Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talkers. Oh yeah, everybody sees our World Series hero. He is being mobbed as he comes from the front of WSS and Boyle hides to the back of the stage. World Series Hero, Miguel Rojas, my guy, look at this, A champion of the people. From Santa Monica to Boyle Hids. Everybody loves Miguel.
Speaker 2: Rojas, even at eleven am.
Speaker 1: The best dressed Dodger, the best smelling Dodger at eleven am after leaving the game last night, Miguel Man, great to have you in the city where the heartbeat of Dodger fans beat.
Speaker 3: What a weekend to start the season.
Speaker 4: Huh, thank you guys for being here today. He's a pleasure always to see a lot of Dodger fans. I mean, it will never get all when you walk into places and you get recognized by these amazing Dodger fans. They go above and beyond when it comes to a Dodger players. They understand what the sacrifice that we made to make them feel good, you know, to give him back to them with wings on the field, championships and it's been an amazing couple of days for us in that clubhouse. We're so excited to be back and looking forward to winning other championship and three P.
Speaker 1: So much has happened this weekend, but before we look forward, I mean, this is the type of reaction now that you get everywhere you go in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: How do you handle things?
Speaker 1: We have a personal security guard here that can you can hire him wherever you go because I feel like you need a bodyguard.
Speaker 2: Maybe I could be that guy for you the rest of your life.
Speaker 4: I'll be okay, but yeah, it's overwhelming to me. I just feel like I've been playing baseball for so long and I never got this kind of attention until, like I played my nineteen season in the in professional baseball, you know, And.
Speaker 3: That's what happened.
Speaker 4: When you do something cool the War Series Game seven, when everybody's watching, and uh, I'm not gonna walk away from just gonna enjoy every single time because this is gonna be my last season. And obviously, uh, when you when you want to do some big things for people and to bring the whole city of La together, and that's kind of what we do every single night when we play, you know, it's not just a fifty tho at the stadium.
Speaker 3: Is everybody at home. The amount of.
Speaker 4: Videos and pictures that I received from LA houses and people around the world wearing LA gear with with so much joy to watch the home run and the place and jam a model closing out the game, it was unbolie ole and do something that I want to take with me forever.
Speaker 1: Once we're done here at ws S and Boyle Heights, Miguel Rojas is going to take photos. It's gonna kiss babies. You never know, might put one of you on his shoulders, like Mookie puts the Sense on his shoulders. But are you ready to hear even more of those stories? Because your home run man so much to so many people, does it give you greater perspective on what you guys do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean every day we all understand that we're playing for more than just our name and our own career. We play for so many people who comes to the baseball field every single day, and that's why we kind of have to put a good shop every single night, and we have to show up and prepare for every single game because there's someone new in the stands every day. So I think for me, doing it every single day is what counts.
Speaker 2: But when you do it in the.
Speaker 4: Biggest stage in the World Series, to win a championship, for all the fans who support us throughout the whole year and not just last year. But I mean, I've been here for the last four and then I make my debut in twenty fourteen, and it's been the same kind of support to the team, regardless of whoever's playing. But I'm really happy that we're going to leave a legacy here that this team was really special.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you brought that up, because when you first started with the Dodgers in twenty fourteen, it just seems so far away, a little bit out of reach. You guys were just missing something or some luck. In twenty fourteen when you guys started this run and you were a big part of it, have you had a chance to reflect on where it started and where it's at right now for you and the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember it started kind of the same way.
Speaker 4: We have the best player in the game at the time, on Clayton Kersha on the mound for us every five days. But definitely when you have a team like that, you kind of like continue to get to a playoff and get there every single year, but you couldn't like really put it away because you're missing this kind of ability of making this a complete family that is coming from.
Speaker 3: All over the place.
Speaker 4: And I think a big difference is being kind of like the guys who are being the core of this team for a long time get together for a few so when you see the Mookie Kik, Will Smith and and all these guys kind of grew together. So that's that's when we're seeing right now.
Speaker 3: A lot of talent.
Speaker 4: Obviously we show Yamamoto and people coming from different places, but these guys are the the column of this of this foundation because they really been putting work and I mean they they got to the Wars series, they couldn't get it done. But now is the time where they know how to win, and they know how to win together.
Speaker 1: And Miguel Roja is a big part of the pillar of the Dodgers success back to back World Series championships. He came back to the Dodgers and he has won back to back championships. A legacy player now forever in Dodger history. All right, so where's the ring did you bring the ring. Is it in your pocket?
Speaker 4: No, I didn't put it onto that because I had it on last night, but.
Speaker 2: I brought the small one.
Speaker 3: So a ring is really special. So the one the one this year. You can open the up on the on.
Speaker 4: The face of that top there's a little bit of a home plate is a home plate and a little bit of dirt from home playing Game seven in Toronto. So pretty special. So kind of like a really good touch right there. And then when you open there's this older little rint that you can wear every single day. And I'm planning on wearing this this ring a lot. So you say World City Champions back to back LA Dodgers, how about that?
Speaker 1: And it doesn't happen without Miguel Rojas's home run as the Dodgers were down to their final two outs. What what has been the last two nights for you and your teammates? Because Opening day celebration you did a great job with Will Ferrell and coming in on the low Rider, and then last night the ring ceremony. I mean it feels like it's not just a game anymore. It's an event when you come to Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a it's a show. Every single night, and they deserve the show every days. It's not the videos, it's not just the the stuff that happened behind the scenes or before the game is actually the game.
Speaker 3: You guys are seeing the product of what we're doing.
Speaker 4: Every single year, this team got better and last night was a perfect example for those two guys coming into the team and Carl Talker driving in the the winning run. And obviously for me that I watched the game a little bit more, he's a bad early in the game when he walked after being al to and getting on base for Mookie to hit that we run Homer. That's the that's the difference that these guys are gonna are gonna make on this team. And obviously I mean the trumpets. Who didn't like the trumpets trumpets last night they were amazing. Sugar Dias coming into the town closing the game that year, that gives you that extra energy that you need sometimes lay in the game.
Speaker 3: And I'm so happy that we got those guys as well.
Speaker 4: But definitely, these guys deserve all the all the love, all the things that are happening are right now, and the city o l in baseball, I think definitely like you say, it's a show every single day, and for me it's being really emotional because I know this is gonna be my last year, but I mean, you're always gonna miss those times, you know, opening days, these rains, cere morning. Yesterday, what an amazing day to kind of remember and kind of close out the book because we got somewhere to go this year and we were trying to win a third one in a row.
Speaker 1: How do you how do you stay in the moment knowing it's your last year, knowing that you guys have an ultimate goal that you can't achieve all at once. So how does Miguel Rojas, knowing what's the opportunity and knowing this is your last year in Major League Baseball? How do you stay in the moment each and every day?
Speaker 4: Yeah, my mindset is empty the tank every single day. I don't have a I don't have to worry about what going to happen next year. I already talked Dave rovers anything that you need from me, pulled me in the game at any any chance, any any opportunity you have, Just get me in there, because I'm not going to be complaining about being tired or anything like that, because I get rest after after this year, but definitely that's the way that I'm kind of approaching it and sprint training. I knew it was all about getting ready for the season and all that, but I feel like it's my opportunity to kind of like give it all out. And that doesn't mean that I didn't before, but I feel like right now it's like I'm enjoying every single game like it's my last one because it is the last opportunity of doing everything almost every single day.
Speaker 2: So for me, that's the way.
Speaker 3: That I'm going to approach it and looking forward.
Speaker 4: To to win the last game of the season. Again.
Speaker 1: Hey, Miguel Rojas is at ws and Boro Heights and he's going to be in the starting lineup tonight against the leftie Edward or Rodriguez.
Speaker 2: First pitch at six'. Ten, hey going back to last.
Speaker 1: Night you're such a guy that is a vocal, leader leads by, example work ethic every Day outani is the same. Way how about is that bat in the eighth inning last night After freeland got the leadoff double for him to hit the ball to the right side to get free in the third base For. Tucker does that go unnoticed by everybody in the dugout or is that just something that should.
Speaker 3: Happen, YEAH i mean it will never go.
Speaker 4: On, notice we totally understand the quality of players that we have and the talent that we have in this clubhouse and around this, team but the willingness and the un selfishness to kind of take that about knowing that we don't need a home. Run we just need to get that guy over to third. Base he got down in the hole with two strikes early on. Him he was able to take some tough pitches and then all of a sudden there's a pitch up in the sauna and he's rolling over a ball to second. Base the best player in the world doing. That that, said the don't for the. Rest you, know if the best player in the war back to BACK mvp or three times in a row and four TIMES mpp is doing, that everybody else gonna follow. Suit SO i feel like that's the that's the beauty and the the how pretty this team. Is because we're full of, talent we're full of, starts and we all understand.
Speaker 3: That but at the same, time we all understand.
Speaker 4: That there's things to be needs to be done during the game that it doesn't acquire to be so, talented which is like running hard to first, base supporting your, teammates being on the bench for. OTHERS i think that's that's what we do really. Good and we don't write those roller coasters of emotions too.
Speaker 3: Much we're trying to stay level as much as we. Can and the emotional.
Speaker 4: One you can be emotional because you don't have a bat in your, hand you. Know but at the end of the, day it's, like how can we maintain the level of excellence throughout the year and then when we're, down we're not.
Speaker 3: Gonna look like we're sow.
Speaker 4: Down and when we're, up we're gonna enjoy it if we win The World, series because that's the ultimate.
Speaker 3: Goal but a.
Speaker 4: Game is a, game and we need to win win them. All so if we don't win them, all that's gonna be a we're not gonna get what we want to.
Speaker 3: Get in that, day which is winning the.
Speaker 4: Game so that's how we approach it in the, clubhouse and that's why we.
Speaker 3: Are we have a pretty good.
Speaker 1: Team so you won the series? Already are we keeping The taqi going after every series win this?
Speaker 2: Season?
Speaker 3: YEP i love it tea chats last night for, sure and.
Speaker 4: Looking forward to get another one tonight because we always get one when we win the, series because we secure the series and then if we, sweep we do, it we do it.
Speaker 2: Again oh, yeah the thing is it's an off date.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow SO i love.
Speaker 2: IT i love it all.
Speaker 1: Right one one more Thing i'm gonna give To Miguel rojas and to everybody. Else it's kind of full circle to his home, run and then he's gonna take photos and a meet and greet with all. You as you were getting your ring last. NIGHT i had The Blue Jays a's game on.
Speaker 2: In the radio. Booth you know what happened as you were getting your.
Speaker 1: Ring Jeff hoffman was giving up a game tying home run and the ninth. Inning how crazy is? That you don't have to say. ANYTHING i just want to let you know that was. HAPPENING i.
Speaker 3: HEARD i heard all about it.
Speaker 4: Already you know social, media you know social media say, so oh, yeah right, right.
Speaker 2: Not big, secret not big.
Speaker 4: Secret, yeah so they so a, friend a friend of mine after the game was, Older.
Speaker 3: Uh send me kind of like the. Video, yeah like the two things happen at the same.
Speaker 2: Time see you're ahead of. Mean thank, you thank you for letting me. Know, Hey, miguel the, fans they're foaming at the. Mouth they want to get to know. You they want to shake your, hand they want to give you a.
Speaker 1: Hug you deserve all this because the game certainly has rewarded you for your commitment to the.
Speaker 2: Game how you've emptied the.
Speaker 1: Tank and thank you for coming out To Boil hips to meet all the. Fans thank you some, pictures that's, go let's. Go Miguel rojas is in the house AT wss And Boil.
Speaker 2: Heights