Speaker 1: Nay money MENFO to help you invest like a bro. Feel free to take notes. This is the Bloomberg Money Minute on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Denise Fell agree with us this morning on a Friday. It's getting close to the weekendo, and we got to start this report. Let's start with the Johnson and Johnson. They are cutting drug prices.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are. This is good news.
Speaker 4: Johnson and Johnson has reached this deal with the government to lower drug prices. This will be for some Americans in exchange for tariff exemption, which is what the Trump administration was after. And all part of this, Jay and j will offer drugs to the Medicaid program at prices comparable to what other developed countries offer. They'll also participate in Trump r X, and they also plan to build two manufacturing facilities in the US, which is also part of what the Trump administration was after, including a cell therapy site in Pennsylvania and a drug product manufacturing facility in North Carolina. Multiple other companies have already struck similar agreements, so this is a big deal and we could see more of these going forward.
Speaker 2: I can barely wear a watch, but all these wearable devices that people are using is it impacting our mental health?
Speaker 4: Well, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: You can barely wear a watch?
Speaker 2: It's right there there it is. It's not digital. It's one of the Yeah I got the old fashioned watch on. I don't have that smart watch or whatever.
Speaker 4: Oh well, you know, I mean, gen Z probably loves you because those things are like crazy popular right now.
Speaker 5: People got wearable devices and iPhones and absolutely aura rings, the garment, the fitbit, the Hoopla and apparently all these wearables, as you were kind of hinting at, well.
Speaker 4: They can be good for information, you know, how you sleep, what your recovery rate is, on your muscles, even if you're not an athlete, you maybe wish you were.
Speaker 3: I want to be.
Speaker 4: But apparently it's also having a negative effect because data overload and hyper fixation on health metrics can kind of get us down, especially if it's you know, like, oh my god, I didn't get.
Speaker 3: Enough sleep last night. I only got four hours.
Speaker 4: This is terrible, my life is going so so all that increased stress and anxiety is negative and counterproductive. So experts are also recommending take a step back from the device, maybe just take them off for a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they become overwhelming all right. In stock futures, what are you seeing right now?
Speaker 4: They're higher, not by a lot, but DAL futures up forty two s and P futures up nine, Nasdaq futures getting fifty four. That's ahead of a job's report coming out at the bottom of the hour, expected to show kind of weak but not horrible job creation and also a slight slid, slight drop in the unemployment rate. So investors are watching that very closely because we have the Fed's next big policy making meeting at the end of the month. From Bloomberg, I'm Denise Pellegrinian News Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 3: Interestry Cuts, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Coming up in eight twelve. It is Friday. That means we talked to Matt Roush talking TV. Hey, good morning man, how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm doing good? How you doing, Steve good?
Speaker 2: I believe starting out on TV tonight is your alma mater playing in the.
Speaker 6: Baseball Yeah, indeed, yeah, I've already got my lucky Red Indiana soson right now because thinking about you know, they're playing the game tonight, so yeah, and undefeated, undefeated football team. Who knew that would happen?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: It has it hasn't happened in many decades at all, and I.
Speaker 3: Think I don't think so. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Congratulations on tonight and hope you guys do well. Let's start out with The Pit. Everybody's talking about. This is return for a second season.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just a first episode dropped last night on HBO Max and it's going to continue for another or two months or something like that. But yeah, it was the most acclaimed show of last year. It just won the Critics' Choice Award for Best Drama, was already an Emmy winner for Best Drama, Noah Wiley winning his first Emmy playing the head of The Er when he began his career as just a kid who is just starting out in the Er and the NBC series all those thirty years ago or so.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of come full circle.
Speaker 6: But the fact of the idea of The Pit is that the entire season takes place in one shift. Each hour is one hour of their work day, kind of the way twenty four used to work back in the day, where every hour is one hour sort of plays out in real time. So these cases that get introduced during a very busy day, you keep following them hour by hour, as Noah Wiley makes the rounds of this very very busy Pittsburgh er. So it is just really gripping show, very emotional, amazing cast. All these young people who are the interns and the residents are going to become stars of their own the way that they did back in the.
Speaker 3: Days of Er. So it's just a great series.
Speaker 6: And this series takes place this season takes place on a very busy July fourth, so you can imagine the kind of complications that happen there. And then at one point during the season they have to kind of rely on their wits and their guts because all of the computers are shut down, So that makes things really interesting. But what I appreciate about this season of The Pit is the first season built to this huge, like mass shooting crisis. They're not trying to top themselves in season two. All the way I put it is just getting through the day in this kind of environment is enough of an accomplishment. So you're just really just just brought into this sort of ticking clocked aspect of medicine in this very busy, busy er and it's just a great drama. So, yeah, that one's making a lot of noise, and so that is good news for TV viewers.
Speaker 2: I may have missed this is the pit. Noah, why is he the same character that he was in the old er show.
Speaker 6: No, he's not playing his character here is called doctor Robbie. He was John Carter in that series, which he said in Chicago. So new city, new er, new characters, but same kind of vibe going on here because it's extremely intense.
Speaker 3: All right, Golden Globes coming up on Sunday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, CBS has that franchise now. It ran on NBC for years, but now it's back. And Golden Globe's always seen as like the big party. They're all sitting around and they've had a lot of drinks and food, and they're sitting in the ballroom of the Beverly Hilton and has sort of a different vibe from the Oscars. But here they honor both television and movies. And Nicky Glazer, who's a sort of seasoned roaster. She'll be roasting the crowd while she hosts the show. I think it's her second year doing this. But in the movie Battle, we're going to have one battle after another, which has won most of the awards and as seen as an Oscar front runner, but for some reason, they have pegged this movie as a comedy. They separate the comedies from the dramas, so there's going to be two major films that could win awards at the Golden Globes and one battle after another as favorite for comedy.
Speaker 3: But in drama you'll have either Sinners.
Speaker 6: Which was a huge hit from last year, or this sleeper that's just come along about Shakespeare called Haminet, and those are going to probably win.
Speaker 3: For Best Drama.
Speaker 6: In TV, I would look for Pitt as we just mentioned. The Pit will probably win for drama. The studio has been winning everything, the Apple TV Comedy for comedy, and the Adolescence the Netflix mini series will win for Nominated Series, we expect. So again, we're in the awards circuit right now, and the Grammys are coming in just a few weeks, But right now we're in awards, and I guess awards heaven if that's what you like to watch on TV.
Speaker 2: All right, And a comeback. I really didn't see this one coming. Fear Factor's been revived.
Speaker 6: Yes, the show that scarred a lot of people back in the nineties or whatever it was, that's back on but now it's on the Fox Network and they're calling this season Fear Factor House of Fear, because the twist on this particular reinvention of Fear Factor is that they're not just facing their fear and having to eat disgusting things or going to really scary situations, but they're also living in a house together. So there's going to be strategies and alliances, and they're going to I guess, vote on who goes into the elimination around each week and in the first episode hosted by Johnny Knoxville. Now, by the way, so you know that guy knows his way around crazy stunts, that's for sure. But in the first episode they seal them up in airtight containers.
Speaker 3: So the ideas, you.
Speaker 6: Know, they are going to be plaustrophobic and all that kind of stuff. Not exactly my idea of a great reality show, but it was popular back in the day, and I don't expect it will not it will be any different this time. They're going to premiere it on Sunday after one of the NFL Wild Card games, and they're going to move it to Wednesday, where he's going to pair it with a new season The Masked singer.
Speaker 3: So reality TV, it's everywhere you look, all right and real quick. We got some streaming going on this week too. Yeah.
Speaker 6: If you were a fan of the Emmy winning espionage drama The Night Manager, which aired ten years ago, they're bringing it back on Sunday on Amazon Prime Video. Tom Hillston reprising his role of the undercover spy. So that is for fans of that. If you're more into the action thing. There's a new season of Hijack starting on Apple TV on Wednesday. That's Idris Elba in the first episode. In the first season, he was dealing with a hostage crisis on a plane. Now he's on a train underground in Berlin and there's another hostage crisis.
Speaker 3: Maybe this guy illa just stay home.
Speaker 2: Maybe a Matt Rouss Talking TV this week is always uh, where do we connect with you?
Speaker 6: Tvnsuder dot Com and TV guide Magazine.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much, Steve.
Speaker 2: All right, well talk next week. Go hoo'siers there. I hope your team does well toight all right, yeah, all right, it's eight eighteen and seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Chuck Ingram in here this morning. I am shock. How's Russia are winding down?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 7: I've still got a couple of problems, but overall things are beginning to settle down a little bit. This from the UC Health Traffic Center, UC Health Weight Loss Center off for Surgical and Medical bcdcaren expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three, nine two two sixty three. One of the problems is found seventy five near the Richwood exit. Let length blocked off with an accident that's enough to back traffic to the seventy one split near Walton. There's also a wreck eastbound on the lateral near Montgomery Road that traffic is backing up towards. Ready southbound seventy five continues slowed through Lachland and they're cleaning up a wreck at the lateral that's on the shoulder. Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: All right, the nine first Warning Weather Forecast Center looks like this, mostly clouding, an overcast day. After this rain gets out of here, we're supposed to get to about sixty four, which will tie a record. All Right, scattered showers tomorrow up until early afternoon, high about fifty one, and then it's going to be cloudy, windy, and some flurries in the afternoon on Sunday. It's gonna be cold, high thirty one, gonna feel like eighteen on Sunday, wow fifty nine around the tri States. Some wet roads and some rain. Scattered rain out there right now in seven hundred WLW. Looks like some Senate Republicans didn't vote the way that they were supposed to. We're going to talk to Stephen Portnoye about what happened yesterday.
Speaker 3: Coming up next seven hundred WLW in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: It's time to talk to Stephen portnoys or ABC News national correspondent in Washington. Stephen, what's the latest here in the House incentive yesterday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a couple of things caught our eye.
Speaker 8: Yesterday. You had Republicans in the House and the Senate bucking their leadership, joining with republic Democrats to advance or pass bills in opposition to the leadership and ultimately to the White House. Let's start in the Senate, where five Republican senators voted with Democrats to advance a War Powers Act resolution that would aim to tie the President's hands with respect to future military action in Venezuela. Now, overnight, the President put on his social media that he is canceled a second planned wave of attacks on Venezuela because he says he's now working cooperatively with the existing regime there with the interim president following Maduro's arrest last weekend. But this measure, which had the support of five Republicans Susan Collins of Maine, Josh Holly of Missouri, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Ran Paul of Kentucky, Todd Young of Indiana, would aim to prevent the president from using the military and Venezuela going forward without congressional approval. A number of these Republicans say that they believe that the Constitution requires the Congress have a voice in that, and that's why they voted to advance that. Final passages expected next week. But what you need to know is that the White House position a veto threat. In order for this thing to actually have impact, it would have to not only pass both houses, but it would have to be enacted into law, either with the President's signature or with the two thirds veto proof margin in both houses to override a veto, and that's not going to happen. So certainly a symbolic thing, the President responded yesterday saying these five Republicans should be ashamed of themselves and quote should never be elected to office.
Speaker 3: Again. That's in the Senate.
Speaker 8: In the House, seventeen Republicans, including a handful from Ohio, voted with Democrats to advance and pass a three year extension of the expired ACA tax credits. Not likely to become law either, because the Republican leader in the Senate says, essentially it's a non starter, he would require substantial changes, and Senate Republicans voted to block a similar measure about a month ago. So the fact that it has happened, it's not the first time. By the way, remember the Epstein files was another example. But you have certain instances now where Republican rank and file members are bucking the leadership, bucking the president.
Speaker 2: And they're pushing it back against the party. Is that surprising to you.
Speaker 8: I think it reflects the fact that we're a divided country. The Congress as a Republican majority that's historically very small, and at certain points, some of these Republicans, particularly those who come from districts where the voters are there swing districts, they may be vulnerable heading into this next midterm election cycle, or they just simply strongly feel the way they do. For example, I think that's the case of Senator Paul when it comes to this question of war powers. And so you're going to see examples like this. They're historically important, they're symbolic, probably not all that significant in terms of affecting outcomes, but notable nevertheless.
Speaker 2: And you expect it to continue as the months and year go by.
Speaker 8: Well, it will reflect the issue at the time, It'll reflect the popularity of that particular question, where the president stands on it, how aggressively he pursues a party discipline within the Republican ranks. Earlier this week, he went to a Republican meeting at the what he now calls the Trump Kennedy Center, and he tried to urge Republicans to fall in line and stand behind him going into this midterm cycle. But what happened a couple of days later, seventeen of them in the House said, now, sir, we're going to vote to extend these ACA subsidies.
Speaker 3: Interesting, isn't it?
Speaker 8: It certainly is interesting, But it also is a function of where we are right now as a country. And it also speaks to the constitutional imperative that the people's elected leaders have the opportunity to weigh in. That's really more than anything with this reflects.
Speaker 2: Steven Portnoy, ABC News National Correspunding in Washington. Thanks for your time this morning. Appreciate it. Kee all right, it's coming up an eight.
Speaker 3: To thirty on seven hundred WL double in the next thirty minutes. It's Friday. That means we talked to Beer Dave. He's coming up on seven hundred WL.
Speaker 1: Fresh money news is being served. This is the Bloomberg Money Minute on seven hundred WOW. Good morning.
Speaker 4: Investors today are keeping a very close sie on the job market and also on events in Venezuela, with President Trump calling off a second wave of attacks on that country, citing cooperation, especially when it comes to crude oil. If you're looking for a bargain on a car, you might take a look at some Jeeps Stillenti's Jeep brand cutting prices. It's an effort to mount to turn around bid in the US market. Jeep is also simplifying its lineup. It's offering fewer model iterations and reducing up charges. The Wrangler Sports now starts at about forty two, five hundred bucks. That's down more than thirteen hundred dollars from the prior model year. The brand CEO says changes are intended to give back to the customer of the things that make Jeep Jeep and drive both volumes and profits. And the new Volcano cas Rito with Lava sauce alternative has arrived at Taco Bella's. The chain tries to capitalize on all the hype of Casa Rito's return with the launch of a new menu lineup inspired by another discontinued item. The Volcano cas Rito comes with a new Volcano sauce. It's a spicy addition inspired by the lava sauce. It has almost a cult like following Volcano Sauces cheese based with spices from Bloomberg. I'm Denise Pelgrine on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Seven hundred WIWD, Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: I thought we talked to Brad Garrett or ABC News crime and terrorism analysts from Washington. Brad tell me about this new study about gun violence. What did they find out?
Speaker 9: So this out it called the Trace, which is a nonprofit. They really do some thorough analysis of both gun violence in other words, you're shooting may but neither one of us die. As a stat obviously, homicides are obvious what they are. So they analyze one hundred and fifty US cities and they found that there's one of the greatest drops in gun violence in these one hundred and fifty cities. And you would say to yourself and then, well, why did that happen? And I think there's a number of variables Steve to play into it. For example, if you have to look at this, you always have to look at crime and what it is in perspective of when it is in history. So I can take you back a number of years when it was much higher than it is now. At the point being, it really spiked between twenty twenty and twenty twenty two. Two reasons the pandemic. People aren't working, kids aren't in school, after treatment programs or social programs of you know, filling the blank, of basketball camps, of things that keep kids busy from four to eight o'clock. Basically we're gone. And then you had to protests of Black Lives Matter, George Floyd, et cetera. So all of that, you know, had a pretty significant impact on gun violence going up, which just makes common sense, right, people have all that idle time, people get into it, kids start hanging out with people they shouldn't because they're not after school programs, whatever it might be. So we come out of that in twenty twenty three, and you know, the numbers by and large across the board in twenty twenty four, in the first I don't know, ten months or so of twenty twenty five show this, you know, an appreciable downturn in gun violence. Yeah, and you know so many variables affect gun violence steed, but you know, it's really good to see, and we just hope it continues.
Speaker 2: Well, the interesting thing is a lot of cities are understaffed and their police officers, they say, and gun violence going down. That's a pretty good correlation. I would say, there's any indication would they even know if this is temporary?
Speaker 9: Well, you know my guess that. You know, there's always a rich you can get thrown into these situations that change people's attitudes for the police toward whatever. But I think if we can do two things, these after school programs or social programs for inner city kids. The current administration cut their budget substantially. They've got to figure out a way to put that money back in so that these programs because they look under grants typically the federal government. Yeah, that needs to happen. The other is to your point about understaffing. I mean, DC is down eight hundred officers. They're supposed to have four thousand and they have thirty two hundred, and I don't know about Cincinnati. My guess is you need be understaff too. But you know that creates a strain on the officers and it puts a strain on their ability to really drill down on particular neighborhoods as to what is the crime pop probably in these X number of blocks and go to work on it so things can change for the better or for the worse. I hope that we continue to go downward.
Speaker 2: All right, One quick question in your career, have you seen a drop like this?
Speaker 3: Ever?
Speaker 9: We've had drops before, I think because it went up so much and then it's quickly, I mean relatively quickly, for crime went down according.
Speaker 3: To this study at least a lot.
Speaker 9: And yes, we've had other ups and downs along the way, but this one, based on where we came from Stephen twenty twenty. I think this one's pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Hey, thanks for the good news this morning. Brad Garrett, ABC News crime and Terrorism analyst in Washington, Thank you so much.
Speaker 9: You're welcome to take care Steve.
Speaker 2: It's about eight forty five seven hundred WLWT ten minutes away or so. Beard Dave will join us on a Friday. I wanted is Chuck available there, Chuck to talk to us?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you mentioned Beard Dave. Are you buying? It's free? Oh? You get to listen of beer Dave free.
Speaker 2: But I wanted you to know today the second Friday in January is known as Quitter's Day?
Speaker 3: Oh is it? Do you know what that means? You take it from here?
Speaker 2: Everybody is about half the people out there have abandoned their New Year's resolution. Oh, Christ by the second Friday in January, January.
Speaker 3: Ninth, which is today, So happy Quitter's Day. Well, thank you. Did you make a New Year's rest? No?
Speaker 7: I used to make them, but then I'd give them up for lent, so that was always working here.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, I've got one here that this will help a lot of people. And I had to search for it. But number ten New Year's resolution in America was exercise more.
Speaker 3: So I found out what's.
Speaker 2: The shortest amount of time you can exercise to get health benefits, And it's fifteen minutes. A fifteen minute walk, we'll give you some benefits. So if your's resolution is to exercise, it's fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: Walk and get the roll or something, the remote, get.
Speaker 2: The room, walk into the kitchen sixty five times, and you'll help us fifteen minutes. It will lower your risk for death compared to those who don't do fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: We're not very good, are we. No, we're not to check out these and see if you would do it.
Speaker 2: Number nine was read more, travel more, spend more time with family and friends, quit smoking. Well I didn't have to worry about that one, all right. What about save money or spend less money? Oh, I could definitely use that.
Speaker 3: What about live life to the fullest?
Speaker 2: What's that mean? I have no idea. Okay, I think it's not walk fifteen minutes. That may be it.
Speaker 3: Learn a new skill or hobby. What would you learn? Oh? I have no idea.
Speaker 2: What about getting organized? That was number two New year's resolution this year?
Speaker 3: Well, I should probably do that. There you go. And number one was lose weight. So we Well, that's my biggie. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Well you know you can walk fifteen minutes. Well, so I've heard get some health benefits. Oh goodness, gracious, but that is number one. New Year's resolution is lose weight. And nine days into it, half the people are already eating some burgers in fry.
Speaker 3: So they're not doing it. That's why we do. That's why I don't.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, how does quitter's day traffic look like out there? Oh?
Speaker 3: I need to get more organized and find that. You should know, I can look right at it.
Speaker 7: Then getting much better now that the rain has moved through the area. This from the UC Health Traffic Center. UC Health Weight Loss Center offers surgical and medical obesity care and expertise called five one three, nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine pre nine two two sixty three. Speaking of resolutions, northbound seventy five, I'm no longer seeing to delay through the cut in the hill and into downtown. Getting much better past the lateral and into Lachland. After an earlier accident, and that includes getting pasted a wreck near Ezer Charles. That's over on the right shoulder. Southbound seventy five they cleared the wreck at the lateral and traffic on the lateral getting better after an earlier wreck at Montgomery. Chucking from news radio seven hundred WLW Tony and First Warning weather cast Center.
Speaker 2: Looking like this, it's gonna be mostly cloudy, overcast day, temps dropping all day long.
Speaker 3: The high sixty four. We may have already hit the high today.
Speaker 2: Spotty showers returning tonight down to about forty three. Scattered showers until early afternoon hours tomorrow. If you're going to the X game to morrow, about four, it'll be about fifty one degrees. Should be dry by the time tip off happens. The problem is Sunday, cloudy, windy, few flurries in the afternoon. It's gonna be high of thirty one, but it's gonna feel like eighteen.
Speaker 3: Ouch.
Speaker 2: It's already down to fifty seven at your severe weather station, news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Beard Dave joins me next, Dave, how are you hey? Good morning? See Hoggins, Hey, good week? I guess ready for Yeah, that's good. I'm glad you had a hoppy new year to start with. Here.
Speaker 2: A lot to go on here today, mad Tree. Let's talk with that what's the tail wagger? Peanut butter Porter? I've never heard of that, never tasted it.
Speaker 3: What's it like?
Speaker 10: So this is a brand new it's just just broke this week from them. It's available in six pack cams around town and on draft at their tamp rooms. So if you haven't had a chance, I'm guessing this is going to be similar to basically like a resy cup and a glass. Oh wait, it sounds to me, so I'm thinking this is going to be a fun one.
Speaker 3: What does porter mean? Again?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 10: Porter is going to be similar to a Scout, but tends to lean a little more on the chocolate and the caramel notes where Stout tends to be a little more roasted and coffee like.
Speaker 3: Got it tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Fifty West Brewery on Wooster Pike host and a learn to skate with the Cyclones.
Speaker 3: I like this, tell me all about it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So they'll have the Cyclones, mascots and some of the players out there to work with the kids and sort of from two thirty to five, sort of a chance for you to come out and you know, get your kids to where they're not so afraid of the ice, to get them out there over there on Wooster Pike and the skating rink that.
Speaker 3: They put up every year. Good Northern Road.
Speaker 2: They just released their brawler their barrel age did a Schwartz beer?
Speaker 3: Did I say that right? Schwars? Yeah, it means black beer.
Speaker 10: And this is going to be basically a logger version of a stout.
Speaker 3: If you will. So it's going to have those those deep roasted notes.
Speaker 10: And this one actually is bourbon barrel aids, So this one's going to pack pack a punch.
Speaker 3: Oh, I gotta try that one.
Speaker 2: Then onward the Tuesday, they're hosting another Colch night at the tap room.
Speaker 3: Did I say that right?
Speaker 10: Col That is tracked and this is an awesome thing. It's very similar to what they do in Cologne, where on next Tuesday night from five point thirty to nine, the only thing you can get to drink is their colsh and they make one of the best ones in the city by far.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: And then next week also Thursday, Gilligans and the Gnarly Nome there and a guided five course beer dinner.
Speaker 3: Tell me about this.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So this is Gilligans over there in Wyoming and a great, great restaurant and really nice beers. And then Arley Nomes paired up with them and they've got a nice five course dinner here. So if you never had a chance to go to a beer dinner and have beer and food paired together, it'll really open your eyes to just how amazing the two combinate together.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 2: Arnold's one of my favorite places in town. They want your holiday decorations. What are we doing here?
Speaker 10: So they're thinking is this. You know every year at the end of the season, some people decide, you know, we're going to thin out our supply or whatever, you know, So rather than you know, chuck your things to the curb, Arnold's is interested in maybe securing a couple of your decorations because they're trying to up their decorations and if it meets their critique and criteria, they will partner up with gift cards for your items. So reach out to Arnold's at arnoldspar Andgrill dot com and see it maybe they can make use of your holiday decorations.
Speaker 2: There you go, And next Saturday, Third I Brewing is releasing Kelly's Private Stash.
Speaker 3: Have you had this before?
Speaker 10: I've experienced these over the past years. This is an annual event where the beginning of the year. They bring out some varieties of Kelly's barrel aged beers and he's got three different barley wines this year, including one that has hazel nut, vanilla and toasted coconut, which sounds really nice coming in at almost fourteen percent.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: A couple more here the former Braxton Brewery and Pendleton that has been sold.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so this started out as three Points originally and then Braxton took it over and it's been sitting vacant and somebody has purchased a building and I don't know if become a brewery again or not, but just it's beer history and we got a report on.
Speaker 2: It alrighty talking to beer Dave this morning. Are we like one month out here from this year's since a beer fest?
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 10: And they're going to be back at the Convention Center. So if you haven't had a chance to get to the new convention Center, this could be your your initial chance to check out all the new fixtureing and everything at the convention Center and enjoy some awesome beers. So on Saturday they'll have two sessions. Then just go to Sincy with a y beerfest dot com for more details.
Speaker 2: And that's February seventh, for the beer Fest. Got to check that out, beer, Dave, were you drinking beer this weekend?
Speaker 10: I think I'm going to try and make it over to the oakleyh Mad Tree and give this tailweg or peanut butter porter a chance.
Speaker 2: I want to hear all about it next Friday. All right, thanks so much.
Speaker 3: Beer. That sounds great, Stave, have a great week.
Speaker 2: All right, it's coming up on the news Sterling and Donna die next for Sloaney right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: Protesting over the ICE involves shooting in Minnesota. With the nine o'clock report, I'm Bryant Combs breaking now demonstrations last night in the streets at the Trice Saying and in cities across America over the shooting of a woman in Minnesota by an ICE agent. Protester say it was unjustified, even though the president and vice president defend the agent's actions. Tactical experts say that ICE did not follow standard police protocol and approaching that vehicle a woman was in, since our officers trained to never reach into a car or stand in front of a vehicle, and they're instructed to never fire into a car. Robert Boyce as the former chief of detectives in New York City. He believes the ISAA jin had every right to fire the first shot as the vehicle surged forward. The boy says the second and third shots at the car as it was pulling away or not justified.
Speaker 12: I see an officer getting struck by a vehicle, unknown how hard he was struck, fire once and then in quick succession, moved to his right and fire another two shots. Shots two and three are the issue here, and that officer will have to explain himself why he fired those two.
Speaker 11: Months isn't clear which shots struck and killed the driver. The FBI is setting up the investigation. City of Cincinnati now looking at paying the family of a man who was shot by police, and he's priced hill last summer. Talk of a settlement comes even though the prosecutor rule the shooting of Ryan Hinton was justified. Union president Ken Kober says it's another example of the city not supporting its cops.
Speaker 13: Yeah, City Council, you'll just give eight point one million dollars to people that broke the lalls, you know, during the riots in twenty twenty, let's call him what they were. And then now we have yet again contemplating they could said that we don't have a deal. I told the city manager this was a tentative deal. We are about what a tentative deal is. So well, you know nothing's, nothing's on paper, you know nothing's you've been through a judge.
Speaker 3: I'm like, we've not changed money.
Speaker 11: City manager not denies any deal has been worked out with a Hint and family. After that shooting, the team's father was charged with running over and killing a Hamilton Guys sheriff's deputy and what prosecutors call an attempt to get even over his son's jeath.
Speaker 3: Now latest traffic and weather together from the UC Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: U See Health Weight Loss Center offers sergical and medical Obcity Karen expertise caught five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two sixty three. Crews are working with an accident northbound seventy five as you come out of downtown near As Charles, but over on the right shoulder, so I'm seeing no delay at the moment off of the Brand Spence Bridge. The latest wreck is outside of Monroe, westbound on sixty three at Union. There's also a wreck in the clean up stages on Westwood at Harrison chuck Ingram. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Now the latest four from the Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Weather Center Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Better.
Speaker 11: For Less Radars shows just a few scattered light showers around the tricet eate now the heavy stuff has moved off. Still windy with a high today of sixty four. Tonight's body showers return low forty three. Tomorrow scattered showers, overcast, cooler with a high fifty one. Right now it is fifty eight degrees. News Radio seven hundred WLW. Shooting in a city park in Covington under investigation. Happened about six last night in Barb Cook Park on Madison Avenue.
Speaker 3: Victim's conditions not known. No arrests have been made yet.
Speaker 11: Well Devan, jailed over the death of a missing woman from Fairfield go free. John Carter asking for an early release. He'll be in Butler County Court this afternoon. He pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in connection with the death of Caitlin Markham.
Speaker 3: He's only served about a year of a three year sentence.
Speaker 11: Well inspired credits for health insurance coverage be restored. House is voted to extend the subsidies that ran out at the end of last year.
Speaker 14: Largely this is ceremonial in the House today. It will show Republicans breaking with leadership, breaking with President Trump on this issue, particularly vulnerable moderate Republicans. But what does that mean for the twenty million or so Americans who get their insurance through the Affordable Care Act Right now?
Speaker 3: They're still in limbo.
Speaker 11: If the measure does pass the Senate, the bill would face a presidential veto U see. He's had basketball coach apologizing for going off on the media and Bearcat fans after the team's loss in West Virginia. Wes Miller on seven of a WLW last night, telling Dan Horten Jerry Nelson he was sorry for his comments on the postgame show Tuesday.
Speaker 15: I love our fan base that there's standards here, there's expectations. When we don't meet those, it's extremely frustrating. I pride myself on being professional, handling it the right way when you're supposed to, when you lead a program like this.
Speaker 3: At that moment, I did and then for that, I'm sorry.
Speaker 11: Today we're going to hear from the Bengals Director of player Personnel on the conclusion of another disappointing season. For the third year in a row, Bengals are not in the postseason. We'll have Duke Tobyin's news conference covered teacher. The Reds TV deal in jeopardy once again. The Athletics reporting the Reds and eight other Major League Baseball teams have canceled their network contract with Fanduelphore. It says even though the contract has been canceled, there's still the possibility the network and the teams could work out a new agreement. Commissioner of Baseball's also telling the Athletic that the league is in position to take over those broadcasts to maximize revenues if needed. Reports have said that one of the reasons the Reds have not been active in the free agent market is because broadcast revenue next season could be reduced significantly. Our next updated nine thirty. I'm Brian Combs News Radio seven a WLW.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming. Get Ready to Get Lucky