Speaker 1: Broadcasting across the LA Todgers Audio network on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Like I left level for another set, who could do it lightly?
Speaker 3: They met another Jay show is like the best player he's ever seen.
Speaker 1: Welcome in to a World Series edition of Marongo Casino Dodgers on Time.
Speaker 3: To finish this thing off your pregame. Look at the world champion LA Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Oh that show road still goes through Lass.
Speaker 2: This is not a slbition, My hotemisimposition.
Speaker 1: If you want to go being Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Valvelin instant oil change.
Speaker 3: Your fifteen minutes right through oil change.
Speaker 1: And by Spectrum. Now your host walking you up to first pitch. Golden my god, it's Tim Cakes everybody, and.
Speaker 4: Welcome into Maul Rongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, your official Dodger pregame show live from Dodger Stadium on this Tuesday night. Is we lead you up to Game four of the World Series Dodgers and the Toronto Blue Jays back at it less than seventeen hours after wrapping up a marathon Game three here at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: That's how the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Come out on the winning in in the eighteenth anymore on that coming up tonight show, Hey O Taani takes the mound. First pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at five oho eight. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here. I'm a Rogo Casino Dodgers on deck, including hearing from Justin Robleski, who was a part of the bullpenned Dogs last night that pitched so well for the Blue. We'll hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts, get his thoughts on this team and how much sleep.
Speaker 2: They got or didn't get.
Speaker 4: Between last night and tonight's first pitch, we'll dive deeper into this game four pitching matchup. We's also got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA. You can see her on the pre and post game show. And in just a few minutes we'll head over to the Gallpin Motors brought cas Booth with Steven Nelson and a Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: Last nights it turned in to one of the longest games ever in World Series history. You go back to twenty eighteen in the Dodgers in Red Sox. That game would be time wise the longest game ever in the World Series history. But last night a closed second, a game that took six hours in thirty nine minutes, a game that used nineteen different pitchers, a game that used twenty five position players through six hundred and nine pitches. Six outs were made on the base pass, thirty nine runners left.
Speaker 2: On base last night, and in the end.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers would prevail, but it was a long windy road getting there. With Tyler Glassnell getting the start for the Dodgers, Max Schurzer went for the Blue Jays. Both pitched in to the fifth inning, but the Dodgers jumped down to the early lead one nothing, Theys to ta Oscar Owen and Is a solo home run the third then show Hey O'tani with the blast to write that gave the Dodgers ad two, not the lead. The Dodgers lead was gone in the fourth inning. Tyler Glass now gave up four runs to the Toronto Blue Jays as they took a four to two lead. Dodgers z kind of fought their way back slowly, as the Dodgers get a double from Otani to make a four to three in the fifth, then Freddie Freeman a RBI singles scoring show Hey made it a four to fourth game. In the top half of the seventh, the Blue Jays re took the lead five to four on a Bobashett RBI single down the right field line. Bottom of the seventh. Any of the Dodgers answered back, and who was it?
Speaker 2: Show Hey?
Speaker 6: One out bass empty bottom seven five for Toronto Dominga's deals and Otani shoots one what failed?
Speaker 2: Carrying back? Get his bout of hair.
Speaker 7: O Toni stays on one. He is seven for his last seven at Dodgers Stadium with five home runs. We're tied again.
Speaker 4: In Game three, show Hey, Otani goes deep for the second time.
Speaker 2: He had two doubles.
Speaker 4: Show Hey was four for four, walked five times on base all nine times, setting a world Series record. The Dodgers and Blue Jays were all knotted up at five after nine innings, and that's when things got really interesting. A bullpen game from both literally another nine innings from both the bullpens for the Blue Jays and the Dodgers, and the Dodgers bullpen went to work. How about six combined shutout innings from Edgardo Enriquez and Will kleinb Then, finally, in the bottom half of the eighteenth inning, with the Dodgers looking to Yamamoto to maybe pitch the nineteenth Freddie Freeman called ball.
Speaker 6: Game full count on Freeman, Little delivers Freeman. It's went high in the air, straight away center field.
Speaker 2: Farshall at the walk.
Speaker 8: Freddie Freeman, mister World Series ends the marathon at midnight. He is mopped at Home Place as the Dodgers walk it up in the bottom of the eighteenth inning six to five, the final to grab a two.
Speaker 3: To one series lead.
Speaker 9: You want, Drummers come to Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 4: Freddie Freeman walks it off last night in the bottom half of the eighteenth inning, where the top tier play of the game brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. He did it last year against the Yankees in Game one, a walkoff Grand Slam. He did it in Game three last night, in a game that took six hours and thirty eight minutes. But the Dodgers prevail and they take a to to one series lead over the Toronto Blue Jays. Tonight, right back at it, less than seventeen hours after the game concluded. Last night, Dodgers and Blue Jays Game four, the World Series show.
Speaker 2: Hey O Tawny on the mound.
Speaker 4: First bitch coming up at five oh eight and with more we head over to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth as we say hello to Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Guys, tim Gaits great to be back at Dodger Stadium. This is not Rick Monday. Though I may sound like you, mo, I am not you, but this is where my voice is at.
Speaker 9: It's the consequences of yelling and the screaming, which, by the way, you know, I got some good information when Freddy Freeman hit the home run, the walk off home run, right bottom of the eighteenth before they had any sound that came over the PA system, just the crowd noise, only the crowd noise. Our people had a decibel meter out. It was one hundred and five point three from the decibel meter, just the crowd reaction, and we felt the vibration here in the booth. I mean, this stadium physically was moving.
Speaker 6: Isn't ninety five decibel's d to be unhealthy? Is is that the threshold? Let me tell you what's really healthy. Home runs in the bottom of the eighteenth. That's right, hey, And that's why it's like, you know, people, I was asking today, oh you had the food poisoning, and now your voice is gone, like are you I'm like, this is the best thing ever. Absolutely, this is I mean, if anybody is complaining about having to cover a World Series, then you know you can kick him in the shins. But because Mo, we got treated to an all time classic last night, and so now both teams have to come back and play a game later in the same day eighteen innings they played to yesterday. Both teams were tax especially the Dodger bullpen, the Blue Jay bullpen probably in a better shape, in better shape going into Game four, though they don't have George Springer. So I guess as you came to the ballpark today and we're kind of taking the lay of the land for these two clubs, you know, where'd you come out of Game three?
Speaker 9: Well, I think there's only one guy out of the bullpen that's not going to be available, And that was the winning pitchure last night, Will Klein, who went four innings. How many times In fact, we talked about this the other day in Toronto. Sometimes the hero, the guy that really steps up Big is the guy that maybe he has spent the least amount of time on in a pregame meeting, and how much time was spent on Will Klin by Toronto or even by the Dodgers ahead of time when he went four innings. That's the first time that Will Klin has gone four innings in a game since he was in college. And I loved the postgame comment where he said he was so excited and feeling so much adrenaline, said he couldn't even feel his legs at the time.
Speaker 10: I text TV, I was like, that was such an awesome interview.
Speaker 6: It was just I mean, and that's what it's all about, MO, because you know, we could talk about the MVPs, and we will as we get closer to Game four, especially show hey, ol Tani's starting a game after reach based nine times last night. But when you play eighteen innings in a postseason game, let alone a World Series game, that's when you start to meet the characters that I think nationwide, few people had ever heard of Will.
Speaker 10: Klin outside of Dodger Nation.
Speaker 6: Now everybody is talking about Will Klin or Eric Lower and the things that they did to give their teams a chance to win. They will go down in lore for those performances. And Will kleinb he gets a win.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and you'll learn about the character of the individual players too. I mean, it was a wonderful ceremony. You've just seeing the thing heartbreak for Toronto and those are the games you can't sleep if you're on the losing side. You can find a way to get to sleep if you're on the winning side.
Speaker 6: And John Schneider, I think the Blue Jay manager. He said the right things into the media postgame, and you know he's telling the team the same things. He's like, we lost a game, We did not lose the series. It is just two to one. There is still a job to finish for the Dodgers and they're going to try and take that three to one stranglehold of the series lead. And all time, anybody up three to one in the best of seven postseason game, you win about eighty five percent of the time in the World Series, close to eighty seven percent of the time. Tim So a win tonight, the Dodgers will be feeling good, but it's going to be a tough one. On the heels of last night's marathon, we'll be back a little bit later with some keys from More.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks a.
Speaker 3: Lot, Nelly.
Speaker 4: As we count you down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get that game. Dave me a long at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. You can order your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shakey's dot Com. We're off and running here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on deck. Coming up, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We are gonna check in with the Dodger insider, David Vasse throughout the hour. David is gonna go one on one with Justin Robleski, Dodger reliever. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Charlie Steiner will be here in less than thirty minutes. We got so much to get to, including next Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA we'll join us.
Speaker 2: That's all coming up.
Speaker 4: As we lead you up to Dodgers and Blue Jays Game four of the World Series, first pitch of five. Wa wait, I'm Tim Kas's the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game.
Speaker 3: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's Dodgers and Blue Jays Game four of the World Series. Dodgers Stadium Show. Hey o Tani and Shane Bieber. The pitching matchup. Dodger's a two to one series lead. First pitch coming up at five o eight.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 4: Hey Kirston, Now joins is brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate that old car? Call eat seven seven Cars for Kids right now. Friendly agent standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today. Last night eighteen inning marathon game. Freddie Freeman ends it in the eighteenth inning, But so much happened over those two games to dissect, and a lot of heroes.
Speaker 2: Came out of that game.
Speaker 4: Certain Freddy Freeman gets a lot of attention, but guys like Will kleinb should be celebrated for what they did.
Speaker 11: When I tell you, there are so many heroes out of that game.
Speaker 2: Last night.
Speaker 11: We talked a lot about the bullpen this year and the fact that the bullpen was able to put the offense in a position to even win an eighteen innings that was huge and Will kleimb what he was able to do to come out of the bullpens. His first postseason roster. He found out that he made this World Series roster. We were in Toronto, what the first game was on Friday. He found out at eleven pm on Thursday night after practice that he was going to be on this postseason, on this World Series roster, I should say, and the fact of that is just you know, his wife had traveled with him to Toronto thinking he was going to be just you know, on the taxi squad, be available. The the fact that he made it there that was.
Speaker 1: So special for him.
Speaker 11: He has talked about how being a part of Clayton kershot three thousand strikeout game, those are memories that are just unforgettable for him. There have been ups and downs in his career being DFA, and then the opportunity to come to this Dodgers organization, to learn so much and to be trusted in that moment, he said it just it meant the world is that he hasn't fully grasped everything that has happened.
Speaker 3: Just so I was teasing him.
Speaker 11: I go, so, Will, how does it feel to be forever X in Dodger history. Do you realize what you did last night? And he was, I mean, I don't know. I was like, I mean, I'm sure you know what happens to Dave Roberts when he's in Boston whenever he wants to go get a drink.
Speaker 2: After that's historic Stoleen base.
Speaker 11: He can do whatever he wants.
Speaker 1: That is you now, Will, Yeah?
Speaker 11: And he goes, wait, it's funny you say that, Kirsten, because I guess he and his wife went to Starbucks this morning because we're all exhausted, we all need extra caffeine today. And he goes and they knew me, They recognized me at Starbucks. I said, oh, Will, this is just the beginning.
Speaker 2: Be prepared. This is just the beginning of your startdom.
Speaker 4: And one of the cool things to come out of a game like that is to have guys like that emerge that will always be now in Dodger lore, as well as the stars like the Freddie Freeman's and the Mookie Bets. But here we are tonight. Seventeen hours later, they got to play a baseball game. Guys like Will Smith caught eighteen innings last night.
Speaker 2: A lot of guys were on.
Speaker 4: Their legs and on their feet last night for eighteen innings and show ay o tod he's got to go out.
Speaker 2: There and pitch tonight.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and even so for Will Smith, Dave Roberts had shared that he sent him a text this morning, just checking in seeing how he's feeling, and Will said that he's good to go. He wants to be out there. He obviously takes care of his body so much, and so he prepares for situations like this. I don't think anyone could imagine eighteen innings, but you know, just to be in a position to be successful. So he feels good. Shoe heyo tani yesterday was stealing with some cramping a little bit late in the game. He was adamant though that he did not want to come out of yesterday. He wanted to be help his team be in a position to win that one. So for him, Dave Roberts was saying, you know, obviously they'll keep an eye on him, but like why he par takes care of his body. He's put himself in a position to find success today, and even his teammates are like, at this point, what what have we not seen? Okay, the NLCS, it's ten strikeouts, it's three home runs, it's yesterday and once he's intentionally walked four times, he gets on base all nine times, like it's just NonStop, So what more can he do?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 11: So we will find out soon to come on two hours of sleep and unstoppable.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 10: I love it.
Speaker 4: Here we are regrinding. It's the World Series Game four coming up. Thank you here'us is still to come. Here I'm wrong because you know Dodgers on deck will dive deeper to this pitching matchup well here from Charlie Steiner, we got your magical.
Speaker 2: Moment, but up next, we get you.
Speaker 4: Manager Dave Roberts in his pregame thoughts leading in a game for the World Series Dodgers in Blue Jays, I'm Tim Kates and this is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers.
Speaker 12: On deech.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 4: Maronggo Casino Dodgers on decab Tedius. As we lead you up to first pitch from Dodgers Stadium. It's Game four of the World Series, Dodgers in the Blue Jays, Marongo Casino Resort at SPA A Grand Slam of four Good Times show, Hey, o Tani and Shane Bieber. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at five? Oh hey, Bud, let's head back downstairs and check in with the Dodgers kipper.
Speaker 10: Anything else? Questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 2: Dave? First off, is a Will Kline available today?
Speaker 12: I would say he's down today. What a performance?
Speaker 2: And obviously Shoe was kind of dealing with the cramping last night.
Speaker 4: Is that something that you expect to sort of keep it closer eye on him, especially, is his pitching tonight or is anything that changes with his workload?
Speaker 2: Just considering how long last night's game lasted.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, I think we show Hey, you know feels good today. I think it's one of those we're just going to read and react, no expectations, just kind of see how he feels, how he looks, and then go from there. And obviously, you know last night was taxing on both clubs pens. But it's kind of an all hands on deck situation. You kind of figure out who's available and who feels good enough to pitch tonight fifth throwing.
Speaker 13: You're right, Jack, Dave. How close did you get to have to use a position player on the mound last night?
Speaker 12: So you know, if Rokie or if Yamamoto couldn't have taken the ball in the nineteenth, it was probably gonna be Miguel Rojas. Yeah, so that's kind of where we were at Blake'snow, just do a bullpen earlier yesterday and then show hey, deal with the cramps that night. Last night wasn't going to pitch and so it was one of those, uh, you know, it was either Yamamoto or Miguel Rojas in a World Series game.
Speaker 13: And you guys use a lot of pitchers over the course of each season, you know, to see somebody like Will who's kind of in that depth group not only kind of perform like that, but sacrifice and gives so much to the team. Like what does that tell you about him? And kind of what has your relationship been with him? You know over the years he's coming back and forth and just kind of what you had learn about him even before last night?
Speaker 12: Will will Climb Yeah, Yeah, you know, great young man. He has been to a couple of different a couple of different organizations has been all in on with the all in with the dog Dodgers and you know, up and down our player development guys. You know, he was a guy that wasn't really a strike thrower, but really challenging him, you know, here at the big league level, I think our coaches have done a fantastic job of cleaning up the delivery, challenging to be in the hitting zone, working on a slider and a great young man. And it's one of those things that you don't really know until you know, until you throw somebody in the fire and see how they respond. And so it was just really good to see, you know, how he responded last night.
Speaker 4: All Right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts, talking about Will Klein, who's becoming sensation for the Dodgers and their fans. After the four shutout Indians last night, Dodgers win Game three in eighteen Indians. Whill we continue here on Moroco Casino, Dodgers on deck, We'll check in.
Speaker 2: With the David Vast Sects.
Speaker 4: We lead you up the first pitch Dodgers in Blue Jays game for the World Series. First pitch and five. Oh wait, I'm Tim Kates is the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Toronto Blue Jays, Game four of the World Series. Show Hey Otani and Shane Bieber. The pitching matchup coming up, we'll hear from Charlie Steiner, will get your magical moment.
Speaker 1: But first, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 14: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 3: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 4: All right, David, still people buzzing about the eighteen inning game last night.
Speaker 2: Six hours and thirty eight minutes.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers almost ran out of pitching, so much so we saw Yamamoto warming up in the Dodgers bullpen to maybe pitch the nineteenth inning.
Speaker 2: What in the world how did that happen?
Speaker 14: Well, Mark, prior to the Dodgers pitching coach, told this afternoon that Yama Moto caught his eye in the tenth inning last night from the far end of the Dodger dugout where he was sitting, and he raised his eyes at Mark Pryor from the tenth inning on letting him know that if you need me, I'm willing to go down to the bullpen and pitch, and prior and Dave Roberts dismissed that notion up until the point it started to get into the seventeenth inning, sixteenth inning last night, and that's when Yamamoto got the green light to go down to the bullpen and start loosening up to see how the ball was coming out in the bullpen as we saw him warming up, and the report Mark Pryor got from the bullpen coach Josh Bart and Will Ireton was the fact that the ball was coming out really good and he had a lot of velocity on his fastball just warming up in the bullpen. So that game went into the nineteenth inning, it was going to be Yama Moto, and it's early similar from the guy that's thrown out the ceremonial first pitch, Oral Herscheizer. What he did in nineteen eighty eight has never been done by any Dodger pitcher in the history of the postseason, even Otani. But what Yamamoto was willing to do was similar to what Herscheizer did in Game four of the eighty eight NLCS. After pitching Game two of the NLCS, a complete game here at Dodger Stadium, Herscheizer on his own went to the bullpen, started warming up, and at that time, Mark Cressey was the bullpen coach. He was the one that called down to Tommy Lesorda.
Speaker 2: And said, bulldog is ready.
Speaker 14: And Lesorda had no idea that Herscheizer went down on his own, similar to what Yamamoto was trying to do last night, and the parallels are very similar, considering Yamamoto, in Game two of this year's World Series became the first Dodge pitcher since her Scheizer in Game five of the eighty eight World Series to pitch a complete game.
Speaker 4: David is brought to you by the twenty twenty five four F one to fifteen from California's best selling truck brand.
Speaker 2: It's time to see Ford.
Speaker 4: In a new light, David, quickly, what we're seeing from oshoey Altani this postseason, what we're seeing from him tonight.
Speaker 2: Can you put it into context? How unusual it.
Speaker 4: Is a guy is going to be starting a game tonight after what he did last night.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well, he was on base nine times last night and he was running the bases. He was hitting two home runs, two doubles, as you know, and now seventeen hours later, the Dodgers aren't asking Otani to be the Game four starter. He did have cramps as he was thrown out at second base and extra innings.
Speaker 3: That's where he started to cramp up.
Speaker 14: The Dodger training staff got him immediately on the hydration program during the game and also after the game in preparation for his start today. But considering how many relief pitchers the Dodgers used, the guys that were not used for multiple batters will be available, including number twenty two himself, Clayton Kershaw. He is on standby if the Dodgers need him in this game. After Otani, we.
Speaker 4: Shall see if we see twenty two again, David, great stuff. We'll check back with you in just a couple of minutes. Still to come here on Wrongo becauseino Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from Justin Robleski will dive deeper to this pitching matchup. But up next your Dodgers magical moment. It's the Dodgers and Blue Jays Game four, the World Series. First pitching five Oh wait, I'm Tim Kase's the world Champion.
Speaker 2: Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game.
Speaker 3: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Blue Jays, Game four the World Series from Dodgers Stadium. Show Hey Otani and Shane Bieber. The pitching matchup First Pitching Dodger Stadium is coming up at five o eight, I.
Speaker 2: Go hereat dog.
Speaker 3: Who wants a hot cook?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. It's Magical presented.
Speaker 3: By Hawfey Hot Toots.
Speaker 4: We go back to the nineteen eighty one World Series, Dodgers taking on the Yankees. The series started at the Yankee Stadium and the Yankees won the first two games, but the series came back to Dodgers Stadium. Dodgers would win Game three, Dodgers would game Game four, Dodgers would win Game five and go back to Yankee Stadium with all the momentum and for Game six in the Bronx, it was all Dodger blue.
Speaker 5: Watching over four how out of a stretch, the check of the runners and the one open watching. It's a high fly ball the Landro. This is it Landro waiting and waiting. He's got it. The Los Angeles Dodgers have just about done the impossible. Lasorda throws his hat away, runs out with his hands and arms held high in the air. The grabbed Steve Darby and the Dodgers. They were down two games to none in beat Houston. They were down one game to two and beat Montfrealal They were down two games to none of the Yankees and beat them four straight. What up, performer.
Speaker 9: We got to give them credit.
Speaker 1: Anny.
Speaker 5: They came all the way back under some rough conditions, and they.
Speaker 8: Came back and they wanted So They're the World Champions nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 10: No question.
Speaker 4: The Great Vince Gullions Parky Anderson on the callback at nineteen eighty one. Dodgers beat the Yankees on October twenty eighth, nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 2: Yes, on this date.
Speaker 4: Back in nineteen eighty one, Dodgers beat the Yankees by a final of nine to two to win the World Series at Yankee Stadium. This is the forty fourth anniversary of that World Series championship. The Hofey Magical Moment brought to you by Hofey Hot talks Hoffey Soakou's local tessure for nearly one hundred years Offfey Hot talks local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check out with Charlie Steiner, so leads after first bitch Dodgers and Blue Jays Game four.
Speaker 2: The World Series.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim kase is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tech on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Blue Jays from Dodger Stadium, Game four of the World Series. Show Eo Tani warm it up in left field. He is your starter for the Dodgers seventeen hours after winning Game three last night to take a two to one series lead.
Speaker 3: Time.
Speaker 4: Now for the Verizon startup, as we are just a little bit more than thirty minutes away from the start of the game. Now for Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit the Rizon store today. All right, we head back over to Charlie Stunner.
Speaker 15: All right, Tim, between Mo and I got about one hundred years no kidding broadcasting in baseball last night was utterly unique, above and beyond time of game and all that. There were so many different stories and so many different storylines. Nineteen pitchers, twenty five position players, six hundred and nine pitches thrown, thirty seven runners left on base. Those are the numbers most sitting back and watching last night, just the Atmospheric's what you were thinking and feeling in your experience? What did you see out there?
Speaker 9: Well, first of all, there's one word I mentioned it last night in the broadcast. Momentum. You can't see it, you can't taste it, but if you're in a dugout and competing, you can feel it. And this was playing volleyball with momentum, at least perceived momentum in last night's game, because it truly was, every pinch, every swing for X number of innings and extra innings for that matter, meant something. And it's on the biggest stage in Major League baseball, that being in the World Series. So the last run had been scored in the seventh inning, the bottom of the seventh that was a home run by show hey Otani, the second home run he hit in the ballgame. But from that moment on until Freddie Freeman hit the walk off home run to center field in the bottom of the eighteenth inning. Every pitch, every swing, and every fielding play had monumental circumstances as far as the result possibly in that ballgame. This was an emotional rollercoaster that took place last night. And by the way, when Freeman hit the walk off home run, before there was any PA announcement, before there was any electronic sound, they put a decimal meter on just the crowd, and the crowd noise itself on that home run was one hundred and five point three decibels. This place was absolutely rocking, and I'm talking about it was physically moving because of all the sound.
Speaker 15: So we've got the Freeman walk off home run, the staggering defensive plays. Wasn't supposed to be a battle of the bullpens. It was then the improbable story of Will Klein, who has become a World Series Historic hero. Seventy two pitches most he's ever thrown, and he's the winning pitcher. Freeman gets to home plate, they're jumping up and down, and they're jumping up and down on Will climb. It was again, what story do you want to pick?
Speaker 2: At first?
Speaker 9: I thought that will climb last night on the Postgame Show with David Vassy, and I was listening to it in the car. For me, I got chills because here's a guy that was told, Hey, stay in the stay hot camp over in Arizona in case we need you, will give you a call. When he continued to work, they gave him a list of different things they want to tighten up the slider. He had to be able to deliver more strikes in the strength zone. So those were things that he worked on. Wondering at the same time, four hundred miles away from Dodger Stadium, if he was even on the radar of this Dodger ball club. Well, he was more than on the radar. And last night of the Postgame Show, until David bassay, he couldn't even feel his legs because all the excitement adrenaline, And he said the last time he pitched four innings in a game, he was in college playing baseball.
Speaker 15: Well, yeah, and the only reason he was available to pitch last night there was nobody left.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And Dave Roberts saying a couple of hours ago in meeting with the medium that they had Yoshinobu Yamamoto volunteered. He was actually in the bullpen warming up. They said if Yamamota was not able to pitch in the nineteenth in you know who was going to be on the mound. It was going to be Miguel Rojas pitching in a World Series game. In Game three of the World Series. So yeah, the cupboard was barren. And by the way, Bieber, who is going to pitch tonight for the Drunde Blue Jays, also volunteered. He went down to their bullpen in case needed in the nineteenth.
Speaker 15: One final question looking ahead to the game today Otani and Peeble and the question about bullpens, who's available, who's not. You gotta hand it to the Dodgers in terms of advantage because O'tani is most likely to go much further than Biebers less reluctance on the bullpen.
Speaker 2: But again, that's the beauty of the World Series.
Speaker 15: You don't know until you know.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: The other part that I like, the reason I'm chuckling is you and I both know, Okay, that's on the drawing board. As soon as they play the national anthem. You know what they do with the drawing board, They take that piece of paper, all that planning and all that strategy, and they kind of waide it up and they throw it in the trash can and say, let's see how this one kind of pans out, and if it pans out like last night. In fact, I was kidding, but coming in to the ballpark, I told Dwayne McDonald, producer engineer, I said, hey, look, I got good news. Major League Baseball designed after eighteen innings last night. We're only going to play a six INNI game tonight. So it's going to be nine innings. It's going to be absolutely impactful, and this crowd's going to be rocking and rolling as the doctors in the Blue Jays play and the World Series three.
Speaker 15: This is the sound of a game plan that goes up in smoke tim Game four about ready to get underway. Lineups in first pitch, right around the corner.
Speaker 2: All right, Thank you Charlie, thank you Mo. That's the game plan.
Speaker 4: Join the best fans in the NWSL and be an angel CITYFC season ticket member tickets start as low as twenty two dollars per game. The twenty twenty six season will be here before you know it. Learn more at Angelcity dot com. Still to come here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. Before first pitch, we'll get your preview this pitching matchup. Nelly and Mo will have the keys to the game. But up next we go high and Tight with Justin Robleski. It's the Dodgers and the Blue Jays, Game four of the World Series.
Speaker 2: From Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 4: This is Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck on the World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, is Morongo Sino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Blue Jays Game four the World Series. Dodgers Baseball is Bronte Byes, Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's Group Nights and Shanky's Dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vess a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 3: This is high and tight.
Speaker 14: We're getting set for Game four of the World Series between the Dodgers and Blue Jays, and everybody is still buzzing about the eighteen inning finish last night or earlier this morning.
Speaker 2: And we're joined right now by one.
Speaker 14: Of those Dodger bullpen dogs who pitched an inning and two thirds scoreless innings in the first nine innings of last night's game. And that's Justin Robleski, justin. Thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 16: Yeah, thank you, Dave. Glad to be here.
Speaker 3: Glad we won.
Speaker 14: Yeah, makes it easier to go to bed and wake up quickly, right with a smile on your face, for sure.
Speaker 2: Sure, when you see.
Speaker 3: What the team did.
Speaker 14: It took all twenty six of you guys to win a World Series game. How much more special is it when everybody contributes in a World Series win?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I think anytime you know, you win a World Series game or you're playing in a World Series game in general, it's obviously a huge, you know, once in a lifetime deal. And for us to all kind of contribute in small ways in that game, and you know, even the guys that aren't on the roster kind of contributed, and it was really really special. It was a lot of fun, probably the most fun I've ever had in the game in my life. Like, you know, got to pitch in the game and then come out of the game and kind of be a part of the cheerleading squad for everybody. And yeah, see Freddie's walk off home run, and you know a lot of people still here for for eighteen innings. You know, hats off to the fans and everybody that stuck around. And yeah, my family was here, so that was that was another thing that made it pretty cool for me. And yeah, it was it was special.
Speaker 14: Obviously ready with the walk off home run, huge, but I loved after you mobbed Freddie Freeman, the team mobbed Will Klein.
Speaker 2: How cool is that? Yeah, it's it's pretty cool.
Speaker 16: I mean, I think you know, a lot of people, I mean, obviously the media and everybody you know, is letting everybody know that what Will did was a big deal. But I think when you're in when you're in baseball and you know the game and you kind of know how it is, and you know that for me, especially being a starter and a reliever, like knowing kind of the differences and everything else, and you know, super happy not only that we won the game, but that he was able to to kind of you know, be a hero quote unquote, and it was super cool.
Speaker 14: How much more confidence do you have that Dave Roberts is going to in critical situations in the World Series. That's got a feed off itself.
Speaker 16: For sure, and I think you know, they've been in constant with the messaging to me this whole postseason and you're gonna get big outs for us, and you know, Dave came up to me and uh Milwaukee in was just like, hey, like stay ready, stay locked in.
Speaker 14: And your starters didn't really need you exactly exactly.
Speaker 16: When the starting pitching has been as good as it has been, there's just not gonna be as as many opportunities out there, which is which is fine. I'm okay with winning, that's for sure, But yeah, I knew at some point there was gonna be a spot where I'd have to come in and get some big outs, and yesterday is you know, obviously the goal is always the same, but different, different juice in a tie ball game than it was in Toronto and when we were down a little bit. So yeah, it was a lot of fun and hopefully, you know, I it's super blessed and grateful to have that opportunity and that big of a spot.
Speaker 14: I know Alex Vesia wherever he was watching last night was super proud the relievers put fifty one on their caps. Whose idea was that and how much did that mean to the entire team within the team down there.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I think it just it just came as a collective, you know, Blake trying and the had the kind of you know, hey, should.
Speaker 5: We do this?
Speaker 16: You want to do this? And yeah, we were just like, let's let's do it. And his best is such a big part of kind of everything we do down there, and he's been such a big part of this team all year, even through these playoffs, and yeah, it's just kind of, you know, show our support to him and let him know that we're thinking of him and his family during this time. So that's that's really the big thing.
Speaker 14: Don't be nervous about saying it's Blake Trnon's idea. I'll handle Trying and don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: Robleski, I know I can't.
Speaker 16: I can't. I can't give him too much credit though, I can't give him. I gotta gotta keep him humble, you know.
Speaker 14: You get those outs all handle Blake Trying and I love it.
Speaker 10: I love it.
Speaker 14: Justin Robleski, You're gonna see him again in the World Series.
Speaker 2: We'll send it back to you, Tim, all right, thank you, David.
Speaker 4: Justin Robleski big part of the bullpen performance last night in the eighteen inning win. It took six hours and thirty nine minutes with the Dodgers winning six to five and now at two games to one lead in this best of seven World Series. As we lead you up to first bitch, Dodge and the Blue Jays. When we come back, we'll get you this pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 4: This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers baseball hits.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers in Blue Jays came four of the World Series.
Speaker 2: From Dodgers standing in first pitch, coming up at five o.
Speaker 1: Eight and now before the Dodgers hit the Dina, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Prison about your Southern California Toyota dealers work hard, play hard in a New Tacomo with an I Force turbo charts engine. It's a truck built for the bulls. Here Toyota dealer today, they make it easy. Shane Bieber on the mound for the Blue Jays. Thirty year old right hander look good to Hill's native u see Santa Barbara Gaucho. Eighth season in the Big Leagues, his first with the Blue Jays, coming back from Tommy John surgery. He made just seven starts during the regular season. He's made three starts here in the postseason, one to zero with a four to thirty.
Speaker 2: Eight e RRA.
Speaker 4: While show hey Otani on the mound for the Dodgers, thirty one year old right hander made fourteen starts during the regular season to eighty seven ERA, two to zero here in the postseason with a two to twenty five RRA. His last start, well, it's the outing that everybody's still talking about against the Brewers and the NLCS. Six shutout innings, ten strikeouts, three home runs against the Brewers. Tonight against the Blue Jays, this will be on his fourth time facing in two and one, with a three thirty two ERRA in those three starts. He last faced the Toronto Blue Jays with the Angels back in two thousand twenty two. Show Hey Otani Shane Bieber buckle up. Game four of the World Series is.
Speaker 2: Fifteen minutes away. Keys to the game with Steven and Rick Arnecks. I'm sim kateson.
Speaker 4: This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deech Wo.
Speaker 3: I'm your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 4: It's Dodgers in Blue Jays on this Tuesday, Game.
Speaker 2: Four of the World Series.
Speaker 4: Let's head back over to the Galvin Motors broadcast with for a final check in with Steven Nelson, Rick Monday.
Speaker 10: Guys DC, We're back at it with Rick Monday. First pitch approaching in Game four.
Speaker 6: Show Hey Oltani, he reached base nine times in game three.
Speaker 10: Now he is starting game four.
Speaker 3: MO.
Speaker 10: We can't let people get tired or numb to what we're seeing. This is crazy.
Speaker 9: Well, then we keep blinking and saying win a minute. Is it time to get up and go to school? I wanted to sleep in, and I go back and show, hey, Otani, here's the point with Otani. Dave Roberts for those that maybe did not hear to see it, he addressed his ball club in the locker room immediately after the victory. He says, hey, look, we have a game to play later today, meaning tonight, and they were talking about somebody brought up Otani's name and show hey Otani. Immediately he cracked up the rest of his teammates. He went into a full lindup as a pitcher. And here's a guy that had just been on base nine times in a ballgame, and he was already thinking, well, we've got a ballgame later today, and I'm gonna be on the mound and hit it.
Speaker 6: At the same time, it's old Tani against Bieber, Game four of the World Series.
Speaker 10: The Dodgers have a chance to go up three to one.
Speaker 4: All Right, Nelly, appreciate it first bitches. Next, Dodger fans, are you ready show hey Otani on the mound. I'm Tim Kasey has been Rogo Casino, Dodgers on deck. I'm the World champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network