Speaker 1: Very important.
Speaker 2: Every hour, we have a keyword for you to win that trip to see Sabrina Carpenter. And it's simple to do. You got to go to LA and you go the get the hotel, you get the airfare, we get you over like to the to the venue.
Speaker 1: What is it so fi arena? I'm not really sure arena?
Speaker 2: If you want to go Sabrina Carpenter sold out show live in sunny warm Los Angeles. Yes, we're giving this away. You just got to enter the keyword, which is please as in your song Please Please Please. Go open to the iHeartRadio app, tap the red microphone button and say the keyword is please. And you don't have to add anything to But who want to? We want to see me? Happy birthday? You can get in there you don't like to?
Speaker 3: How are you gonna get flooded with talkback singing your happy birthday?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know? I feel the love?
Speaker 4: Yeah do?
Speaker 1: What can I say?
Speaker 3: I would love to feel the love today at Coats for Kids, because I'm going to be at Pilgrim Dry Cleaners in Wysetta from eleven thirty am to one thirty pm collecting coats. The way that it works is any new or gently used coat. You can bring them by and you can drop it off at any Pilgrim dry cleaners. I know why is that is probably not the best location for someone who lives in Woodbury, But those Pilgrim dry cleaners out there, so they always have a box for kids and you can drop those off at any location.
Speaker 5: But if you come by and see me.
Speaker 3: Today, Dave left some books, some of his children's books there for me to give away when I'm there today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just one Coach and you can have that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They've also got Devanni's pizza gift cards.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 3: And also if you haven't won your Boo Bash tickets yet, I got the hook up all right. You just come in and you say you slip me a coffee and then you don't have to give me anything. You just tell me you want to go to Boo Bash and we'll get you into Boo Bash.
Speaker 2: There's one more thing, Maroon five tickets. Oh yeah, can you sign up for Maroon five tickets? Show us next Wednesday night. So a lot of going on at Pilgrim in Wysetta eleven thirty till one thirty. But the main thing is we're trying to raise Coach for people who don't have coats, can't afford coachs have outgrown coats. And it's a lot of churches and schools and things where they have a lot of kids, and it's called coach for kids, but let's face it, there's a lot of adults that don't have coach too, or don't have an adequate winter coat. And here you are. It could be your first Minnesota winter and we want to help you out. Yeah, bring those by, are we going to do?
Speaker 3: People are so kind because I was thinking, you know, we're talking about coats for kids, and we've already gotten a lot of donations for that. So I just wanted to start off by saying thank you for the people who have donated everyone that came out to see Dave yesterday. But yes, people are so kind doing things like going into their closet and donating coats to people who need them.
Speaker 2: We had a dentist and his staff come by. They have a dentist office across the parking lot, and they came by with his staff and they like, hey, we don't have any coach, but you'll take cash donations where like we can do that. Sure, So you know, they donated cash, and I gave him some books and it's like, you know, they didn't have to. But people are so kind. And people bitch all the times, like people shock, people shock, I hate people, and we all say that once in a while, but if for the most part, I really believe people are so kind, whether it's somebody held the door open for you or gave you a little smile when you needed one. Sometimes you see people without a smile, you give them one of your own.
Speaker 5: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 1: So people are so kind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I say people are so kind because a week ago I walked twenty one miles to raise money for some local feeders and I had so many wonderful, beautiful listeners donate to me and also like would request songs that I would play on my on my journeys and then would tell me like how proud they were of me. And oh, I'll get choked up talking about it, because that's just so cute when people are like, I'm proud of you, and I'm like for just walking.
Speaker 5: So people are so kind. Thank you so much for coming along with me on that journey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Calin and let us know, just you know, like something maybe you did something with a I don't know, maybe you and some other parents did something nice for your kids, or I can't think of an example, but if something happened and maybe somebody pulled over and you were out of gas and they gave you ride to the gas station or helped you change your tire, or your neighbor came out and jump started your.
Speaker 5: Car, righted your yard or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just call up and just give us something positive followed with people are so kind. I'll give you one. People that I've never even met before have texted all morning and said happy birthday.
Speaker 1: People are so kind.
Speaker 2: So call it sixty five to one nine eight nine KTWGB, or use the talk back feature and tell us what it is that you want to follow what up with people are so kind? We'll do it after Justin Bieber on KATIWB, Hey go to mention this because it's pretty cool. KATWB is to celebrate our local first responders at the T Mobile store on Penn Avenue South and Bloomington tomorrow nine until eleven US tomorrow. That is tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow. Just let you know it is totally free food games, exclusive offers giveaways, including a chance to win an SEC championship tickets and a five thousand dollars travel voucher. We find out more on the events page at KATWBT. Do ont commed. You're doing nothing tomorrow and you're in the Bloomington area tomorrow from nine until one, Dad, that's on Saturday. It's seventy nine forty six penn Avenue South, so you're looking for something to do.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: The Minnesota Zoo is once again doing their Jackelanin Spectacular happening. Now, yeah, I believe. So there you are.
Speaker 7: It's so nice. I uh, we went and I had no expectations going into it. Imagine a big old garden, but it's a bunch of trees with jack of lanterns in every like shape or like they had one of obviously jackelanin faces.
Speaker 5: Saturday Night Live was on there. They had Wednesday from the show.
Speaker 7: Her face was carved into a pumpkin and it was lit up all these different colors.
Speaker 5: It was so nice and it always looks really cool every time I see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad you went.
Speaker 2: You can sign up to win a four pack of passes on the contest page on KDIWB dot com. So if you go to KATIWB dot com slash contests. No, I'm gonna tell you a little secret. Nobody ever bothers to do it because they don't think they're gonna win. So your chances are like one in three.
Speaker 1: That you're win. I'm serious.
Speaker 2: If I don't have the exact dats Bailey, I believe you. But people never enter that contest on the contest page. It's a secret, little hidden, magical corner of KWB KDWB dot com slash contest. Go enter all the contests because nobody I'm not going to say nobody does, but only two people do it. Yeah, lost opportunity. Your chance is to win are enormous, enormous. All right, it's KDWB. Are we doing the dance party here? What are we going to do?
Speaker 3: I think that we should break the rules and give the keyword a little bit early.
Speaker 1: I'm all for it.
Speaker 5: Let's do it the thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: Let's do it one on one point three. KDWB and Goodwill want to help you win one thousand dollars and qualify for a VIP trip to our iHeartRadio jingle Ball.
Speaker 2: Just enter this nationwide keyword on KDWB dot.
Speaker 1: Com stage best stage.
Speaker 2: Enter it now at kdwb dot com right stage, as in going to the iHeartRadio jingle Ball in New York City and seeing everybody on stage. That's part of the package. You win the thousand dollars and you're also in for that trip to New York City, which would be awesome to do around Christmas. There's your Christmas present for you and your partner, you and your daughter or whoever. But you got to play the game. Go online katiwb dot com and there's a box. It'll pop up. You enter the keywords stage and you're in good Luck Dance Party Friday Morning Dance Party on katiwb.
Speaker 8: It's the keyword taste. That's taste on our iHeartRadio app. Okay, easy to do. Open up the iHeartRadio app. If you haven't downloaded it yet. It's kind of like still having a fax machine, you know what I mean. It's like, yeah, it's okay, it's all right stuff.
Speaker 2: But you gotta take both feet and jump into twenty twenty five and download that free iHeartRadio app. Or maybe it's one of those things that you downloaded it but you never use it. You got to use it. It is a fun little toy. Yeah, it really is because you can listen to any podcast that you can hear anywhere is all on the iHeartRadio app. But what the other apps don't have is radio stations and the Dave Ryan Show. And it's also got music, so if you just want to hear, like I don't know, maybe you just want to hear Lewis Capaldi, you can just listen to Lewis Capaldi.
Speaker 5: I do love him.
Speaker 2: And then it's also got the Minnesota Goodbye. And it's also got a talkback feature, the red microphone button. Spotify don't have none of that. No, Yeah, so tap that red to microphone button, leave the talkback that says the keyword is taste, and that's really all get to do. Just say the keyword is taste, and you're in for that trip to Los Angeles to see Sabrina Carpenter sold out shows. I think she's got four of.
Speaker 3: Them, She's got a handful. So it's going to be one of the dates in November.
Speaker 2: Okay, nice me the perfect time to get out of the cold and snow and frosty freezing temperatures to fly off to La Let's do the Daily Bailey.
Speaker 4: Today on the Daily, Bailey, my plan is out the window, because instead I would like to highlight a fantastic person who sent me a really great package in the mail and her name's Amanda, and Amanda, on Dave's birthday, sent.
Speaker 5: Me a gift. Yes, something Dave did that sting a little bit.
Speaker 1: I feel your pain, Dave.
Speaker 7: Amanda called the show two weeks ago and was like, Hey, I want to send Bailey this for her birthday?
Speaker 1: Where do I send it?
Speaker 5: And I said, well, you didn't ask where to send my birthday gift? I well, I mean it was my birthday over a month show. She did. She sent me but a walking pad, Like what are those little treadmill?
Speaker 1: A big gift?
Speaker 3: So I was just in a different studio during that commercial break and I look and I walk in and I was like, well, that's weird that someone got Dave this. He like talked about how he gave me his walk right, and the Bay's like, oh no, that was for me.
Speaker 4: It's for me, Actually, that's for me on Dave's birthday. So first of all, Vaughn, I texted you, you have to help me next week bring it to my house because it will not fit in my car. My seats don't fold down. I have a two door car, so I know for a fact it won't fit in there. But Jenny and or Dave or I guess, Vaughn, if you have any tips and tricks when I'm using this walking path, thank you, Amanda. When I'm using this walk over the winter time. Obviously I'm gonna be doing it while I'm you know, walking, or I'll walk while I'm watching TV or something like that. But how can I make it so my butt is even bigger and my waist is too super tiny? Oh?
Speaker 3: I thought you might tips of just how to use it, and my first one was, do not go on your phone. I have slammed into my wall in my basement so many times because you can look down at your phone for two seconds and next thing, you know, because a lot of times they're pretty.
Speaker 5: Thin walking paths. Yeah, and even though.
Speaker 3: You're not going very fast, you lose like how straight you're going because you look down at your phone and then and then your foot hits it and then you fly off. I literally have a video of it because I was like trying to send one to my nephew, and you can see me like flying off in the video. I have done it so many times. So just know that your phone will probably cause you an injury.
Speaker 4: An injury, Okay, well I don't want that to happen, So don't be on my phone.
Speaker 5: That's a good tip.
Speaker 3: What else do you Yeah, I don't know what kind it is. Does it have elevation? I don't know, because if it does, it's so exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I walk farther than you think you need to. Okay, yeah, because you know, just just if you've walked like a mile and like that was a mile, that's not bad. Push yourself, yeah, push yourself. Push yourself.
Speaker 5: I mean I'm known to walk like five mile.
Speaker 4: I do love walking in general, but I've always struggle bust going to the gym because there's nothing to look at. But if I have my own TV that I want to watch, because the TV's at the gym, they're always playing like Underworld, and I don't want to watch Underworld. I don't want to watch Resident Evil. That's what it's always playing at the gym. Okay, So I get to watch whatever I want, but I want to, you know, get a big old booty.
Speaker 2: If it has incline, make sure yeah you put it put it put the front of it on a book, on a book on a book or a Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now it's going to build the incline. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Interesting, Okay, that'll build a big old booty. I'm really excited. I think I'm gonna try the couch to five K. Have you heard of that?
Speaker 1: I did the couch to five You really did it?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 5: Affected?
Speaker 1: Oh? Absolutely? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I tried it back in the day when I did have a walking pad when I had to live in boyfriend.
Speaker 5: I did it for like five days and gave up. What is it? What is it? So it's this like program.
Speaker 4: I think there's like an app specifically called like couch to five K, and it starts you off like you're supposed to run for thirty seconds, and then you walk for two minutes, and then you run for thirty seconds, then you walk.
Speaker 5: For two minutes.
Speaker 1: She's exactly right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as you go on, it has you run longer, so that you can go from sitting on the couch every day to running.
Speaker 1: A five k Because if you just start.
Speaker 2: Here's the problem with starting running is kind of like a pastime or a fitness program. Is you go out, you put on your shoes, you put on your hope pocus kind of hope.
Speaker 5: That's what I got.
Speaker 2: And then you go out for a run and you run about a quarter mile and you're exhausted and you go running is not for me? Well, that's because you did it wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you literally you start off by running thirty seconds. Anybody can run thirty seconds, and then you break for two minutes. Then you run another thirty seconds, and you do this off and on for thirty minutes. After a while, you're running for five minutes, resting for two, running for five, resting for two. Eventually you'll be able to run thirty minutes NonStop, but you can't do it first time out?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Is it bad to if you did the like couch to five k or just like doing your little walking pad, having the little what is that thing that you got me that's weighted vest?
Speaker 5: Than can you do that and run at the same time?
Speaker 1: Or is that your can?
Speaker 2: You sure can, but it's probably better for walking because that thing will bounce a little bit. But for walking it's a great because you're gonna add probably what did I give you an eight pound fifteen pound best? Yeah, it's just gonna make your heart a bit faster.
Speaker 5: Okay, So text messages.
Speaker 4: Somebody says, squeeze each butt cheek as hard as you can when you're using the same foot walk forero point five to a one hour at least two point five miles.
Speaker 5: Okay, five miles per hour? Yeah, miles per hour.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I gotta squeeze my butt cheeks.
Speaker 5: Kay, got it.
Speaker 4: Someone said my cat tried to get under my treadmill when I was on it before.
Speaker 5: So just make sure your cat isn't a psycho freak with a death wish. Okay, mine isn't. Thankfully, I think he'll be thrilled.
Speaker 4: I don't know where I'm gonna put it, but it's my apartment's like seven hundred square feet.
Speaker 6: The great thing is you can just push it up against the wall or lean it up against the water. Not working on Oh, I'm so excited. Thank you Amanda for the walking pad on Dave's birthday. I feel loved it was really heavy dragging it down.
Speaker 5: The thing that we got him gifts he did.
Speaker 2: You guys got me some wonderful gifts, so thank you very much, including a lot of summer sausage and brought worst.
Speaker 3: And we have video of him opening the summer Sausage. I sent it to the posted anywhere. Okay not Yeah, we should get that up on our stories because Dave, he took that summer sausage too far.
Speaker 5: You went too far with the summer sage and none of us asked for it.
Speaker 2: We summer sages now in trauma therapy, yes, witness protection.
Speaker 1: Thanks Bailey. All right, it's Katie w B.
Speaker 2: We'll finish up with Dave's Dirt and get you some Boo Bash tickets at the end of the show. Don't call now because we got some things we got to take care of and we'll be busy. But after the after Dave's Dirt, we'll get job on the phone for boobatur on Daves Dirt on Katie w B. Movies open up this weekend where we're trying to like figure out what movies to say.
Speaker 1: Maybe you've seen the trailer for it.
Speaker 2: So there's the the Bruce Springsteen Movie, which is coming out this weekends.
Speaker 5: Today already so you can watch it all week and long.
Speaker 3: And there's a clip we have of Jeremy Allen White, who plays Bruce Springsteen in the movie, that of him singing. I'll play that first and then tell you a little more about that.
Speaker 2: So the clip that just to give you a little heads up. So part one is Jeremy and it sounds so much like Bruce Springsteen that we tacked on Bruce in the second half so you can hear how similar their voices sound.
Speaker 1: Here's a clip.
Speaker 4: I did what.
Speaker 5: Sir, guess it is just me and this word.
Speaker 2: Deliver me from Nowhere is the name of the movie. And it looks really really I love these biopics, like they did the Elvis one, yeah, and then there was another one that we saw.
Speaker 5: Didn't they do Queen the Queen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they did the Complete Unknown, but this one, so this is specifically just about Bruce Springsteen and Jeremy. Allen White said that this was like a pretty nerve wrecking role for him because, I mean, he had to learn how to play guitar.
Speaker 5: He didn't know whatsoever. But everyone is saying that he does such a.
Speaker 3: Good job and it's just like an absolutely stunning performance as Springsteen. So I really want to go see it in movie theaters. And like we said earlier, it is out today, so you can go check it out this weekend.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be kind of cold this weekend.
Speaker 1: Is it going to be cold? I mean, like for good indoor weekend.
Speaker 3: But the chill is in the air is what it is. So it's a good time to go to the movies.
Speaker 5: Go see.
Speaker 3: It's called Springsteen Delivery Meat, Deliver Me from Nowhere.
Speaker 1: Okay, very cool.
Speaker 3: Lewis Capaldi has a new song out that I really want to play. We haven't done it yet, and it's called Almost, I.
Speaker 1: Swear it God Almost. Oh the heart Yeah wow.
Speaker 4: Speaking of heartbreak songs, Taylor Swift is among the nominees for Songwriters Hall of Fame class of twenty twenty six. So she becomes eligible in twenty twenty six, and that's twenty years after her first commercial release.
Speaker 5: If she is.
Speaker 4: Selected, she will be the second youngest inductee in the Hall's history, behind Stevie Wonder, who was enshrined in nineteen eighty three at the age of thirty two.
Speaker 5: So maybe she'll win. That's exciting.
Speaker 1: I think she probably will.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's a random dirt story.
Speaker 7: This guy went to an event I heard about, so cops get people drunk deliberately to help other young cops train for DUI draining.
Speaker 9: This is what they call a wet lab. They get a bunch of volunteers to come in and drink.
Speaker 1: Harry, I need you to go have a double.
Speaker 9: And so they get a double drink until they have the right BAC level according to the breathalyzer. Now we'll see if any of the people who are drinking can pass the sobriety test.
Speaker 5: The guy who had the most to drink.
Speaker 9: Had fourteen drinks over about two and a half hours. Yeah, he didn't pass the test.
Speaker 1: Neither did anybody else.
Speaker 9: The cadet said that they would have arrested every single person who was in that room drinking if they were stopped on the side of the road.
Speaker 5: Don't drink and drive. That's the important message the cops can tell.
Speaker 2: You know what, Really, we've done that before here on, like Katie. But you'd be in some other radio stations where the cops will come in and they'll have you drink, and then they'll give you the blood alcohol content level and you are risingly obliterated, even below the legal limits, like oh man, I don't feel like I should drive and I'm not even like the point eight I think is the is the borderline? Yeah, but then you try to do the field sobriety test where you like say the alphabet backwards, and I guess every time the cops say that, can you say the alphabet backwards? The purp says, I can't even say it when I'm sober. And then they do the lift one foot up in the air and then like hold it up in front of you and the And it's funny to watch these videos because the cops you'll start doing the instructions wrong. They say, don't do anything until you until I tell you to say go. Then they already start.
Speaker 5: So the simon say situation.
Speaker 1: That is the dirt.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by six one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. Thanks for all the kind birthday wishes.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you. Your birthday. You give away a present called bah.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: It's my birthday and you get the presence call me now. We'll take a bunch of calls right now to get you into Boo Bash. You're like, oh man, people ask all the time, can I go to Boo Bash? Yeah, it's really easy to do. Just keep listening because we don't make it hard to get in at all. Just call mid if the line is busy. Wait a minute, call back, we'll get you into Boo Bash. You and a friend twenty one and up. Gary Spidey, the world's most gifted psychic, will be there. Tammy the Tarot card reader will be there as well doing readings. We got three thousand dollars in costume if you want to come out for the sexiest men or women's costume, most Overall Creative, and the duo or group contest. We get one thousand dollars for reach of those mystic late coming up this next Thursday night. Yes, well, by the way, Jenny's going to be out doing something really nice today.
Speaker 3: Swing by Pilgrim Dry Cleaners and Wyzetta. I'll be there at eleven thirty am to one thirty pm collecting coats for coats for kids, and we've got a bunch of giveaways there, including Boo Bash tickets, Maroon five, Devannie's gift cards. Just got to bring a gently used or new coat buy and Dave has some leftover children's books that I can give away as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go by and get one.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you're calling for Boo Bash, let it ring because there's only one f and he's doing his best to get through the phones as quickly as he can, but just let it keep ringing and if it's busy, then try back a little bit. Have a great weekend, and we'll see you back here Monday on KDWB