Speaker 1: I'm Katy w b ooh, that sounds really good. Chips and salsa or chips and casa. While you're thinking about that one, I've got a keyword for you. This is the last day that our show is doing, and I think he continues this weekend. So play the game, win that trip.
Speaker 2: Let's take a trip before or yes to win a trip to Los Angeles to see Sabrina Carpenter at one of our sold out shows happens now.
Speaker 1: I'm katwb talk.
Speaker 2: That's the keyword please, that's please on our iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: So go do that, even if you've done it before. Every time you do it is another chance to win that trip, which we'll draw for in a couple of days. On Katie, It'll be good luck. Shyla, we've been talking about have your ears been ringing? We've been talking about you, Sheila.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good morning morning.
Speaker 1: So Shla was I think it was a couple of days ago we heard from a movie said we got to have you tell your story on the radio. Sila. I don't want to take it away or steal your thunder, but you were done with your marriage, you were out the door. Tell me about what happened. In the process and what's going on now?
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, I was. I was thinking about divorcing my husband.
Speaker 5: You know, he's like he's fine, he's.
Speaker 4: He's just kind of dull, kind of boring. And I started thinking like, hmm, what if there was, like, you know, somebody else out there that that if I was, if I was single, if I was free, if I was able to figure out who i'd want to be with. Uh, I kind of thought that I would just be looking for the same man as my husband.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, so you're making like a list of like qualities that you want in a man or something if you ended up leaving him.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like you know, if I I would want somebody who's like a steady eddy that's my husband, you know, I would I would want somebody that's involved with with myself on our son. My husband coaches te ball for her son, Like he's you know, he's we don't fight, we don't have any financial problems. But I was just like, you know, I was thinking about this, and I was like, instead of going through all the divorce, if you meet somebody that you know kind of checks all the boxes and you think, oh, that could work. Just think like, maybe don't get divorced. Maybe your husband's fine.
Speaker 1: And you know, I think I think I get what she's saying. You can think about this one if you broke up, and I want you to picture this. If you're married right now, and maybe you're you know, there's a lot of marriages that are okay, there's some that are wonderful, and there's a lot that are like, we're kind of roommates. Think about this if you were single, because I think what she's saying is if you're single and you're like out dating again and you met somebody who was like kind of like your current partner, would you go like, they're kind of a catch. You know, they're they're just different, they're steady, addy, they do you know, they're involved with the kids. But you wo had said you didn't say this now because maybe you got shy about it. You said you want a guy with a sex drive, but not somebody who wants it all the time. Yes, okay, all right, So you want a guy who's like, you don't want a guy who doesn't have any kind of a sex drive. But you don't want a guy who's like, you know, you can't even like bend over the kitchen sink or empty the trash without him being like, hey, let's go what So.
Speaker 4: Is that normal that way?
Speaker 1: So he's like, yeah, he has the drive, but not all the time. So then you start to realize if you were out dating and you met somebody on hinge that was a steady eddy, maybe a little bit dull, wasn't you know, like always you know, pestering you for the love, and you'd be like, this guy's quite a catch. Oh wait, that's my husband.
Speaker 3: I already have that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, here comes mister Cinek over here. I just feel something to say.
Speaker 7: I should never be in a thought process where I'm like, maybe I should get a divorce, because if I get to that point, then I don't think there.
Speaker 8: Is saving it.
Speaker 7: I think, you know, if you think you should get a di vorcee, then it should happen.
Speaker 6: Though I really disagree because like there's so many like chances when you're even in just a relationship prior to marriage, where you're like, is this the one right for me?
Speaker 8: And it's a lot of self sabotage.
Speaker 7: You said it right there before marriage, when you when you marry somebody, you make vows to commit for better or for worse, for Richard, for poor, for all those things.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but there's fifty percent divorce rate.
Speaker 9: I think.
Speaker 10: I think it's hard to say. Like us three on the show, Dave's been married for a long time. We have never been in a super super super long relationship, So I don't think we can necessarily relate to someone. I don't know how long you've been married, Chaila, but like, if you've been in a relationship for fifteen years, like, does it change?
Speaker 8: Does it?
Speaker 1: Like Lauren?
Speaker 7: No, it changes for sure. But I think that you made a commitment to be with this person. I'm not going to get too a marriage considering that it might end one day.
Speaker 1: I think that it is a very that's a commitment to I think if it's a religious ceremony, I think it's a commitment to God. I don't think you should commit to ten years of a happy marriage and thirty more years of being miserable with each other.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So a lot of people are texting in that this is the Pina Colada song, which is what I thought.
Speaker 1: And I never knew that you like Pini by the way, Pina, and she said, I never knew that part of the song was like, because he walked into the bar and he's like, oh, it's you.
Speaker 6: So the song is that these two people they put out like ads because they want to find someone else outside of their marriage, so they're looking to cheat. But then when they fulfill the ad, they go on this date to go and meet this person that was fulfilling the ad, and it's their spouse that is.
Speaker 1: So you know what, Sheila, you brought up a really interesting topic. I wish we had more time to talk about it, but thank you because I think it made you a lot of people think. But I I gotta say that if you really sometimes you know, it's like, man, yeah, I have a commitment, but I also don't want to commit myself to being bored and lonely and miserable for the next three years. Sheila, thanks for being on. Have a great day. Okay, Yeah, yeah, thank you. We're gonna we'll talk about this a little bit more when we come back. Somebody says vont is showing his age with that answer and said it's kind of true. Somebody else says, the grass is not always greener. We got a lot of response on this one. We got to take a break. We'll come back in a second, and we'll talk more about this in a little bit on kd WB one hour commercial free, including our favorite part of the week, no phone screen or Friday. What are you gonna call him?
Speaker 8: It's this radio show that's kind of sketchy, The Dave Ryne Show.
Speaker 11: On kt W.
Speaker 1: I would not listen to this radio station alone in the dark, that's for sure. Ooh, sketchee. Where have you been, Jenny? We've been missing you. We wonder where you were. And Bailey said, you're probably taking a big you did, yeah, I said she pooping And Bailey said she taking a big, fat poop.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And He's like, Bailey, disgusting you said it.
Speaker 10: I thought I had till seven nineteen, so I thought I was right on time. I guess I was just a little My phone must be behind NASA.
Speaker 1: So let's get back the action here. Yes, we talked to a woman a minute ago, Sayla, I believe her name was Yeah, really really interesting take on a divorce because she said, Hey, I've been married for a while. My husband's boring. He's like a steady eddy. He coaches t ball, he's you know, a good you know husband whatever. He's just boring, and she started to go through like divorce and like thinking about divorce and working it through in her mind and going out and seeing what she could get as far as a new partner and meeting people, and the idea is maybe kind of exciting to her. So then she started thinking about, God, well, what if I met a guy. I really would if I met a guy that had all those boxes like kind of boring and steady, eddy, good with the kids. Once I had to have a sex life, it's not crazed about it. And then she realized that's what her husband is. So then she said, I am not going to get a divorce. So and I thought that was really interesting because if you were divorced and single and you found somebody who was just like, I mean, the good qualities.
Speaker 8: Mm hmm, yeah, because everybody has bad.
Speaker 1: Qualities too, except they're boor Yeah, yeah, maybe borings not. I'd rather have a boring relationship than somebody who is full of drama, right, I had to bail them out of prison and take him to Betty Ford and all that. You know. I just Okay, So I'm talking to somebody named Angela, and you're kind of in the same boat. That she was, Hi, Angela, tell me your story.
Speaker 5: Good morning, same boat.
Speaker 12: I mean I thought of over. You know, I thought about divorce on and off. It's not that I don't love my husband. Of course, I love my husband. We've been married over fifteen years. But I mean he's kind of an overtime. You know, marriage has change, and he just doesn't want to go out. He doesn't want to go out to dinner. He doesn't want to go do things, you know, like go out and dates, you know, little dates. Yeah, so I've just decided. I thought about it. You know, I thought about the divorce thing, but I mean I trust my husband. Trust is hard. I have single friends. The dating world is terrible.
Speaker 5: So I'm just going to go out.
Speaker 12: I decided to date myself. Like we should normalize being able to go to dinner by yourself, go do things by yourself. I deserve to be happy. She deserves to be happy. I mean, I mean it doesn't like she does not have like she's she doesn't like hate him or anything. Stay married, take yourself out, do things for yourself. Nobody deserves your your time more than yourself.
Speaker 8: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that, Angela. And you've been married for fifteen years and you said that what has changed? So he used to want to go out to you know, play darts or go dance or go to a movie or what.
Speaker 12: He absolutely and just it just hasn't. He's more of a homebody now, which is fine, you know. I mean I do I ask for it every night. No, but I mean there's I mean, life just changed. He just wants to be a homebody. Doesn't want to go out on dates, doesn't want to go to you know, just doesn't want to go to like different sports events or like you said, go bowling or go out with friends or go play Bengo.
Speaker 5: He just doesn't want to do that.
Speaker 12: So I'm just I'll do it myself yourself.
Speaker 8: Are you happy with that?
Speaker 1: And you don't have to be you know, I think you're being real honest, But do you kind of wish that it was? Like, man, I'm kind of looking around going I wish I had a partner that wanted to go to can Can Wonderland, who wanted to go to Nick Universe type of thing.
Speaker 12: I mean, yes and no, But I mean nowadays it's hard to find somebody. And I mean I definitely all the qualities he has. I love everything that he has. So I just feel like if, like she said, if I went and found I would I would think about him more than anything. I mean, it's hard to trust and I you know, and so nobody deserves my time more than me.
Speaker 8: You know what.
Speaker 1: I love Angela. I love that attitude. I'm so glad that you were able to be on the radio with us. Yeah, and a great week you take. You're taking yourself out this weekend.
Speaker 5: And you know what, yes, because he's going hunting.
Speaker 1: By the way, you win, you win the Minnesota Accents of the Day award.
Speaker 8: So the body, thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, have a good day.
Speaker 7: I'm glad that she's choosing to date herself though, and not go I know other people, because I said that the minute divorce or even like going to find somebody else crosses your mind, just do it. Because I feel like you made a commitment to your partner when you just decided to get married, the thought of going to somebody else shouldn't cross your mind.
Speaker 1: Oh you got I disagree with me. I think if you're gonna be honest, I think that you know, I thought about divorce before. I'm sure Susan has thought about it before, and not for any like wow reason, like wow, you have a gambling problem or whatever, just kind of like you know, yeah, and it's not like we ever like got serious about it. But I think that if every couple is being honest, there's probably a part of every couple that's been married for forty years where they've at one point said, well, yeah, is this making me happy?
Speaker 7: I think go ahead, Jenny.
Speaker 8: I was gonna say.
Speaker 10: I think that once you get into a longer relationship, you still like really care about your partner, if you chose the right partner. It just is a matter of like, there are certain things every person evolves throughout their life, It's true, and you don't necessarily evolve in the same way as your partner.
Speaker 1: Look at this guy. He used to go out, he doesn't go out.
Speaker 10: It's like, it's like you, there are parts of you that probably question, like is there someone else that fits who I am as a person?
Speaker 3: Better?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 7: Like the point of it, though you say for better, for worse, rich, for poor, I commit like my life to you. That's the point of marriage.
Speaker 6: But if you change in a way that's not beneficial to like the relationship, then I think it's better to get a divorce. But in her case, like the person she would be looking for is essentially going to be the same guy anyway.
Speaker 7: I hear what you're saying, like you should not feel confined right to that person whatever changes. But again, I just you know, if something happened tomorrow or in twenty years, Alyssa changes, we get married.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I said, Hey, I'm with you for life. I just think you shouldn't go into a situation of commitment with a notion in the back of your head that I.
Speaker 8: Don't know if I don't think you do.
Speaker 10: Nobody goes into marriage thinking like someday I'm going to get a divorce.
Speaker 8: At least I hope they don't.
Speaker 10: Or if you, then you probably know right off the bat that's not the right person for you. Yeah, I just think that it's a naive thing to say that you wouldn't potentially think about someone else. I'm all for working for the relationship. I am all for trying to get through hard times with people, or if you are getting bored in your relationship, I'm all for trying to like figure out what the solution is for that. Yes, but I do think that it would be.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I just think it'd be silly to say that people don't have those thoughts.
Speaker 1: Though, Well, if you just turned the radio on. We were talking about a woman called in and she said she thought about getting a divorce, but then she fast forward in her mind how it would play out. She would go out, try to find a new partner, and if she found somebody who is just like her husband, she'd be like, what a catch. And then she realized that she has what a catch. We got a lot of responses on this one. For example, this one says I want to say thanks to Angela, who just called in and she said, my husband's boring. So instead of like me staying home at being bored, I take myself out. This text says, thanks Angela. I've been going back and forth on divorce because he doesn't want to go out, and now I'm going to take myself out. That's a great.
Speaker 6: Compromise, can I I would like to also say on that note, like, yes, I'm not married. My last relationship though, was like almost five years and I was in the same position where it was really great at the beginning, obviously, and then he just didn't want to go out anymore. So I continued living my life the way I wanted and he lived his separate life.
Speaker 8: And I feel like, yes, take yourself out.
Speaker 6: But if your lives like diverge so fully that you're just living two different lives and kind of ships in the night in your home, then like I would say, get a divorce.
Speaker 1: It could be happy. Seriously, why commit yourself. I'll give you two thoughts, and I really believe this. You might disagree. If you have to work that hard on a marriage, it ain't a good marriage. Yeah, marriage, You should not have to work that hard on a marriage. If you have to work that hard, marriage does a lot of work. It shouldn't be that much work, or it's not a good marriage.
Speaker 7: I disagree. I mean, I hope that it doesn't get to that point. But marriage is all about as far as I know, I'm not married, but like sacrifice and deciding to always oh up this other text it says I agree with nowhere is it vont Throughout a long marriage, people fall in and out of love all the time. The trick is to make the choice to stay, even during the seasons when the love might feel lost. However, it's normal to start considering the what ifs during those seasons two, so to be able to navigate the highs, the lows, the ups and downs, the peaks and valleys, but still get through.
Speaker 8: I think support. I think that's true.
Speaker 1: I mean you fight over like you know, she spent too much money or he bought a new motorcycle without asking or whatever, then yeah, those are your peaks and valleys. But if everything is like uh ho hum, I don't say I love you, we don't kiss, we don't do this. You pass each other naked in the hallway and you don't even glance at each other, then things start to be a problem. We are We thought with the story with Sheila, how she was going to get a divorced and she realized if she was dating again and she found somebody just like her husband, it would just be like the Pina Colada song, which goes back to about nineteen seventy nine. Now, this is probably the biggest Boss Check song we've ever played, but we're gonna play it right now. One of the best story songs ever. You've probably heard it, but listen to the story again and how they got that together. Boss Jack, katiewb and one of the greatest story songs of all time. And the reason we played it was because we were talking about how if you left your partner and then went out on the dating thing and then tried to find somebody and you found somebody who was a lot like your partner, would you go, wow, they're a catch? And then you realize my partner's kind of a catch. And that's what Sheila called in a little while ago with So we said, well, let's play the Penia Colada song, which is exactly that.
Speaker 8: Exactly.
Speaker 1: Apparently Rich is in a coma because Rich would have called the radio station shrieking, get.
Speaker 8: That song off of radio station.
Speaker 1: So he made a lot of songs. A lot of people texted in and said, I've heard this song a million times, I've never even paid a ten and that there was a story in there. Oh my god, is one of the greatest story songs.
Speaker 8: Of all They don't make story songs like they used to. Know, greatest story song of all time?
Speaker 1: You want to know what it is?
Speaker 8: What is it?
Speaker 7: It wasn't me, but Shaggy It's true.
Speaker 1: In the bathroom, it wouldn't be handed. It wasn't me. Oh wow, that.
Speaker 8: Is a great story.
Speaker 1: Were you going to say I tried to top that. Tell you the greatest story song.
Speaker 8: It's a Dark Lady by cher I love that one.
Speaker 1: That is No, No, well, you won't know the greatest story song of all time? Is it the Wreck of the Edmund.
Speaker 8: You knew you were going to say that it is a true story.
Speaker 1: You could take that song and make it a poem and it would be a beautiful poem.
Speaker 10: You know, the only reason I even know what that song is this because of this show.
Speaker 8: And you know, what do you mean? It's based off of something so niche to it happened here in Minnesota. But I'm saying it's so niche to Minnesota. So how would you know who sings of? Dave Gordon Lightfoot Gordon light If I have it, Oh, we can't play it.
Speaker 1: It's nine minutes long.
Speaker 8: I'm not saying that.
Speaker 10: I'm just saying I'm trying to grab at least a little bit of it to play like the story.
Speaker 1: It is a story song, yeah, and it's all about how the gales of November came early and this ship, unsuspected was out on Lake Superior taking iron Ore over to Cleveland, and then they got out in the middle of the lake and then they got capsized or something like that. I'm not going to play it.
Speaker 2: The legend from the Chagooy the lake is never gives add when skies of November.
Speaker 8: Now, that's enough. I don't want to I don't want to be disrespectful.
Speaker 10: So good though, isn't No, I'm dead, Seriously, I did hear.
Speaker 8: That a Wisconsin station.
Speaker 10: One like, in seriousness to that good.
Speaker 8: Ship andrew a bone when the girls in November.
Speaker 1: Is exactly fifty years ago. Look up the date that it's sunk Bailey, because it might have been fifty years I know that the exact date.
Speaker 8: I'm back in wiscons.
Speaker 1: Coming from a mill in Wisconsin.
Speaker 8: Oh, not quite three days from now.
Speaker 6: Most were the crowd, good captain west season, concluding.
Speaker 8: Term, all right, that's enough, David.
Speaker 6: Do you think you are also a captain well seasoned? That's what he just said, A captain well season.
Speaker 8: I think that's you.
Speaker 1: You are a captain, You are well captain down.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry me, I am the captain.
Speaker 1: Uh okay, what are we doing here?
Speaker 8: The day we should be the keyword?
Speaker 1: Let's do the work to keyword first, then Dave's dirt. Then no, phone screener Friday, let's take a scrip.
Speaker 2: Or chance to want a trip to Los Angeles to see Sabrina Carpenter at one of our sold out shows. Happens now, I'm KDWB. Talk back the keyword taste. That's taste on our iHeartRadio app. Okay, keyword taste. Make sure you do that is the last day of the morning show. Was doing this one.
Speaker 1: It'll happen over the weekend, but you'll probably be busy if you're not around the radio. I want you to enter this now the keyword taste. Just open up the iHeart app, tap the red microphone button and say the keyword is taste. And it is one of your last chances to do that.
Speaker 8: There's someone on the phone.
Speaker 7: Somebody said, sorry, we're so off the real They have the best story song.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sarah's on the phone. Hi, Sarah, what's up? This is Sarah be Sarah B. What's up?
Speaker 5: Sarah B. Shout out to Iron Nail.
Speaker 13: But the best story song is Children's Story by Slick Rick.
Speaker 1: Children's Stories. I never never heard it.
Speaker 8: Yeah you have one?
Speaker 14: Have I.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna play the whole song, you guys, what is it? About Sarah.
Speaker 13: Oh my gosh, it's about this kid who gets wrapped up in doing the wrong things and rob someone. And then there's the DT Downtown undercover cop who's pregnant and then oh my gosh, he turns and he tried to shoot, and oh my gosh, it's a great I will.
Speaker 1: Listen to it on the radio. I will take your word for it. I will listen to it off the radio because I don't. I'm already in trouble for playing the Pink.
Speaker 8: Song and the beginning of edmits with cerl exactly.
Speaker 1: Someone else ex takes Sarah.
Speaker 10: Someone else ex it in about the song Cult forty five, which I used to sing on our track bus to track events in high school or in middle school. And it is the most ridiculous perverted song ever. It's called Cold forty five. It's Cult forty five and two zigs eggs Baby. That's all we need. We can go to the buck after Doc smoke.
Speaker 8: That tomba weed.
Speaker 10: As the marijuana burns, we can take our turn singing them dirty.
Speaker 8: Rap song girl Stop and hit the bomb light Chet and jong Tel tapes from Anyways.
Speaker 10: It goes on, but there's like a story between the verses, and the verses are filthy. I'm going to make you last time off the radio because we definitely cannot play I.
Speaker 1: Want to hear it. Okay, somebody did mention and nobody will go back and listen to this one. But the best story song of all time, maybe better than the Edmund Fitzgerald, is Big Bad John, which came out in the nineteen fifties, and it's a guy who's a minor and the mine collapses and he saves everybody's life. Oh, Big Bad John.
Speaker 8: What about Paradise by the dashboard lights?
Speaker 1: Stupid? Stupid, I don't know that one. All he's trying to do is get some girls pants making out in her car. He says, I can see paradise by the back dashboard light. It's a good song. Stupid. Can I do the dirt? You guys stop messing around.
Speaker 10: We should play reck of Edmund Fitzgerald November currently on Lake Superior.
Speaker 8: It is the game, remember yeah easy up there? Is it crazy up there?
Speaker 10: I've seen videos. I won't go near that lake around November. Keep me away.
Speaker 8: Let's do Dave's dirt that we're gonna get into.
Speaker 1: No phone screener Friday Dave Ryan Show one on one point three kd WB. All right, here we go with the dirt. So Blake Lively is now suing Justin Boldoni for like a ridiculous amount of money. She is claiming one hundred and sixty one million dollars in damages, and then she also is asking for half a billion imputative damages. A LA lawyer said, those are wish list numbers. You put out a big enough number to get the other side concerned and want to settle. In other words, if I'm going to sue, let's say I slip and fall at the local grocery store, I might sue them for thirty million dollars and they'll be like, oh my god, thirty offer him five hundred thousand, and I'll be like, oh, take it. So that's kind of what her strategy is now.
Speaker 10: Apparently Rockefeller Center is prepared for Christmas this weekend. Apparently they are going to begin decorations on their seventy five foot tall Norway spruce. It can contains more than fifty thousand led lights and a nine pound Swarowski star will tap the Christmas tree. So NBC will broadcast the official tree lighting right after christ right after Thanksgiving weekend on the first week of December, and the tree was harvested yesterday in a suburb of Albany, New yak.
Speaker 8: At first, it's at Norway Spruce. I was like, did this ship it from Norway?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 8: Okang, they really go hard on the Rockefeller they do, though.
Speaker 6: You can watch the first five minutes of the New Stranger Things season. Netflix put it on YouTube and I literally just watched a little bit. It actually goes back in time and you get to see Will when he goes missing in the first season. So I guess they were planning for the end of the series when they were recording the beginning of the series. I know we've been waiting a long, long long time for nine years things and I'm like the only person reporting from Stranger Things desk. But just watching this like five minute clip, I am so jazzed for the New Stranger Things season.
Speaker 8: So it looks super good so far. So you can watch it if you want.
Speaker 7: November twenty first, Ed Shearon has a show doc kind of coming to Netflix. It's called One Shot with Ed Sheeron.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I can never find this clip. Follow me out on a number four. Okay, here it is.
Speaker 2: We're filming this one shot comes to especially I think will be a public.
Speaker 7: It's a cool neighborhood. Oh it's Hell's Kitchen, right.
Speaker 8: That's why.
Speaker 7: And it's called one shot with Ed Sheeran because it's all done in one take. Him walking around New York City performing his biggest songs, which is so cool.
Speaker 8: The same guy really cool. I think in general it's cool.
Speaker 7: But it's from the same guy that did Adolescents, the show that where the kid unlived when his classmates.
Speaker 8: They did that in one take, so we know the director is really good.
Speaker 1: When is this going to come out? November twenty first on Netflix? Okay, not that far away? All right? That is the dirt if you buy six one two Injured Himer and Lammer's Injury Law. Let's get started. No phone screen or Friday. We look forward to it all week number one because it's on a Friday, and we love Fridays too because it's a lot of fun. So you get to call in and be on the radio and say anything you want, and we don't screen the phone calls. So what would you say if you could be on the radio. Well, there's a couple of guidelines. Number one, you can't swear, you can't do shout out. You do have to be at least sixteen. I know it's cute to hear your little four year old on the radio, but it's only cute to you. No, it's cute to me too, because I love that. That's very cute. But we don't do that. And then of course no politics, and no shouting out like a local business. And then no shouting out like oh there's a farmer's market in Shockapye, damn, that's great. Yeah, I don't care.
Speaker 8: I don't care.
Speaker 1: I do care though, Yeah, all right, let's go on the phone here and see what we got. We'll get on the phone and put you live on the radio, keep ringing until you get answered, because we don't pick you up and screen you. Hello, you're up first on no phone screen or Friday. What's your name? Sebastian, Sebastian, what's up?
Speaker 14: I just wanted to know a little more about Boo Bash because I was the one that had to mis this two years in a row after winning the ticket.
Speaker 1: It wasn't the same without you, ye, I mean seriously, people came up to me all night, said where's Sebastian And I said, Unfortunately, he couldn't make it. They said, oh my god, is he's sick? And I said, no, he just couldn't make it. But it was awesome. It was epic, and I'm sorry you missed it, but we'll do it again next year. Yeah, Katie w B No phone screener Friday. What's your name? Dan made it to Boo Bash and drunk off his arse. But he's in the first fifteen minutes drunk off his ars drunk. This is He's not drunk. He has a traumatic brain injury. And I'm not making this up. He wrapped He wrapped a four wheeler around a tree, barely survived, so he sounds drunk, but he's still a pain in the arse every time. What's up, Dan? What do you want?
Speaker 14: I was just one of the things you words of.
Speaker 6: I'm motivating on one day vote there is no such thing motivation, No such thing as motivation self discipline.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: On Motivational Monday, you said self discipline is the thing, not motivation.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is is like we can wish for all this, we can hope for a better this, but it's the ones of us who get out of the shower and actually go do something. Dan, I've got your license plate thing hanging in the studio. Yes he does, Thank you, Katie WB. No phones.
Speaker 8: You know what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: We're gonna make a rule one time first time callers only, first time callers only, not this time, but write it down for next week, first time callers only, because we get our regulars. We love our regulars, but I want other people to get a chance to call in. Hello, no phone screener Friday, year on the radio. What's your name?
Speaker 3: Well, it's your favorite, Matt.
Speaker 12: So I decided I'm really glad that you changed that rule for next week and not this week.
Speaker 1: Yep, you're good, You're good.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna stir the pod for two real quick things. Number one, you guys are talking about Christmas music yesterday Mariah carries all absolutely see that's.
Speaker 1: A Christmas guy is Yeah, one more time you clicked out? Go ahead? All right, he's gone. Okay, it's the gods of no phone screener Friday saying we love you, Matt, but not.
Speaker 8: We don't care about Christmas.
Speaker 1: KATWB, no phone screener Friday, what's your name and Andreas.
Speaker 3: What's up, Hey, I've got for Sacramento.
Speaker 5: I just want to say a quote that I heard.
Speaker 1: It was boys complain.
Speaker 5: About how it should be and men deal with what it is. So take it on the chin man, keep it going.
Speaker 1: Say that again, boys complain.
Speaker 12: About how it should be and men deal with what it is.
Speaker 8: Talk about it.
Speaker 1: I like it. How did you find our show in Sacramento?
Speaker 11: I just I was looking for a funny podcast on the iHeartRadio app and.
Speaker 4: I've seen that nearly seven listeners seeing and I just thought that was pretty funny.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, that work that we came up with that years ago. The boss wanted to be like more music, and I'm like, that's boring. That's every freaking radio station in the world. So I said, how about now with nearly seven listeners, which that is roped in so many people because you can tell that's a funny station.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's like six and a half listeners essentially, because it's almost.
Speaker 1: It's almost seven listeners. Thank you. No phone screen for Friday. You're on the radio. What's your name?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 1: My name is Max. What's that Max?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: I just want to know, Dave, what it's like to be certified.
Speaker 8: A certified what's it like to be certified certified of what?
Speaker 11: Certified?
Speaker 5: Legend?
Speaker 1: Legend?
Speaker 6: Legend?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think, I don't think I am, but going, keep going, keep going.
Speaker 8: I mean, Jenny's one, so when one sees one, we.
Speaker 14: Know one, you know, certified legends.
Speaker 8: All right? We can keep talking to like, don't make me sing, oh man, and don't feel less?
Speaker 1: Oh my guy, say it? Certify what.
Speaker 5: Let me hear it?
Speaker 8: Certified legend?
Speaker 1: Baby him one on me?
Speaker 11: Oh my god?
Speaker 8: And what about Bailey?
Speaker 3: And I'm here too, Yeah, yep, And that's what we're here for.
Speaker 8: We just certified legends, all right?
Speaker 11: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Yep, thank you.
Speaker 8: Also a certified legend, all right?
Speaker 1: I think legend right now, you're too. Thank you for being here today. What's gonna happen? No phone screener, Friday, you're up next. What's your name? Hi? My name is Avery, Hi, Avery, Hi.
Speaker 4: I just have a question.
Speaker 1: We're ready.
Speaker 12: When do you guys start playing Christmas music?
Speaker 1: Probably after thanks Giving we'll play We'll drop one in here and there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I'm really looking forward to DJ play that Christmas song again.
Speaker 8: To be honest, do your share impression.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Christmas song? All right, Katie? Would you being no phone screener Friday? What's your name?
Speaker 5: Hi? My name is Kendra and I am from Brooklyn Center, Minnesota. How are you guys?
Speaker 1: Good morning? Good morning?
Speaker 5: Uh So, I am a truck driver. I'm currently down in Texas Hooks, Texas. Have you ever heard of it? But I wanted to call in you guys were talking earlier about awesome story songs. Yeah, and I thought of a really good one.
Speaker 1: Okay. Convoy by c W is such a good song. Pull out Convoy by Seat of the Moon on the twelfth Year and a ken Worth Holland Hoggs have will repeat with the reefer on and ken Worth holl And Long. I was headed for bear On, Iowa. Oh here we go. Yea, you've got a copy on me, big fan. Come on, you have for sure? For sure Black Gully, it's clean clear to black Town.
Speaker 9: Come on?
Speaker 14: What is this?
Speaker 9: We definitely got the front.
Speaker 1: Door, good buddy verse. It looks like convoy convoys, a big bunch of trucks. It was a darker little hammer down.
Speaker 8: It sounds like Dave.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's probably enough.
Speaker 8: It sounds like you that does not like you.
Speaker 1: It sounds like the ooze and the In the dark of the moon. On the twelfth of June, cab over pet with a reefer on and a.
Speaker 8: Convoy shaky Towne about a.
Speaker 1: Milea I said, big Pin, this year's rubber duck. We just ain't gonna pay no toll. So we crashed the gate doing ninety eight. I said, let them truckers roll ten to four.
Speaker 8: God, what are we doing right now?
Speaker 1: That was the first rap song ever. All right, get back to it? Did you did you hear all of that?
Speaker 8: Are you still there? Thanks?
Speaker 1: Thanks for the idea, keep it between the keep it we teen the ditches. What are you still going? Go ahead?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 5: Sorry? That so apparently I was reading this behind the music thing and the c w Mcow was actually a fictional character created by an AD execut for a bread commercial. The executive name is Bill Fries and I think that's hilarious for a convoy the song.
Speaker 1: It's a true story. He was an AD executive writer whatever, and he came up with this character. She would call and the song was called Convoy Boy. Rich would just have a seizure if he was listening to.
Speaker 8: Today.
Speaker 1: Hey keep it between the ditches, eights and aces on you good buddy?
Speaker 5: Ten four?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, Katie would be back to the action. No phone screen or Friday. You're up next? What's your name?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 8: Etcetera. I don't know if you remember me? I no, I don't remember. Don't remember where I parked my car? So what do you want? What's up?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: I was?
Speaker 5: I was just wondering, do you know why there isn't a pregnant Barbie doll?
Speaker 1: Wasn't there a pregnant Barbie doll?
Speaker 8: Set up to a joke?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 8: Why is there not?
Speaker 5: I guess Ken comes in another box?
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't I don't get that.
Speaker 8: Are you being serious?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 8: Okay, keep it going?
Speaker 1: All right? Next? One phone from your Friday? What's your name?
Speaker 14: Hi?
Speaker 1: My name is Marco.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to talk about a story. We had a Gary fivey prediction.
Speaker 5: On Booty Cruise time.
Speaker 3: My daughter had asked him about her next pregnancy, if she was going to get pregnant again.
Speaker 8: Because Jaredy had.
Speaker 3: Two older girls, they prayed for their mom to get pregnant with twins and then she got pregnant and had twins. And so the girls were pregnant or not pregnant, they were asked, they were said they were praying again for their mom to have twins. And so she asked Gary if she would one get pregnant again and two if they would be twins. And he said she would get pregnant again, but she would have one girl. And she did get pregnant again and she had twin boys.
Speaker 6: Wow, Gary, he did get pregnant.
Speaker 1: All right. No phone screen for Friday. You're up next? What's your name?
Speaker 8: Hi, Shae, what's up?
Speaker 5: I just wanted to call and I just wish my son and his girlfriend luck this weekend. They're having their first baby and I'm going to be a first time grandma.
Speaker 8: So oh grandma. Wow baby.
Speaker 1: The problem is we don't do shout out on the show, but you sneak You sneaked one in. But I mean good for you, Grammy, thanks for calling. A couple of more. Katie able to be No phone screen or Friday. What's your name?
Speaker 9: I'm Sam?
Speaker 14: Hi?
Speaker 1: Sam, what's up?
Speaker 13: I'm just calling?
Speaker 5: This is for Jenny one.
Speaker 9: I think it's super exciting. It's all of your kitchen renovations and how you're trying new things. I just think that's really awesome.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 9: And your kitchen that's great.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 9: And then too, I was up in the lou Two Harbors a couple of weekends ago with my husband and we tried out that Cedar coffee company that you had on your blog.
Speaker 8: Yeah, did you love it?
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, yes, we love it. That will be a new place to go back to every time we're up there. It was so good and like the woods outside in the back were just beautiful. But yeah, I just wanted to say things for those recommendations, and you're an influencer.
Speaker 1: That is awesome.
Speaker 14: Good for you.
Speaker 1: I love that. Thank you. Shay Katie w be no phone screen for Friday. Hello. What's your name?
Speaker 5: My name is Calvin.
Speaker 1: What's up, Calvin?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 12: Just wanted to know, uh, which one of you guys is cooking the turkey.
Speaker 1: We are not. We are not doing the turkey this year. We're gonna go to a restaurant this year.
Speaker 10: You're not gonna smoke us a turkey. I might do this last year us at turkey last year.
Speaker 1: Remind me and I'll do it.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, Dave put it in there, bring in the smoker, and we wanted Turk.
Speaker 1: I just reminded to hey you, that's no phone screener. Friday on Katie like b why do we have the song devil went down to Georgia.
Speaker 10: Pol Why just the other people were talking about how it's the best story song. And I didn't know if you wanted to talk about the story of how that's your loving song.
Speaker 1: No, I pulled that off one time, and I never pulled it off successfully. I'll drop it basic great story. We were talking about story songs earlier, and seriously, if you missed the last hour of the show, go back and listen. That was probably the most fun I've had in years.
Speaker 8: Where can I listen to it?
Speaker 1: Dave on the iHeartRadio app Man, Yeah, it goes, it goes off the rails. And we played a song that if Rich was listening, he would have I mean it would have been on the walls. It would have been all over the walls. Would yes, he would have been so hard it would be on the walls. So that is no phone screener. Friday on ad Double UV. Never Forget. I'd never forget, Never forget, And we don't forget. We're only ten minutes away from another bring a carpenter keywords, so stay here for that one. Are we doing this right now? I'm looking forward to this one. This is Christmas lights and decorations up early, pros and cons. So we do pros and cons around this time on Friday, and we've done everything from pro and con Taylor Swift pro and con, cruises, pro and con Halloween. This one is pro and con Christmas stuff up early. Let's start off with TJ. Good morning, TJ.
Speaker 14: Hey, how's it going? Everyone?
Speaker 1: Really good? TJ. You're going to take the pro category. You've done some homework on this one and you firmly believe that Christmas decorations up early is a good thing.
Speaker 8: TJ.
Speaker 1: The perfect take it away.
Speaker 14: So my pros for why I think it is perfect to put Christmas gifts and you know, tree up and lights up is you get home at six o'clock. It's dark now, so just having some more light in the neighborhood and won't hurt anybody. Another one is you get to have when your family come over for Thanksgiving and they're all dressed up that Christmas photo right in front of the tree you can send it out before Christmas. You're not dressed out because of the weather, because everyone waits until the weekend after Thanksgiving when we get a snowstorm. It's Minneapolis.
Speaker 8: I have it out.
Speaker 14: I'm sitting on the couch watching them struggle, and I get to Tom at my neighbors. You know, you pull those Halloween decorations away. You want to put the Christmas ones in the same tub, put it in the attic. Save space.
Speaker 8: That's true. Yeah, economical there with space, yeah yeah.
Speaker 14: And you get to come out slowly over the next month, and everyone's frantically throwing it out, going and buying it minute. It's expensive. I bought all this stuff, you know, I bought this the day after Christmas last year. It was a quarter.
Speaker 1: Brilliant, it was a quarter.
Speaker 8: You get a head start.
Speaker 1: Okay, very good job selling the pros of Christmas decorations upper early. Now there's an opposite side to almost everything here with con on pros and cons is Blake. Good morning, Blake, Good morning.
Speaker 5: How are you guys.
Speaker 1: I'm doing well. Blake. Tell me your side of the story and why Christmas decorations don't need to be up this early. Take it away.
Speaker 11: I will start TJ had some good points. I will say that, Okay, fair enough. Halloween just ended a week ago and we have been even Like my wife and I personally haven't even started the Thanksgiving stuff yet, So why would I even start the Christmas stuff which is two months away?
Speaker 5: Still?
Speaker 11: No, I'm me. I grew up and my grandparents always put up their Christmas stuff between now and Thanksgiving. I'm kind of burned out of it now that I'm in my thirties, and then starting too early to make people tired by Christmas. I know, I'm I'm an example of that myself.
Speaker 1: Are you tired of burnout? It should be special? It's like, yeah, yeah, your.
Speaker 11: Lecture bill will go up in prices, especially at this time of year when you have all your Christmas decorations up and all the lights on. I see people who have lights around their house, I mean into July.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 11: You know, by the time that Christmas and that actual time comes around, I'm sick and tired of smelling all this peppermint stuff.
Speaker 8: The pepper chick fil A so good.
Speaker 11: Though it might be, but it's kind of overwhelming sometimes.
Speaker 1: Now we don't judge who is right and he was wrong. There is no winner and there's no loser on this one. It is just pros and cons. If you've got it, thank you Blake, and thank you TJ. A wonderful holiday season than you guys, Thank you very much. If you've got an idea for pros and cons, then let me know. Send me a text. We've done Taylor Swift Halloween, Christmas decorations and cruises. What should we do next? If you get an idea, send me a text at KATWB one five three nine two one. It's eight o'clock. We're five minutes away from another Sabrina Carpenter keyword. Hang on, but I got something special for you. It's a brand new Katy Perry song. Is a brand new Katy Perry song. This one smells like a hit. I've been wrong before, but this one is called band Aids from Katy Perry on New Music Friday on KATWB. Check it out.