Speaker 1: Is Thursday, April ninth, twenty twenty six. Watch again to today from the Bahamas murder mystery to Michael J. Fox fights back after CNN kills them off and the cringe. Fast food CEOs are back at it again. Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text Sam more, Hey there Sabrina. Hello, Hello Seel, what's happening? Hello to you. You can join us on the show. All you have to do is send us a dispatch. Go to the newsjunkie dot com hit record at your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv. Slash the news Junkie. Your message is rolling a right of the studio in real time. How's everybody doing on a Thursday?
Speaker 2: Pretty good?
Speaker 3: Ready?
Speaker 2: Ready?
Speaker 4: Yes, good good good good.
Speaker 1: A lot going on today on the show. A lot going on today on the show. We'll have some fun as we go. We got some twists and turns. I want to start off in an unusual way for you know, the whole Put our ears of the ground, our fingers on the pulse, and see what's happening in this great, big, wide world of ours.
Speaker 3: Open. I'm going to give you.
Speaker 1: Another choose your own adventure movement. Everybody get to vote. I shall wait your votes differently. Chat votes count all right over on twitch, t NJ, chat YouTube, I see you, your votes will count to some number. And see you and and Sabrina's votes will count to some number. I will work them. I have an algorithm in my head, and I'll work this whole thing out. I want to know for the opening clip, do we want to head towards the light or veer towards the dark? Which one of the two do we want to do to start off the show on a Thursday. Do we want to head toward the light or do we want to veer towards the dark. I'll take light or dark on chat so you can get fast with your replies. But go ahead, Sabrina, what is your adventure choice here for the beginning of the show?
Speaker 2: Veer to the dark?
Speaker 3: Veer to the dark?
Speaker 1: For separate a sea led What about you? What do you think? Fear to the dark or head to the lights?
Speaker 3: Fear to the dark.
Speaker 1: We got a lot of dark folks right now. I mean, everybody's turning to the dark. Everybody's going for dark meat. Every single person is going in that direction. So that's the way we'll start. You demanded it. Here we go. We go to a warehouse in California where a man is a little bit mad at his employer, so he burnt the entire warehouse down.
Speaker 3: How's that for dark.
Speaker 1: Let's listen in as he filmed himself burning the warehouse down.
Speaker 3: Here we go. So it's a huge warehouse.
Speaker 1: In a place called Ontario, California, and I'm trying to look at what he's burning here. It looked like paper towels or toilet paper or toilet papers quick scott toilet.
Speaker 3: Paper, I mean the probably both.
Speaker 5: You would think that the paper industries kind of dabble in both fields, but I think Scott's is the.
Speaker 3: Usually toilet paper.
Speaker 1: Also, if there is a warehouse full of toilet papers still today in twenty twenty six, it's worth one billion dollars, one billion dollars, and this guy lights the whole place on fire and films himself. Now, for those you who are watching on YouTube, you could see on the right what happened to this warehouse. It was completely burned to the ground. It's a it's an Amazon sized warehouse. Like you're on one side and you can't see the other that's how big this warehouse.
Speaker 3: Scott makes both, so it could be either how can you make both of them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, whatever they are, they're they're inflames that.
Speaker 3: Fire in the warehouse. Should have paid us enough to you know, we may not get paid enough.
Speaker 1: To but these bitches dirt cheap matches are a lighter?
Speaker 3: Do was pay us enough to live? All you had to do was pay us enough to live. It sounds like the guy can't live us enough to live.
Speaker 1: All he shows the aisles burning of all of these, like these rows and rows of stuff in this factory that he's lit on fire, and he said, you couldn't pay us enough to effing live, And then these are cheap and he showed like a lighter of matches or something and he lit it all on fire and burned it all down.
Speaker 3: And there'll be people who are.
Speaker 1: Like, he's a true class hero. This guy is gonna be your The money you were making is the least of your worries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you do.
Speaker 1: And you don't have to worry about your salary pal unless you get thrown a hail Mary here. You're probably the Scott's toilet paper. People are probably going to take you down somebody on twitch has asked for a raise. My dude, I have a feeling he might have and he might have been turned down, and so he burned.
Speaker 3: The whole warehouse.
Speaker 5: This guy did this without asking for the raise. Then you know we we have some problems. We locked this guy up.
Speaker 3: For even longer.
Speaker 1: Everybody at the warehouse should get raised the next day, though, just like.
Speaker 2: I imagine, Well, they have to have.
Speaker 1: To pick up the mess, so he's got to throw a little extra at them. But so weird, and the way he filmed himself there.
Speaker 3: Fire in the.
Speaker 1: Warehouse should have paid us enough to live.
Speaker 3: You know, we may not get paid enough to live, but these bitches dirt cheap to a zippo.
Speaker 1: You to do was pay us enough to live. Oh yeah, all you had to do was pay us enough live. I wonder how much you wanted. Like, because, Sean, are you.
Speaker 3: Listening to the mind? Fine?
Speaker 1: How much is enough to live?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Like what if what if he went in the day before with some manager and the manager is like, hey, what can I get you?
Speaker 3: And he goes, I need enough to live and he.
Speaker 1: Goes, how much is that? And the guy goes, I want a fifty percent raise and then they go, no, we're gonna have to turn that down. And now like the manager's manager is going, man, all.
Speaker 3: You have to do.
Speaker 1: This could have saved us a lot of heartache here. If you just got a little bit of live, Dolly needed was enough to live. Okay, did anybody die fighting this? I don't know. I don't I don't assume. So somebody else says this is what Seawn is going to do, and iHeart media in two weeks.
Speaker 3: Don't put that out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not burning anything down, and I want a lot more than enough to live. This guy, I only wanted enough to live. I told you it was a dark turn, and you chose it this morning to start us off. Do you want to see what was behind the light or do we just move on because that was the choice you made.
Speaker 6: Well, and I'm curious if we've got the time, all chats up for it.
Speaker 1: I'll just I'll tell you and then I won't play it for you. The light direct gonna happen if it's like he pulled both of them, he pulled them for the show. He's gonna play them both every time.
Speaker 7: He's like, yeah, why do you pick the dark first man. So we're gonna wash it out with some light. Fine, I'll play the light one. We'll go down the light path. This was pretty fun, I thought, And.
Speaker 1: They said, wriggly Field has released a video of their hot dog vendors.
Speaker 3: This is much more light than the darkness. Is so incredibly different.
Speaker 1: All you had to do was pay us a living wage. And the fire is burning around him, and these guys are showing you their best hot dog call. They're the field vendors. They're very good at what they do. And here's how they call for them. Hot dogs, hot.
Speaker 3: Dog hot dogs. Get your hot hot hot dogs.
Speaker 4: Shit, gorgot, don't ben hot dogs here, don't ben dog Ben.
Speaker 1: Do man hot dogs? Is he saying dog man man? What's that mean? I was like, what is he got like a nickname? Here? I say yeah again, Now I get it. I got dog Man. He's he's the hot dog vendor. These guys have such loud, bellowing voices.
Speaker 2: Though, Gary the first one, I was my vote already.
Speaker 3: I mean, Gary was like he's an.
Speaker 1: Older guy, had a nice little note that he was hitting there on the light side for us. Here and Gary the wriggly Field hot dog vendor really did get to that he was. It kind of shook your spine a little bit. That number one Dog Number two, Hot hot Dogs, gorgo stars.
Speaker 4: Number three dog Ben dog Ben don'g ben hot Dogs here, don'g ben dog Ben don'g man, hot Dog orgs hot Dogs, hot dog, hot dogs, hot hot dogs, many hot dogs, hot dogs here something.
Speaker 1: When we get further in, they start tugging. Yeah, there's so many dog boys out here.
Speaker 3: Dog man, dog.
Speaker 4: Man, hot Dogs, hot dog, dog dog hot dogs.
Speaker 3: Get your hot dogs. Don't be a eater, hot dog.
Speaker 7: Hot dogs, get you hot dogs.
Speaker 1: They all have little gimmicks and long so new but.
Speaker 2: This yeah, like and subscribe hot dog.
Speaker 1: They go to like the new fat guy and he's like.
Speaker 3: A hot dog for sale. And then the older dude's like.
Speaker 1: Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog, the whole Mickey Mouse song going on.
Speaker 3: They're all they're all.
Speaker 1: Doing their best out there. You could pick your hero. That was a light start to man, that guy seemed inn't do him too.
Speaker 3: Three.
Speaker 1: Kevin did have a deep voice for number two. That sounds weird, But in the number three, Lewis Lewis Lewis is the winning.
Speaker 4: Hey, don'g Ben dog Ben, don't Ben hot dogs here, don't Ben, don't Ben hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: He's ripping the bush apart as he does that.
Speaker 1: I don't know how all of them, which you're not supposed to do. That's the ivy, you're not supposed to touch it. They're doing this in front of the ivy at regular Field in Chicago with the Cubs play. And when they're doing this, I just think afterwards, imagine how long does a baseball game take? Nine innings has got to be three hours or something pretty long.
Speaker 3: It's you're out there going dog man, dog man. I might have done. He's probably done by the eighth inning, maybe seventh.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I would be done, Euld cut it off. I would just have a little sign or something. But you'll never know what that sounds like, because that was a clip that nobody picked for, you know, choose your own adventure to start things off here today on the show, so I could turn yeah, turn it back on. That bar was not broadcast for anybody. Before we get into your emails, a really good take here, okay, a really good take.
Speaker 3: Let's frame this one.
Speaker 1: Let's put this one up on the hallways of iHeartMedia today if we can the real reason.
Speaker 3: To stop dropping your zins in the urinal sign.
Speaker 1: Yeah, was put it up right next to that warning in the bathroom at iHeartRadio. And I'll tell you, let's just hang this up somewhere. Two point two million views. Oil had gone down after this very shaky truce with Iran went through yesterday, and this guy said, seventy one dollars a barrel. Gas stations better be dropping those prices as fast as.
Speaker 3: They raise them.
Speaker 1: Just hang out for that one, folks, all right, just do you embrace yourself and hang out for for that because you go up quite fast at the gas station. But now when we got things even out a little bit and the gas per barrel, oil per barrel goes down to like seventy one dollars, watch those pumps and see if they react going down the same speed they did going up. I think you'll find that it doesn't work out that way. And that's what Chad was talking about. Seventy one dollars a barrel. Gas stations better be dropping those prices as fast as they raise them. What do you think? Hit us up with your feedback today? Here we go some emails to kick us off. Jesse emails the show tips at the news Junkie dot com. Hi guys, rather new listener here, He says, I was listening to the story about the dog honking the horn well locked in the car.
Speaker 3: This was yesterday.
Speaker 1: Where was that dog Ireland or something? Colarne Colarney Eiler, Ireland. The dog was locked in the car and somebody filmed them, and the dog was honking the horn the whole time for his owners to come back.
Speaker 3: He says.
Speaker 1: They used to work for a company that performed emergency roadside assistance in South Florida. We worked directly with the local police and fire rescue simply due to the number of children and animals that we get locked.
Speaker 3: In the car.
Speaker 1: Back in twenty ten, we would perform at least one week one a week in Broward County alone, with Florida being Florida. If you ever come across a vehicle that needs emergency entrance to it's always highly suggested to puncture or remove the windshield, as insurance easily replaces that. With all these new vehicles becoming smarter and smarter, I'd like to think the safety features have increased when it comes to things like this.
Speaker 3: Stay gold.
Speaker 1: Listening to you always makes my day, says Jesse. Thank you for the email, Jess.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think a lot of the people who are about saving the dog or the baby that is stuck in the car, they at the moment don't usually think about, you know, what would be easiest for the car owner to replace as I am saving this, especially a dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, And I don't care, like, oh, it's easier for them to replace the wind shield, Okay, cool. Then I'll go with both the side windows. You know, I does it have one of those little those little like triangle corner windows, because that seems like the most difficult in there. I'll smash that one out first and then go, oh, we can't get my st then you smash the other window for good measure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you on that.
Speaker 1: One tips of the neews junkie dot Com Josh emails about the hookers in Hopetown.
Speaker 3: If you miss this, I have big updates.
Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour about this Bahamas possibly murder mystery where a woman went quote unquote overboard. Josh says, this law probably isn't a thing in the Bahamas, but Florida law and federal law requires operators of vessels under twenty six feet, and they were in an eight foot dinghy when she fell overboard. Vessels at are twenty six feet are supposed to wear an engine cutoffs, which e Coos lanyard went traveling on plane or above displacement speed. I was once in the Florida Keys twenty miles out, not wearing my lanyard, and I fell out of the boat and barely grabbed the ladder as my boat was riding away.
Speaker 2: Oh, my job of terrifying.
Speaker 3: Should always wear it, says Josh.
Speaker 5: Here's another terrifying part, Like I've had a mishap like that on a jet ski being on a lake, like a small lake that's not super accessible.
Speaker 3: Probably only the people that lived on it were able to use it.
Speaker 5: However, if you're in the Keys and your boat is moving and you fall off and you don't have that cut off, depending on which way your boat boat is pointed, it could just be going into the ocean to the deep blue sea.
Speaker 2: Baby, you destroy it.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, though, Sometimes when I see that happen, they start going in circles because because they turn the wheel when they jump off or whatever, they fall off or something. Either they already had their hands on the wheel and as part of your like you know, not so dainty self removal from the boat, you kind of hit the whel So that is pretty common, I think for the thing to go in circles, But I mean, if it doesn't, you are.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you selfish of me.
Speaker 1: I would be most worried if I'm popping off a boat and going overboard of that engine. If I ended up underneath the boat at all, and that the other side of that motor just grabbing me would be my real nightmare scenario. But I guess there's lots of things to worry about, including this. Justin emails the show tips at the news Junkie dot com. Hey, it's Justin from West Palm Beach.
Speaker 3: Hi Justin.
Speaker 1: Justin says ideal in yachting.
Speaker 3: Nice. I don't know what went on.
Speaker 1: With this boat accident in the Bahamas, but it sounds like the couple do like to drink and went on the island to do so and have fun on a Saturday night. And after drinking, there's been many times when I say it's gonna be fine and I get home I assume they thought the same and did so. If he is as big of a drinker as the daughter says, his wife probably said I got this. You just sit tight and I'll drive Saturday down here in Florida. We knew storms were coming. They may have thought they were okay. This totally could be accidental, but maybe not. I certainly hope not. If there's a life insurance policy, well that might be a little more sauce, but it actually sounds legit to me. I know we as listeners like to assume, but being a drinker that has been in situations like that in my younger days, I could see this happening. He finishes, wins create high waves and in a small dinghy like that, you have to have an extremely bumpy ride, especially in open water.
Speaker 3: Just saying my thoughts.
Speaker 1: Love the show, hope I heart comes to their senses and keeps you on board. Don't want to go day to day in the future without being able to listen to the number.
Speaker 3: One rated show the news.
Speaker 1: Junkie Wiggle Wiggle pop up says, justin thank you, justin appreciate that for sure. I mean, there are some things that are that are on the side of this guy whose wife is missing in the Bahamas. All lay out the case in his defense at the top of the hour, and then all lay out the case as I see it against him. We'll bring both of those to the forefront. More emails to get into. But when we come back, you thought the whole crew ringe fast food ceo moment was over.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, do.
Speaker 1: I have an update for you, and I'll play it for you. That is coming up next on the news Junkie. You thought we were done with all these cringe fast food CEOs, but alas we are not. I've got an update for you on this.
Speaker 3: This was the story about it.
Speaker 1: Started, I think, but it's so it got to be such a mess it's hard to remember where it started. I think it was started by the CEO of McDonald's, Chris Kempzinski, who took a bite of the new burger that they had and his bite was like a barely bite.
Speaker 2: He just touched his lips essentially, and he's like, m delicious.
Speaker 1: He took a nibble like one fifth of the size of what Sabrina would take even for a bite.
Speaker 5: I think before the Chris guy from McDonald's did it, the burger king CEO had done that fake here's my cell phone number. I'm gonna listen to your ideas. That's true, But it really didn't start amping up until the McDonald's CEO did the burger tasting, and then the burger king guy he jumped in, and then brands we had completely forgotten about, like a NW root beer they were jumping in.
Speaker 3: There was a whole thing.
Speaker 1: Everybody wanted some attention, all these fast food places. And then by the time it ended, the CEOs were like, I'm Barney Hucklebee from Hucklebee's Burgers, Incorporated. And who were you, Barney? What the hell? I know you just told me, but I still don't know Sea Lan's right. It started with the burger kin guy pretending like he gave away his cell phone numbers so we could call him, and then we called him and he was lying, and then the McDonald's CEO took that tiny little burger bite. And now Chris comes in is back and let me tell you, buddy, they hoodwinked your ass, all right.
Speaker 3: They were doing an interview with him.
Speaker 1: I think it was like the Wall Street Journal or something, and they were doing an interview with the McDonald's leader and they said, well, take a bite of this chicken nugget.
Speaker 3: And you should have known my guy. Hey, I gotta be careful here.
Speaker 1: Last time I took a bite of something, the company exploded. I made a mistake with the big Arch Deluxe Superburger or whatever it is. I gotta be careful. But here we go again. He's hanging out in the test kitchen with him, and they go, take a bite of the nug All you have to do is get a little nug bite here and totally do it as normal as you possibly can.
Speaker 3: And the Wall Street Journal got him again.
Speaker 1: Here is nice for somebody to eat on camera.
Speaker 8: Well, i'd say the biggest thing is just dive right in. So I'm looking forward to taking a nice bite out this chicken nugget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally normal the way you said that.
Speaker 2: Pal, and the bite still just corner.
Speaker 9: Oh I go, he goes, I'm looking forward to taking a bite out of this chicken nugget that I'm looking at here right Yeah, who.
Speaker 1: Talks like this? Here's the sin, the real sin following.
Speaker 8: Eat on camera. Well, I'd say the biggest thing is just dive right in. So I'm looking forward to taking a nice bite out this chicken nugget, and he takes.
Speaker 1: A little child sized bite out of the end of a chicken nugget. And I will tell you right now, all right with God watching, Okay, fire this man.
Speaker 3: Fire this man.
Speaker 1: What kind of animal doesn't one bite a McDonald's chicken nugget? What kind of untrustworthy goon behind the scenes? What is this man's internet history full of? What is this man actually up to?
Speaker 2: I feel like he doesn't eat.
Speaker 6: I feel like someone plugs him into something and that gives him his nutrients for the day. Because what he did. Sometimes you could do two bytes in a nugget. You've dipped it. Now you get that second half. The first guy was on the video hit it properly. He just made that into fourteen bytes in one nugget.
Speaker 3: It's a good nibble of this thing.
Speaker 1: And you're right, Zuckerberg one point zero vibes here like, well, I am a human and I still am a human and this guy takes a little tiny nibble out of a nugget. There are I don't want to get this wrong. The McDonald's people will come after me. What ceiling? How many different shapes and nuggets are there?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 1: Oh four four three four. There's like a boot, there's there's a couple other one. There's only a couple of them. One thing is for sure. You take all of them. You put them in your mouth as you would a pill.
Speaker 5: Four to stake the shape, the ball of the boot, the bow tie or some call it the bone, and the belt.
Speaker 3: Ball, the boot, butt, the belt whatever.
Speaker 1: What all those were, all of those big old dangle they you put them in your mouth, you eat them. You're the CEO of McDonald's and you're acting like you're alert to the menu item, Sarah, what is wrong with you?
Speaker 5: Also, he didn't call it a McNugget, which is its proper name.
Speaker 1: Oh did he's just say nugget? He said this chicken nugget. Yeah, the branding should be chicken McNugget. They've spent about a trillion dollars on that. Kevin says, lizard people do not eat people food. If leg it's his first day on earth. Every time this guy eats on camera, and all you have to do is eat a nug And I'm not gonna lie to you. As old as I might get and as much as I might like nice fancy food, sometimes McDonald's chicken nuggets are good. There ain't nothing wrong. They have perfected a couple of things on that menu because they've made them for what sixty years, seventy years, however long I've been making those things that McDonald's, and some of them, like the Big Mac or the quarter pounder or the chicken McNuggets, they have perfected. You take that McNugget and you put it in your mouth and you eat it in one go, and if you don't, you should be fired from the company immediately. Were a bad representative. And what the hell is even this? I say, if you're eating on camera, yeah, two bites? Why because because the camera is gonna catch you what looking like a like an animal eating.
Speaker 3: In one bite. Maybe he's trying to talk while he does this. They slowed him down. He's gonna be like this chicken nugget, it's, oh.
Speaker 2: My god, I don't understand.
Speaker 1: What he said. So weird. The journalists afterwards just points out the obviously goes it's a little weird to watch each other eat, and he's like, hold it right, it's a.
Speaker 3: Little weird to watch each other eat. Yeah, Well, imagine how I felt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, imagine how I felt all you had to do was just take a big bite, little tiny little.
Speaker 2: Did someone tell him the first one didn't go so well.
Speaker 1: I think he is not in touch with human media. I think that he is not actually familiar with what's happening on planet Earth, and he just plugs himself in each it's a new download. This is not going to be a good download day after this. Chris Kempsensky over at McDonald's, I mean, I has to loot your product, but you got to get on board a little bit more.
Speaker 3: You got to do things.
Speaker 1: Right, like the folks perhaps over at NASA, who are just amazing, amazing, amazing work all the way around with NASA. I did find for the Artemis two group, and all these just splendid, even I hesitate to say it, even the Canadian I find all of these these astronauts to be splendid, great representatives of all space programs, of the United States of America, Canada, and of the entire world really just all of humanity. And now I have the quote from this particular mission. You know, they keep trying to make stuff quotable.
Speaker 3: When they go around.
Speaker 1: The Moon, they're like only the entire time, Yeah, They're like, you're going around the dark side of the moon. What do you have to say? And they go, the moon may have a dark side, but the Earth is all bright from here or whatever they come up with, and you know they're right down somewhere.
Speaker 5: We're gonna we're gonna take the burn that you know points us at the moon. Not because we choose the moon, but because we choose I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, what do you mean.
Speaker 1: Everything I should choose the moon.
Speaker 3: Wait what but you don't have to have.
Speaker 5: A little, you know, a little inspiring chicken noodle soup for the for the spaceman's soul speech before you hit every button.
Speaker 1: To Sabrina's point about the flat Earth comment, I would it wouldn't it be just something if we had an astronaut that was a troll and they did go up there, they were like, oh my god, the flat Earth people were right.
Speaker 2: I can see then we're seeing ships just.
Speaker 1: A pancake. It is flat as a pancake up here.
Speaker 2: You see Jeffrey Epstein from here too.
Speaker 1: It's you could still you could have so many space memes if you were a memester in space, all a memester in space? What a what a time to be alive. Here's my favorite quote. Whole mission, whole damn thing. I've thought about this for a while. I sat there and for the first time in maybe a year, somebody said something that I ruminated with.
Speaker 3: I sat there and I just I.
Speaker 1: Indulged myself in the moment thinking about what this guy had just said in space on a spacewalk, listening.
Speaker 3: On a spacewalk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's out there, he's moving around.
Speaker 3: There's no space walk sounds.
Speaker 1: It's not a spacewalk. He's working. He's working on something. This is a different time when he was on a spacewalk. The visual is of a different time when he was on a spacewalk. His quote is this Are you ready? He says while space walking. That's why I told you about the spacewalk part. This was a previous time that he was in space.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's read Wiseman.
Speaker 1: This is Reid Wiseman, Artemis two astronaut, and here's the quote while space walking.
Speaker 3: I realize something.
Speaker 1: I used to think I was scared of heights, but now I know I was just scared of gravity. Let it think in all right, Let it think.
Speaker 2: In a little bit of gravity.
Speaker 1: Buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I used to think.
Speaker 1: I used to think I was scared of heights, but now I know I was just scared of gravity. Think about that a little bit I thought of it. I was like, wow, okay, I mean, I don't care about being up high somewhere. I care about the effect of gravity smashing my carcass to the ground and ending it all for me. It's it's a thinker. It's a thinker and not a thinker at the same time. Actually, which I really have to stay much more about it. That makes sense. It's well, I mean, but just think about it. Just think about it a little while space walking. I realize something. I used to think I was scared of heights, but now I know I was just scared of gravity.
Speaker 10: Huh.
Speaker 1: All right, this is big. Think about that. Let it punctuate your day in some way. That is read wiseman who's not spacewalking on this go round for Artemis two, but is up there moonwalking, if you will, doing his thing out there with these other Nastra NASA astronauts.
Speaker 3: Excuse me.
Speaker 1: Lots of feedback coming in your emails, is what I mean.
Speaker 3: Your emails the tips.
Speaker 1: At the news JUNKI dot com, tips at the news junki dot com, and also your dispatches, which you can record yourself over on the website that's over at thenewsjunkie dot com. You can record a video or audio dispatch. Go Sean, here's what I think about what you're saying? Or you guys are talking about this?
Speaker 3: What have you?
Speaker 1: What do you think about this? Have you heard about this?
Speaker 3: Story?
Speaker 1: Always open to something else going on out there, and that's why I try to keep my eye on every story possible. But your feedback matters, so send it in tips at the news junkie dot com or record a dispatch right now to be featured on the show The news chunky dot com. They are headed for splashdown on Friday tomorrow tomorrow and it'll be about eight pm e EDT. Sometimes people get triggered when I say est when it's not technically eest ye it's the time of year. Oh do you get triggered by that too?
Speaker 3: I know you're doing it right.
Speaker 1: No. Now I'm looking at the paper and I just remember I've I get emails.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: People will be so particular about my language, and it's crazy because I'm pretty particular about language I know. That's why I actually I focus on trying to communicate and say things the correct way and try to make things easier to understand. And I do take an interest in communication. And then people will be like Sean, you said, Eastern Standard time and technically this time of year, we're edt not est and okay, all right, sure it's going to be at eight pm. I'll just stop there eight pm on the East coast Friday, at eight pm, those astronauts are going to be headed home for splashdown off the coast of San Diego, Wales. Vagina is what that means, as everybody famously knows. It was the first time hearing from the team since they're historical Lunar fly by saw them travel of birth.
Speaker 3: They said, we have to get back.
Speaker 1: There's so much data that you've already seen, but all the good stuff is coming back with us. We have so many pictures, we have so many more stories. They are on their way in. They are bracing themselves as I've told you, I told you yesterday about this for the most dangerous task yet, which is re entry. After this ten day mission, this capsule will plunge back through the atmosphere. They will be going twenty five thousand miles per hour. They go about that for a moment, then they come back. They will be going twenty five thousand miles.
Speaker 3: Per hour, and they will be in a.
Speaker 1: Capsule, the orion capsule that is five thousand degrees because of the entry friction and heat that is forming around the vehicle. Twenty five thousand miles per hour, five thousand degrees bad news, good news, bad news. It's incredibly dangerous. The heat shield is a problem area. They were worried about the heat shield on this anyways, and that is the most dangerous part the re entry. The good news. If something happens, you ain't gonna last but one millisecond.
Speaker 3: You will not You're not.
Speaker 1: Gonna feel it. If there is a way to go, it's probably the way to go. It's probably better than any other method humans have made up to take each other out. You are just evaporating at twenty five thousand miles an hour and five thousand degrees fahrenheit. But let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at the news junkie dot com. When we come back, we'll get to the update. Oh we got we gotta that'll be at the top of the hour. Actually the top of the hour will have the update on this Bahamas murder mystery, the hookers in Hopetown, the story there.
Speaker 3: If you haven't heard it.
Speaker 1: I'll get you all caught up and I'll give you the case four and against this guy so far. When we come back, we have to hit on this.
Speaker 3: Michael J.
Speaker 1: Fox is alive. Everybody, CNN is trying to kill Michael J.
Speaker 3: Fox.
Speaker 1: No, he's coming out now and fighting back against CNN.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what's happened.
Speaker 1: If you miss this is coming up next in the news chunk Key, Welcome into the world's most viral newsroom once more, and I'm here to tell you today, friend that Michael J. Fox is not dead. He is alive, and he is not dead, and CNN tried to kill him off.
Speaker 3: I do not know why. I mean, I think what.
Speaker 1: They did was they made one of these mistakes. We've talked on the show before about how at most big media outlets they prepare for celebrities to die ahead of time, and they write their O bits and they keep O bits on fire.
Speaker 3: Ile.
Speaker 1: This may sound weird to you, it may not, but right now at the New York Times they won thousand percent have an obituary ready for big characters like Trump, like they won thousand percent have a Trump obituary written and ready to go, right, And if people saw it, they'd be like the New York Times is over there wishing that Trump died. Well, some of them probably are. In fact, a lot of them at the New York Times probably are.
Speaker 3: But I mean they probably read it a lot out loud just to practice.
Speaker 1: But every time I get down, I just go the Trump a bit.
Speaker 5: But at the same time, they also definitely have a Biden obituary ready.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and Obama a bit your obituary everybody, all the people that you can think of, everybody in Hollywood that's on death story, who's the one, Who's who's up next?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: To die?
Speaker 1: The old he's a director now and he's like a million years old old. He was in a movie not that long ago. He partnered himself up with a woman that was way too young. But I think he's like ninety something.
Speaker 10: Was the one that did Meg No no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, I don't believe. So somebody will know this in chat. Who I'm talking about?
Speaker 7: Boy?
Speaker 1: He's an actor to Clinton, Clint Eastwood. Clint Eastwood is who I'm talking.
Speaker 3: I thought he was dead. No, no, No, He's still alive.
Speaker 1: Isn't he double chi Yeah, Clint Eastwood's alive.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure he is alive.
Speaker 3: Who was thinking, who is the NRA guy, the big NRA guy. I don't know. Charlton Heston.
Speaker 1: Charlton Heston's dead.
Speaker 3: Ye was he the big NRA guy? He may have been Clinton.
Speaker 1: Clint Eastwood is director, actor extraordinaire and gonna die very soon. And I don't say that to take the light in this. I just said that to be honest and trust me. The New York Times, the CNN, all these places. Yeah, obituary is ready for these people.
Speaker 5: Charlton Heston I always thought of because he had the big NRA thing and his big slogan was from my hold dead hands. Yeah, and so some of the headlines when he died were like, you can finally have Charlton Heston's gun monsters.
Speaker 3: But they were ready for that. They were ready. Well, Michael J.
Speaker 1: Fox, he's got some health issues Parkinson's and all the rest, but he's okay.
Speaker 3: He's still alive.
Speaker 1: And CNN made a bit of a mistake here's the Variety article on this, and Variety says, Michael J. Fox speaks out after CNN sparks death scare. How do you react when you turn on the TV and CNN is reporting your death? It says Michael J. Fox says he's alive and well. The Back to the Future icon assured fans on threads, So that's where he's posting.
Speaker 3: You want to see his post. Do you think that you would wonder for a second if they were right like this? Yeah?
Speaker 5: If you know, like if you if it was you and they were reporting your death, would you would you would you think?
Speaker 3: Is this how purgatory works?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I would very quickly pinch a couple of people. See if I get a reaction, make sure that I was still alive and with everybody.
Speaker 3: But Michael J.
Speaker 1: Fox responded. Here's his Threads post he's posting over there. How do you react when you turn on the TV and CNN is reporting your death? Do you a switch to MSNBC or whatever they're calling themselves these days?
Speaker 3: B poor scolding?
Speaker 1: Hot water on your lap If it hurts your fine, see call your wife, Hopefully she's concerned but reassuring. Do you relax they do this once every year or e ask yourself, WTF. I thought the world was ending, but apparently it's just me and I'm okay.
Speaker 3: Love Mike, He says, man zero typost too.
Speaker 1: You think he post does himself.
Speaker 3: You think Michael J.
Speaker 1: Fox is on threads and he's he's doing this himself, because that is fairly impressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he comes out and says I'm not dead after CNN sparked a desk care by releasing a video on its content platforms.
Speaker 3: The title of the video just to.
Speaker 1: Go to what I was telling you, I mean, I'm telling you the truth here. The title of the video that CNN released was called remembering the Life of Michael J.
Speaker 3: Fox.
Speaker 1: And you gotta be careful with this stuff they put out, remembering the Life of Michael J.
Speaker 3: Fox.
Speaker 2: Uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: That's not a big move. I know he's got his issues, but he is only sixty four. Yeah, and he just was at an event. I'll bring that to you sis on TV.
Speaker 6: Was there another Michael not the famous that passed and they just like accidentally clicked Michael J.
Speaker 1: Fox. It could have been or it could have just been there moving things around and they accidentally put the wrong thing in there, and this stuff is all all all written out before. But Fox his message Michael J. Fox, not Fox News of Fox's message comes after CNN shared a video titled remembering the Life of actor Michael J.
Speaker 3: Fox on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: It was also posted on sites where the network's content is distributed, like Entertainment Weekly and others. CNN spokesperson said in a statement, the package was published in error. We have removed it from our platforms and send our apologies.
Speaker 3: To Michael J. Fox and his family.
Speaker 1: The eclipic question was interview experts or excerpts, as well as some of his Fox Fox's work through the years. It appears to have since been deleted, so they got rid of this. It happens a lot, man, It happens a lot. I've seen stories league like this because people found images saved on the servers of some of these news outlets because.
Speaker 3: They're that dumb they are.
Speaker 1: I'll give you the I'll give you a stupid example, but it's still an example. Years and years and years ago, there was a story that broke that Jamie Lynn Spears, Britney Spears' sister. I believe Jamie Lynn Spears. There was a story that broke that she was pregnant, and at the time nobody knew and it wasn't out there anywhere. But the magazine that was working on the story had an image on their server of the cover of this magazine and it said Jamie Lynn Spears pregnant bombshell announcement or whatever, and somebody got on the magazine server and was just looking around. They found this and they they broke the news before they were about to release all this information. Now that is a big giant who cares missed me with that kind of news tidbit, But it's an example of what kind of happens at.
Speaker 3: A lot of these places. Michael J. Fox is fine. Here.
Speaker 1: He is on stage with Harrison Ford. He was at an event this past weekend, I think maybe even the day before at the Pali Center.
Speaker 3: Harry is right there.
Speaker 1: Shaking hands with Harrison Ford. But uh, Cast of Shrinking I believe, Yeah, the Cast of Shrinking was having an event.
Speaker 3: Michael J.
Speaker 1: Fox showed up there to give some support, and he's all right. He's still posting on threads or somebody is for him at the very least, who knows. But not the first time though, get it wrong over at CNA, and certainly not the last time, but do give us your thoughts on this. Maybe over their instances you've seen of this kind of stuff happening. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com or emailed the show tips tips at the newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 3: Quick update started the story.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you all did it, and I say, you all chat picked this, Sabrina picked this, see.
Speaker 3: Lane picked this.
Speaker 1: They all picked dark instead of light at the beginning of the show. We'll never know what the opening light clip was. It was a nice, lighthearted thing that we'll never get to hear because they chose the dark clip to start the show. The dark clip was on this guy's social media channels and he was upset about his pay, so he burned an entire warehouse down.
Speaker 3: Here's the update I have for you.
Speaker 1: Footage shows the aftermath of the Ontario, California fire that wiped out a one point two million square foot tissue paperware.
Speaker 3: One point two million square feet I.
Speaker 1: Think nine year old chamel adul Karim was allegedly upset about his pace, so he decided to.
Speaker 3: Burn the whole warehouse down.
Speaker 1: Oh God, the warehouse served the toilet paper needs of about fifty million people. Are we gonna have a toilet paper shortage? Oh no, that's a tissue paper. But I think it's the same thing. Yeah, I mean fifty million people. If this is one of the big factories. There's new footage, and I'll put this up along with the other footage too that I didn't post earlier. All Right, the flyover goes over the warehouse where this guy lit the toilet paper warehouse on fire, and you can see the extent to which there is nothing.
Speaker 6: Nothing, sprinklers, no sort of It wasn't enough.
Speaker 3: No, look, there's nothing.
Speaker 1: There's it's walls, folks. The walls remain, that is it, Absolutely nothing left.
Speaker 3: It burned from front to back. Crazy.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, but I think one would hope that a factory that holds the paper needs of fifty million people would have a better fire suppression system. I'm not blaming them on this because you know, the guy he committed the arson, they didn't pay him to live. Yeah, but you know, if they were saving money on employees, they should have bought themselves a real decent fire suppression system.
Speaker 3: Because a little bit hilarious if he made that video.
Speaker 5: And it's like pay me to live, Pay me to live, and he zippos up a damn palette of a toilet paper and all of a sudden, she's just like.
Speaker 3: Problem solved.
Speaker 6: I'm curious what his charges are going to be considering how much money is.
Speaker 1: Offs so crazy, I'm putting them both up on See It now. All right, I've got both of these before and the after. I'll put them both up on See It now during this break. When we come back, we'll give you the update on the hookers in Hope Town. The Hooker family, husband and wife. They were on an eight foot boat. He says she went overboard. The family says she may have been murdered. New details, and I'll give you the case four and against this guy that's coming.
Speaker 3: Up next on the news.
Speaker 1: Junkie Hookers in Hopetown. That's what I'm calling around here, hookers in Hopetown, and it's the Hooker family. This guy and his wife who were sailing around on this big sailboat that they had, and they were living the life, baby island life.
Speaker 3: They made their way.
Speaker 1: To the Bahamas, a little place called Hopetown where strangely enough, everybody on this show has been multiple times. It's not a super popular place in the Bahamas. It's not like Nasau or some of these other spots, but it is a beautiful place. And we have all been to the spot where this has a occurred or definitely occurred in the Bahamas. Something here, something happened Sea Lanes, right, What was it? That's what we got to figure out. Here's the nuts and bolts of this story. You have a guy named Brian Hooker, okay, and Brian Hooker went out with his wife and she was with him on this sailboat trip to the Bahamas. They were in this area Lynette Hooker and Brian Hooker to enjoy some things, and apparently they were having some drinks now and again. Now, Lynette Hooker's daughter says that her mom's husband would drink and sometimes get a little aggressive violent, maybe even threaten to throw his wife, Lynette Hooker overboard.
Speaker 3: From time to time. So specific not a good.
Speaker 1: Look afterwards, with everything that we know now in mind, not a great look. And there's a lot of news coming in on this story. The rest of the basics that you need to know are that I think it was around eight o'clock or so at night. It was sometime in the middle of the night. They got on what's being called a dinghy. And we can't tell you enough how small this boat is. We saw them in the boat. The boat is about eight feet long. If that it's like a bathtub, a glorified bathtub with a little outboard motor on it that's designed to get them to their yacht or sailboat. I would probably say that some of the stories say yacht. And he says on the way, the weather was really bad, and when the weather was really bad, it rocked his wife off of the boat. When it rocked his wife off of the boat, it ended up kicking her off with the keys, because she had the keys to the boat with her, like on the little floaty thing. So the boat turned off. His wife popped off into the water, and he said he hasn't seen her since he had to row back to shore because he didn't have the keys anymore. He said he lost his wife in the weather, and he he's hoping she went to a little island somewhere.
Speaker 2: I know it for.
Speaker 6: Sure, just a little island in the middle of the ocean during bad weather.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is not very likely, just so you know, not very likely. But the headlines are getting more interesting as we go. Here's what we see from today from CNN. Husband arrested during search for missing American woman in the Bahamas. Now, I'm going to give you the case for and against this guy, Brian Hooker. Did he kill his wife or what? I'll give you the case for and against him in just a second. But police and the Bahamas, according to CNN, have arrested the husband of a missing American woman. She went missing on Saturday, and obviously enough time has passed that nobody thinks she's going to be coming back alive at this point, and investigators were told by her husband that she fell overboard in rough waters. Royal Bahamas Police said Wednesday an American man had been taken into custody in connection with the case and was being questioned. The statement from the agency didn't identify him, but you know, you know what they're talking about here. Attorney Terrell Butler confirmed Brian Hooker was the man who had been arrested, and they said he categorically and unequivocally denies any wrongdoing.
Speaker 3: He is anybody ever, didn't do it. Anybody ever equivocally deny like I don't even know.
Speaker 5: All of the denying that we hear each day from every person who's ever said it wasn't me, I didn't do it is usually defined as unequivocally. I don't even know what equivocally denying something sounds like, kinda kind of not.
Speaker 1: It says categorically and unequivocally he denies any wrongdoing. It puts simply, he said it wasn't him. He didn't kill his wife, he didn't throw her overboard. They continue he's been cooperating with the relevant authorities as part of an ongoing investigation.
Speaker 3: He was taken into custody about.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty pm on Wednesday for additional questioning based on some probable cause we have, according to the Assistant Commissioner of the Bahamian Police. The announcement came just hours after the US Coast Guard said they the US Coast Guard had opened a criminal investigation into the disappearance of his wife, Lynette Hookers. The Hookers, the Lynette Hooker, the Hookers in Hopetown grabbing a lot of attention, not just in the Bahamas, but far beyond that around the world, as people are looking at these headlines now. They are both US nationals from Michigan. Her daughter is speaking out in the wacer of her disappearance, No pun intended, and her daughter is saying that she fought a lot with this Brian Hooker guy. I don't think the Brian Hooker guy is the father.
Speaker 3: Of this daughter.
Speaker 1: That ages don't add up and stuff. They've been married over twenty years though, the two of them and Brian told local authorities they've been returning from land on a small called dinghy when Lynette fell off the boat amid turbulent sees. According to the previous statement from the Royal Bahamas Police Force, after local authorities in the coast Guards scoured the bay, the effort moved to a recovery operation and now they're probing a little bit deeper here.
Speaker 3: So what is going on?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 1: So those are the things we know basically about this story. But what it was the case against this guy, because when I ask people about this story, they tend to think that the guy is just flat out guilty. So let's talk about the case against this guy real quick. The case against Hooker Brian Hooker fifty eight years old.
Speaker 3: The case against him.
Speaker 1: Is that The woman's daughter said that they fought all the time. The woman's daughter said he was a drinker and he got angry when he was drinking. And we know from experience on this show that you can do some drinking. And Hopetown and the Bahamas, it's kind of one of the things as they do there.
Speaker 3: They got a couple of little resorts.
Speaker 1: You drink at the resorts, you have some food, the service is slow, it's a beautiful place, and round and round we go. So they were probably having some drinks and enjoying themselves, is the guess here, and then they decide that they're going to leave and go back to their boat. They said it was a couple of miles or something sea land, I think. Then they said like one point eight miles or something like that too.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they said.
Speaker 5: All I know is what I what I said yesterday was that in the area where they supposedly were, if they were headed to an anchored a sailboat or yacht, compared to where he said he washed up and like ended up reporting the the his wife missing, that was like five miles in a straight line, right, And that was that's marsh harbor. That's, you know, right where the airport is and so like. And he got there four am. He might he might have been in that dinghy for a long ass time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And in her case, she did not have a life jacket on in this tiny little boat. And he said, you threw a preserver at her, but he.
Speaker 3: Lost her in detail, and that's how she fell. He would.
Speaker 1: He walloped her into the water, is what a lot of people think happened here. So this is sort of the case against him. They don't drink well together. She had posted on social media something to the effect of Okay, here's the meme that she posted a little bit before this, the final video shared on her YouTube channel just days before she vanished. Said in a meme, it was two people next to each other with oh my god, I have to bring this up so you can see that this is real. Hang on for those of you watching over on YouTube. So missing us mom.
Speaker 2: And this was her last post, that's.
Speaker 3: What they say.
Speaker 1: The New York post says, this was the last thing that she posted on her YouTube channel. And is this just an image or the video? I think this is an image perfect. Okay, here is the last thing that she posted on her YouTube channel and it says, don't you two ever get sick of each other? And it said me and my husband And it's a man drinking a beer and he's about to push, oh, the person.
Speaker 3: Into the pool. And I mean.
Speaker 1: That this can go in the pile of the case against this guy. Like his wife, just before she died, posted a meme that says me and my husband and the husband in the video is drinking or in the in the screenshot that I'm looking at is drinking and pushes her into the pool.
Speaker 2: Something fish here and then his y I don't know.
Speaker 1: And then she ends up going overboard in this age foot both.
Speaker 3: So to make of that what you will?
Speaker 2: What if she's alive and it's a whole life insurance thing.
Speaker 3: Could be on it. We don't know.
Speaker 1: We literally don't know. This is just speculation. The case against him is basically that there's a lot of circumstantial stuff. The daughter seems to think that he did it. She posted a meme about him pushing her into a pool and then she gets dropped into the ocean off the Bahamas and disappears. Lots of things. Is that, Yeah, if you go back to the page, you were on. Yeah, there should be a link to it. The page New York Post had a.
Speaker 3: Link to it.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, hold on, I just got rid of that. I can bring it back up though, so I'm a magic. It just shows them pushing somebody into the pool.
Speaker 3: No, it's like one of them is dancing or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that up up. Okay, I'm up the short clip on the YouTube channel right here.
Speaker 1: Got it, got it, got it?
Speaker 3: Okay, here's the actual clip.
Speaker 1: Okay, So there's that he's drinking and he's next to her and she's dancing, and oh, does he not push her in the pool? No, so they're just dancing, dancing, dancing on the edge of the pool. That's a microphone. That's not a beer. Oh it's okay. I thought this was a beer in his hand. Okay, I stand corrected. This may be a microphone, and it's very hard to tell. But let's say the person singing into this and it's a microphone and the other person is dancing on the very edge of the pool and they're close together, and it sort of gives the idea that something has gone wrong here maybe, or that they like partying together by the pool. You could you could read into these things however you want, really, but there's no pushing them in the pool.
Speaker 3: I'll roll that back.
Speaker 1: It's just right on the edge of the pool is one person and the other person is like partying around next to them.
Speaker 5: And she captioned it dance party with sunglasses of Moji.
Speaker 3: Hashtag bahamas hashtag bahamas.
Speaker 1: Right, and prior to this, even though they posted all their stuff on social media and they had some social media accounts, was nobody watching this. There was nobody paying attention to this. Honestly, nobody knew about the hookers in Hopetown before the story bro.
Speaker 5: As crazy as this story has gotten and has has widespread, you know, with people talking about it, this thing only has fifteen comments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even now, even now because it's still just kind of percolatd.
Speaker 5: This is either extremely tragic or extremely telling now that the wife is missing some thoughts and prayers.
Speaker 1: So people are still taking it that way. But let me be as fair as I can about the final post from her on the YouTube channel. It features two people next to each other. One is on the edge of the pool, the other one is near them. The person who is the guy and this the other person has a bag on their head, but the guy looks to be kind of singing into a microphone while the other person's on the edge of the pool. They don't actually push the person in. But you can read from this what you want, right, And that's what people are kind of doing here.
Speaker 5: Somebody said, I don't necessarily disagree. This whole saleing hookers thing, which is the name of their YouTube channel, is giving me strong Gabby Potito van life vibes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. I can see that too. I can absolutely see.
Speaker 6: That, especially his post afterwards, which is so obvious and weirdos.
Speaker 1: That's another thing I would put in the category against him, Okay, Ted says, reading way too much into that, Yeah, I mean there's a tendency.
Speaker 3: To do that.
Speaker 1: We only have so much that we're looking at here, so I'm just trying to throw it all into the pile away, ye, Ted, And you can wait this stuff differently. I wouldn't wait that very heavily. Obviously it's not actual evidence, but it's something right. And the daughter says that things were not very good between this couple. The daughter says that when he drank there were problems the daughter says that he joked around and maybe even threatened to throw her overboard at different periods of time, and put that into the pile of all the things we just heard for the case against this guy, Brian Hooker, fifty eight years old, and say, maybe that shows that he killed Lynette Hooker, his fifty five year old wife, or the case that she just fell off, and that his story is true in the case in support of him. The one thing that I'll say is there's a lot of happenstance here. I mean, he would really have been taken advantage of the opportunity if he wanted to push her off into the water, because it was actually a very rocky day on the sea.
Speaker 5: I thought you were going to go darker. It was actually say it was a really great opportunity.
Speaker 3: Well it was, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'll say that if you wanted to push somebody off a boat, it was the perfect moment for it. The waves were big, the winds were big, the storms were big, and they were in an eight foot boat, and that is that is something. But could it have been just happenstance that it really was bad weather and he decides this is the moment where it's going to look most believable, all right, and he shoves her off into the water and then she wasn't able to swim her way back to shore.
Speaker 2: As an experienced boater and a sailboat.
Speaker 6: Nonetheless, I was like a decision like that makes no sense to me to go out and bad weather on a dinghy with no communication. If something could happened no radio, just had to drift back. It seems just so obvious to me that where they're missing big art or he really is this.
Speaker 2: Dumb to think you can get away with murdering his wife.
Speaker 1: I could look at that two ways, because I can go, would it be the case that if somebody was really skilled it at boating, that they would maybe be more likely to not do things like wear a life vest and to like maybe go out in.
Speaker 3: A bigger storm.
Speaker 1: And would the experience level make you more comfortable in doing something like this? I agree from my angle, I go, I wouldn't go on the boat in a storm. I would definitely have my life vest on. But if you're an experienced boater, would you be less likely to do that?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Like a million times, they seem like a.
Speaker 3: Lot of times.
Speaker 5: It depends on what boat you're on, whether it's like cool to not have a life vest On. I think the way the weather should have been, you would think they would want them on. But there's other pictures of the two of them from Lynette Hooker's Facebook page where they're clearly on a boat in neither of them have a life vest On and I can't tell. It looks close enough to the water like it could be the dinghy, but I can't tell.
Speaker 1: Also in the case in support of his story, in support of the husband's story, is he says she was driving, And we did see a photograph of her driving the boat the dinghy. We saw her in the dinghy with the motor. It looked like she was in control and she was driving, even though some of the original stories were that, hey, actually she never drove, he drove. Why would she be driving the boat, Why would she have the keys that would pull out when she fell overboard? So she did, at least in the photograph that we saw, appeared to be steering the boat and driving the boat in that moment.
Speaker 5: Hell, maybe she wants to wear the cutoff thing, you know, because when they fight, they get a little they get a little angry. At each other, get little drunk rage, and he's threatened to throw her overboard. Maybe she's like, I'm wearing the thing, so you're screwed if I fall off his boat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. We don't. I'm only throwing the infroditional mouth up now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you are.
Speaker 3: We're doing it.
Speaker 1: We're doing a little speculating.
Speaker 3: We're doing a little speculating.
Speaker 1: But that's what you do when you have a case at the early stages like this. Hey, guess what, you know what we can look into right now? We can look into the details that the Bahamian police seem to think this guy knows more than he's saying, don't they If they're bringing him in and they're questioning him and they're talking about charges, and they're saying, we believe he knows more than he's saying. It's not just us speculating about this. There's also at least the same kind of vibes coming from the police and the FEDS who said they're opening up a criminal investigation into this too. So that's a little bit more. That's a little bit more that we're seeing there. All right, quick break, we'll take your calls on this I have another update on the hookers in Hopetown story. We'll put it further onto the show after Fritz on the Street when we come back. I got the Kanye email to get to. Also, one of the other stories that I wanted to hit on here was that that stabbing in Charlotte, the woman who was on the subway, the twenty three year old woman who was stabbed by the crazy hobo dude. There's an update on that story that has people melting down. I'll give you the truth about it. I'll tell you what's really going on. That's coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 3: A couple of things to get into here.
Speaker 1: I'll have to leave that one for off air at least for the moment, but a couple of things to get into here on the show. One is, I see people freaking out by the way about this guy to Carlos Brown Junior, and he's the lunatic. This like crazed hobo who killed that Ukrainian refugee, Erna Zarutzka when they were on the trainer like the subway, and he went up behind her and started stabbing her and killed her. It's brutal, just absolutely brutal. And for like five seconds people said, hold on, it's almost like we have a problem with violent recidivist inmates that we just keep releasing back into the public hunh. Or We're right there on the verge of a great breakthrough to determine that maybe we need to do something about this, to determine that maybe like we should just let random, angry, crazy people roam around until they stab people in the throat. We were so close to a great American breakthrough, but last year we are and the story that is getting highlighted by many people, I want to clarify a little bit because it says de Carlos Brown Junior, that's the guy in question who killed this woman, has been found incompetent to proceed in the Charlotte, North Carolina light rail killing. So they have found him incompetent or incapable to proceed with the court case. And I think the idea that a lot of people have is like, oh, they're just going to release him again. So this time he stabs this poor woman and she bleeds out on the train in front of everybody god in the world, because it was caught on camera and everybody saw this thing.
Speaker 3: Until we kind of have to forget about it, you know, call on him next, then forget it.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about that, lady. Don't worry about that, lady. It's not a problem anymore. But people want you to think De Carlos Brown is going to get right back out there, right back on the street, over and over and over again, even after he stabbed the woman in the throat and killed her. To Carlos Brown Junior, accorded to the Charlotte Observer, has been found incapable to proceed on the state murder charge brought against him and the killing of Ukrainian refugee Arena Zarutzka.
Speaker 3: According to court filings, Brown.
Speaker 1: A thirty five year old homeless man who previously told police he was diagnosed with schizophrenia, faces both state and federal murder charges and the August light rail stabbing of the twenty three year old. The result of his capacity evaluation were revealed in emotion his state public defender filed in court on Tuesday this week, and the motion attorney Daniel Roberts, ask a judge to delay his rule twenty four hearing, in which prosecutors would say whether they plan to seek the death penalty in this case. Now, let me stop here for a couple of things. One, people are going, well, now he's not going to get the death penalty. And this guy's a murderer, Well, he's not going to get the death penalty anyway. Nobody has been as far as I know, executed in the state of North Carolina for a couple of decades. Now under state law, they haven't killed anybody the state of North Carolina. They've blocked executions for the last twenty years. So if you're out there saying this guy needs a death penalty, odds are he wasn't getting the death penalty to begin with because North Carolina doesn't kill people. And that's that part you can put to the side. The Rule twenty four hearing schedule for April thirtieth was previously delayed in order to give time for a capacity evaluation. Under state law in North Carolina, a defendant is cable to proceed if they can understand the nature of their charges, comprehend their role in court proceedings, and help their defense in a rational and reasonable manner. Obviously, this guy, as you can see from the video where he kills a woman, is crazy. They're in lies. The problem he's crazy. The problem is that this type of person is roaming around and they just keep releasing them over and over and over and they're crazy, right, but they're right in court, like, how is he going to defend himself? He doesn't know what's going on. He's not rational, he's not reasonable, he's crazy. The part that people are getting I think a little bit confused about is he's not going to be released. He will remain in federal custody. There is a federal murder charge pending against him. This is only about the state charge, and this hearing is only paused for six months. He's not going to be released. I don't know that he'll ever be released. He's probably going to be kept in some sort of institution for the rest of his life, which should have happened before this, to be clear, it should have happened before all of this happened. But I just wanted to tell you because you're going to see a lot of people kind of overplaying I think what's happening here. They'll go look again, they're releasing this guy.
Speaker 3: He killed this.
Speaker 1: Woman, and back on the streets he goes, well, he's still held up on the federal charges. And even if he wasn't, he would still face something for the state charges. People like this guy need to be medicated forcefully for the rest of their life. They need to be put into You can call them whatever you want. You can call them asylums, you can call them Helperville, you can call them, you know, happy homes, you can you can call them.
Speaker 3: Whatever you want.
Speaker 1: But they need to be kept in places where they're away from other people so that they don't harm them, like this poor woman whose life was taken away from it. But we can't pretend that he's competent enough to be in a trial. He's obviously crazy. He's crazy. Okay, So let me know when you think about that. If you've seen that story out there, flats Fisherman said, why do we get rid of asylums again?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's complicated.
Speaker 1: It's part of what they call the deinstitutionalization of America. There was some Supreme Court cases that say you can't force full imprisoned people under the Constitution before they commit crimes.
Speaker 3: It's like a pre crime.
Speaker 1: So you would need Congress to come together and say when somebody is mentally ill, and a panel of medical professionals deem them to be mentally ill people pose a danger to other people that they then can hold them even indefinitely, so that the other people are safe. But Congress won't get off their ass and do anything like that. But yeah, it's called de institutionalization. And the asylums, there were some terrible ones. There were some terrible asylums, and there's some very bad photo essays about how bad the conditions were in these places. And just like lobotomies, something that worked for some people gets wiped away by the fact that it didn't work for a bunch of others. And yeah, that's where that goes. But we need to find a way to fix something like this. I don't believe de Carlos Brown has headed for the streets, however, So there he goes. That's the update on that. Lots of emails coming in. They get to one really quickly, and this is Brad Hollywood. Brad emails the show about Kanye. I mentioned this earlier.
Speaker 3: He says.
Speaker 1: So, I've been working on a lot of shows lately when they come through Los Angeles, but I didn't work on the Kanye show, thankfully.
Speaker 3: Brad says.
Speaker 1: A lot of my friends worked those shows and I heard horror stories of constant last minute changes.
Speaker 3: That surprises me.
Speaker 1: Zo gosh, Actually we're going to do the beginning like this instead. He's He's just he's always gonna making changes.
Speaker 5: But I want to know, like, what's the most Kanye last minute change you could make?
Speaker 3: Like he stood on a giant globe?
Speaker 1: Was it a pyramid an hour ago? I want two globes now? Kanye yelling at people, as he says, Kanye yelling at people, at people over things that were his fault, not allowing anyone there to look at him.
Speaker 3: If he was driven through the tunnel.
Speaker 2: You couldn't.
Speaker 1: Everyone was instructed to turn and face away from the car, Brad says. He says, personally, the Nazi stuff was enough for me and I either want to work with him. But after hearing how he made the shows where he he treated people this way, maybe glad I turned the job down.
Speaker 3: The one bonus for those.
Speaker 1: That did was that he made so many last minute changes that everybody was working eighteen hour days for over a week and they made tons of overtime. Nice word that I'm not sure keep up the work, Brat, Yeah, I mean fair points. I still think it was a phenomenal show. The stage was phenomenal, the performance was phenomenal, and it came off pretty well, and not without hiccups. There were some issues, but I can believe what you're saying one hundred percent that there is like paint in the ass moments all over the place. When we come back, we will do the next episode. What's coming up on the next step episode.
Speaker 6: On the next episodeiode Halloween in April. Fans of one legendary horror Flix seemed to think so, And now they're trying to set a world record. A new artist has over ten songs on the top one hundred, including two in the top ten, and they are not guaranteed human. Plus the kind of meane queen trades in her throne for an orange jumpsuit. All that and so much more coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 11: And that is coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 1: We'll give you updates on that if if that is needed. But I think right now I'm just in cruise control until we get to this seventy day mark or so, and we'll see what happens with iHeart. After that, we have Fritz on the street on the way get ready for the greatest game in all of radio. We play, you play, everybody plays except for the host, who will be Fritz, and we'll see how this goes down momentarily. But before we get into that, let's get into this, let's do the next episode.
Speaker 3: Because there's a lot on TV.
Speaker 1: You can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you going to talk about?
Speaker 3: They think I touched those chamon He he.
Speaker 12: Nothing for the next episode with Sabrina Hey, smoke weed.
Speaker 1: Hold up.
Speaker 6: The next episode brought to you by that mortgage guy down, that mortgage guy Don dot com at.
Speaker 2: The Homelans Radio show.
Speaker 6: Tune in every single weekend, get your questions answered live on the air. See that Dawn has got your back and he's ready to give you some peace of mind, especially when you go to his website, That mortgage guy Don dot com.
Speaker 13: Do miss the Voca.
Speaker 6: Mortgage dot com fourteen years ago twenty twelve. This right here, this Broadway show surpass excuse me, the Phantom of the Opera as the highest grossing Broadway show all the time, fourteen years ago.
Speaker 2: And he guess before I play the theme song and you will immediately know what it is.
Speaker 3: It's Lion King.
Speaker 1: Yeah, baby, that I just sticking in my head. What's the most successful stage show I can think of currently?
Speaker 3: And that's the only one I could think of at number one.
Speaker 1: First came first thing. I came to mind with Spider Man. But didn't that fail miserably after a while. M I don't remember spider Man. Spider Man was a disaster. People kept getting hurt because they had a person playing Spider Man, like winging across the stage and stuff.
Speaker 2: The person, at least that first round listens to the show.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's up just now? Were you?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He still does.
Speaker 6: At number one, The Lion King has made two point two billion since it opened in nineteen ninety seven, and number.
Speaker 1: Two Wicked.
Speaker 6: One point eight billion since two thousand and three, and The Phantom of the Opera one point four billion.
Speaker 2: Since it opened in nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 6: And now someone who could not see any Broadway shows because he died of a drug overdose. We now have an update on the Matthew Perry case and the woman is sold Matt Perry the drugs that killed him was sentenced yesterday.
Speaker 2: Did you see this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They Yeah, I almost sauch a cocaine queen, ke queen, she's younger, This ketamine queen lady didn't look like she was very.
Speaker 3: Old to me.
Speaker 6: No, but she established some sort of ketamine royalty, because that's what they called her, the ketamine Queen. She operated a drug trafficking business right there out of her La home for years, catering to a lot of high profile Hollywood clientele, and is now going to be catering to no one because she's in prison for the next fifteen years.
Speaker 3: You could still be a ketamine queen in prison.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is very all I do on this story is sing the Caribbean Queen song.
Speaker 3: Thatta mean queen?
Speaker 1: Here's she's She looks so young to be this drug kingpin type person of green pin kem queen.
Speaker 6: She was facing sixty five and got fifteen, So wow, still going to see the light of day. She started as applying Matthew in twenty twenty three. When he died that year, she tried to destroy the evidence of their relationship. Obviously was not successful in that, and now one of the five people to plead guilty to charges related to matthew He's death. I'm okay with it and I don't know how this got involved. It was on the Bengo card to have Trick Daddy and sorority beefing.
Speaker 2: But here we are, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna say.
Speaker 6: Right now, Yeah, that was Trick Daddy.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite clips of him.
Speaker 6: Anyone who's familiar with Trick Daddy is where he's not maybe the best option to perform for a family friendly event.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, I thought he loved the kids. He does.
Speaker 6: No, Trick love the kids, but Trick's music might not be loved by the kids parents either way. Kappa Alpha Kalpa had hired him for a family friendly event and turns out there was some backlash. Surprised, so he initially made a name of hi himself with a song with two live crew and now here we are. In twenty twenty six, thousands of people associated with Alpha Kappa Alpha, the historically black sorority that's part of the Divine Nine, des centered upon Orlando for the seventy third South Atlantic Regional Conference, right and the festivities included a step and stroll competition capped off by a performance by Trick Daddy. However, that was cut short after organizers yanked him off the stage. Due to the risky lyrics and explicit language attendees were treated to. Once he turned on the microphone and did that, I say, did you know who trick Daddy is? Are you aware of his music when you hired him? He's been doing this for a long time?
Speaker 3: Did they ask him to play clean versions of his music?
Speaker 6: Now there's a chapter's regional director issued a statement apologizing for his behavior, asserting trick Daddy had ignored their requests for the attire and the language the specific songs.
Speaker 1: Well, they wanted him to saunter in in his suit and do like some stands.
Speaker 3: Yea, his trick Daddy?
Speaker 1: Google him, kids, what are you doing?
Speaker 6: His performance was not acceptable, According to the regional director.
Speaker 1: Will wouldn't have happened if it was pooh shisty. No, he would have would have been a professional performance. Did you know somebody told me last night? I know this was true. Somebody told me that pooh shisty guy that just got arrested. He had only been out of prison after spending five years in prison. He had only been out of prison five days before this happened. In so again, and I go are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: And one of his songs is like back at it or out of jail or something.
Speaker 1: Out of being free. For God's sake, No.
Speaker 2: I tricked out.
Speaker 6: He was not pleased with the statement that was made by the director of Alpha Kappa Alpha and had his own words. But I can't share that because I know that he has bad language. And we are on live radio, and that's why we probably wouldn't have him on to perform his songs.
Speaker 2: Yes or no, here we go.
Speaker 6: Maybe we can just get a new artist that doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: I present to you.
Speaker 6: Eddie Dalton has eleven songs on the iTunes Top one hundred, including two in the top ten as the number three album of his songs Another Day Old one point four million views on YouTube, and of course he's AI. Eddie Dalton is the creation of Dallas Little and everything from the music to his look, all AI generated.
Speaker 1: Is it good?
Speaker 6: I didn't give a listen if you'd like to. But the artist behind it was like, people know he's not real. They enjoy the music for what it is, so back off. Don't accuse Little of deceiving people ripping him off. He doesn't appreciate how my work has been characterized as AI.
Speaker 2: But your work is Ai.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it definitely is Ai. Are they find his best example here?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: This is Eddie Dalton one point six million views. It's this guy who's AI top of the charts.
Speaker 3: Let me fast forward. Black is a man to do?
Speaker 2: We like this person?
Speaker 3: Just okay.
Speaker 1: He sounds like that Teddy Swims guy or whatever his name is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Teddy's real, I know that for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this guy's fake.
Speaker 6: The congratulations Robot, you did it, And congratulations to this guy right here. His last name is not Washington, but boy does he share the same first name.
Speaker 1: George no.
Speaker 6: Rhymes with Wenzel Denzel Curry, and Denzel Curry is now reacting to being the first rapper to be played in Spain.
Speaker 3: Guy said, George, what a loser.
Speaker 1: She said, his last name is not Washing.
Speaker 2: I know what I realized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I was supposed to think from that that it was Denzel was the first name.
Speaker 2: And then I'm not coming at you for it.
Speaker 6: I mean, I got a really bad clue, but very exciting Denzel Curry and that song did come from the.
Speaker 1: Guy who didn't say anything, by the way, just for the record.
Speaker 2: Minus one point line and giving it to Sean in the lead now.
Speaker 6: Denzel Curry reacts to being the first rapper to be played in Space and I quote to infinity and beyond Mother, which is very exciting. It's part of the wake Up song list that the Artemis to listen to, Sleep Ahead, Young and Sick, Green Light, John Legend in a Daydream, Freddie Jones Band, Pink Pony Club all fifteen seconds.
Speaker 2: That they heard as we heard earlier this week.
Speaker 5: And part of the FDIC Control we were waiting for the song.
Speaker 6: Under Pressure Queen and David Bowie part of the Artemis to Wake Up song playlists. So congratulations to everyone in Space Space nice on the Boobtube. We got NBA on Amazon, Nick's Warriors Celtics Celtics Excuse Me, and Laker's The Miniature Wife is premiering on Peacock's Your Sure of Big Mistakes on Netflix, fift season premiere of Hacks and All Late Night's on Repeat, All Your Dreams of Me on Instagram at Sabrina Ambro most.
Speaker 2: Importantly say it with me America.
Speaker 1: Smoke Weed Day, Thank you, Sabrina.
Speaker 3: Fritz on the Street is up next.
Speaker 1: I've just stumbled upon the darkest thing I thought you guys chose darkness. I'm choosing darkness now. That Eddie Dalton guy that Sabrina was talking about, the AI guy who has a bunch of songs on the top charts right now because of the world is broken. The comments section of his YouTube videos. Remember he's AI. Yeah, the comment sections are so weird?
Speaker 2: Is it other Ais?
Speaker 1: No, it's old people. This song is part of my testimony. If I live to see April twenty fifth, I'll be sixty seven years old.
Speaker 3: I am so blessed.
Speaker 1: When I was a baby, the town's doctor told my mother I was dying, that she should take me home so I could die at home. I'm so glad my mother didn't give up on her baby girl. Visiting a new doctor gave me another day old.
Speaker 2: Have to do with AI song?
Speaker 1: Everybody's talking about dying. I turned eighty nine on March first. Arlen says, I'm.
Speaker 3: Great song called what's the song called?
Speaker 1: This song is called another day Old? Okay, it's all old people commiserating over the fact that they're like in their eighties, in their sixties. Nobody, none of these old those have any clue that this guy isn't real. I don't think. Just found this song last night.
Speaker 3: I'll be seventy two and may.
Speaker 1: I've got a lot of medical issues, diabetes, kind of kidney disease. I pray every night that the Lord will let me pass before any day.
Speaker 3: Just go around googling death sounds.
Speaker 2: So outside, it's so weird.
Speaker 6: Comment Sean. Hey, it's not a real person outlive all of you.
Speaker 1: What's so funny is this song makes you appreciate time, life and getting older, something that the person who wrote it doesn't understand because they're fake.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: That makes you understand life and time and getting older. Hey, I sir, I can subscribe. Oh my god, YouTube comment boomers. YouTube has been around for too long. Now when we come back, we'll get to the Fritz on the Street, the showdown on the radio. But will we pick you to representing Fritz on the Street. Now's the time where you try to wave at us on chat or otherwise to get our attention so that we pick you and then we fight for you and Fritz on the Street, and that is coming up next on the News Junkie. Learn about the show over on the website. It's easy for you to find. It's Thetnewsjunkie dot Com. Thetnewsjunkie dot Com. We know a guy. His name is Fritz. Fritz is the great host of Fritz on the Street. He now joins us here in studio. He has had some I don't know if you'd call them interviews, but he's run through some questions with some.
Speaker 3: People who have probably had a couple of drinks. You know.
Speaker 1: It's all part of the larger equation of fun that brings us to Fritz on the Street. But are you ready, Fritz, that's the biggest question.
Speaker 13: Hell yeah, there's like a ninety percent chance they're half in the bag.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: So that usually makes it harder and more fun. And that's got them all loved up during Fritz's Funhouse.
Speaker 10: I mean someone's got to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody does, and leave it to Fritz. He's the guy who can make this happen. Let's get into it. Let's do Fritz on the Streets Now.
Speaker 3: Sign for on the Street.
Speaker 13: Hello Sabrina, Hello Sean, Hello Sea Lane, Hi, Fritz Fritzy, Hey, Fritz. Fritz on the Street Sponsored by that mortgage guy Don and Home Loans Radio. Each Saturday nine to ten thirty am. You can listen to us me Fritz MJ and that mortgage guy Don just rattle on facts and industry news about buying a home, refinancing the home market in general.
Speaker 10: You can also hear Don pretty.
Speaker 13: Much every week talk about how someone compared their quote. They did not miss that boat and he saved up to I don't know, five thousand, sometimes up to six hundred thousand dollars. Wow, just by looking at offers and making an educated and uh.
Speaker 3: You know, first quote must have been something else. Yeah.
Speaker 13: Absolutely, every week shows you how you can afford that dream home and it's it might be easier than you think. That's that mortgage guy Don dot com, Home Loans Radio dot com, hit us.
Speaker 2: Dot com.
Speaker 13: We'll go over the leaderboard first, and then I would like to know who everyone is playing for. In first place with eighty nine points, we have Christopher Lane. In second place with seventy two points, we have Sabrina Ambra, And in third place with sixty six points, we have Sean Watson.
Speaker 1: Now, boy Ike, who's sixty six?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: After I'm me let that sink in in just how poorly I'm doing here, But I'll tell you who I'm playing for. In Fritz on the Street Fritz, and I'm playing for Rock Junior over on YouTube. Rock Junior is my pick? What about your Sabrina.
Speaker 6: I'm playing for b Rockmore on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Mine doesn't have any rock a Rock Junior, b Rock Moore, all.
Speaker 5: Right, I'm playing for Sammy scam Rock like Sammy Hagarm sure Rock, All right there.
Speaker 3: Fritz, you said eighty nine sixty six. That is right? All right?
Speaker 13: I thought that was the person you were playing for. At first, that was just a bunch of numbers. I did not catch that. So each week I go to the bar so you don't have to, and I ask eight questions for Kurnav and four general knowledge trivia questions to our participants to usually they have just done Fitz's Fun House My Trivia Night each Tuesday night, and then they stick around and they want to be on the radio and you have to chime in for that bonus point and then guess out of eight people, how many got it right?
Speaker 10: Easy, peasy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Is everyone in?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 10: Without further ado.
Speaker 13: Question number one goes like this last week which mission lifted off Sabrina Artemist two.
Speaker 10: Artemis two is correct?
Speaker 13: Last week, which mission lifted off to take humans on an orbit of the far side of the moon. They have now traveled further than any humans in the history of the world, Sabrina. Out of eight answers, how many do you think, said Artemis.
Speaker 2: Two half in the bag.
Speaker 10: I'll go eight, eight, seven, seven for ceiling.
Speaker 1: How crazy is that, by the way, to take every human born before you, You've gone further.
Speaker 3: Away from the planet than they have. That's so crazy. I'm going to say.
Speaker 13: Five and five for Shawn. Question one, with answers of five, seven.
Speaker 3: And eight, ding ding ding, ding ding ding.
Speaker 13: Someone knows their astronauts last week? Which mission lifted off to take humans on an orbit to the far side of the moon?
Speaker 2: Artemist two. I think that was eighteen years Artemis.
Speaker 8: Two, Artemist two, Artist two, Artemis two, Artemist two.
Speaker 13: Damn it, that would be seven. Sealan is picking up two points, getting it right on the money. Sabrina went up one down with eight, picking up one point. Question two, what nation is home to the Komodo dragons? Sabrina, Moto dragon. That would be a.
Speaker 2: Great nation of Japan.
Speaker 10: That is incorrect, sewn Sean.
Speaker 3: Is it Madagascar?
Speaker 10: That is incorrect?
Speaker 3: Indonesia?
Speaker 13: Indonesia is correct, Wow you know that Ceilian. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Indonesia?
Speaker 3: Who? Uh?
Speaker 7: Four?
Speaker 10: Four? Two two for Sabrina?
Speaker 3: How did he know that it was a guest.
Speaker 2: That's a wild guest.
Speaker 3: You just guessed Indonesia.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say Japan, but Sabrina got got there first.
Speaker 3: And thank god?
Speaker 1: Could you point Deniesia out on our map? If I gave you a three tries?
Speaker 5: I mean, if it's a map like a Google map with words on it, I would hope I.
Speaker 3: Didn't need three tries.
Speaker 1: I'll say four and no no, no, no, sorry, sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 13: Three, three and three four Shawn. Question two with answers of two.
Speaker 1: Three and four ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 13: How to train your dragon? What nation is home to the Kimoto dragon?
Speaker 1: Bali? Japan?
Speaker 8: You're chilling, pan oh, Indonesia, Japan, Indonesia.
Speaker 3: That would be two.
Speaker 10: So Sabrina's picking up two points.
Speaker 13: So we got a funny guy on the panel and Sean and Sea Lane with the guess of three and four, each picking up one point.
Speaker 1: Question do people say Japan because komodo dragons look like Godzilla?
Speaker 3: And I just thought kimono sounds kind of Japanese.
Speaker 1: Because there was a lot of Japanese guesses in Chat in particular too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was just two right.
Speaker 13: Two got Indonesia, that is correct?
Speaker 3: You got up could be.
Speaker 10: Not good a point go away.
Speaker 13: Question three? Now, over the weekend, which college won the n C Double A women's Sabrino, son of a bitch?
Speaker 2: Uh women's.
Speaker 13: You can that is incorrect, Sean Sean, did you want to hear the full question?
Speaker 3: Yes? Weekend?
Speaker 13: Which college win the n C Double A women's basketball championship?
Speaker 3: Saw Sewn?
Speaker 1: It was, of course North Carolina.
Speaker 10: That is incorrect. That would be u c l A Bruins.
Speaker 13: Course, Yeah, you got question two right. We will start with you. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said the U c l A Lady Bruins?
Speaker 10: Three, three, four, fourth for Sabrino, three and three for Sewn.
Speaker 13: Question three, with answers of three and four over the weekend, which college went in women's basketball championship?
Speaker 3: Connecticut?
Speaker 1: Ucla? Was it Yukon? I don't know, I have no idea Ucla.
Speaker 2: That was UCLA Women's UCLA Lady Bruins.
Speaker 10: That would be five.
Speaker 13: So sabring up with a guess of four picking up one point. Upcoming now is question four. That's a halfway point after question four, I will tell you who is leading so far on my I.
Speaker 1: Say really quickly here, Fritz, just as far away as those Artemis two astronauts were from planet Earth. That is how far away from first place?
Speaker 3: I am right now.
Speaker 1: This is maybe one of my worst performances on record, but I'm turning it around right now, turning now two.
Speaker 10: Hundred and ninety two thousand miles away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm about that far away. Yeah.
Speaker 13: Question four now on the Ahinda, what Oscar winning best picture is named for a type of rose?
Speaker 10: Ceiling?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, that's definitely not an Oscar winner. Crap, mmm, magnolia.
Speaker 13: One more time, What Oscar winning best picture is named for a type of rose?
Speaker 3: Sewn? Sean red?
Speaker 10: That was incorrect?
Speaker 3: A right, A lot about roses.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, that would be.
Speaker 10: That would be American Beauty.
Speaker 1: I thought about that after I.
Speaker 5: Already answered I didn't know that was a rose, but it sounded like it could have been a thing.
Speaker 10: Ceiling.
Speaker 13: You got question too, right, yeah, ceiling. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said American Beauty? Oh two two, three, three for Sabrina, two and two for Sewn. Question four with answers of two.
Speaker 3: And three, ding ding ding ding ding day.
Speaker 10: So on those there are rose pedals.
Speaker 13: What Oscar winning best picture is named for a type of rose?
Speaker 2: American beauty?
Speaker 3: No clue type of rose, type of rose?
Speaker 2: Wow, American beauty.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Prosess I've got don Juan, Oh my god, I have no idea. It was one of our answers during tonight, Yes, and move on American beauty. That would be free.
Speaker 13: They said American beauty, but the answer was fight club three. So Sabrina's picking up two points, and Sean and Seelane with the guest of two each picking up one point. That means in first place with seven points, Sabrina slash b Rockmore, in second place with four points, Sea Lane slash Samy scam Rock, and in third place with two points Sewn slash Rock Junior.
Speaker 10: Now let's go on to question.
Speaker 13: Five four, remaining recently which attorney general was fired?
Speaker 3: Sea Lane?
Speaker 13: Bondi is correct recently? Which attorney general was fired by President Trump? Sea Lane? Out of eight answers, how many do you think? Said Bondy seven? Seven, eight, eight for Sabrina, six and six for Sean. Question five with the answers of six, seven and.
Speaker 3: Eight sing ding ding ding ding Ding.
Speaker 13: Someone knows recently which attorney general was fired by President Trump?
Speaker 3: Hambondy Bondy pam Bondi.
Speaker 2: Damn it, I just read this note.
Speaker 1: I don't know excess ham Bondy pam Bondi ham Bondi.
Speaker 10: That would be six.
Speaker 13: So Sean is picking up two points and sealane but I guess of seven picking up one point. Question six, now, according to Roman mythology, which type of animal nursed Romulus and Remus.
Speaker 10: Sabrina that would.
Speaker 1: Be a goat?
Speaker 10: That is incorrect.
Speaker 7: Eight?
Speaker 13: Sure, Sean cow, that is incorrect.
Speaker 5: What type of animal yep in Roman mythology nursed Romulus and Remus.
Speaker 3: A monkey?
Speaker 13: That would be a she wolf? A wolf, a she wolf sea land You got question five right.
Speaker 1: We will start with you monkeys.
Speaker 5: Everybody's always talking about, Oh, you'd be.
Speaker 3: Like the Roman cows.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that cows. Man, I'm pretty sure that monkeys just as sure as you are.
Speaker 10: Uhli, it's a she wolf?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Do they have otters?
Speaker 10: I don't know?
Speaker 13: Uh Seland out of five out of eight answers, how many do you think said wolf?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Two, two, he's a big man.
Speaker 13: Two two for Sabrina, one one for Sean. Question six, with answers of one and two. Let's see who knows their humanities class according to Roman mythology, which type of animal nurse Romulus and Remus?
Speaker 1: Wolf?
Speaker 3: Oh wolf wolf?
Speaker 1: Oh wolves, Oh wolf wolf pass. That would be six oh wolf update. I just want to work on an update here, I asked the computer world. Did the Romans have monkeys and cows?
Speaker 3: Yes? The Romans had both cows and monkeys.
Speaker 13: Thank you learn something every day here on the news Junkie. Two more questions remain Question seven now. On Tuesday, the UK Wireless Festival was canceled. Ceilane west Sonya West is correct. On Tuesday, the UK Wireless Festival was canceled, after which artists was barred from entering the country.
Speaker 10: Ceilane.
Speaker 13: Out of eight answers, how many do you think said yay ic whatever he's called wolf? Six, seven, seven for Sean seven and seven for Sabrina. Question seven, with answers of six and seven. On Tuesday, the UK was canceled, after which artist was barred from entering the country, Kanye West.
Speaker 2: Pass Kanye Yay.
Speaker 3: Travis Tritt.
Speaker 1: That would be four did they say Travis Trip.
Speaker 2: Stuff the Headlands?
Speaker 13: Well, to be fair, six knew the she Wolf and four new Kanye West.
Speaker 3: So it's not.
Speaker 1: That that controversial Travis Trit character.
Speaker 13: No points awarded. That means we go on to question eight. Let's take a look at the leader board. In first place, we have a tie seven points each Sea Lane Slash same as scam Rock and Sabrina Slash b Rockmore in third place with four points Sewn Slash Rock Junior, so just three points separating Sea Lane, Sabrina and Shawn. Question eight, now, what is the capital of the Dominicans?
Speaker 14: Sea Lane, the Dominican Republic? I assumed that he meant better, hope, So I can't name a damn place in the d r Hoderus That is incorrect.
Speaker 10: What is the sean Sean?
Speaker 3: Is it Santa Domingo?
Speaker 1: That is correct?
Speaker 10: Yeah, what is the capital of the Dominican Republic? The d R Sean?
Speaker 13: I like going back to that one. It's a fun one Sean. Out of eight answers, how many do you think? Said Santo Domingo Sunday.
Speaker 3: I think four people, four.
Speaker 13: Five, five for Sabrina four and four four Sea Lion Question eight with answers of four.
Speaker 1: And five, ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 13: This changes the game. And what is the capital of the Dominican Republic?
Speaker 3: Don't on Ticana? Oh my god, Santo Domingo.
Speaker 1: Santo Domingo, Santo Domingo, Domingo, Santa Domingo.
Speaker 10: That would be five.
Speaker 13: Sabrina is picking up two points, and Shawn and Sealane, with the guests of four each picking up one point, and that means in first place.
Speaker 10: Winning on the day.
Speaker 13: Sabrina Ambra with nine points, Slash b Rock More congratulations. In second place with eight point Seilane Slash Sammy Scamrock and in third place with six points Sean Slash Rock Junior, which means in first place.
Speaker 10: And still leading with ninety seven points.
Speaker 13: Christopher Lane in second place with eighty one points, Sabrina i'mbra and in third place with seventy two points Sean Lawson and that is Fritz on the street.
Speaker 3: Thank you fresh.
Speaker 1: Look at them go, somebody said, Sean looked at chat for the Santa Domingo. I've been there. I've been to the Dominican Republic. I've been to Santa Domingo. I knew that one I did. I didn't have to even, Oh, what's what's the movie where slum Dog Millionaire. I didn't have to slum Dog Millionaire myself through that, but I could have.
Speaker 3: Is it having been there kind of a slum dog?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing. Like the slum Dog Millionaire guy knew all the correct answers because you could pull from his personal experiences. But I knew it regardless. I still knew I didn't even have the slum dog. But if I did slum Dog, as they say I would have, I would have arrived the same, not from chat.
Speaker 3: What's up? All right?
Speaker 1: There he goes Fritz, the best of the best.
Speaker 3: Fritz's funhouse Trivia.
Speaker 1: Make sure you're checking the ambout every single week, and we'll see you next time.
Speaker 3: Fritz.
Speaker 1: He looks dapper today, by the way. You guys can't see him a lot of you, but he does. He looks fantastic looking.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: He's headed on out of here, all right. We are going to a quick break when we come back. I got more updates on the hookers in Hopetown story. What's happening there. More twists, more turns, all the rest. More about the people upset about these different giant networking facilities, the big AI facilities that they're building out there. An update and jury duty about that doctor Recusa kill his wife. Man. We got a lot to talk about and some drama to mix in, and that's all coming up next on the News Junkie. Many people who end up watching the Seawan YouTube are like, I couldn't go back to the other way. It's a spoiled kind of thing that happens when you start watching on the YouTube stream YouTube dot com slash the News Junkie. After that, you go, I can't go back to just watching this show now, it's regression. It's like going back to flying without Wi Fi or something. I can't do this, so you might as well take the lead. Just give it a shock over to the newsjunkie dot com. Quick update on the good take I talked about earlier where I said somebody had said, hey, I'm sure those gas prices will come down just as quickly as they went up now that oil is diving per barrel.
Speaker 3: Well about that.
Speaker 1: Here is the update on this from Axios News and they say the Iran ceasefire, which is shaky, but somehow holding on this ceasefire that the United States has with Iran and Israel and kind of some of the other countries that are involved in this. The story from Axio says it may bring gasoline relief by Friday. The analysts that are experts in this are saying you could, according to gas Buddy, see the prices going down by Friday.
Speaker 3: I am not holding my breath on this.
Speaker 1: Gas prices have climb more than seventy cents over the past month through the Iran conflict. The average national price for gases four dollars and fourteen cents. It could be below four dollars a gallon with in one or two weeks. But here's the thing. When it does happen, you want see stories about that. For instance, right now, I think I just saw either today or ye yesterday that egg prices were so low, like egg prices are at historic lows now, but nobody cares. They only care about egg prices when the egg prices are exploding and you go, holy cow, look how expensive eggs are.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable. I'm gonna have to waste some eggs. This weekend.
Speaker 1: Nobody, Nobody goes back and reports on this. Here's the story I liked about this, I said from polymarket, egg prices crash ninety seven percent from the March twenty twenty five all time high. They're now at a ten year low. So egg prices are at a ten year low. These are wholesale egg prices.
Speaker 3: I like this guy. I'm such an idiot. I bought two dozen eggs right at the top.
Speaker 1: That's such a great thing, is Danny Polishtik says on X. I'm such an idiot. I bought two dozen eggs right at the top egg prices.
Speaker 3: These are the whole sale.
Speaker 1: Egg prices are down ninety seven percent from that high they're at in March. But it doesn't really, it's not nothing makes the news when it's going down, necess Sarah.
Speaker 6: Less than a year ago, we were talking to someone who is selling very well They're at home chicken coop kit, because we thought it was never going to go back down again.
Speaker 2: Have an egg shortage.
Speaker 1: Forever still cool to have for a lifestyle choice. I have some neighbors who are doing a very rough cut of that. Really, yeah, yeah, the rough cut of that that they're.
Speaker 3: Doing I don't think they do.
Speaker 1: I don't think that they do necessarily. I got this Asian guy around the corner. I got to stop with this.
Speaker 2: I have to Asian neighbors.
Speaker 3: I have to stop with this.
Speaker 1: I thought that I had what I would call a perfect situation going where this show had a level of success. We can talk to a great, big audience every single day. But then nobody in my neighborhood knows who the hell I am. I've thought that to be the case, and that has seemed like it's been the case. But all of a sudden, out of the woodwork, all of these people in my neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Hey, bet Ay, Sean, Hey.
Speaker 1: And when I go for a walk or something, but John, I love this Jon today bad some guy yesterday. It's pouring down rain. I twist out on the street to go for a run, and as I'm leaving the driveway and I almost fall over, like I almost take a plummet, and this guy goes, hey, ne Jogie, and I go oh, and he's walking. He lives in my neighborhood. So there's there's more people in my immediate neighborhood all of a sudden that listen to the show.
Speaker 3: I didn't want that.
Speaker 1: I want zero ratings in my neighborhood and all of the ratings in every other neighborhood.
Speaker 3: I want every other neighborhood.
Speaker 1: I'm planet Earth to listen to the show aside from my neighborhood. Because now when I walk around here, I'm like, oh, great, these people are going to know look at that idiot. He's wearing a dumb shirt or whatever God only knows it's They don't have to.
Speaker 3: Know that you work for a radio station to think that that's true.
Speaker 1: But they now know more about me than I wanted them to because they so many people will be like, hey, it's the news junkie.
Speaker 3: Hey what's up buddy, Hey how you doing.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if I can talk a crap about them. And the Asian guy is kind of wacky. He's he doesn't he doesn't seem to have a problem with egg prices, but he just has chickens. He doesn't have a chicken coop, but he just has chickens. He lives right on a busy street and so the chickens are like running across the street and there there's chickens in his front yard. And the little kids in the house will be running out and like trying to It's.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable, unbelievable. I don't know if you can do that.
Speaker 1: Just have free range chickens in the city by your property. But this Asian dude who's got like a nice new house, he does.
Speaker 3: And I.
Speaker 1: Have plenty of people I want to call the city on. And lord knows, Courtney has people she wants to call the city on. She's a stickler for the rules. But these people are not on my list. I know they're not on the list. You can apply for a backyard chicken permit. You can, yes, really, you can have no more than four chickens hens only.
Speaker 3: No no gates or cages or nothing. I'm reading along. You can learn, sorry at the speed of meat.
Speaker 5: Roosters, ducks, geese, turkeys, pea fowl, pigeons or other birds are not allowed. What No pigeons, No pea fowl. So I guess the peacocks. They can't be pets. They just have to roam, you know, like they always do. You've got to live in a single family home. Chickens are not allowed on a duplex, triplex, town home, or multi family properties. They're not permitted in community gardens. They're not allowed to run free shown so that they're not they must be secured straight to jail. Maybe chickens must be kept for personal use. Breeding and selling chickens, eggs, feathers, a manure is prohibited.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you I'm not going to do anything about this because I don't want to start a fight. I already got enough problems going with the neighbors, and some of them knowing about the show. I don't want any more. But I'm multi pronged on the birds front. I saw because I'm a good human being, even though I talk on the show about how much I hate the stupid peacocks in my neighborhood.
Speaker 3: I saw this, this.
Speaker 1: P hen sitting out there right and one of the females and it's got a broken foot. And I stopped and it was it was in the middle of the road. It's raining right, the road's wet. I'm by myself out there going for my run, and this bird stares at me, and the peacock looked at me, and I saw in the eyes of this peacock it said, Sean, forget about our fight from one creature to another.
Speaker 3: I need your help right now.
Speaker 1: And I said, I got you, peacock, I got you, my guy.
Speaker 3: I hate you guys.
Speaker 1: You're annoying and loud and weird and you poop everywhere. But I got you because he is standing in the middle of road and he didn't want to move away from me. He didn't want to all ass because he only had one leg to stand on the other one that's completely broken, and he just stayed as I walked about six inches away from him, and I said, Okay, I see you, buddy, I see it. He's just out there in the road with broken ass foot on this p hen it's a female, so I go, it's.
Speaker 3: Not what a female peacock is called. No, what is it called?
Speaker 2: I can't say vagina?
Speaker 1: No, you're making stuff up now, are you saying?
Speaker 3: PP is of the P word PC?
Speaker 1: No, that's as it's not a.
Speaker 6: Pec Did you do you picked up the bird or you just took a picture of it.
Speaker 1: I took multiple photos of the bird, and that I did the research through AI in the middle of the street, in the middle of the rain, hanging out with my peacock pal here, and I said, I need some help. Where's the local bird rescue, and I got the number from the bird rescue and I texted the photographs to the bird rescue people, and I texted the street corner nearby and gave them all the information and they told me we don't do anything about peacocks. They are not animals that are supposed to be here.
Speaker 2: And it has been posted about already like weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were like, we're not helping them, and they go, you can, you can call these organizations. And I called the other organizations, and the organizations like, we don't care about peacocks. I was like, nobody cares about the peacock. The poor peacock got broken ass.
Speaker 3: Like a bird with a broken leg is done for.
Speaker 1: Not really, in this day and age, we have people who are pro cornhole champions and murderers and they have no arms or legs. So who knows what this peacock will end up doing. But I wasn't able to get him any help. I failed miserably in my attempt to you to rescue the peacock. I might have to out of its misery. And then I keep encountering have you seen this around this?
Speaker 3: The owl? And jealous.
Speaker 2: I was so jealous when I saw this posted.
Speaker 1: They're so cool there. It was just go to the park. The owl is at the park all the time. It's hands on top of the light fixture there.
Speaker 2: I think it's season coming up soon. We're gonna see a lot more of them.
Speaker 3: That would be awesome.
Speaker 1: I would love it if we had, because I don't like the peacocks. I made peace with the peacock to.
Speaker 3: Try to get him some help. The owl I'm all about, man.
Speaker 1: I was right, little owls are freaking a door, like, oh my god, I could get with that.
Speaker 3: I used to get.
Speaker 5: Owls in my backyard like a handful of houses ago. Did you the one where we did the fireworks that one time?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: We had like a table set outside with the umbrella on top, and every once in a while I would see an owl perched right on.
Speaker 3: Top of ull.
Speaker 2: The house you're in right now.
Speaker 3: Possibly, I don't know. There's a lot of room for owls. O.
Speaker 1: His backyard is so big, Sabrina, that he does not know. It's it's impossible for one to know with the yard so large.
Speaker 6: He tried to relate by going I had owls on my old house four houses ago.
Speaker 1: Ceilings like backyards so big. Now, there may be some elk back there. I one one couldn't be sure. On the grand estate that I live on the windows, who would maybe my long people run into them sometimes, Oh you mean on the far back there. We've still never made.
Speaker 3: The veg is what I call.
Speaker 1: It takes a fortnite to get all the way out there, so we're not unable to. While we're in our animal dump segment here.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wish I would have known we were doing a bird segment.
Speaker 3: I would have.
Speaker 1: I have one more animal related thing, and I think this is one of the most adorable things I've seen in a while. Do you guys remember the show Beef. The show Beef, which is about the person with road rage. It's back for another season and there's an animal in it. And at the premiere for Beef, they the little dog that stars in this new season of the TV series Beef showed up on the red carpet and it's so freaking cute. All right, nothing is better to me. It's a wiener dog on on the red carpet. It's like a gray carpet or blue crub. My favorite thing is the camera people talking to this dog like it can understand.
Speaker 2: Them its legs right now it is.
Speaker 1: It's up on its hind legs with its little paws up. This little Wiener dog from the next season of Beef. And I'll put this up on see it now. But I love the camera people, but can you do that again.
Speaker 3: One more time?
Speaker 1: Please? If you know it is the cutest little Wiener dog right here with you, shout out to the Wiener dog owners out there. Look at him, all the dash hoounders. What a handler standstarted, so amazing, so cute. I'm gonna get a photo of this to put it up on see it now, so you guys can take a look at this.
Speaker 2: Carl will never make the movies.
Speaker 1: Uh it's I mean, this is a special dog. This is a dog that is probably been beaten into submission over the years.
Speaker 5: I think Lexi would probably be a good extra in a movie they if they had such thing as dog extras, just because she likes to sit.
Speaker 3: Around and do nothing, and it's like a perfect it's perfect extra work.
Speaker 1: So in your mind, there's like other dogs in the background that aren't the focus character.
Speaker 3: They don't get any lines.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And if she screws up, you just sent her out to the back nine, just out there, never see her again it God only knows what gets her there. I've got the photograph now, I don't know why I'm calling it a photograph, but I've.
Speaker 3: Got the imagery. I've got to see it now boasting.
Speaker 1: We need a little nickel Back cover song like that Dog from New Beef season that I know. It doesn't sound like a hot click. It doesn't sound like a hot click, but trust me, it's a hot click, folks, and it's ready for you over on See it now, go look at this See it now over on the website news junkie dot com. There we go quick break when we come back jury duty and I got some good, good updates and jury duty. Then we'll give you the latest on the hookers in Hopetown, murder mystery. I got new updates and so much more on the way. It's coming up next on the News Junkie. Learn more about the show over on the website, and you can even belatedly or not. And we don't even have to be live for you to leave a dispatch.
Speaker 3: You can leave those around the clock.
Speaker 1: Send your thoughts over at thenewsjunkie dot com. By the way quick note, a new dispatch recorder coming to the websites probably in the next week or so. The one that's been on there for a while. Sometimes if you guys have different types of phones, like some Android phones, and different connections, and there's issues with the quality, which I hate, and I want to have more of you on the show through these dispatches. So I built another one myself that they're launching on the site next week, and the changes are as follows.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 1: There is a one minute limit with a countdown timer as you're recording your dispatch, and it'll tell you like, all right here you go, come on, get this, get get the story across.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 1: We don't have all day here. That's one thing. The other thing is it should be crystal clear. Now. I don't know, maybe there's some issues, but it should be crystal clear on all your glorious phone's fingers crossed right now. Let's get into it. Let's do jury duty. Court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to wip your ass.
Speaker 3: You're knowing jury.
Speaker 1: Duty with the news junkie crazy stories today. Honestly, what till we get into this and at the end of jury duty, I'll give you the update on that Hawaiian couple where the guy tried to kill his wife and push her off a cliff and then you end up putting a hinter with a rock and then the sun testified all that. I'll get you all caught up in just a moment, Jerry Dude. He brought to you by the one the only mode wit of the DeWitt Law Firm. Injured on the go, just call MO eight hundred, CALLMO eight hundred, CALLMO, or go to just callm dot com. After an accident, reach out to MOW and he's going to help you out and make sure that you're in a good shape while you go through the court system and go after those insurance companies. Eight hundred CALLMO, or go to just CALLMO dot com. A seventy five year old Brooklyn grandmother was beaten and had her face stomped on and kicked tell in her home's own front yard after asking two women to do something. It's one are these things that causes fights a lot. She asked these two women to do something and they beat up a seventy five year old grandma and they stomped on her face.
Speaker 3: What did she ask these people to do? Well?
Speaker 1: Linda Scott asked these two women to pick up their dogs poop in Brooklyn. They had their unleashed dogs running freely on the sidewalk, pooping everywhere. They're just pooping all over the place. The woman goes, can you please clean that up? One of her there are kids, the son Michael Scott.
Speaker 3: Her kid's name is Michael Scott Alorny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Michael Scott, and he says she's seventy five years old. Man, nothing warrants a beat down like that. If my neighbor didn't step in, we'd be talking about a murder right now, according to Michael Scott. Linda Scott was taken to the hospital. Doctor said she narrowly avoided suffering a heart attack due to the assault. Luckily she wasn't hitting the chest. She's had two heart surgeries. Shortly before the attack, the victim and her son were in their backyard arguing with two women, including the attacker, after the women's dogs defecated in a vacant lot adjacent to their home. A lot of sat empty and abandoned since a fire in twenty eleven. According to the victim's son. These people. The problem is when you start to go up to somebody who's got their dog on no leash. They got their dog just pooping on random yards. They're not picking it up. These are the type of animals who are also willing to kick an old lady in the face. So yeah, you gotta be careful. It's a dangerous front to be on. Speaking of dangerous, deputies are warning deputies are warning parents after kids on e bikes are playing a new version of an old game.
Speaker 3: And this is absolutely stupid. I saw this morning.
Speaker 1: I mean, you might think it looks fun, but it's a dangerous idea and a stupid one. And I think probably only two kids are doing it. But deputies warn parents after kids on e bikes are playing a real life version of Frogger and traffic. They're out there playing Frogger these kids, and authorities and Flagler County are urging parents to supervise their children. Good luck with that, Flagler County, please watch your kids. No deputy said. Kids were seen running into traffic, climbing on park structures, and riding electric bikes across restricted areas. Some of them were playing a life version of the game Frogger, creating a dangerous situation for both drivers and pedestrians. About thirty or so middle school age children were responsible for this, and there's no way to fix this save for punishing the parents, because we have so many parents of these, like middle school age kids that hands off just go out, but nothing we can do about it, and just the kid and the kids go, oh, my parents don't care. And we all grew up with at least one friend where their parents didn't care. And in my case, that kid was smoking Marlboro Reds at eleven, and you know, buying prostitutes at fifteen.
Speaker 5: And you know there's somebody who bought prostitutes at fifteen.
Speaker 1: I think so. I think he was up to that. His name is Joel, and Joel was the kid man. Joel was my friend, and his parents didn't care. And all the Joels are bad, Yeah, all the Joels Joel's are not great. And Joel is the kid who also brought his father's filthy magazines to class and then put them into his desk. And then I was looking at one and he was looking at one, and we both got in trouble in third grade.
Speaker 2: And then over the pants stuff with Joel had.
Speaker 1: A lot of Joels, a lot of Joel's out there. But Joel was a problem kid because his parents didn't care. And when the the parents don't care, it turns into all these kids.
Speaker 3: Look at Chicago.
Speaker 1: All the violence that you see in Chicago, all on the South Side, mostly in the same neighborhoods. As the thing that they have in common most of them. People will start to make arguments like, so it's because they're poor Sean. Racists will be like, because Shawn is because they're all black, because they're in gang Sean. The thing that they all have them one hundred percent of them in common, is that they have parents that are paying no attention to what they're doing.
Speaker 3: And so that's why they end up at.
Speaker 1: Twelve years old with the gun robbing places because nobody is telling them.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 1: They don't have a father in their life much less of you know, a mother who's like doting on them or punishing them, doing all the things you need to just a catastrophe. A Florida man has been arrested after pranking a deputy. Here's what happened. A South Florida man went into a store and went up to a police officer, a sheriff's officer at in academy sports. He goes, you got to check this out. Alexis Martinez Arisala, twenty five years old, approached the officer and.
Speaker 3: Said, you got to look at this.
Speaker 1: Somebody's busting into your police car right now, here's the video of it. And he showed the video to the sheriff's officer of some people breaking into his vehicle. Two individuals were entering the vehicle. The problem was when the comp went outside, the whole thing was fake. He made the video with AI. They arrested him for fabricating evidence, which I've never heard of this before, but that's kind of crazy to consider. Yeah, he fled to San Juan, Puerto Rico and they brought him back. He's facing charges of fabricating physical evidence in the case.
Speaker 5: And finally that MAUI doc didn't he fabricate digital evidence?
Speaker 3: He did?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he fabricated digital whether they say it's specifically physical huh?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And also also is it evidence if there's no case yet.
Speaker 1: He's just a lawful use of a two way community to communicate, excuse me, a lawful use of a two way communication device. I can see that making a false report, I can see that, but yeah, fabricating physical evidence. But out on the mo list, that's a weird one. That's a very strange one. The Maui doctor who was accused of trying to kill his wife on a hike was found.
Speaker 3: Guilty by a jury. We all knew it was going to happen.
Speaker 1: Found guilty of attempted manslaughter. And this was the one where he tried to push her off the mountain and then he ended up smashing a rock on her head. And his own son testified against him in the courtroom. Pretty dramatic altogether. He closed his eyes and bowed his heaving. The verdict was ready faces twenty years in prison. When we come back, we'll get our updates in on the Hookers in Hopetown story. This couple out on the water Rocky Seas in the storms and they go missing. The woman goes missing. They say at least her husband does that she went overboard, but there's a lot of people thinking that he murdered her. The latest details coming up next on the news Chunkie. The story I've been following here, the Hookers in Hopetown, which is about this couple last named Hooker. They were in Hopetown of the Bahamas, and they went out on this little eight foot boat to get to their sailboat, and it was in really bad weather, in a storm, and the husband said, oh, my wife just fell overboard. I threw her a life preserver, but the waves got to be too big and I had to paddle back, and she had the keys attached to her, so you know, the boat wasn't worth workin anymore after she flopped out of it. And then very quickly we all became a bit suspicious of this guy. Now there's some stuff that goes to back up his case, but there's some stuff that makes this guy also look like maybe he had something to do with this. And the daughter of this woman who's missing and presumed dead is still speaking out in this case. And the daughter says that her mom did not just fall overboard.
Speaker 3: She doesn't believe it.
Speaker 1: The NBC news story says daughter of American woman missing in the Bahamas says mother was unlikely to.
Speaker 3: Quote just fall overboard. Carly Aylesworth.
Speaker 1: That's the daughter described her brother, Lynette Hooker fifty five, as an experienced mariner. She knew what she was doing out there. On the high seas, says the daughter. The daughter says, I don't believe the.
Speaker 5: Official story here an experienced mariner, but never drove.
Speaker 1: She drove at least out one time in that way. One picture on the little dinghy. Now, who was the one? Do you call it driving when it's a sailboat or do you call it sailings? I guess you would call it sailing instead. You wouldn't call it driving a sail boat. That seems like a dummy thing, right, I don't want to say that because people sale people will make fun of me. Carly Aylesworth, also calling him sale people will probably be enough to make fun of me. To begin with, Carly Aylesworth described her mother, Lynette Hooker fifty five, as an experienced mariner in a fit person. She was in good shape, she sang, who was unlikely to just fall off the boat. But that's what her husband, Brian Hooker fifty eight, has said has happened to her during this dinghy ride from Hopetown to Elbow, k according to local authorities. Then when he called her, he sounded quote monotone and relaxed. I was in shock, I said, my mom's missing. What Brian Hooker has not responded to NBC News's request for comment. He wrote Wednesday morning on a Facebook post that he was heartbroken over the res boat accident in unpredictable season high winds that caused my beloved Lynette to fall from our small dinghy near Lbok and the Bahamas. Again, that whole statement from him goes in the column against him. That was not great, to say the least. This is the next bit from the husband. He says, despite desperate attempts to reach her, the winds and currents drove us further apart. We continue to search for her and that is my sole focus in the moment. However, the authorities in Bahamas and the authorities in the United States of America both decided that they were going to push forward a criminal investigation against this guy. Now he's saying, what did he use the word unequivocally? He said he had nothing to do with it. Yeah, he didn't do it. Wasn't me, he said, absolutely, was not me. And somebody says, do you think this would be such a viral story if it wasn't for the hookers in Hopetown headline? That's only me pushing that so far. If I could get the media writ large, all the other people out there to buy into the Hookers and Hope Town the headline for this. I think that would work. That would be good. It would be second best to Kedemine Queen from earlier in the show. He added that his family is deeply grateful for audios involved. And what they did was the old you know, the oldest trick, the oldest trick in the book for law enforcement is that they go, we just want to.
Speaker 3: Talk to you.
Speaker 1: Your wife is gone, and I mean make sure we get the right information for me.
Speaker 3: Of course, of course I got nothing hid, I'll talk to you.
Speaker 1: And then the cops think that he did it the whole time, and they start leaning in and asking them questions. These Bahamian police officers probably dealt with something like this before. They documented part of their Bahamas trip on their TikTok and Instagram pages. Called the Sailing Hookers was the name of their their TikTok post. The last post over there had them sailing to Great Gowana, Ka as one of places they're playing this. Yeah, so they uh playing a little bit of a yacht rock on what they call their yacht, a very big sailboat and they're showing their mission around the Bahamas and Goana Ka and the Abbatue.
Speaker 2: Good thing going here.
Speaker 3: I did. It's beautiful.
Speaker 6: Actually, yeah, And they've been together for a long time a dingy because they were not getting.
Speaker 2: The views that they had hoped for. After all, maybe go pro videos somewhere to go.
Speaker 1: The more I see it this dinghy, the more I see the dinghy, the more dinghy like it looks. But did you see Hang on, let me go back to the beginning of this real quick. I'm showing this over on the stream on YouTube, and I'll pause this at the part that I was talking about. Okay, here's the map. They're showing themselves moving around the Bahamas. These are the you know hookers in Hopetown. Beautiful boat, just gorgeous sailboat that they're sharing their time on here retirement, I'm sure. And then here they are on the little dinghy.
Speaker 3: All right. Who's driving here?
Speaker 1: She's they're both. They're both by the motor because you don't have any choice to be anywhere else. They're both buy it. She's got a camera in her hand. She's got one of those three D cameras. That's what she's filming this stuff on three sixty three sixty it is yeah, it's like we want to there's like a pole, you know, hould the pole up in there? She's filming their adventures on this. Before this, there was nobody interacting with their stuff. Unfortunately for her. Now there's some interactions and she's.
Speaker 3: No longer around.
Speaker 1: Ooh, ooh, we got something. We got some dramatic comments over here. Another person in the sailing community, sailing Cat says, ugh, yep, swells have been nasty since the front, with another coming on the way we draw four feet of swells on this day. Then somebody says, damn, he did it. So very sorry for your loss, Very sorry. My deepest condolences is that the same comment somebody says, awesome posts, keep them coming about that. I saw an article in the New York Post. May she rip. That's tragic. Rest in peace. Look like y'all was living your best life. Sad to see what happened to you, beautiful. I'm very sorry for your lost. Almost every one of these posts was post them going missing, except for that Sailing Cat lady when she said the swells have been nasty since the front with another coming this was the day before she went missing. Then the sailing hookers responded about the nasty swells. I know, we'll be returning to MH, which I'm assuming is marsh Harbor, right. Yeah, we kept the mooring ball for the blow. That's sailor stuff. I'm hoping this is the last one. We need to start looking for a weather window to head back. Unfortunately. And then the other sailing person, sailing Cat, said, I know, so they're talking back and forth in the sailing community about what was going on, And she said, yeah, I know, it's really bad, really bad, but they still got in their little.
Speaker 2: Dinghy and no they know better than them.
Speaker 1: Seems like why, like, wouldn't you if it was really bad, just stay yeah, maybe stay.
Speaker 3: The night even I just don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what people in these communities do because I'm not in the sailing community obviously.
Speaker 6: I mean, I did not grow up on a sailboat. I do not know anything about it. But my dad loved his boat and we would go on it very often to the Bahamas, even and very bad storms, even with the little dinghy that we had. You do not go out on it if you either stay anchored in or get close to the shore. But there's no way in hell they would take an eight foot dinghy out into the ocean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, there might not have been a lot of places for them to stay if that was the you know, the option they were looking at.
Speaker 3: And they sure they were on shore. They were on shure.
Speaker 1: Then they got in the dinghy. They were going to their sailboat. From the dinghy in the middle. Du uh, well wherever it was, I don't know this thing was. You know where they had the sailboat. I would assume was that harbor or the Abbot. Yeah, I think that's what they were. Where they were heading was to one of the harbor's Sean on YouTube says, this is all made up, ass Well, I mean, nothing about this is made up. The story that we know is that the woman is currently missing but probably presumed dead, that there was a back and forth in history with this guy, maybe he's made some comments that her daughter didn't like. Her daughter doesn't seem to believe the story that he tells, which is that she just fell off and went overboard. He says he's totally innocent. He says he tried to save her. The daughter says, I don't think that was the case. Those are all absolutely positively truths about this story. The rest are things that will probably learn along the way. But the idea that the Bahamian police in the United States the FEDS are investigating this as a crime right now, which is what they're doing, shows you that they probably think that people who are second guessing him might be on the right track, or at least they want to ask more questions.
Speaker 3: So nothing, no of that is fake. That's all very very much true, and that'll have to do it.
Speaker 1: The cops told Brian Hooker, though, that he was not a suspect in his wife's disappearance. Now it kind of looks like it because he was questioned by the police for over three hours. In this case, I let's go to you. Let's get some dispatches in. I've been quite bad about the dispatches today, but I think I can work in a few. Here is this is dead Dad Tim, All right, Dead Dad Tim. He's talking about something we discussed yesterday on the show.
Speaker 15: What's going On Junkies NY So listening to yesterday's podcast and he, guys, we're having a discussion about the whole lift Morgan live segment between her and Rock sand Oh. So the lady running into frames shoving live, that is Stephanie the care She is the Currants Women's World Champion and she is set to face Lift Morgan at WrestleMania.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's talking about the WWE women where their heads smacked together and you can hear.
Speaker 5: Their goals, big ol' honk and hematomas on each head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they ended up with these massive bruises on them. And there was two of the WWE women talking to each other and then another one went in and smacked against them and it hit their heads together.
Speaker 6: And then threw the one who was the worst golf ball size into a TV as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there wasn't enough, just that they hit their skulls together. The bit did not stop there. So that's what he's talking about.
Speaker 15: I believe it's next weekend or the following weekend. Over the past several months, they have been building this story and it's been getting very cheeted and very personal. Within the last several weeks, I think Stephanie unintentionally gave a little extra umph and that shove.
Speaker 1: Oh it could be Yeah, Well he's saying is getting heated and it was arranged that she was supposed to shove this woman, but maybe maybe she was a little mantle here. She shoved a little bit harder than she should. Wrestling talk, Yeah, I mean, I know we don't usually end up on wrestling talk. I know nothing about WWE stuff that's not my territory, so usually stay away from it.
Speaker 3: But I did think that clip was interesting. I stand by that for sure.
Speaker 2: To watch the big match.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's not No, it's not gonna be on my radar, I think, but if something cool happens about it and there's a clip or something afterwards, I'm certainly interested in seeing what happened. There a lot of people reaching out about the peacock situation, the peacock in my neighborhood.
Speaker 3: I'll look at those.
Speaker 1: There's some suggestions of places that might be able to help out, some experts, some wildlife people. Thank you very much for sending those. I really do appreciate that, and I will reach out and ask those people if they can help that peacock. Brenda emails the show talking about the hookers and uptown in the murder mystery case. I want to know how big her life insurance policy was, and I thought about the sharks right away, says this person. Yeah, there are sharks in this area of the Bahamas, so much so that when we were there, the power was out, and when the power was out, it went on for a while, and they had like in their local newspaper, they said, the power will continue to be out because there's sharks swimming around the area where there's like a broken cable, and so that because of.
Speaker 5: The sharks, I'm sort of part of the generator that needed replacing or fixing. There's something like that, whatever, whatever needed repair was underwater and there were sharks around it, and they said, we can't do anything about it. So did her husband, I think so, this person says, they think her husband knew about the sharks. If there's no body, how long could he be jailed for because there's no proof in that case.
Speaker 3: Love y'all, Happy Friday Eve.
Speaker 1: It'll be a big deal. If they find the body in this case, that will be a game changer. But the problem is if he didn't murder his wife, all right, If he didn't murder his wife and she just was bobbing into the water with no life preserver in the storm, it's possible that you never find her body because sharks, because the weather could pull her out and bring her god knows where. You may never see her body for that, or if he did intentionally do all of this, he may have made it so you don't ever see her body again on purpose. So there's two things working against them.
Speaker 5: Why they stopped off at that little place for dinner to have iron weights, you know, just iron weight soup.
Speaker 1: True a little fast goes right to the bottom, tips the news Junkie dot Com k emails, Hello junkies, I hope all is well. My thoughts on the overboard situation of the Bahamas aar. If I was wanting to get rid of or kill somebody, I'd probably take them out under the same weather, high waves and drinking getting drunk conditions as he did, as to make my intentions appear to be an accident, says.
Speaker 2: Kay, question trying to murder anybody.
Speaker 1: He's essentially doing the always sunny bit here, you know, because of the implications is.
Speaker 5: What he is doing that except that you know, if your whole goal is to get rid of somebody, and you're like, you know what I'm gonna do? Take them out in very dangerous weather. Well that could boase a significant risk to you as well.
Speaker 3: It could.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we still are at the beginning of this case. There's a lot of twists and turns, and I'm interested to see what happens next, and we'll keep you updated on that for sure. When we come back, I've got clips galore. We'll do a grab bag segment because I was just looking and I said, damn, I have so many things that we have not gotten to. One of the things I'll play for you when we come back is something we have been cheering on. We have been cheering it on, but things are taking a turn. What is it you're gonna find out that's coming up next on the News Chunky. You can always get the podcast, Hey, podcasters out there in podcast land, you could always get the podcast over at thenewschunkie dot com. As we roll on in the show, or even watch everything look into the featured section of the website, which is at thenewsjunkie dot com. Okay, Sabrina sent over an update on the armless Legless guy who was also a corn Hoole champion, who is also accused of murdering his friend after getting in a fight in his car trying to get his friends covered up, but they didn't want to do that.
Speaker 3: That guy. Uh.
Speaker 1: The problem is, last time I played a video of this guy, I.
Speaker 2: Got conn sending it over.
Speaker 3: But there is.
Speaker 1: Uh, I'll be very careful. Last time I played a clip from this guy, he looks like he has boobs when he is upside down.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He when when I played the clip from him last time, it ended up with a week long ban on YouTube because YouTube is like, you can't stream with guns, and I'm like, I am not the armless legless man. I am not streaming with guns. In the new video, the mpute murder suspect snorts off of a dollar bill and you can imagine what was on that probably and then shot a gun out the window. I'm not gonna play it here just because I don't want to risk it. It's not worth it.
Speaker 2: But he definitely going on in that clip.
Speaker 3: Dayton James Weber is the what do you have at me? Looking at what you're looking at? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You can show this, Yeah, this is the This is him upside down. And then somebody who's filming has a dollar bill and they're putting it by his nose and he snorts whatever's on that dollar bill, and then he goes over to the window and he grabs a gun and starts shooting. And somebody says, this is this video is f crazy. The guy's insane. He's definitely a strange individual. Yeah, and he's into some stuff, but now he's up on a murder charge. Dayton James Weber, the quadruple amputee who finds himself at the center of a murder case. All right, let's see, I got a couple other things that I wanted to work in here. We have been cheering on something, and I got bad news about the thing we've been cheering on. We've been cheering on something repeatedly on the show called the grappler, and the grappler is such an interesting invention. Police across the country have been starting to install this on their vehicles, and whether there's a police chase like Batman or something, the cop car pulls up behind the vehicle, shoots the grappler at the car and then reels the car in and stops the police chase before anybody can get hurt. And it has worked out so great in so many cases. Unfortunately, this is not one of those cases. The grappler back in action on the show. This is in California. I'm looking at the police car behind a vehicle here and they're trying to grapple.
Speaker 12: It in excess of a safe speed.
Speaker 1: Now what the The car that they were trying to grapple here in California did not get pulled in Like all the other cases that we've seen, a vehicle traveling, it slid off and crashed into a wall and then crashed into another wall, almost hit a house.
Speaker 3: Know what the protocol is for?
Speaker 1: Uh? This guy over here is just shocked out of his mind. He was along the side of his house when he lives right along an interstate and a car crashed into the wall right by his house. The grappler did not work out this time. Is that the same grappler we've been watching though?
Speaker 5: I thought they shot something into the car and it like latches.
Speaker 3: This one's a little bit slows it down. This one scoops it. They try to scoop it. This this's a different thing. Usually we're seeing like a toe cable or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the Batman shooting out something and then it instincts on the car and then they pull it in and in this case, they try to scoop up the tires and then we're going way too fast and so this car just crashed through this wall. Unfortunately it didn't go well for all involved. There. Man and his backyard was seen running just as the car made contact with the wall. It's unclear if the suspect is injured, but the grappler or grappler light, I don't even really know if that's the actual grappler itself not going as well as it could have in that situation. Also file this under excellent posts. Johnny Micro how many?
Speaker 3: How many? Put?
Speaker 1: You got sixty seven thousand views on this? He deserves more. Johnny Micro posted gimme fuel, gimme fire, give me all your fing money. And it's Metallica's upcoming concert. Where's the mohegan Son Arena? Where is it's? Is that the one that's in Connecticut? Or is that Las Vegas? Mohegan's Son Arena is where Metallica is playing. But that's a Sino Yeah, uncas Field, Connecticut. Give me fuel, give me fire, give me all your fing money. And it shows the Metallica show. I'm trying to see what the cheapest one that I'm looking at, is one thousand, one hundred and twelve is the lowest price? Yeah, for one crappy seat to this Metallica concert. One hundred twelve dollars for a good seat three thousand, seven hundred and forty seven dollars.
Speaker 2: Is that all your sale, give me.
Speaker 3: Fire, get all your fing weeting.
Speaker 5: It looks like the seats are going for more than like what looks.
Speaker 3: Like the floor.
Speaker 1: The floor is one thousand, eight hundred and five for like the pit area around the stage.
Speaker 3: Is that I wonder if there's.
Speaker 5: Something about those thirty seven hundred dollars seats that is included in it or something maybe arena it only holds ten thousand people. That's kind of low for a Metallica concert.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a that's a tighter Metallica concert. But still if every every ticket we're looking at, and I love how it says amazing by some of the prices amazing. Only twelve hundred and sixty nine dollars to see Metallica play at the Mohican.
Speaker 3: Sun are amazing compared to the thirty seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Tickets I guess so, Yeah, it's amazing in comparison to just how unhinge the other tickets.
Speaker 5: On bottom right, the one, one, and twelve dollars tickets have gone down.
Speaker 1: It's got a green arrow pointing down next to why not dollar signs.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it means good. Right.
Speaker 1: Are you a Metallica fan who also works the minimum wag wage job? Well, guess what. That's what Klarna and after pay services are there for. You buy this today and then in just nine hundred and forty eight payments you could pay off your Metallica tickets.
Speaker 3: They used to be twenty.
Speaker 1: Dollars, but now they're a lot more. For the Mohegan Sun Arena, I.
Speaker 5: Think there's a pretty popular venue for tours to hit, even though it's a little bit on the small side and like part of a casino.
Speaker 6: I would love to see how that concert ends up. As far as audience numbers, are there really that many people they're willing to pay over a thousand dollars to be in there?
Speaker 3: If they are, that's okay.
Speaker 1: Imagine the average seat is twelve hundred bucks and they have ten thousand people in there.
Speaker 3: That's that's big money. That is a.
Speaker 2: Big good show.
Speaker 3: You're pulling in a.
Speaker 1: Lot of money, pulling this off. I think, well, we'll see when you think about this Metallica fans, would you pay that much? That seems a little steep to me. Another thing I wanted to match because it's going viral out there this week. There's an article from slash Film that's getting a lot of attention and it's about a show that's gained some popularity as of late. And the show is called The Pit. Many of you might have seen The Pit, love it, and I think this is so true. The headline is many fans of the show The Pit are proving that yes, it's possible to be bad at watching.
Speaker 3: A TV show.
Speaker 1: And it goes into the culture of people people who watched this show and how absolutely unhinged many of them are. Many of the fans of this show The Pit, whether it's like wanting more and like having unreasonable expectations out of some of the characters that they are attracted to, wanting storylines because they're used to Gray's Anatomy or something that are different than The Pit wants to offer you. Because from what I could tell, The Pit is kind of trying to be realistic, so the story on the Pit isn't as far fetched as you might see in some other story it would be something that would be so unbelievable.
Speaker 5: There are some out there storylines and just stuff that happens in the show. I think they're kind of going a little I thought they were going a little extreme on some of the stuff that happens. There's always, without a doubt, a moment watching the Pit where I go, thank god we weren't eating, thank god dinner is over. There are some gross moments in that show.
Speaker 6: You're not going to connect those storylines because the whole premises each episode is one hour of the shift, and granted it is very from what I understand, very realistic as far as the medical issues. It's a lot for one day, but you're not going to get the fan fiction that a lot of people are trying to drum up, Like there's one moment where these two doctors are in the same scene and you know there's sexual tension, can't wait to see them bang it out, and it's not going to happen.
Speaker 1: I've seen some clips of this show that were very cringe like super political moments that they've worked into the Pit that I was like, oh my, like so ham fisted and clumsy and but people really do like it. There's a lot of people that do like it. We haven't had that experience. You didn't see that, did you see the ice clip?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I haven't that bad.
Speaker 1: It was like so to me, just so humsily wrapped into this show where they the doctor at the hospital is like arrested by ice in the middle of the shift at the hospital. It's like to me, that seemed cringe to each their own. I'm sure you know you have a different take on it from you, but I thought that was cringe, especially a separated on its own. The clip that I watched the first episode that I try to watch, I just it wasn't for me. I mean, I don't dislike hospital based shows, but it didn't pull me in like it did a lot of other people. But I will tell you something genius about it, all right, for you pit lovers. You don't need to torch me alive here because I'm not on board with your show. I will tell you something genius about it. When they do a show like this, it's really easier for them to crank out episodes because almost all of it occurs within a set of a hospital, and they can film at three am. Or three PM or any time. So while other show are struggling so hard to try to get another season out, and they'll maybe release the season of their show and then maybe three years later you might see another season and people forgot about what was going on. The Pit is the only one that consistently cranking out content now because of the way that they film it, and that is a pretty smart thing to do for a show like that. This is what's troubling to me is some viewers seem to be treeing The Pit like a puzzle to be solved. They approached the show the way fans used to be. Become obsessed with the show lost that one didn't go well in the end, a mystery box series that became appointment viewing and broke everybody's TV watching brains in the process. Unfortunately, I think this program many viewers to assume all shows released in the wake of Loss were following this blueprint. The Pit is not a mystery box show. They say, there's a whole thing about this. They go into ripping apart fans of The Pit for being way too intense, usually the characters that they see on screen.
Speaker 5: I mean, as far as trying to solve the puzzle. Usually that's my wife thing when we're watching TV or or especially a movie or something.
Speaker 1: What did we Oh, we watched Scream seven the other day. Uh well, I mean it's is that the newest one?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 5: And uh she said, you know, it was act one and they're introducing the different characters and stuff, and they come by somebody and she goes, that's the murder.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's, that's the murderer.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: I wasn't super invested in Scream seven. I was probably on my laptop half.
Speaker 3: At the time.
Speaker 5: And then I I got up and went to the bathroom and while I'm peeing and I had left the door open, and she's.
Speaker 1: Like, I do it.
Speaker 3: I called it the whole time. Okay, it the whole time.
Speaker 1: That movie went on forever. Man, Okay, we're gonna take a quick break and when we come back, we're gonna do this. We're gonna do the final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut, and of course today learn to wrap everything up for a Thursday. That's all coming up next on the News Junkie on the Way Out, Final Dispatches Stories that didn't make the cut and today learned to wrap everything up for a Thursday. We'll see what you got for us in the last minute. Here, let's you know, let's get into the final dispatches first, since I've been bad at those.
Speaker 3: Today, as per usual, are.
Speaker 5: The final dispatches, but Sean will probably ownly table.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you we have a little more time than yesterday because Sea Lane didn't screw up her timing once again on the show, but still still limited. Still limited in the time, so we can all more limited.
Speaker 10: For stuff it was.
Speaker 3: I can keep going.
Speaker 1: I'd like to play this dispatch, but now you're really sandbagging me here. All right, I'm gonna play this. Not that one, No, not that one. Here's a daddy, Daddy two times, daddy.
Speaker 3: Two times with the dispatch. Hello, one of us, wasson one of us.
Speaker 12: You now know how a lot of callers felt when the station first got the ability to identify those calling in. Right, even though you may be saying something that is truthful, that is honest, that makes perfect sense.
Speaker 1: Now that the hosts and co hosts, no, it's.
Speaker 3: You that said it.
Speaker 12: You're like, oh man, did I did.
Speaker 3: I say that the right way? Should I have said that I don't know. I say that all the time.
Speaker 1: It is bro Yeah, all kinds of things come back to haunt me, and not not right or wrong. More so just like, oh God, I could have phrasing phrasing Sean, we could have done that in a different way. But that'll have to do it. That'll be the last one. Let me see if they emails need to come in. So many people helping me with the peacock situation, I swear to God, I will call the people that you have suggested. I will try to do the best by this peacock. Let's see what we have for stories that didn't.
Speaker 3: Make the cut. If there's anything else the peacock. The peacock is hurting man.
Speaker 1: He's got a busted ass leg, got a busted leg boots, he says. Wtf is he talking about? I don't know exactly what he was referring to.
Speaker 2: They're got the leg off right, so don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know what Daddy two times was talking about specifically there, but I guess it's just about, uh, something coming back to haunt you or something. I'm sure he's I'm sure he's talking about something specific. The Iranian ceasefire is still shaky, but I guess hanging out because when I look at the markets, it's good news over there. The Dow is still not at fifty thousand, but it's getting closer by the day, up two hundred and seventy four points. Right now at forty eight four four oh one. K's rocketing back a little bit. Let's get to that fifty thousand mark, though, shall we. I would like that. I would think that would be to hear.
Speaker 5: Speaking of Pam BONDI that she's trying not to testify at this thing she was subpoenad for, because she says she was subpoened as the attorney general and now that she's not Attorney general anymore, she doesn't have to show up.
Speaker 1: Okay, I saw it. I saw some stories about that, and I didn't I couldn't tell if they didn't want her anymore, or if it was like she was saying, I'm not in that job anymore. I think she's still gonna have to testify, though.
Speaker 5: I think that's what they're trying to get. You know, they're pushing for it.
Speaker 1: They don't care if you're now in that job. They care about. The thing they're investigating is Congress if.
Speaker 5: You were listen. It's a bold attempt cotton. Let's see if it pays off. Maybe it does.
Speaker 3: Let's see. I let's get the hell out of here. Let's do today A learned.
Speaker 12: The following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase.
Speaker 3: Your IQ, So don't get cocky.
Speaker 10: Now it's done.
Speaker 3: What we call today.
Speaker 1: It is today learned for a Thursday, April ninth, twenty twenty six. Thanks for being with us, everybody, love you appreciate to Secret Shows. Is Friday this week. It's Friday, not tonight. Friday is when Secret Shows will be live in the studio where I'm at right now. But for now today, learn this guy right here, Billy Ocean is right. Yes, indeed, Billy Ocean has a third small extra lung. I guess I've heard of that before. He got three of them. He's got three lungs. He was born in Trinidad and Tobago, beautiful place to Violet and her husband Hainsley Charles, a Grenadian musician. And look at him now, How amazing is Billy Ocean songs like this one and other ones.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for hanging out with us. We do appreciate it.
Speaker 1: We're back to our same time, same place. Listening to the show, Get the podcast at thenewsjunkie dot com. We'll see you next time. Everybody else all inside,