Speaker 1: Golden Ticket Raffle, you could win two tickets to more than fifty Minnesota sporting events, Clinton, The Twins, the Wild, Tim Rolls, Aurora Links, United FC, Frost, GOP for Sports, and more.
Speaker 2: Now through September thirtieth.
Speaker 1: Visit MNS Golden ticket dot com for locations, hours and details on how you could win.
Speaker 3: And welcome back to the Patrick Marshow Thank you, thatch Go. Our special guest is on the hotline. I'm very interested to talk to her because I've just read the article on the Star Tribune from Neil Justin that came out yesterday morning, and uh, I can't wait to hear the new special. To watch the new special, Corey, would you like to punch upper?
Speaker 2: Kenny, Well, I can do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, A couple of us have already seen it. Marnie Gellner, you were there laughing and stocking. I was there just laughing and not stocking. But Kelsey Cook joins The Power Trip Morning Show, now live from New York.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Kelsey, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Ragula. Yeah, big day, thank you.
Speaker 5: This feels like Christmas Morning times one hundred.
Speaker 4: So before we talk about the special, talk about your day because You're in New York, right, You're doing some kind of a press tour today.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I have I have to run over some morning TV here in just a few minutes, and then podcasts like ABC News stuff tonight, and then we're having a like a special party. So it's been NonStop at all great things, damn.
Speaker 4: And I saw on your Insta stories in the last twenty four or forty eight hours that this isn't just oh cool I got a Netflix special. You specifically said this was like your dream, this was your goal about a decade ago. So the fact that it's finally here is kind of blowing your mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 5: I had shared a few days ago a story about submitting a ten minute tape to Netflix like ten years ago and whine it so badly back then. But it freaked out because I had like for sending the perfect submission email, and after I hit sent, I realized that the subject of the email said net Films tape, and I like lost my mind because I was like, oh, I just like thought they would never take me seriously if they felt like I would just send emails with the same of their company misspelled, you know. So this has been like a long quest to get the Netflix.
Speaker 6: Specile Kelsey, because this was so important to you, and I'm imagining you had such a hand in the editing and the tweaking and the final say. Was it hard to know when you were like, Okay, done, print and send, did you want to just keep like tweaking every little teeny tiny bit of it because it was so important to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, it is like hard sometimes to stop messing with it, because you're right, you can kind of like keep adjusting, you know, oh do we want that shot shot? But you do get to a point also where you're so sick of washing yourself You're like, I can't watch this anymore. This just has to be the one and you will. You will hear your friends chiplunk laugh at it. I look at that. Oh that that is I didn't know it was, like I said, I thought it was like a being murdered or something. But you can sure hear her laugh.
Speaker 7: Okay, well that's an accurate description. Excellent. Thanks for not editing that out, hey, Kelsey.
Speaker 8: When you know we could have.
Speaker 2: Go ahead when you.
Speaker 8: Have something like this, like Marty asked, do you have like some of your other you know, you're soon to be husband. Other comics that you know, maybe look at it like they're you know, like giving it a second opinion, what maybe what they would ask or or due to it to make it even more special than it already is.
Speaker 5: Definitely. Yeah, you know, Chad was at the show and Fargo that was like two weeks before I shot the special, watching it, you know, letting me know if he thought anything was just like a little off or could be better. And then when I'm trying Taylor Tomlinson, she and I were doing shows in Denver the we right before the safe and so she was able to come to one of mine and watch as well. So it's just nice to know that, like, you're not going in completely blind. And obviously I also had run this material so many times on tour, but I just respect Chad and Taylor and their opinions so much.
Speaker 2: So that was nice. Kelsey.
Speaker 3: I was just reading that article on the Start Tribune about you, and I find it really interesting because my daughter and I were just talking about this.
Speaker 9: Last night on the phone.
Speaker 3: You talk about in this article you had a profess I sort of tell you one time that you were putting way more effort into a class than you have to. And but look, yeah, and you you're described by a bunch of your friends as being a workaholic. Later in the article, you mentioned that Chad has, when he brought you here to Minnesota, kind of encouraged you to slow down. So there's a giant dichotomy there. How are you doing with that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I really like how to very tight grip on what I thought the amount of work I should be doing was. And Chad slowly has like helped me pluck a claw out of each of the things and be like, look, you gotta just like enjoy the products of your work too. And because he he has taken summers off of touring quite a while so that he, you know, could some time with his kids when they were off of school. And this is the first summer in my life that I have taken off of touring, and I've been like shocked at how much I loved it, like almost dangerously good, where I'm like, oh, this feels so good and it's hard to get back into work now. And I never thought I would feel that way. So I actually enjoyed it more than.
Speaker 2: I thought I would.
Speaker 9: But Kelsey don't the voices get really loud?
Speaker 5: Oh? The voice they sure.
Speaker 2: Do, all right.
Speaker 4: So your special came out at midnight, correct, So we need to like flood the views and everybody that's listening needs to watch it. It's called Happy Hours on Netflix. You gotta watch it today. Let's let's let's get this first rush of numbers to be gigantic so Netflix sees it.
Speaker 5: Yes, please. I I've been telling people like, even if you can't sit down and watch it this morning, if like anybody can just play before they leave for work, I will entertain your pet like and then you can sit down and actually watch it later. But that first day or two of getting the views is so important for the top ten, you know, So I just anything you guys can do spreading the word. I love shooting it there in Saint Paul. It's just it's been such a great experience. So thank you guys for having me on the promote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: And we get to see you in ten days because you won your initials quarter finals, so you're back here in ten days on the twenty eighth to to square off against three other people.
Speaker 2: So we'll see you in a little bit too, Yes, I'm.
Speaker 5: So excited to be back. I'll see you guys so soon.
Speaker 2: That's super cool. Have a great day.
Speaker 9: You go get them.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're all cheering for you, and we're all gonna watch it fifteen or twenty times.
Speaker 2: I'm going to watch it right now.
Speaker 1: Oh, you guys are the best.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: All right, congratulating See Kelsey, I love you.
Speaker 2: Oh, Marni, we're talking all right, the best. Look, you're just a psycho. You already did it. You guys both already did it.
Speaker 4: Same Yeah, all right, so yeah, let's all just hit play on on Netflix right now. You can hear Marny's friend laughing like a chipmunk.
Speaker 10: Squirrel murdered, murdered squirrel, right, murdered. She's a big star. Yeah, she's so good. No, not not shanning so much. I mean, I don't know her very well. I've met her.
Speaker 4: She's going to be a big star. Pull your hands up, shouting sight unseen.
Speaker 2: He likes squirrel.
Speaker 4: His goal is to make him sound like a murdered squirrel. So sure, yeah, accomplished.
Speaker 9: Hey I think I'm doing right then.
Speaker 4: That's probably the name of your next album. Murdered Squirrel no, Marnie and I were both there. She killed it. I thought the whole hour was fantastic, so I will definitely re quote watch it. I guess by watching it on Netflix it was fantastic in person. I'm sure it translates. Yeah, ten out of ten on the old screen is in.
Speaker 3: Case you're wondering what the name of it's called happy hour, A happy Hour, and I am streaming it as we speak.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. When she was go ahead, I was going.
Speaker 7: To play the laugh for you.
Speaker 2: From this is the one she practiced.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is Shannon at the taping.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, oh my oh boy.
Speaker 2: Not from the Netflix special. Do you hate Kelsey?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: Imagine, I could imagine. Kelsey said, she's been trying to get this for ten years. She finally gets a Netflix special, and then she works for weeks trying to edit that laugh out because it's so distracting, because it ruins the special.
Speaker 3: It sounds like it sounds like I can't get my pento to start.
Speaker 2: It's like a murdered squirrel.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Well, there you go. I he's remember the the part of the special where she talks about her mom's dementia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think she did that in the in the for her previous special.
Speaker 2: I think she did it.
Speaker 3: Even more if I remember right, the one on Hulu, and in this article with Neil justin here she talks about how it's only three minutes of the of her time, but it took her a long time to get it right because that's a you know, yeah, tricky And Neil says, this is what separates her from this makes her from being a good comedian to meet a great comedian.
Speaker 9: I'm like, wow, that's pretty interesting.
Speaker 4: I mean, she makes her mom's dementia funny without making fun of her mom. Right, that's a that's a tight rope to walk, and that's that's a great skill. You ever seen the She posted this this week too, because I've been following her as she's like, I'm talking her on Instagram, Arnie, Like you are, yeah, But it's been fun to watch her get super pumped about the release of this Netflix special. But she reposted a clip from a handful of years ago, because obviously, again she's a world class foosball player, right, her parents are both like world class foosball players.
Speaker 2: That's how they met. And there's some clip of a guy like heckleing her basically.
Speaker 4: Like I'll play you, and they he like challenges her and they bet one hundred dollars and she's like, oh, you're about to get f up.
Speaker 2: And the look on her face and he's like, i'll bet you one hundred dollars. She's like she's so excited.
Speaker 4: It's like I've never seen what is it the color of money or the hustler like the Paul.
Speaker 2: But all I could think about is when you're so good.
Speaker 4: At something, and especially something like foosball, where it's hard to look at somebody and go are you good or not? It's not like you're a six foot ten basketball player.
Speaker 2: It's just like I can take this chicken foosball. I can't imagine how great that feels to be like.
Speaker 4: Oh, you have no chance and you have you're no idea, you're hit exactly Billy Madison raising the kickball right now. You're all in big, big trouble man.
Speaker 2: That's got to be great.
Speaker 9: I tell you, guys, though, don't we hate that guy the hustler?
Speaker 2: No, the guy?
Speaker 7: The oh?
Speaker 2: The guy says I bet I don't you hate that guy?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: And it hangs out with that guy, right.
Speaker 4: And what's crazy is like they posted a photo or she posted a photo and he's smiling and she smiling.
Speaker 2: So maybe he was a good natured dude.
Speaker 4: Maybe he knew like, all right, I know you're good, but I just want to I want to bet you one hundred and if I get smoked, it would be just a good story to bet one hundred dollars. But to your point, if you're literally that guy going you got no chance, girl, then of course I hate that guy just like more.
Speaker 3: So, just shut up us doing a show.
Speaker 2: Hecklers in general suck.
Speaker 9: I hate that man.
Speaker 4: Right, I have no interest in booing at sporting events. I have no interest in heckling. I don't understand that logic at all.
Speaker 3: But you know the guy who yells at people for not parking their they're shopping carts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to follow cart arcs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to follow hecklers to their work and be like, hey.
Speaker 8: You kind of do that though hard the person a little bit. You did email that one No I'm not saying you're heckler, but you emailed that one guy at his work, that one guy that was hammering you that oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah deserves He was a school teacher. You shouldn't have been saying stuff like that. Yeah, you know what I mean, won't do it again.
Speaker 7: Found out who he was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I found his school and yeah, some terrible things.
Speaker 7: We've talked about that before. I just show up. Really, you said this type.
Speaker 4: Whatever, make it feel human and real, and all of a sudden they change their minds.
Speaker 9: I was just.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Heckler's.
Speaker 4: Almost every stand up comedian that we have in we asked them about like crowd work and Heckling because that's a huge thing on social media right. There's a lot of people that are famous just for crowd work, not their actual sets. And there's a handful of them that are so good that I'm like, man, I could watch them do this all day. They're just fantastic at it, like that what is his name, Lucas Zelnick, I think is his name. He's fantastic. Yeah. But then there's others that take the craft super seriously, like Anthony Jesslmic worries about every single word of every single joke. It's weird when you have people that are in the middle that Kelsey's content or what's the word I'm looking for her just her material. Thank you her material is good enough to stand on her own, but also when she posts crowd work work online, it's like, God, she's great at that too. So there's people that can do both. But I wonder how the material people feel about the social media influence on the heckler, because now everybody thinks they get to go and heckle. Yeah, It's like, well, I'm not. I'm not a crowd work person. I'm here to do my bit, like it or not, but take it or leave it. Yeah, But I think Kelsey's embraced being right in the middle where she can do both at an elite level.
Speaker 3: Said in the articles she and I'm sorry I said in the article that she and Chatty you thinking about doing a sitcom?
Speaker 2: Oh no kidding? Really? Oh wow?
Speaker 6: Hmm, sorry, Well no, on the on the heck heckel business, the comedian is kind of in charge as to whether you acknowledge, you know, and give life to the heckler or just let those things land and hopefully, you know, get an usher or someone like get them out of here. But if you feel like it's material, you can you have a retort for or you have some good comebacks where you kind of engage but if you're like, I don't I can't think of anything funny to say to that, or this is annoying versus potentially funny. You're kind of in the driver's seat as the comedian, right.
Speaker 4: If you if you think you have something sauce, you do stand up comedy, right, do you?
Speaker 8: Or do crowd work? I got heckled once by my cousin. She showed up, hammered and sat and heckled me for twenty minutes. That's insane. So you got to thrown out of there because they the crowd work people always use me like there, like who are you here with?
Speaker 2: You're right? What do you do for work? Where are you from?
Speaker 4: Pretend Marnie and Bonus are a couple. Just see if you can crowd work these two in the front row go.
Speaker 8: Hell ys, don't look at me? Happy to be here? What brings you to to stand up tonight?
Speaker 2: We don't like.
Speaker 11: Living with each other in the same tallhouse and that's our anniversary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, congratulations, thank you. We were going to do our planning.
Speaker 8: Oh you heard it talk money, Yeah, yes, spend.
Speaker 7: Too much on this ticket?
Speaker 8: Yeah, well thanks for coming.
Speaker 2: Wow, great crowd work.
Speaker 4: So you interview them and they have the jokes and you had the questions.
Speaker 2: Okay, awesome, that was the news technically thanks to.
Speaker 3: Kelsey Friends with the you s Paul Saints by the way, cochs Field Ready for baseball on the twenty fifth, Get your tickets to Saints Baseball dot com.
Speaker 9: Saints Baseball dot com.
Speaker 4: So awso will walk us through sports when we get back, you'll have all of the news, all news, no crowd work. When The Power Trip Morning Show returns after this on the fan.
Speaker 3: It's Chris Hockey The Power Trip Morning Show. It's a big old country Okay.
Speaker 9: Here we go.
Speaker 4: I can't tell if this is supposed to be like a generic Millie Vanilli open or generic like stings.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it sounds more like that, I feel you.
Speaker 2: It sounds like the beginning of like a Miami Vice episode. What else does it sound exactly like?
Speaker 8: Like cool hold music when you're waiting to find out why you're crotchitches?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Hawk?
Speaker 9: Amen?
Speaker 2: Brothers, Amen, think about that.
Speaker 4: Somebody had to think of what music should be on hold while you're waiting for a crotch diagnosis?
Speaker 2: Hawks, and they said, how about some smooth jazz?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'll let him down easy.
Speaker 3: The news is terrible, ye, and yet either helped me make it through the night or celebration time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's time for a fan five on the Power Trip. Hello, Hi, our guy Tom Pella Sero.
Speaker 8: Found out while he's found out probably before, but he will be joining net Flix's Game Day as a sideline reporter and NFL insider for their games this season. As Corey said a couple of hours ago, it's only five games, but it starts with the Niners and Rams week one in Australia. Good for Tom Man. And then he'll be on Bill Simmons stuff on the Ringer and all that.
Speaker 2: Which is awesome. Good for Ringer stuff is great.
Speaker 6: It's all shocked that he landed in a great spot. Yeah, it was just a matter of which grade spot.
Speaker 7: He was going to land.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's awesome.
Speaker 4: And ESPN continues to go all in on Steven A. Smith and Pat McAfee and they just kick everybody else to the curb. So they're going with those two and everybody else can just figure it out. I guess whatever. Yeah, interesting strategy. Yeah, Tom's great for you, he deserves it, Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to bother them. Because I didn't know what was going on, and I wasn't sure what the noncompete was. We'd heard so many different things about we did. Yeah, but apparently figured it out.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. Let's go yeah, hell yeah, man.
Speaker 9: Maybe we'll have a special on Netflix.
Speaker 4: All of our friends are on Netflix except for us, and Netflix now has podcasts. Yeah right, there's like, you know, whatever, just a bunch of I hear it ones too, which is not us.
Speaker 9: Not us though.
Speaker 2: That's okay, Yeah, it's okay. We're fine, are we?
Speaker 9: You know we are?
Speaker 4: No, we're very happy. Yeah, everything's great. It's Tuesday and we're happy. What's going on here? Well, bony is and somebody spiked the punch.
Speaker 8: Speaking of football, three weeks from tomorrow, the NFL season opens with the Patriots at the world champion Seahawks, where we learned on Hard Knocks they will unveil their Super Bowl stuff.
Speaker 2: So that'll be right.
Speaker 8: In front of the Patriots three weeks from tomorrow and NBC, the Seahawks are three and a half point favorites.
Speaker 9: I know you have Saucy anybody else watch Hard Knocks? Yet? No?
Speaker 3: In episode one, very first, they're getting their Super Bowl rings and they lower them down from the ceiling. Oh, and they open up the box and the rings themselves. You have a button on the ring that pops out and says more things. They're huge. Yeah, there are so many diamonds. But it's unbelievable how intricate these things are.
Speaker 2: They're huge.
Speaker 9: It's pretty incredible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, pretty neat little trap doors on a ring.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And there, as Hawks said, they're about the size of the top, like the like top of like a yettie.
Speaker 9: They're huge.
Speaker 8: The Twins beat the Braves four to two to snap their three game losing streak. Same two teams today at six forty. Former Twin Tyler Malley will go for the Braves.
Speaker 2: Forgot about him. Twins flipped to the script after the last two.
Speaker 11: They pulled their starter a little bit early, and they turned the game over to the bullpen, and the bullpen held it down along with some good defensive plays by Cody Clemens in the eighth inning yesterday. So one, this is their toughest stretch of remaining games. They've had three they have They've just finished one series versus the Phillies. They've got this one versus the Braves. They got the Padres coming up next, as three National League teams, all of whom would be in the postseason if they season ended right now, and Twins are you know, I think fourteen and twenty six versus the National League, because the National League's really good. Fortunately, the National League's good against all of the other American League teams, and that puts the Twins. That means the Twins are just a half game out of the wildcard spot right now. So after they finish this stretch, things get a lot easier, including fifteen games versus the Al Central, where they can make up some ground, both both versus the White Sox and the Tigers and Cleveland seth them put themselves in a good position for some tie breakers if it comes to that.
Speaker 2: Fancy. So they've got they've.
Speaker 11: Got to keep their head above water here about for about five more games, and then we'll see what happens.
Speaker 6: Take me out to the Rightame me out to the game. Yeah I worked those attention, Yeah, I worked those games Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 2: Dude, you have to wait for the microstoff.
Speaker 7: I'm going in the home.
Speaker 4: Dude, can't stop Rob Low from singing right Let the man finish great bit.
Speaker 2: He's the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you love parks and rec right, Marins, You've seen that episode probably a baker's dozen number of times.
Speaker 2: Go on though you were working the games.
Speaker 7: Is he done?
Speaker 4: He's done? He was nineteen point eight seconds.
Speaker 2: Ok.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to add that that was the most frustrated I have heard and seen our guy, Derek Shelton on Saturday and Sunday, and it was uncomfortable.
Speaker 11: He was pissed, he was puss I mean in part because he ended up leaving a starter, and I mean, I think his natural what he has shown so far this season is he likes to ride his starter a little bit longer than say Rocco did, But that was because he had a crappy bullpen for the first four months, and yesterday he changed it up a little bit.
Speaker 7: So it still hindsight is twenty twenty though.
Speaker 6: You know, that's so hard to know, because even when asked in postgame, his response was like, well, the guy was at like.
Speaker 7: Sixty four pitches and was in complete.
Speaker 2: Control, right, So he's right, and he was right, it just went sideways.
Speaker 6: That's real and you have no way of knowing that, right, But absolutely my point was.
Speaker 7: Also, the Twins haven't played very well and so that that's correct. That feeds into it.
Speaker 6: So our guy Shelty needs to be in a better mood and in order for that to happen, they got to win some games.
Speaker 7: So that was a good last night.
Speaker 2: He's done a good job. Yeah he has with what he has. Yeah, he's done a really good job.
Speaker 7: Yes he has.
Speaker 8: New Orleans Saints rookie Jordan Tyson, who was hurt all through college, will miss up to two months with a write hamstring injuries.
Speaker 2: Not good.
Speaker 7: Who was hurt all he was?
Speaker 2: He was hurt all in college. Yeah no, uh marns.
Speaker 8: The Links are twenty nine and seven and they will battle the Valkyries tomorrow at o'clock.
Speaker 6: Significant because the Golden State Valkyries are the number two seed in the w NBA.
Speaker 7: The only other team.
Speaker 6: Well, I know you did, but not everybody does. It's the only other team in the entire WNBA with a single digit losses. The Valkyries have nine losses.
Speaker 4: Seven Rose sauce best guess, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: What do you think of Valkyrie is? Well, because I've seen a bunch of.
Speaker 8: Marvel movies and that I think a valkyrie is a lady that rides a horse and has a cool weapon and texts, uh, they're are warrior ladies on horses.
Speaker 2: Close enough. Nailed it, Yeah, yeah, nailed it all your hands up.
Speaker 4: Warrior ladies on horses. They don't even have to be named Xena. They just have to have a horse and a quote weapon China.
Speaker 2: The old wrestler would hawk. That's right, thank you, having Oh, he for sure would. Yeah he saw that movie, right, Hogs.
Speaker 9: Did you see the film a few times?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He never saw a wrestle, I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Hogs, daddy, your golden go for football team battles Eastern Illinois sixteen days from today at seven and last night we got our first AP preseason top twenty five.
Speaker 2: Before number five, we are not on there.
Speaker 8: The Buckeys are one, yeah, Ducks are two, the Georgia Bulldogs are three, Notre Dames four.
Speaker 2: In Texas, we're better than all of those. And then Indiana is six. And how about this, Hogs, I know you knew this.
Speaker 8: September twelfth, we get number five Texas hosting number one Ohio State at six point thirty on September twelfth.
Speaker 2: That'll be great here.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if he lives up to the hype, finally we'll find out.
Speaker 2: That'll be really fun and college football.
Speaker 4: Remind me, I believe Eastern Illinois is a forty three and a half point dog. Yes, sir, and you took Eastern Illinois and the points I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah forty yeah, forty three and a half and a half. Yep. Yeah. You can't like the old me. Now this is the old me.
Speaker 8: Now, this is the let's the new meeting the old you get right, that's something you do because like I think, like Texas is playing North.
Speaker 2: Texas, that's right.
Speaker 8: The old me would say, wow, what an opponent to open up with. But the new wee they all do it like here, let's take a gander's here.
Speaker 2: The way is the from like two weeks ago?
Speaker 4: Because I feel like you said this recently, like a nice schedule, my godbrand since twenty since July thirteenth, twenty fifth Missouri.
Speaker 8: On Thursday, September third, they host Arkansas Pine Bluff.
Speaker 2: Okay, they are fifty four and a half point favorite.
Speaker 8: So what would the old you have said, schedule somebody better for your opening game?
Speaker 2: What is the new you say? I get it?
Speaker 8: Indiana plays North Texas their first game. They're forty one point favorites.
Speaker 4: What Texas is in tiny What would the old you have said about Ben Stiller he's trash? What does the new you say he's trash?
Speaker 8: Ohio State plays Hawk's sisters favorite team, Ball State Week one. They're fifty point favorites. Everybody plays crappy team.
Speaker 9: There's no preseason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no preseason. It's the right thing to do.
Speaker 8: Beat the piss out of them, maybe by forty points and we can all move on.
Speaker 2: Who's talking the new me?
Speaker 9: Dean and new me?
Speaker 2: Do we like the old sauce or the new sauce better?
Speaker 3: Is there a se Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: You guys hated the old sauce, so did you? So you think about the new one? The problem was that you hated him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have a question for new sauce.
Speaker 2: Yes, ma'am. What do the.
Speaker 6: I don't know, bad teams like North Texas, what's their preseason? If they have to play a good team right out of the gate.
Speaker 2: I think they get paid a lot. They make like it pays for everything. Okay, like this right here?
Speaker 7: Did they then?
Speaker 6: I mean, do they come back with a cupcake if you will.
Speaker 2: Check.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, can I ask the new sauce a question? Yes, daddy on ESPN right now. The thing at the bottom of the caption at the bottom of the screen says, Travis Kelsey still got that shimmy in season fourteen.
Speaker 2: I mean, you got to play the old hits, man. It works for them, good for them, this is the new pole.
Speaker 8: I mean, you know, we're glad our guy, Tom Pella, Sarah Landon on his feet, great job keeping trap or what's the other one, Jason. I mean it's a good thing. They've done good things that those guys get it. Yeah, I mean good for Travis, Like right here, how badly? Yeah, I don't know what what's happening to him?
Speaker 2: How about how badly?
Speaker 4: Did you want to learn that whole song and handshaking stuff, uh hawk from Big when they Yeah, of course and they were walking down the street doing that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I wanted a friend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was so cool to learn that song and do the little handshaking stuff. But yeah, I would just kill for one friend at this point.
Speaker 9: And I also wanted a lady in her thirties there, you.
Speaker 12: Know, excuse me, everybody, man, she was her face she should have been like, somebody should have had to keep her off the roof of the building after she found out how old Josh Baskins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and honestly, she should have been projectile vomiting in the.
Speaker 2: Car, not smirking. I know she should have been vomiting. That's setting a countdown time.
Speaker 4: Right, that's almost a definition of grooming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally right, it's terrible.
Speaker 9: She probably needed grooming.
Speaker 4: It was the late oh La ladies, and you loved it. But Baskin didn't know the difference.
Speaker 2: Right at times were different? Times are different about it. Okay, hogs Daddy loved it.
Speaker 9: I did.
Speaker 2: How old were you when you were calling those one nine hundred numbers? How much did you.
Speaker 3: Spend a lot eight and about three hundred and sixty dollars?
Speaker 9: I think was a number three fifty sevens of my dead?
Speaker 2: Did you have like an older sounding voice or no?
Speaker 3: No, they knew it, did I weren't. Again, I wasn't talking swex with him.
Speaker 2: I just wanted a friend.
Speaker 9: I was so lonely.
Speaker 3: I lived down the country, my big brother at all, growed up by myself the way.
Speaker 4: Do you remember when do you remember when they made Psycho with Vince Vaughan and they did it shot for shot, right. They tried to remake Psycho exactly the same shot for shot that Vince Vaughan was in the lead role, right instead of Perkins.
Speaker 2: What if we do we reshoot.
Speaker 4: Big with new actors and actresses, right, and we do it shot for shot. It is the exact same movie until the scene where Josh turns back into a kid, and then we have whoever's playing that role just projectile vomit all over her car and she just heave cries and goes, what have I done?
Speaker 2: This is disgusting?
Speaker 4: And she just the last three minutes of the movie are her crying, realizing she's just thrown her entire life away because she's a sexual predator.
Speaker 13: Oh then she goes through the rest of her life.
Speaker 2: Just projectile vomiting kermit.
Speaker 4: For ninety straight seconds, like the puke scene from Team America with a human actress all over her own dashboard. My god, Vikings news is next not big update news. We're gon We're not gonna do that. I think we just did that. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the Fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Quantum Fiber Internet. Hey, it's official.
Speaker 14: The twenty departurep's twenty fifth birthday Bash is on Treasure Island November fifth and sixth.
Speaker 2: Friday.
Speaker 14: Show is open to everyone with the initials game and a church to Vegas with the guys that Grabs Thursday's comedy show featuring Kelsey Cook. We just had on earlier in the show Chad Daniels, Ziamets and Tommy Ryman.
Speaker 2: It's full.
Speaker 14: We can still join the wait list at KF dot com Slash two five and we will have tickets by the way, gentlemen to give away at some point for that so if you missed out, we'll have guaranteed the entry into that Thursday night deal later this fall.
Speaker 3: Thank you, hey, and by the way, an update from our buddy william Sawatach. It was an off weekend for the Minnesota Kid and Nei O'Reilly Otto Park series. Williams Sawatach gets find the wheel of the sound gear car in the regular season finale at Daytona.
Speaker 9: August twenty eighth.
Speaker 3: Swatach is in a tight battle for spot in the twenty twenty six chase, making Daytona a crucial race for the number eighteen team in the Cup Series. Joey Logano got the win in Richmond. Again that was fun race and the next NASCAR Cup Series races next weekend at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
Speaker 9: So there you go, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: If you think you might, are you or someone you love might have hearing loss, please check out starky dot com.
Speaker 9: People often wait way too long to get it checked out.
Speaker 3: Visit starky dot com s T A r K E Y to take an at home hearing test.
Speaker 9: Oh, Williams, So.
Speaker 6: Wallace, can I tell you something about starky?
Speaker 2: Yeah, real quick?
Speaker 9: Please?
Speaker 7: My mom, my mom. Lola, Lola last week dropped.
Speaker 6: Dropped is the wrong word because she was wearing her starky hearing aids as she was boiling if I correct, like like a packaged meat or something in Fargo for supper as we call it. And she leaned over the pot to look at something and her left starky hearing aid.
Speaker 7: Into the pot.
Speaker 9: So that's the story she's going with boiling water.
Speaker 7: And of course you can't just grab that out.
Speaker 6: So Lola ain't tough, but she's a great gal, and she grabbed the tongs, fished it out.
Speaker 2: And she was was it delicious? Though?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think she served it with the mashed potatoesta.
Speaker 2: Tradition, unlike fast forward.
Speaker 6: Because she called me that night and she was so pissed at herself because she's like.
Speaker 7: Why would I exactly hello, ma'am. She did not say, by the way, share this story on the radio. No, she did not say ma'am. Anyway.
Speaker 6: The very next morning, she drove to the starky representative whatever in Fargo, and they gave her a loner pair right there, and then they ordered her a replacement right there. And she called me again right and she was like these they could not have been nicer.
Speaker 7: She was in a sheer panic when this happened.
Speaker 8: Again.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you remember me saying why she got hearing aids in the first place. Her hearing is perfectly fine, but she started getting vertigo and tonightis which is that buzzing and ringing in the air like last December out of kind of nowhere, and the hearing aids have totally reset her kind of regained her life. It is not a small deal. And so I don't mean to go USh, except I'm gushing because it has truly like reset my mom hearing aids someone who did not have a hearing problem.
Speaker 11: So Christy has hearing aids and she often does testing for Stark where they will give her a different model and she and what they are doing in terms of like software and such to help you know, get rid of that. You know, you've got to speaker on your ear like you're gonna there are things that happen like you get you get extra sound, white noise, et cetera. That's just part of having hearing aids. And this is a rimshot that the software and stuff that they have developed and the research they've made on that is amazing.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 7: Has Shiver dropped them in a poduct?
Speaker 3: No, So yeah, it's pretty cool man. And the technology that's come along, which is like there's a lot of things they're doing that I've.
Speaker 9: That we were told about that.
Speaker 3: It's like of course they can do that, you know, the AI stuff that they're using, and the way that it's able to I mean, you know, just going to a different country and being able to understand the language because you're you're hearing it, you.
Speaker 7: Know, liketing it comes in.
Speaker 3: I know, yeah, all kinds of cool things coming, so well done, Starky, and and you know it's God's work, man. They're doing stuff for the little babies out there too, you.
Speaker 2: Know in her backyard. It's in Minnesota, like we have a big impact. And yes, hello, mom, that's Lola.
Speaker 3: There's that young man that's got no hair who's sitting behind the microphone. No, no, no.
Speaker 2: She can't hear the show.
Speaker 9: I'm just going to sw something meat. That's a sweet package of meatle bit.
Speaker 4: If you know somebody that has a hearing problem, you're supposed to reach out to Starky.
Speaker 2: What you get it. It's my dad's favorite choke on the planet. It's like, it's the most basic dad joke of all time.
Speaker 8: Love huh, Hey Dad, did you hear u Dobb's losing his hearing?
Speaker 2: What? He loves that bit? He loves it.
Speaker 9: Hello, somebody say packaged mate, ma'am.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's time.
Speaker 4: Your I mean, the biggest news is not news, It was just what the news was, if that makes sense, Because we all knew Jamal Adams was out for the year. They had said that the day before, but they got a little more specific. Yes today torn right quad, Jamal Adams he's thirty years old.
Speaker 2: Done for the year.
Speaker 4: He played what how many snaps in preseason game number one, so technically zero regular season snaps for.
Speaker 2: The Minnesota Icings. Suh. It's part of the risks.
Speaker 9: Just the worst man.
Speaker 2: So he played.
Speaker 3: Ko talking about him earlier and obviously they can keep him involved in the team anyway they can. But here's Josh Mtellus talking about his impact.
Speaker 2: It feels like he'd been here for a while.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 15: He's the kind of football player like we love in his building, the kind of football players would like to bring in, especially for this defense.
Speaker 2: And uh, you know, for him.
Speaker 15: To you know, have the impact he had on us in these few weeks, and to see him carving out the world for herself, to see him working so hard to you know, claim his name back and his position back in his league, and then for that to happen, Man, it sucks.
Speaker 4: It is so weird how sports like how quickly you know teammates bond, because like if if a sales guy got hired here the first week of August and then uh and then barbar Rabbit came up to us and they said, hey, uh uh, you know, little Steve, you over here, is taken the next year off.
Speaker 2: It's just not working out for him. I go, so what who.
Speaker 4: The guy the guy that was wearing the collared shirts, who was down the hall.
Speaker 2: He started here three weeks I ago. That's the luck. I don't know. I mean, I don't investiated term.
Speaker 9: I wouldn't use that term to be you do the same.
Speaker 2: Thing with any of us. It's not all of you.
Speaker 4: Who do you know what I'm saying, like you just got here, but you know whatever, it's cool, you know, I feel I feel bad for him because you get that not only do you get one life, you get one window to play professional sports, and if you're lazy and you make off the field decisions that are stupid and you throw your career away, it's like, well, that's your fault. But this stuff, it does suck when I you know, I don't know Jamal Adams. I don't know if he's a good dude. But you work your ass off and you have three or four significant injuries, and that basically buzz kills your entire chance to maximize your own path.
Speaker 2: It sucks. It sucks for everybody.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you know, again, maybe maybe it's not the inform I know, they'll give him every opportunity to get back out on the field. Speaking about it on the field, though, Joshna tell USLF, I'm talking about joint practices versus Baltimore would start tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday, and how important it is to the squad.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be physical.
Speaker 15: You know that that's an organization that's known for their physicality, on a team that known for the physicality. Their leaders are very physical, so you know, we know what we're gonna get. Obviously, uh you know, new blood, you know, new feeling for them, you know. But obviously they're trying to reclaim their stake in their division and they're you know, they're placing the league and you know us the same way. So two very hungry teams going out there, you know, trying to see where we're at going into the week one. So I'm excited to get their best and they're gonna get.
Speaker 3: Our Somebody should feed them some packaged meat. They're so hungry.
Speaker 6: I can check with my mom.
Speaker 9: So looking forward to that. Saucy and I are going down there tomorrow and it can't wait.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be great. It's gonna be a beautiful day.
Speaker 9: Hands believe us is going to join us?
Speaker 2: Oh sweet, yeah, Michael Jane must been the third. I think it's at noon Hogs. That's correct. Yeah, that'll be great.
Speaker 9: I believe.
Speaker 2: Why did you?
Speaker 4: Why did you name his son Grant? Why wouldn't he name his son Michael J. Mussman the fourth? The curiority of third? Just keep it going. Do you know any juniors junior?
Speaker 2: Well? No, like do you know them like junior juniors? Or no? I don't either. I don't think so.
Speaker 7: Is that single junior?
Speaker 2: I don't think I do.
Speaker 9: I went to school with three of them.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, but they were probably related to you.
Speaker 2: My grandpa John was a junior.
Speaker 9: Did they call him junior?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: Did he have any sons name lived?
Speaker 11: I'm John Bonas the fourth? I think you but we have. I think it's the horse great corandfathers, the little first one of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's right. Why have we not called you JB? Quatro?
Speaker 7: All right, Jimmy Quattro, your son's name also John.
Speaker 2: So there you go with the middle name NY five j B. Yeah. God, I'm good at coming up with John Bonus nicknames. It's one of my skills. Yeah, do you have any other kids you want nicknames for x I I I, oh, thanks, Elon. I guess Common's kid is a junior.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that sure, But they don't call him Common to No, they call him Daniel. Yeah, which is a question I've always had about juniors.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, yeah, I guess I know more.
Speaker 7: Than what do you call your son Riggs?
Speaker 11: But he goes by John? Now we call him Riggs. Yeah, because I grew up in Case. I grew up in a house with another with my dad named John, and people would call the house and we didn't know what John they were asking for.
Speaker 9: Plus, you love die Hard.
Speaker 4: I bet Bonus has never seen somebody I saw this post. This is not my original thought. Somebody on Instagram posted this a couple days ago, and I hadn't thought of this in a long long time.
Speaker 2: I'm going to paraphrase it, but it was something like.
Speaker 4: Kids today won't understand the skill set it took to small talk with your friend's mom when you called their house. Yes, that's brilliant, right, because if I was like, Hey, I want to I want to hang out with Paul, I got to call Paul and see if he can come over and play I'd be like.
Speaker 2: Is Paul there, Hang on, he's downstairs. I'll get him.
Speaker 4: But then you had to small talk with it with the mom for sixty to ninety seconds, and as like a ten year old. It was intimidating as hell. But now those kids, these kids don't have to do that at all. It's direct contact straight to the friend. But small talking with the parents was terrifying. It was nerve racking someone of the opposite sets asking right, You had to ask their parents, is so and so there?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Well he was calling for the mom was here? He was calling his classman. Can I talk to your mom? What is she doing this weekend? Hell?
Speaker 9: H is this?
Speaker 3: Uh? This Miss Marny? I know Mikey's not home.
Speaker 2: Jesus, you've watched too many.
Speaker 9: Poor what's doing to me?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what is happening?
Speaker 9: I'm miss money?
Speaker 2: Come on, man, asked your question?
Speaker 9: Yeah, and you need him more? You got you got enough meat.
Speaker 4: Over god'sazy impression again, mss Money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you need a special delivery because the ada is having a salean sausage.
Speaker 9: Miss Mint.
Speaker 2: Hello, this is the Indiana art of seduction. Miss Money.
Speaker 3: I know, I know Jim is not home right now. You need to ride anywhere, Miss Money.
Speaker 4: No, forget, this is nineteen eighty nine and women are not allowed to drive Anydiana.
Speaker 2: At this point, he's willing to come pick you up.
Speaker 9: Miss Money has had a few dubs.
Speaker 7: There's southern accent.
Speaker 2: It's offenses.
Speaker 4: It's problematic, miss money, Miss money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't matter. He shot what he needed.
Speaker 9: Miss Monte.
Speaker 3: I got an infection old and I wonder if you take a look at it. Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna bring you over a polaroid shot.
Speaker 2: You need to help.
Speaker 9: S been a cell phone jet.
Speaker 2: You need help.
Speaker 9: It's a long way around, but I'm trying to get you a.
Speaker 2: DP Jesus, Okay, I can't even send those yet. You gotta go to the pro x to get a pull your hands up.
Speaker 8: Somebody sent me something that happened at the Twins game last night, Corey that you are absolutely gonna love.
Speaker 4: The Ryan Jeffers thing. A million people have sent me that. I think they've done that multiple times now. So when they players go up whatever, when they're when they're batting, Yeah, they throw sometimes random facts up on the screen about each player, and a couple of times this year they've for Ryan Jeffers the well you can read it sauce, but then you.
Speaker 8: Were of twenty twenty five, Ryan visited the Power Trip Morning Show on Kfan, played the initials game for the first time and earned the victory.
Speaker 2: Right, so they use the initials wins his.
Speaker 4: Random's fact sometimes that's really cool. That's for abboit Well the Twins michiganets it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, one last point about calling a friend and having to small talk with their parents.
Speaker 2: Do you remember, like not only was it like hey, is Chad there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hang on a second, he had a small talk for sixty or ninety seconds. How about the opposite where it's like, hey, is Chad there? He can't play right now?
Speaker 2: Uh? That like ten seconds of rejection.
Speaker 4: It was almost more awkward than the small talk tap dancing. It's like, oh, well, okay, well then I'll see him on the bus.
Speaker 2: I don't know this phone call okay, peace out.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: It was like you had to learn, as like a ten or eleven year old, how to handle rejection.
Speaker 2: Which I heard a lot of rejections. You know what I'm saying. I got a lot of nose.
Speaker 9: Hello is miss mony?
Speaker 2: Oh god, he's calling back? He's stocking man.
Speaker 9: Miss Money. Yeah, I can see you in the phone booth out front of your house.
Speaker 2: Where do you live?
Speaker 9: I want to know if you'd like to come outside and ply.
Speaker 2: Here in the phone booth. I was just picking through the window on the phone. Don't do that, miss.
Speaker 9: Monny. Yeah, Rose would like to say something to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love to catch Rosie. What are you looking for? Hold on, ron, Rosie. What's the point of this phone called? What are you in need of?
Speaker 9: Miss Monney?
Speaker 3: Tell him to hold on a second. I got to get to the wrap page. I can't find it.
Speaker 2: That means everything.
Speaker 7: Anyway, I would argue, wow, thank you.
Speaker 6: Phone etiquette as well, just as in like sometimes Grady will call me and as I'm answering, he's like, hey Mom, I'm like, well, remember I should answer, and then you should, just because I don't know if he's going to call someone like a I don't know if he's interviewing for a job or something.
Speaker 7: And the guys, as the guy.
Speaker 2: Is answering, he's like, hey, hi, this is Grady.
Speaker 7: I'm looking for it.
Speaker 6: Like because they haven't grown up with phones like that, They've grown up with their friends answering going.
Speaker 7: Bro, what you do?
Speaker 4: All three of my girls, and my wife is forty one. She grew up in the age of calling people right on phones. But all three of my girls do the same thing. When I call them, it's silence and I'll go hello, and they all go, you called me God, And I'm like, do you still have to acknowledge that the phone call has started? They they literally they answer in silence and they're like waiting for me to talk because I called, and they say Hi, No. And every time I'll go Hello, Hello, the go yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 2: You called me. I'll go, I should just live on an island. They're annoyed.
Speaker 4: I should be the witch from the ODYSSEEA and just hang out with my pig friends. All your hands out, which from the Odyssey a billion percent?
Speaker 2: Hello? Hello? Now he's calling her?
Speaker 3: Yes? And a chance you have a which out and maybe some glasses? Miss moaning? Yeah, little truth over there, miss money?
Speaker 9: Is your mother home?
Speaker 2: Okay? Trand five and a second headlines later.
Speaker 4: This is the Power to morning show on the Fan from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Rocanto