Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on this Thursday, August the thirteenth, as you're Los Angeles. Dodgers sit all alone atop the NL West at seventy three and forty eight. Dodgers an eight and a half game lead over San Diego in the Division, nine and a half games up on third place Arizona after.
Speaker 4: A three game sweep of the Royals.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers homestead continues tonight with the start of a huge game series against the team with the best record in baseball, the Milwaukee Brewers. Rokie Sisaki on the mount in this series opener. First pitch from Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium is coming up in seven to ten.
Speaker 4: Between then and now, we.
Speaker 6: Got a lot to get to here on Marago Casino Dodgers on Deck. Our Dodger insider David Vasse will join us throughout the hour. In about twenty minutes, we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll preview this pitching matchup. We got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports int LA. In just a little bit, we got your ow Tani rewind and of course, in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Galloping four broadcast booth with Charlie Steiner and Rick monday Well. Last night, Dodgers used Lower and the long ball to finish off the Royals. Eric Lower got the start the left tander, looking to rebound after his last outing in Chicago. Lower, with a two out walk in the second led to a stolen base and then just like that, an RBI single from Josh Rojas and the Dodgers were in a hole, trailing Kansas City one to nothing.
Speaker 4: However, in the bottom of.
Speaker 6: The second, mookie bet he's been on a heater lately, continued.
Speaker 2: Then he swings and Hammers. It d Plett failed way backing down Mooky Bets.
Speaker 4: With a home run.
Speaker 7: Oh, Mooky home.
Speaker 2: Run number fifteen times the game. Oh, that one was hit out in Big Boy territory.
Speaker 7: Well for Betts.
Speaker 8: He came in tonight the last seven games hitting at three forty six.
Speaker 6: So a home run for Mookie Bets his fifteenth of this season. Mookie with a home run now and back to back games. It's got eleven hits in his last seven games. Dodgers and Royals tied at one in the third, though the Royals took advantage of a Mooky throwing their Salador Perez. An RBI single later gave the Royals a two to one lead. However, the Dodgers answered back in the bottom of the inning, Miguel Rojas a one out double, Then show Hey Otani came up crushed a two run home run, his twenty seventh of the season, and the Dodgers flipped the scoreboard to take a three to two lead. In the fifth, the Dodgers tacked on another, this time Hunter for Dousha.
Speaker 2: And Padusha Klobbers won deep right center. This ball headed back in his gone.
Speaker 9: Hunter Forducia his third home run of the big leagues this year is first with the Dodgers, and the Dodgers now lead it four to two as he jumped all over that Mason Black pitch and hit it over the home run seats.
Speaker 4: And right center.
Speaker 6: How about that solo home run for Hunter Fordusha, his third of the season, first as a Dodger. That's the top tier play of the game, brought to you by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less Dodgers a four to two lead, Eric Lauer. He settled in and after giving up the early two runs, he'd pitch into the seventh before turning it over to Land and Nack lower six and the third two runs four hit six strikeouts Land and that came in and put up zero's the rest of the way. A scary seed in the eighth Innua when Freddie Freeman fell into the Royals dugout while running down a pop flock.
Speaker 4: He would get up.
Speaker 6: He'd be okay finish the inning, but then come out of the game for precautionary reasons. Dodgers hold on for the win last night for to two. Eric Louer gets the victory. Dodgers finish off the three game sweep of Kansas City. With the win, now seventy three and forty eight, they currently have an eight and a half game lead in the NL West, and tonight the start of a big four game series against the Milwaukee Brewers. Roki Sasaki gets to start in the series opener, first pitch at seven to ten, and with more we head out to the galloping four broadcast booth as we say hello to Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, all right.
Speaker 10: Tim, it's game one and twenty two. Forty one games remain in forty five days, the Dodgers one game behind Milwaukee for the best record in the National League. The Dodgers and the Braves are tied one behind Milwaukee. This, of course, the beginning of a four game series. Dodgers come into this series having swept the Royals.
Speaker 2: The Brewers were.
Speaker 10: Swept down in San Diego. Dodgers coming into this series vote playing a little bit better than Milwaukee, which has struggled.
Speaker 8: Off a little bit better granted, but still some loose ends that need to be tied up, including yesterday there's miss fire as far as a cutoff in relay, no one backing up the base. They get a runner thrown out trying to advance the ABS system and the challenge, so little things that Dave Roberts has talked about and he goes, hey, maybe I need to talk to a little bit better to some individuals. The biggest thing that comes out of I think today is that Freddie Freeman contacted Dave Roberts. And after that terrifying fault in the visiting dugout going after a pop up foul bowl last night, the good news is Freeman is okay. He's going to be in the lineup. And I saw his postgame interview last night. He was trying to make light factor of the entire thing, but he said when he left the ballpark last night he was in pain and understandably.
Speaker 10: So, and certainly watching him just walking around the ballpark today, he was walking gingerly.
Speaker 7: But he's a gamer.
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely, and that sends a big message, I think to the rest of the ball club. So a little bit different. As far as the lineup tonight, Mookie Benz it was a planned night that he was not going to start tonight. He's played in thirteen consecutive games. Dave Roberts wanted to give him a breather, at least at the get go, he's available to come in during the game itselfs So Tommy Edmund will ban in the three spot, Freeman moves down to the number four spot, and it's going to be at short stop Miguel Rojas.
Speaker 10: Tonight and tonight's starters Roki Sasaki, who has been terrific in his last four starts going against left tager Shane Drowing.
Speaker 8: Well, I think if you're looking at this ball club too, for Susak, the fastball has been hit previous to that stretch you're talking about where has been very effective, but the fastball has been hit at a rather high batting average against because of poor location. Location has gotten better and better. And if we look at the Brewers then come in Challenge and the Pat Murphy, their manager was talking about it. Not only were they swept down in San Diego, they scored just a total of seven runs that game yesterday went innings. They did not score a lot of runs, and runners in scorner position just three for twenty eight in that series.
Speaker 10: Sasaki since the All Star breaks three and zero and a one eighty eight er. Of course, it was a long slog for him to get to that point. But since then he has found himself.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, I think the other part too, is he trusts his stuff. He's just attacking the strike zone instead of trying to peck a little strike here, a little strike there. He has really kind of blossomed and hopefully it goes into full blossom here again tonight.
Speaker 10: First of four in the uh Bridies for the top record in the National League. At the moment, the Brewers lead the Dodgers by one game, but things can turn around this weekend. Now, we'll have the lineups the first pitch in greater detail later on in the hour too.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you, Charlie has been cuying down the first pitch on this Thursday night, Dodger fans, get that game d meal on at Shakey's Pizza Parlor. You can order that Shaky's Pizza Chicken of Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Marongo Casino Dot Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts, David vas Saint checks in throughout the hour where you break down this pitching matchup your magical moment and injury reports, but up next to your otani rewind and we'll visit with Sports and at LA's Kirsten Watson. That's all coming up as we lead up to Dodgers and Brewers first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Brewers on this Thursday night. Rokie Sasaki on the mount. First pitch from Unico Field at Dodger Stadium, coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the otanis rewind otni O for his last six.
Speaker 2: He swings HiT's a high drive left pailed right backing done. Good bye Ye.
Speaker 9: Show Hey o'd Tony with an opposite field blast and the Dodgers lead at three to two. Twenty seventh home run for show, Hey Old Tony, and he is the show that never ends. Stretching the one O O Tony. Let's sit und the light center. That's down for a bay six. Rohas touches second. He's on his later third, big turnaround first for Old Tony. He'll go back and the Dodgers with one out have runners at the corners.
Speaker 6: Show Hey Otani two for four last night with a home run. He's twenty seventh to the season, couple of RBI's run scored as the Dodgers finished off the sweep of the Kansas City Royals with a four to two win.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey Kirson now joins is brought to by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car, donate it to day. Your car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donat now with Carsfourkids dot Org. That's Cars with a Okay, big news, Kirsten.
Speaker 4: Is Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 6: Back in the lineup tonight after that scare last night in the eighth inning?
Speaker 11: Yeah, no, really and truly is scary. You never want to see a player one fall down, go over a railing of any sorts, but to see him fall down the stairs like he did last night and the visitors dugout. When Freddie spoke to the media afterwards, the most important thing is he's okay. Like the fact that he's in the lineup today. We'll talk about that in a second. But when he spoke to the media last night, he had shared what happened and he thought that he was closer to the railing, so he really he went to lean in, to lean into the railing to get put some pressure to then catch the ball. Ultimately we know what happened. There was no railing there, so he fell down the stairs and the stairs in the dugout. It's a set and then a landing and then another set that takes you into the clubhouse. And he was saying, honestly, it was a blessing that that landing was there. It obviously hurt kind of bracing himself and he felt like just his wrists, his shoulder and his side was a little bit bruised up. Still is, of course, but the fact that he had fallen more towards that landing and his head didn't hid anything, that was the biggest thing, because that obviously could that could have been very scary. So the fact that he was able to not only talk about this fall last night, he shared that he had an experience in the past and he played with the braves and when he.
Speaker 1: Essentially fell over the side and landed in a chair.
Speaker 11: So maybe not his best quality, so it's not his first time falling down something. But the most important thing is it's not his ankle. He is okay, and he is back in there today. He texted Dave Roberts this morning saying that he was good to go. Dave has already committed to him that he's going to be down tomorrow, and so there was some thought that maybe he would flip them and give him today down and then back in there tomorrow. But because Freddie has the confidence and he's he's going to fight regardless, he wanted to be out there and so that is a very big sign because we know how valuable he is to this team and just that could have been so scary in itself. It was scary in itself.
Speaker 6: We should say no doubt about it, and they have him back in the line of his big big series begins tonight with Rookies's on the mount herest We appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game is still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper. You know this pitching matchup, We got your magical moment coming up. We'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts as he goes high and tight with David Vasse. But up next, an injury report, and we'll hear from Mookie Betts. He's been very hot, but not in the lineup tonight for Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and the Brewers. First pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Keats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All season long.
Speaker 6: Long, Maronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Thursday night as we lead jump to first pitch, Dodgers and the Milwaukee Brewers, Marongo Casino Resort and spat.
Speaker 4: It's a Grand Slam for good times.
Speaker 6: Rookie Sasaki on the mountain, the series opener, first pitch, set first seven ten kiss.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 6: Presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Dalton Rushing on the il with the elbow injury, told David Vastag just a couple of days ago he is hoping to get a return here at some point at the end of the regular season of what capacity.
Speaker 4: Still don't know.
Speaker 6: Blake trying through the hitters yesterday, He's on the sixty day il with the right elbow inflammation. Will Smith on the il with the necktle information he is doing baseball activities. Tyler Glasnow has made two rehab starts. He's gonna go out again to tomorrow in Oklahoma City Triple A to make his third rehab start. If everything checks off well, sounds like he could be returning very soon. Bobby Miller, Ben Casparius, Gavinstone, also all in Oklahoma City, tried to salvage their injury riddled twenty twenty six seasons. All right, last night, Mookie BET's a big night. He had a home run. He's home to down back to back games. He's got eleven hits in his last seven games. And afterwards, caught up with Keirson Watson.
Speaker 11: Moogie is clear you've gotten back on tracking, got backs in back games with the home runs. When you look about it, look at just the power of the results.
Speaker 4: How good does it feel? Just be you right now with the plate.
Speaker 12: It feels great, you know, like I felt normal in a long time, And there's been glimpses in there, but no consistency. So this is probably the most consistent as far as days in a row that I've been in a long time, so hopefully keep it going. The boys are back winning and our win aways, and.
Speaker 1: It's fun building that consistency.
Speaker 11: It does come with confidence to feel like things for you just are kind of growing in the right direction.
Speaker 1: I feel like it.
Speaker 12: I mean, I get a couple of balls to fall, so you know, you start with start with that and build some momentum and then you just keep layering it on every day, and you know, the guys keep supporting me and keep putting positivity in my mind. So I think I'm thankful for the boys and uh seeing something fall with this.
Speaker 11: When you guys have now completed the sweep, when you look at how you all come together in the series to get back on track, what does it say just about this group and how you guys were battling and fighting to get back to your true selves.
Speaker 12: I mean, first I would say, we're human beings, So you know, I wish we were machines that played great every game, but it's not.
Speaker 1: We're not.
Speaker 12: That's not really real, But it just show's resilience. You know, we believe in each other and we know we're gonna go through our tough times, but we stick together and know that there's.
Speaker 4: Better days may be fret let you go.
Speaker 11: I have to ask you about Eric Lower to see him throw one hundred and twelve pitches to get into the seventh inning. What is it like when you're watching a guy with the pitch coown gets up early, but then he kind of locks in. He's able to get deep and give you, guys what you need it tonight.
Speaker 12: He's been amazing, man. He's every since he's put on a Dodger of uniform, he has been amazing, you know, taking the taking the field behind him is just fun to watch. And him going out right there, especially when we need him. The pin has been kind of beat up a little bit. Going out and throwing one hundred and twelve pitches in the time that we really need him is huge and shows the character and the person he is.
Speaker 4: And I'm glad he's in our team.
Speaker 1: All right, No, con congrats on this win, I guess it.
Speaker 4: Welcome back is already, yeah, thank you. All right, there's Mookie Betts.
Speaker 6: After his big performance last night, Mookie started to heat up here in the middle of August. As the Dodgers have now won three in a row. We continue here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with David Basse as we lead up to first Bitch Dodgers and Brewers from Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium. I'm Tim Kates's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunter on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Brewers on this Thursday night. Rookie Sisaki on the mound in the series opener. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Al Poto, born in La and made for your game day. L Potto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your plate every single time.
Speaker 4: El pozto Gourmet and Akin.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 4: All right, David.
Speaker 6: Freddie Freeman back in the lineup tonight. After that fall into the dugout in the Royals dugout along the first base line last night, Freddie Freeman, what a man to come back tonight?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Dave Roberts is going to join us.
Speaker 5: Coming up later in the show, he'll explain how this all came about, that Freddie Freeman is in the starting lineup. Freddy sent Dave Roberts a text and said, I'm good to go.
Speaker 7: So I saw.
Speaker 5: Freddy Freeman out here going through his normal pregame drills while Brock Stewart was pitching his live BP And I wouldn't say Freddy was moving like a cat out there, but he was out there and obviously good enough to go. Freddie Freeman, if he can walk, he's going to be in the starting lineup, and he is tonight playing first base.
Speaker 6: Dave looking at the lineup, No Mookie Betts, it's Miguel Rojas at shortstop.
Speaker 4: Is this a planned day off?
Speaker 5: Has to be It is a planned day off because Mooki's starting to swing the bat really well. So you have to imagine like tomorrow, Dave Roberts has said that Freddy was going to be coming off the bench, same with Mookie Bett tonight.
Speaker 7: It's a long season. The Dodgers are in the.
Speaker 5: Middle of thirteen in a row, so I'm sure these are the games that Dave Roberts plotted to give those guys a day off. So I know it's it's a head scratcher. When a guy's going good, like Mookie's going well, you don't want him to sit down. But big picture in mind, thirteen in a row. Tonight is the night that Mookie gets a day off.
Speaker 6: David has brought to you by Ford Summer sales of it. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year. Go to buy Ford now dot com. We're You're Southern California Ford Dealers for more information. Ford Official vehicle of Major League Baseball. You talked about it a couple of days ago, David, Tommy Edmond, how much you enjoy watching him play every single day? He can play multiple positions, you can beat anywhere in this lineup, and tonight Dave Roberts has got him playing second and batting third.
Speaker 5: Yeah, against the lefty tonight drowing. That's kind of where Tommy Edmond's been hitting in the lineup, third, fourth against lefties because hitting from the right side since he came to the Dodger, that's the side of the plate.
Speaker 7: Where he has the most power.
Speaker 5: So the right handed hitting Tommy Edmond is a power threat, and he obviously wanted to get him in there. Wanted to find a way to get Rojas in there because he's hitting over three hundred this season against lefties, and Rojas has had a long day by the way, he was out there at Hollywood Boulevard for Oral Herscheiser's ceremony for the Star on the Walk of Fame. So Rojas hopefully got some rest between then and game time tonight. But he's going to be in there against lefties, and the Dodgers are seeing three lefties in this series, tim so don't be surprised to see Tommy Edmund hitting third or fourth in the next two games after tonight as well.
Speaker 4: Dave real Quick. Roki Sasaki gets the start tonight.
Speaker 6: Ever since he made the change to the big glove, is it coincidence that he's really started to put together some good starts.
Speaker 7: Well, it's a combination of things.
Speaker 5: Number One, the glove helps prevent tipping because that was in the back of his mind, so that that insecurity is out of the way. And also Connor McGinnis, the Dodgers pitching guru, pitching coach who is one of the best in all of baseball. Everybody knows it. He's the best kept secret on the Dodgers coaching staff. He has finally gotten Roki Sasaki to change his fastball grip, which has helped give him consistent fastball velocity and better fastball command. So all of those things put together, Roki is trending in the right direction at the right time of the year, no.
Speaker 4: Doubt about it. David, great stuff.
Speaker 6: Looking forward to your conversation coming up with the manager, Dave Roberts. That's coming up in about twenty five minutes. Dodger fans. As we continue here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next your Dodgers magical moment. Don't you go anywhere?
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Brewers, first pitch of seven ten.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Keats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season log.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Brewer as squaring off on this Thursday night, first of four from Uniclo Field, a Dodgers Stadium. Rookie Sasaki and Shane drow in the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 7: Without a hot dog who wants a hot co.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Pitch Magical presented by Hawfy Hot Times.
Speaker 4: Well, the Dodgers taken on the Brewers. We don't have to go back very far.
Speaker 6: How about the NLCS last fall Game four to be exact, Dodgers and Brewers. Dodgers at three to zero series lead with show Hay on the mound and a game for the.
Speaker 3: Ages full count and now Kintana's payoff pitch. Old Tony tays.
Speaker 4: Off deep brightfield. So hey, old Tony one.
Speaker 2: Off one.
Speaker 3: On a one to two terrain, strikes out, swinging, shits him down with the splitter. Back to that case to open the sixth and four in a row. He's up to ten, so Oltani has to take time. He steps back in one ball in two strikes. The big Righty McGill sets on the mount. Here's the pitch, and Otani drives one left center field.
Speaker 13: Dig you done, show hey old Tani, the stuff of legend.
Speaker 4: Show Hey Otani.
Speaker 6: Six innings pitching, ten strikeouts, Show hey Hotani the hitter three home runs as the Dodgers beat the Brewers in Game four of the NLCS five to one to sweep and move on to the World Series. The game for show Hey Otani considered one of the greatest postseason performances in baseball history. This Hofey magical moment brought to my Hopey hot Dog toffee, so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey hot Dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, we will check you out with Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: We lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Brewers.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Katsi's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Brewers squaring off two best teams in Baseball, Brewers best record overall, Rookie Sasaki Shane Drone.
Speaker 4: The pitching matchup Dodgers have won three in a row.
Speaker 6: Trying to ride that momentum into tonight first pitch coming up at seven to ten time. Now for the Verizon startup. As we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low prize for three years so you can save big visit your so Calverizon store today and now.
Speaker 1: Joined by David Bassey. Here's La Dodgers and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: All right, Rick, you guys have touched on it.
Speaker 5: Freddie Freeman incredibly is in the starting lineup tonight.
Speaker 8: That was scary last night. What we saw is for those that missed it, Freddy Freeman on a pop up found territory in front of the first base dugout, went over thought that he had a railing to hold on to his left hand as he reached up to try and catch the baseball. There was no railing because that was the inference in the exit to the dugout, and he fell about eight feet straight down. It's eight steps going down and just missed another row of steps below that. I was obviously overwhelmed happy that he was able to get up. I don't understand how he was not injured at all. I know he was banged up. He was sore last night, and Dave Roberts said that he really enjoyed the fact that Freddy got in touch with him this morning and said he's okay to go.
Speaker 5: That's not shocking, but sometimes you have to protect players like Freddie from himself. But obviously he wants to be in there as much as off.
Speaker 7: Well, can you.
Speaker 8: Know the Dodgers are in a streak that Freddy was scheduled to be off tomorrow night. Mookie Betts, by the way, is at least getting a breather at the outset of tonight's Bowl game. He's fine available during the ballgame, but again, he played thirteen in a row. Speaking of games in a row. For the Brewers, this is a long stretch because they will complete now seventeen consecutive days with games once they leave and close out for this series on Sunday. They're not playing particularly good baseball the Dodgers. Yes, they won the three games against Kansas City, but in the bigger picture, they're also not playing really up to snuff, if you will, not to the capabilities, to the talent that this ball club has.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you brought that up, because I remember Don Mattingly used.
Speaker 7: To say this all the time. It's not a team's record.
Speaker 5: It's when you catch them exactly. And are the Dodgers catching the Brewers at the right.
Speaker 8: Time, and you're start to look also, I mean, the Dodgers are fortunate they were able to take that three game series a lot of different ways. But if we look just to throw some numbers at you, For example, in that series, the Dodgers did okay with runners in scoring position. But the last nine games that they have played, you know, they've allowed one hundred and nine opportunities to the opposing teams with runners in scoring position. How many of the opportunities have the Dodgers had that standpoint seventy nine. So there's a disparity right there. And it's remarkable that they've been able to play good enough to beat the Kansas City rules. Yes, they're at the bottom of the American League Central Division as far as the standings, but has been reliable upon the pitching more than the offense. They've been breakdowns defensively on top of it. And the other part too, is when will the Dodgers, as a team quote unquote team and Dave Roberson's alluding to this a couple of days in a row now understand how to use and when to use the ABS system challenges on pitches that are made to their advantage and not use them as a disadvantage.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they used to be very good at it early in the year.
Speaker 5: But I believe it goes back to what Dave Roberts and Miguel Rojas have talked about, getting refocused for the sprint of the end of the regular season. Have that focus throughout the whole nine innings.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and understand it's the big picture. And trust me, I understand to stand from the standpoint of players, they're so competitive and they want to go ahead and excel at what they're doing. There's a great deal of pride or home platements if you think of pitches not it's called it's difficult to kind of pull the reins back and say, well, I'm not going to challenge early in the game. But it comes down to also, we've got a couple of guys. Do they really know the strengthsone.
Speaker 7: And those guys should be a little more careful.
Speaker 8: Might be a good advice.
Speaker 7: Okay, really talk to them. Okay, I will. I'll try to get the message.
Speaker 8: Dave stock to them.
Speaker 4: See if you can't.
Speaker 7: Okay, we'll see if that works. Okay, word out.
Speaker 5: I doubt Maybe you'll tap your head when you want out of this segment.
Speaker 8: I jat my head will we started this segment with you.
Speaker 7: All right, Hey, Tim, I think that's our cute. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: All right, Thank you, DV, thank you.
Speaker 7: Mote.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball presented by uniclow Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com, slash us still to come here on Wrongo be Causino Dodgers on deck Before first pitch, we'll get you a preview this pitching matchup. Charlie and ricklof the Keys to the Game. But up next we go high and tight Dodgers Brewers first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kates' is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Brewers squaring off two best teams in the National League. Going at at Roki Sasaki Shane Drown. The pitching matchup will dive deeper into the numbers coming up in just a couple of minutes. Ricking all you will get to the Keys to the game as well. First pitch coming up at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 1: David and now what will likely be vess a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight. It's the Dodgers and Brewers.
Speaker 5: Everybody's excited about this, the two best teams in baseball. And it's time for our managers Meeting, presented by Downey Hunday. We're in the office of Dave Roberts. It's always strange when I walk in. He has a smile that just goes away really quick. So I'm not sure whether or not he's happy to see me or not. But we're back here again, Dave.
Speaker 14: Yeah, here we are again, Dave. And I think you have that effect on people, man. But no, in all seriousness, I've had a great day. Got a chance earlier today to celebrate oral Hollywood Walker fame. He got his star and obviously with what he did with the Dodgers and then now as a broadcaster, so it was great to celebrate him.
Speaker 5: What was it like again for you to be out there this morning on Hollywood and Highland celebrating one of the Dodger icons. But you being the great ambassador for this team.
Speaker 14: Well it's quite the honor. And there was a great turnout, and there were guys from the eighty eight team. Miggy Rowe was there from a current team, and obviously front office Stan Castle was there and just family friends. Bob Costas was a master's ceremonies. Joe Davis spoke, Clayton spoke, I spoke, Jimi Hardridin spoke, and it was great. And I think, is what you said, it's Dodger lore. It's a legacy, you know what we're a part of every day. It runs deep. And the late great Tom of the Sword, I think was looking down with a smile.
Speaker 5: You always try to tell me to temper the excitement over a series like this, but as we get closer to the end of the year, there's still a fight for the top three seeds in the National League.
Speaker 7: So going up against.
Speaker 5: The Brewers four game series, Am I making too much out of the importance or excitement of this series?
Speaker 14: I think yes, But and I say that with all due respect in the sense of yes, it's gonna be a fun series. It's gonna be a great series, but it's not the end all be all either way. Whatever result happens, as we've learned throughout the regular season, doesn't really have a correlation excuse me, to the postseason. But yeah, from a media, fan, player perspective, coaching perspective, this can be a fun series.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 5: I got to ask you, since we always have this blank canvas every week, we have time to dive into some topics that are out there. And the manager's meeting is presented by down Ey Hyundai. There's been a lot of talk about the ABS and I feel like it's been misrepresented. You guys do have a plan. You've explained it, Aaron Bates have explained your strategy. But when it comes to a player like Andy Paez who seems to get a little emotional in those moments, how do you rain him in? Is there a conversation that says, you know what, Andy, maybe you're not going to be allowed to challenge.
Speaker 14: I think that's fair and we all see it, and it is an emotional decision by Andy in that moment. In and at bat we've talked, you know, at length to all of our players about the leverage and when you should do it when you don't. You know, every at bat is important, but there's still a risk and a cost for a challenge. And so I think that right now we're going to kind of put the challenges from him on the back burner and do the work in the sense of after games go through, what he thought could have been a strike could have been a ball was closed, and so he can kind of recalibrate on the strike zone. But and he's had a great year offensively, defensively, and he's a young player who's still getting better each time out. But this is a learning curve for him that we as the coaches got to do a better job and kind of educating him more.
Speaker 5: How pivotal is the ABS going to be in October.
Speaker 14: It's going to be very pivotal, and you got to really lock it in because what you don't want is something like that and irresponsible emotional challenge or non challenge in a leverage spot to cost your game. And so I do think that it's great because it's made umpires better and kind of you know, no one wants to be embarrassed when you miss a ball by you know, a ball strike called by two and a half inches. You know, everyone sees it. That doesn't feel good for them, So I think in general it's made them better and ultimately, players, coaches, fans want to get the call right and then it kind of goes into the strategy on when you use those challenges. But you know, this gear is going to be different than any other year as far as the abs, So we just got to be really locked in on our process when we get to the postseason.
Speaker 5: One final question you talk about the tone. What's Freddie Freeman doing as far as the tone playing tonight after the way he went down those steps.
Speaker 14: Well, you know, he is a consummate professional. He loves to post. He's a guy that plays every day and I just love it. I love him because he understands that his job is to be out there every day for the Dodgers and earn his keep right with his contract. So, yeah, we dodged a big one yesterday. From my vanished point, you see him, then you don't. And so there's a lot of things while I was holding my breath and running across the field that went through my mind, and I think that we came out of it in the best possible scenario in the sense that he has some overall body soreness, but nothing further than that, so he'll be in there today. Gave me a text today and said he's ready to go, but he'll be down tomorrow. But yeah, you know a guy like that, he plays hurt all the time.
Speaker 5: So he text you before you could text him.
Speaker 14: That's right. Yeah, well, a truth be told. I did say, hey, man, when you wake up and you make sure you're in one piece, let me know if you can go or not.
Speaker 7: All right, Dave, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 5: I always enjoy spending this time with you every week, and it's great to dive into some of these things that fans need a little clarity on.
Speaker 14: Yeah. Absolutely, Dave. Always fun catching up with you, and I do love this chat, this conversation, so it kind of gives, you know, fans a little peek behind the curtain on some of my perspectives.
Speaker 5: Hey, the bling behind Dave Roberts is blinding when we do these interviews because he's been a winner ever since he was playing in center field, and he's carried that forward as the manager. Heading into summer without a medical emergency, hopefully you survive without an emergency kit. Be ready with an urgent care kit, say forty five dollars at checkout with code blue at Urgentcarekit dot com slash blue.
Speaker 7: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim, all right, thanks a lot DV.
Speaker 6: Leading up to first pitch Dodgers and Brewers up next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 6: This the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Brewers on this Thursday, ninth, First bitch im Uniclo Field, that Dodgers Stadium is coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the Dina, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: Brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We making easy. Shane Dronin on the mound of for Milwaukee six and four with a three eighty seven ERA twenty seven year old rookie left hander for a fifth round pick of the Red Sox back in twenty twenty out of Florida State, traded to the Brewers this past offseason. He's a fastball, sinker, slider, curveball pitcher. Making his fourteenth start twenty fourth appearance this season.
Speaker 4: Droan made a start at his major.
Speaker 6: League debut on April eighth, and ten relief appearances with a two to sixty three RRA. Since rejoining the rotation on June first, Dronan four to thirty nine ERA in twelve starts with sixty five strikeouts and twenty walks last time out five innings, six runs, nine hits, two home runs, four strikeouts, and four walks. This is his first time facing the Dodgers. Rookie Sasaki on the mound for the Dodgers five and five with a four to fifty four ERA. The twenty four year old right hander second season with the Blue making his twenty first start this year.
Speaker 4: It's been an up and down season for rookie.
Speaker 6: Last time out six innings, two runs, four hit, five strikeouts. This was in a no decision against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Since changing to that bigger glove that we've seen him use now since the All Star break, four starts, he's two to zero with an ERA just over three. He's a Lot only six runs, five earned in twenty four innings of work and twenty six strikeouts in those starts.
Speaker 4: A rookie, no stranger to face in Milwaukee.
Speaker 6: He faced him May twenty third in Milwaukee, five innings, three runs, four hits, four strikeouts and picking up the winner. With the Brewers, he faced them three times in the NLCS last October, coming in out of the bullpen, including a saving Game three. Then he pitched the final inning in the Game four clincher. That was the same game show Hey O Tani struck out ten and hit three home runs. Roki Sasaki, Shane Dronin Dodgers and Brewers. We are fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are coming up next. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Brewers starting a four game series. It's a big one. Both teams best in their divisions. The Dodgers seventy three and forty eight atop the nl West. They've got an eight and a half game lead over San Diego nine and a half games up on Arizona. Both the Padres and the Diamondbacks are idle. The Padres have won five in a row seven of their last ten. Dodgers feeling good having won three in a row themselves. They are taking on a Milwaukee Brewers team seventy four and forty seven, one game better than the Dodgers and the Braves for the best overall record in baseball. The Brewers limping though, having been swept in San Diego the last three days. They're playing five hundred baseball over their last ten games.
Speaker 4: We're getting ready for the start of the game.
Speaker 6: Brought to you by Sapporo. Great Moments start with Saporo Beer. Whatever your taste preference. Saporo has you cover with a variety of crispin refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer.
Speaker 4: Soaporo, Good Wiz Sushi, great with baseball?
Speaker 6: All right, one final time before first pitch, back out to the booth, Charlie Steiner, Rick Bunday, guys, All.
Speaker 10: Right, tim, The Dodgers and the Brews get ready for the first of a very important four game series. Roki Sasaki, who had been terrific in his last four outings three to zero in a one eighty eight er, goes against Shane Drawing, a big left hander, but he got knocked around in his last outing on the season. He's six and four in a three eighty seven er.
Speaker 8: Yeah, with Sasaki, I mean he's starting to look at the last five starts. He's given his ball club a chance to win. They've gone four wins in those five starts in an era under two and a half. On the flip side, you're talking about Drawing. The Dodgers saw him twice in May. Both of those were out of the bullpen. That's before he was inserted into the starting lineup, so the Dodgers had a taste. He saw a total of four and a third innings in those two games, but allows just to earned runs against the Dodgers in Milwaukee.
Speaker 10: The biggest series of the season to this point, and they're only going to get bigger now until the end of the year. But forty one games remained in the regular season. Lineups and first pitch coming up.
Speaker 6: Tim all right, First pitch is next again. Dodgers one game back of Milwaukee for the best overall record in baseball, best record in the nation in the league. Brewers seventy four and forty seven, Dodgers seventy three and forty eight. Dodgers riding a three game winning streak, Brewers riding a three game losing streak. Roki Sasaki will take them out when we come back.
Speaker 4: Get ready, Dodger fans.
Speaker 6: It's a big one Dodgers and Brewers for the next four days series opener when we come back.
Speaker 4: This has been Marongo Casino.
Speaker 6: Dodgers on deck on your back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network