Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on A five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacres terrible person, He's the worst, and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pie. Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: Jealousy is an unjust and stifling thing.
Speaker 2: Gong the utes, Petros and Money Am five seventy LA Sports. You're home of the back to back World Series champion in Los Angeles. Noja.
Speaker 3: We have some baseball Top.
Speaker 2: Day and John Palmers Top Story this hour a little more baseball, uh and then next hour John Palmer Rossi from MLB Network on the Hot Stove, which is going to fire up in two days sort of in a way. We'll get into that in the next segment. But yeah, we have Clippers basketball tonight and they're gonna tip it off at eight o'clock on Peacock against the Thunder.
Speaker 3: Is you at the new Peacock time?
Speaker 2: I guess so? Is that, Kates? Is that what we're to be? Is that? Is that what Peacock is doing? Like NBA after dark? Yeah, eight o'clock Pacific tips. That's that's something. There's a Laker Clipper eight o'clock tip coming up right before Thanksgiving one just the next one wonderful. Uh yeah, So if you don't have Peacock, I guess you'll be able to hear it. Carlow on the call with Adam Oslin, who he brings in regularly during the broadcast.
Speaker 3: It's a great broadcast.
Speaker 2: It is do it right here. That's at eight o'clock.
Speaker 3: You can also podcast our show on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone and enjoy what we have to offer. We had Tom to LESCo on in the first hour. We talked some football. We've had a lot of fun and we have our big event to promote Matt, a huge event, our.
Speaker 2: First of six appearances at BJ's restaurant in brew House, Cerritos. You hear the Filipino DJ music, you know it's Cerritos right off the South Street. It's in that mall, not the big mall, but the sort of outlets across the street is where the BJ's is. So six oh five eggs a South Street. It's the BJ's restaurant in brew Us in Cerrito and it's to Rito's. And speaking of the Clippers, we're going into Clippers basketball. So instead of two to five, three to six thirty, Happy Hour starts at three five hour, Handcrafters four dollars, Domestics six dollars marks. Yeah, and then all the great food specials as well. So I believe Monday is half hof.
Speaker 3: They have a Diablo sandwich. I believe turn it up.
Speaker 2: Come on outy dully, he voted. Yeah, Colin Ye, I don't think he jas are going to go to Japan, Scott.
Speaker 3: I think I think Colin Ye would come in and do our show if he had to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course he would.
Speaker 3: They let Colin Ye go to Japan last year for.
Speaker 2: An extended period of time.
Speaker 3: So let's see you there on Monday. Come in Manila live at three o'clock.
Speaker 2: And by the way, the Clippers game tonight, first game in La since the Dodgers won the World Series. That the players can go to and then you know, be a part of how many players he thinks show up tonight at Into It Dome and you know, showed on the Jumbo Tron maybe introduced between quarters or something. That's what I thought. That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: That's so sad. All right, Let's get to the word of the day with his words. The word of the day. I don't know if you saw this, Matt. Today's word of the day is clone.
Speaker 2: Oh I did see that.
Speaker 3: Tom Brady Weirdo announced that his dog Juni is a clone from his previous dog, Lua, who died two years ago. In twenty twenty three, Colossal Bio Colossal Biosciences.
Speaker 2: Which he's invested he's invested.
Speaker 3: In that cloned the pitbull mix using a blood sample collected prior to the death of Lua. The announcement coincides with Colossal's announcement that it is acquiring Viagin Pets and Equine, which cloned Barbara Streisand and Paris Hilton's dogs.
Speaker 2: I remember that, I don't. I thought we did something on Bab's getting her pain Ida.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't remember. Usually I remember such things. Colossal Biosciences, which Brady is an investor in Cloned the Pitbull mix and they have exclusive licensing and access to the breakthrough technologies of cloning that were developed by the Rosslyn Institute in Edinburgh, which is widely known for cloning Dolly the Sheep, which I did remember that in the late nineties. So congratulations to Tom Brady loaning his dog. There's a lot of dogs out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go get one there shelter from the rescue and probably gonna love that dog. Dog's gonna love you and grow quite attached to it in a short period of time, instead of having a previous dog cloned in Scotland and then flown over to you. Seems like it's a bit much.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, it seems like very wealthy people.
Speaker 2: Do really stupid things with their money. How much would it cost to clone your dog? It's a great question, I can tell you.
Speaker 3: I looked it up.
Speaker 2: How much, Jimmy, guess? Go ahead, let's go around the room, all right, Maddy go first? Oh okay, okay, so no, look, Ronnie, you want to you go first?
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say about forty.
Speaker 3: Grand okay, well, okay, thirty five?
Speaker 4: Is that too much?
Speaker 2: Thirty five from Petros. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go seventy five k. Fifty grand is what came out? Fifty fifty grand. Ronnie's the closest. Yeah, fifty grand.
Speaker 3: Matt, you overbid like prices, right, they play that get the sat Ronnie you in.
Speaker 2: You get to clone your dog.
Speaker 4: H I would not do that. That's just too weird.
Speaker 3: Well, you're the one that's got the fifty grand.
Speaker 4: I'll give it to Matt's week and nine.
Speaker 2: I'm good. I would assume that. I mean, I get it, you're an investor. But yeah, that's something that I probably wouldn't make public.
Speaker 3: Now I'm ashamed because somebody just texted me that Fred did that story. Well, it's I feel shame. It's a story about a douchebag move. So I think it like a real douche.
Speaker 2: Move from Tom Brady. Yeah, what a douche of all people. Truly, are you cloning a dog? It's a dog. Well, to bring a dog into your life, it gets attached.
Speaker 3: To you, kay him. It doesn't just seem like a dog, It seems like a yeah, like a business venture.
Speaker 2: Loved that dog so much I cloned it. Yeah, dog you get, you're gonna feel the same way about in a week, you idiot. Wait, just because you clone the dog doesn't mean it has the same personality, right.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean you would assume some of its environmental right, right?
Speaker 3: Was Dolly the sheep the same as she was before? I don't know. Was Barbara Streisand's dog?
Speaker 2: That last dog probably had you know, the wife before she left with the krapmagogy around, so maybe she had some development with its emotional well being. She's not there, so this dog might behave a little bit differently without Giselle around.
Speaker 3: It's jiu jitsu?
Speaker 2: Is that right? Isn't this great?
Speaker 3: Damn it?
Speaker 2: Hate that we're gonna clone a new mat.
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 2: It's time for the number of the day that won't cost fifty grand I can promish you.
Speaker 3: That here's your honor number of the day.
Speaker 2: Number the day is one. I do enjoy the we call it quick serve here, my man. I do enjoy the fast food and new and I do tip my cap to the fine folks as Kates and Ronnie are stumping for Yoshinoya today because they brought him some free food. And Kates can't stop drinking water. He's so salted I will throw my hat in the ring. As you know, I am always incredibly disappointed by the shift from Halloween straight to Christmas. When Thanksgiving does not get its proper due in the month of November.
Speaker 3: Thanksgiving gets a lot of run around here.
Speaker 2: Subway has introduced a trio of sandwiches to celebrate the Thanksgiving season, and this is one of the better things I've seen in quite some time. They have the Festive Turkey, they have the Festive Chicken, but they are introducing for the first time and they're long forty year history, if not longer, the turn Hamkino. You can order the turn Hampkin, which is oven roasted turkey, black forest ham, and rotisserie style chicken, the ur Hampkin sandwich along with as you would guess, cranberry sauce, savory turkey stuffing made with rosemary, sage, parsley, breadcrumbs, broth. All of that with the turn ham can meat, oven roasted turkey, black forest ham, rotisserie style chicken. Not casting shade at the shrimp bowl from Yoshinoya. But I'm just saying, in this Thanksgiving season, when people get excited about stuffing about first you know. Oh, it says it doesn't start till November thirteenth, so you're gonna have to so you're really giving people heads out. You get, yeah, nine days to put that on your schedule.
Speaker 3: It says Dolly the sheep is stuffed and on display at the museum in Edinburgh. It was kind of neat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is kind of neat. But spending fifty k to clone your dog instead of just going out and getting another one, it's not neat. It's stupid and that guy's getting paid too much money if you've decided to spend fifty thousand dollars that way, I'm.
Speaker 3: Sorry this said. Fred talked about that story. Fred thought if he was cloned, he'd come out like he is now.
Speaker 2: And he'd still be able to dunk. Oh gosh, it's not a three D printing machine, Fred. It doesn't clone you as you as I mean, really, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe he thinks he comes out of like a big bladder like the matrix or so. I don't know. I don't know what Fred thinks.
Speaker 2: Fred doesn't want Kevin to get somebody on to talk about it, by the way.
Speaker 3: Though, Oh god, no, he does not you know what, why'd we do that?
Speaker 2: Ronnie? Did he not ask? Fred?
Speaker 3: Didn't we do the story?
Speaker 2: It's a big story besides them talking about it.
Speaker 4: Still, Yeah, Fred was serious. You wanted to be on a professional tomorrow.
Speaker 2: To talk to talk about the cloning, how to clone your dog? Yep, well it certainly speaks to a wide swath of the audience. Hey, I know all of you are curious about this because you'd like to clone your dog, your beloved pet, your best friend. So we're going to bring someone on.
Speaker 3: To talk about it.
Speaker 4: I'm calling in sick Tomorrow.
Speaker 3: There you go, ready, this is the song of the day.
Speaker 5: Really calling in sick tomorrow, Geese or a four piece band out of Brooklyn providing our song of the day called bow Down. New Music is what you are listening to on a Tuesday afternoon as we bow down to a full four hours of radio salvation in the form of great sports talk where the new false season is underway on the Petros and Money Show, featuring a round ball contest with your l A Clippers taking on the Oklahoma City Thunder on a back to back and into a dome where our friend Adam Oslin will have that Clippers countdown show that begins at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: Thank you ready, and we will have to be a goose and geese out there playing music. It's kind of cool if Goose like splintered and a couple of the members started geese.
Speaker 3: I think it's different styles.
Speaker 2: Down, down down.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back with mar Great Sports Talk, Great sports till today and some Lakers celebration with in Love with Mariuses.
Speaker 1: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast, a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Autumn.
Speaker 3: Road trip all summer with LA Sports. It's cracking everybody, and welcome back. It's pet Us and Money on AM five seventy on a two ed Mono Tuesday. A big thank you to Tom to LESCo and everybody. We got John Paul Morosi coming up a little later. We've got a big event at the Soritos BJS a week from yesterday. We'll be out there at three o'clock in Ciritos, where we enjoy being. But before we go any further, make sure you know how to podcast the show on the iHeartRadio app or to stream it live because it sounds really good there. But right now it's time for the top story of the day. Top story of the day.
Speaker 2: Well, we are now officially passed any scheduled Dodger events, and no matter the sport, coaches, players, owners, front office, folks, even fans always talk about how seasons always have an abrupt end. Only one team gets the parade, only one team holds the hardware, sells the merch and really that's the World champions. The others are left sorting through a series of what ifs. Why did it have to uh, why did that guy have to get hurt?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: Couldn't you take a bigger lead?
Speaker 2: Right? But I have come to realize now and back to back World Series wins for the Dodgers, as they've done a lot of winning mess of late, that even when you take home the trophy, there's still a very abrupt end to the season, and you begin to question yourself, Am I still supposed to be celebrating? Are we still supposed to talk about Dodgers Baseball?
Speaker 3: Well? I mean, how long are people going to steal?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: I mean I saw a bunch of people with the Dodger flags that they brought those weird things back by freeway today.
Speaker 2: Very exciting. Yesterday we talked with Jim Harbaugh, three of us reveling in the Dodger World Series win. And then at the very end, I get Steelers coming to town on Sunday night. You get into that. What's the plan? John Morose is joining us today. If you visit MLB dot com, the first article is the free agency calendar. It starts November sixth at two pm our time. General manager meetings are in less than a week. Owners meetings are exactly two weeks away. Yeah, most everybody's been sitting around. Yeah. Winter meetings are in a month. The other twenty nine fan bases, as you said, prre well into that process. We know it because we have been on that side of losing in the postseason. We have heard from Engelbert Humperdink in the past, and every year we speculated about that someone Nolan Aronado, Bryce Harper, Garrett Cole. Are they really gonna let Corey seeger walk?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Remember that guy, Trevor Barr. That was a good one. So now they started winning those courtships. Freddy Freeman, Shoe, Altani Yamamoto. Last year, Tanner, Scott, Blake Snell, and we were into that even after they won the World Series because of how they won the World Series in twenty twenty four, that it was bullpens, that they had no starters, that this really was something that they were able to put this together. So we were invested in the Roki Sasaki sweepstakes. They needed starters desperately. It was bullpen after pullpen game and route to the title. So this year, after one of the greatest Game sevens, after maybe the greatest World Series ever, is it different? Are the fans instead still celebrating? Are they still watching replays? Are you we got one on Friday, That's what I mean, Friday three pm. We're gonna have Game seven right here? Or are you looking ahead with the current state of the roster for this back to back World Series champion teams. I googled pe Dodger store just to get some eyeballs on what's out there, like like players, MLB dot com, slash Dodger merchandise. And I don't know if I'm just desensitized to inflation for T shirts and sweatshirts, but the sweatshirt that they were all wearing out there yesterday, that black one with the gold trophy seventy nine ninety nine, the Clubhouse T shirt, eighty dollars sweatshirt, and eighty dollars sweatshirt. Okay, I mean at least it's under one hundred. The Clubhouse T shirt, the one that they were all wearing where they were dumping Budweiser and champagne all over themselves. Fifty five dollars. Not a very attractive T shirt, down from sixty five, which is the Ota cartooners. Yeah, but you know you got sweatshirts and T shirts for thirty five bucks or fifty bucks. Jerseys between one hundred and twenty and one hundred and sixty dollars with the World Series patch on the sleeves, Hats are between thirty and fifty dollars. And then there are the odd items. There's a beanie with the pom pom top that has the World Series champion, oh, that you can see on the front. High school football playoff games without the month, I'm sure, and the cold, and if it were Dodgers blue and white, I could see why you would want to wear that out in the cold. But the color scheme looks like it was left over from some unsold Patriot stock from ten years ago. It is navy with thick white and red stripes and a red, white and blue navy white and blue. I'm on the top. They have quarter zips for the business professional that still wants to support the Dodgers for.
Speaker 3: One hundred kates more a handsome MLB Network World Series quarter zip yesterday, right, and I think it's like a Marlborough box, you know when you when you put so many MLB network personalities on LA radio and you cash in your your MLB rate receipts. Yeah, you get you get a special quarter zip.
Speaker 2: Now the other end of that spectrum, you got Kate's and his quarterzip on one side, it's a flip side to that coin. The flip side of that coin also one hundred and fifty dollars snaps satin jacket with the World Series.
Speaker 3: Logo same as the quarterzip each.
Speaker 2: One hundred and fifty dollars wild that's a lot for a quarter zip. Uh. They have ear rings. They have tumblers like a big dangly earrings, big dangli earrings with the World Series logo in the middle of them that I would assume you have to have some strengthen them earloaves to have those things. They have tumblers. If you want to drink your coffee from a Dodger's World Series logo, mug, license plate frames, Christmas ornaments, iPad covers. For one hundred dollars, you can buy a quote Los Angeles Dodgers Fanatics authentic twenty twenty five World Series Champion Crystal Baseball with World Series Game used dirt in the center of it from where all play dirt or Toronto dirt? The great question where it? Because we know what that Dodger dirt looks like. We've had to stand on it and I'm not allowed to step on the grass.
Speaker 3: Got some of Kate's seeds in it.
Speaker 2: They have a can't believe you did that case desecrated. They have a leather wallet, They have a handcrafted wood baseball game. They have points, They have bluetooth speakers, a four pack of coasters, and the least expensive item twelve ninety nine, not a sticker, a World Series decal. Okay, so perhaps that is where you will find yourself celebrating the Dodgers World Series champions.
Speaker 3: Are you giving them more money, or if Ronnie did, that's what Ronnie did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because for us, there really are very few holes. You look at the contract situation. You got Yamamoto until twenty thirty six.
Speaker 3: Which he didn't have to go pitch back to back and do all that crazy stuff. The guys signed for ten years.
Speaker 2: Show Hey and Will Smith until twenty thirty four, Mookie Betts until twenty thirty three, Wow, Blake Snell and Tommy Edmond until twenty thirty one.
Speaker 3: Guy's gonna be Grand Old.
Speaker 2: Glass now and Tao until twenty twenty nine, Freddie Freeman until twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Wait, Ti Oscar is going to be stiffly missing balls in the outfield till.
Speaker 2: When twenty twenty nine. Whoa Freddy until twenty twenty eight, And as David Vasse told us yesterday, no chance they don't pick up a ten million dollar option on Max Muncy. So I think you look at it. They got their five starters Yamamoto, Snell, Glass, noow Otani and Sasaki. If you want a six, you would assume you're six starter is just gonna be used from the system. The forty man roster in Emmitt Sheehan or Land and Knack. Either the infield or the outfield is set depending on where you're playing Tommy Edmund. If he's in the outfield, it's Pie's, Tommy Edmund and Taoscar. If you play him in the infield, it's Freddy, Tommy, Mookie and Max. So I don't know what we're supposed to speculate. I mean, we've got a hot stove intro, for God's sakes, when David Bassey joins us, But I don't know how hot that stove's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Is he gonna go to the GM meetings? I hope he doesn't have to.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem like there's a lot happening for him to have to go to Vegas for the GM meetings, to New York for the owners meetings, or in December to Orlando, where you're headed this weekend.
Speaker 3: But maybe just Friday.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just retail therapy that's in your future because the hot stove is not that hot, and you can pick up a rustic framed print for sixty dollars or one of the other five thousand, seven hundred and fifty four items available, of which the most expensive. When it comes to World Series twenty twenty five specific items are a limited edition, only five of them. Show hail tany autographed bat, not game used, just autographed. I don't it is not game used. Only five of them.
Speaker 3: How many five thousand bucks?
Speaker 2: Thirty two thousand, five hundred dollars. Geez, you can clone a dog for that much money. Not quite but close or a rabbit a show hal tany autographed World Series twenty twenty five logo Baseball limited five twenty seven, four hundred and ninety nine dollars. So with the parade in the past, with the hot stove thirty dollars baseball with a signature on it, Yeah, twenty seven, four hundred and ninety nine for the ball, thirty two thousand, five hundred dollars for the bet.
Speaker 3: Who's sprinting to make that purchase?
Speaker 2: Maybe Tom Brad Yes, Yeah, thoutsand dollars clone dog. So if you want to fill the Dodger void in your life, I don't know if Morosi's gonna talk any hot stove with us. It doesn't feel like there's much for the Dodgers to do going into twenty twenty six trying to win their third consul.
Speaker 3: I talked to Vassay yesterday. If they had not one, which of course was inches away, they would have done some jostling right of the roster. But now that they've won again, they have to quote unquote run it back and do that. I wonder how much they'll supplement those older eyes as the season unfolds. Yeah, they got sort of like they did with a lot of the pitchingt.
Speaker 2: You get some young dudes in here, feels like to back them up like Alex Call, like count On call, and it does feel like they got to sign somebody for the bullpen, at least one person. Well, think about all the arms that were hurt this year, River, Ryan, Kyle Hurt, Tony Gonsolin, Michael Grove.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's always like a whole pitching staff on the eye.
Speaker 2: Of they'll be back next year. Landonck Knacker, right, O'knacker. I mean Bobby Miller is still on ice right now, Miller, there's six guys right there that didn't Yeah, yes, maybe don't any bullpen are retail therapy. What happens to Kirby Yates and Tanner Scott. I think Kirby was a one year deal, right, so he's boom out of here. Back to the Islands. Tanner Scott's got done four years left, three years left. Yeah, it's a four year deal.
Speaker 3: So uh so here's seventy bounce back here in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Possibly, yeah, or maybe you pick up half that contract.
Speaker 3: And you know, I don't think that's fair.
Speaker 2: You're probably right.
Speaker 3: Sure he had a bad year.
Speaker 2: He did, probably worse than bad. I think you would describe it as borderline historically awful following the career year he had last the year prior.
Speaker 3: Well, that's unfortunately put but probably true. Yeah. So you think retail therapy give the Dodgers more money is the solution of the hot stove.
Speaker 2: I don't know what else we got Normally we're talking hot stove. Last year we were all over Roki Sasaki and Blake Snell or Max.
Speaker 3: Kra and are they going to bring back Key Khy And are they going to bring back to the Oscar?
Speaker 2: We had all of that going on.
Speaker 3: Are they going to bring back Key K Kates?
Speaker 2: Are they better bring back Key k Migi Rojas, better bring back megi Roll? Micky he was on with a yesterday.
Speaker 3: See wants to retire a Dodger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it just doesn't feel like it was the same as last year when you have the Susaki Sweepstakes. Blake Snell or Max Freed and Tascar, Hernandez.
Speaker 3: And Vassa was freaking out every three days about snell Zilla. Right, No, you're right, Madow, But who knows what will happen? But speculation says you better buy yourself a quarter zip.
Speaker 2: One hundred and fifty bucks or the snap satin Jack.
Speaker 3: Hey, the Dodgers didn't do much in the hot stove, but check out this sweet quarter zip for one hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 3: Or how about both for three hundred Or how.
Speaker 2: About the crystal ball with some dirt in the center for a hundred bucks. That's real world series dirt right in the middle of that glass ball.
Speaker 3: The dirt doesn't come like in a vial and a hat.
Speaker 2: No, it's like a little disk of dirt in the center of the crystal baseball. How much is that, by the way, man, one hundred dollars. That's not a bad idea. We can put that next to our Joe Davis bobblehead collection. I'm going to hit up the clears on the way home. Get my ears pierced and pick on those earring.
Speaker 3: Good call. So there is your top story of the day regarding with Dayern and what's left after a wild celebration and another championship. People are happy, but there is a post Christmas Day feeling, no doubt, yeah coming up next. If the Dodgers didn't win a championship, the big story would be the Lakers.
Speaker 2: I think the Lakers could win it.
Speaker 3: Well, they've been winning. Alan Sleewan the party of your conversation. I was gonna get into some Lakers with us.
Speaker 4: Now the Lakers win.
Speaker 3: Hello, PMS listener.
Speaker 1: Did you know Am five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts. There's Rogan and Rodney, that one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: I show Some Money in five to seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Sunday Night Football Chargers Steelers on kf I Am six forty kick at five twenty tonight we got Clipper basketball against the thunder. That's an eight o'clock tip. So we are going until seven pm tonight and then Monday p we're going to be out of BJ's Rstaller and Brewhouse in Soritos three to six thirty pm going into Clipper basketball.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 2: It's not a typical two to five going into Monday night football for us, but a three to six thirty pm.
Speaker 3: And Matt Jonitis right now on your Toyota Dealers, celebrity hotline, Hoops Talk on YouTube, and of course now an iHeartRadio podcast. Our new colleague and contributor to Great Sports Talk. It's Grass Sports Talk Sleewah Hoops Talk Sleewah here to discuss the Lakers, in particular because they are so surprising. What's cracking? Alan?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Fellows?
Speaker 6: Thank you for having me on. I'm doing good.
Speaker 3: Thank you. We're very pleased. You know, we got to move on from the Dodgers at some point here, and you're helping us start. But are you surprised about the way the Lakers have been able to perform? Obviously without Lebron, but without Luca and and just what Reeves is doing? What all these different guys are doing. I mean, who, who's La Ravia?
Speaker 6: My goodness, one hundred percent surprised, and I think obviously a really good sign for Laker fans out there. They're making no excuses. I think watching them play so far this season, we're about two weeks in. Yeah, injuries, Like you said, no Lebron and if you go down the list, even if you put Luca to the side, even if you put Austin Reeves to the side, Aiden's miss games, Marcus Smart's miss games, gave Vincent Jackson Hayes go down the list. I mean there's seven eight guys that have missed some time so far, it's been really impressive. And you know, I think just to play exactly off of are you surprised six and two? If everybody's healthy, doesn't make you surprise six and two of the lineup that they've put out there every single night. Shout out to a lot of those players, and give JJ Redick a lot of credit as well.
Speaker 2: The last time you were on Allen, we were talking about DeAndre eight and how disappointing the rebounding effort was. Is this the same old eighton despite the number one pick status and moving to his third team now that part of his game has come alive. He's got a fifteen rebound game, He's got a few double doubles, had a monster game last night against Portland, shooting like eighty percent from the field. Is it a different looking DeAndre or the matchups friendly? Are you buying into this that this could be what he looks like with this team moving forward?
Speaker 6: I think a lot of times your environment is an important piece, and I feel like the environment the Lakers have for DeAndrea and is perfect because both sides really need each other. In needs the showcase of this stage with the Los Angeles Lakers. He's going to eventually continue to feast off of Luca Austin Reeves when Lebron James comes back as well. They need each other. And if you're eight and you don't want to be picking up your option that you have with the Lakers when the season's over, because that means you're not earning another big contract in the NBA, or at least not for another year. I think what he's done so far is it's not fake. I think it's he can maintain that, maybe not have twenty five and fifteen a night, but I don't think it's out of the ordinary to ask and to give you sixteen to eighteen points a night, maybe eight to ten rebounds, a block or two. I think that's sustainable and the team, the whole you know, obviously the whole system is not predicated on his shoulder, so he can be more himself. So I do think it's sustainable.
Speaker 2: Alan Sliea with us. You can watch him on YouTube. He does hoops talk. He also does does that for the iHeartRadio app so part of our iHeart Radio team. Pete mentioned it, Jake Laravia, they let go Ofdrian finish the floor. Yeah, he was kind of he was that guy that sort of replaced him, right, and he looks as good. I mean he's young, like he said, he's got springs and he's really putting together some great games. Is that what that was? Just kind of one for one and what a great fit it seems like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think, you know, it's funny. I think every question you guys have asked so far, we've all kind of walked into the season like, you know, I'm not sure yet about it and or I'm not sure if they have injuries what they can do. And I think Jake Lavia kind of falls into that category.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not sure how Jake Laavia is going to do with the Lakers. And I think the thing that I like most about what he's done for me, it's not yes, he's got the capability to go get twenty five points. He had a game where he shot ten and eleven from the field. Obviously that's you're that's not something that's every noble. But if every night, that's all we're asking for is just shoot, you know, over ninety percent from the field. But if you put those to the side and you look at the rest of the stat line, four or five rebounds, four or five assists, a couple of steals, deflections. I think he's just an all around player, and I think we're all learning it as you know, we get get a chance to see him.
Speaker 3: A little bit more and more.
Speaker 6: But he's been wildly impressive, and I think you know how consistent he can be. I think it's there's a better chance he'll be consistent of being a player that's an all round player than he is of dropping twenty or eighteen or something like that.
Speaker 3: What do you think it's going to be like when Lebron comes back. How hard of a transition is that going to be?
Speaker 6: Well, I think if you ask listeners, it's going to be one way or the other. He's going to ruin the team or they're going to win a championship. So can we find something in the middle here? I think I think if Lakers are going to accomplish what they'd like to accomplish this season, and what I mean by that is be really really competitive in the Western Conference, you know, maybe end up with another with home court advantage in the first round. Can you be around that top three, top four in the West, And if you're going to go for any type of run in the postseason, Lebron's got to be there. And I think something that Lebron proved last year when Luca got traded to the Lakers was a lot of people that would say, well, Lebron needs the ball and he can't play off the ball. Go see the way Lebron played when Luca came. He kind of knew if we got any shot at a deep run, Luca's got to be kind of the main focus offensively, and Lebron's still going to get his and they're still going to run place for him and everything else. So I'm looking forward to it. Is it going to take some time to adjust, Yes, but I think it's going to have less to do with Lebron adjusting. It's going to have more to do with other players around him adjusting to what Lebron can add to the team, not take away.
Speaker 2: When you look at it the game last night, it's wild. It's like, who the hell is Nick Smith? And why is he shooting seventy five percent from the floor or whatever it was, and then you know, Broni ends up getting twenty minutes. Like where are we at with Bronnie James through eight games in the twenty twenty five twenty six campaign? Here, Alan, what what are we going to? What are we going to see? Is this just because a bunch of dudes were out? Is he going to be part of this rotation? What have you seen thus far?
Speaker 6: Well? I think money. I think that's the that's the You're gonna get opportunities, not because they feel yet. Yeah, you gotta hand Bronni James twenty minutes in a game. He's gonna get opportunities because go look at the rest of your roster. There's just nobody available. You need somebody to help bring the ball up the floor. But I think what's going to determine Bronni's playing time is when you've got those minutes had you do And I think the last two games, there really shouldn't be a Laker fan out there that's been critical of what Bronni has contributed over these last couple of games. I thought last night, without really any true point guards out there, I mean, obviously guys stepping into that role, he had beautiful passes that set up DeAndre Aing for easy buckets. He had a nice play where La Ravia go for a loose ball and the balls on the ground. He kind of tipped it up to Jared Vanderbilt to get a dunk. I thought the minutes that he gave the Lakers were great. So I imagine that if JJ Reddick sees, hey, when I call on this guy and he's doing some positive things, even if the roster has most of their main players back, I still think you probably reward some of these guys that you feel like are productive when they're getting minutes.
Speaker 3: Alan wonderful stuff. How often does the podcast and the YouTube stuff go up.
Speaker 6: It's Monday through Friday, starting at eight am, So if you want to check it out on YouTube. Obviously, the Los Angeles market spent a number of years with the LA market. If you guys want to see what I'm doing just from an NBA Laker perspective, you can catch it on YouTube. It's called Hoops Talk with Alan Sleeve at eight am.
Speaker 3: Eight am. Beautiful an iHeartRadio affiliation.
Speaker 2: Exactly right.
Speaker 3: Allan, thank you so much, and we'll be checking in soon. Appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Thank you all. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: There he goes slee wa eight am tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Coming up next.
Speaker 2: I forgot to ask him if he's related to the dude running for mayor in New York, you know, the guy that founded the Guardian.
Speaker 3: Angel That guy got Curtis Curtis Sleewa. He's like a Kraska. He got shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kraska catch Straich. I probably shouldn't say. That's not what you say when it comes to that story on Crasca. So he makes his way into the conversation again. We'll have a FlipTop story of the day next. Pretty unique name.
Speaker 3: I found something unique that you might find interesting. You know, I got a scour and dig. Now that the Dodgers are right, you're usually just breaking stuff down like a sea man. We'll be right back with more petrols, some money,