Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talker.
Speaker 2: It's Sunday, fun day at Dodgers Stadium, and last night was a fun day for the Dodgers as they put up twelve runs and the Dodger bullpenk came in to relieve Roki Sasaki and keep the cubs where they were, and Will Klein was a big part of that. Will, thanks a lot for the time appreciated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks for having me finally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, sorry, Will, there's a long line.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 2: You could tell I'm so. I'm so in demand, right, everybody wants to be part of the show.
Speaker 3: Everyone wants to be you, everyone wants to talk to you.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Well, how fun was last night that sixth inning? Bases loaded two outs in the sixth inning, really no margin for error, and you found a way to get the Dodgers out of that inning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it was great like that. It worked out how it was supposed to.
Speaker 1: Like Jack came in, you know, got his lefties, and I got ready to come in and get the writing and just to be able to come in like in that spot with you know, baseloaded two outs like like you said, no no margin for air.
Speaker 3: Just come in like attack them and you know, get a get a good result out of it.
Speaker 1: Like that was huge, like I know, and then going out and scoring four runs the next inning, I think that just kind of put it put the game to bed there. So it was cool to be able to shut it down.
Speaker 2: For you to come in with the bases loaded, end the inning without allowing a run, and then coming back out for the seventh. As a picture, do you feed off the momentum of what just took place?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, you know, everyone on the team can kind of feel, but especially like doing that and then we score four runs, you just kind of feel like they're, you know, they're kind of fading away a little bit, like you know, they back down a little bit when when that kind of stuff happens, And so just be able to go out and like you know, keep keep your foot on their neck and you know, keep it going and then put up another zero so our guys can go and score more, and then so Kyle and Jake can come out and put up more zeros.
Speaker 3: It's just it's kind of a wheel that just keeps rolling. Like when you when you get in motion. So it's fun, all right.
Speaker 2: So when you do all that and you still have that beard and that mustache, how are you able to uh to make the composure? What do you say, Blake Tryon's ovi here. He's put me up to some questions about your facial hair. Will kleinb if.
Speaker 3: The fans really want to hear about Will Klein?
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna be brief, but I think to the fans, we need to do a running poll, do a call in tally, Okay, whenever people actually want to talk to you, David, and the majority wins if they if they say he looks better with a mustache, or if they'd like to see a rally like no mo rat lift, not just a mustache, it's mustache with the beard or beard no mustache.
Speaker 3: I'm getting there.
Speaker 4: We have to shave the mustache full amish wow, because listen, Louis Garcia phenomenal beard.
Speaker 1: It's a different look, but it's but his was, you know, better, like maintained, like well kept mind both massive.
Speaker 4: Individuals that throw gas and no one's gonna question a bare lip. Okay, it's a little bit more respect. They're gonna be up there like, oh my gosh, there's no hair there. You're in a good spot. You already throw a hundred Okay, fan pull, let me know how it goes.
Speaker 2: All right, Blake disagree? I mean all I see is an Amish beard.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'm sorry to your wife for putting you on the spot. I'll get you, guys some flowers to cut.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know if she'd be too enthralled by no mustache.
Speaker 2: But how long has it taken for you to grow the beard? I'm thank you to Blake trying and for adding to today's interview.
Speaker 3: Out of here.
Speaker 1: Uh. I mean so when I was coming up with the Royals, we had a rule where you can only have a mustache, and I think that got I mean got removed in like twenty two or so. But for a while there is just like same thing in college, I never heard a beard, so it was all mustache and so kind of the second the rule got, you know, uh, just nicked like I was immediately like grew the beard and it's like stayed there.
Speaker 3: I've trimmed it like after the World Series.
Speaker 1: Last year, like I cut it like a little bit shorter and stuff and let it grow. But you know, during the season, I kind of just you know, let it go and see how long it can get.
Speaker 3: And I guess it's part of the look. Yeah, and that is you like be able to like, you know, stroke my beard out there menacingly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But yeah, it's all about intimidation and presence. Part of the look is is what gets you going?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, they don't know if I if I have like a bird hiding there or something.
Speaker 2: But yeah, hey, Alex VESSI has taken a cue from your beard tips.
Speaker 3: I mean he's got a good beard.
Speaker 1: The fact that he was just like willingly not having that thing like and then just out of like he's got the full beer. I'm like, it's a great beard, so he might be up there. It's got a little ginger in it too, though, so he's coming around. But yeah, he's got a good beer. We've got some good beards on the team. Lou had a good beard last year too. The no mustache is just ah, I can't get around that.
Speaker 2: But well, we'll get some feedback on this. You could tweet me at the Real Underscore DV when it comes to Will Klein's facial grooming. Hey, with all that being said, that's just an example of the fun you guys have in the bullpen. You're one of the newer guys in that bullpen. What is the teasing like amongst you guys that are newly arrived.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just stuff like that.
Speaker 1: The other guys that have been around like have you know, jokes they do, and it's it's all in like fun, like we all just have fun together. There's no like, no one ever gets but hurt about anything, like we all know. It's it's in.
Speaker 3: Good fun, you know, like stuff like that.
Speaker 1: You know, I wouldn't ever shave my mustache, but if trying to, you know, gets the fans to want me to shave my mustache, you know, sure, But it's like it's like, you know, just stuff like that. And Tanner has always got a bundle of energy out there, so he's a real hoot.
Speaker 3: And you know, I mean Vestia too, like you see.
Speaker 1: Him on the mound like same thing, like and everyone like all the new guys, uh like Jake coming up like he's been great. I mean Kyle too, like he just I mean, he's a pretty funny guy. So it's I mean, there's a lot of a lot of jokes and and and fun had.
Speaker 2: Out there will thanks a lot for the time. This interview went a different direction than I expected, but we'll do it again and we'll get more into just how much of a hero you've been for the Dodgers out of the bullpen, not only in last year's World Series. But obviously you're doing something right because you're keeping it going.
Speaker 3: So thanks a lot for the time, Thanks for having me