Speaker 1: That's nice fight a gonogay. Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: It is the twenty second day of July twenty twenty six. Good morning, everybody, and welcome to the Power Trip Morning Show. Here we are on a Wednesday morning, and I don't know if Parker's coming in today, and I don't think so Smith tell me he's gone somewhere yesterday. Anyway, we got the regular morons here today and lots of talk about so I say we just get her started and see what happens.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: Man, Throw the dice against the wall and see if the lucky number seven comes up. Do you want seven? I can't remember, but I do know I want some comedy. Here's from Kathleen Madigan. Come on in. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 4: I waste endless amounts of time, endless hours watching TV TV that I can't believe I'm watching while I'm watching it, but I can't turn it off. This is the best example of the last six months. About three months ago, I watched Martha Stewart build a hammock for a cat. Swear to god, I don't even have a cat. I was just so astonished he being could reach this point in their life where you're you are literally this out of things to do, and there's enough free room in your brain.
Speaker 1: Thought to get in. While looking at the cat, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think he's comfortable enough.
Speaker 4: I see him in a hammock with a Martini. I think Martha Stewart is evil. I can't prove that her little projects. She's like, well, this should only take thirty minutes for you. You had ten guys shopping for this for four days.
Speaker 5: You go to home depot and try to find cat, hammock carpet your side.
Speaker 6: You here dist and sunned the power to show Wednesday, July twenty second of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: I'm Pory.
Speaker 6: That's Chris, That's Paul, There's Max, there's Zach Hi.
Speaker 2: Guys, Hey, what's happening everybody?
Speaker 6: Chris, you just said something about throwing dice against the wall. So I've spent the last forty five seconds thinking about the greatest games that involved dice.
Speaker 1: Yazi I think I think Yachtzi's the goat.
Speaker 6: I know people would say craps because that's.
Speaker 1: Let's say it makes some money.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Monopoly obviously has dice risk.
Speaker 1: Of Catan.
Speaker 6: There's there's nerds, screaming dungeons and dragons at the Power Trip morning show going.
Speaker 1: It's clearly D and D. Yeah, no one cares, Okay, I'm with Max, though.
Speaker 6: I think it's YACHTSI because it's I think it's about the dice, right, it's it's the whole game is the dice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's Yatzi.
Speaker 3: Oh and there's that dice.
Speaker 6: I know so many people that are into craps, Paul.
Speaker 3: No, not like that.
Speaker 6: I know not the wait I go Yazi for the goat of the dice game Empire Yatzi thoughts.
Speaker 1: I think you're correct. I think it's I think it's Yatzi. I don't know why I don't see you as a YACHTI guy.
Speaker 6: I think I've played it a few times, maybe because there's a little bit of math involved in that. Probably gods you not.
Speaker 7: But isn't YACHTI one of those games where like you could have somebody else do the mas, Like if you and I played, I would.
Speaker 1: I would have the score card in front of me. Yes, yeah, all right, Yeah, I think it's Yatzi. You don't play craps. I know I've never played.
Speaker 7: I've like watched Noro Dobb increase to it, but I've never I've never played it, have you hugs?
Speaker 2: Not in the classic sense.
Speaker 6: He's hockey, Yeah, us to play crowd the classics, that is the classics.
Speaker 1: Well, don't forget. You could even be on the love boat.
Speaker 6: You could have prostitutes and strippers flowing in from other states, and Dante's in the corner shooting dice. We were a card game right at the Trump game. That's how Morris play political stuff. I didn't know the president. I think so though. I think it's a I think it's a Trump game with with cards.
Speaker 1: I never asked him how to play.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: He's always talking about Ray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for a while, it was a huge thing on the game.
Speaker 8: It was I thought he was talking about one of his old childhood friends again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, trying to scare his friend down the streep.
Speaker 7: Hey, Ray, He's didn't start telling the story about how there were a couple of players that would play.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was game game got real bad, man, real real bad.
Speaker 9: That's the long time ago man, long time ago game checks. And it wasn't cheap game checks. Whoa game you get paid for them outside of poker?
Speaker 6: If you if you guys wanted to gamble a significant amount of money on a game, not sports betting, not poker. We're gambling on something. What would it be like showings.
Speaker 1: At nine o'clock.
Speaker 6: We're putting a significant part of our our salar.
Speaker 1: Random line.
Speaker 2: What's the game rock paper scissors.
Speaker 7: That you that is instant?
Speaker 6: That is the gambler's thesis statement. I think, I go Hearts, I go cribbage.
Speaker 1: Cribbage, Yeah, cribbage is a good.
Speaker 2: Hearts is fun. I haven't playing in that long time.
Speaker 1: Hearts is great. Hearts is fun. You ever play spades core? No, what's the difference.
Speaker 8: It's almost basically the exact opposite of Hearts, essentially.
Speaker 6: Exact opposite of Hearts. It's just the spade is the is the high, the high whatever you call it.
Speaker 3: Suit.
Speaker 8: Essentially, you have a partner, you guys have before you. You guys have to say how many like books is what it's called, how many hands are gonna win? And if you go under that then you're punished. And sometimes you can, but if you go over that, you don't really get anything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you have to like so when you're delta hand in Hearts, you can kind of see the path like if I take over the lead here, I can get these three four, So you have to kind of predict how many tricks you're going to take. Yeah, and also you can't really communicate with your partner.
Speaker 1: What you have. Is that how bridge works as well? Never played it same.
Speaker 6: I've never played bridge either, but I think bridge is something like that where you and your teammate have to have some kind of sixth sense about what you're trying to do, what the other person's trying to do. I think there's a bid involved. I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: A bridge game would be a great place for Hawk to pick up ladies.
Speaker 2: Ladies, Yes, I'm old dude man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, play Rock paper Scissors again?
Speaker 2: I got idea. How about a little Russian roulette?
Speaker 1: Who's that rock paper scissors?
Speaker 3: One? Two?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 3: Oh? I lost?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How about little let's not wear a condom? You guys don't play some games?
Speaker 3: We're talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys will play games.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We pushed it.
Speaker 8: Too far to do a horny Jigsaw.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we pushed it too far.
Speaker 2: Play the bunch of ages. I'm going in.
Speaker 1: He's Jigsaw for sure. The little dog. This is the unmasking where we at you do not wear a condom where we at with Jigsaw? Is that over?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: I think there was there was one, at least a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: It wasn't there like Saw ten. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I think they're they're gonna try to restart it. But there was one with the same O g old Man.
Speaker 2: They're releasing an under new name scene.
Speaker 1: You get that joke. He didn't react.
Speaker 3: You get that. No, you didn't get it.
Speaker 2: I think interesting, you know the other day when I got it, I got it, got it when I'm when I made a I make a picture of the average cafe and listener para trible listener, I think they have He's got a bobblehead of Pa and white face. Look at that?
Speaker 3: Does that?
Speaker 2: And that look like Pa and white face down there like a mia. The hell is going on? What is AI doing here? I guess it's better than being a black face, but still.
Speaker 8: It looks like doing Dave Chappelle does the white face right, it does.
Speaker 2: Man, Some weird things are happening on AI. The other day I had it make a friend and his wife a picture of of them, you know, take an actual picture of them and make it as a pencil sketch. And I said, can you change it so that they're holding hands to kind of go with this idea that I was working on, and it it made them hold hands, but it also left his other arm in the other place. So suddenly Matt had three arms, and I asked if it just to be cool, I wanted to find out. I said, do you see anything wrong with this picture? And it didn't answer the question.
Speaker 1: We had a ways to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or maybe that's the future of humanity, which is good because I got to use for that third arm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to be able to feel both movies and myself at the same time.
Speaker 8: You play Immortal Kombat, play with gorel Yeah, he this guy's got it great.
Speaker 7: He love a female Gol. You wouldn't definitely would you bang a female Gol.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means, but sure is that the guy with the masks got a sword es.
Speaker 6: Actually, what they're asking is, are you a horny octopus?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well I could be.
Speaker 6: I mean female girl that has to be a thing. I think there is one.
Speaker 2: You know what, every AI pornography that I see features a lady with all the parts. If you know what I mean, AI is convinced that the future of humanity has a penis and a giant.
Speaker 6: Tommy's like help is on the way.
Speaker 2: He's putting himself in crygenic sleep right now.
Speaker 3: Years He'll just ask.
Speaker 1: The group that if we have a flex capacity.
Speaker 2: All that needs my head? What just happened?
Speaker 1: Do the kids know the Mortal Kombat characters names?
Speaker 2: I gotta think they don't names. I don't know name it.
Speaker 1: Still comes out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, there's like there's always new ones a game, and it's.
Speaker 8: A huge thing in the like online fighting game community. Still so, but it's way more niche than it used to be. I would say, I don't even.
Speaker 6: Know how many I could name now because I don't know how many are still surviving from thirty five years ago, as all.
Speaker 1: Of them I think are still in the goal with it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, yea lu Kang raiding all those guys sub zero Sorpion. Sorpion who are the original it was raiding sub zero Scorpions.
Speaker 3: Lu Kang Katana. Yeah maybe he was there.
Speaker 1: You go again, getting political.
Speaker 2: I can't support him.
Speaker 3: Let me clerk.
Speaker 6: I'm going to rip your heart out of your trucks. That's not the worst impression.
Speaker 7: What did you say Kano Johnny cage Cano raiding lu Kang sub Zero Scorpion and Uhcho Man and Macho Man and Sonya and Bertha and Bertha.
Speaker 6: Right before every fight, Macho Man be like, I'm not a racist, and you're like, all right, we're all try trying to kill each other. At this point, it doesn't really matter if you're a racist. You're trying to rip my I'm not pa with a white face bottle.
Speaker 2: Man. Okay, So rock paper scissors to the death, you guys ready.
Speaker 7: And I'm just gonna tell you what he's gonna play before you before you shoot man.
Speaker 1: Since we are absolutely spinning.
Speaker 6: The wheel and just going around the world in this first segment, how freaking brilliant this just popped out.
Speaker 1: I hadn't thought of this in a long time.
Speaker 6: How freaking great was the rock paper scissors scene in Patriot? Do you remember that scene where they play rock papers No, no, no, not the Patriot again for the fiftieth time, Not the Patriot. That's Mel Gibson in that awesome Amazon show Patriot.
Speaker 2: I remember the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a there's.
Speaker 6: About a there's a rock paper scissors battle where they both throw the same symbol for like three minutes. The point of it is is that they're both so good at understanding human psychology. They know what's next, and they just keep tying, and it's like, God, dang, is this fricking awesome?
Speaker 1: You're like, how can that be interesting? Watching the same.
Speaker 6: You know, like basically a tie for two or three straight minutes, You're like, God, dang, this show is smart.
Speaker 1: That was an awesome scene.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because they know the odds, they know they're just playing their percentages, all right. I know that guy's going to start with the scissors, so I have to go scissors. I have to go rock and they just keep tying. God, that show. That show is so underrated. Well it's not even underrated. It just nobody even knew it existed until Charge gave us the heads up, and then we all fell in love with it, like what two or three years after it was over.
Speaker 1: That I think so, yeah, I think we missed the wave because everybody missed the wave.
Speaker 6: That's a top ten to fifteen show of all time if you havesk me, it's somewhere in that category. And it was what two seasons, something like eighteen episodes, and it is a ten out of ten, ten out of ten. Yep, max O, No, never heard of it. No, I just was googling it. I've never even heard of it. You would love it. It is so freaking smart and the attention of detail is off the charts. And it's a super small investment. Right, we're talking two seasons. But they sometimes set up a joke in it for four episodes, just for a thirty second joke. You're like, they've been working on that joke for four episodes.
Speaker 1: Man, this show has thought of.
Speaker 2: Everything, you know, the exact opposite of that. Go on, we're again spinning the wheel.
Speaker 6: You finished talk almost.
Speaker 2: I did watch another episode of it last night, but and I still you know, yeah, but here's the problem, the only problem I think I have with the new season of Game of Thrones whatever it's called. It's called like, there was a scene in Sunday's episode, which I watched last night where a guy, so, you know, the guy who's burned, he's got his face all burned and he's with the guy who has it gone, and yeah, those clarists they're in the city trying and they say something like that, Okay, hire the ship and out of nowhere, the guy goes A guy goes what ship? And they look up and the guy goes, you son of a bit.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the problem with that show that I have you know what I'm gonna say. They're like, oh my god, it's you, and I know that's the moment I should be saying, holy crap, that dude's still alive. Look at him. I have no idea who they're talking about it.
Speaker 1: They've tried a couple of.
Speaker 6: Times this year, right, that's the second time they've done the whole like, oh, that character is dead, but we all know he's not dead, but then he miraculously reappears. You're like that nobody felt for that.
Speaker 2: It would matter to me more if I knew who you were, sir, Yes.
Speaker 1: That's one of the twins, right, the surviving twin?
Speaker 2: Because oh yes, so is he from the royal line?
Speaker 6: Isn't he the is he a lanister? Isn't he a lanister? That the other one's head's gone.
Speaker 2: It would be really helpful if they were name tags. My name is blank?
Speaker 6: What a great April Fools thing for HBO to say season four of House of the Dragon, everyone will wear name tags.
Speaker 2: That would be great, very helpful. It really was.
Speaker 8: I'm with you, Hawk, I don't know it. It's been so long since the last season. I don't remember who any of these people are.
Speaker 2: And that is the negative. And I think where you got to dumb things down. Yep, if you're writing to for weekly releases, if you're releasing the whole thing at once and I'm watching ten episodes in two days, I'm going to remember who that guy is, right, But if you're going week to week the week like they used to do on Happy Days, you got to dumb it down a bit for us.
Speaker 6: So do you think here's I thought this is where you were going to go. And your complaint is also I think a common one that that seems a little lazy. I think this feels a little bit lazy too. My only my biggest complaint about this season is it feels like they are rushing to connect the dots and there's no fun space in between to just let the show breathe. It's just like, how do we get this storyline to progress as fast as possible? Well, what if these two guys are just sitting around and all of a sudden they talk about a ship and the guys right there, because we need to get this thing going. Like I feel like they're trying to hit the fast forward on making sure that every dot is getting connected as quickly as possible. Was there is a finite source of information, right because they have they have to wrap this up into like another season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's like a million.
Speaker 8: And I don't feel emotionally invested in almost any character except for Vernia basically at this point, because all these other characters just are on the TV for five minutes at a time and it's like, I don't I don't even know who the hell you are.
Speaker 3: I'm still trying to figure that out.
Speaker 2: What about the guy who used to get it on with the queen who's in prison with her daughter now, but he's like generally identified himself last night as the best soldier on the planet. Suddenly he's just like, let's all kill ourselves.
Speaker 1: Christ and Cole.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like what and that dear old Fabian Frankel I think is his real name? That guy on Task?
Speaker 3: Holy? How right?
Speaker 1: How great was that guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's where I knew that guy from.
Speaker 1: So that's so sauce. You don't watch House of the Dragons.
Speaker 6: I do not, So I don't want to ruin task one of the one of the main guys in the Task Force, not Ruffalo, the other guy. You know, there's like the girls who but the guy in Task Yeah, yeah, it's not Ruffalo. He is a He is Christian Cole in the House of the Dragon. He's an awesome actor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's really good and I like that character. And suddenly he's just like life is no meaning. I say a really pretty speech. Now follow me to death, go go go.
Speaker 6: A lot of ways, he's meat sauce and he's like he's tired of walking and finding that there's no bridges're like, I am done.
Speaker 1: He wanted to take his ball and go home. Yeah, sometimes you have to enough with the walking.
Speaker 3: Don't care.
Speaker 6: Tired burning all of these bridges literally, not metaphorically.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, I don't worry about leaves in my gutter.
Speaker 7: At gutterhelmet men dot com, it's the absolute best when you want to spend the weekend doing fun stuff. If you don't have to worry about your gutters being full of leaves, you can do that.
Speaker 1: Gutter helmet Men. We started with shooting Dice.
Speaker 6: We ended with Kristen Cole critiques yeah, we got there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, that's the beauty of it.
Speaker 6: That's also probably foreshadowing that there's not a lot of sports to talk about between now at nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: It's right around the corner of our shows, is Daddy.
Speaker 6: There's just not a ton but we got other stuff to talk about. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the.
Speaker 3: Fan Trades people at North.
Speaker 2: Beautiful morning out there, and let me tell you, if you've got nothing going on Tomorrow night, Thursday, Tomorrow, Thursday, tomorrow night, please come on out, man. I'm doing an outdoor concert that Chris ockybans could be fun. And it's at Summerfield After Theater there in Saint Michael, not far from where you guys live over there, right by the movie theater, right off for ninety four and say, Michael, please come on out. Chris Hockey Band tomorrow night, Don Smith Mar's come out. We're gonna do some rocket club songs in the middle of the show. It's a raising money to feed, uh, that's who I need some help getting some food these days. So all kinds of big things going on.
Speaker 3: Stop on.
Speaker 2: By tomorrow night, it's gonna be perfect weather for a couple of more days. I don't know how you can top last night's evening. It's just the perfect weather outside last night. We super can't do that tomorrow night. Come on out, lady.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is peak Minnesota summers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this is where we all dream about. Is this little past right here? And yesterday? There's a little crisp in the air? Yeah, man, just a little, but it was there.
Speaker 2: And it's speaking of crisp in the air, crisp. There used to be a Wells Fargo in Rogers by me. Now there's a Dave's Hot Chicken and a Crisp and green o. Did you guys even know that there's I think it's called Dave's Hot.
Speaker 6: Chickens the street from Maynard's there on that corner exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know where you're talking a yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. First of all, when is the last time we lost a bank? It seems like every time I turned my head to the left, right, there's a new ba pop it up. Second of all, is Dave's not Chicken a thing?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 8: Yeah? It's becoming more and more of a thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is it spicy chicken or warm?
Speaker 1: It can be It can be spicy, but you can get it not spicy.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay? Yeah, and Crispin Green is Tom's place, right.
Speaker 6: Uh Crispin Green is Bernard's spice, yeah right, yeah, yeah, yeah, which is very good.
Speaker 2: It's salad stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, go red bowls is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, it's elite though, it's good.
Speaker 9: Good.
Speaker 6: Where are we at with the explosive diarrhea lettuce problem? Because as I not as a non lettuce eater, I've never had lettuce in my life. It's no thread to zero times. It's it's non it's a non thread to me. But where are we at here? Is that's still a significant issue?
Speaker 2: Had doctor othing neeron Doctor O I forget that doctor Osteria or he got an email from one of the two anyway, and he said he thinks we're on the other side of it. Okay, it's starting to slope down now.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Taco Bell like pulled all the Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was their fault, which is yeah, roll the dice. It's three in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you must be lonely y pull the lettuce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's in the morning. I'm not going to feel good tomorrow no matter what I eat.
Speaker 1: Get after it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, how long did they did it take for them to realize it was just the lettuce and not the taco Bell.
Speaker 2: Dear Satan out, I love taco Bell.
Speaker 1: Oh good, thanks Bell.
Speaker 2: You look like haven't eating you're thinking about a month.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: I know, a great thing for people to say. I love it when people come and go, are you okay? That's my favorite.
Speaker 3: Yeah you look tired? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man, are you sick? Are you okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Thanks?
Speaker 1: You just made my day saying I look sickly.
Speaker 2: Like You've been kind.
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 1: Yea, if you're nice to him, you big, let us guy, I mean yeah, I like lettuce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let us turn your mic off.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I used to really like the devils.
Speaker 3: Let us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you sure did. You don't do that no more.
Speaker 3: No, sir, really what happened? I don't know. I just don't do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know. Man, you're growing up, yeah, before being a daddy. You just you're mostly just off that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You like pipe it all?
Speaker 7: Yeah, still banging ye yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 1: Do it? I was right, wasn't I do say it? I'd become quite good at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm telling you these medicines. Yes, the loves work. Yeah, my ding dogs, bigger shack. I can see a six pack.
Speaker 10: No, it's gonna yeah, and am okay, you're okay, I'm okay.
Speaker 3: Thank you for asking.
Speaker 2: Oh god, and uh that was Christian Bale.
Speaker 3: When you've hit the button, I.
Speaker 2: Think where you're trying to say. What you're about to say is that you our lover's lover at this point. Yeah, I'm uh, you're good in the sack, aren't you. I am you just you're like, you do what you need to do. Let me know when you're done. Yeah, right, that's what you're talking about, right, sure, yeah, yeah yeah, are you like? Look what I got going on here?
Speaker 7: My uh my sexual confidence is a plunge.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, look at you. I can tell you walk around like I can hear the bees place. You can't play it on the air, but I can hear it when you buy me. How does it sound like, don't don't, don't don't? That's do you guys hear the beaches when he walks by? Do you hear that?
Speaker 8: I hear the sound of those loose hips. That's what I toy story.
Speaker 2: And if I listen in the distance. If I point my ear toward Plymouth, I hear somebody just go and I'm not sure if it's your her. I don't know. It's a very very female sound, but it might be coming out of you.
Speaker 1: It's harmonized.
Speaker 6: It is hot ass, Randy working at your house.
Speaker 2: You don't need.
Speaker 1: The hot new saucy here.
Speaker 6: I have a saucy. I have a ring can, new restaurant opening soon. I have a ring can that I installed in your house. When you moved into Planeouth to Monarty, you just to make sure I knew where you were at all times.
Speaker 1: Should we check in and see what's going on?
Speaker 3: Let's hear it?
Speaker 1: Oh, Bill, it was Billy.
Speaker 2: That's it's Billy Bass. Yeah, she likes they got.
Speaker 3: On the wall.
Speaker 6: Honestly, How does Fan out Doors not have a contributor named Billy Tackle Terry Twoman Billy Bass doing a fishing podcast.
Speaker 2: Do they ever take calls?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think so we all know, Well we should.
Speaker 2: Call it, and one of us should call it, like as a normal color Billy Bass every week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Billy, go ahead and claim it's our real name.
Speaker 6: You don't know, but we are you know bass fisherman, so we do.
Speaker 2: You got a quarter?
Speaker 3: Richard, I don't know what that was.
Speaker 1: Billy, that's Billy Basswood.
Speaker 3: Hawkwood Delvin to talking about eating bass.
Speaker 1: I tell you got a question, how did you lose your teeth?
Speaker 2: From my branding? And I go like this smooth.
Speaker 3: The doors.
Speaker 1: Guys would get that joke I don't like. But I all had one right.
Speaker 2: On the photo. They can't see me. I'm still doing it. Smoke a lot.
Speaker 1: Of Yeah, I'm sure you have to if you like the outdoors.
Speaker 2: You have that, sup.
Speaker 1: Doesn't it take me to the river? Smoke from the water, that.
Speaker 6: The water or whatever. But again, they're not gonna know. This is pretty punk. Yeah, I can't imagine. Captain Brand corrects you. It's the wrong song for maybe is that's my job?
Speaker 1: Cap could give you some some bass eating tips.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gets down bass eating season.
Speaker 1: It's always Tommy. Let us know tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Let's go. Let's go to the phone. Billy Billy basses on the from Billy, how are you are you out today? I'm down shout eating Oh eating bash down here? Different?
Speaker 3: I got a fish there? You got so.
Speaker 2: Somebody check I think this year late that I'm eating bass and maybe had a septically.
Speaker 1: Here comes Dwight.
Speaker 3: Brilliant.
Speaker 1: All right, front Page Sports after this morning show on the van.
Speaker 12: From the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Luthy.
Speaker 2: All right, here we are six or seven in morning show off the rails on a Wednesday. Let's get the sports and straighten up.
Speaker 6: Time now for Front Page Sports presented by Holiday Station Stars Holiday Station Stores for limited time. Red Bull three for six fifty Mix and matchimue flavors of Red Bull. You want get some energy, get some wings from Red Bull with our friends at Holiday three for six fifty. Let's stay and a half hounds. Yeah man, Holiday, that's holiday all right? All right, so yesterday sucked for our friends over at ESPN.
Speaker 1: Tom Belisaro, that blows ass. Tom's the best dude of all time.
Speaker 6: Carl Karl Ravich right just in two oh yeah, Carl Ravach, Cam Newton, Pelissaro, Ryan Clark, Charles Davis, Bart Scott David Lloyd, Stefana Bell and more.
Speaker 3: Just like, I mean, you.
Speaker 1: Know, they're I don't know obviously personally.
Speaker 6: The one that bothers us the most is Pelasaro, because he's just the best, and he's gonna land on his feet. He's he's too good. He'll find a spot, I think quickly if we didn't know Tom personally. The one that really bothers me though, is Carl Ravage. It's like, can't you let that guy? Can you tell them like, look, buddy, it's the end of the run, But why don't we do one more?
Speaker 1: Can we do like a one more year?
Speaker 6: When a guy like Karl Ravish has been a huge, huge part of your station for what thirty years or something?
Speaker 1: Maybe more? But a dirty way to do him?
Speaker 2: Can I make the obvious point, here's the problem, Here's the thing that I have an issue with. Here's the thing that I don't deserve an explanation. I'm not going to give one. Does anybody watch the NFL less?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Does anybody use ESPN in the NFL network less than they did?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Our ratings on the Power Tip Morning Show are enormous, bigger than they've ever been. Same for the entire radio station in the fan. And yet we lose people and they continue to control and contracting, contract the things that you are using, the things that are the most popular because of Big Daddy corporation continue to constrict and constrict and constrict your favorite products. I don't understand the thinking behind that, other than the figureheads at the top of the mountain continuing to put more and more money in their pocket. And that's they own. They're allowed to do what they want to do. They own us, they own those corporations. It just eventually, when does the constrictions stop on the things that we actually like? I would understand if we were dying, if the Powers morning shows ratings went down and down and down, if people stopped watching the NFL, I would understand. We got to cut, we got to make some cuts. We're losing money here. More money's being made and you have more cuts are being made. At what point does the product get to the point where it suffers enough that you have to stop being idiots and you start caring about the people who actually made you the money to begin with. At what point does the product matter to you again, not just the dollars you're making. And I'm being an idiot, maybe I'm being I'm living on a cloud somewhere where everything is good, but you when When when when the people at the top of the organizations stop caring about the product that's being created by the organization. When does it start to affect them or does it never? Am I living a A A in a make believe world in my head?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good question.
Speaker 6: And this one, this one's compounded because you know with that ESPN NFL network dealer NFL deal. Now the NFL has a ten percent stake in ESPN. Yeah, right, so they are literally now committed to making sure that they make as much money as possible off of ESPN, which might mean budget cuts.
Speaker 1: And that's the other thing about public companies ESPN, Disney, all that kind of garbage.
Speaker 6: Is ultimately it's not even whether or not the boss gets enough money or gets paid enough money. It's you are at the mercy of the shareholders, right, Like if if your quarterly reports aren't even remotely what you're looking for, you're in huge trouble. So you have to meet as profitable, as profitable as possible, as often as possible. You don't want to have multiple quarters in a row where you keep missing earnings. Estimate's right. You have to keep crushing. So every time you miss, everybody at the top has a target on their back.
Speaker 1: Like you're screwing up our stock?
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 3: Mine?
Speaker 2: You know things, and I know you're better about the stuff than I am. It is it the shareholders or is it the four people with the most shares?
Speaker 6: Well, it's a one hundred percent good question. It's both, right because obviously the people at the top are making the most money.
Speaker 1: But you know, if you have.
Speaker 6: The vast majority of people pissed because you're not growing fast enough or big enough, and they're selling, that's a problem. So even if your company's printing money but the stock's going the wrong way, right, you could be a profitable company and the stock's going the wrong way, but you're not profitable enough. We have some of the biggest companies in the country now or in the world that are making money that we can't even fathom, right, right, But if it's a half a percent less than we all thought they were going to make it somehow, that's that's a failure.
Speaker 1: It's like, company's amazing.
Speaker 6: So what if they missed by zero point four percent, Still there's still printing money. No, it's not good enough. It's it is truly just a bottom line corporate greed.
Speaker 1: It sucks. Yeah, it sucks. And uh, I just don't.
Speaker 6: Think guys like Carl Ravits should get kicked out the door. I think they should have a way to say, like, Carl, look, you know, baseball is not as important as it used to be to us, the NFL's king. Now, it's not quite the same when you were a huge, huge part of the station. But we gotta we gotta send you off, right, Yeah, let's give you a victory lap somehow, some way. Let's make it look like it's your own terms. But we have to wrap this up pretty soon. But you don't just kick them out the door after whatever. I don't know, I don't know how long it is, thirty Yeah, I just I don't know. The Carl ravage would really bothered me. I'm like, man, what if that guy has been a staple on at station forever forever and you just squeeze him out?
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, that was like the first name we heard to yesterday.
Speaker 3: He hadn't heard when the Athletic called him.
Speaker 1: Really wasn't the same thing with Ryan Clark.
Speaker 3: That's why that's why they pulled him off the air.
Speaker 11: Because the ESPN was getting media inquiries about him being laid off.
Speaker 3: And they're like, well, we better tell him before he finds out.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man. It seems like in history there's a correction and things start going in a different direction again. It isn't too far gone for there ever to be a correction again, as you like to say, Corey, is is there any way to put this back in the bag? Is there any way to reverse this? Is there any way for things to get better? Is it gone too far? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I don't don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't either. It's too bad, man, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Well, when we started this show, or even slightly before, US media was so predictable, right, everybody had.
Speaker 1: The same model.
Speaker 6: Everybody used the same formula for hiring and firing and making money and doing this. And now it's been since the Internet, it's been the wild, wildwist right, And now with streaming and digital stuff, broadcast media is absolutely just treading water trying to figure out how do we monetize this, how do we do this, how do we keep the audience? I listen to podcasting today talking about Netflix and about how they are specifically and this should shock none of us. They are specifically buying shows, not based necessarily on quality, not necessarily based on costs. They want shows who's almost entire purpose is a dopamine hit at the end of the episode, So you have to you can't not click the next step. But you know what I'm saying, Like that, it's like you could have nothing happened for fifty five minutes, but something better happened in the last five minutes. And if that's the case, that's the kind of show we want, and we'll buy it that we need somebody to click next episode. It's got to be data driven. It has to be. It has to be an addicting program. It's got to be a hook at the end, got to keep it going.
Speaker 8: You're investing in shows just specifically for people to have them on in the background, like they don't even care what's happening, and they're just just like, Okay, this could be a good show that someone could have on in the background.
Speaker 6: So that's what Chris suggested about me being a data problem for The Hawk. Technically, it looks like I watched all ten episodes of The Hawk. I actively watched one and hate listened to basically the last nine.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 6: But Netflix looks like I quote binged it in two different sessions. Yeah, they don't. They don't know that I hated it. They just think that I watched all ten and probably were like, yay, yes, poorly written golf comedy.
Speaker 3: That was great.
Speaker 6: No, that was that was a rough rough watch slash listen.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I hope it. I hope that some kind of direction happens before the morning show starts one morning and there's just one of us not here. Yeah, because that's going to happen pretty quickly, and then another one and then suddenly it's, uh, welcome to Max in the morning. I'm here by myself today. Please call me because I have no one to talk to. Life has no meaning. Oh, why are you so sad?
Speaker 1: Why are you so sad that you're projecting that you're talking out lot?
Speaker 2: But right before you go to break dope, I meane, hit boom, you're good.
Speaker 6: So let's let's make this about us for a second, because this is our show, right.
Speaker 1: Life isn't fair.
Speaker 6: We all know that, and I'm not saying that the that what we've done over the last almost twenty five years is like, well, now we can just do whatever we want for the rest of our careers with answering to No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying we've learned in the last handful of years. No one is guaranteed the proper sendoff, right, no one's getting what I was suggesting.
Speaker 1: For Carl Ravish, it's not guaranteed.
Speaker 6: I already feel like for us though, it's like, I don't feel like we're going to get that at some point.
Speaker 3: That sh all I want is.
Speaker 6: Like, don't you think we deserve We came from nothing and now we're here, we should we deserve.
Speaker 3: That farewell show?
Speaker 2: It's a show.
Speaker 3: Just do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a good point, just in case we get canned like three, four or five years, Right, do a show that we like, hey, hey, do you hear meets Oscot, Like, well, let's just play back our farewell show from twenty twenty six. It's how he would have wanted to go out. Yeah, they didn't let him go out that way.
Speaker 2: I think it's a good idea. In fact, let's record it and just make a promise to whoever's still left, like a time capsule that they have to play it the day we get fired.
Speaker 6: Love it, yeah, no matter what, YEP, like mission impossible. This message was self destruct in ten seconds. So as soon as this is one of us gets canned, we just play our farewell episode yeah, and get our proper send off because they almost never let you crack the microphone if.
Speaker 1: They're worried you're going to burn every bridge.
Speaker 6: And then Christian Cole is going to get suicidal, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The only way to do it is, uh, the way Dave Ryan did is when you just wake up morning and just say I'm decided, I'm quitting.
Speaker 6: Yep, and and my last show is next Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna do you guys dirty because you were going to do it to me exactly. Yeah, you do it.
Speaker 1: Let's record it, man, that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: Let's do it today. I'm busy.
Speaker 6: Can I guess what yours would sound like? Saus sure saw us any final thoughts and go?
Speaker 1: I just wanted to say that this whaled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's very nice.
Speaker 1: You really did. Here's the thing. Here's the thing about the power Trip.
Speaker 6: It wailed. I don't think you'd even need me to just play the cap and go, Paul.
Speaker 11: It would be a lot of Well, it was all Hawk and Core every every interview ever about this show, it's always those.
Speaker 2: But this is his last one, so he'll tell the truth, which is a good idea. By the way, don't listen to mine until I am fired. You got to promise you'll play it the day after I'm fired, and you won't listen to it. And two of them because I want to stay friends with you while we're still here.
Speaker 6: Exactly, we need to all have one person to be like our you know, whatever assistant that executes this.
Speaker 1: Plan for us. If you're the one that.
Speaker 11: Goes first, well they might be fired for playing it. Yeah, so they better have somebody for them.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's backup. We need that was it ray Downovan and was like a fixture? Yea, we have Shreiver. We need like a ray down of an Esque fixer to be like just a push of a button. Maybe maybe like one of the engineers that can access next Gen from home that they just hit play on our goodbye message.
Speaker 2: And it would have to be Zach. He's the one I do that. Zach, you are You're the I'm sure that you can find a way to do it with anyone by being able to trace it back to you.
Speaker 11: I don't think any will have anybody that's gonna at that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're busy in con.
Speaker 3: Yeah they don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're living in a simulation.
Speaker 6: I just looked up at the TV and Leev Shreiver's doing a like an Infinity commercial or Comcast or something like.
Speaker 1: How did that just happen?
Speaker 6: He just popped up on my TV fifteen seconds after I just said his name.
Speaker 1: There's ray donalv and look see like there is How nuts is that?
Speaker 2: Look at him?
Speaker 1: Get off my TV? Good for you freaking me out?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 6: So Tom Pellisero's the goat.
Speaker 2: Yep, we love him?
Speaker 3: Release he did say, I did tweet out this morning. Did you guys see that? No?
Speaker 11: Yeah, said thanks to all of you who watched me the past nine years on NFL Network. Thanks to on my colleagues and we had the job fun and push me on a daily basis. Thanks to my family who constantly made sacrifices to support me in a life consuming job.
Speaker 3: I'm so grateful. See you soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna get a job quickly. He is super valuable.
Speaker 2: Did I read that? The guy on PFT uh said that he can't like get another job for for some can't or something like that. What was that? So his contract does not compete. But more than that, even.
Speaker 11: His contract goes for another year, which a lot of people are trying to figure out, why would you if you're gonna have to pay him for another year because they they agreed. We found out a few months ago that when they absorbed all the NFL network people, they absorbed all their contracts as well and said that they were going to pay them out fully. So it's just a really weird thing. And maybe we'll eventually find out more, maybe even from Tom himself, exactly how this works. But according to Florio, basically he's got another year left in his contract and technically could be sidelined because if you're getting paid by one that network, you can't really compete against it, right So I don't know, maybe there's a way they can terminate it and he can go somewhere else right.
Speaker 3: Away and that's see you soon.
Speaker 11: Message definitely would indicate that he is looking somewhere else, and gosh, dang it, man, he has got to be highly sought after by some yeah, major companies.
Speaker 2: I'm starting a new website when we get fired called the unathletic Oh and it's just for people who talk about sports and have never played.
Speaker 3: It, like Dan Berrero.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Yeah, you know, I just said that because people say.
Speaker 1: That people the Texas.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 1: Really this is a mom We're going to take a break.
Speaker 6: Chris is going to start recording his farewell episode.
Speaker 1: And what really matters?
Speaker 3: After this?
Speaker 6: This is the Power Trip Money Joe on the Fan Really same our iHeartRadio Music.
Speaker 12: Cuestival presented by Capital One.
Speaker 2: Who's coming back to the Last.
Speaker 6: Free Years September eighteenth and nineteen fifteen Mobile Arena streaming line. All right, should we dive right into what really matters? It's we ran lay complaining about the state of the world in the last segment.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure, for sure.
Speaker 6: Listen, Oval was Lends brings you what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports, and Crystal Change of Life was something else brought to you by Ovo Lasy and Lens, doctor Mark Lobanoff and doctor David White and hell yeah.
Speaker 1: Man and men the best. All right, let's see here.
Speaker 6: All right, did you guys see that the Miami Heats Oh yeah, posted a link to quote Lebron James introductory press Conference, and it was a scheduled live stream for July twenty seven, which I believe is Monday. So they sent out a link to the YouTube channel Lebron James Introductory Press Conference July twenty seventh. Team said it was a mistake, and they said that their social media department was just preparing for the possibility, right, like, let's have everything, Let's have all of our ducks in a row just in case he picks us. That part makes a lot of sense, right, Doc, Center, could you send Zach that link? So the Heat, the Calves, and the Sixers are considered the three favorites, right, The Warriors and the Wolves are like the distant fourth and fifth or whatever that whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't know, who knows.
Speaker 6: So let me let me get literally ask you guys a theoretical question, a rhetorical question, because none of us can know the answer to this. Let's say let's say Lebron James and Rich Paul and his team have a master plan to pull off this like four week where's he going? And let's say the answer was Miami. They were always going to go back to Miami. That was the plan from day one, it was that's where my family wants to be. That's where I want to end my career. They got Janis, now me and Jannis and Bam will do that in the Eastern Conference.
Speaker 1: That's the plan.
Speaker 2: Let's go, that's where my talents went.
Speaker 6: What do you think that Lebron wants so much control that, let's say, hypothetically, this pisses him off so much where he's like, this was not part of the plan. I didn't want anything leaked. We have to reassess. Can you imagine if that was even a possibility that, like, if this doesn't go exactly how Rich Paul and I want this ago, we're out, We're changing our mind.
Speaker 8: Isn't that kind of what happened with Tom Brady? Like, didn't someone kind of preempt him on his bit and then he decided out of Spike kind of to keep going.
Speaker 3: Something similar happened with him.
Speaker 6: I saw something yesterday that Lebron had made up his mind, and Rich Paul talked him out of it, talked him out of announcing it, or talked about talked him out of he hadn't he had somewhere he wanted to go. And then I think Rich Paul and his team talked him out of going there.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine that's a thing.
Speaker 3: How can you? How can you? How can you.
Speaker 6: Trump the king and basically go like, no, you're not going home, or you're not going to Miami, or you're not going to Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't it be up to him?
Speaker 8: If that's the case, then he chose Minnesota, and Rich Paul was like, hell.
Speaker 1: No, hell no, no.
Speaker 11: But the cherry and the spoon, and yeah, the Mall of America.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Nickelodia Universe. Yeah, all the stuff on the wall down there. You get seen the new wall, Yeah, ma'am. It says a menace like it's not done yet. But there's Prince Princess Aranos here at the yeah, in our new hallways right away, cheering the spoon.
Speaker 1: It's not bad.
Speaker 2: It was worth a job.
Speaker 1: Tourteen Tuesday. What really matters is this. You got that right, buddy.
Speaker 2: A London bus driver discovered a caged monkey hid inside the laundry bag on his vehicle. Mad Lives.
Speaker 1: It was just Jimothy.
Speaker 6: He's it looks like a monkey, but it's just a bent over raccoon.
Speaker 1: Title of the podcast.
Speaker 3: Is that that our horny.
Speaker 6: Whatever you want, You pick whatever you think drives the numbers, so we can save some jobs here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to finish that Minnesota sign.
Speaker 6: All right, data right, yeah, person per letter, I guess all right, so start over.
Speaker 2: A London bus driver discovered a cage to monkey hidden inside a laundry bag on his vehicle last night.
Speaker 6: So it was a bag with a cage in it must have been a very small monkey in a very small cage.
Speaker 1: You got that right, in a laundry bag.
Speaker 2: I think it was probably a macock. It could be this, that's the probably.
Speaker 6: Was I heard maccock looks like jimmify if you know what?
Speaker 2: And dead And then I started doing GLP ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah man, they.
Speaker 1: Had meds for Peroni's disease.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 2: It could be the first of many abandoned animals linked to a new law restricting the keeping of primates as pets. Oh you got a monkey.
Speaker 6: Everybody saw a friend and thought, uh, ross has Marcel. It looks like a lovely little friendship there.
Speaker 1: It's like, I think it would be a nightmare.
Speaker 2: The marmosa.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're ripping your face off, some of them, Not that they're ripping your face off. They're throwing feces everywhere. They're wild animals.
Speaker 2: Poor little guy.
Speaker 3: Oh buddy, yeah.
Speaker 8: Remember that lady on OPRAH just got her face ripped off that time.
Speaker 1: For the rest of my life, just ripped her face off.
Speaker 3: Show your hands up.
Speaker 2: That one time.
Speaker 3: Bang it that way?
Speaker 2: No, no, never mind no uh.
Speaker 6: Spain in Argentina, the final drew thirty eight point nine million peak though at fifty one point six million, easily setting the most watched English language soccer telecast in US history. Here's what's crazy in the US though, on Telemundo, the Spanish language broadcast brought in about twenty two point six million. So in the US over sixty million people, including me sounds like Maxo two, Yes, sir, watched the Spain Argentina final.
Speaker 3: Zac did you two from start to finish? All right?
Speaker 6: So three of us watched the I watched the entire game as well. Three of us out of the five of us watched the entire game. I didn't watch a second of it. It wasn't the best final. The World Cup kicked ass. The final game was awesome, The tournament was awesome.
Speaker 1: The final was pretty boring. Wouldn't be the worst final for the tournament that it was.
Speaker 6: What sixty million plus and what are we at like three hundred and thirty million in the US, So I mean we're we're that's coming up on like almost a sixth give or take of the US.
Speaker 3: That's championship numbers. That's insane.
Speaker 7: It's insane. Yeah, yeah, good for them. For a lot of people watch soccer.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, but Telemundo broadcast is elite, by the way, elite. I've heard the some of the sound bites, and I've heard some of the sound bites of like other countries doing their own country's goal celebrations.
Speaker 1: It's just, uh, it's out of ten. They care, Yeah, they care.
Speaker 6: I do think some of those guys just try to say, like, can I break the world record for holding this note right long?
Speaker 3: Yeah? For sure.
Speaker 6: You can tell the emotions even out of their voice. There's like, I have to keep going, my breath isn't out.
Speaker 1: I got I got about fifteen seconds left.
Speaker 3: Truly, it's a part of an owl. And then they're just.
Speaker 13: Like, oh, button bar, here comes the darkness.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, in the middle of the gold Oh what am I doing with my.
Speaker 3: I hang here?
Speaker 2: I forgot how to breathe?
Speaker 4: In.
Speaker 2: Oh, I gotta dumb my monkeys and black and out.
Speaker 1: It's not that bad. I do it all the time.
Speaker 2: I gotta dumb my monkey.
Speaker 1: Do you think he said dump his monkey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I said, I got my monkey.
Speaker 1: What really matters, though, is this, you need to help.
Speaker 2: You need to dump your monkey.
Speaker 6: You should adopted one. I think you'd be a good like you know, monkey parent. You have one dog, why not have a second pet.
Speaker 1: I have two dogs. Oh my god, I have two dogs.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 7: No, I don't need any more pets. I wouldn't be a good monkey dad because I wouldn't pick up after it. It would wear a weird diaper. I wouldn't change it. I would have it like fetch me things when I was busy, like downstairs playing NBA two K twenty six with the most stacked team of all time. Hell yeah, and beating people like one fIF you to forty. I would have it. Go get me puppies from the fridge.
Speaker 6: All right, So let me go back, Let me go back twenty two seconds. What what's a weird monkey diaper? Why would it wear a weird one? And why would you put them on but then not change them? Because you just said it would wear a weird diaper and I wouldn't change it.
Speaker 3: No, I would.
Speaker 6: Oh, now you were just say you wouldn't. I think they're just like baby newborn diaper.
Speaker 1: This is how is that a weird diaper?
Speaker 7: Because I think you have to cut like a slit in the back of it.
Speaker 3: Oh why?
Speaker 1: Or its tail?
Speaker 2: That's where the poopy comes out for it's.
Speaker 1: Quick voice texting your door. What if you get a monkey that doesn't have a tail. Don't all monkeys have tails? Wow, you need to watch more nature videos.
Speaker 3: You need to watch a kindness video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need a good laugh.
Speaker 1: More of what really matters? After this? This is the powers of money.
Speaker 4: Join the fan from.
Speaker 12: The one eight hundred ask Verreay Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Speedway.
Speaker 3: Good morning, We've gone an next lane.
Speaker 11: You'll be there on August twenty second. Black Label Society will be there September twenty fifth.
Speaker 3: Gets the complete.
Speaker 11: Details and all of our upcoming shows on the concert page at Cafe dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 2: You got that right, thanks Echo. Welcome back right in the middle of what Really Matters, brought to my friends at OVO.
Speaker 6: All right, let's go The Minnesota Twins continue to flounder post All Star Break.
Speaker 1: Four straight losses.
Speaker 6: Come on, They've lost four of five, but four straight five, two to Cleveland, two more against Cleveland starting tonight at five forty Bailey over from Minnesota, and one more I believe tomorrow against Cleveland. They are now five games back of both Chicago and Cleveland and the Division, three and a half back in the wild Card behind Boston and then again.
Speaker 1: The Red Sox have one fourteen straight.
Speaker 3: Jeez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's uh, it's going the wrong way. They're getting cloudbered, they're getting.
Speaker 7: Climb It looks sloppy, they look a little disinterested. They've been outscored thirty four to nine in their four losing or four game losing streak. Yeah, it's uh, it's gonna be interesting because you got a few more days of this and you're five or six games back of five hundred. I think they're gonna there's gonna be not quite what it was last year, but there's three or four people that there's gonna be snot a snot oh not not sorry.
Speaker 3: Well, the Twins are cold, Yeah, there's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be Yeah, they're sick. Coffey to cold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably, But.
Speaker 13: What really matters is this, there's gonna be snot it was on this day and what year cannibal and serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer was caught.
Speaker 6: So as we're gonna let you guess first, because you probably know.
Speaker 1: I think he died in ninety four. Yep, I bet he was caught in ninety two.
Speaker 2: Very close ninety one, nineteen ninety one. On this day, Milwaukee, Wisconsin police officer spot Tracy Edwards running down the street in handcuffs, and upon investigation, they said something's a miss. They found one of the grizzliest scenes in modern history, and that was Jeffrey Dahmer's stinky apartment.
Speaker 6: So Dahmer didn't even get to watch the greatest World Series of all time with freedom.
Speaker 1: He watched it from a cell. The twins unfortunate we have.
Speaker 11: The Minnesota men's sports haven't won a championships since Dahmer was being held without bail.
Speaker 2: It's true without Christian Bale.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 6: Speaking to Christian Bale, these two were geeking out about the doomsday trailer during the commercial break, and then we were talking X men and I was asking these guys questions because they know about the MCU and I don't, but I heard a bunch of people talking about the trailer on a podcast, Maxman when you brought up the X Men during the commercial break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you.
Speaker 6: Know how they have to get the casting right for the X Men down the road, whether it's Wolverine or whatever. Geen Gray, I think you know we've seen what is it, four or five people now play Batman. We've had so many people play the Joker, so many people play the Penguin. Like the Batman universe has been recast multiple times and it's worked multiple times. It is going to be ridiculously hard to replace Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine being the person who has to step into that after twenty five years of him kicking ass?
Speaker 1: Is Wolverine not just like two movies, but it's been a ton of movie over twenty years.
Speaker 6: I would argue, and again, you guys know this better than me. I would argue, he's one of the more difficult roles to replace in the last twenty five thirty years in the superhero world. And that includes Robert Unney JUNR. That includes Thor and ant Man and Captain America, all of them how do you replace Wolverine.
Speaker 1: He's the perfect Wolverine.
Speaker 6: He's the perfect Wolverine and he's been He's the only Wolverine and people forget just because the X Men haven't been as popular as of late. But Wolverine, I'd put him up there with Batman and Spider Man man like. He's one of the most popular superheroes of all time. So that's a huge and they nailed a huge decision. Yeah, you killed it for twenty five plus years. Yeah, what did you guys think of the trailer? Uh?
Speaker 7: I think the trailer. I think the movie is going to be fantastic. I love the reason that the reason that all of this works so well is when you have an excellent bad guy. The ones that have failed don't really have the best bad guy. Thanos is a sick bad guy. Jonathan Major's was all right and then he got a little bit of trouble. But Doctor Doom is going to be the ultimate bad guy because yes, see thanks Agador once because of who is playing him in Robert Downey Junior. But I think it's going to be fantastic, the Fantastic four. Sweet Thor is back.
Speaker 3: It's going to be.
Speaker 7: Great and then of course, you know Chris Evans and all that. It'll be fun. Yeah, it'll be It'll be a lot of fun.
Speaker 8: And I know people had a lot of questions about the trailer and are complaining about some things, but they're not going to give everything away the very first trailer. I'm sure they still got some some secrets in their back pocket. But it looks amazing. Man, it's going to be awesome and it's going to feel big again for the first time in a long time.
Speaker 7: They sold sixteen million dollars in pre sale tickets after one day.
Speaker 1: Jillion viewer I bought Yeah, Max and Keller.
Speaker 6: Going, yeah, so you just bought tickets for what day?
Speaker 1: Uh, December nineteenth?
Speaker 3: What time?
Speaker 1: Eleven thirty? What theater? I can't say why, Well, it's I think it's Southdale.
Speaker 2: You don't want people standing outside getting autographed?
Speaker 7: Well, no, I don't. Nobody cares about me anymore. I'll be fired by then. I'm just wanting something to look forward to. It's going to be sweet and that day too. Yeah, I have no interesting but yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't see the second one. First one was good, first one was all right. The second one is phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Dune.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the second one.
Speaker 8: Seeing it in imax, the first one, I was like, okay, but then the seeing the second.
Speaker 1: One in imax, I'm all in.
Speaker 6: I'm doing now, Dusty, look at this son of a bitch back from the SPI's over here in.
Speaker 1: Las Vegas and the Backstreet Boys look.
Speaker 3: At Parker Fox.
Speaker 1: Chow chow, Hi, Parker Fox.
Speaker 7: I mean, this is maybe a PST preposterous statement tournament entry, but the scene and Avengers endgame where they all come together and Captain America says Avengers Assemble is one of the greatest scenes in film history.
Speaker 1: And I'm not Fitty max O.
Speaker 8: No, it's it's a cinematic moment, like people in the theater were standing up and cheering and it's hollering, and it gives you a little chills the first time you see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. Tony. What's that guy's name, Tony.
Speaker 1: That's Tony guys at the thram open this week.
Speaker 6: It must be his birthday or hockey.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I really don't know. It just came out of nowhere. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Nice saw name.
Speaker 6: As many famous Tony's as you can go and don't name Tony flu.
Speaker 1: Me yep uh, Tony the Tiger.
Speaker 8: Okay, that's one really famous.
Speaker 6: Tony there started with a cartoon Tony.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: And the only Tony you can name on the top of your name is Tony the Tiger his last name.
Speaker 1: Any other Tony. That's three right there.
Speaker 6: His name was Tony Tony Tony, not Tony tone tone.
Speaker 3: That was one of the.
Speaker 6: Great answer felled three different ways. Come on, man, you know Tony's name? Any famous Tony Tony Danza. There's one like that where Billy Eichner is doing Billy on the Street and he walks up to that down and goes for a dollar Name a woman, and she is so like surprise and overwhelmed that she's like, name a woman, and she's like a woman, any woman.
Speaker 1: And she can't do it because she's so overwhelmed.
Speaker 6: I feel like, this is what's happening to you, because.
Speaker 1: You know Tony. You can't think of any of them.
Speaker 6: So far we have Tony the Tiger and Tony Danzel, which is cheating, But keep going.
Speaker 1: What about if you're gonna go fictional?
Speaker 6: How have you not said the most obvious fictional Tony of all time? There's two, there's two on TV in film.
Speaker 1: Tony Tony, My god, does this not give you a good hit? I don't think it helps to.
Speaker 6: Suck it sounds okay, this is all right.
Speaker 2: Didn't you grow up anybody named.
Speaker 3: Tony stuck on Tony?
Speaker 1: I mean like my English teacher, Tony de Lorenzo. They got their core.
Speaker 6: The three most famous tones you can name, Tony the Tiger, Tony Danza and your.
Speaker 1: English teacher, tenth grade English teacher, Tony de Lorenzo.
Speaker 3: He hated.
Speaker 1: I wonder why he did. That's a great name, though. I think I think he's a listener. He's a great dude. About Tony Soprano.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, Tony Soprano, Tony Romo, Tony Hawk, Tony Hawk, Tony Boordain.
Speaker 2: Did you see Tony tone?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Did but Stark, Tony Stark.
Speaker 1: We just talked about the MCU for.
Speaker 3: Man relast cry.
Speaker 1: I'm tired of your god dang.
Speaker 3: Quizzes all the time.
Speaker 1: So you said to Tony do Lorenzo and ex no, I.
Speaker 7: Just laffed, Tony, said.
Speaker 1: Tony Caranda Man, Tony said that we did.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that.
Speaker 7: That guy crying Tony cry baby ton.
Speaker 1: That'd be a great Gangsterdam. His name was, yeah name.
Speaker 8: That's like when when Peter Grippin's trying to come up with a fake.
Speaker 6: Peter gripping Scott Hamilton.
Speaker 11: The funny thing is Sausca just looked to his right and seen Chris and got Tony.
Speaker 1: How one too easy? Tony the Tiger, Tony Covey co Yeah, sure, Tony cove has to be. We call him Tony to sick your quizes?
Speaker 3: Was it Kurt Bills? All right?
Speaker 1: We got a lot of questions for Parker Fox.
Speaker 6: You got to bump elbows with some of the most famous people in the world. Did you meet any famous Tonys at the SPS?
Speaker 1: No, Tony's at the Was there any time? I'm trying to think of a famous Tony that this year. No, No, no Tony Awards either, But a lot of famous people, a lot of cool people. Man, can't wait to we met.
Speaker 6: All right, we'll talk about that and we'll do the news after this. This is the Power Drip Money Show.
Speaker 12: On the Fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: This report is sponsored by Saint Paul College.
Speaker 1: Good morning, we have delays on