sped up a little bit. I really I haven't spoke to him. I'll talk to him tomorrow about his outing and we'll kind of go through each pitch, go through each batter and understand what he did really well, understand what he could improve on.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dalton Rushing who was behind the plate today for Roki Sasaki. And speaking of Rushing, he tried to bail him out in that third inning where things were really starting to go off the rails, but didn't. He tried to challenge a borderline pitch in the third inning to prevent the bases being loaded against Josh Young. Instead it was a ball and Young walked to load the bases. Luckily, there was a play that Freddie Freeman and Roki Sasaki made that got them out of it. Ezekiel Durant hit a ball why to first base that Freeman fielded, and good on Roki to field his position and break for first base right away, and he was able to get that final out. So that was one of the houdiniacs that Roki Sasaki had today. And the Dodgers were out of challenges after the third inning because after rushing came up empty on challenging behind the plate on that young ball or strike, Hayes on Kim ill advised challenge in the third inning, And that was an issue as well, because I've gotten a glimpse into the Dodgers' strategy as far as challenging pitches as a hitter number one. Max Munsey is on the record saying they want to leave as many challenges for the catcher number two. The Dodgers are not going or not supposed to challenge pitches like that that are not going to really make a difference. Because when Kim struck out looking in the third inning, there was just a runner at first base in Alex's call and nobody out. I mean, that's not what the Dodgers are looking for from their hitters to challenge later in the game. A leverage count, a situation with runners on base, runners in scoring position, that's what they're looking for from their hitters on when to challenge, and that just seemed to be an impulsive challenge that the dugout was not happy with that Hayesan Kim did and he was wrong. He was wrong, and he couldn't believe he was wrong either. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seven.
Speaker 3: He is the phone number.
Speaker 2: There was another play that just was indicative of how the Dodgers played today.
Speaker 3: Runners at first and second.
Speaker 2: This third inning, by the way, was the ugliest inning for the Dodgers because this took place in the third inning, leadoff walk by call. Kim challenges, fails, strikes out looking for the first out. Shoe a Otani walks, and Kyle Tucker is at the plate and strikes out one of two strikeouts, so that was the second out. Then you have Andy Piz, who is hitting third today, who has been outstanding with runners in scoring position, runners at first and second with two outs, Piz in a one to two count albeit and he is at the plate fighting to Grom and it feels like you have the right guy at the plate to get the Dodgers back in the game. And there was a double steal that went awry, and Dave Roberts explain what took place. Who was at fault was an Alex Call who stopped or Otani not realizing Call was not going to third base. On what they were reading at that play as what it looked to be a double steal.
Speaker 5: Cal said, there if it wasn't a double steel call later he just started reading that in real time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think, you know, if we had to do it over again, he's got to be a second base. You know, you've got your arguably your hottest hitter or your heart at your hottest hitter at the plate with two outs, and you know, he just can't get caught up in a rundown there. You can't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, looking at the high home angle that we have here at our disposal, Call was way off second base. And then he started to break for third base, and he was halfway between second and third and stopped and went back, and O'tani was standing at second base when all that happened. I guess it goes back to what everybody talks about. If you're the trail runner, you got to make sure that lead runner is going. But yeah, Alex Call got caught in no man's land and that ended the inning with Paz holding the bat in his hand, and to me, that was a disastrous third inning.
Speaker 3: In more ways than one.
Speaker 2: Eight six, six, ninety seven, two, five seventies the phone number. Dodgers fall to the Rangers today five to two, but take two out of three from Texas. Let's go out to Chatsworth. Glenn, you're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 3: Glenn, Hey, Dave, go Dodgers.
Speaker 8: Loving the Dodgers a Rokie, he battled, He did everything he could. I know he didn't have complete commands, but he showed the ability to get strikeouts. Maybe he needs a bitch to contact a little bit more. Maybe he needs a more experienced catcher like Will Smith in there with him instead of Dalton.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 8: But the Dodger Vassi to come alive to healthy, kid out.
Speaker 9: I think I love the Dodgers.
Speaker 8: I mean, come on, let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Dodgers are going to have a big season, Glenn, but there are going to be times where they don't play their best. They're human, they're not perfect, and they can overcome a lot with their talent. Just today they coulind of overcome a bad third inning, and really their pictures not throwing strikes starting with Roki Sasaki. But yeah, it's gonna be a big year, no doubt about it, or it already is. They have the best record in baseball. Eight six, sieven two, five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Sierra Madre. Josh, you're on Dodger Talk on this beautiful Sunday.
Speaker 10: How you doing, Josh, Hello, David, Thank you for taking my call. I appreciate it. It's a very sticky situation with Rokie, There's no question about it. I think today you kind of saw the yin and the yang. He saw the good, the potential of what he could be with the six strikeouts, but he also saw the ugly side, like five walks in a game is unacceptable for any for any picture. And I understand the Dodgers want to do right by him. They made a promise to him and they want to keep it that way, and you know they don't want to hurt his feelings and whatnot. At the same time, you have to wonder how much longer they can go with this, because at some point the Dodgers will have other pitchers ready to step in, Blake Snell, River, Ryan, Gavin Stone. I'm sure they want to give rob Leski some more search. So it's great that you know they want to give Susaki this runway or whatnot, but at some point, if he's not able to put it together, they're going to have to set him to okay. See because you said it and other people have said it. If this was any other picture, he'd be in the minor leagues trying to figure it out right now. And you just can't keep but putting guys on base. There's too many erratic pitches out there, and it's we'll see, but at some point he's got to put it together or they have to set them to okay.
Speaker 9: See.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe when Snell comes back that's kind of be that's going to be the crossroads of where he's at and what the Dodgers decide to do, and that's not going to be until mid May. So he still got some opportunities luckily for him today and in his last start, the Dodgers picked him up and we're able to compensate for him not being able to fill up the zone. But you're right, there's no other team in baseball that could absorb these type of starts and have a six man rotation to be able to absorb a number one number two to be able to have the depth they have, the team they have, and that's part of the long game the Dodgers are playing this season. Eight six six, seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go to Edwin Diaz. I'm not a big guy that loves to talk in hypotheticals, but Dave Roberts was asked after today's game if it was a safe situation, was Edwin Diaz available, and he refused to answer. He said, I'm going to keep that one close to my vest. That's gamesmanship. Before the game, he was asked a lot about Edwin Diaz, and I saw Edwin out here this morning throwing with the other reliever like he does. He comes out every day, throws off flat round, tries to work on his pitches, and look, the reality is the fastball was down. I pointed that out after Friday night's game. But then you start to look a little bit deeper into his history, and April seems to be the month that his fastball is a little slower than what it is in the rest of the season. Rest of the season outside of April, he's averaging ninety seven on his fastball. Right now, he's averaging ninety five and that's what he averaged the last couple of years in the month of April. But really on Friday night, it wasn't just the fastball, it was his flat slider. So as a relief pitcher, you don't have the luxury as a starter to try to work things out mechanically five or six days in between appearances. You may be called the very next day, and it's hard to get yourself right when you're pitching virtually every night and the guy that they count on in the ninth inning. So here's my theory. Dave robert says, it's not physical. We saw Edwin Diaz out here throwing. He seemed fine, and then Dave Roberts said, it's not mechanical either. So if it's not physical and it's not mechanical, and you're not going to see whether or not he was available today, what's going on? Should there be a cause for concern? And I believe it's a very simple answer that the Dodgers don't want to disclose because it could give them a competitive disadvantage today tomorrow, until this period is over. And what this period is, in my opinion, I don't know anything, but I have seen, you know, over the years, some things and pictures have said at the end of spring training and sometimes the first couple of weeks of the regular season, they may experience what they call dead arm. It just doesn't have the life in his arm. Doesn't mean he's hurt, doesn't mean he has any mechanical issues. It's just dead arm. And a lot of time pitchers get that coming out of spring training, maybe at the end of spring training, and sometimes some pitchers get it at the end of the season or in August.
Speaker 3: So this is normal.
Speaker 2: But do the Dodgers want to let anybody know that Diaz has dead arm and that's the reason why they're not going to pitch him today or tomorrow. They very well, he may feel great tomorrow. We'll have to wait and see if that situation arises. But from what I gathered, I mean, there was so many wires crossed with some of the answers Dave Roberts was giving even Edwin Diaz spoke to us this morning and said there was nothing physical. But a lot of times a player will say that when they don't want to let anybody know. But yeah, it could be a little bit of dead arm. I don't think there's any cause for alarm outside of that, especially with his history in the month of April. But that's where it's at with Edwin Diaz in my opinion. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Maybe he needs to go see my guy Sam, a Downy Hundai. He sells cars. Maybe he could help with dead arm. Took care of me, I mean my my Hyundai Tucson weathered the rain last night and this morning, and I was feeling great. Great windshield wipers, great vibe. Thank you to Downey Hunday. They're getting me to the stadium all season long. Let's go out to Nick and Northridge. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 6: How you doing Nick, I'm doing good, mister Vass. Thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 9: Thank you for calling me that.
Speaker 3: And stop that. Do not call me that, Dave I digress, please, it makes it awkward.
Speaker 6: Your coverage is exceptional, and especially your postseason coverage. I really appreciate all you do bringing us coverage of the team all year round. Thank you so much. I have a thought I want to float your way about about roll on, take.
Speaker 2: A breath, See hey Nick, Nick, I'm gonna give you a a lesson in speech, see the period number one, thank you number two.
Speaker 3: Just call me David. Now, go ahead and tell me what you see with Roki.
Speaker 8: Thank you, David Comma.
Speaker 6: Here's a thought I'm wondering if I'm wondering if if Doc and Mark Pryor might want to think about this. Rochi was so successful out of the bullpen for us in the post Singson last year, and he's obviously struggling as a starter a bit with the mentality right now. I'm wondering as he's also developing a feel for a third pitch. First off, I think he's going to benefit so much more by being in Los Angeles. I really don't think sending him down to Oklahoma City, sixteen hundred miles away and culturally the state of Oklahoma is not going to benefit Roki Sasaki as much as being.
Speaker 3: In one Are you taking a shot at Oklaho home a city? Right now?
Speaker 6: Being being sitting next to Yamamoto and Otani for one sixty two, as a human being and as a professional, he's going to learn more and be a better ballplayer by being around those two guys as a young man and as young as a young Dodger that is going to benefit him in the long run more than anything that he can learn down in. Okay, see, but here's my thought, and I want to hear what you think that kind of middle ground between jumping right into the rotation and being a reliever is would Doc and Mark pryor maybe think about an opener at this point of the series or at this point of the season and maybe start tasparious for an inning or two and then bring Rokie in and let him try to go three, four or five innings or until you know, just kind of change.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no, no. I would not be behind that idea because number one, he's a guy that obviously has a routine. He has strong beliefs in his routine and doesn't want that disrupted if he's going to be a starting pitcher. So no, I would say I would not be in on an opener, especially when you have a guy that right now can't throw strikes, and then you use an opener and all of a sudden you got a guy that's supposed to be your bulk or starting pitcher that can't throw strikes. I would not be in on that. I'm not opposed nick to Roki being a reliever. That may be his future in baseball. This version of him, we saw him do pretty well, but then it started to tail off towards the end of the postseason last year. And look, I'm all in Otani's not tutoring Roki Sasaki.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: He's got his hands full pitching and hitting right now, so he's not mentoring Roki Sasaki. Maybe Yamamoto can help him a little bit, But I'm a big believer of working things out. When you're a young pitcher twenty three years old and you're not a finished product, developing in the minor leagues and getting reps and getting on the mound talking about it is not going to do anything. But look, he's here to stay for now. You heard Dave Roberts. They're gonna put him out there again, and let's see if the developmental process that you're talking about works at the major league level. That's what the Dodgers are counting on. I think everybody's coming up with different ideas. Either he starts at the major league level, or he starts in the minor league level, or you say, you know what, you may be better suited in the bullpen I'm not no no opener. No, all right, We're going to take a time out here on Dodger Talk. When we come back, we'll check in with Jose Modo. We'll get his thoughts on what direction the Dodgers should go at Roki Sasaki and also get his thoughts on how things went today for the Dodgers after they fall to the Rangers five to two, but win two out of three, win the series in their first series of this homestand close it out with three against the struggling Mets. There's more Dodger Talk on the other side right here on A five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 4: On air at AM five seventy, online at AM five seventy LA sports dot com, and available my podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger Talk with David Fastca.
Speaker 2: He was dealt with injuries throughout his career, but he's certainly been able to prevent runs. Otani swings the first pitch, hits a drive tape to.
Speaker 1: Right right back. It's god first pitch home run.
Speaker 2: Back to back days for old Tani with leadoff home runs, and the Dodgers jump.
Speaker 3: On the com one nothing.
Speaker 2: Show, Hey Otani, extending his on bass streak with one swing of the back to lead off the bottom of the first inning. Otani now forty six games of reaching base that is still the fifth longest in franchise history. Unfortunately, that was not enough to beat Jacob de Gram and the Rangers today, as Texas Salvage is the final game of this three game series with a five to two win. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run Forecast. For your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card, visit a five to seventy LA Sports dot Com.
Speaker 3: Use the keyword home run. Daniels Jewelers own the dream.
Speaker 1: It's time to go around the horn with jose Mota.
Speaker 2: All right, Jose Mota. The Roki Sasaki debate rages on today.
Speaker 3: What would you do with Roki?
Speaker 2: What's the way to try to find a way to make him a finished product?
Speaker 9: The only one that's going to happen is to understand that he is in the perfect system that at this point kind of zor what he's doing. Rookie needs to get better in a lot of ways, but Roki also needs to understand that hitting is hard in the big leagues, Dave, and I think he's just given too many guys way too much credit. Rookie's average against in his career, okay including today is two thirty four. It's not like they're just going out there and smacking them around. But the issue, obviously, I mean not discovering anything here is the walks. He gets himself into a lot of trouble by not having assistant confidence, I'm going to say, which is to me, the biggest word. He lacks confidence in early inccounts to go out there and fill his own When you're nibbling and you're missing by that little Dave, when you're zero zero count, what an account. It seems like you were afraid of contact and consider something else. He's pitched himself out of trouble throughout his career one seventy average against them throughout his career men in scolling position. But he's got to avoid those situations by going out there and trusting that by keeping the ball down as he asked me that last night. Spinning the ball down also and having a better finish on that sladder is going to make everything better. But it all starts with his head, with confidence and understanding that he's in the big leagues and that is very hard to hit guys of this stuff at this level.
Speaker 2: And when you talk about not attacking and not having confidence, does he feel like he doesn't have what it takes to be able to get big league hitters out?
Speaker 3: Does he have enough in the holster?
Speaker 9: I think on the mental side was affecting him, thinking that, well, if I just started popping balls right down the middle or getting some you know, breaking balls over, I'm going to get hit. He's not. He's going to believe that. Again, you can tell guys in BP what's coming. Everybody doesn't get a baseit VP ball coming to fifty miles an hour. But here's some numbers that really caught my eye and I'm gonna share with you. Consider this it there's a lack of focus to me, and also like a lack of like attack and certain times the leadoff hitter came into today in his career bting three sixty lead off hitters okay six eighty slugging, number two hitter two hundred, number three hitter one forty three, number four hitter one hundred, number five hitter one hundred, now number eight hitter four seventy four, number nine, hitter three fifty seven. Are you going to tell me that number one, hitter eight, and nine are better than the guys in the middle. No, but his stuff is good enough to attack what he needs to and those are numbers he needs to see because he's going out there and attacking some guys what he needs to. But it seems like he lacks a little bit of focus and understanding what he needs to do against guys with lesser names, lesser average, lesser greentios, because those are the guys that are really hurting him. Looking what happened today and tell me who hurt him those guys again?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt. I mean he he was lucky.
Speaker 2: Corey Seeger though in the first inning, really pulled his head towards the Rangers, dugout over swung and I just feel like the Rangers helped him out a lot today with some of their swings against him.
Speaker 9: And again, Corey Siegert, middle of the older guy, what does he do well? Corey Siegert pulled out a little bit because he was able to at least say I'm gonna come with this, which is hitable, try to hit it, and that's what he needs to do a little bit more of So the experiment will continue, the volt will continue. But at some point you're going to just understand that he might be just asked to give you five good innings out there, and give you five let it go. But Dave, no matter what, developmentally, he's got two of the best in the business in developing pictures and making pitture to understand what they have, and Mike Prior and a Cunnor McGinnis. And to me, the slider that he has is not good enough to play in the big consistently. And somebody, and I understood this from Buddy Black years ago, somebody with a big whip in his arm like he does, has to have a slider that's tight. It's uncomfortable, and it's really hard to lay off of when he does it right, But he throws us so carefully sometimes and so cautiously that it just does not have that consistent vite to get guys out.
Speaker 2: Jose Mota is joining us on Dodger Talk after the Rangers defeats the Dodgers today five to two. There was a plane the third inning that everybody was confused about what went wrong, whose fault was it, and that was the base running play where Pa has at the plate with Otani at first base, Alex Call at second base. You heard what Dave Roberts had to say, but is it on the trail runner to recognize that the lead guy Call in this case is caught in no man's land and he's not going.
Speaker 9: It starts with a guy leading, and that's Alex Called, who have been bouncing around second base a little bit with Pie hitting. You want to avoid anything with Pie, especially with two struts and facing a guy like the Graham. You cannot have that happen. Now on showy side, he's got to make sure that number one, there's not just two steps on a fake that the guy is going. So they're both at fault, but mainly the main the main guy is the lead guy because he started everything with that movement by checking everybody out, which in a situation to where you do not want to do that With the best side base hitter in baseball hitting that call, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I felt like that was a golden opportunity and indicative of the way today was going. Because the Dodger pitching staff walk ten hitters and the Dodger hitters struck out twelve times today. That's not a recipe for a win, no matter how good you are.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I got a look at the big picture. Yeah they won the series resculated. But I think when you lose like this, you see a lot of things that are exposed and that you know they're going to go out there and tighten up. And again you're facing one of the best pictures in this generation in the groum. Who's not given in And one thing that really was noticeable today they pay attention to this with the Gram and Danny Jensen behind the plate, a lot of less than batters, saw a lot of brick and balls away for strikes, fast away for strikes. So the Gram, even though he does possess a big fastball, that's what we talk about respect. They have to respect his fastble so much that he was able to go, you know what, you're giving me so much in the other half, I'm going to exploit it. And that was the main cost not Ey three pitches so effectively, you know, six innings, which reminded us of who the Gram is really as a two time shall you want to award winner?
Speaker 2: All right, Jose, thanks a lot for checking in. We'll see how things go against the Mets. It should be a fun series, should be a sellout crowd for all three games.
Speaker 9: A new day, new series. You think edywin does don't want to be out there against the men's I'm counting on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say so. He'll do whatever it takes to be ready for them.
Speaker 9: Have a great Sunday, my friend.
Speaker 3: Thank you too.
Speaker 2: There he goes Jose Mota, part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast. Dodgers fall to the Rangers today, five to two. Corey Seeger, after hitting a three run home run in the first game of this series, really didn't do much of anything after that. He was zero for four today. Jock Peterson one for four today with a run score. Texas left twelve men on base even though they beat the Dodgers five to two, and tomorrow the Dodgers will welcome in the Mets. As we mentioned the struggling Mets. The Mets are coming to Dodgers Stadium, losers of five in a row and have been shut out by the Sacramento As two of the last three games, including today one to nothing. The Dodgers are going to see David Peterson tomorrow night. The left hander in three starts is zero to two with an ERA of six fourteen. He's going up against Justin Robleski. The pitching matchup that I'm the most eager to watch in this series is the middle game of this series, Yama Moto against rookie Nolan McClain. That is going to be an outstanding pitching matchup because those in Mets camp told me that this kid McClain is real and he may be a similar type of pitcher as Yama Moto. So Yama Moto versus Nolan McClain. That's the game that I'm circling. The middle game of this three game series against the Mets tomorrow night, and all three games first pitches at seven to ten. Our coverage begins at six o'clock. That'll do it for us tonight from Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 3: Thanks to Colin Ye back at our Burbank studios, Thanks.
Speaker 2: To Dwayne McDonald out here at the ballpark, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. You know who talked to Jack Dryer, who again pitched a scorelessening of relief today after striking out the side last night.
Speaker 3: This guy did relief etiquette rules. I talked to him when he gave up runs in the lead in Toronto. I'm the only guy that talked to him.
Speaker 2: Since he put up zeros the last two games. Have some relief etiquette people. Fox Sports Radio is coming up next. We'll talk to you tomorrow. Have a great rest of your night. The Rangers beat the Dodgers, but the Dodgers won the series.
Speaker 3: Have a great rest of your night. See them